Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Empty
PostSubject: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections TakhisisBanner

Tahkisis looked across the black marble of the throne room, her black eyes narrowed on the form before her, knelt in reverence and pensive. His broad shoulders rose and fell slowly with each breath and she smiled a wickedly delicious grin as she sauntered down the steps and placed her hand gently on his chin, lifting his face up to look her in the eyes. Her voice was like silk as she spoke, "Tynen, you served me well at Heartlund, your actions behind enemy lines proved most profitable. Unlike that buffoon Nidhug you remained loyal and for that you are to be rewarded."

She stroked his cheek and a gently warmth followed behind the trace of her finger. The warmth grew and became hot, but it never burned. His head was filled with an almost erotic sensation and his breathes came in long, drawn, deep waves. She leaned forward and whispered, "I have seen your interaction with your sister. She is strong and could prove to be a valuable ally to us if she could be brought into our fold. I want you to find her, and... persuade her that it would be a good idea. If she refuses, kill her."

She leaned back and saw the devotion in Tynen's eyes. She smiled softly and spoke, "With my gift, she will not be able to trace or find you with her mind. You will be able to move more swiftly in battle, and your sword will strike at twice the speed of normal men. Your sensations will be heightened and you will be able to feel your sister from further away, but she will not be able to feel you. I am also giving you one dozen men to assist you. They will report directly to you, and you will report directly to me. Go now Tynen, find and bring me your sister, dead or alive."

Nine Months Later

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections KaliBlack

Kali sat on the back porch of the family castle looking out over the emerald fields of Glen Durel. Her eyes traced the landscape that she was so familiar with, yet felt so distant from. Her recovery had been slow, she was still hacking and coughing soot from her lungs occasionally and her face was pink and scarred from Piramay's spell. She shifted in her seat, moving her tea to the small table beside her and winced as the pain in her side ached. Grabbing her tea again she sipped it and closed her eyes as the scent filled her nose. Ceridwyn had mixed up a concoction that allowed her to breath easier and ease the pain, but it was still ever present in her lungs and her entire left side. She furrowed her brows as she let her mind drift, the gods and their consequences. They would no longer rule this world if it wasn't for her. Where was their devotion to one who was willing to move it all and completely undo herself for their sake.

Her eyebrows narrowed and she snapped her head when she felt a familiar hand touch her shoulder, "How are you doing this morning Kali?"

She looked up at her mother. The eye on Kali's left side now matched the lavender of her mothers, the one on her right still matched that of her dead uncle. She obviously forced a smile and coughed into a handkerchief before responding, "Same as every day mother, aches, pain, and a burning desire to walk for more than ten minutes at a time."

She looked back out across the landscape and spoken through a sigh, "I wonder how my brother is doing." She turned and looked at Rayann, "When is he coming home?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections RayannRed

Rayann was silent since the battle at Heartlund. Not once did her voice speak out to anyone or anything. Even when Ceridwyn arrived for the first time after Kali awoke. Rayann refused to talk verbally to anyone or anything. She withdrew into herself and spoke strictly with her mind. Much like she did when she was younger.

In truth, she was angry beyond words the Gods had left her daughter the way they had. She knew there were consequences for what Kali did, but in Rayann’s mind the fact she had singlehandedly brought down the towers that had caused the trouble with in the first place should have exonerated her from any recourse the Gods felt they needed to lay down on Kali. But obviously they didn’t see it that way.

It wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago, at Kali’s request that she began to speak verbally, and even then it was only to Kali. She knew it wasn’t the others fault for what happened to Kali but she was afraid if she started talking then she wouldn’t stop and all of the raw emotions she’d kept pent up since the battle would come rushing out and she wouldn’t be able to stop them.

And to make matters even more complex, she saw the change in Kali. What emotional breakthrough they had prior to the events at Heartlund seemed to have been wiped away. While she knew Kali loved her, for she could feel it from her daughter, Kali never tried to be affectionate with her mother and when Rayann tried to be affectionate with Kali, Kali seemed to tolerate it and not much more.

Each day she could see Kali pulling more and more away from her but Rayann was helpless to stop it. She couldn’t make Kali give her affection. So Rayann resigned herself to the fact she would have to accept her daughter the way she was knowing there was still love there, but the bright, vivacious young woman she had seen blossom had been replaced with a brooding woman who would forever be scarred, in every way possible.

She stood in the archway of the porch for a few moments watching Kali. When she coughed and winced, Rayann felt another sliver of her heart being shaved away. It was difficult to watch her daughter suffer like this and if there was any way to bring her daughter back to the young woman she had become prior to everything happening, Rayann would have done so.

Taking a deep breath, she cleared her mind of all of this and walked up behind Kali and touched her right shoulder before sitting down next to Kali. Her hair was still snow white and her eyes still held the odd lavender color to them, but there were small, delicate lines now on her face showing her own consequences. But they paled in comparison to Kali’s.

Rayann always gave Kali a loving smile whenever she looked at her mother. It was Rayann’s way of relaying her love to Kali since there was very little physical contact between them now. When Kali asked about Shaer, Rayann looked out over the landscape of Glen Durel with Kali thenturned to look at her daughter again.

”Your father should be done with things in Silvanost any day now. It’s taken quite a bit of time to sort through everything with the Council Elders. And you know how political they can all be. Of course with Aeolis and Ceri there to help, he has had good support. Not to mention Olwa. And when he comes back here, he will be bringing Shaer with him.”

Rayann smiled again.

”It’ll be good to see him again. I’m sure he’s grown quite a bit since last we saw him.”

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Kali nodded and looked back out across the emerald grasses. Her eyes shimmered in the light. For the first time today a small smile crossed her face as she thought about Shaer and whispered in response to Rayann's words, "Yes, it will be nice to see him again."

Her brows furrowed as she thought about her Father back in Silvanost dealing with all the politics and such of the Elvish Court. She looked at her mother and her voice turned slightly sinister, "They would have been better to stay in their forests and let you fight us without them."

Rayann looked at her with a slight expression of shock and Kali turned to look back out across the Glen, "We never expected them to show, it only added to the ease to which we were able to attack. Yes they killed many of the Dark Queen's troops, but in the end all it did was allow Piramay easy targets tucked away in a secluded place. They were lambs sent to slaughter."

Her mother bristled slightly as Kali said the name Piramay and Kali felt the slightest of strange grins slide up the right side of her face, "We need to say her name mother, denying she is still out there is only detrimental to our very existence. You have sat around this Glen for nine months refusing to acknowledge that she exists. But she does exist!"

She flipped her hood back and the full scar across the whole left side of her face was visible. She could see her mother recoil instinctively and Kali again smiled an almost vicious grin, "I have this to remind me, I have this to motivate me, and I will use this to strengthen myself and confront her again. She is strong...," her eyes narrowed and her voice lowered, "But she is not strong enough."

Kali's blue eye swirled like Rorie's use to while her lavender eye shimmered eerily in the light, "There is no growth without pain, and I have endured my lion's share. I don't regret that I saved the boy and took the brunt of her spell, for from the pain I was also able to absorb and learn, to get insight into her magic, the uniqueness of her casting techniques, and she will regret her decision to attack."

Rayann starred at her with wide eyes, the words coming from Kali were sinister but calmly crafted. She inhaled deeply and winced as the pain stabbed at her lungs and she brought the gray cloth to her mouth and hacked into it. After a few seconds of violent coughing she lulled her head back and grunted in frustration, "If only this pain in my lungs would subside enough I could stop being a thorn in your side."

She sunk deep in her chair and she could feel her mother's eyes upon her, but she did not turn to look. She simply watched the landscape, the grasses swirled with the soft coastal breezes coming off the water and after a few minutes she spoke as she put her hood back up over her head and pulled her blanket up over herself, "What is it mother? Why are you staring at me?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections 3gafcx10Tynen was pleased. In the past nine months he'd added to his little group of men of twelve, increasing their numbers four times over. He made them all swear their fidelity to Tahkisis first and foremost and then to him. They learned quickly that when crossed or disobeyed, Tynen dealt out severe punishments or even death. Yet he rewarded them as well when the day was good. Usually with young women from the villages they would ransack and destroy. They were all just as cold as he was and if they didn't begin that way when recruited they soon learned it was better to be cold than dead.

Tynen roamed the lands destroying any who did not support his Dark Lady and gathering more for his growing army. He would send scouts on a regular basis to Heartlund to gather information on Keatara. He'd learned that one of the gifts Tahkisis had granted him allowed him to sense her within a ten mile radius, but any farther than that and it rapidly grew weak. The closer he was to her though, the stronger it would become. As he was gathering troops to serve his Dark Lady he roamed much further than the ten miles, hence the need for scouts to know what his sister was doing.

"James.....report and quickly", Tynen growled out at the young man standing before him. James was only twenty summers old and had been with Tynen for only six months and he was already cold and unfeeling. He was Tynen's favorite scout and had become that way by being ruthless and hard, eliminating any that stood in his way. As he stood before Tynen, he stared at him with cold, hazel eyes.

"Sir...your sister is still teaching the children and the relationship between her and the knight is growing stronger. She is also practicing her own skills, getting better every day. Yet, she seems troubled.....still looking over her shoulder." The last he said with a smile that never reached his eyes. Tynen too, smiled at him, knowing that she was still watching for him. ~Soon, Tara...soon~, he thought to himself. "Good...James, I need for you to go back to Heartlund.....watch her closely, become her friend. I will send for you when I need you to return for further instruction. You have done well."

He rose from his chair, walking over to a small chest that was kept with him at all times. Opening it with a key hanging around his neck he withdrew a small yet heavy bag filled with coin. Tossing it to James who caught it deftly with one hand, he smiled at him. "You have earned this. There is more waiting for you as well as a promotion if you do well. But there is terror and pain if you fail me, James. Never forget that."

James raised a hand to the right side of his face where a long, jagged scar trailed from the outer corner of his eye and down into his neck. Tynen had given it to him when he'd disobeyed a direct order just a month after joining with him. It was still red and sore and a reminder that his leader was just as ruthless and cold as he was, more so even. But the heavy bag of coin in his hand also told him that he could be generous when the mood was upon him and James intended for the mood to be upon his leader with him as often as possible. He bowed to Tynen before leaving the tent and beginning his three day journey back to Heartlund.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Color_10Nine months had passed since the battle and her run in with Tynen. There were still times when Keatara found herself looking over her shoulder, looking for him. She couldn't sense him anymore, but she somehow knew that he was alive. Just like she knew that he would come for her. She'd accepted the fact that the man she'd dealt with all those months ago was no longer her beloved brother. Her brother was gone. But the children still needed her and as she'd found her brother, in a sense, she no longer felt the need to leave Heartlund. Or Gideon.

Keatara was smiling at the children. It had been nine months since the attack and ever since the children had been more than eager to learn how to help the grown-ups defend their home. It made the boys stand taller and the girls.....well, they didn't take much from the boys anymore, much to the boys' despair and sometimes humiliation. That day, Tara was smiling at Curtis as he lay on the ground at Teela's feet. The ten year old little girl had just bested the bigger, twelve year old boy who had been tormenting her all week. She had the point of her wooden sword pointed at his throat and her blue eyes were spitting daggers at the boy.

"Teela....enough. Allow Curtis to get to his feet. The lad, I think, be learning the lesson ye have taught him." Tara was trying hard to hide her smile at the look on the boy's face, but failed miserably. She looked up to see Gideon coming towards her and her smile widened. They'd been spending most of their free time together since the battle and they'd grown closer......much closer. They'd shared kisses and caresses whenever they could, never overstepping that line. Gideon was too much a knight, although it had been very difficult at times and Tara's passionate nature didn't make it any easier.

He'd seen the whole fiasco between Curtis and Teela and patted the boy on the shoulder as he walked by him, giving him an encouraging smile. "It's hard to fight them when their beauty blinds us.....you are the first knight to be taken down by it."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 am

Rayann listened to Kali as she talked to her and she heard the contempt in her voice. It wasn’t necessarily directed at Rayann herself, but it was enough to cause Rayann’s barely seen anger to flare slightly. She didn’t say Piramay’s name because just the thought of that fire bitch made Rayann want to vent her anger at who ever happened to be standing near her and most of the time, that was Kali. But now as her daughter began to show just how badly the whole event affected her, Rayann knew the strain on their relationship was about to get even worse.

When Kali pushed her hood back and revealed her scarred features, Rayann couldn’t help but recoil slightly. She could see the flaming orb coming at Kali again and see how her daughter took the brunt of the flame and heat from the ball of fire all over again as though it were watching it when it initially happened.

As Rayann watched her daughter talk about Piramay and she saw the way her eyes looked, Rayann knew Kali had been thinking long and hard about what she was going to do to exact revenge upon the fire mage and it worried Rayann. It was right then and there Rayann knew the young woman Kali had been prior to the battle was nowhere to be found and never would be again. In her place was a calculating, cold woman who was going to bide her time and do whatever was necessary to get the revenge she so desperately wanted. Just like Rorie was before he died.

But when Kali referred to herself as a thorn in Rayann’s side, Rayann stared at her even more but for a different reason. When Kali asked why she was starring at her, Rayann blinked, furrowed her brows and looked out over the landscape once more.

”Why wouldn’t I be, Kali? The words I heard coming from your mouth sound vaguely familiar. I don’t know why it should surprise me so much.”

She looked back at Kali and Kali could see in Rayann’s eyes her anger was being kept in check.

”I know that woman is out there, Kali. And I know we haven’t seen the last of her. I refuse to speak of her in this home. Even the mere thought of her makes me…..anyway. This place is a place of refuge and peace. I want to keep it that way, after all, there’s been enough trouble here the past couple of years to last a lifetime. And you are in no way a thorn in my side. You never have been. I brought you here so you would have the time you needed to recover from the battle. This is your home as much as it is mine and your fathers and your brothers. You are forever welcome here. But I get the feeling you would rather be anywhere else but here right now. I just hope you do find a place you wish to be.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:26 am

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Gideon2

Gideon had been working with the other knights in trying to get Heartlund repaired and functional; again. With the threat of the towers gone and the dark forces having disappeared for the most part from the area, the local citizens were slowly leaving the high walls and returning to rebuild their lives outside the Keep. The report of an occasional raiding party of the dark forces came back to the Keep causing Lady Fairwind and Sir Ordin to order increased patrols. Which is where Gideon was heading. He stopped by to talk to Tara before he left.

”I’m heading out on patrol within the hour. I wanted to stop by to see how things were going for you and the children.”

His brown eyes twinkled as he looked at her and the slightest of smiles crept onto his features. The kids stood back snickering at the couple as they made eyes at each other.

”And from what I’ve seen, you have things well in control.”

He seemed to grow a little more nervous and glanced at the children who were all grinning and watching with great interest. He looked back at Tara then.

”I was wondering…if…maybe you would like to sup with me this evening after I get back.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:54 am

Kali looked at Rayann from where she sat, her different colored eyes staying locked with her mothers. As Rayann finished Kali responded, "This is your home, and fathers and Shaer's, but it is not mine. I was not raised here. It is a refuge, but it won't remain that way forever, not if what is still lingering just over the horizon figures out a way to destroy it."

Taking in a long, drawn breath she reached for her tea and her lip quivered with the pain, but it was pain she was adjusting to and it was motivating her to fight through it. Rayann and Kali sat in silence for several minutes before both of them finally turned in unison towards a flash of light that appeared in the grass about 50 meters off the porch. Both ladies watched as Trystan appeared. He held fresh cut wildflowers in one hand and the traces of Ceridwyn's magic were obvious. She appeared a mere second later and looked up at Trystan before tucking her arm into his and walking with him to the large, stone porch.

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections SirTrystan

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections CeriBanner

Ceridwyn walked up and without a word hugged Rayann tightly. She could see in her friends eyes that the conversation between herself and Kali this morning was not a good one and she whispered in her ear, "We need fresh tea." She could see that Rayann was unable to contain a smile and the two walked into the kitchen area without words.

Trystan stopped in front of Kali and looked down at her with a smile. It had been a few months since the last time he had seen her and he was still very much unsure about the status of their relationship or even their friendship for that matter. His smile was met with Kali's focused eyes and he fumbled nervously with the flowers and cleared his throat, "I brought these for you. I ... uh...," he placed them down on the table beside her and she glanced at them before looking back up into his face. "It is a rare gift Trystan, my thanks." There was a slight lacing of sarcasm to her voice and she brought the handkerchief to her mouth and coughed again. He watched, his brow furrowed unsure what to do, finally she spoke, "For gods sake, sit Trystan don't hover over me like a nurse maid, I get enough of that as it is."

He cleared his throat and spoke softly, "You are looking better Kali." She turned and looked at him with a slight darkness in her eyes, "Do I? You think the scar matches my hair and the different colors of my eyes offsets the glow in my smooth cheek do you?"

He swallowed hard and shook his head trying to recover, "No... I meant to say that you are looking healthier and better than the last time I saw you."

She reached down and picked up the gray handkerchief, turning it so he could see the soot and blood on it, "Yes, I know what you mean."

He furrowed his brow slightly and spoke, "Look Kali, I don't want to...,"

"Don't want to what? Patronize me and pat my bottom with words of encouragement?"

He slinked back slightly and spoke, "No, I just... I was hoping that we could rebuild you know? Things don't need to change, we can begin again where we left off."

Kali felt her thin smile creep across her face and she whispered, "And where exactly were we Sir Trystan?"

He felt like he was in a court marshall hearing all of a sudden and all the questions were designed to condemn him, "Well, before you went into the towers, before you left to do what needed to be done. I... well I still love you, very much."

Kali looked at him a moment, there was a lingering sparkle in her eyes but she responded coldly, "And yet you along with everyone else could not trust me."

"It wasn't that we couldn't... I mean it just seemed like you had left to join the other side. You never told anyone what you were doing, how could any of us know?"

"I couldn't tell anyone, it would have compromised the mission and the outcome. Fifth and Piramay were too smart and too in tune with things, if I had said something you all would have bumbled it up and we would be worse off than we are even now. I needed you all to not trust me to complete the illusion, there was far too much at stake."

Trystan looked at her and responded, "Well how could I trust you if you didn't want me to? It seems like I was set up for failure. I couldn't trust you but you needed me not to in order for your plan to work. I don't understand."

She smiled almost viciously and spoke through a hoarse whisper, "Only my Father knew the way and could see my mind."

He gave her a puzzled look and leaned back in his chair, exasperated. He stayed silent and looked at her a moment before turning his gaze to the fields.

Ceridwyn and Rayann were inside the kitchen area looking out at the two of them on the porch. They could not hear but it was obvious things were not going well for Trystan. Ceridwyn turned to look at Rayann and the expression on her face said it all. Ceridwyn touched her gently on the shoulder but didn't say anything, she was at a loss for words given the pain she could see Rayann was in.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Color_10Tara was looking up into those laughing, sparkling dark eyes of his and smiling as the children giggled, a few of the boys making kissing noises. She cast them a stern look, stopping them instantly then had the children giggling with her smile seconds later. "I would love to sup with ye, Gideon. I will wait for ye here when ye return so that we may go together." Her voice was soft as it usually was when speaking with the handsome knight. She heard a voice that sounded similar to Tynen's and jumped immediately looking around her green eyes narrowed in her search. She felt Gideon's gentle hand on her arm and turned to find his worried gaze on her. She gave him a shaky smile, "He is alive, Gideon and he will return", she said in a whisper not wanting to alarm the children.

"And when he does, he will have a surprise for I will be next to you and will not allow him to have you." He bent down then and gave her a gentle kiss on her soft lips, making her blush and the children giggle again. She closed her eyes, opening them when the kiss was over, staring up into his dark ones. "Tonight then, m'lady. I look forward to it." Gideon then left, his step light, whistling a happy little tune.

Tara turned around after a few moments and looked at the children who were all staring at her. The girls with dreams in their eyes and the boys with hope in their hearts that they would one day be as strong as Gideon. "Now....where were we?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:47 pm

Rayann was grateful for Ceridwyn's company and she couldn't have arrived at a better time. As they slipped off the porch to give Kali and Trysten some privacy, Rayann kept watching the interaction between the two and couldn't help but frown. That anger that was hardly contained was even less so as she watched how Kali with Trysten. She took several deep breaths and pushed her anger back down then swallowed hard.

When she felt Ceridwyn's hand on her shoulder, Rayann looked over at her friend and he pain and anger she was feeling reflected in her gaze for a moment. Finally she shook her head as she turned around and looked at Kali and Trsyten as they sat in silence on the porch. Her voice spoke to Ceri's mind and even mentally, it sounded strained.

~She's a stranger to me, Ceri. I knew she would be changed but I didn't expect her to be so.....mean. I know she still loves me. I can feel it. But it's almost like she wants to get into confrontations with everyone around her. Like.....she's going out of her way to disagree with others so they will argue with her. And no matter what I say or do, it's not the right thing. I'm to the point of just not doing or saying anything at all. At least that way we won't fight any. And from the looks of it, Trysten is feeling the sting of her words right now as well.~

She took another deeo breath and gave Ceri a small smile.

~Enough of that. How are the plans for your ceremony coming along? I wish I could help you. Have things gotten better in Heartlund? Is Nol and Kellan still there? I still can't believe she's alive. But, as Myth said, it explains why he suddenly disappeared.~

It was obvious Rayann wanted to talk about other things than Kali right now and she knew Ceri was perceptive enough to feel the emotions Rayann was feeling without any special ability to do so.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Ceridwyn heard Rayann's words in her mind and she teared up. She could not help but feel the strain within Rayann, she was like a harp string only one twist of the tuning key from snapping. She said nothing, though her thoughts were plenty, she knew that now was not the time and if she was to even attempt and give her friend council it would not be heard, at least not as she intended.

She turned and looked at Kali, her eyes traced the profile of her friends daughter, and she held her tongue. She turned to look back at Rayann as she spoke of Heartlund and she smiled softly, but with obvious sadness, "Nol and Kellan are still there, several more silver dragons have come to assist and Nol is in charge of them. The rebuilding is going smoothly and about a month ago people finally started moving out of the walls and back to their homes, though I fear much of the countryside was ravaged by the Dark Army and most will have to rebuild. If there is one thing I have learned in my years however it is never to underestimate the power of the human spirit, even those..." she turned to look at Kali once again, "...that are only half human."

She let her eyes linger on Kali again for the moment and then turned back to Rayann, "As for the ceremonial plans, Aeolis and I have a small request of you, well I should say that I have a request as it is my choice. As is the custom of the Elves I require a witness to the ceremony from my side, someone special whom I trust to attest to the validity of the vows made and to the promises given."

She could see Rayann's brows go up and for the first time since she arrived a small sliver of light crept into her eyes, "It would honor us, but mostly me, if the Princess of the Silvanesti, and my best friend would stand by my as I make my life pledge to Aeolis. So I ask you Rayann, my friend, and my Princess, would you be witness over the ceremonies?"

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Rayann felt her eyes well up when Ceri made her request. She dared to glance at Kali then back to Ceri and she nodded her head as her voice once more spoke to Ceri's mind as she hugged her friend tightly.

~I....I would be honored, Ceri. You're going to make such a beautiful bride. And I know Aeolis will be more than happy to speak his vows with you. He's so in love with you. I'm so glad the two of you will be sharing the rest of your lives together.~

She glanced out at Kali and Trysten again and sighed heavily.

~I was hoping that I would be helping my daughter plan her wedding one day but I don't think that's going to happen now. Not when Kali isn't receptive to anything but her own company.~

She looked back at Ceri and saw the look on her friends face.

~Say it, Ceri. What ever is on your mind, please....say it. I can see by the look in your eyes there's a whole lot you want to say. And o, I won't be mad at you for it. Right about now, I need to hear what ever it is.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Ceridwyn smiled broadly and hugged Rayann back, for the briefest moment there was happiness in the room but it was swiftly swept away as Rayann asked to know Ceridwyn's thoughts. Ceridwyn looked at her, her brow deepened slightly and she looked at her friend with the face she always used when she was about to give council. Rayann knew Ceridwyn as well as just about anyone, and she knew when this face suddenly appeared the news was never padded or softened, she merely spoke what she had on her mind, and she did it with the intention of bringing light into the darkness of the situation. She motioned for Rayann to sit and went to the kitchen retrieving two glass of honey-mint tea, her drink of choice, but a drink she always insisted on giving Rayann when she was about to deliver news not so easily heard, honestly she didn't even realize that she did it.

Sitting down beside Rayann she looked her friend right in the eye and she spoke aloud. Her voice was soft and wise, each word intentionally placed as if putting together a complex puzzle, "My friend. To say your daughter is different is only to state the obvious. None of us could go through what she went through and come out without damage. Kali did something amazing, we can't take that away from her, but what she did shattered her, she was alone for months and from what I have gathered not a moment of it was easy. She had to turn away from everything that she was, and I suspect she knew what the outcome would be for her. With the victory came a loss however."

She looked at Rayann who looked sadly at her daughter, Ceridwyn followed her gaze and continued, "It's not what you are thinking, she didn't loss herself, she lost Piramay."

Rayann turned to look at Ceridwyn and she continued, "Your daughter is like her father, she doesn't like to loose. We all see a victory in the defeat of the towers nine months ago, Kali sees a failure. She had to completely undo herself and become what she fought in order to defeat it, but in the end she didn't get the prize. One of her enemies still roams out there somewhere, and Kali is not the type to give up or let it go. I know you want her to be like you, carefree, happy, looking for love...," Ceridwyn turned and looked at Kali again, "The truth is she has already found love, and it's not the kind of love that buys a cottage and some land and settles down to have a family. Her love has always been and always will be the study of magic. She is never going to be happy until she sets her foot on that path and remains true to it. For the first time in her life that opportunity is truly before her and it will kill her if she does not walk it."

She looked back at Rayann and the look on her friends face spoke volumes, "I am not trying to upset you Rayann, but you wanted to know, and it is good to know. I have looked into her future and seen, she still has dark days ahead, she still has a lot she will attempt to overcome, and she is destined to be one of if not the most powerful high sorcerer that has ever lived. But she won't be able to do that clinging to what her parent's define as normal. If you love her, and I know you love her, you need to let her walk her path and make her choices without interference, whether you agree with them or not."

She sighed and set her tea down. Leaning forward she placed her hand on Rayann's knee, "Might I remind you that neither of us would be here if not for her choice to fight the towers from within? The entire world, especially the world of magic, was saved by her one act of selflessness. Her new physical weakness is not served to her as punishment but as a means of checks and balances. She would be too powerful otherwise, and the gods of magic are not willing to give her that yet, especially given the events of the last year and a half."

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:04 pm

It hurt. Like hell. But Rayann knew what Ceri told her had to be said and she needed to hear it. Rather she liked it or not or wanted to hear it or not. It was a fact of life and Rayann could always count on her friend setting things straight for her. As Ceri talked, Rayann glanced at Kali from time to time and saw how she sat there with Trysten in silence.

Rayann never looked at Kali's victory over the towers as a defeat of any kind, but when Ceri explained it to her like that, it made perfect sens. It also explained why Myth was a but more quiet than normal as well. He was thinking along the same lines as Kali; his enemy escaped. Tears welled up in Rayann's eyes once more and she felt slip down her flushed cheeks.

~I don't want her to go. I want her to stay here. Where I know she's safe and I can be here to help her. But I also know that's what I want and not what she wants. She more or less told me that just before you and Trysten arrived. I guess I just thought.....she would be happy staying here. But I DO want her to be happy, no matter what it is she's doing. It's just the thought of my daughter leaving home that's so distressing to me. But as you pointed out, it's not my life to live. It's hers and I will respect her choices. No matter what they may be.~

She looked over at Ceri and wiped the moisture from her eyes as she smiled as she reached out and huggd her best friend again.

~I knew you would set me straight, Ceri. I suppose that's why I asked you to let me know what was on your mind.~

She took a deep breath to calm herself even more then furrowed her brows slightly.

~How's Pela doing? Myth said he would bring her to Glen Durel when he returned when he got done in Silvanost.~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:41 am

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Mythban2

The return to Silvanost was difficult for Myth and his men, but for those returning they held their heads high with the memories of those lives lost in their hearts. The contingent of rangers had been gutted by Piramay and cost the rangers a hundred and thirty seven of the two hundred that departed. The foot soldiers fared better with only half their number dead or wounded. It was a costly endeavor but they had achieved the goal they had set out. The towers had fallen and the knight's keep while a bit broken still stood firm.

The grilling Myth received from the council was near insulting but he took it in stride with Ceridwyn and Aeolis at his back defending the choices that were made. Myth was kept busy being brought before panel after panel of counselors who had questions. Sometimes the +families of fallen soldiers would be there to listen to the questioning. No doubt they had been invited to witness the proceedings in an attempt to unnerve the prince. It was to no avail as Myth took it all in stride and remained calm at all times despite the veiled insults.

So it was that Myth's time following the battle was spent attending wasteful meetings. In time his day revolved around a meeting, time in the training hall, and time with his son Shaer. The vigor that Myth approached his training with was usually proportional with the amount of steam he needed to blow off after a meeting. It stood to reason that after nine months Myth was in exceptional shape. Today people in the hall knew that the meetings had been quite verbal and taxing on the princes patience.

Today the elders were questioning his effectiveness to lead any further engagements lest they yield familiar numbers of casualties. Myth stood eyes closed before the training dummy rigged up before him. He had been so hard on the training dummies that they had to be reinforced or be broken by the end of the day. Myth's eyes snapped open as he stepped in delivering a series of strikes that would have dropped any real man. His punches were lightning fast and strong enough produce large amounts of dust with each hit. Every strike he placed upon the dummy had a perfectly visualized face.

There was a tell tale crack as Myth lashed out once more and he brought his assault to a stop. He stepped away shaking his head as someone came to inspect the dummy. "I cracked one of the inner supports again... it won't take to many more hits to break it completely."

Myth said nothing else as he reached for his towel wiping away the sweat. He was grateful to be returning to Glen Durel this evening, While time spent amongst his people and with his parents was welcome he could no longer stand the presence of the council. With a sigh he exited the training hall and headed for his quarters.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:02 am

Ceridwyn leaned back and Rayann would be able to see that she wasn't exactly thrilled to be "counselor" with her friend, however there were times when everyone, including herself, needed to hear things straight.

She looked at Rayann as she inquired about Pela and Ceridwyn's face went instantly to a smile, "She is strong and has been assisting with the rebuilding of Heartlund as much as a citizen that spent their whole life there. Olwa travels back and forth between Heartlund and Silvanost as he is able, honestly the two of them are tighter than ever. Pela's fifteenth birthday party was fantastic, there was a huge party, the entire contingency of Knights lined the streets and she was made to walk from gate to Keep where a massive celebration was held in her honor. Though she won't readily admit it I believe that Lady Rose was responsible for ordering the festivities. Partly to raise the morale of the people but partly to honor 'one of the heroes' of Heartlund. Olwa of course was there and the two were inseparable, as if they have ever been since the end of the battle."

She inhaled deeply and sipped her tea, "Her training is going well, however she is showing signs of disinterest in furthering her study into the arcane and the path of High Sorcery, I am suspicious that she wants to live the life of a Wild Sorcerer, which is perfectly understandable given her history and background...," she shook her head softly and spoke almost to herself, "what a waste of potential."

The words might have seemed alarming and shocking, but any High Wizard that saw potential would have responded the same. To see such incredible magical attunement unfulfilled was almost inexcusable to most who had taken the trials. Ceridwyn had always been more forgiving of such things but in this case Rayann would see the disappointment on her face. She suddenly looked up and her cheeks flushed slightly, "I apologize Rayann, we don't need to discuss such things."

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections SirTrystan

She turned and looked as the movement of Trystan standing caught her eye. He walked over and knelt beside Kali. She looked at him, and there was the briefest shimmer of affection in her eyes, but it was gone almost as quickly as it appeared. Trystan leaned in and she turned her face, offering her cheek to his kiss. He pressed his lips on her skin and leaned back, speaking. Though they could not hear him Ceridwyn and Rayann would see by his face that he was giving his farewell. He walked in through the massive back door and cleared his throat before speaking, "Miss Ceridwyn, I am ready to depart when you are." He turned to Rayann, "Thank you for allowing me to visit Mrs. Rayann, I appreciate it."

He turned and walked out the back door and out to where they had originally appeared, Kali watched him as he walked to where the spell would transport he and Ceridwyn back to Heartlund.

Ceridwyn looked at Rayann and smiled, "Well, he won't be getting back without me." She stood and leaned in as Rayann stood as well, hugging her friend tightly and whispering, "I will see you soon my dearest, send word over the magic when Myth'alas arrives and I will send Pela to you."

She leaned in and kissed Rayann on the cheek and the two walked out onto the massive back deck. Ceridwyn walked over to Kali and knelt, "I hope you are feeling better Kali." Kali nodded and could not help but smile back at Ceridwyn's infectious light heartedness, "I will mix you up some more tea to sooth you. I will bring it back in two days when I return."

Kali nodded thankfully and spoke, "If you give me the recipe I can mix it myself."

Ceridwyn smiled and patted her gently on the knee, "I know you could my dear, but allow me at least this one opportunity to serve you."

Kali furrowed her brows slightly but nodded. Ceridwyn spoke, "When you are well I will give you the recipe."

Kali nodded again and accepted Ceridwyn's gentle hug. The Elfess stood again and looked at Rayann with a smile and then turned to walk out into the grass where Trystan was waiting. The instant she was with him the two flashed away.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 am

Rayann smiled brightly when she heard Ceridwyn tell her about Pela’s birthday celebration. For two reasons. One, Pela lived to see her next birthday and secondly, Heartlund had accepted her after the rocky start they had. Rayann knew it was important for Pela to have a normal life, well, as much as normal could be for the young woman. Her life was anything BUT normal but Rayann wanted to show her what it was like to live a human’s life in a human’s world. Rayann could just see the celebration and what Pela’s reaction to it all would have been. No doubt her blue eyes would be sparkling with excitement and wonderment.

As Ceri spoke about Pela's disinterest in furthering her studies in High Sorcery, Rayann’s smile faded. She was so in hopes Pela would want to pursue the same path as Ceri and herself had done but it seemed as though Pela’s early upbringing had more influence on her than they thought it would when it came to this decision. Like Ceri, Rayann was disappointed but after speaking with Ceri about Kali, Rayann knew she couldn’t force her own will on Pela. When Ceri apologized, she shook her head.

~There’s nothing to apologize for, my friend. Like you I would have liked Pela to pursue the path of High Sorcery but, as I am learning…~

Her eyes drifted to Kali then back to Ceri

~…what I want isn’t what’s best for those I want it for. While it disappoints me that Pela is choosing this path, I will let her make the decision about her life. After all, she’s the one that has to live it. Not me.~

When they saw Trysten saying farewell to Kali, Rayann once more felt a lump form in her throat. As he approached, She spoke to Ceri’s mind once again.

~I hope he will be able to move on. I know he still loves Kali very much, but it’s obvious she won’t be looking for companionship like that again.~

Seeing the look on Ceri’s face, she knew Ceri shared the same thoughts. When Trysten approached and thanked Rayann for allowing him to visit, she smiled softly and nodded, speaking to his mind as well even though she knew that form of communication was not his favorite.

~You are welcome to visit anytime, Sir Trysten. Even if Kali isn’t here, our home is always open to you.~

As he walked off to wait for Ceri, Rayann nodded to Ceri and hugged her friend tightly.

~Thank you. For everything my friend. I will send word when Myth arrives. I have a feeling it will be sooner than later.~

As Ceri said her goodbye to Kali and Rayann watched Ceri and Trysten leave, she looked down at the top of Kali’s hood and took a deep breath. Laying her hand gently on Kali’s shoulder, she spoke softly to her distant daughter.

”I’m sorry, Kali. For treating you like a child. I never meant to offend you in any way. I was merely trying to help in the way I thought was best for you. But sometimes, what I think is best for you isn’t what really IS best for you. Know that I will always love you, no matter what.”

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Pela

Pela was on top of the world the past couple of months. She threw herself into helping the Knights and citizens of Heartlund rebuilding their lives. It was the most satisfaction she’d ever felt and the more she did it, the better she felt about herself.

The birthday celebration had taken her by surprise and how so many people could have kept it hushed amazed her. But she had just returned from a walk with Olwa when she saw the Knights lined up for as far as her eyes could see. When Olwa explained what was happening, she felt her cheeks grow very warm and her eyes stung with moisture.

Pela and Olwa had been close since the battle but that night, they grew even closer. Much of it had to do with the fact she was emotionally maturing by leaps and bounds each day. And she was becoming humble along with it. In the past, she would have mentioned her own accomplishments but now, she didn’t wish to talk about herself much at all. Instead, it was those around her.

And she enjoyed spending time with the children when she helped Tara out. She taught them how to use the staff with remarkable accuracy as well as her acrobatic like moves. It also gave her the chance to practice her spells. At least the ones she was most familiar with. And to see the way the younger generations absorbed what they were being taught was incredible to her.

When Olwa was at Silvanost attending to his duties there, Pela spent much of her time in the training grounds. The Knights had cordoned off a section just for her and she was able to to keep the temperature down in the immediate area so she could practice without overheating.

And she was getting very good at her spells.

It was more second nature to her now than ever and the more she practiced, the easier it became for her. She could see the disappointment in Ceridwyn’s face the less she studied from the spell book that had been put together for her. In truth, Pela was more comfortable with what she knew best; the cold.

Myth had come to her a fe days ago and told her they would be going to Glen Durel by week’s end. This news both troubled her and elated her at the same time. She wanted to go to see Kali and Rayann and get to know Shaer but the fact she would be leaving Olwa behind saddened her more than anything. As it was, he had been gone now for almost a full week and she was certain she wouldn’t see him before she departed for Glen Durel.

She had just finished practicing and was catching her breath in her little area, sitting with her back to the main part of the training area. The temperature around the area was starting to warm back up when an approaching shadow caught her attention and she whirled around to see Olwa smiling as he walked towards her. She ran towards him and collided with him as she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Her voice spoke volumes of her surprise at seeing him again.

”I did not think you would be back. But I am glad you are. I have missed you so much.”

Closing her eyes tight, she held onto him and buried her face in the crook of his neck as she inhaled his scent deeply.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Kali felt her mother's hand on her shoulder and looked up as she spoke to her. Her face was rigid but softened slightly as the words drifted between them. Slowly she pushed herself to her feet and took a step, hugging Rayann tightly. Rayann could tell by the muffled groan that it was hurting her to do so, but still she held on and squeezed her mother tightly. It was the first real show of affection from her since they had arrived and when she finally let go and took a step backwards she looked her mother directly in the eyes. Her right eye was the familiar crystal blue that Rayann had always known, and the left side where her injury had been sustained was now an exact replica of Rayann's lavender color.

Kali spoke softly, "Things are... complicated, and they will never be the same. I understand your gentle, loving, kind nature, but I am not able to follow in those foot steps. The more you allow yourself to understand that the better off we are going to be. But this...," she gestured to the castle, "This is not my life. This is yours and fathers life, and Shaer will grow up healthier and happier for it. For me however, I can't cling to the lost childhood you want me to recover. That time is gone, it's over, and it can't be replaced with what I have... and I don't WANT to replace it. Evil happens for a reason, and what Fifth did to me as a child was a level of evil to which a new standard arose. What he attempted to do with this towers was self serving more than evil, but it was still not something that we could allow."

She took a few slow steps, her body was getting stronger every day but she was still weak. Leaning on one of the posts she looked out across the Glen and spoke again as Rayann followed her, "Never has there been a more beautiful and peaceful place than our family estate, and though I am your daughter, I do not have any inheritance in this place. It is my brothers, and he deserves it and I won't ever attempt to take it from him or make him feel unwelcome in it."

She turned and looked at Rayann. There was absolution in her eyes and she continued, "Soon I will be leaving for tonight the Lord of the Manor and his son returns. For all my love that I have I will not see my brothers home be a place of discomfort or disharmony. I will make my own home and it will be my refuge and my place of study. I will begin a new pursuit and from it will be a final victory."

Rayann would see in Kali's face that she was seeing her path clearly, there was no fork in this road, it was straight and firm. Touching her mother's forearm she turned and before walking into the house she spoke, "I am going to bathe and let the warmth cover my body. Please let me know what Father and Shaer arrive."

She walked into the house and disappeared down the hall that lead to the bathing room.

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections OlwaBanner

Olwa felt the impact of Pela and squeezed her tightly as she came to him. He spoke as she pressed her face into his neck, "I have missed you too me sweet Pela, I come not for a visit however, but to deliver a message. His Highness Myth'alas the Prince of the Silvanesti requests your presence immediately so that we can travel to Glen Durel."

He smiled and looked at her face, "You my love, are going home."

He could see the slight look of trepidation on her face as she looked around Heartlund, a place that had been her home for the last 15 months. He stroked her hair and whispered, "We will always be welcomed in Heartlund, but Glen Durel is where you will live, at least for now."

He smiled again as he spoke, "Come, I will help you pack."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Rayann closed her eyes as Kali hugged her tightly. While she wanted to hug her daughter as tightly in return, she knew to do so would be to cause her more pain so she settled for wrapping her arms around Kali’s frail form and retaining this moment to her memory.

The words Klai spoke were from her heart and while it hurt Rayann to hear them, she knew what Kali was saying was what Kali needed to say and what Rayann needed to hear from her. Rayann didn’t like the idea of Kali going off by herself but at the same time she knew all children had to venture out on their own. It was a fact of life Rayann didn’t particularly like but one she accepted.

Before Kali turned to walk away, Rayann reached up and touched her daughters face with a gentle, loving caress then slowly dropped her hand back to her side.

”I will. I promise.”

As she watched Kali walking away, Rayann felt moisture slip down her cheek and she turned to look out over the gently rolling grasses of Glen Durel.

One child was leaving home and another was returning. It was a bittersweet moment and Rayann didn’t like feeling like this at all. Best she get the part she didn’t like out of the way now before the others arrived. As it was, Myth was already going to be able to sense her emotions.

Wiping her eyes, Rayann turned and walked back into the castle to prepare for her husband and sons arrival as well as Pela’s. It would be the first time Pela was at Glen Durel on friendly terms and Rayann had given her a large room that faced the coast line in a wing that was all her own. She wanted Pela to have her privacy yet know she was among her adopted family at the same time.

Pela laced her fingers into Olwa’s as they started walking from the training area and she grew quiet as they walked. He knew her well enough to know she was deep in thought. That and the fact she was chewing on her bottom lip nervously. He’d said a few things that had her thinking and she was running his words over and over in her head.

She knew Olwa had commitments in Silvanost that he had to see to and she completely understood that. But it still troubled her to think she was going to have long periods of time she wouldn’t even lay eyes on him. What if he grew disinterested in her? Pela knew his father was quite overbearing at times by what little he’d spoken about him. Would he bend to his father’s will and abandon her for whatever his father thought was right for him? She hoped not.

She hoped he would follow his heart, wherever that would lead him. Even if it meant away from her. Pela could handle his leaving her to pursue what HE wanted to pursue but not because it’s what his father wanted him to do. To her, it was like being untrue to himself. Each time she tried to bring the subject up, he changed it or flat out refused to talk to her about it and she would let it drop knowing when he was ready to talk to her about it, he would. Until then, she would take what time she could with him and cherish it. Always.

As they walked to her quarters, several Knights acknowledged her and Olwa and greeted them with friendly nods and smiles. She always responded in kind, as did Olwa. Finally they made it to her quarters, larger ones that Lady Rose had given her when the Keep began to clear out, and she closed the door behind them. Walking to the wardrobe and opening the doors, she stared at her clothes for a moment then turned to look at Olwa. Her blue eyes steady looking into his and he could see there was something troubling her more than just leaving Heartlund.

”You said ‘we’ when you spoke about going to Glen Durel. Does this mean you will be traveling with us? Or….are you escorting me to meet the Prince then returning to Silvanost? I know you have duties there, Olwa, but I would be lying if I said I would not miss you. I do not wish to have sadness between us. But……I cannot help but be sad when I know we are not going to be in the same location. Please….promise me this one thing….that….no matter how far apart we are, you will not forget me and that we were happy together. Please?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Olwa walked with Pela through the Keep grounds and then into the upper floors where Pela's quarters were located. As she remained silent he allowed her time to think and put her words together. When she finally turned and spoke he could hear the nervousness in her voice. He stood without a word and walked over to her.

He brought his hand up and placed it on her cheek. Gently he brought her lips to his own and there was a light 'smack' as he kissed her. When he pulled away she would feel in her other hand a rolled up piece of paper. As she brought it up where she could see it the seal of Myth'alas was on it. She recognized it from the royal ring he wore and she then looked up to Olwa in confusion. He spoke softly, "I have been reassigned. I will no longer be stationed in Silvanost."

Her eyes went from confused to being slightly sad, he was looking at her, remaining silent. Thoughts lingered in her head, was this bad news? Would they be even further away and see each other less often. He looked into her eyes and placed both his hands under hers, supporting them lovingly, "You see, there is a lot that needs doing still, and the Rangers are being rebuilt. Veterans of the battle are needed across the lands to continue the support efforts and act as Ambassadors to humanity."

She swallowed hard and he could see her eyes pleading with him to tell her where he was going. He stroked her cheek and spoke, "I am too young to be assigned a duty outside of supervision, as part of the rules of Rangerhood I must be in active duty for a minimum of ten years before I can do so. As such I was left in an awkward situation where I would be the only individual of my unit left so it was decided that I would be assigned as Prince Myth'alas' personal assistant and aid, to be under his tutelage and housed with him to see that all matters of his personal and official duties are done. In other words... I will be living with him at Glen Durel."

Pela shrieked as she lept into his arms and he laughed as he held her off her feet. She was crying tears of joy and his eyes were also welling up slightly. He spoke again, "You can thank the Prince tonight, it was really his doing, not mine."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Pela’s voice was muffled as she spoke to Olwa.

”I will….”

When she lifted her head back up to look at him, she was smiling from ear to ear as her eyes shimmered with tears and slid down her cheeks to join the others. Her fingers weaved into his silk like hair before she leaned in and kissed him softly letting her lips linger on his for a few moments before she lifted her head to look into his eyes again. She felt him reluctantly release her and set her back on her feet. As soon as her feet set down she stepped back and punched him gently on his bicep.

”And you were going to tell me this…..when?”

She could see the mischief in his eyes and knew he was stringing her along on purpose. With the mood lifted greatly, she went along with her packing letting Olwa help her. That is, of course, until it came to packing her ‘personal’ attire.

Once she was packed and ready to go, she stood at the doorway of her quarters and looked around in silence. Finally she turned to look at Olwa and sighed.

”I did not think it would be this difficult leaving Heartlund. When I first arrived, I could not wait to leave, but now…..”

She shrugged slightly then turned and closed the door quietly behind her. As she and Olwa walked down the quiet hallway, she laced her fingers in with his once more.

”Ceridwyn is disappointed in me. I could see it in her eyes last time we talked. I think she knows I do not want to go down the path of High Sorcery. I just cannot bring myself to go through all of that. I am happy just doing what I know I can do and building from there. I really have no desire to learn anything new. I just hope Rayann is not as disappointed and understand my decision.”

She looked up at him again and smiled slightly as her fingers closed around his a little more.

”I am so glad you will be there too. It will make my transition less trying for me. And I promise I will not interfere with your duties. Do you suppose they will allow me to have my own room much like the one I am leaving? And what of your own quarters? Will you have a place in the trees or will you stay in the home with us?”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Mythban2

After a long bath to soak his muscles and wash away the dirt from his body Myth sat in a chair next to the hearth. His long crimson hair was hanging down around his shoulders as his emerald eyes stared into the fires of the hearth. His son Shaer was in his lap playing with the long strands of his hair. Myth chuckled every so often as Shaer gave a gentle tug or pulled sharply to get his attention from his thoughts. Shaer had an innate ability to know his father was lost in his own mind and needed to be reminded that there was someone in his lap.

Tonight he was wandering deeply as he stared into the heart. There was a time when he could stare upon the fire inside and his mind would turn to a sea of calm as he listened to the roar of the flames. However now when he stared into the fire he saw two distinct images in his mind. One was his daughter Kali charred and broken, and the second image was the one who inflicted the damage. It never took long for his blood to boil at that point, but this night he kept his mind focused on his daughter and wife pushing all thoughts of Piramay far from his waking mind.

He had spent entirely to much time away from home, but it was to be expected when all things were considered. He was the prince of Silvanost and the first real ambassador to the human lands years. He had to oversee the establishment of an alliance with the knights of Solomnia and Heartlund Keep. There was also the usual court business and of course the repetative special meetings about the events at Heartlund. The latter of which being the culprit of the many delays, Much to many of the elders annoyance a motion was put forth to close the matter in its entirety once and for all. Myth was grateful that the motion was passed all be it by a very narrow margin. Still it was the last hurdle keeping him from checking on his family.

So now he relaxed and waited patiently for his guests to arrive. The sun was setting on the horizon and Myth knew he would have company soon. Shaer's twin guardians sat at the table nearby having their evening meal despite being on duty. Myth had insisted that they take time and enjoy a meal and relax a moment since they would be leaving for Glen Durel, and they were not about to ignore an order from the prince.

Footsteps could be heard approaching on the wooden walkway outside and Myth stood from his seat with Shaer in hand. The twins had dropped their utensils and had stood as well moving to the flank the inside of the door. Myth simply waited patiently and finally there was a knock upon the door and Myth responded with an authoritative "Enter..."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:54 pm

As they finished packing and left the room Olwa grabbed her bag and slung it over his shoulder. He listened about Ceridwyn being disappointed and he nodded in understanding. He responded to her and his voice remained chipper, "I don't know much about High Sorcerers, but I can tell you that they see the world through a different lens than the rest of us. I would liken it to an artist that sees great potential in someone who doesn't want to learn from them or a Father who wants his son to be great military leader."

He looked at her with his eye brows cocked and a whimsical expression on his face, "They want someone to carry on the legacy you know? To take off where they stopped at the end of their lives. Especially since they wear red and white robes, they are less self motivated than those that wear black robes. My guess is that despite their disappointment they will respect your wishes, I mean ultimately they are not your parents and their authority really only goes as far as you let it."

She looked at him with a cocked eyebrow. He was right in a strange but also direct sort of way. He was obligated to the authority of his father because he was the son in a lineage of Rangers, but Pela, she was being house and cared for only so long as her will desired it. If she wanted to leave they could attempt to talk her out of it but ultimately it was up to her. He squeezed her hand lovingly and continued, "The flip side being that they took you in under no obligation as well, so it is a mutually agreeable situation, they want you there, and you want to stay, so it's actually a very pleasant deal and any disappointment will be fleeting."

He smiled as they stopped outside of Aeolis' office. He had been assigned by the Council of High Elves to remain in Heartlund with Ceridwyn to assist in the rebuilding not only of the Keep but also of a specialized facility within the walls for a garrison of Elven Rangers. Lady Fairwind had given him an office that was facing the remnants of the towers. Olwa knocked and Aeolis answered, "Enter."

Olwa walked in and Pela came in behind him. He reached into his vest and produced the paper with Prince Myth'alas' seal on it. Aeolis looked up at him and half-smiled as he spoke, "Well I guess this makes it official."

Olwa looked at him curiously and spoke, "I do not understand Heruamin, how did you...," Aeolis laughed light heartedly and spoke, "Do you not think I was aware of this for a while now?"

Olwa flushed slightly and responded, "I suppose I should have known Heruamin. I want you to know that I have very much enjoyed being under your leadership these last ten months, though I hope we won't be on a field of battle anytime soon when we are again I hope we are together again."

Aeolis smiled and nodded, giving Olwa a traditional Elven salute which was immediately returned in kind, "Good luck to you Olwa, and you too Ms. Pela."

Olwa nodded and the young couple exited his office and continued down the hallway. Olwa was smiling but didn't say much until they got to the portal to Silvanost. He turned to Pela who lifted her hand and spoke the words of magic which unlocked the portal and it swirled violently before settling and allowing them to see the city of Silvanost through the magical window. He turned and looked at her with a smile, extending his hand so they could walk through together.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Pela watched the exchange between Aeolis and Olwa and smiled as Aeolis wished her well.

"Thank you, Heruamin. I hope to find Glen Durel as welcoming as everyone has told me it will be."

With the salutes given and good byes spoken, Pela and Olwa headed to the portal that would take then to Silvanost. Remembering the words Ceri and Rayann taught her, Pela spoke the spidery words in an almost sing song like way. As the portal flashed, her eyes squinted slightly. As Silvanost came into view on the other side, she smiled then looked to Olwa who ws extending his hand. Taking his hand in hers, she stepped through the portal with him and was immediately greeted with the calm serenity that Silvanost seemed to always be. Turning and raising her hand and speaking the words to close the portal, she turned to look at Olwa again. As they walked slowly to where they knew Myth would be, Pela once more admired the Elven city.

"This is such a beautiful, harmonious place, Olwa. I am envious of you being able to grow up here. Not that I would trade my upbringing for anything for I got to spend time with Bad Rock and learn from him but this place....this beautiful calm place seems to give me sense of peace. I hope to be able to return here through my years if for nothing else than to feel this again."

She looked over at him and saw the way he smiled. There was pride in his homeland when she spoke of it like this to him and when he looked at her, she could see that pride even more. But she could also see a slight darkness that seemed to shadow his own happiness here. She never asked what for she knew what it was. Instead, she squeezed his hand a little tighter as they walked through the mostly quiet city.

Making their way to the Prince's private quarters, Pela knocked softly and when she heard Myth's authoritative voice on the other side bidding them to enter, she opened the door and stepped in, smiling and nodding in respect.

"Prince Myth'Alas....I have reported as requested to travel to Glen Durel with you and your company. And of course, baby Shaer."

The little boy smiled broadly at Pela showing his teeth that had recently decided to appear. Laughing softly at his antics, she reached out and tussled his hair then looked up at Myth smiling.

"I am told I should thank you for reassigning Olwa as your personal aid. I was in fear we would spend many long months without seeing each other. Now we will see each other on a regular basis. And I promise not to interfere with his duties to you."

She looked at Olwa and smiled lovingly then looked tot he twins and nodded in greeting. They nodded and returned to eating their meal. She looked up at Myth once more.

"I am all packed and ready to go whenever you are, Prince. Again, I thank you and Rayann for opening your home to me. I cannot thank you enough for that....and Olwa's presence."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:46 am

As Olwa and Pela made their way through the quiet Elven city of Silvanost, a pair of blue eyes watched them from high atop the lush trees. Ranewen Seregon had waited for news from Heartlund like the rest of Silvanost to see what casualties would come from Heartlund but in reality, she was only worried about Olwa. When she found out he was going, she felt her heart drop to her knees. She had even gone to ask him to reconsider the night the Prince had arrived to petition the Elders for assistance but she saw him engrossed with the white haired girl. Her eyes narrow and her jaw clenched as she felt that same stab of jealousy run through her veins. And Olwa seemed to be enamored with the human sorceress even more now.

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections ElfGirl

Since her first appearance in Silvanost Ranewen had seen the way Olwa looked at the girl. Had he lost his mind? She was human. Not Elven. Surely he had not allowed himself to fall victim to her charms. But the more she watched them, the more it seemed as if he had. Surely the sorceress had put him under some sort of spell. And that was going to put a cramp in Ranewen’s plans.

Since she and Olwa were children, the Elfess had been infatuated with him. Every chance she got, she made certain she was near him in some way. And since she was following in her parents footsteps to be a scholar, she spent a good amount of time around him when he had to come for studies outside his Ranger training.

Ranewen she made sure she caught Olwa’s eye each chance she could. She wasn’t like those girls who stood around and made eyes and giggled when he was around. She always struck up friendly, light hearted conversation with him each chance she got and just before that white haired witch showed up, he had even been the one to strike up the conversations with her.

But now…..she felt as though her chance at snagging Olwa as her life mate was slipping through her fingers as she watched him walking with the white haired witch. Ranewen’s hands closed into tight fists as she felt her distaste for the girl growing with each bitter second she watched Olwa walking with Pela.

As they made their way to the Prince’s quarters, Ranewen knew the rumors she heard were true. Olwa was going to be the Princes personal aid. And he would be with that white haired witch each and every day. A place Ranewen should be. Not some sorceress who wielded ice magic that was most likely nothing more than an outward showing of how her heart truly was.

A sly grin eased over her features when she picked up her own bag and made her way towards the Prince’s quarters. Ranewen had gotten close to the Speaker’s wife since Shaer’s arrival and in doing so had secured herself a ticket to Glen Durel. Something the Prince was about to find out himself.

Reaching Prince Myth’Alas’ quarters, she knocked on the door and when she heard his deep voice bid her to enter, she opened the door and stepped inside. Her eyes scanned the area and she saw the Prince standing with Shaer in his arms, the twin guards had flanked the doors and Olwa and Pela were looking at her curiously.

Ranewen curtsied deeply then stood up and handed the Prince a rolled up parchment with his mother’s seal on it. As he broke the seal and read the paper he would see his mother was insisting Ranewen accompany the Prince to Glen Durel to continue teaching Shaer since the child seemed to learn so quickly from her. Ranewen saw the way Myth looked at her with those penetrating eyes of his and she gave him a nervous smile before curtsying again slightly. Speaking in their native language, she let Myth know it was rather last minute for her as well. When she saw Pela furrow her brow and glance at Olwa not knowing what Ranewen was saying, inwardly Ranewen was rather satisfied the girl knew nothing of their language. She sounded most sincere and there was nothing that indicated there was anything other than what she was saying was happening.

”I apologize for the late notice, Prince Myth’Alas. I just found out myself. It appears your mother wishes me to accompany you to Glen Durel to help Shaer continue his studies. Only if you agree to allow me to go, of course. If you do not wish for me to accompany you, I completely understand.”

She gave Myth an apologetic smile then looked to Shaer and smiled brightly. The child returned the smile and seemed to grow excited when she turned her attention to him. Glancing at Olwa and Pela, she smiled at them letting her eyes linger on Olwa.

”Greetings, Olwa. It’s good to see you again. And you too, miss.”

Ranewen glanced briefly at Pela before turning her attention to Shaer again.

Pela looked at the door when she heard the knock and when the dark haired Elfess walked in and set her bag down, she furrowed her brows. She could tell Olwa knew her but how, she didn’t know. And she’d not seen her the last time she was here. As she spoke to Myth in Elven, Pela felt her brows furrow even more. She knew very little Elven and the fact the girl was speaking it in front of her didn’t settle well with the young woman.

Pela glanced at olwa and saw the surprise on his face as he listened to the Elfess speak to Myth. When she smiled at Shaer and saw the child’s reaction to her, Pela figured it had something to do with Shaer. But when the Elfess turned her attention to Olwa and spoke to him and only glanced at her, Pela immediately took a disliking to the girl but she kept her feelings to herself.

She knew it was rude to whisper in front of someone so she decided she would wait until she could ask Olwa what was going on when they were alone. In the meantime, she watched Myth to see what his reaction to the girls’ sudden appearance would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next