Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Hall of Heroes - OOC

Go down 
+4
RPMistress
Tiphereth
Admin
Vaudeville
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:58 pm

We'll get it....these are just tiny bumps in the road....

BTW...Alrick isn't gone....Amanda told me what to do with him until she got back. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:00 pm

I have to try and be more descriptive. The interpretation of magic and mystical abilities can go either way sometimes. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:05 pm

That's the beauty of collaborative story telling.

You know what you are talking about but getting it from brain to fingertips sometimes takes some one elses eyes to look at it from a different angle and help us all become better writers in the long run. And the fact we all have different writing styles helps bring a fresh aspect to things for us.

Keep up the good work, all of you.

It's coming along very nice.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:23 pm

By the way, I wasn't even THINKING about daylight and Orcs when I introduced them... blah! Sorry about that, but very glad you all worked it out so nicely. I just thought a fight was the perfect way to break the ice with the dwarf, heh.

Oh, and... Drow + pig = Cuuuuuuuute!

Hee, hee, heeeee.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:56 pm

BAH!

Cute is not in Jin's dictionary.

ROTFL

I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.....
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Lions and tigers and bears .. Oh My
NOT!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Sin, once you decide what to do with your character you'll have to find a way to jump into the story.

Since we are sealed in with no other route to travel but down the Dwarven passageway I doubt it would be realistic for there to be any other passages to link up with the group. So, the only way I can see Brianna meeting up with them right now is if she had discovered the cavern before the Avalanche and is already exploring the passageway or something like that.

If that seems fine with you or you have another idea, let us know, because if she is traveling the passages ahead of our group Lac'Nala being an extra-ordinary tracker would pick up on her trail.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:06 pm

So are we in fact using the Map of Middle Earth? Or, are we just basing the world on Tolkien and other similar Fantasy writings?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 am

I think it is basicaly the map of Middle Earth and Silmarillion but I don't see why some adjoining lands could not be incoperated also along with other races of similar characteristics.
I am sure there were lands that bordered middle earth and this threat of evil threatens not only middle earth but all free lands. I don't think we should get into the Chronicals of Narnia thing though.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of Red Fox being raised by the horse people like the people of Rohan.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Oh, yeah, totally. Tiphereth for instance is from another world entirely... a world which people of Earth would consider to be Agenais. As for the physical plane though, I believe that beyond the continent that is Middle Earth, we could easily incorporate many other lands, such as the Hyborean world and Atlantis. I have a map of world as it was during the time of Atlantic which is basically the world of Conan.

I also have the original MERP Manual (Middle Earth Role Playing). It has all the races of Middle Earth documented.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Cool I had planned on calling a great council meeting once we reach Oron_D_Naar, at the Crystal Chambers, of all the past allies of Oron_D_Narr. A gathering to confront the evil that overshadows us all.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Lac'Nala, is Dunedain is he not?

Yeah, the Dúnedain are descended of the Edain who settled on the island kingdom of Númenor during the Second Age. The Númenoreans colonized and conquered much of Middle Earth. When the Isle of the West sank into the sea during the Downfall in the Second Age 3319, two groups survived: The Black Númenoreans and the Faithful Dúnedain. The Dúnedain settled in Arnor and Gondor, also known as the Realms of Exile. The Dúnedain have traces of Elven and Maia blood.

Dúnedain are fair skinned with black or dark brow hair. Their eyes are grey, hazel, blue or green.
Men average 6'5" while women are 5'10" (on average). The Life span of the Dúnedain is 100 to 300 years (I believe this is dependent on the amount of Elven blood they possess.

The original tongue of the Dúnedain is Adûnaic but most speak Westron. Many also speak Sindarin and a little Quenya.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Yes Lac id half Dunedain and half Elven ( His father was A Dunedain King and his Mother of Royal Elven Blood )
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Cool. Which Elven race? Sindar (Eldar), Noldor, Vanyar, Teleri? I know that the Sindar and Silvan Elves are the Moriquendi — the ones that chose to stay and never saw the Light of Valinor, but in our scenario the world could have a variety of Elves. I mean Drow don't exist in Middle Earth but we obviously have many cross overs occurring.

As I had mentioned to SinTara, we could even have the English version of Elves (diminutive beings rarely exceeding 5'5", although later on D&D did come up with taller Valley Elves). If we have smaller Elves, we'd have to differentiate them with a different racial name. In my own writings I call them the Rithvendree Elves.

Interestingly enough, Dark Elves are actually Dwarves in Norse Mythology. They hail from Svartalfheim, Svart = Black/Dark and Alfheim = Elf Land/World, but Drow do not conflict with any known races of Middle Earth so the scenarios blend really well.

I would imagine that Drow and Goblins are mortal enemies.

I did a little research on Half-Elves and apparently Mortal Half Elves have life spans ranging from 250 to 500 years and they are virtually immune to disease and natural illness. They also say that under moonlight or starlight the can see perfectly for 500 feet and in total darkness, 50 to 100 feet if there is a light source.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Lac, you had said something a few days ago about Brianna joining up with your group. I'm fine with that, just let me know when to jump in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Will do, and we are loking forward to it I am sure, I am I know. We just need to get either through the mines of Kazad-dum and out into the lands that border Oron_d_Naar or figure out how to logically get Fox into the mines. After we deal with a few Orch and heavy footed creatures in the halls that drive us into the mines and further peril Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 pm

I figure that Fox could have known how to bypass the gates. As a traveler she could have come by the knowledge and if such is the case as a lone traveler she might have been ignored so far by any Orcs and other foul beasts while exploring.

The sounds of the fray may alert her if she is in ear shot, and could come to investigate the sounds.

Would that work? I mean after she passed through the gates she would have been trapped as we are now, but perhaps she lacks knowledge of Kazad-dum and would do well to join the group if only to find her way out.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:14 am

I think that the only way the gates could be bypassed would maybe be through an airshaft. But that is only a maybe. I was thinking perhaps she came in the otherway. From the lands of Rohan, that border Oro_D_Naar. Past the secret passage through the mines and across Durin's Bridge, above the abyss and Kazad-dum's lake of fire. Then across the Bridge of Kazad-dum into the great halls.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:39 am

She could... the only thing is then Sin would be back tracking through territory that is unfamiliar to her. Probably better that she end up on our side. If she is unable to use the password for the gateway and enter the labyrinth before the avalanche and companions found their way in, then perhaps she could have found some other entrance like a small tunnel. It would have had to of collapsed behind her though in order to make Fox want to continue or discourage the companions from just using that passage as their exit.

Just the way I see it, I'm looking for the least complicated entry point where she can meet up and we can all travel unexplored territory together.

I guess so long as she doesn't have to back track any entry point would work.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:04 am

Oh, I have another question. What Age is this and approximately what year?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:02 am

Sin was born Dunedain, therefore she would know the Elvish language and have limitied knowledge of Dwarven, not as much as Lac, for he was raised by the Elves and had been to war with the Dwarfs against Sauron.

The fourth age 1434: ( 12 years since the end of the third age and the fall of Sauron and Mordor.)

(After nearly ten years of peace and happiness, the clouds of war build and engulf the lands. Lac'Nala must leave his home and family, once again, to protect his people.
While on a campaign far to the west, a vast army from the east, pour over the bourders and lay seige to Tranquility. Overpowering the gaurds and breaking the the gates, the army storms through the castle killing all within the keep. Tamuril and the children escaped through the secret passage and have vanished, as if swallowed by the land itself.
Hearing of this Lac'Nala unable to leave his command, for fear of loosing everything, and his people falling into tyranical rule again. Has sent a vast force to search for his family.
The commander of this force, returned to inform him that they had found the remains of a woman and children at the base of a cliff. The woman wore a wedding ring and a dragon crest ring, the children wore the dragon crest rings of Oron_D_Naar.
Lac'Nala's fury led his armies to desemate the invading forces to the west. He then turned his fury to the east driving, the invadaers from the land, giving no quarter. Once the bourders were once again secure, he left his first night as Steward.
Lac'Nala once again wanders the wilds as a Ranger. )

I figured about 2 years from the time of the loss of his family. Give him time to reach "Drag-On Inn", travel with Bella, Dom, Augustine, and his ward a living wooden boy named Adam. Connect up with Ssinjin, have Bella, Dom, Augustine and Adam leave. Ssinjin and Lac meet up with Alrick, Tiphereth and Karyak and arrive where we are now. Sound about right?

I also envision the Plains of Gladsheim to lie between Kazad-dum and Oron_D_Narr.
Thoughts?

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:38 am

I left an opening in my post for Brianna, thought she could have entered the antechamber through the shaft in the wall. Sound logical?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 am

Yeah, the entry point sounds cool. Only thing is, she was raised by the Rohirrim and is actually a Dunadan (singular pronunciation). I am actually going to do little compilation on the races from this book I have which has broken everything down really well.

Gladsheim would probably just be a generic term for the entire world. Right now we are in what can be typically known as Middle Earth and looking at the map I would think then that Oron_D_Narr would be East of the Anduin River and then beyond Mirkwood. Your land would fit in really well either along the Celduin River or along the coast of the Sea of Rhun.

What do you think of those locations? It lengthens the journey, but I believe it would make it all the more interesting. We would also have to travel across Rhovanion, which would be an epic journey in itself. I guess it all depends how large Oron_D_Narr is. If it is quite large and extensive then it would be East and beyond the Sea of Rhun.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 am

I am going to add your information to the World of Gladsheim post I started to put a date on things and give newcomers a little more information. Building the world like this creates an illusion that several lands seem to border one another at points in this magical realm. I can surmise then, that Tiphereth's own world lies somewhere to the North, beyond what is known to Middle Earth. Far to the South, we might imagine that one may find Atlantis, and so on.

As for Oron_D_Narr, you'll have to write something up when we get there and we'll add it to the world.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:07 am

The lands of ORON_D_NARR encompass some six million-four thousand -nine hundred and forty-eight square miles. From the prarie grasslands to the south, and the borders of DarkStar's WOLFCLAW. To the frozen tundra and ice cap to the north. And to the the outer boarders of the two islands in the Great North Sea. The borders of ROLAND and the great northern sea to the east. To the great western sea and the borders of DRACUL to the west.
Surrounding these lands are the natural mountain ranges, vast grasslands, rolling hills, cliff side beaches and frozen ice,with one hundred and fifty foot watch towers. With the lands you will find abundant wildlife vegetation, forests, canyons, mesas, mountains, streams, rivers and lakes. Villages, towns, estates, cottages, valleys, and meadows. Set in the southwestern center of the lands is a two million nine hundred and eighty-three thousand eight hundred and ninety-six mile long cut stone wall. One hundred and fifty feet high and seventy-five feet thick at the base, with a thirty foot thick battlement along the top. And three forty foot high twenty-five foot thick gates. This is the outer wall.

http://orophinseremela.tripod.com

http://orophinseremela.tripod.com/thelandsoforondnaar/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Heroes - OOC
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next