Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 11 - Shattered

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered KimikoBanner

Kimiko moved through the hall like a church mouse. It was the middle of the night and the entirety of the party was asleep, or at least quiet enough that she assumed they were. Her bare feet moved with a skill and precision only learned through a lifetime of devotional practice. She stopped outside Carla’s door and whispered as she touched the lock, “Recludem” … the latch clicked and she walked inside, closing the door behind her.

She looked over at Carla in a motherly way and stepped up beside the young girls bed, sitting on the chair she had frequented the last couple days since she returned from the Druidess, Arawela. Leaning back she exhaled softly and traced her finger along Carla’s forehead as she tucked a strand of defiant hair behind the young girls ear. Carla stirred softly and blinked, looking up at Kimiko who smiled softly at her, “I apologize for waking you so early young one, I wanted to talk before the others awoke.”

Not waiting for a protest or otherwise, Kimiko touched her finger to the desk and lifted it, a large cup of coffee materialized out of nowhere and filled the room with an aromatic scent. Kimiko smiled and looked at Carla, “Your favorite, I figure it is the least I can do for intruding on your sleep and the sanctity of your room.”

As Carla sat up, bleary eyed and half awake Kimiko waited and when she finally comfortable Kimiko spoke, “Today is the big day, how are you feeling? Is there anything I can do for you before we head to the fault line?”

Ch 11 - Shattered EanBanner

Ean opened his eyes and looked over at Aurora. She had been restless most of the night, but around 3 a.m. she finally fell asleep, curled into him like a kitten. He looked at her face and smiled softly, the sculpted lines that defined the beautiful physical appearance of her was a pale comparison to the gorgeous woman that lingered underneath, and though he would never deny that he found her beautiful on the outside, it was the woman who lingered beneath that he loved more than anything else. Her breathing was slow and steady, the rest she needed was finally coming to her and for the moment he enjoyed that quiet, solitary moment with her, for he had a feeling that hell was going to break loose this afternoon when they ventured to the place Arawela was surly waiting for them.

Ch 11 - Shattered ElizabethBanner

It had been two days since Carla had come back and told them all she had learned during her time with the Druidess, and Elizabeth had maintained a quiet and centered disposition. Now that the day was here however, she stirred and opened her eyes, looking over at the other bed in the room. The heavily blanketed lump was motionless and she stood, walking over to her sister and slipped in under the covers, wrapping her arms around Lexy.

Lexy responded softly as she reached up and touched Elizabeth’s hand, “Shishter….”

Elizabeth smiled into the back of Lexy’s neck and whispered, “Aye Lexy, it is your sister.”

Lexy exhaled softly and her body returned to sleeping. Elizabeth stared at the wall, her eyes welling up slightly. Could she do this? Could she handle the fury of what was coming their way? She kept saying she could, but now the time was actually here. She was no rookie when it came to confrontation and battle, but this… this was something all together different, and she prayed she could find the strength to be there for her friends and family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered Aurora10Aurora woke to the most beautiful eyes.  She smiled up at Ean, love shining in her dark eyes as she raised up to kiss him softly.

"Morning love", she said quietly.  "I wish this wasn't going to end, Ean.....but I know that soon she will come to destroy more of what I hold dear."  She lifted a hand to cup his cheek, "I wish you would stay here but I know that you can't the same as I can't.  Just stay safe, Ean.  I love you so much and I need you to be waiting at the end of the aisle when I walk down it in a year's time."  She kissed him again.  "I guess we should rise and meet the day."

Ch 11 - Shattered The_li10
Lily had fallen asleep knowing that Dietrich was in the chair next to her bed and she knew that she was safe. She liked the big man......a lot.  He made her feel butterflies in her stomach whenever she looked at him or she heard that deep voice of his.  

She woke up, her eyes seeing Dietrich first.  Today they would head to the fault line and it would begin.  She could only hope that her ability with her blades would be enough to keep her alive.  With that thought on her mind, she rose from the bed, wearing only her shorts and tank top, walking barefoot over to Dietrich to wake him.

"Dietrich.....Dietrich.....tis time to wake and prepare", she whispered to him.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:45 am

Ch 11 - Shattered SionnBanner

The morning was quiet and the party went about their preparations. Finally after lunch they had gathered in Sionn’s room and he looked at them, “Today is the day, today it ends. We are facing the most powerful Druidess to ever walk the planet and she is not going to stop until we stop her. I am not going to sugar coat this, it is no gon’ta be easy, and we all walk forward knowing the possibilities.”

He looked at Erebus directly, “She is your niece, you know her best, is there anything else you can add?”

Ch 11 - Shattered ErebusBanner

Erebus looked at the group and spoke, “You all know her ferocity, I know some of you have faced her in battle. She is tenacious at the least, and aggressive to a fault. Do not underestimate her, she is capable of anything to see her goal completed. Stay together with your partners, and stay in constant communication with one another, only by staying together can we defeat her.”

Sionn looked at Erebus and nodded. Turning to Aurora he spoke, “I will be with you and Ean, we can no afford to let Aurora come to harm. She is the barer of the bow, and frankly it is the only weapon that can see us achieve success in this matter.”

“Then I will stay with’ya as well…”

Ch 11 - Shattered LexyBanner

Sionn turned to look at Lexy and he shook his head, “No, you need to stay with Elizabeth and Kimiko as we planned so they can cast uninterrupted, we will need their magic in constant assault.”

Lexy narrowed her eyes at him, “But you just changed the plan, you were to stay with us as well, suddenly you are goin’ta go with Aurora and Ean.”

Sionn looked at her with a quiet expression on his face, “Two of us protecting Aurora is more important, Ean is a fierce warrior, one of the fiercest I know, but he can only protect one side of Aurora, with both of us we can protect the whole perimeter of her.”

Lexy stepped forward and was about to speak but Elizabeth touched her gently on the back and she stopped. Leaning in Elizabeth spoke softly, “It will be fine sister, he is right, with you shielding us Kimiko and I will be able to work without interruption, you are strong enough for this.”

She turned and looked at Elizabeth and then to Kimiko who gave a slight smile and a gentle but subtle nod of affirmation to what Elizabeth just said. Lexy turned back to look at Sionn who was still staring right at her, “Aye?”

Lexy nodded ever so softly and whispered, “Aye.”

“Grand. Let’s see this done then.”

Sionn walked, leading the group through the lobby and out to waiting cars. Ean held Aurora’s hand tightly as they made their way. Because of the magic and cut in their clothing, they looked like a group of foreign tourists making their way to cars to see the sights, nothing more. As the groups separated into their respective vehicles, Sionn got in with Ean and Aurora as he saw the last of them get into their own. He looked across at the two of them and smiled, “It is good to see you two so in love. Though it hurt for a time, all things are as they should be… all things have transpired to a perfect place.”
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered Dietrich_zps57091a19

A bloodshot eye opened a creak from the very chair as he seemed to gain mass at being awakened somewhere he didn't recognize but the dull eyes focused slowly as she walked away from the chair as he let his fists unclench confused at his own alert pose from just sleeping he rubbed his eyes as he ran the words in his head of time to get prepared. Staring long at the cello case before he got up and used her bathroom to douse his still somewhat asleep brain with cold water and made himself slightly presentable. They moved to Sionn room he yawned as he heard the changes in the plan lifting the case higher on his shoulder the strap digging slight as he heard the small commotion of him changing the plan. "I will just kill the father."

Noting some people speculated his cold nature but then he was just as badly observing them and it didn't sit as everyone was agreed to stop the druids violently and worse yet was the unflinching relation to these people he almost suspected a betrayal but he kept telling himself just the alcohol not sitting well on the stomach as they began to move out. "Just no one cast anything at the old man when things get serious even healing energy is a bad idea." Chuckling as they moved into the vehicles deciding not to take driver in one, after his antics on the news to bring Lilly back to the hotel safe he didn't think they would trust him.

He sat in the back considering their journey to the fault line. "No one go singing the wheels on the bus or you will be missing teeth by the third syllable." Eyeing the other passengers in the car with almost a feral grin. It was getting close to crunch time.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered Aurora10Aurora clung to Ean's hand as they stood in Sionn's room, listening to the change in plans not liking that she and the bow were the main weapons against Arawela and her father.  But it was what it was and she would move forward and destroy the druidess with the help of the others.  Once the talking was done they left he hotel, heading to their vehicles, her hand still clutched tightly in Ean's as if neither one of them could bear to release the other which she for one couldn't.

Once settled, she smiled warmly at Sionn, hearing his words of things being as they should.  "Sionn...you do realize that your soulmate is out there...I know you feel that you are too wild for just one woman but there is a woman out there made for you and when you find each other you will make each other whole", she said reaching over to squeeze his hand then settling back against Ean, fingering the container of war paint she'd brought.  She'd gone over the simple ceremony she needed to do to prepare, looking at Beau who sat on the floor in front of her, resting his head on her knee.  Eryn flew above them, keeping watch.  "You will stay behind, Beau....or stay right with me.  I will not risk losing you", she said to her best friend, her fingers scratching his head before laying her head on Ean's shoulder, meditating so that she remained calm.

Lilly too was a nervous wreck but she hid it well.....from everyone that is but Dietrich who seemed to know her better than she knew herself in the short time they'd known each other.  She sat next to him in the car, absently fiddling with one of her small blades, twirling it nimbly in between her fingers.  Kimiko had cast a spell or incantation onto the belt of sheaths that ran over her left shoulder, over her chest and looped around above her right hip and back up her back.  Kimiko had made it so that once a blade was thrown and hit it's mark it would reappear back into it's sheath to be used again so that Lily wouldn't run out of throwing blades.  She was very grateful for that, as it made her feel a little more confident.

Her blue eyes turned up to look at Dietrich then back out the window, her small hand not toying with the knife seeking his and grasping it.  "Stay safe, me viking", she whispered to him.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Sionn looked across at Aurora as she spoke. There was a sense of calm about him and as she spoke her words he listened and then smiled softly as he whispered, “You’re right lass, and it could be that I have already found her.”

Aurora and Ean both looked at him curiously and Ean smiled as he reached over and slapped his old friend on the knee, “Who is she lad?”

Sionn actually blushed softly and spoke, “No one you know really… but I too have a life outside of these adventures we seem to always be on. Of late we have only been communicating on our phones, what with me being on this task, I…”

His phone rang and he lifted it up, a broad smile came across his face and he looked up at them, “Speak of the devil.”

His face lit up even more than the phone had and he slid his finger as he brought the phone to his ear, “Hello my leannan. Aye, we are on the way. Aye of course I will be safe. No, she is not as powerful as she thinks she is, not with all we have done to prepare.”

He remained quiet as she spoke, though they could not hear the woman’s words they could hear the tone, it was sweet and full of love. Sionn blushed again and spoke, “Aye love, I will be with you again soon.”

He hung up and locked the phone again. Ean and Aurora were looking across at him, the obvious question hovering silently between the three of them. Sionn smiled and spoke as he tucked the phone back into his jacket, “She is one of the races, and she has been working with us in the background for months.”

Ean smiled and slapped Sionn on the leg again, “That’s GREAT lad, I can no wait to meet her!”

Sionn smiled softly and nodded, “I can’t wait for you to meet her too, you’re gon’ta love her.”

He smiled again at Aurora and looked out the window, “We are here.”

--

The party exited the cars and Carla led them to the spot Arawela had brought her in the helicopter, right in the middle of Point Reyes National Seashore. The group looked around in silence and finally Elizabeth looked at Sionn, “What now?”

Sionn looked over at her and shook his head, “I don’t know…”
Inhaling deeply he glanced at Ean and Dietrich, “She does everything in her own timing.”

Ch 11 - Shattered LexyBanner

Kimiko stepped forward and spoke, “We should break up into our groups and start looking, she has to mean for us to find something.”

Sionn looked at her and nodded, “Aye, perhaps. But splitting up could prove dangerous, what if she means to pick us off a few at a time?”

Elizabeth looked at him, “Or she could be meaning for us to stand here and hit us with one big attack, hoping to injure as many of us as possible in a surprise.”

Sionn looked at Elizabeth and then to Kimiko, “Aye, let’s split up.”

He reached into his coat and brought the wireless ear set up, attaching it to his ear and bringing the microphone across his cheek. Every member of the party had been supplied one and all did likewise as they prepared. Sionn looked up at them, “Channel 43, encryption level 5. If anyone sees ANYTHING, radio it in, let’s not try to do anything alone, there is better chances of success if we work together.”

Silently the group agreed and slowly they fanned out, Ean, Aurora, Erebus and Sionn moved out together. Elizabeth, Lexy, and Kimiko made up the second group, and finally Lily, Dietrich and Carla made up the third. As the groups fanned out Kimiko gestured to Elizabeth and she came over, reaching over Kimiko clicked off Lexy and Elizabeth’s radios and spoke softly, “I don’t like this, none of this makes sense… come.”

The two looked at each other and then to Kimiko who moved with haste towards Dietrich, Lily and Carla. The intercepted the three of them and she gestured with her hand to keep silent and to come over. The three did so and she reached, clicking their radios off before speaking, “Something is wrong, I don’t know what, but something is foul about all of this.”

Carla looked at her curiously and she spoke, “Before you ask, I don’t know what it is little one, but I know that we are exposed and vulnerable. We will move as a group, but I am going to cast invisibility on the three of us so we can not be seen with you. It makes no sense that you three would be sent out with no magical protection.

Dietrich looked at her and she furrowed her brows, “I understand your distaste and loathing of magic master Viking, but now is not the time to enter into debate regarding the protective benefits it can provide. That notwithstanding I will be casting now, and we will be close behind you, click your radios on once we are invisible and continue to move as if all is normal, do you understand?”

They all nodded and Kimiko smiled, turning to Elizabeth and Lexy, “Forgive my suspicion, but I will not take a chance.”

Waving her hand she threw sparkling reagents into the air and the three of them vanished almost immediately. Clicking their radios back on, Elizabeth, Lexy and Kimiko walked alongside the other three, keeping silent and their eyes open.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered Aurora10Aurora smiled at the exchange between Sionn and Ean when Sionn's phone rang and suddenly she felt a surge of unease go through her, her dark gaze studying Sionn. Something was wrong. Beau even tensed, turning his knowing gaze to Sionn. When they arrived, she was hesitant to leave the vehicle with him and with her expressive nature it showed.

She watched as he separated them into three groups, her gaze connecting with Lexi's and Lizzy's revealing her unease as she clung to Ean, Beau staying close. It was then that she realized she wasn't going to get the time to do her preparation ceremony and that bothered her.

"Sionn....you go on ahead. I need a moment alone with Ean before we do this", she said to him, her gaze showing that of love for Ean, hoping he would give it to her. If he did, she would tell Ean her fears that something was not right.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Sionn looked at Aurora as she told him to go on alone, “Do you think I am gon’ta go out there alone to be shredded if she comes along? No bloody chance in hell, we are too far into the woods for that. Sorry Aurora, and Ean… I am no goin’ out there alone.”

His face was calm and collected, completely in balance, but his words were ringing true for Ean, if they let him go alone it would be like a lamb to slaughter.

“Sionn is right lass, we can no go out alone into her world, we need to stay together. Whatever it is, I am sure you can say it in front of Sionn! I have known him my whole life, and we are in this together.”
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

He felt her hand hold his he seemed the picture of calm and even smiling. "Don't worry we will pull through this." Though it quickly left when he noticed alot of the others expressions getting split into groups he headed off in silence aware to his surroundings as he didn't say a word

Dietrich walked slowly before suddenly he was beckoned by Kimiko reaching them he smiled seeing the distrust in her. "So I'm not just paranoid?" Once their radios were off as Kimiko explained her reasoning and commented on his distaste on magic. "I know what uses it has in a party though I will refrain from asking any of you to attempt casting anything too close to me... it might backfire on you if...I activate my element in a fight." He hadn't minded the party he had been put in knowing that his own friends were at risk near him if they were magic users but he thumbed the cork of the bottle he kept in his coat that he had brought from the shop.

He sighed when they decided on their actions and he shrugged to the other two as he hefted the axe onto his shoulder the cello left in the car they were here to fight he didn't care if someone noticed them he was a lumberjack... really far from his work.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered Aurora10Aurora looked back and forth between the two men then sighed, "Tis personal but can wait til this is all over", she said with a smile that did not reach her dark eyes.  Beau was also staying close to Aurora.....almost too close as Eryn flew overhead, feeling the tension in her charge below but remained quiet as she flew about, her golden eyes watching Sionn as well as the area around them.

Aurora was becoming increasingly uneasy as they moved along until she almost felt sick.  Beau was keeping himself in between her and Sionn, his body tense as well.  The further they went the more she felt until she stumbled.  She felt Ean's strong hand instantly on her, casting a glance at Sionn wanting desperately to say something yet not wanting to distrust her friend and former love.  Then she felt it.....something was coming and she stopped walking, pulling the bow free and knocking an arrow.  She didn't project anything to the bow yet as to what she wanted from the arrow.  That would be foolish until she saw what they were fighting.

She cast a small smile up at Dietrich at his words that they would make it through this, wishing she were as sure as he seemed to be.  

Lily kept quiet as Kimiko spoke yet she too sensed something not right.  Whether it was Sionn or something else she didn't know but clearly she wasn't the only one.   Still she was quiet as Kimiko cast her spell then continued on with Carla and Dietrich, staying close to Dietrich.  She kept watch on Carla, not wanting any harm to befall the human girl yet knowing she was as good with the guns as she was with her blades.  

Then she felt it.  The tell tale sensation that something was coming.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 9:11 am

Ch 11 - Shattered ErebusBanner

Erebus stood aside, his body language showing that he was slightly uncomfortable being in the midst of this tense conversation. As Sionn nodded to Aurora and began to move on he turned and looked at Aurora, giving her a reassuring smile, and patted her softly on the shoulder as he nodded confidently at Ean. There was a feeling of confidence moving from him, it was indistinguishable as to what it meant, but it was certainly there and Ean smiled and nodded back, turning to Aurora and touching her lovingly on the shoulder before they moved forward again.

Sionn came to the top of a rise and looked down into the long, slopping valley. At the bottom the scar in the earth, the San Andres fault line, stretched to the north like a giant had drug his axe through the rock. He crouched low and the others came up, getting low and looking with him. His emerald green eyes scanned the landscape and he exhaled softly as he dropped his head whispering softly, "I thought she would be here, I was sure she would be here."

Erebus looked at him and spoke, "Why?"

Sionn looked up and spoke, "This is where the fault line is most deep, it is the obvious place."

Erebus smiled and whispered, "You do not know my niece very well then Sionn, she never picks the obvious place, that's the quickest way to have a plan foiled."

Sionn nodded, it was obvious that the stress of being the leader of this party for the last few weeks was taking its toll on him. Ean slid a little closer and spoke, "You alright lad?"

Sionn looked over at him, then Aurora and her beasties, and back to his friend, "Aye Ean... I'll be fine lad." It showed in his face however, he had picked up on the tension from Aurora and the animals, his confidence was breaking. Erebus looked at him and then to Aurora, his expression was less than confident in Sionn, and it almost looked as if he was about to suggest something when a snapping noise came from the trees below them. Erebus immediately turned his head, as did the rest of the group. A gentle breeze picked up and seemed to drag across the ridge line, Ean grumbled to himself, "Goblins."

Sionn snarled and Erebus turned to look at Aurora. There was total and complete love in his eyes and he spoke directly to her mind so the others could not hear, "Be careful, you are needed more than any. Do not waste your energy on these distractions, save it for when we face Arawela, you are going to need it!"

He turned and stepped in front of the group, roughly twenty goblins ranging from 2 to 4 feet tall came charging from the trees and Erebus hissed magic words that sounded guttural and dark, the entire party of goblins cringed and squealed as they recoiled back. An arc of shadow exploded from Erebus' hands and the foul creatures melted as if acid had been poured on their bodies, dissolving rapidly until there was nothing more than black stains on the dead leaves.

Ean crinkled his nose and looked at Erebus in horror, "What manner of foul magic was that?"

Erebus looked at Ean and with a slight smirk spoke, "Master Ean, I AM a Druid."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 am

Ch 11 - Shattered LQUnhE

Where was Arawela?
Carla had lead the group to the spot she had pointed out for her. She vanished in the skies right above her…
A chill ran down Carla’s spine as she considered Arawela still floating through the very air that brushed past her skin. Could she pop up from anywhere at any time!?
Though it was some kind of comfort to have an invisible chaperone detail it did add to the tension that had been building from the moment they left the hotel. Her palms were getting so sweaty she had to keep rubbing them on her coat or she was afraid she’d drop her new pair of guns once danger appeared. Unfortunately all she could really do was follow the experienced norseman and Lily while keeping an eye out for anything unusual, but she’d probably be the last person to spot anything as she imagined the others to be more attuned to the presence of a powerful druid.

In the silence that continued she thought back; she had been convinced Kain would have found them before the end of yesterday. An unshakable belief in his swift return, yet, no matter how long she waited, he did not find his way to them. This morning – for the briefest of moments – she dared to believe Kain had come to wake her up, but it had been Kimiko with a cup of delightful tea. In that moment she realized she realized Kain would not be fighting by their side this day and when Kimiko asked her if there was anything she could do for her all she could ask was; “Just… Just tell me we are ready.”

Was there anything else they could have done to prepare, probably not, with the inconceivable powers at work here there seemed to be only so much one could really do. Some of them prepared their magic, others their bodies… Or both. All Carla could really do was listen and assort her bullets. And she did like 10 pushups and ran up a flight of stairs or two. Truly, her body was at the very pique of physical perfection.
Kind of.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:16 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered Eba0k1

Kain followed his mother’s memory as she briskly made her way to the hall of the Ephember manor, but her brother had already burst through the doors and charged past. Mother hurried down the stairs to go in pursuit, until she caught sight of Kain's father. He stood in the doorframe to the study, with a book in his hand. He gave mother a small smile and nudged his head telling her to go on and follow her brother.
It was actually fairly unusual for their family to marry other Punkies, but mother did. It could be complicating when members of the family also had a competing branch of memories sitting aside the Ephember heritage, though it limited offspring when paired with non-punkies.
Punkie culture has been slowly dividing further between those attempting to uphold a clear heritage and those who believe their gift to share memories should be used to combine as much experience as possible for a better future.
Sure, some punkie families were merely proud of a heritage they did not want sullied, but many feverishly guarded secrets. They guarded them from other families and perhaps most of all the uncontrollable cesspool of deserters, rebels and rejects.
Though their love overcame the hardships, it was with a heavy heart mother continued on without father. There was no room for those who did not share their heritage during this meeting, least of all some deserter-rebel-reject’s offspring. Their union probably would never have been even close to conceivable if it hadn’t been for the family’s losses during the past few decades.
“Offspring does not grow on trees…. Regrettably.” One of the elders had begrudgingly noted when his mother introduced father.
These days those same elders liked to remind them of this fact, but mostly because they were expecting a new batch of Ephembers sooner rather than later. Father was convinced they were trying to find a more virile man to replace him.
WHY WAS KAIN HAVING THESE MEMORIES!?
FOCUS DAMNIT!

Right, the meeting.
After a little under half an hour the Ephembers that had managed to make it to Hong Kong were waiting impatiently to find out what had happened in Lyon. The elders and Kain’s uncle finally entered, all of them with knitted brows. As they waited they had heard raised voices in the other room as the elders discussed with his uncle, but now they would share the news with the rest of the gathered family.
“Kain has brought very troubling news back from France.” The eldest spoke.
Wait, his uncle’s name was Kain too!?
No, no, no, focus on the meeting.
Uncle Kain looked around the room, he clearly hoped to see more familiar faces than had gathered today, but soon spoke; “Lyon was a farce!” He said with disgust and murmurs rose in the room, “The moment I stepped through the door it was clear the other representatives had already been there for days prior.”
The murmurs grew. “It seems the rumors were true, we were invited late on purpose.” He continued. “I was immediately lead to Lautrois’ chamber, where I found the old goat sided by both Jaruchev and Krapoulous. If I didn’t already have a bad feeling about the meeting before then, Jaruchev not even daring to look at me and Xander Krapo’s ear-to-ear grin told me enough.”
“Just tell them, Kain.” One of the elders urged him.
“Well, I was barely inside the room when Lautrois said 5 little words; We. Know. About. The. Syphon.”
The room was instantly in an uproar that even got mother jumping out of her seat.
“What did you say?” One wanted to know.
“I said nothing.” Kain replied. “I didn’t reply to their knowledge of the syphon, their demands nor their threats. I asked if this was the consensus. They said consensus among the races had been unanimous. So I told them I would share their hasty and belligerent accusations with my house and turned right around.”
“They were just testing you, they try to stir this up every few decades.”
“They never mentioned the syphon before, Cathy knows that as well as me.” Kain said.
Mother nodded, their attempts at discovering the secrets they held were always vague and mostly suspicions fuelled by hearsay. And always faulty. Until now.
“I know how their little inquisitions work, that’s why you’ve sent me like you sent my father before me. This was nothing like that. They know. We’ve been betrayed.”
Murmurs flooded the room again.
“Pipe down!” One of the elders chimed in, “Tell them of the demands and what happens if we fail to comply, Kain.”
“They want it, of course. And if we do not hand it over before the end of the next month we will be branded as enemy of the races and every single house for retaining an unbound artifact.”
“They can’t possibly know this for fact.”
“It’s most likely some Krapoulous scheme,” The eldest thought, those Eclipses were their mortal enemy for longer than any of them wanted to remember (thought they could if they cared to), “But someone told them something, though not everything, or they would not even come to us with terms.”
“I know one thing…” Uncle Kain added, “Many of us could not be here tonight…”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Kimiko, Elizabeth and Lexy followed Carla, Dietrich and Lilly along a winding path that led them deeper into the trees. The foliage was thick and Kimiko bristled slightly at the same time Lilly did. She turned and looked towards Elizabeth and Lexy, though she could not see them she could feel them, and they too tensed.

Without another second going by the ground crumbled away, roughly fifty meters from them and a massive clawed hand erupted from within, scratching the dirt and lifting the massive body it was attached to up and out of the hollow.

Ch 11 - Shattered 608px-Angazhan

The creature stared at them, his glowing red eyes fixed on Dietrich, clearly focusing on the largest in the group first, and purple smoke softly wafted from his nostrils. He was easily 35 feet tall and leaned forward onto his massive knuckles like an ape would. Tilting his head slightly he spoke, "The Mistress has called me... the Mistress bids me to feed." He laughed at himself. It was a gravely laugh that could only be described as stones being poured into a blacksmiths furnace and he looked again, "Of course... I prefer my meat cooked."

Elizabeth whispered, "What in the bloody hell is it?"

Kimiko shushed her and the creature snapped his head to the voices, "And it seems... I will have my fill."

A massive toothy grin spread out across his face, the smoke in his nostrils began to build slightly.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Dietrich tilted his head as he watched the hole emerge it seemed appropriate to whistle as the clawed hand emerged but his throat was surprisingly dry and he couldn't bring himself to when he saw the head unveil itself from the pit as he gritted his teeth seeing that this thing looked him straight in the eye. 'Cooked' meat was too bad a pun to say as he held the axe with one hand on his shoulder wiping the sweat off his other. "I want someone to watch for the breath scream if you notice any repeated actions before he does." He turned to Kimiko a quite mumble.

"His fire is biologically done so a shield against physical rather than magical is more appropriate." He reached for a hatchet. "I will take the lead."

His actions were calm but his mind was beginning to race, hardly a plan was formed really as Dietrich began a slow walk conserving himself as he drew back the hatchet gritting his teeth he threw it with a mighty bellow he had its attention as it bounced harmless off a great horn. "And even if something ... horrid happens don't freeze up." As he began to jog towards the beast spinning the axe in his palms as he ran forward not even looking to see if the others followed as he let his vision focus on this abomination he swore to his ancestors... it was just another giant to be fed to his 'giant' killer.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:43 pm

The creature flashed his massive teeth and spoke, "Oh it is so much more fun when they are willing!"

He broke forward in a run, heading straight for Dietrich, His eyes focused on the large Norseman. As they two closed the gap his attention suddenly changed and he released his breath weapon, a massive ball of purple smile that smiled like rotten stomach bile and sulpher. The two meter wide ball and its tail, screamed over Dietrich's head and hissed towards Carla and Lilly.

The creature tilted his horned head and with unholy speed came up against Dietrich, His hand, big enough to pick up 15 passenger van, swiped at the large Viking, his claws bare and attempting to cut the man in half.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Dietrich tore his gaze off the creatures grin as he didn't watch the bile bomb fly overhead instead he had a freight train of a claw heading straight at him he gave another warcry in deep norse appraising the day of redemption as he slammed the axe at the ground and a feat of strength as his hands seemed to turn a shade of deep red he lifted himself into something representing a handstand on the axes haft as the claw swiped the blade beneath him cartwheeling his upside momentum back onto his feet with a heavy thump but he was standing.

The creature didn't even pause and brought the arm back to backhand him as Dietrich could feel the rot sliding amongst his blood as he smiled feeling his arms practically fueled with its dark energies as he faced this back hand. Bringing the axe to bare in an overhead swing noticing the hardened scale like substance on its forearm but he paid it no heed willing his axe to bite through this monstrosity, his coat almost a trail behind him as he moved in a forward swing.

"This will be an entertaining death!" As he felt the axe hit and like the resounding sound of a crumbling bell it gave a tone he didn't expect it made him wonder if it was the axe complaining or the flesh of this creature as he was quickly taken by the momentum of the claw and forced off his feet his axe trailing in the ground prevented him from taking off too far as it slowed him into a kneeled form as he stared at the creature to inspect the probing attack from some distance though he wondered if this was wise with the spitting creature.

Last edited by Zack on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered LQUnhE

The moment the hulking creature appeared before the six of them Carla feverishly tried to dry her palms and took one of her glocks from the holster on her back. The only real question was, what type of ammo should she use on the beast? She had some clips prepared for ‘arch-types’ her comrades predicted she’d face as well as a rainbow clip, consisting of random bullets in case she ran out of ideas. But at the moment she decided to remain conservative and slid a clip of regular, if armor piercing rounds. She wasn’t sure it’d do much more but tickle the giant beast which appeared to be either leathery or scaly across its entire body.
She had barely secured the clip and put a bullet in the chamber when it bellowed its putrid bile in the direction of both her and Lily, and though she scrambled behind a tree in time anything that stood in its path was sizzling into an acidic pile. The tree she jumped behind wasn’t directly in the line of fire but even so splatterings of the stuff were eating at it.
She was going to need a thicker tree if he were to take a shot at her again, but for now, she was looking to return the favour. Hoping to get a few shots off when the brawling gentlemen would allow it.
As soon as Dietrich found himself getting violently propelled away from the creature she popped from behind the battered tree and released a volley.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:13 pm

The Norseman's axe made contact and the creature pushed through with its attack, knowing the blade would not bite all the way through, if at all. As Dietrich rebounded and landed on his feet the creature spun on its heels and faced him, tilting his head slightly and a guttural laugh escaped his mouth. Bringing his arm up he looked at the fractured scales and then looked up at Dietrich as the diamond hard scales repaired themselves.

He narrowed his gaze and prepared to charge again.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered The_li10Lily watched as the creature came up from the massive hole and took a step back, "Bloody hell", she exclaims.  She watches in horror as Dietrich says what he does and approaches the creature.  She opens her vest, preparing to grab her blades to throw, already determining to go for the tendons at the back of it's heels, speaking to Carla.  "When ye shoot, lass...go for the back of his knees and achilles tendons at the back of it's heels so we can bring it do'on", she said her Irish burr thicker with her growing anxiety.   Then it turned it's head towards her and Carla and her vivid blue eyes widened.

When it spewed it's massive ball of heat and stench at them Lily tried to grab Carla to throw her out of the way feeling the heat of the ball hit, throwing her back as she felt her skin burning on her left arm and side, screaming in pain but immediately looking for the human woman.

"CARLA!!!  GET HER!!!  CHECK THE LASS!!!", she cried out to the others, getting to her feet, tears of pain running down her cheeks but she wiped at them with her good hand, looking down at her left hand and seeing the reddened and blistered skin running from her left hand, up her bare arm and a small portion of her neck.  She'd never felt pain like this before but she swallowed it the best she could and concentrated on Dietrich.  She flexed her left fingers but knew she couldn't throw with it and cursed, running towards Dietrich, pulling a blade from it's sheath.  She ran, attempting to move around it into position, waiting for the right spot before throwing the blade, aiming for the achilles tendon, throwing the blade so that it would slice through it.  

Ch 11 - Shattered Aurora10
Goblins!!  She hated them.  They'd killed her mother and scarred her back.  She'd felt Ean's loving hand on her shoulder just minutes before, making sure that all the love she felt for him was in her gaze when she looked back at him only to look at Sionn and then to Erebus, listening to their exchange.  She too felt that this would not be where Arawela would strike....it was too obvious for what she knew of the druidress.  

She heard Erebus' words in her head and as such felt the intense love he still felt for her, breaking her heart that her friend would possible hurt because of her but she shook it off stepping behind him and Ean, her bow and arrow ready.  She still didn't understand why she was the most important character on their side of this battle but she didn't doubt that Erebus and Sionn knew what they were talking about.

Then she heard the roar coming from where the others were and she gasped, moving in their direction.  She couldn't just stand by and let her friends be harmed when she felt a hand on her shoulder, stopping her.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Dietrich watched the scale repair and an eyebrow raised as he left the axe embed in the dirt and began to peel the heavy coat letting it drop to the dirt as the shirt he wore stopped at his elbow the tattoo's on his forearms were strangely alive afterall no one understood fully what was happening beneath his skin as the rot inside him drew symbols on his skin and he bit his thumb hard enough to draw blood as the creature was closing fast he drew a glyph onto the axe it glowed a deep red.

He gave a roar inhuman in depth and volume as his vocal cords were amplified his body was his magic he wasn't purely muscle as he began to run towards the creature knowing it bore down on him maybe he should take a drink from the black bottle that hung from the weapons harness like some discarded sake bottle a red mark on it representing something similar to a skull.

He wanted to see the Poe's before he drank and something told him the creature wouldn't give him the luxury of drinking the 'Family' Tonic as he saw the creatures left claw wind back for an attack hoping it wasn't a feint as he raised the axe above his head in response to the challenge.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:38 pm

The creature watched as Lilly took the hit, released from her position and flung the blade at him. He didn't even attempt to move, and watched as the blade smashed into the iron hard skin of his body and then looked up at her. He snarled as the purple smoke began to build from his nostrils again and he spoke, "You think steel can penetrate me? You know how many a Sentinel, with their steel and spirit have broken their bodies against me? I am Angazhan! The Breaker! You will all die, just like they did!"

The magic came from his left side, his attention having been focused on Lilly and Dietrich. The first blast of light rocked his head to the side, and the second, a massive molten rock, took his feet out from under him. He teetered as he tried to maintain his balance, but could not, and landed with a crash against the forest floor. Howling in anger he rolled to his stomach and pressed himself up, the bright red hair burnt away, exposing glistening but unharmed skin.

Elizabeth and Kimiko stood, their hands still outstretched, staring him down. He looked at them and spoke, "So the little wizards DO want to play. I have something for wizards!"

He pressed his fist into the earth and his eyes flashed crimson, a pulse of dark purple almost immediately erupted from his knuckles and exploded in an arch towards them. Kimiko reacted faster, hissing words of magic, but she could not complete her incantation and the purple wave crumbled the ground beneath their feet, throwing them back and then suckign them down into the large hole it created. Both lady wizards scraped and clung at the roots of the freshly up earthed trees, and Lexy screamed as she watched her sister drop into the hole.

"LEXY!! GO TO LIL!!! GO!"

Lexy broke from her invisibility and sprinted towards Carla, snatching her to her feet, and thrust her hands towards Lilly, still in a full sprint, "Est'tala, Mentesa Fracta!"

The golden golden white light wrapped Lilly's body, and her flesh was completely restored, as was every ounce of her strength.

Angazhan tilted his head towards her and snarled, "And enters one of the healing arts... haven't seen one of those in generations."

Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 6:07 pm

"You should watch your back laddie." Dietrich had come behind his very breath stank of death even the monster turned to see this 'creature' wait had he compared this man formed thing as Dietrich brought the axe down purposefully onto a horn the creature grin came but was very momentary as the glowing glyphs on his axe sparked white at contact on this creature the 'breaker' As the axe bit into the horn like a tree Dietrich quickly retracted the axe with a chunk of what he would like to name black ivory the horns roots exposed as Angazhan brought himself to his feet quickly than Dietrich would have like.

"Stay down." The axe swung this time Angazhan recognizing the added potency of this mad Norseman he swayed away from the biting wings of the axe and Dietrich moved in to follow it was almost satisfying to see the huge creature back away but he knew it would be short lived as he heard the cries from the women he hope the others would help them while he kept some of the attention on his biting axe though the glyph was quickly fading the rot unable to feed on more magical energy on the blade of the axe it turned ash-like and fell to the dirt in small fine speckles of coal like substance.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered The_li10Lily watched as Kimiko and Lizzy are sucked into the Earth, screaming out along with Lexy. Then, she feels her flesh healing, her strength returning and nodded to Lexy in thanks only to remember Angazhan's words. Her blades would not penetrate his skin but maybe.....the Ufebhert blades Sionn had had made for her. She always kept them in the special sheaths she'd made at her hip and now she drew the largest one holding it expertly as she watched Dietrich, hoping that Angazhan would keep his attention on the viking while she went around, clearly seeing that the man she considered his casing pain to the creature.

She was at 'The Breaker's' feet, slashing out with the Ufhbert blade, the second blade now unsheathed, her hands moving in a blur as she carved symbols she didn't know she knew into the backs of his legs as far up as she could reach only to misjudge. A large, clawed hand swiped down, catching her midchest. She felt ribs break, felt her insides bruise dangerously, as she flew the air landing about twenty yards away in a heap. She lay there, trying to breathe when she slowly pulled her feet up under her. She felt her ribs, wincing at the feel of the two broken ribs at the bottom, grateful it was there and not up by her lungs. She swallowed the pain, drawing up a strength she didn't know she had from somewhere deep and ran back in, "DIETRICH!!!! HOLD THE BEAST'S EYES TAE YE!!", she yelled out rushing in to slash again.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Angazhan focused on Dietrich, and then felt the bite, the bite of steel not known for hundreds of years. He recoiled, and his reflexes gave him the ability to swipe at the Irish woman, but then the spell took hold.

"How?"

He cringed, and then he truly became angry... an Elar'uma?? It was impossible... a Punkie maybe... but not an ....

He reared his head back and he howled in pain and frustration as the spells took hold. The carvings in the back of his legs bringing the only pain he had known in hundreds of years. However with that pain came the revelation... the clarity and the connection, she loved him.... the Viking, for with the spell, also came the depth of the mind.

His head snapped and with a roar of anger and conviction that could only be drawn from the inmost depths of revenge, Angazhan released a second breath weapon in Dietrich's direction, a massive purple ball of stinking fire and bile... he would strike her heart first, and then he would strike at her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ch 11 - Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 11 - Shattered
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: