Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 am

agreed...something will cause him to investigate the waterworks ...

I'm going to write in the story that as he's investigating the occurence that the planet will remind him of the old Planet of the Apes movie

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:58 am

I suggest that this be the last the group sees of Gavin. Beyond the grate there could be a labyrinth of canals and tunnels in which the group could easily become separated. Perhaps we'll seem some carnage left over... a few rat bodies, but no Gavin.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Seems a good place to me as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 pm

I figured I would write my post that way which allowed Tiph the opportunity to expand on it so Kasai can either use this as the opportunity to take a break from this thread or perhaps something else for him.

Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:30 pm

I picked up on that... Wink

So the characters have to make it through, the hole in the grate to escape. The idea is move the frenzied rats away, or at least closer to the surface of the water, then they have to carefully swim under the water without alerting them. The smaller ones can squeeze through the opening.

There's a breathing space on the other side of the grate, but who know's how long the canal will flow before it opens into an area with some walkways or ledges.

I am also thinking that this canal might flow into some giant cistern or something... a giant filter... just a thought... it can go anywhere we want. I am impartial.

We should, however, end up in some sort of old Water Works plant so that Easy's character, Miles can hook up.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

I follow your idear, Tiph. Sounds like a good one too. And the best place for us to meet up with Miles.

My guess would be his sensors have picke dup on some uncontaminated water he can use for drinking which will lead him to that locale.

But first we gotta make it past the rat farts.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:08 am

What happened to Salem Midvale...I thought he went to investigate the airship reported incident?

Still looking for away to hookup with Salem midvale or Plymouth...which one do I not want to hook up with?

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:54 am

Midvale's a sub-character that I created to stir things up back in the town of Stonehaven and because the we're moving on westward, to Lake Tahoe, the plot line surrounding him fizzled out.

Miles should attempt to meet up with Plymuth and the Hybrids. The best way to do this is to continue on with your own story and eventually they will cross over. At least that's way I generally do it. I find the transition is smoother when a character has some 'story' under their belt.

You still need to establish some sort of story line in the water works where the characters currently are. It can be any sort of setting really, so long as it seems a logical place that our characters might pass through.

Right now, the Hybrids are tagging along with Plymuth who on his journey from the East coast, encountered many non-humans and humans who were going to a mystical place called Tahoe. They say that there is a great man there... a Messiah.

Plymuth's curious and he's encountered a few things that has given him some faith so that's where he's going... at least that's a final destination, there are plenty of adventures to be had along the way.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:42 am

ahhh ok..and a lil quote added by John Lennon

Life happens when your busy making other plans

so I certainly dig what you're saying here

I certainly can make other plans using the waterworks as a base but add a twist

If you dont object, I think Im going to use the theme of the planet of the Apes to add a thriller of sorts

Is that ok???

Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:26 am

Y'know I really think the 'Planet of the Apes' would provide an awesome setting. The movie became a common theme in apocalyptic settings. In the other story we even have an ape man.

The general premise here is that Hybrid's, which are the result of Human experimentation prior to and after the cataclysm, are free to roam the Earth. Naturally their is dissension between them and their former Human captures, but I was depicting that back in Stonehaven a settlement had formed... probably not in the theme of things really... so we're moving on from that.

It's best to view the world as sparsely populated and full of creepy new life forms.

Now, we all know that it is very unlikely that the radiation from a nuclear war would produce significant mutations, even in a hundred year span. So, what I kind of came up with was that a mutating virus got released into the environment. It originated in the U.K. and spread from there. The idea behind the virus was that it was a vehicle to carry strands of Hybrid RNA and effectively began to transform other life forms. Why? Why not... scientists just seem to screw with nature because they can. Guess they gotta do something with that grant money.

The idea behind my ICHTHYO-SAPIEN character is that his people were infected with the virus and an evolutionary transformation was accelerated a thousand fold.

It seems a plausible idea for a mutant world and one that Miles could probably wrap his head around.

In accordance with this theory, it WOULD make perfect sense that primates, especially would evolve very quickly and we could very well have 'highly intelligent' apes on our hands. Of course the one thing I've always disagreed with is the role they placed gorillas in. Gorillas, of all the primates, are least likely to turn aggressive. It is the Chimpanzees we'd have to watch out for, they are VIOLENT. Not the Bonobos though... they're lovers, not fighters. albino
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Well cool.... I think I will use the Planet of the Apes theme...and agreed if we choose to use the gorillas they will be the tamer primates. Theres plenty of different sceneros to choose from.

For now...Miles is going to run into the ZOMBIES (remember that movie) mutants above ground.

..he gets back in spacecraft and takes off looking for civilization and a food source.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You're right lots of adventure sceneros. I believe in order to cross paths the underground waterworks might have to have a cave in or be connected to the subways. But for now ill build my story...I will need to add maybe a couple of sub-characters in addition to miles. Do they BIOS?

Sending a few jpegs to use currently in the next couple of postings

Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:09 pm

The Zombies that worshiped the 'rocket'? Can't really remember, doesn't matter much anyway, I LOVE Zombies!

Yeah. Just make sure the Zombie encounter is in some sort of building that we could somehow link up to. It shouldn't be difficult since we can have the underground canals go just about anywhere and link up to sewers if needs be.

Sounds very cool.

We'll just forget about Salem Midvale right now.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Soooo, Sir Easy, Plymuth and the Hybrid's (sounds like a band, eh?) within the underground canal system would have been near his ship and now Miles has taken off and headed Eastward.

When he first landed I had assumed his was nearby, which is why Salem had seen him. So we are going to completely disregard that location then?

Right now the characters are in Utah.

Do you want to head to the East Coast? I have a plan of how the characters could get there... it will be a little far fetched but I think it could work.

What's the plan?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:03 pm

My questions exactly.

We played it so Miles' spacecraft was seen by some and heard (or felt) by others. (Kitty in particular felt something rumble the ground when she was hiding from the men in Stonehaven.)

And now he's fired up the rocket and headed to the east coast?

Right now, the main characters are in Utah.

Can you please clarify what's happening?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:27 pm

So, Easy you're no doubt heading to the East coast to play out a specific scenario, which is cool. We just need to know whether or not to shift our characters Eastward or not. If so, it's not a problem... like i stated before I have an idea that RPM and Lac would probably be on board with. We wouldn't get to the east coast quite as fast as Miles, but we'd get there in one trip.

Let us know, eh? I don't want to jump the gun and make a major shift in the story without knowing what direction we're going.

An idea, I can see forming though, from the arrival of Miles, is that all people existing in this apocalyptic world, whether they are pure strain human, hybrid, or mutant, have for some reason developed an immunity to high concentrations of residual radiation. They can tolerate it... but Miles coming from the future has not adapted. A cool concept.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Guess who just clambered out the whole of working society and finally decided to leave his job as they kept moving me abroad and stuff even though they promised they wouldn't do that again since my last what 6 month kickage into Siberia but yes I am back on the plot so howdy guys Rarmon and Jack Carver might be having a come back ><
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Oh, no! He's back! Hide the malt liquor!

Malt liquor?

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about... obviously neither did the company you were working for.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:04 am

Aye HIDE YOUR MALT LIQUOR! no reason why its not like i want to drinking it all or anything Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Kinda lame post, but it was the only way I could think of to get Gavin back into the group from wandering around on his own. alien
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Not lame in the least, welcome back, good to see you posting again. We have missed you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Thanks, it's good to be back ^_^ I missed you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:38 pm

YOU BOTH ARE BACK!!

YAY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:45 pm

Maybe like just maybe we will get socks back on here as well just have to tempt him in somehow Razz
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:22 pm

That old pair of Socks is welcome in any drawer he wishes.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Tiph,

I know we've thrown this idea out there now Im actually ready to proceed. Going to write about the Zombies that (my character ) is going to run into in New York...are all the characters going to meet there????

Im going to write what I've seen,,,in the days proceeding his flight back in space. When he goes back to his spacecraft to sleep that night. Here's the idea Im kicking around for the travel logs...
The Swiss Alps and Rio De Janiro, Brazel are islands.
Mt Fiji, Mt Shasta and Mt Everett are erupting.
The north and south poles have melted.

I figured on writing about seeing the effiel Tower (Paris) submerged as is most of Europe.
The west coast of the united states and canada From British Columbia to Seattle to Portland to Eugene to San Francisco to Los Angeles to San Diego to Alcupoco are underwater.
The shoreline is east of downtown Sacramento to Bakersfield in Cal.

* The idea of the Planet of Apes...the Sierras surrounding Mammoth Lakes south Kings Canyon central (Fresno) to the north is the region between Ape Tribes. The Lake Tahoe region is where all of mankind lives equal to each other . They (the Apes) were washed ashore years ago when the oceans submerged Africa and Europe. Theres a constant border war ongoing...Miles craft is going to crash in the Mommoth Lakes...eventually.

Can we meet up in new York or do you want me to edit the post for another big city???

Easy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next