Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED

Go down 
+6
Kynnzak
Tiphereth
KasaiYoukai
Admin
Lac'Nal
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 pm

I'll get some images of the shapes Yelena will be using ready for when the time comes. Not exactly sure how I'm going to have her infiltrate the place but I'm sure I'll throw SOMETHING together. After all, she can make herself easily hidden. It's the ID bracelet thing she wil have issues with if she's to act like a RAID operative. However, there are other ways she can infiltrate their ranks. Not all that easy, but it CAN Be done...at least for a short period.

rubs hands together

This is gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Well, given my highly stereotypical view of the United States of Craperia... Or what was the name of that continent again? I forget... But luckily its an unimportant detail.

Ahem... Anyway.

Your movies tell me you have a governmental agency for about anything and so I fantasized RAID into our little fictional reality. Also in case someone forgot, RAID stands for Riggs Act Investigation and Detention, they don't exactly boss around the FBI, but they do whenever the feds have gotten their grubby hands on a meta that has been classified by RAID as too damn dangerous to go without their specialized supervision. Their primary objective is to keep these dangerous individuals locked up and learn what makes their powers tick while they're at it. Not like RAID wouldn't want to branch out and get into the more direct hunting down of metas, but in most situations this is still up to local Riggs Act enforcers.

But hey, once the heroes start messing with RAID, I'm sure they'd gladly make an exception for them. They'll find a loop hole, or some such... Oh yes they will...

Beware, those who venture to save Di Vine. Beware.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Excellent *tents fingers*

Socks as you know I am planning on posting a little write up about Beacon in the 'Heroes, Villains and the Law', post. Would you like to do a little R.A.I.D. write up to keep us all on the same page.

The way I see it, Beacon would be the number one threat that RAID exists to destroy, and yet they are most likely controlled by people who walk in the same circles, since Beacon is a secret meta-human organization controlled by very high ranking government officials (hidden meta-humans).
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Work has been nuts so I am apparently getting to this thread a little too late... but I should have mentioned earlier anyway that it is likely Beacon would know about and/or even have worked with Zoe and Cassius since they are basically an underground railroad for Riggs Act violators. If there is still a way to work that in, cool, if not... well... we can think up a good reason for why they aren't in cahoots alien
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Well I'll let you in on a little sub-plot then, and this would attribute to Zoe's paranoia.

Her power would be highly sought after, and Beacon even though they fight for meta-humans, are an organization that will use any means they deem necessary to further their cause. This includes utilizing the power of meta-humans for their personal agendas whether that person wants to or not.

Zoe is probably aware of this.

Beacon actually wants to gain access of her, so part of their agenda, aside from helping DiVinne is to capture Zoe. They truly just want to prevent RAID from getting a hold of DiVinne, even were he killed in the process it would suit their needs.

You just can't trust the government, in whatever form they take.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Leave it to you to have that covered xD Sounds awesome then!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Socks.

Please feel free to take the lead in the story line, should you have (and you always seem to) an interesting scene to add. As long, as Di Vine, is still scheduled to be moved the next day anything can transpire.

Should you envision things running a little different then toss in a different a path to follow... just to make things tougher than they already are... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey, if that's what you want, I've got an idea

Muhuhuhahaha.... ha?

Well, you might not laugh when you figure it out, but all the more reason for me to laugh it up.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Nice... or maybe not, nice? Na, it's all good. Since there is an established route right now, adding some bends and twists to it, would just make everything all the more fun and inspiring, so long as we are able to find our way through. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:39 pm

I realize the heroes are aware of the transport, but despite that. Perhaps they don't know when? And they'll pop in to humor Henkel and Jameson?

At the very least it'd be fun... You know you want to!

If not, well, those two are used to failing miserably anyway. But one thing they won't, and that'd be; giving up.

Come on! Henkel talks to his hand! Have pity on the poor soul.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:46 pm

That sounds good to me. The graphics are there, and I am interested and seeing what the FBI are up to? We do need more action in the immediate hospital setting so I think it would really help the story.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:12 am

More action?

What? Those two fools bungling around and who knows how many heavy armed RAID forces isn't enough for you?

Well, alright, I think I can manage to have the idiots do some more damage and prepare for what is to come.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Well there are these few things to consider:

- The rescue of a man recovering from burns who has an infection. Do any of the characters have enough medical knowledge to deal with that? I know that Toril, as a geneticist and a researcher, might have some idea of administering anti-biotics, but it wouldn't go much further than that.

- The knowledge of the 'Healing Man' might be some information that would benefit the characters. But how would they learn of it?

The hospital scene completely necessary to prepare the characters for their rescue attempt, and it might go beyond just learning when he is being moved.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:42 pm

I think we have the hospital covered at this point.

None of my guys are any good with medical nonsense, though I'm sure Void might be able to conjure up any helpful items they might need.

I suppose if someone goes to scout they'd have to overhear some talk about the healing man. Only Cowboy and Yelena are going to be familiar with 'Healing Man' Jake (and I guess Zoe might be somewhat familiar with him, but I'm pretty sure she was staying behind anyway). Given the right kind of information they'll be able piece together it is most likely him.

Or maybe its not him at all, but they might think so anyway. The characteristic of healing blood might not be unique after all.

But despite it all, Zoe might be able to hook us up with a doctor or something.

Or that creepy midget with the robot?

Creepy midget... Makes me think about Jonas Venture Jr...
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Zoe could most certainly hook you up with someone... if you want, I have a couple of doctory/healy characters in my arsenal I could give a cameo.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Well then we have our bases covered! Di Vine is in a chamber so that will protect him until he can be taken to a doctor.

I haven't had the chance to read about the FBI yet, looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:26 pm

I wonder if the chamber is a problem for when he "needs" his surgery.

But I'm sure there's a way to operate even while he's in there, or they can take him out for a brief period?

Details really though.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 360px-HBO_Chamber2008

Initially, HBOT was developed as a treatment for diving disorders involving bubbles of gas in the tissues, such as decompression sickness and gas embolism. The chamber cures decompression sickness and gas embolism by increasing pressure, reducing the size of the gas bubbles and improving the transport of blood to downstream tissues. The high concentrations of oxygen in the tissues are beneficial in keeping oxygen-starved tissues alive, and have the effect of removing the nitrogen from the bubble, making it smaller until it consists only of oxygen which is then re-absorbed into the body. After elimination of bubbles, the pressure is gradually reduced back to atmospheric levels.

They are also used for treating burns and skin grafts.

I am not sure where Di Vine was precisely in his recovery. Is he being treated for burns or has he already had the skin grafting? Either way he can be removed from the chamber, it's use just speeds up recovery, but it is not really necessary. It's just that if he receiving I.V. fluids, and antibiotic, they are most likely being administered by a unit that will be attached to the chamber for convenience.

If possible it would be in the best interests of Di Vine to keep him in the chamber but he could be removed if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Boy, I'm not at all sure the heroes are going to succeed in rescuing Di Vine.

Too bad, Socks! Hahahahah.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:23 pm

This will be fun... gotta put on our thinking caps.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:37 am

Well, its a pretty neat trap, even if I do say so myself. Despite being a moron, Henkel did the planning part pretty well.

But in return you get a convoy with an ambulance and one which I'd suspect is a bit less well defended because they have to leave several vehicles behind to give the impression the convoy is waiting for the armored transport back at the hospital. But the baddies should have a headstart and, who knows how we'll all manage to get out of the hospital.

But it seemed fun to me.

Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:53 am

That is an excellent trap! I really love the way you presented it.

Nice introductory post Kynnzak! Interesting you put Vacily in his uniform, he is usually not so official but I like it! And I was wondering about the Surge name, but he would definitely use the name when in the company of other 'Beacon' types. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:58 am

There!

A little RAID write up, just for you fine folks.

Where's that Beacon write up anyway!? Huh!?

*Mumble grumble*
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Grumble and ye shall receive. Twisted Evil

It is just a general over view. The organization is so wide spread that people can just let their imaginations go. The general theme, though, is 'maintaining anonymity', Beacon's survival relies on being covert, which is why they generally act through operatives that receive their orders on a need-to-know basis.

For example, Wraith, is basically an expendable pawn. He is given an assignment and follows his directive, but aside from that he has no other information that can expose the works. Even though he knows the real name of Surge, because he worked with him, their connections are still not concrete enough to expose Beacon... at least not after some high priced lawyers get into the mix or Beacon starts to make people disappear.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:56 pm

They seem a bit... over the top, not?

They sound like they can do whatever they want, whenever they want.

They should simply be ruling the world, by the sounds of it.

Seems a bit lame to me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next