Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 D11
Zack helps her into the room sitting her down next to the food he frowns at the ankle wound opening a bar of candy he hands it to her “bite down is my advice.”

He pulled the medical kit apart with swabs and other medical needs he began to get to work he hated it hearing the muffled screams as he peeled already infected skin off and dosing the rest with antibiotics he it used to be one of his morals to never hurt a girl but here he was inflicting large amounts of pain upon her.

He finished up on the leg wound bandaging it neatly he then calmly looked to her arm swabbing it down then adding another tied bandage he gave a slight smile as he sat back slowly “We both look tired maybe we should sleep?”. Laying his coat out onto the floor clearly indicating she could have the bed. He got up locked the room up to protect them looking into his pocket he drew a large container of pills taking 5 in his hand he was about to close it then thought of sharing.

“Dreamless sleep?” shaking the tub lightly he began to read the side though. “Bit of a personal question, how old are you?” Reading the side of a large pill tub reading the label for dosage limits.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Her breathing harsh, after he has treated her ankle and arm, Sin sits on the bed, watching him carefully. When he offers her a pill of 'dreamless sleep' she thinks he called it then asked her for her age, she sat and thought for a moment. "Ummm, 22, I think. Yes, I'm 22 yrs. old." Her brows furrow together as she tries to figure out how she knew that.

"No, I don't want any of your pills, thank you, though. And, thank you for bandaging my wounds." She rises off of the bed, taking the thin comforter, leaving the blanket and sheet of the bed and grabs one of the two pillows. "You take the bed, Zack. I'm used to the floor. At least this one has carpet and won't be cold metal." She makes a makeshift pallet, not giving him time to protest and lays down, her machete next to her. Rolling over, facing the wall, quiet tears stream down her cheeks as she tries to figure out who she is, where she came from, and what exactly was she. The memories were only giving her bits and pieces and those weren't very good so far. Had her life always been that horrible? She drifts off to sleep, quiet now.

~They had drug her to the old city, found an alley and began to play. She had regained her senses halfway to the city and had begun to fight, but they're were three of them and they were all the size of Ox, but they looked different. They all resembled the bears of old.

Once they were done with her, the beating began in earnest.~

SinTara came awake fighting, tangled in the comforter, she tried to grab for her machete.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:52 pm

Zack showed no emotions about her being 22 but his head was a buzz as he stooped to pick his coat off the floor he hung it on the headboard. Moving his sword closer to the bed he took the pills in his hand gulping them down without water he sat down on the bed.

Zack had been watching her back the rise and fall of her shoulders he could not sleep he sat up against the wall staring ahead he drew the old photo from his pocket a heavy sigh escaping his lips. He looked at it knowing full well what he looked upon he stared at the picture in wonder he finally put it away after a good duration in the night he lay down on his back looking at the roof he suddenly heard Sin scuffling around he sat up looking at her seeing her face in the moonlight.

~So beautiful he thought~ He pushed these thoughts back into a deep recess in his mind. “Is everything ok Sin?” showing some worry he had surprised himself for actually showing worry for a person he had just me or was it. He frowned at his own train of thought wondering if something was hidden in his past that the priests had not told him.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 pm

She's trapped, she can't get out, can't get to her machete, and she hears a man's voice. She's trapped in a flashback and all she knows is that she needs to protect herself.

She looks up at Zack, sitting on the bed, the comforter tangled around her legs, but she still can't move them. Her eyes are now a blazing golden amber, her canines having lengthened considerably, fear shows brightly in her eyes. Her long hair is tangled around her shoulders, her breathing is labored as she tries to regain control of herself.

She finally untangles herself, grabs the machete and stands, holding the machete with both hands. She stares at Zack, the dream that has caused the flashback still has her in it's grip. She feels the familiar itching under her skin, as if something is moving, trying to get out. A very female, very frightened growl escaped through her lips as she tries to control the shift, her eyes never leaving Zack.

Looking around the room, still gripping the machete, she returns her gaze to Zack. "Where are they?! Where are the guards?! Are they gone? Please tell me they're gone?"

((BTW, Zack would have seen the scars on her back from her being punished for not killing the nomads. Forgot to put that in the last post.))
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:26 pm

He rolls off the bed he slowly stood his arms outstretched his silver eyes seemed to glow as hers went golden he felt a twitch in his shoulder blades but he continued to stand open arms “The guards?” There are no guards here!” Zack keeping eye contact with Sin slowly came closer “Come on Sin me and you are friends.” Hoping to trigger her out of her dreamlike state he decided on another approach.

“It’s Zack we were at the motel we had a quarrel we just sorted out our wounds then we went to sleep remember.” Zack was within range of the machete he continued calling her name saying it slowly once he got close he put a hand over her machete hand the over wrapping round her he rested his cheek upon the top of her head “It’s just a nightmare we all get them, just take a deep breath and step away from it all.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:32 pm

She allows Zack to take the machete from her and pull her into his arms. For once in her life, Sin feels safe, albeit, it's in Zack's arms, a complete stranger, but she melts into his arms. "No, not dreams. Mine aren't dreams, Zack. They're memories." A quiet sob escapes, "I don't know who I am, where I come from, or what I am. My memories show me that I was supposed to kill innocent people and I refused. But, why....why would someone want me to kill innocent people?" She allows Zack to hold her as her fear subsides. "The memories come with pain if they're not in a dream. My head ends up feeling like it will split in two."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Zack gives a small frown “Well memories are difficult to deal with compared to dreams.” Looking down to her listening to all she explains about her entire fiasco of a problem. Zack lifts his hand itching the back of his head “well you have a name, locations tie you down so your free and your yourself you don’t need to be fully human just live as who you are!” He takes deliberation over how he could explain the next part on why people would want a killing machine he decided he would avoid that question as it was a sensitive area to talk over.

He took her to the bed laying her down He pulled a smaller tub of pills “These are painkillers for the headaches.” throwing them on the bed next to her. “I’m gonna go look for some clothes for you maybe some other bits and pieces will you be all right on your own for an hour.” Standing up he walked to the door without his coat or sword frowning at the many locks on the door ‘security extreme’. Turning back round he gave a friendly smile to Sin.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:15 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Stasinus

Basic instinct tells the lion-man not to approach the settlement and so Stasinus, decides to remain aloof. The ruins of the city are vast, and there may yet be other encampments and towns that might accept his kind. Powerful as he is, against so many the fight would be short and dares not enter any place unknown to him that lacks the scent of his kind. Heading north, the giant animal mutant vanishes into the night.

--------*--------*--------*--------*--------*--------*--------

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Pheyd

Through a small window a pair of unnaturally blue eyes curiously watched the two newcomers. They had been observing them since their arrival, but never looked long enough to trigger that 'sixth sense' that most denied to be true. Returning his eyes to the sink, the dishwasher continued to scrub a dirty pot in brownish coloured water.

He was a large man, heavily muscled with white hair. One might judge him to be around thirty years of age, but his perfect unblemished face made if difficult to determine. In fact at times his pale skin didn't seem real and despite the heat in the kitchen the man hardly sweat but his employer, however, couldn't be bothered to take notice of such things.

"Pheyd!" Called a small asian man known as Lu. "Clean-up at table 6 and remember to bring any tips to me."

One day of washing dishes for the anal restaurateur had felt like a week, but the job gave him food and place to sleep. Pheyd didn't have anything to trade, and what he had he wasn't about to part with so the dishwasher job was necessary for the time being.

Pheyd had quickly learned that his employer only cared about two things — 'Noodles and money' — and so he couldn't be bothered to take any notice whether his dish washer's eyes were too blue or his skin, at times, didn't appear to be natural. He had arrived at night and so the guards not being able to get a good look at his eyes had passed him through after he satisfied their questions. Since then, he kept his eyes low and stayed in the kitchen awaiting the arrival of someone who might be able to answer his own questions.

"Yes, Mr. Lu." Pheyd responded and exited the kitchen just as Bonnie had caught sight of the small window that she got a 'feeling' from. He had received that same feeling from she and her partner and knew they were hunters when he saw them. They moved differently than the others and their eyes just didn't 'look' at the world around them, they 'saw' it. What they hunted he did not know, but he felt as if they may have the answers he sought. Keeping his head low, and eyes to the floor, Pheyd wearing a filthy old apron walked into the crowded noodle house and began to clear the table.

Last edited by Tiphereth on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:14 pm

"Yea, Zack, I'll be fine." She looks warily at the bottle of pills. "I'd just as soon not take the pills. The headaches don't last long and I don't like taking pills if I can help it." She smiles back at Zack as he heads out the door.

Laying there in the old bed, SinTara thinks about her memories, who the doctor is. He is average height, maybe 5 ft. 7 in. tall, average build and salt and pepper hair, cut short. His eyes are a cold, cruel black. The irises are as black as the pupil. Who is he? He calls her daughter. She couldn't be an offspring of such a monster, could she? Rolling over, she drifts off to sleep.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Something causes her to wake after just drifting off. She knows that she hadn't even gotten to get to a nice sleep, before instinct forced her up. Zack had just left maybe 15 minutes ago and he'd said he'd be about an hour. What woke her?

Rising off the bed, she heads to the door, listening. She hears scuffling coming from across the hall, maybe in the other room. Grabbing her machete, she quietly opens the door and steps out.

The next thing she knows, she's on the floor, having been struck in the head. She looks back at her attacker and sees one of guards. Her eyes widen in alarm looking at the 7 foot 350 pound bear hybrid. "Well, well, well. Look at who I found. He turns and the second of the three guards steps out of the room from across the hall. "Clarence was right, Jaques. Those bugs worked nicely in pinpointing prospective vics." Jaques keeps his yellow gaze on Sin. "Yea, who would have thought that they would have picked up her voice along with some man's. You've been a naughty girl, Sin. But, since you survived our little playtime with you, the doc wants you back. He thinks there's hope for you yet."

As he reaches for her, Sin kicks out with uninjured foot, hitting Jaques in the side of the knee, causing him to drop, screaming obsentities. She turns her attention onto the other, slowly rising with her back to the wall, her machete having flown from her hands when Jaque clubbed her with his beefy fist. A snarl escapes her lips, "I'm not going back, ever." The guard pulls out the collar and leash as Jaques rises to his feet. Her kick wasn't strong enough to dislocate the knee, just cause excrutiating pain. "You little bitch. Now I'm in pain and you know what they used to say about a wounded bear." He pulls out a bull-whip and Sin's eyes go from golden amber to a glowing amber with fear. She knows that whip, she's very familiar with it.

Jaques snaps the whip close to her, causing her to jump. "Do you remember how to dance, Sin? Do you remember how you danced hanging in your cell while Ox whipped you? Well, if you don't do what doc says this time, it will be even worse. He's come up with new ways to make rebellious children obey." He laughs at that thought and Sin takes her chance, seeing that the other guard is busy toying with the collar and leash. She dives for her machete, grabbing it, rolls back to her feet, holding it in both hands, facing the two large hybrids.

"Awwww, c'mon Sin. Don't make this hard," says the nameless guard. "No, Sin, make it hard, make it very hard for us." This comes from Jaques, and evil leer on his face.

Sin drops the machete and calls her wolf, the now familiar popping of bones and fur appearing a welcome thing. She hears Jaques yell at 'nameless'. "THE COLLAR!! SNAP THE COLLAR ON HER BEFORE SHE FINISHES!! TRAP HER IN THE MIDDLE, IT'LL BE PAINFUL FOR HER!!" But, she's able to finish the shift before nameless reaches her. Now, standing before them, is a very frightened, very pissed off she-wolf standing about 4 feet at the shoulder, teeth bared, eyes amber with a red glow in the middle. She lunges for Jaques, fearing that whip more than anything.

Her teeth latch onto his crotch, and she bites down, blood spurting into her mouth. Jaques scream in pain, not knowing what to do to get her off. If he pulls her off, things of his anatomy that he wants to keep will come off with her. If he pounds on her head, the he will be basically driving those sharp teeth in further and he doesn't want that. Nameless is standing there, staring at what he's seeing, not sure if he believes that sweet, I won't kill, SinTara is actually attacking them. "What'd ya want me to do, Jaques?! What'd ya want me to do?" Jaques grimaces as Sin growls, yanking. "I DON'T KNOW!! BUT DO SOMETHING AND LEAVE ME INTACT!"

Nameless charges Sin, jamming a beefy fist into her side, cracking a rib, causing her to release Jaques. Nameless then picks her up and throws her into the lobby, where she crashes into the tiled floor. Laying there, she shifts back to human, panting and bruised. They both approach her, Jaques with a definite limp. He cracks the whip, "Now, you pay. I'll just tell the doc that the man we heard with you killed you." Blood is streaming down his legs, tears in the crotch of his pants. His eyes are glowing red. "You can't shift when you're injured, can you Sin? More's the pity. You always were a failure, a nothing. You're own mother didn't even want to have anything to do with once you were born." Little did Sin know, but the doc killed her mother shortly after she was born.

The whip sails out and connects with Sin's now almost nude body. It wraps around her side, laying her wide open from the bottom rib on her right side and across the middle of her back. She screams Zack's name as she tries to rise to fight back. The whip sails again, this time wrapping around her throat as Jaques pulls her closer to him.

As she's being drug closer to him, she says in a choked voice, "I...am....not...going...back!" She pulls back, causing him to struggle to pull her to him. "Naww, Sin. You're not going back anymore. You're going to pay for what you did to me and my jewels before I kill you, slowly." As he gets her to him, he hollers at 'Nameless', "Slap the collar and leash on her. NOW!!" 'Nameless' does as he's told as Jaques gives a little yank to the whip, causing it to unwrap from around her neck. "Now, how about we go find someplace private, just you and me. Carl! (the name for nameless), keep watch for the man she was with." Using the leash, Jaques drags her down a different hallway, one going off the west side of the lobby and kicks a door in while Carl stands guard in the middle of the lobby.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Zack had been walking along when he felt an itch at the back of his skull turning round he wondered what could be wrong then a strong pang in his gut “SIN!” He felt something was wrong as he was running forward he heard a yell for his name then the click of something. Coming to a stop with as little noise as a dormouse would make. Zack gave a glance down the stairs seeing a ‘bear’ no he shook his head more hybrids this never went well he slowly crawled across into a corridor looking around he found a good sized stone. Hoping Carl would fall for the classic trick he threw it on the right stair case bouncing it so it sounded as if he had ran away into the building.

He listened to Carl’s footsteps as they approached the stairs slowly he went into a room next to the steps hearing Carl get closer and closer then stopping at the top. They waited Zack knew the longer he waited the worse it was for Sin he had to act. Grabbing a chair he took a deep breath he ran out Carl was quick ‘animal’ quick he dodged the thrown chair by Zack who dived at Carl both being bombarded down the stairs Zack winced as they both went tumbling down it all went black for a moment, Death?

Zack suddenly came to he could feel the burning of the moonlight through a window indeed he had died down the stairs they had been dangerous Carl lay in heap of broken bones as Zack should have been as well. Standing on one good leg which had escaped the pounding he hopped to the room picking up his inventory of items he couldn’t help but cough as he walked blood falling from his mouth dark black clotted blood walking back through the lobby he reached the door with a wince. He rounded the corner the thought of saving his si…. friend.

“Oi dickless bear I see you having troubles” holding the sword his eyes dull his arms like lead he stood before the bear he gave a shiver as he looked upon the beast his coat flapping around him he knew he should have stealth killed it but pride had overtaken him….again! The beast had Sin on a collar in the centre of the room.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Blood was dripping down Sin's right side from where the whip had cut into her flesh. She fought the collar and leash, to no avail. Jaques was able to drag her into the room with little trouble.

Sensing someone in the doorway, Jaques turns, still holding the leash. SinTara sees the blood on Zack and that something is wrong with one leg. "Zack," she says in a low voice. Jaques looks back and forth between the two, and grins. "So, little wolf, is this the man you've been with? And after I thought me and my comrades had shown you such a good time when we brought you to the city, you turn on us and shack up with someone else." He backhands her, causing her head to snap back and it not for him holding the leash attached to the collar around her neck, she would have dropped to the floor. "It looks like your knight in shining armour is a little worse for wear. What'ya gonna do, boy, take her from me? I'd like to see you try. She'll be of no help to you with this collar on. It keeps her from shifting to her wolf form, see." He moves behind Sin, keeping an eye on Zack as he does and using the leash ties Sin to the chair in the room. He then takes his whip and snaps it a couple of times, making Sin flinch.

"Zack. That's what she called you, wasn't it? You see how she flinches when I snap the whip? She knows the whip....she knows it well. Don't you SinTara?" He snaps the whip at her again, opening a long, thin stripe of red at her waist. Sin doesn't make a sound, but the pain shows in her eyes.

Seeing that Zack doesn't like what he's doing, Jaques laughs at him. "She's had worse, Zack, trust me. A few more whip scars won't matter to her. After all, she's one of the doc's greatest failures. Aren't you Sin?" Sin glares at him, "Go to hell, you bastard!" Shaking his head in disappointment, Jaques returns his red gaze back to Zack. "Let's dance, you and I and the winner gets the girl. Which, by the way, I will win and I will have her and then I'll kill her reeeeaaal slow." He advances on Zack as SinTara tries to get loose of her bindings to the chair.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Zack slowly walked in assessing the situation it was dire he felt disgusted at what he saw coughing slightly his silver eyes looking up at this bear-human…..Hybrid the word slipping into his mind then it was butted out “A coward!” His train of thought had been thought aloud as he looked upon the bear his statue changing slowly becoming calmer and straighter became less of the mess he had been, still he could feel bones grinding from his fall. He watched him snap his whip seeing Sintara flinch from the blows he felt it in the base of his skull a slight throbbing pain flashes before his eyes.

“Hell I’ll take her from you and rip you to shreds in the process.” He hears a small voice egging him on in the back of his head he felt the pain increase in the back of his skull suddenly it stopped calm and serene. He removed his gloves from his hands throwing them to the floor. “I’ll kill her reeeeaaal slow." Zack’s eyes finally focus on the Hybrid illuminating a sharp silver becoming bright his mouth stretching back in anger his hands clasping around the claymore he charges swinging the blade with full ferocity enough to cut any man in half his veins in his neck bulging his canines grow to overlap his lower lip “It will be you to die this day.” His laugh almost hysterical as he swung the two handed blade.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Sin's eyes widen as she watches the transformation of Zack take place. Her pain is forgotten as she watches him raise the claymore and meet Jaques with an attack of his own. His laugh causes a shiver to shake her body as she watches him cleave the bear hybrid in two, his blood splattering over her, mixing in with her own blood.

In shock, she sits there, looking at Jaques, one half of his body laying at her feet, the other laying where he was felled.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Zack licked the blood from his blade laughing ever so slightly when suddenly his eyes dimmed his canines retracting he fell to his knee shivering then with a retch he vomited up the blood he had just licked. “Jesus that’s horrible.” He sits shaking and shivering wreck blood had covered. The hybrid’s legs were still pumping blood across the floor he slowly stood in the mess swiping the sword in a circle the blood flicking off onto a wall he sheathed it in his back sheath he limped over to Sin. Scratching at the corners of one of the claw scars on his face he slowly began to untie the rope falling to the ground he reached up to undo the collar his finger shook before him as he undid it.

“We are safe for now.” He felt unsteady on his feet feeling almost light headed as he looked at the scene he had committed.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Sin stood shakily, watching Zack warily. Seeing that he's still injured, she decides the time for questions can come later as, regardless of her own wounds, she loops her arm around Zack's waist, supporting him as she moves him from the carnage and the room and back to room 12.

Setting him on the bed, she looks him over. "I don't know what to do for you, Zack. Tell me what to do to help you." She's still in shock, trying to keep busy. She doesn't tell him that they need to leave, and soon. She hadn't missed Carl talking about the bugs working fine and that that was how the doctor knew that she was there. He would send more hybrids to bring her back or worse and Zack was already suffering because of her.

"I'm sorry, Zack. I'm sorry that you had to get hurt because of me. Let's get you fixed up and then I'll go. They won't keep coming right now and you'll just get hurt again." She looks at him, her eyes full of sorrow. "I don't know you and you don't know me, but you have been kind and showed me understanding and compassion. I couldn't bear it if anything more happened to you because of me."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Zack lays on the bed of room 12 he lays their thinking upon his wounds wondering what she could possibly do for shattered shins and grinded knee joints but now was not the time to be cocky instead a friendly manner should be taken “Sin nothing can help me at the moment all my injuries are internal I would help with yours but my hands.” He holds them in front of him shaking and twitching vigorously “Just an adrenaline rush that’s all.” Trying to convince himself more than Sin about his situation looking to her he realises the amount of shock she is in.

Zack reaches across onto the side table picking a candy bar. “Eat it will make you feel better and you should really lock the door behind you.” Handing her the candy bar as he could not think of many ways for her to be preoccupied he could feel the shards of bone moving to heal in his flesh glancing at the moon through the window. “How long of night time do you think we have?” Asking Sin the question.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Sin drops the candy bar, food the last thing on her mind right now. She can hear the bones grinding as they heal themselves inside of his skin. "Don't worry about my wounds. I'll be fine and they don't even really hurt." Looking out the window, she deducts that they have maybe an hour of nighttime left. "Maybe and hour, Zack. Not much more than that."

She begins to pace, constantly looking at Zack. She goes over to the bed and kneels down next to him. "Zack, I shouldn't stay with you. Carl and Jaques talked about their being bugs, listening devices here and that's how the doctor knew that I was here, with you. They will come again and you will get hurt again. Maybe it's not worth running, not if you or someone else is going to get hurt because of me. I don't know. I don't know what to do. You just lay there and heal, I'll stand guard." She's rambling due to her shock, and when it passes, the stinging pain will hit.

She goes out to the hallway and collects the machete. Returning to the room, she locks the door behind her and sits up against the wall at the foot of the bed, her head resting on the hilt of the machete.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Zack listened with a sympathetic ear to her rambling understanding her situation he let her go he felt his leg finish healing he knew an hour wouldn’t be enough he would still have 2 broken ribs and maybe problems with his right elbow but he just considered these watching her sit at the foot of the bed he moved himself off the bed pushing himself off one arm limp by his side he went past Sin looking at the en-suite it had a shower installed turning the shower taps he found to his pleasure it worked.

Walking back out using his only hand he hugged Sin “I’m not sure how hot the water is but I think you should take a shower to cool the nerves and to wash off all this blood. I found a set of clothes for you before we got caught and make sure you lock the bathroom when you go.” Giving a smile he walked to the door unlocking it and quickly leaving he gave a light jog his footsteps could be heard on the floor above as he went to collect the clothes he had found earlier.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Sin watched as Zack left the room and went to get the clothes he found for here. She rose and walked into the bathroom, locking the door. Not wasting any time, she lucked out and found some old shampoo, conditioner, and bath soap along with threadbare towels and washcloths. The water was lukewarm and she was sure there wasn't much of it to spare so she showered quickly, wincing as the water and soap ran into her wounds. Especially the long, thin, deep red line that ran from her right side just under the last rib to and around to her back. It still oozed, but was at least clean for now. Stepping from the tub, she wrapped her hair up in the towel and dried off. Looking at what little was left of her previous clothes, she wrinkled her nose and wrapped the towel around her. Unlocking the door, she walked out, sat on the bed facing the window, her back to the door and waited for Zack to return.

While she waited, she took her down out of the towel and began to towel dry the long, thick locks, still in some shock from previously as well as going over and over in her head everything and anything that Carl and Jaques had said to her, trying to see if any of it jogs any memories.

Meanwhile, in the lab only about 5 miles north of Purdition, Dr. Darius Bainbridge storms through the lab, causing lab techs, nurses, everyone to scramble out of his way. "Damn bears, can't do anything right! And, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW SINTARA SURVIVED!! SHE SHOULD BE DEAD!! I WANT HER BROUGHT BACK HERE.....ALIVE!!!" He must have missed something with her, some clue as to her survival instinct. Maybe he could put her small size to use, if he could just get her to follow orders. Her memory being wiped clean was of no consequence to him. He would play the sabbitical saint and rescuer. When he got done with her, she would do anything he told her to do or she would face the boys.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:47 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Pheyd

As Pheyd placed the bowls and cups into his plastic bin, he listened to the conversations of the patrons, searching for any information of the surrounding area or the mention of a laboratory or research facility. One man mentioned that the 'crats' were getting worse in the northern ruins and described how they surrounded and killed one his dogs. Phaeyt was astounded by how quickly the mutations had occurred during the centuries that he was traveling through space and from what he could tell they had been accelerated by radiation and experimentation. Another man in a far corner cursed the existence of some creatures called, 'hybrids' which Pheyd understood were genetically designed combinations of man and animal.

The presence of genetically engineered monstrosities sounded promising and Pheyd considered that if they existed then perhaps the labs that created him were still operational as well. Many centuries had passed, however, since he had set foot on this planet and much had changed. The powerful corporation, 'BIOGENEX' no longer existed, in fact nothing that he remembered remained. In his absence the world had been transformed into a shadowy reflection of what once was and he struggled to see a place for a Synthecan in it.

The only thing fortunate about the collapse of society was that no one seemed to remember Synthecans. Not many of his kind were made, as the process required the collaborative efforts of several geneticists and bio-mechanical engineers to produce just one. Even if any had remained on the planet, he figured that as durable as they were, even Synthecans would, after centuries succumb to the harsh environment. He considered that others could have been made but if Perdition was an example of the technology and resources that the world had to offer it would be impossible to manufacture a clone and the necessary bio-mechanical parts to create a Synthecan. All of his theories were of course based on speculation and he would only know for certain if he was able to locate the other labs. He had found the first facility to the East of Denver, where his escape-pod had landed but there were very little remnants of it, but he recalled that there had been other BIOGENEX laboratories further west. That was what he was after.

Pheyd's attention had been caught by the call of a rather slovenly man. "Hey. You know you're kind of odd looking.", he stated as he focused his one good eye on the tall, pale skinned man.

Pheyd keeping his head low, twisted his face toward the customer and gazed at him over his shoulder. A slight smile curled one side of his dark lips as he considered the many responses he could have made, but the insignificant slob was not worth the breath. Instead he merely quoted a few lines from an ancient poem by Dickenson, "Winds of summer fields, Recollect the way,-- Instinct picking up the key, Dropped by memory."

The man screwed his face at the strange words uttered by the 'bus-boy' and not really knowing how to respond simply went back to eating and ignored the strange white haired man. Pheyd turned away and went about his business, the situation successfully diffused, he wove his way through the maze of tables.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Once her long, thick hair was as dry as it was going to get with just a towel, Sin tossed it to the side and stared out the window through a small gap in the dirty curtains. Her side still oozed and was beginning to burn as well as her ankle and arm. A bruise was beginning to show its color on the side of her face from where Jaques had slugged her. Thinking about Jaques caused her to shiver, remember how Zack had killed him, how Zack had changed. He had saved her life and taken care of her wounds on her ankle and arm, but now, she was wary of him. In the short time they'd been together, she had begun to care for him even though now, she was a little wary, but that was why she was contemplating leaving now, before he returned. Not because she was cautious around him now, but because she cared about him. He was already injured because of her, next time could be even worse. She didn't want another death on her hands.

Where had that come from? Had someone died because of her once before? Who, where and when?

That's when she remembers the clothes she'd found earlier in the dresser that was in the room. She'd stuffed them in the bag when she was going to jump out of the window when Zack had first knocked on the door. Grabbing the bag, she pulls out the black, short, tight shorts and the black sports bra. Heading to the bathroom, she shuts the door, drops the towel and changes. Looking into the mirror, she sees that they fit almost perfect, the outfit showing off her muscularly toned legs and toned abs, as well as other attributes. But, that couldn't be helped. She was a female after all, and had to deal with breasts. Looking around in the bathroom, she opens drawers and in the third one, finds a comb and brush. ~Now, what are those doing here?~, she thinks to herself. Running the brush through her hair, she brushes it until the silver highlights make the bluish/black color of her hair seem to sparkle and shine.

Then she hears it. A humming noise, almost nondetectable at least to the human ear. She begins looking, and finds it under the sink, in the cabinet. It's about the size of a dime, round, flat, gray, and humming. The listening device or at least one of them. She pulls it off of the pipe and stares at it, wondering what to do with it. She smiles as she begins to speak, "I know you can hear me, doctor whoever you are and your bears are dead. I'm not coming back nor am I dying any time soon." She places the device in the tub, runs a little bit of water on it and watches as it sparks and then goes silent.

Stepping out of the bathroom, she is dropped by another memory. ~She hears voices from the slab she's tied to. Her mind's fuzzy and her body won't move and it's not just from the bindings. "Ready the motel, Clarence. Make sure that the water tank in the basement is full, brushes, shampoo, everything and anything that would keep someone in that motel until they can be brought back. That damned girl has been talking to some the others who are having a hard time following orders and I'm afraid that they will try to escape. They don't dare go to Purdition, so that leaves Denver or what's left of it. I saw the motel and with the gas station not too far away, it's perfect. That stuff will keep them there until the bears can retrieve them." "Yes, Doctor. Right away." She hears the scuffling of feet then, "Jaques, you, Carl, and one other take SinTara now to the old city. Do what you want with her, but make sure she doesn't come back. She won't remember anything anyway." Blackness overtakes her again.~

Dropped to the floor just outside the bathroom door, Sin grips her head. Now she knows that it's the drug causing her head to split in two every time she has a memory. She feels another coming on and moans in pain.

~She was nice, the nicest one of them all. Suzy was her name. She was one of the people that worked at the lab and she had kind eyes. She wasn't very old, 21 maybe, but Sin liked her. She brought her food when she was in put into solitary after being whipped or beaten for disobeying orders. That's where she was now and Suzy had just brought her a little bit of food and water as well as salve for her back. The door opens, she's yanked out into the bright light. She squints her eyes, the light hurting them after being in darkness for 3 days. She's thrown into a room with a large picture window looking into an arena. Her eyes widen as she's tied to a post in front of the window. The post was new, she could somehow tell that. She looked through the window again, not wanting to believe what she saw. Suzy was tied to a stake in the middle of the arena. A collar was around her neck with a rawhide tie going from the collar to the stake. It was only about 5 feet long. The gates at one end of the arena open and two hyena hybrids come running into the arena. The doctor then appears next to SinTara. "This is what happens, Sin, when someone helps you while you're being punished. This is your fault, remember that." She hears him sigh, "Ahhhh, what a waste. She would have made a good breeder." He pushes a button, the hyenas only circling the girl as she screams at them. "Begin and enjoy." The two males quickly switch to a half hyena/half man form, making them about 8 feet tall, with spotted fur covering their bodies, faces in between a hyena and a man. They charge her and Sin watches in horror as they rip her apart bit by bit, killing her slowly. She hears a whisper in her ear. "This is your fault. She helped you and you let her."~

Sin screams again, "NOOOOOOOOO!!" She lays there on the floor, her head splitting, but now knowing that she must leave Zack. If the doctor does find her and Zack is with her, he'll do the same, if not worse to Zack.

((Back at the lab))

Doctor Bainbridge stands in the radio room, fuming as he hears Sin's voice before nothing but static. "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!" He knows without a doubt now, that he definately missed something with the little she-wolf. If nothing else, he would breed her with the male wolf hybrids, whether she wanted to or not. Her will to survive could be passed on to the young and he could use that to his advantage. But, he had to get rid of this Zack person first. He had taken out both bears, by himself, of this he was sure of. Zack may be a problem, but problems could be dealt with. And, he knew that the non-human hunters were in the area. He had to get to Sin, before they found her and killed her for what she was. "Get a team together, Clarence. You're leading it."

The Komodo dragon hybrid gives his version of a smile, cold and calculating. "Yes, Doctor Bainbridge." The hybrid has rough skin, brownish/gray in color. His eyes are yellow with a red rim and the pupils are slits instead of circular. His tongue is forked and even in his human state, he can smell the way a real Komodo could, with his tongue as well as his nose. "If anyone has a problem following your orders on the outside, bring them to me and I will deal with it." Clarence nods his head in respect and acknowledgement to the doctor. "And, Clarence. Don't fail me."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Zack found the clothes throwing them over his limp arms shoulder. He winced as he had to bend down a broken rib moving ever so slightly standing straight he began to walk back he stopped at Carl’s body. “Rest in peace old friend.” Closing the shocked eyes he knew why he had overcome the poor guy he had recognized him from before he had left the ‘facility’.

Zack walked to the room he saw the bathroom door open and with Sin on the floor screaming. Zack moved forward quickly he dumped the clothes onto the bed then getting to Sin’s side ignoring the pain in his ribs he crouched down next to her looking into her eyes the change in them at seeing him he knew she was thinking of leaving he gave a sigh. “It would be the clever option Sintara.” Using her full name for once he sat down cross legged. “I could betray you more than you know it I never explained what I was before the church.” Zack rooted into his Jacket pulling the ever typical photo this time he gave the photo to her.

It was something unexpected a picture of maybe 10-13 men all rowed up in front of a building Zack stood up as Sin looked over the picture more carefully. None of the men smiled they were all dressed casually. She recognized almost all of the men within it even the single women it was the facility guards and slaves to the doctor the women being the one she had just thought about with Zack in the centre staring at the camera with the claymore at his back.

"I'm sorry I should leave before I anger you or cause you to attack." With that finished he turned round asking himself *can sins ever be forgiven or are you doomed to eternal damnation*

(I will leaves the clothes to your decision)
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:38 pm

SinTara stares at the picture, seeing Zack in the middle, the familiar claymore at his back. She looks back up to the 'Zack' standing in front of her and then back to the 'Zack' in the picture. "You were one of the guards? But, you're not human, at least no more than I am. I don't understand." Then she thinks about what he said before showing her the picture, about him possibly betraying her. She looks confused.

"I wasn't leaving because of what you once were. I was going to leave because if the doctor catches me and you are with me, he will kill you or worse. I couldn't bare that." She rises, stands before him, looking up into his face. "I was going to leave to protect you." She rubs her temples, the pain telling her that another memory is soon to come. "Explain to me what you were here. This is where I was, I think. Where I was created. I don't understand." Her eyes darken, "Tell me. Explain before another memory comes as I can feel it coming."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:51 pm

“I know you weren’t leaving cause of that I am trying to give you more reason to hate me to leave also if im caught by the doctor in any time I would be killed for what I did to him. I have already died I fell down the stairs with Carl I was in the exact same situation if you mind to take a peak and see his broken limbs.” Taking a deep breath he gave a wry smile getting ready to explain.

“I’ll explain simply I was the head of all of them I was the doctors second hand man when you go into your memory look beyond him leaning against a wall that was where I usually was I am ashamed for not intervening.” He stood stock still as he stared into her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next