Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin didn't relax or lower her blade, instead she stared at Stasinus. "What are you doing here?" Sin could see that the guards were dead and her way clear to where her sister was, except for these two being in her way. "I must continue on, so if you would, move out of the way." She wasn't sure whether or not it was wise to tell them why she was here yet, so she kept quiet, moving cautiously, attempting to get around them.

She saw the other man as she moved along the wall, watching both of them warily. "Thank you for clearing out the guards, but I must move on." She turned to race through the doors.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Pheyd

Quick as she was the white haired man was suddenly before her, sinisterly gazing at her with his unnaturally blue eyes as cat with a mouse. A slight smile curled the side his mouth, and he paced before her as if urging her to attempt another means of escape.

"Pheyd, that's enough" Growled the lion-man, who alone understood the nature of the synthecan. "Sin. He is not going to hurt you." Stasinus placated, "He is unfortunately following what he knows."

Stasinus was not about to try and explain what he meant, he wasn't completely sure himself, but he understood that Pheyd was quite inexperienced when it came to emotions. He had told the lion-man that he was combat-model, and so he figured that most of what he knew involved military tactics and on the brutal aspects of war and battle. He could see the animal instinct come out in the synthetic man's eyes when Sin had run. He did not have the will to resist the chase, and even his facial expression had turned harsh and wild.

The lion-man moved surprisingly fast and before she knew it he was at her side. "We only want to know, who controls this place, and where they are. Do you know?" he then looked down the corridor where the girl was so urgently trying to go. "I would take care in what you may find down there. We found signs of something that is very large and very violent."

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Stasinus
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin stopped running immediately, eyes fearful at the synthecan. She looked down the corridor that Stasinus mentioned, speaking about something large and violent. "My sister," she whispered.

"Why do you want to know who controls these labs?" Sin was now becoming even more nervous, memories of past tortures creeping into her mind, her eyes slowly becoming wild with new fear at the thought of Dr. Bainbridge.

She snarls, showing her sharp canines. "The man who runs this place is evil. What do you want do you want with him?"
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Pheyd burst out laughing. "Your allusions are all wrong my dear. We want to know where this man is, " he made an overly dramatic pause then fiendishly finished with, "so we can kill him."

Stasinus sighed at his companions behaviour. "He speaks true little one. This man had performed horrific atrocities to my kind, he must be made to pay."

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin, stood up straighter now, becoming somewhat calmer. She turned, lifting her hair so that they could see what scars were visible. Her upper back was criss-crossed with scars from a whip. "I too, wish him dead and to free my sister who is the beast you spoke of."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Pheyd and Stasinus both shared a look, thinking the exact same thing at the same time but it was the lion-man who relayed the thought. "We have not come here to wrangle a beast, we only want the man responsible for all of this." He rose his long arms gesturing to the corridor and everything about them. "Do you know where this man is? What his name may be?"

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:14 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin looked at Stasinus, "His name is Dr. Bainbridge and yes, I believe he is here, somewhere. I have already been targeted by his henchmen as he has decided that he wants me back after he left me for dead."

She turned towards the now open doorway, "I don't expect you to help me with my sister, that was not my intent, I just want to get her out of here and see him dead."

Suddenly, Sin grips her head, a cry escaping her lips as she falls to her knees.

~"SinTara, what have you done now?" She could see Bainbridge standing before her in a training room. She was on the floor, bloodied and bruised, Clarence standing over her with a cattle prod. "You're supposed to disarm him, not wind up on the floor!" She winces as his foot connects with her ribs. She looks around, seeing what looks like a large gym like area, double doors at one end, torture devices and weapons at the other end. Another door was in the far corner. "Take her back to her cell, Clarence. It will take her a couple of days to heal before we can start again."

Clarence yanks her up, nearly dislocating her shoulder. "C'mon, Sin." He shoves her through the double doors, clubbing the back of her head as he does so. As she walks along the hallway hears growling coming from the other side of one of the doors. Clarence shoves her forward, "Don't worry, Sin. You won't have the privilege of winding up like her." Once they reached her cell, Clarence licked the side of her face before shoving her inside and slamming the door shut. "Enjoy your respite, you little twit. I'll be harder on you next time around."~

Sin rose, shaky, her eyes glazed with the pain from her head. "I must find the training area."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:06 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 0_61_100907_russia_chessboard

Dr. Bainbridge sat alone in his chamber watching the giant wolf beast as she comforted herself in the corner of her cell with a slight rocking motion. The beasts eyes darted about the room, sensitive to every sound around it and even snarled and snapped at an infinitesimal cock-croach when as it scurried across the floor. He realized that her mind was gone, the torture of the rigorous testing had driven her mad and it was all his fault. If only he had more time and if she had been more resilient he might have been able to complete his work, allowing him to revert the process. He had hoped to give Alex the ability to move between forms like her sister, but where Sin's canine form was disappointing to say the least Alex would have been a god. Such a transformation would have set Alex apart from all of his creations, beautiful and powerful like an Egyptian deity and only he her Pharaoh would be able to lay his hand upon her.

He tore his eyes from the broken beast, now only a painful reminder of his failure, "I will miss you, Alex." he quietly muttered as he stared in the red flashing light that had been flickering for some time.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Planet-of-the-apes-6

"Father!" Called Dravesh as he bound into the room. "Why are you still here?" he asked noticing that the doctor was merely staring at the red flash of the alarm before him. "We have a breech, it is Sin and she has brought others with her. One of them is that traitorous dog, Zack. You should have let me kill that bastard years ago." he growled.

Still looking into the flashing red light as if hypnotized the Doctor scoffed, "He would have killed you then. Always know you limits my son." He then looked up at the vicious Chimpanzee-man, "Let us take our leave of this place, shall we?"

Drevash looked through the window at the beast. "What of the she-beast?" He hissed.

Bainbridge looked back once more and the maniacal creature. Drevash had always been jealous of the attention she had taken away from him and had patiently awaited his chance to destroy her. He could tell that he now felt was his opportunity and anxiously awaited to release the poison gas that choke the life out of her slowly and painfully but Doctor would have none of that. She deserved a better death for all that she had been through and it was with great satisfaction that he pressed the button that opened her door, releasing her into the complex.

Drevash's eyes widened with panic. "Father! What have you done?" he screamed as he watched the giant beast stride toward the exit.

The Doctor cast a crooked a smile. "Perhaps what I should have done long ago." He answered then quietly to the heavy glass window he whispered, "Go, Alex. Go and be with your sister. Tear her heart out for me." He then proceeded leave via a secret door in the chamber pausing only to nudge Drevash and break him out of his stupor, "Com'on boy, it's time for us leave."

Doctor Brainbridge and Drevash followed a passageway that lead them to a railway track upon which was a small motorized car that seated four. As they climbed into the small railway vehicle, the giant beast once known as Alex made her way down a long corridor that ended at the training area. Bainbridge started the motor, put the car in gear and it slowly built up speed propelling them down a dark tunnel that would take them far away from the facility. When they were at their top speed of 45 mph, the Doctor opened a panel on the dashboard, and flicked a switch arming a series of charges that lined the walls of tunnel behind them. He let a little more distance get between them and the explosives then hit the detonation button, destroying the escape route and preventing any access to it.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Lycanbeast2ye

The twelve foot tall wolf beast quickly made her way to the place she knew as the 'room of pain' and when she reached it, tore through the doors and began ripping all of the research personal still there to pieces. Even the test subjects were shown no mercy as Alex did not distinguish between friend and foe. She knew only to stop the pain within her and only the soothing taste of blood and the thrill of the kill dulled the fire in her brain for a short period.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Divide10

Pheyd furrowed his brows and folded his arms while watching the wolf girl's episode. 'A harsh memory?', he surmised while it ran it's course. When she seemed lucid once more and spoke of finding the 'training area' he crooked his head up toward the tall lion-man and awaited his decision.

Stasinus did not know what to make of this 'wolf-girl'. He found a creature that could change it's physical form from one state to another unnatural and repulsive. She and her giant sister frightened him and he felt that he and the synthecan would do well to avoid her, still she did offer them valuable information and the least they could do was help her get to this 'training area'. Looking down at Pheyd, he gave a slight nod and reluctantly he acknowledged the decision. Stasinus then looked to Sin, "We shall assist you in finding the training area, but we only want the Doctor. The affairs of your family are your own." he told her.

The started walking down the corridor, Pheyd leading the way and they had only traveled a shot way when the synthecan's heightened hearing picked up on a familiar sound that was far beyond the perception of even bestial senses. It was a low rumbling sound which to his knowledge was without a doubt an explosion and cave-in. He could make little sense of it and satisfied they were now danger from it continued on down the long hallway, his well trained eyes checking every corner, every step of the way for traps and alarms. The went through another set of doors and the corridor then had several doors lining it, each one with a small window through which could be seen test subjects or prisoners, which ever they couldn't tell.

Winding there way, through the aisles, guided by Sin's partial memories of the place they at last reached a large double doorway to the training area. Pheyd reached out to the open doors and found that they were locked, then straining his ears to pick up what may be occurring on the other side could pick up on the sounds of an enraged beast and the blood curdling screams of men and women as they were torn apart. The synthecan backed away from the door and cast Stasinus a worried look, "It is in there, Stas. The creature." he warned, then two wanderers moved to the sides of the doors and prepared to defend themselves if necessary.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11"Alex", SinTara whispered after hearing Pheyd's observation as to who or what was behind the training doors. She had to get inside, but she didn't have the strength to break the lock on the double doors, but they did.

Turning, she stands in front of Stasinus and Pheyd, her amber gaze focused on Stasinus. "I need your help, please. I know that you do not care for me, I saw the look of disgust when you looked upon me. I do not know why, but I do not blame you, just know that I nor my sister, asked to be created, nor did we ask to undergo the tortures we have had to suffer." She looks back at the doors, now hearing the commotion herself coming from inside.

"You and Pheyd are the only ones here right now. Zack, the man I was traveling with, I have come to realize that I can no longer trust him. He was once Dr. Bainbridge's right hand and helped create the beast that was once my sister. Please, Stasinus, one of you open the doors for me and allow me entry. I do not expect you to follow and you should barricade the doors once I enter. I must try to either help my sister or I must destroy her, all I ask is that you return to check and see if I am still alive. But, please, I must do this for her."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Talon headed away from Jeremiah and Dog then thought better of it. She didn't trust people, men in particular, but with her own weapons and ability to fight, she didn't think he'd pose much of a threat, besides, there was safety in numbers, wasn't there? So, she heads back to them, hoping that she's not going to regret this.

"Umm, Jeremiah, what do you say we travel together, at least until we part ways. I don't know what's up ahead, but common sense tells me that we may be safer if we travel together. What do you say?" She looks down at Dog, getting the feeling that he doesn't like her nor will he like her traveling with them.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:01 am

When Alex attempted to whisper through the door to the beast she said was her sister the lion-man pulled her away, thrusting the angry she-wolf away from the entrance. "Are you mad? He growled. "Do not provoke the beast." It seemed though that there would be no convincing the girl to abandon her mission, and when she pleaded with them to open the doorway Stasinus looked to the synthecan and left that decision up to him.

Pheyd, scowled for a moment while contemplating her request, then his curiousity got the better of him. He wanted to at least see this thing for himself, if only for a brief moment so decidedly stood before the doors and ran his hands over the cold, hard steel, inspecting them. Even with their combined strength, he doubted he and lion-man could pry the blast doors open. They were originally designed to hold back an explosive force that measured far greater than the force he or Stasinus could produce, and they were completely smooth with no hand holds anywhere.

Stasinus could see in his partner's subtle expression that there was no way beyond the doorway and had begun to head back the way they had come when Pheyd strolled over to the DNA coded lock and smashed it open with a single blow. He then began to extract the wiring and circuit boards which to him were obsolete technology and re-routed various mechanisms to override the motors that would open the doors.

"Be on guard." Pheyd advised, then he by-passed the lock and the doors slowly parted.

When the doors were fully open, all three cautiously stared in horror at the body parts strewn across the room. Sparks cascaded down from the high ceiling from busted lights, and every where they looked was blood and pieces of human bodies. There were giant bloodied foot prints everywhere but no sign of the vicious beast and as the lion-man and synthecan scanned the darkened training area they both concluded that it must have left since there was no where for creature that large to hide. Except one, that they both overlooked.

Taking the lead, Pheyd stepped onto a steel grate, and the sounds of his foot steps echoed into the deep well below. As the sound reverberated he knew where she was, and as the great was thrust upward, Pheyd managed to back flip well out of the way as the titanic monster burst from beneath the grate.

The creature roared and lunged at Pheyd with a sweeping claw and then a bite, both of which he expertly dodged, drawing her into the doorway where he quickly reached for the locking mechanism for the portal. Breaking the contact of the by-passed wires the doors quickly closed, crushing the giant wolf creature between them but the creature was hardly harmed, just trapped. She threw her arms out and pushed against the doors trying to free herself and as she struggled against the power of the doors, both the lion-man and the synthecan acted. Stasinus hit her low, tying up her legs, squeezing with all of his strength while Pheyd had leapt through her legs before his companion and in one tremendous leap reached the head of the creature and locked his arms around the wolf-beast's neck.

Enraged, the beast that was the sister of Sin, howled in pain as she attempted to force back the blast doors but proved difficult with her legs immobilized by the powerful lion-creature's crushing grip on them. She gnashed her teeth but any attempt to use her maw against Stasinus was rendered useless as Pheyd held fast to the creature's neck preventing her from lashing out.

"Sin!" Shouted Stasinus with a strained voice, "We cannot hold out for much longer. You have to kill her while she is prone!"

Despite not being able to use her legs, the powerful beast was beginning to force back the blast doors and once she could free her arms, the powerful mutant and synthetic man would no longer be able to hold her for fear of being seriously wounded. Stasinus did not know what Sin's intentions were, but regardless of her decision she had precious little time to execute it.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin unsheathed her blade and approached Alex, speaking soothingly to her, "Alex...Alex...shhhh, it's me, it's SinTara." Alex quieted for all of about 2 seconds then went wild, trying to get to Sin and rip her apart her red eyes glaring at her with a hate that was not natural. Sin tried again, "Alex, please, I love you. It's me, it's your sister, SinTara. C'mon Alex. Remember me." But, all Sin received was Alex becoming even more enraged as she tried to reach Sin with her razor sharp claws.

Tears streaming down Sin's face, she knew what she must do and hated herself for it. Stepping closer, she pulled the blade back, staring into Alex's eyes, "Forgive me, Alex." For a split second, Alex calmed and Sin heard a voice inside of her head, ~Please, sissy, end my torment.~ As Sin swung, Alex's eyes glowed red and as Sin's blade conncected with Alex's throat and sliced through, Alex swiped down with her massive paw, her claws ripping into Sin's shoulder. Sin spun with the impact as her sister's blood covered her from the gaping in Alex's throat. Sin had severed her jugular as well as her corotid artery. Blood sprayed onto Stasinus as the beast died.

Sin layed up against the wall, blood pouring from the gaping lacerations in her shoulder, tears streaming down her cheeks as she watched her sister die. "Forgive me."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 pm

Alex, the powerful wolf-beast threw back the mechanized doors in a fit of rage and leapt into the air screaming in pain, ramming Pheyd into the top of the door and breaking Stasinus' hold against her legs. Disoriented, the sythnecan fell to the floor while, the lion-man leapt back from the beast's lunging attack. Her powerful jaws snapped repeatedly as she staggered and fell, her life's blood pouring from her severed throat.

Stasinus, side stepped and the pain stricken creature had fell past him, sliding across the floor as it clung to life. The beast, Alex turned it's fierce red eyes upon her sister, her destroyer and knew then that the Doctor had been right all of these years. He told her that Sin would kill her, that Sin would betray her. He was the only one she could trust. He was her family!

Stasinus watched the wolf-beast as she struggled to rise, he body already weakened from loss of blood. Her muscles quivered with hate and anger, but shock was setting in and not even her heightened constitution could fight it's effects.

Pheyd joined the lion-man, rubbing the back of his head. He looked up to where his head had struck the door jam and could see a dent in the metal roughly the same, size and shape of his head. Stasinus, saw it too and offered a head shake of disbelief before returning his eyes to the dying beast. "A shame." He said to the synthecan.

Pheyd gave the lion-man a puzzled look. "A shame?" He pondered, "Such is the fate of all things made for war."

Stasinus could not argue his companion's logic, but he still felt for the creature. He had never felt such rage and despair in a single entity and it was a pity that she could only find solace in death. He sighed, then moved to where Sin was but Pheyd stopped him.

"What it is?" Asked Stasinus. He still could not properly sense the emotions of the sythnecan but his blue eyes were intense.

"Her heart rate." Pheyd whispered, "It is strengthening."

Stasinus turned toward the fallen beast and could feel her rage and hatred burning within her once more. "This cannot be?" the lion-man growled as he and Pheyd moved back into the training room away from the unnatural beast. He then looked to Sin who was on the other side of the regenerating monster, cut off from the training room, but she had the corridor from where they had come. "Sin, she is not dieing!" he roared.

Alex began to stir. Blood yet ebbed from her wound but the flow had lessened and the pain had began to subside. She could feel heat in her finger tips and her strength was returning. Doctor Bainbridge had made her well, no mere wound was going to take her life! Her glowing red eyes focused on Sin and the wolf-beast let out a blood curdling howl as she forced her body up, crouching in the cramped space of the ten foot high hallway. Alex coughed up a wad of clotted blood and gnashed her teeth. Her arm slowly rose toward Sin, and the she pointed a single clawed finger at her in an accusing manner. "Sssssssiiiiiiinnnnnn." She hissed in a guttural voice that could no longer speak.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Caspian-werewolf-artwork
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin looked up at Alex and saw her regaining strength, rising, pointing a long claw at her. "Alex....Alex, listen to me. I don't want to hurt you, I don't want to kill you. You are my sister, I love you. Please, Alex, listen to me, don't make me do this." Sin pulled herself up, standing, her shoulder burning, blood dripping off of her fingertips.

She saw Pheyd and Stasinus standing on the other side of Alex at the doors to the training room, and looked at them, "Go, I will lead her away and try to slow her down. Please don't close the doors until you have to for I will try to return." She gives them both a shaky smile.

Sin undresses as quickly as her wound will allow and then shifts to her wolf form, a beautiful black, silver tipped wolf standing where Sin once stood. She darted at Alex's legs, nipping at them, getting her to chase her, but her wound slows her down and she feels Alex's claw rake across her back haunch. She is out of sight of Pheyd and Stasinus and they would hear her yelp of pain.

Turning, she runs straight for Alex, leaping at her face, her sharp teeth taking out one eye. Alex howls in pain, knocking Sin into the wall. While she paws at her now sightless eye, Sin struggles to rise. Getting to her feet, she runs as fast as she can towards the training room and sees Pheyd and Stasinus standing in the doorway. She hears Alex coming and turns once again, running back towards her sister.

She leaps again, but Alex is expecting it this time and blocks Sin's attempt at taking out her other eye, knocking her back to the floor. Sin slams into the floor as she slides down the hallway on her side, stopping next to where she'd left her clothes. The she-wolf slowly rises, running back to the beast and runs behind her using the fact that she can't see on her left side to her advantage. She takes out Alex's achilles tendon at her left heel, running back to the front of her. Alex screams in rage and pain, going down again.

Sin runs for the doors, her movements sluggish. She picks up her clothes in her mouth, looks over to see Alex crawling towards her, snarling and gnashing her teeth. Turning, she limps into the training room and collapses up against a wall, dropping her clothes next to her. She shifts back to her human form and slowly begins to dress, grimacing in pain, blood dripping from her wounds.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:43 am

While, Sin in her wolf form evaded her monstrous sister, the lion man and synthecan struggled to reseal the heavy iron doors to the training room. The two doors were sychronus and the moving one effected the other, but one of the sliding doors had been knocked slightly off of its track by the wolf-beast. Working together they used all of their strength to pull the large, reinforced steel door across the floor. It screeched loudly as the metal grinded into the concrete but they were successfully forcing the doors closed, then just when they were three feet short of closure, Sin leapt through the narrow opening.

Pheyd raised a brow when he so the wolf return and he being the one on the outside of the door turned to see the enormous creature, hobbling towards them. The silent synthecan threw Stasinus a perturbed stare that said everything he was feeling at that moment and continued to force the door closed even though he would be trapped on the other side with the beast.

Stasinus, however, would not allow the synthecan to make such a sacrifice and reaching out with his large hand pulled Pheyd through the opening and dug his claws into the metal grooves of both doors. The wolf-beast was nearly upon him and with one tremendous pull the lion-man single handed moved the giant blast doors, slamming them closed. The creature slammed into the gateway as it magnetically sealed itself and all they could hear then was a muffled pounding on the other side.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Caspian-werewolf-artwork

Pheyd's back had remained to Stasinus as he sealed the door, his radiant blue eyes focused on Sin as she slowly put on her clothes. "You were supposed to draw her away?" He hissed, then quickly composing himself began to formulate a plan. "Well, since you decided to lure your sister back here, perhaps you might be of some use. Is there another way around these doors that the beast could use to get into this section?"

Stasinus back away from the doors and stood at Pheyd's side. "Are you sure the doors will hold her?" he asked.

"As strong as she is, she'll not be able to penetrate the blast doors." Pheyd answered confidently.

The lion-man was content with the knowledge. "So where to now?"

"Well that depends on Sin here." Replied Pheyd, then he questioned the woman, "Can you lead us out of here?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin couldn't believe what she was hearing. Did Pheyd not see her wounds? Or her blood? Lead her away, he had said. Did they want her dead like they did her sister?

"Sorry, Pheyd. I didn't realize that it was so important for me to die. I will try harder to accomodate you the next time." She said sarcastically, but the hurt at what he had said showed in her amber eyes. She walked over to where the blast had happened, looking at the rubble, trying to remember things.

Then she remembered the hidden door her and Alex had found by accident one day. Now if she could remember where it was.

Walking along the wall, she dripped blood while she moved but paid no attenion to it. It would just blend in with the rest of the blood and body parts that littered the area. She ran her hands along the smooth walls, leaving bloody tracks, trying to remember. Her head began to ache when she saw it and remembered.

~It had been a grueling training session for them both and Sin knew she would be punished for not being fast enough. She shivered when she remembered the last punishment just a few days before. "It'll be okay, Sin. I'll do what I can to have father go easy this time. You haven't healed from the last beating yet, so how could he expect you to do well today?" Sin looked at her older sister and smiled, "You know it won't matter to him, Alex."

They had been left along for the trainer had been so disgusted with SinTara that he had stormed out of the training room to collect the doctor. Alex walked around the room, more like paced when grabbed hold of a torch like cone on the south wall. It pulled down and a piece of the wall next to opened.~

Sin gripped her head as the sharp pain shot through it, dropping her to her knees. "South wall, there is a torch like cone protruding from the wall. Pull it down and the wall should open."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:10 am

Even though Pheyd was well aware of what irony meant and could even use it, he had difficulty detecting it's tone in conversation. Sin's scornful remark had meant little to him and offered no response, instead he remained stolid awaiting for her to answer his question despite her suffering. As she struggled to move he curiously observed the pain that rushed across her face, 'could she not heal as her sister?', he pondered. Apparently this lycanthrope regenerated much slower, if at all but Pheyd cared little either way since she might very well be his enemy in this battle. 'Trust none save your fellow soldier', was the motto he lived by and this woman had yet to prove herself worthy of such designation.

Stasinus too, had been under the impression that the wolf-woman would regenerate like her sister but she didn't seem to be displaying the same resilience. He watched her stagger along the wall, stepping over and around the bloody remains of Alex's rampage, until she fell to her knees and pointing to the south wall and telling them about a secret lever that would open a concealed doorway.

Pheyd quickly followed her directions and pulled he conical shaped object. There was a muffled sound of clanging metal, then grinding gears behind the wall as portion of it swung open revealing an ascending stairway of rusted grated metal. "Stasinus." called the synthecan as he cautiously proceeded through the secret portal and onto the stairway. "Let's go."

"What of the woman?" Inquired Stasinus, "I do not believe that she can heal as her sister."

Reluctantly, Pheyd stepped back into the training room and stared coldly at Sin. Behind his blue eyes raced a multitude of scenarios and solutions to this hinderance but in the end he yielded to the lion-man's concerned expression and marched over to the injured woman. As he drew near he reached into his coat and produced a black bag which he began to unzip and procure bandages, anti-septic and other medical equipment. "This will probably hurt." he told her and began to apply field dressings to her injuries and those wounds that were most severe, stitched them up with such speed and precision the likes of which that neither Stasinus or Sin had ever seen before. After he was done, Stasinus offered the woman some water then they all went up the stairway, Pheyd leading the way while Sin was in the middle of him and the lion-man at the rear.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin grits her teeth and bares the stinging of the antiseptic, then the pain of the stitching that Pheyd subjected her to. She didn't trust either one of them any more than they trusted her and would watch them carefully. But, right now, staying together seemed the best option and thanks to Stasinus, she didn't get left behind.

She couldn't remember where the stairs led to, but anywhere was better than where they'd been. She walked in between the two of them, almost feeling like a prisoner and was becoming increasingly more and more uncomfortable with her position as this was usually how she was taken to the punishment room, walking in between two guards. She breathed deeply a few times, trying to calm her heartrate, which was becoming eratic.

She didn't know why Stasinus didn't leave with Pheyd and leave her in the training room, but she was glad that they didn't. "So, any idea how we're going to kill Alex? It's clear to me now that she's no longer my sister and must be destroyed but she was always able to heal quickly and apparantly Dr. Bainbridge has speeded up that process so that she can now heal at double her normal rate. That was his biggest disappointment in me, not being able to heal like Alex. But, that's neither here nor there. She has to be killed and I am asking for your help, for it's clear that I cannot do it alone."

She walked on, in between them, wondering if she was on her own in this or if they would help her kill her own sister.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:49 am

The trio slowly made their way up the dark staircase, all them possessing some form of night vision allow them to navigate through the black without a betraying light source. The corridor was narrow and the ceiling low, forcing the giant lion-man to climb on all fours most of the time. He was able to stand only when the stairway turned sharply to their right, which it did several times as they wound their way upward.

When Sin had implored the two for help in slaying her sister, Pheyd looked over his shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "Why should we risk our lives to assist you in slaying this beast?" He stated, "This stairwell is too small for her to navigate and when she escapes the facility, because it's only a matter of time, she will then be the problem of the people of Perdition. Not ours."

"Unlike my companion I am not entirely without feeling for the Humans that might suffer at the claws of your sister." Added Stasinus in his low, raspy voice, "I do, however, have to agree that she is longer our problem and I advise you to forget about her. Leave her to the wild, Sin and let us be on our way. If you wish to take stand against her, you shall do so alone."

As they continued up the stairway, they at last hit a landing that ended in a door marked with an old sign that read 'Danger High Voltage. Protective Wear Required'. Pheyd merely cast a half smile at the warning and kicked the door open, entering the old power plant area that regulated the electricity produced by the turbines they passed when they first entered the facility. It was plain to see that nothing had been touched in years, but there was a slight path through the layer of dust that someone had used recently. The tracks followed the corridor that ran straight through the rows of transformers and ended at another stairway that lead up to a landing. At the top sunlight beamed through a dirty window in an unlocked door that when opened lead outside into the bright day. Stretched out before them was the top of an ancient dam, that to their left was still holding back a low reservoir of deep dark water. They now had two choices, go back they way they came or proceed forward across the dam, the destination of which was another door and beside that a metal ladder going down the right side of the tall dam.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11SinTara looked out over the dam, thinking about what Stasinus had said regarding her sister. She knew that she couldn't defeat her by herself and neither he nor Pheyd were going to give her any help. Looking down at her wounds and bruises, she knew that she was in no shape right now to pursue her anyway. She didn't heal like Alex could, she never did. What would take Alex a few hours to one day to heal would take Sin up to 3-4 days.

"Before we go any further or decide what it is we are doing, I need to know something. First off," she turns to Stasinus, "What is it about me that you do not like nor feel comfortable with? I can tell that you don't care for me much, even though you didn't leave me behind, which I greatly appreciate. But, I would like to know. Second, will you allow me to travel with the two of you or shall we part ways now?" She looked to Pheyd then, "And, I would thank you for caring for my wounds. I will be completely healed within a few days."

She turned back to the dam, weighing her options. Everything depended on what these two decided as far as her own decisions were concerned. She didn't trust Pheyd in the least, but Stasinus, he was different. He at least, had feelings.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:41 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Dam_view

They proceeded round the curved dam, approaching a small building on the other side, in which they all assumed would be another stairway leading down into the structure, but then again they may have to find an alternative way down. Still, any inconveniences along the way were hardly seen as such so long as they were safe from the monstrous wolf-beast. Midway across the dam, Sin had stopped and spoke her mind, apparently unable to hold her tongue any longer and reluctantly her two traveling companions stopped and turned to listen.

When she had finished her little diatribe, Pheyd has simply acknowledged her thanks for his medical care with a nod then looked questioningly at the large lion-man who had settled his massive frame on the edge of the dam.

Even when leaning against the edge of the walkway's low wall, Stasinus still looked down on the woman, noticeably irritated. He folded his powerful arms and settled his orange eyes upon her while choosing his words carefully since he did not want to offend her but not because he was considering her feelings but rather his own hyper sensitivity to emotions. A misplaced connotation would very well, set her off and cause him to endure an even more intense flood of her passionate feelings that for the last while had hardly seemed to wane. It was the reason he had decided to travel with the synthecan, as he was the first being he had ever met who did not effect his empathic sense, not that he expected people to be so void of emotion, it was just that he enjoyed the company of a disciplined mind. Sin on the other hand was quite the opposite, and though he had no qualms with her personally, he had difficulty drowning out her vehement waves of anger and sadness.

After some thought he had last figured a way to easily to depict his ability to her. He looked around him and found a very small rock, which he picked up and tossed it far away down the pathway. As the tiny pebble struck the concrete his sensitive hearing could still make out the sound and pinpoint its location, and he knew that Sin would as well be able to hear the sound of the falling speck. "A human would not have heard the fall of the pebble, yet you could." He began to explain, "Your ears are more sensitive and thus, were you to encounter loud sounds you might consider abandoning such a place. Would you not?"

Pheyd smiled ever so slightly and nodded his head, impressed by the lion-man's simplistic yet effective way of describing his empathy. Since their encounter with the wolf-woman, Sin, he had observed a tenseness in his companion and only did it become apparent what was causing it.

"Your emotions, " Stasinus continued to explain, "Are like a cacophony of loud instruments playing out of tune for me and unfortunately I cannot place my hands over my ears to drown out the sounds. Feelings of hate, rage and sadness pain me the most and unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make me feel 'comfortable', anymore that you can shut off your emotions." The lion-man stood up and began to carry on down that path. "You would do well, Sin not to concern yourself with my 'feelings' and perhaps be more conscientious of your own." He then turned his benevolent face to her once more, speaking softly. "To put your mind at ease, neither Pheyd nor myself will harm you. You are welcome to travel with us for I feel that we may be leaving this facility since we know not how to locate this Bainbridge, and your sister's rampage is already exacting justice on this cursed place."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11SinTara listend to Stasinus explain about his empathy and how her emotions affected him. For some reason, this pained her. She did not like to cause anyone pain or discomfort, having suffered her own share of those things for most of her life.

She remembered a fellow hybrid from the labs being able to sense emotions and he would have a difficult time when training with her as she usually wore her heart on her sleeve, so to speak. Another attribute the doctor hated about his creation. The jaguar hybrid, known by the name of Fang, had taught her how to block her emotions from him so that he could train and not be punished along with her. She had forgotten about that time until now.

Laying a small hand on his massive arm, Sin's amber gaze looked up into his golden one. "Stasinus, I am sorry that my feelings cause you discomfort and I will do what I can to block them from you. I think that once I come to grips with what has been done to my sister, I will begin to heal emotionally. Until then, I will block as much as I can to ease your discomfort. As for being conscientious of my own feelings, I am not sure what that means, but trust me, I know what my feelings are and that I must deal with them and soon, if I am to survive here."

She waits for him or Pheyd to lead the way and while she waits, she concentrates on building a block around her emotions to give Stasinus some peace while she travels with them. She imagines a thick, metal wall surrounding her, keeping her emotions at bay and within her, instead of bleeding out for Stasinus to feel. She doesn't know how well this will work as it has been some time since she's had to practice this, but she is hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 am

The trio marches round to the other side of the dam and find the building to be nothing more than rotted out, dilapidated ruin but beyond it they find a road way that descends through the mountains. It is apparent that it once served as a roadway for vehicles but over the centuries, much of it has crumbled away and at many areas there is only a narrow path, passible only by someone on foot.

It seems they have little choice but to progress down the wrecked roadway and so they proceed, taking note that they have only three hours of daylight left and should make camp before the setting of the sun.

As they make their way down the rocky mountain path, Stasinus isn't sure what Sin has been concentrating on, but whatever it is seemed to be diverting a lot of her attention and consequently clearing her head of the chaotic emotions that so irritate his senses. Naturally he could feel her residual emotions, but everyone exhibited those and the lion-man had learned to tolerate such trivial feelings.

As usual, Pheyd lead the way, his electric blue eyes ever watching, his ears trained on the slightest of sounds. He was yet unaware of all the perils of his new world and so he remained cautious.

After several hours they reached the foot hills of the mountains, where Pheyd pointed out a structure in the distance which he believed would make a fair shelter. After few more minutes of hiking they found that the building was in fact an ancient travel trailer, partially buried in the sand. Pheyd, found the door, brushed away the sand and pried it open. He stepped inside, looked about then emerged and told Sin and Stasinus that everything seemed to check out and that this would be a good place to bed down for the night.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Sin11Sin was thankful when Pheyd came back out of the shelter and said that all was fine inside. She was exhausted, sore, and her head ached from blocking her strong emotions from Stasinus. A few of her wounds had begun seeping, but she ignored them.

Following Stasinus and Pheyd inside, she looked around, realizing that this was one of those traveling homes she'd heard about when she lived in the lab. Seeing the couch-like bench, she sank into it, rubbing her temples. She was quiet, had been for the last several hours, not complaining even though Stasinus would figure that her wounds pained her. Yet, she was able to block the feeling of pain as well as her emotion.

Sitting there, rubbing her temples, she laid her head back on the back of the cushion, closing her eyes. "What now?", she whispered to the two males. "I can shift and go hunting if you'd like. I don't know how successful I'd be, but I can give it a try. Up to you."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:27 am

The synthecan stood in the doorway of the trailer, his pale skin bathed in the red glow of the setting sun. He and the crouching lion-man had been whispering amongst themselves, their voices hushed to a volume that would be inaudible to all creatures with hearing as sharp as their own. What they were speaking of Sin could not be sure, but she noticed that Pheyd had a few times looked out the open doorway as if he had seen something.

When Sin had offered to hunt, both the lion-man and synthecan turned toward her with curious eyes, reminding her of her current condition, which for some reason seemed to concern them at this point and time as opposed to earlier. Pheyd's bright blue eyes, almost luminescent in the warm light of dusk fell upon her and that creepy smile curled the corner of his mouth, then he was gone out the doorway.

Stasinus, reached into his pack and produced a lantern which he lit before he closed the door. The windows were covered by sand allowing no natural light into the trailer which meant that their night vision which relied on at least some ultraviolet radiation would be useless. He placed the lantern on the counter top and keeping the flame low allowed both of them to see their surroundings very well, as if a much brighter light source were shining before their bestial eyes.

The lion man then awkwardly made his way over to Sin and sat beside her on the floor. So large was he, that he made most people feel like children in comparison. He reached back into his satchel that when viewed up close was far larger than it appeared next to the giant's body, and pulled out a tasty smelling package bundled in cloth. Stasinus methodically unwrapped it, and revealed a wad of dried meet which he shared with the wolf-girl, then offered her a canteen of water to wash the spiced meat down.

"Chew slowly." Stasinus told her, as Sin wolfed down her food. "Just because we resemble animals, we do not have to act like them." he advised then smiled warmly to let her know that he was not being as serious as she might perceive.

The lion-man took a chew and took note of the girl massaging her temples to relieve the tension that had built up over the course of their travels. "You're doing it wrong." He mentioned. "You are attempting to control your emotions by focusing on something else. This is not the way, you will only give yourself a head-ache, as I can clearly see you are experiencing at this moment." Stasinus smiled then continued, "Besides I can still sense your emotions, an empath such as myself always will." he raised his arm and pointed his index finger to the ceiling, "The key is to control your emotions, not try and stifle them with mind blocking techniques, believe me Sin, they never work... not really. We are all emotionally beings, even Pheyd but he is different, he's not really a man."

Stasinus poured some water over a cloth and handed to Sin. He motioned to her to place it on her head while he went on to describe the strange pale skinned man in more depth. "His mind is different from ours and he doesn't require as much nourishment as we do. He is a synthecan, a manufactured person made of synthetic flesh over a powerful body of organic plastics." The lion-man paused then to make sure that Sin was understanding most of what he was telling her. He had grown, with access to libraries of information which is why he was so articulate, but he was not sure whether or not the wolf-girl had such an education.

"Pheyd, has descended from the stars after a long a journey. The last time he was here, the world was different, still whole and none of our kind existed. As far as he knows he is the last of his kind and he had entered that facility in search of other synthecans. For some reason he is compelled to find others like him." Stasinus explained. Then he went on to explain why he had left the trailer, "Pheyd said that he could sense something outside and has gone to investigate."

Sin's eyes grew large, and Stasinus immediately realized that she assumed the giant wolf-beast, Alex was lurking around. "It's not your sister." He clarified with a soothing voice, "It is something else." Then after he warmly smied and chuckled to himself. "I have never been around anything that was more of a monster than myself, and I must say it is a little refreshing."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next