Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 am

Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 BranchBanner

Branch listened to Pela and did not offer any words at first, she simply listened and let her get what was nagging her off her chest. After Pela had finished talking Branch turned to look at her, there was deep caring in her dark green eyes and she spoke softly, “This is what it means to be mother…”

She reached and took Pela in her arms and held her tightly. She could feel Pela finally begin to sob softly as all eyes were no longer on her. She knew that Pela was not one to show emotion, that much she had gleaned in just the few days she knew the girl. Though she could not fully understand the young girl’s upbringing, she did understand hardship and the ability to overcome it. After a while she felt Pela begin to cease crying and she leaned back looking into Pela’s red eyes. She handed Pela a small handkerchief that was in her pocket and touched the white haired girls cheek tenderly, “Branch, is not a mother. Branch, have no children on her own, she is only young, like Istar’ostring, but been living with Pilininge since she was four. Branch was not abandoned but she was taken from her parents, and she was made to be servant to them. This is what the Silvanesti do, enslaving their kins and treating them as less. Speaker of Stars, he is good man, but still loyalties of his rule come from the mind of Silvanesti, even him has Kagonesti slaves.”

She stopped herself and smiled, realizing she had gotten slightly off topic, “When Branch was learned that Mistress was pregnant with baby, Branch was so happy, and when baby was born to house, I was made to be mother for the mother… Mistress wanted to not raise baby Olwa but was jealous when Branch did. But Branch just… knew what was to be done.”

She tapped Pela on the chest right above the heart, “Love for baby comes in here, not here.” She then tapped Pela gently on the side of her head. “With loves, we learns it, not a feelings like fear or happy that just comes out when we feels it, love is a thing we decide to do, we makes it happen with how we be to the other. Istar’ostring loves Olwa, Branch sees that, is obvious more than the moons, but Istar’ostring loves Olwa not because she just saw him and loved him, she chooses it.”

She could see the light come on in Pela’s eyes and she continued, “But… with the baby, it’s a here kind of love, is a response love, nots a choice love. Once eyes hit the baby, love. Why Istar’ostring’s own mother not keep her may be lifelong mystery, perhaps though, she no love Istar’ostring’s father, perhaps Istar’ostring was not a baby that came from first love.”

She stopped and looked at Pela. Taking the small cloth from the girls hand she dabbed under her eyes and smiled as she looked at her with caring, “For the cold in Istar’ostring, is a mystery, but Branch has seen that’s cold not bothering Olwa when he touches Istar’ostring, maybe Istar’ostring’s magic is in the cold, maybe Olwa gets protected. Branch was watching a moment before interrupts yous… not to disrespects but because Olwa had frosts on him, his hands, covered in frosts when he touched you, Branch had never seen something like that before.”

She turned and looked out across the fields of lush grass. The red moon was high and nearly waxed, the white moon was barely a crescent which caused a blood colored glow to paint the landscape. She saw no pink silhouettes roaming and knew all was well for them at the moment. Turning to Pela she smiled again and spoke softly, “Not all answers come in one night Istar’ostring, sometimes its patience and time which brings us the knowledges we seeks.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Pela

It felt good to get all of that off her chest and talk to someone about it all. While she didn’t have a mother as other children did, she did have a being that looked after her and loved her in his own way and through the twist of fate she found herself here, talking to this lovely elfess who could relate to her on many levels. And the release was glorious. It meant a great deal to Pela to be able to let her vulnerability show to someone she could trust.

Nodding, she sniffled softly then wiped her puffy eyes once more and looked over at Branch with a small smile on her lips.

”Branch….”

She paused a moment then and it was clear, she was thinking of something. Finally she spoke the word she was trying to remember.

”Atar-elle…..I am forever grateful you decided to follow us that first night. I do not know what I would have done without you here with us in this journey already. I can only hope that you decide to stay with us once we get back to my father’s lands or if you decide to move on, know that my home will forever be your home.”

Reaching out, Pela took Branch’s hands in her own and squeezed them gently then leaned over and hugged the elfess tenderly before she sat back and looked up into Branch’s face.

”Thank you….for being so good to Olwa over the years and thank you for being so kind to me now.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Branch looked at Pela and smiled as she responded softly, "Ta nae amin saesa, Istar'ostring." She then realized Pela didn't yet understand Elven and reached, touching her on the hand and then spoke in common, "It was my pleasure... Pela."

She turned and looked out across the dark grasses, her eyes focused and watching for threats, again there was nothing. She turned back to Pela and spoke softly, almost as if the night would be offended if she broke the silence, "Istar'ostring, Branches place is yet to be determined, life is... complicated when in this type of situation."

Pela looked at her curiously and she continued, "Branch left the House of Pilininge, by Ky'ly's thoughts this is a insult that shames him, if he finds Branch he will tries to kill her."

Pela then had a look on her face which was undeniable and Branch immediately reached and touched her on the forearm, "Istar'ostring, push those thoughts from you... if you hurts Ky'ly it would be devastation to you and Olwa. Olwa is not happy with his father, but Olwa is Elven, there is a bond, a connections that can't be broken with father son. If you harms him it would be the ends, maybe not at first, but in the long term Olwa would grows to resent you."

She turned and looked out into the night sky, her voice was soft but concerned, "He's is coming too, he wants to finds Branch most of all, this I promise...," she turned to look at Pela, "He wills come. No finer tracker than Ky'ly in all the kingdom, he's was head Ranger for 100 years before promotion to head of Speakers Guardselves, hims earned the royal crests on his chest for his abilities, hims a warrior true and through. Branch put an insult to hims name when Branch left, a spot of shame that hims wants to erase, and theres only one ways to erase it."

She saw the understanding in Pela's eyes and nodded, "Yes, Branches death is only vindication in his mind, and hims wifes. But Istar'ostring must not interfere, Istar'ostring can not fights him, it is best if yous stay out of it, a human to mix in an Elven matter... hims would kill you for even trying."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Pela understood what Branch was saying. She knew that while Olwa and his parents had their issues and disagreements on his life and how things had been done in their home, it still didn’t change the fact they were his parents. And that he loved them. It was just how things were. She nodded slightly.

”I understand, Branch. And yes….I know he is coming. I would be fooling myself if I thought otherwise. And I will do all I can to not interfere. But you also need to understand, when he enters the lands of the Nethermen, I cannot do anything to stop the clans from doing whatever it is they wish to do to him. Not even my own father’s clan will listen to me. I am not their leader. And Nethermen will only listen to their leader. Any protests I would say would fall on deaf ears.”

She looked out over the pink hued valley as the red moon rose and she took a deep breath.

”Once we make it to the other side of the valley and cross the first small mountain ridge, we will be in Farn Clan territory. I have no doubt they already know we are here. Nothing comes into this valley they do not know about. But they will watch and wait until we get over the mountain ridge before they try anything. It is just their nature. Sneaky yes, but sometimes they are not very smart in the decisions they make.”

She looked back at Branch.

”Ky’ly will not have an easy victory if he confronts Farn Clan. They are the quick to act once they know we are well into their territory. It is also something we need to be mindful of. We will no doubt have to pay to cross his lands and the price will be nothing less than extreme. Olwa’s father’s standing in Silvanost will have no influence here. He will have to fight for his freedom. As will we.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Branch listened and looked across the valley, almost as if to see if she could spot these Netherman. She studied the mountain silhouettes that laid a days ride by horseback and simply nodded as Pela finished speaking, "Ky'ly takes hims life into hims own hands if he crosses into Nethermans lands...," She looked at Pela and her face was deathly serious, "If hims foolish enoughs to try then him deserves consequences."

She turned and looked at the mountains again, "Branches thoughts were that it may costs us gold to cross, Branch has gold to give." He turned and looked at Pela again and her eyes traced the young girls face, "We's are at the guidance of Istar'ostring now, Branch knews the forests, now Istar'ostring leads us. Whatever Istar'ostring needs from Branch, she will tell her yes?"

Pela nodded softly and Branch gave a small, half smile, "Is good then... Istar'ostring needs to gets her some sleep. We should sets out at dawn after some food. Go Istar'ostring, Branch will watch this valley for the now."

As Pela stood to leave Branch spoke again, "Istar'osrting?"

Pela turned to look at her and Branch smiled, "It was goods to get to know you more, Branch likes that we are becoming friends yes?"

Pela left to get some sleep and Branch turned to watch the valley once again. She was crouched down and the thin, dry breeze crossed her face, rustling her hair and causing her braids to sway gently. She stared at the foreboding mountains and inhaled deeply. Her brow creased slightly as she looked at them as one does when facing down an enemy. She whispered very softly to herself as she traced the faintly lit line of the tops of the ridge line, "Mountains will not beat Branch, Not with Istar'ostring guiding her..."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:40 am

Pela knew a heavy responsibility now weight upon her shoulders. She knew these lands very well but Branch and Olwa were like new born fawns. They would rely on her to get them through the mountains to her home and it wouldn’t be easy. Sleep finally came to her but it seemed like she had just closed her eyes when she was awaken to take the watch.

When dawn finally broke through the darkness of the night sky, she was up with Branch and Olwa and preparing their horses for travel. Before she put the blanket and saddle on the horses back she took some grass and rubbed it all over the horses body. The animal looked at her as though she had lost her mind and tried several times to eat the sweet grass. Explaining to Branch and Olwa they needed to do this for a couple of reasons. One was to keep the annoying flies from bothering the animals and in turn bothering the riders and the second, and most important, was to mask the scent of the horses as best they could. The Nethermen would think nothing of making a meal of the animals. She also explained they needed to do it whenever they stopped to rest as well.

Once their makeshift camp was torn down and packed away, Pela and Olwa mounted up and headed out at a leisurely pace bringing Branch’s horse with them. After about an hour the elfess caught up with them and let the younger travelers know she’d erased any evidence of their camp.

Pela kept them close to the river as they traveled. Following it would take them directly to the spot where they would finally reach the base of the mountains and start their ascent into the higher elevations. That was when things would get very dangerous. And Farn was no fan of Bad Rock or the fact he’d taken Pela in. More than once the two Nethermen had clashed. But Pela knew Farn could be negotiated with. He may not have agreed with Bad Rock but he was smart enough to know what battles he needed to choose. And when Pela learned her abilities, he son found she wasn’t really a battle he wanted to fight.

Of course, that was then and this is now.

As they moved along, Pela pointed out several things to the elves. She understood the importance for them to understand the landscape and make mental notes of landmarks that would remain constant so they could easily navigate their way around the valley. Of course the most constant was the river.

Stopping mid day to rest the horses, let them graze and get drinks of cool , fresh water and eat a light meal, they sat close to the river bank under a small grove of trees that dotted the landscape at the river’s edge. Pela took the opportunity to remove her boots and roll her leggings up so she could wade out a few feet into the water and use the natural cooling the water provided. Looking back at the bank where the elves sat watching her, she smiled at both of them.

”We will reach the base of the mountain by nightfall. I never thought I would be so anxious to reach them again. I suppose I now understand by what people say when they say there is no place like home.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:28 am

Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 OlwaBanner

Branch stayed low and watched the horizon as she finished sweeping away any evidence of their camp. She was impressed as she worked at how well Pela was at keeping her presence to a minimum as she traveled. She had never known a Netherman, and though Pela was not a Netherman she was the closest thing to one Branch had ever known. She always saw them as large, brutish warrior types who wouldn't take the time to understand the importance of concealing your presence. She thought about how this was a prejudice, a judgement she had made on appearance only, and she lamented the fact that she had these thoughts at one time.

Inhaling deeply she gave one last look and noted that all was in place. The spot under the trees had no evidence of anyone having been here and she smiled softly to herself. She looked up again towards the Silvan forests and wondered how long it would be before Ky'ly caught up with them, she knew he would, they were on borrowed time, her former masters rage and anger were all the motivation he would need to track them down and cause problems, Branch knew it in her heart, it was only a matter of when. She turned again and looked in the direction Pela and Olwa had gone. She moved with swift precision as she made herway across the lush grass dotted with strange groves of trees. The trees had fruit and fragrant flowers that dazzled her senses. She smiled as she passed each one and lovingly touched their bark, indicating her intent of passing without harming them. The trees granted her access, she could feel them watching her, they knew her though they had never met her or any other Elderwild elf for that matter, but they knew her spirit, they could feel her love for them.

After almost two hours by a Gnomish watch she caught sight of Pela and Olwa riding slowly on a game trail and whispered to the winds, "It is Branch behind yous."

Pela and Olwa both heard her voice in their minds and turned to watch her approach. She smiled softly as she mounted her horse and stroked her neck lovingly, "Camps is cleared, trees are welcoming us."

Pela looked at her curiously and Branch seemed caught in her own thoughts, looking at the marvel of these new lands. In the distance she could see the mountains now, they were completely covered in trees like she had never seen and she couldn't wait to see them and touch them. As they road and Pela pointed out the different characteristics of this lands features Olwa and Branch listened with attention so as to not miss her words, but it was Branch that seemed especially enamored with all she saw.

AS they stopped Pela got into the water Branch followed in kind, stripping herself down to her undergarments and getting into one of the cool, deep pools. She closed her eyes and dipped completely under, holding her breath and feeling the rush of the cold water against her face. As she came up and pushed her hair back she smiled and spoke, "Branch feels so alive in this place, it is simply magic."

Olwa smiled and watched them as he soaked his feet in the cool water. As Pela spoke and talked about reaching the mountains this evening he smiled. He understood her words, the love of home, the wanting to be where you were from... but then he was also lingering on the not wanting to be there as well. He smiled and knew that this would be his home now, with Pela and Branch, in these mountains they would start a new and find themselves.

Branch looked towards the mountains and spoke, "Branch can't wait to see Istar'ostrings home and meet her peoples, Branch is very excited for this!"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:50 am

Pela smiled brightly at watching Branch in the water. It amazed her at how youthful Branch still seemed to be yet she had the knowledge and wisdom of someone much older. It was such a contrast that Pela found she could spend hours just trying to get her mind to soak it all in.

As Branch looked towards the mountains and spoke, Pela looked at them as well and squinted her eyes. Placing her left hand over her eyes for shading of the suns brightness, she let her eyes lovingly trace the mountains line.

”The trees are plentiful indeed, Branch. And a wide variety too. But mostly there are the ones that stay green all year long. It helps the Nethermen conceal themselves when no one thinks they are about. The trees that lose their leaves are usually found in bunches dotted between the evergreen ones. And when the weather starts to turn colder, the colors of the leaves are like looking at an artist’s color pallet.”

She looked over at Olwa then and smiled lovingly.

”I often imagined someone with an artistic talent would enjoy spending time there to use the place for inspiration of some sort.”

She looked back at branch then and her smile faded slowly.

”But as far as my people….I imagine I will not be welcomed with open arms. If at all. What Bad Rock did was nothing less then treason as far as the other Nethermen were concerned. At least from the other clans. Even the ones in Bad Rock’s clan were not all that favorable of his decision when he first brought me to his home. Over the years, though, when they realized what I could do, they were more tolerable than welcoming. I think it was more because of what I could do for them than anything.”

She looked towards the mountains again and shrugged her shoulders.

”It does not matter. We will make our own home amongst them. And they will leave us alone once we do.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Mythban2

The towering form of Prince Myth'alas stood gazing over the work crews removing the rubble from the Chamber of Stars. It was a slow going process at first but as the larger pieces were moved it made the task easier. Myth's mind was ajumble with thoughts of the wedding and the disaster it had become. Piramay had penitrated the heart of the elven capital, crashed his friends wedding, and brought ruin to one of the most symbolic buildings in the elven capital. It will take a great deal of time for his people to recover from this ordeal and as he cast his eyes in the direction of the place Ceridwyn now rested he wondered how long it would take her and Aeolis to recover as well.

A member of the Home Guard slipped up behind Myth and bowed knowing his presence would not be missed. As expected Myth turned to the guard presenting the elf with his full attention. The elf cleared his throat before speaking "Ky'ly set out last night with a hand picked group of rangers as you thought Lord Myth. By my accounting the ones chosen are among his most loyal soldiers ." Myth nodded his head with a slight sigh.

The news did not sit well with Myth. Ky'ly believed the boy bewitched by Pela and he intended to drag the boy back to Sylvanost. As much as Myth wanted to intercede there were other matters of higher importance for him to deal with. Myth considered that perhaps it was best that he could not get involved. He was within his right to go as well since Olwa was his appointed aid, but he had to trust that Olwa , Pela, and their mysterious helper could handle themselves. "Very well... if you hear anything on the matter I want to know." With a nod the ranger vanished saying nothing more.

Myth was grateful that there were those amongst the Home Guard that kept him apprised of situations like this. Ky'ly had embarked on a personal matter taken vital members of the homeguard with him. While he was within his rights to persue the boy Myth did take issue with taking the guards of the royal family to do it, especially after what had happened at the wedding. Ky'ly would have to accept the consiquences of that choice when he returned.

With a disgruntled sigh Myth left the chamber and headed for the portal that lead to Heartlund.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations   Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bk 2: Ch5 - Fragmentations
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: PORTALS OF ASGARD - Other worldly tales :: Shards of Krynn-
Jump to: