Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Empty
PostSubject: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells CeriBanner

As she and the Queen walked through the castle grounds and out into the city center of Silvanost Ceridywn could not help but be completely overwhelmed by the crowds that were gathering. The trees which made up not only their landscape but the very home and dwellings the Elves lived in had been covered in millions of white flowers. From all the branches hundreds of thousands of multicolored ribbons hung and in Ancient Elven was written "Aeolis and Ceridwyn, the gods shine on thee". Though she was very much opposed to all this pomp and circumstance from the beginning there was a small part of her that was suddenly caught up in it. All this had been put into place during her 60 minute conversation with the Queen in the castle. She was absolutely speechless and as she turned to look at the Mistress of the Stars to inquire how she managed to keep such a grand thing a secret the Queen merely acted innocent about the whole thing.

Upon reaching the city center Aeolis came from the crowd of soldiers and greeted Ceridwyn with a kiss, the crowd exploded in cheers and Ceridwyn felt her cheeks go red with the sudden rush of blood to her face. She whispered in Elven, "I must admit, though I was opposed I can not help but be caught in this moment... Silvanost looks absolutely breath taking."

She smiled at Aeolis and felt his arm slip around her, his palm resting gently on the small of her back as they turned towards the dead portal frame that sat in emerald grass. She could feel the pull of magic as the portal flared to life and suddenly Glen Durel came into view through the watery mirror that appeared. Prince Myth'alas appeared, his stoic face a true manifestation of the Elven people as he walked forward and took the hand of his father, and then the symbolic embrace of his mother. Rayann followed and as she smiled at her Ceridwyn smiled back. She desperately wanted to run right up and hug her, however the Royal Family formalities needed to be addressed first. As soon as Rayann was done she came over and the two ladies exchanged strong, warm hugs. It would be obvious by the depth of their embrace that their relationship went well beyond the surface, they truly loved one another as two people who had experienced many of life's laughs as well as hardships.

Rayann spoke to her mind and Ceridwyn responded in the same manner, ~ "Who am I to argue against the will of the Queen my dear friend. I must admit, I am warming to the idea of the decorations, especially after the Queen told me that all Silvanesti will be attending and celebrating." ~

Rayann looked at her with a gushing excitement and Ceridwyn's face for the first time echoed the look back at her. The hugged again and the crowd exploded in cheers.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells OlwaBanner

As Olwa came through the portal and took his place at Myth's side he could already feel the ache in his chest at the thought of not being with Pela all the time. Yes they both had their own duties and obligations around Glen Durel but they managed to "accidentally" end up in certain areas of the castle at the same time. He stood behind the Prince and glanced occasionally at Pela, curling the right side of his lips into a subtle smile. As the Speaker began to address the gathered he listened and could feel Ranewen's eyes on him. He did his best to avoid looking back at her, and he had a great reason, keeping ones eyes on the person speaking, especially the Speaker of the Stars was at it's minimum good manners.

After the Speaker had finished the crowd exploded in cheers once again and the celebrations began. Music began echoing off the trees as hundreds of musicians in perfect unison and harmony in all regions of the city began to play. Olwa never in all his days as an Elf had felt more proud of his heritage. He turned and Myth gave him the usual nod dismissing him and spoke to his protege's mind, "Enjoy the festivities young one, we shall meet at dawn in the training hall for lessons, I will see you then."

Olwa smiled and gave his formal bow to the Prince and the smile of freedom curled his face until he turned to go see Pela and ran right into the chest of his Father, Ky'ly. He looked up into his Father's eyes and stood rigid and true, giving a respectful bow, "Greetings Father, I did not hear you approach."

His Father looked down at him and responded, "An Elf is never heard unless he intends to be, as a Ranger you should know this."

Olwa felt his face flush and he inclined his head again as he responded, "Of course Father, I meant no disrespect."

Ky'ly looked at him and responded, "Of course you didn't. I have come to tell you we are dining with the house of Seregon privately in our home before the main festivities at the castle begin later this evening."

Olwa's face instantly showed his disappointment and his Father spoke, "Clearly this disappoints you, but it does not matter, duties are duties and the entire family being present is necessary. We dine at sunset, your Mother and I will be expecting you."

With that the Elder General of the castle guard turned and disappeared into the crowd. Olwa inhaled deeply and looked up where Pela was, he could not see her. As he scanned the crowd his eyes found Ranewen looking at him with a bright smile.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells NolBanner

Nol and Kellan had decided to fly to Silvanost instead of take any magical portals. They had set out at noon and knew that with four hours of casual paced flight they would be in Silvanost. It had been a long time since they could fly without the intention of training or being diplomats or any other dozen of requirements they might face. All they had to do was get to a three day festival.

Nol saw the treetops of the Silvanesti lands approaching and he spoke to Kellan's mind, ~ Silvanesti ahead my moon and stars.~ He then tipped his wing slightly, it was a game, she knew it well and knew she always lost. As a rider her natural reaction to a sudden tipping movement was to squeeze her thighs to maintain her balance, a sensation he loved, as any man would. As she squeezed his sides yet again she instantly swatted him on the back of the neck and screamed into the wind, "YOU!"

Nol laughed and spoke, "So feisty my lady is... perhaps a full roll to ease the fires of your belly!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Color_10Keatara was in awe. Her green eyes tried to take everything in, but it left her mind in a whirlwind of sights and sensations. She was smiling....who could not smile at the beauty of the place and the people. She would look at Tanjee every so often, smiling at her. She thought of Gideon and wondered if he'd been invited or not.

"Tanjee.....will Gideon be here as well?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:50 am

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells RayannRed

Rayann saw the look on her friends face and in her blue eyes and knew that while Ceri was trying hard to be modest about all of this, deep down she could not help but start o accept – and enjoy – what was going to take place. Rayann had not seen the Elven City looking so beautiful and for a moment she didn’t think that was possible but the more she looked around, the more she discovered she was mistaken. As she heard Ceri’s voice in her mind, Rayann felt tears mist her eyes and she linked them back. She was so happy for her friend that she was finding it difficult to contain her emotions. Even the voice Ceri heard in her mind was filled with barely contained emoton.

~If there is nothing else I have learned, it is the fact the Queen has a way about her that makes it almost impossible to deny her wishes. And I have to say, she has outdone herself with these celebrations. I’m so happy for you Ceri.~

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Pela

Before she stepped through the portal to Silvanost, Pela gave Olwa’s hand one last, tender squeeze before her cool fingers settled at her sides. What she saw as the Elven city came into view was nothing less than breathtaking. The beauty of the city was far more so as the flowers and decorations were set in place for the wedding. Her light blue eyes drifted all around once she stepped through before she settled slightly behind Rayann.

Stealing glances at Olwa she saw the way the right side of his mouth would barely curl upwards when he glanced at her. AS the Speaker began talking, she forced herself to focus her attention on him and nothing else. Olwa had done his best to school her in the ways of proper etiquette when it came to being around the royalty of the Elves and she certainly didn’t want to disappoint him or her Master and Mistress by being rude.

As the cheers erupted after the Speakers speech, Pela moved to be closer with Olwa when a tide of well wishers washed past her to reach Ceri and Aeolis as well as pay their respects to Myth’Alas and Rayann. When Pela saw Olwa’s father suddenly step before his son, she felt her heart jump to her throat. As she moved from side to side catching glimpses of Olwa’s face, she could see the disappointment clearly on his features and knew whatever his father had told him was not good.

Something tugged at her and she dared to glance at Ranewen who was standing just slightly forward of Pela and by the bright smile that was plastered on the Elfess’ face, Pela could only imagine what the conversation Olwa just had with his father was all about.

Her spirits suddenly deflated, Pela merely took small steps backwards until she was completely obscured by the people crowding around her. Turning, she walked away from the happy faces and walked through the city until she came to the small garden Olwa had shown her the last time she was here. Water pooled naturally and the grass around the pool was as soft as anything Pela had ever felt. Slowly sitting down at the edge of the pool, she leaned forward, scooped up a handful of water and watched as it instantly froze. No magic spell, no whispered words. It was just an outward reaction to how she felt inwardly. Slowly lowering her hand she turned her palm over and let the ice drop to the ground where it started to melt.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells ElfGirl

Ranewen glanced over her shoulder and saw Pela shrinking away and her smile was one of victory. She turned to see Olwa looking at her and she walked up to him.

”It looks as though you and I will be seeing quite a bit of each other, Olwa. If you will excuse me, I must go and prepare for our dinner together. See you later at your parents.”

Turning, Ranewen was greeted by her parents. Her father gave Olwa a nod as his wife and daughter walked along, arm in arm, talking about later tonight as their voices faded into the celebrating that was going on all around Olwa.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells KellanBanner

It seemed like it had been ages since Kellan and Nol had been given the luxury of sailing on the wind currents as opposed to all out flight. It was a welcome break for both of them. Kellan wore her leather armor to help protect her from the cooler air at the higher altitudes and it was liberating to not wear the heavier, silver armor she usually wore.

During the flight she would occasionally reach down and let her gloved fingers ease over Nol’s silver scales. There usually wasn’t much communication between them when they flew like this simply due to the fact they were both at peace with just being with each other without the fear of a threat coming at them. There was nothing but the sound of the air rushing past her, the feel of Nol’s strong muscles beneath her and the opportunity to look at the beauty of Krynn for the air. Something very few people on Krynn are given the privilege to see. And Kellan was one to fully appreciate this special gift she had been given.

As she heard Nol’s voice tell her the Elven city was approaching, she sat up a little straighter and focused on the tree line ahead. As he tipped, causing her to hold tighter with her thighs, she knew exactly what he was doing and swatted him. She couldn’t help but laugh softly at him, though. It was no secret he loved to feel her do that. But when he threatened a full roll, Kellan was not about to back down. With a grin on her face, she leaned forward and held tight to the saddle and spoke just loud enough for him to hear her.

”Try it and see just how hot that fire burns within my belly, my sun and sky.”

To tempt him even more, she squeezed with her legs for a few seconds before she let off the pressure. Her reward was exactly what she asked for. As Nol rolled, the air was filled with Kellan’s laughter and a cry of victory.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Healer

Tanjee looked at her friend and smiled.

”I do not know, Tara.I do know there are a select number of Knights coming on different days to insure all the Knights Ceri and Aeolis fought side by side with get a chance to join in the celebration. But I do not know what day he will be here.”

She saw the mixed emotions on her friends face and took Tara’s hand in hers.

”Do not fret, Tara. He will be here. Sooner or later.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Olwa looked at Ranewen as she spoke, his head felt as fuzzy as if his ears had been stuffed with bee's wax. he could see her mouth moving, the look of victory on her face, the bright twinkle in her beautiful almond shaped eyes. Numbly he nodded and forced a smile as best he could. As she padded off, clear joy in her steps he scanned the crowd again for Pela. She was gone.

He swallowed hard and fought the buzzing noise of the city celebration that was now in full swing. Looking to the trees he saw he had about one hour before sunset and the slavery of being in his parents household. It was nothing unusual that the families were getting together, they did so all the time, but the freedom he was expecting to experience this evening had just been pulled out from beneath him like a fine silk rug and he was angry. His eyes narrowed as he searched the crowd, the familiar white dress that Pela wore was no where to be seen.

He did not know where she had gone, but he had a gut instinct and he followed it. Sure enough, he saw her squatting by the artesian spring in the middle of the small garden he had shown her the last time they were here. He watched her quietly as she let the ice fall to the ground and when she turned enough to see the grief on her face he spoke to her mind, ~ "A'maelamin..." ~

She turned with a start and he knelt beside her as he reached up and took the ice in his palm. It was the first time he had ever used the Elven phrase with her that she heard Rayann and Myth or Ceridwyn and Aeolis exchange. He wasn't 100% sure if she would know what it meant, but he was certain she would know that it was a phrase only spoken between those who truly love one another. He stared at the ice and then lifted it and watched it melt in his palm. Looking up at her he smiled, his face was sad and flush with emotion, "My Father has asked me to dine with them this evening, and Ranewen's family will be there. It is not unusual, they are great, lifelong friends and I am sure they just want to have us all together since their children are home."

He could see the look of sadness in her eyes and he spoke, "A'maelamin, I will think only of you when I am away. I will concentrate on your soft, lily white face, I will smell your perfume on the wind as I eat, and I will return to you as fast as I possibly can... there is no where I would rather be this evening that at your side and I will do my best to return to you as soon as possible." He reached up and gently placed his hand behind her head, drawing her lips to his and kissing her softly, the cold from her lips stung, but he didn't care, he loved the sensation of his bodily warmth crashing with the cold of her own, it was a more unique sensation than he had ever felt. He withdrew and then grabbed her around the waist, pulling her close and hugging her tightly as he whispered in Elven, "Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au'". He could feel her body shutter softly under his, the fear and sadness he was feeling she was feeling too... he whispered again, "I know you only speak some Elvish, I said, "My heart shall weep until it sees thee again."

He could hear her weep softly though he continued to embrace her and he held her tightly beside the soft sound of the bubbling water.

Ceridwyn grabbed Rayann's hand and pulled her towards a small blue vender stand near the edge of the town center. An older Elf looked up and smiled as Ceridwyn approached, he stood and Ceridwyn released Rayann's hand, going to the Elder and hugging him affectionately. Ceridwyn spoke, "Cormamin lindua ele lle, nae saian luume'" (My heart sings to see thee, it has been too long."

Ceridwyn knew that Rayann's knowledge and grasp of the Elvish language was strong now and so she introduced the Elder Elf to her in her native tongue, "Aranel Rayann, sina naa mel' tors'tor, Es'ild" ("Princess Rayann, this is my brothers brother, Es'ild")

The elder Elf straightened as best he could and took the Princess' hand in his own and brought it to his lips, kissing the back of it gently, "Saesa omentien lle Aranel" (Pleasure meeting you Princess)

He nodded softly and turned around, picking up one of the most beautiful silk scarves that Rayann had ever seen, it was so ornately woven it was impossible to see a single loop out of place and the colors were so vibrant the fabric seemed to be a living thing more than a scarf. He declined his head and offered it towards the Princess, Rayann turned and looked at Ceridwyn who spoke to her friends mind, ~ "He intends for you to have it, a gift to his Princess and future Mistress of the Stars." ~ Ceridwyn could tell by Rayann's body language that she was about to refuse and insist that no gifts were necessary but Ceridwyn spoke to her mind again, ~ "It is an Elvish custom, to refuse would be to say his family was not worthy of audience with the Elvish court of Royalty." ~

Nol laughed wholeheartedly as Kellan laughed under his antics and the rest of their flight was filled with their speaking to one another in preparation. The city came into view shortly after crossing over the forest canopy and Nol spoke, "Never have I seen the city so decorated... truly they are pulling out the stops to unite Aeolis and Lady Ceridwyn. A worthy couple to receive such high honors."

He circled wide and wove his way down through the canopy, landing just outside the gate. The guard were startled at first but when they saw who it was they relaxed and the Captain of the gate guard walked out to greet them. As Kellan slid from Nol's back and Nol took his Elven form the Captain bowed and spoke in common, "It is a pleasure to have you here Nol'lore and Lady Kellan. I have been instructed by Prince Myth'alas himself to see you to the festivities."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Pela had never really cried much in her life. Not as a child. Not as Bad Rock’s daughter and certainly not in front of others. The whole concept of crying was still rather foreign to her yet she knew what it was all about. She just didn’t like it. But as she heard Olwa talking to her, she heard the anguish in his voice at being forced to go to his parents home and endure a dinner with them AND Ranewen and her parents as well.

It was at that precise moment she realized what her feelings for Olwa was. Ceridwyn told her when a person cries or laughs or feels bad simply because you know the other person feels that way, you are truly connected in a way that can only be described as love. And Pela knew she loved Olwa without a doubt now. And it was heartbreaking.

The word he said to her in her mind was a word she heard used as an endearment many times but the exact significance of it was not lost to her. Coupled with the words he said to her, she knew he felt the same about her.

His kiss was both needful and giving at the same time and Pela couldn’t hold her emotions back any longer. When Olwa drew her in and held her tight against his frame, she felt the first gentle sobs rack her very being. It was bittersweet for her. The release of this emotion was liberating and yet somehow it felt suffocating at the same time. Only because she felt as though something ominous drifted on the air tonight that had nothing to do with the wedding about to take place.

After a few, silent moments between them, Pela finally felt as though she could raise her head to look into Olwa’s eyes. Sniffing softly and wiping the moisture from her cheeks, she lifted her head and let her blue eyes lock with his and she took a shuddering intake of breath then let it out slowly.

”My heart too shall weep, Olwa. And I shall count the minutes until we are once more together.”

Her cool, trembling hand reached up and touched his flushed cheek then she leaned in and pressed her cool lips to his in a similar fashion as he had previously. Her kiss lingered for a slight bit longer before she finally, reluctantly broke it and stood there looking at him again..

”I shall be waiting for you here. I must go and make sure I am not needed for anything else and I want to wish Ceridwyn and Aeolis well on their marriage but then I shall return here to where it is quiet and wait for you.”

Her hands had reached around his neck and she hugged him so tight it almost cut his air off but then she once more reluctantly released him and took a small step back. Her smile was small but it did come from her heart.

”Hurry back as soon as you can, A'maelamin”

The Elder Elf Ceri introduced Rayann to had eyes that reminded Rayann of much wisdom. Like this Elf had been around for many, many years and had gathered such a wealth of knowledge over his lifetime that it was practically brimming over. Yet he lived a humble life. Much like Ceri’s family had, Rayann guessed. But there was something Ceri said that caused Rayann pause.

Ceri introduced the man as ‘her brother’s brother’. Certainly something Ceri had not discussed with Rayann in the past. Something else for them to talk about over tea one day, no doubt.

As the Elder One handed Rayann the scarf, she would have refused it had Ceri not quickly spoken to her mind to let her know the significance of accepting it. Rayann glanced at Ceri then looked at the Elder Elf and inclined her head respectfully and accepted the beautiful scarf, and immediately draped it around her neck, smoothing it out over the blood red of the lapels of her robes. She looked at the Es’lid and reached out her arms to draw him into a soft hug before releasing him. Her words were in Elven as she spoke to him.

”You honor me with such a beautiful gift, Es’lid. Thank you.”

Rayann glanced at Ceri then and smiled even more seeing the look on her dear friends face. Her voice was a soft whisper when she spoke to Ceri’s mind.

~I would love to sit and talk at length with him if time permits, Ceri. There is such wisdom and knowledge in his soul. The things he share with me would be a more precious gift than this beautiful scarf.”

Rayann looked back at Es’lid and again inclined her head respectfully.

It was more beautiful than anything Kellan had ever seen. The myths and rumors about the beauty of the Elven city could not do the truth justice. Even from the air the beauty of the city was unmistakable and Kellan felt she was being awarded something very few humans had the opportunity to see.

As Nol landed, she instantly dismounted and slid gracefully down his scales. By the time her feet hit the ground, Nol flashed into his Elven form and the Captain of the Gate Guard was greeting them. With a nod of her head, Kellan looped her arm under Nol’s elbow and walked into the city proper with him.

And that’s when she saw the most breathtakingly beautiful city she’d ever seen in her life. It was so much so that she felt herself gasp and clutch Nol’s arm a little tighter. Careful not to miss a step, she let Nol guide her while she let her eyes take in the beauty around her.

”By Paladine, Nol. This place is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.”

As the Captain announced their arrival, she and Nol were greeted by the Elves with mixed welcomes. The Elves weren’t so arrogant they didn’t realize what Nol was and respected him and Kellan was given as warm a greeting as she could have gotten but there was still that underlying current of the fact she was human in their city. But that didn’t dampen Kellan’s spirits any. True to her training, she greeted everyone with respect and warmth being the true diplomat she could be.

Glancing up at Nol, she gave him a warm smile and nodded letting him know all was well and there was no need to worry on her behalf. After all, she was a big girl who could handle herself under any situation.

Last edited by RPMistress on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Ranewen knew all along the dinner with Olwa’s parents was scheduled but she never said anything to Olwa about it. Especially when she found out how enamored he was with that…..human. Even now as she readied for the dinner she couldn’t help but feel disgusted at the way he seemed to follow he around like some lost puppy. Not to mention how Pela always seemed to end up where Olwa was.

Ranewen had done her best to deter the two of them from having so much contact with each other but it never seemed to work out for her. At least when she did things fairly. It wasn’t until she found just how easily she could play on Pela’s insecurity that things became much easier for her.

Each time she was alone with Pela, Ranewen would talk about life back in Silvanost and how Olwa was going to be in charge of the Archers one day. Or hinted to the fact she and Olwa would be life mates. Or how much it was frowned upon for Elves to take human mates. Even though the Prince had done just that. A pure marriage was always better.

And Ranewen found just how much she enjoyed doing that to Pela. She had never considered herself a spiteful or envious Elfess, but as she watched Olwa and Pela together, she saw the threat the human posed and she had to eliminate it as soon as possible. Thus her last correspondence with her parents.

She expressed concern for Olwa’s state of mind being around the human ice witch so much. She played the part of the concerned, lifelong friend constantly mentioning his talk of doing something other than being an Archer for the rest f his life. That his lack of focus on what was truly important in his life seemed to be misguided by the free thinking of the human who had been raised by nothing less than a Netherman. Surely there was something wrong with her if she had been raised by such a creature. And it was starting to affect Olwa.

Ranewen had a feeling what tonight’s dinner was all about but it wasn’t until her mother told her that she felt her hooks finally starting to sink into Olwa. While his parents couldn’t insist he give up his apprenticeship with the Prince, they could certainly bring him back to center by announcing to him Ranewen was going to be his life mate.

Oh and she couldn’t wait to see the look on Pela’s face when the news was announced on the morrow. Surely Olwa wouldn’t have the decency to tell the witch to her face for fear of some sort of frigid retaliation for being scorned. Served her right. Who did she think she was? Ranewen’s family had the ranking in society to insure the match was a good one. Not to mention the status Ranewen would gain being married to Olwa. Rumor had it he was destined to be greater than his father. And even rumor he would surpass Aeolis in time.

The smile on Ranewen’s face was nothing short of smug as all of these thoughts raced through her mind. She would have a secure future with Olwa and the ice witch would soon be out of her life and she would have Olwa all to herself.

And Ranewen couldn’t wait.

As her mother enteredher room, Ranewen turned to smile at her.

"Is everything set? Did you speak to Olwa's parents?

Ranewen's mother nodded and smiled as she picked up the brush and started brushing her daughter's thick, silk like, chestnut hair.

"Yes, daughter, They are of the same mindset we are. It is best to formalize the betrothing so Olwa knows what will be expected of him,. And that his focus will be you and not some fanciful dream of spending time with some wild human magic user. Not to mention how mutually beneficial this willbe for both families. A powerful alliance will be made when you to are wed as lifemates. And what better time to announce it when we are in the throws of one of the grandest weddings thecity has seen in some time?"

Ranewen smiled brightly and nodded.

"I honestly cannot think of any better time to make the announcement, mother. Thank you."

Her mtoher smiled too.

"Neither can we, dear."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 am

Nol watched Kellan and could see by her body language that she was more than comfortable, so much so she had released his hand and was mingling on her own, laughing and openly having conversations with some of the Elves that Nol knew and had introduced her to. He had withdrawn just enough so he could watch her. She was as beautiful as the city, and he didn't even realize how wide his smile was. Suddenly he felt a soft hand on his shoulder and a feminine voice in his ear that he most certainly recognized. With a slow, intentional turn of the head he looked at his cousin and spoke, "I was wondering if you would make it."

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells RajuBanner

Raju leaned in and kissed Nol's cheek softly and then turned to follow his line of sight, "Ahhh... gazing upon your lady love." Nol elbowed her gently in the ribs and spoke, "She is more amazing than anyone I have ever known. Never in my days have I interacted with a human who had such strength and courage, but she does not allow it to control who she is, she can influence on a whim, rally in a moment of panic and see the task through to it's end, but then she becomes who she is and doesn't use her influence for personal gain. She thinks only of others, I simply can't bare to be away from her."

Raju smiled and slipped her arm under her cousins and locked elbows with him, "Then I suppose you will be wanting to hear the high Born's decision."

Nol turned quickly and looked at her, pleading with his eyes. Raju looked up at him and gave her playful glance, the same glance she had given him hundreds of times when she had something to hold over his head, our withhold from his knowledge. She smiled and spoke softly, "What?"

Nol furrowed his brows, "You NEED to tell me."

She smiled playfully and shrugged her shoulders, "Actually I don't, it doesn't change the course of my life one way or the other."

"Yes it does."

She looked up at him and laughed softly, getting a little more serious, "Yes... yes I suppose it does."

She turned and looked back at Kellan who was belly laughing at a joke an Elf had just told her and she whispered, "The High Born sees much potential in her."

Nol smiled brightly and looked at Kellan, his eyes glued to her beautiful feminine features that hid her warriors heart.

Ceridwyn and Rayann talked with the Elder for a while and then some of the guard came to fetch them to take them back to the castle. Ceridwyn turned and spoke to Es'ild, "Come with us."

He shook his head and responded softly, "No... no my child. I must see that these scarves are sold for the celebration."

Ceridwyn looked at the cart of beautiful and ornate scarves and spoke, "Enough selling, it is time you retired."

The Elder looked at her and spoke again, "Naeigh child, many need what these scarves will provide."

She looked at him and spoke, "It is already taken care of."

His eyes welled up and pleaded with her, "Aye my brother's brother, aye. The Orphans will be taken care of, they will be given a new chance, and their father's memories will be honored."

He stood with shaky legs and spoke to the guard, "You will assist him walking, and see to it he is at a table of prominence near my own."

The guard nodded and spoke, "Of course Mistress Ceridwyn."

Ceridwyn turned to Rayann and spoke, "Come my Princess, the festivities await us."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 am

Olwa finally managed to pull himself away from Pela and walked to his quarters beside those of the Prince. His formal outfits had been laid out and hung near the window for the weekend celebration. He rubbed his hand against the fine silk and could only think that despite how soft and elegant it felt, it paled in comparison to the softness of Pela under his same touch. He looked at the blues of the dyed elaborate embroidery and saw only a moon cast shadow to the depth of blue in Pela's eyes.

Through blurring tears he removed his formal travel clothing and put on his outfit for the evening. It was a a perfect fit despite the growth in his muscles over the last few months under Prince Myth'alas' training regiment. Nevertheless it fit so perfectly it felt like a second skin... skin, Pela's soft, cold skin. He inhaled deeply and looked at himself in the mirror. Blotting his eyes with the small handkerchief in his pocket he put on his fine leather belt and laced through the ceremonial dagger that all Rangers wore at all times. Tugging down the tunic and smoothing it he gave one last look and stepped out into the hall. He made his way through the castle and the merriment of the celebration raged all around him as he felt each heavy step pound the marble. He felt like a prisoner of war being led to his imprisonment, a feeling he had not felt for months, a feeling that seemed all the more intense as a result of it's absence from his recent change of life.

He made his way through the castle gate and saw his families home. It was decorated in the same manner as all the other buildings and houses, the lights were burning bright in the window and he could see his father speaking to Turgon, Ranewen's father, they had already arrived. As he walked on he could see them talking and laughing as old friends were inclined to do, and he focused on them. Coming to the base of the stairs he paused and brought his hands to his chest, clasping them in the manner that Myth had taught him and inhaled deeply, using the same centering exercises he and his Mentor performed every morning. After a few moments of slow, deliberate breathing he walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. The wild elf answered and smiled softly as she spoke, "Good evening Master Olwa." Olwa looked at her and spoke, "There is no need for such formality Branch, I am not your Master, nor will I be when I am head of this house." "Of course Master," she said, her sheepish eyes moving in an intentional downcast manner to look at the floor.

Olwa stepped in and his Mother, Allawana greeted him immediately, "Good evening my son."

"Good evening mother, the house is looking lovely." He was lying through his teeth, he hated this place, more than he ever had. How he longed for the stone walls of Glen Durel, the cold floor covered in elaborate Elven rugs provided by the royal family, the chance of running into Pela as he came around any number of corners.

"Of course it is my son, the whole city is decorated, of course we hired the most expensive decorators to make sure we had a good showing for Ceridwyn and Aeolis." Olwa looked at her, his thoughts raced, hundreds of years of knowledge in his mothers eyes and she still missed the most simple things. If Ceridwyn had her way the wedding would have been at Glen Durel and there would have been 20 people in attendance. Instinctively however he nodded instead of speaking what was on his mind, forcing a smile and kissing the back of his mother's hand.

His father approached and Turgon was beside him, "Well, there's my son." He turned to look at Turgon, "Back from his assignment with the Prince, here to celebrate the wedding of Silvanost's finest Elf Mistress to one of it's Generals. Truly a day to be happy about."

Olwa noted the false pride in his father's words. He didn't speak near as favorably about Olwa when others weren't around. Turgon stepped up and looked at Olwa, his eyes scanning over the boy before speaking, "You have put on muscle, that is to be expected, the Prince is known for his ability to train the most elite."

Olwa simply nodded and Turgon spoke, "Show us something, anything you have learned."

Olwa spoke softly, "It is not the place of a warrior to brag or perform parlor tricks sir, our skills belong only in the appropriate place, on the field of battle."

Turgon and Ky'ly laughed softly, "Oh come come... we would love to see if the Prince still has a knack for turning clay to stone. After his sabbatical with the Dark Queen one can only wonder what he is teaching now."

Olwa looked up at Turgon with a burning in his eyes, "The Prince was cleared of all wrong doing through the Ceremony of Darkness, you have no right to speak of him in such."

Turgon raised his eyebrows and turned to Ky'ly, "Well, if nothing the Prince is certainly lighting the fire in his belly."

He sipped his wine and turned to go back into the parlor and Ky'ly looked at Olwa with a gaze that would crack stone, he spoke to his son's mind, ~ "Do not dare to speak to our guests with such impudence." ~

Olwa responded, ~"But it is alright for him to speak to me as hence?"~

Ky'ly furrowed his brow and simply turned to go back to the Parlor, "Come Olwa."

Olwa followed him and Turgon was standing near the window. He spoke, "I would still like to see some of these skills the Prince is known for, Ky'ly, might we have a quick demonstration, Olwa and I?"

Ky'ly turned to Olwa, "Of course."

Olwa inhaled deeply and knew there was no way out of this. Turgon was one of the finest sword fighters in all the Elven kingdoms, but as he was never selected by the Prince to train under his regiment there was bitterness and resentment in his face. Turgon pulled his ceremonial sword and spoke, "So on your best then Olwa."

Olwa furrowed his brows and looked pleadingly at his father who ignored his son's facial expression. Olwa spoke as he turned to look back at Turgon, "I don't have a sword."

Turgon gestured to his belt, "You have your dagger."

Olwa felt the anger beginning to rise in him and exhaled it slowly as Myth had taught him, "Very well."

Turgon was clearly bent on showing the Prince had no abilities to train, this was as much an opportunity to embarrass a Prince without actually facing him. Olwa removed the dagger and swung it so he was holding it blade back. Turgon smiled and began to circle, his form was perfect, completely balanced and without flaw. Olwa began to move in unison, the training from Prince Myth'alas that was becoming more instinct than thought took over and he felt his body begin to center and move in response. Turgon's eyes followed Olwa's steps, Olwa could see that this was an Elf who knew how to fight, he kept calm, remained focused, and waited. Myth had told him, "The stronger the opponent, the longer you wait, never strike until the moment is right and the moment is never right until your opponent makes the firs move."

For several moments the two moved in a wide circle around the parlor, the ladies had come to the doorway and were now watching. Finally Turgon's brow twitched so slightly that most would have not even caught it and he brought his sword up and over in such a quick flash of reflected steel Olwa had only milliseconds to respond, and respond he did. There was a sharp clang as his dagger came off the cuff of his sleeve and caught the flat side of Turgon's blade, deflecting it just enough to allow Olwa to spin up and around the dull backside. He grabbed Turgon's bicep and twisted the muscle just enough to rotate the sword outward and the cold hilt of his dagger stopped just as it touched Turgon's throat. Olwa was barely breathing and he whispered, "Had this been real I would not have used the hilt."

Turgon furrowed his brow and attempted to step back, his arm was held fast by Olwa's extremely strong grip. He looked at Olwa and there was the slightest flash of fear in his eyes as he spoke, "Well, it is good to see that the Prince is still capable of training good technique."

Olwa released and Turgon stepped back as he re-sheathed his sword. Olwa turned and looked at his father who had a look of shock and surprise on his face, "Father, when do we eat?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am

Kellan soon realized many of the Elves were as comfortable with her in their city as she was with them in Heartlund. Of course the battle they had all shared losses in had something to do with that she was certain. Still, it was refreshing for her to see them accept her for who she was and not because of Nol. And with Nol’s help, she was able to learn some Elven before their arrival so she could at least show she was willing to learn their language like they had learned hers.

The humor the Elf she was talking with caused her light brown eyes to twinkle slightly and as she could not hold back her laughter, it sounded very feminine yet there was no doubt it was not feigned. She enjoyed the joke and caught sight of something when she turned to see Raju standing next to Nol and both of them looking at her and smiling. Kellan suddenly felt self conscious but didn’t know why. Excusing herself form the Elf, she walked over and hugged Raju tightly.

”Raju! I’m so glad you’re here.”

Kellan stepped back and took Raju’s hand in hers as her smile grew even more.

”I have to say, the Elves will not be able to take their eyes off you. You look even more beautiful, my friend. What is it about a wedding that seems to make us all glow with some sort of inner light?”

Just then some movement caught her eye over behind Raju and Nol and Kellan’s smile turned to one that could only be described as warm and sincere.

”But none of us could glow as much as Ceridwyn right now.”

Rayann helped Es’lid to his feet then smiled at him.

”Ceridwyn is right, Es’lid….there is no need to sit here. Not when I will buy every scarf you have left now. How could I not want them all? Your gift has led to a quick obsession for me, I fear. Dare I say the Prince will be hard set to find me a more appropriate birthday gift that could top anything quite like this.”

As the guards helped the elder Elf move along, Rayann turned to see Nol, Raju and Kellan standing there looking at them. She smiled brightly and walked with open arms to greet the three of them with warm hugs.

”It’s good to see you three again. And just in time for the evening feast, at that.”

She gave Nol a sideways glance and her smile turned to more of a grin.

”If I didn’t know any better I would say it was perfect timing on your part Nol, but I know y our fondness of a well prepared meal. Much like Myth’Alas’. It’s a good thing your friends offered to help me learn how to cook. And trust me when I say the Prince thanks you as well.”

Rayann looked over at Raju and she smiled still.

”And Raju….I swear the twinkle in your eyes always make me wonder what you may be planning to do.”

Rayann looked at Kellan then and her smile grew more of a grin as well.

”I’m glad to see you as well, Kellan. I know you have your hands full with Nol but I also know if there was any Rider who could handle his antics, it is you. And no other woman could capture his heart as one who has as big a heart as he does.”

Kellan felt her cheeks grow warm under Rayann’s words and she inclined her head.

”Thank you, Princess.”

Rayann smiled then looked over at Ceri as she hugged the three. Kellan smiled warmly at Ceridwyn again.

”Congratulations, Ceridwyn. I’m very happy for you and Aeolis.”

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Aeolis

A masculine voice spoke from behind Nol, Raju and Kellan.

”Thank you, Lady Kellan. My bride and I are glad you could join us here to help us celebrate our nuptials.”

Aeolis clasped forearms with Nol and joined the dragon in a masculine hug then turned his attention to Raju and Kellan. Taking each feminine hand at a time he brought it to his lips then smiled at them before turning to offer his arm to Ceriidwyn.

”My love….the Queen has sent me to gather you and escort you through the city to the place where the food is awaiting out arrival.”

Aeolis slid his gaze to Rayann and he lifted a brow, grinning.

”And the Prince sent a message to you as well, Princess….I believe it was something akin to if his missives keep being ignored he will come claim his wife in a rather….barbaric fashion.”

Rayann felt her own cheeks color then and she looked at the gathered group.

”Well….it seems as though we must make haste. Everyone…..take a hand of the one next to you.”

Rayann looked over at Ed’lis and then to the guards. Smiling, she nodded letting then know she had the Elder one herself. Taking Ed’lis’ hand in her own, she closed her fingers gently around his gnarled hand and smiled warmly. With a glance around at the others, she saw they were ready to go as well.

Closing her eyes, she whispered the soft, spidery words of her spell. The group slowly erupted into a bright light that disappeared and reappeared in the center of the Hall of Stars. As the group arrived, the trumpets were sounded announcing their arrival. Rayann shooed Ceri and Aeolis along while she helped Ed’lis.

Kellan quickly recovered from the transportation then saw what Rayann was doing and stepped to the Elder ones other side.

”It’s OK, Princess. We will see to his comfort and seating.”

Rayann smiled gratefully then leaned over kissing Ed’lis’ cheek before whispering in his ear.

”I will return soon to check on you.”

With a swoosh of red velvet, Rayann moved across the floor to join Myth’Alas. Kellan smiled as Raju moved to help the Elder One with her. Rayann sent a missive to Raju letting her know where Ed’lis was to be seated. Once everyone was in place, the room fell silent and the Speaker of the Stars once more made a small speech before taking his seat.

The meal bean then and the room was filled with the buzz of conversation, laughter and general camaraderie among the Elves and guests.

Last edited by RPMistress on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Ranewen watched the exhibition between her father and Olwa in the parlor. The pride she saw in her father’s movements made her hold her head a little higher knowing Olwa would one day perhaps surpass him. If Olwa studied and trained as much as her father did, of course.

But that pride she felt quickly turned to nothing more than sheer animalistic attraction towards Olwa when she saw the Elf move like a large feline and counteract her father’s moves with such precision and speed, she felt as though time stood still. The look in her almond shaped eyes was unmistakable. While she had always fancied herself as Olwa’s lifemate, she now found herself attracted to him for a whole other reason. It wasn’t until Allawana spoke up that Renewen’s attention expanded to those around her and not solely on Olwa.

”Well, now that we have established my son’s prowess in the arena, dinner is ready.”

Ranewen’s mother, Ilu’venis, watched from just behind Ranewen and what she saw frightened her slightly. There was no doubt Olwa was formidable and what was to stop him from using such techniques, as her husband put it, on their daughter. She relayed these concerns in a mental missive to her husband only to receive a rely that told her for the good of the family; Ranewen would learn to handle the younger Elf.

Allawana waited as everyone walked past her before she settled her gaze on Ky’ly. The missive she sent him was no less a degree of concern than the one Ilu’venis sent Turgon just moments before.

~I do not think that was the wisest thing to do. We do not wish to frighten Ranewen away. She is a delicate flower and Olwa needs to be seen as an Elf who can provide for her without being…..hostile.~

Ky’ly placed his hand gently on the small of Allawana’s back and ushered her onward while returning his own missive.

~Ranewen is a strong Elfess. She will do fine with our son. Looka t the way she watches him. She is no less afraid of him than you are of me, my dear.~

Allawana glanced at her husband but said no more. Once everyone was seated in their respective places, Ky’ly at the head of the table, Allawana on the opposite end, Turgon and Ilu’venis to Turgon’s right and Olwa and Ranewento Ky’ly’s right, Branch stepped into the dining room and poured wine in each glass. Once the wine was poured, she stepped back out of the way and Ky’ly swirled the wine around a couple of second before he raised his glass to toast.

”To lifelong friends and future generations.”

As the table toasted, Ky’ly and Allawana began preparing dinner plates of succulent smelling food for their guests. As the plates were set before each person, the meal began as more conversation between the adults took place. Finally Ilu’venis turned her attention to Olwa as she gave him a small smile.

”It appears your time within the Prince and Princess’ house has not been all bad for you, Olwa. Although I am certain you are bringing culture and regality to the place. I hear it is quite dull looking so this must be a wonderful respite for you, returning to Silvanost and immersing yourself in the beauty it beholds. It is a good thing Ranewen was with you or you may have grown too homesick.”

Allawana and Ky’ly paid very close attention to their son as he was addressed by their guest. And it was at that moment Ranewen moved her hand ever so slightly beneath the table to rest on Olwa’s thigh as she spoke up insuring Olwa had no choice but to remain still.

”The Prince kept Olwa quite busy most days but he was not so insensitive he did not give him some free time. Olwa seemed to spend a great deal of time within the large trees when he was not with the Prince. I believe he sought solace within their leaves and branches.”

Allawana glanced at Ranewen then back to Olwa.

”And where was the human ice witch when you were seeking solace in the trees, Olwa?”

The venom in his m other’s voice dripped from her lips like poison honey but it seemed to be the general consensus of those around the table for no one looked surprised when she asked the question or the tone in which she asked.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Olwa sheathed his blade as the guests and his family made their way to the dinner table. As the assembled sat and his father made a toast Olwa followed along half listening until his father said, "future generations."... Future generations? What did he mean by that? He sipped his wine pondering the words and glanced sideways at the people sitting around the table. Things were fuzzy, a situation he was uncomfortable with, something was lingering under the surface. Prince Myth'alas was more than just a master combatant, he was a believer in the constant assessment of the situations one found themselves in. He once said to Olwa during lessons, "One can never control where they end up but they can control themselves and find the advantage once they are there." At the time it made sense but it still felt a foreign concept but now, here, in this place that seemed so strange to him anymore it made perfect sense. He could not control that he was here, until he was 85 he fell under his father's household, when summoned he had to respond unless a good excuse was in place such as being needed by the Prince or attending duties that required him to miss the event. Now that he was here however he could search the motives, listen to the message beneath the words, see the weakness and exploit it for his own advantage.

In his head all this made sense but when Ilu’venis addressed him he froze. It only took him a couple seconds to gather his thoughts but by then Ranewen had interrupted and spoken in his stead, a move he did not care for especially since the information was inaccurate and frankly a lie. When he wasn't occupied with the duties of the Prince he was typically with Pela. Olwa glanced at Ranewen as she spoke and then turned to his mother as she spoke of Pela. Knowing this was neither the time nor the place for a confrontation he cleared his throat and spoke, "Arwenamin Ilu'venis, there is not more culture that I or Ranewen could ever possibly bring to Glen Durel, it is the Prince and Princess' residence and as such there is little a simple Elf such as myself could possibly contribute. I suppose that by Elven standards the castle itself could be classified as dull given that there are no ornate carvings or detailed etchings within it's stone but what it lacks in appearance it more than gains in the heartfelt warmth of a family that truly loves one another. What is better, to live in grey stone with love or to live in all the beauty and splendor of Silvanost but rotting on the inside?"

Ky'ly immediately furrowed his brow and scolded his son through a missive as Allawana cleared her throat uncomfortably. Almost as if she was prompting him Olwa turned to look at her, "As for Pela mother, she is the Princess' hand maiden, she goes and comes as the Princess has need of her."

He remained more diplomatic on that statement than his previous not wishing to invoke further scolding from his father, but clearly the look on his face was not pensive or submissive, his parents could see there had been a change in him. He cut his vegetables and began to eat them, ignoring Ranewen's hand on his thigh, it might have been a branch or rock that he was leaning against, he felt no warmth, emotion or excitement from her touch.

the dinner continued, all those attending keeping the conversation more level for the time being. Finally as the meal was concluding and Branch had cleared the dishes Olwa turned to look at Ky'ly, "Might I be excused father? I would like to participate in the festivities this evening. The Prince has given me the evening off so I would like to see as much of the celebration as I can."

Ky'ly raised his hand, "One moment son. I understand you wanting to celebrate, and that is part of the reason we two families are gathered." Allawana looked at Ranewen and smiled widely, reaching over the table and taking her hand. "As we are all aware, the purity of our race is based on proper marriages and unions. Keeping our bloodlines pure is what has emboldened us and given us the strength to survive the many horrors and evils that exist outside of our great forest."

He turned and looked at his son as he continued to speak to the two families assembled, "As such it is not only our duty to serve the Speaker of the Stars and his rule, it is our duty to see that our own lineages remain pure so the legs on which he stands are strong and steadfast. As upstanding houses of the Silvanesti kingdom the houses of Pilininge and Seregon have served loyaly, remained upstanding in the eyes of the Speaker, and done everything to keep our bloodlines pure and free from outside intrusion. Because of the serendipitous circumstances under which we find ourselves, a strong male with the blood of Pilininge in his veins, a delicate and beautiful female with the blood of Seregon in hers it makes sense therefore that a union of our houses occur."

Olwa looked at his father and furrowed his brow, his next words seemed to almost come out in slow motion, "Tonight we celebrate the engagement of our own children, Olwa Pilininge and Ranewen Seregon to be wed at first Spring!"

Both mothers laughed excitedly as Ky'ly and Turgon embraced their right forearms in a strong embrace, Ranewen hugged her mother and then Olwa's, and finally lept into his arms excitedly, hugging him tightly and squealing into his ear. He felt numb, the sounds of the room seemed to be coming to his ears through heavy cloth, fuzzy and uncertain of any clarity. He watched the faces of those in the room, cheering their own private celebration and congratulating one another, the sound of Ranewen in his ear, the weight of her on his shoulder as she pressed her body against his. He thought of his training, the words of his Prince and Mentor, the being unable to control where you end up... how on Krynn was he going to find any sort of advantage in this?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Immediately Raju embraced Kellan and held her tightly. As they stepped back and Kellan spoke of females and their glowing at weddings she laughed and responded, "Perhaps it's the anticipation that the one we love might find the courage to make the same sort of comittment to us, wouldn't you agree cousin?"

Nol furrowed his brows and was about to say something when Kellan spoke of none glowing as brightly as Ceridwyn. He turned and looked as Ceridwyn hurried over to the group with the Princess after making sure Es'lid was taken proper care of. When Kellan spoke to her and gave her congratulations she Ceridwyn stepped over and hugged Kellan tightly, "And I hear that congratulations are in order for you as well!"

Kellan looked at her curiously and then turned to look at Raju and Nol. They both feigned innocence and then Kellan turned back to Ceridwyn, "I am afraid I don't know what you mean."

Ceridwyn turned to look at Raju and Nol and then back to Kellan, "Ahh, you see it is sometimes to a fault that one can scry into the future. Unfortunately I feel I might have jumped the gun." Ceridwyn went pink with embarrassment and thank the stars Aeolis arrived in time to save her from the awkwardness that was rapidly building.

Aeolis gathered them together and with Rayann's words the group disappeared from the common room to find themselves in the great Hall of Stars. Once everyone was seated and he had said his words the conversation buzzed. Kellan was seated with Raju and Nol and several other Elven nobles that none of them knew. Raju had managed to get them to crack their Elven like marble facades and glanced at Nol to tell him non-verbally he and Kellan had a few moments. Nol turned to her and brought his mouth to her ear, "Apologies, Ceridwyn managed to give hint of the news before it's proper time. Raju and I would like to discuss a matter of great importance after dinner."

She looked at him with concern and he smiled as he spoke, "It is nothing to concern yourself with my Moon and Stars, but it is a matter that will require a great deal of consideration before you make a decision."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 pm

The smile on Ranewen’s face as nothing short of beaming. For the first time she was allowed to publically show how she felt about being betrothed to Olwa and she did so exuberantly. Nothing made her any more happy at this moment then the fact of knowing, along with Olwa now, she was going to be wed to the best and brightest soldier Silvanost had.

As she hugged her future husband, Ranewen made certain to press herself against his body so he was certain to feel every soft curve and smooth angle of her body and how wonderful it felt against his. After all, if it felt this wonderful for her to press against him, he had to feel that same delight. And why not? She was one of the most beautiful Elf maidens in all of Silvanost and her families status had secured her a future she would enjoy to the fullest.

Whispering softly in Olwa’s ear, she made certain her warm breath tickled his sensitive point in an effort to entice him as he had her earlier with the demonstration of his abilities.

”Our future is secure, Olwa. We shall have as grand a wedding as Ceridwyn and Aeolis are having right now. And I will make the most beautiful bride you have ever seen. And my touch will forever be warm and inviting.”

There was no doubt what she meant with that last sentence. Many times Ranewen had commented about the fact Pela seemed to be a walking ice statue. Slowly she released Olwa fromt eh hug and stood back letting her eyes practically devour him where he stood, still looking quite shocked at the news.

Allawana was the first to speak to Olwa as he stood there, practically motionless.

”Olwa? Are you so happy you cannot return the hug to your future wife? You must learn how to be affectionate towards her, after all, it is how we will insure the blood lines will be successful. And it is only natural for a husband to embrace his wife, dear.”

There was some jest in her words but Olwa knew it was just another way for her to publically admonish him without being outright rude.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Kellan was as confused as a Dwarf with his helmet over his eyes and his stubby little body stumbling around looking for his Axe. Of course before she could ask anything, Rayann had whisked them off to the Hall of Stars so the formal festivities could begin.

When Nol leaned over to whisper in her ear, Kellan leaned over in kind and listened to his words. When she lifted her face to look at him he saw the concern clearly etched on her face. Glancing at Raju then back to Nol, she immediately began to worry what was so important. Of course she knew when these two were together Gods only knew what they could be up to. With Nol’s reassurance the news was not bad, she smiled and nodded.

”Well now…..Needless to say, I can’t wait to see what you two have gotten yourselves into again.”

Seeing the look Raju gave her, Kellan grinned slightly.

”Do not try to play innocent with me. Either of you. I’ve gotten to know you both too well for that.”

With a soft laugh, Kellan turned her attention to the festivities around her and the company she kept but occasionally reached over to touch Nol in some tender way that was in no way intimate from an outsiders point of view and more like the closeness a Rider had with her Dragon. But Kellan and Nol knew it went much deeper and that was all that mattered to her.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Aeolis

Rayann laughed with her dear friend as the festivities got underway. She’d never seen Ceridwyn smile so much for such a length of time. It did her heart good to see her friend had found such love again. While she knew Ceri would never forget her first love, she knew Aeolis had healed a long open wound and while it still left a scar, in time, it would fade as well but never permanently disappear.

And Aeolis was more jovial than Rayann had seen him. He was normally so stoic it almost seemed as though he was a different person as he sat there and laughed and joked with Myth and his soldiers. Even the Speaker and the Queen were letting their hair down, so to speak.

The Queen looked over at Rayann and held her daughter in law’s gaze for a moment before smiling brightly and nodding. When Rayann glanced over at the Speaker, she saw he was looking at her as well. In a rare show of acknowledgement to her, the Speaker gave her a smile and nodded his head. Rayann could not help but smile as she saw her son with his grandparents. Feeling a warm hand cover hers, she blinked and looked up into the emerald gaze of her husband and smiled. Feeling his wife’s emotions, the Prince leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before squeezing her hand.

Rayann was grateful for the support he gave her and she sent him a missive letting him know. His response was the usual and she couldn’t help but chuckle softly. Love, it seemed, was floating on the air this night and Rayann could not be happier.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Olwa was numb, he could feel Ranewen's femininity, and as any adolescent boy it might have been welcomed, except it... wasn't. He did nothing to resist but he also did nothing to welcome it. Instinctively his arm had come up around her but it was an action he was barely aware of. He focused on Pela, he could see her in his mind, sitting but the pond making small ice statues and sculptures while waiting for his return. His thoughts were only broken when his mother said his name, he turned and looked at her, his eyes in a daze.

"No mother I... I mean yes, the news is, shocking... and..., grand."

Allawana came and put her arms around the both of them, holding them tightly as she spoke, "And of course this means Grandchildren."

The two mothers took extra measures of excitement at this and grabbed Ranewen as they dashed to the kitchen to discuss... whatever it was they wanted to discuss. Turgon walked over to Olwa and extended his hand, "You will make a fine lifemate for my daughter, know that this decision was an easy one, given the other options out there it made perfect sense that our houses finally unit once again."

Olwa half smiled and nodded, clearly still in a daze, "Well look at this Ky'ly, he is still stunned."

The two Father Elves exchanged chuckles and Ky'ly came and extended his hand to Olwa, it was about the most affectionate he ever got, "Congratulations son, this is a huge step in your life path, the generational repercussions of this union will echo for thousands of years."

Olwa looked at him curiously, wanting to mock his foolishness, but he restrained, this was after all his fathers home, "Oh, I am sure there will be repercussions."

Ky'ly looked at him and chuckled, "Of course."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells KaliBlack

Shortly after the dinner started Kali entered near the back of the Hall of Stars. The guards exchanged hesitant glances but they immediately recognized her as the grand daughter of the Speaker and permitted her pass. As she made her way to the table where her mother sat she noticed that an empty chair awaited her and she moved so gracefully she almost seemed to float under her thick, black robes. Her hood was down and held back with silver pins, her long honey blond hair came down now so it reached her mid thigh and was combed perfectly straight. It was thick and juxtaposed itself against the endless black of her robes, a perfect contradiction of one another. Her hair was only fastened with a silver clip that held it up on the side of her face that had no scar, the other side hung down and almost completely obscured it from view.

Ceridwyn noticed her and stood practically running over to her and grabbing her in a strong hug. Kali smiled and rested her chin on the Elfess' shoulder as she whispered into her ear, "Congratulations my friend, though I am shocked to the lengths you have allowed my Grandmother to go I will say it is fitting given your status among them."

Ceridwyn laughed and leaned back looking at Kali curiously. Kali nodded and spoke, "Though this is my badge of honor," She gestured to her face, "For one night I will be 'proper' in honor of your union."

Ceridwyn touched her hand to her chest and smiled as she looked deeply into Kali's eyes, "But my dearest Kali, if you are to come, I want it to be representing who and what you are, what you stand so proudly for, despite our views not aligning."

She reached up and removed the silver clip from Kali's hair and slipped it over on the other side as she tucked the hair up to reveal the scar, "Even in this, by yourself, don't conform to anyone, or anything."

Kali cocked her half smile and gently shook her head, "You see what happens when you make an attempt to please everyone? You don't please anyone at all."

Ceridwyn laughed and hugged Kali again. Kali looked up and saw her mother standing behind Ceridwyn now. She walked over and embraced Rayann tightly, "Greetings mother, it is good to see you."

Raju and Nol shrugged and once again feigned innocence. Kellan shot them both a look suggesting, "this isn't over." and they all went on with the festivities. As the night progressed the laughter continued to echo around the hall as the top most members of Elven culture let loose many of the strings of their royalty and allowed themselves the chance to celebrate. It had been over one hundred years since such a party had taken place, and they were all willing to participate.

As Kellan showed her affection, Nol returned the gestures in kind. When she did manage to cross gazes with him he would flare the inner pupils of his eyes and wink. Though they could not embrace and be "lovey" in this sort of environment they were both capable of showing their love in quieter ways.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Turgon chuckled and shook his head.

”You will get used to the idea, Olwa. And it will be an easy thought for you. You and Ranewen have grown up together so it is not like you are marrying a stranger. And she grows more beautiful each day. She will make you a fine wife that you will be proud of. And she will honor you and the house you will make with her. She has been trained by some of the best. In fact, the Queen was just getting ready to call her to the palace to become the next Lady in Waiting when she was given the assignment in Glen Durel instead. Apparently she grew quite close to the youngling Prince while he stayed with the royal family during his parents…..adventures.”

Pela sat by the water’s edge as she promised Olwa she would. It was well after dark now and the occasional guard would walk past asking if she was alright. She always smiled sweetly at them and told them she wasn’t much on crowds. They had no trouble believing her given the stories they heard of her upbringing. While the guards kept an eye on her, she knew they gave her a wide girth as well and never ventured too close.

To keep herself occupied, she used her natural affinity to freeze things to make little shapes of ice only to watch them melt. At one point she concentrated long and hard as she sculpted a hand held statue of Olwa. He was standing proud with his bow in his grasp pulling the string back and getting ready to send his bolt flying at a target.

There was a great deal of detail in the small statue and she found she was able to recall the details from memory as though she was standing looking at him right before her. She didn’t need to worry about the ice melting quickly. The only thing she had to worry about was making sure the ice didn’t get too cold and brittle breaking before she was finished.

It was something Rayann taught her to do in an effort to control her abilities. While it still fascinated the Red Mage Pela’s magic seemed more natural than learned, Rayann knew she was still ‘wild’ and without the proper training on concentration, Pela could easily cast a spell that would be too powerful for her body to take and end up destroying herself and those around her. And Pela found she loved to do this type of training. It took her mind off things and allowed her to do something she liked as well as practice her control.

Last edited by RPMistress on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Rayann embraced her daughter letting her embrace last a little longer than usual. Her voice was soft as she spoke to Kali.

”Ceri is right, Kali. Be who you are as you are. No one here will think any less of you. Not that you would care anyway.”

There was humor in her mother’s last words but it was true and they all knew it. Kali was definitely one of a kind and Rayann was more than proud of her. As any mother would be.

”Come….sit and eat with us. Shaer will be making his way to you now that he knows you’re here. Best to enjoy your meal before he starts using you as a toy to climb on like he has your grandparents.”

It was the shared secret Kellan had with Nol that seemed to make occasions like this make her feel almost as if she were a young girl again. So much had happened in her lifetime that when she thought about it all, it was as though she were looking at the world through the eyes of an aged woman. But when she was with Nol, she felt hope. She felt secure. She felt alive. She felt youthful. She felt loved.

And she needed nothing more.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:50 am

After a short time both sets of parents wanted to join the rest of Silvanost in the night air. Ranewen was practically jumping out of her skin she was so excited and when they went out into the street a dozen of her female friends were practically hovering around the base of Olwa's parents home. They screamed as she approached and saw the Pilininge crest pinned to her lapel, labeling her as a future member of the household. Many of the young girls were hugging her and the others were listening intently, asking dozens of questions about the wedding, Olwa's response, their excitement, etc.

They were only outside a few moments when Olwa spoke, "Mother, Father, I need to run and check in with the Prince, will you excuse me?"

Allawana looked at him and spoke, "I thought he gave you the evening off."

Ky'ly turned and looked at Olwa as his son answered, "Oh, he did mother, it's just that he knew we were having dinner and was curious about what would be discussed. I told him I would meet up with him after and give him a debriefing."

Allawana looked at her son with a smile, "The Prince is astute, I am sure he suspected this and wanted to her the good news from his protege."

Olwa nodded in agreement and spoke, "I am sure you are right mother, and as I said I made a promise so I must keep my word."

Ky'l nodded and spoke, "Very good son, it does my proud to see you keeping your responsibilities at the forefront of your mind."

"Of course father."

Olwa turned and disappeared into the crowd, weaving his way swiftly to the North side of Silvanost and slipping through the small gateway that led to the garden. It was almost midnight and he prayed that Pela was still there. He came around the corner and she was sitting on the grass, her legs tucked under her. Her white dress was spilling out all around her, so much so that it looked like she was floating in a sea of ice. He ran to her and hit the ground. She turned with a start and he grabbed her, almost violently and pulled her into his chest. He immediately began sobbing into her shoulder and he tried to collect his breath.

Pela brought her arms up around him and he spoke, "They... they have betrothed me to Ranewen. That is what the dinner was about, to announce... to tell us."

He leaned back and she could see the devastation in his eyes, "I can't... I won't marry her. I love you, only you."

Pela was looking at him, the news was clearly a shock to her as well. He cleared his throat and began to whisper, "We can't chose where we end up... but we can control ourselves and find the advantage once we are there."

He looked up at her, "Though this path was set for me, I will take the wilds, go cross country, forge my... no OUR own way. There is no path but the path we make, just because the way isn't clear doesn't mean we wouldn't be going the right direction... yes."

Pela was looking at him with concern, his words sounding like aimless babble. He looked up at her, his eyes pressing lovingly into her own, "Do you remember when I asked you if you would go away with me? Would you leave with me if I requested?"

Pela nodded and spoke, "Yes, I told you all you need do is ask."

Olwa nodded his head and a confident smile crossed his face, "I am asking, Pela, will you leave with me? Right now? The city is practically in chaos, they would never see us go."

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells KaliBlack

Kali ate a little but then sent a missive to her Grandmother asking if Shaer could come sit with her. The Mistress of the Stars nodded to her grand daughter and had one of the guard bring the toddler to her. Shaer's face exploded in joy and he extended his arms to his sister. The instant he was in her arms the two siblings touched foreheads and Shaer became as still as stone. He looked into Kali's eyes, and she into his. It only lasted seconds before Shaer screamed excitedly and started making his familiar noises again, but there was something different. He reached up and it looked like he was going to grab her hair like he usually did, but instead he rubbed his finger along the scarring on her cheek, his voice was soft, "Ba.... ba.... bad. Ba.... ba.... bad."

Kali brought her hand up and touched Shaer's hand against her scar, she whispered, "That's right my sweet brother, bad. This is bad."

She kissed his forhead and he squeeled again with joy, the moment passing and he immediately grabbed her honey blond hair and gave it a firm, familiar pull. Rayann flinched as if to rescue Kali but Kali looked at her mother and smiled, "It is fine mother."

The happiness in Kali's face was genuine when she was with her brother, it was becoming clearer and clearer that this was her only real joy anymore.

It was almost midnight and though the festivities were still well under way the gathering in the Hall of Stars was starting to fan out into the rest of the city. Raju appeared behind Kellan and tapped her friend softly on the shoulder as she was talking to a handsome looking Elf of the court. Raju looked at the finely dressed Elf and spoke, "I beg pardons but the Lady Kellan is needed for a moment." The Elder Elf smiled and nodded his head, "Of course, I do wish to continue my conversation with her as soon as possible however, please see that she is not detained long."

Raju looked at the Elf and Kellan saw immediately the mischievous sparkle appear in her eye, "And what would you have her for?"

The Elder Elf took a step closer and spoke, "Why do you inquire."

Raju stepped in, matching his movements and like the warm up to a swing Kellan could see Raju's actions coming from a kilometer away, "I inquire because the Lady here is with that, rather large Elf over there," She pointed to Nol who was standing off to the side speaking with a couple Elven Elders, "And I would hate to see him turn that pretty little face of your into a crimson stain on the floor."

The Elf took a half step back and spoke, "Oh... I, well I apologize, I did not know."

Raju smiled sweetly and rubbed her finger flirtatiously down his cheek, "Let it not worry you, luckily I intervened in time."

The Elf cleared his throat and bowed with haste, turning and disappearing into the crowd. Raju turned and looked at Kellan who was shaking her head and stifling a laugh, "That wasn't nice."

Raju snickered, "Of course it wasn't, pompous stuck up Elven royalty deserve a little discomfort."

She grabbed Kellan's hand and pulled her over to Nol who smiled and put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her in and kissing her softly on the cheek. Raju looked at the two of them and smiled, "So... what do you think cousin?"

Nol smiled at her and then looked at Kellan, "I think it is time she heard the news."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:52 am

Pela had never seen Olwa so upset. Instantly her heart sank to her feet only to jump back to her chest and start pumping wildly. Her arms enclosed around his shuddering shoulders and she hugged him as tightly as she could to herself. She could feel the dampness on her shoulder telling her the anguish Olwa was feeling was all consuming. Not knowing the reason for his tears, she felt her own begin to form and slip silently down her cheek.

She wished she had been with him. Whatever happened she would have been there, right from the start, to help him handle it. Her voice spoke softly in the language of the Nethermen as she comforted him. When his shoulders slowed their movement, she knew he was calming. But the news he gave her was even more devastating.

Gasping, Pela felt her heart constrict in her chest and a tightness engulf her. She couldn’t breathe. She couldn’t think. She could only hear his words as though she were in some strange, horrific dream. As Olwa lifted his pain filled gaze to hers, Pela felt her breathing resume and the tears flow even more down her cheeks. Reching trembling hands to gently cup his face in her chilled touch, she stroked the moisture of his tears from his cheeks with her thumbs.

As he began to babble on and on, she wondered if he had some sort of mental break down. She had seen people afflicted with such a thing and they spoke as Olwa was and it worried her more than the news he gave her. But when he asked her if she would leave with him, right now, she didn’t hesitate with her answer.

”Yes. I will Olwa. We need only gather a few things but we will travel light. We can make more ground that way.”

She looked away from him for a moment as the wheels began to turn in her head and she dropped her hands from his face to take his hands in hers. There was no doubt a plan was quickly taking shape in her mind. One she had thought about many times before, but in the past, there was a single traveler. When she looked back at him, she seemed almost fearful to ask him anything, but ask she did.

”I know a place we can go. A place no one but the Prince would dare venture to find us. It will be a long, difficult journey for us, but I am certain I can remember the way back there. But….you will have to trust me. I promise on my life, I will not let anything happen to you by my hand, Olwa…but we are going to be treading into very dangerous territory. You will have to remember everything Prince Myth’Alas taught you.”

She saw the concern in his eyes as she talked and she held his hands a bit tighter as she drew up the courage to tell him her plan.

”Have you ever heard of the Khalkist Mountains? It….it is my home.”

Rayann watched her children interact with each other and she was amazed each and every time she saw them. The connection they had with each other far surpassed anything she and Rorie had. It also frightened her a little. If it was stronger than what she and Rorie shared, then the breaking of it would be even more devastating than it had been on her and her brother.

Forcing those thoughts to the back of her mind, Rayann allowed herself to enjoy the moment. It would be on very rare occasions she would have this opportunity to spend with her entire family. Almost as if reading her thoughts, she felt the warmth of Myth’s hand as it covered hers and she glanced at her husband. She saw the love and pride in his eyes as he looked at her then to his children then back to her. With an almost imperceptible nod, she smiled.

It was a good night indeed.

Kellan could have easily said something to the Elf when Raju showed up but if she learned nothing else, it was that Raju couldn’t be stopped no matter what happened. Once her mind was made up, that’s all there was to it. And Kellan certainly wasn’t about to get between Raju and whatever she had her eyes on doing.

As Raju pulled her over to Nol and he kissed her cheek after pulling her closer, she blinked and looked up at him a bit surprised, but pleasantly so. Without thinking, she slid her arm around the small of his back and moved in closer.

As Raju spoke to Nol, Kellan looked at the both of them.

”You two have been secretive all night. Whatever this news is, I wish you would tell me. Needless to say you’ve had me on pins and needles wondering what is so important that you are making me wait to find out what it is you need to tell me”

Kellan was trying to be lighthearted about it but she knew these were tense times despite the fact they were at a wedding celebration. Threats existed everywhere and now that a Dragonrider had returned with Metallic Dragons, they were sure to be targets for the Dark Queen.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am

Olwa listened as Pela spoke to him. He felt as if a massive weight had been lifted from his shoulders when she agreed but when she said she had a place they could go he stepped in closer and gave her his full attention. When she mentioned the Khalkist Mountains he nodded immediately and spoke, "Of course I know the, they border Silvanesti to the North, it is the land of the...," he looked up at her and she could immediately see the understanding in his eyes, "...the Netherman."

He smiled, his eyes were almost wild and he spoke again, "That makes perfect sense, no one would attempt to follow us, at least not those who weren't fools."

He reached forward and took her hand, "Do you know the Way Gate, the one just a few hundred meters from here?"

She nodded. It was a very small gate in the rear of the city. It existed more to let travelers enter the city without having to go all the way around. Typically it was closed and locked up and didn't need guard. They had stolen some moments together there last time they were in Silvanost.

He smiled and she could see the confidence in his eyes, "Good. I will see you there in one candle tick. I would recommend not wearing white if you have something that will blend with the forest better." She smiled and nodded. He could see in her eyes she had already thought of that. With one last smile he drew her in and kissed her stronger than he ever had before, pressing his lips almost to the point of pain against hers. As he released he whispered, "Amin mela lle." (I love you)

He turned and made haste back to his quarters near the Princes, slipping easily past the merry makers and celebration. Everyone was so focused on the festivities that they weren't noticing anything. As he gathered his bow, his two swords, his travel clothing and his tunic he stuffed all that he could into his pack and then made his way back to the Way Gate. Sure enough there was no guard stationed, which was typical especially considering most of the guard who were on duty were around the center of the festivities. He slipped back into the shadows and undressed from his formal outfit and put on his traveling clothing, his weapons and his heavy travel cloak.

He buried his formal clothing into his pack and waited patiently for Pela. After a short time she approached from the shadows and he stepped out, giving a small chatter noise that could have easily been mistaken for a squirrel or bird. She turned her head and came right towards the noise. He grasped her hand from the shadow and whispered, "And so our escape from tyranny begins."

From the shadows, several dozen meters away a pair of eyes watched cautiously from the shadows and dark foliage. They watched as Pela and Olwa near silently unlatched the Way Gate and slipped out of Silvanost. The wild green and grey eyes turned and looked around, noting that there was no watchers. From the shadows Branch crept and slipped past the Way Gate once Pela and Olwa had slipped into the safety of the trees beyond the walls. She sniffed the air, and rubbed her fingers through the imprint of Pela's shoes. Looking up in the direction of their escape she turned and closed the Way Gate as silently as they had opened it. She moved with cat like grace and followed them, brushing out Pela's foot prints as she did, erasing all evidence of their departure and maintaining a safe distance behind them.

Nol smiled as he looked at Raju who was clearly becoming more and more excited as they stood off to the side of the party with Kellan. Nol leaned forward and kissed Kellan on the forehead, a tingling sensation immediately spread out from the spot he kissed her. She had felt it before, it always preceded when he was about to speak in Draconic. He only did this when the need for secrecy was necessary. He knew that Kellan's grasp of the Draconic language was improving daily as he taught her, however in these cases when he wanted to make sure she heard everything he used his magic. He looked at her and was about to speak just as the spell was taking hold but Raju could not contain herself and blurted out, "The High Borne wishes to invoke The Passage on you!!"

Nol turned and looked at her, his face crunched under his furrowed brow and he started laughing, "Clearly my cousin wanted to be the one to tell you."

Raju looked at him and thumped him on the front of the shoulder, "Well I am the one who appeared before him!"

"In my stead, I was dealing with matters in Heartlund."

"But it will be my blood and heart piece used, not yours! Don't you think I should be the one to tell?"

"And yet dear Raju, it was my idea."

"But not without my help."

Kellan shook her head and bought her hands up, touching her fingers to both their lips, "Cousins... what on Krynn is The Passage?"

Raju and Nol looked at each other and both flushed with embarrassment, in unison they spoke, "Sorry."

Nol looked at Raju who was shaking with excitement and her smile was so wide it looked like it might burst from her face. He spoke, "Go ahead Raj, tell her."

Raju grabbed Kellan by the shoulders and squared her to herself, "The Passage is a magical ceremony where a portion of my blood and life force are placed in your mortal body. It is fused with your own tissue and you and the effects of age and time will no longer affect you."

She squealed and grabbed Kellan before she even had a chance to respond.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Pela felt her tension melt off her when Olwa realized where she was wanting to go. As the plan to meet back up was set, she slipped off and quickly made her way to her quarters. Taking off the white dress she loved so much, she hung it lovingly on the padded hanger and let her fingers ease over the soft fabric once more. Turning she quickly changed into a pair of black breeches, dark brown tunic with wide, black belt and hood and slipped on a pair of soft, high boots Rayann gave to her. Placing a couple more pair of breeches and tunics along with some other small pieces of clothing, she compacted them into the pack she used. Traveling like this was nothing new to Pela so she knew exactly how to fold the clothing so it took up minimal space.

Glancing around the room one last time, she opened the door, peered into the hallway and made certain the coast was clear. Pulling the hood of the tunic up over her white head, she eased through the city with quiet steps and slithering about like a feline on the prowl. The trip back to the Way Gate was uneventful and for a moment she wasn’t sure Olwa had made it back. Until she heard the sound he made. Instinctively heading in the direction it came from she was rewarded with his hand taking hers.

As Olwa opened the gate, Pela was on high alert and kept a look out. As he gave her the signal to go, she wasted no time. Slipping out the barely opened gate, she made her way into the darkened forest then waited for Olwa to lead her further away.

Pela moved along with Olwa with a grace and ease that wasn’t as natural as Elves, but it wasn’t awkward either. She had not crept around like this for almost a year and it was all starting to come back to her. And she was loving it. Bad Rock and her moved around a lot and keeping themselves concealed was a must, and making sure they were as quiet as possible was a part of that concealment.

They walked for almost an hour in complete silence when Olwa finally stopped and glanced around as his keen senses searched for any possible eyes and ears. When he felt it was safe enough, he looked back at Pela and put hs finger to his lips to let her know they still had to remain quiet. With a nod, Pela moved closer to whisper in his sensitive ear.

”Do not worry about resting for my sake, Olwa. I am able to travel long distances by foot. Besides, the more distance we put between us, the better. Bad Rock and I used to travel mostly at night and rest during the daylight hours. It was easier for us to find places less traveled so there was no risk of discovery.”

Kellan was stunned to the point where she didn’t know how to react. While Raju squealed and hugged her tightly, Kellan stood with her eyes wide and her arms halfway up to embrace Raju. Her wide eyes locked on Nol as he stood watching his cousin and Kellan. Finally Kellan recovered and took Raju gently by the shoulders and took a step back away from her.

”Wait……give me a chance to absorb this. Please.”

Kellan’s face went from complete shock to that of deep etched concern and she let her eyes dart form Raju to Nol then back again as she spoke.

”So….this….Right of Passage…. It uses your blood and a piece of….your heart?....to infuse with me so I will become…..ageless?”

She looked directly at Raju now.

”But…..what will that mean for you if you are the one giving me these things? Surely it’s not just a simple ‘here, have this’ sort of thing. There is obviously something you are giving up for this to take place. What is it? And do not try to hold anything back from me. You know I can always tell when you are not being one hundred percent truthful with me.”

She glanced at Nol then.

”Either of you.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Raju stepped back as Kellan wished and she waited for Kellan to take in what she had just heard. After Kellan said her words Raju stepped up close to her and put her hands on both of Kellan's shoulders, "The magic will bind us, I will be sharing my life force with you, but it does not mean we are physically bound in some strange mystical way. My gift of immortality will intersect with your own mortal body and preserve you. Of course we can still be killed, but it is not the sort of thing where if one dies we both die. The only being that can wield this magic is the High Borne, his approval and willingness is the main ingredient but as with all High Sorcery a reagent is required. That reagent has to come from a willing dragon, not one who has been forced as the spell will reject the reagent and fizzle with no effect. My blood and a small piece of my heart will be mixed and powdered, spread onto your skin and the magic will cause the life force in me to be shared with you."

She smiled more warmly than Kellan had ever seen, "It will bind us like sisters, we will gain no magical benefit other than your becoming immortal, but it is one of the most intimate gifts a dragon can give a mortal so we will have the memory and the joy of sharing in this experience. I should also add that this has only happened three times in the history of Krynn. The big lug over here would have proudly voluntered to get a piece of him in you but unfortunately it has to be a female dragon."

Nol's mouth went completely a gap at Raju's innuendo and for the first time since she had met him, Kellan saw his cheeks go flush. Nol spoke through his embarrassment, "I can't believe you would say something like that in front of Kellan!!"

Raju laughed and put her hand on Nol's shoulder, "Please cousin, you have been thinking it long before I ever said it."

Kellan could see he would tackle Raju to the ground and tickle her silly if they weren't in the Hall of Stars, his face was beet red with embarrassment and he whispered, "Somehow, someway I will see you back for that remark."

Raju smiled sweetly and stuck her tongue out at him, "Do you worst cousin, I am better at this than you."

Olwa was impressed with Pela's ability to move silently. When she told him not to worry about her endurance he smiled and nodded. They made their way through the night and finally around three in the morning they stopped. Pela could see that Olwa was tired, not from the walking but simply from being up so long. She reached to his face and touched his cheek. He spoke to her mind so as to keep things silent, ~ "I'll be fine, the Princes morning training regiment is just finally catching up with me. We will travel until dawn and find a place to sleep."

She smiled and nodded her head as he reached up and touched her pale cheek. She could see all the love in the world reflected in his eyes and he nodded with a warm smile in return. Taking her hand they disappeared into the night putting as many kilometers between themselves and Silvanost as they could.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Kellan narrowed her gaze as she listened to Raju. She didn’t know all that much about the way a spell was put together but she understood magic much more now than she did prior to meeting Nol. As Raju explained the process it didn’t sound all that bad.

As Raju made the statement about Nol, Kellan’s mouth dropped open about as much as his did. Kellan was floored by Raju’s bold words but as she saw the affect on Nol, she couldn’t’ help but start laughing. Raju was doing nothing more than telling the truth. While it may have been in a brutally honest way, it was still the truth and all three of them knew it.

As the cousins started exchanging barbs again, Kellan composed herself and cleared her throat. When she had both of their attention again, she looked from one to the other.

”I am truly honored that such a gift is being offered to me. And before I make my decision, I need to know something.”

Her light brown eyes settled on Nol’s handsome face then. Her voice dipped to almost a whisper. The impact of the type of gift she was being offered was settling into her now, fully, and her eyes misted with tears she blinked to hold back.

”Why am I being offered such a gift? I have done nothing special to deserve such an honor bestowed on me from the Dragons.”

She tore her gaze away from Nol then and let it settle on Raju.

"And is there any pain you will suffer? Taking blood is one thing but taking a piece of your heart....."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Finally when Kellan had refocused their attention Raju stepped closer to Kellan and spoke, "Neigh, there will be no pain, it is done magically in such a manner as to cause no discomfort. As for the why of it..."

Nol interrupted as Raju did her best to act annoyed, "You were chosen for this honor because for the first time in hundreds of years a human with a true love for dragons has come forward. In your time on the island your every movement was watched. Every decision was recorded and observed, and in every action you took you showed that you have a true love and passion for our kind. Diligently you studied our ways, completely you gave your mind to studying who and what we are. Nobody could pull you away from any book on our history or customs that you were reading, and on the occasions you answered the High Bornes summons you showed up, were attentive, asked real questions and never once showed a single ounce of fear. Though your heart was born in a human body, it belongs in a dragons. As Raju stated, this is the highest honor we dragons can give a mortal, and it this will be the third time in Krynn's history it has been given. Even Huma was not offered this gift. Nobody will know, in fact it will be kept a closely guarded secret. You will know who the other two are after the ceremony, one has chosen to live on the Mist Isle's, the other...," Nol smiled and there was the slightest twinkle in his eye, "...The other you have already known for some time."

Kellan's eyes went wide and she looked at Nol. He could see the wheels immediately beginning to turn as to who it was, who did she know who already had this gift from the Dragons. He watched her eyes darting across the faces of those whom she knew, those that remained. Finally she settled on Ceridwyn and paused, turning and looking back at Nol with an expression that was part curiosity but mostly knowing. He smiled warmly and spoke, "Your insight and intelligence are a credit to you, but as I said it can never be revealed. If there was knowledge given to the rest of mortal kind that this kind of magic exists it could spark wars and genocide. This magic is one or most highly guarded secrets. You will be able to discuss it with her after the ceremony, but not before, even her new life mate Aeolis can't and never will know. It is no coincidence that Ceri's origins and records of birth haven't been seen and wild speculation exists about her age... she has been around well over a thousand years. Though today is a celebration I am sure she is pained with the deep knowledge that she will live only to eventually see her Aeolis die."

Nol looked at Raju and smiled, "There cousin, now she knows, now she must rest, and tomorrow we will send word to the High Borne regarding her decision."

He turned and looked at Kellan, smiling warmly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next