Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG
 
Main  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

avatar

Posts : 2902
Join date : 2009-04-24
Location : Land of Eternal Winter

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:10 pm



Tiphereth had remained at the edge of the stream as Lac'Nala, slew the Olog-hai. Never had he seen a blade as sharp nor a warrior as skilled with it's use to sever a tree trunk forearm of a Troll. "Ashantra's Will." he swore under his breath.

He watched the one called Ruulgak disappear into the distance, and though he could have still easily caught up with the creature's giant strides, he doubted he would fair as well as the ranger against such a monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

avatar

Posts : 1818
Join date : 2009-04-24
Age : 67
Location : In The WIld

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Lac stood with his sword held up before him gimmaced as he moved, then looked upon Tiphereth and Brianna, "We have not more time, gather the others we must flee. Soon this meadow will be crawling with Orc, Olog-hai and worse, for where you find Olog-hai Uruk-hai are not far behind. Sauron knows we have escaped and suspects where we head. We must warn the Rhovanians that war is now upon thier doorstep. I fear war as already crossed into thier lands and the peoples of the borders my already have been laid waste in if path." Lac then moved quickly towards Ssinjin and Beldegir.

"Come quickly, leave what is not prepared, we must travel with the speed of the great eagles in flight. Sauron's armies are will soon be on the move and snapping at our heals. The lives of innocents rest in our hands."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Brianna hurried back to the temporary camp and gathered what jerky she could, her ribs burning in protest, but she ignored it. She'd never seen anything like that troll before nor had she'd seen anyone fight the way Lac had. And Tiphereth, it was like he could fly.

She followed the others as quickly as her bruised ribs and back would allow, not letting the others see that she was in pain. She wouldn't slow them down and if need be, she would forfeit herself for the betterment of what it was they were doing. She'd been foolish trying to take on the Olag-hai and this was her payment for it.

She continued to jog with them, taking up the rear.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiphereth

avatar

Posts : 2902
Join date : 2009-04-24
Location : Land of Eternal Winter

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:37 am



As the six companions embarked on the crossing of the barren valley of Azanulbizar, the low rumble of an approaching storm echoed from the southeast.



Tiphereth, able to match the speed of a galloping mount, easily ran alongside the others. With each push of his powerful legs, he floated in the air, gliding and descending as if he were running underwater. There was not much that could elude their sight, as the bald steppe and low grasses offered no means of concealment for their enemies or themselves for that matter and so occasionally, the Deithir leaped into the air and scanned the horizon from the higher vantage point as he remained suspended, floating on the air.

He takes note of Brianna's hindered movement and realizes that her injuries from the Black Troll's blow was much more serious then she lead everyone to believe. Saying nothing he continues to playfully skip across the dried grassland and desert steppe the spans far to the east and judges that they are an hour away from the impending storm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:44 am

Brianna watches Tiphereth as he leaps and bounds over the landscape. She can't help but smile at his gracefullness.

Somehow, she's able to keep up with the others, but barely, her breathing is becoming labored, but she pushes her body to the limit and then some, not willing to let her new friends down.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:49 am

Jack comes up beside Brianna but does not look at her. He just stares straight ahead. "You put yourself in danger by not being honest." His voice is low so that only she can hear him for the moment. "Do not be afraid to ask for help."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:54 am

Brianna looks over at the pale man as he speaks to her. "How do you know whether or not I need help?", she asks in return, her voice as low as his. "Besides, we don't have time to stop and coddle me right now. We must keep moving." She stumbles, her bruised ribs protesting the continued abuse.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:57 am

"I am not talking about coddling. I am talking about your health. You are injured and need help." When she stumbles his pale hand reaches out to steady her. "Do you have a desire to see Death? That is where you will end up unless you admit that you need help."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:01 am

Biranna glares at him but grudgling admits that he's right. "Okay, I need help. My ribs are badly bruised and I am having trouble breathing." She stumbles again, wrapping her arm around her waist, holding her ribs, but she stays up, not falling, somehow.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:52 pm

"All right but don't tell me. I know nothing of the healing arts. All of my knowlegde lies within the other realm. You need to inform one of the others. Perhaps your friend up there can help with that or even the ranger."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Brianna glared at Jack, coming close to snarling at him. "You berate me for not asking for help and then when I do, you....you pretty much step aside. Well, I asked for help....from you. Regardless that you don't have any healing knowledge, you scolded me for not asking then refuse when I do ask.", she says through clenched teeth. She continued on, somehow, keeping up with the group, but she knew it wouldn't last much longer, and she didn't feel that they had the time to stop right then in order for one of them to do something to help her.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Jack comes up beside her again. "Not once did I say no. If you truly want to be healed I am not the one to ask. I would probably do more harm than good. Now I apologize if I have offended you but if you do not ask someone for help I will do it for you." With that the ghostwalker steps back a bit.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:12 pm

This time, Brianna does snarl at him, while she winces in pain at the same time. "Don't you dare! I will not endanger these people because of my stupidity in thinking I could take that overgrown ogre. We can't afford to stop just to wrap my ribs and do whatever else needs done. It's my own fault that I am injured and my price to pay for it. I will not have their blood on my hands if by stopping for my injuries, it causes them harm."

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:24 pm

"And what of your new friends? What will happen to them if there is another fight? And trust me there will be. The evil is all around. Will they be able to count on you or will your injuries keep you from aiding them? There is a larger picture that you must look at beyond the here and now." He looks over at her now. "Perhaps I should take you to meet someone that did not ask for help when they should have."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:31 pm

"Fine, if you would then, let the others know that I need to stop and have one of them wrap my ribs." She finally stops jogging, unable to go any further until her bruised ribs are taken care of. "Get Tiphereth, I guess, or Lac. Jinn has enough to deal with right now." She can't believe she's giving in to him, but she grudgingly admits that he's right, it would not be fair when another fight occurs, for them to have to guard her back because she can't help them then if she were able to fight for herself.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:35 pm

"If you can talk me through it I will wrap your ribs for you. That is if you trust me enough to do that." Despite his lack of social skills Jack is being rather nice to the young woman. "The choice is, of course, yours to make."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:40 pm

Sighing, she looks up at Jack, not sure what to do but knowing that she must make up her mind quickly. "Let the others know what is going on first, then you will need strips of cloth, enough to wrap from just under my breasts down to the last rib, and wrap it tightly, tying it off at the bottom. And, like I said, wrap it tight, one or two may be cracked." Brianna sets her pack down, looking to see if Jack will help her.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Nodding Jack calls out to the group and lets them know what is going on. He stands in front of Brianna as he pulls an old shirt from his bag. He starts tearing it strips. "Do what you need to do to get ready. This may hurt a bit."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:56 pm

As Jack is ripping up the shirt into strips, she raises her tunic to just under her breasts, exposing her torso. The bruising is horrific, deep hues of greens, purples, yellows, and black, and covers her whole mid-section. It's a wonder she's standing let alone jogging. "I know it will hurt, it's going to hurt like hell, but it has to be done." She grits her teeth, barely making any sound as he tightly binds her ribs. He will notice the bruising also covers her back.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:59 pm

The ghostwalker binds her ribs tightly, noticing the bruising on her back. "I hope you understand that you will need more than just this when we finally make camp. You need an expert healer to look at these injuries."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 am

Brianna thanks Jack, feeling a little better. "You are right, Jack and I apologize for being bitchy towards you. I will talk to the others once we stop." She picks up her pack and catches up with the others, along with Jack.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lac'Nal

avatar

Posts : 1818
Join date : 2009-04-24
Age : 67
Location : In The WIld

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:19 am

Lac, walks up to Brianna and the one called Jack. He watches as Jack wraps her ribs, and listens as Jack explains the need for rest and proper healing measures. " Brianna, can you continue for another leagu or so? Then we should be at the ruines of watch tower of Rohanathila. There we can rest for the night." Lac said
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
avatar

Posts : 2370
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 48
Location : Preferably the Mountains

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:25 am

Brianna looks upon Lac, "Yes, I can continue, I will be fine. Go and I will follow." As Lac turns, Brianna follows once more, again struggling to keep up, but doing so nonetheless.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Judge not nor fear that or those which you do not understand, for it or they may be someone or something that will aid you in the trials of your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:28 am

Jack stays at the back of the group a few paces behind them. He keeps a watchful eye on Brianna as well as their surroundings. At the mention of the watchtower he has a vague memory of the place that quickly fades.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

avatar

Posts : 1818
Join date : 2009-04-24
Age : 67
Location : In The WIld

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:37 am

Lac smiled and said "Good it will not be long and will be able to help with your discomfort. But now we must make haste." Lac said as they pressed on. Soon the arrived at the ruined watchtower and climbed the steps to the floor and ruined walls of the watch tower. "We can rest here for the night, from here we can watch the approaches. These walls will aford us some protection, but we must be prepared to flee at a moments call. Rest and eat as you can, but we must have no fire, for it can be seen easily." Lac instructed. "After I attened to Brianna I wil take first watch."


Last edited by Lac'Nal on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   

Back to top Go down
 
2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR
» Tshingwayo
» Native American RP????
» Great 5 Tribe Leaders of the Plains
» Lunar Plains

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: NIFLHEIM - Archive of Forgotten Halls :: The Abyss :: The Plains of Gladsheim :: Archives of Gladsheim-
Jump to: