Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

OOC Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Yeah we love a bit of classic were wolf hunting and yeah i read the rules no money mongering is a primary as we cant be pulling out the silver pointed RPG's on these things even though I am sure in russia that would be easy as chips to find geek
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:58 pm

You're probably right there. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 pm

I couldn't say what i witnessed obviously as i have no idea on whether Yerick has just found his werewolf or just a scapegoat for the town to come at ease to when handled if you know what I mean so sorry if i havn't left it very clear Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:11 pm

You played that right Zack... this is a semi-directed story... so I'll fill you guys in on the scene. For the most part its FREE FORM but in the case I need to fill in the blanks. Thanks for waiting.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:10 am

phew recovered I do believe Razz i got in before her now to get out without getting caught by the closing in fuzz.....hmm this could get hairy for Yerick though...the question is what did he find under those nails Shocked haha
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Nosey just informed me that I messed up and you guys fixed it. I wanted to apologize to you as well, Tiph. Sorry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 am

Yeah, you just got a watch your timing. I recognize what you had in mind, unfortunately the two scenes just didn't meld well together. When in doubt, the best thing one can do is write to a point where you leave the other writer a few options. It all really boils down to choice.

These things do happen though, I always blend into the scenes of other writers but to do so you have time it right and know when to write in the past, present and future tenses. That's all.

It was an easy fix for Zack, since all he had to do was write in the past tense, since he had arrived what would have been a good 15 to 20 minutes ahead of Jayden. She's that far away, because it was actually an uphill climb and not a downhill one as you had perceived. When I wrote the original scene the two victims were running down the stairs back toward town and Sheriff alluded to the fact that he was glad to not be hiking up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:41 am

Wow lucky sheriff that lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 am

Well, now that he's heard the screams the Sheriff is going to have haul his old butt up those stairs anyway now. Crying or Very sad

For your information, Sin. Jayden probably has about fifteen minutes to herself before the coppers show up. That's a fair amount of time to have a good look around. pirat
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:54 am

Okay, Thanks for understanding, Tiph. I'm just not sure as to what I should have her find, lol. fur like Zack did or what? Just not sure as to what a would be left behind by a werewolf. LOL
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:21 pm

I want a coal like that...its pretty useful thats for sure geek
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Hehe... Strom has a few tricks up his sleeve. Not too many... its not fun when a person carries around the old ever-full bag 'o tricks.

There really is a Highland Road in Kane, Pennsylvania by the way. When I saw it, I couldn't resist. It's in the perfect location for a motel on the outskirts of town as well.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 am

Sweet work with the story by the way guys! Awesome, character development.

I can't believe how awesome the city of Kane ended up as the setting for this story. Even some of the names of the streets are just eerie. There's a Hemlock street, and as I mentioned in a post, Kane is on route 66.

So the were-wolves are going to be really, really, really, hard to kill and they're big... really big... Sasquatch big... maybe even a little bigger than that. We can assume that just about everyone in town has heard about the were-wolf stories, but most don't believe. A few have seen things, but most of the eye witnesses are a little off... as is often the case. They will describe the creatures as being very large but then some will be convinced that its a carnivorous Bigfoot out there killing people. Stories have been in the tabloids for a few months now, talking about the supposed 'Werewolf Curse of Kane', and other cheesy headlines like that.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:47 pm

....i was wandering what cemeteries you were talking about i guess u actually looked to see where my scrap yard was geek
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Yeah... its right on route 66, just north of the two cemeteries. I am bit a stickler for detail. Can't help it. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 am

OOC Discussion - Page 2 Bednar10

This is traveling south on route 66. Toward the area where Bednar Metals should be. Further down the road, there's a Pepe's Pizza, a Radio Shack, and some other shops. A weird place for commercial businesses. In the mass of what looks like houses, I think there is a Good Will shop as well.

This area is south of and opposite the direction of the downtown area, where Jayden had said she was going.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Added a little more information to the were-wolf write up. Added a sentence about how to kill them, and also added a bit about Wards at the bottom. We all have to be on the same page when dealing with a common adversary.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:20 am

So... the truck almost hitting Storm, might not have been an accident... or maybe it was. Tossed it in, as a stepping stone. I was thinking that the 'werewolves' while in their human forms might be lashing out against the hunters.

My thinking is that anything 'vampiric' would most likely have a sense of these 'visionaries' when they are nearby.

Hopefully you both realize that when I use the term 'vampyre' in this story that it is just a metaphor. There are no vampires. It is a term used to describe anything monstrous that lives upon the blood and strife of Humans. For that matter, a destructive and needy person might even fit into the category, but I don't think the hunters would be particularly interested in dealing with an 'emotional vampire'. Although, those people could use a good tuning in.

The few vampires that exist, are only suspected to be real. No one actually knows for sure. Visionaries do know, however, that some ultra-evil entities are the well spring of all monsters that now plague the world.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:31 am

The story is kind of ironic. I mean, all you see everywhere now in book and movie stores are 'VAMPIRES'. Everyone wants to be a vampire. So in this story, they DO NOT exist, at least not in the romantic sense that pop culture embraces.

There will be creatures like vampires. In a sense they are monster that are emulating the legend, but realistically they will just be undead monsters that drink blood. The difference being that they hold no real supernatural powers, they're just ghouls.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:57 am

yeah the whole vampire romance is starting to curropt our insight on vampires...poor legends they seemed so...dark and now they turned into saturday TV shows for teens....but ghouls eating peoples faces thats what we like to see OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Totally... I am soooooo tired of these movies about the poor misguided vampires, werewolves or what-have-you. They're monsters... they're evil... end of story. I find it very refreshing to write in a black & white setting. These days everything is a shade of grey... its taxing.

In this story, if it ain't human... we kill it. There are a few exceptions, though, such as benevolent Faeries, but we won't run into those too often. If we do, I'll start it off, because these supernatural creatures don't really care about our physical world nor can they fully comprehend it. They can't be written like the Faeries in the series, TRUE BLOOD. There's no Faerie-blood lines either, you're either Faerie or your not, there's no in between. More than often the Faerie creatures the linger in the physical world are up to no good, but once in a while they intervene for a specific purpose, often to benefit themselves. Anything 'Faerie' is very rare, just like the monstrosities we hunt, but they are becoming more common because of the vampiric evil spreading over the world.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:28 am

Ghouls, Zombies and Wights... oh my!

I suppose these creatures are classic undead monsters. I am leaving them undefined though, call them what you wish. They are animated corpses, they move by unnatural means since there is now way their decrepit bodies could actually stand or move for the matter. They are very strong and like most monsters in this story, crave blood for blood is life.

Animated corpses in a Werewolf story? Well, they've been summoned. Someone with some know how has animated them... which is actually (magically speaking) a huge pain in the butt. Such a ritual takes weeks, maybe months... so someone's been cooking these puppies up for a while, long before the arrival of the hunters.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:30 am

Goes to find his anti-undead weapon...find he doesnt have it on him....umm can we call a time out while i go find a bigger weapon to tear u undead a new one

lol!

This could be a defiente pain in the butt for us as well geek
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:33 am

Hehe... all geared up for Werewolves and someone throws in some Undead... hmmmm, seems like something that a werewolf sympathizer might do.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 am

I knew it Yerick was right Strom aint who he says he is the mastermind you tricked us all Tiph Shocked

*Joke* hes a nice guy really but those jars of dirt are seriously suspicious
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next