Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos

Go down 
+2
SinTara
Tiphereth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Alter Egos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Just to clarify what RPM asked earlier, are Morgan, Ayana, Kekoa, and Wraith back at Green Street Base now or are they still down in the sewer tunnels?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:30 pm

They are still in the sewers.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Tiph, do you want to write the hawk in when it's time or do you want to? And, when would be a good time to do so if you want me to write her in?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:30 am

I'll take care of the "Spirit Hawk Message' when its appropriate, Sin. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 am

I believe there is something we must establish in Heroes.

It should be apparent to every one participating in this most popular story line at the Bridge that it is based upon 'Super Heroes' and we have to remain true to the nature that the name implies. I realize that our characters are not black and white and we may take our liberties in portraying them as we see fit, so long as we adhere to the characteristics that we assign them. Obviously our own moods from day to day are going to influence their behavior, but please always try and have stay in character as much as possible. I am, however, digressing from the actually point I am trying to make.

Playing a Villain is challenging in a story line dominated by Heroes and one has to realize that when a writer of Villain chooses to openly engage in combat with the writer of a Hero that we should first assume that it is not a battle royal. Combat, even if it appears spontaneous is well thought out, and any other characters thrown into the mix greatly throws off the battle.

First, when a fight is occurring, we have to remember that all their moves are happening incredibly fast. One does not simply drive by, and stroll into the fight. Realistically, a person who moves at normal speed would see the fight occurring then have to realize that by the time they make it over there just how much of the fight would actually transpire. The fight could be over by the time they run the twenty paces or so.

Secondly when a fight is occurring please ask the writers involved if your character can participate. This is one of those situations where we should give a PM just find out what the writers have in mind. A fight between rivals is a personal thing and in the true spirit of Heroes comic book nature, fights SHOULD be one on one, unless the mechanics of the battle have been predetermined and everyone is agreement.

I am proposing this not stating it. I do not want to dictate but this is a motion I would like to debate and hopefully all agree upon it in some form or another. I have not presented this to hinder but to ensure that the collaborative efforts of a few writers is not destroyed by a single post which may be contradictory to the story line.

Please add your own thoughts, so that we may all come to an agreement.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:38 am

I agree with Tiph, and could not have stated it better. By leaving it a one on one, without others randomly jumping in, it stops the potential for a heroe or villian from having to make unrealistic moves to counter multiple agressors. That is unless it was planned out before or agreed to by all parties involved. I realize that we are dealing with super beings here that do have super powers and some fantastic situations will occurr. But even in good super hero / vilian stories there are limits to the character's abliities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:08 am

Very well stated, Tiph.

It goes without saying that we all want our characters abilities to shine at some point or other but remember, you'll get that chance sooner than you realize.

Also remember, we can't call damage on another charcter unless the writer gives express consent to you via PM or OOC forum. YOu can put the INTENDED effect you want your actions to have on the other character but you CANNOT call damage. That is completely up to the other writer.

On that same note, if you are the one being attacked, remember that your character is NOT infallable. Damage WILL occur in aggressive confrontations. There is no "sudden miracle move" that will allow your character to go unscathed. That is God Moding. And if you suddenly have a device or object that allows you to block a shot or make an unbelievable move, that's Mary Sue.

Neither are condoned at this site.

Keep it believable, folks. Even Wolverine has his weaknesses and takes some incredible hits that knock him for a loop.

If you want to join in a fight, ASK FIRST. If it's a one on one, let it remain one on one and just watch from the side lines. As difficult as that may be, it's what is required of you from time to time.

If you aren't sure, put a post in the OOC thread or send a PM to ALL writers involved to see if you can join in to find out for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:02 am

Good. I would like Kasai and Sin to weigh in, with a comment or two and then, I believe we should etch the combat rule in stone, so-to-speak.

Writer on Writer Combat - 'Ask before your character enters the fray'.

This is of course does not apply to characters battling NPC's, unless those 'NPC' characters appear to be minor characters. In such cases the writer should let everyone know if they are expendable or not. A little bit of planning can avoid a traffic jam in the posts.

Well said, by the way, RPM. We have to realize that combat is give and take:

For example:

Chuck:
Chuck Norris wiped the blood from his mouth and cursed. He then lead with a vicious left to Panther's nose. Not believing that he would land the blow he was already following it up with a deadly front kick to the big man's abdomen.

Panther:
Panther was seasoned fighter and easily avoided the lagging jab and had anticipated the feign. As Chuck lashed out with his kick, he side stepped and spun his large elbow in the smaller man's face. He knew he was leaving himself prone by exposing his back, but with Chuck already moving into the blow he didn't think he could miss.

Chuck:
Chuck made a split second reaction, unfortunately he had not anticipated Panther's move and the only way he could avoid the strike was to fall to the ground, leaving himself at a disadvantage.

In the first attack, the writer could have wrote in that Chuck was anticipating a specific counter attack, then the other writer could have complied with that or worked around it. Obviously this could become an endless cycle if neither writer is going to believably yield to the attacks of the other, BUT, there comes a time where LUCKY moves get annoying and unrealistic. When that happens someone will step in and let make you aware of this unacceptable behaviour.

This is an example of 'role playing' style combat but writers can arrange what ever style they wish. These behind the scenes agreements are another reason why other writers cannot just throw their characters into the melee. If two writers have already set the ground rules then someone else jumping in who does not observe those parameters set will just create mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:30 am

Also everyone will find these rules in Tyr's Laws of the Bridge. There is a disclaimer that states, that all members of this site are considered to be familiar with them.

The Writer on Writer combat rule will be added to the existing rules as a reminder to existing and future members to simply ask to enter a situation where two or more writers have their characters engaged in battle.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:29 pm

I agree and point taken. I see now where I messed up and you all have my apologies. I will see to it that Allie simply remain where she is and not get involved at all. Very Happy Sorry everyone.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Quite alright, Sin. This is how we all learn the ropes of this sort of writing. Trust me, we were ALL in your shoes at one point and it was through this sort of discussion we learned and were able to move on to become bettere writers. Just as we see you are evolving into an excellent writer.

Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Embarassed thank you, RPM. I appreciate you saying that I have improved. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, like when I make stupid mistakes like this one. But, thank you all the same for the encouraging words. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:21 pm

They aren't stupid mistakes, hon. It's out nature to want to help out. In these sort of situations, it's the one tiome we have to ignore our natural instincts, no matter how much they scream at us to act.

LOL

No worries, Sin. We're all good here.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Tiph, just so I'm clear on what was done with Morgan, what kind of surgery did Toril do on Morgan? And, I know how Demerol affects me, it makes me really, really loopy but doesn't necessarily knock me out. How long should Morgan be out for?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:34 pm

The Demoral was just to prolong her initial unconscious. She is also recovering from anesthetic. I wrote in the post how long she would be out for.

The surgery or repairs are whatever you feel was necessary. I was under the assumption that she still might have had a bullet within her, but if not then I guess Toril just did a thorough patch job and the administered antibiotics along with some other medications. I am not getting too specific with the medical jargon. He also did some standard tests. He knows roughly when she should be coming to, so when Morgan does come around someone, if not Toril will be present.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 pm

I am getting to this WAAAY late but I wanted to give my kudos to Tiph and agreement to the terms and to remind Sin: No Worries! Everyone is a student of something until the day we die. alien
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:08 am

Thanks Kasai. I am glad you approve. Wink

So just to fill people on my current story line. I am just building on to the death of Silicon Surfer and also indirectly setting the stage for Apex Fusion. A guy like him just doesn't jump into the story with a "Hi, I'm the ultimate evil bad guy. Fear me!". I figure though there are enough things going on right now that I can slowly simmer the soup.

I like it that Amazon's story also over laps, the Apex story as well, as it was alluded to long ago that they have had their battles. Eventually Surge re-enter the story and eventually all the Escapees from the Detention Centre will also become more prominent.

It was nice to see Yelena riding off into the west. Even though she's headed for a vacation I'll just remind you that FBI Agent Mitchell who discovered that Wrangler/Cowboy is indeed Tim Rutherford will be heading back to Arnette to investigate his ranch. I don't know if Yelena is up for an adventure but that would be a fun and pretty much solo story line. Something short.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 am

LOL

I remembered that. Rather or not she actually reaches it to Texas remains to be seen, but she is certainly headed in that direction. A side story is in the developing stages with the new character Nicholai and eventually their paths will cross but not for a while yet.

Amazon, just for every ones FYI, is a rogue meta. She does what she wants for her own benfits and not for some "all for one and one for all" group, good or bad. In a sense, she is neutral chaotic. She helped Toril but obviously she didn't do it to be charitable. Just like she's had her run ins with Apex, there have been times when she has done something to help him and vice versa. Although she dislikes him simply because his ability allows him to mimic her own abilities and give her a run for her money. And the fact he doesn't care if innocent people get hurt or not. That's where she draws the line. The only time she engages others, meta or human, is when she has no other choice and she reverts to violence as a last resort.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 am

Cool. Yeah, Amazon is a good 'chaotic' style character.

When it seems appropriate I'll send Agent Mitchell to check out Tim's house, but there's a few other things I'd like to have in place and see happen before that. I have to get Toril's life in order under his new name, Devon Gale, and he has a job interview coming up.... oh, I am soooo nervous... or rather he is Smile
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:25 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Is it okay to assume that 2 to 3 hours have passed since Wraith and the others returned to the base? Don't want to post for Morgan and be way ahead of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Usually we wait for other writers to post in succession. Time hear is not linear, so Morgan's situation cannot be gauged by other posts. If thing really seem to be progressing beyond then we discuss in OOC and then catch up. Sometimes characters get left in limbo for a while. That's just the way it is.

Wraith had some other things he was going to do and discuss prior to Morgan waking up. I had to establish is research on her but it's no worries. I'll post as soon as I can and toss Wraith in the hospital room for a bit, or if you wish you can pull some other character in there to deal with Morgan's awakening. I wasn't ready just yet to play doctor again, but I'll see what I can whip up.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Okay, that's fine. Take your time and I'll have Snap Dragon come in to check on her. I'll watch your posts and maybe send Snap to get you once Wraith is done doing what he had to do.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:16 pm

That's good. Usually if you want to move out of sync, you have to utilize your own characters, although it's not a good habit to get into. Sometimes, you just have to wait your turn.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:16 pm

understood
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next