Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Empty
PostSubject: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:33 am

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water ErebusBanner

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water ArawelaBanner

Erebus sat across from his Niece eating supper. She had not spoken a word to him since he had released the spell on her room and allowed her to come back into the house after Aurora’s departure. She poked absent mindedly at her food and Erebus took notice, also not feeling very hungry. Finally he looked up at her and spoke softly, “Arawela, I…”

Suddenly his face went to stone and he was shaking his head and began to whisper, “No… no Aurora, no…” His eyes welled up slightly and he stared into space. Arawela looked at him curiously and then spoke, “Uncle?”

Erebus clutched the table and shook his head, whispering, “No Aurora, I never lied…”

He clutched at his chest, directly over his heart and gasped as he heard her words coming through the stone and directly into his mind. The stone was not designed or intended to be a way to hear what she said, but some magic of some kind had activated it on her end and his eyes welled up, tears squeezing through as her voice echoed in his mind, “ You lied to me! You betrayed me! You acted as if you were a friend and I almost turned my back completely on those who are true to me!”

He whispered as he fell to his knees, one hand clutching the table, the other his heart and he whispered, “No Aurora… no, please no… “

Arawela, despite her anger at him, suddenly realized he was in pain. She got up with haste and came around the table, kneeling beside him and putting her arm around his back she leaned forward to see his face, “Uncle? Uncle?! What is it??”

Erebus looked up at her, his eyes red as if he had been crying for hours, “I… she…”

Arawela furrowed her brows angrily and spoke, “I told you she would never love you, I told you!”

He leaned forward, his forehead almost touching the ground as he knelt on the floor and a singular sob full of such sorrow burst out, lasting only a moment. Arawela’s face turned to rage, suddenly the last few days of contention between her and her uncle meant nothing, she rubbed her hand gently across his back and spoke, “No matter how much you change Uncle, they, especially she, will never see it. She is naïve and impressionable, they will infest her with their opinions and distain for you, they will twist her to their will.”

Though his forehead was still nearly touching the floor he reached his hand up and placed his fingers gently on her lips to silence her. She understood, now was not the time to discuss it, his heart was in too much pain. She patted him softly on the small of the back and stood, speaking softer than she ever had towards him, “My Uncle, please come find me if you need to talk, I understand your need for solitude right now.”

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water SionnBanner

“Aurora?!”

The voice was soft and motherly, “Aurora, lass? Can you hear me?”

As Aurora’s eyes opened she would see Erich and Annette sat beside her in her room. Beau and Erin were there as well, watching her. Annette rung out a wash cloth in a basin beside the bed and placed the cool, damp cloth against her head. With a smile she spoke, “Well there ya are lass, it is good to have ya back again.”

Aurora turned to look and noticed Sionn was not in the room, her eyes squinted slightly and Annette, knowing her thoughts spoke, “Sionn and Torri are off to town to get Erich some supplies, we were no sure how long you would continue to sleep, but I assure you we had to practically pull him away from the bed side.”

Aurora smiled weakly and Erich looked at her, “Nobody knows exactly how or what you did lass, but whatever it was broke the stone Erebus gave you.”

He pointed to her hand and as she looked she would see the burn in her palm. Annette spoke, “Worry not lass, when Torri and Sionn return with the supplies I can mix a salve that will take away the burn and any trace of it.”

She leaned back and looked at Erich, “Will you mind her husband, I have some business to tend to, I will return within the hour.”

With a knowing smile he nodded. Annette stood and placed a loving hand on his shoulder as she stood and he reached up to touch the back of her hand. She walked form the room and he turned to look back at Aurora, “Sionn will be very pleased to know you are awake.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora woke slowly, feeling as weak as a newborn kitten. But she also felt as if she'd just lost her best friend and she wondered if she had indeed done the right thing or had she'd acted in haste. Opening her eyes, she saw Annette with a very worried look on her face, then saw Beau, Eryn and Erich, but not Sionn and thought the worst until Annette assured her that he would return. When she heard Erich's words she felt as if a stone had dropped into the pit of her stomach. Beau whined, sensing her distress and nudged her hand from the other side of the bed as Eryn chortled, watching her young charge.

When Annette left, Aurora rolled over to her side, facing away from Erich as tears trailed down her face. She was frightened by what she'd done and what she'd lost. How did she break the spell? How did she even know what to do? What of Erebus? He'd seemed so true, but she remembered what she'd felt when she'd been in a rage. It was like she could hear him pleading with her that he'd not betrayed her.

"I am so frightened, Erich", she whispered. "I don't know how I did what I did. How did I know?" She looked at Beau, his great head resting on the bed next to her. He didn't mind speak to her, knowing that even he in his wisdom didn't know how she did what she did. But he could sense her confusion and distress and whined again. Could she be right? Could there be another faction at work here?

~Erich...I believe that it would be in everyone's best interest if you look into whether or not Aurora is right about their being another faction at work.~ When he saw aggravation cross Erich's face he growled to get his attention back. ~Look at what she just did, Erich. Think! What if she is right?~

"Where is Sionn, Erich? When will he return?", Aurora asked, finally rolling back over to face him. Her movements were shaky but she was regaining her strength with every minute that passed albeit slowly.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water ErichBanner

Erich looked at the wolf as it spoke boldly of next efforts. His look was less of annoyance and more of knowing, however Beau’s response caused him to furrow his brows in frustration, even the wolf was more naïve than it lead on. He spoke out loud to the beastie, “And where do ya think Annette has gone beastie? To do her nails? She is the Chief of the Stormborn, set to keep the balance of this world in tact. You think she is off to do her nails? Of course she is off looking into whether or no other factions are in play, we both have been for days.”

Erich cleared his throat and turned to look at Aurora, “I know not when Sionn will return lass, it’s no a long walk to town, but they left not ten minutes before ya awoke. I would expect they will be back in an hour or so…”

Suddenly Annette’s voice rang through the halls and burst into Aurora’s room as if she had burst in, “ERICH! THE WINDOW! LOOK TO THE SEA!”

Erich looked at Aurora wide eyed and rushed to the window in her room and threw the door open, looking out over the water he whispered with concern laced on his words, “Bloody hell…”

As Aurora sat up and looked out the window she would see it, a massive black cloud, set over the horizon line in the form of a black raven. It lingered only a few seconds and then dispersed rapidly, flashing from the sky with a burst of lightening the exploded off the water. Erich looked to Aurora, Beau and Eryn, “The House of Raven sends a request to meet with us.”

She had a slight look of confusion on her face and he continued, “Smoke signals in the sky, only those who know what to see will see them, it is how we have communicated as clans and factions for thousands of years to help maintain the secret. To not accept their invitation would be an insult.”

He inhaled deeply and looked at Aurora, “Annette, as Chief will receive the summons within the hour, that is the way, I will know more then.”

He turned without another word and left the room to discuss things with Annette.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora looked to Erich and then to Beau, realizing what was going on. She kept quiet, so unsure of herself now that she could feel herself withdrawing. When she heard Annette yelling, she sat up, drying her eyes and going to the window with Erich to see what the fuss was about. She took a step back when she saw the black smoke in the form of a great black raven. She listened to Erich when he explained what it was and what Annette would do then watched as he left the room. She looked down at Beau who nudged her hand.

"I know, my friend. They think we are stupid and naive. I for one am growing weary of it. We have no say here and our words are not listened to. It's as if we are nothing in this equation other than me being the bearer of the bow."

She sat down on the bed and looked at the the great wolf. He cocked his head to one side, not liking what he was sensing. She was changing and he wasn't sure it was for the better. She was growing angry deep inside and it was festering. He wished her mother were here to help her keep her balance about her but she wasn't and he was no longer sure he could trust the McGhee's. Sam....Sam was another story. He hoped. Now to find him.

"I don't know what to do, Beau. I feel as if I've lost my best friend in Erebus and for what? For a family who looks at us with aggravation? For people who know as little about us as we do about them and yet we are to trust them totally but our words mean nothing to them?" She looked down at him again, her eyes shining with unshed tears. "Even Sionn sees me as some naive little girl and that hurts the most. At least Erebus seemed to accept me fully. Even with my lack of knowledge, he didn't judge me or insult me the way Sionn's sister has done every chance she gets." She looked to her hand, looking at the perfectly round burn, "I now know why my cousin hid within herself, Beau. It was safer there."

Beau gave a worried 'woof' to her, remembering Chloe and how she slipped away from them all. She too had abilities and was also looked upon as naive and stupid by some of the other families. Her tender heart could only take so many insults before she withdrew into herself. Now she was cared for by her sister. Chloe would sit in a room, in a chair next to a window and just stare. The only time she showed any life was when Aurora would visit. And now he feared the same thing may happen to Rori. Or worse as he was sensing. She was letting the anger within her build and fester, too gentle and tender to allow herself to explode and let it show. When she let a little show, Sionn fired back at her, not taking into consideration where she was coming from. Beau knew her well enough that it would take a lot now to get her to fire back now. His words had cut her deeply since she'd returned from Erebus' home. The wolf snarled thinking about it.

"We need to have a plan, Beau. We need to learn everything we can about what is going on and then plan. With or without Sionn and his family." She looked down at him, "Come...I have not been practicing my fighting skills since I came here."

She rose from the bed, dressing in a pair of sweat pants, long john shirt and tied her long dark hair back. She tied on her tennis shoes and left the room, Beau behind her, Eryn flying out the window she'd opened for her before leaving the room. She ignored Erich and Annette, deciding that it was best that she not bother them right now and headed out the door. She felt the chill in the air, the dampness and the sun peeking through the clouds from time to time as she headed to the cliffs. There she sat for a few moments, gathering her thoughts about her, meditating before standing in a fluid movement and paying tribute to the four corners. Her movements were a combination of KungFu and Native American style fighting, fluid and swift as she turned, striking out with her fists then kicking out with her feet, turning swiftly to collapse the trachea of an invisible enemy. She stayed there practicing until Sionn returned, pushing herself when she wasn't fully recovered.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:03 pm

"You're leading with that left hook."

Beau whipped around in a snarl and Sionn put his hands up in a passive stance, "Easy Beau, I did no mean to startle ya."

Aurora turned to look at him, panting heavily, a mixture of sweat and rain covering her face. Her clothes were tight against her body with the wetness, clinging to every curve and Sionn traced them with his eyes quickly before settling his smile on her face. He stepped forward and spoke, "When you were striking with your left hand, you were pushing your shoulder forward a wee..."

Her furrowed brow caused him to pause and he half stepped back with a quizzical look on his face, "Alright lass... alright. I came to retrieve ya, Mum and Da received the note."

He reached to gather Aurora's things from the ground and Beau snarled, he stood back up and watched as Beau mouthed what Aurora could not carry and the two of them walked ahead of him to the house. He fell in behind, them and walked to the back door. As Beau and Aurora came in Annette and Erich turned to look at her from the large table off from the large kitchen.

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water AnnetteBanner

Annette did her best to smile, but clearly something was troubling her. Erich who was always a little more light hearted didn't have to force his smile. Annette motioned to the chair beside her and then spoke to Sionn without looking up from Aurora, "Please fetch the lass some towels and a dry robe so she does no catch her death son."

"Aye mum."

Sionn left the room and Torri hung back, watching from the kitchen as Annette looked at Aurora, "You saw the sign in the sky aye?" Aurora nodded in acknowledgement and Annette nodded abscent mindedly as she continued, "This came."

She slid a piece of crisp parchment paper along the table with her finger and removed her hand so Aurora could read it. When Aurora picked it up she read aloud:

Pretty One,

None in the House of Raven knows what manner of sorcery you have conjured but know that your spell has taken a hold of Erebus and rendered him into a coma. Per the laws of our kind, for striking into the very sacred halls of our home, this day a duel is challenged to you, Sentinel, and per the law you must accept or deny. Of course should you chose to deny the challenge you know what manner of punishment you shall face, or do you?

Arawela
Steward, House of Poe

"Steward?? What manner of rubbish is this?!?"

All turned to look at Sionn who had returned and was holding some fresh towels and a thick wool blanket. Erich looked at him, "If Erebus truly is in a coma then Arawela is next in line to be steward, she could no have signed the letter as such if she were not."

Sionn furrowed his brow and spoke, "Well we can no allow this to happen!"

Annette looked up at him and spoke, "You know by all rights she can issue the challenge, Aurora is Sentinel, Arawela Druid, they are of opposing faction, it is the law."

"But she came and attacked ME here on OUR land!"

Erich looked at Sionn, "We are Stormborn son, the same rules do no apply, our place is in the middle, no to sway unless necessary."

Sionn furrowed his brow and spoke firmly, "Well I will NO allow her to do this!"

Aurora looked to him with annoyance and Annette placed a gentle hand on Aurora's knee to get her to look back at her. Annette spoke to Sionn but looked at Aurora, "Son, that is no up to you anymore."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora was trying very hard to hide her emotions as she read the letter, but when Sionn began issuing demands she grew annoyed with him until she was casting him glares. Her heart was breaking for what she'd caused Erebus, but she hid it well...so far.

~Something is happening with her, Annette. You don't see what I do, sense what I sense in her. I saw it in her cousin, Chloe. She withdrew within herself, into a dark place. Aurora is doing the same only her anger, the darkness...it is growing. I am worried for her.~, Beau sent to the Lady of Stormborn.

Once all was quiet, Aurora turned her dark eyes up to Sionn and slowly stood up, casting a glare back at Torri. "Who are you to make this decision for me, Sionn? Is it because I am naive and stupid? Or is it because I am weak and stupid", the last she said as she glared at Torri. "I am responsible for Erebus' coma. Someone who, regardless of what you have told me, was kind and treated me as an equal. Something that has not been done here by you or your sister. Mainly by your sister. So, who are you to make demands on this? I don't even know how I do the things I've done and it frightens the hell out of me!" She took a deep breath but her eyes had darkened. "Your mother and father have treated me with more kindness and consideration then I have had since leaving my home. My feelings for you are so strong that they scare me almost as much was what it is I have done. I mention that there may be another faction at work and I am treated as if I've lost my mind." She turned then to look at Torri, her eyes darker still. "And so help me, if you throw one more insult at me I am not sure what will happen but I have had enough from your closed mind and heart. So from here on out...if you have nothing decent to say to me, Beau or Eryn then I would appreciate it if you would just keep your mouth shut."

She then turned back to Sionn, "You took me in when you could've left me the way Torri wanted you to. But you didn't. But I get the impression that you have yet to see things from my point of view. And until you do you do......you want me to trust your judgement, the judgement of your family yet I am being pulled in two different directions and so far only one person has truly listened to me. Now I am responsible for causing that very person harm. Yet you don't see it that way, do you? All you see is that Erebus is in a coma, goody for you and now his insane niece is gunning for me. I'm sure that part pleases Torri." Her voice was cool, almost monotone as she spoke, clearly not like her at all. In fact, she was not herself in the very least. Aurora wasn't cold like this. But the pain that shown in her overly dark eyes was the only indication that she was feeling anything.

She turned back to Annette, "What did she mean by punishment if I deny the challenge?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Annette looked at Beau as he spoke and suddenly he felt Annette's voice in his head, her voice was calm and knowing, ~"Of course I sense it Beau, I know it, I have felt it since the moment you three arrived, and it is dangerous for her to slip to darkness."

She let her eyes linger a few seconds on the wolf, her eyes were kinder than she was being given credit, but she did look on Beau with understanding. Turning back to Aurora she was about to speak when Aurora spoke again and all stayed silent as she exploded in her anger. Erich, Annette, Erich and Torri stayed quiet, not saying a word. As she spoke with venom to Sionn she could see the hurt in his eyes, but his face remained stoic. Finally he nodded and there was a slight sadness in his words, "I ... well if you believe that my actions are seen as such, then your opinion is the only validity that your eyes will see."

He stepped back and Torri bit her tongue, with holding her thoughts. Annette knew there was far too much at stake to wheel round and round about things that were dredged up by emotions. With a long breath she looked at Aurora and spoke, "You are Sentinel lass, a faction of good, or light, or whatever nomenclature is the parlance of our time. Arawela is Druidic, a faction of darkness, or evil, or however they are classified now a days. From the days of old the factions of the opposition have an agreement to not attack one another on their own lands."

She could see that Aurora was following and continued, "Some would say it is a privilege of your faction, others a curse, but a challenge issued form the other faction must be answered, and it is an unfortunate reality that most of these challenges have ended in massive war and death. The punishment for not answering a challenge is the death of three family members or loved ones, and one from a faction of neutrality must carry out the sentence."

The mood in the room darkened and Erich reached over to touch Aurora on the shoulder, "It is the way of the old code, established at the beginning of times time. You have twelve hours to send your reply."

Annette spoke again, "The three are named, as is the manner."

She slid a second piece of paper to Aurora who took it and read, "The named: Sionn, Beau, Eryn."

Annette and Erich's faces fell heavy and the look on Aurora's face told all. Annette inhaled deeply and spoke, "As I said, the choice is not Sionn's, but yours."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Hearing Sionn's words, Aurora was dumbfounded. She couldn't believe what she was hearing from him. She felt as if he still wasn't seeing things through her eyes and her own eyes welled up with tears she'd been holding back, not wanting them to fall. But when she read the second piece of paper, she turned white as a sheet, her hands shaking. "No", she whispered, her head shaking back and forth. "But...I don't even know how I did it. That I could do something like that. Does that even matter?" The look on Annette's face told her that it didn't. She turned to Sionn, tears now falling freely. "I will not allow anything to happen to you...ever. No matter what....I know that I would die for you. I will accept the challenge, Annette", she said while looking at Sionn. "And it isn't my opinion, Sionn.....it is what I have seen and heard. But none of that matters now for I know that I will not make it through this challenge alive." She turned to Torri, her eyes no longer as dark her voice now softer than before, "I guess you get your wish after all, don't you, Torri? Soon I will no longer be around to put you or your family in danger with my naivety."

She knelt down to Beau who's amber eyes were filled with moisture. "No matter what happens to me, Beau.....promise me you will watch over Sionn. Protect him the way you have always protected me. Eryn as well", she said, standing and walking to the window where the raptor was perched. "You watch over my heart, Eryn. Keep him safe." As she turned back to face everyone she gave them a very shaky smile. "What do I need to do to prepare? And, I will leave the bow, quiver, arrows and dress in your safe keeping, Erich. I would ask that no one call my mother until it's over."

She was shaking now, unsure and worse.....she felt as if she'd make all the wrong choices in her words and actions these past hours. Wondering how to undo...wishing she could back to the beginning. "You say I am Sentinel.....that some would see it as a privilege, some a curse. I see it as both. But how do I prepare and how soon will the fight take place and where?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Sionn shook his head and spoke, "No, it is not just what you have seen and heard, it is still laced with your own opinion, no matter what you claim. I have been nothing but..."

Torri put a hand on his shoulder and stopped him, "Let it lie, for now brother."

He inhaled deeply and as she spoke so pointed at Torri he sighed. Torri stepped forward and spoke, "I never wished ill of you, no matter what you think. Perhaps that statement proves my brothers point, there is a lot you assume of us while you simultaneously claim we make assumptions of you. The fact is, you ARE new to this life, so if we have made you feel uncomfortable in that regard," she paused and looked at Sionn, "Well, I am sorry. I can assure you however, that Sionn loves you, though he's apparently too proud to say so at the moment. But I have heard him confess it with his own lips, I think that TOO should be taken into account when you let your mind wander ill of him."

Erich stepped forward and spoke, "All right, all of you, let's keep our heads in the moment." He turned to Aurora, "With all due respect little lass, I would dare not deprive you of the only weapon in your possession. My guess is you are going to need it."

He inhaled deeply and turned to Annette, "Tell her the rest."

Annette looked at him and then to Aurora, "You are to meet her at Ben Doran, tomorrow, in the Hidden Glen. We can take you, but we will not be allowed to stay. Whichever of you comes back to us, we will know to be the victor. I am sorry lass, that is the way of it." She hesitated and Erich spoke, "Annette." Annette's eyes welled and she spoke, "I fear for ya lass. You are too important... it might be better if you ran."

Sionn looked at his mother and Torri spoke, "MOTHER!"

Annette looked at Torri and spoke softly, barely containing her own anguish, "If one must die for balance to be maintained, then that one must die." She looked at Sionn and a single tear left her eye and trailed down her check.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora listened to Torri speak and when she apologized for herself she couldn't help but look shocked that Torri would apologize to her, but when she said that Sionn did indeed love her, she turned shocked eyes to him then looked shamed for her outbursts earlier. Before she could reply to Torri, Erich stepped forward and quieted them, speaking of what was to come and the Annette spoke and her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. Her own eyes welled up with tears the same as Annette's when she spoke of her being so important. It was when she spoke of her running and one dying that she shook her head, tears falling down her golden brown cheeks.

"No, Annette...I will not risk Sionn for myself. Nor would I ask it of anyone. Neither will I risk Beau or Eryn. I will face her and if she is to be the victor the so be it." Once said, she turned to walk to Sionn, standing in front of him. "I am deeply sorry for my outburst. I felt as if you didn't trust my instincts even though I was to trust yours." She lifted a golden hand to rest it against his cheek and she stared for a few seconds at her golden skin against his paleness.....the went together, looked good next to each other. "I love you, Sionn. I love you with all of my heart. I think I have since we first met." She raised dark eyes up to his green ones, "I will not ever risk your life. EVER. I don't know how I did what I did nor how I knew how to do it to begin with, but I did do it and now I must pay the price for it, whatever it may be. But know this....I am not totally convinced that Erebus is indeed in a coma. From what he has told me when I was with him, Arawela has been acting on her own.....not by any order of his or the House of Raven." She leaned up then and gave him the softest of kisses on his lips before turning to face the elder McGhees. "How do I prepare? What should I expect?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Annette watched Aurora as she moved and spoke. When she turned and asked what she must do to prepare Annette responded, “I am the wrong person to ask that question lass, my view of the world could never coincide with yours.”

Aurora’s faced showed a million questions and Annette raised her hand so Aurora would remain silent so she could continue, “You are Sentinel, in your heart, in your nature, is the uncompromising drive that justice should be done, no matter what the cost.”

She turned to look at Sionn then back to Aurora, “That is why I know your words are true and sincere about loving my son, because you would see it as an injustice should he die in your stead.”

Suddenly things clicked for Aurora. Annette’s words about Sionn dying if necessary to protect the balance were not only her natural position on the world, but they were also a means to see how Aurora would respond. Should she see that path as an injustice it would mean that she was growing into the role of her faction. Annette smiled softly and walked to her, clasping Aurora’s face in between her hands, “I can take you on the journey, but I can not advise you, for my advise would not sound right to you, in fact it would anger you to hear how I would mentor you. As would be the case if ANY of this house were to attempt and be your guide. Our instincts do not match with your own, our view of the world could never match yours. We seek balance in all things, which is why I don’t understand how you would lay down your life so easily to save Sionn’s…. though I am grateful for I do not wish my son to die.”

She smiled warmly and kissed Aurora on the forehead. It was not a magical kiss, it was a motherly kiss, a kiss that offered thanks.

She turned to Sionn, “Tell Ean that Aurora needs a ride, and to where. I will accompany her to the Hidden Glen,” She turned and looked at Aurora, “But from there, I can offer no more advise or guidance… none of us can.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:35 am

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora gave Annette a small, sad smile at her kiss on her forehead then gathered her sacred bow with the original quiver and arrows. She could feel the power humming in the bow even though the ceremony had not been performed. She looked at Beau, confused that it would have any power at all without the ceremony. When mind spoke, he did so to everyone, so that everyone in the room would hear what was happening.

~Aurora....when you broke Erebus' spell on that stone you did so with a force that was amazing. Your abilities are the strongest ever for a bearer of the bow. When you tapped into it, you opened the door from the you to the bow. The bow, even though you have not performed the ceremony, will strengthen your abilities. It can still kill, but not with the magick it possesses. What you need to do is call on the Earth.....call on the Mother to give you aid and she will for you are a child of the Earth. You must be strong, now. You must call upon the warrior that I know lives in you. You are the decendant from the great Ghengis Khan...a warrior like no other. You are also my great upon great granddaughter and you can do this and be the victor but this you have to do alone.~

He walked over to her and licked her hand, then walked over to Sionn and took his hand gently between his large teeth, leading him to Aurora. ~Tell her, Sionn. Tell her what Torri said for you. Give her your strength through your admission to her.~

What he mind spoke to Sionn was only between him and Sionn, so as not to embarrass him. But he sat down over by Annette and looked at Sionn, waiting.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:32 am

Sionn looked at Aurora and reached over, touching her face gently, “I do love you lass, more than I should.”

Leaning in he kissed her softly on the lips, lingering a moment to drive his words home, but not so much as to make those in the room uncomfortable. Leaning back he smiled, feeling the cool as the moisture on his lips began to evaporate. There was sadness in his eyes and he spoke, “Whatever may come of this, go knowing that I love you.”

Annette stepped over and smiled softly, “Come lass, we must get you prepared.”

--

As morning arrived the family stood outside, Ean was waiting, looking smart in his woolies and bonnet. Sionn gave Aurora one last kiss and stepped back as he watched Ean close the door, “She’ll be fine son.”

He turned to look at his father, Erich, and responded, “Will she Da? You have seen Arawela at work, she is insanely powerful.”

Erich reached down and scratched Beau behind the ears and looked at Sionn as re responded, “Aye, but so is Aurora.”

As the car pulled out of the long drive and made towards the Glen, Annette sat beside Aurora in the back, a divider between them and Ean who was driving. She looked over and saw Aurora’s trembling hand. She reached over and placed her own on top of it and spoke softly, “Use your lungs lass, breath deeply, feel the air within you.”

As Aurora turned to look at Annette, the Matriarch smiled and her eyes welled slightly, “There is more strength in you than Arawela knows, but she is also no to be underestimated. She is the most powerful Druid we have seen in centuries, the circular nature of power ebbs to the darkness, we see it because it is our place to see it. To maintain balance we have insight into these sorts of things. For the last ten years we have seen an increase in the power of the darker elements of our world, the events today are only more evidence of that. Arawela would no have set this challenge if she did not also see it.”

She inhaled deeply and continued, “Thank you, for accepting her challenge.”

Aurora would see it in Annette’s eyes, the mother was coming out now that it could. She smiled deeply and leaned over, hugging Aurora tightly. As she withdrew she spoke, “We have an hour until we reach the Ben, once we are there I will no be able to follow you up into the Hidden Glen, but I will wait as closely as I can.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10 Aurora laid her hands on Sionn's chest when he gave her the kiss before she left, whispering to him, "I love you, Sionn", before getting into the car with Annette. She listened intently to everything Annette told her and returned the hug with her own, "I wouldn't be able to live if anything happened to Sionn, Annette."

Once they reached the Ben she left the comforts of the car and stood there for a moment. She looked around, seeing the trees and listening to the birds and just nature in general. Turning, she looked at Annette, "I need a few moments to meditate then I will be ready." Having said that, she walked a few feet from the car and sat down, feeling the Earth with her bare hands as she closed her eyes. She began chanting softly, clearing her thoughts and focusing on the energy and strength of Mother Earth, letting it flow within her. After about ten minutes, she opened her eyes and stood, slinging the bow and quiver of arrows over her shoulder.

"If I don't return, Annette....please, take care of Beau and Eryn for me. They have already promised me to watch over and protect Sionn."

She gave the older woman a shaky smile before turning and making her way to the Hidden Glenn.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water ArawelaBanner

The treeless Glen was massive and emerald green with wet grasses and bog ground. Small water holes pooled up in low spots dotted the bottom and right in the middle of those pools a figure in swirling black sat at a table with two chairs. She looked up as Aurora crossed the high brim and made her way down towards the bottom.

Arawela watched her, an emotionless face hid everything she was thinking and as Aurora arrived at the spot Arawela stood up and looked her over a moment before speaking, “Not that I expect you to do it, but sit if you like and have some wine and cheeses.”

Arawela sat back down, flipping her black cloak over the sides of the chair and placed her hands on the table, taking a wine glass and swirling the content a moment, looking through the glass in silence. She looked up over the brim at Aurora and a thin, vicious smile crossed her mouth, “I see you brought your weapons, that was a wise move, you might need them.”

She could see the tense anger in Aurora’s face and she spoke softly, “If you don’t stop doing that the lines will permanently etch into your face and you’ll have to live with them for the rest of your life… of course, your people were plains wanderers and nomads, you would probably wear them like badges of honor.”

She exhaled deeply after taking a small sip of wine, leaving a lip print glass which she set back on the table.

“I can see that you want me to get to the point, so I will… Erebus is dead, thanks to you. Whatever the hell you did sent a shock straight to him and his heart ceased. He was eating mint chocolate chip ice cream at the time… apparently it reminded him of you.”

Arawela’s face was flat and emotionless, she continued, “I picked this place because it was as good as any, ‘The Tinkers Glen’ it was once called. Do you know what a Tinker is to the Scots?”

Aurora showed annoyance and unknowing on her face, Awawela continued, “A Tinker is a thief, and as so much as you have stolen my only uncle from me, I felt this was a great place to deliver the news to you. You see, you are a horrific judge of character, and you used my uncles emotions to gain access to him so you could kill him, that’s the way I see it. As I sat beside his coffin it all started to make sense. You wormed your way like a grub into his home, got him to trust you enough to gain access to his magic, and then you struck. I must admit, I didn’t think you had it in you. Though your strike was merely a pin prick, it hit him straight in the heart, he didn’t last but a few seconds before his breathing ceased. You couldn’t kill me, so you killed him, the only person that I love, the only family that I have left. Truly, you wove a beautiful deception.”

She picked up the wine glass again and took another sip, holding it not by the stem, but up at the bulge which held the wine. She stared at the red liquid and her eyes narrowed, her lips twisted slightly and her hand began to tremble, “You took him form me, and as such I will take something from you.”

Her eyes shot up and locked with Aurora’s, “I will strike at you just as you have struck at me, I will weave my own plan, and you will suffer for a lifetime, just as I will. You see what you don’t realize is that not only was Erebus my Uncle, he was also Steward of the House of Raven, the ONLY one who could hold me back. Well now pretty one, I am Stewardess of the House of Raven, it’s secrets and privileges are mine, and I intend to strike a blow on this world so powerful it will rival every mass death that has ever occurred, natural or otherwise… and it is all, thanks, to, YOU.”

She squeezed the glass and it exploded in her hand, blood from her shredded palm splashed all over the table with the contents of the glass and she slammed her hand on the table top, a bloody imprint squished out form under her skin. She stared at Aurora and hissed, “I will start by unleashing the winds and the sea! I will start by knocking that shit hole of a castle, owned by the ones you love, off its foundation and into the sea… form there, you will just have to figure out where I will strike next! Now go tell that bitch waiting for you that by the time you two get back to her castle it will be rubble! This is my fight with you! This is the challenge I have issued! I will kill, and kill, and kill until you strike me dead!”

In a swirl of black and purple smoke, Arawela disappeared like a tornado into the sky.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora made her way carefully to where Arawela was sitting and as the druidess already knew, she didn't take anything to drink or eat, not trusting her.  She was more annoyed with Arawela than anything and angered but when she spoke of Erebus' death she struggled to retain the look of being annoyed and angry, especially when Arawela suggested that Aurora had wormed her way into the druid's heart just so she could get to Arawela, killing him since she couldn't kill the druidess.  

Arawela didn't give Aurora a chance to get a word in as she spoke then her true intentions were made clear and Aurora felt her heart stop with Arawela's words.  Before she could even draw her bow and notch an arrow the druidess was gone and Aurora rose quickly, running as fast as she could back to Annette, tears streaming down her face, all but blinding her vision as branches snagged at her hair and left bloody scratches on her face.  

"ANNETTE!!!  ANNETTE!!! WE MUST RETURN QUICKLY!!!  ARAWELA HAS THREATENED TO DESTROY THE CASTLE AND EVERYONE IN IT!!!", she yelled as she got closer to the car.  Ean, Annette and Aurora were in the car in record time as Ean floored the gas pedal, making their way back to the castle while Aurora explained everything to Annette, sobbing as she did so and saying that all of this was her fault.  She was responsible for what Arawela was about to do.

A little less than an hour later they pulled up to what was left of the castle, everything having been destroyed.  Fearing the worst, Aurora was out of the car before it stopped.  "SIONN!!!  BEAU!!!  WHERE ARE YOU?!!!"  She heard Eryn's cries overhead and looked up, following the raptor to where she led her, Annette and Ean where everyone that had been in the castle was struggling in the rough sea waters to salvage what important artifacts and documents they could. Aurora stopped, looking at their faces as they fought the waves, tears streaming down her golden cheeks. "This is my fault.....this is all my fault. I am so sorry....by the Gods, I am so sorry", she whispered to herself as Beau gave a loud "WOOF!" and ran towards her where she sank to her knees, wrapping her arms around his shaggy neck, burying her face into his fur. "I killed him, Beau....and because of that everyone will suffer for it", she whispered to him as she cried.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 pm

As Annette saw Aurora come running, at first she was elated, having thought she was the victor, her words however caused Annette's heart to sink and They got into the car with haste. As Aurora told the story during their drive back Annette held her arm around Aurora's shoulders and kept gently patting her leg repeating the same thing over and over, "It'll be alright lass..."

As they pulled up the hill to the cliffside, Annette's felt as if her heart had ben torn from her chest, the castle spires were gone, the welcoming sight of the Scottish flag on one side and the Helleborine crest on the other absent from the skyline. The car screeched to a halt, the family was no where to be found. As Aurora called and Eryn came flying Annette followed the two of them down the cliffside. The landscape was torn to shreds, the sea filled with stones, busted furniture, linen, everything that was within the large home buried in salt water and thick mud. The sea was still dangerous and rough, everyone doing what they could to fish out what they could, concentrating on finding artifacts.

Erich saw his wife and ran to her, Sionn turned and ran to Aurora, Torri and Rhain right on his heels. As she sobbed and Beau nuzzled her Sionn knelt beside her and wrapped a wool blanket over her shoulders. He shook his head at her words and spoke, "No love... no, this could never be your fault! It was no you that unleashed the waves and the winds!"

Torri spoke, looking out to the horizon line, her hand so tight on her bow that they turned white, "But we bloody know who did!"

She looked down at Aurora and though her face was full of anger, it was obvious that anger was not directed at Aurora. Sionn placed a finger under her chin and lifted her face to look at his, "What happened? How did she do this and you still live?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora was still crying, her dark eyes washed in guilt and immense sorrow as Sionn gently tilted her face up to his. "This is how she is going to punish me for killing Erebus, Sionn. I didn't want him dead! I swear it, I never wanted to kill him! I am so sorry...I have brought this upon your family." She was close to becoming hysterical, the thought of her being responsible for Erebus' death almost too much for her to handle. "What do I do, Sionn? How do I make this right? She said that she will take something from me.....that she will unleash hell on the world....all because of me and what I've done." She turned away from him then, still sobbing. "How can you stand to be near me when I have caused this....I have caused your home to be destroyed. Torri was right....she has been right all along."

It was then that Beau gave a low growl that Aurora ignored. ~Rory....you are not the cause of this! Arawela would have simply found another reason to unleash her hatred onto the world and everyone here. NOW SNAP OUT OF IT!!! IT IS TIME TO FIGHT!!! IT IS TIME TO PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!!~, he yelled at her in her head. ~You are so strong, Rory...you don't even realize how strong you are. Remember, your own father was of druid blood. Druid blood runs through your veins. It is time to find out just how strong it is and use it~, this part he made sure everyone 'heard', so that they would all know that Aurora was not only a direct descendent of Hiawatha and Attilla, but she also had druidic blood in her veins thanks to her Scottish father.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:29 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora turned to Beau, wincing at the tone of his voice inside her head. But, he was right and she knew it. Then she heard her mother's voice in her head..something she'd said to her when she was just a child.

~Rory...your father was a druid, but a good man. We are Sentinels...you and I. So very different from your father. You must never use the gifts you received from him by being his child. They would weaken you for even though he was a good man, his abilities were not. Never....never use them.~

She shook her head, looking to Beau again. "It doesn't matter that I carry his blood in my veins, Beau...I can never use what he gave me. To my father they were gifts, but to me they would be a curse. I have to find another way to stop her."

She looked up at Sionn, love shining in her dark eyes along with sorrow and guilt. "How do I stop her, Sionn? How do I undo what I've done?" It was then that she furrowed her eyebrows together as if in deep thought. "What if Erebus is not dead, Sionn? I have a feeling that all is not as it seems at the moment." She looked around her to the rest of the family. "Arawela is unstable...both mentally and magically. What if Erebus is not dead but perhaps in a coma or deep healing sleep from me breaking such a powerful spell and she is using that to her advantage to do as she wishes, using his 'death' as the reasoning behind it? We have to find out somehow."

She looked behind her once again at the choppy water, tears flowing silently down her golden brown cheeks. "I am so sorry that I cause this for you and your family, Sionn."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:50 am

Sionn looked at Aurora and smiled, “You’ve nothing to be sorry about lass.”

Annette came up alongside them both and knelt down beside Aurora, placing an arm around her and whispered, “This is no fault of yours lass, and what can’t be helped must be endured… it was just a house, bricks and mortar, what matters is that Arawela was not successful, everyone lived, aye?”

As Aurora looked up at Annette, the Chief of the Stormborn reached up and rubbed a tear off the young girls cheek and smiled warmly, patting her gently on the shoulder. The family listened as she spoke and Sionn nodded in agreement, but it was Annette who spoke, “There’s no doubt she is up to something lass, I had the same thought myself, however we simply don’t know, and how we find out is the mystery. It’s no secret that Druids can be sneaking and manipulative, but there are natural rules that even they can no circumvent.”

She turned and looked out at the rapidly calming sea, “There is no way she could have done this much magic if she was not indeed Stewardess, the power she wielded was beyond even her.”

Sionn nodded and stood, “Aye, it is very much like the power that was wielded against T an’ I weeks back. It was almost exactly the same in fact, only to a higher magnitude, and focused on the cliffs below the castle instead of across the bluffs to create the fog.”

He looked at Torri who nodded in agreement and Sionn looked back to Annette, “We do know that the first attacker was a man, I mean, we fought him, it was definitely not Arawela, but it was the same power…”

Annette interrupted and brought her hand up to ease Sionn’s talking, “Druidic magic is druidic magic my son, it all carries the same signature, don’t start trying to pin down a certain type of magic to a certain person. There are certain distinct casting styles or spells that can be deciphered, however your Da’ did extensive testing and the results were inconclusive for pointing at a single person. What we did find is the magic was so powerful it could have only been wielded by an elder.”

Sionn nodded in understanding and he turned, helping Aurora to her feet. He turned to look at Erich and Annette and spoke, “What do we do next? We do need to start unpeeling the lie to find the truth, maybe if we go find the grave…” Erich shook his head, “No lad, the House of Raven had a mausoleum on their grounds, they would never bury their dead in public places. They cremate the bodies and keep the ashes, the power of the deceased adds to the magic signature of the house.”

Sionn nodded as he twisted his lip in frustration. Erich spoke again, “The seas are calming, we need to keep recovering what we can, and we can all think about what to do form here, I propose we work a few more hours and then discuss this further over dinner.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:20 am

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora listened to Annette's words, keeping quiet as she did so. She was leaning on Sionn, deep in thought at the possibility that Erebus could still be alive. But she just knew that there was another faction at work here, she just didn't know how to go about finding out what or who it was.

As Sionn helped her to her feet, she found that she was feeling weak once more and kept leaning on him. Whether it was from something Arawela did that she didn't know about or just the effects of what had happened, she didn't know. What she did know, was that even though her father had been a druid, making her half druid, she could not use the abilities she'd always known flowed within her. To do so would cause her to possibly go insane...maybe even die. But oh to use them.....to even the battlefield was a temptation within itself.

She looked to the calming waters, watching as Beau waded his furry body as far as he could go, grabbing something from the water and pulling it to the shore, clear of the water only to return again and again, helping the McGhee's rescue what they could from the water. Eryn even did her part, swooping down to grasp what she could with her talons and deposit whatever she could on dry land. Aurora left Sionn's side then, following Beau and helping him. She was quiet still, her sorrow and feeling of guilt showing in her expressive eyes as she gathered up items from the water, two of which were thick books.

She walked back to the shoreline, laying them gently on the sand when she looked up at Annette and Sionn. "Is there any way for me to use my druidic blood? Anyway at all? Would it even the playing field or was my mother right in that they would weaken me.....maybe even kill me?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:24 am

The group worked for hours, recovering what they could. Erich and Torri were up the coast a hundred meters or so, tied to one another and taking turns going into the ocean while the other stayed anchored on shore, Annette, Sionn and Aurora working together in the shallower water. Annette looked up when Aurora spoke, as did Sionn. They hadn't hear a peep out of her for the entire duration of their time together. Sionn face went blank at her question, clearly he did not know the answer, but Annette stepped over and gently placed her hand on Aurora's shoulder and spoke, "Come lass... let's get you warm."

She turned to Sionn and spoke, "Son, the tea pot." She pointed to an iron pot that was sitting on some rocks near many other pieces of the former kitchen. It was very old looking, and it always hung near the hearth in the kitchen area, though Aurora would remember she never actually saw it used, it was more a decoration, a nod to ancient times. Sionn turned immediately and Annette turned back to Aurora with a small smile, "This way lass."

She led Aurora about thirty meters off the shoreline, there was a small outcropping of rock, within it were three benches, clearly handmade and carved from single pieces of wood. She grabbed a radio off her belt and spoke, "Ean, lad, are you there?"

There was a snap and fizzle of static, and then Ean's deep voice broke the air, "Aye Ma'am."

Annette smiled warmly at his voice and spoke, "There's a good lad, do you have the blankets and food?"

"Aye Ma'am, was just on my way back, should be there in two shakes."

She smiled again and tucked the radio back into her belt, "Well then, let's see about getting a fire goin' aye?" She gathered some wood into a large teepee shape. Aurora would most likely notice the wood was too large and far too wet to be used as starter kindling. She would be feeling the urge to point out this obvious mistake when making a fire when suddenly Annette's hand glowed orange and a burst of white hot flame erupted from the bottom of the fire pit, the flames licked up the water in seconds, hissing and steaming into the foggy air. Within ten seconds the familiar cracking and popping sound of a warm fire were snapping away and she turned as she heard Sionn approaching, "Here's the tea pot mum."

"Good lad Sionn, set it there please." Sionn set the pot down beside the for and warmed his hands as he crouched low. Annette inhaled deeply and looked at Aurora, walking over and sitting next to her, "Now lass, about your question. There is no power greater than any other, and every power has a balance point. I know the path to magic is very alluring right now, you wish to rush into battle against your adversary and you are grasping for whatever means appear to give you an advantage. You are of a noble house, and that bow would have not chosen you if your heart was not pure and full of the light. Druids on the other hand, they live in darkness, they thrive in pain, suffering, and destruction. Their magic is fed by it, lives because of it and they are motivated to pursue it. Arawela is playing off your emotions, she is trying to make you think that she is doing all of this because of you, the fact is, she would be doing this despite you, but your suffering and pain only plays you right into her hand. I know that Erich has shared with you the balances of power, specifically those of the Druids. Their magic, though seemingly more powerful, is in reality the most dangerous. Druid magic is learned the easiest, and as a result it would have the appearance of being the most powerful due to how younglings can acquire it to such great power. In truth, anything that comes quickly comes at a steeper price, in the case of Druids that price is their sanity. Now, it is true that an elder Druid can become among the most powerful due to their walking the path of magic at a younger age thus lengthening the timeline of practicing their art, however very few Druids ever make it past their mid-life years. Locked within you as not magic, but spirit. The Sentinels are those of the ancient warrior, names like Miyamoto Musashi, Sun Tzu, Alexander the Great and of course, Hiawatha were all Sentinels of renown. None used magic, but all used spirit. It will take training and time, but you will learn should you choose to walk the path of being a Sentinel, however if you chose to embrace Druidic magic it will only be a matter of time before that bow abandons you, your heart becomes darkened, and you walk away from us... and perhaps that would be the greatest prize Arawela could ever claim."

There was a noise behind them and Annette, Sionn and Aurora turned, Ean, tall and strong stood with two large bags slung over his shoulders and an arm full of blankets, "Came as you requested Ma'am." There was a slight glimmer in his eye as he said it and Sionn stood to help him, "Good to see ya back friend."

Ean nodded and walked over to Annette who simply nodded and gestured to Aurora. Ean gave a nod of understanding and walked over to look at her, "We have no been properly introduced lass, my name is Ean Alister McGregor, and I am here to start your training, should you chose it."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:46 am

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora listened to Annette, nodding her head from time to time. She looked at Sionn lovingly as he sat across from her at the fire. She looked around her.....seeing not only the devastation, but now she was seeing the beauty of Nature....for it was still there. Within the beach grass, the craggy rocks, the trees. She was starting to feel again, Mother Earth beginning to talk to her again. She could feel it....feel her as Annette spoke to her. She then smiled sadly up at Ean when he returned with the two large bags only to look confused when he introduced himself formerly to her only to offer his services to her in the ways of her training.

"I would like that very much, Ean.....I have much to learn and I fear little time to do it in." She then looked to Annette, "I am a Sentinel, Annette. Not a Druid. I can feel Mother Earth again....under my feet, in the wind, even in the waters. Whether it is partly my fault or not on what has been done to your family home I am still deeply sorry for it", she said to the matriarch of the Stormborn. "Ean....I can only hope that I learn as quickly as you can teach me."

She took a few moments to stare into the fire, accepting the hot cup of tea from Annette. The soothing aroma and taste of the chamomile with a drop of honey and whiskey calmed her even more as did the warmth of the fire. Standing then, she walked over to Sionn and held out a golden hand to him, "Walk with me, Sionn?", she said to him looking at Annette as he stood, taking her hand. "Annette, I will be back in a little while with Sionn. I just need some time", she looked up at Sionn, "And I need some time with you, Sionn."

She led him to a small place that was similar to a cave but not quite deep enough to be an actual cave. It had a 'roof' and three rock walls and the smell of the sea water was strong. The sand was soft as she sat down, curling her legs beneath her as Sionn sat down next to her. She turned her doe like eyes to his green ones, raising a delicate hand to brush back a lock of his red hair that had fallen over his forehead. "I have made a lot of mistakes since we met but the one thing that wasn't a mistake was meeting you", she said to him, her dark eyes filled with love. "I have fallen in love with you, Sionn McGhee and I can only hope that you feel the same as you have told me. That you are speaking from your own heart as well." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly as if choosing her next words. "These next weeks are not going to be easy for me and I know this....but I also know that with you by my side I can do anything. I only hope that I can make you proud of me. I give you my word that from now on I will try to come to you, Torri or your parents first before making any rash decisions as I have done in the past...at least until I am stronger in my abilities and able understand better how this world we live in works." She wasn't sure if she was making any sense and it showed in her face and eyes. "Just know that I love you and I will do anything to keep Arawela from harming you." With that said, she leaned in to kiss him softly, whispering "I love you", to him as she pulled away.

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Annette smiled and smiled to Aurora as she excused herself with Sionn. The two of them walked a little ways before setting into the place they had found. As Aurora talked to him Sionn sat and listened without interruption. His face showed his understanding but there was also a hint of sadness, as if he knew something she didn’t.

As she kissed him and professed her love he smiled and reached in for one more kiss before speaking his response, “I love you too Aurora, truly.”

She looked at him with curiosity, seeing his sadness. He smiled as best he could and continued, “Ean is taking you with him if you chose to train under his tutelage. We have no facilities to provide that would be appropriate. It is not going to be an easy road… and I can no go with you.”

He inhaled deeply and continued, “I have my own theories as to what is going on, and Mum and Da’ have already asked me and T to go investigate what we can. We can no be involved unless the balance of power is shifting however, it’s the code of our lives. All evidence is pointing to a confrontation with The House of Poe now that Arawela is Stewardess, but until we know for sure we can no do more than protect ourselves.”

He leaned in and grabbed her, hugging her tightly and whispered into her ear, “Ean is a good lad, one of the best Sentinels I have ever met. His family are descendants from Robert Roy MacGregor, arguably the best Sentinel that Scotland ever produced. You will be in good hands under his watch.”

He stopped talking and squeezed her tightly before continuing, “I also don’t want you focusing on protecting me Aurora, it will cloud you and keep you from focusing on what needs to be done. Don’t worry about me, I have been in stickier tar than you know, T and I will be fine. Focus on your training, focus on what Ean teaches you. He is a tough lad, mentally and physically, and he can guide you on your path better than any in my family ever could.”

He reached into his wool sweater and removed an iPhone. It was in a case that depicted a dream catcher on the back. He smiled as he showed it to her, “Mum and Da’ will take care of the bill, it’s so you and I can still talk regularly, I was only supposed to give it to you if you leave with Ean. It is not easy to see you go, but it’s what you need, someone who can guide you, someone who can teach you everything you need to know and HOW to be a Sentinel. I also promise you that if I am permitted, if the balance is in jeopardy, I will be at your side to right it.”

He leaned forward again and kissed her lips softly as he pressed the phone into the palm of her hand.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:00 am

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Indian10Aurora returned the kiss, her hand closing over the phone while her other arm wrapped around his neck, holding him to her. She deepened the kiss then, pressing into him softly before breaking the kiss and looking up into his beautiful, green eyes. "I don't like that we won't be together.....but I realize that it can't be helped. As for not protecting you.....fine...I can't do that anyway if you aren't with me", she said with a small smile, "but that doesn't mean that I won't worry about you while we are separated. I can only hope that I do not drive Ean insane with my lack of knowledge."

She then leaned away from him, putting a few inches between them and putting the phone in her jean pocket. "Sionn...I would ask something of you", she said to him as a pretty, pink blush stained her cheeks. Her expressive dark eyes were looking straight into his green ones as she slowly leaned into him again, kissing his lips softly. "Make me yours before we are separated." She wasn't sure if she was going about this correctly, but she knew what she wanted and she knew that she loved him with all of her heart. She was offering herself to him.....and could only hope that she wasn't going to end up embarrassing herself by doing so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: