Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:37 am

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 OlwaBanner

Olwa sat back through dinner and tried to simply be an observer, the exchanges between Kali and anyone else that got into her sights was beyond interesting, it was down right frightening and he silently prayed he would never be on the opposite end of her wraith. The atmosphere didn't lighten until she left, but even then a gray cloud seemed to hover over the area.

As dinner ended and the Prince requested Olwa follow him he did so eagerly. They walked through the halls of the castle and Myth spoke, giving the duties as well as the freedoms that Olwa would experience. Olwa was more then elated to hear that their training schedule would be absolute, as much as he was not sure of his place in the military he did thoroughly enjoy his time with the bow and sword. To know that he would be training with Prince Myth'alas however, that was an honor of honors.

The pair made their way into the gardens and Olwa inhaled deeply with a smile, a slice of home away from home, he could not help but be glad such a place existed, but he was shocked to say the least when the Prince told him that this place was for him and him alone. Olwa bowed his head respectfully and spoke, "I can not thank you enough Prince, this is more than I could have ever asked for."

Myth laughed and patted him gently on the shoulder and responded that it was no trouble. The fact that Myth had also given him all the things he would need to pursue his artistic endeavors was merely a frosted bonus and he walked over, looking at the stacks of supplies lovingly. He turned and smiled as he spoke, "The truth is my Prince, I am not even sure what artistic path is my favorite, they are all so... interesting."

Myth smiled and nodded. The two exited the garden's and walked through the halls again. Knowing Myth well enough Olwa turned and spoke, "May I see the training hall?" Myth got an almost mischievous glimmer in his eye, Olwa knew of the Prince's penchant for hard training, and Olwa was eager to see where they would be practicing and working out together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:45 am

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 KaliBlack

Kali sat in her chair, the words of her spell book remained locked in place at her command and she studied the complex spells over and over, committing them to memory so she would have them available at a moments notice. She inhaled deeply, her heartbeat a constant and steady echo in her ears. She felt the dragon in her heart, the tamed beast that now bent to her will rested and breathed easily.

Her right hand remained on the large stone that sat on her table, her fingers gently swirling in a tight circle. She could still feel the impact of Piramay's spell, and she smiled unconsciously as she allowed the pain to course through her body. It hurt, terribly, but she could endure it, this was nothing compared to what Fifth had done to her mind as a protege to his ways. Piramay was a fool to lash out in such a way, to allow the magic of her brand to be unleashed so violently. Kali had learned and absorbed so much from just that one act and even now the formulation of her plans were revolving around that very moment of knowledge. How best to defeat a sorceress than to learn about the magic she wielded, the secrets that were unlocked still needed sorting out, but Kali was doing it, slowly, day by day. As soon as she was in her tower she would pursue the order of these mysteries.

She looked up the instant her mother stepped into the dark hallway of Kali's wing of the castle. Before her mother's hand even touched the door to knock Kali's voice came quietly, "Enter mother."

Rayann walked into the room, her face was grim and tired, but mostly it was angry. Kali could see it as much as she could feel it. She looked up from her spell book and locked eyes with Rayann, waiting to see what it was she came to tell her.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 RayannRed

Rayann had laid an exhausted Shaer down in his cradle just as the sun dropped below the horizon signifying the end of another arduous day. She had kept her emotions in check the whole evening after Kali’s rudeness at dinner but now that things had calmed, she needed to address her daughter’s manners with her face to face.

When Rayann heard Kali’s voice before she knocked, it didn’t surprise her. Kali was as intuitive as she was. Taking a deep breath, Rayann entered Kali’s quarters and approached her daughter. The weight of keeping things light and cheerful at dinner after Kali left and the time spent with company after dinner showed clearly on her face. The lines that appeared on Rayann’s features after the battle as a result of draining herself to the point of near death seemed deeper and more noticeable now. That and the fact her brows were furrowed deeply.

”I came to talk to you about your behavior at dinner, Kali. While I know the conversation we had earlier cleared up a lot between us, the fact you were downright rude and hostile towards our guests is no excuse. While I’ve always admired your straight forwardness, what you displayed this evening was unacceptable. I would appreciate it if from now on, when you are here in Glen Durel, you conduct yourself accordingly. If you can’t say anything nice to anyone then please use a little more tact when you speak your mind.”

She sighed heavily and sat down in the chair next to Kali heavily. Reaching up and rubbing the back of her neck with her right hand, she closed her eyes for a moment before she opened them and looked over at Kali again. There was sadness in her gaze yet understanding as well. Her voice was a bit softer now as well.

”I know you’re leaving. Soon. I don’t want you to leave here with hard feelings between us. But….while I know it doesn’t seem like it at times, I AM your mother and I expect you to respect me and our home while you’re here. I would be no less respectful to you in y our home once you finally get settled. Please try and understand, Kali.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Kali watched as her mother walked across the room. The lines of aging were finally starting to show, her mother was human after all.

As Rayann spoke Kali's face stayed blank and expressionless. When her mother had finally said her piece Kali responded, her voice was flat and emotionless, "You are right, I am leaving soon, tomorrow in fact. You have missed the point of everything mother, every single thing that has transpired in the last year seems to have flown right over your pretty white locks. We are mother and daughter by our blood and our bones, but we are so much different in the way we look at things. We share the path of the robes and both practice the Art, but there is no similarities in how we view the potential of magic on this world. You couldn't even bring yourself to trust in your daughter when I walked through the warding. I know your assumptions, you took me for a traitor and a turncoat, only father was able to see through the veil, much to his credit."

She looked at the stone on the table between them and her fingers continued to make loving little circles on the surface of it. The gray stone seemed to respond to her touch, humming with power. She spoke as she looked at the rock, "Tomorrow I will leave your home, I will not bid your guests farewell save one of them, and I will no longer be held to the standards of what you do or don't consider unacceptable. In my eyes your guests heard exactly what they needed to hear. Trouble is brewing right under your very nose and I can promise you one thing, my leaving the Glen will not bring peace to this place, it is going to take actions on your part that will be far more painful this this conversation."

She looked back up at Rayann and could see the questions in her mothers eyes, "So long as I have been needing your assistance to walk, eat, rest... our relationship is fine in your eyes as long as I am dependent on your motherly care. The truth is we began to drift apart the day I walked through the warding. Nobody understands why I did what I did, or why it had to be done the way it was done, and nobody ever will. Mostly, you don't seem to understand that my leaving is more out of your wish for me to respect you and your home and not continuing to treat you and your guests in a manner that is to your disliking."

Kali sat back in her chair and her eyes lingered on Rayann, "I meant what I said down there, Krynn is going to burn while the merriment of it's inhabitants ignores the danger. Everyone is celebrating the victory over the towers so they have turned away from vigilance at the even greater threat. I doubt they will open their eyes to see until it is too late and all of them are enslaved with chains of fire. So tell me what is wrong with my words and actions? Is it better to go along with all of you and ignore it too? Or is it better to say something, even to the disliking of my mother, and hopefully open someone elses eyes? I say the latter, already someone else at that table does have her eyes open, albeit not much, but she is beginning to see."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Rayann’s anger couldn’t be contained any longer. The voice of warning in the back of her mind was screaming at her to restrain herself but she simply couldn’t. Not anymore. She stood up and looked down at Kali with a look Kali hadn’t seen on her mother’s face or in her mother’s eyes before.

”And what exactly was I SUPPOSE to think, Kali? You’re angry at me for coming to a natural conclusion. I suppose the fact I felt part of me die the day I stood there and watched you walk through the wardings into the enemies arms doesn’t matter to you. While you’ve suffered greatly at what’s occurred, you aren’t the only one that has. That battle changed all of us. You’re he only one who bears the physical reminder of it. And while you claim we’re ignoring the fact Piramay is out there, yes, that’s right, I spoke her name in MY HOME, you couldn’t be further from the truth than if you were on the black moon itself.”

Rayann’s hands curled into tight fists and her eyes seemed to take on a stormy look to them much like Rorie’s used to do.

”Nothing’s gone over my head, Kali. I want nothing more than to hunt that fire wielding bitch down and kill her for what she did to you. Also for the threat she still poses to Krynn but mostly for what she did to you. And while you may think I WANT you to be dependent on me, I want nothing more than for you to be able to be your own woman again. And if it’s a crime to admit that I actually enjoyed being your mother while you recuperated, than I’m guilty as charged. But I won’t apologize for loving you. And no matter how hard you try to push me away with your hateful words, it won’t change the love I have for you either. Every time I see you wince, I feel the pain that caused you to do so. Every time you cough, I feel that pain too. Not physically like you do, but every day I wish I could take that pain from you and every day I’m faced with the reality nothing’s changed.”

Rayann turned and walked away a few feet before turning to face Kali again as she blinked back tears that stung her eyes and threatened to fall. She swallowed hard forcing herself to regain her composure as she looked at her daughter.

”I haven’t spoken to you about anything regarding that day or what will be done to prevent Piramay from doing something like that or even worse because I’m too afraid of what my emotions will do to all of us. Sometimes just the mere thought of the events that unfolded there make me want to lash out at the closest thing to me but I can’t let that happen because the closest thing to me always has been and always will be my family. So for now, I’ll bide my time until the day comes when the target of my anger is within reach and I can release everything on HER. And trust me, she’ll show her face again, sooner than any of us are ready for. Except for maybe you.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Kali watched as her mother flew into her outburst. She say, calm and composed, her finger still making small, loving circles on the stone. As Rayann lashed out and let her emotions fill the room she wouldn't be able to feel the build of magic all around them. Finally when Rayann had finished Kali suddenly stood up. There was no wince of pain, there was no appearance of hurt in her movements. She walked towards her mother and suddenly Rayann realized the backdrop of Kali's room was gone, they were both standing somewhere else. The room was circular, the stones were black and polished. Torches suddenly flared to life and everything was different, all Kali's things were replaced with much more extravagant and expensive looking items.

Kali stepped up to Rayann, her scarred face twisted into her crooked, charismatic smile and she spoke, "I hope that you learn someday that the power of your magic doesn't come from here...," she tapped Rayann's head, "...but here." She placed her finger gently on Rayann's chest right over her heart.

She stepped away and Rayann looked around in wide eyed confusion, Kali spoke before she could ask her question, "We are in my new home, which is actually a former home of a mutual acquaintance."

Rayann furrowed her brows as she realized they were standing in Fifth's former tower and home, Kali lifted her hand to stop Rayann before she could utter her disapproval, "Before you say anything walk over here with me and listen."

Kali turned, her black robes swirling around behind her and she walked to one of the walls. A circular door was shut and sealed tightly, she waved her hand and it unbolted and swung open. Together Rayann and Kali walked out onto a massive observation deck and looked out across the land, Heartlund lay in the distance. Rayann turned and looked at Kali in shock and horror, Kali spoke as she faced the city, "For you to hunt down Piramay would be a desecration of your robes. She is evil, you wear the robes of neutrality. As a representative of Lunitari you are forbidden to participate in actions contrary to the decrees of neutrality lest you set off a chain reaction of events that would disrupt the natural order the gods put into place. Only when Piramay acts can you respond, not before lest you risk the wraith of your goddess. Even then you can't intervene unless the actions you are fighting will tip the scale of balance in either direction."

She turned and looked at Rayann, "Even now, your anger motivates you to act in contradiction of your calling. Ironic isn't it that in your emotion is your true power, but in your alignment you are called to be emotionless?"

Kali inhaled deeply and spoke, "Ceridwyn is likely to ask you to participate with her, I am sure she has a grand plan to begin moving to hunt Piramay down, and she will be right to do so, the disadvantage lies in the fact that she needs you, where as I don't."

Kali looked at Rayann deeply, her lavender eye locked tight with Rayann's own and the sincerity of her next words was felt all the way to the heart, "I never accused you of not loving me, nor would I ever deny my own love for you. Unfortunately when you bottle your thoughts, emotions and feelings you will eventually vent involuntarily. Like a Gnomish steam engine the valve will split and the damage can be overwhelming. It would have pleased me greatly if you could have been straight with me regarding your feelings instead of pampering and babying me. Nevertheless I made it through, and I do thank you for attentions to my wounds. Unfortunately you are now nine months behind in preparing for the firestorm."

She reached and touched Rayann, instantly they were on a new level of the tower. A massive, circular library surrounded them and Rayann would instantly recognize one whole section as being her father's personal books and magical items. Kali looked at them and then to Rayann, "I took these from you once, again you thought and reacted to your 'natural conclusion,' assuming me a thief. Glen Durel was sparred because of my actions that day, Fifth was hours from ordering Piramay out to raze the whole place to the ground to destroy all this knowledge. As I took them from you then, so too am I returning them back into your possession. Now that my grandfather's legacy can exist without the threat of destruction I am comfortable in their return to their rightful place. When I melded with the towers my secrets became known to Fifth and Piramay. They had the key to enter the wardings at will, but removing these artifacts and books from the property made it not worth even their most minimal efforts."

She stepped back and then turned, going over to the Staff of Cells which was suspended over a piece of mossy stone. She reached and took it in her hand. The staff pulsed to life and responded to her touch. Rayann's fathers staff pulsed gently in Kali's hand. When Kali reached her she whispered a word of magic and the staff's light extinguished, sucked into the blue crystal at the top. Kali looked at the incredibly powerful magical item and spoke, "I know Papa carried this staff. Rorie inherited it and attempted to use the magic within it to kidnap me the second time. On that day I rightfully won it from him and it's alignment shifted to me. I have learned that it doesn't take the destruction of the wielder to unbind it, it only takes the willingness of the owner to release it to another," She looked up at Rayann, "I choose to release it to it's rightful owner."

She handed the staff to Rayann. Kali's face was emotionless and serious. Clearly she had been up to a lot in the nine months she was recovering at Glen Durel.

"Unfortunately there is little else to be said between us. You have laid out your words, I have laid out mine. I am sure we will see one another again, perhaps next time it will be on better terms."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Rayann was overwhelmed. As she looked around Kali's new home, formerly Fifth's tower, Rayann felt a sense of revulsion fill her. Her daughter was going to live....here? But when she listened to Kali talk to her about her love for her mother, Rayann knew Kali had planned on coming here all along and if there was nothing else she knew about her daughter, she knew Kali never did anything without precise reason. That feeling of revulsion was quickly replaced with one of understanding and acceptance. This was, after all, her daughters life and she would respect Kali's decision.

Looking out over at Heartlund Rayann was reminded of the events that unfolded there and while she wanted to stuff her emotions back down inside of her, she couldn't. Not right now anyway. Kali was right. Like that steam vent there had to be a release and this was Rayann's moment of release. Even as she looked out at the rebuilding of what was nearly destroyed she realized Kali had to rebuild her own life.

When Kali took her to the massive library and told Rayann she was returning Laclan's books, Rayann felt tears spring into her eyes. She thought she'd never see these books again but now, here she was, getting ready to take them back. She was at a loss for words and she looked at Kali with a renewed pride and love for her daughter.

But Rayann's emotions weren't finished yet. When she saw Kali with the Staff of Cells, Rayann's eyes lovingly caressed the staff. She had seen her father hold that staff so many times, she could almost invision him standing next to Kali and handing it to her. Like Kali was handing it to Rayann. What? Handing it to Rayann? Rayann blinked and looked to Kali then back tot he staff before her eyes settled on Kali's again. Her mouth slacked open slightly and for a moment she didn't do anything. Finally she reached out with trembling hands and took the staff from Kali. As soon as her hands touched the staff it flared to life once more and Rayann could feel the power pulsating through it into her then back out again.

When Rayann looked back at Kali, she could see the resolution ion Kali's eyes. And the understanding. Feeling what was left of her resolve crumbling around her, Rayann tried her hardest to stop herself from dissolving before Kali But it was of no use. Her daughter whom she had lost at birth and regained after a tumultuous meeting only to think she'd lost her again, was now giving back to Rayann the few things she treasured more than her family.

As is a mother's natural reaction, Rayann reached out and pulled her daughter in close, hugging her with all the love she had for Kali. She knew Kali wasn't all that fond of her empathetic communication when it wasn't needed, but Rayann was too emotional to find her voice right now.

~I never go to experience what it was like to feel you grow inside of me before you were born, but I've felt you grow within my heart since I discovered who you really were. You are my daughter, Kali Os Padraig Thel'Redin. And never have I been so proud to be your mother. Thank you. For showing me where my true power lies. And for letting me be your mother."

Rayann slowly released her hold on Kali and stepped back, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. She looked to Kali and nodded as fresh tears formed to take the place of the tears she'd just wiped away.

"You are forever welcome in Glen Durel. While you may not consider it to be your home, it is the home of your family. And you are my family."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Kali stood as Rayann hugged her. She brought one hand up and set it on Rayann's back. This was not the time or place for her to do more than let Rayann release her emotions. When Rayann pulled back and told Kali she would always be welcomed in Glen Durel Kali looked at her with her strange, duel colored eyes. Her lavender eye pulsed with magic and Kali spoke, "Of course I am always welcome in Glen Durel, I wouldn't expect otherwise."

She reached into her robe and removed a silver ring. Handing it to her mother she spoke, "There are only four of these, and I have only given out one as of yet. The bearers must receive them from me personally for the magic to bind. The warding of this tower is more powerful than it has ever been, and only those permitted will be granted access."

The instant Rayann touched the ring she felt the spark of magic release into her. It was warm and inviting. One look into Kali's eyes and Rayann would see that she was not evil, perhaps ambitious, but not evil. The look in Kali's eyes faded quickly however and they became emotionless and plain, "You need to get back to the Glen, Father is pacing by now I'm sure."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Rayann nodded and stepped away from Kali then looked at the library of books her father had collected over the years of his life on Krynn. She glanced at the Staff of Cells and saw how it still pulsated with magic and she lifted it out towards the volumes of books. Chanting the words of magic, Rayann's voice seemed to echo softly throughout the room a though she were speaking across a large canyon.

The staff flared to life and the pull of magic could be felt all around the room. The light from the staff reached out and slowly engulfed the volumes of books and Rayann at the same time. As soon as the last book was engulfed in the staffs light, the light grew more intense in color and in a flash, Rayann and all the books were gone leaving Kali in the silence of the room.

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Pela

Back at Glen Durel, the feel of an incredible pull of magic was felt by all. It was very sudden and just as suddenly as it appeared, it was gone. Pela had retired to her room and was getting ready to change into her night rail when she felt the pull. Instantly she felt her own magic flare and she bolted out of her room and own the stairs.

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 ElfGirl

Ranewen was just making it to the edge of the landing her room was located on when Pela dashed by like the hounds of Hades were on her heels. The Elfess snapped back and placed her hand at the top of her chest as she blinked down the stairs.

"By the Gods....is the girl possessed?"

Quickly picking up the hem of her skirts, she darted down the stairs behind Pela to see what the devil was going on in this new place. When she reached the bottom she couldn't see Pela anywhere but her Elven sight cold see the outline of where she HAD been. Carefully following the steps, she made her way through the castle. She could tell Pela's steps were leading her towards Rayann's private quarters where she practiced her magic and studied her spells. But at the same time, she began to feel the urge to turn around and run away screaming in fear. As her steps slowed the sensation increased. Finally she couldn't resist the urge anymore and she turned on her heels and ran away from the area in such a terror, she didn't bother to stop and talk to the Prince or Olwa as they came rushing into the area.

Pela, being Rayann's protege, had been given permissions to enter Rayann's private area, in particular, the Tower of Cells. While it wasn't a true wizards tower, it still had the same wardings as one. Anyone not invited by the towers owner wouldn't be able to get too close without the wardings of the tower affecting them. As it did with Ranewen.

Without thinking, she burst into the tower and found Rayann kneeling on the floor and using a staff to support herself. Pela thought she had been attacked and immediately called upon the magic she wielded to be ready at a pin drop to protect Rayann. Cautiously looking around as she advanced on Rayann looking like a seasoned warrior, she heard Rayann crying and she spoke softly to her as she still looked around in full on battle ready mode.

"Miss Rayann, are you OK?"

Rayann nodded and answered in a choked voice.

"Yes...fine.....please find.....Myth for me..."

Pela blinked and looked down at Rayann. Usually when she spoke to Pela about Myth she referred to him as the Prince or Prince Myth'Alas. For her to talk so casually about him like this meant Rayann was obviously not herself. With another check to make sure Rayann was truly alright, Pela darted from the area in search of Myth. It didn't take her long to find him as he was headed down the hallway with a concerned look on his face. He stopped when he saw Pela and she pointed in the direction she came.

"She says she is alright, but clearly she is not. She has asked for you, Prince Myth'Alas."

He glanced down the hall when Pela pointed that way then looked at the ice sorceress and nodded explaining he knew she was alright but something else troubled her. He slipped silently down the hallway and Pela watched him disappear behind the door to the Tower of Cells. After a moment, Pela relaxed and walked back out. She glanced around but didn't see Olwa anywhere. She thought for certain he would be with the Prince.

When Rayann felt Myth's presence enter the Tower of Cells, she was just getting to her feet when she felt his strong arms wrap around her. She collapsed against him as she sobbed into his chest. Through her sobs, she relayed what happened between her and Kali but more than that, she replayed the events for him in his mind so he could see what truly happened. Her emotions were so uncontrollable right now that she couldn't put her usual shields up to protect him from what she was feeling so he was receiving everything as raw and as powerful as she felt it.

Nine months of pent up emotion were now overflowing and there was nothing she could do to stop them.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:30 pm

]Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Mythban2

Myth was feeling a sense of unease and excused himself from Olwa's presence leaving the young ranger to his personal interests. The young elf had a strong interest in the fine arts and now it was up to him to find the path he wanted to walk. Myth had simply provided him with the basic tools to discover that path. His mind however had shifted focus to Rayann herself. He knew with out a doubt that she was the source of his unease. A quick pass of their quarters showed she was not there and Shaer was fast asleep. If she wasn't with Shaer then he could only think of two other places she could be.

Kali's study would have been the first place he would have looked but even he could feel the shifting of magic and knew that it was not coming from Kali's area. Instead hhe soun on his heel and headed for the tower of cells. He was suprised to run across Pela but the message she had for him was not. With little more than a nod he passed the young mage vanishing into the tower.

Although hsi eyes remained focused on Rayann as he entered the room he was already taking notice that the vast collection of arcane knowledge was now back in its proper place. More surprising was the sight of the Staff of Cells. Everything was snapping quickly into place as he approached Rayann and scooped her up into his arms. He was not prepared for the wash of emotions and images that washed over his mind. The last nine months here in Glen Durel passed through him with every shred of happiness, fear, anger, and sadness attached.

Myth did his best to put up his own mental barriers to remove some of the blunt edges of Rayann's emotions. All he could do was hold her close and weather the storm of her mind. These last months let alone days had been taxing on her and he regretted having to leave her to deal with this on her own. However he could only wonder if his presence would have made much difference. There was no sense in pondering the matter so he focused instead on letting his wife purge herself of these pent up emotions.

He could feel the emotional and physical fatigue that was assailing her body, and so he did his best to comfort and sooth his beloved. He carefully seated himself with Rayann cradled against him. He provided a warm embrace and his heartbeat remained steady and strong. He would sit with her and do his best to comfort her until she fell into slumber. He would then carefully take her to their room before setting out to see their daughter.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:44 pm

It had been years, literally, since Rayann was unable to control her emotions like this. Even when things developed the way they did between her and Myth she was still able to maintain a thread of control on herself to prevent him from bearing the blunt of her emotions, but now, it was simply impossible.

Her heart was breaking but at the same time it was mending. Her daughter had suffered at the hands of ambitious beings who wanted nothing more than to gain the power she could help provide to gain something that was never intended. A daughter she had just discovered not that long ago and had come to love with every ounce of her being. And now, that same daughter had moved on to her own life. And in doing so, had mended fences along the way to ease the burden of strain mother and daughter were both feeling.

No words were needed. At times like this, both Rayann and Myth knew when words were needed at what times. As the quiet comfort of her husband slowly began to surround her, Rayann was able to erect the barriers she kept in place to protect herself and others from her emotions. At the same time her out right sobbing began to quiet until she would only hiccup on occasion.

Finally her breathing became slow and steady and while Myth was certain she was asleep, when he looked down he saw that her eyes were still open. Feeling the movement Rayann tilted her head back to look up into his emerald gaze. Reaching up and cupping the back of his neck with her hand, she raised herself up and drew him down so their lips could meet in a soft kiss. Reluctantly breaking the kiss, Rayann shifted her weight and stood on shaky legs that slowly regained strength to support her weight.

Placing her hand on Myth’s cheek, she held his gaze and gave him a sad smile, nodding her head.

”Once again I’m reaffirmed in the fact of how much I really do need you.”

She glanced at the books that now lined the walls of the room they were in and glanced at the staff that leaned against the wall then back to Myth.

”While I’m glad to have these things back, it would have been nice to have Kali here with me to enjoy them as well. But I know she was stifling here. I suppose it’s one of the faults I have for being a mother. At least we both understand where we stand with each other.”

Leaning in to give him another soft kiss as he sat there watching and listening to her, Rayann stepped back and sighed softly.

” Thank you, mel’amine.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3