Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment

Go down 
+2
SinTara
zinsk
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10Aurora stood there as Ean spoke, feeling something change within her.  It was like the bond that was already between her and Ean grew stronger, an invisible tie bound them now.  Tears trailed down her cheeks, tears of happiness at the acceptance she was being shown by this man, his family and the other sentinels.  She looked over at Lexy and saw her tears, her hand covering her mouth then looked back at Ean and there was no mistaking the love that was shining in his eyes as he looked at her and her heart did a flip flop in a good way.  As soon as he welcomed her to the family after his vow was spoken she threw herself into his strong arms without a second thought, tears streaming down her cheeks as she wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling his strong arms wrap around her slim waist.  Her feet left the ground as he held her, burying her face into the side of his neck as she cried softly.  

"I am so happy, Ean.....I've never had a family...not a real family before", she whispered to him.  

When he finally released her, she turned to see Lexy waiting to hug her next and wiping the tears as she laughed as they hugged each other. Next was Lizzy who hugged her as well.  She looked over at Lexy again, "These men have to be starving", she said as she dried her eyes casting a glance at Ean.  "Let's go get the food ready for them for afterwards I have something for you, Lizzy and Ean after everyone leaves."  She smiled at the confused look on Lexy's face and simply grinned at her.  "I'm not saying a word until after everyone else leaves", she said as she looped her arm through Lexy's the two walking back into the house to gather the fabulous food Lexy had prepared.  

The next few hours were spent eating, answering questions about her heritage, some teasing and lots of laughter.  The men were indeed hungry and tore into the quail and all the trimmings.  Aurora ate as well, sitting in between Ean and Lexy.  "Lexy, this is so good....you have to show me how to fix this", she said in between bites her eyes closing in pure enjoyment of the food.  

It was after dark when the other sentinels finished up, Ean seeing them to their vehicles while the three women cleaned up.  Once Ean returned to the house,  Aurora asked everyone to sit down in the sitting room as she went to her room.  Ean's gift she carefully wrapped in a pretty dark blue tissue paper and then put it into a small dark blue matching gift bag.  Lizzy's was done in purple while Lexy's was done in soft green.  She then went back down and into the sitting room smiling shyly at them.  She first handed Lizzy's her gift bag, the Lexy and last....smiling softly with great affection shining in her dark eyes for him she handed Ean's his before going to the loveseat and sitting down.  

"Before you open them....I want to say something.  Lexy...you and Lizzy have become like my sisters, something I never had before and never thought I would be lucky enough to have.  I have grown to love both of you as my sisters and am proud to call you sisters."  She then looked over at Ean and blushed, unsure what to say to him.  Her voice was just over a whisper when she spoke to him.  "Ean...you have become so special to me......more special than...", she stopped, looking down at her hands.  "Anyway....you are special to me, Ean."  She then smiled to them, "Okay...open your gifts.  They are my way of telling you that I love you", she said with a grin.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 The_li10
Lilly ate quietly while Sionn spoke, not looking up at Sionn even when he told Hibiki to not blame her.  She just sat there eating, listening to him.  Even when Hibiki mentioned the druid, she showed little emotion until she finished eating.  Then she looked at them.  

"What do we do about this druid?  I willnae' be making the same mistake twice now that I be knowing how evil they be."  She looked at the three sitting at the table with her, her odd eyes pausing longer on Sionn then the others before she looked away.  "What can I be doing to help?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 EanBanner

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 LexyBanner

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 ElizabethBanner

THe day was winding down, the lads left and after all the well wishing they left. The barn and the training area within had been fixed in only one and a half days, the spirit of the Sentinels having fueled their work and efforts. As the last ones left Ean turned to Aurora, Lexy and Lizzy and the lot of them went inside the house.

The three siblings listened to Aurora who told them about how she loved them, how Lizzy and Lexy had become like sister to her and even Ean blushed softly at her words. Lexy giggled as Aurora told them to open their gifts and she squealed, wide eyed as she looked at the beautiful suede pouch. She jumped off the couch and grabbed Aurora tightly around the neck, squeezing with a hug that could only be motivated by love, "Thank you SO much Aurora, this is wonderful! Ya found something to hold my vials, and it is so beautiful!" She turned to Lizzy and spoke with excitement, "Do ya think this could be enchanted with stone skin so that pressure won't break the items inside?"

Lizzy looked at the pouch with a smile and nodded, "Oh aye, of course we can do that. I will prepare the reagents tomorrow."

Lexy turned back to Aurora and grabbed her again, kissing her gently on the cheek, "You are so amazing! Thank you SO very much!"

Lizzy opened her gift and she smiled softly as she looked at the stationary and the pen. Looking up at Aurora she stood and practically glided over to her. Lizzy of course was not as animated as Lexy was, but the look in her face told Aurora all she needed to know, she absolutely loved the gift. Taking Aurora by the hands she looked at her and spoke, "You never cease to amaze, since the day you stepped into this house, you have surprised me every single day."

She leaned forward and hugged Aurora tightly, leaning back and releasing her hands. The three turned to Ean who was sitting patiently and waiting. When they made eye contact he opened the gift and lifted it from the paper, staring at it. He immediately became teary eyed and Lexy covered her mouth, gasping softly. Lizzy turned and looked at Aurora and whispered, "How did you know?"

Aurora looked as surprised as the others and Ean looked up, whispering as his eyes welled up even more, "Oisin watches Deirdre..."

He stood up and walked over to Aurora, hugging her with more love than she had ever felt. He whispered through his tears, "Thank you... thank you SO much."

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 SionnBanner

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 HibikiBanner

Hibiki smiled and motioned at Lilly, "Anxious to die this one."

Sionn nodded softly, looking at her with a smile of admiration. Hibiki winked at Lilly and turned to Sionn, "I am liking her more by the minute."

Hibiki walked over to a small closet and opened it, removing a simple looking map. He unrolled it on the table and put weights on the corner. There were red marks all around the coast of Japan, and it would be obvious to Lilly that these were the locations of the underwater earthquakes, there were about 14, "This is the latest," Hibiki pointed to a spot that couldn't have been more than twenty kilometers away, "The Druid was here," He pointed to a spot right on the coast, "We go and look... now if he is like most Druids, we aren't gonna find anything, but sometimes the less experienced ones slip up."

Torri stepped over and looked at the map and then Hibiki, "So what are we waitin' for?"

Hibiki smiled mischievously and stood up, "Nothin!"

The four of them piled into the car, with weapons and equipment, and headed up the road towards the coast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10Aurora was wiping tears as well at the joy she had given them with her gifts, but when Ean opened his and showed such strong emotion she looked confused.  "Oisin watches Deirdre", he'd whispered and she knew that it was something important.  But when he hugged her, she literally felt the love flowing from him to her and she couldn't stop her arms from wrapping around his waist as she buried her face into his massive chest.  Her head only came up to his chest as he was so much larger than her smaller form and it was then that she looked at the statue and saw the resemblance between her and Ean and Oisin and Deirdre.  Her eyes closed and tears now flowed freely as she realized that she had fallen in love with this bear of a man.  But what about Sionn?  A part of her still loved him, but she now knew that more than likely it wasn't what was needed to keep a couple together.  She stepped out of his arms, instantly feeling the loss of warmth as she looked up at him, her dark eyes filled with the love she felt for him.  "I....I..", she stammered out as the tears flowed.  She turned to look at Lizzy and Lexy then back to Ean her face showing her turmoil as she turned and ran up the stairs to her room.  Here she was worried about whether or not Sionn would be faithful to her and she was the one who'd fallen in love with someone else.  She hated herself right at that moment.  

Sitting on the bed, crying she held Sionn's phone in her hand debating on whether or not to call him.  

Lilly laughed at Hibiki's joke about her being anxious to die, "Nay...ready to kick some druid arse is all."  She stood with the others looking at the map and listening to his words about what was happening and how the lesser druids might make a mistake...one that would give them a clue.  She smiled at Torri's words and then Hibiki's exuberance as she followed them to the car and climbed in, Sionn once again climbing into the back with her.  She smiled at him, accepting that she was indeed attracted to him but also accepting that he was bound to another and off limits until at which time he was no longer bound.  Which, she had a feeling that it wouldn't be long.  He needed a strong woman to keep him.  One of his own kind.....at least that was the feeling she got.  Torri had mentioned that this Aurora was a sentinel and what she remembered of her teachings with her parents, factions HAD to stay within their factions when finding their other halves.  

They reached their destination and Lilly looked around after getting out of the car, closing her eyes and taking in the smell of the ocean, tilting her heart shape face up into the wind.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:41 am

Ean watched Aurora run up the stairs. Beau lifted his head and looked over at Lizzy who nodded softly to the wolf. Lexy turned to look at Ean who had a slight look of confusion on his face, “What did I…”

Lizzy looked at Ean and spoke softly, “It is nothing you did brother.”

Lexy started to go to the stairs and Lizzy spoke, “No Lexy, let me talk to her.”

Lexy immediately nodded and started cleaning up the wrappings while Lizzy made her way up the stairs to the bedrooms. Ean turned and knelt down, helping Lexy, “I don’a understand Lex, was it me?”

Lexy looked up at him and smiled sadly, “Aye, but no in the way you might be thinkin.”

He crinkled his forehead and spoke, “What?”

Lexy exhaled softly and with a loving smile she spoke, “You are so thick sometimes brother, she is in love with ya.”

Ean sat back on his heels and looked up the stairs, and suddenly a smile crossed his bearded face.

Lizzy knocked softly on Aurora’s door and walked in without waiting for a response. She closed the door and locked it, then walked over and sat on Aurora’s bed. Aurora was on her stomach, her face buried in her pillow, and it was obvious she was still weeping softly. Lizzy touched her gently on the small of the back and spoke, “Love sucks aye?”

She felt Aurora’s body shudder softly with laughter and then Aurora turned over, wiping her tears with the back of her hand and nodding her head without saying a word. Lizzy smiled in a sisterly way and brushed the tussled hair back off Aurora’s face, “I can assure you one thing, you don’a have to worry about Ean returning your affections… but you will have to make a choice, him our Sionn. I know what I am saying is obvious to you, but I also want you to know that if you don’t choose Ean it will no affect the way we all feel about you.”

Lizzy smiled and whispered, “But personally, selfishly, I do have a preference for whom you will choose to love.”

The drive was short and Hibiki brought the car to a stop on a gravely road that overlooked the waters. As the four of them stepped out of the car immediately the air was filled with energy and they knew something was wrong. Hibiki drew his short swords and began looking around, Torri flicked open her bow, Sionn withdrew his hammers from under his coat and Lilly had her daggers at the ready. Hibiki led them up along a path and stayed quiet, motioning with his hands for them to fan out and search.

There wasn’t any movement except for the gentle push of wind coming off the ocean waters, no birds, no bugs, nothing seemed to move. The four of them pushed on as Hibiki led them, but for twenty minutes there was nothing but the eerie stillness.

Suddenly Hibiki stopped and the four of them looked up. About a hundred meters away a man was standing in blue jeans and a blue shirt. He had long black hair and tattoos all down his forearms. He watched them but remained still. Hibiki looked sideways to see that the other three were with him and he yelled, “Identify yourself! By the Hand I require your purpose for being here!”

The man’s shoulders rocked softly with laughter and his voice surrounded them like a whisper, “You require my purpose? The observers, such a joke.”

Hibiki furrowed his brow, clearly not happy with the answer and he started walking closer, “You are filled with darkness creature, and we will not allow you to continue if you are making mischief.”

The man tilted his head bemusingly to the side and the whisper surrounded them again, but his now visible mouth was clearly not moving, “That is assuming you CAN stop me.”

Torri whispered, “He is no a Druid…”

Sionn nodded in confirmation and Hibiki never broke eye contact, but it was obvious that he heard her. As the closed the gap the man popped his knuckles, flashed a toothy smile, and this time spoke form his mouth, “Win lose or draw, you will know you were here!”

They were now twenty meters away and Hibiki bolted at the man like a shot of lightening, crossing the distance between them so fast it seemed like a blink. He crossed his swords in a flash of steel and the man leapt into the air, spinning like a top and landed behind Hibiki, thrusting his hands out and a black cloud like substance knocked Hibiki to the ground before dissipating with the shoreline breezes. He spun immediately and stuck his hand out, the arrow that Torri had loosed stopped mid air, inches form his face and he plucked it from where it hovered, observing the broad head. He looked at her with a beautiful smile and raised his hand, a dark bolt of energy erupted from his palm. A blast of ice smashed into the dark energy and exploded in sharded of shimmering blue and wafting shadow as the man turned and looked at Sionn, “Well, well, well… counter measures, this suddenly got interesting.”

A kick caught the man in the back and he tumbled to the ground as Hibiki followed the move with a leap that was bringing him in arc, both swords pointed down. The man vanished like smoke and Hibiki’s blades sunk into the soft ground a good 10 inches before stopping. He pulled and released them as he spun, the man no where to be seen.

Lilly, now completely on guard, daggers in hand spoke, “What in bloody hell was that?”

Hibiki scanned the area, “An Eclipse, a dark wizard… but hells knows why he is here.”

Torri yelled, “Contact right!” and the group spun as she loosed an arrow. A large creature, roughly 3 meters high with a piggish face, tusks like a bore and gigantic muscles was charging up the hill as if he was unaffected by gravity. The arrow caught him in the shoulder and pierced all the way through, sticking out the other side, and he didn’t even flinch. His dark green skin, as smooth looking as silk, shimmered as he charged at them, roaring a deafening war cry and raising an axe that had a blade as big as a car door.

Hibiki and Sionn charged, Torri loosed another arrow and Lilly launched herself into the attack as the Orc swung with incredibly speed. Sionn leapt over the swing while Hibiki slid on the muddy ground, whizzing past the creature on his off balance side and slicing a massive gash in it’s calf. Sionn touched his foot off the blade as it whirled beneath him and lightening exploded from his hammers as he brought one down onto the back of the Orc’s skull. Lilly dove in and stuck her blades to the hilt into both of the Orc’s eyes, he gurgled a hissing sound and died as the two blades pierced his brain. The black blood oozed over her hands as she withdrew her knives and she crinkled her face. Hibiki walked over and looked at her, “First time seeing Orc blood?”

She nodded in disgust and he laughed, “You’ll get used to it.”

Sionn came back over and Torri ran up beside them all, “The hell is happening here? Orcs and Eclipse in broad daylight?”

“Darkness is consuming this world, slowly and surely…”

The four turned, weapons up in response and a female figure stood on the hill behind them, about forty meters away, the Eclipse standing beside her. She had mesmerizing, shimmering blue eyes and a seductively beautiful smile. Her raven black hair swirled in the sea salted breezes and she looked at the four of them as Torri hissed, “Fucking bitch…”

Lilly glanced sideways and Sionn mouthed the word, “Arawela.”

Lilly turned to look at her again and saw that Arawela was looking right at her, “Well… Sionn has found himself a new pretty little thing eh? I shouldn’t be surprised that the Native American squaw would only last so long, have you plucked her and now you are moving on?”

Torri growled and pulled the bow string tight, aiming right at Arawela’s head. Arawela laughed and spoke, “How many times are you going to threaten me with that little bow Torri? The joke grew tired long ago. Torri loosed the arrow and Arawela didn’t even budge as the Eclipse brought up his hand and the arrow disappeared like a shadow. Arawela shook her head and spoke, “Tsk tsk little Stormy… that wasn’t wise.”

The ground began to rumble all around them and Arawela brought her hands up, the rocks, shrubbery, everything in the area vibrated and shook violently. The Eclipse brought up his hands and fired off two spells, one at Hibiki, the other at Lilly. Sionn lifted his hand and countered the spell coming at Lilly with a wall of protective ice which exploded when the spell made contact, Hibiki dodged and charged as the spell aimed at him went sailing harmlessly into the ocean. The Eclipse brought his hands out and swirled like a whirlwind, his face visible in the center, and Arawela grit her teeth as the ground swell and vibrations became so intense that standing was becoming impossible. From behind the four a noise of thunder could be heard, three massive rock golems had sprung form the ground and were now bearing down on them.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10Aurora nodded her head to Lizzy, "I know I have to make a choice....I think it was made for me with Sionn's own words in the barn about him needing to be sure he can be the man I need him to be.  That he needs to be sure he can change.  If he truly loved me......as a man loves a woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with then he wouldn't be questioning himself not once but twice.  I know he loves me.....and I love him, but it's not the type of love needed to make a strong relationship."  She looked away from Lizzy, looking at the window on the other side of her room.  "But Ean", she said with love shining strong in her dark eyes, "what I feel for Ean I now know is real....it is the real thing."  Tears began to fall again, "But I hate myself at the same time, Lizzy.  I was so worried about Sionn not being able to be faithful to me and here I am falling in love with someone else.  What does that make me?  What does that say about me?"  She turned back to Lizzy, "I know who I choose....I've not been one to sit around and mull on things.  I know my own heart I just hate that I am the one who has betrayed Sionn and not what I feared he would do to me."  She hugged Lizzy, before explaining what she'd felt when Ean had said the vow of a Sentinel to his squire.  "I've never felt anything like that before.  Ean have had a bond since we first met but when he spoke those words it was as if our spirits were becoming one, knotting together."  She then looked up at the smooth ceiling, closing her eyes, "I will have to tell Sionn.....the sooner the better.  The sooner he knows the sooner he can go back to being who he truly is.  Maybe one day he will find a woman who can tame him....but that woman isn't me."  

She wiped her eyes then, standing.  "I've now made a fool of myself in front of Ean and the two of you.  I am sorry for that, especially after I'd given you you're gifts.  But what do I do now?  I mean.....what do I say to Ean?  How do I tell him?  How do I not tell him?"  She sighed, "I love Ean, Lizzy.  I am in love with Ean.  And everything that he is.  His spirit calls to mine like no other."

Lilly was disgusted at the dark blood coating her hands.  It was gross to say the least and then she was facing Arawela.  She was beautiful, in an evil sort of way but that was where her beauty stopped.  It was only physical.  Once you looked into her eyes you could see the darkness within her and suddenly the woman wasn't all that great to look at.  

Then the world around her began buck and arch as she tried to keep her footing and stay standing only to see Arawela's spell hurtling towards her.  She knew she wouldn't be able to move in time when suddenly there was a wall of ice in front of her, protecting her.  She turned to see Sionn who was smiling at her and she smiled back.  "I owe you one, mate.....thank you", she said before she toppled over from the rolling and bucking of the ground beneath her feet.  She got back to her feet only to be knocked down again when she heard the thunder behind her.  She rolled over to see three massive creatures made of rock lumbering towards them.  "Bloody hell", she muttered as she got to her feet again, this time spreading her feet to balance herself.  She thought for a brief second before reaching underneath her shirt to the hidden sheaths and pulling free two three inch long daggers.  With the hilts they were a total of six inches and perfectly balanced.  She used her small frame to dodge the rocks that were being thrown at her, knowing that her smallness made for a harder target as she ran towards the golems until she was close enough to throw the two daggers, hitting with deadly accuracy right in their eye sockets.  The blades were made of titanium steel, made to pierce through anything and were as sharp as a samurai's sword.  She rolled between the legs of the one who now had a dagger sticking out of each socket, hoping that it had worked.  She had no clue what these things were but everything had to see....didn't they?  She could only hope.

Once she rolled free of the first golem, she turned to see the second one stomping towards her, a boulder the size of a small car in it's hand.  He threw it at her and she dodged the boulder as it hit the ground but another was quick to follow from the third one, hitting within a foot of where she was standing, sending her flying by the force of the impact.  She hit the ground hard, trying to roll with it and failing miserably as her left temple hit a rock.  She saw stars and felt the blood trickling down the side of her face as she slowly got to her feet to turn and see Sionn, Torri and Hibiki engaging the golems as well.  Her eyes were glowing a bright amber from the battle as they locked with Sionn's green ones only to begin to fade as the blow to her head took over and she crumpled to the ground, unconscious.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Lizzy smiled and spoke softly, “Listen Aurora, I am no trying to sway ya one way or the other, but it would be unfair to Sionn to not say this. I have forgiven him for what he did to me, but I harbored a great resentment for him for a long time. As children of the light, we need to forgive, and I have. When he spoke to me that day and apologized I know he was sincere. However, to apologize, though noble, does no mean he will no commit the same sins again.”

She placed a hand on Aurora and spoke, “I am no saying he will, but I would be lying if I didn’a tell you that he most likely will.” There was sadness in her eyes and she spoke, “To see your heart get broken like Sionn broke mine… I can no say I wouldn’a lash out.” She inhaled deeply and sighed, “You are like a new sister to me… and the rest feel the same way. It’s in out nature to protect and defend, so we can no help it when we see someone hurting to step into the gap…. I especially would hate to see how Ean would react, to be honest with you, that has been my greatest fear in all this, that if’n Sionn DID cheat, or hurt ya, or break your heart…” She shook her head and stayed silent at the thought of what her brother would do.

She looked up and her eyes were welling slightly with tears as Aurora told her the story of how she felt when Ean made his vow. Her smile was broader than Aurora had ever seen on Elizabeth’s normally reserved, quiet face. As Aurora reached and hugged her she returned the embrace with a tight squeeze. As Aurora asked what sort of woman she was having fallen for another man Lizzy giggled softly as a tear rolled off her cheek and she spoke, “It doesn’a make you any different, you are no married to him, you are no engaged or bound… you are in a relationship, but it is no sealed.” She shrugged her shoulders as Aurora looked at her, “I am no saying you needent tell Sionn, of course you are right, you have to tell him, and sooner that later… but you are no a bad or evil person for coming to a realization Aurora, you are just… well you are just a woman figuring out a whole lot of new things all at once…” she leaned in and hugged her again, “and you are handling it all remarkably well.”

She leaned back and took Aurora’s hand, opened the door and led them back downstairs. Immediately Aurora would see that the whole downstairs was empty and the statue she had given Ean was displayed prominently and purposefully in the center of the fireplace mantle, a new centerpiece in the room. As Aurora looked around Lizzy smiled, “Come, they are outside at the fire pit, I would bet on it.”

Elizabeth and Aurora went to the back door and grabbed their shawls off the hook, Lexy’s was gone, confirming that the other two had left the house. As they walked into the cool air the glow of the firepit, lit with a nice warm fire, could be seen not far off. Ean and Lexy were sitting on chairs, their silhouettes clear and obvious with the bright fire behind them. Elizabeth looked at Aurora and smiled, her eyes still shimmering slightly with the wetness of her tears, “Come lass… I bet they are making s’mores.”

The coolness on Lilly’s head caused her to flinch, and then she felt a hand on the side of her head. She opened and roused and Sionn was looking at her, he placed his hand gently on her and spoke, “Wisht lass… wisht… it’s alright.”

She looked around the room, they were back in the house, the room looked familiar and she recognized it. Sionn smiled and when she looked back at him she noticed a large bruise on his forehead and one of his sleeves was torn completely off his jacket. Her eyes went wide and he spoke, “Do’na worry lass, I am fine, the others are too.”

He could see she had questions but he shushed her gently again, he was sure that her head was thumping and pounding from the impact she had taken, “We routed them… Hibiki killed the Eclipse, and he almost took Arawela’s head off as well. How she managed to escape is beyond me… he is so bloody fast.”

She could see the look of remembrance in his eyes. He blinked and looked at her, “Sorry.”

He touched the rag and cooled it again with his magic, and pressed it gently against her head where the bruising and swelling was, “Hibiki and Torri left… they went further up the coast to retrieve more of Hibiki’s data. The link was no working, so they went to retrieve it manually.”

He smiled softly as he stared at her, the look of tension and anxiousness in his eyes, “I am just glad you are alright and only got the wee knocker on your head.”

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10Aurora felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders with her admission about Ean.  She was now anxious to tell him and then get a hold of Sionn and speak with him.  She wasn't one to put things off and she needed closure with Sionn so that she could move forward with Ean.  And he with her.  She smiled at Lizzy when they saw the firepit and she saw Ean sitting on a large log with a hot dog stick, four marshmallows attached to the end as they roasted over the fire.  He looked up and smiled warmly at her and she returned the smile with her own, blushing.  Lizzy gave her a small push, indicating for her to go sit next to him and with a grin she did just that.

She didn't look at him as she made her way to the log and sat down next to Ean, close enough that their thighs touched.  She was nervous and adorably shy at that moment but she knew that she needed to talk to him.  Later, she would call Sionn and speak to him.  She wasn't one to put things off, wanting closure with Sionn so that she could move forward with Ean, he with her and Sionn could do whatever he needed to do, so long as he was happy.  She desperately wanted that...for Sionn to be happy.

"Ean, ummmm.....I need to talk to you", she stammered out, looking into the fire.  She breathed a sigh of relief when Lizzy spoke to Lexy and had her take a walk with her, leaving Aurora and Ean alone.  She looked up at Ean, who was watching her, waiting patiently when she smelled something burning.  She looked into the fire again and yelped, "EAN!!  Your marshmallows are burning", she said with a laugh.  Once that was taken care of she turned to face him.

"When you spoke those words.....said the Sentinel vow to his squire I felt something.  It felt as if our spirits became one.  Bonded together.  I've always felt a bond with you, ever since I first saw you but it's grown stronger here.  I knew for sure when you hugged me after I'd given you the gift of the statue."  She looked up at him, smiling shyly, "I am in love with you, Ean.  It's you I want to be with, not Sionn.  He's a good man, but I am not the woman he needs and he's not the man I want and need.  I thought he was, and I think it's because he's the first I met.  And I still love him, but it's not the kind of love that will keep a relationship strong throughout everything that will come.  He will hold a special place in my heart but you have my heart, Ean.  I think you always have I just didn't know it or I was too naive to see it.  I love you, Ean....and I am in love with you."

Lilly's head was splitting and she almost wished it would just go ahead and do so.  She heard Sionn telling her that Hibiki and Torri had left to take care of something and she saw the worry and concern in his green eyes.  She raised a shaky hand to the lump on the side of her temple and grimaced at the instant pain as she touched it.  She looked back at Sionn again as he gently took her hand away from her head, telling her to just lay still.

"Aye....it doesn't feel like a wee knocker, Sionn.  It feels as if some train is ramming the inside of me head", she said sighing at the feel of the cool cloth on her head.  "I have more to learn....but taking out it's eyes, did tha' work?  Do the bloody things even have eyes?"  When she opened her eyes again, she was staring at Sionn's beautiful green eyes and then her gaze slid down to his lips.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Ean wanted to move his leg when Aurora sat beside him. He could feel the warmth of her skin right through all their clothing, but he hesitated, and then he left it where it was. He would enjoy this short moment. As she started to talk he turned and looked at her, listening with a smile. She was nervous, he could tell, but what she said after Lexy and Lizzy left was the last thing he expected to hear.

He set the charred marshmallows down and stayed silent for the longest time, simply staring at her in the quiet of the evening. The fire crackled and gave an occasional hiss as a raindrop made contact every now and again. Finally he swallowed hard and he turned his body towards her slightly, taking her hands in his own, “Aurora, I have been in love with you since the first second I placed ma’ eyes on ya… but I never thought I had a chance to hold yer wee heart in ma’ hands. Now that you have said the words… I feel unsure.”

Her eyes dropped and he spoke quickly, “I love you too!! I love you SO much… but what about Sionn? I mean… does he know yet? Have you told him?”

She shook her head and he nodded in response, “I have known Sionn a very long time, so long that I know more about him than I wish I did to be frank about it. He’s a good lad, but he does a lot that I do no agree with or could ever endorse… I knew I was in love with you when I started taking it personally… what I knew he would do to you, with you…”

His face flushed red and he smiled through his beard, “I can tell ya this Aurora, you have part of ma’ heart already, and I will be more than proud to have you as ma’ own… but I will have to know that Sionn is no longer in the picture, I will need to know that things truly are over between ya both before I can give you ma’ WHOLE heart…”

She nodded and he could see the tears forming in her eyes, he touched his finger under her chin and lifted her face up to his, and pressed his lips against hers, kissing her with all he had, every shred of love, affection and feeling he had for her was instantly transferred through the contact of their lips, and he hungrily grabbed her around the back, pulling her tightly against him. As the kiss broke after a few seconds he looked at her and laughed nervously, “Or maybe I could just give ya’ my whole heart right now, and say to hell with Sionn McGhee.”

Sionn looked at Lilly as she searched his face, he knew that look, he had seen it all too many times. He inhaled deeply and leaned back slightly, looking at her, “Lilly, I … well I know you have some of the story about me, about who I was. You are a beautiful lass, gorgeous and flawless for certain, but I can no hurt Aurora. Everything inside me is pulling me to you, to do what I think we both want to do right now… but I need to remain…”

His phone rang, he looked at it as the picture from the caller ID popped up, it was Aurora….

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10The kiss sealed it and Aurora was now more positive than before who her heart belonged to.  It was Ean's.  And her woman's intuition told her that Sionn would never be happy with someone like her.  They were so different.....too different.  She returned Ean's kiss with her own, letting her love flow from her to him before he broke it.  Her face was flushed and her lips swollen from the passionate kiss.  She knew what she had to do and with shaking hands she took out her phone and dialed Sionn's number right then and there.  

"Sionn?....Hi....Yes, everything's okay.....I...I just needed to talk to you....I know it's not a good time, but it's important."  It was then that she heard a girl's voice in the background saying that she would leave him to his call, a voice she did not recognize and her heart broke.  "I love you.....you know that.....but this time apart has made me realize that it's not the love needed to make a strong relationship.......Sionn?....are you there.....I....I have fallen in love with someone else.....yes, it's Ean.....I am so sorry."  Tears began to fall then for it was against her nature to hurt someone else, especially someone she cared for.  "Please....say something......I'm sorry, Sionn....you will always hold a place in my heart....just not the part needed to make us strong......and....and.....I don't think you would have truly been happy with me.  Not in the end.....You need someone more like you.....yes.....okay....I am so sorry."  

She hung up then and cried, burrowing her face into Ean's massive chest as she cried for hurting someone she cared about but at the same time she was relieved....relieved to have had the sense to realize who held her heart before it was too late.  "I love you, Ean.  I'm sorry I didn't see it before."

Lilly watched Sionn's face as he took the phone call and when she realized that it wasn't anything good she excused herself and went to sit in a chair on the other side of the room.  She couldn't hear everything but the looks that crossed his face told her everything.  Her heart went out to him but at the same time she felt that karma had a way of coming full circle.  If he had been as bad as he'd said he'd been then it was tit for tat that his heart now be the one getting broke.  But that didn't stop her from feeling for him and wishing that she could ease his pain she could see crossing his face.  She would wait....and if he needed her, whether it be as a friend or other, she would be there for him.  She didn't want to get her own heart broken by this Scotsman either but she also knew what she wanted.  She may never have been with a man but she wasn't that naive.  She sighed, she would just have to see how it all played out.  When he hung up the phone, she looked up at him from her chair.  

"Sionn?  Everything be okay?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:58 pm

“I need to go….”

Her words were still ringing in his ears when he tapped the “end call” button on his phone. He stared at the dead screen numb and motionless. His eyes blinked as he felt moisture gathering under the lids, “So this is what it feels like…,” he whispered the words so quietly that only he could hear them.

He heard Lilly’s voice and he turned, looking at her, raven black hair, shimmering eyes… he frowned softly and shook his head, “No, everything is no alright.”

He stood, stuffed his phone in his pocket and walked over to the window, staring out into the landscape. The water not far from the house was calm like glass and he felt Lilly walk up behind him, “She just told me that she has found someone else, she is in love with another.”

He turned and looked at Lilly, “Aurora, the lass I was telling ya about… she just left me for another lad.”

He felt a sting in his heart unlike anything he had ever experienced and he ached as if he had been run through. It was without a doubt the most miserable feeling he had ever felt, and he thought of Elizabeth, and the words he had said to her just a few weeks ago… how she told him as he apologized that he HAD broken her heart, but that hearts mend, and now she could forgive him. He clutched his chest and whispered again, “I never knew it hurt like this…”

Ean held Aurora as she sobbed, stroking her long hair and saying nothing, just allowing her the time she needed to let it out. Suddenly there were footsteps behind them and Ean turned to look, Lexy and Lizzy had returned and Lexy shook her head, “Why is it every time we leave you two alone she ends up crying?”

Lexy’s voice was half playful, but she knelt down beside Aurora and spoke, “What happened lass? Did the donkey do somethin’ again?”

Aurora laughed a small bubble as Lexy smiled in her mischievous way and looked at her with seriousness in her voice, “Because if Ean is messin’ you about again I’ll thump ‘im a good one.”

Ean sighed and spoke, “She just broke up with Sionn, give her some space Lexy. It’s not always a good time to make jokes.”

Lexy looked up at him, her face showing a small amount of pain at the jab, but she also looked at Aurora and whispered, “I am sorry sister, I didn’a mean to… Wait… you broke up with Sionn?”

Lexy looked at Elizabeth who smiled softly and looked at Ean who was doing his best to hide his mixed emotions behind his beard. Elizabeth turned back to Aurora and spoke, “So I suppose that means that you two…”

Aurora nodded and laughed as she brought her hand up to her mouth. Elizabeth reached into her pocket and produced a white handkerchief and handed it to Aurora as she smiled warmly. She cleared her throat and spoke, “Not to be out of turn, and perhaps it is too soon to say this, but Sionn will be fine, if ANY man on this planet can get over a woman rejecting him it’s Sionn McGhee.” She thought a moment looked like she was about to say more, but instead she just smiled and looked at Lexy, “I think I am ready for one of those s’mores now Lex.”

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10Aurora felt like a heel.  Here she was laughing when she'd just broke Sionn's heart and yet she would look at Ean and knew that it was how it should be.  She felt as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders and stayed next to Ean, love shining in her dark eyes as she looked up at him.  She turned to Lizzy, "Are you sure he will be okay, Lizzy?  Sionn, I mean."  She leaned into Ean, letting him know that while she was asking about Sionn, her heart belonged to him.  

She then took a s'more from Lexy and while eating it marshmallow trailed down her chin, making a sticky mess.  She started giggling as she tried to wipe it off with her fingers, only making her fingers sticky.  When Ean started laughing at her as well she took her sticky fingers and wiped them on his beard, smearing marshmallow over it and his lips as she laughed.  It felt good.

Lilly looked at Sionn, seeing the moisture glistening in his green eyes.  She stood up and walked towards him, standing in front of him but not touching him.  "Tis sorry I am, Sionn...I can only imagine how ye must hurt.  But..and maybe tis too soon to say anything like this, but considering the kiss that almost happened between us, perhaps this is how it should be.  Perhaps ye would've wound up breaking the lass' heart in the end or ye would have ended being miserable.  If ye need a friend or a shoulder, I will be here.  Ye just have to holler."  

She gave him a quick hug then and turned to walk away, knowing in her young woman's heart that this was indeed for the best.  She knew he hurt and she hurt for him, but he would heal.....and perhaps he would be more considerate of another's heart next time he wanted to get involved now that he knew what it was like to have his own heart broken.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Night gave way to morning and Ean made his way down to the kitchen. He looked out at the fire pit from the window and smiled. The place where he and his family, through his whole growing up had gathered, laughed shared and mourned now had a new and precious memory attached to it. Aurora had pledged her love to him there, and he stared at the rock he had been sitting on as if it was now holy ground.

He heard a soft shuffle and he turned around to see Lexy, wrapped in her robe, coming into the kitchen and dragging her heels as she usually did in the morning, “Ga… murnen br’ur”

Ean laughed and shook his head, “Sit Lex, I will make your coffee.”

She smiled and touched his arm. Standing up on her tip toes she kissed his cheek and walked over to the table, sitting down with a heavy ‘thump’ and looked up at him, but didn’t say a word, she only smiled thinly as if it took every ounce of her strength to do so.

As the coffee finished he brought it over with her sugar and cream. He had a cup of hot tea with milk and he sat in silence as she prepared her beverage. Lexy had an almost religious fervor for coffee, and she typically didn’t address anyone until she had her first cup. She yawned and her tasseled bed hair swung wild with the movement of her face. Ean laughed and shook his head. She looked up at him and snarled softly as she finished making up her coffee and took that first, slow, delicious sip. With a new smile she looked up at him over the rim of her cup and whispered, “Thank ya Ean… you are the only one I would let make ma’ coffee.”

He smiled and spoke with fun in his voice, “Not Lizzy?”

Lexy crinkled her nose and spoke, “Lizzy’s coffee tastes like dirty water…”

“Does it?”

The two swung their heads and Lizzy was standing in the kitchen, her snow white robe wrapped around her. She was leaning on the wall and with brows raised looked form one to the other. Lexy laughed as Lizzy tried to feign anger and finally all three laughed. Ean stood and poured Lizzy a cup of hot tea, pulled out her chair for her, and she sat, “You look a right mess Lexy.” She spoke as she looked over the brim of her cup, “Shut up sister, I do’na wan’ hear it until I have had a pot of coffee and a shower.”

Lizzy smiled and spoke, “Well… then you will’na be a mess anymore.”

Lexy looked up and her smile crept up her face, Lizzy winked and smiled back, then looked to Ean, “So, did’ja get Aurora off ta bed…?” Ean looked at her, “…alone???”

Ean’s face turned pink as a rose and Lexy almost spit out her coffee as she started laughing. It wasn’t like, quiet, reserved Elizabeth to say such things, but the mischief in her eyes this morning was running rampant. “Lizzy! Honestly!”

Lizzy laughed and spoke, “I couldn’a help myself brother. Lexy and I have been waiting our whole lives to raz ya about your girlfriend.”

Ean shook his head as he laughed and spoke, “Well I was a proper gentleman, and the details of our goodnight are no gon’ta be shared at the breakfast table.”

Both sisters looked at one another with raised eyebrows and giggled.

Sionn sat out on the porch smoking his pipe, taking in the morning air. Torri slid the door open and walked out, sitting beside him. She didn’t say a word for a long time, and neither did he. Finally she cleared her throat softly and her words had a slight air of sympathy to them, “I am sorry for what happened to you Sionn, and I am sorry about ma’ outburst a couple days a’go.”

Sionn looked over at her and nodded softly, but didn’t smile or make any other sort of gesture as he turned to look back to the coast again. She sighed softly and reached, touching his leg, “Sionn..” he turned to look at her, “Listen, I know this could no have happened at a worse time, but we do still have a job ta’do, and we will need’ya at your best when we head back out ta’day. It’s no that I don’t have sympathy for ya, I do, but we will have time to talk later… something bad happened last night.”

Sionn sat up and turned to her, “Wha?”

Torri inhaled deeply and spoke, “When Hibiki and I went to the location of his other computer, it was smashed… they know we are monitoring them, they clearly know we are about but they are also tracking us down now… it’s only a matter of time before we end up face to face with them again, and with Hibiki killing a shade we could be in the middle of a right mess Sionn.”

Sionn nodded and knocked the tabbac out of his pipe into the moist dirt, and spoke, “What does Hibiki think we should do?”

Torri looked at him and spoke, “He called his sister, she is a Gray… it will be good to have her with us… but who in bloody hell knows what we might end up facing.”

Sionn nodded his head and turned as he heard the door slide open, Lilly came walking out onto the front porch.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10Ean had walked Aurora to her room later that night after Lizzy and Lexy had already gone to bed, the two of them staying up late at the fire.  They'd talked, cuddled, kissed and talked some more.  She'd been happy with Sionn, but not like this.  This was a happiness that went soul deep and it showed in her face and dark eyes.  He'd taken her to her bedroom door, stroking her cheek softly before kissing her lovingly then opening her door for her, giving her one last kiss before telling her good night with an 'I love you' which she returned before shutting her door.  She'd slept like a baby that night, Beau next to her and Eryn chortling outside her window.  

The next morning, while Lexy sipped her coffee, Lizzy teasing Ean and Ean drinking his tea when Beau came lumbering in, a huge wolfish grin on his face.  He went straight to Ean, jumped up on the big man and gave him a quick, slobbery kiss on his cheek before getting back down on all fours and heading over to Lexy for a pat on his head.  His amber eyes twinkled as he looked at Ean and then he spoke to the big man in his head.  ~I am sorry for the pain Sionn is going through, but it had to be.  He had to learn in order for him to be good to his true soulmate.  Aurora is now complete, Ean.....you have made her complete.  She still has much to learn and to remember and it will not be easy for her....she still blames herself for Erebus' death...but your love will and patience will see her through it.  Her heart is now fully happy and full.~  With that said he turned to Lexy and licked her hand, ~All is as it should be now, Lexy.~

Aurora woke and stretched dreamily.  She smiled and realized that she was happy.  Totally happy.  She got out of bed, standing in front of the mirror and marveling at the look in her eyes.  They were sparkling.....actually sparkling.  She stood there in a pair of low rise black sweat pants and a aquamarine t-shirt.  She looked adorable with her long, dark hair tousled from sleep, her eyes soft and sparkling as she walked downstairs to the kitchen, smelling the coffee, tea and breakfast.  Her stomach rumbled as she came to the door and stopped, her eyes instantly going to Ean.  She smiled, blushing as she remembered the kisses and cuddles the night before then she walked over to where he was standing to grab a cup and fix some of the tea that he was having.  She'd become fond of it with some cream and sugar in it.  "Morning, Ean", she whispered, not having noticed Lizzy and Lexy yet, her eyes only on Ean until Beau gave a small 'woof'.  She jumped then, almost spilling her tea next to Ean as she turned to see the two women who were like sisters to her.  She blushed a bright pink, brushing back some tousled hair from her face and smiled.  "Morning you two.  Morning Beau", she said as she sipped her tea, still standing next to Ean and in no hurry to move away from him.

Lilly had showered before she joined the Sionn and Torri, looking fresh.  Her long, dark hair was still damp and hanging down to her waist in waves, she had on a pair of skinny hip hugging jeans and a black halter top that showed her belly ring with a form fitting denim jacket, her odd eyes a soft green as she looked at Sionn and gave him a small, sympathetic smile before looking at Torri and smiling at her as well.  "Morning to ye both.  How are ye, Sionn?  Is there anything I can be doing for you this morning?", she said as she headed over to fix herself a cup of Hibiki's tea that she'd decided was quite good with a drop of honey in it.  Then she saw their serious expressions and her eyes went from a soft green to a light blue, "What is it?  What be wrong and what can I be doing to help?"

She sat down and listened to what Torri had to say, remembering the day before with the rock golems and then her hand went to her right temple where a bruise had formed and was making it's way down half of her cheek.  She still had a slight headache but she was alive thanks to Sionn's care.  "What do I need to bring?  What weapons would be best for fighting things like this.....I will do whatever I can be doing to help."  Then she grinned, her eyes now changing to a dancing brown, "A good fight to an Irishwoman is no' always a bad thing", she said with a chuckle.  Then on impulse, she stood up and walked over to Sionn and gave him a friendly kiss on his cheek.  "Ye will be okay, Sionn....I can promise ye this.  The O'Neil's always told me that when something bad happened to me....there was something to be learning from it and it was up to me to be learning it.  Question is, mate....what is it ye are supposed to learn from this."  She then turned to Torri and grinned, "Is there anywhere to be practicing me throwing blades, Torri?  I want to be sure that I am prepared for whatever we are going up against."  It was clear the small woman was happy now that they'd all remembered each other and she was more than willing to do what was needed to take care of things and get things balanced the way they should be.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:19 pm

Lexy’s eyes went wide and she leaned over to Lizzy speaking in a mock whisper, but sure that Aurora would be able to hear her, “Look at her face Lizzy she’s been bitten by the Wee Folk and fallen in love with our brother.”

Lizzy suddenly feigned seriousness and leaned in, her forehead touching Lexy’s, “Aye, and I hear the McGhee’s heard a Caoineag last night,” she turned and looked at Aurora, “We may need ta’ keep an eye on this’n.”

Ean shook his head and spoke, “Alright alright you two…”

He turned to Aurora and Lexy and Lizzy started laughing together, “Sorry, we can no help it.”

Lexy jumped up and grabbed Aurora in a hug, squeezing her tightly before leaning back and speaking, “Good ta’ see ya’ this morrow sister!”

She skipped over to the stove, clearly the coffee had kicked in, and she continued to prepare breakfast. Aurora looked at Ean and he spoke, “A Caoineag is a mythical creature that wails when a tragedy has befallen a clan, only those in the clan can hear it.”

Lizzy stepped forward and spoke with a smile as she took Aurora’s hand, “And the McGhee’s befell a tremendous tragedy last evening when you left their proudest son.”

She leaned in and kissed Aurora on the cheek, leaning back she spoke again, “And the MacGregor’s obtained a gem.”

As they sat and ate the room was filled with laughter and joy. When things were done and cleaned Ean looked at the three ladies in the room, “Training in one hour… we’ve to be back to it, none of us has wielded a skill for days.”

Lexy shook her head and whispered, “Ya big Ox.”

Ean swatted her on the rear end with the dish towel he was holding and spoke as she squealed, “We’ll see how yer arms stand up to the ‘rest’ dear, little, sister.”

She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out before sprinting upstairs to change. Lizzy looked over her shoulder and stared at Ean, “You even THINK of swatting me with that thing and I will turn ya into a newt.”

Ean made a motion like he was going to and Lizzy lifter her hand, blue light crackling between her fingers. Ean pointed and spoke, “WHooooooo Grand Magus Aidan would throttle you for doing that!!”

Lizzy winked and spoke, “Magic can be used in self defense against any, even one’s brother and his mighty towel.” She winked and grabbed Aurora’s hand, whisking her upstairs so they could get ready.

Sionn looked at Lilly as she kissed his cheek, but he felt nothing but hollow in his chest. He inhaled deeply and stood up, “I’ma go for a wee walk, I’ll be back in an hour.”

Torri looked at him and he lifted his hand, wishing her to stay silent. She inhaled deeply and turned to Lilly, ignoring Sionn as he left, “Aye Lilly, come.”

The two walked around the back of the house and Torri had a series of archery targets set up for practicing. She smiled thinly and spoke, “You are welcome to use these while I practice too, we BOTH need to be ready for come what may aye?”

The two ladies practiced a while, and showed one another the basics of their weapons. Torri tried throwing knives as Lilly instructed her, and Torri did the same, showing Lilly the basics of the bow. They joked and laughed with one another as they fumbled with their counterparts respective weapons, but in the end the hour flew by and they were able to forget the seriousness of their being there for the time being.

Finally Hibiki came out of the house, his face was kind, but serious, “Druids, up the coast … two of them. We need to go now. My sister will meet us there.”

Torri grabbed her gear and spoke, “Sionn went for a walk! We need to get him!”

Hibiki nodded and spoke, “We’ll find him Torri, don’t worry, just gather your things.”

He pulled the car around and Torri arrived as he popped the trunk, she placed her large bag as well as Sionn’s in and scooted everything to make room for Lilly’s items as well, as they were getting in the car Sionn came walking back up the long drive. Hibiki yelled, “COME ON! WE NEED TO GO, NOW!”

Sionn heard the seriousness in his voice and sprinted to them, climbing into the front seat, “What’s go’n on?”

“Two Druids, they were spotted about thirty minutes form here…”

Sionn nodded, looked into the backseat where Lilly and Torri were sitting and Torri looked at him coldly, her voice echoing in his head form the words she had spoke earlier…

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10At the mention of the McGhee's tragedy Aurora struggled to keep the smile on her face, only to giggle at Lizzy's sisterly kiss and then laugh outright when she grabbed her hand and dragged her up the stairs to get ready for training her dark eyes catching Ean's as she disappeared through the door.

Once upstairs she made quick work of getting ready, donning her black soft doeskin pants and brown tank top.  She brushed out her long hair and pulled it back into a thick braid that trailed down her back to her waist.  Next was her soft doeskin boots and then she headed back downstairs and out the door to head to the training barn.  Ean was already preparing when she walked up behind him and lightly touched the middle of his back.  "I never meant for tragedy to fall on anyone, Ean", she said speaking of Sionn.  "I only know that I could no longer deny what I feel for you."  She wrapped her arms around his waist as he turned to face her, her head only coming to his chest as she looked up at him.  "Never have I been so happy as I am right now, Ean.  I feel like I am whole now....you have made me complete."  She turned then to see Beau trotting into the barn giving them both a wink before he headed over to a soft pile of hay and made himself comfortable.

Lizzy had to admit that she'd found a sisterly friend in Torri, although Torri with her throwing knives and she with Torri's bow as rather funny.  Neither were horrible at the other's weapons but neither were they good either.  When Hibiki came in and said what he did she was all business, heading to her room to strap on her handmade straps that held multiple knives.  She had criss-crossing soft, leather straps that crossed over her chest and back.  On the front straps were multiple little sheaths that held throwing knives that were no longer than her hand.  There were ten per strap.  There was a blade on each hip, the blade four inches long and the hilt two inches long and both were perfectly balanced as were all of her blades.  On either side of her boots was a boot knife, four in total about the same size as the ones in her straps.  Strapped to her back was a dual edged short sword slid into a slim sheath, the blade two and a half feet long with the hilt a foot long.  She came down stairs just as she watched Torri place her small bag of the rest of her blades in the trunk next to hers and Sionn's bags of goodies.  Her eyes were an amber color now, similar to a wolf's ready for a fight.  

She thought about her kiss to Sionn's cheek as she slid into the backseat with Torri and worried that she shouldn't have done it.  She hadn't meant it to be anything remotely romantic more like a kiss of support, letting him know that she was there for him as a friend for now.....but she knew that she wouldn't back down if he wanted more.  She would just have to guard her heart for she could see where it would be easy to lose one's heart to a man such as he.  But she also wondered if she'd not already lost it all those years ago when he'd so tenderly cared for her scraped knees when she'd just been a wee lass.  As it was right now, she shook her head telling herself that now wasn't the time to be thinking about that.  A battle was just ahead and she needed to be full into it and not split between what might be and what was going on now.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 TorriBanner

Torri sat in the back seat mentally preparing for the coming confrontation.  She detested Druids to no end but she knew she couldn’t eradicate them all.  What fun would she have then?  Life would certainly be boring as all get out then.  The only thing she could do to keep her on her toes would be to make sure Sionn didn’t lose a hair on his head from all the lassies he charmed.

There was one other thing she could do to keep herself on her toes but she diodn’t want to think of that.  It always seemed to end up ina place she dind’t want to be.  How long had it been since she last spoke to him?  Five?  Six months? A year?  Hell, she lost track.  She thought of him often and wondered how he was doing and if he was doing alright.  She worried about him when it came to his abilities.  Surely it couldn’t be all that fun for him so why should things be all that fun for her?

”Torri?  T?  Ya with me sis?”

Sionn’s voice pulled her out of her thoughts and the look she had on her face instantly changed to something unreadable then to a look of sheer determination.  Things were not going to be pleasant and she needed to get her mind back in the fray and not let it be distracted by anyting.  Not even him.  

With a  curt nod to Sionn then a glance a Hibiki as he studied her in the rear view mirror, she leveled her green eyes on his near black ones and nodded as well.

”Aye….I be with ya, brother.  Lilly and I be ready indeed.”

She saw the look that crossed Sionn’s face and recognized the concern in his matching green gaze.  It wasn’t concern of her ability to fight along side hiim and the others, it was concern for he knew the path her mind had taken for that miniscule moment in time.  Damn but she hated when he could read her so easily like that.  

As Hibiki slowed the car then finally stopped, Torri was once again focused on the task at hand.  Druids.  She had to be.  Anything less would mean death and she sure as hell was NOT going to die this day.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 The_li10Lilly stayed quiet on the ride to where the druids were, sharpening various blades as she listened to the brief conversation between the two siblings. She didn't know what was going on with Torri, but she knew what was going on with Sionn and her heart still felt for him. Oh, she knew that karma was a bitch and he was feeling the full effects of her right now, and he deserved it. But she still felt for him. She'd never had her own heart broken, but she'd seen plenty of her carnie friends get their's broken. Many a time had she'd given her shoulder to them to cry upon because one of the other carnies had used her or one of the local boys. She was in no hurry to give her own heart away and yet she couldn't deny that she felt something for Sionn McGhee. Something that made her heart skip a beat whenever she looked at him or heard his voice. She sighed, sheathing the last blade she had time to sharpen. For now.....she would be his friend. And if that was all she would ever to be to him, she would be content with that as well.

The car stopped and she got out along with Torri, looking around. "Let's go rid the Earth of a few more druids, shall we?" She grinned, twirling a blade deftly in between her fingers, the sharp edges never drawing blood from her skin as she skillfully juggled it with her fingers.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:49 am

The doors closed, the sounds muffled by the winds coming off the ocean. Hibiki looked at the others and smiled softly. It was a look of confidence and determination. A lone figure stood off to the side on a small rise in the sand, watching them. Sionn caught the movement of fabric blowing in the wind and he immediately went on the defensive. Hibiki touched him on the back and whispered, “I wouldn’t do that Sionn.”

Sionn looked at him and Hibiki smiled as he walked ahead. Sionn looked at Torri and then watched as Hibiki hurried over to the woman. They hugged briefly and then walked back to the group. He smiled as he spoke, “Torri, Lilly, Sionn… this is my sister Kimiko.”

The woman looked at them, she was clearly older than Hibiki and there was kinetic energy swirling in her eyes. Sionn and Torri had never met one of the order of the Grey, the most ancient group of wizards to ever walk the planet, but immediately they could feel the power coming from her. It was like the air was suddenly filled with static electricity. They were the smallest faction of any, but they could wield some of the most powerful magic, and they did not needed to rely on any power source like all the others, theirs was a simple, natural affinity to powerful energy and the tests they needed to pass in order to become one of The Grey killed over 50% of those who tried. Kimiko looked them over and then spoke in Japanese to Hibiki. He turned to them and translated, “She says it is an honor to meet you all, and especially to see Fara this far from their natural home.”

Sionn nodded in appreciation, as did the others, and she looked at Hibiki, speaking again in Japanese. He nodded and listened, finally turning to the rest, “She says there has been no sign of the Druids, but she has felt three small earth tremblings since she arrived only thirty minutes ago. She is certain they are magical in nature.”

Sionn looked at Torri uneasily and then back to Hibiki, “The Druids are known to use the waters and mists to shroud themselves, has she seen anything like that?”

Hibiki spoke to Kimiko and she nodded softly, pointing up the coast. About half a mile up the shoreline a thin veil of mist was coming off the water. Sionn saw Torri immediately start moving, and the rest followed. Kimiko almost seemed to float in her peach colored robes, and the rest moved with effortless grace. They came to a stop and looked around as the mist twirled softly in the wind. It was strange, the mist didn’t have the same negative feel as Torri and Sionn had experienced in the past, but it was out of place to see it there in broad, mid-day sunlight. Kimiko reached down and grabbed some of the sand and whispered words of magic, her eyes flashing in the sunlight. A soft blue glow pulsed off the sand and she turned to the others, dropping the sand to the ground, “Majikku.”

Hibiki didn’t even need to translate, they all knew what she meant and weapons were drawn. It wasn’t but three seconds when a rumble rolled under their feet and the water several hundred meters off the coast line was sucked downwards. The water all along the coast was drawn back swiftly and Hibiki’s eyes went wide as he was attempting to shout, but it was too later, the water exploded upwards and a Tsunami erupted from the sink hole, a massive wall of water rolling towards them at 80 mile per hour with no way to avoid it. Kimiko screamed words of magic and waved her hand over the group, they all suddenly found themselves on the ground, laying on their bellies, and a heaviness pressing over them as if they were being pinned down. The water flushed over them, the could see it but they did not move as whatever held them in place kept them dry and stationary. Finally the wave had passed and Sionn attempted to stand, Kimiko yelled, “NO!” and Sionn stopped trying. Suddenly the wave returned from inland, this time pulling debris with it, houses, bodies, cars, trees… anything that had been caught in it’s wake. The wave pulled back and as it left the sands two figures in black robes stood watching the five of them up on the small rise. Sionn whispered softly, “Dear God… it’s Algenon and Arawela Poe!”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:36 am

Kimiko appeared to be the embodiment of a Japan long ago.  And the power Torri felt emanating form her form was unlike anything else she felt before.  Whenever she was around The Grey she always felt inklings of their power.  Even Tae had a hum of power about him Torri felt but this….this was as though it was raw and barely controlled.  

When Kimiko indicated the area the mist was seen, Torri didn’t wait for anything else to be said.  Never one to beat around the bush, she moved in the same direction with purpose.  When they reached the area and she saw the swirling mist, she immediately had a sensation of dread fill her.  Whoever it was causing that mists, she knew it was going to be bad.

As the Tsunami rose up and began to swallow the earth, Torri gasped and felt a true fear course through her.  Of all the things she has stared down in her life, this was by far the worst.  And to see it rushing towards her at such a blinding speed was as though she were watching a horrific storyline unfold before her.  Only….it was no story she was reading and the reality of it was like an ice cold slap in the face.

As she placed her prone body on the ground like the others, the weight of the spell Kimiko used on them caused her to grit her teeth as she watched the water rush over them.  And just when Sionn moved to stand, she reached for him to drag him back down with her as Kimiko screamed at him.  She was unable to speak because of the pressure she felt but her gaze spoke everything for her.  Dread, concern, loathing and last but not least, a brief flicker of fear.  

As the wave washed back out to sea carrying its twisted, distorted, and gruesome contents with it, she wanted to close her eyes from the horror of it all but she couldn’t.  This…..this was why she was the way she was.  Death and destruction touched everything in her life.  If she didn’t witness it like she was now, she caused it.  It was the nature of who and what she was.  It couldn’t be stopped and it couldn’t be helped.  It simply was the way it had to be.  And she accepted that.  But it didn’t mean she had to like it.

When the wave was finally done, she felt the weight of the spell lifted as they all stood and observed the destruction that surrounded them, they head Sionn’s gasp and turned to look in the direction his gaze was fixed.  She was wrong.  It could get worse….and it just got way worse than she could ever imagine.  Arawela by herself was bad enough…..but with the crazed and wild Algernon with her…..they were in a shit ton of trouble now.  It would take all they had to defeat them and at least drive them away from the area.  

If they survived to do it.

She glanced at Sionn then to the others and clenched her jaw.  

”I love ye, brother.”

With that, she started making her way through the strewn debris and bodies in her path towards the ominous pair.  It was time.  Time to do what she had been trained from birth to do.  

Maintain balance.

As Torri walked, she began to chant softly to herself.  She had to use what spells she knew, even her most draining ones, if there was any way to ensure she and the others would make it out of this fray alive.  She felt the seaweed, trees and braches all around her that still pulsed with life and she called upon them all to aid her and the others.  As she chanted, she carefully drew an arrow and instead of aiming it at her opponents, she aimed it high into the air so that it would make a high arch before it landed into the littered ground.

As soon as it thudded into the ground, the earth began to tremor and shake.    The debris sodden ground suddenly heaved up before her to the right and the plants and earth that were nearby formed a being.  A huge tree with a splintered truck formed the main body of the beast while other plants and shrubs made the limbs it stood on and used as arms and hands.  It made no sound other than the creaking of wood and the gnashing of limbs as it began to take shape.  Seaweed and other vine like plants dangled from its body and limbs and it faced the two druids with unseen eyes.  At least now the odds would be semi even and the distractions would give the five of them time to engage the druids.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Treegolem

Last edited by RPMistress on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10Aurora trained all day that day, Ean not showing her an ounce of leniency.  Never once did she complain.  By three that afternoon though she was barely able to stand, swaying from exhaustion.  She knew the reason he trained her so hard....he wanted her to be able to defend herself the next time Arawela showed up.  

When he called it quits she was breathing heavily, her body drenched in sweat making her clothing cling to her slim form.  She didn't say a word to him as she limped to the house, hearing Lexy scolding her brother for pushing Aurora so hard.  She wanted to smile but was too tired and by the time she made it to the door and entered the house she felt as if she wouldn't make it up to the bathroom and to the tub that she would fill with hot water.  She smiled at Lizzy sitting in her chair reading as she stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked up, not wanting to climb them but knowing that she had to in order to get to that wonderful tub.  

Lilly couldn't breathe, the weight of whatever was holding her down making her feel as if she were suffocating.  She looked up to see the houses tumbling over them, seeing faces in some of the windows, knowing that they wouldn't survive.  Tears flowed down her cheeks at the feeling of helplessness....that she could do nothing to help them.  She saw Sionn begin to stand, heard Kimiko yell at him only to see him lay back down.  She'd never met anyone like Kimiko before and was more than a little intimidated by the power she felt rolling off the beautiful Japanese woman.  

When it was over and they were all able to stand, she looked out and heard Torri's muttering about who the two druids were standing in the distance.  She recognized Arawela, but didn't know who the older man was only that he was greatly hated from the tone of Torri's voice.  When Torri told Sionn that she loved him and then headed towards the two druids, chanting Lilly was in awe by what she witnessed Torri doing.  She'd never seen anything like it in her life and once Torri was finished chanting and saw the creature form she began to walk towards Torri, catching up to her and standing next to her, a blade in each hand, ready to stand with her and the others against the two druids.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 3:42 pm

As Sionn watched Torri he shook his head, but knew nothing would stop her, however what she did was beyond his own thoughts. He ran up, seeing her weakened by the spells she had cast and the golem she had created. He got up to her to support her. Kimiko and Hibiki came up swiftly, and Kimiko touched Sionn, her eyes were like blazed bronze and she gently separated him from Torri. She looked at Torri and there was an amount of respect in her face for what she had just witnessed the Fara do. She dipped her finger into a small pouch that hung off her belt and streaked a shimmering golden powder across Torri’s forehead and spoke some magical words, Torri’s strength returned almost immediately and she felt as if she had rested for days, she leaned forward and whispered, “You will need your strength… may balance guide you.”

The golem started moving towards the two Druids, the ground thundering with it’s steps but the two, father and daughter stood without moving. Algenon leaned into Arawela and was clearly speaking to her, she smiled softly and looked up at the five warriors, disappearing in a cloud of black smoke. Algenon then started in a dead sprint towards the golem. His face was ferocious like a lion about to kill his prey, his eyes focused on the beast.

Suddenly Hibiki was blown to the ground, Kimiko spun as did the others. Hibiki was twisted and choking from seaweed and mud tendrils that were curling over his body like a snake. Arawela looked at the other four and hissed, “Move and he’s dead!”

Kimiko stared hard at Arawela and spoke, “He would gladly die to maintain Earths balance!”

With that, she flung powder into the air and hissed magical words, the moisture all around Arawela flash boiled and the Druidess screamed in pain as her skin was prickled from the heat. The spell on Hibiki was immediately released as she could no longer maintain it and he scrambled to his feet, drawing swords and charging towards her, Sionn and Lilly were right with him and as Torri drew back an arrow Kimiko reached over and touched her bow, rubbing a long streak of the golden power down the bottom limb, she whispered but the words were clear in Torri’s mind, “Shoot the father.”

Torri looked at her but Kimiko was already in motion, running behind her brother.

As Lexy berated Ean he looked sternly at her, “She needs to know how to maintain for a day, that is the code!”

Lexy looked at him and spoke, “She is still new to it Ean, two months is all, she can no be pressed so hard!”

Ean looked at her and whispered with a smile, “She’s tougher than ya think.”

Lexy softened and spoke, “I know she is tough Ean, but don’a overdo it.”

Ean smiled and spoke, “I didn’a.”

He started cleaning up the training area and Lexy suddenly realized, half-smiling and heading back to the house.

Lizzy looked up at Aurora who was contemplating the steps and stood from her reading, walking over she put her arm around her and spoke, “Come.”

She helped her up the stairs and then slipped a small silk bag into her palm, “Sprinkle a wee touch of this into your bath water, it pulls the toxins from your body, tomorrow you’ll feel right as the rain.”

With a smile Lizzy walked out the door and closed it behind her.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Torri was certain she would miss the fray as the energy her spells drained from her was more taxing than she had ever realized. In fact, she was wondering if she had done the wrong thing but her gut told her she hadn’t. She would have gladly died if that was the cost of her spell.

As she felt Kimiko touch her forehead and her energy return, she offered a mumbled thanks to The Grey and was about to charge into the fray once more when Hibiki was attacked. How Torri hated that Poe with a passion. She could envision a bolt from her arrow piercing the woman’s skull clean through and protruding out the other side. While others would have aimed for the heart, Torri preferred the skull. You had to have a heart to begin with to pierce it and Torri was certain Arawela had no such organ in her body.

AS Kimiko used her magic on the hated female, Torri focused on Algernon and pulled a bolt from her supply and notched her bow. Pulling the string back and feeling the fletch tickle her cheek, she was about to let it fly when she felt The Grey’s gentle touch. Not even looking to see what she was doing. Torri felt the magic pulsating through her shaft and into her bow and into herself letting her know The Gray had done something.

As Torri heard Kimiko’s soft words, she drew a bead on Algernon as he charge, full steam, towards the Golem she had created. Without further hesitation, Torri’s bolt was released from the bow and as she watched it sail through the air towards Algernon, she quickly drew another bolt and with notching it, firing it again at Algernon, with a blur like speed, she took up an offensive position a little further back from the others to allow herself the distance she needed for her beloved weapon.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Algenon was moving with unnatural speed and slid in the sand his hand scooped through the air and he waved magic like a dark purple arc. A massive wall of sand blew up in front of him and burst over the top of the earth golem, pushing it to the ground and onto its back. He began to step when the first arrow struck him in the side just above the hip. He growled and reached, grabbing the shaft to snap it, but the magic within it caused his hand to burst into flame, he howled and thrust his hand into the cold, soaking wet sand below his feet and looked up at Torri with hatred. The second arrow whizzed over his head as he was no longer standing and struck the sand behind him. He turned and looked at the arrow and waved his other hand towards it. The arrow flicked and floated over to him. He looked at it and growled as he waved his hand over the shaft. The blue glow of magic pulsed a split second and he looked up at Torri with a maniacal smile.

He reached into his pouches and removed what looked like a rotten lemon and stuck it on the front of the broad head and flicked his finger, the arrow took off like a shot towards Torri leaving a hissing, black line of vapor behind it.

Arawela laughed as the four approached and she waved her hand, a burst of dark energy ripped through the air and smelled like foul mud. Kimiko waved her hand in return and the energy exploded like glass, vaporizing almost immediately. Arawela then kicked mud off the sodden ground into the air and hissed, the mud erupted all around her and began to swirl like a violent tornado. Sionn reached and grabbed the moisture form the air, freezing the mud as it twisted. The violent cracking and shattering sound as the now frozen attempted to continue its momentum sounded like a canon going off and shards of ice exploded in all directions. Sionn grabbed Lilly and landed on top of her as he took her to the ground, a massive chunk of icy mud flying right where her mid section had just been. He looked down at her and whispered, “Sorry ‘bout that.”

Hibiki arrived first and his sword tore through the frozen mud, hitting nothing but hollow air within. Arawela was not where she had been standing only a millisecond before. The all got back to back and looked for her. Suddenly hundreds upon hundreds of flies of all varieties came swarming off the ground, biting and spitting onto the four of them, their saliva like acid causing painful pricks on the skin. Arawelas soft laugh could be heard echoing around them as the deafening sound of the flies increased.

Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Dietrich_zps57091a19
One eye.... nothing... again?...Nothing. He moved a finger slowly the dull aches running through him as he had been a rag doll within this room when the roaring had picked up a nice coastal visit the elder had said. Another finger... He must have divined it from those damn stones of his.

"Damn magicka." He tried again with the eyes a lid lifted he tried the second it was dark he wondered if the damn house was sinking into the abyss he would love that a dark end to his dark blood. "No." He couldn't allow it to be as he opened the other the darkness was becoming less abyssal as he finally heard more than just the roar of the event but the deep booms outside. He tried to stand his chest was pinned his legs wiggling he gave a curse in ancient slavic as he took a calming breath. " 'ne little beam and it has me pinned like a rat." As he strained his arms hard feeling something dig into his side his own hatchet. "Marvelous."

He heard the cracking of wood believing it the house coming ontop of him and the shattering of what seemed glass he sniffed the sea air he caught the one scent he hated.... burnt ozone and a Sulphur like quality he caught when picking up magick he tried again the beam shifted as he sat up the interior was a mess. "Is this all thats left?" He tried to stand but only managed to his knees when he noticed his Ancestors axe buried mere inches from where his head had lain. "Thor's Will tells me to continue the war." Making this assumption up to himself as he placed his hand round the heavy leather binded handle feeling its touch as he smiled using the haft as a support he pushed himself up to his feet with a bellow of will as he believed himself blessed.

"Odin's wisdom would have me stay but Loki's mischief would be left undone so I go to find my Jörmungandr to see if Thor's blessing renders me." Chuckling at the Viking ideology it kept him ignorant of the peppered wood shards in his left legs and the long gaping wound in his forearm from his own hatchet he would continue to smile for his Ancestors as he reached the door of the broken down home seeing activity outside he hefted the axe back for the swing.

It splintered well as would a door that had been thrown about in a Tsunami and his sight drank in the scene maybe he was a little early for Ragnarok as his feet stepped into the soft wet sand. Too wet for Ragnarok as he saw the water, ice and mud flying places as he tilted his head his eyes narrowing. "Druids?" As if questioning the madness as he span the axe hefted on his shoulder he took a deep breath of air happy to feel the breeze than be drowning a bad death one found it difficult to perform burial rights for the trip to Asgard.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 am

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 The_li10Lilly landed with a 'thud' beneath Sionn, the breath being knocked from her lungs.  She gave him a smile at his apology then rose when he got off of her.  As he walked away from her to get back into the fray she looked down and saw the growing stain at her side with a thin, jagged piece of muddy ice was sticking out of her side.  It wasn't overly large, rather thin...maybe about an inch in diameter but when she pulled it out, biting her lip to keep from crying out, it was about six inches long and had pierced her in the meaty part of her side.  Luckily it had missed any vital organs but the wound was filled with mud and bleeding pretty good.  She ignored the pain and blood and headed towards the rest of them, pulling blades free when the insects flew in.  She'd just made it to the others when that happened and it was her worst nightmare come to life.

Her blades were forgotten as she dropped them, swatting at the flying insects as they bit at her when she felt them at her wound.  Looking down she saw that the hole in her shirt was covered by biting flies as they were working their way into her wound, their acidic saliva melting her shirt around the wound.  She screamed in complete terror and pain, clawing at the wound, making it bigger as she tried to keep the insects from entering through the small but deep, bloody hole made by the long, thin piece of mud ice.

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Indian10

Aurora smiled a thanks to Lizzy, taking the silk bag as Lizzy closed the bathroom door behind her.  She ran the water, making it hot and sprinkling the powder into the water.  The scent of rosemary and lavender began to fill the bathroom and she breathed it the relaxing scents.  She stripped down, wincing at the bruises that were becoming visible along her ribcage from some of the hits she'd taken from Ean.  She wondered if he'd realized how hard he was striking and decided to keep it to herself.  He was trying to teach her and she had to be able to take the hits.  

She sighed out as she lowered herself into the large tub, feeling the hot water lap around her sore body as she totally submerged herself under, coming up as she pushed her long hair back away from her face.  She washed her hair, rinsing it and decided to wash her body after a bit...for now she just wanted to soak.  It wasn't long before she was sound asleep in the tub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment    Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 7 - The Enigma Ascertainment
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: