Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 KaliBlack

The look of fear in Tanjee’s eyes gave Kali pause, and she remained perfectly still. Breathing heavily as she recovered from the spell she had just cast, Kali stared at Tanjee, and watching her intently in complete silence.

Finally after a moment she spoke softly, her voice was noticeably calmer, yet still had a lacing of frost upon it, “Put your hand down Tanjee, I did not harm Trystan, nor would I harm him, or you for that matter. For Hades sake you are the only ‘friends’ I have.”

The middle room the two of them were standing in that led to the three sleeping quarters on this level of the tower had a round hearth in the middle that blazed with a warm fire which gave off no smoke. Beside it, was a teapot, steaming from the spout, and Kali walked over to take it in her hand. She turned to look at Tanjee who was still wide-eyed and uncertain. Kali looked at the chair across from the one she obviously was about to sit in, “Sit.”

It was clear that she was not making an open request of whether or not Tanjee wanted to sit, this was said like a commander speaking to a soldier. As Tanjee made her way over and slowly sat, never taking her eyes off Kali, the Archmage handed her a cup of tea and then poured one for herself. She noticed Tanjee looking at the stoneware mug with reservation and Kali spoke again, her voice even softer than before, “If I intended you harm I wouldn’t be so sneaky as to poison you. It’s Holy Basil and Lavender tea, hardly the stuff that will kill you, instead it’s something to calm us both down.”

Kali sat and placed her tea on the table, running her hands along the sides of her head she pulled and tucked her hair all the way back behind her head and fastened it with a silver hair clip she produced from within her sleeve. It was the most casual that Tanjee had ever seen Kali get, she truly looked like a woman comfortable in her own environment for the first time since Tanjee had ever met her, and it was in fact a very rare sight for anyone to behold. She looked over at Tanjee and finally spoke, “I want to start by saying you can be honest with me, because I am about to be honest with you. If we can agree to start there I think this conversation will go a lot smoother.”

She lifted her tea and sipped it. She saw the look of confusion on Tanjee’s face, how Kali had gone form furious and formidable to soft and friendly in under two minutes, “Obviously, I am struggling here Tanjee. I think that can go without saying, but I am going to say it anyway for the sake of awareness. Understand that I have no intention of trying to win Trystan’s heart back, so if you want to pursue him in whatever manner you see that manifesting itself I won’t interfere.”

She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes a moment before looking back at Tanjee and continuing, “I loved Trystan. I loved him very much. You have to understand however, when I walked into the warding of these towers, I knew that people would question my motivations, I expected that people would think I switched sides to join what seemed to be the stronger force on the opposing sides of the battlefield. What I did however, I did with the full intentions of the outcome that came to pass… for the most part.”

She stopped again and Tanjee would instinctively know that Kali was referring to the scar that covered most of the side of her face which she purposely revealed to the Elfess before beginning to speak. Kali inhaled deeply before continuing, “The fact is Tanjee, I expected that people would think those things about me, I knew they would fell betrayed and conclude that I had abandoned them at Krynn’s darkest hour. What surprised me however, was that my other expectation was completely shattered, nobody trusted me or even accepted me once I returned.”

The slightest flash of sadness crossed Kali’s eyes but it was so fleeting that only the keenest eye would have detected it, “Nobody can see within me Tanjee, partly at my own intent of hiding it, but mostly because people failed to see it when I tried … I know that in the view of everyone who witnessed me disappear into these towers that I am ‘evil’ by their and the world’s standards. I suppose in the end if I am seen as evil people simply resolve that in the end I got what I deserved. Even the goddess you serve refused to restore me to health. Ironic that I could have been ruling her instead of being ruled by her lack of will to heal me.”

Kali took another long sip of her tea and leaned back in her chair, looking across the short distance between them and spoke again, there was a noticeable difference in her voice, slightly shaky and trimmed with sorrow, “I could have lived with all that having no regret Tanjee. I could have walked this planet for the rest of my life without any sort of bitterness or remorse for my decision, if in the end I wasn’t walking alone. The painful impact of what people thought of me after that battle was a moon cast shadow to the pain I felt when I discovered that Trystan felt the same way everyone else did. Yes, he came to Glen Durel, yes, he apologized, but in the end, he does not trust me any longer. I do not doubt that he is grateful for what I did, and perhaps deep down he still has a lingering feeling or two, but any hope of commitment would constantly be undermined by our differing views on the world, especially given the circumstances we have both been viewing it through.”

She leaned forward now and spoke, “The truth is, there is no debt between he and I, not any longer, I wiped that debt clean today by helping your friend. You all came here with the expectation that I would require some sort of payment for any assistance that I was to offer, it was all over your faces and there are no secrets that can be kept from me within my own tower. I tell you now though, woman to woman, the slate is clean.”

“The only love I can truly pursue Tanjee, is my love of the Art. I am a wizard, I was born a wizard and I will die a wizard, and by the grace of the only god who saw what I did as a noble and world saving effort, I have found a new existence and more power than I could have ever hoped for. What I am trying to say is if you have feelings for Trystan and want to pursue him you you won’t trip over me because I am standing in your way. In no way do you need my permission, you are a grown woman, I just want you to know that I won’t blast you from existence if that is truly what you want.”

There was a slight twinkle in her eyes as she said that last sentence, it was a day of firsts for Tanjee, and one of them was seeing Kali say something in jest.

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Healer

Tanjee did't know what to do. On one hand she was terrified Kali would see fit to have her turned into a toad then on the other she saw a side of Kali that reminded her under all of the black fabric of her robe and dress was a woman who had feelings and felt heartbreak and disappointment like everyone else. How could one woman be so complicated? She promised herself if a male told her she was complicated from this moment on, she would see the in their statement. But right now, there was nothing funny about the situation she was in.

As Kali spoke Tanjee took several sips of her tea and felt herself relaxing just as Kali said it would. As she saw the twinkle on the Archmages eyes, she blinked and let a small smile slip a cross her lips. So, she was not immune to at least showingv some emotion. But Tanjee knew the gift she was being given on seeing Kali like this and knew thsre was a reason behond it.

Slowly lowering her cup to her lap, she let her eyes study the cup before her gaze drifted up to meet Kali's. There was something in her eyes that seemed to be a mixture of relief and sadness.

"I wish it was as simple as pursuing Trystan, Kali. But the truth is he and I have made commitments to serve others. How is it fair for me to expect him to make room for me in his life or for me to make room for him? Nothing eould make my heart soar like a hawk than to be able to share my life with him but I am called to help others, just as he is, and that calling takes us far away from each other. He needs a woman who will be there every night for him, making sure his home is in order. I will not always be able to do that for him. And that does not include the times when both of us are in the thick of battle. I want him to be happy, he deserves that, but I do not need him worrying about me when he should be concentrating on his own safe keeping."

Tanjee did not know why she was being so open with Kali. Perhaps it was because Kali had been so open with her. Or perhaps it was because of the relaxation the tea was giving her. No matter the cause, it was the first time Tanjee had been perfectly honest with anyone, even herself.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Kali kept her eyes locked on Tanjee as she spoke and when she finished Kali let a soft smile creep up her face. She stood up and walked over to Tanjee, taking her nearly empty tea cup and speaking softly, "I feel that perhaps we have reached the point in our conversation where our beverages are inappropriate."

With a movement as graceful as her Elven lineage, Kali moved off to a mahogany cabinet and opened it, removing what Tanjee recognized as a very old bottle of elven wine, Kali poured some of the contents into two fresh stoneware goblets and brought one over, handing it to Tanjee. She sat back down and looked over at Tanjee as she gently cleared her throat and spoke, "Tanjee, it would seem that you and I are not as different as we may have thought."

Tanjee crinkled her brows curiously and Kali continued, "You and I... we were cut from different cloth than most of the world. Our lives, they aren't simple or easy, such is the price of being called by the gods. I have been in love twice Tanjee, once with a silver dragon you may know," she looked at Tanjee, knowing that she was aware Kali was referring to Nol'Lore, "And the second time with a dashing and noble Knight of Solamnia. I am not proud to say this, but both times I had heightened expectations, elevated fancies, and unrealistic ideals of what the relationships should and should not look like. To put it rather bluntly things were doomed from the start because I forgot the most important thing when bringing someone else into your life, patience. It's true, you and I, we aren't the "little women", we aren't the type to sit at home and wait for our husband to come home from a hard day working in the field. We aren't the ones who have children and populate the world with a new generation. We're the exception, the ones who make a difference, one might even say, we are the reason the wheel of this world continues to turn."

She leaned forward looked at Tanjee, "But that doesn't absolve of us of love does it? We are not exempt from its grip on our heart, the pull of its song. No Tanjee, we are, at the heart of us, still people, and people have emotions that must be expressed, I think I made a pretty good example of that not too long ago."

The smiled softly and swirled the wine in her glass, "I guess what I am saying is this, and please, take it or leave it, Trystan is a good man, no, a great man. He is loyal to a fault, honorable in all he does and there is not a shred of indecency within his bones. Believe me, if I had the option to try again I would."

Tanjee looked at him and was about to speak but Kali brought her hand up gently to stop her, "I know he still has feelings for me, but those feelings are fleeting, rapidly I might add, because there is a new interest in his life. He is falling in love with YOU Tanjee. Now, what you choose to do or not do is entirely up to you. I am no Scryer, I can't read the future, nor can I offer advice as to what is the right choice, but perhaps that's a blessing in disguise. From what I have learned, the best decisions on can make when it comes to love, are the ones that are made blindly, without all the facts. When you let your gut lead you, when you let your intuition guide you.

She looked up at Tanjee and spoke softly as she blushed, "I am sorry Tanjee, we are almost the same age, it is not my place to advise you, especially in love, I am the least qualified to discuss that emotion, and any advice I give, frankly you would be wisest to ignore."

She brought her wine to her mouth and took a long, drawn out drink before bringing the glass back down to her lap. Tanjee would be able to read her face, Kali was no longer hiding from her.

As she inhaled deeply Kali finally spoke again, "I know you and I have never been close, in fact I have always sensed the distrust you have for me... despite this distrust, we do share, at least to some extent, a lineage that binds us, or maybe it's just the wine talking."

She smiled softly again, and took another sip of her wine.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Tanjee listened to everything Kali said and while she wanted to find fault with her words, there was just none to be found in them.  Never in a million years did Tanjee ever think she would be sitting in a tower of dark magic listening to a wielder of that same magic as they had a civil conversation.  Check that, it was more than civil.  It was….down right enjoyable.  And the more Kali spoke and made sense, the more Tanjee began to see a side of the half elf she had never seen before.  And she liked it.  

Tanjee also perceptive enough to know Kali was not letting her see this side of herself without knowing what she was doing.  For that, Tanjee would forever be grateful.  It wasn’t everyday you got to see into the heart and soul of someone like Klai and for her to reveal it like this, it was more than special.

”Wine or not, Kali, the wisdom of your words cannot be ignored.  I understand what you are saying.  I struggle daily with my head and my heart.  My head tells me no I am a fool to even think of expressing my feelings yet my heart begs me to do just that.  When I left to return to Silvanost this last time, I felt an ache deep within me that did not go away until my eyes saw him once more.  Time slowed to a crawl while I was away and I yearned to see his eyes when he smiled and hear the sound of his voice.  I thought perhaps it was merely missing his company but the more I thought about it, the more I knew it was something much deeper than that.  Even now I fear of what it may be and the last thing I want to do is distract him with the mention of my feelings.  While he may feel strongly for me, I still struggle with revealing anything to him.  Perhaps the wine will tell us more.”

The two talked well into the night.  They talked about everything from Tanjee’s feelings about Trystan to Kali’s adventures with Nol.  Tanjee was like a child again as she listened to Kali describe the way she soared into the clouds on the back of the great Silver Dragon.  By the time Tanjee and Kali’s voices were all but gone, the bottle of Elven wine was all but dry.  

It was good to see Kali in this relaxed state and it opened Tanjee’s eyes to a good many things about the Prince’s daughter.  And Tanjee was certain Kali did it for just that purpose.  As she glanced into the room that Tara was resting peacefully in, she sighed heavily.    

”That one has seen her fair share of the bad in this world.  When we return to Heartlund, her love will be waiting for her and I am certain he will be very glad to see her.”

She gave a small yawn as she stretched then excused herself to retire where ever Kali would have her rest.  As it turns out, it was a room next to Tara’s and when she finally laid in the bed, she felt it’s softness envelope her and before long, she was resting as peacefully as Tara was.

The next morning, or was it afternoon?, Tanjee was standing alongside of Tara.  Refreshed and rejuvenated from the restful sleep she got and the wonderful bath shortly after awakening, she stood and looked over at Kali, smiling softly.

”Your hospitality will not be forgotten, Kali.  If I can ever repay it to you in kind, please allow me to do so.”

She looked over at Tara who was still a little taken aback by all of this but seemed to have made a full recovery considering everything that happened to her.  Tanjee took her hand and squeezed it gently.

”Soon, Tara.  I am sure Gideon will be extremely glad to see you once more, unharmed.”

Her green eyes traveled to Kali once more.

”I almost hate to leave but duty does call.  Thank you again, Kali.”

Daring to take the chance, she stepped forward and gave the Archmage a true hug whispering softly in her ear before stepping back again.

” Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva” (Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet)
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Kali listened as Tanjee spoke of her feelings towards Trystan, the gap she felt when she was away from him, and the struggle she was having. Kali nodded as she finished the second goblet of wine in her hand and poured a third for herself and for Tanjee, “It is an odd thing, this business of sorting out feelings. I do want to make it clear however, I am not match making or in any way trying to influence you, though perhaps that may go without saying. Honestly, I can’t help but make this whole situation personal. I would be lying if I sat here and told you that I did not still hold some lingering feelings for Trystan.”

Tanjee looked at her, a little uncertain at the comment. Surly all this wasn’t said to switch the hourglass and cause the sand to suddenly run the other way was it? Kali tipped her lip upward again, that thin, characteristically crooked smile creeping onto her face and she spoke, “Tanjee, what I mean is, I still have work to be done in service of my god, and also for myself. As you know, Fifth died in the battle, but Piramay did not, she is going to return, just like a dog returns to vomit, that harlot is out there, right now, building a new machine of destruction. I can feel it like my own bones, and she too can feel me. Fifth had instrumented a method of connectivity between these towers that allowed us to communicate and know what the other two were doing. In some respects I am sure that it was done as a means to coordinate ourselves so as we converted the entire structure of this universe into something of our own making, we could do so from any location and with immediacy. I, as you know, was trained extensively in the means to torture a mind while in the service of the Dark Queen. With that training also came the knowledge as to how and prevent it form happening to you. However, a piece of me had to be exposed and made vulnerable so I could complete my mission. My thought of course was that the two whom I allowed that sliver of connectivity with would be dead by the time all the events had played themselves out. It goes without saying that since Piramay is still alive, my plan was not fulfilled, and neither was my mission.”

She inhaled and took a sip of her wine, “From a standpoint of military progress, I can not allow Piramay to live, from a personal stand point, it is extremely dangerous that I allow her to live. Piramay is a dangerously powerful sorceress on any level, but she wields a special brand of destruction because she has zero discrimination or regret. I kill when it is necessary, I allow the balance of things to tip when it needs to, and I will of course do things, for the most part, when there is benefit to myself. The byproduct of that however, is that in the end a greater, unchecked evil will be blotted from the planet. For all her power, and intelligence, Piramay is a dunce at best when it comes to mind control magic, however, she knows about this connection between us, and I guarantee that she will do all she can to exploit it.”

She leaned forward and spoke, “It is imperative that I have no distractions, zero obligations, and a clear path. So though I am not trying to push you to seek a relationship with Trystan, it would certainly help me to know he is unavailable.”

The comment was certainly presumptuous, but there was also a strange lacing of innocence within it. Tanjee would know that Kali was not suggesting she seek a relationship with Trystan simply for her sake, but she was laying out all that was on her mind before her. She looked up at Tanjee and spoke, “Know this Tanjee, I am not trying to push you, I am only trying to find a way to make my own path clear. So I suppose in the end, if I am to stay true to ‘doing things for a cost’ … I suppose that allowing yourself to fall in love with Trystan would be the greatest repayment you could give me.”

She leaned back in her chair and gave a half wink. Her comment was half in jest, but the atmosphere was also making it obvious that she meant it. As the evening lingered on and the two of them finally went to retire for the evening, Kali showed Tanjee her room and also pointed out where the wash and bathing room were. She bid Tanjee good night and went up to the top most floor, her own room, and walked out onto the balcony. She stared into the night, right in the direction of Heartlund and stared at the Keep. She knew Trystan was there, it was where she had sent him, and she was also sure that he was chomping at the bit to get back to the tower. She half smiled into the night and whispered an answer to the question he had asked her right before she sent him away, “Yes Trystan, yes I do still love you. Any love that is left for you within me however, is most effectively expressed by willingly giving you to another, one who can love you with all she is, instead of continuing to hide a part of herself from you.”

She turned and walked to her bed, the slight welling her eyes giving way and a single tear slid down the smooth, right side of her face. She instinctually lifted her finger to wipe it away but then left it, allowing it to roll itself out until the tension on the drops surface would let it move any further. She laid her head down, and within a minute was fast asleep.

The next day as the three of them stood just outside the tower by the road that lead to Heartlund Kali looked at them. Tanjee spoke of her hospitality and Kali gave her crooked smile once again, “Far be it form me to miss an opportunity, right?”

Tanjee would immediately know she was referring to their conversation about Trystan, and her cheeks went slightly flush. Kali turned to Keatara and spoke, “I have mixed this supplement for you. It contains the herbs that we used in the salve, but it is in a dry format. I would advise you mix it like tea and drink a couple goblets a day until it is gone. I remember Ceridwyn doing this for me, so I am certain the technique is worthy of practicing.”

As Tanjee said her good bye Kali nodded, when Tanjee half turned, hesitated, and then came back to hug Kali, she did not resist. She felt the depth of that hug, a real hug, the hug of a friend, and her ear perked as Tanjee whispered a traditional Elven farewell into her ear. Kali did not respond, but as they leaned back from one another she spoke, “I don’t know if I will laugh, but I certainly linger on the memories of your company.”

She looked at Keatara once again and with a nod she vanished from sight, disappearing into her tower.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Tanjee was more than grateful to Kali for her time and her words. Already she could hear the sound of shouts of alarm coming from Heartlund battlements. The night was one she would never forget and as the cool, crisp day greeted her, she took a deep breath and turned to look at Tara then turned and started making her way towards Heartlund.
They didn’t get too far in their steps when Tanjee’s ears heard the familiar sound of hooves pounding the earth and the snorts of charging horses. She looked over at Tara and grinned.

”Be ready, Tara. Your Knight in Shining Armor is on his way to retrieve his Lady.”

She saw how Tara’s cheeks colored but she also saw how her eyes turned to look down the road ahead and search the horizon. The distinctive cloud of dust that rose up on the other side of the hill was a tell tale sign they were near. And sure enough, the first set of horses crested the hill and came charging down towards the women. Gideon was in the lead and when he saw Tara, his eyes were glued to her. Already he was assessing her condition, fearful of the worst. As he pulled his war horse to a sliding halt, he was off the saddle even before the animal was had come to a complete stop. Without hesitation he closed the distance between himself and Tara and took her in his arms, placing a searing kiss to her lips.

Tanjee lifted a delicate brow as she watched the exchange and grinned slightly.

”Well….hello to you too, Sir Gideon. Yes. I am very well. Thank you for asking.”

She was hoping for a sign of Trystan but with all the dust and fray of the horses, she had yet to see him. Was that why she felt as though there were butterfly’s in her stomach? Or was she still uncertain of what it would be like knowing he was aware she had feelings for him now? Maybe he would forget about that particular piece of information since he was whisked away so quickly thereafter. So why did that thought make her feel disappointed?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Sirtrystan

As the watch rang alarms that two figures were on the road between the city and the Black Tower, Gideon and Trystan were off like a shot along with a contingency of Knights and soldiers. The encounter Sir Gideon and Sir Trystan had with the forces of the Dark Queen north of Daggershire only a few days in the past, Lady Rose had put the forces in Heartlund on elevated alert, and even though the guard knew who the two ladies on the road were they still sounded the full alarm as a matter of protocol.

Gideon outpaced Trystan by 40 meters by the time they got to Tanjee and Keatara, and as he slid form his horse and embraced Keatara Trystan came up behind, bringing his horse to a little bit more of a graceful, controlled stop. He dismounted and his armor shivered against itself as he walked up to Tanjee who turned to face him. He looked her over and spoke, “I uh… well I guess I need to apologize, she’s a hot head, I should have known better than to antagonize her, I was … well it doesn’t really mater what I was.”

He looked at Keatara and finally realized that he was just now taking in that she was doing much, MUCH better than when they had arrived at the tower. He internalized his feelings as he felt somewhat ashamed that he did not check on Keatara’s well being first, it was she after all who was injured when they went to Kali’s tower… he swallowed the thoughts that the only person he really thought about while he was in Heartlund, was Tanjee. Turning back to look at Tanjee he spoke, “Well, despite what happened, Tara is doing much better… I suppose in the end we can rest in that. Even though Kali’s heart is cold and resistant to outsiders, she found it within her to help someone other than herself.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Tanjee looked over at Trystan when he approached and she felt her heart flip in her chest.  Each time she saw him she grew nervous as though she were a young girl again.  His armor seemed especially brighter today than the last time she saw him.  Of course it was rather grimy with blood and ichor from the battle with the wizards.

He seemed nervous as well and as he talked to her, she felt a small smile tug at the corner of her lips.  At least until he said his last few words.  Her forming smile dropped completely and she she looked over at Trystan still forming her words. Before she could speak, she heard Gideon speak up finally now that he had released Tara.

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Gideon2

Gideon released Tara long enough to look over at Tanjee with slightly colored cheeks.

"Forgive me, M'Lady.  I didn't mean to ignore you.  It's just that I....well....I was concerned for Tara.  I was worried when I saw her injury the last time I saw her.  And when I heard Sir Trystan had suddenly appeared without her...without both of you knowing where he had taken you both.....I'm afraid my imagination got the best, or worst of me.  I'm glad to see both of you alive and well.  And that Tara is fairing much better than I would have expected.  All things considered."

Tanjee felt her hands curling into fists and she wanted to scream at both men.  They had no clue who Kali really was.  That angered her.  Especially from Trystan.  He had been in love with her at one time.  If anyone, he should know what she was really like.  Regardless of the choices she has made, as Tanjee realized these past few hours, Kali is a woman who does have a heart and it wasn't cold.  No matter what sort of mask she wore.  She looked over at Gideon and Tara.

"We had best get Tara back into the keep.  She has improved a great deal but the spell that was cast on her is not to be taken lightly.  Kali has given her the herbs she needs to make sure her healing continues, even after the help she gave to save Tara's life."

As she spoke those last words, she looked right at Trystan.  Gone was the usual lightheartedness she always seemed to have in her voice.  She was all business now.  Perhaps even more so.

Gideon nodded and turned to Tara.

"Come.  I will escort you back to the keep.  I promise I will take it slow and easy to make sure you don't get jarred.  My horse is large and ominous looking but he is gentle when he needs to be."

Tanjee looked over at Tara and smiled, nodding.

"Go ahead. I will walk back.  I am not in any harms way here."

Gideon helped Tara up onto the horse positioning her in front of him to ensure she could rest against him.  Once he situated himself in the saddle, she took the reins on either side of Tara making sure his arms held her close then nodded to Trystan.

"By your leave, sir."

When Trystan nodded his approval, Gideon and half of the men rode off while the other half waited for instructions from Trystan.  Tanjee looked back up at Trystan and shook her head before she started walking, at a brisk pace, towards Heartlund.  It was odd that a child of the woods left a footprint to follow.  Not only was she leaving them to follow but they were clearly showing up in the dry dirt beneath her.  As she walked away she began mumbling to herself in her native Elven language.  If Trystan could have understood her, he would have blushed.

All Tanjee could think about as she walked away was how conflicted she was right now.  There was no doubt her feelings for Trystan ran deeper than she realized.  It was confirmed when she saw him come up behind Gideon.  But he was still narrow minded when wit came to Kali.  Then again, she had been as well.  And no doubt still would be if she had not spent that time with the Archmage.  But she HAD spent time with her and because of that, she now counted Kali as part of her circle of friends.  A circle that was not easy to get into.  A circle that Trystan had gotten into and not only had he gotten into it but he had found a way to the deepest part of her.  She whirled around and yelled at him then.

"How could I let you do that?!"

She registered the bewildered look on Trystan's face as he looked at her, shared a glance with the other Knights then then looked back at her.  Now she was clearly frustrated with herself and she threw her arms up in the air and turned to stomp away.  What was she doing?  She wasn't making sense.  Was this what having feelings for someone did to you?  Surely she was losing her mind now that she had lost her heart too.

She stopped then.  So quickly that her blue, velvet cloak seemed to want to still keep going.  Se stood there staring straight ahead but not seeing a thing.  She admitted it to herself.  She HAD lost her heart to him.  So why did that scare her to death now?  What was she going to do?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Trystan noted the instant look on Tanjee’s face as she mentioned Kali being the one who saved Keatara, it was unmistakable and as chilled as the air they were standing in. He bit his lip slightly as she turned to say goodbye to Tara and Gideon. As he nodded to Gideon and the first squad left with him he took a step to go speak to Tanjee, but she still had a very disapproving look on her face, shook her head and began walking away. He could not make out what she was mumbling but the inflections in her voice suggested that whatever she was saying was not words he necessarily wanted to hear.

His men looked at him and were shifting uneasily in their saddles, all wishing they were somewhere else than witnessing the silent exchanges between Tanjee and himself. He noted quickly that her footsteps were leaving prints, and though on another occasion it would have fascinated him right now it just added to the confusion. Suddenly she spun, yelled and then threw her arms in the air, spinning and began stomping away. Trystan turned to his men and spoke, “Ummm… clearly there is a situation I have to deal with.”

His men looked at him in bewilderment, Trystan’s face showing it most of all, “Take a swing to the north than around the south, rounding the tower at two kilometers, then swing back to Heartlund and grab some chow.”

The men nodded and in haste dug their heels into their war horses and moved out, happy to be leaving the awkwardness of being near and angry she elf behind them. Trystan turned after he was sure they were on their way and he began to make haste towards Tanjee who was covering ground quickly. He was getting close when finally she stopped dead in her tracks and simply stared towards Heartlund. He come up behind her and waited a moment before finally breaking the silence, “Ummm, Tanjee? Clearly something is wrong… I’d like to figure out exactly what it is you let me do.”

As she turned to look at him she would see a look of quiet patience on his face, clearly he was confused, but there was sincerity in his eyes to hear what she had to say.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Color_10Tara smiled at Kali, grateful to her for saving her life. "Ye'er true beauty is still there, Kali....whether ye like it or not...tis there", she whispered to the mage. "Thank ye for saving my life....ye will always be welcome at me hearth." She turned to wait for Tanjee, watching Kali disappear, her mind whirling with everything she remembered hearing about herself.

It wasn't long before they were within sight of Heartlund and she smiled at Tanjee's words about Gideon looking for him on the horizon. Then her face broke into a huge smile as she saw him...he was racing towards her and she turned to Tanjee to squeeze her hand. Before he got to her, she whispered into Tanjee's ear, "I need to speak with you as soon as possible, my friend." Then she was in Gideon's arms and getting kissed soundly and passionately. Her breath left her as she found herself wrapping her own arms around him, returning his kiss. She was blushing when the kiss ended, smiling at him. She blushed again when she looked at Tanjee, realizing that they'd both forgotten she was even there.

When he spoke of his horse, she grinned, her hand lifting to stroke it's magnificent neck before she was gently lifted into the saddle and Gideon swung up behind her. She was already tiring, leaning back against Gideon, feeling his strong arms around her. Again, what she'd heard came back to her as she closed her eyes. Was she truly one quarter Northern Wood Elf? Was she the daughter of the prince of the Northern Wood Elves? That would mean that the people she'd grown up knowing as her parents weren't her parents. A soft cry escaped her before she could stop it and she felt Gideon tighten his arms around her. Who was she? What was she? She would talk to Tanjee....if anyone would know it would be her best friend. Right now, she pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind and just relished being back in Gideon's arms.

Once they were back at her small cabin, she smiled at the children who had all come to greet her. They were laughing and carrying on as she made sure to pay each one attention, greeting them. When Gideon saw that she was tiring even further, he gently put a stop to the children's enthusiasm and picked Tara up, cradling her in his arms as he carried her into her little cabin.

James sat in his cell, his wound having been stitched up. He wondered how he was going to get back into Tara's good graces as he sat there. He also thought about Tynen and what he was going to do next. He couldn't stop a smile as he thought back to Tara and Tynen's promise that she would be his.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Tanjee stood looking at Heartlund for a long moment before she let her eyes drift to Trystan.  She could see his confusion it just like every other time she looked at him, there was a sincere effort to try and understand as well.  His blue eyes seemed to penetrate to her soul and she finally took a deep breath.

"Walk with me for a bit, will you?"

She saw him nod and as he gathered up the reins of his horse to let it walk behind him, he walked beside her as she slowed her pace and left little evidence of her steps in the dirt once more.  Her gloved hands seemed to toy with the intricate silver thread at the opening of her cloak as she walked.  Her voice that had been on the verge of harsh just moments ago was now soft and gentle.  She started walking towards the south heading for the trees the Silvanisti used as homes during the war.

"First off, let me start by apologizing.  I have no doubt you saw me as a woman who was on the verge of losing her mind.  But over the past few hours, I got to know Kali on a level not many do.  A level I am certain you knew at one time.  A level that no matter what she would never harm another being without just cause."

She cast her eyes up to his for a moment and saw the truth her words had touched.

"Like my brother, it is difficult to get to know me.  Many know who I am and what I do, but not many really know who I am.  Kali is much like that but when she does let you see into who she is, you find that she is no different than any other woman walking Krynn.  Rather she is human or Elven.  We both learned we are more alike than we are different and when you realize that about someone, you begin to see the, in another way."

She looked up at Trystan and noticed he was paying very closer attention to her.

"I also found out something else while I was with her.  Something that both tightens me and makes me happy all at the same time.  It frightens me because for the first time, I realize there is something I cannot explain yet know it is as true as the rain falling from the sky.  I am frightened because I do not wish destroy something that is already precious to me nor do I wish to cause distractions.  Yet as Kali explained, it cannot be helped."

As they reached the trees she finally stopped walking and turned to look at Trystan.  The cool air had done a world of old allowing her to focus on her words instead of her emotions.  She slowly removed the gloves for her hands and she tucked them into the wide belt at her waist.  Taking a small step towards  Trystan, she reached her left hand up towards his face.  For a brief moment, she hesitated then finally touched his cool, pink cheek with her warm fingers.

"These past few months here at Heartlund have been so rewarding for me.  They have done nothing more but prove to me how important my calling to my Goddess really is and that I can make a difference where ever I go."

She slowly lowered her hand.

"But these past few months have also given me something else that is more precious to me than almost anything on Krynn.  You."

Tanjee let the word linger in the air for a moment as she watched his face and eyes for his reaction.  She could see his pupils constrict and dilate as he soaked in her words.

"To leave here knowing you are not traveling with me is the hardest thing I ever have to do.  Time slows to a snails pace until I return and then it flys past like the robin in Spring.  We have devoted our lives to  a calling and I am honored to answer that call, but to think I would have to leave here, to leave you to do it, makes me sadder than you could imagine.  Or to know you will be placed in harms way as you battle whatever enemy it is you are battling frightens me to no end.  What if I am too late when I reach you?  It is my worst nightmare yet I am powerless to stop you from leaving just as it know I must leave here when I am called upon for my gift."

She needed to control her emotions or she would never be able to get through what she needed to say.  Taking several deep breaths, Tanjee looked out at the land and then back to Heartlund before her eyes drifted to Trystan's once more.

"I do not say these things to you to distract you from your duties.  I say them simply because I am here with you now and I do not know when or if I will have the opportunity to say them ever again to you.  Or if I would ever have the nerve to say them again.  But I am saying them now so that you will know and what you choose to do with this truth is completely up to you."_

She looked away a moment before she looked back up into his eyes.

"My feelings for you go deeper than mere friendship, Trystan.  They go deep into the very heart of me.  So that is what I have allowed you to do.  And for that, I could never be angry.  I am frightened and uncertain but I could never be angry at you for it."

She stepped back and took a deep breath.  Now that she had said the words, she felt as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.  As she stood there looking up into his face and eyes, she hoped she had not just made a fool of herself.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 am

Trystan walked and listened without saying a word. As they reached the woods Trystan could not help but smile as Tanjee talked, but to say he was stunned was an understatement. It was true, he had been curious about her feelings for him, but despite little occasions of playful banter he had not been sure how she felt. This outpouring of confession however, there was no denying how she felt, it was laid out before him, as plain as day.

As she finished, took a deep breath and stepped back, Trystan immediately stepped forward so as to keep the distance between them close, then he stepped again, putting his arm around the small of her back and gently placing his hand over her spin. He looked down at her and spoke, “I am have a history of messing up relationships, unfortunately it seems to be a talent of mine. What I have learned however, is how to avoid those mistakes that can cause things to unravel.”

He put the slightest bit of pressure on her back to bring her even a little closer, “Truly, we have been called to purpose, more than the average person, but the gods we serve are married. They share love and companionship, and there is no written word that says we are not to do otherwise.”

He smiled softly and continued, “I know I am putting the cart before the horse, speaking of marriage, however though I have made a cart wreck of other relationships, I have felt for a long time that you are the right woman for me, I just … well I didn’t know how you felt, at least not for certain, and to be honest I didn’t want to mess up what we already have. It won’t be easy, I know this, but if you are willing to step into it, I am as well, and have been for a long time.”

He could see the look in her shimmering eyes, and he smiled softly as he again applied pressure to the small of her back, just enough so their bellies were now touching. He began to lean his head towards hers and could feel her rise up on her tip-toes. Her breath was warm and sweet, and he ached as the milliseconds were fleeting rapidly while the gap between them closed. As warm, moist flesh touched warm moist flesh, and their breath exchanged in a first kiss, Trystan could feel the restraint on his heart release, and for the first time in a long time, he felt truly alive.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Gideon2

Gideon settled Tara down on the bed and made sure she was comfortable. He looked out of place in his armor within the confines of the little cabin. While he was not an overly large man, he was larger than Tara and his armor made him seem all the more bigger. He could see the fatigue on her face as he knelt down beside her taking her hand in his.

”Do you need anything, Tara? I have to report back to duty but Sir Trystan has given me permission to stop in and check on you from time to time during my rounds.”

He reached up and moved a stray strand of hair from her face before letting his fingertips ease down her cheek.

”I thought I lost you. When I saw you lying there on the ground, I felt my heart stop beating and an icy chill run the length of my spine. I don’t ever want to feel that again.”

He brought her hand to his lips and kissed the back of her fingers gently before bringing her fingers to his cheek.

”I missed you so much and to return to see what was happening with you in the middle of it all….it’s a good thing I arrived when I did. We wouldn’t have if we left later in the than we did to return to Heartlund. Thank Paladin he nudged me onward instead of waiting.”

He again brought her fingers to his lips as he kissed them gently.

”And when Sir Trystan returned without you and Tanjee….I was about to charge the tower myself if it hadn’t been for his order for me to stand down. I’m just glad she did nothing to you and you are safe once more.”

Tanjee felt a tingling sensation when Trystan’s lips met hers. She had been kissed by others before but they were fleeting at best. This kiss, though, held within it a promise and the depth of love was almost overwhelming. Her hands rested gently on the breast plate of his armor as she gladly returned his kiss. When they finally broke, she eased back down to the flat of her feet and looked up to him with flushed cheeks.

”Marriage? Oh my….I was not thinking that far ahead but I am certainly not going to let that be a deal breaker for me. We shall take this one day at a time and with each day we are given together, I shall treasure it. And you.”

She smiled up at him and the look in her eyes was a mixture of mischief and sincerity. No doubt the Tanjee he had known all along was still there and the only thing that had truly changed about her was now her feelings for him were revealed and he shared those feelings with her.

”I believe you are on duty, Sir Knight. So to keep you in line with your duties, you need to make sure you check in with your men who will be coming upon us within the next few candle ticks.”

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Color_10Tara smiled at Gideon, blushing when he kept kissing the backs of her fingers, her heart swelling at his words. She reached up to stroke his cheek her eyes shining with her love for him.

"Kali is very misunderstood, my love.....and I am very grateful, for if it hadn't been for her I would not be here now", she said with a yawn, her eyes growing heavy. "Tynen was there, Gideon", she said in a tired voice, her eyes closing. "He said something to James about me and I heard James later say it to yeself." She was so sleepy....she was trying to stay awake but it was becoming difficult. "Who am I, Gideon? What am I?", she asked him before she drifted off into sleep, her body still healing from the 'rot' and the fight it had gone through to keep her alive.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 3gafcx10Tynen was back at his camp, sitting alone in his spacious tent. He'd ordered his men to leave him be already having attacked two of his men just for them stepping in front of him. He'd rendered both unconscious and they were now being treated for multiple fractures.

Inside his tent, he sat with his head in between his hands, seeing Keatara writhing on the ground in agony from Tierza's poison. His black heart was beginning to crack, slowly but the minute cracks were there. "Ahhh, me little Tara...are ye alive or did that witch's poison take ye from me? Did ye hear my words? Did ye understand them? Ye are one of the few left of ye'er race, even at one-quarter." He was speaking to himself, quietly so that no one heard him and thought him crazy on top of cold. His father had sworn him to secrecy when he found out that Tynen had overheard his aunt before she'd died. He'd told him that Keatara was special and would need him greatly as she got older.

Tynen looked up at the ceiling of his tent, wondering what it was he was going to do now.

James bided his time, waiting. He was placing his bets on Tara and the fact that she wouldn't believe that he had been trying to hurt her. If he could just get out of his cell....get to her. He could plead his case to her. The fact that Tynen had injured him seemed to have worked as he remembered her concern for him. He smiled...soon....soon she would be his.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Gideon5

Gideon stayed with Tara until he was certain she was sleeping peacefully.  He left her quietly after pressing his lips to hers.  He slipped out of her cabin and mounted his horse then headed straight for the stockade.  Answers needed to be given and he knew where he would start.

Entering wih a purposeful stride, he surprised the guards when he made a bee line directly for James’ cell.  It had done him a world of good placing the man behind bars and taking away his freedom but now after seeing Tara, he wanted to smash his face in.  If it were not for the restraint of his training, he most likely would have, however, given his commander was an honorable man and Gideon didn’t want to do anything to make Trystan look bad, he made sure the cell door remained locked.  He slowed his pace as he approached, studying the man closely for a moment before walking closer and letting his presence be known.

”For someone who is locked up you seem to be rather pleased with yourself.  Considering the smile on your face and what not.”

Gideon saw James look up at him but made no move to stand as of yet.

”You know, James, there has always been something about you that I didn’t like.  And not just that you were Tara’s friend.  And let me be perfectly clear here, you are no more than a friend to her.  But not for much longer.  She will see you for what you really are.  Just like I have.  Just like others around here have.  There are things you do when you think no one else is watching that I have to question.  For instance….the exchange between you and Tynen….what was that all about?  It looked to me as though you two knew each other.  At least the recognition in your eyes said so.”

He stepped closer, slowly and lowered his voice.  The look in his eyes turned dark and his voice had lost its usual warmth and now it was as cold as the winds that blew over the Khalkist Mountains in winter.  

”I haven’t gotten to the bottom of this yet, James, but you can bet your last breath I will.  And when I find what I suspect is the truth, and I am quite confident it will be, I will love nothing more than to run my sword through your black heart.  Slowly.  Painfully.  And see the pain in your eyes as your lifes blood seeps out onto the ground.  Then you will know the true pain you have caused Tara but it will be the last thing you will ever feel.  And I will know you left this miserable life of yours in the most horrible way you could imagine.”

Gideon took a slow breath.

”On this I give you my word and my word is my life.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Trystan exhaled softly as the warmth of her lips lingered even as he pulled away. He smiled softly and spoke, "They are not returning fair one, they are to circle in a patrol and then head to the mess for a meal."

He smiled and reached up, brushing her cheek gently with his finger as he brought his hand down and took her own, palm to palm. He grabbed his horses reigns again and the two of them started walking back towards the city of Heartlund. He turned and looked at her after those first few steps and spoke, "I apologize for riling you up. I know that deep down Kali means nobody here harm, in fact I should remember to be more grateful to her."

Tanjee looked at him curiously and he gestured to the shield hanging off his horses saddle, "She enchanted that shield somehow, right before she left. In hindsight I know why, I am ashamed that at the time, when I watched her walk into the warding I felt betrayed, angry, hurt... all those things when you feel that someone has turned on you. Of course we can always look back and adjust our way of thinking after we see the light come to the situation, but even when I went to Glen Durel to apologize to her, she wanted nothing to do with me."

He looked at the tower and spoke, "She claims she can't see the future, but there is part of me the questions that stance. This shield can rebound magic, any magic, I have used it to do so more times than I can count on both hands. Before I met Kali, I never once faced anything even remotely close to a magic user. Now, it happens all the time, and it's not like wizards are just popping out of the ground and there's more of them. It's like... like she KNEW I needed this kind of protection, and it was the last thing she gave to me before she left, protection from magic, protection from..." he stopped and looked back at Tanjee, "Protection from her."

The last three words were said almost in realization, as if he was still putting pieces of the puzzle together, in a manner that maybe she knew they would never be together again. He smiled at Tanjee and spoke, "Anyway... I say that half to apologize and half to explain myself I guess. Not learning from my mistakes as fast as I should I guess."

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Tanjee glanced down at their hands when Trystan took a hold of hers and held it.  A smile eased over her features as well.  It just felt....right.  When he stopped to apologize to her, she felt her cheeks grow warm.

"I believe it is I who owes you the apology, Trystan.  I must have looked like some sort of crazy woman, especially to your men."

As she mentioned his men, they came around and signaled to him letting him know everything was good and then headed back the city to get their food as ordered.  She again felt her cheeks grow warm as it was going to be public knowledge of what she did and now the fact they were seen holding hands and walking together.  Not that she minded but still.

As he spoke of Kali and what she did tot the shield, a smiled eased over her features again and she looked up at him as she turned to face him.  She reached out and touched his breast plate where his heart beat beneath it.

"She knows your heart and she knows you would put yourself in harms way even if it was placing you face to face with her in battle.  She loves you enough to protect you from herself."

She turned and starting walking with him hand in hand.

"Kali is many things but I do not believe she is a Seer.  Intuitive, yes.  And a very good understanding of herself and the world she now lives in.  I think she knows she has a way of reacting harshly to certain things and in an effort to protect you from those lash outs, she gave you the one thing she knew would protect you against herself and in doing so made it something to protect you from others who would wield magic in an effort to destroy you."

The warmth of his hand enveloped her own and her fingers gently curled around the outside edge of his palm.

"I am grateful to her for that.  When I saw the shield deflect the spells the wizards threw at you, I felt my heart stop beating for a fleeting moment.  I thought.....well...I thought the worst was getting ready to happen and I was frozen to the ground.  Paralyzed with fear so bad that I could not move.  It was not until I saw your injured and dying men that I was able to pull myself from that fear and do wha had to be done."

She looked up at him as they walked, her eyes held his for a moment and the fear she felt from the battle and seeing him fight the wizards was still very fresh in her gaze.  She blinked the fear back and gave a smile.

"I owe Kali another debt for that."

She looked towards Heartlund then.

"So now what?  This....brother of Tara's is still on the loose.  And James....I still do jot know what to make of him.  There is something not good with him yet I am unable to place my finger upon it.  And then there is that she devil that attacked us.  She went from small child to grown woman Jin a matter of a few seconds.  That woman is extremely crafty....and that makes her even more dangerous to deal with.  But.....she was injured, correct?  If that is the case then it is possible she could have died.  But if she did not....."

Tanjee didn't complete the sentence for she knew Trystan was well aware of what that meant.  She looked up into his handsome face once again and held his gaze as they continued to walk towards Heartlund.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:40 pm

James kept smiling at Gideon, the whole time he spoke, his eyes never leaving his.  Once he was finished speaking, James rose from the threadbare cot he'd been sitting on and approached the knight, making sure to stay out of his reach.

"Poor Sir Knight", he spoke in a low voice, "Isn't it enough that Tara lives?  But of course not.  You failed to keep her safe, didn't you?  Do you know what she is?  I know that she doesn't......but her beloved brother does.  She is the last of the Kilonosti.....the first elves to walk the land."  He leaned in further, relishing in Gideon's startled look.  "Poor Tara.....Tynen isn't her brother.....and she is to be given to me.  But.....she thinks of me as a replacement to Tynen.  Does she know that I am in here?  Does she know that her love imprisoned me?  How do you think she'd feel to know that the man she loves can't stand the man she looks upon as a brother?"  He saw that his words affected Gideon and he smiled wider.  He returned to his cot, sitting down as he looked at the knight.  "What will you tell her, Sir Knight?  And we both know that she will ask.....where she came from.  Will you be the one to tell her that the beloved father and mother who raised her weren't her parents at all but her aunt and uncle?  Nay, Knight.....she will come to me to have her questions answered and I will be here with warm and open arms for her.  She will defend me....against you if need be."  

His speech ended, he leaned back against the dank wall, crossing his legs in front of him as if he wasn't even in the cell.  His face was calm and almost happy as he looked at Gideon.  "You may go now....but know that soon.....Tara will come to me for answers."  

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Color_10

Tara woke, rubbing her eyes as she looked around her small cabin.  She smiled, seeing that everything was as she'd left it.  The children had even kept the flowers she loved so much fresh in the vase on her small table.  She rose slowly, finding that she was still somewhat wobbly.  Her stomach growled, reminding her that she'd not eaten yet.   She stepped outside into the late afternoon sun, taking in a deep breath and smiling.  She looked over at the sounds of the children and saw them practicing their swordplay, the eldest boy Lance, having taken over in her absence.  She smiled at him when he looked her way, the fourteen year old taking his role very seriously.  The children stopped upon seeing her up and about and ran to her, the practice forgotten.

"TARA!!  TARA!!!  YOU'RE UP!!!!", she heard in unison from the children, all of them grinning at her, making her mouth hurt from smiling so big.  She heard Lance's voice cautioning the youngsters to keep from knocking her down and they were all gentle with her, chattering at the same time.  She laughed, "Aye....I be up.  And happy to see all of you.  Lance...ye've done a wonderful job with them.  I am very proud of you."

Lance blushed, shuffling his feet. "Twas the least I could do, Miss Tara."  

The children began asking her what she needed and she didn't hesitate to tell them.  "I need water...and I be needing to restock me cabinets.  They seem to be bare of foodstuffs and I fear that I be hungry at this time."  That was all she had to say and before she got out the last words, the children were off to their various homes to collect what they could from their parents as well as the small stalls around Heartlund.  Lance and another boy stayed behind to gather her water and when she began to protest, it was Lance who spoke.  "Miss Tara.....Sir Gideon would skin us alive if we didn't look out for you", he said with a sheepish grin.

Tara smiled, but said nothing knowing that Gideon would never harm any of the children but he would be cross with them if they didn't give her aid so she kept quiet and allowed the boys to gather what water she needed and refill her water barrel.  Once they were done she asked the one question she'd waited to ask.  "Lance...I not be seeing Curtis.  Is the lad alright?  Are his parents well?"

"Miss Tara.....Curtis is in the healing tent.  He has been since you left.  We don't know what happened, just that he is there."

When she asked the boys to take her to him, they refused, wanting instead to wait for Gideon to return as she was to rest but Tara was determined to see the lad.  As Lance finally agreed to take her, he sent George to find Sir Gideon and tell him what was happening.  Lance had seen Tara when the knight had brought her home and he had enough sense to send his friend to find him, hoping that Gideon would understand how stubborn Tara could be when she set her mind to something, walking with her to the medical tent.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Gideon5

Gideon wanted to smash James’ face in. As he listened to the words drip off the man’s lips he could see those lips busted open and bleeding from the many strikes they suffered from his fists. As composed as Gideon was, he was starting to lose that composure and quickly. It was for this reason alone he was glad he kept the cell door locked and the keys in the hands of the guards. He wouldn’t be able to trust himself.

When James mentioned something about “what” Tara was, his brows furrowed deeply and that darkness in his eyes grew. His face was beginning to redden with the anger he felt at this man who dared to taunt him from behind a closed and locked door. But as much as Gideon wanted to thrash the man within an inch of his life, he remained true to his training. Even as he shook with pent up rage and felt his hands close into tight fists. His voice was as calm as ever when he spoke to James.

”Your time on this land is short, James. I will hold true to my promise and you will fall before your promise to have her is fulfilled. You will die like the vermin you are and I will personally see to it that it will be long and p…”

Before he could finish his sentence a young boy burst in yelling and breathless form running as fast as he could in search of the Knight.

”Sir Gideon! Sir Gideon! It’s Miss Tara….she is up and moving about on her way to see Curtis! She won’t stay put!”

Gideon cursed silently to himself and placed his hand on George’s shoulder giving him a controlled smile.

”Then we will escort her to see him. Meet me outside. I will join you in less than a candles tick.”

George nodded then ran back out. Gideon stood and turned to look at James again.

”We’ll talk again.”

Gideon turned on his heel and headed out of the stockade. The sun was bright and he squinted slightly as he followed the exuberant George as the boy led him in the direction he would find Tara. The whole while he kept playing over James’ words. Tara had Kagonisti blood running through her veins? Gideon didn’t know much about the wild elves other than the stories he had heard about them. If it was true, it would certainly explain a lot of Tara’s stubbornness and her nature.

When he rounded a corner and saw her walking towards the infirmary, he cleared the thoughts from his mind, put a smile on his face for her and intercepted her path of travel, offering her his elbow.

”Might I escort the lovely Lady on her journey?”

His eyes twinkled and his smile grew when he saw the slight coloring of her cheek. He leaned in closer and lowered his voice.

”It’s no secret about us, Tara. The whole city knows you and I are more than just friends. Unless, of course, you are ashamed to be seen with me.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic   Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2: Ch 8 - Black, Magic
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4