Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Ah.... thanks for that little tidbit of info, Sir Easy. We were a little confused.

Yes... we can make it to New York. The only thing you may have to modify is the length of time that Miles was in space. The reason, is that were we to travel across land for four days that could easily be an adventure in of itself, so I am going to use a sub-character to get us there.

I love sub-characters because they can really come in handy when you want to twist the story around. Salem Midvale has a plane (a fast one but it's old and probably only capable of making one flight) and he can make New York in four hours.

We just need to establish a reason for the characters to back track to the East coast.

I think I have Salem's reason for wanting to leave... which actually goes along with the zombie theme, but we need something good to motivate the main characters. Plymuth has already journeyed from the east coast, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to go back.

The idea I have is this:

The main characters will be motivated to accompany Salem because the town of Stonehaven is in fact populated with people who on certain nights transform into ghoulish zombies. Only the rangers are aware of this and have been attempting to deal with it but now they just want to get out. Salem will want to follow the 'space ship' he saw, motivated by the belief that who ever is flying it might know the way to 'real' civilization or perhaps a way off the planet.

So, necessity will drive them onboard the jet. They won't have any idea where they are going until they are in the air, and after that, there's no real way to turn around. They'll have a one way ticket to New York City.

How does that sound?
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:31 am

That sounds like a good idea and that could play outo escaping from New York after the bout with the zombies...to the spacecraft.

Or maybe your character left something of importance (like an antidote or formulas to cure a disease) or someone back in New York that couldnt travel and you go back with the idea of taking the sub character out of New York, only to find that someone turns into a ghoulish zombie like you just mentioned...
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:33 am

Four days...the idea was he was in orbit around earth. He planted the satellite in space, maybe i should re-edit the post and include the transmission to all of mankind ---open to all channels trying to reach a ham operator or satellite radio picking up his transmissions

one hour is all its going to take for the space shuttle to fly to New york

but your idea using the plane and maybe a satellite radio in the cockpit of the plane and picks up a transmission from the USS Atlantis which is open on all channels...heading to NY and Salem hears the transmission
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:24 am

Ok I re-edited both posts the first post...reduced four days to 4 times orbiting the earth in an hours time.

the second post ..added a transmission from the USS Atlantis to all of Mankind using the satellite to pass the message to anyone with their ears on. It could be an interesting post if the old plane's cockpit has a radio that noone knows it was on until static comes out of the speaker.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Sorry about the delay, I didn't get an e-mail that there were new posts
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:27 pm

No probelmo. ( a little spanish lingo there ) What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Well you guys are gonna find an exit pretty soon with the tramping of heavy booted feeted....very heavy...its a shame he can't swim to the platform could sink and walk to it then pull myself up lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:01 am

So I implemented something with Altered States that I have tried in another story. I've noticed that, sometimes after a few pages a story warrants a new chapter, but of course it's nice to at least go ten or fifteen pages before having to start another topic. So my idea is simply to designate the topics as Episodes and break them up into chapters within the posts. One need only go back to page one, to see where that chapter ends, in order to find the beginning of the next one, and so on. I think it will work out well, and it allows us to create new chapters when ever we want. If even after two pages a story takes a drastic turn.... new chapter.

All right idea?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:11 am

Hopefully my twist in the story is not too far fetched... seems like a good and quick way to get us on a plane to New York... but we'll have to fight our way there.

The zombie creatures... they're the typical undead that want to devour you. Their strength lies in numbers. The spores that transformed them requires exposure of several years. Most of the populace had matured to that point. The rangers were immune, only because for some reason their base was a safe zone against the spores which are just about everywhere in Stonehaven.

That's all I got... seemed somewhat reasonable, so I went with it.

I figure the plane will be some kind of fifteen passenger jet.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:25 am

So you did read the re-edited post I left in the storyline (the transmission from the uss Atlantis) and everybody is ok with it?

My question is...can the zombies walk in the sunlight or must stay in the dark? My thinking is the zombies are very weak in the sunlight and can be defeated only during the daytime. Whats everybody else think

Tiph

I like the idea of breaking up the storyline into chapters. I've tried to do that in Spurs and it works, only you might want to title each chptr to found a post if you are looking for references etc.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 am

Well, you're still in New York, so that's a good thing Smile 'cause that's where we're headed. I'll have to read everything over again more thoroughly when I have the time.

Zombies, would most likely have a light sensitivity. I don't think they'd be necessarily weaker in the day, just that they can barely see in bright light, so they are going to avoid it. I think if we adhere to that rule that should keep the creepy buggers in the shadows.

Good Idea, Easy. I'll make up an index as well once more chapters build up. After a while we'll probably want to start another Episode, but I am curious to see how many chapters we will build up.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

You guys will notice I gave this forum a face lift. I fixed it so that we can place forums in forums, so now Altered States and Life After the Cataclysm have been separated, they only share the character and bestiary topics.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 pm

I like the new look, Tiph. Excellent job yet again!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Thank ya. I was worried for a little while that it might be confusing, but in fact it is quite intuitive.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Phew been a while since i posted in here i think i shoved it all in what i needed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:28 am

That was an awesome post, Zack. Very descriptive!

So, the characters are currently at the junction or crossroad of an underground canal system. They're on a small slab of concrete about four by four meters, accessible only be swimming. I would say, that Rarmon has found the junction but has traveled via another passage which is above the water level.

To fit your passage, we can write that the characters on the slab will see him approaching through an open passage way, about ten meters away across the water. That would work out nicely so that we don't have to swim through the canals, although Plymuth probably wouldn't mind it. Taking the passage way back would ensure that they do not run into any of the giant rat-things.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:31 am

yeah....swim....thats a little hard for Rarmon coming in at just below a tonne in weight haha but pretty much yeah im coming in onto your little crossroad canal room with pretty pipes in it you can follow me to the light if you want then we gotta save Salem from death ><
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:44 am

For sure... sounds like a plan.

Salem is actually okay right now... he's well hidden, but the runway and their small airport is overrun with zombies and he can't get to the plane without help.

What has happened now, is that zombies are not going to revert back. They are now permanently changed as he knows it. Even if he waited for daylight, he probably wouldn't make it out of the city on his own.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:58 am

so let me get this straight...its not Salem Midvale thats stuck in the city of zombies that Miles is going to meet first its Plymouth????

I figured on writing why Miles flew into New York (Stonehaven) first ...what he was after first and then spots a thermal image of Salem. A life sign, not knowing about the zombies as of yet or your rescue attempt..
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:47 am

Nope... Salem is in Stonehaven. Miles is in New York City.

One of my original ideas to get them out of Salem was to have some strange virus transform the population of the settlement into 'ghouls'. Whether their is a relation between the Stonehaven zombies and the New York zombies is up to you. I just thought it made for a good common theme.

Eventually we will be shooting over to New York.

Yeah, go ahead with some more of Miles' story. The more we know about him and his side of things, the easier it is to 'cross over'.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: DATELINE   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 am

Is there a current stardate of both Apocalyptic Dawn and Life after the Cataclysm and a approximate date of when the nukes were dropped? Like a 100 years have passed?

I need to calculate the correct stardate(s) for my next couple of posts in Ap Dawn.

Now or Future? -I can make something up for a date in that time period that you give me without worrying too much about where it would actually fall.

Example: right now the time is 1 AM on SEP 16 2010

So the stardate for what I entered is 64207.9

and this is the Star Trek month and year for the stardate above -March 2387

According to the startrek program i have

Easy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16