Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:26 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 ErebusBanner

"We take the fight to them."

Ean and Aurora turned to look at Erebus who was standing at the bottom of the stairs and took the liberty of answering the question that was asked of Ean. He was cleaned up, and his face was somewhat serious. He looked from Aurora to Ean and spoke, "The are only beginning to make their move, and we must cut them off and stop them before they can strike again."

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 EanBanner

Ean looked at Erebus as he sat up, gently helping Aurora to an upright position before standing and looking over at Erebus, "And how do you propose we do that lad? Do you know what their next target is gon'ta be?"

Erebus cast his eyes down and gently shook his head, "No."

Ean looked from Erebus to Aurora and back again, "It's a large planet Erebus, loads of things they can do, and more ground than all the races could cover at once."

Erebus looked up, "True, but I think we can narrow it down."

"How?"

Erebus half smirked and spoke, "Clearly, they are working along the tectonic plates right? I mean, what we have seen, they are trying to create earthquakes, MASSIVE earthquakes. My brother had started showing interest in this years ago, but I never agreed to his overall plan, so he never shared details with me."

"And what was the overall plan?" Ean looked squarely at him.

Erebus looked back, his face went slightly pale and he uttered the words softly, "Death."

Ean grit his teeth and looked at Aurora, then back to Erebus, but Erebus spoke first, "Well what else did you expect the answer to be Ean? Druids live to create death, we are taught from an early age, death makes us more powerful, and we strive to become as powerful as possible, so you do that which will attain the ultimate goal, complete and utter unstoppable power."

Ean sighed heavily and rubbed his temples as he sat down in the chair that Elizabeth always curled up in, "And I still can't help but ask Erebus, how do we know we can trust you?"

Erebus really showed the pain on his face at that comment, he looked at Aurora and then back to Ean who was staring straight at him and responded, "You can't."

Ean sat up straight as if he was about to dent Erebus' forehead and Erebus put his hands up in submission, "YOU CAN'T ... unless you allow yourself to trust me."

Whipsy chortled at that statement and Ean turned his head to Lexy's spirit guide. The small bird of prey looked squarely at him and let out a small squeak as if to confirm what Erebus was saying.

Erebus looked at Aurora and spoke, "It is dark, and late... I will take my leave of you."

Ean looked at him and spoke, "No, Erebus, please... you can stay here."

Erebus shook his head, "No Ean, I can not. I thought that I had shown my loyalty to you, I helped in every way that I could to protect you two from my brother and my niece, I almost died doing so. The prejudices between our houses runs deep however, and I can understand your hesitation, even your questions in the face of my actions. Druids as a rule, do not switch sides."

He looked at Aurora and smiled sadly before turning to the door and grabbing the knob. He turned and looked at Aurora and Ean, "I will be in my room for a couple more days, if you want me to assist, I will, I can not be idle as my brother aims to do whatever it is he is aiming to do... but I will act with or without you, I have to."

With the Erebus stepped out into the raining darkness and walked back to town.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AnnetteBanner

Annette saw to it that everyone was settled, and it didn't take long before Carla finally opened up. She could see the confusion and the frustration in the girls face, she simply watched her body language, and listened with patience. As she saw Carla was starting to unravel a bit Annette leaned forward and placed a soft hand on the young girls shoulder. Carla looked at her and Annette smiled, "Breath lass, just breath."

As Carla started to calm a little bit Annette had her sit in a slightly isolated space in the room and then sat across from her. With a soft look in her eyes Annette smiled in a motherly way and spoke, "That fact is lass, there is evil in the world. And insomuch as there is evil, there is good. Good tries to defeat evil, evil tries to defeat good, and that is simply a fact. It's as predictable as the sunrise in the morning lass. Yes, it doesn't make sense to people like you, or even me for that matter."

Carla looked at her with the obvious question on her mind and Annette smiled as she answered, "My family are ones that walk in the middle, we simply see to it that balance is maintained so that the world does not descend into a state of chaos. You see, though there are those who consider themselves to be pure of heart and good intentioned, if they were to eradicate evil then the world would still fall into chaos. Though the good intentions had prevailed, the ruling system would become so brutal that good, would actually turn to evil. On the flip side, if Evil was to completely triumph over good, then all life on the planet would be destroyed. So my family walks in the middle, doing all we can to keep the scales form tipping too far in one direction or another."

She could see that Carla was still full of questions and she thought a moment before speaking again, "The Crusades, do you remember the Crusades?"

Carla nodded softly and Annette smiled, "The Crusades were led by a group of over zealous knights who were attempting to eradicate evil. Pope Urban the Second declared a war against Muslims, at least that's the popular version of what happened, in reality, Pope Urban was a Knight of the Templar, and whipped that house into a frenzy. The Middle East at the time was a hotbed for a group known as the Shade, a group of merciless warriors who fight for the forces of darkness. The Knights of the Templar, which were, and are, known among us as part of a group known as Sentinels, wanted to eradicate them from the planet. The whole thing was disguised as a holy war, and their methods to win their war actually made them do acts even more evil than those they were fighting. It was only ended after those of us who walk in the middle entered the mix and fought both sides to bring balance back to the world."

She looked at Carla and reached over, holding her hand, "It is just part of what the world is, there ARE other races, just like all the other diverse creations that walk the planet, is it not possible that there would be more than just humans?" She smiled and looked at Carla, who was looking back at her and appeared as though some of this was sinking in.

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich admired the architecture on the building as they slowly entered its halls led to different rooms he looked at the layout it was so different to what he was used to as he slowly moved to the bathroom unlike the others he did not enjoy his shower small flashes of his moments in the cabin the water smashing the windows water pooling in being a ragdoll and smashing into everypiece of furniture before the house flipped upside down and the flash of the heavy beam splitting as he came back to in the shower, he gave the military shower an run for his money cleaning and exiting glad to be away from the water as he saw some clothes had been tossed in they looked ancient almost like they had found a set from previous occupants of the castle before the McGhees but they fitted. He slid on his leather harness over the loose tunic shirt covered in knife holsters a pair of hatchet holster but he emptied it onto the bed of his weapons he let his fingers drum on the two holsters which was probably for ammo originally but had small journels stuff in the square pouches he left them, he was off to eat not fight but old charms made him pick up the black runed silk wrapped battle axe taking it with him.

The 'servants' guided him to the dining room he was almost first to the room apart from the father and mother of Scion he smiled as he took a seat not even guided as he placed himself down the axe resting against the back of his chair a drink already sitting down he looked around the hall as he smiled a little wider.

"These halls are alot more friendly than the last time I visited."

This comment got the father lifting an eyebrow was it just bad english from the Nord or was he serious as he began to pile his plate just as the others began to arrive. Conversation flowed as did drink and food the Punkie laughably eyeing his plate as they competed for food finally stopping he leaned back in his chair. "Oh that hit the spot." As suddenly there was an offer of stiff drinks he pushed himself up sliding his axe up he braced the haft against his neck and flexed against it not even budging.

He listened to Carla and was surprised at the lick of sense that came out of her as he smiled war was war be it human, alien, magickal or even passive it was 'human' nature even if it deviated slightly as they moved into the room he heard Kain's question he nodded slowly.

"It will be the same as always a group of goods will go as a charitable group the neutrals will probably fund it to avoid chaos and we will send a report to the council and see if they come to judgement if the actions are high enough for the neutrals to hunt the druids down its all very timely most neutrals like to skip the formalities and attain world balance alot quicker but then they have the risk of getting their rank stripped and accused of being biased, something similar to the Zeitlos Family about eight generations ago they were whittled down to only the core family members."

Shrugging to Kain as he came with the line probably all knew was the situation.

"We wait for their action so we can react to it."

Using the Newtons law in very bad context as he got to the decanter and began to pour himself a drink.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 12:38 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBanner Aurora listened to Erebus and Ean speak, trying to understand why Ean still didn't trust Erebus, especially after what he'd done to protect both of them during the ceremony. But before she could voice her own opinions, Erebus was out the door, disappearing into the rainy darkness. She turned her dark, doe like eyes to Ean trying to understand.

"Ean", she said softly, "Erebus risked his life to keep us safe. What is it that holds you back from trusting him? I know nothing of the history between Sentinels and Druids, perhaps because my own father was a druid. I do know the difference between good and evil and Erebus is not evil. Evil is his brother and niece."

She rose, walking to him where he sat in Lizzy's chair, curling up in his lap as she lay her head on his chest. She closed her eyes, breathing in his scent. She loved this big Scotsman with all of her heart and wished that she could bridge the distrust he still had for Erebus. For she loved him as well.....as nothing more than a friend, but she was still close to Erebus. But, until she knew how to help Ean overcome his distrust for Erebus, she would listen to his reasons and hopefully understand better what the history was between Sentinels and Druids.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 ErichBanner

Erich watched and listened as the massive Norseman spoke. He stepped a little towards Kane and Dietrich, "Dietrich is right, on some counts, but not all."

The Norseman looked at him with a raised eyebrow and Erich's warm smile was the only response. Erich then stepped forward in an attempt to be a good host and took the decanter from Dietrich, twisted the lid and poured some of the fine smelling scotch into the large man's glass. As he replaced the stopper and gave the man of clear Viking heritage a gentle slap on the shoulder he turned back to Kane, "As much as it is true that we will do our most to seek balance, we do not ever play one side off the other, nor do we fund anything except our own efforts to make sure order and balance remains in the end."

He looked at Dietrich and spoke, "As for seeking word from the council, all you would need to do is ask my wife, she is not only Chief of the Stormborn, but also the seat of the supreme council for neutrality, and I assure you that her position on the matter is quite firm, balance at all costs."

Erich sipped his scotch and turned to Kane, "In the grand scheme of things, we need to move against this threat, and we need to do it quickly. A Druidic threat is never a light lift, they only tend to move when they have accumulated the power to do so and we end up playing catch up. The bigger issue is based on what we have already seen they have accumulated a LOT of power, and I doubt they have shown their hand yet, this is probably just their warm up for the bigger strike.  Normally we as neutrals would wait and assess the reaction by those of the light, however it is obvious they are overwhelmed, and there is little doubt about whether or not we will be involved. Clearly as you already know, Sionn and Torri were sent to Japan to investigate the seismic anomalies, we needed data to assess our position, one of our own was killed, Kimiko’s brother, and we finally had first account knowledge, unfortunately that knowledge came at a terrible, terrible price. "

He looked at Dietrich and then to Kane, “Of course your level of involvement is entirely up to you, though councils and houses dictate direction, personal involvement has always been based on the individual, and I would also add that you are welcome to stay here no matter what level either of you ultimately decide to be involved.”

Ean looked at Aurora and sighed heavily, “I don’t know love, perhaps a lifetime of fighting his kind has me unable to overcome my prejudice, but you are right, we need to work with him, he is the link that could help us… I just… I just need to get o’er my feelings I suppose.”

He put his hand on Aurora’s head and pulled her in tightly. They lay there on the chair, curled up, and both fell asleep.

Morning came quickly, and Ean began to wake. He sniffed the air, it was filled with the delicious smell of bacon, eggs, butter, blood pudding and sausages. He could still feel the weight of Aurora on top of him and opened his eyes with a slight start, doing his best to not wake Aurora. Looking over at the kitchen he saw Lexy’s back to him, working away on breakfast. He then turned to the other side and saw Elizabeth staring at him over the top of her spell book. She smiled brought her finger to her lips, telling him non-verbally to not wake Aurora.

Ean smiled and whispered, “Hey sister! Good to see you again.”

Elizabeth got out from under her wool blanket and walked over to him, kissing him gently on the forehead and stood up looking at the two of them, “Based on the clothing she is wearing and the condition of the hillside, I would not be mistaken that she performed the necessary ceremony to active her weapon?”

Ean smiled and nodded, “Aye, and Erebus assisted us, he fought off Arawela and Algernon so she could finish.”

Elizabeth nodded softly and spoke, “I am glade she finally did it, she’s going to need it.”

Ean looked at her with furrowed brows and she sighed heavily, “Word is Japan was only the beginning, I can fill you both in when we are having breakfast.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBannerAurora was slow to wake as exhausted as she was from the 3 day long ceremony.  Her dark eyes were slow to open, drowsily turning up to look into Ean's smiling face.  Her face was seductive in it's drowsy state, her doe eyes heave lidded, her cheeks flush from sleep.  She then sniffed the air, smelling breakfast cooking, her stomach rumbling yet she wasn't quite ready to unfold herself from Ean's lap.  So she snuggled in closer, closing her eyes again.  It was only a few moments before her eyes flew open and she raised up, seeing Lexy's back in the kitchen and looking over to see Lizzy sitting at the breakfast table, smiling at her.  Her own face split into a wide grin and she kissed Ean long and lovingly then kissed the tip of his nose before jumping off of his lap to run over and hug first Lizzy and then, waiting until Lexy set down the pan of bacon before grabbing her in a tight, sisterly hug.

"YOU'RE HOME!!!", she cried out her eyes bright with unshed tears. Turning, she looked at Ean with all of the love she had for him, her face beaming.

The ceremony had not only bound her with the bow, but it had also made her realize that she had family here. She had her heart here....Ean held it in his hands and it showed every time she looked at him. She had sisters in Lexy and Lizzy. She had a best friend in Lexy. She had her guardians in Beau and Eryn. And now she was one with her ancestor's bow. A powerful an treasured weapon. She felt complete. She couldn't wait to begin to practice and decipher everything that was now spinning around in her head. That which only the bow could help her with.

"Let me run upstairs and shower and change. I will only be but fifteen minutes", she said as she tore up the stairs, doing exactly that. She very carefully and neatly folded the dress and laid it on her bed then showered. She returned downstairs dressed in jeans and a turquoise t-shirt and her boots. Her long, black hair was still damp, the sides tied back with a strip of leather. She was just sitting down, filling her plate when their phone rang. Lizzy answered it, her face suddenly going serious as she looked over at Aurora, holding out the phone to her.

Looking confused as to who would be calling her here, Aurora rose from her seat next to Ean and walked into the living room, taking the cordless phone from Lizzy who went back into the kitchen to give her privacy. At Ean's questioning look, Lizzy simply told he and Lexy that it was about Aurora's mother.

"Hello? Yes...this is Aurora Jameson. Janey? Is that you? How did you get this number?", she asked the girl on the other end of the call. Her face then paled. "Where's Momma, Janey? Why didn't she call?.......Janey....what is it?......No", she whispered. "No.....Janey, this isn't funny, even for you", she said as her body began to shake with the news, knowing that what her only friend from home was telling her was the truth. "How?......What happened?..................No....NO!!!!", Aurora cried out as she fell to her knees, listening to how her mother had died when another voice came onto the line. A deep, Scottish voice. "Harold?..........Tell me the truth......NO!!! DON'T YOU KEEP ME IN THE DARK!!! I AM NOT A CHILD ANY LONGER!!!", she yelled into the phone, rocking back and forth as she listened to the voice telling her what had happened. A long, keening wail came from her as she cried out dropping the phone, wrapping her arms around her waist as she rocked back and forth. "They tortured her.......they had their followers overpower her and torture her", she moaned out.

She never saw Lizzy pick up the phone where she'd dropped it......never heard her speak to Harold the great Scotsman who was to protect Aurora and her mother after her father had been murdered. She never felt Ean's strong arms wrap around her, holding her tightly, rocking with her. She never felt the tears that fell.....that wouldn't stop falling. She didn't feel Lexy wiping her nose and eyes as she cried. Her mother was gone.....taken from her in the most brutal of fashions, all to learn of any weaknesses of the arrows. So quickly......within less than twenty-four hours of her completing the ceremony, Arawela and her father had contacted their followers in the states and her mother had been found. Their last words to each other had been Aurora accusing her mother of keeping things from her.....of not telling her the truth.

She didn't know how long she was on the floor, Ean rocking back and forth with her as she sobbed her grief before she began to quiet, her sobs turning into small hiccups. She turned dark, haunted eyes up to Ean, turning in his arms so that he lifted her and sat down on the couch with her in his lap. She curled into him like a child.

"They tortured her......before they killed her. While I slept they found her. When Harold found her......", she closed her eyes tightly, stray tears trailing down her cheeks, "he couldn't recognize her. She never called for him.....she never called out for help. They somehow cloaked themselves.....Harold didn't even know they were there. Until he felt her die." She then turned her eyes up to Ean's, "Why didn't I feel it? I'm her daughter....I should have felt her leave this world, Ean.....why? My last words to her......", sobbing again..."my last words to her were in anger....I never got to apologize to her." She moaned as if in pain then she heard Beau. The great wolf spirit howled....it was the most mournful sound to hear. Over and over. Anyone to hear it would know that someone was gone. Eryn was quiet, sitting on her perch next to Whispy, the other bird of prey resting her head over Eryn's in a comforting manner.

"They have to pay", she whispered into Ean's chest, her small fists clenching his shirt in a death grip. "I am going to make them pay."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 7:12 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 LQUnhE

Annette sure had a soothing air about her, Carla only relapsed into anxiety for a moment before she calmed her back down. The fact of the races and their struggle were pretty obvious to her now, that much she had learned. Perhaps she hoped in vain such powerful people would be able to do better than those like herself.

“It’s just…” She started; “The destruction in Japan… I understand conflict. I understand war. Or, maybe not really, but I understand there’s things you need to fight for. But it sounds like you’ve been fighting for ever, was there never peace? Can’t there be peace? Does it need to be an eye for an eye?”

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Eba0k1

“The light is overwhelmed…?” Kain muttered. Though they were supposed to be his ‘side’ he wasn’t sure how he ought to feel about it. He only had the memories, but that hardly made it truly his side. At least he tried to distinguish his experience and those of ancestors past.

“Well, at least you are willing to step up… And you’d have me?” He wasn’t sure if it was the circumstances or something but it seemed odd for the neutrals to so easily accept him among them. “Is there no protocol or some such for having a lighty and a human running around your neutral operation? I’m afraid I’m ignorant about these sorts of things but I wouldn’t want Carla and myself to harm your integrity or… You know…”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 LexyBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 ElizabethBanner

The siblings rallied around Aurora, she knelt, sobbing, uncontrollably at times, and they remained silent, but staying right beside her as she grieved the hearing of this news. Ean remained the closest, kneeling beside her, his arm across her, lovingly stroking  her back in as soothing a way as he could.

When Aurora spoke, her words were full of the grief she was feeling, understandably, and as she spoke of revenge, Ean nodded, “Aye, we must make them pay for this barbarism!”

Elizabeth spoke quietly, “No, we can not move forward with revenge as our only motive.”

Ean turned to her angrily, “You are suggesting that we allow this to go unchecked? Unpunished?”

Elizabeth leveled her eyes at him, the strength and power in her voice filled the room, “NO! I am suggesting you use your damn head Ean!”

Ean recoiled ever so slightly, but then looked at her again, “Aurora’s mother was murdered Elizabeth! She was innocent, there was no reason for her to die in such a manner!”

Elizabeth again leveled her gaze on him and spoke, “So were the people that died in Japan, so are the people that die every day by the hands of evil Ean. We WILL seek to right the wrong of this horrible act of savagery, but we will do it the RIGHT way, not by stooping to their level to see it done. We are to maintain our disposition and our commitment to ALL life, we will no go on a rampage to seek vengeance.”

Ean inhaled deeply and was about to respond when Lexy stepped forward, “Ean, calm yourself, don’t speak.”

She helped Aurora to her feet, her face red and swollen from crying, “Come lass, sit.”

Lexy had her sit in the large, overstuffed, comfy chair and handed her a glass of tea, “Drink this, I know you don’t want to, but it will help.”

She stood after Aurora was settled and looked at Ean, “We are all feeling this loss Ean, know that, but Elizabeth is right,” She looked at Aurora, “We will help you, and we will right this wrong Aurora, but we have to do it in the right frame of mind. If we charge forward in a blind, red veiled rage, we will only get ourselves killed.”

She leaned down and hugged Aurora tightly, “I love you Aurora, my sister.”

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 ErichBanner

Erich turned and looked at Kain, nodding assuredly, “You would be most welcome to join us Master Punkie, should you decide to. There are no protocols against or for our working together, as it has always been, one involves themselves to the level they wish. Yes, most wish to embrace and hold the privilege associated with being among the races, however there are those who choose to remain anonymous and outside the conflict. That is something only you can decide.”

He smiled warmly and picked up the decanter, pulling the stop and refilling both Kane’s and Dietrich’s glasses.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AnnetteBanner

Annette looked at Carla and spoke, “There has always been conflict, since Abel was killed, there has been conflict.”

She sighed heavily, “I don’t fully understand it either lass, it is inborn to those who fight evil to fight it, it is inborn in those who do evil to do it… nobody knows why for sure, but it is the way it has always been. I agree, it is not a logical or understandable situation, and as one who is born in the mindset of neutrality I will always question the pull to fight so hard to cause destruction, or the pull to stop it … just like they question why I fight so hard to see that no side dominates the other.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBannerAurora didn't want to take the cup of tea at first, but Lexy insisted. She sat there, just holding the cup in her hands until Lexy gave her a gentle yet firm look silently telling her that she was to drink the soothing brew. She took a sip of it, listening to them and yet shock setting in as she began to stare at nothing.

"Lizzy and Lexy are right, Ean", she said in a voice filled with grief. "As badly as I want vengeance, it would be wrong. Momma is just one innocent among the deaths of so many others", she said as fresh tears began to fall. "I never go to tell her how sorry I was for what I'd said to her." Her large, doe eyes looked into Ean's and she held out her hands to him, "Please...Ean...hold me. For just a little longer then we can figure out what it is we are going to do. And, Erebus needs to know."

She waited in the large chair, needing his strong arms around her again as she felt the ache in her chest grow, unsure if she would ever be the same again......if the ache would ever leave.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 The_li10Lilly sat, sipping her soda as she listened to the exchange between Carla and Annette. She looked over at Torri who was drinking something other than wine and smiled back at her when Torri smiled. She was feeling restless and decided to go for a walk, walking over to Annette and Carla, her eyes finally having calmed in their swirling colors. They were now a mixture of blue and green, showing that she was indeed calming down some.

"Sorry to be interrupting", she said as she smiled at Carla then turned to Annette, "If it be okay, I need to step outside for a wee bit o' air, Mrs. McGhee." At Annette's worried look she quickly let her know that nothing was wrong except for just feeling restless and needing to take a walk.

She took care of her empty glass and left the room, walking by the room the men were in and catching a glimpse of them but not stopping. Once outside, she breathed in deeply, smiling at the smells of Scotland, so similar to her own Ireland. She walked along a narrow trail that led around the castle and little to the north of it, making sure to stay on it as it was growing darker. Her bare feet were becoming chilled but she didn't mind as she felt the mossy ground squish between her bare toes, her gypsy skirt rustling softly around her legs. She'd never dressed in anything so feminine before nor soft and she decided then that she rather liked it.

Coming to that decision about such a simple thing as what she was wearing she twirled around, feeling the skirt flare out around her legs and laughed, her arms outstretched, her face lifted to the Scottish sky. When she opened her eyes they were bright blue with golden flecks, showing her new found happiness. The loss in Japan still weighed heavily on her heart but she couldn't help but be happy here. She had a family again....she was no longer alone and she was accepted for herself. She missed her parents fiercely, never having had the chance to mourn them and she still needed answers as to why the McGees never came for her.....why they weren't told of her surviving the crash. She knew that they were the contacts her parents had set up to be called if anything happened to them. But, she didn't want to dwell on that for now....for now she just wanted a moment of happiness, so she twirled around. Her pixie like face turned up to the darkening sky, her slender arms outstretched, her dainty, bare feet twirling her around and around as her gypsy skirt flared out around her. She almost looked like a wood sprite, enjoying the night as she laughed again at just being alive and once again loved.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:28 pm

“We know for sure then?”

~ “No one knows for sure, I can only tell you what I saw”~

“And he really fought the two of them off, by himself?”

~“Not COMPLETELY by himself”~

Lexy laughed and brushed her nose against her spirit guides beak, Whipsy chortled lovingly and nipped the end of Lexy’s nose. Lexy sighed heavily as she watched the dark road, Erebus should be here any second.

“It’s no easy to forget a life time of training.”

~”The essence of who we are is the offering of second chances. No one is beyond the stretch of lights reach child. When you open a closet door the shadow does not overtake the light outside of it, the light from the room floods into the closet.”~

Lexy looked at the beautiful falcon and nodded in understanding, yet there was still the slightest echo of hesitation on her face, “We move forward with optimism then.”

~”Take care to let your heart follow your words, it is a delicate and scary path he walks too. He needs our trust before he can fully embrace a life in the light. Always remember that he too is uncomfortable and learning new ways, new trusts, and new feelings. We need to guide him and show him that this path he has chosen is a better one, every uncomfortable situation can be the thread that unravels the shawl. He comes.”~

Lexy looked from Whipsy to the long driveway and saw a dark figure walking in the rain. His long, black overcoat shed the rain like ducks feathers and his eyes glistened in the low light of the night. He walked up and looked at Lexy who was standing now under the covered porch and she bowed her head respectfully, “Thank you for coming Erebus, I apologize for the hour, but there is dark news to share.”

Erebus looked at her, his face was kind and genuine though pale and suncken under the hood, “It is no bother Mistress Lexy, I appreciate that you chose to call me and have me come.”

He looked at Whipsy and nodded respectfully to the spirit guide who in turn nodded her head back at him, “Come inside out of this weather friend, I will get you some hot tea or whiskey, or both… whatever you wish.”

As they entered the house Whipsy leapt off Lexy’s shoulder and onto her perch, chortling softly as she began to prune her feathers. Lexy took Erebus’ coat and hung it on a hook near the front door, “What would you care for Erebus?”

Erebus turned to her after smoothing his black shirt, “Tea please, thank you.”

Lexy smiled and nodded as she went to the kitchen.  Elizabeth stood and smiled kindly to Erebus, “Welcome Erebus, come.”

She brought Erebus to the living room area where Ean was holding Aurora on the couch. The young Native American girl was sleeping on Ean’s shoulder and Erebus could tell she had been crying by the redness and puffy nature of her closed eyelids. Erebus sat and looked at Ean, “What? What happened that has her so?”

Ean looked at Elizabeth and then to Erebus sadly, “Her mother was murdered, by your brother and niece.”

Erebus’ face went pale and he whispered, “No.”

Elizabeth sat, her eyes sad and Ean spoke, “Aye… word is they captured her, tortured her and killed her to attempt and unlock the magic of the arrow the took, or at least find out how it worked.”

Erebus clenched his fists and looked from Ean to Elizabeth, “When did this happen?”

Elizabeth exhaled softly and spoke, “We received the phone call only an hour or so ago.”

Erebus nodded and looked back to Ean, “And what are we to do?”

Ean’s face showed his rage but he calmed himself and spoke, “That is why we have called you to join us… we need your help to come to a reasonable and appropriate response.”

Aurora started to rouse slightly and she opened her eyes, looking at Erebus. He looked at her sadly and spoke, “I am so sorry that this tragedy befell you Aurora, truly I am.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBanner Aurora smiled sadly at Erebus, a lone tear trailing down her cheek as she left Ean's arms long enough to accept Erebus' comforting hug then moving back to Ean's strong arms again, wiping the tear. She was wondering if she would ever stop crying.

"Momma wouldn't have been able to tell them anything even if she knew, Erebus. Why? Why go after her? She was never the bearer of the bow, only the mother to her.....to me", she asked quietly, burying her face deeper into Ean's chest. "Harold didn't tell me everything, I know he didn't, but what he did tell me was enough to get the idea of what they did to her. The answer doesn't lie with the arrows......it lies with me or the bow." Even as she said it she knew what she mean. If they truly wanted to know the secrets to the bow they would have to come for her or the bow or both. For only the bearer knew the secrets. She turned her eyes to her two sisters of the heart, "Does it ever stop? Does the pain ever stop?", she asked in a sad whisper. "I should have called her sooner....I should have apologized", she mentioned again, hating that the last words she had with her mother were said in anger.

She was quiet again then, remaining in Ean's embrace, soaking in his warmth, strength and most of all his love. She knew she couldn't stay in this limbo state for much longer, not when there was a war raging. But for now, she had no idea what to do or how to handle this loss. Beau approached her, nudging Erebus' hand in a friendly gesture as he walked between the druid and the coffee table to reach his mistress, laying a head on her knee. His amber eyes turned up to Ean as he offered Aurora his own comfort, Eryn still on Whispy's perch. Between the two spirit guides, she was taking it the hardest having been closer to Aurora's mother than Beau. Whispy would occasionally stop preening herself and softly preen Eryn, letting her know that she was there for her.

~You are so good for her, Ean. She is stronger since the ceremony and yet still so innocent to the evils in the world. She has had her first blow. It is good that she was sleeping when you mentioned Erebus' brother and niece killing her mother. Remember what Arawela told Aurora. She will pay and pay dearly. Aurora will figure that out soon and her first instinct will be to protect you, Ean. I don't know what she will do, but you hold her heart and soul. She will protect you with her life if need be so keep watch when she finds out that Arawela had a hand in this.~

It was right then that Aurora stiffened, "Arawela. Where was she when Momma was taken?", she asked herself sitting up. She turned to Ean then to Erebus. "Can you find out where Arawela was when Momma was taken and killed? Was it she or her father who gave the order?" She was beginning to put it together slowly, but she was still under the impression that they had given the order, not done the evil deed themselves. Beau cast Ean a thoughtful, knowing look for he knew his mistress and she would protect the one who held her heart with her very life if need be. And that person was Ean.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Erebus looked at Aurora as she said the words, glancing to Ean and then back to Aurora. He could see that Ean wanted to break the news, but he couldn’t allow him to do it, he had to be the one who received the brunt of the reaction, it was, after all, his kin that had done the deed, “Word is… Arawela herself did the torturing and the act of murder itself.”

He saw Aurora’s face react to the news and he spoke, “I… I don’t know how to say this, she…”

He paused and looked at the floor, swallowing hard before looking back at her, “Remember when I told you that she was going insane? This is what Druids do, what they become. She is not of her right mind, just like her father, they are insane with power right now, every act is not rational or logical, but each is planned, calculated and precise. The lust for dark power feeds on it’s own momentum, it grows and creeps through the mind until it actually starts to consume itself and the Druid dies from their own ambition. It is a strange thing, the drive to gain more power causes erosion of the mind until irrational behavior is all that remains, and finally the self sense of invulnerability gets you killed. We have seen it time and time again through the ages, Druids that cause their own destruction by pursuing dark power.”

He sighed heavily as Lexy set his tea down beside him and took a seat beside her sister. Looking at the floor he spoke, “I saw this coming… not murder, at least not such cold and precise hunting like this… damn they must be desperate to do such a thing. The search for death typically occurs in mass quantity, high numbers because death fuels the power. To hunt an individual and destroy her with such precision is unusual, which is what makes it so much more puzzling, they must really feel a threat to go to such lengths.”

Ean looked at Erebus and spoke, “You said that they are calculated and precise… what do you think is their next target?”

Erebus looked up and Elizabeth spoke up, “How could he know that Ean? He has not been part of the planning.”

Ean looked at her, “No, but he knows their minds, he even said last time we talked to him that they are causing seismic interruptions, I think of all the people in the room he would have the best insight.”

Erebus looked up at Elizabeth and then to Ean, “I don’t know… I…”

Suddenly his eyes went wide and he whispered, “California…”

Lexy, Ean, Aurora and Elizabeth all immediately reacted with pale expression. Erebus looked at them, “The San Andreas Fault… one strong quake along that fault line could kill millions in under a minute, and shift the tectonic plates enough to affect millions more with fire, floods … death.”

He looked at the siblings and Aurora, “My guess is that is their next target, Japan must have been the test run.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:19 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBannerShe couldn't breathe.  She tried to, but the breaths just wouldn't come at Erebus' words.  She felt Ean's hands rubbing her back as she struggled to take a breath.  Finally, after a few moments, she was breathing normal again but her eyes burned with more tears.  How many more could she cry?  Surely one would run out of tears, she thought to herself as they trailed down her cheeks.  It had begun then.  Arawela was making good on her word and she was going to make Aurora pay.  Through her loved ones.  She sat there, quiet and subdued, listening to the others talk.  At the mention of California, she paled along with the rest of them.  

"We have to stop them.....somehow, we have to stop them."

She then turned to Ean, her mind turning as she thought about who Arawela might go for next while she was murdering hundreds of thousands of others.  She had to protect him.....she couldn't let anything happen to him.  She wouldn't survive if she lost Ean and she knew it.

While Lilly danced outside, Sionn would receive a phone call to his personal cell. It was Harold, the great Scotsman charged with the protection of Aurora and her mother while Aurora grew up. He'd found the phone number tucked inside Aurora's mother's wallet and recognized the name, knowing that at one time Sionn and Aurora were close.

"Sionn...you doona know me lad but I am calling with word for you and yer family. Aurora's mother has been murdered by Arawela and her father. They have one of the arrows and are trying to find out how the magic works with it.......Aye....the lass has completed the ceremony. She is now one with the bow. And, Sionn......be careful. Arawela is making good on her threats to Aurora and you are on that list. The lass still cares for you and always will even though her heart belongs to another. She would blame herself if anything were to happen to you. I for one, am coming home. I have been away from bonny Scotland for too long and there is still Aurora to protect. So long as she lives my work is not done. Take care lad and watch yer back."

Hanging up the phone, Harold turned in the cabin where Aurora was raised. He would miss this place, but he ached for his homeland. And, he'd been sworn to protect Aurora and her mother when it was known that the lass was the bearer of the bow and half druid at that. He would miss her mother sorely, but Aurora was still alive and therefore needed protection. He had no doubt that Ean could protect her....he remembered the lad and he'd been a bear of a lad growing up. But with what they were up against, they would need all the help they could get. It was time to return home.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Ean looked at Aurora, and the way she looked at him. He shook his head softly and stood, walking over to the mantle. He touched his finger to several of the bricks in rapid succession, and the bricks slid away, revealing a tucked in space beside the fireplace. He reached in and removed a massive, hand and a half sword and tossed it on the couch, then he grabbed a second smaller blade and tossed it to Lexy. Finally he reached and removed a third blade, small, slender, and sheathed in a light leather. He walked over and handed it to Aurora, “I had this dagger made for you, it is made from Viking steel, salvaged and rebonded from an Ulfberht Viking sword. The blade was found over a hundred years ago by one of my ancestors, no doubt left behind during one of the Viking invasions that occurred frequently on Scotlands shores. I had it melted down and reforged for you many weeks ago, with the intent of giving it to you when you passed your Squireship and became a fully named Knight. That time is still years away, however I think if we are going to go forward in this fight, you are going to need it.”

Lexy’s eyes went wide at the sight of the dagger and she turned to look at Elizabeth who shrugged slightly and looked at Ean, “Are you…”

Ean brought his hand up to stop his sister and spoke, “More than I have ever felt I would.”

She nodded and left it at that. Lexy’s gestured a look of amazement and turned to Aurora with a smile, “We are in sister, we are all in with you.”

She walked over and placed a hand on Aurora’s shoulder, looking over at Erebus, “And where does this leave you Erebus?”

Erebus looked at Lexy, conviction on his face, “I have never walked a path I did not intend to see through to the end, and this is no different. I am with you, until the end.”

He looked at Aurora, the lingering love for her left his eyes as he buried his emotions deep inside of him. He forced a smile, “Your mothers death will serve as a reminder to me at all time, to see this thing through until the end, I promise you.”

He stood and looked at the siblings, “I will return in the morning with my gear, I have a means to get us to the United States, and from there we will work to see this done.”

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 SionnBanner

Sionn hung up the phone and turned to look at his father, “Aurora’s mother is dead, Arawela killed her.”

Erich sighed heavily, “Just as we predicted.”

Sionn nodded, “It is not like a Druid to leave any stone unturned or leave any loose ends untucked.”

Erich sighed and put his hand on Sionn’s shoulder, “Take those who are here and will accompany you, it must be balance, at all cost.”

Sionn nodded and went back inside with his father to tell those assembled at their house that the time was now to make a decision of onvolvement.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBanner
was thoroughly confused as she looked at the dagger and heard Lizzy's question to her brother along with his reply.  She slowly reached for the dagger, admiring the workmanship and the sharp blade itself.  It was beautiful in it's own way and perfectly suited for her small size.  She looked at Erebus, hearing him as well and his conviction.  

"Thank you, Erebus...I am sorry that you have to go up against your own family.  It can't be easy for you", she said to him before turning back to Ean.  "I don't understand, Ean.  What is it you feel more than you ever thought you would?  And why give me this dagger when I haven't finished my training?  I haven't earned it yet, Ean."

She turned her dark eyes up to him, smiling as Lexy spoke about all of them being in with her only to look back at Ean, worry filling her doe eyes as she thought about Arawela's threat to her.  She'd already begun to make her pay with the death of her mother......she wouldn't survive it if anything happened to him.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Erebus looked at Aurora before he left, his eyes full of conviction, “All is how it needs to be, and my families path will be dealt with in the end.”

He looked at the siblings and then back to Aurora, “Until tomorrow then.”

Ean turned and looked at Aurora as Erebus left and his eyes filled with love, his face opening into a broad smile. Elizabeth stood and looked at her brother, her eyes wandering to Lexi and grabbing her by the hand, “Come little sister, I think there are dishes that need tending, I will give you a hand.”

Lexy looked up at Elizabeth with disappointment, clearly she wanted to stay and listen but with hesitation she stood and was practically drug into the kitchen, looking over at Ean. Ean waited until they left and turned back to Aurora, smiling softly from under his beard, “Ulfberht steel is magical, even the eldest of our kind have no explanation for its origin. What we do know is that it is so pure that even under modern electron microscopes hardly a flow can be found in it. My Great Grandfather acquired this steel while walking on some of our ancestral land when he was a wee lad. It has passed to the eldest son and was to be made into a weapon ‘when the time was right’ … of course with my oldest brothers death the steel passed to me. The time is right, the time for YOU to use this steel to protect yourself when channeling spirit. The Viking warriors who wielded this steel were almost unkillable, the fact that we have this steel in our family is almost a miracle, but I don’t believe in coincidence and I believe that the right time and the right place is now. I am giving it to you because since your training is not complete, the steel will amplify your use of spirit, and someday it will enhance it beyond measure.”

He leaned forward and smiled lovingly, “I give to you the most precious treasure in our estate, pure, Ulfberht steel.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBannerAurora was still in shock that Ean had gifted her with such a precious gift as the Ulfbehrt dagger.  Her fingers ran lovingly over the blade before she looked up into his eyes, raising a hand to lovingly cup his cheek as he bent over her sitting in the chair.

"I will treasure this, Ean....thank you", she said, tears shining in her dark eyes.  She then pulled him down to her to kiss him lovingly and deeply.  When she finally broke the kiss, her eyes were even darker, her cheeks flushed as she smiled looking away suddenly embarrassed.  "I need to practice with the bow, Ean....there is a lot that I have to learn and only the bow and the ancient memories that are now roaming around inside my head can teach me.  In order to do that I need to strengthen my bond with the bow".  

She was talking rather rapidly, her nervousness and embarrassment at the kiss she'd initiated showing.  But she also needed to strengthen the bond between her and the bow as well as become familiar with the Ulfbehrt dagger.  

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 The_li10

Lilly was still outside, no longer dancing around but now she was just walking around, enjoying the evening chill as well as she found it relaxing after everything that had happened over the past few days.  She made no hurry to rush back inside, unaware of the phone call about Aurora's mother.  Instead, even though her bare feet were now thoroughly chilled she was still enjoying feeling the soft moss between her toes, the Scottish Earth under her feet.  She was standing to the side of the rear entrance door about twenty feet away from it with her face tilted up to the night sky and the full moon.  She looked serene and content the full moon's light shining down on her pale skin and dark hair.   Sighing, she knew that she would have to return inside soon, but she was in no hurry to do so at the moment.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Ean smiled as her vulnerability showed and he spoke softly, "You will be grand lass, I know it." As Aurora removed the blade she would see that inlaid, just above the hilt, was the arrowhead of her house, it was visible enough be seen without glinting to avoid refracting light. He smiled as she gasped softly and brushed one of his sausage sized fingers across her cheek gently.

He turned and looked towards the kitchen, "Lex, Lizzy, get oot here!"

The two sisters poked their heads out and then walked over to where he and Aurora were. He stepped over to Lexy and hugged her tightly, pulling a small box up from under his vest, "This is for you."

Lexy looked at him and then to the box, absolute confusion and curiosity on her face. She opened the box and inside was a second dagger, she gasped and put her hand over her mouth, hugging Ean tightly, then withdrawing slightly so she could unsheath the ornately made weapon. Like Aurora's, it was perfect for her size, the blade ran end to end with celtic knots laid in where the normal blood line of a war dagger would be. The steel was dulled to avoid flashing, like Aurora's. She looked back at him, a tear in her eye, "Thank you brother, thank you so much!" She leapt forward again and hugged him tightly.

He turned and looked at Elizabeth and smiled, "Obviously sister, I can no give you steel, but I can give you this", He reached into his vest again and removed a small box. She took it and looked up at him, "Brother..." Ean shook his head and gestured to the box. As she opened it she too gasped and looked up at Ean, "How?"

He smiled and spoke softly, "There was enough steel to make six daggers, the other three I was able to sell for a considerable amount, enough to get you..."

"...A Geu'airtein."

He smiled and nodded, "Aye."

Elizabeth turned to Aurora who was staring at the small, dazzling stone about the size of a marble in Elizabeth's palm. Elizabeth looked at her and smiled as she cried, "It means 'wind stone', they are very rare and are used for channeling magic. Like my sun stones they can store magical energy, but they don't deplete as they can draw magic even in the dark."

She reached forward and hugged Ean tightly, "I can never thank you enough brother."

He hugged her tightly and spoke, "I was no planning on giving these to you three yet, however, with what is coming..."

He leaned back and looked at them all, "We are gon' need all the help we can muster. I...," His phone rang in his pocket and he pulled it out, showing it to them, the caller ID read, 'S. McGhee', I sp'ose we know what this is about aye?"

He turned and walked towards the front door as he slid his thumb across the screen, "Aye. Tidings Sionn... Aye we heard, aye..." His voice faded as the door closed and he stepped away form the house.

Elizabeth looked at the dazzling gem in her hand and spoke, "Ne'er in my days did I think I would get one of these... just finding them is near impossible... I wonder how he..."

She looked up towards the window and looked out at Ean's broad back, fifty or so meters from the front porch. She simply smiled and looked back at the gem, "Well, I suppose I need to get goi'n straight away on a leather band to wear this in aye?"

She looked at Aurora and smiled, then to Lexy, and went up the stairs. Lexy looked at Aurora and smiled, "The steel in these daggers is worth about two million pound each... It's unbreakable, and more pure than any steel ever made... the secrets to it's purification was lost hundreds of years ago, the only way to get it anymore is to find a seller, and no one is willing to sell it... Ean had enough to make himself a handsome one handed sword, which makes this so much more generous."

She smiled and threw her arms around Aurora, "He means to have this relationship with you last, there is no other explanation."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBanner
Aurora watched as Ean gave his sisters their gifts, tears shining in her eyes at his love for his siblings. She didn't know what a windstone was, but it was clear that it was precious and hard to come by. And Lexy's dagger was clearly made of the same material as hers was. She was smiling from ear to ear, so much so that her face had actually begun to ache when the phone rang and she heard Ean say that it was Sionn. She still felt a little guilty for hurting him the way she did but she didn't regret it for she now had Ean.

When Lexy hugged her and told her about Ean wanting their relationship to last she blushed, hugging her back and then got her attention.

"Lexy.....I need your advice on something", she said clearly uncomfortable at she needed to talk to her about. "I want this to last as well.....I want to take this relationship to the next step but I don't know how to....", she looked down at her feet, a bright pink blush stealing over her cheeks, "I don't know how to let Ean know.....or if he'd even want to. I mean, nothing has been said about marriage or anything like that and I would never propose to him, that just wouldn't be right. But, what I'm trying to say is, ummmm, well......sharing a bed with him."

Now that she'd said it, she instantly wanted to retract her words, afraid that she'd overstepped even for her. "I'm sorry, Lexy....this isn't the time for me to be thinking about this. Forget I mentioned it.....there are more important things to worry about then taking mine and Ean's relationship to the next level." She smiled at her, still blushing a bright pink, "Now...let me see your dagger. Oh...the knotwork is beautiful."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 am

Lexy looked at Aurora with surprise, her eyes wide. Even Lexy, the quippy sass she was knew when to keep it under wraps. She looked at Aurora and spoke, even though Aurora tried to change the subject, “I am the wrong person to ask about that sort’a thing sister, I have no experience to speak of.”

As Aurora looked back up at her, her cheeks still flush Lexy smiled as best she could, but it was still sad, “Lizzy is no a good resource on the matter either, the only time she… did… that, was with Sionn McGhee, and the heartbreak she suffered has shied her away from relationships with men, ‘Magic is my only love,’ is the way she puts it.”

She grabbed Aurora’s hand and made her sit, looking across at her, “What I do know, is that if you love someone, and you two clearly love one another, then you should just let things progress as they will… for me personally, it is no something I want to step into lightly, probably not until I am married, if I am ever married.”

She looked at her toes and then back to Aurora, “It’s a big deal to give that much’a yourself away, it’s really ALL you can give a person. What I can tell you of my brother is he will no ask it of ya, he knows too well about Sionn McGhee and his ways, and he hates that part of him, though they are great friends… Ean has too much respect for women, most of all you.”

She smiled warmly now, her face showing a sisterly love for Aurora. She pulled the dagger that Sionn had given her from its sheath and handed it to Aurora, “Aye, the knot work is quite fancy… let me see yours.”

After a few minutes, Ean entered the room, both Lexy and Aurora went silent and blushed as he entered. He looked at them both with a quirked brow and spoke, “What are you two upt’a?”

Lexy stood and walked over to her brother, hugging him tightly, “No a thing brother, and this time I am telling ya the truth.”

She leaned back and kissed his bearded cheek, looking at him, “Thank you again for the present, you didn’a have to…”

He stopped her and spoke, “As the eldest it was my steel to do with as I pleased, and this was what I pleased.”

Lexy smiled and nodded, “It’s just that we would have ne’er expected such a thing.”

Ean looked at her with a smile and spoke, “I could have a great blade, or great family, I will choose family, and that steel will give us an advantage.”

He turned and looked up the stairs, “LIZZY! COME DOWN ‘ERE!”

Immediately Elizabeths foot steps could be heard in her bedroom, her door flew open and she padded quickly down the steps. Ean looked at her, smiling, but serious, “Sionn has made the acquaintance of some new friends, a Grey from Japan, a Punkie, and a Norseman. They are planning to accompany us to the U.S., I told them where Erebus thinks his brother and Niece will strike next. We are to go to the McGhee Manor in two days to assemble and then one of their jets will take us over.”

Elizabeth looked up at him, “But Erebus said he could get us there quicker.”

Ean nodded, “Aye, but I think it might be a good idea for us to bring them up to speed on where we are at and what we have seen. Also, they are probably gon’ need some convincing about Erebus.”

Elizabeth nodded in agreement, “Aye, we will do as you see best brother.”

Ean smiled and turned to Aurora, “I told them about your mother, Sionn said he is very sorry, and will tell his family the news.”

Aurora nodded softly and he smiled lovingly at her, “I will go call Erebus and let him know that there has been a change of plans, I will let him decide how he wants to move forward from here.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 KimikoBanner

Kimiko watched the young Irishwoman a few moments. She seemed to be full of such life, even more so than only a few days ago. As she watched her she thought of her brother, and though she remained strong not to show it, her heart grieved slightly. She stepped forward and softly cleared her throat, Lilly whipped around and her eyes flashed new colors, Kimiko bowed her head slightly in greeting and she spoke, “Hello Lilly.”

She looked past the young girl and into the landscape a moment and then brought her deep brown eyes back to Lilly’s own, “Sionn was going to come get you but I volunteered, he had to make a phone call to one called Ean, I would assume to communicate the death of the Sentinel in the U.S.”

She stepped forward, her frame barely seemed to move, she looked every bit the proper, straight Japanese woman, fully of dignity and respect, “I have decided to accompany all of you to the U.S., balance is misaligned and I must do what I can to tip the scales back to zero.”

She inhaled softly as the light drizzle beaded on her face, “Come little flower, the McGhee’s need to talk to all of us.”

She walked with Lilly, staying silent all the way back to the Manor, and took a place near the back of the room. Sionn stood in front of everyone and spoke, “A Sentinel was killed in the U.S., a Sentinel who had dropped herself off the radar and was living out her days in a secluded mountain range. Though this is no cause to investigate further in and of itself, she happens to be the mother of a young Sentinel named Aurora, who also happens to be the recent bearer of Hiawatha’s Bow.”

Kimiko instantly sat up straight and leaned forward slightly, she had not even been aware of the bow’s retrieval, much less that it had chosen a new bearer. Sionn continued, “More concerning is that Druids, the same Druids who we believe killed Aurora’s mother, have in their possession the Black Horn, if they figure out how to unlock it’s power we have a major problem on our hands. So with that said I will be leaving for the United States in three days, and any of you are welcome to join me, to be honest, any and all help would be appreciated and welcome as these two Druids are the most dangerous and potentially deadly that we have ever seen.”

He sighed heavily and cleared his throat, “Aurora, will be arriving here in two days, along with some old family friends, Sentinels from Clan MacGregor, House of Kells. As you may or may not know they are among the most powerful of the Sentinel houses, Ean and his two sisters will be coming as well. My family will be providing everything and all we need to see this journey through, so know that if you chose to come with us and fight the Druids that you will not be expected to contribute to any expenses. If there is anything you will need for the journey, please see my father Erich and he will see to it that you get it.”

He looked at Lilly and spoke, “Tomorrow on the morn, you and I will go to town and see about getting you some new daggers.” He smiled softly and then turned back to the crowd, “So, any questions?”
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:35 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich listened to the conversations and he smiled a little hearing another legenday weapon was coming to join them he tilted his head thinking on the USA. He heard if he had any questions Dietrich mearly shrugged he would join them he wanted to test steel on the druid.

"You can find me in the courtyard if any need me I will be glad to join you for the sake of balance." Bowing to all he left as he picked up his heavy axe on his way out placing it on his shoulder as he headed to his room to collect his weapons the discussion had him wondering if the druids would visit the dustbag of his old man who was head of Zietlos he reached his room sliding the four knives and two throwing hatchets into the harness and slid his long coat over his arm heading out axe still resting on his shoilder as he found what he had spotted on thier way in  an old grindstone as he slowly unwrapped the hierloom running his hands on the runes of the butterfly blades.

"Joten's Bane." His families nickname for the weapon as many legends spoke of merciless norsemen hunting the giant who had happily left humankind alone as he sat at the grindstone dropping the coat he placed the axe away against a wall the blade never seemed to dull on him as he took a worse for wear hatchet and to press its edge on the grinding wheel as pitched into motion with the erratic motions of his foot on the drive wheel.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 AuroraBannerAt the mention of her mother, Aurora's eyes filled with tears again as she looked into Ean's eyes filled with love for her as she nodded at the mention of calling Erebus.  She watched as he left, taking the phone into the kitchen to speak with Erebus.  She turned back to Lexy, giving her a sad smile, her heart still aching with the loss of her mother, her earlier conversation with Lexy pushed to the back of her mind.  She rose from the couch, mentally calling for Beau and Eryn, both spirit guides coming to her.

"I am heading up to my room to pack, Lexy and then lay down", she said her fingers going to her forehead as an ache had begun.  "Let Ean know when he's done speaking to Erebus if you would."

She hugged Lexy, a tear sliding down her cheek which she quickly wiped away, smiling sadly at her sister of the heart.

"The tears do stop eventually, don't they?", she asked her knowing that they would in time.  Right now though there were more important matters to deal with other than the death of her mother.

Once she was upstairs in her room, she quietly shut the door after Beau and Eryn entered, Eryn going to her perch and Beau jumping up into the large bed.  She pulled out her suitcase and packed what clothes she had.  Her ceremonial dress she left hanging in the closet along with the head band and moccasins.  She gently ran her hand over the soft doeskin, another tear escaping as it trailed down her cheek as she thought of her mother and the stories she'd told her as a little girl about the dress and the ceremony.  Next, she gathered up the bow and quiver of arrows, looking at them and wondering just how was she going to transport them.  She decided that she would worry about that in the morning, for now she was tired.

She pulled out her shorts and tank top heading to the bathroom where she chose at that time to run a warm bath, pouring in her favorite vanilla/amber bath oil.  Using the pull down shower head, she washed and rinsed her long hair before soaking for awhile.  After about forty-five minutes she drained the tub, drying off and towel drying her long hair.  She dressed in her shorts and tank top, leaving the bathroom to sit on her bed and brushed out her hair, her mood somewhat down in the light of whom she'd lost and yet she couldn't help but smile a little just thinking of Ean.  She knew that what was coming was going to be hard and dangerous, but she also knew that so long as they all were together, Lilly, Lexy, herself, Ean and Erebus, the could win this battle.  

"I will be okay, Beau....don't worry", she said to the wolf spirit as he looked at her, his amber eyes filled with worry.  "I just hope, even with her gone, she can forgive me for the last words I spoke to her."  She couldn't stop the quiet tears as they fell thinking about that last conversation with her mother.  "After tonight I will not cry because of her death, Beau.  She would want me to concentrate on the upcoming battle and protecting the man who holds my heart.  Tomorrow we leave for America and hopefully we will be able to stop whatever the two of them have planned."   She shivered thinking about Arawela and her father.  Never in her life had she dealt with any beings so evil and it frightened her while at the same time she wanted to make sure that Arawela paid for her part in her mother's death.

She finished brushing her hair out leaving it mildly damp as she lay down, wishing that Ean was there to hold her but knowing that Lexy was right.  But she could still wish that he was with her, in her bed.....just holding in his strong arms.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 The_li10

Lilly followed Kimiko back into the castle where Sionn was waiting for them.   She decided that she liked what Kimiko had called her.  'Little Flower'.  She liked that a lot better than 'Deadliest Flower in the World' as the O'Neil brothers had called her in their traveling circus.  

She listened to Sionn speak, her heart going out to this Aurora over the loss of her mother.  She'd decided while outside that she couldn't hold it against the girl for breaking Sionn's heart.  If it were meant to be between the two of them then they would still be together.  And, she knew what it was like to lose one's parents and from what little she'd learned, Aurora had lost her father at a young age and now her mother.  It wasn't something Lilly would wish on anyone.

But she couldn't help but smile when Sionn looked at her at the end of his speech, telling her that he would take her into town to see to it that she purchased her new throwing knives and daggers.  Once everything was done, she reached Sionn out in the hall, touching his arm softly to gain his attention.

"Sionn.....I will also be needing clothing.  Unless yer ma has the type of clothing I be needing to carry me many blades.  What I normally wear would have multiple small sewn in sheaths for me various blades.  And me boots were ruined as well."  She looked down, hating that she had to ask for the McGhee's to more than they'd already done for her yet she didn't have much of a choice.  And even though Annette had made it clear that she was now a part of their family, it still didn't set well with her that she was having to ask.  

"I would also like to know what I can be doing to repay ye and yer family for purchasing me blades and clothing."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 am

Sionn looked at Lilly, his eyes reaching into her, as if gently touching her very heart, “Lilly, all you need to do is accept what is being offered, do not offend my parents by constantly asking how you can repay them, graciously accepting what they give is payment enough aye?”

He smiled and leaned in closer, his long red hair falling in front of his face, “Don’t worry about clothing, I will take you to a fine shop in town, there is a man there who makes clothing for our family and he knows that our needs are… specific. He will not question why or for what purpose, he will simply build things as we ask, and he will be able to have it done before we leave in three days.”

He reached down and took Lilly’s hand, “Come, I have something to show you.” He lead Lilly through the now quiet Castle and brought her to a large room, filled along the walls with practice weapons. He hit a control panel on the wall and the light overhead came on. There was a large practice mat, indoor archery range, and everything that the family would need to keep up their skills. The room was humongous, most certainly the largest room Lilly had yet seen in the castle. Sionn continued to hold her hand as she gapped at the high ceiling and he spoke, “This, obviously, is the training hall for this castle. It was once the grand entertaining hall, the Clan Chief would do all his public entertaining in here. We of course, have modernized it and made it more appropriate for our needs.”

He walked across the mat, his hand still holding hers gently, the warmth of their skin creating a pleasurable sensation to ignite between their palms, “Here are practice daggers, and there,” he pointed to his right, “are targets for throwing.” She would notice that the targets had never been struck and the daggers all looked brand new, “Mum and Da had these brought in for you a day ago knowing you would need to have your skills accommodated.”

He looked at her with his sharp, green eyes and smiled, “Mostly however, I wanted to show you this.”

He again lead her, moving along the wall and stopping in front of a massive metal door. He punched in a long code and the doors internal chamber started to snap and whirl. A loud clunk echoed in the hall as the locks disengaged and Sionn grabbed a handle which had popped out of the smooth surface. With an almost effortless tug he opened the door and lead Lilly inside, “This is the weapon vault, where we keep the tools for battle.”

The vault was large, and contained every manner of blade, bow and hammer. It was clear that no expense had been spared on the weaponry this family used, several dozen hammers like Sionn carried in various shapes and sizes were on one wall, two racks of bows and thousands of arrows tipped in several dozen variants along another, an in the center was a small pedestal with a mahogany box sitting on top. Sionn walked over and picked it up, carrying it over to Lilly, “And this… is to start YOUR collection.”

He handed her the box. He noticed her hands were shaking slightly and he smiled, his charismatic smile was like a warm brush of the heart. As she opened the box, two dazzling daggers, matched and clearly perfectly center weighted lay in a shaped form covered in black velvet. He smiled as she gasped gently and spoke, “They are made of Ulfberht steel, a friend of mine was able to acquire some and sold me half of it, there was enough to make three daggers. Torri was given one, and we decided that you should have the other two.”

As she looked up at him he smiled warmly and leaned forward, pressing his lips gently against her own before she could make a sound.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 9:54 am

There was a soft knock and Ean entered before Aurora could tell him to enter. He stepped in and looked at Aurora, laying on the bed in her night clothes. He blushed softly through his beard and spoke, “I am sorry lass… I expected you to be asleep.”

He walked over, scratching Beau on the top of the head as he took a seat in the chair beside her bed and looked at her lovingly, “I know you are hurtin’ lass, we all are, we are all hurting for you.” He inhaled deeply and did his best to smile, “I just want’a tell you that I am here for you, and that I love you.”

He leaned down and as she lifted her chin up to him he kissed her softly. He then leaned forward and put his arm around her, pulling her to him while he still sat, and hugged her tightly, “You need to do me a favor,” he leaned back and she looked up at him, “When we are out there, fighting, do not concentrate on me…” she looked at him sadly and he continued, “I have been do’n this for a long time, and no matter what, you need to trust in my ability to protect myself aye?”

He leaned closer so his forehead was touching hers and he was looking into her eyes, “I know you enough to understand that you want to protect those you love, but I am asking you to protect the one I love, to focus on YOU. You have come a long way, and you are talented and skilled far and above many who have come before you, but you are still an initiate, you are still a Squire, and as a Squire you need to remember that you can no do it all yourself. Lexy, Elizabeth and me will all be there at yer side lass, and you have to trust us, even if you think something we are a’bout to do seems strange or wrong… we have experience fighting with one another, and we do no take unnecessary risks. I trust you with my life, as do my sisters, we need you to trust us, this will no doubt be the scariest, most dangerous combat any of us have ever face, you especially, we have to work as a team aye?”

He leaned back and looked at her eyes as he cupped her cheeks in his hands, “I love you Aurora, more than I ever thought I would love a woman.”

He smiled and leaned in, kissing her again, “I need to go an’ pack ma things, and we all need to get good rest. Tomorrow we will lock the house down so it will be safe until we get back. Rest well my love, I will see you in the morning.”

He kissed her one last time, tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and pulled her blankets up over her hips, allowing his finger to trace along her curve before stepping away from the bed and walking to the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: