Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED

Go down 
+6
Kynnzak
Tiphereth
KasaiYoukai
Admin
Lac'Nal
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:39 pm

My thoughts exactly. As for finding her quickly, I was thinking that when she didn't call the following day, as promised, then the search would begin. It will be a day or two before she uses the animals to her advantage for Frank will keep her from using it through mind battles and killing the poor critters when they get too close to him or Morgan. Hence forth, it will be at least the day after tomorrow, storyline time, before she's found or escapes. Haven't decided yet if she's going to kill Frank or just put him out of commission for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 am

I modified Toril's and the Devil's time line. They should now reach the Green Street Safe House at about, 11:45 am of the day that everyone arrived. Sigma should make it back a little after 1:00 pm, give or take.

Have any of you guessed what the picture is of? I am just throwing some things out there but I have got an idea of who murdered Silicone Surfer. YES. Murdered! Twisted Evil

But nothings written in stone, depending on the posts anything can happen. It will be fun to see how this investigation evolves.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Cowboy and Totem... What a team!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:30 am

I'm keeping track of Silicone Surfer's murder investigation by posting any pertinent information in her character post. Thought it might be easier to follow that way.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm

I'll wait until everyone's time table is closer to around midnight before posting for Morgan and Frank, unless it would be okay to go ahead.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:51 pm

I would wait so there's less confusion, Sin.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Yeah, sometimes you just have to wait.

Toril, Bronze Devil and Sigma are in the future as well right now. I can't do anything until the time line catches them up.

Just part of collaborative writing. The events that we write are pretty much never going to fall perfectly in syn unless we are all in the same area. One of the reasons I wanted to implement the time tags was for just this type of thing. For the sake of realism, we have to be aware of where our characters are on the time line, and it's easy to do that if you make a tag on your posts so that you can easily look back and know without a doubt where they are in relation to all the other characters.

One thing that might be beneficial once in a while, is for either myself or RPM to every so often, write a recap-post. Regardless of how much time elapses, sometimes we generate a lot of shorter posts that build up inbetween those posts that may have encompassed the general settings of what started everything off. (if you can understand that.) A summary is kind of nice to throw in just to bring everything together.

I nominate myself and RPM for this, only because we have similar writing styles and have both written summaries before. Like I said, though, they don't have to occur too often, just once in a while when we have long stretches of dialogue. How does that sound RPM? Everyone else?
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm okay with it.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Sounds like a very good idea, Tiph.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:10 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Wellllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .........
Yea it is fine with me. Sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Cool. I am working on a summary right now. (a dry run of the idea). It'll give me something to do until it's a 11:30 or so and Toril and Bronze can roll into the scene.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:35 am

So that's what I had in mind for the summaries. It's nice once in a while to have a break in the story and a recap provided as a sort of reset to keep things on track. When a recap is posted, depending on who made the post, RPM or me, but then either of us can add to it if something pertinent to the story has been forgotten.

I only wrote in things that are story lines that can be elaborated on. I did not mention Shinnigami, but he hasn't been forgotten, I am just waiting for a good opening to have him re-enter the story. As I stated before, this change of location for all the characters would have definitely thrown him off the trail. Right now the characters are off the radar.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:14 am

It was a perfect summary. I'll be glad to write the next one.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Yes, nice summary! I feel like we gathered a bunch of loose ends and stuck them on a clear track.

Oh, and thanks for picking up Grey alien
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:35 pm

No problem. Smile Thanks for the opportunity. Stefan will present Grey with an offer, but it's up to him whether or not he'll accept it.

Also, I am thinking that Chicago, which has always been known for it's mobsters, will most likely have a family connected with Grey's New York Boss. Am I right? Please, don't let my little story line over shadow Grey's problems with the mob. We can link them up, maybe even have a meta-human villains versus human mobsters. That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Just read the last post. Awesome job as always RPM. Wraith and Bronze will hopefully arrive this afternoon (real life time).

I also have another idea I will introduce soon. You guys will love it. There's going to be a lot of meta-human villains to deal with and this city will soon be crying out for the return of the SUPER-HEROES!
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks...I thought it was time to bring everyone together for a reunion. We can figure out what to do from there.

o.O

Sounds like a lot of fun to me!!!

Bring it on, you crazy Canook!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:31 pm

I like to say the cold weather is effecting my brain, but we are experiencing an uncharacteristic heat wave!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:38 pm

As ignorant as this sounds, let me know when it's okay to post for Frank and Morgan so that we don't become confused with a massive time difference. I may just do one long post, get everything done in one shot then wait, if that's okay. If not, I'll break it up into mulitple posts. And, did Yelena get the call from Morgan yet or am I having a brain fart and missed it somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Well it's best to let time catch up at this point. So I would wait.

You can make one long post if you are sure that no other characters have the potential to interact with the situation you are writing. In Morgan's case, she told Yelena she would check in the next day, with I am assuming is now, the 22nd. So, by late afternoon people should begin to worry, but realistically no one would panic until the next day when there was still no world. Yelena and Tim, who are closer to Morgan might, jump the gun, but even so I would say that Morgan is going to be alone with Frank until the next (Saturday the 23rd).

So in this situation you can make a monster post and then leave an opening at a believable point where another character might enter the scene to help. We will then work toward that point, while we write the investigation part, where the characters are searching the city.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:51 pm

Okay, thanks Tiph. I will get it written down then get it posted. It's quite possible that by the time I get it together, as I have finally figured out that I should try to write things down whenever I can first, it will be the afternoon of the 23rd in Heroes time. LOL
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Don't worry. We won't go past a certain point of the day, until you have made your post.

I know I sound like a broken record but this is Collaborative STORY Writing, and for the most part we add to the story and then await and see what other writers will contribute. If we have to wait a day or longer then that's just the way it is. That is the reason we tend to have multiple characters and are involved in more than one story.

For most part you SHOULD be keeping yourself apprised with the story as a whole and placing your posts at the most opportune times for everyone so that they enhance the story or significantly add to your character(s).

We enter a role playing mode when our characters are in conversation, especially when it is simply idle chit chat. This however, is not the dominant style, but merely the best way to allow the characters to interact and exchange information, most of the time we should be concentrating on writing the story, just as you are doing right now with Morgan and Frank. What you do have to establish, are what I call 'webs'. In situations where someone is abducted you have to consider other people passing by who might notice something's awry. A garbage man might happen by and see Frank, and think to himself, that guy's out of place and then think nothing more of it. By writing this you have just spun a web, and another writer now has the option to swing from it. The can write that their character, who is canvasing the neighborhood bumps into this garbage man, or they just happen to be at the pub where they over hear the guy telling his story to a friend.

These are just some ideas, that can enhance your posts.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Ohhh, okay. Small things, yet very important and things that I haven't been putting into my posts. Thank you. I didn't even think of anything like a garbage man, drunk, or even a gang member or something like that passing by. Again, thank you for pointing this out.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Once again though, that's only if you are indeed looking for a rescue at this point. You have to time such things otherwise the cavalry can come into too quickly. If you do drop a bread crumb and want to do some more posting, then let us know in OOC and we'll wait before we act by prolonging our search.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Okay, thank you for the advice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next