Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 BloodscaleBanner
Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 BranchBanner

As his Chief approached and placed her hands on his wounds, Blood’Scale felt exhilarated by the cold of her touch as it flowed through him.  Branch stood off to the side and behind the scouting group, she was proud to watch Pela extol Blood’Scale so greatly and when she made her declaration about his actions, referring to him as “mighty warrior”, her heart was swollen with joy. Branch had learned in her time with the Nethermen that there were certain ways of referencing one another which bestowed honor. To be called “mighty warrior” was indeed an honor but for the Grand Chief to do it was an honor among honors, and if Nethermen could blush she was certain beyond a shadow of doubt that Blood’Scale would be doing so right now.

The silence which engulfed the entire town as Pela burned the two hearts of the fallen was reverent and respectful, and as the smoke ascended into the sky Blood’Scale let out a mighty whoop and pounded his hand against his chest armor.

Finally the Grand Chief went to Sir Thomas and their exchange caused many to prepare to leap in and protect her, not that she needed it, but their instinct to defend their Chief came just the same. As she gagged him with ice and then made her declaration over him, offering him to Blood’Scale, the Netherman bowed his head respectfully, “You honor me by offering me the living flesh of my enemy to serve me my Chief.”

Turning to look over his shoulder at Sir Thomas his grin was deep and full of thought, “We have stalls that need mucked, perhaps that is where he can start serving the commonwealth of our great nation.”

Sir Thomas ground his teeth though he did not realize it was not horse stalls to which Blood’Scale was referring but pig stalls, which was a loose term for massive pens full of med and feces. He gestured to two of his soldiers and spoke, “Clamp him in irons in case he decides to get clever and attempt an escape, stake him in the center so he can’t even allow the thought to cross his mind, I will check on him in four candle ticks.”

Turning to Pela he spoke, “My Great Chief Ice’Rock, with your permission I will leave to clean up after our expedition.”

Ice’Rock offered her blessing and Blood’Scale dismissed his soldiers. As Pela approached Branch, the Elf smiled warmly and returned the hug offered to her with a tight embrace. She responded with a smile, “It would be Branch’s pleasure to speak with hers Chief this eve.”

She leaned forward, touching Pela on the shoulders and kissing both her cheeks before stepping back and retiring to her own domicile so she could clean her self up.

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 CeriBanner

Ceridwyn rolled over in her bed and gently laid her arm over Aeolis. He had finally been sleeping better over the last couple nights as the strength returned to her body, so too his willingness to sleep and not watch over her for entire evenings returned. She was still weak, but her strength was returning daily. She rolled in and kissed him ever so gently on the cheek, placing her lips against his skin as if it were the most delicate rose petal. He roused slightly and his eyes flickered under their lids, but he did not awaken.

With a soft smile she slipped out of their bed, put on her robe and silk slippers, and walked on rubbery legs out onto the balcony. The air temperature was perfect, as it usually was in Silvanost, and she stared at the Hall of the Stars. Though the Elves had been working diligently since Piramay made her presence in the city known, there was still substantial damage that needed to be repaired, it would take years before things were completely back to normal.

Inhaling deeply, Ceridwyn felt her eyes well up slightly and she let out the breath through a shuttered moan. How could she allow herself to be tainted in such a way? How could her mind be completely overwhelmed as such? She could still hear Piramay’s laughter echoing through her brain, as if the woman was doing it into her ear at that very moment. She closed her eyes and squeezed her hands on the delicate railing so tightly that the back of her hands started to go even more white than her naturally pale skin. By the gods, she would see this fixed. She would find a way to fight this, and repair the damage that had been done.

Opening her eyes she looked again at the hall through her tears. Yes, steps would need to be taken, and there was only one place to start. She spoke to the winds, allowing her words to be carried to her friend, “Rayann, my Princess, may we meet for lunch, I have a matter I would very much like to discuss with you.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Pela

Pela watched Branch retreat as well as Blood’Scale. It was going to be a long night of celebrating once again and she couldn’t help but smile and shake her head.  She felt the warmth of Olwa’s hand close around her cool one and she turned her blue gaze to his and smiled even more.

”A’melamin…..it is going to be yet another long night.  I hope you were able to steal a few winks of sleep today.  You will need it.”

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Aeolis

Aeolis felt the feathery touch of Ceridwyn’s lips to his skin and he sighed contentedly.  It had been weeks since he was able to sleep so restfully and now that he was certain his love was indeed on the road to recovery, he reluctantly gave in to the sleep his mind and body demanded of him.  Even now as he tried to pull himself from his slumber he found it near impossible.  After a few seconds he settled back down into a peaceful sleep.  All was right in his world at present so there as no reason to worry about anything.

For now.

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 RayannRed

Rayann was just stirring from a peaceful nights slumber and regretfully pulling herself form Myth’s warm arms when she heard Ceridwyn’s voice on the wind.  Sliding into her robe and slippers, she glanced back at the massive form of Myth and the wash of red hair in their bed.  For a moment she considered crawling back into the warmth of their bed with him but signed all the same and slipped quietly out of their bedroom.  

Moving to the balcony and feeling the awakening of the city wash over her, she smiled at the gift of the new day that had been given to all of them and looked towards Ceridwyn’s home.  Letting the wind carry her voice back to her dear friend, she spoke to Ceridwyn in kind.

”Why are you up so early and already planning your day?  You are to be resting, healers orders.  Of course we can meet.  I would love nothing more than to visit with you.”

There was a playful mirth in her words yet a solid truth as well,  But Rayann knoew Ceri and she knew when the Elfess set her mind to something, there was no changing it.  Or her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Ceridwyn smiled as she saw the blood red of Rayann’s robes. Even from this distance the look of them stood out like a spot on the snow. She responded softly, “Thank you my Princess, I will see you at noon.”

She walked back into her room and saw Aeolis turn slightly in his slumber. A soft smile crossed her lips and she went into the bathing quarters of their home so she could clean herself and relax in a hot tub.

The morning passed quickly for Ceri, and when Aeolis did finally awaken she sat with him on the balcony, “I am going to see the Princess for lunch, she and I have matters to discuss.”

He looked at her with furrowed brows and was about to speak when she raised her hand and continued, “I assure you I am strong enough to go to the gardens and sit under a pavilion. You are my husband, and I respect that, however life does not end just because one is viciously invaded in the mind by an evil Sorceress.”

The playful tone on her voice caused Aeolis to crack and he smiled, “I assure you A’maelomin, I will go slow, and I won’t over extend myself.”

The hour approached and with a kiss to her husband, Ceridwyn made her way to the gardens within the castle grounds where she and Rayann always met. As she walked her silk slipered feet made no noise, and she held herself with the grace and elegance of not only her Elven heritage, but that of the Wizard’s order. She approached and saw that Rayann was already there, attended by several of her personal ladies in waiting. Ceridwyn brought the back of her hand to her mouth to hide her smile, it didn’t matter how many times she saw those ladies fusing over Rayann, and Rayann’s awkward discomfort of it, she still found it amusing.

Rayann saw her approach, or most likely felt it, and immediately dismissed her ladies and walked over to Ceridwyn who bowed in a deep curtsey, as was custom within the territories of the Silvanesti. Though Ceridwyn outranked Rayann as a Wizard, within the kingdom of the Elves she was the Princess Heir, and the superior of the two, a fact that Ceridwyn never allowed to slip form her mind.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:07 pm

As much as Rayann knew it was custom for all of these ladies to be a part of her court, she really didn’t care for it. All her life she had done for herself, even as a child she was headstrong enough to go off on her own and do things. To her parents and Rorie’s dismay. Often times if it had not been for her bond with Rorie she would surely have been eaten by some wild creature or left out in the cold all night.

The moment she felt Ceridwyn approach, she was more than grateful. With a wave of her hand and a dismiss of their services, she sent the fretting women off to do whatever it was they did when they were not catering to her every whim. Once the ladies were gone and Ceri curtsied deeply, Rayann frowned and furrowed her brows deeply.

”Oh for the sake of the Gods, Ceridwyn….will you just come here and give me a hug?”

She heard the sound of Ceri’s giggle and it warmed her heart. For too long she had not heard such a joyful sound from her friend and the sound was nothing more than joyous. As Ceri embraced her, Rayann felt the kinship they had developed over the last year and she didn’t realize how much she missed that as well. When she released her friend, she gestured to a comfortable chair to sit while she poured tea for both of them.

”For far too long I have wanted for our mid day meetings to resume. Especially considering I almost lost that entirely with you.”

She handed Ceri a delicate tea cup and saucer before pouring her own and sitting down across from her friend and taking a sip of the fresh brewed tea.

”Truth be told, I’m surprised Aeolis let you out of his sight for more than a few moments. So tell me, what is it that has you already thinking so hard you wanted to meet with me?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm

As Ceridwyn stood and embraced Rayann she whispered in her ear, “Such is the propriety of life at court my Princess, there are appearances and protocols a plenty to keep us occupied while within the kingdom boundaries, and even as headstrong as we both are we are not above the traditions set therein.”

She smiled lovingly as they came apart and she sat, gingerly, but she sat none the less. As Rayann served her with her own hand Ceridwyn rolled her eyes with a smile and took the honey mint tea, she could almost hear the gasps of the ladies in waiting who fluttered on the outskirts of their conversation as their Princess dared to lift a finger for another. Ceridwyn inhaled the scent of the tea deeply and a warm smile crossed her face, “It is nice to have our time again.”

She smiled weakly as Rayann mentioned Aeolis and spoke with love in her voice, “The ox’s head is as hard as a Blacksmith’s anvil, believe me I was afraid I would need to stun him in order for him to let me go. Fortunately for both of us he allowed me to do so with only a few well spoken words.”

She sipped her tea and listened to Rayann. As her friend and Princess got right to the point of why Ceridwyn had asked to meet her face downcast slightly and she set her tea on the table before her, “The truth is Rayann, I need your help, actualy, I need your daughters help.”

Rayann cocked her head slightly and Ceridwyn continued, “I am ashamed to say it, but that witch was able to gain access to my mind, if not for Raju’min, Kellan and yourself, I would still be locked in that mental darkness, gods knows for how long. It was like nothing I had felt before sister, like…. Like the whole world was spinning thousands of times faster than it should, yet I could only move as fast as if walking through bitumen pits. Kali is, I mean was… a master of mind trickery, and the first thing those of that persuasion do is learn to protect themselves from the very same attacks they are training to commit on others. As you know, Kali and I often, if not always, disagree, but I wanted to get your opinion, what do you think the chances are that she would assist me in learning to unlock the mystery behind this link? To break it’s hold and eliminate it? If not, I fear that all ability for my aiding in the fight against Piramay will be lost.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 RajuBanner
Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Sirtrystan

Silver eyes scanned the ground far below, returning the images to Raju as she soared in wide arching patterns above Heartlund. She was far too high for the naked eyes of humans to see, and she watched intently for any signs of danger before she began her descent towards the ground. As she felt comfortable with the situation she tipped her wing and began dropping at incredible speed. As the wind whistled off her horns she tightened her vision on the city. Nol would be furious with her if he could see her, and she giggled to herself as she heard his grumpy voice telling her to be more tactful in her approach with the ground. It was this however that made her feel alive, the speed and sound of moving at speeds bordering uncontrollable.

She burst through the high bank of clouds that dotted the sky like a flash of lightening, her metallic scales flashing as the sun refracted in a thousand directions at once. She opened her wings and began to flat spin, laughing aloud as she pressure pressed her to a slower speed and created a whooshing sound that exploded like a sonic boom across the ground. Of course it alarmed the guard who pointed and screamed for defensive ranks, but within seconds they recognized Raju and stood down. She corrected her flat spin and then arced in a wide pattern, landing just inside the flat defensive perimeter where the trees had been removed and any berms that would have provided cover where flattened. This open space ran almost a full kilometer all around the city in every direction and provided a perfect landing space. As she touched down gracefully she could already see the gate opening and a lone rider on a dark grey horse coming towards her. She immediately recognized Sir Trystan and began to walk towards him, still in her dragon form.

The met on the wide road and she smiled, nodding her massive head and speaking, “Sir Trystan, it warms my heart to see you again.” Trystan brought his hand to his breastplate, right above his heart and responded, “And it honors us to have you here great dragon.”

Raju tilted her head back slightly and spoke, “Such formality from a friend?” Trystan laughed and spoke, “Apologies Raju’min, but friend or not you are still to be honored.”

She flicked her tail around and swatted him gently on the back with a wink and spoke, “There should be no formalities between us, so drop it.”

Trystan couldn’t contain his laughter and brought up his hands in surrender as he righted himself in his saddle again, “Well met and very well my friend, it is very good to see you again.”

He came off his horse and Raju took her Elven form, walking forward and embracing him in a tight hug. As they broke their brief embrace Trystan spoke, “What brings you to Heartlund today?”

He took the reins of his horse and they started to walk back to the gate as she spoke, “There are troubling tidings to the North, Sanction has been sacked by the Nethermen and wiped out the Northern defensive force of the Solamic Knights.”

Trystan nodded sadly and spoke, “Yes we just received word yesterday, but Tanjee and I heard even sooner from Kali.”

Raju stopped and looked at him, “Kali? Did she have anything to do with it?”

With a shake of his head and a sigh Trystan shook his head, “I don’t know to what extent, but yes, she did mention to us that she was involved.”

Raju furrowed her brows and exhaled in exasperation, “Well that does complicate things greatly doesn’t it… any indication why she aligned herself with Nethermen?”

Trystan nodded, “Yes, Pela is leading them.”

Raju’s eyes went wide and she almost yelled, “Pela?? Little Pela? The teenage Sorceress that fought in the battle of the towers??”

With a node Trystan began to lead them to the city again, “Yes, but she was very brief on the whys, so we have almost no information… Tanjee and I have not shared this information with anyone so if you could…”

Raju looked at him and spoke, cutting him off, “That was wise of you. This has just gone above the ability of the Knights to handle. Please take me to Tanjee right away so we can discuss this.”

As they walked into the city the guards and the citizens bowed to Raju and she waved it off, offering over and over that such formalities were not necessary. They made their way to the Keep and then to the infirmary where Tanjee was assisting two nurses with supply counting. As Raju walked in she smiled warmly to Tanjee and spoke, “My sister of Mishikal, it warms my heart to see you again.” They embraced tightly and Raju spoke in her ear, “There are troubling tiddings, we must speak in private.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Rayann listened to what Ceridwyn talked about.  She could only imagine what it was like for her dear friend as she lay near death and felt the abysmal darkness seeping further and further into her very being.  It pained her heart to even hear Ceri speak if it now, but Rayann knew the time had come for the healing process to kick into the next level.  And that, for Ceri, was the healing of her mind.  For a moment, Rayann didn’t say anything then finally she drew a deep breath and let it out slowly.

”Kali is still a master of mind trickery, as you call it.  She simply chooses not to be with certain company.  For that, I am grateful.  But I can understand why you would need her help in doing this sort of thing.  I myself couldn’t think of a better wizard to help with this sort of problem.  The problem lies in rather Kali would be willing to help.  I’m sure the time she spent in the towers with Fifth and Piramay was not an easy thing for her but I am also certain she learned a great many things while she was there as well.  Of course you know, as well as anyone, there will be some sort of price to be paid to her.  Kali doesn’t do anything that doesn’t benefit her in the long run.  I can’t blame her for that.  After all, I’m certain she feels as though she is a drift on an endless sea at times.  So to answer your question, Seler’, I think she would assist you and in doing so may be able to find a way to sever the link you have while at the same time finding a way to get to Piramay.”

She sipped her tea, looked out over the lush greenery of Silvanost then looked back at Ceridwyn with a small smile.

”Of course I will accompany you if she requests your presence in her tower.  It’s an excuse for me to see my daughter again and see how she is fairing.  Not to mention let her have some time with her brother.”

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Healer

Tanjee felt Trystan’s presence moments before he appeared in the doorway.  She was just turning to smile at him when she saw Raju’s face lit up in a beautiful smile.  With an almost childlike squeal Tanjee practically ran over to greet her friend and mentor.  

”Raju!  How wonderful it is to see you again.  I have missed you, sister!”

Of course the cheerful reunion was cut short with Raju’s words and Tanjee glanced up at Trystan and saw the worry etched on his face before she glanced at Raju and nodded.

”Yes…I am afraid so.  Come.  We will retire to my quarters here in the Keep.”

Looping her right elbow around Raju’s left and taking Trystan’s right hand in her left, Tanjee walked through Keep with Raju and Trystan.

”First, tell me…how is your brother and Kellan doing?  Is she still rising tall in the saddle and practicing with the Dragonlance as they soar through the sky?”

She caught a glimpse of the look on Trystan’s face and scrunched up her nose.

”Oh….like you have never thought of what it would be like to soar through the sky on the back of a dragon…”

They reached her room and she opened the door quickly shooing them inside when she closed the door behind them.  With a nod she scampered over to the bed and flopped down.

”What news have you that maybe we have not heard yet?”

The playful, carefree Tanjee was quickly replaced by the serious Tanjee and she was ready to hear what Raju may have to say.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Ceridwyn was more than grateful for Rayann’s words, and she nodded, “I think it would certainly be best if you came with me, and with her brother there, well we all know that she is calmest when he is around.”

She inhaled deeply and blinked slowly, “I apologize Rayann, I do not mean to imply that Kali is not calm, if she is anything, it is calm. She is also calculating, as we both know, and I realize there will most likely be a price, however I am hoping that my assistance in divining the link that Piramay has with me and how to untangle it would be enough payment. I have little to offer her besides that. I suppose all we can do as ask rather than speculate.”

She picked up her tea again and took a long sip, clearly her eyes were troubled and she was nearing tears, but she fought them back and did her best to remain composed.

Raju looked at Tanjee and could not help but smile at her as she flopped onto the bed. Trystan brought a chair for her and she sat near the foot of the bed as he went to get another for himself. She spoke as Tanjee looked on, “Trystan has told me the news, about Pela and Kali being the epicenter of this. I told me about your recent conversation and all that she revealed. I find it strange that she was so forthcoming with you, and I can not help but be curious as to why. Kali is many things, but a gossip or a conversationalist is not among them. As most wizards are want, she reveals what she wants, when she wants, and always for a purpose.”

Trystan spoke, “She had several glasses of wine first, we all had, I wonder if it was just the wine talking and loosening her tongue?”

Raju looked over at him and nodded as if to agree but then responded, “My guess is she wasn’t even drunk to begin with, that she did it as a means to fog your minds.”

Trystan looked at her curiously and then shook his head, “No, she truly opened up, I think one of us would have discerned if she was being deceptive.”

“I was not there, so I can’t speak in either direction, for now let’s leave it as a grey area,” she turned back to Tanjee but Trystan interrupted and spoke again, “OH, and she asked if Tanjee and I wanted to go with her to Ice Wall.”

Immediately Raju turned and looked at him, “Did she say for what purpose?”

He shook his head and responded, “There is a device called the… the Ever Winter that she feels will protect Heartlund from any future attacks by Piramay.”

Raju inhaled deeply and nodded, “It certainly would do that.”

Trystan leaned forward, “You know of it??”

Raju turned to him and smiled, “Of course I know of it, the Silver Dragons helped build it a thousand years ago.”

Looking to Tanjee and then back to Raju Trystan spoke, “We should go then!”

Raju smiled. It was a smile that one gave a child when they were excitedly making declarations without knowing all the facts. She looked at Tanjee again and spoke, “So she wants you to go, and Sir Trystan, the Ever Winter is the central purpose of the quest, and it would take you away from any potential conflicts that would or most likely WILL arise between the Heartlund region detachment of Solamic Knights and Sanction,” She paused a moment and a thin smile crossed her slender mouth, “Perhaps she does have a heart after all…”

They looked at her curiously but she did not expound, “It seems we have some work to do, and I think the first thing is to visit Pela.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Rayann studied her dearest friend and furrowed her brows.  She could feel Ceri’s emotions as though they were her own.  It was only through years of practice that she was able to compose herself to speak.  First, though, she stood and smoothed out her red, velvet robes before she crossed the space between them and knelt before the Elfess.  Rayann’s lavender gaze settled on Ceri’s misting eyes and held that gaze for a long moment before she reached up with a warm hand and caressed her friends cheek.  Her voice was soft and soothing when she spoke knowing her friend needed the solace she was giving her.

”Why did you really come to see me, Ceri?  We have never been able to hide anything from each other as well as we can from others.  Don’t hold back now, my sister.  I am here for you….as I always will be.  Unburden yourself before you are swallowed whole by what troubles you so.”

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Healer

Tanjee’s head was spinning.  Raju was always full of wisdom which is why she sought counsel from the dragon from time to time.  But even all of this revelation was making her a little dizzy.  She never looked at the situation Kali requested their presence on the journey as a diversion to remove them from possible conflict that would put them at the center of having to face someone they had considered an ally and friend in the past.  

Surely the revelation of all that Raju revealed was now showing as plain on Tanjee’s face as though she had just stepped into a rather smelly pile of manure.  Kali was indeed a cunning woman.  She would have to remember that when she was around her from now on.  

While Tanjee didn’t usually get upset about much, she found herself furrowing her brows.  If that was at least PART of Kali’s intentions, she could have just come out and told them.  They would have completely understood.  While she knew Trystan’s honor would hold him to his duties, she also knew that sense of duty and honor could be used to turn his attention to the journey Kali had asked them to take up with her.

Finally realizing her mouth was slightly agape, she closed it and looked to Trystan with a look he had never seem from her before.  It was a combination of anger and hurt.  She cleared her throat softly then looked over at Raju, lifting both of her fine brows in surprise.

”Pela?  We are going to journey into the middle of a hornets’ nest?  Do you truly think it wise for Trystan to venture there after everything that has happened between the Nethermen and the Knights?  Quite frankly, I am very fond of Trystan just the way he is now.  The thought of him nothing more than a squishy stain on the ground is rather despairing, to say the least.”

She looked over at Trystan knowing he could see the concern and the hint of fear in her gaze and in the slight creases etched on her fine brow.  Looking back to Raju, she turned a questioning gaze to the dragon.

”Are you certain it is safe for us to go there?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Rayann’s words, as if unlocking a vault, caused a single tear, shimmering like a diamond, to roll down Ceridwyn’s pale cheek. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out, just a shuttered exhalation. After a few seconds she simply leaned forward and wrapped her arms around her friend, and began to sob heavily into Rayann’s robes. It took several minutes, and though the sounds of her crying were faint, the rattling of her body as she pushed all her emotions out were deep and full. Finally she withdrew and shook her head as she looke at Rayann’s red robes, soaked at the neck with her tears. She half laughed and shook her head, “I suppose I will need to get that cleaned for you.”

As Rayann looked up at her Ceridwyn looked back in silence, it was obvious to Rayann however, Ceridwyn felt vulnerable, unsure ,but mostly afraid. It was a state of being that Rayann, for as long as she had known Ceridwyn, had never seen from her. Though Ceridwyn was quiet and confident in every situation, her soft underbelly was showing, and there was no one better, her best friend, to expose it too. Finally she spoke after inhaling a full breath of air, “I am here… because I need your help. I need Kali’s help.”

She looked at Rayann’s eyes again and tears began to well up, “And I never need help, sister.”

Raju looked at Tanjee as she wrestled with the situation. She simply stayed quiet and waited, knowing Tanjee would piece it all together and speak when she was ready. When Tanjee finally spoke it was with the assertiveness and confidence that Raju had always expected from her, and she nodded softly before speaking, “I am not sure if hornet’s nest is a strong enough comparison, but your point is well taken. Is it wise fomr Trystan to go? I suspect it’s as wise as a sheep wandering into a wolves den, however even wolves must not feed form time to time.”

They were both looking at her curiously but she continued, “I can not say what will happen upon our arrival, but we have some advantages. First, Pela knows us, and if we approach respectfully and request audience with the Chief, the Nethermen will comply. Secondly, we will approach under a banner of truce. Third, I am a dragon, and if I am wrong and things go south, I will take my true form and that will buy us enough time to make an escape.”

She paused a moment and spoke, “There is a major misconception, especially amongst the Knights, that Nethermen will attack and kill any on sight, but this is not true. There was a time in fact, when Nethermen were among the most gentle of Krynn’s creatures. The “Gentle Giants” they were called, farmers and artisans much too large and muscular for logic to sort out why they were as placid as they were. Humanity however, drove all that form them as the lust for power, land and enrichment bore down on the peaceful tribes and drove them from all the lands the gods had granted them.”

The two of them looked at her in awe now and she smiled as she continued, “Most of this knowledge has been wiped form any historical record, when you commit genocide it is not custom to document it. The Nethermen adapted to the changing world in the way survival will cause you to do it, they fought back and managed to carve a new existence out of what land was undesirable by human standards.”

She looked right at Tanjee, “I much prefer Sir Trystan as he is as well my friend, and I would never intentionally endanger his, or your, life. Safety is not the calling of a Knight, nor a sister of Mishikal. We walk into danger when others flee from it, our purpose on this planet is to bring healing to the sick. Is it safe for us to go there? No, frankly it is not. Should we go there? Yes, I plan on going whether you accompany me or not.”

She looked them over again and her face began to show a hint of the mischief they were all accustomed to, “And I would not judge Kali too harshly, if she wanted to protect and isolate you from any potential bloodshed that might occur between the Nethermen and the Knights, this was the best way to keep you both safe, or safer I should say. As I said, perhaps Kali does have a heart for certain people.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:30 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 BranchBanner

Wrapped in thick Elk furs Branch didn’t feel even a remote touch of the cold that surrounded her. She had been sitting on the same rock outcropping since midnight, after having slipped away form the town center and its bonfires. She watched as the sun began to peek on the horizon line, a pink hue spread rapidly across the snowy landscape and kissed her cheeks. Her deep brown eyes, sharp and majestic, reflected her sadness and she fought with everything she had to contain the tears. She looked down at a small piece of leather in her hands, no longer than the entire span of her fingers. The edges were frayed and dirty from years of being hidden and smuggled from place to place. She stared at the words written in sharply penned Elvish, “Winter Come, Night’s Eye Minque.” She then reached with her other hand and traced the word just below, written in her own hand, “Lotha Chath”.

As her finger made contact with the written words she could not hold back any longer and a single tear slipped out from under the bottom lid of her left eye. She sniffled softly and reached up, wiping away the saline with the back of her hand. She inhaled softly, her breath shuttering as she fought back the urge to weep. She looked back up towards the sun as it rose and she smiled, speaking softly to the wind, “May this same sun that’s warming me also be warming yous…”

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 GoreRockBanner

She heard steps behind her and immediately recognized them as Gore’Rock’s. He was softer of foot than any of the Nethermen, and Branch was always able to pick him out when she heard him. She rolled the small piece of leather up and slipped it into her coat before turning to look at him from where she sat. He smiled as best a Netherman can and he spoke softly, “Might I join you Silent’Oak” Branch smiled sadly and nodded without saying a word. Gore’Rock moved his leather Shaman robe so he could better sit and took a place on the rock beside her. He watched the sunrise for a few moments with her and spoke without turning to face her, “I was concerned when you slipped away last night, many thought you had gone to bed but I could sense the sadness in your mannerisms, plus you left earlier than normal.” He turned as he finished and looked at her. She smiled and sniffled softly, “Yous a very observant Netherman Gore’Rock… mine is not clear of thoughts this morrow.”

Gore’Rock nodded and smiled a toothy smile of sympathy as he reached and patted her gently on the leg, “It is my duty as Shaman to by there when one of our clan needs me, even if it is just to talk.”

Branch smiled, this time it was genuine and deeply appreciative. She considered these Nethermen her clan for quite some time, and they did the same to her, but to hear the Shaman, the one who for all practical purposes was the second in command acknowledge her as part of the clan was more than she could have ever asked for. She reached up and touched his hand on her leg and spoke, “I thanks you my friend… yous have blessed Branch on this new day.”

Gore’Rock stayed silent for a while and simply sat with her before turning to speak again, “Did anyone ever tell you about Bad’Rock?”

With a start, almost as if she was not expecting him to speak, Branch turned and with a soft smile shook her head, “No, Istar’Ostring and I never talked abouts him, not lots anysuch. Mine’s knowing hims loved her very much.”

Gore’Rock nodded with a sentimental smile and spoke, “He was the only one who did.” She looked at him as her eyebrows raised and he lifted his hand as he continued, “He saw something in her that the rest of us missed, and regretfully, even I did not see it until she returned to us. I only wish that I had clarity to see it sooner, perhaps things would have turned out differently.”

Branch shook her head and spoke, “No Gore’Rock, thems things happening for a reason. If’n this clan had embraced Istar’Ostring then hers growing up would been shaped differently, and she’d not be whom she is.”

He nodded but there was still sadness on his face, “Yes, what you say is true, but there is still the regret that I could not see beyond my own prejudice. We Nethermen, we have become bitter with the feelings of rejection that the world has thrown upon us. It is painful knowing that we are looked down upon by other civilizations. Most wouldn’t admit it, thinking it would be a sign of weakness, but deep down I feel that we all have the same thoughts. It is what drove us to become a warrior nation, we had to in order to survive.”

Branches face turned sad again and she nodded in understanding, “Sometimes we’s must be doing what we do for survival… either for us-selves, or for others we love.”

He nodded and she continued, “Maybes you could be telling all this to Istar’Ostring, shes would be loving to hear these things from hers uncle. She’s loving you always.”

He nodded and turned to watch the sunrise again, “Perhaps it is time I do that.”

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Pirabanner

Piramay sat in quiet contemplation in the main chamber of her lair. She was lounged with her legs draped over the left arm of her chair, chin resting upon her right hand as she stared at the fire that en-wreathed her left. She had shown Rorie to the area that had been set aside for him and the room that housed his personal stock of reagents. He was left to his musings as she let him acclimate to his new body and lease on life while she sat and contemplated their options.

Rorie's suggestion of striking the family as a whole was an idea that had merits but there were also pitfalls as well. She had to also consider that much had changed about Rayann and her family since he was defeated and subsequently killed on his failed assault of Glen'Durel. Individually Kali, Rayann, and Myth were forces of nature not to be underestimated. She had seen Rayann and Myth weaving through the battlefield during the Battle of Three Towers and they moved with efficient and deadly precision. Mix Kali in with that degree of teamwork and there would be few forces on Krynn that could take them without incurring substantial damage of some kind.

There were other pieces she could move in the puzzle but she didn't want to tip her hand to soon. The white robe was still a resource she could tap but only for so long. The damage that was done to the elven woman's mind would be fixed sooner or later. With a small sigh she swung her legs off the arm of her seat and sat up straightening out her robes.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:56 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 RorieBlack

As Piramay sat up and straightened her robes she noticed Rorie who had been standing in front of her. His eyes traced her face quickly and then locked on to her own. He touched his right hand over his heart and bowed his head respectfully. Inside, he was a torrent of emotions, but his face showed stone cold resolve. He knew that he owed Piramay, and he knew enough of her that it could be a lifetime before she ever called that debt, but how could he argue, he would do the same thing. He was bound to her now, but he also was alive again, out of the Abyss and walking the soil of Krynn so he could further his mission of destroying everything his sister held dear, just as she had done to him.

He looked up at Piramay and spoke, "I hope I am not disturbing you... I would have announced my arrival but you seemed deep in thought, and I didn't want to interrupt."

His voice was classic Rorie, smooth, charming, full of intention and purpose. His devilishly seductive blue eyes remained locked on her own and he half smiled through his beard, "I wanted an audience with you if it is alright, I understand that I am the subordinate here, but I do hope that I was brought back as much for my wisdom and determination at least as much as you needed a new play thing."

There was no malice in his words, again, he knew Piramay. Mostly what he knew was that she never did anything on a whim, there was always purpose and intent. It went without saying that Wizards were in general this way, but there were exceptions even among that circle, and Piramay was certainly among that higher crowd. As she nodded again in compliance with his request he spoke, "I feel I was wrong to advise a strike on Glen Durel. In retrospect, that is a location where our adversary holds too great an advantage. Besides the higher swirl of magic that she can call upon, they know the terrain all too well, and because they have allowed access to too many allies we would be overwhelmed. In further thought I think what might be a better approach is for you to consider an alternative idea."

Piramay's eyebrows raised in wicked interest and Rorie continued, "I think we should figure out a way to take back YOUR tower. I know it won't be easy, in fact, it is damn near impossible, but there are a couple advantages we have which Kali may not be aware of. You still have the key to Fifth's magic, and Kali doesn't know that I am alive... she would be out numbered, and ultimately I think we can out think her."
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 am

Piramay sat back in her seat as Rorie made his recommendation. Clearly the man had learned from the mistakes that had led to his first death, and as she thought given some time to ponder on those mistakes he had come to a different plan of action. Though she had to admit this was not one of the scenarios she would have predicted. In truth she had written off the tower for the time being but with Rorie's help the chances to reclaim the tower were better than they had been.

"First I will emphasize that we should never assume we have the upper hand over Kali. She has her father's mind for strategy and on the fly thinking and that is a very dangerous thing for a wizard like her to have. However in the grand scheme Kali is only a small part of the puzzle that is keeping us from the tower." Sitting forward Piramay waved her right hand through the air and an image of the molten lake shimmered into existence. Kali's treachery was inevitable and I had planned accordingly for that very moment. When she broke the central spire I let my own tower appear to topple and crumple as a result. In truth it now rests beneath the surface of the lake hidden and locked away in a dimensional pocket. As of this moment all of the locks and wards remain intact and undisturbed."

She leaned back once more leaning heavily on her arm staring at the image. "What this tells me is that Kali did not divine the tower's presence, or she may have tried to gain entry. However someone felt that there was something lurking in my beautiful lake. I am not sure who cast the first lock upon the lake but I know that as of right now there are three locking wards in place. Each one was cast by a different robe of high sorcery. I presume that it was done by Rayann, Ceridwyn, and Kali respectively, but I could also be very mistaken and other wizards were involved. I do however know that each spell was also blessed by the respective god of magic as well." Piramay flashed a small grin

"So in order to gain access we need come within scouting distance of a Paladine blessed city, avoid or draw the eyes of Kali in the Black Tower depending on how we use her, and then break three god blessed seals. My dear Rorie I don't think impossible is the right word for the situation." She finally lifted herself from her perch looking upon Rorie knowing there was a storm brewing in his mind. She let the smile fade and fixed her eyes upon his as she let the image fade away. She couldn't resist an indulgent thought as she took note that his eyes were easier to look upon than the emotionless silver spheres of Fifth.

"I am simply stating the facts and nothing more Rorie. You and I both know the value of listening to the opinions of both our subordinates and peers." She would be a fool to do so as she punished Fifth for doing exactly that. "So we are in agreement that reclaiming my tower is a more prudent undertaking than a direct attack upon the family as a whole. I would presume that you would not approach me with this suggestion unless you had an idea forming am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Rorie listened intently as Piramay gave her thoughtful response. He nodded as she finished and spoke, “You are right, it would be unwise to assume Kali’s inability to do what it takes to defend what she feels is hers. Based on what you have shared with me over the last few days I would ponder if the wardings were placed on the molten lake less in any discerning the presence of your tower and more due to a prepositioned assumption you might use it to spawn more of your fire dragons. If you have hidden your tower as you say you have, my guess is it lies in the deep unknown to any other.”

He began to pace slowly, his thick, black robes swaying loosely off his broad shoulders, “There is something else for you to consider. When I took Kali as a baby and brought her to the plain of dragons to raise her I was also her mentor and trainer. Through over a hundred years of exercises and training session not only did I get to learn her strengths but also her weaknesses. I knew enough about Fifth to rapidly conclude he was in this little endeavor as much for the power as he was for the companionship.”

He looked at her and a thin smile crossed the right side of his face, they both knew exactly what he meant and he left it at that, “I am sure you got to see some of it, but Kali disguises her emotions. She can’t help but feel heightened emotions, it’s in her nature thanks to the contribution my sister made at Kali’s conception. She has Myth’s mind, true, but she also has Rayann’s empathy. Inside Kali’s heart is locked a torrent of anger so tightly wound it is a kinetic ball that could burst her from the inside out if released properly. It was the one thing I could never tap. She understands well enough that anger will cause her to loose control, I saw glimpses of it, and when her anger comes to the surface it comes in a surge. She is able to lock it back down, however if we can drive her to that place we would have a window of opportunity in which to operate, seconds at best, but that might be all the time we need.”

He inhaled deeply and continued, “So I assume that by a Paladine blessed city, you are speaking of Heartlund? It would not be difficult to cast concealment spells and make our way there.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 3:22 am

Piramay slipped past Rorie and glided towards a large basin like structure that was six feet across filled to the brim with sand. She muttered a few words as she cast her hand over the sand. Moments later the sands shifted and a replica of Heartlund rose up. "Keeping ourselves masked from the city isn't to much of an as issue as you pointed out. In truth the city as a whole is inconsequential as far as I am concerned. The allies that select individuals of the fortress can call upon however are something we should be aware of. More to the point we need to be cautious of the knights training to be dragon riders."

As Rorie paced and recounted his knowledge of the situation Piramay considered her options carefully. The elder Padraig's knowledge of Kali's training and up bringing had advantages, but there was also the reverse edge that she knew her uncle to some degree as well. Still the fact she was unaware of his resurrection would provide a substantial advantage. "As you have pointed out this entire scenario does leaves us with a couple advantages to exploit... "
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am

Rorie walked up beside her and looked over the map of Heartlund. He studied it carefully, having never been there in person he would need to rely on Piramay's knowledge of the city. He looked over the gates, the central market area, the Keep, all of it. Walking around the basin he stopped at the gate which he knew faced the towers, based on Piramay's description, "This gate..." he pointed, "Are there any inn's near it?"

Piramay nodded and traced her finger along the road, stopping no more than a couple hundred meters into the walls, "Here, The Quiet Harpy."

Rorie looked at the building and then let his gaze move to where the sand table ended, "And Kali's tower is here, about 800 meters from the wall." Though it wasn't a question Piramay nodded in confirmation. Rorie walked again and stopped almost directly across the table where the Keep stood. He looked over its walls in the direction of the Inn and spoke, "We would be a safe distance from the Keep there, however I wonder if we would be able to come up with an inconspicuous story should we be asked our purpose staying in that inn. Is there any resource or purpose that traders or farmers would would use that particular gate? If there is an Inn in the vicinity it suggests travelers use it, but for what purpose?
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:47 pm

A light chuckle escaped Piramay's lips as she rested her hands upon the edge of the basin. "We don't need to think of anything to elaborate. I have made a point of keeping tabs on a select number of individuals present at the tower battle. To make a long explanation short one of these individuals led a Netherman attack upon the city of Sanction, and yes I did just say Netherman. It raises many questions but for the time being they are not ones worth pursuing. What is worth noting is that this has created a small wave of refugees that are leaving the city and the surrounding area. Heartlund may be a bit out of the way but it is a well defended and fortified city."

With a wave of her hand the sand dispersed once more leaving the basin flat and featureless. "If necessary I have a means for us to enter the fortress proper as well."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Rorie nodded in understanding, and he reached into the sand as it fell flat once again, "I am not concerned, the concealment spell I know will mask us from all but the most skilled and advanced wizards, and even they will have a hard time discovering the signature."

He turned and looked out across the grand lake of fire that extended out across the lower level, watching the mounds emerge and disappear into the molten rock. They were the backs of the slumbering fire dragons, held in stasis and moving up and down with the current of the magma awaiting their mistresses summons. He watched and spoke almost absent mindedly, "For what it's worth Piramay, I want to thank you for awakening me. I will help you to obtain what it is you wish, but I must add that I will do what I need to do in order to have justice done."

He turned and looked at her, "Mind you, I won't do anything stupid, but if an opportunity comes to fulfill my revenge, I won't hesitate."

He rolled back his sleeve and burned into his arm were four names, burned as if with a fine point quill. The script of each was a wound, still bleeding slightly and obviously uncomfortable, "I did this two nights past, I wish to wear the pain of each of these individuals on my flesh until I see them dead. Then and only then will I heal the wound, one by one, until my quest is fulfilled. As long as there is pain, there is motivation to complete my task." He turned and looked at her, "As I said, I would never do anything that puts you in direct harm, nor will I do anything that compromises the main objective, but I will pursue these four until they are dead."

He brought his arm up so she could see clearly, the names etched in his flesh read, 'Kali' 'Rayann' ' Ceridwyn' 'Myth'
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:29 am

A small grin graced Piramay's lips as she looked upon the names carved into his flesh. She would not begrudge him wanting some measure of revenge. In his attempt on his sister's life the family as a whole had laid him low. Over the course of her existence she had learned how motivating a sense of vengeance could be, but it could act as a double edged sword. So long as Rorie was mindful of this she did not see any immediate complications to her long term plans.

Stepping away from the basin of sand walked over to the edge of the wall holding back the molten rock and watched the backs of her creations rise and fall. She reached over rolling back the sleeve of her right arm. Etched into the skin running from her wrist to her elbow was an eerily life like tattoo of a dragon wrapped around her arm. She reached down and trailed her hand through the molten liquid as if it were simply water to her. She let out a soft sigh as she brought her hand out flicking the last drops of the liquid from her fingertips as she spoke with her sultry voice with a hint of hidden malice "You should be ever mindful of those words Rorie. I will not deny your chance upon our enemies. While my battle is squarely with Kali I know that ultimately that will bring me into confrontation with all four of those names upon your arm. Each a dangerous foe in their own right and more so when together. Of the four I think Ceridwyn will be the weakest link in the chain."

Her reasoning for this observation was obvious since she had recounted the events of the elfess' wedding. Pira was certain that the woman would seek aid in protecting her mind from future intrusions. No further attempts would be made because of that simple fact. In truth the damage had already been done to Ceridwyn's psyche.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:54 pm

He had no knowledge of the events that had taken place between Piramay and Ceridwyn since his death, and without the frame of reference he looked at her curiously and responded, "Respectfully I don't see how that is possible. Ceridwyn is unnaturally old, and as such an extremely powerful wielder of Solinari's magic. She is not only an elder wizard with longevity, but has incredible favor in the eyes of her god. He has granted her magic well beyond the abilities of most white wizards, not only are her protective spells powerful and impenetrable, but she has more offensive spells at her disposal than most black robe wizards."

He walked up beside Piramay and watched the forms in the lava as he continued, "It was she that smote me as you know. Some heavens knows what searing spell that I could feel form chest to spine as it tore through me. That spell went through my staff as well as my protective barrier like they were non-existent, and though I don't claim to be the most powerful wizard on the planet, I certainly have proven that I can hold my own. I admit it was my own arrogance that drove me to fight the lot of them in Glen Durel on my own, a mistake I will not replicate I can assure you. My point is, I would love to hear your insights and observations that would bring you to this conclusion about Ceridwyn."

She turned and looked at him. Rorie's face was slightly whimsical and curious while simultaneously laced with an air of flirtatiousness, "I must admit I have a sneaking suspicion that there is some manner of information that has been withheld from me until I needed to know it, perhaps you would see it in yourself to find now to be the right time."
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:42 pm

A playful chuckle escaped Piramay's lips as she once more trailed her hand through the molten pool. It was a delicious tale that she had been holding back and now did seem like a good time to share it with her associate. She stared off in the distance as she recalled the events of the day in Silvanost. "Indeed you are correct that Ceridwyn is a powerful servant of Solanari. However all that power is there to defend against the enemy."

With a grin Piramay brought forth a chain and jewel from her robes. She whispered silently as she placed the stone in the jewel and slipped it over her head. Within moments the fires of her being were drawn to the jewel. The deep red of her robes became a pristine white as her hair shifted to the color of flame polished obsidian stone. Her vibrant eyes an ashen grey and her face displayed the prominent features of an elf. She stood straight and bowed before Rorie "I present to you Amayth Reniatess... the reclusive guardian of the western flame" As with Kali it would be a name known as a rumor in the dark courts. A white robe living in seclusion from the world.

Piramay would recount for him the day of Ceridwyns's wedding. The crafting of the molten beast and its rider, a meeting in the gardens with the three lady mages, her subtle but stabbing intrusion into Ceridwyn's mind at the key point of the wedding that left the elfess in a catatonic state, and the confrontation between herself and Kali.  "I acted in defense of the people and the young mage got a little upset. To the point she was willing to blast myself and the entire chamber to pieces. Myth himself intervened and made a clear declaration that he would cut down the first of us to act, and for a moment I am certain she seriously considered it. In the end do to his declaration she renounced herself as a member of the elven people and left."

The impish grin on her face made it clear that the memories the the event still made her giddy. "It was a glorious day..." She slipped off the chain and jewel and flames erupted from the floor at her feet racing over her body returning her to the form Rorie knew.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:01 am

Rorie's eyes went wide as he watched her transformation and whispered, "By the gods..."

He smiled wryly and nodded, "As you probably remember I was once a wearer of the white, before my swine of a sister saw an end to it. I remember the name Amayth Reniatess being whispered in the halls. There was much debate, some saying she was merely a ghost in the fog, others, Ceridwyn included, claimed they knew her and met her.... This opens many doors of opportunity."

As she removed the spell he spoke, "It fills me with happiness to learn that it was you who was responsible for Ceridwyn's rattling of the mind. It pleases me very much indeed." He stroked his beard and looked out across the lake of fire again, "Obviously arriving as Amayth would stir up too much commotion and draw too much attention to ourselves. We need to blend in enough to the populace that we are just seen as normal folk. Coming up with those potions is easy, I have the formulas and a potion is far less easy to detect than cloaking ourselves with magic, any apprentice could cast a simple detect magic spell and uncover us. We would retain our magical abilities should we need them, but blend in well."

He walked over to the sand table and stared at it again, his life of pursuing magic gave him the ability to still see every detail of the map despite it's being gone, "My only concern is the Knighthood, because this is a regional stronghold there will be a commander there, and rumor has it from even before my death, that it is Lady Rose, the Velvet Hammer herself who is in charge. I have never met her, but her name is legend among the Knights, that much I do know. Being that this is a scouting and information gathering quest I don't think we will need to be worry some, and I will ensure the potion is strong enough that we might fool even ourselves." He turned and winked, his comment referring to the fact that they would look so much the part they won't even recognize their own reflections.

"I will go and begin preparations on the potion, it takes two days to brew and the process is a delicate one so I most likely will not see you until it is done. I will need a strand of your hair to bond the potion to you, if you don't mind." He stepped over and looked down into her eyes, smiling, and waiting.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:41 am

Piramay wondered how he would react to the truth of Amayth. She let out a mental sigh as she put off thoughts of her true self. Such details were better left as secrets for the time being. For the moment they shared a few common goals, but not enough to share some of her more closely guarded secrets. As it stood the only person that truly knew even an inkling of her past currently resided in a jewel draped from her neck.

With careful consideration she nodded as Rorie asked for a strand of her hair. Some might be worried about trusting a black robe with such a thing for a potion but Piramay knew that Rorie was asking for a simple strand as both a reagent and as a show of trust. They both knew that you couldn't perform any truly binding potions with just a strand so he asked for exactly what was needed. With a smile she reached up and drew forth a single strand. Holding it straight she touch the end closer to her head with her other hand and the strand fell loose in the holding finger which she then dropped into Rorie's hands.

"I shall leave you to your work Master Padraig" She inclined her head slightly to him.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Rorie bowed his head respectfully as she handed him the strand of hair. As he looked back up into Piramay's eyes he offered a dark smile, "The first steps on our path begin this day."

He acted as if he wanted to say more, but instead he pressed his lips gently together and smiled thinly, turning in a swirl of black velvet and going off to laboratory. He walked into the spacious area Piramay had provided to him upon his arrival the first day and stopped at a large table covered in all manner of equipment. He picked up a small, slender, glass vial and lifted the strand of red hair, which was warm to the touch, and gently dropped it inside. He stared at it a moment, smiling and then placed a cork stopper into the glass. He then reached up and plucked a hair from his own head, doing the same thing, and then placing it beside the tiny glass tube that contained Piramay's hair.

He removed his robes so as to eliminate the bulky, heavy fabric and went to work, bringing up the boilers and warming a kettle. He pressed reagents in a mortar and pestle, mashing and mixing them in the exact right manner. He spent the next 37 hours, not sleeping a wink so as to get the mixture exactly right. There were many variations of cloaking potions that he could have made, but this one, the most complex and delicate of them all, would do more than just change the users appearance, it would alter them in a manner which made any trace of them unrecognizable, and it could only be broken with a sister antidote which was brewed simultaneously. The making of four total doses instead of two added complexity to the process, but Rorie was beyond a master when it came to mixology, in fact, it was one of his favorite pass times when he began working for the Queen of Darkness.

--

Finally, the mixtures were done. Rorie stared at the four vials and studied the contents within. He reached up and took the two hairs, divided them and then added the specific amount into the antidotes. He labeled them, marking the top of his with a black stained cork, and Piramay's with red before sealing them with wax to make them spill proof. Taking the wrong antidote would be disastrous at minimum, and Rorie was not willing to take the chance of them getting mixed up. As he finished he heard Piramay's bare feet enter the room, almost to the minute which he said it would take to complete the task. He turned, dark circles under his eyes and slightly pale from lack of sleep, but his smile was the type worn from success. He turned and gestured with his hand to the four dimly glowing vials set upright in a wooden stand on the work bench, "The first step..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next