Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Empty
PostSubject: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation ErebusBanner

Erebus looked at Aurora and was about to answer her when a teeth rattling impact came across his left cheek and sent him backwards into the wall. He saw stars and could only hear the door opening and closing, and then a second time. When he blinked and got his sight back only Lexy and Elizabeth were left in the room.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation ElizabethBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation LexyBanner

Lexy looked straight at Erebus, and Elizabeth stepped forward slightly looking at his cheek, “She walloped ya good aye?”

Erebus looked out the window at her retreating from the house and turned back to Elizabeth, “I suppose I deserve th…”

“What do you want?”

Lexy had stepped forward now, between Elizabeth and Erebus, staring right at him, “Why have you come? Why did you deceive her?”

Erebus brought his hands up and spoke, “I assure you, there is a good reason. To answer your question, I have come to help you, if I don’t my brother and niece will cause much more damage than they already have.”

Elizabeth furrowed her brow, “Already have?”

Erebus looked at her, a genuine look of surprise on his face, “You… you have not heard?”

“Heard WHAT?” Lexy’s feisty attitude was beginning to surface as she moved aggressively close.

Erebus turned and looked at the television on their wall, “Turn it on.”

Elizabeth looked at Lexy and then to Erebus before walking around the couch and grabbing the remote. Clicking on the screen she gasped and covered her mouth as images from the Japanese coast immediately came up on the BBC news the bright red bar containing the headline at the bottom of the screen read, “Nanao drops into ocean after massive earthquake, 80,000 presumed dead.”

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation EanBanner

Ean followed Aurora to the small patch of trees and walked up to her, looking into her eyes as she asked her questions, “I do’n know lass, and I understand this has come as a shock for ya, but running off like this, we could be getting the answers from him if we wer’na…”

He sighed and stopped himself, realizing she was much more emotional than him, and Erebus had put her through a lot more than he had felt in this whole situation. He grabbed her and pulled her in tightly, holding her until she calmed down. When her breathing settled he pushed away enough to look at her face and smiled, “He is no a ghost, I think your punch proved that aye?” he smiled and winked, “I have no idea how or why he is alive, or here, but I think we should find out.”

Suddenly Lexy’s voice broke over the quiet of the day, she was screaming from the porch, “EAN! RORA!! COME QUICK!”

In a flash Ean ran with Aurora, hand in hand. A Druid in the house and Lexy screaming, he was to say the least, ready to pummel the man to death before he had a chance to explain anything. As he and Aurora burst into the door, Ean’s fists were up, ready to fight. When he saw the television screen he froze and whispered, “Oh my God.”

The images were horrific, the landscape was a massive scar, the earth had been literally torn apart and the entire city pulled into the ocean. After a minute Ean turned to Erebus and spoke through a growl, “Who did this?”

Erebus’ head dropped slightly and he spoke, “My brother Algenon and my Niece.”

Ean stepped forward aggressively and Elizabeth spoke, “EAN.” He stopped and released his fists back to fingers as he spoke to Erebus, “I believe you have some explaining to do aye?”

Erebus looked up at him and his face was pale, “I would not have come if my intentions were anything otherwise.” He looked at Aurora and spoke, “First I need to apologize to you. When you shattered my stone, I did die… in a manner. My body went into a stasis, the pull of magic that came through me put me into a coma, and I went as stiff as if dead. I don’t know much to be honest, but I know the condition enough to assume what happened…”

“The nimiety.”

Erebus turned and looked at Elizabeth, his face quiet and pale, “Yes, you would know of it as well.”

She looked at him and spoke, “I have never experienced it, but as a magic user I have been taught about it.”

“Of course.”

“Most who experience a nimiety die.”

Erebus nodded and spoke, “Yes, I was lucky. I think what saved me is that I was not actually casting when it happened, the magic was pulled through me when Aurora shattered the stone, but because I was not attempting to channel any magic the affects were dampened.”

“Well lucky for you.” Everyone looked at Ean as he made his quip. He pointed at the television, “So what of that?”

“Erebus inhaled deeply and spoke, “I tried to warn you Aurora, I tried. My niece is insane, and she wanted me to help her with this plan, but I couldn’t, I could not. I don’t know why, but something inside me… I …”

His eyes welled up and a single tear rolled off his cheek, he wiped it away with his sleeve and looked up at the group, “I have seen and caused so much death in my lifetime, but it is wrong, I was wrong… there is no cause to believe me, I understand, I tried to tell Aurora, I tried to explain… “

Lexy, the ever compassionate, leaned forward and handed Erebus a tissue, then left to the kitchen. Elizabeth followed her with her gaze and then turned to Erebus, “Some statements are not enough, you HAVE to understand, we can not just trust your words.”

Erebus looked at her and then to Aurora, “The butterfly, do you remember the butterfly in my garden?”

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation SionnBanner

Kimiko shuttered as her body rocked in anguish. Torri sat beside her brother who had roused and was looking at the destruction all around them. He rolled onto his back and looked over at the massive Norseman who was already on his feet, leaning on his axe and staring out at the destruction.

“Bloody hell.”

He looked at Torri who was reaching over and rubbing some of the blood from his forehead, “Sionn, they leveled an entire city.”

Sionn nodded and she continued, “We could no stop them.”

He inhaled deeply and got to his knees. Reaching over he took Torri’s hand and squeezed, “We need to call Da’ and Mum to tell them we are alright.”

She nodded and they helped each other stand. Torri reached into her pocket and pulled out the pieces of her sat phone. Throwing them to the ground she sighed and furrowed her brow. Sionn reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, clicking it on he handed it to her, but this was not a time for smiles, “Here T.”

She took the phone and pushed her hand though her hair as she dialed and walked a short distance off to make the call. Sionn turned and saw Lilly sitting on the ground, he helped her to her feet and hugged her tightly, “Are you alright lass?”

He looked her over, besides some bruises and bumps she looked to be in one piece.

The Punkie was standing, staring at the coastline and the woman he was with shouted her question. Sionn walked over to her, his long red hair flowing in the sea breeze and handsome face covered in mud an drying blood, “Druids happened lass.”

He sensed nothing about her that made her among the races, as they who were not human were known, however the wee man, he could feel it as thick as fog, “Sionn McGhee, Stormborn.” He extended his hand to the man in friendship.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation The_li10Lilly held her whimper of pain at bay that Sionn's hug caused her, not wanting to let on just how much she did hurt nor that her wounds were open again.  She was just glad to see him up and about.  When he walked over to the woman and short man, she turned away to hide her grimace of pain.  She was also still reeling from the transportation spell and that was when she knelt by Kimiko, helping her roll over so that her face wasn't in the dirt.  She smiled sadly at her then sat down next to her.

It was then that the woman yelled and she saw Sionn walk over towards her, her once ice blue eyes now a deep blue of sadness over the loss of massive life.  She felt as if they'd failed at something but how could anyone fight against such powerful beings?  She had heard Torri's words to Sionn about how they couldn't not stop them and knew that all of them had done what they could and yet it wasn't enough.  

Turning her gaze to the short man and the blonde, she briefly looked at the big Norseman deciding that he must be okay for Kimiko to have included him in the spell when she saw Sionn extend his hand out to the smaller man.  She cocked her head to one side, hearing him introduce himself as Stormborn and wondered why he would delve such information to the other man.  She could 'feel' something coming off the shorter man but didn't know what, only that he must be like them.  The blonde, on the other hand, was annoying the crap out of her as she bit her tongue to keep from telling just how she felt about her being there to begin with let alone her mouth and what was coming out of it.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Indian10

Aurora felt Ean's arms surround her as her small body shook with the intensity of the emotions she was feeling.  Once she was calmer she looked up into his loving eyes and listened when Lizzy yelled out to them.  She never let go of Ean's hand as they ran together back to the house only to stop upon seeing the television and what it revealed.  She heard Erebus' words about his brother and niece and turned dark, stricken eyes to him.  Upon his words of him trying to warn her she felt the guilt take hold again, shaking her head.  Was she losing herself?  Was the guilt going to consume her?  She was beginning to feel like it and Erebus' words made it even worse.  

At his words about the butterfly, she nodded but her face was as if made of stone as she tried to bury the guilt deeper than before.  Her eyes were losing that spark that she'd once had and Beau whined at what he felt coming from her, his amber eyes watching her.  He knew of the sleep she'd been losing over the past few weeks, knew of the deep guilt she'd felt and was still feeling.  Even one as strong in nature as she was could only take so much as she'd taken in since she'd left her mountain home.  

"The butterfly went from me to you, Erebus.  Willingly, on it's own, knowing that you would never cause it harm", she whispered in a monotone voice.  "I cannot take anymore.  I am going to go lie down". With that said she left them all and stumbled her way up the stairs to her room.  She opened the window and set Eryn free then forced Beau to leave her room as he'd followed her.  He sat outside her door and began to howl.  She was locking him out physically and mentally.  Eryn even circled the house, crying out to her charge.

She lay down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling and a single tear slid out of the corner of her eye.  She could take no more.  All the shocks since she'd left her mountain home, finding out about all the magicks, finding out about everything her mother had not prepared her for, the battle with the goblins and the deaths of all of the creatures when she'd called to them,  Arawela's constant threats, breaking Sionn's heart, the intense guilt that had filled her heart, the lack of sleep, Erebus showing up from the dead, the destruction of the city from such powerful evil and then Erebus' words about trying to warn her.  All of this tumbled around in her mind as she lay there staring at the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Eba0k1

“Druids…?” Carla repeated after Sionn. It seemed like a random thing to say to her.

For a moment she thought Sionn was approaching her, which made her crack a weak smile, but soon enough she realized Kain was the recipient of his attention. She looked down at him and still saw little change. He was just staring at the ocean.

Druids…
The word caught Kain’s attention and drew him away from the barrage of memories.
Druids…?
There it was again.
Then when the hand appeared in front of him, he couldn’t help but blink and finally moved to look at the man.
Sionn McGhee. Stormborn.
It took Kain a moment to react, his mind had only just freed itself from his memories and he needed a moment to compose himself.

“Carla, please.” He said as he freed himself from her embrace.

The blonde gingerly righted herself and took a step back. She looked at the others for a moment and caught a glimpse of what looked like glare from one of the girls and quickly turned back to Sionn and Kain.

Kain accepted Sionn’s hand; “Kain Wattson…” He said and paused, looking up at Carla and then back to Sionn. “… Nice to meet you.” He eventually said, refraining from divulging much more.

Sionn seemed friendly enough, and his companions had saved his life, but he had been taught caution for one, and Carla was there as well. His life story would have to wait.

“This is Carla.” He then continued, “She’s, uh… She’s…”

“I’m his driver.” Carla said to help Kain out.

Kain nearly laughed out loud, but managed to keep his composure. Thousands of people had just died, after all, and they had nearly been among them.

“We seem to have come across you all just at the right moment, you have our thanks.” Kain said as he turned to the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:28 pm

The siblings watched as Aurora excused herself and Erebus let his eyes linger no her back until she was no longer visible. He turned his eyes back to Ean and Elizabeth as Lexy came from the kitchen with hot tea and cakes.

Erebus watched her and Elizabeth broke the silence, “An insect does not prove your innocence Erebus.”

Erebus looked over at Elizabeth and exhaled knowingly. With a nod he spoke, “Frankly I was hoping she would go into more detail than that, however I can also respect the fact that my showing up so unexpectedly has rattled her.

Ean exhaled a puff of air and spoke, “To say the least.”

Erebus looked up and nodded, “I suppose I deserve that.”

“And a whole lot more.” Erebus looked at Ean again, but said nothing. Lexy sat and poured tea for the four of them, leaving a fifth cup empty but ready for if Aurora returned. She looked at Erebus as she sipped her tea and then spoke, “One question does remain Erebus,” he turned and looked at her and she continued, “Why wait until now to tell us? Why wait until the first act was committed?”

Erebus nodded and spoke, “Of course that question needs to be asked as much as it is expected. I could not allow my brother and his daughter to know that I had awoken, I had to stick close to the mansion, and closer still to the place they had laid me in state. It is a desecration to move a body in stasis, because I was not completely dead, but expected to die, they were allowing nature to take its course. That is the way of Druids when death calls, we do not intervene on behalf of our own.”

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow and he nodded, “An irony I know, Druids are known for a complete disregard for life, but when it come to our own the rules change.”

He exhaled softly before continuing, “I could not allow them to know that I was awake, they would have asked me to go along with their plan, if I refused, they would kill me. Again, a great irony I know.”

Ean rubbed his beard as he thought and Erebus continued, “As soon as they left I got ready and departed, I visited the McGhee manor first, but it was leveled, completely destroyed, and the signature of my nieces magic was thick in the air. Then I heard of the attack in New York and figured this was the next best place to come… however I did not know where ‘here’ was as I have never visited your home, nor was I invited.” He looked at them, hoping they got the humor in it, they did not. He cleared his throat and continued, “Once I finally located you I came as soon as I possibly could, I assure you I hoped to find you and speak to you before the attack in Japan, I assure you I wanted to avoid this tragedy, I wanted to stop them… unfortunately I was too late.”

He hung his head low, his eyes stared at the floor. Suddenly tears began to fall and hit the hard wood and his shoulders rocked gently.

Sionn looked at the Punkie and with a soft nod he spoke, “It is a pleasure to meet you Kain.”

He left it at that for now, the circumstances dictated discretion, and he had picked up on Kain’s hesitation to expose any more details about himself. He didn’t know why, in fact he didn’t need to know why, but he did know that Punkie’s could not be half breed, they either were part of a house or they were not, and the details would be revealed when appropriate.

He turned and walked over to Kimiko, kneeling down in the mud beside her and putting his arm around her shoulders. She looked over at him and spoke, “If it was not enough that they took my brother, they took the whole town.”

Sionn could not think of words to say, he simply knelt beside her, his arm over her shoulder, and remained silent.

Finally, Kimiko stood and gestured to Lilly, “Come here girl.”

Lilly gave her a look but Kimiko was clearly not in a mood for antics, “Come.”

Her voice was forceful but soft enough to show she had no ill intent. As Lilly approached Kimiko reached into a pouch on her hip and removed a vile of ointment. She dipped her finger into the vile and removed a large glob, smearing it over the would in Lilly’s side. The young Irish woman winced and she nodded, her voice suddenly soft, “I know it hurts, I know.”

She hissed words of magic and placed her hand over the wound. As the magic flowed from her the ointment grew warm and seeped into the flesh, healing the wound in Lilly’s side. Kimiko turned to Sionn and spoke, “You need to be more mindful of those you lead, when the are injured you should take notice.”

Sionn looked at her and then to Lilly, speaking softly, “I’m sorry.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Indian10Aurora didn't know how long she lay there but she knew it was at least over an hour or more.  Normally she felt Beau and Eryn's presence in her mind but she'd blocked them out.  Finally, she rose from the bed her face wet with the tears she'd let fall silently.  Walking over to the closed window she saw Eryn flying in circles and her heart cried out for her but she kept her mind closed.  Turning, she walked over to the closet and opened it, retrieving the bow and quiver of arrows.  She then took the ceremonial dress from the closet and very gently and neatly folded it and put it into a small backpack.  Turning, holding her possessions, she left her room and headed down the stairs.  She stopped just at the bottom of the stairs, looking at all of them sitting in the living room, her face void of all emotion as they turned to look at her.  Beau had followed her and cast a worried look to Ean then back to Aurora.  

Her dark eyes landed on Erebus and when she spoke it was still in a monotone voice with no emotion.

"I am sorry for what I did to you.  You treated me with nothing but kindness and compassion when Arawela took me to your home and you did try to warn me.  I listened and I heard you but I didn't realize that such pure evil did exist in the world."  She stood there, still holding her artifacts.  "But at the same time, no one would listen to me when I tried to tell them that Arawela isn't working for your faction.  She has her own agenda, but I was the one who sped it up.  I tried to warn Sionn and Torri but I was nothing more than a naive girl, according to Torri and I now believe perhaps Sionn as well."  The whole time she spoke, she was looking at Erebus but it was clear she was speaking to everyone and never once did any emotion show on her usually expressive face.  

She looked at her artifacts, walking over to the coffee table  where she set them all down in the center of their cups.  She then looked up at Ean and her eyes filled with love but that was the only emotion that showed.  She needed him so badly at that time but she didn't know how to tell him.  Instead, she was blocking everything and everyone out.  She turned then, heading back up stairs without another word and went back to her room, closing the door and locking it.

Beau looked over at Erebus and growled low in his throat at him then turned to Ean, growling at him before turning to head up the stairs and lay in front of her door.  Something was going on with his charge, something was wrong and he didn't know what to do with her shutting him out the way she was.  He lay there, lifting his head and gave a long, mournful howl.  For the first time, Beau found himself angry at Aurora's mother for keeping her so secluded and out of the loop.  Her need to protect her daughter had ended up causing more damage than it had helped.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation The_li10
Lilly gasped at the sharp pain when Kimiko healed the wound in her side, only to turn ice blue eyes onto her at her scolding of Sionn.

"Do'n ye be scolding Sionn, Kimiko!  I be a fly in a mess of things.  He had more to worry aboot than just me.  He has nothing to be sorry for!"  

She stood up then, and walked away from Kimiko and Sionn, feeling the pull of her other wound from her own blade on her back but kept quiet.  She wouldn't trouble either one of them for what she felt was trivial, there were more important matters to deal with.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Erebus kept his eyes locked on Aurora as she spoke, her words only made partial sense to him, did she really think he hadn’t heard her? How was it she did not understand what he had said and made this all about her? Was she really that self absorbed?

He watched as she lay the artifacts on the table and leaned back slightly when the wolf growled at him, but it surprised him even more when the wolf then turned to Ean and growled at him as well.

As she walked away Erebus looked at the three siblings and sighed heavily, feeling that the whole purpose of his coming was lost, “I… if she doesn’t want to listen there is little I can do, I never expected that this is how she would react.” He looked up at Ean and spoke again, “If you need me I am staying at the Silver Thistle.”

Ean nodded softly and Erebus left, never even giving the artifacts a second glance. As the door closed Ean turned to Elizabeth who was quiet and deep in thought, Lexy however, was clearly unhappy. She looked up the stairs and then to Ean, “After all you have done, after all we have done she still thinks only of herself.”

Ean sat and looked at Lexy, Elizabeth spoke up first however, “Go easy on her Lexy, she has been through a lot, and she did no have the benefit of growing up knowing she was one of the Races.”

Lexy picked up the tea pot and slammed the fifth, empty cup on the try, the fiery side of her coming out as she picked up the tray, “Perhaps, but that does no give her the right to just bow out and ignore us in the middle of a crisis. Look how many people died on that tele! Are you telling me that sulking in y’er room because someone did no listen to you is an appropriate reaction to that?”

Ean was clearly frustrated with Lexy’s words and looked to be about to say something but Lexy turned and pointed at him, “Do’na say a word, I know she’s your lass, and you too clearly love one another, but she crossed the line, this passive aggressive shite is too much. You may be the head of us as siblings, but as the youngest of the siblings this is MY house, and she has no right to treat you, or you, or me like that. I could give a rats arse about Erebus, until he proves himself he is just another Druid to me, but if she continues to act like this anytime there is some adverse situation …”

She stopped and turned, clearly not wanting to finish her sentence. She stopped halfway to the kitchen and turned around, “As for that beastie of hers, so help my God Ean if it growls at any of us once more it can sleep in the barn, I don’a care if it is a spirit creature, after all the love and devotion you have shown her, that we have ALL shown her, the animal has NO right to act that way in MY HOME!”

She stormed into the kitchen and the dishes shattered as she threw them into the sink. Ean turned and looked at Elizabeth as the both heard the back door slam shut. Ean was about to stand when Elizabeth touched his arm, “Let her be brother, let them both be, in the morning perhaps cooler heads will be about and we will let them prevail.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Indian10Aurora heard Lexy's tirade as she stood at her window, watching Erebus leave. She wasn't trying to be self centered, she truly wasn't. And she wasn't trying to 'bow out' or ignore anyone. She was trying to come to grips with much more than just Erebus showing up at the door alive and well. She hadn't had the support system Lexy had had growing up. All she had was her mother and when needed, Harold. She'd had Beau and Eryn but they were her guides and even though she loved them dearly they'd come later in her life after the time had passed that her mother should have been preparing her for what was out here. She rubbed at her arm where she'd been burned all those months ago upon her first encounter with a druid and closed her eyes. So much had happened since then and Erebus showing up was just the icing on the cake. She wanted so badly to go downstairs and talk to Lexy but she wasn't sure what to say, if anything she was afraid that she would just make it worse. Again, she looked at the small group of trees just fifty yards from the house and felt the pull to take a walk.

Leaving her room, she walked silently down the stairs and headed straight to the kitchen, knowing that she needed to fix this, not realizing that it was probably best to wait til morning.

"Lexy.....I am sorry. I can't explain what is going on with me but please believe me when I say that I am not trying to bow out of anything." When Lexy turned to say something, Aurora held up her hand and smiled gently at her, "You are so lucky to have the family you have, the support system that you have and the liberty to grow up knowing who and what you are. I am so lucky to have met you, Lizzy and especially Ean."

She wanted to say so much more but she wasn't sure how so she kept quiet. She wanted to tell her that it was so much more than others not hearing her, but again she wasn't sure how to approach the subject so she kept quiet. Instead, she turned and left the kitchen, stopping long enough at the living room to apologize to Lizzy and Ean. As she reached the front door, Beau came up beside her and was going to go out with her but she stopped him. "No, my friend. Stay here. Eryn is out there, she will alert you and the others if needed." She quietly walked out the door and made her way to the trees, feeling the wind pick up and looked up in the sky to see the clouds moving in. She'd smelled rain in the air earlier and now it was coming.

Once she was about thirty feet within the trees, she picked a large tree and sat down at the base of it's trunk. She smiled when first one squirrel, then another and then another came to her, sitting on her lap. Soon a rabbit appeared and then a beautiful, small doe.

"I didn't think any of you would have anything to do with me after what had happened. Thank you for forgiving me, my friends. Never will I make the mistake I made again. Never will I put any of you in jeopardy like that again."

As she spoke, she stroked the squirrels, then the rabbits and finally the doe when she saw a family of Scottish polecats come out. Naturally, the rabbits ran and hid and the squirrels ran up the trees, the only one to stay was the doe. The female polecat was the first to check her out, sniffing her all over and Aurora sat quietly as she did so. Once she decided that this human was okay she made a 'dooking' sound to her pups, calling them over and Aurora soon became a playground for them. It wasn't long before they brought a laugh from her lips, lifting her spirits somewhat and for awhile, making her forget everything and just enjoy life and nature, reminding her of where she came from. Reminding her who she was. But even as she played with them, Ean was forever on her mind and her love for him nestled within her heart.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:24 am

~“She is still new to all this Lexy, you need to extend her some patience”~

“Whisht.”

~“That temper of yours is going to get in your way someday, and I am not the one who originally told you that.”~

Lexy turned and looked at Whipsy who chottled while she stood on the perch near that back window. Lexy stared at her a moment and then out to across the lush grass.

~“You didn’t say a word to her when she apologized.”~

“That’s because I am angry.”

~“Exactly my point.”

Lexy looked at Whipsy, her brows furrowed now, “Listen, I know you are to guide me, to help me, but I will no apologize for having feelings when I see something injust. It is one thing the she is still adjusting, but it is another that she keeps walking away when anyone tries to talk to her.”

~“Understandable, you have never had patience for passive aggressive behavior, but remember you’re full of faults too.”~

Lexy looked up at Whipsy again and sighed, “Fine… fine, you are right, but I will certainly throw that beast out into the barn if’n he growls at anyone in this house again.”

~“Beau certainly does have an air of over protection and judgmental reaction instead of responding appropriately, but again, none of us are perfect. Eryn is quite level headed, I am sure they were both selected for specific reasons.”~

Lexy glanced at Whipsy, “Still does no matter, that beastie will no be welcomed in my home if’n he growls at one more member of my family, I do no care what they did to cause it, and I will no back down from that.”

Whipsy chirped and turned her head as Elizabeth came into the kitchen. She looked at Lexy as her younger sister finished cleaning up the broken shards from the tea set, “That was a nice tea set you broke.”

“Aye.”

“How are you feeling now?”

Lexy stopped and looked up at Elizabeth, “I don’t know Lizzy, maybe… hurt, a little confused. I gave her a key to this house her very first day, I told her it was not a prison, that she could come and go as she pleased, that we were no just her friends, that we were her family… but…” She sighed heavily and her eyes welled up, “I do no like disruption in our home Lizzy, it would no matter who did it.”

Lizzy walked over and hugged her baby sister, “I know lass, I know.”

Lexy held Lizzy tightly, crying softly a moment before realizing. She stepped back and spoke, “I need to finish cleaning this up.”

Lizzy stepped forward, “Let me help you.”

Lexy shook her head, “No sister, no, you go study, I will make some fresh tea and bring it to you.”

Lizzy smiled and rubbed Whipsy’s neck gently before going back to the living room, she didn’t see Beau. Grabbing her thin blanket she sat in her favorite chair and wrapped herself up, pulling her spell book from her sweater and began to read. She occasionally glanced up and looked at the tele to see if any new headlines were coming out of Japan.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Indian10It was growing dark. Aurora watched as the polecats left her to head to their burrow along with the doe. She sat there for awhile longer, thinking about everything but mostly about how she was acting. Lexy was right. She needed to make some changes regarding herself and she needed to make them now. She stood up, taking a deep breath before heading back to the house.

By the time she'd reached the house it was completely dark and she walked inside, seeing Lexy, Lizzy and Ean all sitting in the living room. She didn't know what to say to them other than what she'd already said when she'd apologized to them. She stood there, feeling the rift between her and them, a rift she knew she'd put there.

"Before I head to bed I want to say that I am deeply sorry for the way I've been acting the past few days. Mainly today." She turned to Lexy, "You are so right about me, Lexy. Everything you said while I was upstairs was right. It is about to change. I'm not sure how, but it will change." She turned to Ean, "You have been a rock for me to lean on only I ran instead of leaning on you. I didn't want to appear weak to you by leaning on you so I ran. I will try harder to not run, instead I will work on coming to you and talking to you." She then turned to Lizzy, "Your quiet strength would have guided me if I'd listened but instead I didn't. Instead, I focused on everything that has happened to me since I left my home. No more." She then looked at Ean again, "I am clearly not an easy person to love, Ean and for that I am sorry. I guess I am so used to being alone that when things got to be too much I ran, ran to be alone. When instead I should have come to you. Seeing what Arawela and her father did to all those people also affected me. It terrified me, Ean. You and your sisters have trained your whole lives for things like this." She shook her head, wringing her hands in nervousness. It was hard for her to stand there and admit that she'd been wrong in so many things, but mostly wrong in being alone, in running. "I want to train harder. I don't care if I still hurt the next day, I want to train just as hard every day no matter what."

She then took a deep breath and looked down at the floor, clearly what she was about to say was difficult, "Erebus is a good man, regardless of him being druid. My father was a druid and yet I remember a little of him and all of it was good and loving. Please believe me when I say this." She looked up then, her dark eyes shining with unshed tears, "Erebus is not like his brother and niece. He is the total opposite. I know this", she laid a hand on her chest over her heart, "in here and in here", she said then touching her temple. "But I am beginning to understand why you don't feel as I do. If the only druids you have ever dealt with are like Arawela and her father then you have no reason to feel as I do."

She turned her gaze to Ean once more, "I've said my peace and now I will ask something of you, Ean. Forgive me if I am so out of place to ask this and please tell me if it's wrong." She took another deep breath, walking over to where he was sitting and looking down at him, her face vulnerable, showing how hard this was for her, "I need you, Ean. I need your comfort, your arms around me tonight. If you don't wish to give it after the way I've acted, I understand." She was coming to him with what she needed instead of running. Trying to lean on him only she was careful for she didn't want to lean on him too much. She had to learn to stand on her own as well while accepting the fact that she was no longer alone. She had a family now to whom she could turn to when she needed them or when she had a problem or when she just needed someone to talk to. No more running. No more hiding. It was time to find the strength she knew she had within her. She stood there, waiting for Ean's reply, scared that he would reject her and yet knowing that she deserved nothing less.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:26 pm

The siblings listened as Aurora spoke and Lizzy was the first to stand. She walked over and hugged Aurora tightly, "We all have bad days lass, you are part of this family, and family forgives when there are bad days."

As Lizzy stepped back Ean was in line right behind her. He grabbed Aurora in a tight hug and held her with the security and protection only a man in love could provide. He didn't let her go for a long time, but when he did she would see the love in his eyes, "As Lizzy said, we have bad days. As for your training, we can only go so fast as our bodies allow, we could do more harm than good by pushing too hard, that's a law of nature we can't fight."

He smiled and looked deep into her eyes, "We can talk more about that later."

He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned, Lexy's small frame was dwarfed by her older brothers. As he moved she looked at Aurora and smiled, "You are forgiven."

She stepped in and hugged Aurora tightly, then stepped back and her voice grew a little more serious, "But I am serious about Beau, he will be locked out of my home if he keeps growling at us, I do not appreciate it, especially given all that Ean has done, what he did last night was no called for and he has done it too many times for my comfort."

She inhaled deeply and looked at all three of them, "Now, if you will excuse me, today was a wee bit much and I need a hot bath and a good rest."

She looked at Ean and spoke, "Can you handle breakfast in the morning?"

Lizzy stepped forward, "No, I will do it."

Lexy turned and looked, her smile was genuine but unsure, "You?"

"Aye! Why not me?"

Lexy looked at Ean and then to Lizzy, "Because every time you have tried to even boil water you destroyed ma' kitchen? Remember the pine nuts? We almost lost the whole cottage."

Lizzy stomped her foot and spoke, "That was an accident!!"

Lexy raised an eyebrow and spoke, "Alright, I will give you another chance."

Lizzy huffed and spoke, her voice was playful, "Well thank you Mistress of the Manor."

Lexy, unfazed and playing right along leaned up and kissed her sister on the nose, "You are welcome."

Lizzy swatted at her as she easily dodged, stuck out her tongue and practically sprinted up the stairs. Lizzy yawned and shook her head as she laughed, "The lass has more vinegar than a distillery,"

Immediately form upstairs Lexy's voice echoed, "I HEAR THAT!!!"

Lizzy cupped her hand over her face and flushed. She turned to Ean and Aurora, "I am a wee bit tired as well, and we are all gon'a need to be ready, surly we will be called to act after today, and I think we should seriously consider visiting Erebus tomorrow."

Ean nodded and kissed Lizzy on top of the head as she smiled at them both and walked up stairs. Ean turned to Aurora and grabbed her hand, "come on lass, let's to bed."

She would know immediately that he was accepting her offer to sleep beside her and keep her comfortable tonight.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Indian10Aurora followed Ean up the stairs, holding his hand. She entered her bedroom, grabbing her sleeping clothes and with a blush of pink across her dusky cheeks she headed to the smaller bathroom to change. When she returned, she was dressed in teal green short shorts and a matching form fitting tank top. Her long, dark hair had been brushed til it shined like a raven's wing. She climbed into his bed as they'd taken to his room being that his bed was larger and more comfortable for two people than her's was. Once he climbed in, she curled into him, her head resting on his chest, her hand resting on his ribcage as his arm lay beneath her and wrapped around her shoulders, his fingers stroking circles on her bare skin of her upper arm. She noticed how small she was next to him, yet she fit into him perfectly. It made her smile. She raised up to look into his eyes smiling at him.

"Thank you for this, Ean. I love you so much. Every day my heart swells even more with the love I feel for you, sometimes it is overwhelming yet I wouldn't trade it for the world."

She then shyly leaned in and placed her lips on his, feeling the tickling of his beard and mustache as she kissed him softly.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:09 am

Kain observed Kimiko for a moment, whatever power she radiated before had resonated with him. The others had strength too, the kind of strength he hadn’t been around for a long time. Theirs felt like water, flowing where it might, but Kimiko’s was like the warmth of the sun, it was more… Kindred…?

“Kainy…” Carla spoke softly after she crouched down behind him.

Perhaps his staring had caught her attention. Kain quickly turned to look over his shoulder at her; “Yes, Carla?”

“Can we leave? These people scare me.”

The darkness that he had felt earlier was no longer among them and there was no reason for Kain to believe these people had any ill will towards either of them.

“They’re good people, they saved us.” He reassured her.

“I don’t feel safe.” She continued to speak softly.

“I promise, I will keep you safe.”

“Even from him?” Carla wondered, looking at the large bearded man with the axe by his side.

“Especially him.”

“I think he’d make you even shorter if you tried…”

“It won’t come to that, my dear.”

“But what about the city? The earthquake? They were involved weren’t they?”

There was no doubt in Kain’s mind they had fought to try and prevent this tragedy, but he did not want to try and explain why to Carla.

“I don’t know.” He said, “We should ask McGhee about it.”

Kain turned his gaze to Sionn; “Say, Mister McGhee? I’m not sure this is the time or place, but we are concerned about—“

“Freaking the fuck out!” Carla corrected Kain.

“… Concerned about what just happened. We don’t understand what we witnessed, how any of this came to pass, or if it’s even over.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 12:59 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation The_li10Lilly was standing just off to the side of everyone, looking over where the city of Naneo used to be. She shivered, crossing her arms beneath her breasts, rubbing her arms. Such power and evil. How were they going to fight against this? All she had were her skills with her blades and she knew she was fast and accurate and just damn good, but was she good enough? She turned to look back at Sionn and the others, hoping that she wouldn't be more of a hindrance than help to them. It was then that she smiled, remembering the tight hug Sionn had given her, the concern that had shown in his eyes when he looked her over, checking her for injuries. But she also kicked herself mentally. She wouldn't go there, wouldn't read more into his hug then what it was. A friend giving a hug to another friend, although she wished it were more than that. It was then that she heard the blonde woman speak, saying 'Freakin' the fuck out!'

Turning, she walked over to the shorter man and the blonde, her small five foot 1 inch frame kneeling down in front of her, her ever changing eyes once again an ice blue as she stared at her, a small throwing blade in her right hand, playing with it as she juggled it between her fingers.

"I know ye be scared, tis natural. But if ye do'n shut yer wee mouth an' be quiet so we can figure things oot, then I be shuttin' it fer ye."

She wasn't going to hurt her....she'd never do that unless she gave her reason to, but the blonde didn't know that and Lilly was quite simply tired of hearing her whining and what not. She turned to look at 'Kainy' and gave him a small smile.

"Where did ye find her at? Did ye pull her out of a cracker jack box?"

She stood then and walked back to where'd she been standing, staring out where the city once was.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich stared out over the destruction as he sighed slightly as he felt the dark pulses of his energy moving under his skin as it began to task of regenerating the flesh to its former glory as he pulled a shard of glass out of the side of his leg throwing it casually away as he could feel his blood seeping internally if he was in a hospital they would believe him dead in seconds but the blood carried the precious material to where it was needed as he felt the bones reknitting in his elbow he wanted to puke at the pain but kept a solid face though he would be getting a shade paler with such movement of magick and blood. "Lets just go I could do with a drink after all this just to remind myself to kick some ass next time." As he slid the axe to his back sliding it into its holster. as he turned seeing that most of the party knew each but they had a new comer as he smiled staying his distance though... Kimiko with her warmth Sion with his fluid and the others had a solid feel of earth he had something of a mist that chilled to the bone what was worse it blinded if people looked into his magick type too much... the druids were right in that they were Inherently evil but chose a neutral path... of some sort as he stood back a little wondering where they intended to go as he looked back at the destruction... maybe being evil came with bad luck this was the second city he had been in when it had sunk just this year as he frowned.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Sionn looked at the wee man, then to his companion and back to him. There was a look of understanding, clearly this lass had no idea who and what Kain was, and he respected the man's privacy, "It's a much longer story than I could tell in five minutes, but to be brief about it, there are evil people in the world looking to harm any whom they can, and there are others who do what they can to stop them. Even more so, there are those like myself who walk in the middle, watching what happens, and determining where the scale is tipping to correct it."

He looked at the woman who rolled her eyes at him and he looked at Kain apologetically, "That's about the best I can sum it up."

He then turned and walked over to Dietrich and cleared his throat so the Norseman would turn and look at him. He extended his hand to the massive mountain of a man and spoke, "Sionn McGhee, House of Helleborine. Thank you for your assistance."

Ean woke early and was able to slip away from Aurora who was sleeping soundly. He went downstairs and could hear soft footsteps in the kitchen. As he came around the corner he saw Elizabeth working frantically, her hair covered in flour and her face smeared. He laughed softly and she turned to him, "Don'a say a word, I can do this."

He stepped up and kissed her tenderly on the top of the head, "Have you n'er thought you were no born last for a reason gentle sister?"

She turned and slapped him on the arm, "I CAN!"

He lifted his hand in mock submission and spoke, "I did no say you can't, I was merely trying to save you some frustration."

She narrowed her gaze at him and spoke, "I just want to help Lex out, she has so much on her..."

He smiled and nodded, "Aye, and she smiles the whole time, perhaps she does'n see it as work? Serving is her gift, it's why her spirit is more that of a healer than a warrior... though she is quite an artist with a blade in her own right."

Elizabeth pursed her lips at him slightly and spoke, "And what of me?"

He looked at her, "Oh you suck with a blade."

She slapped his massive arm again and he laughed, "Come now Lizzy, you are gifted in other ways, what you do with magic is beyond anything I, or most could e'er wish to do."

She smiled and blushed slightly, "I am pretty good at it."

He laughed, "Aye, that you are."

They worked together for an hour or so and Aurora came down. Ean smiled and went to her, kissing her on the forehead, "Did ya sleep well lass?"

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Indian10Aurora had slept soundly wrapped in Ean's arms and when she woke that morning it was to stretch like a cat who'd just had the most wonderful dream. Granted, nothing had happened other then him holding her all night along, but it was enough. To feel his large, hard body against hers was comforting within itself among other things and she blushed deeply thinking about those other things that would come later. But as it was, he was old fashioned and she was truly grateful for that even though she wanted him with every fiber of her being.

She jumped out of bed and raced to the bathroom where she quickly showered and washed her long hair, towel drying it then brushing it free of all tangles, pulling it back in one long braid that reached her waist. She then dressed in her training clothes, eager to begin a new day now that she was done with running and acting like a scared child not wanting to confront things that frightened or angered her. She ran into Beau and looked at him sternly, kneeling before him as she cradled his furred head in her hands. "You cannot be growling at everyone every time my feelings get hurt, Beau. I have to learn to deal with them sooner rather than later. The best thing you can do is be there for me instead of growling at family members and yes, they are our family now. Keep me from running away when I don't want to confront something. Make me stay and talk it out with the others instead of hiding. But no more growling." She kissed his snout, smiling down at him and then stood as she all but bounced down the stairs to the kitchen.

When Ean turned to look at her her heart melted and then it melted even more at his kiss to her forehead, even though she was wishing it was to her lips instead and her brief look said as much before she hid it but not hiding the love she felt for this giant of a man. That shone bright in her dark eyes.

"Yes, Ean, I slept like a babe", she said deciding to take the initiative and pulled him down for a brief kiss to his lips, smiling at him. "If it's not too tempting or anything like that", she whispered to him with a pretty pink blush to her golden cheeks, "might we sleep together more often? Being next to you.....it is a wonderful feeling." She was now looking away and down from his eyes, clearly blushing a now deep red.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Ean smiled warmly at Aurora as she came down and he felt a tickle in his heart at the feeling of her lips. As she turned away he knew she was blushing, but for the sake of not embarrassing her he let it go.

Elizabeth approached with a pan in her hand and a server in the other, "I made scrambled eggs with fresh veggies. Ean made some sausages and bacon because if a meal goes by without meat in it he would go into a coma."

Ean huffed and spoke, "Muscles need protein!"

She laughed and served some eggs to Aurora and Ean before putting some on her plate. She sat and looked at the two of them before eating, "Yesterday changed everything... The calls are already going out."

Ean looked at Aurora and then to Elizabeth who was suddenly slightly shadowed in her face. He was about to speak but she spoke first, "Master Aidan has called us all in, I must leave right after breakfast for York. The events in Japan are an act of war, and the Arbiters are gathering to bring those responsible to justice."

Ean sighed heavily and spoke, "Do you want us to go with you?"

She shook her her head, "Master Aidan only called me."

"I didn't ask who Aidan called, I asked if you wanted us to go with you."

She looked up teary eyed and spoke, "I'm scared Ean."

He nodded and put his arm around her, "I know lass, I know."

She rested her head on his shoulder and sobbed a moment before recomposing herself. If Elizabeth was one thing, it was less showy in her emotions than most women. As she wiped her eyes she spoke, "I don't think you should come with me, but I will be in touch and let you know what transpires... oh and don't tell Lexy..."

"Don't tell Lexy what??"

Lexy walked from the stairs and around the wall so they could see her, clearly she had only caught the last of the conversation but she say and looked at them. TO avoid any awkwardness Elizabeth spoke, "We weren't trying to keep something from you, I just didn't want them to tell you before I could... Master Aidan has summoned me to York Tower, the Arbiters are gathering for war."

Lexy furrowed her brows slightly and looked at Elizabeth with a soft stare, "I suppose this is because of yesterday."

Elizabeth nodded her head and then looked to Ean, "I suspect that means we will be called up soon too."

Ean leaned back in his chair and looked at her and then to Aurora, "Aye, it is common for the Sentinels to follow the actions of the Arbiters."

Lexy stood and walked over to Elizabeth, wrapping her arms around her sister, "I love you Lizzy."

Ean smiled and looked at Aurora, placing his hand on her knee, "Eat lass, we have a lot to do today."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Dietrich_zps57091a19
"I thought I recognized a damn Mcghee when I bust out that wood shed of a house." He smiled as he was given the mans name as he turned to the rest of the party some were still in a daze he looked to Sion as he had a slight frown. "Dietrich Juger...I am from Haus Von Zeitlos well House Zeitlos I should say." As he looked to the Sion he finally decided to not hold the question back. "First time they seen something of this magnitude?" It was a gruff whisper as he tried not to startle the others with his mad observation as he wasn't stunned at the still shaking earth as it seemed to have a will of its own to eat every house and unnatural thing it could find. "Is there somewhere your going back to shamefully I am a little lost now that my hotel room isnt just drowned but buried as well now." As he gave the most hospitable grin he could give it still looked like a growl face with the great beard hanging off his chin.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Indian10Aurora smiled up at Lizzy, having a healthy appetite. She added two sausages and four pieces of bacon. She was eating when Lizzy told them about the war that has now been started. She stopped in mid bite then finished that bite of sausage. Her eyes were filled with sympathy when Ean hugged Lizzy as she now picked at her food until Lexy came in. Once all was said and done, her breakfast finished she then stood up and looked at all of them.

"I have something to say, if it is alright. First", she said looking at Lexy, "I have spoken with Beau and explained how things were now. Like him, you are my family now and that means that you are his family as well and he needs to back off, so to speak. There will be no more growling at family members in this house unless it is a growl of warning, but warning of danger coming or that is here." She gave Lexy a smile, before turning to Ean. "I have a lot to learn and I believe a short time to learn it in. I know you said that we have to pace our bodies to the training but I think that this may be an exception to the rule. I have to learn how to wield spirit as well as a sword and perhaps be able to do them together since it appears to not cause me much harm as I hold a blade. I think now is the time to push myself and push harder than I ever have. And, perhaps we should discuss me doing the ceremony with the bow and activating it's powers. I am still the only one whom it will recognize as the bearer, so even activating it to it's full power will be of no consequence if the druids take it for they cannot wield it without me. But it seems to me that we may very well need it in the coming months."

She then looked at Ean, bent down to kiss him softly on his lips and smiled. "I know that we still need to see Erebus at some point and time but I am heading out to the training arena after I help clean up breakfast dishes." She then took her plate and glass to the sink and then fixed Lexy a plate, remembering what she liked and setting it before her along with a glass of juice and a glass of milk.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Lexy smiled when Aurora brought the plate of food to her, though she did little beyond taking the juice and drinking it. Elizabeth looked at her little sister and did her best to smile when she spoke, "It will be alright lass, we will get through this, we always have."

Lexy looked at Lizzy and spoke, "We have no been through anything quite like this."

Lizzy stayed quiet, Lexy for her young age was right, this was a whole new situation, not just to them but to all the Races. Lexy set her glass down heavily and looked up at her siblings and the to Aurora as she mentioned the ceremony, "What do you need from us sister? How can we help?"

Ean stepped up and nodded in recognition of Lexy's words, "Aye love, what do you need from us?"

After Aurora explained the ceremony to them Lexy and Ean confirmed they would do what she had asked of them. Lizzy stood and spoke, "I should go pack."

She excused herself and as she departed Lexy finally let the single tear she had been holding back fall from her eye, "God...". She stood and gathered the dishes and took them to the kitchen as Ean turned to look at Aurora, "I know you are anxious to train, but there is no more time for training, any additional training you receive will be in the field."

He inhaled deeply and walked over to her, placing his large hands on her shoulders, "I will be with you the whole time."

He smiled and leaned in, kissing her softly. As he withdrew he spoke, "We need to get dressed and go see Erebus straight away, he can give us insight and clues as to what we can expect. I don'a know what to expect, but we need to see what he has to say."

Lexy came out of the kitchen and looked at them, "You two are gon' to see Erebus arn't ya?"

Ean nodded, "Aye."

"I don'a trust him, be careful." She turned and looked at Aurora, "I mean ya no offense sister... but Druids..."

Ean stepped forward, "Aurora's father was a Druid, he changed."

Lexy looked at him and her eyes dropped, "Aye, you are right."

Ean smiled lovingly and stepped forward, "We must be cautious to not offer prejudice, if he is a changed man we need to accept that, and give him a second chance."

Lexy nodded, "Aye."

Lizzy was coming down the stairs, her large duffel packed and slung over her shoulder. As she came to the first level Lexy stepped forward and spoke, "I'm com'n with ya." Lizzy looked up and then to Ean before looking back at Lizzy, "I don't think..."

Lexy's eyes welled up immediately and she spoke, "I am NO gon'a sit here while you go out there alone!"

Lizzy exhaled and nodded, "OK, OK... get yer things."

Lexy sprinted up the stairs and packed hastily, returning in a few mere minutes. She walked over and hugged Ean tightly, "Take care of our girl aye?"

She looked at Aurora and smiled, it was obvious Lexy was referring to her. She stepped over to Aurora and spoke, "Mind your heart... always listen to it. Your instincts are good, follow them."

She leaned in and hugged her tightly as she turned to Lizzy and the two of them went to Lizzy's car and loaded up, heading off to York.

Ean turned and looked at Aurora as they watched the sisters drive away, "We should get to town and meet Erebus."

Sionn shook Dietrich's hand firmly and when the large man asked his question he turned and looked at the two newcomers as he whispered, "Aye, one of them is new to this... the Punkie is no, but for reasons that are his own she knows nothing of the Races." He turned and looked at the large Norseman and continued, "But that is none of our concern... we need to figure out what the bloody hell they plan to do next."

Kimiko walked up, she was composed and stern, "You need to tell me what you know."

Sionn looked at her and tilted his head, "I know that we need to get back to Scotland and report to my Ma' and Da. After this the factions of good will be planning a response, and we will need to assess our position."

Kimiko looked at him and spoke, "My position is to bring balance back to the world."

Sionn nodded, his face straight and serious, "Aye, as is mine, as is my sisters and my parents... My mother is the Chief of the Stormborn, my Father the Lorekeeper... if you wish to join us you are welcome, if no, then I wish you well."

Kimiko was clearly torn, but quickly she spoke, "I will meet you at the airport in three hours."

Sionn nodded and smiled, "And it will be great to have you with us."

He then turned to Dietrich and spoke, "The only place we had to stay just went into the ocean with the rest of the city, but you are more than welcome to come with us to Scotland, there is plenty of food and shelter at my parents house, especially for one of the House Zeitlos."

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation The_li10Lilly listened to the others talk, still staring out where the city once was. She realized then that most of her knives had been in the rooms she'd shared with Sionn and the others and gritted her teeth. Her blades were special made to her specifications and would be very difficult to replace. The only swordsmith she knew of was with the zoo whom the O'Neil brothers had hired after many applications, finding the perfect person who could make her blades exactly as she needed them. Now what was she going to do?

She turned then back to the others, hearing that Kimiko would meet them at the airport in three hours and walked back over to them. She looked over at the shorter man, Kain she thought his name was, and looked right at him, her eyes having now changed to a deep green when before they'd been an ice blue when she was speaking to the blonde with him only to change to a deeper blue when she was looking to where the city had once been. Now they were a deep green as she looked at him, clearly ignoring the blonde.

"I would be suggesting tha' ye send the blonde lass packing if'n ye be coming with us, Kain. She has no place in this and will only hinder all of us."

When the blonde would've said something, Lilly's odd eyes went from their deep green to an icy blue once more.

"Tis goin' ta get more dangerous an' ye hae' no clue how to deal with these things. Ye would be safer back in ye own homeland."

Her voice was as if made of ice as she spoke to her, making it clear that she had no interest in what she would've said. She still wasn't sure about the big Norseman, but Sionn seemed to recognize him so she didn't question him coming with them. She was still very new to everything going on around her and what she'd been thrust into but she also knew that she'd finally found where she belonged. She turned away from the blonde and Kain and began to make her way over to Sionn and the big Norseman when she stumbled and fell to her knees. Her back wound was already festering from the black ooze that had made up the golem, the one wound that hadn't been treated and the one that she herself had left alone, not wanting to bother Sionn, Kimiko or Torri with it. She'd honestly thought it was fine, even though it had cut deep she'd not worried too much about as she could feel that it hadn't cut deep enough to damage any muscle, only needing stitching. What she'd not counted on was the black ooze of the golem Arawela's father had created and forced them to fight.

She looked up, trying to focus on Sionn as her vision blurred and it felt as if something were suddenly crawling beneath her skin on her back. She couldn't turn her head enough to look, but she could swear that there was indeed something crawling beneath her skin.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 am

Carla squeezed Kain’s shoulders tightly as Lilly addressed her and she stared back in silence.

“Well, I’m scared now.” Carla said as Lilly walked off again, “Forget about the big guy, just protect me from the girl.”

“We’re cool, we’re cool.” Kain tried to keep tempers from rising, “This is stressful for all of us.”

“Hmmph!” Carla felt a bit safer now that Lilly had created some distance between them, “Having your panties in a bunch must be really stressful, I guess.”

“Just leave her alone.” Kain implored, he had no interest in getting in the middle of some girly drama.

Then Sionn did his best to explain the situation, though, the best he could do for now only added to Carla’s confusion. Kain had hoped Sionn would throw a little more of a bone, but he probably had bigger worries on his mind then the peace of mind of some blonde broad.

“What?” Carla wondered.

“We’ve stumbled into something no regular person is supposed to know about.” Kain said.

“What?” Carla repeated, her confusion no less than before. But Kain remained silent and observed for a moment. Especially the Japanese woman kept his interest, but he couldn’t overhear what they were saying. Once the woman left briskly Kain’s gaze followed her, but then Lilly walked back up to them and Carla’s hands started squeezing his shoulders again as she slightly crumpled behind him.

Her warnings were clear, Kain had half a mind to have her advice apply to him as well, but clearly something was stirring among the races and he doubted he could live with himself if he just turned his back on the people who had saved his life right now.

“I promised to see Carla safe.” Kain said to Lilly, just before she turned around. He couldn’t exactly send her running into the fields alone, but perhaps, if he got her on a plane back to the United States he’d feel he had kept his promise, as Lilly suggested.

“I’m my own woman.” Carla eventually said with a slight quiver in her voice, having swallowed those words earlier when Lilly directed herself to her, but now that she had turned away she found the courage to at least say something.

But Lilly clearly did not care about anything she had to say and kept walking, until – until the wound on her back began to leak black, shadowy death. The girl’s back bubbled and deformed under the effects of the foulest of magics and the second it caught Kain’s eye a charge built up in his body, directed towards his right hand which still held his whip. Carla’s tight grip on Kain’s shoulders loosened instantly as some of the current also coursed through her, and as she reeled backwards she pointed and screamed; “She’s possessed! She’s possessed!”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:48 am

Elizabeth was quiet the first thirty minutes, her mind reeling with all that had happened, and what it implied. Lexy fidgeted with the bottom of her shirt, turning the fabric over and over in between her fingers. Finally she spoke and it startled Elizabeth as the silence was broken, "Lizzy, what's gon'a happen?"

Lizzy looked over at Lexy and then back to the road before responding, "I don'a know lass, we are too young to have e'er experienced something of this magnitude, the last major Druidic event was Mount Saint Helens in the United States."

Lexy furrowed her brows, "What about Hurricane Katrina?"

Lizzy looked at her and spoke, "I would hardly call that a major event, they throw hurricanes at the coasts all the time, and yes, that one was big, however it wasn't as costly magic wise. It is far easier to amplify a storm than it is to crack the earth."

Lexy looked at the M5 motorway and watched as the Lory's disappeared behind them, Lizzy was clearly speeding well beyond the posted limit. Lexy exhaled and spoke, "I need a cup of coffee."

Lizzy laughed in a reactionary manner and turned to her little sister, "Coffee?"

Lexy looked at her with a smile, "I don'a think tea will do'it this time."

Elizabeth laughed and nodded, "Aye, then coffee t'is."

She pulled the car off into one of the Motorway rest stops and the two sisters got out of the vehicle. They walked together into the quick stop store and Lexy went right to the coffee brewer. She hit a couple buttons and watched as the coffee flowed from the spout. She turned and saw Elizabeth, a few aisles over looking at the soft drinks. A rather handsome lad was talking with her and though she was doing her best to politely end the conversation the fellow was clearly smitten by her and was doing his best to stay beside her. Lexy shook her head with a smile, lidded her coffee and walked over, "Find your Iron Bru sister?" She looked at the lad, he appeared to be about her age.

Elizabeth turned and a look of relief crossed her face as the man also turned and looked at Lexy. He scanned Lexy from head to toe in a matter of a second and spoke, "You two, are sisters?"

Lexy nodded as she walked up to Elizabeth, "Aye, since the day I was born."

The lad laughed and he looked from one to the other, "My name is Kevin, Kevin Green, I am from the United States."

Lexy nodded and smiled sweetly as she spoke, "Aye, so your accent would say."

He nodded and continued, "I suppose so. I am here with a couple friends, one of them is first generation Scottish-American, he has family up in Stirling and they are going to let us stay with them for a few weeks. We just arrived yesterday in London, rented a car and drove up the Interstates... I mean, Motorways. Been kind of fun adapting to the way you guys do things over here."

Lexy sipped her coffee and looked sideways at Elizabeth before speaking, "Well, we certainly do hope that you enjoy visiting, and I hope ya brought a rain coat. There are only three kinds of weather in Scotland, about to rain, raining, and just finished raining."

Kevin laughed and nodded, "Cool, thanks for the tip."

Lexy smiled and looked at Lizzy, "We should probably get on then aye?"

Elizabeth turned and Lexy smiled, "Good bye Kevin..." "Wait... can I get your number? It would be fun to talk to you more about Scotland and stuff."

"And... stuff?"

Kevin went red and he cleared his throat, looking like he was about to say something but Lexy cut him off, "I tell ya what Kevin, give me your number and I will call you when I get back."

He smiled and responded, "When will you be back?"

She looked at him and her face went slightly sad, "I don't know, and that is the honest truth. My sister and I are going on a holiday, and it is ... open ended at the moment. However, I will call you, even if you have already left."

"I uh... well, ok."

He wrote his number down and then looked at her, "Are you on Facebook? I could friend you, maybe we could stay in touch that way while you are gone?"

She smiled and took his number, "I am no on Facebook Kevin, too many ways they can track you."

She touched him on the arm and turned as Elizabeth called her, "Lexy... shouldn't we be go'in? Like you said?"

Lizzy winked at her sister and Lexy turned back to Kevin with a smile, "It was nice to meet you Kevin Green, from the United States, enjoy your holiday."

"Thanks... uh... hey I never got your name."

"My name is Leagsaidh, but you can just call me Lexy."

He nodded and smiled, "Good to meet you Lexy."

As she turned and walked back to Elizabeth, her big sister just shook her head and slipped her arm under her sisters so their elbows were locked. As they went to the car Lexy put out her hand, "Give me they keys, you need to rest."

Elizabeth was clearly about to protest and Lexy cocked an eyebrow, putting out her hand, "Stop, just stop, you need to rest."

Elizabeth smiled and handed Lexy the keys, "Thanks Lex."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation KimikoBanner

Kimiko turned sharply, she had felt the black ooze as much as she had heard the young blond woman scream about it. She ran over to Lilly and knelt down, looking sharply at the wound in her back. She grit her teeth and spoke, "Stupid girl! She should have told us!"

She turned to Sionn and spoke, "Have you any knowledge of herbs?"

Sionn nodded, "Some, aye."

"Go find Angelica keiskei, also called Ashitaba."

Sionn nodded and dashed towards the thin line of trees knowing that the partial shade would be a great place to start looking. She turned and looked at Kain, Carla was screaming hysterically and she spoke softly to the Punkie, "Kain, I need you to keep her calm and quiet so I can concentrate."

She saw his nod and he began to talk to Carla. The Norseman had approached and was looking down at Lilly and Kimiko. Kimiko looked up at him and spoke, "Hold her head, and get any metal she has on her away from her, this magic will not treat it well."

She saw the look of displeasure on the man's face as she mentioned magic, but she paid it no mind for now, she was doing what needed to be done in an effort to save the Irish gal. Being careful not to touch the ooze Kimiko picked up one of Lilly's knives and cut away the fabric, the wound was festering and the skin bubbled around the gash. Shaking her head she wrinkled her nose at the smell and turned as Sionn approached with the herbs, "If this is no enough there was more."

Kimiko grabbed it and looked, "This will be fine, kneel there." She pointed to the opposite side of Lilly. Breaking the stems off the ashitaba she began handing the small white flowers to Dietrich and Sionn, "Start chewing these." The both looked at her and her brows furrowed in angst, "I have no time to explain, just do it or she will die."

Sionn looked over at Dietrich who laid Lilly's head on his lap so he could use his hands. Sionn bit in and wrinkled his nose at first, the taste was bitter at first but then his mouth felt warm as the fluids in the plant released. Kimiko removed a small wooden bowl from with her loose vest, a bowl that looked too big to have been hidden in the folds, but now was not a time to question things. She held the bowl in front of Sionn, "Spit." He spit out the herbs in his mouth and she spoke, "Keep chewing... now you." She moved the bowl to Dietrich who followed suit, "You too, chew more, we need more."

She looked at the skin on Lilly's back and watched how the areas around the wound were rippling, "We need to hurry, or we will be fighting HER in a few minutes." Dietrich and Sionn hastened their chewing and in thirty seconds Kimiko looked into the bowl, "Good..."

She reached into her vest again and removed a purple, velvet bag. She opened the drawstring and removed a large pinch of golden powder that shimmered in the sunlight. She did this a second time and then synched up the bag and stuffed it into her vest. Grabbing a stick near her knee she stirred the contents of the wooden bowl and turned to Kain, "I need a boost."

He looked at her and she locked eyes with him, "Now is not a time to sit idle my friend, I do not have enough magic within me to make this happen, not after the fight... please."

Kain lifted his hand and Kimiko did the same, they were a good five meters apart but as soon as their palms were in alignment a golden burst of light erupted from Kain's body and entered Kimiko. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, looking up at him after a second, "A Binder... very good."

She turned and grabbed the contents of the bowl as she felt the combined power flow through her. She began to sprinkle the wet mixture over the wound area, as it made contact the area reacted like baking soda hitting vinegar, hissing and bubbling with thick white foam. As the last of the reagent hit Lilly's body she began to chant in ancient words of magic, bringing her hands over the skin. Bursts of golden light flashed over and under the skin as the reagent drew on the infection like a suction pulling poison from the bloodstream, and bursts of hot light etched small cauterized scars across Lilly's back. They were as thin as hairs and only extended a few inches from the wound, but there were dozens of them, trails where the magic was following the tar like ooze as it tried to burrow deeper into her skin. Finally Lilly clenched her hand like a fist and began to lift it off Lilly's body, the white lines of magic wrapped around the black ooze like tendrils and with grit teeth Kimiko stood, pulling the infection, quite literally from Lilly's body. With her other hand she made an arching motion as she hissed words of magic and a golden sphere wrapped the softball size glob of ooze and it hovered in mid air in front of them.

She leaned back, completely exhausted and sweating. Sionn looked at the glob and spoke first, "What the bloody hell is it?"

"It's a contagion known as 'Rot' ... only the most powerful of Druids know how to wield it, and it is what was used to form that golem we fought."

She wiped her brow, "This little Irish lady is far from cured, it is going to take a long time for the fever and pain to go away, but at least she won't be infected and turn into a hideous creature herself."

Sionn furrowed his brow and looked at Dietrich, both of them shaking their heads. Kimiko stood on rubbery legs and walked over to Kain, "Thank you Master Punkie, for your assistance in this situation, if you had not acted the girl would have most certainly died."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 pm

“She’s full of nightmares!” Carla shrieked. She had tumbled backwards from shock, a combination of both literal and proverbial shock, but soon sat upright pointing at Lily and once more being quite upset.

Kain remained vigilant, his whip charged and his body tensed up, until Kimiko began her efforts to save the girl. Kain inched in, his guard slowly lowering, while Sionn went to find the correct herbs, but then she turned to him.

“Aaah! I can feel my skin turning black too!” Carla screamed while Kimiko spoke softly and directly about what she needed him to do. He should have been there calming her in the first place, the others seemed to be doing everything possible for the girl, he quickly nodded.

“I think I peed myself!” Carla suddenly cried and broke down sobbing. Kain grimaced, he suddenly felt like he had gotten the hardest assignment out of all of them, but slowly turned and went over to Carla. She still sat there pointing, but her eyes were flooded and her whole body was shaking. Somewhat hesitantly Kain walked at her with his arms open, what could he say? Maybe a hug was the best remedy.

“Shhhhhh.” He tried to calm her, one hand gently rubbing her back, the other pulling her head onto his shoulder. The girl continued to sob, whine and whimper, sometimes trying to say something, but nothing really came out in between the crying and her need to catch some air.

“Shhhhh.” Kain kept calming her as thick tears fell onto his shoulders and slowly her breathing settled down and the arm which had been pointing all this time flopped down beside her body.

“I pe-e-ed my-se-e-elf.” Carla eventually managed, but saying so only made her blubber more again.

“Shhhh.” Kain said, patting her head, “The mud already ruined your dress anyway, it’s alright.”

Carla pulled herself free from Kain’s hand and looked at him quite angrily, though still sobbing.

“I’ll buy you another, alright?” Kain tried to appease the girl.

Her look lightened a little, though clearly not quite satisfied. She suddenly grabbed Kain’s shirt and began to violently blow her nose in it. Once she was done she began to wipe her eyes leaving Kain without words, looking down on the great big green wetness in the middle of his shirt.

“What? Mud ruined it anyway.” Carla stated once her eyes had dried.

Kain sighed, perhaps he deserved that. “Feeling better?”

“Much.” She said, “Will she...?” Referring to Lilly.

Kain looked over, a pool of black liquid was starting to form underneath Lilly’s body and her back still rippled violently while the men were chewing rapidly. It didn’t look so great.

“Probably.” Kain decided to say.

The spastic writhing of the poor girl’s skin and the thick black tendrils protruding from her back gave him cold shivers. Before he knew it, it wasn’t Lilly he saw before his eyes anymore but another, a punkie afflicted in the very same way a long time ago.

Kimiko’s radiant eyes once again appeared with their warm light and blended with the memory. Just her shinning eyes floating next to the afflicted punkie. There could be no hesitation to do as she asked and his palm swifly pointed towards Kimiko, his spirit ready to assist. Though the feeling that followed, as his energy rushed out of his body was unlike anything he had ever experienced. His arm hurt by the sheer force of the energy transferred, he had never forced the use of so much energy so rapidly through his abilities before and he certainly never had it drawn from him. Once Kimiko closed the bridge, having received what she needed, Kain stumbled backwards now that the energy no longer pulled on him. There was more he would have readily given, but now that energy swirled through him after it had been stirred up by the transfer, it was quite a rush.

He looked on to see the mixture of herb and magic applied and as the treatment continued the image of the punkie slowly faded and Lilly came back into focus. The rot was slowly forced out of the girl’s body, but he knew the one in his memory had not been so lucky.
God damned memories that weren’t his own.

Kain put the mental lid back on that box of Pandora when Kimiko gingerly approached him to thank him, “If you had not acted the girl would have most certainly died.”

Kain replied with a small smile, “I’m glad it didn’t take her as well.”

“You’re magic too?” Carla suddenly spoke up, “You’re all magic?”

Kain sighed; “Yeah… we’re all ‘magic’…”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you tell me you were magic?”

“Why do you think?”

“I wouldn’t have made you buy me breakfast if I had known.”

Kain wasn’t sure what to say about that.

“We should probably get her out of here, no?” Kain directed himself to Kimiko and the others again, “I hope the gentlemen can carry her, I’d offer my help but there is little I can do. I’m afraid I come up short in these circumstances.” He said and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: