Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
subbear

subbear

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:12 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Drow

"We are many Deithir, you cannot stand against us...I am unafraid to reveal our number, it is always one that is our master and then six and six."

The proud Drow coughed.

"There are far worse things waiting in the dark then the rest of my brothers..."
The dark elf said.

"There is no hope of victory, no one will know that you fell here when your bright Deithir bones are dust and blow about this chamber, what hope do you have to possibly make a stand against the titans of Underdark?"

The warrior was of course speaking of the pair of Dyders that had yet to be revealed.

"It is best that you destroy me now for I will not return any mercy you offer."

The Drow struggled against the Pharie's hold, he could see the other 3 of his kin that had been harmed by the fungi, they were beginning to compose themselves. They were getting to their feet, their eyes were swollen and watery.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:56 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 MR-100298

Augustine was nothing but a moving target in the chamber, every other second more poison daggers and bolts came at him. Ssinjin was was playing the part of savior, she had already spared him injury twice over. The druid did not want to leave his friends but he could not become a burden of combat for them.

"Jin, I do not know how you came to survive the crushing mountain, or why you appear so changed and different but I will not leave this place, not until we all are free to leave unharmed."

The druid turned to the attacking Drow, 50 or 60 feet from them he could see Tiphereth holding one of them with his spear, surely there were more that would come to try and send the Phariekin, Ssinjin and himself to the next world if Augustine did not act.

A feeling that was becoming somewhat familiar to Augustine was growing in the pit of his stomach. This time it was different, the druid was in control. Augustine folded his hands into his sleeves, put his hood back up and calmly walked at the three Drow that had been effected by the mushrooms. The black skinned elves smiled bright as they saw the unarmed druid approach.

Two raised their small crossbows and fired, the small bolts were so fast they could almost not be seen with normal eyes. Augustine closed his eyes, he whispered softly to himself as the bolts whizzed near.

As the bolts were about to breach the druid's thick deerskin robes, the druid vanished from sight. Where Augustine had been standing a storm of red brown and gold oak leaves were drifting in all directions, there were a great number of the leaves, they fell like a heavy rain.

The storm of leaves was expanding, they fell all around the confused Drow, the three of them struggled to find any targets in the fall of foliage.

"I have always thought that Autumn was the finest of the seasons..." The druid's voice was everywhere and nowhere it echoed around this side of the chamber. The Drow where not happy to be touched by the downfall of Oak leaves, they were disgusted by the colorful things. They huddled together, the two with the crossbows waved them around chaotically, the third gripped his daggers and strained his eyes in the firelight and storm of leaves.

A compact whirlwind was driving the 'storm' of leaves, the wind whipped the large colorful oak shapes at the Drow. Where ever they turned to escape Augustine directed the fury of leaves at them.

"You will leave this place and take no actions to harm us." Augustine commanded, his words were calm and direct. The storm of leaves was expanding, it was filling the chamber, the blowing leaves drifted near the roaring fire in the Dwarven fire pit.
------------------------------------------------------------------

"We do not fear your parlor tricks druid, we do not shrink from an Autumn breeze." The one with the daggers mocked, they stood still now at the heart of the whirlwind.

"You can leave on your feet now, you should take the opportunity to do this while you can."
Augustine retorted, it was the only time anyone had heard him actively threaten anyone.

"Go back the way you came and tell your master that he will never have his victory.'

The leaves danced violently near the fire, there were a great deal more of them now, they did not merely settle on the floor if they landed, they took to the air again like a group of bats, or birds driven on by the druid's magic.
2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Fire-ball-black-hot-burning
The leaves drifted out over the fire and began to ignite, the fire traveled through the body of the leaves. The whirlwind was like a dragon's breath now, a massive cloud of fire came at the Drow. The dark skinned elves were feeling true fear for the first time in a long time. They fell to the floor, their eyes wide and hurting in the light of the firery cloud that hovered above them.

The Drow near Jin and the one that Tiphereth held fast were at the edge of the cloud of flame, they would fear it as well but were not at the heart of it as their brethren were.

Last edited by SubBear on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:10 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Tiphereth_Sorrelwind

As the Drow spoke of the 'Titans of the Underdark', the image of a horrid spider-like beast flashed across Sorrelwind's mind and the Phaerie gasped at the sight of it. He glanced over to assess the condition of the others that had been plagued by the yellow fungi and saw that in but a few more moments they would be able to fight once more.

Sorrelwind stared down at the white head of the Dark Elf, his soft glowing eyes unreadable, his expression cold and lifeless. He tightened his grip on the Drow's throat, cutting off the air and struggle as he may the Deithir's grip was like an iron vice. How dishonorable to be slain like livestock!

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Mueller_drizzt

The darkness of death enshrouded the Drow, but then he returned to the amber lit chamber. He was freed and left prone upon the floor for reasons that escaped his logic.

"You should have killed me!" spat the Drow in his native tongue, coughing as he forced air through his bruised wind pipe.

Maybe so, thought Tiphereth. He knew not why he did not kill the Drow then and there. Perhaps it was because he saw himself in these creatures or perhaps he could not bring himself to take the warriors life in such a disgraceful fashion. What he did know was that he was no longer the killer he once was. Every time he fought the blood of the dead washed over him. His kind could not drown but what he felt each time his spear tore the life away from yet another adversary felt like his life's breath was being forced from his lungs. He did not want to slay this fine warrior but the Drow had made his choice and he could at least offer him a swift and noble passing in the eyes of his deity.

The Drow leapt to his feet and drew two scimitar, deftly spiraling them about, stalking toward the Deithir who stood straight and still. Tiphereth held his spear with one arm, extending it straight out toward his opponent. As the Elf moved around him, the gleaming double edged blade of the spear stay trained upon his chest.

"You are fool!" Growled the Drow, "I have heard the tales of your kind. Vicious and merciless stalkers of the night, you were the darkness that was Faerie, but how you fell. Look at you now! You are nothing! Your kind strives to be part of the sunlit world and it has made you weak so I shall gladly end your shame, Deithir. And your life!"

Even as the Drow spoke his last words before his attack, Sorrelwind watched the events unfold beyond him. The druid approached the three remaining Drow fearless and determined, revealing the true power that the Phaerie knew resided within him.

The Drow attacked, his blades flashing in the Dwarven fire light. His first strike parried the spear aside, rolling against it, spinning in the air the second blade descending in a deadly arch.

For a brief moment, Sorrelwind considered allowing the blade to find his throat but they would never let it end. He would linger on regardless and this miserable creature would be falsely elevated in status. No, he would not let it end here, not while Augustine and Jin yet had need of him.

As the Drow smashed his sword into the spear, which was supported by only the wrist of the Deithir he should have bashed it out of the way, but it did not move. The Elven warrior spun along it, actually leaning against it as if it were as solid as a fallen tree, and as he swung his second blade, the Phaerie at last moved.

A storm of autumn leaves erupted and the druid's voice boomed through the chamber as Tiphereth reacted. He side stepped and with a powerful flick of his wrist pushed against the Drow's torso with the shaft of his spear. The force it generated threw the Dark Elf into the air, hurling him across the chamber where he landed with a graceful shoulder roll, instantly rising into a fighting stance.

Though the Drow hid his fear, Sorrelwind could feel it. The Elven warrior had been thrown aside effortlessly and doubt had been implanted which was the desired effect of the maneuver. The movement, roughly translated, was called 'Iron Bridge', a prepared defense that utilized mystical force to make the Deithir appear far stronger than he actually was. It worked, and now the Drow was far more tentative, and those who worried, made mistakes.

The Dark Elf attacked again, this time with a barrage of well timed two handed attacks but he over compensated for the strength of his opponent. Sorrelwind expertly staved off the blades and as the Drow lunged and over extended he executed his finishing move. Spinning in the air rapidly, the thrusting blade passing underneath him, he drove his spear through the Drow warrior's throat and his foot into the Elf's chest simultaneously, while hovering horizontally in the air. Kicking off of his opponent, using his inertia to recoil and land lightly, the Drow flew backward, his throat spewing blood and making a sickly gurgling sound.

Tiphereth turned in time to witness the swirling leaves ignite into a raging ball of fire. Enthralled by the serpentine flame writhing over the Drow he remained still as he shook the blood off of his spear with a flick of his wrist. As his eyes turned black in the bright light, the Phaerie watched the druid wield his magic. How they would need it, when the demi-gods of the Underdark sought them out, when strength and swiftness of blade would not be enough.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:53 am

Lac looked towards the rising smoke, that spoke of.2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Lac23111 "Aye Master Othagren your kin did dwell within these mountains an long ago. But it has been more than an age since last your race called these mountains home. I sense our friends may be near, let us make haste. They may be in need of our help. Join us freely Jalisa, there is indeed much grater safety in numbers, walk with me Jalisa." Lac said. He saw within Jalisa's eyes words left unsaid by, words that were ment for his ears alone. With her beside him, followed by Othagren and Brianna bring up the rear.
Quietly with words but slightly above a whisper Lac smiled slightly and said to Jalisa "Ista sataethanaysileld tirhinestraeeth ithsae silosmorethtaehurimnaegal lirestafaetay unenorsoraninadae beleldtaewenethevnae uthsay. Welosrindaysata yiroluthae winistisorhir falonrin miryin ethartharilsata anlorolnareth. Isti taerinuthaesiltar tinhirorsaeelda wynolraydilstar winistilaelis belelda saepiroskeyevanir wishileldanae yorossauthae farestaethalae tayhalesta tarinamayelda istsil reningolhiltil." (TRANSLLATION: I sense there is something left unsaid between us. Words you wish for my ears alone. I trust those words will be spoken when you feel the time is right. ) Once more a soft groan drifted across the damp forest air along with the sound of creatures moving about the dried leaves and green foliage that surrounded them, as they moved closer to the rising smoke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:16 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Cloak

”I promise to explain all when we get the hell out of here, my friend.”

Jin was about to yell to Augustine to stay behind her and take cover when she witnessed the Druid walk towards the Drow then vanish. As the Drow beneath her struggled to get the wicked whip off his wrist, Jin looked all around for Augustine but he was no where to be found in the falling leaves. When she had enough of the Drow taking her attention away from the obvious, she kicked him hard in the jaw with her left foot knocking him for a loop.

As the Drow that had been affected by the fungus of the mushrooms began to regain their senses, she knew they would have their hands full once more. But with the falling leaves growing thicker and thicker so close tot hem, Jin also knew it would be difficult to get a clear shot off at any of them.

Glancing at Tiphereth, she saw he had the Drow he was attempting to question well in hand, literally. So that left just the one she knocked out and the ones trying to fight off the fall leaves. When Jin heard Augustine’s voice fill the chamber, again her eyes glanced around for any sign of the druid but she still couldn’t see him.

When the leaves caught fire, the Drow she’d kicked was just coming around and when he saw the serpent like fire he panicked and began to try and force the tip of the whip off his wrist. In his rush he caused the razor sharp tip to dig into his skin even more and slice the artery. Blood began to spurt from his wrist with each pulse of his heart and when he saw that, he panicked even more causing his blood to spurt even faster. It only took a couple of moments before he passed out from blood loss and eventually ceased breathing. Jin flicked the whip and it disengaged from around his wrist.

The heat and smoke of the burning leaf serpent began to fill the cavern and Jin ducked low to keep out of the toxic gases of the fire as much as she could but it would only be a matter of moments before it reached her. Hopefully Augustine would finish what he was doing before then. But just to be on the safe side, Jin pulled her cross bow up and fired in the direction of the disoriented Drow that were talking so cocky just a moment ago.

But something was bothering Jin. Something one of the Drow had said. He told Tiphereth they didn’t have any hope of standing against the titans of the Underdark. She’d heard that expression before but right now, she couldn’t remember where or why it brought a sense of sheer dread upon her. It wasn’t a good omen, that’s for certain, but she wished she could remember why it was so ominous.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:26 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Jalisa1

Jalisa heard the groan as well as the sound of creatures moving as they got ready to move forward. Her strangely colored eyes glanced all around and tried to discern what it was she was hearing. Something about the whole ordeal gave her a feeling of unease and that wasn’t a good thing for usually when she felt uneasy, there was good cause.

As Lac reverted to his native tongue Jalisa couldn’t help but smile. She loved the Language of the Elves. It was so poetic. Even when you were insulting your enemy it sounded so…beautiful. Finally she nodded and brought her attention back to the present. Reverting to Lac’s language as well, she hinted to what it was she needed to tell him but didn’t go into details.

”I love this language. It’s a beautiful, articulate sing song of words that fill my ears with great joy. But I digress. You are correct, Lac’Nala, when you sense there is more I need to say. And yes, they are for your ears alone. And until the time comes where I can speak them freely to you without fear of anyone hearing them, suffice it to say that I have been sent here to you by a good friend of yours who is anxious to see you once again. A dear friend who has known you since you were but a pup, so to speak.”

Jalisa looked towards the smoke and saw it was much thicker and blacker now. Even in this form her eyesight was quite sharp and she could see that there was growing heat from the source of the smoke. Furrowing her brows, she let Lac know there was indeed trouble afoot.

”The smoke grows thicker and blacker. I can see a heat signature of the cause of the smoke growing. I would say we need to try and hurry to find out what is causing this soke. Perhaps it is your friends signaling you, although I would say they are going a bit overboard in the signaling department if that is the case.”
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:00 pm

The only Drow that still drew a breath in the chamber were trapped by Augustine's cloud of fire, the druid continued to feed leaves into the flames. The three dark elves were on their bellies, they were laying as flat as they could manage, their black leather armor was beginning to smolder from the heat over head.

Ssinjin's bolt whistled through the smoke and fire and struck one of the Drow in his side, the small bolt pierced his armor and stuck into the flesh of his ribs. The poison in the weapon flooded into the dark elf's blood, his time was short now, he began to stand up. He looked at his brethren briefly as he stood, he gave them a knowing nod and faced the druid's flames.

The white haired elf stood up in the blowing firestorm, he began to burn immediately, his hair first and then his dark flesh. Still he walked towards Ssinjin, his face was calm and expressionless. The other two watched as he took more steps, from the shoulders up he was ablaze now he continued to walk.

The burning Drow pulled a smoldering talisman from a cord on his neck and threw it at the ground near his feet. When the small charm struck the floor a small shock wave emanated from it. A foul wind stirred in the chamber, it blew at the druid's storm of fire, black shadows danced around the fire cloud. The shadows grew in number their mass was nearly equal in size of the burning leaves. The cloud of fire was moving away from the Drow now, it drifted backwards toward the Dwarven fire pit. The shadows pushed it across the chamber; the cloud was shrinking, it's heat growing less intense. The druid's cloud soon shrank and vanished into the roaring fire in the great fire ring.

The burning Drow's hands fell limp to his sides and at last he fell to the ground and died. The talisman he had thrown disintegrated and was no more.

When the last of the burning leaves were forced into the fire the druid reappeared. Augustine seemed to fall from nowhere, he plopped onto the ground behind Ssinjin, his robes were singed and stained with soot. The druid was sweating and exhausted as he got to his hands and knees.
Elsewhere, not far from these happenings Verin felt the deaths of his underlings, he had also felt the power of the the Drow talisman, it had been used, this was not necessarily a good thing.
Verin commanded his 6 remaining warriors to enter the fray, they quickly obeyed and crept silently towards the fire chamber. Verin walked slowly to the silent Dryders, they stood like two mythological statues in the dark chamber. They were as still and as silent as two stones.

"My lords, the time is at hand. I humbly ask that you lend me your strength in destroying these enemies of Underdark."

The large eyes of the creatures snapped open and they began to move.
"At last we fight." They croaked simultaneously.
2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 44443
They gripped their long spears and over sized scimitar blades and rumbled up the passage towards the fire room.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:21 am

As the Drow Jin’s bolt hit got to his feet and stood to let the fire catch hold of him, Jin uttered a curse under her breath. It was never a good thing to see a talisman used. Jin knew for certain then the murdering bastard was close by. And she also knew there were six other warriors they were going to have to deal with.

As Augustine appeared and tried to get to his feet, she knelt down beside him and grabbed a hold of his arm firmly then practically dragged him to his feet. Jin knew he was weakened b the spell he’d just cast but he couldn’t show his weakness. Not now.

”Up you go, my friend. You do not have the luxury of resting right now. It would be your sure death if the others see how tired you are. And I cannot allow you to do that.”

Casting wary glances over her shoulder the whole time, Jin waited for the new wave of fighters to appear and she had just gotten Augustine to his feet when they finally showed themselves. They were ready for a good fight and while the fire storm Augustine was gone, the fire in the Dwarven fire p it still burned brightly. As the six sets of red, glowing eyes filled the area, Jin knew she had to protect the Druid.

There was but one spell she cast that would aid them now on the mass of fighters that were encroaching upon them. Taking Augustines idea of the toxic spores, Jin uttered words and reached her right hand out slowly raising it as she did. From the ground where the decaying mushrooms now rested came a black mist like cloud. It rose slowly around the fighters that were making their way towards it. The cloudy mist contained noxious methane gas. It would quickly force out the oxygen in the are making it difficult to breathe, but that was only one thing Jin needed the gas for.

Methane gas was highly flammable and had a low explosive heat rate. Just a tiny spark was all that was needed and once the initial explosion was over, the gas was burnt up and no longer a threat thus not a threat to Augistine, Tiphereth or herself.

As the misty gas grew in size, Jin waited until it was just the right amount and then cast a fireball spell, hurling it towards the fighters in the middle of the gas cloud. The explosion was going to be quite loud not to mention potentially hazardous when part of the cavern caved in. As soon as the fireball left her hand, she yelled at Tiphereth to seek shelter while she turned and tackled Augustine to knock him down and use the side of the fire pit as cover.

”Protect yourself, Tiphereth!”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Sorrelwind could feel the Drow approach, the weight of their dark hearts pressing upon him. He was ready for them and welcomed the challenge, but it was the others that he feared. That's what the quake in his belly was, he was sure of it. Long had it been since he had been aware of such sensation that he had almost forgotten what being afraid felt like, but that was what he was experiencing. Of course it was no surprise that he should feel so, where he hailed from spiders were the most vile of creatures, the embodiment of evil and it was the natural response of many to be repulsed by their very image. He had felt it in the burial chamber when looked upon the sculptures of the Drow goddess, but his fascination with artistry of their very creation seemed to quell the distress.

The horrors were coming and within this ancient Dwarven hall of fire they were trapped. They had to get out and get away before they came but as the Phaerie began to move toward the passage, six dark shadows were cast in the opening. The Drow crept into the orange glow of the great fire pit and immediately sought vengeance when the beheld the bodies of their fallen brothers.

Sorrelwind crouched and readied his spear, while the Drowess, Jin began casting a series of spells, to which the Phaerie could make little sense of. He watched curiously as a fireball leapt from her hand toward the Dark Elven warriors and never did he imagine that such a spell would cause him harm until Jin yelled her warning.

Wasting little time, the Deithir Phaerie, thrust his bladed spear tip into the ground and spun around once. Blue sparks leapt up from the floor, trailing behind the shimmering blade as he drew around himself a softly glowing circle of protection, one that would diminish the effects of the element of fire. Quickly then he crouched down and covered his head with a brawny arm as he anticipated the worst.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:39 pm

As Lac 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Lac23112 , Jalisa, Othargren and Brianna moved deeper into the Fargon Forest dawn came to the forest. The pale sun burned away the morning chilland the clinging damp mist, revealing a gigantic silent world, even the groaning had stopped. Enormous trees with trunks forty feet in diameter rose two hundred feet overhead, where they spread their dense leafy canopy, blotting out the sky and the perpetual driping of water to the ground below. Curtains of grey moss, and creepers and lianas, hung down in a tangle from the trees. Parasitic orchids sprouted from the trunks, at ground level. 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Cloudf10 Huge ferns, gleeming with moisture, grew higher than a man's chest and held the low ground fog. Here and there was a spot of color: the red acanthema blossoms, which were deadly poison and the blue dicindra vine, which opened only in the early morning. But the basic impression was of a vast, oversisized, gray-green world-an alien place, inhospitable to man, dwarf or Elf. Just ahead, not fifty feet infront of them rose a cylindrical mound of dark volcanic rock, a collum of smoke from the chimmney.
Lac held his hand up, signalling the others to stop, quietly he said "Stay here I will see what I can see." He then stepped forward twenty paces and dropped to the ground, crawling the rest of the way to the chimmney. With his chest to the vent, Lac slowly rose until only his eyes could see over the rim.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:08 pm

As the sky began to lighten and reveal Fangor Forest to the eyes of the traveler, Jalisa scanned the area once again to make sure all was clear. Or at least not threatening to the point where they were going to be attacked. The rustling and groaning they heard in the darkness seemed to cease as the light of dawn bathed the forest but Jalisa knew what ever it was making the noise was still there. Just….dormant for now.

When Lac held his hand up and told them to wait, Jalisa looked nervous and anxious. Her eyes darted here and there. As Lac began to walk away, she whispered after him.

”If it’s trouble, be sure to give us all plenty of warning so we will have a good head start running away from what ever it is. We don’t want to end up on the end of a pike. Or as a meal for some hungry beast.”

Looking back at Brianna and Othargren, Jalisa smiled nervously and tried to be calm. Still, as Lac moved on his stomach towards the smoke that was coming from the old Dwarven chimney she made ready for just about anything but mostly to get Lac the hell out of there in case things went awry. Loki would never forgive her if she let anything happen to the Ranger.

The last thing she wanted, though, was to reveal what she truly was. It would be a bit difficult to explain without the proper amount of time to do so. So to keep herself from falling under suspicion, she made like a nervous cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Ssinjin's magic was in the air, the foul smell of Methane was gathering around the 6 Drow as they entered the chamber. They had their black neck kerchiefs pulled across their faces to help filter out the smell of the gas and the bright firelight from the Dwarven hearth. They sensed the deadly gas, it stung their eyes and noses but they did not run, and they did not split up.

Jin's fireball flashed at the 6 Drow males, they had little time to act, they hunkered low together in a shieldless phalanx. The gas ignited, the explosion shook the chamber. The 6 drow were blown back into the hallway from which they had just come, their black clad bodies were scattered across the narrow passage.

Two Drow had landed just outside the Dwarven hearth room, their bodies were burning, flames still danced across their blackened lifeless faces. The terrible smell of their burning flesh drifted down the passage.

Of the other four, one was badly burned, he sat, further down the passage, with his arms across his chest, his face, arms and hands were painfully charred. The pain he was feeling was evident as he grit his teeth and kept his red eyes tightly closed.

The remaining three were already getting back to their feet, they patted their smoldering black leather and smoking hair, making sure all traces of flames were extinguished. They moved quickly and quietly making their way back towards the fire room.

The whole underground system shuddered and groaned from the force of the explosion, stone and earth shifted overhead, some of the ceiling above was coming loose.

Large craggy pieces of the roof of the fire chamber were coming down, a slab the size of a grown elephant fell from above and into the fire pit. The stalactite covered chunk turned as it fell, it's fang like projections shattered as it impacted in the fire pit putting out the large magical fire.

More groaning and cracking could be heard all around as the chamber and passages reacted to the explosion from the methane gas. More large pieces were falling from the ceiling above. A few medium size chunks fell down near the mouth of the chamber where the 6 Drow had been affected by Ssinjin's explosion. The jagged chunks rolled and settled in the opening of the smaller passage leading away from the fire room, the 4 surviving Drow were now barred from making an easy return to the fire room.

More medium and many smaller pieces continued to break away from the ancient chamber roof, the pieces fell all around the large chamber, some rained down on top of the Pharie, stones like spear heads came at the Deithir being. Ssinjin and Augustine were still closest to the fire ring, dust and smoke billowed out into the now dark chamber from the fire ring. Ssinjin and Augustine choked and coughed on the dust and smoke as dangerous stalactites fell from above threatening to crush and spear them.

A dull glow was flickering in the dark, the fire in the great fire pit was struggling to come back to life, the magic flames blinked and sputtered under a mountain of fallen rocks.

The druid was blind in the dust and smoke, he stumbled around like a drunkard, a shard of stone from above fell to the ground and pierced his robes, pinning them to the ground. The druid pulled on his robes, tearing them away from the long splinter of stone.

Beyond the wall of fallen stones the 3 able Drow warriors were met by the Dryders. The singed dark elves motioned to the rock fall and the Dryder beasts began to remove the rock fall. They removed the fallen rocks with relative ease, there were many stones in the way but the two Titans of Underdark would not be delayed long.

Verin walked slowly to were the Dryders and the Drow were. If he was surprised to see only 4 of his guard left he did not show it, he stood silently and waited for the Dryders to clear the way.

Verin let his thoughts slip from his head and drift beyond the wall of stone, they searched for Ssinjin, he could sense all that still lived in the next room and he could feel his dead warriors all around.

"A few pounds of stone is all that separates you from pain and death now, your end is moments away. I have at my side two of Lolth's very own progeny, they know no fear, they know nothing of pain and will never allow you to leave this place. These children of the Spider Queen will feast on your bones and wipe you from the face this world and from all memory."

Verin was still feeling around with his magic to determine if the person who used the powerful gas and fire magic was his sister, it seemed beyond her skill but the emotions that lingered in the air seemed familiar.

He took a few steps back and stood patiently with his hands clasped behind his back. The Dyders and Drow were making quick work of the rock fall, it would not be long now...
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Tiphereth's protective aura warded the flames of the blast while he had shielded his eyes from the light and increased his weight to stave off the force of the explosion. He had become like to stone to weather the fireball but he would hardly fair as well against the heavy pointed rocks that broke away from the ceiling of the cavern.

In the blackness his world became mono-chromatic and so he could see the enormous rocks descending upon him. He leapt to the side, sliding along the floor turning his face away from the debris kicked up by the shattering stone.

In the dusty gloom it was difficult for Sorrelwind to see, but he could hear the sound of the Druid, tearing his robes and was able to use it as a marker. He leapt over the rocks that had almost crushed him and landing upon one, turned back to where he could hear the sounds of rocks being pulled away from the blocked entrance.

Rocks were yet falling from the crumbling ceiling and so Sorrelwind cautiously made his way to the others who were beside the great Dwarven brazier, fighting to rekindle itself despite the rumble upon it.

"They are coming." Whispered Tiphereth to Augustine and Jinn, "Things that are both spider and elf. Abominations!"

For the first time the emotion could be easily read on the Deithir's smooth, expressionless features. Fear washed over him and he slowly recoiled from the noise at the far end of the room.

"We must flee, else they steal our essence as all spiders do."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:55 am

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 New_im10

As Lac watched the rocks begin to fall, he cought a glimpse of Sorrelwind and Augastine below in the fire pit. Lac reached to his belt and untethered a length of rope about a quater inch in diameter. Tossing the end of the rope over the edge and securing the other end to a boulder close to the collapsing chimmeny, Lac whistled and called down to Sorrelwind and Augastine "Quickly! Grab the rope and begin to climb!" Lac, stood, baacing his foot against agaist a boulder, grabbed the rope, flipping it over his shoulder, across his back and prepared to pull his companions to safety as they climbed.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:30 am

Jin didn’t take into account the strength of the explosion and as the pieces of the ceiling of the chamber began to crumble and fall away, she cursed under her breath. She had practically set them up for sure death. Fortunately she was able to cast a dark shield around herself and Augustine but not before one of the larger pieces pinned his roe to the earthen floor. Once more she took Augustines hand in her gloved one and tugged him towards her to insure the shield would indeed protect him.

When Verin’s voice resounded in Jin’s mind it was like fingernails scraped across slate. A chill slipped down her spine and she shuddered at hearing that familiar voice once more. While she wanted to send a missive back to him, she dared not. He was fishing. While he could feel her magic at use, he still wasn’t certain it was truly her and she wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of knowing.

But it was Tiphereth’s reaction to what was yet to come that made Jin literally stop and blink. It all made sense now. Verin kept referring to Titans of the Underdark as well as calling them Children of Lloth. Who knew no fear. And when Tiphereth described them and she saw the absolute fear in his eyes and on his porcelain face, Jin knew exactly what these Titans really were then.

Dryders.

Like Tiphereth, Jin felt fear. True fear. These abominations were practically indestructible. While they had weaknesses, they weren’t easy to get to and getting close enough to deliver a killing blow was almost impossible. As she heard the rocks being moved away by the massive creatures she knew it was only a matter of moments before they, and what ever Drow survived the blast, were able to make their way through the rubble to where the three companions were located.

Her eyes frantically looked for a quick exit but there wasn’t any to be found. That’s when she heard a voice from above calling down to them. Glancing upwards she could make out Lac’Nala’s outline and within the depths of her cowl, she smiled. As the rope was lowered, she dropped the shield spell for there was no way to reach beyond it without breaking it, and quickly grabbed the end of it. Looking over at Tiphereth, she barked at him and practically shoved Augustine towards the rope.

”Tiphereth! Assist the Druid up the rope! He is too weak to make it on his own! Quickly! There is no time to waste!”

As Tiphereth began to move, Jin looked to where the Dryders were still removing the rocks to gain access to the chamber and perform their duties for Verin. Quickly glancing at Augustine and Tiphereth, Jin knew she had to buy some time. Conjuring a fireball, she let it fly towards the working Dryders hoping it would be enough to knock them back as well as bring down more debris for them to move out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 am

Bathed in a beam of morning light, Sorrelwind looked up the tall chimney still hot from the smoky heat that had only just been extinguished. The ranger stood at its top and had lowered a long rope which would allow a quick escape from what may have been their tomb.

The great Dryders were almost through the barrier and having no need for help to make his escape to the surface chose the face them. He was about to leap toward them, when the Drowess brought to his attention that Augustine could not make the climb on his own. He looked to the druid then back to the approaching giants, horrors of the Under-dark and whispered a silent curse. His silent words then persisted in a language unknown to those around him, or any in the lands which they tread. The permeated the air, echoing from every corner of the chamber and as they grew louder the floor began to shake beneath them. All that had already been weakened began further tear apart, cracks ripping through the rock like black lightning.

The effects were not instantaneous but the fate of those within the chamber unable to stave off the falling rubble would be sealed. The Titans of the Under-Dark were, however, too powerful to succumb to the trivial collapsing cavern and the Phaerie's call to the Element of Earth was meant only to impede them. He feared not enough for the time it would take them to reach the chimney.

Their escape to the surface was just large enough for the immense spider bodies of the Dryder to squeeze through and so Tiphereth hoped that the chimney would crumble beneath their great weight, but not before they made their own retreat.

Sorrelwind quickly looped a strap round his sword-spear and slung it to his back before leaping to the druid's side. He then wrapped one of his arms around his waist and prepared to leap to a shelf of rock near to where the rope dangled.

"We must flee!" Tiphereth told the druid, pausing before propelling them high into the air with a powerful leap. "I am sorry to offend you once more." He apologized for his touch.

The force of Sorrelwind's leap compressed the druid against his body, almost winding him as he used raw power to propel them up into the chimney from atop one of the fallen rocks. They soared through the air up into the chimney and as they neared the shelf, Sorrelwind grasped the rope and used it to pull him and druid against the wall.

Tiphereth handed the rope to the druid and looked down the hole for Jin.

"Climb into the light, Augustine, it is there that YOU are the master. I shall wait here for Jin and ensure that you do not fall."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:04 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Briann11Brianna had been quiet for some time, immersed in her own thoughts. She felt somewhat responsible still for what had happened on the side of the mountain. When Jalisa showed up, she trusted Lac's decision to allow her to travel with them, but she watched her closely.

She was surprised to see her acting nervous when Lac moved off to check out the strange smoke, but figured it was just the girl's nature to be nervous. Then she heard him yell for someone to grab the rope. Turning to Orthargren, she bid him to stay with Jalisa as she took off to where Lac was.

"What is it, Lac?! Who is down there?!"

Seeing that he had a hold of one end of his rope and was braced, she quickly looked down into the chimney like hole and saw Tiphereth with Augustine. She turned, yelling down to the dwarf.

"WE MAY HAVE NEED OF YOUR STRENGTH, ORTHARGREN!!!"
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 am

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Othargren

In answer to Brianna's call the surly Dwarf dismounted and ran toward the collapsing chimney. Upon it the ranger and now the woman stood struggling to maintain their balance on the crumbling rocks. Choking on the black smoke that yet rose from the smoldering walls of the massive tower, they held fast the rope lowered to who he could only assume were there lost companions.

"'Tis them! You've found 'em master Lac'Nal!" He bellowed joyously as he maneuvered up the loose rocks at the base of the ancient smoke stack.

The chimney was tall (for a Dwarf), and as the ground began to shake once more, now from the Phaerie's magick the stones shifted and began to fall apart. Dodging a falling rock the Dwarf stepped back and shouted up to the two, "Best I wait down here, we Dwarves require a firm hand hold, you know."

There was then the sound of a snapping branch from a thicket not too far from Orthagren and the Dwarf immediately readied his axe. He glanced quickly over at Jalisa then back to the woods.

"Who goes there! Speak thee name or you'll feel my axe across your skull!" Roared the Dwarf.

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 FemaleHalfOrcInText

A tall woman stepped out of the woods, her dark narrow eyes fixed on the ranger and the woman teetering at the top of the chimney, then she lowered her stare to the Dwarf. She appeared human enough but her eyes were a dark brown all around and her thin pale lips could not hide the long canines that rose from both her upper and lower jaw. As she pushed a strand of straggly black hair from her rugged face she revealed one of her misshapen ears.

Orthagren recognized immediately what she was. Standing his ground he shouted his warning, "Not a step closer ye filthy Half-Orc!"

She wore a suit of weathered and worn plated mail and yet made no more noise than one wearing a light tunic as she pushed her way through the dense brush. Her sword was drawn, and pausing before the Dwarf a fiendish grin spread across her face as a total of ten others of her kind emerged from the brush like ghosts.

Orthagren sensed that the one female before him was an enchantress of some kind and had used her magic to deaden the sound of their armour and foot steps. 'How long had they been tracking them?', he wondered, 'And who had sent them?'

"Well done, Thresh!" Praised one the largest Half-Orcs who appeared at her side.

He looked up and it was very apparent that it was the ranger they were focusing on and the Dwarf knew then what they were. "Bounty hunters!" He growled and spat the foul words from his mouth.

The Dwarf pointed his axe menacingly at the female Half-Orc and the large one, who were quite obviously the leaders of the rabble.

"You've chosen th' wrong time to show yer miserable hides."

The Half-Orc bounty hunters wasted no time exchanging words with Orthagren and attacked. They saw that the ranger currently had his hands round a rope and sought to take advantage of his prone position. Five of the agile warriors sprinted for the chimney and scampered up it like monkeys, virtually unhindered by the weight of the armour and able to make the climb with the swords drawn.

Three of them launched themselves toward Jalisa moving with surprising quickness while the female and large male bore down upon the Dwarf, screaming their battle cries and swinging swords savagely. As the battle ensued the Dwarven chimney continued to crumble away, impeding the progress of a few of the climbing Half-Orcs. While inside Augustine and Sorrelwind dodged falling rocks as the entire structure grew weaker by the second.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Briann11Brianna, hearing Orthargren yell, looked back and saw the two bounty hunters climbing up the chimney, hampered by crumbling rocks. She also took in the battle going on below between Jalisa, the dwarf and the remaining half-orcs. She didn't know how long they had to get their comrades up before the two hunters were on them, but she didn't figure they had very long.

"GRAB THE ROPE!!! HURRY!! WE MUST GET YOU UP!!"

Brianna hollered down into the hole, seeing Augustine and Tiphereth scrambling to keep from getting hit by falling rocks. She looked back and saw that the bounty hunters were almost upon them. Drawing her sword, she smiled at Lac.

"Don't let them fall while I have your back."

She stood in between where the two hunters would come up at and Lac, hoping that by the time they got to them, their comrades would be out of the dank hole and fighting alongside them.

Running to where the two hunters would be coming up at, Brianna took a chance and loosened more rock to fall down upon them, almost loosing her own footing in the process, but she was able to scramble back just in time, smiling as she saw that the small rock slide she'd made had caused the two to slide back quite a few feet and was making it even more difficult for them to get a good foothold.

She ran back to Lac and grabbed the rope with him, keeping one eye on the edge for the two hunters.

"DAMMIT, GRAB THE ROPE YOU TWO!!"

Brianna kept watching over her shoulder, hoping that they would be up before the hunters were.

"I've slowed them down, Lac, but it won't last."
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Augustine summoned a last, small burst of strength and pulled himself up the rope and up the sculpted chimney cap and into the light of day. His eyes were watery from the smoke and dust from the happenings in the chamber below. Augustine drew in some of the fresh, warm air, it was just what the druid needed.

It took a second but the druid realized that he was the only one that had left the underground chamber, Ssijin and the Phariekin were still down below.

"The chamber, it is falling in on itself...they have very little time!" Augustine coughed. He could hear and feel the rumbling. Tiphereth's call to the elementals was being answered, the ground beneath Lac'Nala, Augustine, Brianna and Orthagren shuddered violently.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 pm

The Dryders had removed the last of the stones that barred their way into the large fire chamber. Their Drow eyes burned crimson in the gloom as they searched for the trespassers. The two massive creatures moved quickly towards the fire pit, small flames still danced in the brazier as the enchanted flame struggled to grow again.

The eight legs of each Dryder clicked loudly as they crossed the chamber, the horrible sound echoed throughout the open space. Their ruby eyes found the two remaining beings near the chimney opening, they silently pointed their long weapons at the Phariekin and Ssinjin. The three able bodied Drow were just a pace behind the Dryders as they moved to attack the two strangers.

As they closed in on Jin and Tiphereth the chamber began to shake again, more violently this time. More of the ancient ceiling was raining down, huge pieces swung loose from above and tumbled below.

The Dryders moved through the falling stone, they navigated the deadly chunks with ease. The Drow men were not as lucky, as they dodged the falling rubble they found that they were running out of clear pathways. Boulder sized pieces were collecting into tall piles that were not easily climbed.

The Dryders were getting nearer to Tiphereth and Ssinjin, a large splinter of falling rock struck one of the Dryders, the creature was knocked sideways by the force but quickly climbed over the large piece and continued on it's way.

"Do not run, face us, you must pay for your trespass. We are the the mighty hands of Under dark, make peace in this moment of your destruction." The Dryders croaked together.

One of the monsters was closest to the Pharie, it swung it's great spear at the Deithir, it was not close enough to cut but the sheer force of the attack was like a hurricane wind.

The second beast clicked and clacked around the falling stones and moved near to Ssinjin, she could see it's frightening face clearly now, a mass of white flesh, two burning red eyes and mandibles jutting from a gaping mouth. Black oily spittle was dripping from the creature's mouth as it eyed Ssinjin.

Verin was nowhere to be seen, as always he waited to see how events might turn before he acted on his own.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 am

The wake of the Dryder's swing nearly blew the Phaerie off of the narrow shelf of rock upon which he balanced; his long orange hair raging like flames from the blast, stirring and swirling smoke up the chimney. At the top of the stack black soot erupted into the air, bathing the entire area of the sun lit battle with an ashen shower.

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Othargren

At the base of the chimney, Orthagren roared as he parried and dodged the attacks of the female Half-Orc, Thresh their leader. Hooking the head of his axe round the sword of the large male he twisted his burly arms, disarming him, then smashing the surprised Half-Orc with a vicious butt stroke to the mid-section. As he doubled over the Dwarf put his shoulder to him, tossing him back head on into the charging Thresh, sending them both tumbling backward down the incline behind them.

"Watch yer flank, Augustine!" Warned the Dwarf as he spun around, tossing a throwing axe at one of the two Half-Orcs nearest to the top of the chimney. The axe dug deep into the back of the creature's neck and it fell limply to the ground, dead on impact.

Three other Half-Orcs were working their way to the top of the monolithic stack, but the vibrations from below impeded their progress. Their hand and foot holds were beginning to loosen and as more stone began to wiggle free of the structure it was apparent that it would not be long before the chimney collapsed sealing the fate of those below and threatening to crush those yet upon it.

Tiphereth tensed as he stared into the face of the horrid beast before him while below, upon the rocks he could see the Drowess bravely standing against the other. He could not leave her to face two nightmares and her own brethren alone, best to die with company. The Phaerie took the rope in his gloved hand and looked up to the light, perhaps for the last time and leapt back down into the frey, his gleaming sword-staff in hand. He held fast to the rope, drawing it taught as he landed beside, Jin and thrust the shaft of his weapon near her, still hoping that they might be pulled from this dark hell.

The Dryder's were poised to strike and even if they could hold out against them the room was near collapse, this the Phaerie was sure and in the midst of it all he turned to the Drowess and smiled.

"Perhaps they will write a song about us."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:07 am

As the chamber began crumbling in around her, Jin watched as Tiphereth hoisted Augustine up the rope Lac had provided just in the nick of time. There was a sense of satisfaction that enveloped her knowing the Druid was safe and what ever happened now was between her and what ever fate gave her.

Hearing the sound close to her, Jin turned to see the Dryders clear the last of the obstacles in their way and move towards her. She was afraid. Very afraid, but she dared not show such emotion. It would only mean she would give them and their master the satisfaction they all wanted and Jin was not about to do that.

With no where to move to, Jin had to stay where she was and as the Dryder’s closed in close to her, she was certain her death was upon her – again. But when the large, craggy piece of ceiling knocked the one Dryder aside, she thought perhaps she would have a chance. Even as she saw the Dryder eyeing her as the black venom dripped from his mandibles.

Magic was basically of no use against them, they were physically superior and their strength was unlike anything else she had come across. Her only option was to flee, and she was just getting ready to do so when Tiphereth appeared beside her. Even as frightened as he was, he did his best to hold off the Dryder.

As the Pharie smiled at her, Jin couldn’t help but smile back but instead of turning to face the Dryder, she turned and wrapped her arms around Tiphereth’s neck and whispered in his ear.

”Only how we cheated death, my Pharie kin brother. Hold tight to that rope for we are about to be lifted up, out of our would be tomb.”

Jin remembered what magic did to Tiphereth when it was used directly upon him, but, when she turned to look at him when he dropped down beside her, she saw he still held the rope Lac had supplied. And knowing her Ranger the way she did, it was no ordinary rope. Remembering Lac’s language well, she spoke only one word in that sing song like language and the rope began to quickly retract bringing Tiphereth and Jin with it as Tiphereth held tight to the end. Jin quickly cast a spell then to make herself as light as a feather so her slight weight would not be detrimental to Tiphereth. As Tiphereth was lifted off the surface of the chamber floor, Jin pulled herself as close to him as she could making them appear as one being and a more difficult target for cross bows.

Last edited by RPMistress on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 am

When the Half-Orc’s appeared, Jalisa looked like a frightened kitten. Her eyes grew wide, her face turned rather pale and she swallowed hard.

”OH! Who invited them to the party?”

She took a few steps back and eyed the others to see what they were doing. Lac was trying his hardest to maintain his hold on the rope, the Dwarf was engaging the Half Orcs, the woman was doing both helping Lac and the Dwarf as best she could.

Seeing the other members of the party were occupied, Jalisa looked back at the Half-Orcs, smiled devilishly, raised her hand and beckoned them to follow her just before she turned and ran away from the others, making sure she lured them a little further into the woods, away from prying eyes. The Half-Orcs followed, of course, thinking she was going to be quite the easy prey to dispose of.

The joke was on them, of course, when they found themselves face to face with something that was anything BUT a defenseless young woman. Of course it didn’t take long for the Half-Orcs to realize they were the on the other end of the equation now but before they could raise a word of warning, they were silenced forever.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 am

Lac 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Battle10 felt the rope beging to contract, braced himself and began pulling on the rope. As Tiphereth's heads appeared at the top of the crumbling chimmney, he gave a final tug in the Elven rope, lifting him over the edge of the chimmney and on to the ground. Standing he dropped the rope on the ground, leaned over the edge and shouted ...... "Galol belartcuraekar taeoth tarhiemeld astriboryorsaysat athanirdil tinhureth wilosraelirday othfar sathirastradayonwel yaothuthae falossauthaylon currenestarthtaruthuruneldasir olfay dilanrenkeyneleldsirsir. Yorothuthu satahalarthalirlae nelostil panarthsarstar istanaetirol tinhineva lisithglinhiemtae " (TRANSLATION: Go back to the abyss and the world of shadow you foul creatures of darkness. You shall not pass into the light.) As he spoke these words and stepped back from the edge. a groan came from the forest and several large limbs of the overhanging trees fell upon the chimmney opening sealing it shut. It was then that Lac noticed that Tiphereth had someone wrapped around him. Lac looked in bisbelief, unable to convince his brain what his eyes beheld. How could this be? he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: NIFLHEIM - Archive of Forgotten Halls :: The Abyss :: The Plains of Gladsheim :: Archives of Gladsheim-
Jump to: