Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 am

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 AdairBanner

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 RajuBanner

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 NolBanner

Raju squeezed Kellan’s hand in return and smiled warmly, “Soon my friend, we will be sisters.”

For the first time ever, Kellan saw a tear in Raju’s eye. There was nothing but happiness and joy in her face and she was clearly choked up. She was inhaling to speak again when a gentle hand touched her on the shoulder and Adair spoke to both of them, “This is a day that will be remembered until the end of Krynn.”

Adair walked over to Kellan and placed his hands on her shoulders before bringing his face to her forehead and kissing her gently right between the eyes above the bridge of the nose. Raju gasped softly as Adair turned with a smile, “It is time.”

He vanished in a shimmer of gold and Raju turned to look at Kellan, her eyes wide as saucers, “Only one other time in all my days have I seen the High Born place the kiss on a non-dragon!”

Nol walked over and placed his arm around Kellan with a smile, “It is time we go to the lower chamber.” He reached and Raju grabbed his hand, the three of them shimmered and faded, instantly appearing at the lower level of the massive Hall of the High Born. As the light from their appearance faded Kellan’s eye sight became blurry and she blinked, rubbing at her eyes, Raju got close and whispered, “Easy Kellan, it is just the magic of the High Born coursing through you, your eyes will be blurry for a little while, but when they clear they will be clearer than they ever have been, you will be able to see as the dragons see, at great distance and with better clarity. It will make you a better rider, an advanced human beyond those of your kind.”

Kellan looked at her and Raju smiled as she kissed her gently on the cheek, “Come.”

Nol walked forward and bowed his head to the High Born as he spoke, “Kellan has arrived High Born, brought by your will to receive the passage.”

The High Born looked down and spoke with his soft voice, filled with wisdom and conviction, “Bring her so that she might find within her a new strength, and a new purpose to all things.”

Raju slipped her arm under Kellan’s. Kellan’s vision was already returning and just as Raju said everything had a crisper line to it, the lights no longer bothered her eyes, everything focused quicker and she was able to track dozens of objects around her at the same time, taking in every single detail instantly, “Come Kellan, the High Born is ready.”

As the two ladies stepped before him they knelt and the High Born placed his hand on each of their shoulders, “Raju Silent’Claw, silver dragon, high priestess of Mishikal, shimmering lady of the ancients, is it your will that this human be joined to you by spirit, but magic and by bond?”

Raju squeezed Kellan’s hand tightly as she looked up at the Adair, “My High Born, ancient guardian and eldest of our kind, I do vow with my intent and my will that Kellan receive my life essence, that she live as my kin, that she thrive with my cousin, and that she receive my heart beside hers so that she may exist no longer as a human but as a sister of the dragons.”

Her grip tightened on Kellan’s hand and the High Born spoke, “It is only by the intent of a willing dragon that this magic can exist, and the grip of magic is tight on Raju’s heart. I feel no dishonesty in her words or her mind, she is willing.”

He then turned to Kellan and spoke softly, “Lady Kellan, human, rider of the silver wing, bearer of the dragonlance by the hand of Father Paladine himself, I the High Born of the metallic dragons ask you to give your vow, will you accept this gift on the part of Raju Silentclaw, will you with your merged heart give full intent to be our kin, to use the wisdom of our blood and knowledge for the benefit of Krynn, and will you fight alongside us should the High Born call?”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Pela

There was merit to what Kali was saying and Pela knew she was at a disadvantage here when it came to battle strategies. Not that she couldn’t learn but Pela had never been in command of anything but herself when it came to fighting tactics. And the Nethermen were not known for being very organized when it came to the battle field. They charged in, weapons clashing to destroy by their fight and might alone, not in a predetermined manner.

”Do not be absurd, Kali. No one is asking you to leave. I am merely placing all the pieces of the puzzle together to determine what I should do and how I will accomplish it all. I invited you into my home because I think of you as my friend, and as friends, we can speak freely to each other without offending the other.”

Taking a deep breath, Pela looked at Gore’Rock, Branch and finally to Olwa. She could read the expressions in their eyes and knew they all wanted to voice their opinions on the matter but out of respect for her, they remained silent. For now. She glanced back at Kali and gave a small smile.

”The United Seven will convene soon. I will let them know what you have said and what you have asked of me. Once I hear from all of them, as well as my closest clansmen, I will talk to you again. I will warn you, though; it could be a few hours before a final decision is made. Will you please stay in our guest quarters until then? Of course you are free to move about the village all you wish. No one will harass you, but I offer you a place to rest as well.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 KellanBanner

Kellan knew the importance of this day and the significance it would have not only on the dragons and humans but on her as well. She would be held to a much higher standard than she had been in the past with the dragons and she couldn’t help but ask herself; was she ready for this?

Her light brown eyes, now that they were starting to focus in on her surroundings, looked to Raju then to Nol. Raju stood with shimmering moisture in her eyes and a smile on her face that rivaled the sun for its brilliance. Nol stood looking at her proudly with all the love he ever felt for her clearly shining in his eyes. Then she looked to Adair, the High Born. He dragon who had been given the trust of the metallic dragons and had seen into her own heart to see for himself, she was unlike most other humans. And not just because of what Nol had done for her when she had literally died in his arms. Finally she took a deep breath and spoke with all the emotion in her soul she was feeling this moment.

”I, Lady Kellan, vow to be kin to the dragons, use the wisdom and knowledge of the dragons to benefit all of Krynn now and for future generations to come, proudly fight alongside the dragons when called by the High Born and humbly accept this gift that is being given to me by the free will of Raju Silent’Claw, my sister. With every ounce of my heart, and every glimmer of my eternal soul. Est sularus oth mithas.”

Placing her right hand, fist closed, over her heart, Kellan once more bowed her head respectfully to the High Born.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 am

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 KaliBlack

“Absurd?” There was a ting of anger in Kali voice as she repeated the word. She looked at Pela and it was obvious her thoughts were swirling, yet she said nothing. Branch felt the tension and was not liking the silence from Kali, immediately she concluded that Kali was plotting and she tensed with the intent to pounce on the wizard should she try anything.

After a minute or so Kali looked at Pela, “I too consider you a friend Pela, if for no other reason that is why I even bothered to come here in the first place. Do you think I want to see you invaded by a horde of humans and Elves? Could I not have just sat back and watched the battle instead of putting myself in harm’s way? When have you EVER known me to do such a thing without purpose? Yes, I wish for you to accompany me to Icewall if and when we survive this…,” Her eyes focused on Pela but with all that had exchanged between them the friendly gaze that was there when she first arrived was rapidly dwindling, “…but even that is more for you then for me.”

She glanced at Branch who was coiled like a viper, “Calm yourself Elderwild, if I wanted any of you dead it would already be so. I have spells in my memory that could instantly reduce this entire domicile to smoldering rubble with every one of you in it. If my intentions had been hostile we wouldn’t even be exchanging words right now.”

Branch narrowed her gaze and relaxed her body a bit, “It does not mean Branch won’t be watching you.”

Kali looked at her with furrowed brows and a deep conviction in her voice, “As you should, as one of the protectors of a ruler it is your duty to watch and protect when the time comes.”

She looked back at Pela and spoke, “Meet with your clansmen and elders, let me know what they say.” She turned to leave and without turning her head to face any of them she spoke again, “Know that the passage of every hour means little to me, but it could be the difference between being invaded, or catching them off guard before they can cross into your lands.”

With that Kali stepped out of the door and onto the streets, one of the guards at the door showed her to the guest home right beside the home of the Chief, Kali disappeared through the massive door and sat by the fire, warming the chill off her bones as she began to hack and wheeze, the ash in her lungs finally getting the best of her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 AdairBanner

Adair smiled as Kellan gave her vow and he looked at Raju, “By the will of the dragon who gives her heart freely and the vow of the mortal that accepts it…”

Adair reached his hand forward and both Raju and Kellan came off their feet, engulfed in a warm golden glow that lifted them several meters off the ground. He twisted his hand gently and the two of them floated in a slow circle until they were back to back. He then stepped into the swirling gold mist and reached his hand to Raju’s chest, “By the magic of Krynn, by the approval of the High Born…” His hand turned translucent and he reached into Raju’s chest, she exhaled softly as his hand wrapped around her heart and lovingly caressed it. He could feel the cold of her blood, the slow, steady thump of each beat. She felt no pain, no discomfort, only the comfort of her father dragon as he opened his palm and a piece of her heart was withdrawn.

The two of the moved in a half circle again until now Kellan was facing Adair. He looked at her with a smile on his face and spoke, “…may this essence of life, this wisdom of ages, this strength of the gods, and the will of your sister comfort and guide you for all your days.”

He pressed his hand to her chest and Kellan would feel the warmth of his magic juxtaposed against the cold of Raju’s heart. She would feel every nuance of movement as he magically pressed himself through her bone, her tissue, her muscle, and ultimately wrapped his hand around her heart. The cold of Raju’s heart immediately melded with the warmth of her human one and the blood in her veins became as cold as ice, yet she felt no discomfort. Her heart stopped a moment as the dragon heart melded with her own, and Adair looked into her eyes with all the love of a father, “May this gift serve you, and all of Krynn.”

He withdrew his hand and kissed her on the forehead. A jolt like a spark coursed through her body and her heart began to pump again, her body tingled with the feeling of ice cold blood, and rapidly adjusted as he took a half step back in the glittering cloud of gold, “Speak of this magic, of this ceremony, and of this gift to no one who is not of your kind. It is not theirs to know, those who have not been given a share in our inheritance, and it is a secret that is to be locked within you. Only those who have stood where you stand are worthy of its mention.”

He stepped down and moved his hand, the golden cloud descended until they two ladies were on the marble once again and the gold cloud flickered from existence. Adair looked up and spoke, “I present to you, my sons, my daughters, my kin, the newest member of our family, Lady Kellan the Dragonheart!”

Thousands of roars erupted from the hall as the dragons assembled let out their joy in a fierce and glorious sound of triumph. The sound was deafening but Kellan would feel no discomfort. After a short time the roars died down and Adair looked at Nol, motioning for him to come beside them. He looked at Kellan and spoke, “And now, as your first assignment I charge you with this, retrieve Ceridwyn from her sleep, now that you share the same experience she needs you more than you know, for you are the only one who can help her.”

He turned and looked at Raju and Nol, “You two will accompany her, bound as three.”

Nol and Raju bowed humbly and Adair spoke, “May the gods protect you!”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 am

Pela watched Kali walk out of her home and let out the breath she had been holding. Turning, she looked at each of the ones in the room with her.

”Well…..it appears as though we already have a line of sight set upon us. I know you all have something to say. Please….do not hold back now. Speak freely.”

The use of dragon magic upon her was nothing new to Kellan but Adair was no ordinary dragon. As she felt herself levitated then backed up against Raju, it was almost as though she felt his arms circled around her, holding her, comforting her. It was the closest thing to feeling her father’s own embrace since she left home. And she welcomed the sensation.

What she wasn’t prepared for was the feeling of Adair’s gentle touch inside of her body as he melded Raju’s heart with her own. Again it was like her father was taking great care to comfort her yet oddly different. And the cold she felt when Raju’s heart blended with her own caused her to gasp. It was as though she was standing beneath and ice cold waterfall yet it was soothing instead of painful.

As her heart stopped beating, Kellan looked to Adair. There was nothing but admiration, respect and yes, love in her gaze. When she felt his lips touch her forehead followed instantly by the jolting spark of life, she gasped once more. The roar of the many dragons resounded within the lower hall and while she was certain it would have deafened her before the ceremony, now it didn’t bother her. Just one of the many changes she was going to discover.

When her feet touched the warm, marble floor, it was as though she were feeling it for the first time. Every nerve ending seemed to be alive and receptive to what it as feeling and yet she also had a sense there was no harm in such a thing.

As Nol stepped up beside her, Kellan looked over at his handsome features and smiled. It was a smile genuine and full of love. When Adair spoke about retrieving Ceridwyn, Kellan’s face grew serious and she bowed her head respectfully.

As Adair excused them, she looked over at Raju and couldn’t help but smile once more before she grabbed her new sister in a tight hug, whispering in her ear.

”We are truly sisters, Raju….Thank you….with all my heart…and yours…thank you.”

She glanced up at Nol as she hugged Raju then slipped out of Raju’s embrace to embrace Nol in an equally tight hug. While she was not one for excessive show of affection in public, her lips found his and she kissed him fully before she pulled back to look into his silver eyes.

”Have I told you lately I love you?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 OlwaBanner

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 BranchBanner

As soon as Pela gave her words and opened the floor Branch spoke up, “She is full of evil Istar’ostring! I can see it like a shadow hovering over her!”

Pela looked at Branch with a stern stare and Branch calmed herself, clearing her throat and continuing, “We cannot trust a black robed wizard, they are not to be trusted, ever. Their motivations are always for their own benefit, she doesn’t care about your friendship or your people, whatever she is scheming is for her own benefit and gain!”

Olwa stepped forward and looked at Branch before turning to Pela, “It is true that Black Robed Wizards are known for their ulterior motives and doing things for their own gain,” Branch had a sudden look of confirmation on her face, “However…,” Olwa turned and looked at Branch before turning back to Pela, “To categorize her as only seeking her benefit is untrue, nor can history confirm it.”

Pela looked at him and he continued as he addressed all in the room, “Kali did something so selfless I dare to hope I can duplicate it someday. The fact of the matter is that not a single one of us in this room would even be standing here having this conversation if she hesitated to act when and how she did. It is easy to look at her robes and judge based only on their color, but one glance at her face will tell a completely different story. Kali was resolved to fight the evil which was about to blanket our land in shadow and fire. Two wizards had plotted to erase magic as we knew it from Krynn, they tapped into an ambient force that even the gods don’t understand and ventured to use it for their own gain. Kali, stepped away from the army she had sworn to fight alongside and joined their ranks. At first, we all assumed betrayal, treachery, even evil. For almost a year we watched and became furious with the actions of the now three wizards who began waging a war on Krynn, threatening the very existence of every single creature that flies or crawls on this planet.”

“Finally the day of reckoning came, the inevitable battle which we all knew was coming arrived and we stepped onto the field, hopelessly facing a situation we were destined to lose. The wizards, one of fire, one of shadow, one of both, came at us with more power and magic than I have ever seen or even heard of. Just when we thought the day was lost as thousands of our troops were dying in the fray Kali did the most unexpected thing of all, she destroyed her own source of power, the very tower that was weaving all the magic together exploded in the most powerful way I had ever seen something destroyed, and the entirety of the battle shifted to our advantage. Without the ability to control their own magic or creatures, the other two wizards turned to kill Kali, but one killed the other, and attempted to flee. As the fire wizard raced to the collapsing portal which would take her to safety she spotted me attempting to get to Pela, and hurled a ball of molten rock at me that I had no chance to defend myself from or even dodge, the truth is I was watching death come right at me.”

He turned and looked at Branch directly, “The scar Kali now bares on her face is the result of her action, she stepped in out of nowhere and shielded me from that spell, the blast scarred her permanently and it took her almost ten months to get strong enough to leave her parent’s home in Glen Durel. On top of single handedly removing the rogue wizards plan from Krynn she saved my life, taking the brunt of a spell that was aimed at me.”

Branches eyes dropped to the floor in shame and Olwa turned to look at Pela, “In my opinion, Kali can and should be trusted, yes, she will do things in her own way, in her own time, and for her own purpose, but to say she does it for her own gain is to throw in her face and discount two of the most selfless acts I have ever witnessed. In addition to that I think her motivation in saving my life was not to gain a scar or rewards, I think it was done out of her friendship for you, she knew that she would suffer to save me, the shield she cast was aimed at me, not over me… she knew you lost your father to Piramay, I think she didn’t want you to lose me as well.”

The room was sullen and quiet as Olwa finished and stepped back. Gore’Rock stepped forward and looked at Pela, “After hearing what young Olwa had to say, I vote we trust her.”

Pela would see it in both Gore’Rock and Glug’Lug’s faces, they might not have been sold on the sacrifice or the saving of Krynn, but what Nethermen were more than willing to trust was bravery, and the story they had just heard told them all they needed to know about Kali.”

Raju hugged Kellan just as tightly and when Kellan spoke Raju responded, “We are sisters now Kellan, you and I, as if born that way!” She squealed and grabbed her again, holding her tightly.

As Kellan broke her hold on Raju and approached him Nol smiled and embraced Kellan in response. As she spoke he laughed and spoke, “I don’t know about lately, but you have certainly made it known.”

They laughed and Nol spoke, “We will attend the feast this evening and plan to depart tomorrow mid-day. It is a three day flight to Silvanost so we will want to be well rested.”

Raju punched him in the chest and he recoiled in mock pain as he looked at her, “What in the Abyss was that for?”

Raju looked at him and spoke, “For ruining the birth of my sister with business!”

Nol responded, “It is the order of the High Born that we go assist Ceridwyn, I ….”

Raju shook her finger in his face in a mock, angry manner, “Nol’Lore Silentclaw don’t you DARE attempt to leverage the voice of the High Born in this manner! He told us to go, he didn’t say when, and I won’t allow you to interrupt what is surely to be the most amazing banquet the Misty Isle has ever seen!”

Nol could only shake his head and laugh, “OK, OK cousin… you are right.”

Raju stuck her tongue at him and responded, “Of course I am right, I am always right.”

Again Nol shook his head and was about to speak when Raju’s mischievous smile appeared on her face and she and Kellan disappeared from sight.

The two ladies appeared in the grand hall where the banquet was just starting and Raju turned to Kellan, “We didn’t need to bring Mr. Buzzkill anyway.” She winked triumphantly and the two of them were suddenly surrounded by dozens of dragons in their humanoid forms cheering and congratulating them.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 am

Pela listened to the story Olwa told and with each reference to the things that happened, she could recall it as though she were still there. She could smell the burnt flesh, feel the heat of the flames, the desperation she was feeling thinking nothing they did would make any difference, hear the shouts of orders, the screams of agony and the battle cries of the enemy that was bent on seeing them crushed.

As Olwa finished up, Pela remembered how she felt when she realized both Olwa was about to die and the feeling she had when she thought Kali did die. Even now her heart constricted in her chest when she saw Kali withering in pain.

When Bad’Rock spoke up about trusting Kali, Pela leveled her gaze to her uncle’s then looked to Glug’Lug and saw he agreed with the Shaman. Nodding slightly, she took a deep breath.

”Thank you. All of you. I appreciate your honesty. I will speak to the Seven about this.”

The activity outside her home told her the members were arriving now as the member of each of the clans that made up the United Seven now lived in the Grand Chieftains village, she didn’t need to wait for them to travel long distances to convene. Glancing at the faces around her, she took nodded again.

”I suppose we should greet the Seven and begin this meeting. Time is of the essence.”

A few hours later, Pela knocked softly on Kali’s door, waited a few moments then let herself in. Seeing Kali sitting near the fire, she saw a momentary glimpse of the discomfort and pain Kali was constantly in and she felt a pang of sympathy for the wizard. But knowing Kali the way she did, she quickly pushed that aside and walked over to join her friend, keeping a little more distance from the fire.

”The United Seven have agreed to meet the force that gathers against us, with your assistance to help guide us.”

With a sigh, Pela flopped down in a chair and leaned her head back, closing her eyes.

”It was never my goal to become Chieftain of these people. I sometimes wonder if I am truly the right person for this or if I should pass my rule onto an actual Netherman.”

Opening her eyes, she looked up t the ceiling and saw the shadows that danced overhead.

”But then I think of what would happen to these misunderstood, loyal people if I did not.”

Lifting her head, she looked over at Kali again.

”Some days I wish to run and see what I can do to occupy myself and spend time with Olwa then other times I want to merely be left alone but I am unable to do either of those things. I suppose this is what my father meant when he said sometimes leaders are chosen by fate.”

Kellan didn’t feel the usual nausea she felt when she was transported by magic. In fact, it seemed as though she now had an internal stabilizer that didn’t require her those few seconds to regain her bearings. As she heard the roars and cheers of congratulations, she smiled and felt humbled by the many dragons that now looked to her with pride.

It was strange, really, to feel what she was feeling right now. It was as though she had known these dragons all her life instead of a few short years. And when she looked at Raju, it was as though there wasn’t a day she had gone without her sister. If she had to place a single word on it, she would have to say it was familial.

Lady Kellan the Dragonheart had a family once again.

And she couldn’t have been any happier.

Until her eyes lit on Nol once more when he arrived trying to look cross at his cousin.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Kali looked up as Pela entered and listened as she spoke. Her different colored eyes stay focused on Pela’s face and she remained silent as the young woman talked to her. After hearing all Pela had to say Kali reached for her pungent smelling tea and took a couple sips before leaning forward and looking her square in the eyes, “To pass on your leadership would be an insult to the memory of your father, Bad’Rock was misunderstood, but he was genuinely in love with you, all he did was towards this end, to see you fulfill the prophecy spoken hundreds of years ago.”

She leaned back again and ran her finger lazily around the rim of her porcelain cup, “There is no shame in wanting a respite from your job Pela, in fact if you don’t find a way to remove yourself from time to time then you will not only lose your health, but most likely your dear Olwa as well. Yes he is loyal, to a fault I might surmise, and he is deeply in love with you, but how can a relationship be made to thrive if time isn’t put into it?”

She looked at Pela who was clearly following what she was saying, “Do you think it odd that I repress my own physical desires? I do have them Pela, as much as that might shock you it is true. To say I don’t sometimes crave to feel Nol’s unnaturally warm touch on my skin again would be a lie, but I can’t give any man what they would really want, not if I am to walk the path I have chosen to walk. I can only give my love to one thing, which is magic.” She paused a moment and looked into the fire, “But despite my constant pursuit I do sit down to rest Pela, our bodies are not designed to work all the time.”

She coughed violently and brought her tea to her lips, sipping it’s soothing warmth into her body and spoke again, “There is no fate but what we make Pela.” She looked up at her and there was raw conviction in her eyes, “That is the way of the world, nobody gives you anything, not even fate… we have to take what we want.”

She moved uncomfortably and leaned deep into her chair, “As for the decision of the Seven, I am glad to hear that my presence will be tolerated, I am not lost to what the Nethermen think regarding magic, but I aim to prove to them that I can be trusted…,” she looked up at Pela, “I will not betray you.”

It was a rare moment of vulnerability from Kali, the speaking about her desires, her feelings, and mostly the pledge she just offered, it was in fact something she almost never did, but as she turned to look at Pela again, there was a rarely seen softness in her eyes.

Nol appeared in the Grand Hall and the gathered were cheering Kellan. He smiled and watched as they crowded in and offered their congratulations. Raju managed to pull herself away and walked up to him, hugging him tightly as she placed a soft kiss on his cheek, “All kidding aside cousin, she is an amazing woman.”

Nol smiled and nodded but then turned to look at Raju, “I already assumed you felt that way, what with giving her a piece of your heart and all.”

Raju laughed from the belly and nodded as she calmed, “Yes cousin, I suppose it was implied with my consent to do what I did.”

“Indeed.”

As Kellan made eye contact with him his face suddenly glowed with his love for her. He watched her and she watched him back. Raju looked up at Nol and then followed his gaze to Kellan’s. She really saw it, there was more in his stare than there ever was. She had known him to fall in love with mortals, with humans. More than most silver dragons Nol was completely smitten with them, and his hunger for their affection was beyond most of their kind. This however, this was different, this went far beyond what she had ever seen from him, and she could only smile knowing that she had not only given an amazing gift to Kellan, but also to her cousin. He would not need to watch her age or wither, she would be sustained now, and they could live together as immortals.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Pela knew these moments with Kali were few and far between with anyone and when she had the chance to look into her friend and see these things, it made her all the more appreciative to know she could be honest and open with another person, outside of Olwa and Branch.

Pela let her gaze drift to the fire as she contemplated everything that had transpired over the last few hours. And with Kali, she was afforded the quiet of the moment without interruption. Finally she looked over at Kali and stood.

”Rest tonight, Kali. When the sun rises in the morning, we will begin working together and figure out what strategy will be devised.”

She walked over to where the wizard sat and gently touched her shoulder before she turned and walked out of the guest quarters to leave Kali in peace once again.

Kellan was finally able to make her way over to where Nol and Raju stood together after speaking to the dragons who had come to congratulate her. Her face hurt from smiling so much and she was certain her features were going to get stuck if she didn’t find time to rest her muscles.

When she reached them, she stood between them and looped her left arm around the small of Nol’s back and her right around the small of Raju’s back. Looking out at the grandure before her, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly as she spoke softly.

”Never, in all of my life, did I imagine I would be standing here and celebrating becoming a sister with one of Krynn’s most ancient creatures. Or loving one with every ounce of my being.”

She glanced up at Nol then over to Raju.

”I cannot thank you both enough for all you’ve done for me.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:35 pm

It was early the next morning, Kali was down in the village center speaking to Gore’Rock and Blood’Scale when Branch walked up slowly and spoke, “Meaning not to interrupt, might Branch have a word with the lady wizard?”

Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock bowed their heads respectfully and Blood’Scale spoke, “We shall finish speaking when you are done talking with the Elderwild.”

Kali nodded respectfully and turned to look at Branch, the scar on her left cheek seemed to stare Branch directly in the face now that she knew its origin and reason for being. Branch looked at Kali and was silent a moment as she wanted to word things correctly, “First, Branch would like to apologize for how she treated you, it was not right,” Kali brought her hand up and touched it gently to Branch’s bottom lip. Her touch was unusually warm and Branch froze as she felt it. Starring at Kali she felt small as their eyes were locked and Kali withdrew her finger as she spoke, “You have a loyalty about you that burns like a bonfire in summer Branch, it is not a fault to feel love like you do. Like all emotions love can get the best of us… believe me I know.”

Branch nodded softly and could see in Kali’s face that all which needed to be said was said. Branch smiled and Kali simply gave a slight nod, indicating that the matter was behind them. As Pela walked up Kali and Branch both knew she had probably been waiting and had witnessed the exchange. It was more a matter for Kali that they all be in unison when the battle came, having bad blood between each other would not be a good situation. As Pela walked up with Olwa at her side Kali turned and faced them, “Good morrow Chieftain, and Olwa, I have been discussing our assets and liabilities with Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock. I feel we have a suitable advantage.”

Olwa furrowed his brows and spoke before Pela could, “How so?”

Kali flashed her thin, charismatic smile and spoke softly, “The Nethermen will be fighting for their homes.”

Raju smashed through the door and flung back the heavy curtains in Kellan’s room. She spun and gasped as she saw not just Kellan, but Nol in Kellan’s bed. She started laughing hysterically and shook her head as the two of them shielded their eyes from the bright sun that was now pouring in through the window, “Well but the gods sister, I did not know you were presently engaged within!”

Nol went as pink as a rose and Kellan too was showing all signs of embarrassment at Raju’s sudden appearance. Of course, Raju took the opportunity to expand on the moment. Instead of excusing herself and leaving she pulled up a chair and sat at the foot of the bed, “Tsk tsk tsk… whatever am I to do with the both of you.” Nol grabbed a pillow and flung at it her as he attempted to sit up but realized he was in nothing but his underwear. Shrinking back under the covers Raju laughed again as his face flushed to an even deeper shade of color and she turned to look at Kellan, “As for you sister, it seems that we are going to have to have a little chat about the birds and the bees… well, at least the bees, seems you already have some knowledge of the birds.”

A second pillow whirled at her, this time by Kellan’s hand and Raju ducked it easily. Nol sat up again and spoke, “What on Krynn are you doing here?”

Raju suddenly was covered in a look of innocence and covered her chest with her hand in exasperation, “Why cousin of mine! You said we would leave at noon this very day! It is already one o’clock.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 am

Pela glanced at Olwa then to Gore’Rock and Blood’Scale before she glanced at Kali again. A small smile began to creep onto her lips as she began to realize what Kali was speaking about.

”How delightfully wonderful.”

She looked to Olwa and saw he was still a little confused and she leaned over kissing his cheek softly.

”Nethermen lands have never been invaded before. Small raiding parties of unfortunate trespassers have crossed the borders into our lands but there has never been an all out invasion. For two reasons. One, who would be foolish enough to try and attack barbaric warriors who were fighters, born and bred, but the biggest reason of all…..would you want to cross paths with a Neterman on their own lands? Lands they knew like the back of their hands?”

She saw Olwa starting to realize the advantage Kali was referring to and she nodded.

”You know yourself that while our clansmen are large, they are just as stealthy as the Elves. So to think you could somehow come into our home seeking to do us harm, and since the clans have united now…..”

She glanced at Kali, Gore’Rock and Blood’Scale again, this time with a larger smile.

”I cannot wait to hear more about all of this.”

Kellan winced as the sunlight illuminated her face and caused a slight pounding in her head. The celebration went on for hours last night, well into the wee hours of the morning, and she had consumed a great deal of wine by the time she excused herself. Of course the fact that Nol was practically dragging her away had something to do with her departure as well.

As the realization that Raju had more or less caught them in bed together sunk in, and the fact she was wearing the shirt Nol had been wearing the night before, Kellan’s pounding head began to pound harder and she felt the heat rush to her face knowing she was as red as could be right now. Still, she managed to fling a pillow at Raju.

Burying herself further beneath the lush linens and Nol’s warmth beside her, Kellan tried to block out the bright light, her pounding head and the embarrassment she was feeling. But when Raju stated it was already past the noon hour, she practically turned and sat straight up in bed in one swift, smooth move, and had the look of horror on her face.

”Raju! Why on Krynn did you wait so long before coming to wake me?”

Throwing the covers back, Kellan slipped out of the bed, tucked her hair behind her ears and began to get her wardrobe ready for the traveling they would be doing. Her head began to pound even mnore and she paused to massage her temples as her brows furrowed deeply.

”I don’t suppose you dragons have anything for a pounding head brought about by too much indulgence the night before, do you?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:23 am

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 BloodscaleBanner

Kali turned and looked at Pela. There was a slight shining of interest in Kali’s eyes as she scanned the young girls face and she spoke, “Perhaps there is more Netherman in you than I thought.”

She smirked softly and turned to look at Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock, gesturing for them to come over, “It is my understanding that Blood’Scale is the leader of your most elite warriors,” She turned to look at Pela who nodded in confirmation of this statement. Kali nodded in understanding and turned to the massive stump which she had brought into the village center, “This map is a rough outlay of your land and borders, I am not a cartographer, nor have claimed to be, so Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock have been kind enough to help me recognize the borders and lay of your lands,” She ran her finger along the very large map, tracing the edge to the north and down towards the east, “The bulk of the forces mounting against you are concentrated between Alek-Khan and Kuri-Khan. This is logical considering it provides access to the easiest passes over the first range of mountains. This is the territory of Those of the Stone?”

She looked up at Blood’Scale who nodded in confirmation and she looked back at the map continuing, “There is also a second group consolidating just outside of Sanction, here.” She placed her finger on the map, “Those of the Sea are along this coast, and Those of the Hills, along the foothills that run up the coastline and cut east across the border towards Kortal.” Again she looked at Blood’Scale who nodded, clearly impressed that after only one telling Kali was retaining everything he had told her, “Since Those of the Hills are the smallest of your race my guess is they assume this smaller force will overwhelm them, however as second forces go this one is still of formidable size, rumor has it that troops are being pulled from as far away as Ariakan’s Rest and traveling down the Blood Road, more and more arriving every day.”

She leaned back and looked at Pela, “The summation of all this Chieftain is that you have quite a situation on your hands, one that will require an incredible amount of effort to break.”

She could see the look of concern on Olwa’s face and watched as Pela traced the map, over and over. Blood’Scale spoke, breaking the silence, “If I may Grand Chief, our thought is to bolster the forces behind Those of the Hills, counter sweep in and create a pincher movement around their flanks once they make their primary push, and invade Sanction.”

Pela looked up at them with wide eyes, the idea of invading the capital of Busuk, some of the most heavily fortified human lands due to its border with the Nethermen was not just a bold idea, it was one that would not be a walk in the park. Blood’Scale looked at her with confidence, but awaited her response before continuing.”

Raju leaned back in her chair and laughed heartedly as Kellan sprung from bed before realizing she was in no condition to do so, “OH sister… there was no rush to get moving, the big lug would like to think he’s in charge but when the chips hit the table he can’t even pull himself out of bed to leave by his own set timeline.”

Nol furrowed his brow and looked at her, “It is not a matter of getting out of bed…”

“It is a matter of soft skin, warm kisses and delicate gazing,” Raju interjected quickly. Kellan spun and looked at Raju, her cheeks flush with pink and Raju laughed again, “Please sister, it is not a secret that you two are in love.”

Nol flung another pillow at Raju, this time it connected and hit her in the side of the head. She laughed as she came off her chair and hit the floor with a thud, rolling onto her back and laughing so hard from the belly she began to hurt.

Rolling to her knees she looked over at Kellan who was now rubbing her temples and she shook her head as she responded to her question, “There is no cure on all of Krynn for one who indulges in too much wine save a walk in the cool air, plenty of water and the medicine of time my sister.”

Kellan looked at her with an expression that suggested she found no comfort in having to wait out her hangover and Raju sat back on her chair as she watched the two of them, “So, just for the record, I suggest we wait until everyone is fit to ride and fly rather than rushing forth and potentially having an incident.”

Nol looked at her in protest but knew that her logic was not going to be overruled with any argument to the contrary, turning to Kellan he spoke, “As much as I hate to admit it, Raju is right, we shouldn’t travel until we are truly ready.”

Raju smiled sweetly as she spoke to Nol with a wink, “Dearest cousin of mine, how many times do I need to tell you, I am always right.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 am

As Kali laid out the plan she had been working on with Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock, she couldn’t fit all of the pieces of the puzzle together until Blood’Scale seemed to put them all in order for her. When that happened, her blue eyes snapped up and she looked at Kali, Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock.

”Invade Sanction?”

Her eyes drifted back to the map and once more her mind was going over the plan that was laid out to her. She saw where Sanction was positioned from the Netherman lands, knew how fortified they kept the city and knew with the forces busy invading the Netherman lands, the force they would have to face at the city would be greatly reduced. She lifted her head once more to look at all of them and a slow smile eased onto her features and a twinkle appeared in her eyes.

”They will never suspect we have any intentions of doing anything but fight them off. And they will think they can overrun us with their sheer numbers alone. It’s pure genius.”

Her smile faded then as she grew serious.

”And will make us a larger target to those who wish to defeat us. When we do this, we must be prepared for the ramifications of such bold actions. Our lives will not be simple any longer.”

She looked at the others again and saw the conviction in their gazes that they understood her and accepted what the future held. She nodded in approval then.

”So be it. The time of the Nethermen has begun. Let us meet our future head on and without reservation.”

Looking at Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock, she nodded.

”Prepare the warriors for the plan that has been agreed upon.”

A few hours later, Kellan’s hangover passed and her head felt as though it was back to normal size. After a long bath, a good breakfast and some exercise that included a walk in the cool air, she felt like her old self again. She was packed and ready for travel back to Silvanost.

After a short time in Paladine’s temple, she emerged to Raju and Nol walking towards her dressed in her leather armor and wearing the cloak that had been given to her to protect her from the colder air at the higher altitudes. With a bright smile on her face, she greeted both of them with hugs and kisses then looked to both of them.

”Are we ready?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 BloodscaleBanner

As the plan was discussed and laid out Pela would notice more and more of her Nethermen beginning to gather. As she pondered and discussed what was coming Kali offered only one small comment, “This is an invasion Grand Chief, and it should be met with counter measures appropriate in response. You are right, it will make you a target, but it will also strike fear in the hearts of those who plot against you, to strike immediately at the very heart of the nation that seeks your destruction will send a message which will quake the very boots of those who back the invaders.”

Pela listened and gave the word, the Seven who stood behind her all nodded in agreement. They were a warrior nation, once divided, now united, moving forward with the conviction and the blood of those whom had itched for a thousand years to scratch beyond their borders. Their hand had been stayed by their own inner bickering and squabbles, but now, a threat from outside could be met with the ferocity that was always focused within. Pela was right, the time of the Nethermen was dawning.

Kali looked at Pela as the war cry went up and she smirked, speaking to her mind since the roar of the warriors was too loud for her to be heard, “War is in their nature, it is the fire that they carry in their hearts. Your challenge from this day forward will not be to rally them, but to keep them from conquering the world too quickly.”

As the war cry died down and the representatives from the seven clans began sending riders with coordinates of rally points Kali turned to look at Blood’Scale and spoke, “I would request you fight at my side when we move against Sanction. I will need protection while I cast, it requires a great deal of concentration and I am most vulnerable while I bend magic to my will.” Blood’Scale looked to Pela, with her nod of approval he turned and placed his fist over his chest, I would be honored Wizard and I will have six of my best warriors with us! Kali nodded in thanks and turned to Gore’Rock, “You and I need to talk in private.”

Gore’Rock had a sudden look of surprise on his face and he looked at Kali, and then to Pela looking for her permission to do so.

Raju and Nol went and prepared in their own ways for the journey. As the time approached when the three had agreed to meet again Raju walked in the garden with her chief handmaiden, a young silver dragon and Initiate Priestess of the Temple of Mishikal, “I am not sure how long I will be gone Alatula, however I want you to continue in the studies that we have laid out, and mind your duties while I am away.”

The young Priestess looked at Raju as they stopped in front of a giant fountain of crystal clear water, “I do not like that you are leaving, however I will not question the orders of our High Born. It is not that I fear anything happening to you, I will just miss you is all. I wish I could come with you so that I could experience and see for myself the Elven and Human lands you are about to cross.”

Raju smiled and spoke gently, “You are only 130 years old young one, and your studies have only begun a year ago. Our kin need you here and you need more training and knowledge before you can venture out. It is a very dangerous world we live in, there are many who will kill you on sight, and other who would fear you with no cause except for what you are. Your time will come, and I promise when it does I will be happy to bring you with me.”

Alatula nodded with a tear on her cheek and she stepped forward to hug Raju tightly, “May Mishikal and Father Paladin protect you Raju’Min,”

“And you as well Alatula.”

The two walked back towards the temple and found Nol waiting on the steps. Raju smiled warmly as they walked up to him and Nol stood, bowing his head, “Alatula, it is good to see you.” Alatula smiled and bowed her head respectfully, “It is good to see you too Nol’Lore, I wish you and your rider protection as you travel. Please take care of Raju’min.”

Nol laughed softly and spoke, “Raju has proven over and over that she needs little help youngling, but I give you my word that I will see to it she is protected.”

Alatula nodded again in thanks and left, moving from the Temple of Paladin and towards the Temple of Mishikal right beside it. Raju watched her until she disappeared into the great entrance and turned to Nol, “She is so young and inexperienced yet full of wanderlust that would rival a Kender, I hope someday she can see the world.”

“By the High Borns will she might get that chance.”

Raju looked back to the temple and whispered softly, “Or perhaps, by her own.”

She turned and looked at Nol with a sad smile and they both turned as Kellan suddenly approached. As she spoke Nol nodded and responded, “Yes Kellan we are ready, I have all your things assembled on my balcony.”

The three of them arrived at his balcony and Nol and Raju took their dragon forms. Several had arrived to assist in putting on Nol’s rider harness and lance mount. Once the harness was tightened Kellan took to Nol’s back and one of the assistants handed her the large dragon lance. Nol and Raju stepped to the balcony ledge and with an effortless leap both were in the air drifting up on the current above the Misty Isle.

The new blood that flowed in Kellan’s veins made her immune to the effects of the cold. The air rushed by her as it always did, but there was no sting of cold on her cheeks, instead it felt inviting and comfortable, as if it was meant to be. The muscles under Nol’s scales flexed and pushed with a steady rhythm as his wings pushed the air out from under him and brought them up above the clouds where they would not be as likely to be seen from the ground. Raju swooped over, playfully rubbing her wing across Kellan’s back and winked as she settled in beside Nol. Aiming at the sunset the three of them set out towards Silvanost.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Mythban2

Myth listened to the task given to him by his father. He bowed after taking a moment to look to his wife. Upon her acceptance he spoke calmly "By the will of the Speaker, and the blessing of this council we accept this charge." Myth was stood tall and focused upon the Speaker. "We understand that time is of the essence. Our affairs should be set in short order and we shall depart at first light." Myth bowed once more as they were dismissed and with Rayann at his side departed the council chambers.

The soothing sound of Rayann's voice in his mind always brought a smile to his face. He gave her a slight nod before responding "Nor could I melamin, I could not ask for a better companion."

"Father is a crafty one..." Myth chuckled as they walked and when Raann looked at him with a raised eyebrow he grinned

"He will likely be questioned about the wisdom of sending us on this mission and not a formal diplomat. He will reason that we were the best choice because we could make the trip on foot with out magical teleportation. A formal diplomat would want a proper fully armed entourage. However you and myself have experience travelling the wilds of Krynnn and know how to stay from trouble... Father also knows I am starting to go a little stir crazy around here helping with the recovery thus delaying our return to Glen Durel. I sometimes think he is jealous I can get away for a short time. some days."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Pela nodded to Gore’Rock after a silent exchange passed between them. She could see the unspoken question in his eyes but she had no answer for him for even she wasn’t privy to Kali’s thinking at times. She glanced at Kali, gave the slightest of nods then turned to see Olwa and Branch looking at her.

”The time has come for us to prepare for battle.”

There was a light in the young sorceress’ eyes as she looked at both of them. A light that had not sparkled for a while in her light blue depths but it was one they would know the meaning of. While Pela was a sorceress, no doubt, her passion, other than her Clans, was being a battle mage. Like an hunger that could never be slaked, she was looking forward to this upcoming battle as she did when her and Bad’Rock would set out on stalking their prey.

As the wind whipped over Kellan and the biting cold didn’t bother her, she relaxed and let herself feel the air pass over her without the need for protection. It was, to say the least, invigorating. As Raju playfully crossed over her, Kellan lifted her arms, laughing with rosy cheeks, at the dragons antics.

Her eyes could see clearly for great distances, scents in the air were reaching her nose and she found it utterly amazing she knew what they were and where they were coming from. Her ears could hear over the sound of the air rushing over her body and she could feel every move of Nol’s muscles beneath her.

Life, it seemed, now would be so much different for her to experience and she couldn’t wait to experience it all.

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 RayannRed

Rayann glanced up at her husband with a knowing smile as her voice spoke to his mind again.

~And allowing his son freedoms he never was able to have as the Speaker. ~

As they made the long walk back to their chambers, Rayann was both excited to be leaving yet hesitant of leaving Shaer alone again. She knew her husband felt her torn emotions and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. When they were finally behind the closed door, she felt Myth hold her hand steady and lokk down at her expectantly.

”I am looking forward to the adventure, yes, but I an mot looking forward to leaving Shaer behind yet again. I wish he could go with us but the danger is too high to consider it.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen   Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch. 7: Rise of the Nethermen
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3