Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Empty
PostSubject: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 AlucardDemon

Zack walked steadily towards Dravesh who was still watching Lyand intently not even noticing the movements of his quarry Zack opened his coat hoping to find a throwing knife but found none remembering he had left the last one behind. His last knife in his belt was not balanced for throwing he gave a grimace as he wondered what to do slowly walking forward his foot steps not making a noise the Jackal gave a silent yawn as it looked to Zack. They both had seen the glow in Kaelan’s eyes when they had appeared Zack could feel anger and fury brewing at the bottom of his stomach, he had to save her it wasn’t ‘if’ he just had to. His eyes dulling his hands twitching the dull pain in his shoulder was expanding even he could feel it the claws of Kade upon his neck it continued till it reached his eye a black tendril of unknown matter scratching his skin cutting it like butter till it clawed its way to the lower part of the eye. It seemed to crawl over the eyelid under the eye he stopped suddenly wanting to panic as suddenly he couldn’t see out of his left eye the expanding stopped once he came from his state of wanting to kill Dravesh.

“Why don’t we stop him the old fashioned way?” the voice echoing inside his head Zack lifted his hand to his left eye nothing could be seen he carefully prodded at the slash marks on his face slipping through the black tendril like it was nothing. “What would you suggest.” He thought to open space Kade using his mind as communication snatched the message relaying his own. “Why not throw the claymore it’s more balanced than any of your knives were, after all your knives were made by humans.” Zack pulled the sword from its sheath testing the weapons edge on his thumb finding it was satisfactory as it easily cut down into his thumb. He drew back the sword ready to throw it he watched as the razor wire was yanked into Kaelan’s throat Zack felt the fury blow energy surging through him but he couldn’t move in the moment the black matter feeding on this fury expanded to his brain and most of his left side of his face the eye covered was a ruby of blood floating in a sea of black as it took over Zack mad with frustration continued to want to kill Dravesh the black expanding further the Jakal gave a laugh as it moved Zack forward unable to stop it. “I’ll throw this for you.” Zack screamed in agony Darvesh turning seeing Zack holding the sword in his right hand poised to throw like a javelin his left hand bleeding as his fingernails dug into the palm as agony shot through his body.

Last edited by Tiphereth on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Planet-of-the-apes-6

Dravesh folded his arms and watched the titanic struggle, sneering contemptuously at the classic battle between fire and ice before him. 'How long could they last?', he pondered, neither of the powerful men letting up. The larger red man continued to bash his opponent with his shield, at one point driving him through a small stone structure. The blue man un-phased, his red eyes ablaze returned the attack with a vicious swing of his heavy blade. Sparks sprayed from the shield as he drove the other back and they continued once more from where they had started, neither letting up.

The ape-man stared down the slackened razor wire and grinned maliciously at the woman who was so like Sin. "Your friend is weakening." he taunted, "Soon he will fall then all that is left to deal with is that whelp, Zack."

It was then that the ape-man finally saw the tall man that had been obscured by Kaelen's form. Furiously he tugged on her bladed leash just hard enough to force her to stumble toward her in order to prevent the razors from digging into her flesh. Then safely behind the woman whom Zack would not risk harming, Dravesh smiled sinisterly.

"I didn't see you there, Zack." he jeered, "Not exactly your style, stabbing a man in the back now is it? But this is better now is it not? Gives us a chance to chat a bit."

As soon as Dravesh even saw Zack's hand waver, he tightened the wire, just enough to make Kaelen whimper in pain. "Do it, Zack!" he challenged, "Do it, and I'll tear her head off before that sword leaves your hand!"

The four guards that had been accompanying Dravesh readied their electrically charged spears and began to form a semi-circle in front of the swordsman.

"What are you going to do now, Zack?" Tormented the ape-man as he crouched behind the small woman not offering enough of a target to ensure that she would not be struck by the large sword, "I'll tell you what, drop your sword and submit to me and I give my word that this sorry excuse for your lost love will be set free after the doctor is done with her. How does that sound, hmmm?"

Dravesh grabbed a fist full of Kaelen's thick dark hair and yanked her face toward his. Grinning, he ran his foul, rough tongue across her face and laughed.

"KNEEL ZACK! KNEEL and do not fight back!"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Be_car10Kaelan whimpered when Dravesh tightened the collar, the razor blades creating more deep cuts in her throat. Her eyes closed against the pain, opening after a few minutes and staring into Zack's eyes before looking at the jackal's head. She assumed that this was Kade and gave him a shaky smile before her hair was grabbed by Dravesh. She heard Dravesh promise to set her free once the doctor was done with her. This, she knew to be a lie for the only freedom she would receive from Dravesh would be in her death. She whimpered again as his foul tongue swept across the side of her face. It told exactly what was in store for her.

When Dravesh yelled at Zack to kneel, she began to shake her head no, causing the razor blades to again slice into her neck.

"No, Zack, do not. Do not give him the satisfaction."

She let out a cry of pain when Dravesh yanked on the leash, blood now flowing freely from the cuts around her neck. She was still in front of Dravesh, a shield for him.

"What's the matter, Dravesh? Can't fight Zack one on one. You have to hide behind a small woman? You are pathetic. You'd never be a match for Zack and you know it."

The whole time she spoke to Dravesh, her blue gaze never left Zack's or Kade's jackal eyes. She kept looking back and forth between them. She felt his hand tighten in her hair, her head beginning to bend back, opening the deep cuts in the front of her throat. His voice was more growl than anything when he told her to shut up.

"Kill him, Zack. Don't let him take me back."

Her voice was barely audible with her head pulled back.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 am

Dravesh gnashed his teeth and squeezed the back of Kaelen's small neck with his powerful hand. "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" he roared.

How he wanted to twist the head off of her shoulders. His hand trembled as he fought the temptation for he knew his father would be displeased if he damaged this prize anymore. Already the cuts he had inflicted would annoy the doctor, but at least he would deliver her alive which was so much better than the alternative, although not entirely necessary.

Dravesh scowled at Zack, a maniacal look possessing him. "I can beat you! You don't frighten me you schizophrenic freak!" he screamed, then paused to catch his breath, calming himself as he realized that his temper was getting the better of him. The voice of his father saying, "We are not animals", echoed in his mind, and the ape-man struggled to regain his composure. Kaelen's antagonizing remarks had struck a cord, but the ape-man was still able to control his anger, but just how much he could stand was debatable. Already the woman could feel his body shaking with rage.

"Yes, Zack, my father told me about your sickness of the mind, babbling to yourself like some addle brained freak. Know that I will kill you, but first you are going to relinquish your sword and kneel before me. You will take the beating you deserve, then.... then we'll settle this. In the end you will beg me to end your miserable life."

As Dravesh awaited the tall swordsman to comply the sound of shouting voices came to their ears. It did not emanate from the commotion of the two brothers battling before Bloodhand's fortress, but from behind Zack.

The raiders had broken through the bastion! As they spread through-out Sanguine Valley, a few warriors found the alley of their stand off and sought to kill the soldiers before Zack. The three men, charged, brandishing their blades seeking to cut down everyone in their path, even the tall man whose back remained to them.

"No! They will not steal this away from me!" Swore Dravesh, "Kill them!" he ordered the guards and they proceeded to move past Zack and battle the three rag-tag warriors.

Dravesh, squeezed the back of Kaelen's neck with his hand just enough to make her growl in pain once more.

"Don't move Zack," he ordered, "or I'll snap her neck like a hunk of old wood! Leave that motley lot to the soldiers and when they're done with them, they can start on you."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Zack looked around himself fighting the temptation to drop his sword he looked down at the hand he turned the blade over in his grip a million tiny runes piled across the crosspiece of his sword he looked up to Kaelan. Zack looked to his left to Kade who had stopped trying to eat Zack’s body with his dark tendrils the two conversed in mind Zack’s eyes seeming to be blank as he thought through scenarios ignoring the words of Dravesh. His smile grew wider as frustration began to tear at Dravesh finally a blanket of ice fell over Zack’s eyes Kade gave a grin as he read the memory plan between them. “This could work.” Zack seemed to bore straight through Kaelan only to stare at Dravesh. “Stop moving and just freeze like a statue.” Both Dravesh and Kaelan stopped moving as he found his cover stationary as Kaelan listened.

The ice look replaced to a sorrowful protective look almost pleading as the guards walked past him. “Kaelan do you trust me with your life?” His eye locked to hers Kade was licking his lips seeming to be in anticipation to the outcome. "Do we really need her answer, your gonna act without her permission anyway."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Be_car10Kaelan's growl turned into a painful whimper as Dravesh squeezed the back of her neck. She could see Zack and Kade, Zack's eyes almost blank. Except when they looked at her, then she would see something flicker.

"Do you trust me with your life?"

When he asked her that, Kaelan knew instantly that she did.

"I trust you with my life. Both of you. But not at the risk to your own."

She heard Dravesh chuckle evilly behind her, squeezing her neck again. Pain filled her eyes as one of his fingers dug into a deep cut in the back of her neck. One tear rolled down her cheek as her blue eyes bore into Zack's then turned to Kade's eyes.

"Don't risk yourself, either of you."

Her voice was barely a whisper but Zack and Kade had heard her as well as Dravesh. She still didn't realize just what Kade was and that he would do his best to keep Zack alive.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Zack stood in the middle of the alley, twice the width of his arm span and Dravesh at its mouth, over looking the fortress of Lord Bloodhand since they resided atop a higher ridge of rock. Behind the ape man was a gradual decline, and the alley which enclosed Zack was a narrow corridor between the fuselage of some massive airplane and some crude stone structures to his left, which might have been shops. Closest to him was an aluminum door set into a wooden frame and throughout the alley were some empty barrels and debris that had become a permanent part of the landscape.

Dravesh savored the woman's anguish. She could feel his hot breath on the back of her neck as he continued to hold her before him, a human shield staying the hand of the demonic warrior.

"How touching." he whispered in her ear, "Oh, how I am going to enjoy twisting my sword through his innards, then your turn will come after my good father is done with you."

His baleful glare, glinted red beneath the red moon as one of his eyes peeked out from behind the woman, focusing on Zack, while behind the tall warrior the guards were making short work of the three invaders. The trained soldiers knew how to fight as a team and overwhelmed the barbaric fighters through simple divide and conquer. One fell instantly and the other two would quickly follow, then they would resume what they were about to start with the tall swordsman.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:02 am

Zack closed his eyes falling into darkness but found he floated upon it. He tried to sink but was unable to looking to his body he saw thin tendrils connecting him to the sky of this dark world preventing him from sinking into the abyss. “You cannot close your eyes I cannot see that razor wire in black and white so you must throw the blade.” Zack gave a sigh as he pulled himself back to conscious he pulled the sword into a javelin position his eyes emotionless and cold a snarl of a grin on his face as he brought the sword forward to Dravesh’s amazement the sword flying at the same speed as a crossbow bolt would hard to keep track of he ducked behind her hoping to hide from the blade he suddenly felt a searing pain in his back confused.

What had happened was as Zack had thrown the blade with the demon’s help. It had flown quicker than it would if he had thrown it alone, Kaelan saw the blade she almost thought it would be slicing through her neck but it licked at the razor wire with deadly accuracy pinging the wire off her throat free to breath and move she was about to fall forward when the rotation of the sword made the crosspiece catch on her shoulder for a second she thought the sword would swing back and cut her in half but Dravesh was behind her the blade rotating on her shoulder on the crosspiece. The sword came down on Dravesh’s back Zack had already moved in once the sword had left his hand running up he pushed Kaelan under his arm one arm holding her. His knife seeming to fall from his sleeve into his hand he stabbed the blade into the stomach of Dravesh who tried to rear away from the tall man looking into Zack’s eyes it was not a cold pit he found but a burning hell of fury bound only by a single chain he gave a whimper at the eyes but gave a scream as Kade bit into his shoulder blood spewing from the wound, the pair lifted him up bringing Dravesh to eye level with Zack. “Is the air too thin for you up here?” seeing Dravesh gasping for air as his knife had moved up cutting the muscles which allowed the lungs to expand and collapse a huge sneer across his lips a carnivorous grin thinking what to do with his prey, toy with it further or kill it?

The guards had killed the last of the raiders turning to find that the situation had fully turned to Zack's advantage he had the girl, Dravesh's life and worse yet they had seen how he had fighted down by the gate the guards looked to each other measuring thier chances agaisnt such a monster that Zack was.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:36 am

Dravesh's eyes burned with rage and agony as Zack hefted his impaled frame into the air until their eyes met. The ape-man could not even be sure what had happened. There was the flash of the claymore cutting through his razor wire bond, then the rotating blade had caught the back of his armoured vest throwing him off balance. He had instinctively reached for his sword but even as it had cleared the sheath the tall warrior had covered the distance between them in the blink of an eye it seemed. There was nothing he could do. No defense that the skilled and powerful fighter could make to save him from Zack's blade. The knife pierced his metal breast plate and he could feel and hear the sickly sound of his abdomen tearing.

Dravesh did not scream, he would not give Zack the satisfaction. He barred his teeth and growled, fueling the fury within him until a renewed strength rushed through his body and ignited his muscles. Doctor Bainbridge, despite his terrible judgement in who he bestowed his genetically designed gifts upon, did in fact grace one loyal creature with the enhancements that all others had sought to turn against him. The ape-man, who called him father, had reaped the benefits of the trials conducted upon creatures like Sin and Kaelen and it was now time to unleash them.

The ape-man spat a wad of blood at his would be slayer and gnashed his red stained teeth. His powerful body convulsed and flexed as he threw his legs forward, driving them hard into Zack's chest, the force of the blow wrenching his abdomen from the knife and hurling him backward. Blood flowed from his wound, a crimson trail erupted into the air as the ape-man pushed himself away and to ensure that his opponent did not readily pursue he simultaneously swung his heavy scimitar at Zack's torso.

The pain was excruciating but Dravesh knew he would heal. The regenerative powers the doctor had graced the abomination, Alex with had also been gifted to him and the intense pain of every operation that challenged his very will to live numbed him to pain.

"DIE!" Roared Dravesh as he hovered back and away from Zack, the vicious swing of his sword defending his retreat. He would not fall so easily nor would he be denied his prize. Even before his feet touched the ground he could see that part of the razor wire collar yet remained around Kaelen's bloody throat, just one merciless yank would finish her, but first he had to deal with Zack.

The soldier's moral returned when they saw Dravesh fight back against impossible odds and readied their spears. They no longer feared that they would have to battle the tall warrior and focused on the small woman instead. Well trained and wary of her strength, the four soldiers banded together in an attack and defense formation. One defending with the long spear and the other thrusting from behind alternating their strikes with the other so that their opponent faced a constant barrage of stabbing attacks. The four men formed a line in the narrow alley, approaching like some vicious machine, their long electrical spears moving in and out like sparking snakes.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Be_car10Kaelan lay there, blood dripping from her neck, part of the collar still inbedded into her throat. Before she knew what was happening, she saw Dravesh get out of Zack's grasp and land on the ground, looking over at her and grinning. Reaching up, she began to try to pry the rest of the collar out of her neck and had all but one razor located in the far left side of her neck out when she saw the four soldiers returning from their short battle. They were paying attention to her and she automatically knew that she was in trouble. She was weak from blood loss and didn't know if she had the strength to call upon her tiger again. She began to stand and looked around for a blade as she'd lost hers back on the battle field. She found a short dagger and just when she had it in her hand she felt the first jab in her upper thigh. A cry escaped her lips as she stumbled back.

She looked up at the burly men and barely made it out of the way of another jab with one spear when another was thrust out and caught her in her side, then another in her shoulder...her calf....her other thigh. She would move out of the way of one only to have another thrust at her and catch her. She dug down deep, calling on the dna of the fox to be able to move swiftly and was able to do so, but only for a short time....as in minutes. She looked for Zack as another spear caught her in the back, a whimper coming from her. The jabs were shallow, not doing any major damage to internal organs, but they were causing her to lose more blood than she'd already lost. The ones in her legs were deep and caused her movements to be slow and jerky. She was losing and she knew it and she looked over and saw that Zack/Kade saw what was happening to her and their eyes burned with rage. Afraid that this would cause them to lose sight of the battle with Dravesh, she turned and to the best of her ability she headed down the alley, away from Zack/Kade, the collar still imbedded into her neck by one razor with the leash trailing behind her, leaving a trail of blood from her shallow wounds as well as the deep ones. The guards gave chase and just as they caught up to her, she gave Zack/Kade a look of longing.

"DON'T THINK ABOUT ME!!! TAKE CARE OF DRAVESH!!!"

One of the guards grabbed her then, throwing up against the wall, knocking the wind out of her. She crumbled to the ground, breathing heavily. Her strength was ebbing away along with her blood and she lay there, unable to fight back now. She could only hope that Zack/Kade would take care of Dravesh and that she would stay conscious long enough to witness it.

Attempting to rise off of the cold, hard ground, Kealan looked around to see where the guards were positioned. She didn't get very far in getting off of the ground when a heavy boot slammed into the middle of her back, pushing her back down.

"Stay down, bitch!!! You're not going anywhere until Dravesh finishes with your man!!"

Kaelan saw stars when she was forced back to the ground. Looking up, she saw Zack again, her eyes saying everything. She mouthed the words, 'Don't worry about me' to him.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 pm

Dravesh landed a good ways from Zack, his feet sliding along the rock. He quickly used his sword as a cane to balance his landing then had it at ready, while his other hand held in his entrails, leaking out from his torn abdomen.

"I never intended to spill my guts to you." Gasped Dravesh, his bloodied mouth twisting into a ferocious smile, at his own sick joke.

The ape-man's injury should have been mortal and it was apparent to Zack that Dravesh was proving to be far more resilient than he had anticipated. Still, however, even if the bleeding had already stopped his internal injuries were not healing at such a fantastic rate that he would renew before the next round. The ape-man, was forcing himself to stay conscious as the overwhelming pain threatened his lucidity.

"Com'on, Zack!" Dravesh growled, challenging him with a wave of his scimitar, "COME ON!"

Dravesh continued to taunt the tall warrior. All he had to do was draw him closer and it would be his end. The crafty ape-man's eye had, even as he sailed back through the air, caught sight of a tethered rope that restrained a heavy hook on a chain. It was used for hauling heavier items down the alley along a track that ran its length, and presently the sharp hook was moored, but upon cutting its bond it would swing over Dravesh's head and impale Zack once he advanced.

"Your woman is more of a man!" Dravesh mocked, "Step forth! Let us finish this!"

Dravesh of course had no intent of any such thing, and once Zack was in range and he could cut the rope he was all ready to propel himself backward with one of his powerful leaps. He would end up at the bottom of the slope, in the battle zone of the red and blue man, but hopefully they were to focused on one another to be concerned with him. He was confident then that his guards would bring the woman, and all would be right in his world.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Be_car10Kaelan lay there on the ground, trying to catch her breath, but it was difficult with the wind being knocked out of her and a couple of her ribs being cracked. She watched as Dravesh leapt back, spouting taunts at Zack. Her eyes met Zack's and she saw how empty they appeared to be, but she'd already learned in the short time she'd known him, that this wasn't the case. He was in his killing zone, he and Kade, and this was how they dealt with it.

Kaelan slowly tried to rise to her knees to help Zack only to have one of the guards give a swift kick in the ribs, causing her to hit the rock wall behind her again. Her breathing labored, she looked up and that was when she saw the large hook. Her eyes followed the rope attached to it and she gasped when she saw that it led right next to where Dravesh was standing. It didn't take a genius to figure out what Dravesh had planned, she just hoped that she could warn Zack in time.

The guard that had kicked her hollered at Dravesh.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT DONE WITH THIS LITTLE BITCH?!!!"

Dravesh, never taking his eyes off of Zack, simply told him to see to it that she wouldn't put up much of a fight once he was done. Chuckling, the guard looked down at the blue eyed woman and squatted down next to her. Kaelan glared at him, her blue eyes almost as cold as Zack's. Before the guard knew what she was doing, she spit in his face, her lips curling back in a snarl, showing dainty little, pointed canines. Viciously backhanding her, he stands up, wiping the spittle from his face. He gave her another swift kick, this one in her thigh and laughed when she gave a cry of pain, before he stepped back. She wasn't going anywhere, he knew this and wasn't worried about her.

Breathing through the pain of her bruised thigh and cracked ribs, Kaelan looked over at Zack again and once she caught his eye, she looked up at the hook, nodding her head, hoping that her understood what she was trying to tell him. She raised a shaking hand and wiped at the blood seeping from the corner of her mouth, still trying to get Zack to look up and see the wicked looking hook.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Zack lost grip on the ape as it kicked him in the chest he was about to launch himself after the ape but the scimitar racing towards his stomach he stopped in his tracks the sword slicing the edges of his coat as he pulled back in time. The ape made it clear of him holding his entrails as he stood ready for another attack Zack was annoyed any normal thing would have died from such an attack it was rare to find such beings as resilient as Dravesh. The taunts thrown at him fell on deaf ears as he did not listen to the continuous jibes at him an angry person made mistakes it was a basic rule.

Zack looked back to Kaelan as she was beaten his eyes narrowing as she was kicked they were more of a threat than the monkey to her his lips pulling back his own mouth containing a set of pointed canines. Kade on the other hand watched curiously at Dravesh he had already noticed the rope licking his lips at the idea of what it would be like if the hook was to miss would Dravesh freeze in terror or... his mind was cut as Zack berated him asking whether they should kill the guards first gaining the needed strength. The demon lifted an eyebrow at this interruption. “This little ape won’t be moving quick enough to stop us.” Zack gave almost as wicked a smile. The two turned their backs on Dravesh the black ooze which seeped around Zack’s shoulder began to expand taking over his body transforming it as he began to run towards the guards in long striding steps then falling forwards onto all fours his whole body enveloped his head becoming a copy of Kade’s Jackal head his eyes and mouth a bright white unlike the red of Kade’s.

“SHE IS NO BITCH YOU WHORESONS!”

The words erupting from the bear sized two headed Jackal Dravesh could only watch in amazement at its ferocity as the distance between the guards and Kaelan was reduced to nothing in huge strides. The beast tore into the few guards shredding men easily with its new clawed paws and biting large sections devouring the flesh off the guards not standing a chance the men left with black ooze on the wounds which pulsated as it seemed to continue feeding off them. The bear turned the men moaning on the floor incapacitated unable to move the ooze stopped the blood from pooling around them but it wasn’t exactly allowing them to keep it as it fed off their life. The bear stood next to Kaelan a protective guardian Kade’s red tongue licking its lips covered in blood it sized up Dravesh. “Next meal?” Zack eyed Dravesh. “I do not want to taste his flesh it would be foul.” His voice different to Kade’s being a deeper more careful tone unlike the husky arrogant tone of Kade.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

As Zack transformed before his very eyes, the ape man backed away and fear washed over his angry features. Watching the beast tear apart the guards, he wasted little time in bidding a fleet retreat.

He cut the rope of the large heavy hook and let it swing like a great pendulum. It struck nothing on it's first pass which was toward Dravesh, but it was the back swing toward any who approached that would hopefully assist his flight. Although the heavy hook was easy to avoid, it would be a hinderance, nonetheless and the ape man needed every second he could get. His sliced abdomen greatly impeded is great speed and he was reduced to using to short leaps and bounds as he made his away down the ridge.

Before Dravesh reached the bottom, he wavered and tripped. He rolled down the last part of the hill and forced himself to his feet, shaking the dust from his head. The crimson blood around his mouth was bright against the pale coloured dirt across his face and he spat out a large wad onto the battlefield of the two large gladiators.

All was silent. The red man and blue man, stood a good twenty meters from one another like statues, each one's eyes trained upon the other. Both of them bled from several open wounds, and it appeared that they had mutually decided, like boxers, to retreat for a time to their respective corners.

Dravesh twisted his head and scowled at the blue man then cast an angry glare to the red one. Neither of them acknowledged the ape man and so he drove onward to the gate of the Lord's fortress.

"Open the gate and ready your weapons!"
Roared Dravesh at the guards who stood awe struck by the battle before the wall upon which they stood.

The ape man's order fell upon deaf ears. These guards did not recognize that he had any authority and so Dravesh would have muster all his remaining strength and leap to safety. The wall was over eight meters high, a challenging jump but in his present state it would take everything he had to reach its top.

As he pushed his body hard toward the wall, Dravesh looked back over his shoulder to check on the where-abouts of the creature that once was Zack.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 LyandLife After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Kryzhand
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Zack watched as the ape bounded away the heavy hook swinging back and forth Zack looking down on the guards. “Finish them Kade already!” The bear walked between the guards seeming to lick their face with his tongue but all fell stone dead the ooze falling off them no blood dripped from the wounds the process happened between the four guards. “I hope that has satisfied your thirst.” The ooze beginning to sink back into his shoulder standing up as his feet and hands formed finally leaving Zack standing his coat pristine fully repaired with no slits and cuts in it without a single hole in it he crouched down to Kaelan slowly sitting her up moving hairs out of her face. “How bad are you feeling?” His hand absently dusting off her clothes and trying to remove dirt from her face he only gave a quick glance to find a small trail of blood where Dravesh had gone but he felt heavy unable to continue fighting but he was awake which was better than he expected.

“Let’s go see how Lyand is doing I caught a glance of him down in the valley.” He carefully lifted her like a child much as he had carried Sin those many days’ maybe weeks ago careful not to grind any broken bones together he walked with much balance almost performed grace as he walked around the hook and walked down the hill slowly Dravesh only seeing a flowing red coat of the giant his claymore securely in its sheath on his back slowly approaching Lyand.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Be_car10She felt no fear when the bear like Zack approached, taking care of the guards around her. Why wasn't she afraid? She should have been, but she wasn't.

She then gasped when Dravesh cut loose the large hook and the sighed in relief when it didn't hurt anyone, especially Zack. She continued to lay on the ground, her breathing labored from her cracked ribs, her face bruised and bloodied. When he asked her how bad she was feeling, he didn't give her time to answer. He picked her up so gently that it almost brought tears to her blue eyes. She laid her head against his chest, snuggling in to him.

"Thank you, Zack.....thank you, Kade. As for how bad I feel.....it hurts to breathe and my face hurts. It will be awhile before I can fight again....but damn, I was good if I do say so myself."

She smiled at the last bit, closing her eyes as she snuggled in even closer.

"Yea, let's see how Lyand is doing and if he's ready to leave this insane place."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:19 am

Dravesh leapt with all his might, stretching his long arm upward. His abdomen burned with pain as he extended his body causing him to scream out but he was just able to hook his fingers onto the edge of the wall and hold fast. Two guards appeared, their weapons drawn assuming the ape-man to be one of the invaders but when Dravesh cursed them for their utter stupidity and demanded that they contact his father and Lord Bloodhand they wisely chose to aid the enraged ape-man.

As the guards helped Dravesh over the wall, he looked back and saw the tall warrior moving slowly down the ridge, the woman, Kaelen in his arms. Zack had returned to his familiar form and was not wasting his time in pursuit, in fact he seemed to care little about Dravesh, making the ape-man feel like a fleeing rat, but at least he was alive and soon he would heal and live to carry out his revenge on the mysterious warrior.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Lyand

The sounds of battle echoed around them but only a silent tension existed before the walls of the lord's fortress. While the guards hauled Dravesh over the wall, Zack slowly came into view behind Lyhand's frozen form. Transfixed upon his brother, the blue skinned man did not move, but he was aware of the approaching warrior. When the red clad man was but a few strides away, he turned, swiveling his head slowly toward his companion and acknowledged him with a nod. He then looked back to his brother and sheathed his sword.

Kryzhand, relaxed and straightened. Their battle was done. His brother had proved himself as great a fighter as he and neither would be victorious this night under the red moon. One day, Lyhand may come for him again when the Black Sun hung in the sky, but until that time they would part ways. He would lay claim to the sun lit world while his brother had the night, and relieved of his burdens perhaps he too would appreciate, even crave the freedom they never had.

"Farewell, brother." Said the red skinned man.

He then looked briefly at Zack, a man who was not his enemy and memorized his features. Kryzhand turned then, raised his shield and charged with explosive speed toward the gates to the fortress. The bull of a man threw his powerful shoulder behind his shield and burst through the massive doors of wood and aluminum.

Lyhand turned his back to the fray and lowered his eyes to Kaelen's bloodied body in Zack's arms and spoke.

"Let us leave this place, brother."

The words were in agreement with what Zack and Kaelen had already intended and so amidst the destruction of Sanguine Valley the two fighters proceeded to exit via the eastern gates that had yet to be effected by the ongoing battle.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Zack gave a little chuckle as he watched Dravesh climb the remaining distance up the wall. “Hope he has fun explaining to his ‘father’.” Hissing the word father out of his lips with some menace but composing himself again as he almost slipped on a stone. Hearing her rather quick report on her condition his face becoming slightly serious concern evident but it broke into a grin. “Good?” leaning in close whispering his next words. “You did brilliantly I’m proud to have been witness of such courage and bravery.” The two reached the bottom of the hill walking towards the rear of Lyand the warrior turning slowly when Zack had come within only a few strides of Lyand both nodded to each other acknowledging each other’s wishes in what seemed by telepathy.

“Why would he bother examining me?” still looking over his shoulder as they had both began to walk away from the carnage which was happening Zack looking back to Lyand the open wounds over him. “Those need some stitching we will sort it out once we are a good distance from this mad house.” The warriors continued seeming to be left un-harassed the streets empty and barren Zack and Lyand stopped people were closing windows and doors against them the screams of battle increasing Zack looked back Kade chuckling as he squirmed in his mind. “About thirty of them running towards this street we could outrun them easily if new found ‘brother’ is up to the task of running. “Brother can you run they are going to catch up with us otherwise and conflict it not needed now.” Still feeling the lead weight of his arms and knowing full well he could never fight in his current state.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:22 am

Lyhand looked behind him to see the troop of invaders running toward them and immediately broke into a run. His body was stiff, but his legs were strong and he yet had the stamina to out run the likes of the rag-tag band that pursued them. He was more concerned with Zack, who was burdened with Kaelen and did not appear as sure footed as he usual was, but he seemed to be maintaining a good gate regardless.

Ahead of them was the eastern gate. A ten meter high wall built across the narrowest part of the chasm, sealing it shut. The only way in or out was through the heavy doors which were locked tight, but there was a stairway, running along the chasm wall to the top of the rampart where five cards stood watch. Two of them manned swivel guns, one shot large harpoons and the other was a flame thrower, but they were not expecting to defend their backs and the guns were aimed forward to defend the bastion. Opposite the stairway on the other side of the wall, was a defensive tower a few meters above the top of the rampart. Three more guards were perched at it's top, each armed with a high powered crossbow and when they were alerted by the shouts of the rabble following the two warriors one turned on a spot light and shone it toward them.

Lyhand held up his hand and averted his eyes from the bright light. Focusing on the ground he did not break stride but something troubled him. It was obvious to him now that the hoard behind them had been assigned to take down the eastern gate, but like wild dogs would prey on whatever crossed their path and so they were still a threat to them. But, even more so, Lyhand feared what lied on the other side of the wall, for why would the raiders seek to control the gates, if not to open them and let more of their soldiers in? He prayed that he was wrong, for they had little choice but escape over the rampart and make their way through the chasm before dawn broke.

"Halt!" Ordered one of the guards in tower as he aimed his crossbow at Zack, "Halt, I — arrrgghhh", the guards words were cut short as a gun fired from the approaching hoard and the bullet just so happened to strike the crossbowman in the head. He flopped back lifelessly, and the guards immediately prepared to return fire, those manning the swivel guns twisted them round to fire on their attackers. Then, even as they prepared to drive back the raiders, one of the guards saw head lights approaching from down the chasm. Barreling toward them on the other side were several vehicles that had driven around the mountains to assault Sanguine Valley from the east.

"Incoming!" Alerted the guard, pointing beyond the wall as he turned his harpoon gun back toward the approaching vehicles. At the tip of his harpoon had been strapped explosives, one hit and BLAM! That is if the thirty raiders about to attack allowed him to get off a shot.

"Withdraw the bridge!" Hollered another guard, and both Zack and Lyhand could see a man running along the top of the wall toward the stairs. Then they noticed that there was bridge that connected the top of the wall to the stairway that ran along the chasm wall, and apparently the guard was going to somehow pull it away so that no one would be able to use it.

Lyhand knew that it was up to him. Carrying the girl, Zack would not make it in time, and so the blue skinned man who had been keeping pace with his companion increased his speed and leapt up the stairway in but a few strides. By the time he made it to the top, the guard had been able to crank the winch several times pulling the bridge away, but the distance being only a mere ten feet was but a single stride for the tall man. He crossed over, drawing his sword and when he reached the guard, swung his sword stopping short at the man's throat.

"Stop!" He told him and the guard obeyed.

Lyhand could have killed the man, but he would be needed to continue retracting the bridge after Zack got across, so he had spared him out of necessity.

Waiting for Zack the other guards glared at Lyhand but as the raiders approached they could only hope that these strangers who did not appear to be part of the invading force would either lend a hand or keep out of their way. Either way, the situation was dire and many of them felt this would be their last stand.

Lyhand watched his companion as he raced against the raiders, then he turned to see the approaching vehicles on the other side of the wall. They were trapped! Quickly his eyes darted about for another means of escape and he saw it. On the other side of the wall there was a door that accessed the tower and at the top of it on the side of the chasm wall, was a metal ladder that went all the way up to the top of the canyon. It was a long climb, and the ancient ladder appeared ravaged by time but it offered an alternative to fighting. The climb looked dangerous and with Kaelen injured it would be difficult and so he hoped that Zack would be able to present some more options once he made it onto the wall.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Be_car10Kaelan was trying to ignore the pain of her beaten body and cracked ribs as Zack carried her, following Lyand. She could tell that he was tiring and trying to be careful with her at the same time. She jumped when Lyand yelled. She lifted her head from Zack's chest and from the stance of Lyand's frame, all was not well.

"Zack, maybe you should let me walk. From the look of where Lyand is looking, we have a little climb ahead of us and you can't carry me and climb at the same time. Not with you tiring the way you are."

Kaelan knew that she wouldn't be able to keep up with her injuries, but she didn't want to hold the two of them back either. If Lyand and Zack could get to safety, then she would be okay...somehow.

"Go on Zack. Put me down and follow Lyand. I will be right behind you."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Zack was running trudged one foot after another keeping a hasty pace but delicately he trudged on looking back he was practically going the same pace as them not gaining or losing them a nuisance to him. Zack analysed the gateway quickly seeing the exit the guards and the tower with one...two... a blazing light smashing his eyes harshly bowing his head down over Kaelan. “Jesus that hurt!” His eyes stinging as he ran he glanced over his shoulder the men were gaining he had unconsciously slowed down with the pain. “Damn it this is too close.” He heard a commotion of yelling as the guards prepared for the raiders loading crossbows and the little man running for the bridge. Zack watched as Lyand suddenly increased pace. “Bloody bastard hiding all his energy!” Zack was thankful though that someone was up to the challenge he looked down finding Kaelan was well aware of the situation telling him she should try to walk he gave a grin to her as he looked left and right stopping he lowered Kaelan placing her on her feet.

“Get to Lyand I’m gonna buy us some time of these raiders.” He unsheathed his claymore walking to what he had noticed a scaffold tower of hollow pipes he stood next to it taking a deep breath he stepped forward with a slicing motion cleanly cutting the pipes the structure groaned and moaned as the bottom set began to buckle sliding ready to collapse he walked backwards from it. He was only a few steps from the wall now Kaelan already climbing the stairs with a limp he followed quickly sheathing the sword he slipped past her going to a guard. “Continue defending you can retract the bridge once we have got across I would advise you to follow as this town is easily falling to its knees but I leave you with my blessing and my curse of fight well.” Zack helped Kaelan up the last step as they watched the man winch the last foot of bridge back the pair walked across slowly Zack gave a nod to Lyand then jutted his head to the ladder. “I can’t think of any other way we will escape from this mess, guess it’s a long climb for freedom as they say.”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:17 pm

The scaffold tower folded, crumbling beneath its own weight after Zack's powerful swing of his sword compromised the structure. It fell across the narrow part of the chasm but before it struck the far side of the canyon and broke apart a few of the raiders attempted to out run the mass of pipes. They tried and died, while the others, having more self preservation stopped in their tracks and awaited for the collapsed tower to settle.

The guards cheered and praised Zack's efforts, but the celebration was brief. On the other side of the wall, four vehicles stopped about three car lengths from the gates, their head lights illuminated the area. The pass was only wide enough for a single vehicle and so they remained in single file. At the front was a large military style truck and it's open wagon the raiders had a mounted, 50 caliber machine gun. An incredibly rare weapon and one used sparingly as ammunition was hard to come by.

"Open the gates!" The raider at the gun demanded, seeking not to waste their precious 50 caliber rounds, "Open the gates and you will be spared!"

The guards were not the most educated of men, but they weren't fools. They knew they'd all be dead sooner if they gave in.

"GO TO HELL YOU PIRATE BASTARDS!" Roared the guard at the large harpoon gun as he fired his explosive laden missile.

The harpoon penetrated the hood of the vehicle and exploded. Flames leapt into the air painting the sides of the chasm a bright orange and before wall the burning men futilely rolled on the ground in an attempt to extinguish their flaming bodies. As their horrible screams echoed through the canyon, raiders from the back two vehicles exited their vehicles, a few armed with ranged weapons and one leapt up into the back of the smoldering truck and manned the 50 caliber gun which had survived the blast. He cocked the gun and shredded apart the guard who had fired the large harpoon gun, then he proceeded to turn the weapon on every one else on the wall, including Zack, Lyand and Kaelen.

Lyand saw how the powerful rounds of the gun easily penetrated the crenellations of the aluminum and stone wall and realized as they all did that no place was safe. The tower was about ten, Kaelen sized strides away but it seemed that was where the mad man at the large machine gun was concentrating his fire.

On the other side of the wall the twenty or so remaining raiders were making there way through the debris of Zack's make shift barricade. Already some of them were hauling pieces of the structure with them to use as ladders to get up into the tower, where obviously the mechanism to open the gates was located.

Lyand crouched down low, pulling Zack and Kaelen with him so that they were not noticeable targets, unfortunately to the raiders on the interior side of the wall they were in plain sight. For those men who had ranged weapons they were sitting ducks and it was only a matter of time before they decided to loose their crossbow bolts or even fire a bullet at them.

Lyand did not know what to do and looked to Zack for support. "If we try to make the climb the raiders with guns will just pick us off." he said then looking through a crack in the wall he surveyed the cars. "Two of the vehicles remain operational," he informed his companions, "I cannot tell how many are down there, maybe six, maybe more."

Lyand turned to Zack and Kaelen awaiting a response. He did not need to mention that the odds on the other side of the wall were far better, but he could not make the decision on his own. They had come this far together and so he would follow whatever action they chose, but they had precious little time left. Already the raiders below had spotted them and a few with crossbows eyed them hungrily.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Be_car10Kaelan was thoughtful for a moment, then she looked to Zack.

"I agree with Lyand, Zack. If we climb, it will be to our deaths. Perhaps we should take our chances on the other side. It can't be any worse than it is here. Either way, we need to decide to quickly."

Kaelan was leaning up against a narrow wall, wishing that she could wash away the dried blood from her neck and body. She was also afraid that her injuries would hinder their escape, but something told her that Zack wasn't about ready to leave her behind. She didn't know if she had the strength to pull on the tiger's dna again for it's strength, but she would try. Reaching down deep, Kaelan closed her eyes trying to grasp the tiger dna only to have it slip from her grasp. She tried three more times only to lose it each time. She just didn't have the strength to call and hold it at the same time. She looked over at Zack, giving him a shaky smile.

"If you give me a little support every now and then, I should be able to make it, Zack. But, you don't have to carry me. Concentrate on getting yourself to safety. Lyand, once Zack is ready, I say we make a break for it and see what is on the other side."

She stepped away from the wall, grimacing at the pain running through her body, but she was stubborn and swallowing the pain, she called on her will power and stood straighter.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:18 am

Zack looked along the wall seeing a dropped crossbow of a guard he crawled to it pulling it into his grasp the thing had been ready loaded but the guard...looking behind him no body looking down the wall ah... he crawled back to the two keeping low behind the wall. “Lyand is right the cars are the best alternative so we will go down, Lyand will take you down Kaelan as I’m sure he won’t need to scamper down the side of the wall.” Zack brought the crossbow to his shoulder aiming through the crack they had used for observation leaning till he saw the 50 gunner. “Good night.” He pulled the trigger the bolt flying into the central forehead slamming the man’s head back twitching as he fell back Zack nodded to the two with a smile. “Let’s go explore.” Without further ado he jumped over the wall climbing quickly down as handholds seemed to naturally come to him then he realised it was all the shots from the gun serious luck he had to say.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:31 am

Lyand roughly scooped up Kaelan and leapt off the wall. He attempted to touch down as softly as possible but the small woman still found their landing a little jarring, of course it didn't help much that the giant blue man's arms were hard and rigid. He then placed her down on the ground and without a word moved quickly toward the last two remaining vehicles in the line of five.

The first of the three vehicles had been badly damaged and still smoldered. Lyand leapt onto the still burning remains of the truck that supported the 50 caliber machine gun and drew his sword. Staring down through the narrow chasm, he looked across the other two damaged vehicles and tried to sport the remaining raiders. The two last operational cars had tinted glass windshields and nothing could be seen through it, so it difficult to say where they might be.

Lyand leapt to the ground and stalked forward. "I will take the right, you the left." he called to Zack as he made his way through the narrow space between the sides of the cars and the chasm walls, which was hardly enough to allow the doors to fully open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 3
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next