Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Advent10Shiloh saw the shadow that passed over Erik's features only to disappear as suddenly as it came. She was a little hurt that he wouldn't talk to her, but also knew that he probably just needed time.

Agreeing with him over Jardony's forethought, she heard another knock at the door and the healer's announcing themselves. Bidding them entry, she watched as an elderly man and two young apprentices entered each carrying a tray holding various vials of liquids, bandages and one tray that was covered with a towel.

"I am Healer Jonas, Shiloh and these are my helpers....Anna and Stephen. We're going to take a look at your wounds and see if we can make you more comfortable."

Healer Jonas smiled a fatherly at her, helping her to feel relaxed. Anna asked Erik to move out of the bed so that Shiloh could lay down upon it after she took off the nightshirt. She helped her lay down onto her stomach and pulled the sheet up to cover her legs and bare bottom.

Anna gasped when she saw the wounds on Shi's back, causing her to feel embarrassed and ashamed at the horrific marks on her skin. She reached out a hand to Erik, hoping that he would take it especially when she saw what was under the towel on the other tray. She knew that the dead skin would have to be cut away from the wounds that had been burned into her skin, but seeing the instruments was another story entirely. Healer Jonas reprimanded Anna for her rudeness and laid a gently hand on her shoulder.

"Shiloh, I know these instruments look threatening, but trust me when I say that you will feel so much better once the remainder of the dead skin is cut away from the edges of your wounds as well as helping you heal faster. Erik, why don't you just sit next to her on the bed.....help her relax while we clean the wounds and trim away the dead flesh."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Dragonknight

Erik didn’t necessarily like being ordered up out of his bed but he knew why and reluctantly slithered out of the bed slipping a pair of clean trousers on. As he watched the healers and the burn marks on Shiloh’s back, he knew she was frightened. Hell, he was when he had to go through all of this.

When he saw the look on Shiloh’s face when she saw the instruments they were going to use, he glared at the healers for their callousness, intended or not. Thankfully Jonas caught on to everything and tried to smooth things over but the damage had been done. Shiloh saw what they were going to do and she was even more terrified.

When Jonas suggested he sit next to her, Erik did one better. He laid down next to Shi and had her focus on him. His blue eyes held her gray ones and he tried to take her mind off the things that were about to happen. In the long run, he knew she would most likely just pass out from the pain.

”Look at me Shi. Don’t think about what they’re doing. It’s nobody but just you and me. Just like it always will be.”

It was his turn now to reach up and move a stray lock of hair from her brow as he talked to her. Everyone would be much better when this procedure was done and Erk knew he needed to find something to beat the hell out of when it was done. Every time he saw the wounds Shiloh suffered his blood boiled in his veins and he wanted to murder every single one of those overgrown lizards.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Advent10Shiloh gave Erik a brave but shaky smile when he lay down next to her and said the words that made her stomach do flip-flops.

"It's okay, Erik. I had to go through this twice at Lord Morham's castle. It wasn't too bad."

Her breath sucked in sharply as Jonas began to clean the raw wounds, causing them to begin to seep. He mumbled apologies and was as gentle as he could be, but there was not helping the pain he was causing her. He worked quickly and efficiently Anna and Stephen having worked with him long enough to know what he wanted and when before he'd ask for it. He worked his way down her back, being very thorough. When he was done, he looked at Erik then spoke to Shiloh, who was beginning to shake and yet still managed to smile at Erik.

"Okay, Shiloh. We're done with that part. Now, you have to hold very still while I cut away the remainder of the dead skin from around the wounds....okay. I'll be as gently as possible and work as swiftly as I dare."

Shiloh squeezed Erik's hand as she looked into his eyes, her own gray ones filled with pain.

"I'll be okay, Erik. I told you, I've already been through this twice."

But as Jonas began cutting away the remainder of the dead flesh, he couldn't help but nick at fresh skin as well which was raw from the acidic wounds. Gritting her teeth, Shiloh stared at Erik, refusing to give in to the scream that was welling up, gripping tightly to his hand. Tears began to out of her stormy eyes as she vaguely heard Jonas apologizing as he worked. Finally, unable to hold it in any longer, she screamed then passed out.

Once Jonas was finished, he looked at Erik.

"We won't have to do that again, Rider Erik. All of the dead flesh is gone now and she should begin to heal quickly. I will leave this small vial of pain reliever if she should need it. If she does need it, only 3 drops into a cup of wine and no more than 3 times a day."

He laid a loose wrap over her wounds, the material gauzy, allowing her wounds to breathe while keeping dust and what not out, then left, leaving Erik to comfort her when she woke.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Erik stayed with Shiloh. What else would he do? He could easily go check out this…Varden, but after everything that had happened, he wanted to just stay here, with her. Maybe they could just leave when she was better and start a new life away from all of this madness. That wouldn’t work either. Erik was smart enough to know there was no escaping the truth. No matter where you went, it always followed you.

Closing his eyes, he drifted off to sleep next to Shiloh. His sleep was interrupted by a dream, or at least that’s what he thought it was. Braum’s face came into focus and he heard the crotchety old codger bark at him again.

“Well boy….now what are you going to do? Lay around all day or get up off your ass and do something? What? Don’t give me that look. You know damn well what I’m talking about. And before you think you’re dreaming, let me assure you you’re not.”

To make his point, Braum reached out and slapped Erik in the back of the head and Erik actually felt the hit. Erik furrowed his brows and was getting ready to yell at the old man but Braum held his hand up to silence him.

“Save it. I know you’re mad but we don’t have time to get into this right now. Right now you need to be meeting with the leaders of the Varden and going over their plans on defeating this lizonian army. And don’t worry about Shiloh. She’s a strong woman. She has to be to be in love with you. Now….get up and get moving.”

Braum reached out with his foot and shoved Erik hard. Erik felt like he was falling and when he would have landed on the ground, he awoke with a jolt and sat up quickly. His heart was racing and he felt as though he’d just run a marathon. Looking down he saw Shiloh was just beginning to stir as well.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Advent10Shiloh felt like she was struggling through a thick fog, trying to wake up. When she did come fully awake, she wished she'd stayed asleep for the pain in her back was horrible. She moaned into the pillow.

"Remind me to thank Healer Jonas for making one hell of a first impression."

She turned her head to look at Erik, smiling at him.

"Thank you for staying, Erik. I won't have to go through this again, will I? I mean.....all of the dead flesh is now gone, right?"

Just then, there was a scratching at the door and a whine. Shiloh turned her head, her brows furrowing together. That whine sounded like Sampson, but he'd been killed. Hadn't he?

With Erik's help, she sat up, wrapping the sheet around sheet around her as Erik went to the door. When he opened it, Sampson came limping in as fast as he could. Shiloh gave a cry as she leapt off of the bed and knelt to the floor to hold her beloved pet close to her.

"Sampson!!! By the Gods, you're alive!!!"

Chandra stood in the doorway, smiling at the reunion then looked at Erik.

"Father ordered Sampson to be brought back here along with RainStorm. He had our healers work on the dog and saved him. When he heard Shiloh's scream, we could no longer contain him and had to let him out of his recovery kennel lest he injure himself. RainStorm is also battering the walls to his makeshift stall."

Shiloh sat on the floor, tears rolling down her face as Sampson licked them away. Her gray eyes looked up to Erik, filled with love for him as she held her dog close to her heart.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Erik was just getting ready to say something to Shiloh when she heard the scratching and whining. Quickly getting up out of bed and grabbing a knife, he was prepared for the worst when he finally opened the door but when Sampson came limping in, he was just as surprised and almost as glad to see the dog as Shiloh was. When Chandra explained about Sampson and even the horse, smiled as he watched Shi and the dog.

As Sampson and Shiloh had their reunion, Erik looked over to Chandra again.

”Please tell your father I said thank you. And please tell him I will be to see him within the hour. I need to know what plans have been drawn out and see where I can help.”

When Chandra left, he walked over to Shiloh and Sampson, sitting on the floor with them and petting the dog.

”We’ll go see RainStorm in a little while, You still need to rest before we think of walking that far. I’ll go see him just before I meet with Jardony and take something of yours in the meantime so he knows you’re alive and well. Promise.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Advent10Shiloh had heard Erik say something about seeing Jardony to see about plans as she held Sampson close to her. She also glowered at him when he told her she wasn't ready for the walk to the makeshift stables. Taking something of hers to RainStorm didn't make her feel any better.

"I will heal now, Erik and I WILL go see RainStorm today. By myself if need be."

Her gray eyes had that stubborn look to them as did the set of her chin. She slowly got to her feet, trying to hide the wince as wounds pulled on her back. Standing there, albeit a little unsteadily, she finally made her way to the wardrobe and pulled out a change of clothing. Loose fitting pants and a loose fitting top along with her boots. By the time she'd returned to the bed to sit down and begin to dress she was trying to breathe normally and a fine sheen of sweat had covered her, but she ignored these things as she continued to dressed. She looked up at Erik who was clearly fuming at her stubborness, which she blatantly ignored.

"I also want to go with you to see Lord Jardony and find out what the plans are. I will be a part of this Erik. I will make them pay for what they did to me, Miranda, and Chadra. You can't deny me this, Erik. Please don't deny me this."

Again, Shiloh remembered something that she'd heard when she'd been taken. Something Kryton had yelled as Chang had carried her off, but she was too afraid to ask Erik about. Afraid at what the answer would be.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Kryton10Kryton had finally returned to the compound after spending a little over a day and a half at Lord Morham's keep with Miranda. Miranda had stayed behind to get to know Morham better before returning and letting him know what she thought about the man. When he looked for Shiloh and Erik, he was pleased and disappointed to find out that they'd gone to the Varden hideout instead of here. A messenger from the Varden had come to let the 2nd in command know that they're best rider and his aide were safe and recovering.

Kryton took care of Dacia before heading to his office where he sat down and lowered his head into his hands. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he knew that the time was coming for him to tell Shiloh the truth. He also knew that it would devistate her and probably make her hate him. He also worried about what she would do if and when she found that Erik had known and had not said anything to her. Would she understand that he didn't feel it was his place? Knowing her, probably not at first.

He leaned back in his chair and heard Dacia's voice in his head.

"It will all work out....you will see. She will be angry and hurt at first, but Shiloh is a smart and strong woman. I would let Erik know first, though, before you tell her."

"You're right, Dacia, as always. I just hope she can forgive me."

His mind set, Kryton decided that he would tell her once they returned from the Varden. He would seek out Erik, speak with him then they both could go and speak to Shiloh.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda had been well fed, her wounds tended to even though they still pained her and well taken care of. She'd enjoyed hearing about Lord Morham's bronze dragon, a bull and rare breed to boot as they'd eaten dinner with Lord Kryton. She'd met the dragon later that evening and was facinated by him and his gentle ways for being a bull. But, that was all she'd seen of Morham afterwards and that was yesterday. It was the second day of being at his keep, it was the afternoon, Kryton had left to go back to the compound and Lord Morham had left her to her own devices all day. Now she was bored. Her clothes that she'd been wearing when she'd arrived had been cleaned and left for her in her room. She'd quickly donned them that morning, glad to have her pants back. She'd felt....pretty.....in the dress, but it just wasn't her. She was a fighter and had little use for dresses.

Right now, she was outside exploring the keep. Lord Morham was working out with his men in melee training and she was quite frankly.....bored. She wasn't used to having nothing to do and had tried to join in with the training with his men only to be told that Lord Morham had given orders that she was not to join in any of the training. Her green eyes had all but spit fire at them as she'd stalked off. Heading to the stables she saddled her horse and rode out. She'd show these men that a woman could fight as well as they could.

She'd spotted a group of about 10 men in the arena, riding their steeds among straw dummies set up in various points throughout the large arena, attacking with their swords only to turn and defend themselves against fellow riders who would ride at them swords drawn. They were in full armor while she was in her regular clothing, the only armor on her was her leather breast plate.

She rode in a full gallop, her horse leaping the fence as she busted though the group, taking coup on at least four of them with the flat side of her sword. She pulled her horse to a stop and turned to face the glouring men.

"If we'd been at battle, some of you would now be wounded or worse. You are not watching for those who would come at you from behind as you are preoccupied with your fight, and I a mere woman."

She had insulted them and two in particular did not take well to that.

"Then perhaps ye should try again, now that we are aware of your presence....m'lady."

The 'm'lady' was said with contempt and Miranda simply laughed at them.

"If you think you can take me, gentlemen, then you are free to try. Would you like to do this on horseback or face each other on the ground?"

She smiled when she watched the two large men dismount from the steeds and remove their helments. They were smiling as well.

"Women have no place in battle, but apparantly ye do not ken that. Allow us to teach it to ye."

She had dismounted as well, patting her horse on the rump to get him out of the way. Her green eyes turned to glass at their words and as she turned, she twirled her sword like a seasoned warrior. She chuckled at the look of uncertainty in their eyes. She backed away from them, walking in a half circle as they did the same only they were walking slowly towards her. She waited patiently until the large one, Boris, charged her and she waited until her was almost on her before dropping to the ground and rolling away. His brother, Horace, charged her then with a yell, his sword raised with she blocked with her own a loud clang resounding throughout the keep.

When both men attacked simutanously, she had her hands full blocking both as they drove her backwards, leering at her, thinking they'd won. When Boris began working his way behind her with Horace in front, she suddenly dropped again to the ground, rolling away from them. She wasn't counting on Boris expecting that, though and as she quickly got to her feet, he met her with a solid fist to her cheek, knocking her to the ground. She knew that he'd not hit her as hard as he could have, but hard enough to ring her bell. She quickly got to her feet, her eyes slightly unfocused as she raised her sword again. Blood trickled from the corner of her mouth and a new bruise forming on her cheek.

Miranda's eyes glittered as her eyes focused. She had been playing easy, but no more. When both attacked again, she moved with a swiftness that stunned the men watching and as she whirled and twisted, ducked and blocked, parried and thrust, she began to drive the two bulky men back, not allowing one to get behind her or even begin to. Within a half an hour she had both men disarmed and at sword point.

A cheer went up throughout the men who'd been watching as most had begun to root for Miranda. Boris and Horace were glaring at her as she held her sword towards their throats.

"Now, gentlemen. I would suggest that you never...never underestimate your opponent simply because they may be smaller than you or may be a woman."

The last she said dripping with sarcasm as she lowered her sword. The men surrounding them were nodding their heads and mumbling in agreement with her. Miranda resheathed her sword and walked towards her horse which was being held by one of the other men who handed her the reins smiling at her. She took the reins and mounted, slowly. As she rode out of the arena, though the gate this time, she hid the grimace of the pain she was now feeling anew from her previous wounds which battling the two had renewed. She saw a small grove of trees of about 10 ash trees and rode over to them. She dismounted and sat down, leaning up against one as her horse nuzzled her bruised cheek. She just wanted to rest a bit before taking her horse back to the stables and careing for him then heading back to the manor.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:41 am

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Trivok10

He stood silently in the grove of ash trees and watched her dismount, holding her side. He knew she was fighter and he liked her already. "You should have waited a few more days before opening that wound again in your side." Lord Mhoram surprised her as well as she twisted in place trying to pull her sword from its sheath. Lord Mhoram stepped up behind her and grasped her wrist softly, holding her still for a moment. He sniffed her scented hair washed by his maids in the spring flower blossoms. He knew she was already mated yet he stood his ground for moment more. And whispered in her ear...its ok Miranda. I will not tell anyone about your wound opening up again...but you must rest or the wound will never heal. If she comes out looking for you, and you are not healed then all that you are and all that you love will be loss.

Listen to me...Mhoram turned and stood in front of Miranda. You're too weak...Lord Mhoram put his hand on her wound...you're strength will come back to you but for now you should rest. YOU MUST REST. Lord Mhoram stepped back away from her ...its your decision.

Walk with me...I know you are restless. I know the dress was a little too much for you cuz you are a fighter...a SPITFIRE.

She was sensual in a dress as well as in leotards that stretched over her body and fit snug. Mhoram stepped back...she was precious. Let's walk for awhile, he said to her. Lord Mhoram walked beside her and waited in anticipation for her questions. Ask me a question i will answer it as well as I can.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda jumped when she heard Mhoram speak and instantly reached for her sword, pulling even more on her wound causing her to gasp. Her wrist was warm where he'd touched her. She listened to him, nodding her head in agreement, knowing that he was right and yet unable to be still. Yet, he seemed to understand.

At the mention of questions, she walked along side of him, her horse trailing behind her, thinking.

"How is it we never knew about you and Bannor? Bulls are rare, so how did you both stay hidden?"

She stopped, looking up at him, waiting for his answer when she looked down at her side and saw the dark stain spreading where her wounds had reopened.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:49 am

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Frunde10

He thought about what he was going to say to her as they walked down the path to the old chapel. He was quiet and looked toward the clouds to see if the Gods were paying attention to what he was about to tell her.

Miranda, until this week, I did not anyone as beautiful as you lived in a basecamp on the other side of this mountain. Your people live in the FORBIDDEN Land and the Lizardmen have a strong army there. They have sub terrain tunnels that exist throughout the region and stretches to the Great Swamp. Have you not heard of the story that has existed for years yet we are forbidden to speak about it for fear of the Gods. Miranda shook her head.

Lord Mhoram took her hand in his...soft spoken...I will tell my story, but only in a secret place where the Gods are not welcomed. Will you come with me...

With a nod, he entered the old structure of the chapel and walked her down the hall. He pushed opened the large oversized doors, allowing her fragrance to linger before him, then he closed the doors behind them. Please come sit and allow me to share some mead with me...this will take time to explain.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda followed him into the old chapel, wondering at the warmth she felt when he took her hand. She was a fighter and had little experience with men, but she found herself liking Lord Mhoram. She was also anxious to learn more about his story, although she didn't understand about the Gods not liking what he was going to tell her.

"I don't understand what your story has to do with the Gods, m'lord. But, I am anxious to hear what you have to say."

She sat down next to him, her side making her grimace a little. Her green eyes were turned to his as she waited.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:56 am

Pouring two mugs full of the crystal red mead, Lord Mhoram sipped the wine before starting...Perhaps I should start from the beginning so that you will understand why we fear the Gods so much. In the days before the mortals...only the Garden of the Moons rose and fell in the skies. The son of K'rul and Mowri, Trell like his father before him deposed his aged father from the Throne of Eternity. As K'rul was about to slay his father, Moranth was warned that his own son would someday depose him. In fear and greed, K'rul swallowed his first children as they were born, but Mowri tricked K'rul and when the sixth child, Trell, was born, she substituted a small rock for the infant and K'rul swallowed it down, unknowing that his father’s prophecy was coming to fruition.

Trell was hidden and raised in secret until he was old enough to fulfill his destiny. One day he ambushed K'rul while out hunting. Trell kicked K'rul in the stomach so hard the aged god vomited up the rock and the five divine, undigested gods and goddesses: Jaghut, Genabarii, Oponn, Poliel and Ruste. In gratitude, and bowing to destiny, Trell was unanimously declared leader of the immortals.

Trell made his domain the mountain top of Dragon's Grove, where he could survey and vitalize all creation. He married his older sister, the eternally beautiful Beru. Beru was the godess of Storms and She was jealous and vengeful of her husbands affections and his many love affairs with goddesses.

Mortals gave her endless worry and caused much divine wrath to be visited on the mortals which Beru descended and called for a sea monster to rise from the bottom of the sea...Treach the sea serpent caused havoc to fall on sailors as the seas rose, the sea serpent would crush ships at sea and mortals would be eaten alive.

Trell the thunderhead of all immortals, he visualized how all would live. In the golden moon age, all immortals lived as you might expect, wonderful. They extended friendship to all mortals and respect to all Immortals. They lived without disease or hardship. When it came time for them to die, they laid down to sleep and awoke as a blessed spirit, roaming the planets and doing good deeds for all the righteous souls they met.

In the silver moon age, evil weaved from under every tunnel and sub-terrain level. Immortals were not as good as in the gold moon age. This generation of immortals stayed as children for five hundred years and then, reaching their adulthood, were disdainful of their creator, K'rul, and incurred his wrath. They too, were destroyed. When Trell sent his wrath of anger amongst them and sent mortals to live amongst the immortals. After death, the immortals were transformed into good and evil spirits. The evil spirits were secondary and the underground became their saceed grounds and living quarters, they desired worship and forced many wild animals to transform into ugly unwanted beasts.

Pouring more mead into the cups, he swallowed hard and continued to speak..

In the age of the Bronze moon, The Leader, Trell drove immortals to earth to live with mortals. The goddess, Beru took advantage of this and sent her own evil magic to defend the immortals and sea serpents became land serpents that breathed fire. Fire from the once volcanic mountain, El Diablo. thus...dragons were created. Trell thought and made mortals well from the ash spear. But mortals were men of warcraft and seeked revenge of their losses at sea. They turned toward the Loresette and Academies to fight the violence thrusted at them by the immortals.

Men and Dragons became one...seeking revenge from moon age wars, riders learned to speak dragon language and dragons, took sides with the mortals. Goddess Beru was pissed, as well as the God leader, Trell. Neither expected man nor dragon beast to become one and fight side by side against the immortals. So Trell thrust a rule down to earth and said, when a rider died so would the dragon and vice-versa...and so the Legend stands today....

He laffs slightly...Lord Mhoram swallows the mead and stands back from the dying fire. He picks up more firewood, and bends over the large heart, placing he timber inside. He stands back from the fire glows...lighting up the room.

Walking over to the chalice, and he pours again the red mead into his mug for the third time since starting the story....He turns toward Miranda and sits close to her...and smiles again..

...until now. I broke the Gods rule, I saved the bronze dragon from its watery death at the Great Swamp. Its rider, Kurald Galain died there.

Lord Mhoram studied her, you have very pretty green eyes....M'lady Miranda. Your mate must watch you like a hawk ...Sliding back off the lounge...Lord Mhoram continues his story

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Bannor10

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Wed May 12, 2010 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:54 am

In my early childhood, I remember my father would tell me about the riders and the dragons, about the Goddess Beru and about Trell, the living Immortal God. He watched the mortals from the mountain-top of El Diablo, which means the devil mountain. My father was a story-teller, he told me about my great grandfather and the terrible creatures that came out of that mountain and tore his ship apart. Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Vineya10 Since then, every soldier has gone into El Diablo, looking to kill anything that lives in the sub terrain levels. The foot soldiers would be lost for days exploring the dungeons and the many hidden passages that sent men into the depths of another plane. Sub-terrain levels that lead nowhere close to the legendary 'Dragons Grove'.

Here is where my legacy begins, a forgotten tale that we do not speak about. The Bronze dragon lived and saved many sailors thrown into the sea or were in shipwrecks.

When I was a youngster, I would go fishing on a small boat along the mountain's edge. On one outing, I found an entrance at low tide and became familiar with this sub-terrain level. I would risk everything to venture into the unknown and explore the tunnels within the mountain, leaving a trail of flat stones to find my way back out each time. On my 2oth trip into the mountain from this entrance, I witnessed the sea serpent, 'Treach' attacking the rare female aged Bronze dragon. The female dragon was protecting her young under her wing. The sea serpent was ruthless and finally found a way to sink its teeth into the bronze dragons’ scaled neck, killing the mother instantly. The sea serpent continues to claw the three wyrmlings. The wyrmlings struggle to fight back and are clawed severely; two are killed and the last wyrmling is injured, I notice its a male dragon. And it manages to crawl away. With nowhere to go but down, the dragon lifts itself up and falls into a vertical volcanic airshaft. When the sea serpent's kill is finished, the sea serpent drags the killed wyrmling back to the sea. I climb down into the shaft, not knowing if the male is alive or dead. I just had to know.. to get a closer look at the beastly young dragon.

At the bottom of this massive air shaft, the wyrmling has somehow managed to crawl to safety. The dragon is weak, almost dead and its too late to leave the mountain. I build a fire from the drift wood I found and decide to nurse the wounded dragon back to health. I fish for food for the dragon and care for it for many days , each time returning to feed the wounded beast. I thought I was doing something that only riders do, befriending a the rare male Bronze dragon, and speaking to it as if he understood what I was sayiing. I even named the dragon, Bannor. When he was strong enough to leave this mountain, he left and didnt return. I never saw the dragon again.

As I grew up I became familiar with the dragon language, from witches and healers that could speak the language themselves and taught me. I knew nothing about this dragon and its whereabouts bothered me. It was a mystery.I felt I could feel what the dragon felt. I saw through Bannor's eyes what he saw while flying. I saw men being crushed by the age old sea serpent and Bannor coming to their rescue all in my childhood dreams. I kept this to myself and could sense or feel the dragon. For years, I felt this strange power and then it faded and nothing. My Father didnt believe me at first and then when it faded he thought I made it up and sent me away, off to the Loresett to Master the Sword and to grow up.

Mmmm. Miranda what do you know about the Great Swamp. Has anyone ever told you about it?

A decade later I was put into the situation, where I witnessed first hand the fight that sent us all to the Academy to begin with...a rider on the back of a male Bronze dragon were in a fight with the evil queen and the beasts she sent out through the surface of the Great Swamp. Fighting the lizard beasts, they proved to be more lethal then assumed. when the fight pursued and the rider is pulled off the back of the male Bronze dragon. Its all I can do to watch the horror. It is here where the bronze dragon is pulled into the great swamp, struggling to survive, drowning in the quicksand...something is pulling it down, the rider is dying as well.

I watched in horror...but I couldnt sit still and watch this...regardless what the Gods said. or the high priest of the Loresett. He did nothing, but only watched. We, the students were told to do nothing. I sensed something that had been forgotten and been washed from my brain while at the Academy..it was bannor. It had to be...icould feel and see through his eyes. .

Without thinking, I pull the Loresett' Priest sword from its sheath, and dive head first into the Great Swamp. I slice back and forth with unknown strength and kill the lizard beasts trying to descrete the dragon. The rider dies, but the rare Bronze dragon, freed from the Great Swamp, pulls me out of harms way and flies off again.

Legend has it that when a rider dies so does the dragon. I don’t know how, or why but for some strange reason the great Spirit saw something and allowed Bannor to survive.

I was banned to return to the Loresett Academy after rescuing the rare bronze dragon. Sworn to secracy not to speak a word of what was done, I was allowed to return. All feared that the Gods would seek revenge for what I did.

I pace the floor and approach Miranda. The fire has warmed the room and its glow moved shadows in all directions. You must let me take care of your wound for you.

---------------------------------------------

A few months pass and out of nowhere Bannor circles the castle walls, spots me in the courtyard. Bannor descends and stands before me and before my father’s army. He rears to noone and yet he reared to me, before the man who saved his life twice. All who witnessed this fall to their knees.. Bannor allowed me on his back that day and every day after that; I became his rider, to be ONE with the male Bronze Dragon. I use my long sword, pike and bow. The dragon allows no other rider on its back and our bond is inseparable.

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Bannor10
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda had listened intently to Lord Mhoram's story and was intrigued by it as well as a little confused. But, she decided to save her questions for a later time, when her head wasn't so fuzzy from wine. She was finding that she liked Mhoram more and more and this didn't sit well with her at all. She was a warrior and had little time for a man. When he commented on her eyes and then her 'mate' her eyes narrowed. She was a warrior and had very little experience with men. She had no mate and no need for one for she never knew when her life would be cut short and she had no desire to leave a mate alone and grieving for her. She also just flat out didn't know how to deal with men, period. They tended to make her nervous when they started complimenting her.

Once he was done, she stood up, startling him. She'd had three goblets of wine and was feeling rather light-headed as well as the pain in her side was becoming numb.

"I have no mate to speak of, m'lord nor do I have need of one. I thank you for the compliment and your story, but I should leave now."

Turning, Miranda headed out of the chapel, stumbling, falling into a couple of the pews by the time she reached the door.

Last edited by SinTara on Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:47 am

(Hiding his emotions...he laffed)
Laffing as she said...I have no need for a mate either. Lord Mhoram laffed even louder. I'm sorry...did you think I was implying that I was looking for a mate, Miranda. Charmimg...You are charming and spunky...I like the way you handle yourself around my men. But I am not looking for a mate either...where in my life would I have time to mate and fight my enemies. I have but one purpose and that is to defeat the evil dwellers inside that mountain and its sub terrain levels. (He felt hurt when she said that she didnt need a man in her life and he laffed to hide his emotions, for a Master of his home..shouldnt shred no tears, but the loneliness of running this castle took its toll on him and if it wasnt for the dragon, Bannor, he would have left this new world and sailed away).

PAUSING he looks at her side and notices the blood.

The wound in your side, will need to be stitched and I can thread a needle better then most of servants and men..do you trust me enough to stitch your wound. If you do nothing with it, it will get infected and you will get very sick. But that is up to you. Opening the huge door, Mhoram allows the lady warrior out. You know its funny, too have met you in the mountain, who were you fighting and why? Why are you important enough for them to want to kill you and your friend?

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Tue May 18, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda stopped at the door of the chapel at Mhoram's words of not needing a mate. She turned to face him, her green eyes blazing at him.

"You are an arrogant one, aren't you? Who said I thought that you needed a mate? Certaninly not me. As for my side, you have had too much to drink to be able to stitch me up so I believe I will seek stitching elsewhere."

She stood there, swaying slightly as she glared at him, then realized that he'd also complimented her on her fighting skills and what he'd asked her. She was still a bit light-headed from the wine and so everything now came out in a rush.

"Thank you, m'lord, for the compliment on my skill, as for why Shiloh and I were taken, I do not know but Selena, the witch, is my aunt and she is as evil as they come. She wants me and I do not know why."

Miranda then, her legs unable to hold her from the wound and the wine, sank into a pew, a foolish smile on her face.

"I should not drink wine. It does not sit well with me or I do not sit well with it......'tis one or the other.....we do not sit well with each other, I think. I do have more questions, but I would rather ask them when my head is not so fuzzy."

She looked up at him, a goofy smile on her face. Miranda was not one to drink wine like this, and definately not this much at one sitting. She was very tipsy and wondered how she was going to make it back to the keep and her room.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:56 pm

His thoughts reflect how he feels for Miranda in the short time he has met her...

My dear Miranda...tis a shame you feel that way you feel about mates and being afraid of the unknown. I know in my heart...that when the blossom awakens in you...I hope you only see me in your dreams. I will not speak or mention this to you but only hope that our friendship grows..

Lord Mhoram looks into her eyes and smiles, "Yes you are a little bit tipsy are'nt thee...I will carry thee to the edge of the woods and that way you can get your bearings. This mead does not make me wary, I can still weld a sword in battle if I need to. It does relax me in when I tell the story and speak about the gods. I will see to it that my surgeon stops by your room and stitches that wound tonight before dinner."

Miranda closes her eyes and sleep takes over...perhaps it was alittle too much wine for her, but as Lord Mhoram Lfts Miranda up in his arms, she tries to take his head off with her swinging arm..."easy my lady Miranda tis a short carry to through the woods to my castle."

He carries her down the long hall of the old chapel and out into the tree covered pathway to the castle's inner gates. She is very light and is singing a song, one that Lord Mhoram never heard of before. Smiling, he laffs with her at her silly song about red robins, butterflys,lightning bugs and blue jays in the corn fields near her home. "We're almost there Miranda". Lord Mhoram walks through the castle s inner gates and the sentry guards come to attention. Lord Mhoram carries Mirnada to his private surgeons room. She 's quiet now...sleeping from the wine and the surgeon begins to stitch her open wound.

I sit back, watch the surgeon and laff...shes right.. I do not have a steady hand after drinking this much mead. She should sleep until morning breakfast, the doctor said over his shoulder..but Im not sure how you are going to keep her still. If she moves to quickly and swings her sword in a fight, she will tear the stitches and open that wound again.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda awoke the following morning to someone humming in her room. She quickly reached for her blade that she always kept beneath her pillow to find that it wasn't there. She leapt out of bed, landing in a crouch, grimacing at the pain in her side as she pulled stitches tight with her movements. The maid, Bess, turned with a startled scream then quickly smiled. She'd been warned that this girl was a warrior and to expect her to be rather wary.

"Good morn, m'lady, I be Bess. Sorry if I woke ye wit' me humming, but I've always liked the mornin's light. Shall I help ye dress fer breakfast?"

Miranda stood then, giving the maid a small smile looking around for her clothes and blades. Namely her sword and dagger.

"I can dress myself, Bess, but thank you. Have you seen my sword...or my dagger?"

"Oh, Lord Mhoram had his weapon's master sharpen them and clean them for ye. He probably put them in his study with his own favorite sword and dagger."

This had Miranda's green eyes blazing for she did not like her weapons being far from her, especially in a place she did not know well.

"If you would gather me clothes, Bess I will get dressed and go collect my weapons before breakfast."

Bess hurried to hand her clothes, the shirt being a knew one as the previous one had been stained with blood. Once Miranda had dressed, she helped her brush out her long, copper tresses till they glimmered as if on fire, then stepped back as a very determined young woman left the bed chamber. Smiling to herself, Bess thought, ~This will be interesting to watch.~

Bess knew her lord well enough to know that he was a fair man, but everyone had noticed that the past few years had seen him become lonely. He was used to women whom dressed in dresses, cooked, cleaned.......not fight and carry swords. But, they'd also seen the look in his eyes sometimes, when he looked at the Lady Miranda and knew that he was becoming fond of her. This would be interesting indeed.

Miranda made it downstairs, searching for the study when she ran into Lord Mhoram in the main hall.

"I would like my weapons, m'lord. I appreciate you having them sharpened and cleaned, but I do not like being without them, so if you please, I would like them returned to me."

She stood there like a defiant vallkyhrie, not showing any signs of having drank too much the night before or the pain from being stitched up again, although her side did pain her.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Startled by her appearance so early in the morning. Lord Mhoram turned to greet her when she demanded her sword and dagger. Smiling...he find her impatience tolerable.

"And good morning to you, Lady Miranda. Did you sleep well?" Turning toward the breakfast room, he hoped she would walk with him. He stepped forward and she responded by walking with him...He listened as she spoke about sleeping well and no nightmares luring in the darkness.

"Lady Miranda, I wonder what urgent matter seeks thee in needing your sword and dagger while eatting breakfast?"

I have had your sword and dagger sharpen, cleaned and will gladly return them to you after a fine breakfast. Your friends await for us there. Come, do you smell the fresh eggs and bacon being cooked?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda did smell the eggs and bacon and her stomach rumbled, as if reminding her that it was empty, but she stopped anyway and laid a hand on Mhoram's arm, causing him to stop. Her gaze was unwavering as her green eyes looked into his, if anything they were almost glittering with what looked like diamond dust, the sign of untapped powers coming to life and she felt it, but didn't understand what it was she was feeling, only that she felt as if energy were welling up inside of her.

"M'lord, the weapons are mine and I wish to have them have with me at all times. As a warrior, I'm sure you understand this. In this time of uncertaintity I prefer to be prepared rather than caught with my guard down. I have my aunt to worry about as well as the Lizonians who follow her. I would prefer to have them before I sit down to break my fast."

She stood her ground, clearly unwilling to go any farther until she had her weapons back. She was feeling unsettled and this made her uneasy. Miranda had no idea that her mother had been a witch like Serena, only her mother had practiced for the good of man and dragon where Serena had turned dark, her heart know as black as a mage's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:09 am

Clicking his fingers, he looks at his First Mark and points to Miranda, "You are as stubborn as a mule, but pretty as a stallion with firey green eyes and lush red hair. My First Mark will deliver your armory to you at the breaskfast table. So does this meet your approval m' Lady Miranda?"

Lord Mhoram lifts hiis arm and waits for her to grasp his wrist and enter the dining room together. "And by the way, Lizardions and your aunt do not know where you are and they will never get past the perimeter without us kowing of their advancement. The villages patrol the borders 24 hours a day. I would also extend my training grounds to you and your friends...perhaps a match between you and I after breakfast? In that way, we can determine if you are well enough to carry your sword and dagger? If you win, then I will be in your debt, but if I win then you must at least hand your sword to my First Mark until you are well enough to challenge me again. I will allow you to keep your dagger and will give you mine as well to keep under the mattress as well as under your pillow...smiling Lord Mhoram waits for her answer."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 374df910Miranda bristled when he said that he'd allow her to have her dagger, but then she thought about it and deemed that what he proposed would be fair.

"I agree, m'lord. But, I would prefer that if you win, I will hand my sword over to your First Mark, but I want to know where it is at all times. But, you won't win, so I am not truly worried about it."

She turned away from him then and headed into the dining hall, smiling as she saw the Commander Kryton had returned.

"Commander? What are you doing back here?"

Kryton stood and gave Miranda a small smile, waiting for her to sit before sitting back down himself as well as giving Lord Morham a respectful nod.

"I returned via Lord Morham's invitation. We are going to discuss joining forces to ferret out your aunt and her minions."

Turning to look and Morham, Miranda narrowed her green eyes.

"Wounded or not, I will be a party to this. You will not leave me out of this....at least I hope you wouldn't make that mistake, m'lord."
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:25 am

" M'Lady...nothing will be done without you being part of this"

Please have a seat and may I toast to my honored guests, we do not seldom celebrate with guests at this long table for tis been awhile since we have had any guests arrive and stay here. Lifting his cup, Commander and Miranda...to a lifetime of friendship between your comrades and mine. May we fight our enemies together and defeat them as well.

Sipping his cool sweet wine, Mhoram proceeds to entetain his guests. He claps his his hands and from two sides, servants bring in baskets of breads fresh and warm from the stone ovens and fresh fruit picked just this morning. In another basket fresh cooked eggs. His guests were served first, and as they ate Mhoram answered their questions. Then the question came up on how much Mhoram knew about the dragon queen as who she was known for in this kingdom.

Smiling...Mhoram flagged his sentry. Entering from another side of the room, a soldier dressed in uniform entered, carrying rolls of script under his arm.

Opening his arms, Lord Mhoram rose from his seat... "Lieutenant Paran, this is Commander Kryton, and the pretty Lady Miranda...Mhoram winks at her and notices how reacts...must be nerves she 's fidgeting...mhoram smiles and turns his attention to his Lt Paran.

Lieutenant...show Commander Kryton and Lady Miranda the map we captured during our last sneak attack inside the mountain. Moving baskets out of the way, the Lt unravels the scripted map and lays it down on the table..

You see this, that is a new entrance on the same side that until now we had no reason to understand why the queen wanted to open up a secret passage and entrance to the north side of the mountain. No sense until we met you. Commander Kryton where in relation is this to the entrance to your compound? Miranda...you see this...Mhoram traces his finger along this line. That line splits and goes in several different directions. One undegound tunel goes to the swamp and another to the township and this one leads deep into the mountain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next