Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 KellanBanner

Kellan had never considered what Kali was doing as leverage but it made sense. Obviously Kali didn’t ‘need’ anyone, as Nol has stated. But Kellan had a feeling there was going to come a time when she would have to use her diplomatic training to at least prevent something from happening. If that were possible.

When he stood up and walked towards her, Kellan felt her heart skip a beat and when he kissed her like that, time stood still for her. There was nothing but her and Nol and that’s all that mattered in that moment. That kiss made her feel weak and shaky yet strong and alive all at the same time. All of those wonderful thoughts rushed over her like a wave rushing onto the shore. And that oh so wonderful warmth she always felt from him, it only intensified the moment.

When he leaned back to look at her and she saw the change in his eyes, she nodded her head. Her voice was breathless when she spoke, but there was no doubt in the conviction within her words.

”I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life, Nol. While I’m humbled to have been chosen for such an honorable life, I can’t go back to it. Things aren’t the way they used to be. Not with me. And the time I spent away from them cleansed me of the toxic influence they had upon me. The political strings attached to being a Solamnic Knight is more weight than I wish to carry. I know there will come a day when I will be just a memory to you, but know this, Nol’Lore Silentclaw, I want that memory to be so strong there will be no way in all of Krynn you could ever forget me.”

Her hand rested on his chest where she could feel his heart beating strong and steady in his chest.

”Are you willing to love a human you will outlive for many, many years? One who loves you with every ounce of her being?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 NolBanner

As Kellan professed her love for him Nol smiled and looked her directly in the eyes. The instant she was done speaking he responded with no hesitation, "I do pledge to you that I will love you all your days, no matter how many they might be, and that I will always remain true to you."

He touched her face gently with his hand and looked back over Heartlund, "I suppose all that remains now is for the Solamic Knights to realize that all their politics and infighting only hinder their efforts and slow the timeline for keeping Krynn safe from the evils that threaten this world." He looked at her and laughed, knowing what he said was something that would never happen.

He glanced up at the sun and then towards the clouds where the portal was. Turning to Kellan with a sparkle in his eye he spoke, "It is almost eleven, what do you say we have lunch with Raju this afternoon on the terrace of her home? We haven't seen her for over a month."

He saw the excited look in Kellan's eyes of immediate consent. He turned to look at her horse and then looked at the small gap in the rocks where she came up. He whispered ancient words and the rock closed, effectively creating a large "pen" her horse could stay and remain safe within while they were away.

Kellan and Nol removed the horses saddle so he would be comfortable and a few minutes later Kellan was on his back and circling high around the mountain tops. Nol could feel her strong legs gripping his side, several times he intentionally dipped and moved so she would have to grip and adjust, the feeling of her legs pressing against him was exhilarating, especially given her words to him only moments ago. As he continued his ascent the portal sensed the approach and opened like a giant iris and swallowed them into it, they immediately appeared over the Dragon City of Claren Elian. Nol tipped his wing and headed straight for Raju's home, the wind whistling loudly over her body and his back. Kellan could see that he had already sent her a message via mind speak, she was already standing on the terrace waiting for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:27 pm

The instant Nol touched down on Raju’s terrace, Kellan slid off his back and ran up to Raju embracing her tightly. She could see the excitement in Raju’s eyes at seeing them again as well and Kellan was smiling as bright as any ray of sun could be. She saw the flash behind her telling her Nol had changed into his elven form and was coming to join them. Kellan felt more at home here than she did in Heartlund now and for her this was like coming home after a long, long absence.

”Raju! By the Gods it’s good to see you again. I’m so glad Nol decided to bring me here today. I could use the break. Not to mention be among true friends.”

She saw the look in Raju’s eyes and she waved it off, gesturing for them to go inside long enough to get their meal then come back out to the terrace. As Kellan walked into Raju’s home, she saw the two dragons embracing from the corner of her eye.

As she gathered up some meat, chunks of cheese, bread and some wine, she waited for the other two before she walked out onto the terrace and sat down at the table in the far corner. Taking a sip of the wine, Kellan closed her eyes as she felt it warm her all the way down. Opening her eyes, she looked over at Raju and finally spoke.

”Kali’s returned to the tower that used to be Fifth’s. She’s making it her home. And she’s already caused quite the stir with the Knights and Nol. I pray it will be something both sides can live with. If not…..”

She shrugged her shoulders slightly as she popped a piece of bread in her mouth and chewed pensively. She glanced over at Nol and smiled then looked over at Raju still smiling.

”So tell me, my dear friend. What have you been doing this past month?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 RajuBanner

Raju hugged Kellan tightly and kissed her on the cheek, "By the gods it is good to see you my friend."

She turned and looked at Nol who had shifted to his Elven form. He walked up and hugged his cousin tightly and she locked her elbow under his as they walked into her home. She was in her usual light blue dress and bare feet. As they grabbed some food and made their way back out onto the terrace Raju listened to Kellan and watched Nol's expression as Kellan said her words. She quirked her lips slightly and then looked up at the two of them, "Well, time will tell. She clearly was never aligned with them, but she is a wizard, and part human, who knows what thoughts are rattling around in her mind. All we can do is hope her intentions are good, however I can see why such a move on her part would cause such issues... one can only wonder if it is intentional to hide something."

She shrugged, "I have always been more suspicious than cordial."

She looked at Kellan as she inquired about what Raju had been doing this last month, "Well, I have been working with some new initiates into the order of Mishikal, that has been taking quite a bit... of... my, um.... time."

She furrowed her brows as her speech was halting between words and she tilted her head slightly as she was looking at Nol. Nol looked down and then back to her, "What? What is it?"

Raju shook her head and looked at Kellan, her eye sparkled slightly and she turned back to Nol, "No cousin... it is nothing."

Nol looked at Kellan and then to Raju, "No seriously... something is going on what is it??"

Raju leaned back in her chair and spoke, "Well, since you insist on knowing cousin. Kellan has asked me what I have been doing but I think I figured out what you have been doing, or not doing shall I say."

Nol looked at her curiously and his eyes darted to Kellan and then back to Raju, "I don't understand, out with it already."

"Well dearest cousin it's obvious you haven't been exercising, you got fat!"

Nol's eyes went wide as he realized he stepped right into her game and he thrust himself at her. She squealed as she jumped up from the table and dashed across the terrace, Nol caught her and tackled her to the ground and spun her over onto her back, pinning her arms to the ground, she spoke as he sat on her, "Get off me cousin, you will surly crush me with your great girth!" Nol laughed and held her fast as he looked down at her, "I don't think I could have caught you if I had indeed gotten fat."

Raju looked up at him and then winked to Kellan, "I don't know, perhaps you could have run by me and the turbulence coming off your pear shaped body would knock me over."

His eyes got wide and his movement to shift as she wiggled gave her enough to slip down under his body and spring back to her feet. She ran around and behind Kellan who was sitting and laughing at the cousins antics. She laughed as she took refuge behind the lady knight, "Oh save me valiant Knight! Save me from the terrible and VICIOUS dragon Nol'Lore Silentclaw!!!"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Kellan was laughing so hard she was certain she was going to fall out of the chair as she watched Nol and Raju. They reminded her of two grown children and in a sense,that's just what they were. Her light brown eyes danced with the laughter she had as she watched the dragons play. When Raju jumped up and ran behind her, Kellan held her hands up and feigned surrender.

"As soon as I find a valiant Knight to help save you, I'll be sure to send them your way."

Kellan could tell Raju knew there was more to her words than jesting and she slowly came around and sat down in the chair next to Kellan. Raju looked from Kellan to Nol then back to Kellan.

"Are you saying what I think you're saying, Kellan?"

Kellan nodded.

"Indeed I am , Raju. I've decided to give up my Knighthood and remain with Nol. I realized today that they will never change. No matter how many times they receive aid. Even from dragons who helped bring them back from the brink. I never knew just how bad their political bickering infected me but after returning, I can see how terrible it really is. Besides, after what happened today, I know I really don't want any part of their rank and file anymore. I'm just not the same person I was before I came to Myst Isle. I'll forever be thankful for all they've taught me but it's time for me to move on."

She looked up at Nol and smiled lovingly at him.

"I'd much rather spend my time with Nol either sitting around and relaxing having lunch on a terrace or riding him into battle. Whatever it may be, as long as I'm with him, that's all that matters to me."

She looked back at Raju then and picked up her wine glass and held it up in a toast.

"So....I raise my glass to the two of you for giving me clarity. And to all the other fantastic dragons I've come to know here."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 am

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 RajuBanner

Raju turned and looked at Nol. Nol returned Raju's glance and then walked over to Kellan, kneeling at her feet and looking up at her as he took her hands in his own, "Be certain of this my moon and stars, once you forfeit your Knighthood you will never be able to rejoin their ranks. It is a very rare thing to leave the service of the Order of Solamnia, so do not make this decision in haste."

He looked at Raju who was practically bursting from her skin. He looked at her curiously and Raju came quickly to Kellan and hugged her tightly, "You could always consider the service of Mishikal!"

Nol looked at her and shook his head, "Cousin, she is the chosen lance bearer, she already has an assignment from Paladin himself."

Raju nodded and smiled as she looked at Kellan, "I know, but we would be able to spend more time together if she was in the temple with me all day. Bah, no matter, you are my cousins rider, I will get to see you enough!"

She giggled and leaned in, grabbing Kellan tightly again and hugging her.

Nol stood and picked up his plate of food, nibbling a bit on some of the dried fish. Raju sat back down but had scooted her chair closer to Kellan and the three continued their meal. Nol looked over at Kellan and his voice was friendly as usual, but inquisitive, "So I know you well enough to conclude that this isn't something you thought of today or had an immediate change of heart. You have a family legacy of service to the Knights, what is it that caused you to walk this path, besides what you have already stated I mean. We all know that the Knights are a fairly political organization, more than they care to admit or confess, but sometimes the best changes can come from within... I only ask because this is a life altering decision Kellan, and I don't want you to regret it years from now. Obviously we would be honored to have you live here with us, your home is yours, the High Born does not reassign homes once they are given. Like I said, I only want to make sure you make this decision for the right reasons."

Raju looked at Nol and then to Kellan, "He is right, for once," Nol shot her a look but she continued, "You will always have a place among the dragons here on the Misty Isle, but as excited as I am to have you as a neighbor you do need to make sure this decision is right for you. I know very little about the Knights of Solamnia save for what I have heard and the brief times I have been to Heartlund in the last nine months working with the Priestesses. Is there a penalty for leaving the service?"

Nol spoke, "There is no penalty to the person leaving, but the family name can become tarnished." He turned and looked at Kellan, "You come from a long line of Knights, are there any heirs? I have never heard you speak if your brother had any children to bear his name, are there others that might be affected? Again, I am only trying to help you make the right choice."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:39 am

Kellan sat in silence for a long moment as she let all of their words and questions settle in about her. She knew they were right to have their concerns. They were ones she had herself when she first started thinking about taking this path. Blinking slowly, she looked from Nol to Raju as she spoke. Her voice was soft but like before, there was no doubt in her conviction.

”There was only Liam and I. We had no other family once our parents died. We had both hoped to someday find someone we could share our lives with and carry on the family tradition but, that never happened. I know Liam had a woman he was in love with in North Keep, but she perished along with all the others. I never even knew her name let alone got to know her. But the time I spent here, away from the Knights opened my eyes to a good many things. In particular the fact they are rather small minded in their thinking. What occurred today was nothing more than proof I’m making the right decision.”

Standing up, Kellan walked over to the edge of Raju’s terrace and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

”There’s more at stake than Heartlund. More at stake than Ansalon. Krynn itself is still in peril and they can’t see beyond their noses or beyond the borders of Heartlund. Even after your brethren showed up, helped prevent the scales from tipping too far out of balance and help them rebuild their little corner of this world they are slipping back into their previous ways. It sickens me to see that happen. There’s so much they could learn from all of you if they would just open their hearts and minds.”

She turned and looked at Nol and Raju again.

”Do you know how much it hurts me to see them treat you as though you were their equal, or worse, beneath them?”

Kellan shook her head and furrowed her brows.

”How easily they forget lessons from the past. If I were still in their ranks and stayed with them, I would eventually fall back into thinking like them. I can’t let that happen to me. To them, I’m still the Warrior of the Crown. Not the lance bearer. They can’t see what I’ve been charged to do is beyond any scope they could imagine. Even now, nine months after the battle, I still have not been given names of those thought to be capable of becoming riders like me. That in of itself tells me they aren’t taking me seriously.”

She walked back to the table and stood between Nol and Kellan then looked down at Nol and touched his cheek with her hand.

”You’re right, my sun and sky. The change has come from within. I know what I have to do and I know it could cost me my life but I can’t do it if I’m still held down by the political anchors of the Solamnic Knights. I have to be cut free. And I won’t be free until I forfeit my Knighthood. I can be true to myself and others without an oath to make me. And I can be diplomatic without rank insignia attached to my clothing. Everything I need is here…and here….and here.”

Her hand touched her temple then laid it over her heart then gestured to Nol and Raju then made a wide sweeping motion to indicate everything and everyone she saw.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Ladyrose2

The evening bells tolled and the doors to the church hall in Heartlund creaked as they opened. Rose emerged and her guards snapped to attention as she walked the halls. She was lost in heavy thought about a great many matters. The morning had proven troublesome and in the end caused her to seek council from the one being she trusted, her god. She left the church hall with a clear mind and a set path. Truths which she knew were illuminated and paths were set before her. As she walked through the halls of the keep she contemplated these paths.

As she neared her office Larrisa appeared as she always did. Rose looked up and Larrisa could see she was wrestling with her thoughts. "Larrisa see that my horse is prepared. I have business to attend outside of the keep this night. Ready my horse and my horse only... I intend to travel alone." Larrisa was about to object but Rose lifted her hand to silence her "I have to handle a delicate situation and I do not want anyone with me that may upset the balance of the conversation. If anyone attempts to follow I will have them thrown in the stockades."

Larrisa could only look at Rose with an open mouth for a moment before she bowed "It will be as you wish m'lady"

Within the next half a candle mark Rose was crossing the drawbridge atop her steed. Her men watched nervously as she departed heading in the direction in which they knew the dragons chose to rest. Even Larrisa watched knowing full and well Rose would know if she followed her. The knight commander took in a breath before urging her steed onward towards her fateful meeting. She could only wonder how things would turn out.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 KaliBlack

As Rose reached the intersection where the main road coming out of the keep forked in three directions there was a flash of purple light and Kali stood on the road. Rose's horse reared up slightly and stopped. Kali looked at the Knight Commander and then behind her as men of the city gate guards sounded the alarm and dashed across the wide field, thinking their Commander was being attacked.

Kali watched half amused, the field was almost 800 meters from the intersection, what good did they really think they could do? Kali looked back at Lady Rose and spoke, "It isn't safe to travel alone at night Commander Rose. There are many, MANY creatures that don't just bump in the night, they bite too."

Commander Rose looked at her hard and she spoke, "I intend you no harm or trouble, but I could not help but be curious as to why the Lady Commander of the Keep would elect to ride alone into a moonless night? One can only speculate as to where she might be going, or whom she might be seeking."

Kali turned and looked toward the rocky craig's where the dragons lived and then looked back at the Commander, "I figured the least I could do is save you the journey, the dragon's are not in their perch."

Rose spoke, "When?"

Kali shrugged her shoulders softly and responded, "I don't know the exact hour, but eleven flew at one point, then a half hour or so later the last one, Nol, departed, and his rider was upon his back."

Rose looked up towards the craig and furrowed her brow, Kali spoke softly, "You might want to call off your gate guards before I am forced to defend myself. Rose was suddenly aware of the thudding of boots approaching quickly, as she looked at Kali's hand she would see the wizard was rolling something in her fingers that was roughly the size of a shooter marble and her eyes were glowing slightly from within as she stared back at the Lady Commander.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Rose's brow furrowed as she looked at Kali. She took a breath before she reared her horse lifting her hand to signal the troops who were approaching. They were signaled to return to the keep and she watched patiently to make sure that they followed instructions. She watched them reluctantly slow before pulling back to the drawbridge of the keep but no further. Slowly Rose turned again to face Kali looking down upon the woman.

"I am more aware of the dangers in these lands than you give me credit for Kali. They are no more dangerous to me now than they were before these infernal towers were raised from the very earth."

Rose set aside the reins of her horse and dismounted patting her companions side as she stood now looking at Kali eye to eye. There were several responses to the woman's presence she wished to make but none of them appropriate for polite company. Instead she smiled and kept a calm collected tone.

"As to my business indeed you are correct in guessing I go to seek Nol and Kellan. Your words confirm what I already knew about the dragons that fly with Nol. I would assume however that they will return before to long and I intend to be here as Kellan knows that I would be seeking them out this evening after the evening bells."

She stroked the side of her horse idley "To what do I owe the honor of your presence?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Kali looked at Rose from under the hood of her robes and spoke softly, "I never suggested you don't know the dangers of the land Commander Rose, I was merely stating that it was odd to be going into the night alone. It is especially odd for one who does know the dangers lurking beyond your walls."

She looked at Commander Rose with a small smirk and her hand went back into her robes as the men finally retreated. When she withdrew her hand the small object she had been playing with was no longer in her hand. She looked back up at the pass that lead to the dragon's perch and then back to Rose, "The entrance remains closed, perhaps they forgot about you. Why not instead come to my tower and we can discuss our business."

She watched as Rose gave her a glance of complete distrust and Kali spoke again with a thin smile, "I assure you if I wanted you to go involuntarily we would already be there, I am asking as a courtesy to take you there instead of just grabbing you out of the night. We can call it a gesture to begin gaining your trust, I know my presence is unwelcome but if we are going to be neighbors, and I assure you we ARE going to be neighbors, we should at least have a small measure of trust between us, don't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Rose could not argue much with Kali's position on things. If Nol and Kellan had departed then the area was likely to be warded. She was still leery of the woman before her but that could not be helped considering the events of nine months ago. It was just human nature to do so and try as she might Rose was still very much human.

With a slight sigh she shook her head. "Very well.... you make a convincing point Kali. It would be better for all involved if we got started off on the right foot. Your gesture is.. appreciated."

Rose stepped forward as Kali lifted her hand. The moment Rose's hand touched the black material of Kali's robe she felt the world lurch as her stomach was left upon the field outside heartlund. When the they appeared in the tower Rose was grateful that she had decided to put off her evening meal until after seeing the dragon and rider. She was more grateful for having a moment to prepare herself or she would have emptied the remainder of her stomach onto Kali's floor upon arrival had Kellan not told her of the effects of teleportation.

Her voice was rough and unsteady "A unique experience to say the least lady mage."

Rose took a moment to study the room they were in. It wasn't opulent, in fact it was rather basic. A detail Rose would never have figured believeing mages to be beings of extravagance. It was amusing how reality was different from the stories one heard. She noticed the many instruments and ingredients laying about. Much of it beyond her knowledge but that was to be expected. Her eyes did finally settle on a table with a pair of chairs. "Dp you mind to terribly if I sat down while my legs settle."

With a nod from Kali Rose seated herself with a sigh. A slight shake of her head and she looked towards Kali "What business would you like to discuss lady mage?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Nol walked with Kellan as the sun set slowly over the ocean. His hand was wrapped around hers, fingers interlaced, the warmth of her palm against his own bringing a smile to his face. Finally they stopped on a high overhanging cliff and he turned to look at her, "The selfish side of me is glad you are making the decision you are, but the other side of me will be on the surface. I will have to act indifferent when you tell Lady Rose of your break with the Knights, and I assure you I will not let any harm come to you. We know of no penalty that can be directed at you if you leave the Knights voluntarily, desertion is one thing, laying in a resignation is another. Raju combed the archives after dinner when you went to walk in the gardens, she could find no evidence of a Knight leaving the service of Solamnia, but she could not find any laws regarding resignation either. I am certain Lady Rose will know, and she will most likely tell you, but if it is something vile I will not allow it, I just want you to know that."

He looked at her as the sun's last light faded. She was looking at him with some concern but he could see the question dancing in her eyes before she even asked it, "I won't bring any harm to them unless they press me and leave me no choice, but I will not let them take you either. I will also offer to have my eleven stay and assist in the finishing of the wall, I don't want to be known for abandoning a project in the middle. We will need a month or so and the necessity of myself and the other dragons will be complete. From that point, we can stay at Heartlund if you want to continue working alongside the Knights, or we can go and see if there are others that need our assistance, I will leave that up to you. I know that Kali has asked you to give her aid, so I will follow your lead once our work in Heartlund is done."

He reached and hugged her tightly, whispering in Draconic the words she had become so familiar with. Suddenly he heard her in hale deeply and step back. Kellan spoke almost in a panic, "Lady Rose, we were supposed to meet her at sunset!"

Nol grit his teeth in frustration, how could they have forgotten!? He instantly flashed into his dragon form and Kellan climbed onto his back, she wasn't dressed in her armor but it would be safe at Raju's. Nol lept into the air and the portal on the western side of the city flared to life as he shot through it. Instantly they were in Heartlund air space. He tipped his wing and they came from the clouds just in time to see a purple flash on the road, Lady Rose's horse reared back and they saw the last instant before Kali and Rose vanished from sight.

Kali placed a slender hand on Roses triceps and looked at her as the Knight Commander asked her about sitting down. Kali's smile almost danced across her scarred face and she motioned to a very comfortable looking chair. As Rose sat Kali spoke, "Many never get used to it, your response is understandable."

She walked over and grabbed a large kettle from the fire. The water inside could be heard tumbling and Kali turned to bring it over and pour some into a cup on the table between where Rose sat and another large, comfortable looking arm chair. Instantly the smell of tea filled the room and Rose would not be able to miss it was her favorite kind. Kali spoke as she watched the water fill the cup, "I remember this is what you drank before I left, I can only hope it is still your favorite."

She could see the thanks in Lady Roses eyes and she then poured water into her own cup. It too filled with the smell of honey-mint and she returned the kettle to the fire. As Rose picked up her cup she would notice there was no tea ball in it, nor tea leaves, but the tea within it was clearly what she enjoyed, and different from what was in Kali's cup. Kali had just poured two different types of tea from the same kettle. Kali returned just as Rose was piecing this information together and she sat down across from the Knight Commander. She looked at the woman steadily as she heard Rose ask her question, "Nothing more than the business of our being neighbors."

She sipped her tea and then set it down. Looking across the small gap between them there was mystery swirling in the young wizard's face, she was only letting be seen what she wanted to show, and her eyes traced Roses face a moment before she continued, "I know my presence is unwelcome, even now in your eyes I can see that you would prefer this tower, and probably myself, weren't in your sight. Unfortunately I didn't create these towers and I had little hand in them save for the part you already know. Fifth was the mastermind behind their creation, and this towers very existence. I am now it's master, but it owes it's existence to someone else. That notwithstanding, I can't control where he decided to do what he did to make it, but what I can do is control it, learn from it, and eventually use it to defeat Piramay."

Rose looked at her. Kali could see it in the woman's eyes, she knew that Piramay was still out there and still a looming threat. Kali continued, "You know she is still out there, she is waiting for the right time, and if I know that fire wielder half as much as I think I do she will come back to Heartlund for little more than to burn it to the ground. She won't have any motivation beyond her will to do so, and I can almost assure you she will make the attempt. As little as you want me around, in the end you are going to need me here. As much as this tower is a blight to your eyes, it is my home, and I don't plan on abandoning it to anyone."

She leaned forward slightly and her eyes locked on Commander Roses, "Do you understand?"
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Rose nodded her head in response to Kali's comments. "Though my knowledge is limited I understand what it is you tell me about this towers creation and the difficulty that would be involved with trying to remove it from the sight of Heartlund. As was recently mentioned to me they are creatures unto themselves and given the nature of their construction I would be hard pressed to argue otherwise." Rose sighed sipping from her tea enjoying the sweet taste.

Her thoughts shifted to the existence of Piramay and she suppressed a shutter. The very thought of the woman gave her the chills. Worse than that she knew Kali was right. Piramay was still living and breathing and eventually she would return to try and finish what she started. It was not a pleasant though but it made the discomfort of seeing this tower seem paltry by comparison. It was a fear she lived with every day as she watched Heartlund be rebuilt.

Rose looked up from her tea and examined the scars on Kali's face. "I would be a fool to presume you are here out of concern for Heartlund itself. Your concerns I believe are both far reaching and at the same time very personal. Taking residence in the tower allows you to study, but also allows you to prepare. It is the one place you know that Piramay will eventually appear before, and as such it gives you the best opportunity to take her down on your terms."

Rose set the tea upon the table "In short I believe that we are at an understanding of the situation. There are matters involved that make my personal distaste for this place seem irrelevant. As such I will do my best to ease any ruffled feathers in the city."

Rose stood slowly from her seat "The way the thinking mind of a mage works cause me no small amount of concern. Your own mind proves to be even more elusive than most. Based on rumor and fact I would attribute that to your father's blood in your veins. That said, I find it hard to trust people that I have a hard time reading. Your strategy for taking down the towers was a huge gamble that I know has brought you great personal loss, but also some growth. I can trust you in knowing that even though I may question the means the end result will be for the greater good..." Rose shrugged slightly "So to speak..."

Rose knew that Kali's issue with Piramay had more to do with vengeance than saving the entirety of Ansilon. By exacting her vengeance upon the woman she would deliver the world from a great evil. She had no intention of letting Kali do this alone. She would see that the city was prepared if the mage returned. Heartlund would not be a sitting duck living in fear of another beings shadow.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Kali listened as Rose spoke, and on more than one occasion during her talking she nodded softly. She had spent a great deal of time with Rose in the war room, so she knew that the woman was intelligent. When she spoke now however, Kali was impressed. She answered the Knight Commander, "Clearly Lady Rose, you have a much better understanding and appreciation for what is happening than most, this is a great credit to your position as well as the Knighthood."

She stood and walked over to the desk that was just off to the side of the chair. Turning she leaned back on it and looked at Rose, "There is more to the story however, no peace comes without a price. The Knighthood has always been riddled with jealousy and groping for power. There are those within its ranks that tend to their own needs before the needs of others. Sir Walter proved this, but his deeds were not the only ones that will cause you grief. Even now there are conspiracies hatching under your very nose. It is ironic to me that men who claim to follow the god of Paladin, the most vigilant of the gods of good, can hatch schemes of such twisted and selfish ambition... and they call ME evil."

She looked hard at Lady Rose and she continued, "What matters now is not that you and I have different reasons for desiring Piramay's death, but more that we have a common goal. With that in mind I think it is safe to say we can walk this path together, and hopefully to a more beneficial and desirable conclusion this time. Piramay will be back, there is no question. Once she learns that this tower still stands she will want it for her own, there is far too much power within it to allow it to remain in my hands. In a way I suppose you will come to thank me for playing the part of being the bait, but you may also regret the decision to rebuild the city of Heartlund on top of it's ruins. Piramay will not be the least bit please when she sees her handy work was repaired."

Kali looked up at the fire behind Rose, "She kills not for a purpose, but for the pleasure of taking life. She will have no strategic motivation for destroying Heartlund except that she prefers it that way, razed to ash." Kali looked back at Rose, "My advice is to seek out a way in which the city can withstand her attacks, only in the knowledge of the ancients will the key to defeating her be found."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Since the battle, Kellan had spent a great deal of time alone….and thinking. Many times when Nol and the others went to the rocks to cool down, Kellan would return to her sparse quarters in the Keep and sit….and think. Most of what she thought about were the duties she’d been charged with by Paladin and the High Born themselves. She knew they were in line with her training as a Knight, but there was also a large separation from her duties as a Knight as well and that was where she was having the most conflict.

After dinner the walk in the gardens gave her more time to think about the decision she came to and when she got to a particular place where the flowers seemed to surround her, she always sat down and looked at them. Her memories would take her back to her time as a child when she and Liam would pretend they were Knights. Then she would flash forward to the day when Liam was sent to become a Squire. Then another flash forward a few years later when she was finally chosen for her own Squire hood. She was so full of ambition and desire to be as good if not better than Liam.

Then the tragedy of North Keep brought everything down around her. She still missed Liam deeply and there were times she still wept for his loss but those times were becoming less and less frequent. Like now. In the past when she walked to this place she would shed tears for her brother but today, she still mourned him but Kellan didn’t shed any tears.

As peace came to her once more, she felt the presence of Paladin all around her and knew she had made the right decision. As difficult as it was to come to, it was the right one for her. She would still work hand in hand with the Knights, if they would allow her to, until she knew it was time for her and Nol and his flight to move on. Maybe Rose would even find the needed trainees by then.

With a deep, contented sigh, she walked back to join Nol for one last evening walk before they returned to Heartlund for the night. She loved the feel of his fingers entwined with her own. There was something unique about their relationship that went far beyond the fact they were two different species. They had a common bond in that they couldn't let evil become too powerful lest Krynn find itself on the tip of a very sharp, hungry blade.

As Nol spoke to her about the possibility of retribution for leaving the ranks of the Knights, she was grateful to know he wouldn't allow them to punish her viciously for making a personal decision. Kellan hadn't heard of any such a punishment either, but then again, she never knew a person who had given up the Order. As he put her mind at ease by letting her know he would do only what he had to in order to protect her, she felt her worries ease.

That is until she remembered the meting with Rose. As quickly as she had remembered, Nol had them back in Heartlund just in time to see Rose disappear in a flash of lavender as her horse spooked. Clenching her jaw at her own lack of responsibility, she leaned down and spoke to Nol.

"Set down just beyond those trees and I'll gather Rose's horse. Kali will bring her back here. I don't want to interrupt the conversation they're having right now. I believe it would be rather rude of me to arrive late."

As Nol glided in for a landing, Kellan slid off his shoulders and down his front leg as though she were a child sliding down a slide. IN a flash,m Nol was in his Elven form following closely behind Kellan. Rose's horse was still spooked by all that had just suddenly happened and it was all Kellan could do to gain the beasts trust and grab a hold of his reins. Even then he reared a couple of times before she was able to get him under control. Finally after some calm, soothing words and a stroke of his neck, he lost the wild look in his eyes and seemed to now be curious of his surroundings.

She looked over at Nol and gave him a smile as she stroked the horses neck still.

"Thank you. For taking me to see Raju and spend some time away from here. I never realized how much I needed it until then."
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:54 am

Rose was silent but attentive as Kalie spoke. Her words did not fall upon deaf ears. "I am not fond of the political games of the knighthood. Yet here I stand in one of the highest posts of my order. Schemers and snakes will only make it so far in this world before Paladine's light shows them to be the creatures that they are, and when that moment comes I will be standing there with my hammer in hand ready to deliver them unto his mercy." Rose radiated an inner light as she spoke looking to the heavens.

Rose blinked her eyes and took a moment to clear her throat "I beg you pardon..."

Rose reached for her tea taking a long draw finishing off the glass. "I have given the magical defenses of Heartlund a great deal of thought. I remember coming across an elven mage in my early years traveling with my life's love while serving the knighthood. He kept to himself secreted away in the mountains and we happened upon him by pure chance it seemed. Our group had been ambushed by a rather nasty group of hobgoblins when the mage appeared. Most of the spells he cast appeared defensive in nature. I remember that he never once cast anything remotely offensive. In fact it was my companions and I who dispensed with the trolls. I remember sitting with him later discussing the matter and he talked of only studying magical defenses. He had traveled into the hills to practice and perfect his craft."

Rose reached out with her hand running her fingers over the wood of the table. "Shortly after the fall of the towers I sent men out in search of this mage. At the time he had some interesting ideas and concepts in the field of wards and magical defenses. He was happy to talk to a non-mage types about it. I presume because we could barely understand the application and also were incapable of using his own work claiming it to be our own. Sadly all of my riders came back empty handed. In the end it was Larrisa who happened to encounter him. She was traveling through the mountains returning from her personal leave when she crossed his path. From what I was told he was curious what was happening and was traveling this direction."

Rose now leaned against the table. Cautiously at first till she knew her weight was supported. "She offered to guide him but he chose to travel alone at his own pace. By my guess he should arrive in Heartlund in about a weeks time. If he has improved upon any of his work he could be someone to speak to about warding the city.... I believe his name was Kir Suk'anar."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

The gate guard was rushing to the area as they saw their Commander disappear. Several began to break off and head back to the Keep as one screamed, "Sound the alarm!!" Nol flashed to his dragon form and lept into the air and routed them before they could get to the gate, "STOP! Commander Rose is not in danger!" He turned back into his Elven form to keep things from becoming too worry some.

One of them looked hard at Nol, "The black witch has just taken her!" He pointed and Nol gazed in the direction of the man's finger. He was pointing directly at the black tower. Nol turned back and looked at him, "I assure you that Commander Rose is safe." The man took half a step towards Nol and spoke again, "If she is alright why would she be taken away!?!" Nol countered by taking a step towards the man, who immediately backed up, "You assume too much, if Kali wanted Commander Rose dead she would have struck her dead, if her Ladyship went then it was of her own accord."

Nol wasn't one hundred percent certain of what he just said, but somebody had to give Kali the benefit of the doubt. There was no purpose or strategy to taking Rose the way she did. Kali might be a black robed mage but she wasn't the kind to do things without a purpose, and if she wanted to kill, she simply killed. The man had fear in his eyes now as he stared at Nol. Kellan walked over with Lady Roses horse and Nol spoke more calmly, "Take the horse from Lady Kellan and go to the Livery, see that Roses mount is desaddled and rubbed down for the night. See to this personally."

The man looked at Nol and spoke, "I have not been relieved of command, it is an offense punishable by lashing to abandon ones..."

"You are relieved," Kellan spoke the words and looked pleasantly at the man.

The man looked to Kellan as her words hung in the air. He furrowed his brows slightly and responded, "You are not my Commander Lady Kellan, besides, that is a Squire or Stable Servants duty, not a Guard of the Gate. I won't do as you command only the Commander of the City Guard can relieve me."

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 SirTrystan

"Then consider yourself relieved, and you can also consider yourself on stable duty for the next week." The man swallowed hard, he didn't even need to turn around to know it was Trystan. He slowly looked around as Trystan's eyes pierced him, "And if you ever question the authority of any Knight I will see to it that you are punished. You are a soldier of the realm, not a Knight, all Knights have authority over you."

"Y... Yes sir, I didn't mean any disrespe...," "Spare me, now take Commander Roses horse as you were instructed and report to the Stable Master tomorrow morning for duty. Maybe a week of shoveling horse shite will straighten out your attitude."

The man timidly took the reigns from Lady Kellan and drudged off through the gate. Trystan looked at the other handful of men and spoke, "Back to your posts, all of you. I want a word with Lady Kellan and Nol alone."

The men bowed their heads and practically sprinted back to the gate. Trystan turned to look at Nol, "I want to apologize for this morning, I was out of line."

Nol looked at Kellan and then to Nol. He smiled genuinely and extended his hand, "Apology accepted."

Trystan shook his hand and nodded with a small smile as he looked at Nol and Lady Kellan, "So... what happened? Where is Commander Rose?"

Kali looked at Commander Rose and spoke, "I don't know of this wizard, it is possible he is one of 'The Rogue'." Rose looked at Kali curiously and Kali continued, "They are a subset of Wizards who have become High Sorcerers by means of the Trials but then broke free from the orders and walk the path of life in self imposed solitary confinement. The term tends to be used by most High Sorcerers in a mildly derogatory manner, some would even consider me part of that group." She looked at Rose and a half cocked smile crossed her lips, "The Wizard's Council is not without it's own bickering, politics and power groping Commander Rose."

She inhaled deeply, "It is also possible that he is deeply entrenched in the society of High Sorcerers and I have simply not hear of him, as I said, I tend to avoid them all together. None of them have anything I need nor do I go with any sort of welcome, let's call it a mutual avoidance. They are mostly sniveling, scheming connivers without a shred of awareness between them. For their wisdom they have given up common sense."

She looked at Rose and her thin smile remained as she spoke, "What I was speaking of however is artifacts. There are ways to provide protection that don't require the spells of a Wizard."

She could see the questions in Roses eyes, but she stopped to give the Lady Knight a chance to think and respond. Sipping her tea she watched Rose over the brim of her cup.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Kellan looked at Nol then looked at Trystan as the two made amends for the events that took place earlier in the day. She was thankful Trystan was there when the guard tried to call her on her authority. She never liked to play the heavy hand but she knew it was needed from time to time to make everyone understand who had authority over who. Just another reason why she was certain she made the right decision. Kellan looked back at the dark tower then looked to Trystan.

”It seems as though Commander Rose and Kali have decided to have their meeting before the scheduled time of noon tomorrow and are having it right now. Or perhaps it will be one of many meetings they will have. It’s difficult to say how Kali’s mind works other than that of a chess master who is always three moves ahead of you at all times.”

She looked at Nol who was grinning at her.

”What?”

He grinned even more.

”You sound as if you’re a little jealous.”

Kellan blinked slowly and glanced at Trystan then to Nol.

”Well….I am. I’m only able to get two steps ahead. I’d like that third step.”

She looked over at Trystan then and smiled, nodding.

”Thank you for helping us quickly defuse what could have been a terrible misunderstanding just now. Things could have spiraled out of control quickly. Things are still tense enough it would have happened quicker than any of us could imagine.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Trystan listened and looked at the tower. It was dark and the very top most windows were lit dimly from within. He furrowed his brows as he stared at the top of the tower and turned to look at Nol, "Any chance you could fly up there and take a peek in the window just to put our minds at ease."

Nol looked at Trystan and spoke through nearly a laugh, "Nobody sees what Kali doesn't want them to see. She could have an illusion on the window to show us whatever she wants, and with her wardings now in place I can't get within half a kilometer of that tower."

Trystan nodded and looked at the two of them, "Well, I suppose all we can do is wait then."

He looked at Nol and spoke, "What do you think?"

Nol looked at Trystan, there was so much more to the man's question than met the eye. Nol looked at him with confidence in his face, "I think that Commander Rose is just fine, I think that Kali has no reason to harm her, and I think that if they had a meeting scheduled for tomorrow and Kali changed it to tonight she probably had a pretty good reason..."

Suddenly there was a pause and Nol spun just in time to have an arrow bounce off his shoulder armor and go sailing off into the darkness. From the trees dozens of eyes were suddenly illuminating under the torch light of the distant wall and Nol yelled, "DAMN!!! GOBLINS!"

It was suddenly known that Lady Rose was intercepted not for any other purpose than she would have ridden right into the middle of this small horde of murdering creeps. They had probably been in the woods all day waiting for anything that might come their way. Now Nol, Kellan and Trystan were 200 meters from the wall and 200 meters from the forest edge, stuck in the open fields that gave line of sight to the wall archers against approaching enemies.

Nol unsheathed his blades as blue and red flashed from the weapons edges, cutting two arrows from the air that would have hit Trystan and Kellan, "There are too many, I can see at least a hundred....

A brilliant flash erupted and he was in his dragon form standing between the goblins and Trystan and Kellan. They could both hear arrows tinging off his metallic scales on the other side, "stay behind me, head for the wall!"
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Rose chuckled lightly "Anytime you get a large number of humans together in an sort of authoritative e organization you run the risk of rampant corruption."

She took a moment to consider Kali's choice of words her eyes staring at the blank wall. "I can see the advantages of not having to rely on a wizard to place such defenses. At the same time both options have their own appeal to me." Rose shifted her eyes from the wall to Kali.

"You have something in mind don't you? You are very deliberate in your approach, and I am certain you wouldn't mention the matter unless you had something in mind." There would also be something else in conjunction with the item as well. Kali wouldn't offer the item just for the defense of the city. There was another facet to the deal but Rose could not see it. Kali gave just enough away that you knew there was more than you heard, but you couldn't put your finger on it. It was maddening but it was an acceptable trade off for the defense of Heartlund.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Kali could not help but smile at Roses words and she nodded her head softly in agreement. When Rose spoke again about the artifacts Kali stepped forward, releasing herself from the desk she was leaning on and walked slowly around the room, "You are right Rose, I am deliberate in my approach, but no more than you are. Just because we seek different things does not mean we are not both calculating and thorough in moving ourselves forward."

She set her tea cup down and walked over to one of the bookshelves. Reaching up she removed a book from it and flipped it open, setting it in Roses lap, "The ruins of Icewall castle in Icereach have not seen sunlight for hundreds of years. Many consider it nothing more then broken stone. There is rumor however of a kingdom that once thrived despite the frozen locale and with every kingdom comes riches. My guess is that if there was anything on the surface that could be looted it was already taken, however I am also aware of an item, "The Everwinter", which is said to create such cold it can freeze a body solid in seconds. Obviously it would require a wizard to unlock it's secrets, but you may already have that in your Kir Suk'anar."

Kali watched Rose as she looked at the object, drawn out in great detail on the page before her. As Rose looked up at her she could see in the Commanders eyes there were questions about Kali's motivations, "I would be lying if I said I was seeking this object for my own benefit, the fact is I don't want anything to do with it, the Everwinter is of no value to me. If there was a magic item of such power however, there was a Wizard Counselor to the King, and with a Wizard Counselor comes a Wizards library."

She stopped, the light had come on in Roses eyes and Kali smiled briefly as she nodded her head, "A mutually beneficial excursion in which we both have risk, and reward awaiting us. I admit, it is a gamble, the Everwinter is more a legend than documented artifact, and I am merely speculating that a Wizard ever lived in the frozen south, but it is a gamble I am willing to take, but I can't do it alone."

She turned deliberately and then looked back at Rose with an almost mischievous smile on her face, "It looks like your evening guests have arrived."

She motioned for Rose to come to the observation deck. There was dark movement through the forests and suddenly torches were flaring to life all along the wall of Heartlund. Rose would immediately see that whatever was moving through the trees was collapsing on Heartlund and that Kali's keeping her from going up the mountain very well have been a lifesaving move on the Wizard's part. Kali narrowed her eyes and saw Nol suddenly appear and flash into his dragon form while two figures moved behind him and backwards towards the wall. Kali turned her head and looked at Rose, bringing her hand up for Rose to touch, "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Kellan ducked as the arrows came flying at them and cursed under her breath.

”What the hell??? Why are they attacking us?”

As Nol took to his dragon form, she glanced up at him with a concerned look on her face. She knew his scales would reflect the arrows but it still caused her concern. As she and Trystan started running for the protective walls of the Keep, she dared a glance back at the pack of murdering creatures and furrowed her brows.

”Right now, I wish I were a dragon so I could breathe my breath weapon on them and obliterate the whole lot of them in one fell swoop!”

She glanced over at Trystan as they ran.

”Just when we thought things were quieting down.”

As they approached the wall, Kellan and Trystan barked orders like the trained Knights they were.

”Take out as many of them as you can! Make sure your arrows find the correct targets! Nol is Not the enemy!”

One of the arrows whizzed by her and Kellan instinctively dove for the ground and rolled to her feet before she glanced back to see where the shot came from. The little bastards had actually flanked them on the right and were effectively going to cut them off from reaching the gate. Skidding to a stop, she looked around for an alternate route but none was there.

By the Gods I hate these creatures!”

More arrows starting whizzing by her and Trystan. She was without her armor and feeling quite vulnerable right now. And that vulnerability came full circle when she felt a burning pain in her right thigh and halted her steps almost falling, yelling out in pain. Looking down she saw the shaft of an arrow sticking out of her leg. Reaching down and breaking the tip of the arrow off so it didn’t protrude that far, she let out another shout of pain as the arrow seemed to be white hot in her leg.

She felt herself suddenly supported and she glanced up to see Trystan had draped her left arm over his shoulders and wrapped his arm around the small of her back to help her keep on her feet knowing if she fell, they would lose her entirely.

”We need a vacation…”

It was Kellan’s natural defense to make light of a serious situation when she was scared or worried about her surroundings. It was her way of making sure she kept alert and didn’t let herself think of the worst outcome.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 pm

Nol was hitting any goblin that dared get close enough, which were very few. His eyes flared and he fired a blast of cold in front of him that froze around a dozen of them solid. He heard Kellan scream and he whipped his head around in time to feel two arrows tear through the fleshy webbing of his wing, he howled in pain and sprang into the air, whipping around as he saw Trystan scoop Kellan up and help her into the gate. As the drawbridge was lifted and the gates slammed behind them Nol made one, long sweeping pass over the open area and let a massive blast of cold erupt from his mouth, freezing everything caught under it solid. He then tipped his wing and landed within the walls, flashing into his Elven form.

His face was pale, the fact that he was so warm had only given him limited power to fire off the two shots with his breath weapon. It was a common misunderstanding that dragons were invincible, this was one of those shining moments that showed even they two could bleed. He ran over to Kellan, taking her from Trystan and speaking, "I have her, go, defend your city."

Trystan nodded and sprinted to the wall, ducking an arrow that nearly took his head off as it came over the battlement. With wide eyes he started to shout commands, already the goblin horde was recovering from Nol's attack and running across the open field towards the vulnerable parts of the wall where the rebuilding wasn't complete, "Concentrate on the open areas, force them into the shot zones with your arrow fire and for gods sake get the catapults going!!"

Suddenly balls of fire were erupting through the sky as the catapults began launching balls of oil soaked straw into the night. This was done not only to burn any unlucky goblin that got caught underneath them but also to pour some light onto the battlefield and give the defenders a better look at the situation. Trystan looked out wide eyes as he saw the endless dotted lights of eyes reflecting back at him, "By the gods... there must be thousands of them!"

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Kellan heard Nol howl in pain and knew he had been hit by the goblins arrows. She tried to look over her shoulder to see just how bad but she couldn’t see much. Trystan was hell bent on making sure she made it back into the Keep. She heard the sound of his massive wings lifting him up into the air and she felt a slight bit of relief knowing he was able to get up and away from the goblins, but he wouldn’t be able to stay in flight long.

As she watched his large form circle around and give another blast, she knew his breath weapon would be limited due to the temperature around him. When he landed and flashed into his Elven for and came to get her, she saw how pale his face was and knew he had been injured and he was weak from using his breath weapon.

”Are you hurt bad, Nol?”

She saw Trystan dodge the arrow and she sucked in her breath then looked to Nol once more.

”They wouldn’t attack like this on their own. Someone HAD to send them. Who could it be? “

Her leg was paining her something fierce but she refused to acknowledge it. Not yet, anyway. There was time for that later. Besides, Nol had been hurt and she needed to make sure he was tended to. Already she could hear the calls for Tanjee going out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund   Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch 2: The High Wizards Tower of Heartlund
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next