Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 11 - Shattered

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Dietrich_zps57091a19

Dietrich shook his head as she said he had more important things. "This war machine does not live." As he patted the haft of the might axe resting next to him as he sighed a little unused to such proximity with people without screaming curses and anger it had been a long time since he had been 'civilized' he looked to her shivering as he said little she had a thoughtful stern face and he guessed he should let her finish the thought as he reached into a square pouch of his weapons harness pulling the tightly bound leather journal the pen shoved into the spine he rooted through the pages. Before slowly penning the days events into categories and moving between pages to catalog the information before long he stopped. Closing the book he slid out of his coat with a wince as it brushed burnt skin, she seemed hell bent staying out here as he rested the coat over her shoulders as he shrugged when she eyed him wondering if he had ulterior motive.

As he slowly continued to fill the book he couldn't take the silence for much longer. "So what did you do with your dagger today?" Wondering what had fueled the magic that had caused so much pain to the creature he had a grasp on magic due to his hate and job entailed as he looked to her wondering what the symbols she had carved used his magic came from Ancient Nordic blood magic and the rot making it have a use.

He tilted his head viewing her multicoloured eyes as always they did not tell lies and slowly he was beginning to catalog the colours to particular emotions though he found her gaze didn't waver from his cold greys that may have once been blue if not for the dulling of time upon him the Ancient Relic he was.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 The_li10"Everyone lives", she whispered. "Just do'na always wish tae." She kept her swirling eyes turned away from him, not even looking when he pulled out his journal. Only when he gently laid his heavy coat over her small shoulders did she look at him, questions in her gaze at why he would care enough to cover her shivering form. When he said nothing she turned back to the rain but couldn't stop from burying her nose into his coat and breathing in deeply, taking in his scent regardless of what it was. It was his.

At his question of her dagger, she didn't understand at first until she realized he was speaking about the patterns and the incantation she'd spoken. Her multicolored eyes stared into his gray ones as she shook her head. "I do'na know, Dietrich. I just....did it. I just knew how tae do it", she said confusion filling her voice and expressive eyes. Then she tugged at the coat, looking back at him then down at his wrapped hand.

"Ye are injured, Dietrich", she said reaching for his hand and lifting it to look at. Without thinking about it she brought it to her lips and kissed the bandages then blushed. "Sorry", she whispered but she didn't release his hand.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Dietrich missed her breathing her scent in as he filled the journal of everything and closed the book placing it back in the harness as she could not find find a reason for the latent power that had unleashed out of her blades. "We will have to train to find out what it is." He had barely finished the sentence when she took his hand he watched her kiss it as he didn't say anything for the longest time. "It was self done to allow the rot to coat my hand in an offensive matter." As he squeezed her hand softly in his bear like paw of a hand around her small one.

He couldn't help himself any longer smiling finding humour in the situation. "That was my sock you know I couldn't find an appropriate bandage to stem the bleeding." As he looked back down to the blood stained wrapping tilting her head he had to laugh a little running his other hand through his beard shaking his head a little. Maybe he was alive just like she had mentioned as he looked out across the rain shrugging. "Let's get some coffee and tea and see if anyone else is in need of help before we turn in for the night and pray the weather is good for the sending off." As he leaned in and gave a kiss to her cheek the beard bristling against her neck as she almost giggled as they walked into the cottage.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:54 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 The_li10Lilly did not remove her small hand from his much larger, injured one as he spoke to her, talking about them training to find out how she knew that binding spell and how she knew to carve the intricate patterns into the beast's lower legs at the same time she said the spell. Her heart felt a little lighter, hoping that he'd meant that he was the one who would help her. She was still snuggled into his large coat which all but engulfed her. She could simply disappear into his coat and no one would be the wiser.

At the mention that the 'bandage' she'd kissed on the hand still holding hers being his sock as well as seeing one of his rare smiles she gave a small chuckle. "Aye...well. Serves well as ye bandage, Dietrich. Sock or no', I would kiss it again if only to make yer hand feel a might better", she added softly. Only to giggle at the tickling of his beard against her neck at his kiss to her cheek. Her odd colored, swirling eyes were now swirling wildly with unchecked emotion as she walked back into the cottage with him, her hand still engulfed into his much larger hon.

Once inside the warmth, like Aurora had done, Lilly instantly started shivering to the point that she had to sit down lest she fall down. She hadn't realized just how chilled she'd become until the warmth from the cottage hit her, forcing her petite body to shiver violently trying to absorb as much heat as it possibly could and quickly. Her teeth began to chatter hard enough that it was amazing they didn't crack. She saw Dietrich cast her a worried gaze and tried to give him a small smile but failed miserably.

"IIIIIII wwwwilll bbbbbe okkkkkay, DDDDDiettttttrich", she stuttered out through chattering teeth. Asking her what she preferred Lily stuttered out coffee with cream and sugar only the amount of cream and sugar she wanted made her cup be a little coffee with her cream and sugar but it was hot and that was all she cared about right now.

She sloshed it.....all down the front of his coat as she tried to lift the cup to her lips but her hands shook so badly as did the rest of her body that she couldn't drink it. "SSSSSSorrry, DDDDDDietrich", she mumbled lowering her eyes, ashamed that she'd not been smart enough to come in from the rain and the end result had been ruining his coat.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 LQUnhE

After Carla helped with getting the mages into their beds, dry and comfortable, she came to find the people on television trying their best to report on the natural disaster of the century. Of course, she knew there was nothing natural about it, but they couldn’t know that. They showed a map of the epicenter, and true enough, that was where they had been not an hour ago, trying to prevent the death and destruction that followed Arawela’s revenge driven insanity. Much had happened she couldn’t fathom, the magic, she knew now it existed, but she would never understand it. But she knew they had fought and they had suffered.

She took off her coat and removed her holsters while she stood and watched with the others. The hastily assembled experts in the television studio fell over one another bickering, the seismologist clearly found it hard to do justice to the destructive power that had come from the earth to shatter a continent, leaving some religious nut job and some long-haired hippy to jump in and either blame it on blasphemy or global warming. The poor host threw professionalism out the window and attempted to reconcile the two by asking if the warming of the planet by human actions could be the cause for an angry deity's retribution, but neither accepted the premise and a clip of the 'facts' so far was started for the 3rd time in half an hour.

Carla couldn’t watch it any more, she went into the kitchen trying to get a kettle going and eventually took a plate with the tea and some cups and decided to go watch over Kimiko, Lexy and Lizzy. Maybe they’d awaken once the smell of fresh tea filled their nostrils. Of course, none of them did so instantly and so all she could do was pull up a chair and see to it none of them had any episodes or terrible nightmares or something…

Without Kimiko or Kain to help her understand what she could do to help, to understand her place in this world, she felt lost and powerless. She could do little but watch blankly as Kimiko’s chest gently rose and fell as she rested peacefully. By the time she had the clarity of mind to remember she had brought tea it was already stone cold, but all she could muster in response was a sigh.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:51 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 KimikoBanner

"No... you can't have him!"

"I can have him, there is nothing you can do about that."

Kimiko stared down the raven haired Druidess and focused. The magic exploded from her hands but passed harmlessly through Arawela. She brought up the severed head of Hibiki, showing it to Kimiko, and laughed, "You see? He is still dead, your magic is useless against me, there is nothing you can do but bow to my will."

Kimiko grit her teeth and fired again, the blast of heat was so intense it scorched the green grass on the ground below it, burning a line straight to Arawela who lifted her arms and allowed the spell to pass through her again.

"Mmmm, that was warm Kimiko, like the summer sun on my face." She dropped Hibiki's head and paced like a wild cat watching prey from a distance, looking for the right place to attack, "You see Kimiko, I am the most powerful Druidess on the planet, even taking the brother of the Great Gray, Kimiko. When will you tell them you have a thirst and motivation to see your brother avenged? As long as I walk the planet there will be a pebble in your beautiful silk slippers ..."

Kimiko had brought her hands up, she was going to fire another spell... but then her hands dropped and she looked up at Arawela, "There is no vengeance to be had, only balance."

Arawela laughed so loud she doubled over and then went to her knees, tears from her laughter landing on the grass and making the vegetation wither beneath it. She stood and looked at Kimiko, her face full of mocking, "What a noble, self proclaimed righteousness to pursue vindication on your personal loss Kimiko, I would never have thought one so accomplished and centered as yourself could also be so delightfully self-delusional."

She stepped forward and spoke, "But we both know the truth don't we my little Cherry Blossom, you would love nothing more than to see my slow, suffering destruction at your own hands. You hide it well, from those whom you have aligned and most importantly from yourself!" She paused and then stepped back, "How I DO love finding cracks in the armor, it is always so advantageous."

Kimiko screamed and everything faded to black...

Kimiko's face twitched slightly, catching Carla's attention, however she did little more, even her chest continued to rise and fall in slow, rhythmic patterns.

"She only needs time... they all do. The magic they used, well it's simply not commonplace, or in many instances even possible."

As Carla turned at the unfamiliar voice, one of the most kind face individuals she had ever seen was standing in the room. Based on his location it was hard to tell if he had just appeared, or if he had in fact used the door.

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 AidanBanner

With a smile so warm it seemed impossible to achieve he spoke in his thick British accent, "Greetings, I am Aidan. You must be Carla. Pardon me if I startled you, I came when we sensed that the three Wizards were unconscious. Elizabeth has told me much about you."

As Carla's face began to turn to further confusion he spoke again, "I was Elizabeth's Mentor and Master during her apprenticeship, and as a member of the Council of Light I also occasionally bent the ear of our other mutual friend Kimiko here, though my interactions with her are regrettably far less frequent than I would prefer, a devilishly bright woman she is."

He moved and sat despite the lack of invitation on the other side of the bed. Looking across at Carla she would feel a complete sense of ease in his presence, like an old friend who she had known as far back as she could remember was dropping in for a visit, "So Carla, if it is not too much trouble, could you tell me what happened to put our friends in this condition?"

Last edited by zinsk on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 EanBanner

Ean smiled at Aurora as she spoke and he spoke softly, "We must not seek revenge... my Squire," he winked playfully despite the pain in his heart over all that had transpired, "In all seriousness, we must be resolve to see that the right thing is done, and to not do so out of selfish, revengeful motivation... but with that said, it is going to be a battle unto itself to keep ourselves in the right frame of mind."

He sighed softly and spoke, "I do hope my sisters and Kimiko awaken soon, I am worried about them."

He looked down at Aurora and smiled, "Come, let's make some food for everyone, we could all do with a good meal and Lexy always keeps the pantries stocked for occasions such as these. Good food can at minimum lighten the mood."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Eba0k1

Kain knew enough to understand the basic premise of his family’s downfall and his eyes flickered open to find his foster father watching him. His eyes betrayed what he had learned; “That was quick.” His foster father thought, “Did you get all of it?”

“I got something…” Kain wasn’t sure how much, but he sure did get something.

“You barely closed your eyes, remember more.” Father said sternly.

“I got to the part about the syphon, I think I’m good.” Kain said, which quickly changed his father’s expression.

“Oh… Well, that should… That’s probably… Yeah…” He muttered as he got back on his feet, “I don’t want to know anything about it.” He added as he got on the move again.

Kain followed suit, “I won’t say more, I understand it is dangerous to know about it.”

“Well… The whispers about a syphon aren’t exactly news, though no one ever officially named it as such. Unbound artifact is as far as that went.”

“So I guess, it’s like ancient, forbidden magic, right?” Kain wondered, having no idea of the syphon’s origin.

“No one makes an unbound artifact, you can only shape it and give it purpose.”

“Isn’t that just a philosophical way of looking at making something?” Kain wondered. Just because something is ancient and powerful doesn’t mean it wasn’t forged with a healthy helping of blood, sweat, tears and magic.

“No, no, no. It has always existed, all the races ever did when they discovered them was mold them into tools and weapons through magic. But as far as we know their origin is not from this plane of existence and as such they do not respect the laws that hold our world together. Though after being shaped, they can be shattered and will lose their power, as has happened to pretty much every unbound artifact known to have ever existed, yours is an exception. For now.”

“You think it’s still out there… Somewhere?”

“That kind of news travels quickly. And there’s a reason mysterious Punkies suddenly appearing are often disappearing just as suddenly. Anyone suspected of being a relative of yours will quickly be tracked down. There’s not many Ephembers left unaccounted for. Luckily you were never on their radar, no one knew of a baby being born during the time your family was being hunted. No one but you, me and the woman who spared you, that is. But any unknown Punkie is suspicious and with an unbound artifact unaccounted for they get very thorough…”

“Yeah, I think I’m starting to see that…” Kain had a much better understanding of why  he was always told to not involve himself with the business of the races or his memories.

“OH GOOD LORD WHAT IS THAT THING!?” He suddenly yelped at the sight of a muddy face sticking out of the ground and looking back at him.

“Oh, we’re getting close.” His father said calmly, “It’s just a lost soul given physical form with dirt.”

That last part Kain could understand, the sad faces on these mounds of dirt and leaves did give him the impression of a lost soul, though why they were made out of soil and slowly drifting around in the forest he could not imagine. “IT’S A WHAT NOW!?”

“Calm down, don’t upset them.”

“THERE’S MORE!?” Kain kept shrieking while the pile of dirt kept its gaze ever on him.

“Shhhh! And yes, you should see this place when there’s a full moon, they come crawling all the way up to the farm then. Which is why none of the children are allowed outside after dark.”

That’s a new rule...

“Dolf started living in the forest a couple years after you left. These things are kind of his friends.”

“Wait, you’re taking me out to meet some guy who’s friends with the dead? I’m not liking the sound of this.”

“I’ve raised you better than that, not all necromancers need to be evil. Or at least I’m pretty sure Dolf is the only person in existence who is looking for you while not wanting to also kill you.”

“Oh sure, obviously a necromancer has no interest in seeing me dead!” Kain responded sarcastically.

“Look, he may not have told me much, but I know he came looking for you. He’s got some connection with your family. Which is a little bit suspicious, but he’s been here for years and he’s always expressed his concern for you, despite me not telling him anything about you. Sure, he’s weird and the whole dead souls thing may be creepy and I haven’t been able to find out what house he belongs to... Buuuut, aside from all that, I am sure he has not even the slightest intention to see you harmed. And I think you need someone who has your back while you help deal with the druids.”

“I’ve got friends that will watch my back, father.” Kain felt.

“Look, not every house actively took part in the eradication of your family. Plenty kept to the sidelines allowing others to do the dirty work. Or take the glory, depending on your view. These friends of yours may not stab you in the back themselves once they figure out who you are, but they will step aside and let someone else do it without a second thought. Don’t expect anything different from them.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Aurora10Aurora nodded to Ean about not seeking revenge, averting her eyes from his so he wouldn't see the hardness that was growing there. She knew it was her druidic blood that prompted her so strongly to seek revenge yet she was a sentinel and knew that Ean was right. Still, she'd felt the anger and rage inside of her not once but twice in less then twenty-four hours and it was a powerful thing to feel.

She followed him to the kitchen, quiet and deep in thought as she helped him prepare a large meal for everyone. Her thoughts in turmoil to the point that first she burned herself on the stove, leaving a large, scalding blister along the outside of her hand then slicing open tw fingers as she chopped up onion yet she made no sound to either to indicate she'd been injured. If one thought about it, it would seem as if she didn't feel either of them. Hopefully she was just so deep within her thoughts that they were overriding everything for now.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 LQUnhE

Carla wasn’t sure why, or even how, Aidan had shown up when he did, but he appeared to belong. Perhaps she should have learned since Johnny to be more suspicious, but at least this time she had a house full of allies downstairs, all of which would be pretty pissed if this guy tried to pull anything funny regarding the mages (and Carla).

And so she tried to tell the man what she knew. Their time in San Francisco and what happened at the fault specifically; the beast that attacked them, the betrayal, the sacrifice and ultimately the failure that lead to the mages over-exerting themselves in order for all of them to escape though they were unable to do anything for the many who perished as the continental plate shattered.

Really, though, Aidan should have gone and asked Ean or so, but Carla did what she could to tell the story even if she lacked the right words and imagery of someone a little more experienced in these matters. But she was glad she got some company and could get the experience off her chest, but in the end all she cared about was when they’d wake back up again.

“How much longer do you think they’ll keep on sleeping?” She asked after a brief pause following her explanation of what had transpired.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm

The swirl of emotions it was almost laugh inducing the depiction of emotions on her eyes as they swirled in torrents of mixed colours ad they walked in. He stopped at the window wondering if it was a persistent wood pecker then realised it was Lily casting a concerned glance.

"Don't talk, you're just asking to bite your tongue." Though he took her order for coffee with cream and sugar he slid to the kitchen to salvage a coffee from the unknown kitchen. He caught Carla at the kitchen as she seemed in her own world he would have offered words of approval for today but the mood within the kitchen was strained with tension he let it be she finished with her tea. Years of practice and coffee still tasted like water and ash to him but it was warm as he felt his fingers fire up and complain at the rapid change of temperatures as he carried the mugs of coffee they were well made but it wasn't to his tastes but the benefits couldn't be denied as he rested the coffee with her.

Dietrich tried his best not to laugh as the time passed and she gave the most concentration she could to the shaking saucer, he almost counted the seconds before finally her shaking fingers caused a large amount to drop on his coat shaking his head with a smile. "It's quite alright just hold the cup and get warm it will need cleaning cause of what happened today." As he leaned back in the chair hearing movement seeing Ean and Aurora head to the kitchen his gaze went cold.

~Who was talking with Carla upstairs the others would still be passed out currently.~

He pushed his huge form up from the chair placing the cup down the Rot beneath his skin began to shake and shiver what had seemed as Nordic tattoos across his arms and chest had infact been Rot arranged in a conspicuous manner under the skin for onlookers as he picked up his weapon harness he had taken off to sit in the chair comfortably he left his battleaxe leaning against the back of the chair though he need not alarm her too much. "I'm Gonna see what's cooking be back soon." Winking to her as he lumbered across the room when he stepped out the door she watched him move towards the rooms rather than the kitchen in a quiet manner that betrayed his huge forms mass and a sinister intention almost.

A man? This was all about he could sum up as he approached up the hallway, he heard no threat in the voice as it spoke to Carla and she explained what happened. Dietrich filled the doorway not stepping in as his nose twitched and the rot began to shiver at the sensation of knowing what was sat in the room another power for 'good' seemed they would be truly outnumbered. Dietrich was behind Carla eyeing the 'prey' momentarily but Carla turning caved Dietrich's malice as he wondered why he was squeezing the hatchets handle till his knuckles were white at this unidentified person coughing lightly breaking the 'trance' he gave them both the news.

"Food seems likely to be ready soon they seem to be cooking a feast." He turned from the room a mutter under his breath as he scratched the beard letting go of the hatchet in the hall moving back to his water and ash beverage as he let his nose think for him on what could possibly be cooking his stomach growling they hadn't eaten in some time and not to boast but a man of his size certainly did enjoy his food chuckling at how much he would eat.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Ean went over to Aurora when he saw her burn herself, but she seemed to be shrugging it off, and wouldn't turn to face him. He understood, she was always trying to show herself brave and strong, and she was, he knew that... it was something else, like she was constantly trying to prove it to herself. He sighed softly, how much more attractive if she showed a hint of vulnerability every now and then, at least then he could show he would be capable of being her hero. He let it go however, they had all been through a lot, and he also knew that though she had not said a word it was the arrows she fired which were ultimately the catalyst that set off the spell, the one that cracked the earth.

He had turned to say something to her when Dietrich returned and spoke to Ean about a man up in Kimiko's room, talking to Carla. Ean looked at Aurora, exchanging concerned glances and then spoke to Dietrich, "I will check on it, if you hear ANYTHING, come with everything you have."

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 AidanBanner

Aidan was about to answer when the door was suddenly filled from top to bottom and from side to side with a massive man, clearly from the Northlands. He barely fussed over the presence of the man, even though the smell of rot was all over him. Aidan was not impulsive, and Elizabeth had mentioned that there was a Norseman among their ranks, and as much as he trusted Elizabeth he extended the same to her chosen companions. Aidan looked at him and smiled pleasantly, with a nod he spoke in his thick English accent, "Thank you my friend, if you don't mind we will finish our conversation and be down momentarily."

As Zack turned and left, Aidan turned to look at Carla and spoke, "Dietrich?"

She nodded, with a slight crinkle around her eyebrows and Aidan smiled, "Elizabeth has told me all about the lot of you."

Aidan had listened intently to everything she had said prior to Dietrich's arrival, and he was obviously and intensely interested in every word she uttered, in fact it might have been the most attentive any other person had ever listened to her. He leaned back in his chair and said nothing for several minutes, even after she asked her question about them sleeping. She would be able to tell it wasn't to be rude, he clearly didn't have answers to offer immediately. Finally he looked at her and smiled warmly, leaning forward again and spoke, "Dearest Carla, unfortunately these sorts of things take time, and no one really knows. It is all based on the physical strength of the person, as well as the exertion of magic's draining effects upon them. What I can tell you is that these three ladies are strong, and we are no concerned if they won't recover, in fact I would offer that they have quite a good chance, maybe even of waking up soon."

He smiled again and stood, looking at her with kind eyes. He extended his hand in a gesture to help her stand and spoke, "Come, you are in need of nourishment, I would wager you all are, and whatever is being cooked down there smells delicious."

She was hesitant, he could tell, and he smiled all the more, "I know you are being bounced all over, not knowing who to trust, and there is nothing I can do to hasten the trust between us, but I assure you that right now, in this room and in this moment, I am only requesting to escort you downstairs for a hot meal. This being the MacGregors home I think it is safe to say that when we get downstairs if I am unwelcome Ean will see to it that I am walloped."

With a smile that didn't seem like it could get any wide, Carla finally took his hand and he helped her stand. With one last look at Kimiko he looked at Carla, "For what it's worth, I believe your friend here is going to be just fine and recover completely in the end."

He gestured and then walked with Carla downstairs.

Ean was coming around the corner to go up the stairs when Carla came around the wall and was almost knocked over by his fast paced walk, "Carla! Who is..."

Aidan stepped around the corner as well and smiled at Ean, "Ean MacGregor, so glad to see you again." Extending his hand Aidan's face brightened at seeing the massive Scotsman.

"Master Aidan!" Ean smiled warmly and embraced him, patting him on the back. Aidan coughed as the impact of the warriors hand impacted his ribs and he laughed, "Clearly you aren't weakening in your training."

Ean blushed and spoke, "I apologize Master Aidan, I just don't get to see you that often."

Aidan smiled and nodded, "Yes, yes... regrettable on many fronts that we don't get to see one another all that often."

Aurora had come out of the kitchen and clearly recognized him from her time in York and came quickly over to him. Aidan took her embrace, her arms were coming out to hug him and though he wouldn't normally be so fast to do so, especially with the woman being betrothed, he accepted her embrace and spoke, "It is good to see you Aurora, I am glad you are back safely."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Eba0k1

Kain wasn’t particularly keen on his father’s point of view, but he knew more about the workings of the races than him, so perhaps he should be careful and follow his advice. Though he had to wonder in how far this guy camping out in the woods where he grew up was supposed to be much of a relief.
By now there were quite a lot of these muddy husks skulking about. They kept staring at them as they walked with their sad hollow eyes and mouths that looked like they were wailing, though no sound came out. It made him wonder, he couldn’t trust the people he actually liked, but this guy was real BFF material, huh, dad?

Then, they reached a bit of rise and as they climbed it a plume of smoke came into view and the soft crackle of a camp fire could be heard. Before a shanty made out of twigs and covered in some old and tattered sheets of black plastic there sat a small heap covered in a dirty brown cloak. The moment he noticed them coming over the ridge he jumped onto his feet, no longer interested in the cooked rodent he was quietly nibbling on, but instead had only eyes for them.

“Friend Alexander!” He joyfully squeed over and over. Though he had sat folded by the fire into a tiny package his limbs were clearly long and slim now that he was upright. His skin was spotty and dull showing severe aging while his skin remained oddly tightly wrapped around his bony structure with little in the way of wrinkles.

“You brought a little friend!” He noted as he approached, “A children to see your forest neighbor?” He asked with an odd accent. Clearly the fellow was a bit touched.

“Ah! No! No! Not children! Punkie!” He soon realized and while his father smiled warmly Kain could only smile awkwardly. “Welcome Punkie, Dolf always waiting for Punkie. Punkie hard to find!”

“That’s nice…” Kain replied while Dolf sort of danced in front of him, seemingly examining him.

“Kain came for a visit after being far from home for a long time,” Alexander said, “I thought this was a good time to introduce you to each other.”

“Happy! Happy!” Dolf said and clapped. All the while the possessed piles of mud were slowly gathering around them.

“So, uh… Dolf, these are your friends?” Kain decided to ask.

“Yes, friends, many friends. Dead friends.” Dolf said, clearly less happy now that he was reminded, “But Punkie stopped death!”

“See?” Father said, “Your family helped the guy out at some point or another, he’s probably been dying to try and return the favor somehow.”

“You sure about that?” Kain wondered and then turned to Dolf, “You’re not in trouble are you?”

Dolf turned his head sideways like a confused dog trying to comprehend its master’s orders.

“Somebody trying to hurt you or your friends, maybe?” Dolf’s head turned even further, begging the question if a neck should really bend that far, “I’m alone and I can’t save you.”

“No…?” Dolf eventually said, “Happy to meet Punkie!” He then happily exclaimed and returned to swaying enthusiastically.

“Yeah, alright, great to meet you too.” Kain said and exchanged glances with his father.

“I am glad you two could meet,” Father said, “But I’m afraid I’m no longer capable of burning the midnight oil. We should head back to the farm.”

“Yeah, absolutely. Father needs his rest. I told you, these forest walks are no joke, father.”

“Alexander can sleep here!” Dolf thought, pointing at the collection of dry grass piled within the black plastic tent.

“I’ll get him home and in bed, Dolf, don’t worry.” Kain assured him, though seemingly a wall of souls was forming in the direction of the farm.

“I’d sleep better in my own bed.” Alexander said and smiled kindly.

“Ah, warm bed of cloth! Yes! Yes!” And as Dolf agreed the souls drifted apart leaving enough space for Kain and his father to weave past without having to disturb them. They looked harmless enough, but neither one of them really wanted to risk disturbing them. Besides, they looked tormented enough already, they didn’t need additional abuse. And while they headed back the muddy piles with faces seemed to slowly drift after them, but eventually they had left them all behind and Kain felt a lot better for it.

“That guy is supposed to have my back?” Kain questioned his father’s judgment.

“I know he’s weird, Kain, but clearly he’s a powerful eclipse with a debt to your family.” Father believed, “You might be able to remember what your family did for him if you tried. It might have something to do with his peculiarities, or maybe it’s just because he’s very old and a bit, well… demented. You know magics can have strange effects on people over time.”

“Maybe… But I’m not sure I want him tagging along, either way.”

“I don’t think you’ve got much of a choice. If I’m any judge of character, he’s going to keep following you, whether you like it or not. Like a protective shadow, you know.”

“Or a very creepy stalker, you mean?”

Father sighed, “Your safety comes with a price.”

“Jee, thanks, father…”

Last edited by Kutsu Shita on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 9:53 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Aurora10Aurora could feel Ean....could feel his concern over her yet she couldn't bring herself to talk to him about what was slowly destroying her deep inside. She knew that it was her arrows that finalized the spell. She felt that it was she and she alone who had caused all of those innocent people to suffer and die. She was slowly dying inside. But how she wanted Ean's arms around her. Ached for the chance to just break down and hide for a short time within the shelter of Ean himself. But she wouldn't allow herself that luxury. What luxury did those people have when the Earth cracked and swallowed them whole? No, she couldn't allow herself to have Ean's comfort. She didn't deserve it. She felt that she was no longer worthy of it. So she suffered the burn and the cuts in silence even as the skin blistered and then juice from onion made the cuts to her fingers burn.

She heard Ean speaking to someone and could tell from his tone that he was pleased at whomever it was so she followed him. Seeing Master Aidan, her dark eyes turned darker as she wondered if she were to be judged for giving Arawela the means to finish the spell for the fault line, yet she could't stop herself from giving the wise and kind man a friendly embrace as all she could do was nod to him when he expressed that he was glad to see her back safely.

"I am sure the two of you have much to discuss. I will finish preparing the meal", she said turning and heading back into the kitchen after giving Carla a small smile. Beau was sitting next to Ean, looking up at him, his wise, amber eyes filled with worry as he looked from Ean to Aurora's retreating back then back to Ean. Finally, he gave a snort of aggravation and padded off to head outside to relieve himself.

In the kitchen, Aurora finished the meal, and placed it into the oven to cook then stood at the sink looking towards the training stables. She knew Erebus' body still lay within waiting to be placed among Ean's warrior ancestors. She looked down into the sink, her hands gripping he edges of the counter so hard she felt her nails break off to the quick, felt the harsh pain yet she didnt make a sound. She fought back the tears that threatened to fall, frighened that if she let them begin they would never stop. Frightened that if she gave into the tears the crack she could feel to her spirit would widen until she was broken in two. Yet they came anyway. She watched quietly as her crystal tears dripped into the porcelain sink, falling faster and faster. She had to get out of the house. But go where?

Taking in great gulps of air, she finally got herself back under control, stopping the tears. She wanted so badly to run to Ean. To let him be her warrior for a bit. To let him shelter her and protect her, just for a little while but she felt she was not deserving of such a thing.

Turning, she looked to see where everyone was and then slipped out the back door, walking to the craggy cliff that overlooked the sea, the waves crashing up onto the rocks below. She'd not grabbed a jacket and there was a light, cold mist in the air yet she wouldn't allow herself to feel it even though her small frame began to shiver again. Finally she looked up into the heavens.

"Why? Why did you make me barer of the bow when I have proven that I am not worthy of it? I have failed you, great Ghengis Khan as well as Hiawatha and most of all, Ean and all of those innocent people. Why? Surely there is someone more worthy than I."

Even as she spoke though, she knew she wouldn't receive an answer. Her ancestors had decreed long before she was born that she would be the next barer of the sacred bow. That was when she finally broke. The tears now flowed as great sobs came from her and she sank to the cold, wet ground close to the sodden edge. She'd lost Ean....only to get him but at a great price. His death had caused something to waken within her and she wasn't entirely sure that it was a good thing to waken. She took the responsibility of the deaths of those innocent people upon her small shoulders, sure that if she'd only controlled her grief she wouldn't have given Arawela the means to complete the spell.

Still she sat there, pouring out her heartache, her grief, her fears, her rage and most of her lack of faith in herself. She wanted to cry out for Ean....but she remained silent. She was not deserving of his comfort. There was no one to comfort those people back in California.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 11:12 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 TorriBanner

It had been long enough.  While she understood why she was sent away, it still didn’t help make her feel any better when she saw the news reports.  It was even less when she experienced the destruction for herself.  The panic and downright numbing fear that gripped the world was felt deep to the soul of the Earth and she could feel it.  It was so overpowering at times, she felt as though she would crumble into a weeping, hysterical mound of useless flesh but she refused to allow it to affect her like that.

Running her hand through her hair, she walked on looking very much like a lot of the other vagrant beings now left homeless and with nowhere to go due to the destruction that had come about after the earth shook so violently. She was certain the final end game had come and her biggest regret was that she was not with her family.  Especially her brother.

But even that brought emotions she had never felt towards him.  She knew.  And what she witnessed damn near killed her.  It was enough to take away her ability to move when she needed to move the most and that lack of moving ability almost cost her, her life. While they were always neutral and ensuring the balance was maintained, he’d crossed over the line.  And in doing so, he broke apart a bond that had been woven together since the day she was conceived.

She truly felt alone and isolated now.  No one could understand how she felt.  No one could listen to her express her grief, her anger, her hatred and her longing and know what it was to feel all of these things, sometimes all at the same time.  Even she could not fully express or explain it.  All she knew was what she felt had to stop.  And there was only one way for that to happen.

She had to eliminate the reason for her emotions.

Pulling the hood of her jacket up over her head, she continued to walk along the still shocked and disbelieving people the destruction had created.  As the sun sank low into the smoke filled horizon, things would get worse and she needed to seek out her target and move closer before she became a target to others.  New Orleans at night could be a delightful place for those who were unaware of the things that lurked in the shadows.  But for her, it was walking into the lion’s den….and the lions had not been fed ion a while.

Brows furrowed, shoulders squared, eyes darting from one thing to the other, she moved about using her abilities to seek.  She had a very good idea of just where he had retreated to and he would have to retreat.  The Druidess bitch was powerful but even she had her l imitations and after pulling off something like what she did, she would have to recuperate and regain her strength.  While she was not the one being sought, the Fara knew she would have to contend with the Druidess.  As unpleasant as that would be, she was not afraid to face her…..but Sionn on the other hand…..Torri was not afraid, but she was not looking forward to it either.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 11:40 am

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 SionnBanner

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 ArawelaBanner

Sionn looked across the table at Arawela and smiled, she smiled back, clearly as smitten with him as he was with her. Their food finished, he leaned back and spoke, "How do you feel?"

Arawela leaned forward and spoke, "Better than I thought I would, the horn took the brunt of the exertion. Your fathers documents spoke of it's "cool down" period, it doesn't work like the bow which can go for longer periods of time before needing to sit and reabsorb energy, the horn will be dormant for a good long while, perhaps years..." she looked up at him and her eyes sparkled, "It's of no matter, the deed was accomplished, and now none will question my power."

Sionn looked across at her, hunger in his eyes, "I never did."

Arawela almost blushed as his emerald green eyes traced her face, "I never... I never thought I would allow my desire for a man to go this far."

"How far?"

She looked up and the smile faded, but the desire was echoed in her eyes, "So far that I would become sick with the idea of not being with you."

He smiled and walked around the table, lifting her chin up with his finger and touching his lips to hers. She breathed heavily as their skin touched and he whispered, "I am yours always."

She smiled and spoke, "I knew it, the moment the dagger pierced the big oaf's heart I knew it, that we would forever walk this journey together."

Sionn laughed and spoke, "It was time Ean was brought to his knees, our whole lives he walked a step behind me, though everyone claimed he was the mightiest Sentinel in generations I knew differently."

She looked at him and stood, wrapping her arms around his waist and criss crossing them behind his back, "My darling Stormborn, my handsome Scotsman... what mischief shall we pull of next?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 12:20 pm

Torri found herself staring, in disbelief, at the Poe Mansion from a short distance. The muscle in her jaw was steadily moving as she clenched and unclenched her jaw. Of all the people her brother could be in lust with…..this took the cake….and the icing. Her keen eyesight could see the way they were canoodling with each other and she felt her stomach lurch. She dared not cross the fence line knowing there were wards in place that could trigger any number of nasty things to happen so she decided to remain where she was.

”Really, Sionn….”

The words she was thinking were spoken aloud and they left a bitter taste in her mouth. One so bad that she actually spit towards the ground to try and rid her mouth of that taste.

Well, she thought, no need in putting off the inevitable. Reaching under her jacket, she pulled the stock of her bow out, knelt down and began assembling it carefully, lovingly. As each piece was put into place and secured, she felt the wave of emotions trying to crash over her again. Steeling herself to these emotions, she secured the last of the bow and tested the string for resistance.

Looking back towards the house, she slowly stood up and reached into her rear pocket pulling her phone free. With a few touches to the screen, she slowly placed the phone to her ear and waited for it to ring before her brother’s voice would be heard.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 1:09 pm

He was about to kiss Arawela when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Arawela felt it too as their bodies were right against one another. She reached down and pulled the phone up and smiled sweetly as she turned it to his face, "T" was the only thing on the screen. He half smiled and grabbed the phone as he looked at Arawela, "This could get interesting."

Arawela snickered softly as she sat back down and Sionn swiped his finger across the screen and brought the iPhone to his ear, "T! How ya doing?"

His voice was as jovial and happy as usual, not suspecting that she was actually right outside the mansion.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 pm

”Doing well, brother. How are you doing?”

It was Torri’s usual dead pan voice that she always used.

Switching the phone over to her Bluetooth earpiece, she slid the phone back into her rear pocket as she pulled the bow up and drew a bead on Sionn as she talked to him.

”How’s mum n’ da? I haven’t talked to ‘em yet. Been a little busy, as I’m sure ye have as well. Looks like lots of us have been busy as of late.”

As Sionn slowly paced, she kept the bead drew on him, closing her one eye so she was certain of her shot.

”I could na help but wonder why someone like Arawela would be s’hell bent on killin’ like she does. But then again….guess ye never really, truly know someone deep down.”

The whisker biscuit tickled the skin close to her bottom lip on her chin as she kept the bow string pulled tight.

”What do ye think about that, Sionn? D’ye have any idea what would drive her to such insane measures? Is she on a permanent rag time o’th’month or what? I mean….c’mon….what sort o’perverse psycho bitch is she, really?"

There was a couple of second pause before she asked the continued.

'N’th’next question ye have t’ask yerself is…..is it worth it? Destroyin' all that human life and the Earth.......oh let's not talk about ho this is affecting the Earth.”

"Do you feel it, Sionn? The pain the Earth is suffering right now? It's like someone cleaved off a limb n'jus left the gaping wound there....bleeding.....suffering.....dying....Do you feel it?"

Torri sighed heavily as though the weight of what she just spoke to was crushing her.

"I spose it really does na matter now. I mean....balance was what we were all 'bout. Right? N let's face it....balance is thrown all to hell now. So.....I guess there be only one thing t'do......start taking out the trash."

Torri waited until Sionn was dead center of the window before she let the tight bow string slide effortlessly off her fingers and launch the enchanted bolt aimed for her brother.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 2:43 pm

He listened, and offered shallow words every now and again as she spoke. He could not help but feel that she was getting at something, he knew her well enough that she was probing for answers, wondering if she had heard now and was waiting for answers from him. He smirked as she probed deeper and finally she got to the end, "Aye T, it is about balance, it has always been about balance, but when did the balance of the Earth become OUR balance? We are no to intrude at the extent possible, we are to remain hidden, the shadows among the planet, always searching for the step which rebalances the scales... But what of ME Torri? There has no been balance in my life for decades, we have been pawns to the gabbing councils and committees looking to keep us underground. There can no be balance as long as we walk in the shadows. It hasn't always been that way, there was a time when our kind walked among the rest of the inhabitants of this planet, humans have bred themselves into dominance, and there is no balance in that! Until we walk in the sunlight once more, free from the 'rules' of humanities authority there will no be balance."

She said it, 'taking out the trash...,', there was something in her voice that he had not heard before, anticipation and conviction but hesitation and regret all at the same time... he furrowed his brows and walked, unknowingly right in front of the window, pausing to turn so he could walk back towards the table and then he heard the thunk of her bow string through the phone. He spun, turning and looking at the window, his keen ears had heard the same sound only half a second later... how had he not also heard her voice. There she was standing a good two hundred yards away, staring him down, her bow up and clearly there was an arrow on the way based on the follow through of her hands. He dropped the phone and hissed words of magic, lifting his hands to the window and casting 'water shield'. The arrow smashed into the window, the sound of the impact giving away the magic that surrounded it. As the arrow passed through the water shield and began to slow down Sionn had enough time to spin and twist off the path of the arrow, which was aimed right at his heart. Though he managed to get his vital organs out if the way the arrow pierced his shoulder right below the joint and threw him back into the wall, pinning him there.

He howled in pain and Arawela was already on her feet, realizing what had just happened, the concern on her face for him superseded only with the expressions of anger and revenge as she exploded out what was left of the window like a living shadow. Her body swirled like smoke and formed on the lawn outside of the mansion, right below the window. She looked at Torri and her face twisted like an animal looking at prey, "You came to the wrong house little Fara."

Arawela brought her hands up and all the glass that had exploded out of the its frame lifted off the ground and she thrust her hands forward, hundreds of shards of razor sharp projectiles were heading right for Torri with no distinction as to where they were aimed, only that they were coming across the two hundred yards at incredible speed.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 3:02 pm

If nothing else, Torri learned during her absence to anticipate a violent reaction and retaliation from Arawela. As the shards of glass hurdled towards her, she reached down with her left hand then thrust it upwards. The ground rumbled and the sound of what could only be described as rapidly growing grass filled the air.

And that was exactly what it was. About 20 yards in front of Torri stood a wall of thick grass that prevented the glass from reaching her. It’s thickness like the bottom layer of fur on a polar bear. Thick enough to protect yet not so much it suffocates.

A few small shards made it through and one of them grazed Torri’s left cheek leaving a thin, red line while another pierced her right bicep. They were not debilitating in any way but they did hurt like hell.

As Torri felt Arawela already gearing up for her next spell, she ran to her right, still behind the fence, on public land, and glanced towards the house to see Sionn pinned against the wall. Disappointment and relief both ran over her like water from a cold water fall. Daring to try and take another shot, she knocked a bolt and drew back but she wasn’t able to get the bolt off before she felt the energy growing Arawela was gathering.

She knew Arawela had gained power, but she didn’t realize it was so much. Obviously that tid bit of information was omitted. Great. So here she was, solo, against one of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful opponent she had ever faced. Torri grit her teeth and dove for the only thing within her path and that was a very large oak tree with a wide trunk.

Placing her hands on the tree, she called on the new spell she learned to make the trees truck petrified in an effort to help protect herself from the spell now coming at her at break neck speed.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Aurora10It was some time that she sat there in a crumpled heap sobbing her pain, heartache and rage. But other then a headache, she felt a little better and knew now what she had to do.

One, she had to come to grips with what has happened. Along with her part in it.
Two, she had to accept that she was a Sentinel first....her druid blood that only made up half of her came second and last.
Three, that she needed Ean. She needed to lean on him and allow him to see her pain and fears. To trust that he will see to safety and care with his undying love for her.

She slowly got to her feet, looking down at her clothes. They were muddy and wet.....again. Shrugging, she began the walk back to the house, hoping that Ean and Aiden were finished talking for she needed time with Ean. Time to tell him what she knew and how she felt about herself. Time to let him see her vulerable state.

She went back in through the back kitchen door and saw Ean and Aiden sitting at the kitchen table. She smiled softly at both men but her eyes were filled with sadness and a new knowledge.

"Master Aiden...if it is okay with you, may I steal Ean from you? I need to speak to him privately."
At his nod she took Ean to her room and shut the door, setting him on the bed a she stood before him. She took a deep breath then raised her dark eyes to him, eyes that now showed him just how vulnerable she truly was.

"I have shut you out, Ean and I am so sorry but I do not feel worthy of you." When he would have spoke she laid a finger to his lips, "Please...let me speak." She took another breath and let it out. "I knew when I let the last arrow fly that I had given Arawela the means to finish her spell and therefore take the

responsibility of all of those deaths for it is mine to bare. I allowed my rage and grief over your death and Sionn's betrayal to override the Sentinel in me. When I saw you laying dead and knew that Sionn had betrayed us, I felt something inside of me break with your death. I felt something stirring within me and it was not pleasant."

She stopped for a moment, closing her eyes as she gathered herself before opening her eyes again to look at him. "I love you so much that I ache sometimes, Ean. And feeling that I am no longer worthy of you is destroying me. " She looked at the large blister on the side of her hand then to the two cuts on her fingers that she'd not cared for. "I saw the way you looked at me when I did these things earlier today. I could feel how you wanted to come to me and take care of my hurts, yet I put up a wall to keep you out of even that."

She walked closer to him, kneeling in front of him, in between his knees and looked up at him. "I am sorry I shut you out. I am sorry I tried to take everything on myself. I am coming to you now....asking you to hold me. To help me. To ease my fears. To be my warrior and protect me. To let me lean on you if I haven't pushed you too far away already."

She knelt there, holding her breath even as she saw the love shining in his eyes as it was in hers. Waiting to see what he would do or say
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Arawela watched as the shards of glass were absorbed by the shield Torri had constructed and she smiled wryly, "Clever little Elf aren't you."

She moved off to the side, attempting to get a new angle and then noticed that Torri had done the same. She smiled and lifted her hands, drawing on the shadows around her to form a stick ball that swirled like ink in a goblet of water. She hissed words of magic and flung the ball which tripled in size as it crossed the space between her and Torri.

The glob of sticky shadow smashed into the tree and began to wrap itself around like webs, lashing at Torri and attempting to ensnare her, in the meantime, Arawela had begun to cross the distance and get closer to her opponent.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 4:07 pm

Ean listened patiently as Aurora spoke, and finally when she knelt down and looked up at him he smiled, got down on his own knees and grabbed her, bringing her into his chest and holding her there for a long while so she could feel his love. After many moments he leaned back and looked at her, "Is anybody ever truly worthy of another? We are flawed, we are imperfect, it's what makes life interesting, but I can't be in a relationship with you if you won't allow me to be. Don't take that the wrong way, it's just that I can't force you to let me in. With all that said, we have all been through a lot in the last 12 hours, it's normal to not know how to deal with it."

He smiled and she could see that he was dealing with his own struggles regarding his comatose sisters, and he sighed heavily before continuing, "As for the earthquake, you can no take the blame or responsibility for it. To say it is your fault is ludicrous. You were used, nothing more. You did naught to cause it, you were used to make it happen, if she didn't use you she would have found another way."

He said nothing more, he simply drew her against him again, feeling the wet of her clothing soak through to his own skin, and in that moment, felt truly connected to her.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Torri quickly backed up a few feet and uttered some words that had long ago been forgotten by most of her race but somehow she had learned them as though she had been speaking this language all her life. As the words rolled off her lips it was almost as though they were a soft song that caused the oak tree to bend its mighty limbs towards the ground. The tree groaned and creaked as it moved as tough it had come to life. New leaves sprouted and filled in much of the limbs so that by the time the limbs reached the ground, the truck was completely enclosed within the protection of the thick leaves.

As the tree protected her from the sticky shadows, Torri knocked another bolt into her arrow as she saw Arawela headed in her direction. The head of the bolt was more rounded and had more weight to it than the usual razor like tips she used. Quickly calculating the distance between her and the Druidess, she let the bolt fly knowing it would land a few feet in front of Arawela. As the bolt hit the ground, it exploded into a white hot, phosphorus fire that flew right in Arawela’s direction.

Without waiting to see what became of Arawela, she knew there was no way she could win this fight. Not alone and not in Poe territory. There was only one thing she could do. Retreat.

While she didn’t like to turn and run, especially considering she had not finished the job with Sionn. But she had no choice. She sure as hell was not going to let herself get killed by being foolish. She’d done enough of being foolish in the past. Now was the time for her to live another day and try another time. And she would….

Using her abilities once again, she used the dry climate New Orleans was experiencing right now and created a dust storm to shield her form Arawela’s eyes and hide her leaving. As the mighty dust began to churn and pick up trash and debris, she glared at the window she last saw Sionn and turned, becoming one with the shadows, as Sionn had so rightly put it.

It was time. Time to return to the shadows and stay there until she had the chance to take care of business once again. Until then, she knew her brother would be looking over his shoulder constantly. And to add insult to injury, she left him with these parting words before she disconnected her call to him.

”Sleep well, Sionn. See you again. Soon.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 11 - Shattered   Ch 11 - Shattered - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 11 - Shattered
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: