Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:31 am

As soon as we get more info on the character, he'll be ready to go
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Yes, a little bit more... also need to know specifically which story he is entering.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:01 am

Hi ...

Thats what I was going to ASK, where do you need a mechanic? I was gearing toward the altered state story unless the other story is where you need a mechanic

I really want to build on this character, so let me know which direction..

Sir Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:16 am

I would say that Altered States would fit your character. If you want to build him up as you go along, then that would be alright. Since he's from 'off planet' it might be easier to do that.

First things first though... this is an Earth based, Apocalyptic story and prior to the world's population nearly being wiped out and society attempting to rebuild itself I imagine that they had off-world colonies. Realistically there may have been Martian colonies and I am sure we can assume that the moons of Jupiter would most likely be the outer most fringe of Human settlements.

I hope this is the case of your character because I personally would find the introduction of 'human-like' alien race into the story a little far-fetched. It seems more likely though that he is from an Earth colony.

Since this is an Apocalyptic story, we have to keep with the theme, and so any off-world colonies would either be aware of what happened on Earth or still pondering why a century or so ago they lost communication. Thus these colonies, if they survived have been self sufficient for over a hundred years. In Miles' case, living on the most remote of these settlements he could very well be completely oblivious to what has happened on Earth depending on if he has had any communication with any other colonies.

As one of the main themes is 'survival', you may want to consider having Miles either crash land or journey back to Earth out of necessity. Also, I would imagine that most of the off-world colonies were either military installations or had a strong military presence for security purposes, so Miles may be or more appropriately was in the service.

These are just some ideas off the top of my head. Please feel free to make Miles out to be whatever you want, but just keep him in theme with the story. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:02 pm

HI Group

thanks for the tips...will keep it in the theme. I figured I might be able to use a remote military colony that escaped the apocalyptic event. They do have some old spacecrafts like Jupiter 5 longe range transport and (military background only) Civilians wrking for the this colony (prior servicewith a top secret clearance)

Any particular area any of you want me to focus on or meet someone?

Tip ..think maybe I could use some of the ideas I had for another scific lil while ago?

Easy
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:17 pm

OK CHECK OUT MY CHARACTER

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:19 am

Ah... time travel.

The implementation of a hyper-drive able to warp space and time would set your character waaaaay in the future. I would say at least over two hundred years, since that kind of technology would not have been around at the onset of the 'event', whether a war and other related disasters occurred.

The disaster that befell the planet has long since past, and the story takes place in the aftermath. Enough time has gone by for society to restructure itself.

There are 'hybrid' people. Apparently these are experiments conducted, primarily by the military which would have been the only surviving portion of the government. Of course, what's an Apocalyptic setting without mutants! Unfortunately, realistically speaking it would take at hundreds of years before any significant mutations would occur to create that setting. Spontaneous, mutations can of course arise, but they would most likely be the result of further laboratory experimentation.

I personally do not know if the topic of nuclear 'hot zones' has ever come up but realistically there should be areas with dangerous levels of radiation.

My own character is a 'mutant'. I depicted that a powerful mutant virus produced by scientists was set free during the war. The virus greatly speeds up evolutionary adaptive mutations, and so his people who were seafaring folk began to adapt to aquatic life. Not all had the same mutations, as that's the way it commonly goes. Plymuth, fortunately looks completely Human but has many mutations that help in survive in the sea.

I personally look at all other strange mutants, perhaps being effected by this 'mutating virus', after all a virus attaches itself to one's genetic code and can cause lasting effects. If the air born virus survived by other means such as being consumed or drank in other forms, then a large portion of the population would have been effected and in those situations where the creatures had to adapt there would be spontaneous mutations occurring in the first generation.

I'm big fan of the Science in Science-Fiction, but I don't expect anyone else to love it as much as I do. This is just the way I view things to keep the universe balanced in my own mind.
Smile
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Apocalyptic Dawn is actually set approx 50-100 years beyond the holocaust that occured. The government didn't stop their experiments with creating hybrids after the holocaust happened. IN fact, they were more determined than ever to create them successfully.

Figuring the holocaust took place in present time, it was widely considered they were on the cutting edge of creating the hybrids when the horric events that caused the nuclear war to happen. The scientists that were in the underground facilities in all different places around the United States passed on their knowledge to their heirs. While the officials didn't really care for the scientists to bring their families with them, they realized they were far more cooperative when the scientists had some semblence of family life.

Any way.....now, enugh time has gone by where they have pretty much perfected their science and either moved on to other things OR have perished due to radiation poisoning, being attacked by some crazy mutant or died of old age more or less leaving the hybrids, like Kitty and Tom, to their own devices. In Plymuth's case, it sounds like the scientists in his area of the world had developed a different way of creating hybrids by giving them a 'virus'.

There are bound to be nuclear hot spots. It's inevitable when you have an all out nuclear war. Just as there will be places where the radiation hasn't gotten to yet (and may not). For instance, places in northern Canada, Siberia and other remote places like that will most likely have taken on a new roll by becoming safe havens for those who survived. And now that enough time has gone by, a new generation of those who were children of the survivors have kept the safe havens safe. With the climate changes surely to happen, I invision those extreme northern territories are now lush with vegitation and clean water.

Of course this will also lead to wide spread flooding as some of the polar ice caps will have melted but that could also be a blessing as the destruction caused by the holocaust is now buried deep under the risen waters.

I would say that if you want your character to join in, you can make it something like he was in space when the holocaust happened on some kind of long term mission to some far reaching planet and he was placed in some sort of stasis where he wasn't awakened until he came back into earth's orbit. Like they did in the movie Alien and Aliens. That would definately work for this story.

Hope this helped some.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Actually I was always curious as to how much time had passed since the end of the world as man knew it. There is also a lot of information in the 'Remnants of Civilization' topic which explains some aspects of the world and preserves descriptive posts of characters past and present.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:39 pm

ok...If I rework the post?

I believe time travel was possible but If it doent work in this storyline. No biggie.

I like RP idea and will rework that angle

The vessel Im portraying isnt that far advanced

It like the FIREFLY series vessels
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:06 am

I agree with keeping the technology toned down. Zack's characters are good representations of what would have been state of the art technology at the time of the war. If you follow suit, and have your guy the pilot/mechanic of some deep space mission to the Jupiter moons prior to the war (or something like that) you could have his return go awry and thus have him drifting out in space while in stasis for seventy five years or so. Eventually by a stroke of luck the ship could orbit near Earth and engage an auto-landing feature... yadda, yadda, yadda...

This way your space traveler would not be too out of touch with the current characters. He'd naturally remember Earth the way it was, and the surviving technology would be familiar to him.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:27 am

alright.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:30 am

I feel special...or at least the most advanced techno in the joint at the mo lol...and we arn't toys in technology we still have a little bit of humanity...if having a brain counts geek
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:00 am

I actually like how Zack in incorporates some homor and some past, faded memories into Rarmon's character. It lets the reader realize the core of the tech merc is still basically human and has not lost ALL of his humanity to the machine.

Sort of like what the last chapter of the Terminator series of movies went. The last Terminator was some sort of technologically advanced human core and in the end retained his humanity to the machines chargrain.

But Tiph's idea of the space ship returns going awry would work perfectly. Maybe you could play it off that something happened to the computer guiding the ship back to earth when the holocaust happened that sent the ship careening back into space for an extended period of time and when his ship got close to earth again some other computer locked onto his signal and is helping to guide it back. It's not too far fetched to have people who have leanred to use what technology surivived AND enhance it to boot.

Remember, in the first Alien movie, the crew was awakened from their stasis by Mother because she was picking up on a destress signal from the plante she was approaching. Maybe you could do something like that with this part of the story. His on board computer took over and perhaps adapted (because it was an advanced AI system?) and taught itself how to work the ship and fly it's crew back home.

I'm just throwing suggestions out there.

I'd like to get this story going again. I've missed playing Kitty. She's one of the most challenging characters I have.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:39 am

That was an advertisement we didn't need so I deleted it. If that user does that again, I'll ban them and remove their account.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:45 am

I was wondering what that was. Thanks RP
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:35 am

would be brilliant to get this going again especially as ive got my mind on the right track of playing mechs again
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:43 am

We'll see if we can get things rolling in here again, Zack.

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:07 pm

so is my character good to go or no...????

Looking forward in getting this character playing.

REVVVVINNNGGGGG my engine What a Face Arrow
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:55 am

And now we submerge ourselves in the madness to come muahhaha..."Let's get them good!" In the mighty words of the wise geek
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:08 am

LOL

Indeed!!!
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:04 pm

ok Ill post tonite when I return from my knights of columbus meeting

Easy
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:22 pm

not sure where to tie into the story?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:01 am

Understandable.

I have just alluded to an escape route that will take the characters into an ancient underground water way. I suggest that where ever it ends up is where we run into your man. It may even be more believable if he locates some old water works building or something that offers passage into the sewer system.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that Miles would just feel like exploring a dark labyrinth. Somehow he'll have to hear or perhaps detect something to spur him on.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 am

If you set something up we can work toward you in a believable manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next