Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 11 - Shattered

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 ArawelaBanner

Arawela could feel the pull of magic coming from Torri, it was more powerful than she remembered, but she was hardly concerned or intimidated by it. As the tree bent and protected Torri once again, she increased her speed, watching as the arrow was launched and came towards her. Figuring the arrow was your standard, basic arrow, like the one that Torri had pinned Sionn with, Arawela simply took her shadow form again, expecting the arrow to harmlessly pass through her. She was already drawing energy to herself and was preparing to deliver one more explosive blow when the phosphorous exploded in front of her and blinded her.

She stopped, and though she wasn't physically harmed in any way thanks to her shadowy form, her eyes were unprotected from the burst of light and she stopped, trying to blink away the spots. Not knowing what might be coming next she shot off to her left, cutting away the angle of attack Torri would have and finding camouflage in the thick trees.

As her site returned she saw Torri move, and then felt the Fara's presence leaving the grounds. Gritting her teeth she whispered in a hiss to herself, "Next time pretty little Fara... next time I will incinerate you for attacking us in my home!"

She returned with haste to Sionn, he was still stapled to the wall. She grimaced and spoke as she touched the arrow, "This is going to hurt a little."

He was expecting magic, but she just pulled the arrow free from the wall, then snapped it in half and pulled what remained of the shaft through. Sionn grunted in pain and clutched his shoulder as he turned and looked out at the grounds, "Did you kill her?"

Arawela shook her head, "No, the little pip managed to escape."

Sionn grit his teeth and his sisters last words echoed in his mind, nodding he whispered as he looked to where she just was, "Indeed sister... we will see each other again, sooner than you might think."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Aurora10Aurora was also feeling the connection now that she'd come to him with her worries and feelings but she also saw his own worries and felt guilty at having neglected him in more ways than her not opening up to him. She remained in his arms for a moment longer than leaned back, looking up at him.

"I know you are worried about your sisters, Ean....I am here for you and I will work so much harder at not shutting you out. I do not wish to lose you." She picked up his large hand and laid it across her chest over her heart, "You are here....always. And this is where I want you to remain. "

She then wrapped her arms around him as he'd done to her as they knelt together there on her bedroom floor, "Talk to me now, Ean....tell me what is bothering you. Let us lean on each other.....although I have a feeling that for now, I will be leaning on you more than you will be me. I hope that will be okay", she said with a loving smile as she looked up into his eyes only to raise up and kiss him lovingly. They were connected again.....more now than ever before and her heart felt lighter.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 EanBanner

Ean smiled at Aurora as she spoke and nodded lovingly, returning her kiss. As she spoke of his sisters he smiled all the more broadly, and with pride, "I have been talking to Aidan, he said there is nothing to worry about, that they will be fine and it is just a matter of time before they..."

"Before they what?"

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 LexyBanner

Turning quickly, Aurora and Ean looked at the voice, Lexy was looking at them with a loving smile on her face. She was pale and looked a bit weak but was clearly in good spirits. Ean helped Aurora stand and they both went to her, grabbing her tightly and she huffed at the impact, but laughed softly, "All right ya two nobs... enough enough with ya."

She looked at Aurora and reached up, touching her face, "You've been crying... I suppose all of you have..."

She sighed softly and looked at them, "I love you both... so very much."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 9:09 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Aurora10Upon hearing Lexy's voice, Ean's and Aurora's heads spun around with great smiles on their faces. She took Ean's hand as he helped her stand and then they both enfolded Lexy into their tight embraces, seeing to it that she couldn't ever escape until she got bossy with them, telling them that Lexy was well and truly back.

As she touched her face, Aurora nodded to her then smiled again at Lexy's words of love, hugging her again. "We love you, Lexy...just as much. You are the sister I never had."

She had wanted to ask Ean when they were going to lay Erebus to rest and see to their wedding. She wanted nothing fancy...nothing huge. She just wanted to be his in every way. He already cradled her heart and soul in his , now it was just a matter of making it legal and taking his name.

She stood next to him, her arms wrapped around his thick, muscular waist as she felt his own wrap around her protectively...lovingly, laying her head upon his chest.

"We have plenty of food fixed, sister.....has Lizzy or Kimiko woken yet?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:07 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 EanBanner

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 LexyBanner

Lexy smiled weakly to Aurora and nodded, "And you are the other sister I always wanted..."

She thumped Ean on the chest with the back of her hand and winked, "Always knew this donkey would eventually find a lass that could handle him."

"Hey, I'm no that bad!"

Lexy raised an eyebrow and glanced to her left, a pair of Ean's socks laying on the floor at the foot of Aurora's bed. He looked back at her and cleared his throat, "Well, those... we got wet as we were bringing all of you in and ..." "And they are no in your own room..." He blushed and shook his head, "Lexy it is no..." She laughed heartily, though there was till weakness in the sound and she touched him on the shoulder, "Ean, I am not Mum, I am only windin' ya up."

He shook his head and looked at Aurora, "Apparently she IS back."

He winked at Aurora and then looked at Lexy who was smiling at him only as a baby sister can.

At the mention of food Lexy looked at Aurora and nodded with a smile, "Aye, good... I am peckish."

She turned and looked down the hall at the empty space and then back to Aurora, responding to her other question, "I do not know, I peeked in but neither were stirring." She looked back and slipped her elbow under Aurora's, "Come sister, let's eat some of that food you cooked."

Ean raised an eyebrow, "What about me? What about what I cooked?"

Lexy looked back at him as she and Aurora began descending the stairs, "Oh whatever is cooking down there smells far too grand to be anything you made dear brother."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 TorriBanner

Where does one go when they have no place to go? That’s an easy riddle to solve. At least for Torri it was.

New Orleans was like New York. It never really slept. Things just took on a different sense about them at night. The shadows were alive, in more ways than one. And when you are a creation that has lived for millennia’s in those shadows, it’s rather easy to return to them. While others saw the shadows as evil or holding unseen horrors, Torri knew that was not the case. At least not for Fara. Or as she had discovered.

Her absence from her brother had caused him to turn from his family….from his sister….and take up with a powerful Druidess. A mad, powerful Druidess. As Torri walked along moving as one with the night, her thoughts took her back to the childhood she and Sionn shared. Sionn was always so playful and he loved life. The life they had with their parents, anyway. While they always trained with their abilities and were very well aware of what they were, it wasn’t until they matured they began to understand who they were.

Torri thought it ironic Sionn was the one who seemed to tip the scales. She knew if anyone bet on the two of them she was the one everyone was certain would she would be the one to walk away from it all and do whatever she wanted to do. Sionn’s words still echoed in her head. She never thought he felt like that. She was certain he always did just what the hell he wanted but still remained by her side. She knew one day he would be the one to settle down somehow, somewhere, eventually, and he had a lot of wild oats to sow before that would happen. But damn….she never expected him to hurt those he supposedly loved.

Torri turned a corner and saw a group of bodies standing in a tight circle talking softly among themselves. She remained on the opposite side of the street but when they saw her they stopped talking and stared at her. Her body began to tense as she watched them. Form what she could tell, they were six men, all wearing dark colors, and motioning towards her. They began to slowly break up and start walking her way. By the time she reached their area of the street, they had placed themselves in such a way she would have to weave between them to get past them.

The first two let her pass by but she knew they were closing ranks behind her. Her green eyes peered out under the hood of her jacket and her hands remained in her jacket where the pockets normally were placed. Her hands gripped the hilt of a couple of her daggers readying for the inevitable confrontation.

Walking ten more feet, the leader of the group moved to completely block her path and as she tried to move left or right to pass by, he made sure he was in her way. Finally stopping a few feet from him she sensed the others circling in around and behind her. Her eyes assessed those she could see and her keen ears heard the movements of the others outside her line of sight.

The leader spoke up, his voice thickly accented with the typical New Orleans French Quarter drawl….

“Well, well, well…..what we got heya….looks like la petite took da wrong turn and be a lost little sheep now, eh?”

Torri remained silent. He glanced around at all the others and grinned wolfishly.

“La petite done know what to say. Maybe she be so scared she no can talk, eh?”

Torri still remained silent.

“We likes it when dey be silent. Makes it easier for us. Now…what say you and….all us….get better acquainted?”

The man behind Torri lunged to try and circle his arms around her torso. Torri quickly broke free by throwing her arms up and breaking his grasp then spinning and bringing her elbow in contact with his nose. He howled in pain and grabbed his nose before crumbling to the ground in pain.

The one to her left struck out then and before he could bring his gun forward he found a dagger piercing his shoulder severing the nerve. The gun was dropped as he lost the inability to grasp it.

Next she heard them charging from the rear and she spun to her right bringing her right leg around and connecting with one of them square in the gut and doubling him over. The other one did get in a good hit to her left jaw knocking her back a few feet but she was able to recover and stop him from advancing any further on her when another dagger ended up piercing his kneecap. As he screamed and clutched his knee she silenced him with a straight on kick to his chin.

Two were left and as Tiorri spun to face them she found herself flat on her back on the ground with one of them on top of her. She saw stars as the back of her head smacked the pavement pretty hard and the air rushed from her lungs. She didn’t have time to think about those things as she felt the mans large hands closing in around her throat. As he exerted pressure, Torri felt her air being cut off and instinctively she grasped his hands to try and pull them off. When she realized that was not working and she was running out of time, She did the one thing she knew she COULD do. Lifting her legs quickly, she pushed up with her hips and looped her left leg around his head then pulled down with all her strength causing him to release his grasp on her throat. As he began to fall back, Torri gasped for air and pounced quickly when she released him.

Reaching over to the man who still withered on the ground with the knife in his kneecap, Torri violently pulled the knife from his knee and jumped to her feet just in time to meet the leader of the group head on. He stopped abruptly when he felt the distinct sharp point of a blade poised to make sure he went from a bull to steer with one quick swipe.

As he stood perfectly still and signaled to one of the men who was starting to get up to stop, he glared down at Torri for a moment before he grinned at her.

“La petite….you no hurt me now….would you?”

Torri glared up at the man and pressed the dagger harder into his groin causing him to move slightly to try and save his manhood. Torri’s voice was barely over a whisper.

”I’ve had one shitty day n’you did na make it any better….but I thank ye for the chance to let me work off me frustrations. Much obliged….n’I be looking for the chance t’do it again sometime….but for now….I have to be goin’. In th’meantime….I suggest ye mind your manners n’not give anyone a hard time that walks down th’street. Know what I mean…..grand gars (big guy)”

The man still grinned at Torri but the look in his eye was nothing short of murderous. As Torri slowly eased the dagger from the mans groin, she held it threateningly before her as she backed away from the group. Stopping at the man who had her dagger in his shoulder, she reached down and violently pulled the dagger from him as well. As he began to howl in pain she kicked him in the jaw to make him stop.

With one last look at the sorry group, she ran on leaving them behind just as she heard the sirens approaching in the distance. Quickly ducking into a cemetery, she weaved through the darkness and tombstones until she found what she was looking for. Easing up to the above ground crypt, Torri glanced around to make sure no one else was around then slowly opened the creaking door as quietly as possible.

Once inside, she closed the door in the same fashion then looked around the crypt. Two concrete vaults rested on concrete risers, one on each side of the crypt. Torri glanced at both of them then sighed heavily. Now that that fight was over, she was starting to feel the effects of the blows she took. Her chin smarted and her throat felt like it was on fire when she swallowed. As her adrenaline levels began to decrease, she felt the exhaustion of the last few days creeping up on her. Moving behind the vault on the left of the crypt, she found the duffle bag she left there a while back. It was dust covered but inside she knew she’d find her sleeping bag and a change of clothes.

Rolling the sleeping bag out, she decided to try and get some rest before she had to be up in a few hours to figure out what to do next. Sitting in the back corner, she stretched her legs out and leaned her head back against the cool stone of the crypt. As she drifted off to sleep, she remembered how Sionn looked when he spoke to Arawela and the way he looked at her. Torri felt her stomach churn again and she forced the memory from her mind so she could close her eyes. Her voice whispered in the darkness as she fell asleep.

”Love you, Sionn….”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Torri felt a warmth that wasn't there when she had fallen asleep. The ground was soft, the sleeping bag didn't smell like mildew, the air was less moist and moldy.

As she opened her eyes she was in a room, one that she didn't recognize. As she sat up a familiar voice came from beside her and spoke softly.

"Calm yourself lass, you are safe."

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 SamBanner

As she turned and looked at Sam her face had an expression of, "How?" Sam leaned forward slightly as he stood up and walked over to a basin filled with water and before she could ask her question he spoke, "You think a Punkie gets to be 357 years old and not learn how to move someone without waking them?"

He raised an eyebrow and rung out a washcloth, walking over and dabbing it against her face where the bruise has formed from her fight the night before with the street thugs, "Where'd you get the war wound?"

She told him and he shook his head before sitting back down, "I am glad to hear they picked on you instead of a human, at least you can handle yourself. The ugly elements of this city seem to be getting more and more... it's a damn shame, I remember when this whole place was safe and fun."

His craggy face seemed to deepen a moment and he turned to look at her again, "Where's Sionn?"

It hit her, Sam didn't know...
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Torri was thankful for the cloth to her bruise. It was helping it feel not so bruised. She took the cloth from him and laid back on the soft pillow, closing her eyes. How could she tell Sam without breaking down? She would just have to. That’s all there was to it. Opening her eyes, she sat up slowly and took a deep breath.

She relayed to him she had been sent away by her mum to study under the Fara Elders to learn ancient ways of her race and how they sent her to California to try and help save the destruction that was sure to happen there. She spoke in a monotone voice and stared off in the distance as she described how she watched Sionn run Ean through and killed him just as she was getting ready to join the group to try and stop Arawela. What she didn’t say was that she didn’t know what happened between that moment and three days later when she found herself wandering around the streets of New Orleans looking for Sionn and what happened when she found him. One thing was for certain, though, she refused to allow herself any of the emotions she was feeling, even now. Finally she blinked and looked over at Sam’s face seeing the concern on his face, shaking her head.

”I dunno what t’do, Sam. I always knew this world was a piss pot but now….”

Blinking her bleary eyes, she rubbed them and took the cloth to wipe her face down wincing slightly as she felt the cut on her cheek sting. Letting the tips of her fingers ease over the thin, pink line she frowned and furrowed her brow.

”Of all the crazy bitches Sionn could get mixed up with….why that one?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Sam looked at Torri, his eyes focused on her face. He was pale with the news and he furrowed his eyebrows deeply before standing and walking over to the window, looking out into the French Quarter Streets. Finally he turned and looked at her, addressing her questions, "Nobody can know but Sionn, I would rule out being hexed, at least not by any stupid magic she wields or the sort. Sionn never could handle his balls, we all know that... looks like it finally made him do something irretrievably stupid."

She looked up at him and he shook his head, "Not this time lass, there is no turning this one around. You've seen the news aye?"

She nodded and he continued, "The death toll is in the millions, and I recon his assisting her was not recent, it had to have been going on for a very long time based on what you have told me."

He took the towel and dipped it in the basin again, ringing it out and pressing it to her cheek, "Keep it there, there's medicines, it will heal that mess up in a few hours if you leave it be."

Turning he paced softly as he thought for a good long while. Finally he turned and looked at Torri, "I recon your parents don't know, they would have called me."

Torri's face went pale with agreement and he nodded in confirmation of his own words, "Looks like you and I are flying to Scotland... again."

He sighed heavily and smiled sympathetically, at least as best he could, "More importantly however, before we even leave this room..."

He walked over and sat next to the bed again, "Tell me about how YOU are doing... you can't bottle this up anymore, I know you aren't expressive, neither am I... but one thing I can tell you, if you hold it in you will lose more than your brother."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Torri shook her head as she accepted the cloth and pressed it to her cheek then to her chin, thankful for the relief it was offering her.

”Can’t do that, Sam. Can’t. I just have t’move on n’keep going. He’s gone….that’s th’ truth. May not be dead physically but he might as well be far as I am concerned. Th’minute he decided t’move over to her he left behind anything I had with him. Brother or not. I always knew his loins would cause more trouble for him then they be worth but this beats all....”

She sighed heavily again and looked towards the window before looking back at him. Her eyes had a haunted look to them for a minute before she blinked it away and placed that expressionless look on her face.

”I spose we should get ready to go, yeah? And I would suggest we try n’get th’next flight out….now they both know I be here….they’ll both be comin’ lookin for me. I know you can handle things well but no need in me bringin trouble t’your door step.””
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Sam looked at her and furrowed his brows at her response. Since she was a lass he had a soft spot for her in his heart, maybe it was that he never had kids of his own and always sort of saw the McGhees as the family he never had... or maybe it was just that she and him were so similar in their outlook on the world. Whatever it was he was clearly not going to accept her side stepping the question and he leaned forward as she tried to sit up and leave, "Lay down."

She looked at him with surprise, he was a LOT stronger than he appeared, and though she could feel that strength he only pressed hard enough to keep her from sitting all the way up. He looked at her and spoke, his tone had softened a touch, "Torri, we can't leave for a wee bit, and I will charter a jet, that way we can talk during the flight. All that aside, yes, he's gone, but that doesn't..." he paused and breathed in softly before continuing, "That doesn't make it hurt less."

He looked at her and she would finally see it in his eyes, he was hurting too. For the first time in a long time Sam was showing a hint of vulnerability and it might hit Torri that his engaging her in this conversation might be not just for her, but for both of them to figure Sionn's actions out.

He shook his head as he hastily brushed a forming tear from his eye with the back of his hand as he whispered, "Stupid boy... what the hell are you thinking..."

He looked up at Torri again and spoke, "I don't disagree with anything you said, and I am not saying we try to save him, there is no saving him. Even if we get him to change his mind the Stormborn are going to hunt him down and kill him for this... wouldn't be the first time such actions were taken."

Torri knew that Sam used to be a high ranking member of the Stormborn Council of Elders but there was something in the way he said it, like it was more than just a fact. He stared at her and spoke, "Fact is Torri... we can't allow him to live."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Torri wanted to protest Sam’s insistent but she knew she best not. After all, she knew his history with the Council of Elders and her family and she gave him the respect he deserved and earned. As she saw his normally sarcastic, grizzled exterior crack slightly, she blinked. Her hurt was not hers alone and for once, she thought maybe there WAS someone who might know how she feels. At least a little anyway.

As she listened to Sam talk about Sionn’s inevitable future, she nodded slowly as she lowered her gaze from his. She swallowed hard a few times trying to quell the emotions that were practically bursting forth from deep within. When she tried to talk, a lump formed in the back of her throat and her voice cracked. Softly clearing her throat to try and regain her voice, she merely shook her head a couple of times.

Finally she raised her gaze to his and the moisture that filled her eyes was barely contained within.

”I know this Sam…..”

A lone tear slid down her cheek.

”Is why I went lookin’ for him n’th’first place. N’ I damn near succeeded. If he had na reacted so quickly, he’d be dead. N’the’longer he lives, the more of a risk he is t’all of us. Specially with the likes o’that bitch. I have t’be the one t’do it, Sam. Ye know as well as I do. N’ I’d rather kill him then see him with the likes o‘her….but….”

More tears joined the first one and the other cheek was beginning to get its fair share of moisture on it as well.

”Damn him…..damn him to hell….”

Her hands drew into tight fists as she lowered her head and let the flood go. Her shoulders shook as silent sobs racked her body. Never had Torri cried like this. Not even when she was a child. And the more she cried, the more her anger at Sionn grew for making her feel this way and causing her tears to fall.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Sam listened, letting her speak, and ultimately, cry. He too lost control of his emotions and cried as he watched her pain release. She felt the bed beside her dip as he sat beside her and he put his arm around her, pulling her in a side hug and together they released their emotions. Finally he patted her arm and released her, slipping off the bed and onto the floor.

"Aye lass, you need to be the one to do it... but you won't be alone."

As she looked up at him she saw it in his face, Sam, who hadn't had direct dealings with the politics or actions of the Races for almost 40 years was committing to her, "We will do this together, I will be with you, I will help you."

He sighed heavily and shook his head, "Just when I was starting to get comfortable in this hotel business."

Shaking his head he turned, "Wash up lass, feel free to take as long as you like. I will charter the jet and let you know when wheels up time is."

He stopped and turned to look at her at the doorway, "You have always meant a lot to me Torri, like a daughter I never had."

With a half smile and nod, Sam left the room, closing the door behind him so she could get ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 11 - Shattered
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: