Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10Sin looks at him as if he's crazy. "What do you mean, 'who's going to prepare the bird'? I killed it, got chased by crazed, mutated chickens, you prepare it." She picks up the hen and plops it down on the table.

Stalking off, she goes to find suitable clothing as hers are now ruined.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 D11
Zack cringes he hated chicken preparation he stuck his tongue out at Sins back as she walked away just as she turns around he stops acting all innocent she walks off to find a pair of clothes not so ‘wrecked’. Zack takes his time cleaning the animal ensuring it is ready for the process of being cooked. Finally after so long he had always hated chicken he carefully placed it into the stove sitting down enjoying the smell of cooking chicken.

Zack watched the flames licking the chicken he began to think of peculiar examples within the flame which he dismissed ensuring he would watch the chicken cook.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10Sin returns, having found a turquoise colored sundress. A little faded, but form fitting. It has thin straps over the shoulders and molds her body, leaving little to the imagination. "This was all I could find. Is it okay?" She sniffs the air, "Mmmmmm, it smells good. Sorry if I was kind of...well...bitchy before. It's rather embarrassing to be chased by chickens."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:09 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Pheyd

Pheyd always seemed to know the time, down to the last second and as they stood on the high ridge that Clarence the lizard-man had crossed over approximately sixteen minutes before them, the time was 8:33 am. The large orange sun had climbed over the horizon and in the long shadow of the ridge, Pheyd's telescopic sight spotted the prehistoric looking creature moving toward a giant billboard sign leaning against a peculiar looking mound of rubble on the side of the mountain. The sign was ancient, faded and weathered by the elements, but one could still make out the outline of the word, 'BIO' and then a few spaces over was the letter, 'N' and the word ended with an 'X'.

"BIOGENEX", Pheyd said softly to himself.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Stasinus

Looming over the white haired man, the giant lion mutant acknowledged the word his companion had spoke but did not inquire of it. "Do you see him?" He asked.

"It appears that he is entering a concealed doorway in that billboard." Answered the Synthecan and he pointed to the small rectangular object in the distance, "There, do you see it?"

Stasinus followed the direction of Pheyd's pointing hand. His vision was mono-chromatic and the object did not leap out of the mountainside for him as it would for Human eyes, but with some direction it became visible. "Yes. Thank you."

"I believe that billboard is hiding something." Pheyd surmised as he pulled back his vision allowing him to see more clearly the shape of the mound of rock that the billboard rested upon. "A long time ago, it appears that there was a rock slide and it buried the entire research facility."

"So the place you seek is there?" Asked the lion.

"Yes, Stasinus. I believe it is." He answered then began to make his way down the ridge. As he heard, the large mutant follow, he turned, "I thank you, for your assistance, but if I am correct, the place that billboard is hiding is a hell for people like you. It would be wise for you to go your way."

Stasinus puffed out his chest, at first taking the suggestion as an insult to his bravery but then he quickly realized that the synthetic man meant no offense and considered his counsel. He looked back over his shoulder, toward Perdition then back to Pheyd and realized that he had no where to go. "I shall stay with you."

Pheyd chewed the side of lip then nodded. He continued down the side of the ridge and Stasinus followed.

"Y'know, being named after a greek poet, doesn't seem to suit you." Pheyd mentioned to Stasinus. How about I call you, Chewbacca?"

The lion mutant shot his eyes toward the man and smiled. "Only if I can call you, Han."

Pheyd stopped in his tracks and looked up at the lion mutant who had a smug look on his feline face. How could he possibly have known what he was talking about? Then noting the look of confusion and surprise in Pheyd's expression, Stasinus explained, "I grew up with an extensive library with books and videos. You do know what videos are, do you not?" He jabbed.

Pheyd actually laughed. An outburst he was not even aware that he was naturally capable of, and yet in the company of this beastly humanoid in a god forsaken world he had performed a natural Human response without being prompted. He awkwardly stopped his laughter and for an instance felt a kinship with the mutant, a feeling he had only experienced once before.

The strange pair continued down the side of the ridge, down into the bottom of a ravine before climbing up the other side toward their destination. They had no idea if the facility had some sort of security system so they approached cautiously as they ascended the mountain side, climbing up the steep slope to where Pheyd believed was a buried building the entrance to which hidden behind an ancient billboard sign.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Zack cocks his head to the side watching the chicken when she walks in her summer dress slightly gob smacked but giving a slight cough to bring himself back to reality. “It looks lovely on you.” A serene smile coming from Zack as he turns to the chicken he could hear the little demon giggling in the back of his mind at the position he was in. Zack turning to her when hearing her apology he gives a nod of understanding turning back to the chicken. “We all vent our feeling out on something so don’t worry I know you’re a good person its just the situation.
Turning back to the chicken he wondered how long before it would be cooked, murmuring to himself. “Killer Chicks.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10Sin walked over to the cooking chicken and noticed that it looked done. "I think it's done, Zack." She saunters over to the cupboard and grabs to dingy plates, wiping them off with an old towel. Setting them on the table, she grabs the chicken, using another old towel to keep from burning her fingers and sets it too on the table. Sitting down, she pulls off a chunk of breast and hands the plate to Zack, then does the same for herself.

Eating, she sits there, scrapes, cuts and bruises showing on her skin that the sundress doesn't cover. But, she is oblivious to these as she eats the meat, juice dribbling down her chin and onto her chest. "Mmmmmmm, this is sooo good. You did a good job, Zack, cooking this." She continues to eat, enjoying her first real meal in days.

Opening her eyes once she's done, she looks at Zack and sees him staring at her. "What....what...is something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10Sin looks down and sees the juice trailing down her chest. Rising quickly, she wipes it off, embarrassed. "Geez, I'm sorry Zack. I guess I was so hungry that I didn't realize that I was eating like a...well....like a wolf, I guess." She finishes her plate of chicken, cleans up her plate the best that she can without water, and heads back upstairs. "I'll be right back. I have got to find something more suitable than a damned dress. It was nice, though, for awhile feeling kind of feminine."

Heading upstairs, she rummages through every room, closet, and dresser, finally finding a pair of leather pants, a black halter top, and a pair of boots. Everything fit, except for the boots and they were just a little too big, but not so much so that she couldn't wear them. Heading back downstairs, she looked at Zack. "There, this is better to travel in. Now, how about that stroll so that we can decide what it is we're going to do."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:22 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 0_61_100907_russia_chessboard

Doctor Brainbridge was none too pleased with Clarence's failure and though he seethed with anger, maintained his placid exterior as he completed is little experiment. Before him, an immobilized hyena-man, lay stretched out on a table, the top of it's skull removed exposing the brain. Several wires connected the brain to a machine and the doctor had just been adding the last wire when the lizard-hybird showed up, empty handed and even worse, alone.

"I am terribly upset with you, Clarence." The doctor said with an eerie calmness to his voice, "I sent you to perform a simple task and not only did you fail to achieve it but also lost some of my best hybrids in the process."

"It was not entirely my fault." Hissed Clarence.

The doctor glared at the lizard for speaking out of turn, but before Clarence bit back his words he uttered a name that caught the doctor's attention. Bainbridge, put aside his experiment and walked over to the lizard, who winced, expecting to be struck, but the doctor was more interested in learning more about what had transpired.

"Zack, you said?" Repeated the doctor, "He's helping Sin? Well isn't this just perfect now." He growled, tearing off his latex gloves and angrily tossing them into a waste bin. Spinning about he moved quickly back to clarence and grabbing him by the face lifted his chin off his chest. "Stop that moping! If I was going to make you pay for your failure, you'd be dead already. No, I need you to assist me in setting a little trap for our friends, but what do all traps need?"

Clarence wasn't sure at first if the question was rhetorical but then as the doctor clearly was awaiting a response he answered, "Uh, poison?"

Bainbridge rolled is eyes. "Bait! You idiot! Traps need bait! Now, what is it that would tempt both Zack and Sin?"

Clarence began to answer, but Bainbridge just glared at him and shook his head, letting the lizard man know for sure that question was indeed rhetorical.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Zack grinned it had been a long time since he had talked to people so casually usually ever sentence had repercussion even compliments he watched her walk out to get a different set of clothes. Zack watched the sway of her hips as she walked away tempted for a comedy wolf whistle but decided on better turning back to his chicken. He had almost finished the last few scraps he had delicately eaten with his hands taking each part slowly.

She slowly walks down the stairs he looks at up from his meal slightly amazed where were all these outfits coming from. Giving a smile of approval he picks the last few pieces of chicken eating them quickly he stands up. “They are better for travelling in.”Zack walked to the door where his claymore still was wedged. “We going out the front towards the chicken?” His hand slowly resting on the pommel of the sword wondering whether to remove it.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10 Sin knew that she had to start taking off the clothes before she shifted. One only knew how much longer she would luck out in finding clothes.

Hearing Zack say something about the chickens, she gives him a glare, "I think we should avoid those monsters at all costs except to kill them and eat them. She walks over to the door, opens it, checks for the clucking monsters and exits the house. Walking along, she finds a what looks like an old path, probably to what used to be the woods, or barn. She follows it, talking to Zack as she does.

"What should we do, Zack. Try to free the others or forget about them? With everything I've remembered so far, I don't think I could, in good standing, leave them in that horrible place of torture."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Zack walked next to her on the narrow path looking across to her as they discussed their options. “Hmm we should save them really!” Zack’s hand carefully scratches at the back of his neck. “I know the facility will be north-ISH if I remember rightly.” They had been walking down the path for some time.

“You had looked really nice in the dress.” His mind mulling over how they had met, the motel, food and hunters and now he was going back to his old world. He turned round beginning to walk backwards. “You’re the first person I have heard of being ‘moved’ outside.” Zack remembered well that usually no such actions were taken unless the doctor had decided to change them.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:21 pm

“You’re the first person I have heard of being ‘moved’ outside.”

Sin stopped dead in her tracks at Zack's question, remembering why she'd been moved and what had happened to her before she'd been left for dead. Haunted shadows form in her amber eyes as her face pales.

"Dr. Bainbridge was not pleased with me. I was too small, couldn't heal fast enough, wouldn't kill on command, and.........", she shuts her eyes tight, as if she's trying not to see what her mind if making her see, "I couldn't breed no matter how many wolf hybrid males had me. The guards........the guards that took me to the outside had.........had their fun as well. But, not being good enough is why I was left for dead on the outside."

Sin stands there, face pale, trying to get herself under control.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Zack quickly regretted his comment quickly turning round, he found what he had expected Sin in shock and pale he took a step toward her. “Whoa whoa I went over the line I’m sorry you should stand proud that you survived it all others would have died.” He held her at arms length. “Why don’t we close them down to stop others from suffering as you have?” Zack gave a weak excuse of a smile trying to help her.

“Now let’s get down this darn path and see where we go from there, ok?”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10 Sin relaxes a little at the feel of Zack's hands on her arms. She gives him a tentative smile, takin deep breaths as she calms herself. She finds herself stepping foward and giving Zack a kiss on the cheek. "I'm glad that you are no longer with him, Zack. Some day, I hope that you can tell me what happened to you. You know almost everything about me and I know so little about you."

Taking his hand in hers, they continue on down the path. "Thank you for what you said about me in the dress. It did feel good to have on." Taking a deep sigh, she looks over at him. "Now, what is our plan. I don't remember much about the lay-out of the lab, so I'm not going to be much help there."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:47 pm

He finds himself going red slightly at the kiss on the cheek he strokes at the spot slightly puzzled. “I’m glad I finally wizened up and left, the rest of the story will be for a campfire after we have saved them.” He tilts his head at her when she thanks him about the dress. “No need to thank me simply an observation.”

He looks up at the sky wondering about the old set up of the lab. “We may have a tough job a lot of the males are loyal to the doctor unlike the females so we should avoid male sales I think.” Zack thinking aloud. “We should go through the back entrance which is just a billboard instead of the iron front gates.” He gave a little thought over the interior. “It’s a little vague never knew it well maybe we might find a map at the facility? If not we can always fight through it and a hostage.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:52 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10 "That sounds like a plan to me and better than what I could've come up with." Sin keeps walking, "So, when do we do this? You can't travel very well in the daylight, so should we start off now or wait one until tomorrow night? And, I need a better weapon than that machete. I know,somehow, that I am a crack shot with a gun and I'm not too bad with a knife."

She stops, waiting for Zack to reply when she hears a commotion with the chickens. They're panicked clucking sounded like they were being stalked by something. "I think something is trying to move in on our meat."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:20 am

Dog sniffed the air, lookewd at Jerimiaha Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Boyanddog and said "Hey Romeo, female approaching, she looks hungry. ..... Forget it, you want to share our food, with this female, just to try and relieve some pent up frustrations,...... it comes from your half."

Jerimiaha looked up, ducked down behind the old car sticking out of the delapidated garaage Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Stevenscanshorizon and saw the dark haired young woman approaching from the small outcrop of boulders. He looked at Dog and said "Is that the only thing you think I have on my mind? Maybe I just want some stimulating conversation."

Dog snuffed and said "RIGHT, and I have a tower in Paris I can sell you cheap."

"Don't worry I won't give hear any bones." Jerimiah said

"Yea well make sure I get my half of the meat too, or my female radar might just shut down." Dog said

Jerimiaha and Dog watched as the woman came closer.

(OOC: Point of clarification no one but Jerimiaha can hear the dog speak.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 0_61_100907_russia_chessboard

Doctor Bainbridge, paced about the laboratory, thinking of how he could lure both Zack and Sin into his clutches. He of course cared nothing for Zack, he had attempted in the past to duplicate what he was to no avail, so as far as he was concerned he was nothing but food for his pets. Still, he was a formidable adversary and one that required special care. Then it hit him like a lightening bolt. "Alexandra!" He said aloud.

"Alexandra?" Scoffed Clarence. "She's dead."

Bainbridge smiled fiendishly. "No, she's not." He informed the confused reptile. "Oh, Clarence don't work that feeble brain of yours too hard, you are liable to have a seizure. I simply told her that, all those years ago. No, she is very much alive but nothing breaks the spirit more than the death of a sibling. I make sure I keep her away from the likes of your kind, Clarence." He said disdainfully as he walked over to his desk. "You see, she's very special, but you wouldn't have any understanding of it." he waved his hand dismissively at the lizard, "Leave me. I have much to prepare, I shall call you when you are needed, now go."

Clarence scurried away, like a scolded dog and Bainbridge sat down behind his large, old fashioned wooden desk. He reached into a drawer and procured a beat up old photo of two girls, the younger dark haired and the older sister fair. For a brief moment his features softened as he studied it and remembered the time when the picture was taken but then his eyes turned sinister once more. "You sacrificed your sister once my little Sin, I doubt you will have the strength to do it again." He whispered to the photo.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Sin11SinTara rushes back to the house, running around it to get to the backyard where she sees the chickens defending themselves against a fox-like animal. The animal is twice the size of the red foxes of old, darker red, longer, sharper teeth and longer, sharper claws.

As she begins to undress, Sin whispers to Zack. "Sorry, but I'm not ruining another set of clothes and we need some of those chickens for our trip." Completely undresses, she shifts into her alter form, the black she-wolf and with her belly to the ground, stalks the fox like animal.

The animal has a hen in it's mouth, shaking it until it's dead. Dropping it, it begins to feed, hungry enough to not care where it eats, just so long as it eats. Lifting it's head, he sniffs the air, snarling, showing a set of 2 inch long canines. He smells Sin, then he spots her. He stands over his kill possessively, growling at her.

Sin, knowing that she's been spotted, stands up from her belly crawl and bares her own teeth. This causes the finx (cross between a fox and a lynx) to take notice, but not for long. He's hungry and not about ready to relinquish his meal. Moving towards Sin, he bunches up his hind-quarters for a leap to her throat. As he leaps, Sin side-steps the finx, using her head, she hits him in the side, knocking him to the ground. The finx rises, snarling and drooling as he lunges again. This time, Sin wastes no time, catching the finx in mid-air with her own sharp teeth and crushes the animals windpipe, before crushing its neck.

Dropping it, she walks back over to Zack and her clothes. Shifting back to human form, she quickly dresses. "Well, that was fun. At least I don't have to kill one now. I think I saw a book on cooking in the kitchen. Let's go see if there's a recipe on preserving something like this to eat on the road." She picks up the dead hen and saunters up the back stairs and into the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 _morri10Talon calmly walked up to the dog and young man, her mouth watering at the site of the meat. She stops about 10 feet from them, studying them and deciding on how to approach this. Usually she would just take it and be done with it, but there was a dog involved and causing harm to a person was one thing, but an innocent animal was another thing and one that she avoided at all costs. She didn't like hurting animals, even to eat, although, she would kill one to eat, but to steal from, no.

She'd seen the man duck behind the car as she approached, and not knowing what weapons he had, had begun a cautious approach. Now she was close and unsure. So, she does something she hardly ever does and asks. "Hey, do you think you could spare a piece of meat? I won't stay, just need a little something to eat." She stays where she is, waiting for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Zack was gob struck she had virtually stripped right in front of him gone kill something then as she came back he was staring like a idiot so fighting for pride he turned away as she changed back from the wolf his arm outstretched with her clothes on it. “Good fight.” After she had dressed he walks to the fox like creature crouching down next to it inspecting it. “This fox will be too stringy for a good meal!” Zack stood back up following her back indeed thinking how she had commented on preserving he only knew that smoking worked but he was interested if their were other methods.

Getting to the kitchen he took the chicken from Sin taking her machete as well he quickly began with prepping as he done so before when cooking it. He gave a frown as he finished up. “You found that recipe book yet?” He cleaned the machete slowly laying it down. “You say you can use a knife?”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Sin11 Sin had indeed found a book on preserving meat. It was an old 'How to Make Jerky' cookbook. She laid it down on a clean spot on the table and began to read. Once she was done, she proceeded to create chicken jerky.

She stoked the fire in the wood burning stove, first making sure that she had a place to hang skewers inside. Once done, she looked to Zack, seeing that the meat was ready to be cut from the bone. "Yes, I can handle a knife, and I'll need one for what I'm about to make." Taking the knife he hands her, she quickly and effenciently carves the meat from the bone, then cuts it into thin strips. "Can you find something to use as skewers?" As Zack does this, Sin searches the cupboards, knowing she saw spices somewhere. Finding the small jars she seasons the meat.

Zack returns with the two, thin metal rods, perfect for skewering the meat onto. Sin does so, then places the rods in the oven part of the old stove, opeing the vents so that the meat cooks semi-slow, creating the jerky. She goes back to the book and reads some more. "Okay, now we wait a couple of hours and then we should have a type of jerky that stays good for long periods of time."

She looks at Zack, "Any suggestions on what we do until then?"
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Zack goes down on his haunches looking at the meat cocking his head to the side with interest at first but then he realised maybe they would take a while looking to Sin he nodded. “A knife and sheath” he took off his coat throwing it to the floor then taking his black shirt off without he was littered in scars different shapes and sizes most bring bite and claw scars. He was also wearing what seemed a waist sheath with 2 knives on it one he pulled out to hand to Sin (you can decide what knife) where as the other was a Nieto knife.

He takes off the sheath holding it out to Sin. “A proper battle knife not some picked up penknife equivalent.” Zack gave a slight smile as he slotted the Nieto knife into his coat. “Hmm to pass the time” Giving heavy thought to the problem. “To be honest no idea.” As he shrugged his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Sin11 Sin chose a knife with an 8 inch long, dual edged blade, black handle, comfortable to hold, and a black sheath. She straps it to her side and then ties the ties at the bottom of the sheath around her upper thigh, to keep the knife from bouncing around when she's walking or running. "Thank you. Now I feel better." She quickly draws the knife from the sheath, her hand a blur as she throws the knife up in the air, catching it and immediately going into a twirl before throwing her arm out, with the point pointed straight at Zack, only a few inches from his throat. "I definately like this one."

She looks around, wondering what to do while they wait. "Well, I guess you could tell me a little bit more about you and how you came to be the way you are. Unless it's too painful for you to talk about. Or, we could explore the house some more. I think there's a basement and then still the attic."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Zack nodded agreeing. “We should search the house really, never know might find that gun you looking for.” He stood up with a smile as he began to head for the basement. “You can have the attic!” So it began.

Zack came to the old ruined door to the basement he opened the door finding at first darkness but then flipping a switch some lights came on to his annoyance he found the floor slightly flooded. Zack walked down the stairs plunging his legs into the water he began to look around for anything of use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next