Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 11:13 am

The private jet carrying the group touched down softly in Salt Lake City. As Annette had promised to Kain, a vehicle was waiting for him, with a driver. Kimiko exited and with a ting of regret looked at the vehicle. She had to be honest with herself, she had the slightest wish that Kain would be accompanying them the whole time. Though she was certain of his return, there was always the lingering possibility he would not.

She watched as Carla stood with him by the car and said her good-byes. She didn't seem sad, but she certainly didn't seem approving either. Of course Kimiko could not hear the conversation, she could only read the body language from where she was, and body language could be faked well enough.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 KimikoBanner

As Kain climbed into the car and left Kimiko walked over to Carla and spoke softly as they watched the car disappear around a long corner, "No matter how long people know one another, it is always difficult to say good-bye."

She looked at Carla and smiled, "Whatever the nature of your relationship with him, no matter what you are feeling, we will be waiting for his return together."

It was odd, what she said. There was an implication, as if something was missing without him, not just for her, or Carla, but in a more over arching way. She tilted her head slightly and looked Carla right in the eyes, "Are you alright?"

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 EanBanner

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 LexyBanner

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 EanBanner

As the siblings deboarded from the aircraft to stretch and get their bearings Ean looked at the pilot, "So what's the plan?"

The pilot looked at him and huffed slightly, "Well, we sure ain't in California yet."

Elizabeth groaned and stepped forward, "You mean there's more flying to do?"

The pilot looked at her and spoke through a laugh, "Well, unless you feel like walking the rest of the 736 miles, yeah there's more flying to do."

She frowned at the man's less than sympathetic response and looked at Lexy, "Oh sister."

The pilot noted her expression and hadn't meant to be rude, "Hey, it's not so bad... it's only about an hour and thirty minute flight from here."

Lizzy looked up at him, not reassured and he smiled, "I'll take it easier on the take-off this time, how's that?"

She smiled in return and nodded, "Well that's a start."

He looked over the four of them, Ean, Lexy, Liz and Aurora and spoke, "We have some time, about thirty minutes. We need to do a flight check and let the crews refuel the aircraft. Go over to the hanger, there's always some ginger candies, they tend to help settle the stomach."

Lizzy smiled warmly and nodded, "Thank you."

He tipped his hat and smiled at Lexy and Aurora as the four of them made their way to the hangar area. It was comfortable, plush leather chairs, a large television, many nice amenities to make the stay comfortable, even if it was temporary. Only a few minutes after they got there Sionn entered.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 SionnBanner

he was somewhat sullen and downcast. His eyes showed a lack of sleep and he went right to the hot beverages area and made himself a cup of tea. Ean excused himself and walked over, "You alright lad?"

Sionn looked up and nodded, "Oh aye... just a wee bit of jet lag."

Ean looked at him and nodded, though he didn't seem convinced, "Aye, but you seemed to sleep a lot."

Sionn looked up at him, the dark circles under his eyes were puffy, "I closed my eyes old friend, but I did no sleep."

Ean nodded and spoke, "Lexy has something that might..."

"No thank you Ean, I will be fine. I just need to sleep a wee bit."

Ean smiled and patted him gently on the shoulder, "Well if you need anything, just let me know."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich frowned as he closed the book she only glanced heavy runes rather than script as he patted the book lovingly before he flicked at the pages like a deck of cards opening at random she saw what at first seemed a bird on the page then turning to the next she realised it was a full report on dragons.

"One of my Ancestors was obsessed with dragons...." He held the train of thought as he tapped the page tracing the heavy runes that obviously were writing in some iron age he closed the book.

"With all his research we only found more darkness and evil from dragons as beautiful as they are they are a bad omen in most religions, cults, ideologies for a reason they brought many calamities." He was silent now as he tilted his head her curiosity still not fed as he shrugged. "I only pray none come upon our path." his bit said as he smiled hoping she wouldn't ask some childish question that she looked ready to ask like if he had met one before or if they existed still for that part as he took a deep breath and watched them descend to Salt Lake City.

On landing he stayed in his seat letting everyone leave before he finally stood making his way to the door to stretch his limbs missing the farewells given to Kain but he watched the car pull away and looked among the others he looked back to Carla as he had thought her simply blissfully unaware of what she was getting into as she had been in the 'Human' World he smiled though at least she was kitted appropriately now as he slowly walked down the steps his legs enjoying the stretch as he made his way to sit outside the hangar licking his lips as he watched the ground crew work and check the plane.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Eba0k1

“What’s out here anyway?” Carla asked Kain.

Kain sighed, “I could tell you and it wouldn’t make any difference. It won’t take long.”

“How long?” She wanted to know.

“What I need doesn’t have to take more than an hour or two. How long it will actually take to get back to you? I could get delayed on my end and it depends on where you all end up going. We’ll keep in touch and coordinate as necessary.”

“You’re going to stumble into a bee’s nest just like you did the first time.” Carla thought.

“I don’t think it’ll get to that.”

“Have a safe trip.” Carla said, knowing she couldn’t do more than air her concerns and carry on. Kain wouldn’t change his mind all of a sudden anyway.

“You too.” Kain said, “Listen to Kimiko if anything goes wrong!” He called after her and though she heard she didn’t let it on.

She joined Kimiko and looked for the last few moments before the car drove out of sight.
“It’s not the goodbye, it’s the uncertainty. Where is he going? Where are we headed? This just doesn’t feel right that he’s not heading the same way.” Carla thought and looked at Kimiko. Then she asked whether or not she was alright.

“I’m good. I just wish things were less complicated for all of us. Though, in a way this makes things easier. We can all focus on the druids now.”

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 LQUnhE

“Where to, sir?” The driver of the overly large car asked as soon as the door closed.

“So you’re going to take me wherever I ask you to go?” Kain wondered.

“That’s what I’ve been told to do.” The man answered.

“I really don’t need the service, and though I’d prefer to find my way alone, I guess there’s no point.”

“You’ll hardly know I’m here, sir.”

“You know that’s not what I mean. Your employers will figure out where I’m headed whether or not their driver tells them or their car gets tracked there or through any number of other means.”

“I’m not-“

“I don’t need to hear it, just head for Twin Falls.”

“… Right away.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 KimikoBanner

Kimiko looked at Carla and smiled. It wasn't a sympathetic or patronizing smile, it was a real, warm, friendly smile, one unlike anything Carla had yet to see her give to anyone. She inhaled deeply and spoke, "Sometimes uncertainty keeps us focused, if we know what's going to happen we relax and prepare for one thing, if we are uncertain we stay on alert and we are better prepared to respond appropriately to anything that might come our way."

She looked again at the waning cloud of dust left by the vehicle and spoke without looking at Carla, "Walking alongside a Punkie will keep you constantly questioning what they do, and maybe even why you are beside them. There is a magnetism about them, it's not erotic or infatuation necessarily, it's more the pull to know what they know, and they rarely tell you. I don't know how much Kain has told you, but those of his race carry every memory of every ancestor that ever lived before them. Each one of them is a walking history of their family, and every day of life they add to that story, and then pass it on to their offspring. As you can imagine this means they carry every burden, every triumph, every thought, every mistake, every bit of shame... everything."

She turned and looked at Carla, "The tapestry of his family tree certainly contains something of heavy concern for him or he would not have chosen to take this detour. We may most likely never know, for Punkies rarely share the details of their heritage, except with those they come to fully trust. As you can probably imagine each one holds a myriad of things they may not wish to share with just anyone. To have a Punkie chose to include you in their life story is quite an honor, but to have one open that book of knowledge to you is a rare, rare gem. Maybe that is the allure of their kind, the task of finding favor."

She smiled and listened to Carla about wishing things weren't so complicated. With another friendly smile she spoke, "Perhaps it will makes things easier, or perhaps it will add more complexity to the web... only time will tell. One thing I can most certainly assure you of however, if Kain does intend to come back, and I think he does, he WILL find us." Carla looked at her and the question was spoken in her face before she ever said the words, "Punkies just... know how to find those they want to find."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 AuroraBannerAurora groaned at the thought of flying again, molding herself even tighter into Ean's side.  Beau was walking around stretching his long wolf legs while Eryn flew about stretching her wings with Whispy.  She would get through this....she was just terrified of heights and flying for her was the worst.  She looked up into Ean's concerned yet gentle eyes and smiled.

"So long as you keep your strong arm around me, Ean MacGregor, I will be okay.  Just don't let go, okay?"

Beau gave a wolfish snort at her words, giving her a wolfish grin before shaking his head, ~You are such a big baby.  You're going to face that which none of us have ever faced before and your scared of flying.~  

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 The_li10
Lilly watched as Dietrich made his way down the stairs, his large form making the stairway look tiny compared to his large form.  She was liking the Norseman more and more as she got to know him better.  He had a dry sense of humor and like her was somewhat of a loner.  She gave him a smile then turned to stretch her own legs, looking forward to flying again and picking out more shapes in the clouds, until she saw Sionn and her smile turned to a frown.  She still held feelings for the fara.

Lilly had noticed how Sionn was looking and even though she was keeping her distance from him she grew concerned and walked over to him, lightly touching his arm and drawing his attention to her pixie like her face, her eyes showing their concern and a little more for him.

"Sionn...wha' is it?  Something be troubling ye....I can see it.  Wha' can I do tae help?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: