Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Hall of Heroes - OOC

Go down 
+4
RPMistress
Tiphereth
Admin
Vaudeville
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Hall of Heroes - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 pm

A place for OOC Chat.

For instance, I will say: LOOK at the EMOTICONS!! They have a PIG! That's perrrrfect... mua ha ha haaa. I know I'm gonna get some use out of that in this story.

ALRICK: pig

He's so cuuuuute.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Okay, I posted a Digest Version of the story so far. If there's something I should add, please let me know and I will edit it accordingly.

Also, I think I will post my most major Alrick posts for memories, in that thread. Namely his background story, but I might put up the spellcasting scene, cause I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:57 am

I'll fix my post, whoops Smile everything did look great until I muddle it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bifrost-bridge.com
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:06 am

What did you muddle up? What needs fixing?

I don't understand! You didn't post anything here, did you?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:34 am

I guess I deleted the posting before you saw it... sneaky, sneaky.

No, everything looks awesome here.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:43 am

Okay, let's talk about a new snazzy blurb to make this thread sound cooler from the outside. How about something like...

"A dark power has reawakened after silent aeons and threatens this world of magic and legend. Fate has gathered a group of unlikely companions, but is it their destiny to forge an Age of Enlightenment, or witness their world's descent into evil?"
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:13 am

Nice, I like it. I'll add it right now.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:26 pm

Right on, SHAPE is here!

I always wanted to meet you! Glad you have the time now to enjoy some writing!

Tiphereth (the character) seems to like hanging out with the wolves a little more than the others right now and he can speak with animals. He can hear their thoughts (which are obviously more metaphorical and based on images) and can speak a language called Enddren that Shape will be able to understand.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Ha hA! A dwarf is EXACTLY what we needed! I'm so THRILLED!!!

Welcome aboard, Krakyn! Should be lots of fun.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:24 pm

For some reason, I knew you'd be all giddy about the addition of a dwarf, A.

ROTFL

I'm glad we're getting another player. Not that we aren't all gelling like felons together, but you know me, the more the merrier.

rubs hands together

In the words of Pink, "Let's get this party started"
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Awesome Krakyn! Beldegir, rocks!

Yeah, we needed a Dwarf to balance the mix.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:17 pm

Vaudeville wrote:
A place for OOC Chat.

For instance, I will say: LOOK at the EMOTICONS!! They have a PIG! That's perrrrfect... mua ha ha haaa. I know I'm gonna get some use out of that in this story.

ALRICK: pig

He's so cuuuuute.

I've been reading this sine you posted it, Amanda, and I have to say.....

lol!

elephant
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:24 pm

Hee hee hee! I live to entertain. Hence my name.

Well! Hopefully I will be posting later today. That's my plan, anyway. Here, and in a few other stories, if all goes according to plan.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:26 pm

And entertain us you do, my dear.

LOL

Take your time, A. We know you're crazy busy with RL projects.

afro
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Noooooo! Not the mines! Anything but the mines!
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:07 pm

We shall see what we shall see Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Be affraid very affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Okay, so Orcs do not move about in the day. The sunlight pains them. Are we following the normals traits according to LOTR or Dungeons and Dragons?

It's early morning yet, so they can move about unhindered, but as the sun comes up over the horizon, they'll be pretty easy to fight.

There would have to a really good reason for Orcs to come out in the day.

------edit------

Oh that's right. The Movie had them out in the day. According to the books they didn't attack in broad daylight.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm

I was thinking along those same lines, Tiph, however, with the snow falling and the Orcs traveling through the mountain pass to sneak up on the band of travelers, the direct sunlight wouldn't affect them as much as it would if it were a clear, sunny day.

I do suspect they will be hindered a little by the brightness of day but again, with it being cloudy and increasing snow falling they wound't be as affected by it as they normally are.

That was the way I was basing things, anyway.

The movies messed us all up on our concept of Orcs....LOL
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:57 pm

I should explained it better. But Tiphereth can warp time around himself, it enable him to move lightning fast, but fighting time requires great strength and focus and cannot be sustained for very long. When the arrows approached him, onlookers would have witnessed him moving impossibly fast then crouching down at normal speed with arrows in his hands.

He can use the ability at brief intervals, but it takes its toll. Moving out of time would feel like moving through wet cement that was quickly drying.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Ah....Got it....I'll adjust me post right away!
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:43 pm

I too was confused by the time warp thing and I had just finished a book entitled "ORCS" by Stan Nicholls, where Orc were not hindered moving about in the day. Shall we all agree then that Orc are effrected by daylight, but are capable of moving about in subdued light? (IE: Predawn, twighlight, cloudy days ect.) Which would make sense in as much as the DARK LORD caused the sky to be obsured by clouds to faciliate their movements. However the Uruk-hai were able to travel freely in sunlight.
Thoughts?

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Wed May 13, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Oh yes. I've always thought that they would be able to move about in the wee hours of dawn and emerge at dusk.

The Uruk'hai in the Lord of the Rings were special because they could move about in the day, while Orcs could not. We should also agree upon the fact that Goblins completely shun light, which is why they prefer subterranean lairs.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:55 pm

I completely agree with that one....

nasty bastages they be....
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:56 pm

I agree. I will adjust my post regarding time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Heroes - OOC
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next