Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment

Go down 
+2
SinTara
zinsk
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:00 am

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 TorriBanner

Torri had barely enough time to think as the arrow whizzed towards her at blinding speed. But think she did. Dropping to her knees and grabbing a handful of wet sand, she stood and lifted her hand over her head. Sand rose up in a thin column and became as hard as stone, just big enough for her to hide behind. As the arrow struck the column and stopped the arrow, the column dropped back down to the ground as though it had never been solid at all.

Just as she was getting ready to send another arrow towards Algernon, the biting flies attacked and like the others, she felt the sting of their acid and withered in pain. Once again thinking quickly, she dropped to the wet sand, pulling Lilly with her, and using her abilities with the earth called upon the sand to cover their bodies like a suit of armor to protect their skin from the biting flies.

The others were too far away for her to reach and as she saw the others still withering, she grit her teeth and yelled out at Sionn.

”Sionn! Make it too cold for them around you and the others.”

Whirling about with arrow notched and ready to fly at the sound of crashing wood, she fully expected to see some other sort of horrific creature coming at them when she saw what appeared to be just a man….with a rather large axe on his shoulder, observing the scene.

Her keen eyesight took in his appearance and she quickly surmised he had been a victim of the Tsunami. His soaked, disheveled body showing obvious signs of injury but he paid them no mind. His eye were like that of a hawk as he quickly assessed the situation and Torri wasn’t sure if he was friend of foe but she was certainly ready to make sure he would not be a problem if he were the latter of the two.

With her gaze still focused on the emerging presence of the man, she called to Sionn to alert him and the others to the new presence in their midst’s.

”Company! Not sure wh’way the pendulum swings yet.”
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:24 am

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Eba0k1

“Nothing like a drive down the coast.”
Kain said before pressing the accelerator just a little further, and his silver convertible roared in response. He decided to treat himself to a good time now that he had sent another swath of pages off to his publisher and ended several weeks of toil. It was good to be out in the early morning, breathing in the fresh air soaking in some intermittent sunrays and listening to some good old rock on his stereo. Though, in a speeding convertible having a stereo playing seemed kind of pointless. Of course, it wasn’t on because Kain was desperate to listen to some tunes, it was on to add to the atmosphere.

“Kainy, could you put on some Bieber, or something?”

Speaking of adding to the atmosphere…

“Wait -- exactly how old are you?” Was what Kain wanted to respond with, but that was never the right question, so he kept from uttering his knee-jerk response.

The blonde in the passenger seat certainly added a little je ne sais quoi. Finding her in the lobby of the hotel, having breakfast with her and enticing her to come along for the ride did seem incredibly lucky. Perhaps she had a thing for dwarfs? It could have been the snazzy suit, him buying her several vaguely alcoholic drinks or the promise of a nice drive along the coast in his convertible…
Whatever the case, the atmosphere he had built was sublime!
… As long as, uh -- Caroline?
No, no, it was Barbra.
As long as Barbra kept from talking.

“You know, I might actually have some Lady Gaga on here.” Kain thought.

“Ugh, I don’t listen to that trollop!” She responded.

“Oh… At least we’ve got the soundtrack of expert engineering and nature’s tapestry to feast our senses on, Barbra.” Kain tried to eloquently diffuse the situation.

“My name is Carla!”

Oh shit.

“Of course, Carla, I’m sorry. You just have this Barbra Streisand kind of quality to you.”

“Who’s that!?”

Exactly how old is this girl!?

“The singer and also actress; Barbra Streisand?” Even if it didn’t ring a bell, that was at the very least flattering, right?

Carla was quiet for a moment. “You think I have what it takes to be an actress?”

“For sure!” Kain said, gladly turning the conversation around.

“So you think you can get me a part in a movie, Kainy?” She asked, her voice soon turning as sweet as honey.

“Ehehe…” He chuckled somewhat nervously. He was taught to always be careful about letting other people know too much about him, his foster father had made this exceedingly clear. That was fine, Kain didn’t care, but if he couldn’t tell people about the books he wrote he had to come up with other things. Dwarf actor was one of his favorite lies. Easy to pretend you play aliens and goblins; who can tell who is really in those suits?
Maybe that’s why she was smitten with him?

“You’d have to get an agent for that kind of thing, my dear.”

“You should introduce me to yours!” She suggested with glee.

“Yeah, well, mine, uh, obviously only deals with specialty actors, like, well, me for instance.”

“You can’t tell me I’m not special too.” She said yet again turning on the honey with a good helping of temptress.

“I wouldn’t have offered to take you along if I didn’t know you were special, Carla.” He said looking at her from over the top of his sunglasses and gave her a smile.
Smoooooth.
For a dwarf.

“But you need an agent who knows how to properly promote you, my agent is very good with dealing with people like me, but you’re in a different class, you know?”

“I guess.” She said disappointed.

“It’s just how the business works.” Or so Kain imagined.

While Kain was distracted the road became increasingly more cluttered with leaves, branches and a thin layer of mud. Soon enough not even Carla could keep him from noticing the devastation the area up ahead had sustained. He slowly pulled his foot from the gas letting the car slow considerably.

“Maybe your agent knows someone to represent me?” Carla tried after a long moment of silence, but soon realized they were slowing down, “Hey! Why are we slowing down!?”

Kain didn’t pay much attention to Carla at this point and soon she too noticed the coastal scenery had taken a turn for the worse. And now, with the car slowing down and the roaring engine calming to a purr, the stereo system could suddenly be heard perfectly fine.
In full surround Kenny Loggins could be heard singing;

“Out along the edges
Always where I burn to be
The further on the edge
The hotter the intensity

Highway to the danger zone
Gonna take you
Right into the danger zone

Highway to the danger zone
Right into the danger zooooooooooone”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Indian10Aurora didn't know how long she'd slept in the tub, but when she woke the water had cooled.  She finished washing her body, the powder Lizzy had given her helping her feel better, a little more energy.  The bruises around her ribcage were now a pretty dark purple and tender as she dried off.  She dressed in a mint green soft sweater and a pair of blue jeans, covering her dainty feet with her doeskin boots.  She brushed out her long, damp hair, letting it flow around her and down her back to her waist.  She headed downstairs, still moving a little slowly and limping slightly.  She headed into the kitchen, seeing that no one was in there just yet and decided to make the supper she'd been wanting to make for a few weeks now.  Her and Lexy had obtained everything a couple of weeks ago but she'd never had the chance to fix the spaghetti.

She thawed out the frozen pound of ground beef and sausage in the microwave and fried both up, adding various spices to the cooking meat.  While that was cooking she made the garlic bread, pre-heating the oven.  During all that, she emptied the three cans of spaghetti sauce into a sauce pan and got it heating.  Once the meat was done, she drained the grease and then added it to the sauce, having already gotten the water boiling for the spaghetti noodles.  Stirring the sauce, she then added the noodles to the boiling water and put the garlic bread into the oven to cook.  

Next she fixed a simple salad with lettuce, radishes, carrots and tomatoes.  Once everything was finished, she set the table and heard them coming in as she placed the bowls of noodles and sauce onto the table along with the bowl of the salad and then the dressings.  She was aching but happy that she finally was able to fix dinner so that Lexy could have a break.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 The_li10
Lilly was shaking all over as Torri grabbed her and protected her from the biting flies, still not noticing her wound.  The insects were Lilly's worst fears, something that only a few knew about.  Her wound pained her, as she had made it bigger by clawing at it to get the biting flies off of her.  She then looked in the direction of the others and saw that Sionn had done as Torri had instructed, protecting the others.  It was then that she saw what Torri saw....the large man in the distance.  She turned to keep an eye on Algeron, withdrawing two throwing blades again, ready to what needed to be done if need be.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 SionnBanner

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 HibikiBanner

Sionn immediately concentrated and pushed his hands forward, the moisture in the air and it became so cold that everyones skin prickled and turned to goosebumps. The flies immediately twitched and fluttered to the ground in mass, dead. He ceased the spell and turned to look at the wound in Lilly's side, "Oh G'wd Lilly... I'm so sorry..." He looked up at Torri who was doing her best to tend the wound but it was bleeding and oozing mud. Sionn began to get to his knees when Kimiko crawled over and her eyes flashed as she touched Lilly's wound, it ceased bleeding but it wound still hurt. She looked at Lilly and spoke, "It won't be infected now, but I can do nothing about the pain."

Suddenly from behind them they heard a voice beginning to chant and Kimiko instinctually turned, thrusting her hands forward and a ball of fire exploded form her hands. Arawela dove to the ground, ceasing to cast and splashed into the mud. She looked up, her snow white face covered in mud and a twisted smile crossed her face, "Oh you are going to be fun to destroy..." She leapt to her feet and slapped both of her hands into the ground, her words of magic burst forth from her mouth and the ground exploded in all directions in a cone, right towards them. The earth began to split apart and widen into a massive crevice, almost identical to what she did at the McGhee's family home when she poisoned Sionn.

Hibiki leapt into the air and cleared the spance before it became too wide and began to sprint towards Arawela, the rest were too far to make the distance. Torri drew back and fired at her, and Arawela reached up, the arrow flicked in the air and right into the palm of her hand, Hibiki was in the air and coming down towards Arawela with both swords coming in a strike, when suddenly vines burst from the ground and tore his body in two. He hit the ground in a sickening, wet, splash. Arawela looked over at Algenon who was standing on the beach with both hands crossed, clearly having just cast a spell, and smiled at her father. Kimiko was dead silent for a split second and then a deafening cry of anguish escaped her mouth as she looked at the two halves of her brothers lifeless body.

The massive earth golem that Torri had created suddenly burst up again, having cleared itself from the sand Algenon had buried it in. Algenon turned his head and laughed, "This again..." He moved his hands in a whirl and the sea began to swirl up onto the beach around the feet of the golem who was trying to step out but was getting twisted in the force of the water.

Arawela turned and looked at Kimiko who was frozen with grief and hissed words of magic, bringing her hands up and the ground began to quake and shiver all around her.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 EanBanner

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 LexyBanner

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 ElizabethBanner

The Three siblings came when Aurora called them and gathered around the table. Lexy looked over the table and smiled as she looked at Aurora, "It looks absolutely wonderful sister." Elizabeth gave a quiet smile and Ean pulled out Aurora's chair for her. Once she and the other two ladies were sitting he sat. Lexy noticed the way Aurora sat gingerly and furrowed her brows looking at Ean, "You big Ox! You've hurt her today, I swear if you work her that hard again I won't feed you for a week."

Ean looked at her and then to Aurora, "Did I work ya too hard today lass?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 The_li10Lilly face was pale and drawn in pain but she was grateful to Kimiko for her aid.  She smiled down at Sionn who had knelt before her and shook her head, "Tis nothing.  Just a hole I made bigger by my fear of wee, flying beasties."  But her eyes, darkened a deep green in pain said differently.

Then the ground shook and she would've laughed at Arawela's mud caked face if the circumstances hadn't been so dire.  But when she witnessed what happened to Hibiki she thought she would be sick and then Kimiko's wail of grief snapped her out of her shock.  

"YE BITCH!!", she hollered as she ran as close to the crevice as she could, her blades flying with ungodly speed at the druidess only to turn her attention to Algeron and the golem Torri had made.  She looked over at Sionn, unsure what to do when a vine crept up towards her, wrapping around her ankle and pulling her to the ground.  She landed with a 'thud' then clawed at the ground as she was dragged towards the crevice.  Turning around, she unsheathed one of her larger blades and sliced into the vine, severing it from her ankle.  She went to stand when another came and grabbed her around her waist, the tip of it jabbing into her wound.  She screamed in pain as she was yanked off her feet again, pulling at the vine, the blade still in her hand as she began to slice through it again.  The tip of it was protruding from her wound, blood seeping from around it again.  This time she left it in there, hoping that by leaving it it would stem the flow of blood.  Turning, she made her way back to Torri to help her with her golem, again, blades flying from her hands towards Algeron this time.  She didn't get to see if any of them hit their mark when once again a vine wrapped around her ankle again, pulling her again to the ground.  

"BLOODY HELL!!  I HATE VINES!!", she hollered out as she again began to cut through it, glaring at Arawela across the crevice.  She got herself free once more and got to her feet when she looked down at the vine that was still lodged in her wound and screamed again.  It was wiggling around like a worm, boring in deeper, muck and blood seeping from the growing hole.  She dropped to the ground, gripping the end of the piece of the vine and pulled on it, trying to keep it from going any deeper.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Indian10

Aurora looked up Ean and flushed, "No...I am fine.  Just a little sore, Ean.  It will pass."  She fixed her plate but was unusually quiet throughout the whole dinner and when she moved certain ways it was hard for her to keep her face from showing her discomfort but still she said nothing.  She understood why Ean had done what he'd done that day during training and held no blame towards him.  She smiled watching the others eat her spaghetti, glad that they enjoyed it for she wasn't sure that they would like it.  Once finished, she stopped Lexy from clearing the table, "No, Lexy....you and Ean have fixed breakfast, lunch and supper since I arrived here and have done most of the clean up.  This time I am doing it all.  You go relax...don't worry about me."  She turned, gathering the plates and limped to the kitchen to begin washing up.  When she ran into the edge of the fridge she gave a small cry as the handle hit her bruised ribs but didn't stop as she opened the fridge to put away the left-overs.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 am

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 ArawelaBanner

Sionn could not believe that Hibiki was dead, the lifeless remains of his shredded body lay on the ground, his blood soaking into the already sodden soil. He picked himself up and began to move, following the massive crevice that Arawela had etched into the earth and hissed magical words as he came towards an area where the spance was narrower. He leapt into the air and landed nimbly, and then turned on a dime, charing straight for Arawela. She turned from the spell she had been casting at Kimiko and flashed a toothy grin, whispering, "That's right pretty boy, come to me..."

Kimiko stood upright as the ground around her settled. Power began to flash all around her, clearly the grief she had been showing only seconds before was replaced with rage. She turned and looked at Torri, she had heard that someone knew was in the area, and with a passing glance she had seen the massive looking man with the enormous axe, however he had not joined the fight, on either side, and for now she would not consider him a threat, or an ally. She pushed magic through her body and it smashed into Torri, the impact was like a soft push in the back. As Torri turned instinctually to defend herself Kimiko gestured towards Algenon and her voice echoed in the young Fara's mind, "Kill the father, I will help Sionn deal with the daughter."

She turned again and whipped her hand in the air, a golden streak of light erupted from her hands and struck Sionn in the legs, his movement speed immediately increased five fold and he was now a blur etching a thin line towards Arawela. The Druidess' eyes went wide and she moved her hands in unison, a massive black shadow ungulfed her and Sionn burst into it, a loud thud could be heard and a scream echoed from within as Sionn exploded out the other side. The shadow faded and Arawela was stumbling, holding her ribs where Sionn's hammer had struck her. She turned and looked up at him, and then felt the impact of the spell Kimiko had cast at her. The impact drove her backwards about ten meters as she slid through the mud. She rolled over and spit blood, her face twisted with evil and anger. Sionn charged again, his hammers flashed with lightening and he brought them up to strike. Arawela hissed again and the sea weed which had been washed up all around them twisted and came to life, forming a thick rope that grabbed Sionn by the waist and thrust him into the ground with so much force the wind could be heard escaping his body like a canon going off. His hammers left his hands and the energy surrounding them fizzled. He coughed and wheezed into the mud as Arawela scrambled to her feet, wincing in pain but a smile that reflected her thrill stretched across her face.

Kimiko moved to the edge of the crevice, she instinctually zapped the little vines that kept trying to grab her, almost like a horse whipped away mosquitos. She narrowed her eyes on Arawela and spoke, "Now you die..." Arawela flashed her smile again, blood and dirt covered her face. Kimiko chanted and thrust her hands forward, golden streaks of light began to exit her finger tips, dozens of them streaking and twisting through the air at Arawela. The Druidess countered with a spell that sent purple and black stones from her fingers, streaking and exploding as they bashed Kimiko's spell from the air. The two remained, separated by one hundred meters, the smell of burnt ozone and flash boiled water began to permeate the air, both ladies gritting their teeth, determined to wipe the other out.

As Aurora winced Lexy stood and walked over, lifting her shirt without asking permission and looked at the bruise on her ribs. She grit her teeth and yelled, "EAN!"

Ean came in and Aurora tried to protest but Ean looked at the bruise and then to Lexy, "What of it?"

Lexy stepped forward, even though he dwarfed her she looked like she would wrestle him to the ground in a heartbeat, "You KNOB! Look at what yer training did to her today!"

Ean looked, nodded and then spoke, "Aye, it is the same training that any Sentinel of her level would experience."

"But she is your love!"

Ean smiled and nodded, "Aye, which is all the more reason to see to it that she can defend herself, and know the manner of fighting through pain."

Lexy furrowed her brows and hissed, "You ne'er did this to me."

Ean nodded, "Aye, because your path is different, you are a healer, capable of special magic that most Sentinel can no wield... the training is different. You learn to use spirit to defend to a level, but you are focusing on no being int he front of the battle... she is. She needs to know what an impact on the armor feels like, how it affects the body, and mostly, how to continue on. It seems brutal, but through the training she will learn to carry on, no matter what, no matter how much it hurts. THAT is how a fight is won."

Lexy sighed and turned, looking at Aurora. She could see in her eyes that she Aurora was in no manner upset, in fact it was almost as if she already knew what Ean had just said. She turned to Ean, "You discussed all this with her already haven't you?" Ean nodded, "Aye, and she knew that today was going to hurt, she knew I was no gon' to hold back, that I was going to hit her when I saw the chance, and that she too was to hit me..." He lifted his shirt and turned, a bruise about the width of a wooden training sword and about half a meter long went across the small of his back, "She is no the only one who is feeling the sting of today's lessons aye."

Lexy looked wide eyed and turned to Aurora, "Good for you lass, you got one good wallop in on the lad!"

Elizabeth laughed and stepped in, "Lexy, now that you understand a wee bit better, perhaps we could all settle down and enjoy our evening."

Lexy looked at her, realizing that she had again let her temper get the best of her, "Aye... I am sorry, to all of you."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:02 am

[quote="RPMistress"]

Torri was torn between the possible new threat and the ones they already faced. Seeing the large man merely observed, for now, she turned her attention back to the fray at hand just in time to hear Kimiko’s scream pierce the air. Whirling around with notched arrow ready to go again, she saw what remained of Hibiki after Arawela’s vines ripped his body in half. She felt a gasp leave her throat.

How she hated that woman now more than ever. She was just getting ready to fire an arrow when she felt the push from her back. Whirling about, certain the stranger was about to join them again, she heard Kimiko
S voice and felt a strange sensation fill her body. It was unlike anything Torri had felt before and without a second glance, she did what her instincts required of her. Seeing that Algernon was once more occupied with her golem, she concentrated on him and felt the seaweed around them begin to move as she moved her hands.

The seaweed began to wrap itself around Algernon’s legs and when it had a firm grasp, it quickly upended him and dangled him upside down while other seaweed vines began to wrap around his wrists to hold his arms straight out from his shoulders. It looked as though he was being crucified upside down. His wild hair dangled in dirty, tangled clumps from his head and for a brief moment, Torri thought he looked like a rather odd looking Coupee Doll from a rundown carnival.

The vines seemed to have a much stronger hold than usual and Torri was certain it was because of the magic Kimiko had pressed into her being. And she wasn’t about to take that gift for granted. As the water stop swirling around the Golem, Torri concentrated her efforts on the creature and commanded it to be her strength. As soon as the creature righted itself and became steady on its feet, it faced Algernon who still dangled before it. Raising its massive tree and shrubbery arms high over its head it drew them together. Torri aimed to smash Algernon with the help of her Golem and stain the debris riddled shoreline with his blood and guts. Just as Arawela had done with Hibiki.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Treegolem
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:57 am

Algenon was upended and upside down, he dangled and the more he pulled the tighter the vines became. Realizing this quickly he stopped, going as limp as a dead fish, and simply watched the golem approaching him. He could feel the tingle of magic all around them, he saw as the golem approached, and he could feel the connection between it and the woman who had created it. An insane smile crossed his face and simply watched and waited.

The golem stepped in and the massive arms swung together, the hands of twisted wood, plant and debris smashed together making a squishing sound, and a massive splash of black water burst forth where Algenon had just been dangling. The Golem reared back, almost as if in pain, and flailed about, clawing at it's own body, twisting and writhing as a dark ooze began to cover it. Torri would feel an immense pain in her muscles as long as she maintained the connection with her golem.

The earthen beast lumped over into a pile and clawed at the sand, rolling over onto it's stomach and pressing the now black arms into the sand. A black, tar like substance dripped off the creature, now completely engulfed in it and turned to look at Torri. There was no mistaking it, Algenon was looking at her through the creatures eyes, narrowed right on her. Standing the beast, possessed by Algenon began to make it's way right for her.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Torri felt a second of satisfaction when she heard the squishy sound of the obliterated Algernon and turned to see Sionn barely able to make it up, coughing and choking and holding his side, from the hard slam he took from Arawela’s seaweed throwing him to the hard earth.  She was just getting ready to grasp a bolt from her quiver when she felt a pain she had never felt before in her life.  It was so overwhelming that all she could do was moan and drop to the ground, curling into a fetal position.

Her muscles ached so bad she felt tears stinging her eyes.  When she heard and saw her creature withering about and saw the black ooze coming from it, she knew the reason for her pain and suffering.  She HAD to act.  There was no way she couldn’t.  She was the only one who could end the pain.  End the misery now.

It took every ounce of strength she had, and even them she had to pause a few times to catch her breath, to pull a bolt from the quiver on her back.  Trembling hands, shaking from the pain she was feeling, carefully placed the bolt on her bow.  Once she tried to pull the string.  Twice she tried again.  Finally a third time and she cried out in pain as her muscle pain increased as a protest of her making them do something they didn’t want to do.

Unable to draw a proper bead on the beast, she had to pray her aim was true on the lumbering giant as he grew ever closer to her.  With one final heave, feeling the compound pull of the bow settle into place, she grit her teeth and uttered one final prayer for her bolt.

”God speed.”

She released the bolt and slumped to the ground.  Torri didn’t even see of her aim was even close but she did hear the explosion from the bolt as it struck something close to her.  The tip of the arrow she used was an explosive head and she had to destroy the Golem entirely in order to break the connection they shared.  Hopefully, she would take Algernon with it but Torri knew someone like him was like cat shite on a crowded beach.  Every time you turn around, a pile of it was being uncovered somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Dietrich_zps57091a19

He had watched the events unfold with his dull almost board like gaze till he watched the man turned to smoothie splat across the floor... mixed fruits yummy and the events just got worse his compromised neutrality quickly showed its signs as he ran a hand through his beard doing no favors for the grizzled thing it didn't straighten. He took action finally hefting his axe off his shoulder putting it into a comfortable grip he watched the duo rag doll the first druid woman as he smiled magick did interesting things but someone decided to make a monstrosity.

He watched the possession in slow time as he began to move towards Torri seeing her struggle to loose an arrow as he watched it fly he decided not to move to her and changed it to an intercept for the golem incase it missed someone had to keep an eye on the monster, but who was keeping an eye on him? He let the question hang in his mind as his huge strides ate the ground soft his boots did dig in but he kept himself moving his peppered leg complaining with dull aches and more blood dripped into his boots filling them like a good set of wellies.

The dull ache in his arm was worrying him it wouldn't ease he wondered if it had fractured but such thoughts were pushed out his mind as he slowed his jog to a slow stride measuring each step with the distance afterall you never wanted a person to step on the inside of your axe swing it made things... awkward? his eyes following the arrows arc.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:34 pm

As the arrow sailed along it's swift and low path, the magical enhancements Kimiko had placed on Torri's bow enhanced the impact, and the explosion split the golem in half, shards and pieces blew out in all directions, along with the thick, foul smelling black ooze that were dripping off of it. Everything the black ooze came into contact with began to wither and die, or crumble if it wasn't living foliage. As the large halves of the golem slumped over and fell to the wet sand, Algenon rose up from within the middle, dripping with the black ooze and looked over at the massive figure who was now charging at him. He gave a wry smile, clearly inviting the challenge.

Before he responded however he turned to look at Torri who was laying on the ground panting. He also observed the duel of magic occurring between Arawela and Kimiko, but he knew his daughter could hold her own and returned his eyes to Torri. His eyes fixed on her and he lifted his hand, black ooze began to run from his palm and covered the sand, he whispered, "Let's see how you handle a truly powerful golem little Stormborn."

He turned and watched the Norsman closing the gap and turned his shoulders, squaring off. He lifted his hands and let out a warcry as the water along the shoreline began to bubble and swirl, waves began to lift and crash, getting bigger by the second, smashing sand and shells into the air. The salty spray began to mist up and shroud the area with lower visibility and he whispered through the mists, "How well, oh man of the north, can you fight in the dark?"

The black golem lifted up, standing about 15 meters tall and zeroed in on Torri. It moved slow, each step sending out stinking black liquid that devoured everything it touched. Rock crumbled and foliage withered where ever it stepped, and it was zeroed in on Torri. Sionn stood and screamed, ignoring Arawela now and making his way as fast as he could towards his sister.

Kimiko grit her teeth, never in her life had she felt such power from a Druid, especially one so young. She dug in her heels and pressed more magic through her body, feeling its tiring effects, but knowing she would give her life to defeat this woman. Her golden bursts of light and magic exploded like fireworks in all directions, blinding any who looked upon them, sending sparks in all directions as it collided with Arawela's dark magic. Arawela grit her teeth and pressed back, drawing on the shadow and darkness to strengthen her, the heirs of Poe filling her with their power, whispering her name as they filled her with their abilities. Suddenly the magic that was closing in around her was thrown back, a massive mixing of shadow and light exploded back at Kimiko and blew her back into the soft mud. Her body flipping and looping over like a rag doll as Arawela slumped over, holding her stomach, the effects of her own magic taking heavy toll on her body as well.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:56 pm

"As a north man I love the dark".

He held no fear it was a disadvantage he hadn't expected so early as he kicked up some dirt into his hand with the tip of his boot rolling it in his hand he slowly pivoted on the spot, axehead slowly lowering to the ground resting softly as he let the arm relax the blood was seeping out the wound in his forearm a little too fast being tensed he was beginning to dig his back foot into the dirt for stability he didn't want to lose his footing if he was charged

"You almost looked ready to accept my challenge, then this?" He filled his lungs with air as he gave a Norse bellow into the fog probably loosely translated to yellow bellied coward but who knew. He would have followed the golem if he didn't feel as though he could expect a fireball, vine, ice shard anything harsh into his back from this man as he stopped rolling the mud in one hand it had become a sphere as he held it within a firm grip, his knuckles were white on his axe on the one hand no doubt came over him as he stood in that mist his ear twitching but anything was muffled in the blasted thing even the dull boom of the golems footsteps moving away from him. he hoped?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Algenon shifted in the fog and pressed towards the Norseman, his voice echoed through the fog cold and tainted, "You should have stayed put..."

The fluttering of wings, then the sound of swirling wind, and finally the screech of something vile filled the air, Dietrich could see shadows flurrying all around him, leathery wings beating off the mists. From within the fog a black gargoyle burst forth, all four limbs aimed at Dietrich, dark claws dripping with black, vile smelling liquid.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Eba0k1

Kain maneuvered his silver car along the coastal road, though he couldn’t even be sure he was still technically on the road. The area was getting worse and worse, whatever had happened, it had done quite a number on the coast. Kain had to drive around all manner of rubble, no longer was it just leaves and branches but entire rocks and smaller trees which had been snapped by the force of the washing water. Kain wasn’t sure what was the cause of it all, a mudslide perhaps? The gentle weather made it pretty obvious it couldn’t have been a storm…

Neither Kain nor Carla had said a word for the past five minutes, Carla probably didn’t have anything useful to say anyway and Kain was busy keeping an eye on the road and possible signs of danger up ahead. But then Carla grabbed her handbag and rummaged through the numerous little things women kept in those until she retrieved her pink, glittery smartphone from within.

“Good thinking.” Kain said once he saw her fiddle with her phone.

Carla kept frantically tapping her phone, which made Kain wonder why she hadn’t made a call to the authorities yet.

“What’s keeping you?”

Keeping me?” Carla asked confused, but quickly shook her head, “I’m busy, I don’t have time for your riddles.”

“Why are you not calling the police!?

Carla couldn’t fathom a world in which she would want to call the police and pried her gaze off of her phone just long enough to give Kain a look that made it quite clear that was the dumbest thing he could ask of her at a time like this.

Kain didn’t know what that look meant or how to properly respond to it, but he gave it a shot anyway; “Well, why aren’t you!?”

“Why aren’t you!?” She replied.

“I’m driving the car!”

I’m driving the car.” She parroted in a mocking voice as she held out the phone in front of her and took a picture. “Well, I’m putting a status update on Facebook!”

Kain felt the sudden urge to facepalm, but he didn’t want to take his hands off the wheel and smacking his head into the steeringwheel also seemed irresponsible, he’d have to make do with gritting his teeth.

“If you’re done with that, though, maybe…?” Kain suggested half a minute later.

“Tweeting.” Carla informed him, “And no, I won’t call the police when I’m done tweeting either. Look around, don’t you think people have noticed already?”

Kain didn’t agree with the girl’s mindset, but she had somewhat of a point. Though if this disaster was already well known to the authorities it was at the very least suspicious that there was a complete lack of roadblocks, ambulances and helicopters whizzing about.

“Alright, fine. But keep an eye out, who knows what we’ll find in the wake of this catastrophe.”
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:13 pm

He could only snarl his distaste at the thing leaping at him with all limbs extended he shifted his entire corpse of a body forcing the pain away as he forced himself to turn away from the blow his axes weight would have slowed him if it wasn't the first thing to move spiraling taking a limb as a claw whistled past his mid rift the gargoyle giving a deafening screech he didn't even watch the creature as he regained himself sure footing and a watchful gaze as his eyes began to sting trying to pierce the fog to find the source of the gargoyle as he placed the mud in a big pocket. He sighed as he took two hands to the axe not finding the mad druid as he took on the monster a man from legend as he slammed the blades side like a spade batting the claws away as it hobbled on an unsteady foot bringing it round to attempt to slice another limb the axe not pausing for a minute and the minor adjustments in midswing grazing the gargoyle as it tried to dodge.

"A thousand slices before death?" An old torture method brought to mind as he continued to look around for the druid that had almost surprised him in all this darn fog as he wanted to yell out his frustration but he kept his calm losing nerve led to mistakes and well mistakes led to some serious problems. He kept the gargoyle within his sight range in the thick mist not letting it get away he wanted to forget the druid and have his fun with the chattering and screaming thing but he had to keep an eye on the black ooze and this druids fondness of using it as he sliced off another claw it stood comically presenting its stumps as if asking.

"Why?" Though he quickly noticed the ooze gathering again was this thing going to regenerate or was that its blood? He raised an eyebrow of interest would it never die for his enjoyment?
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 The_li10Lilly saw everything as she finally got the wiggling damn vine pulled from the wound in her side.  The hole was now three times bigger and the pain was horrible, but she ignored it the best she could and ran to Torri when Algeron's golem began to make it's way towards her.  She was grateful for the Norseman to intervene even though she still didn't know if he was friend, foe or just itching for a good fight.

Once she reached Torri she grabbed her under her arms and got her to her feet, "C'mon!  We have to move, Torri!!"  She half carried, half drug Torri further away from Algeron's golem, heading away from the water.  By the time she got her to what she hoped was a safe distance she smiled down at Torri, "Rest, lass....catch yer breath."

Lilly looked down again at her own wound and saw that the blood was flowing again, soaking her top and running down into her pants.  She sighed, knowing there was nothing she could right now as she stayed with Torri, watching the Norseman take on the golem and pretty much standing guard over the exhausted woman she called friend.  It was long before her own legs began to wobble from loss of blood and the pain and she found herself on her knees next to Torri.  All she could do now was hope that some of the blades she'd thrown at Arawela had hit their mark to give aid to Kimiko and Sionn in their battle with her.

Aurora gave Lexy a hug and kissed her cheek, "Thank you for worrying about me, Lex.....but it's okay.  Bruising is the worst of it and the aches and pain will pass.  I have to do this.  This fighting is somewhat different from the way I was taught and if Ean didn't love me then he wouldn't be making sure that I can take whatever is thrown at me and survive."  

She then walked over to Ean and stood up on her toes since he towered over her and kissed him softly on his lips, his mustache tickling her nose.  "Tomorrow is payback, Ean......so you'd best be on your guard", she said with a chuckle.  She then turned and limped back to the sink to wash up supper dishes before joining them in the living room, sitting next to Ean on the loveseat.  She curled up into him, taking in his strength and warmth as Beau came in to lay on the floor in front of them, Eryn on her perch in the corner with plastic beneath it on the floor to catch any droppings.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:37 am

Torri was winded from the pain and having to draw back her bow to fire the arrow. Thankfully the pain was done now that her Golem was been destroyed. It was all she could do to breathe let alone move any other part of her body at present. Her ears rang with the blood as it rushed through her hears and the sounds of the battle all around her was muffled compared to that. She felt the earth shake in rhythmic time and dared to move her head to see what was causing it.

Her Golem laid in two main halves and the rest of it ripped apart by the explosion her bolt had delivered. She saw Kimiko and Arawela battling against each other with powerful spells. She saw a….gargoyle?....attacking the man who seemed to emerge from the debris caused by the Tsumani. And she heard Sionn scream. Blinking slowly, she looked over at him and saw the utter fear in her brothers green gaze. What was he screaming for?

The earth shook more violently and she finally saw the lumbering, black ooze golem headed for her. In fact, it was almost right on her now. She saw the decay it left in its path and her eyes grew wide. The eyeless sockets in its head seemed to bore into her as she lay there, nearly paralyzed.

Suddenly she saw the massive foot hovering over her and she raised her arms up, crossing them before her face shielding herself and shut her eyes tight so she wouldn’t see the thing that ended her life. Her only that was that she wished she could be where Sionn was.

The massive foot stomped down and once more Sionn’s voice screamed above the din of the fighting. Just as he started to run towards her, he tripped over something that was suddenly in his path and when he righted himself from his tumble he would see Torri lying there with her arms still crossed before her and her eyes closed tight. Torri felt a violent shaking and blinked open her eyes and she slowly lowered her arms. Sionn’s shocked face swam before her face and she furrowed her brows.

”Ye shunna be here, brother. Ye should be whoopin’ th’shit outta that Poe bitch and her loony da.”

Suddenly she looked around and saw she wasn’t dead after all, but had been sent to where she wished she could go. Where Sionn was. Blinking in astonishment, she sat up and saw they still had quite a bit to do. Grasping Sionn’s offered hand, she got to her feet, albeit shakily, but she was standing none he less. Torri looked over at her brother with a determined look.

”I got this thing. Ye see if ye c’n get that Poe bitch t’chill out.”

Hoping Kimiko’s enchantment still possessed her bow, Torri took out an arrow and nocked it on the string then pulled it back until she felt it lock into place and the fletch tickled her cheek.

”Whot ye say we heat things up a bit big boy?”

Drawing a bead on the black ooze she let her bolt fly and whispered as it flew through the air.

”C’mon baby….light m’fire.”

The bolt seemed to ignite in a bright flame that was almost blinding to the eyes, even in broad daylight. She was hoping her magnesium tipped bolt would be enough to catch the thing on fire due to the fact you could not extinguish that fire as you could traditional fires.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 The_li10One second Lilly was sitting next to Torri and the next Torri was gone and she was rolling away from the massive foot of the Algeron's golem.  She felt the ground shake with the impact and her body jumped off the ground from it and she landed a few feet from she'd rolled to with a thud, pain shooting through her side.  But where was Torri.  

She got to her feet and ran, seeing the big man still engaging the golem, but wait...he wasn't engaging the golem...he was fighting....gargoyles? Holy hell, now they had gargoyles to contend with, and that's when she saw Torri over where Sionn was.  How?  She shook her head to clear it in case she was seeing things but when she opened her eyes Torri was there with Sionn notching another arrow.  She saw that it was one of her explosive ones and pushed herself to her feet, running.  She screamed to the big man to run as well, not sure if he was close enough or not to suffer from the explosiong that she knew Torri's arrow would bring, knowing that if Torri's arrow worked he'd be covered in black muck.  Her hand covered her wound and she could feel her strength seeping away with her blood as it seeped from the gaping hole.  

"Bloody bugs and vines.  Now me shirt and pants are ruined", she muttered to herself as she got as far as she could from what was going to be a mess if Torri's arrow worked.  She didn't get as far as she wanted to when her legs gave out and she lay there, hoping that was far enough.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 am

Sionn looked down at Torri in astonishment... how the bloody hell... He shook his head and put it out of his mind, they would certainly circle back to that later.

He turned and looked at the black golem as it smashed the ground with its foot where Torri had been only milliseconds before. Lily was running to clear herself of the area and the golem turned, looking at her, but did not pursue. It lifted its foot, knowing it had not felt the crush of its victims body, looking up at the streak of fire heading right for it the golem roared a sickening, gurgled sound as the arrow burst dead center in its chest. Lumbering back slightly the flames licked at the creature, but it was not deterred. It began to move with surprisingly fast speed and began to close the gap between itself and Torri, flaming black ooze dripping off it, killing anything it hit, and then the dry foliage igniting as well thanks to the magnesium.

Sionn looked at Torri and towards the two magic users. He yelled over the sounds of the battle, "If'n its all the same sister, Kimiko can handle Arawela... I think it is time you'n I play with this abomination as a team."

She looked at him and there was a slight glimmer of joy in her eyes. They had always been a team, through everything, and here, in the thick of the worst thing they had ever faced, they would take it on united. The massive beast closed the distance, its thudding footsteps causing deep impact tremors that could be felt for hundreds of feet in all directions. He grabbed Torri and hissed magical words, a massive arc of ice exploded from his hand and created a half dome, he knew that the beast would most likely be able to shatter it with one blow, but a shield was not his intention, at least not a shield from physical blows. The ice was thick and frosted, creating a visual barrier that would hide them so they could run to the flanks of the creature. Torri went one way, Sionn went the other. Just as they reached the edges of his ice wall, so too the Golem shouldered into the center of it. The wall shook violently and the golem wailed in anger as it reared back and laid its shoulder into the same spot. The ice cracked and hissed from the flash steam that was instantly created thanks to the fire. The golem didn't seem the least bit weakened by the flames that were slowly consuming it. Sionn signaled to Torri and she nodded. As the golem reared back again, concentrating on the wall, Sionn charged, his hammers flared to life with electricity and Torri let loose two arrows, one immediately after the other. The arrows were copper coated and their broadheads were barbed so they could not be removed. The arrows struck true and Sionn released his lightening as he brought his hammers down onto the backs of the arrows. The lightening exploded through the body of the golem as a perfect circuit was created between the arrows and the golem was torn in two. Black ooze exploded in all directions. Sionn, with his nimble Elven feet, ticked his foot off the back of the creature, using his momentum, and flipped in the air, landing gently and continuing to run towards his sister. The golem lumbered as it slumped, still determined to reach them, but dissolved into a sick smelling black puddle.

Sionn came to a stop and smiled at his sister. She smiled too, more in relief than anything, but then she gestured to his boot, "Umm, brother."

Sionn looked down and saw that the sole of his boot which had touched the golem was smoking. He quickly removed it before the ooze ate all the way through to his foot and shook his head, "As'f this was no bad enough, now I have to fight barefoot."

The gargoyle screeched as it looked at its stumps, and went to charge but slumped over, the loose of blood causing it to pass out. From within the fog the screeching increased and two more of the hideous creatures flung themselves at Dietrich who dispatched them quickly. Then a shadow moved within, the shape of a man, but then not, and then taking the shape again, almost as if the being was more shadow than material... "I know you, Dietrich... or should I say, I know of you. Your family owns a long line of proud heritage, dating back to the sacking of english villages, killing monks for gold. Somehow, through it all, you call yourself neutral, the irony must be killing you."

IT was Algenon's voice, no doubt, and the shadow moved in and out of the spaces between them, whispering in his mocking tone, "Well your legacy will end here, today, for neutrality that chooses to front with do gooders will be extinguished, all of you will be extinguished, until only death grips the living."

Algenon suddenly appeared before him, his greasy black hair dripping with ooze and sweat, blood trickling off his forehead from a superficial wound. The air all around them crackled and hissed with power as he looked at the Norseman, "You have no chance, whether in life or death."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Torri felt alive for the first time in a long time. Working with Sionn as a team like this was exhilarating. Even if it was dangerous. As she watched Sionn strip out of his boots to avoid the disastrous black ooze, she tsk’d at him and rolled her eyes.

”I should make ye stay barefooted too…but I have too soft a heart for ye brother.”

With a movement of her fingers, Sionn’s feet were soon encased in protective wrapping of seaweed. The soft plant eased up over his calves as well to make another pair of ‘boots’ for him to move about in without fear of stepping on some debris and getting hurt.

Once his seaweed boots were done, she looked over at the man with the rather large axe and saw Algernon right where he stood. The stranger obviously didn’t know who he was dealing with. He wouldn’t be just standing there looking almost bored like when the crazed Druid approached.

She glanced at Sionn once more and quirked a brow.

”We canna jus’ stand and watch, Sionn….you ready to try one more time?”
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich took in a deep breath as he hewed off the head off the third gargoyle with a grimace of a smile as he took in another inhale and hold it then exhale, this was a dirty battle as he saw shapes in the fog and he belittled his heritage he gave a scoff of a laugh at him killing monks. "Maybe you should be thankful of my ancestors they kept the evil in this world alive by stopping the good in their peak." He understood his disposition for neutral was probably going to kill him one day as he hated the idea but it wouldn't stop him from cleaving a few skulls before he croaked.

"You got red on you." He couldn't help himself from smiling feeling the hairs on his neck rise at the crackle of energies around him he drew the ball of earth perfectly spherical as he did a thing worthy of a smile as he drew his arm back he saw the magick gather round Poe to defend himself from a spell as he could see Dietrich shifting energies into his palm, but he was lacking in the school of magick throwing it the ball splatted against the forearm of Poe as he stepped forward with a grunt a more physical approach hoping to take him off guard as he swung the axe at throat height with no regrets as he ignored the crunching of his bones at his elbow joint.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 The_li10Lilly watched as Torri and Sionn destroyed the golem, holding her side, trying to stop the flow of blood when she saw the Norseman talking to Algeron.  She shook her head, wondering if the big man was that brave or that stupid to stand before such an insane druid.  Slowly, she got to her feet, clenching her teeth at the pain as she made her way around, to wind up standing behind Algeron by about twenty feet or so.  Pulling free two of her throwing knives she let them go, aiming straight for in between his shoulder blades.

Aurora sat on the loveseat with Ean, relaxing after the hard day of training and then making supper and cleaning up. Not that she minded cooking, she enjoyed cooking and felt that she needed to help out more in other areas other then just training. They were all chatting about the day and what would be happening tomorrow. Tomorrow would be more of the same and she fully intended on fixing supper again tomorrow evening if Lexy didn't get to it first.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 9:42 am

Algenon smiled as the Norseman charged, this was exactly what he wanted. Dietrich swung, and Algenon was no stranger to being attacked by men of skill, he too moved within the music of the dance, and his body turned to vapor, sucking in the mists around him, liquifying the material structure of his skin so as to allow the axe to pass right through him. The drawback to this technique however was that it would not allow him a counter move as it took a couple seconds to rematerialize, and though Dietrich would have been slightly vulnerable on his offside, Algenon would not be able to take advantage.

As Dietrich shifted his body to compensate for the weight of his axe not passing through flesh, Algenon put some space between them. Even a few meters was enough to keep the larger man, and his massive weapon at a safer distance. Algenon watched as Dietrich squared his shoulders up and faced Algenon again. He would never let the words leave his brain, but he had to admit he was thoroughly impressed with what he had seen so far of this one, calm, collected, not over confident but knowing enough of his fighting ability to stay in the mix... Algenon appreciated these qualities in an adversary. He smiled, his teeth covered in dirt and blood. He lifted his hand and though the spot on his arm was hindered from where Dietrich had hit him with the mud ball, he hissed words of magic and the sand all around them lifted with an explosion, a blinding wall of mud and sand heaved itself up between them and the air began to crackle with static energy, whatever Algenon was preparing in the few seconds of blindness, Dietrich would instinctually know was not going to be good.

Sionn nodded to Torri and the two of them were off like a shot towards Algenon and Dietrich. The air was buzzing with energy and the smell of burnt ozone and flash boiled salt water permeated the atmosphere. Their Elven speed aided in crossing the span quickly, however the explosion that brought sand and mud up around the two men caused both to skid to a halt and take pause. As the mud moved up and around, Sionn gestured for Torri to go to her right. They had fought side be side enough that she would anticipate his path as well. It was a classic flanking maneuver, she would go to her right, he to his left, attempting to get around the sides of Algenon while Dietrich kept him occupied in the center. The uniqueness of Torri and Sionn's ability to hit from a distance is what gave them an advantage.

As Torri ran Sionn could see her nocking an arrow, and he moved with grace and speed to get into position, in full speed step she fired into the airborn sand and Sionn thrust his hand out, freezing the water in the air. Her arrow struck the hardening water and the magnesium arrowed head exploded with light, refracting in all directions and causing a flash grenade type affect. From within the sphere that had been created over Algenon's head there was a scream of frustration, and whatever spell he had been conjuring suddenly fizzled out.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 ArawelaBanner

Kimiko grit her teeth as she watched work her magic. The massive beam of energy between them crackled and hissed as the two women bore down on one another, the center of the magic pushing to one side or the other as they attempted to strike their opponent with their spells. The air all around them was so burnt that the odor and sulfuric fumes were dizzying to any who might been close enough to inhale them, but the two magic users continued to press on in their dance.

As they side stepped and attempted to find the angles, Kimiko brought up her other hand and hissed, a crackling ball of white light exploded from her palm, about the size of a softball, and hit the ground next to Arawela. The Druidess moved with the impact tremor and faltered in her footing, her dark purple beam of magic wavered and the golden light from Kimiko's hand tore through the air. Arawela dove to the ground, the magic from her opponent sliced through her dark dress and exposed her back, burning her slightly. She bit her lips with the pain and rolled over the ground, attempting to regain her footing. Another ball of golden light exploded on the ground, and then another, it was all Arawela could do to avoid being hit by any of these life ending spells. Kimiko's face was determined and full of thought of revenge. Every spell that left her hands was cast with hatred for the woman who had just killed her little brother.

Arawela managed to get behind a debris pile, Kimiko could not see her, but that did not stop her. There was a slight pause but the energy build up in the area was palpable, and suddenly with a high pitched scream Kimiko released an impressive two handed spell that caused the atmosphere to ripple in its wake, striking the center of the debris pile. An explosion so massive it turned every head in the area rose up and sent battered and burning material one hundred meters in all directions, a muffled scream came from behind the pile, and then the sloppy sound of materials splashing down into the mud was all that could be heard.

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:24 pm

As the night wore on Lexy and Elizabeth decided to go to bed. Elizabeth walked over and gave Ean a soft kiss on the cheek and looked at her older brother lovingly before turning to smile at Aurora and headed up to bed. Lexy walked over and kissed Ean on the top of his head and hugged Aurora warmly before stepping back and spoke, "No hanky panky you two."

Ean flushed red and she giggled softly before winking to Aurora and headed upstairs. Ean inhaled deeply with a smile and put his arm around Aurora, pulling her in close, but being gentle. He looked over at her and leaned in, kissing the top of her head before leaning back comfortably into the back of the sofa. He felt her shoulder into his chest and lay her head on the front of his shoulder. Sighing softly he spoke, "You know, I would have no thought I would ever be sittin' here with you like this... the first day I saw you, I would have just no ever thought it."

She looked up at him and smiled softly, he smiled back and spoke, "I have n'er been popular with the lassies, I don'a know, they just have no looked at me like that. I just want you to know that I have no been around, in fact, I have no been anywhere."

He smiled, knowing she would know what he meant. He rubbed her arm softly and spoke, "I know that today's training was rough, I promise it won't be like that tomorrow. We both need to give our bodies time to heal so we will go light, work on sword movement and fluidity instead of hitting. You are still three woods away from a metal blade, and the last two are the hardest to advance off of, but I know you'll do it."

He smiled and felt her relaxing into him. He stared at the fire and listened to her breathing as it got slow and steady as she began to drift to sleep.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 The_li10Lilly watched as her two daggers flew at Algenon, one slicing open a wound on his upper right arm and land harmlessly into the mud and sand.  The second one that she'd thrown was somehow deterred from it's course and turned so that it was heading back towards her.  At first she was stunned and just stood there but she quickly ducked, feeling the blade skim across her back as she threw herself into the muck.  She felt the burn of the blade shaving through her shirt and through her skin and gritted her teeth to keep from crying out.  She was getting a might tired at having her clothes ruined for she didn't have that many to begin with.

She rose to her feet, now swaying from her two wounds and yet she wouldn't just quit.  She saw Sionn and Torri running in to help the Norseman and ran to them to join in and give whatever aid she could.

Aurora listened to Ean's words and her heart swelled even more.  She knew what he was trying to tell her for she was the same.  "I understand Ean.  That is something that we can learn about together for I have never....", she blushed a pretty pink, "I have never lain with a man.  Knowing that you would be my first and my last brings such joy to my heart.  And a little fear for I am not sure what to expect.  I am not totally naive in that aspect but neither did my mother prepare me for such things.  What I do know is that I love you all of my heart, Ean and when the time comes I will gladly give myself to you willingly.  You already have my heart and soul, all that is let is my body."

She snuggled in closer to him, watching the fire and content to stay there, glad that tomorrow would be a bit easier in the training arena.  It wasn't long before her eyes slowly closed and her breathing deepened as she fell asleep cradled in Ean's arms on the loveseat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: