Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh   Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:17 am

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Indian10Aurora's face, especially her eyes showed her hurt at Sionn's and Torri's words. Especially Sionn's. A tear slid down her cheek when Sionn stormed from the room, Beau growling after him but not leaving Aurora's side. She bowed her head, suddenly feeling mentally and emotionally drained. When Annette sat down across from her, she slowly raised her head to her. It was then that she pulled the stone from her pocket and laid it on the table. She'd all but forgotten about it.

"Erebus gave me this. He bespelled it, saying that I could come visit him anytime I wished. All I had to do was speak into the stone and say "Erebus, I wish to visit your home" and I would be welcome no matter what time of the day or night. I have told you everything" Her voice was barely a whisper as she spoke, the hurt in her tone was deafening. When Erich came back with her quiver, the real quiver she took it, holding it close to her chest as silent tears fell down her golden cheeks. When she turned her stricken eyes to Annette again her voice shook, "I wish to go home. Torri is right....and Sionn is right." She'd mistaken his words of what she and he had done for him meaning her and maybe Erebus. "I have done nothing but cause him harm since we met. I am not special....I am not even strong enough to be the bearer of the bow." She rose from the table, suddenly feeling very defeated. She didn't know who to trust....who to believe. She was indeed naive, wanting to see the good in everyone.

She laid the quiver on the table next to the bow and fake quiver of arrows, "I am going for a walk, Annette. When I return I will pack my things. If you would be so kind as to arrange my flight home I would so appreciate it." With that said, the tears still falling she walked out the door to walk along the cliffs. The wind had picked up and it was clear that there was a storm coming but she found that she welcomed it. Beau walked by her side, whining every now and then, feeling the depth of her pain and knowing that there was nothing he could do to help her this time. Eryn stayed at the house, the winds keeping her from flying. Instead she stayed outside a window at the room where Sionn and Torri were, glaring at both of them, her golden eyes fierce.

Aurora walked along the cliffs, hearing the water crash against the rocks below. The wind had picked up in it's ferocity, whipping her long, dark hair around her face. She'd not put on a coat or anything, only wearing the shirt, jeans and boots that she'd been taken in. She crossed her arms over her chest, starting to feel the damp chill through her clothes. Beau began pushing on her, trying to get her to turn around but she wouldn't have it.

When she did stop, she wiped the tears from her cheeks and turned, seeing the house in the far distance, realizing that she'd been walking for some time. Sighing, she knew she needed to head back. Her hair was now soaked as it had begun to rain and she was chilled to the bone. "Come on, Beau. I have packing to do." Beau growled at her at her words, knowing that she was making a mistake by leaving here. He knew that if she left, she would be vulnerable. Easy to take as she had no idea how to use her abilities. But he also knew that she'd never felt hurt like this before and he knew how stubborn she could become. Right now, he could bite Sionn McGhee's ass for not standing by her when she needed him most.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh   Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Indian10Aurora walked slowly, not in a hurry to return to the McGhee house.  Even though she was wet, cold and beginning to feel very miserable she was still slow to return.  She walked by the deep scar in the peat and shuddered, suddenly feeling the Earth's tears and pain.  She fell to her knees next to the deepest part and cried.  Beau never left her side, lending her his warmth and comfort as she wrapped her arms around his massive neck and cried her heart out.  He didn't make a sound, not even when he heard Eryn's distant cry as they were still some distance from the house.  She too could feel Aurora's pain.  

Long minutes later, she wiped her eyes, actually feeling a little better as she rose to her feet, giving Beau a sad smile.  "There is one thing I need to do before we head home.  Torri is going to get a piece of mind." To herself she wondered if Sionn would give her a reason to stay.
 Beau woofed his approval, glad to see some spark back in her dark eyes as they continued to the house.  He still saw the deep pain and he worried about how much she had changed since she'd left their mountain home.  She'd been a happy young woman when they'd left, ready for her adventure.  Now he saw a different person.  Now he saw a person who had been shown the ugliness of the world and didn't know what to do.  He also saw a young woman in love and getting hurt by the very person she loved.  He didn't trust the druid, Erebus, anymore than the McGhee's did, but he hoped that they realized that if they weren't careful they would push Aurora into the home of the very person they were trying to protect her from.  Her main fault was her innocence and her need to see the good in people.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh   Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 am

Erich met Aurora as she came to the door. He smiled softly, a fatherly sort of smile. She didn’t say anything as she passed, and he in turn remained silent for her sake. As the wolf looked at him he nodded in a knowing way, and as both of them passed him he followed them into the comfortable common area beside the kitchen.

Annette was sitting at the table, looking out the window and turned as Aurora entered. She too took notice of the wolf and the way it looked at her. She was stoic in her returned glance, her eyes knowing and full of wisdom. The wolf seemed upset at her, with a human like emotional gaze. She knew there was much more to the beasties then Aurora or even they let on, however she was the Chief of the Stormborn Clan, and through her magic she saw much more than most would allow her to on their own. She had allowed the animals into her house without questioning it, but she was not appreciative of the gaze of judgment being wrought on her and her family in her own home.

She looked up from Beau to Aurora and spoke softly, “I have done as ya’ asked of me lass, our jet will take ya to the States, and a car will be here in an hour.”

Aurora looked at her and Annette continued before she had a chance to respond, “As long as ya go knowing that we did no ask ya too, you are welcome in our home…” she looked at Eryn perched in the large window and then to Beau before looking back at Aurora, “All of ye.”

Her face was not angry, but she was certainly not pleased. With that she stood and wrapped her woolen shawl around her shoulders before walking form the room. Erich cleared his throat and Aurora turned to look at him, “I have retrieved your quiver lass, there it is, set there.”

He motioned to the table and sure enough her quiver, bow and arrows were set there waiting for her. He continued, “I just want ya to know lass, there are deep, historical strings that connect all the clans and factions, some so deep and wound so tightly that we can no help ourselves sometimes from feeling deeply about them. We are Stormborn, but we are no emotionless.”

He smiled softly and patted her on the shoulder, “I wish ya a safe journey, and if you ever have questions about those artifacts…,” He handed her a small envelope. Inside was a phone number, a number she could only assume was his. With that he turned and left the room, leaving her alone with her beasties.

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 SionnBanner

As Aurora made her way upstairs she could hear someone in her room. Upon entering, Sionn was sitting on the chair beside the bed. He looked up at her, his face still bore the look of seriousness that he had in the kitchen before he had been asked to leave. As she stepped in and Beau looked looked at him with anger he let out a long exhalation of breath before speaking, “So long as you and your beasties won’t trust me or my family, this is no going to work. I could tell by the look on your face downstairs, the same look ya have on your face now, that ya were hurt by what T and I said. In turn your lack of trust towards our wisdom, knowledge and experience is equally painful lass.”

He looked down at Beau and spoke directly to the wolf, “I was especially surprised by how fast you turned on me beastie, especially after the thoughts we shared with one another. Would ya rather that I spoke lies simply for the sake of her feelings? Or should I no give her the respect of telling her the truth, the truth about how I really feel regarding her safety and where abouts?”

He looked back up at Aurora and spoke, “I know you wish to leave, mother informed us while you were walking in the rain… to it then.”

He gave one last quick look at her and Beau, and left the room so as to not stand in her way any longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: ~!   Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Indian10Aurora grew angrier with each work Sionn spoke to her and to Beau. When he turned and walked away she saw red. Before he had the door shut behind him she spoke.

"You have no clue, do you? You and your sister have had training in everything....fighting, dealing with the ugliness of the world.....MAGICK!! You knew what to expect out here", this last was said with a shaky voice. Her dark eyes were hurt and angry, her cheeks flushed. "Torri degrades me every chance she gets....instead of helping me learn. You don't even stop her...you don't even try! I have no idea what is happening to me! Do you know how I feel?! I am terrified! I am scared to death of what's out there....what is waiting for me! I wasn't prepared for what was out here the way you and your sister were." Her voice now dipped down to a whisper, "I don't want to leave, Sionn. I don't want to leave you, but I feel like I am more of a hinderance than any help. But I do know this....I would rather be naive and foolish then cold hearted and closed minded like Torri." She took in a deep breath then and let it out slowly. "You talk about how hurt you are by me not trusting your family's wisdom, knowledge and experience. What about not trusting me? I am anywhere close to having the experience you have but I know what I feel. I know what my instincts tell me. But that means nothing. That hurts in volumes." This was said with tears trailing down her cheeks. "I thought you had feelings for me, Sionn. But that is something else I know nothing about as well. I know what I feel about you, though. Should I not trust my instincts on that as well?"

She stood there, looking at him, waiting for him to reply. Waiting for him to either come to her or walk away. She was smart enough to know what Beau knew...she was vulnerable if she left but at the same time she did have some pride and she wasn't going to stay where she was a burden to all around her the way Torri kept insinuating.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh   Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 SionnBanner

He stopped and listened, saying nothing until she was done. Looking to the wolf and then back to Aurora he remained calm and composed though his eyes reflected the pain he was feeling at her words, "You are right, we have been raised in the manners of who and what we are, but it is not my fault that those who raised you chose to hide it from you. You can say what you want, feel what you want, act how you wish, but you can not ever put it on me that your family didn't prepare you the way mine did."

"You are certainly wrong in my not trusting you however, I have shown you nothing but trust, and patience. I risked my life for you, brought you to my protected ancestral home, and allowed you more access to myself than I have allowed anyone. I don't know how else you expect me to show you that I do in fact have feelings for you, but if you are fixed on setting the bar so high, perhaps the problem is not you... but me."

She would see it then, he was in fact telling her the truth about himself. He had made himself vulnerable and opened himself to her, but it was not enough that he had allowed that sort of intimacy, something he had never given to another. He inhaled deeply and spoke again, "As for your words about my sister... that is much deeper than I could explain in a minute, or an hour, or a day, or even a year. She is more than my sister..."

He stopped himself and closed his eyes tightly, he calmed himself and allowed his deep breathes to center himself. As he opened his eyes again he looked directly at her, "The choice is yours lass, not mine, not T's, not mum or da's... T and I were raised in a home that allowed choice, and the choice truly is yours."

He reached into his pocket and set the stone she had left with Annette onto a small side table beside the door. He looked at it and spoke, "Ma wouldn't even touch it, the druidic magic within was so strong that she dared not allow it to touch her skin."

He looked up at her and continued, "I will not beg you to stay, and I will not ask you to leave, that is not my place, and it is certainly not who I am to make someone do something they don't want to."

He turned around and walked out of the room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh   Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Indian10Aurora watched Sionn walk out of the room and then stared at the stone that Annette wouldn't touch. Was she wrong? Could she have been so deceived by someone? Her slim body began to shake as she began to see the truth of Sionn's words. The animals spirits within her....the bear, the badger and the eagle began to stir her emotions were in such turmoil. Even Beau stepped back, suddenly unsure as to where this was leading. Never had he seen Aurora in such a state.

Aurora just stared at the stone, tears falling as Torri's words now flew through her mind and then she saw Erebus and his kindness. His supposed kindness. When she turned her eyes to Beau they were so dark they almost looked black and the pain and confusion in them all but jumped out at him. Again, he took a step back. ~Sionn...I think you had better get back up here. Even I do not know what is happening to her~, he mindspoke to the young man who was now downstairs. Outside, Eryn gave a cry of distress and where the bow, quiver and arrows had been left on the main table began to pulse an odd light.

Everything that had happened to Aurora since she'd left her home rushed through her head, her first encounter with evil where she'd been burned, meeting Sionn, Torri's constant verbal attacks, Arawela, Erebus...all of it. The wind around her began to stir within the small guest room and she screamed. It was a sound of such heartache that Beau could do nothing but howl with her. The stone began to pulse itself and she walked to it, picking it up and staring into it. "You lied to me! You betrayed me! You acted as if you were a friend and I almost turned my back completely on those who are true to me!" The animals spirits within her rose then in her heartache at such a betrayal and when one would look at her they would see the silouhettes of the animals circling her.

Beau had never seen anything like this before.....her three animal spirits were protecting her....and if he didn't know better they were going to attack the druids using the stone. But just as fast, Aurora picked up the stone and ran from the room, the spirits swirling around her. ~SIONN!! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING! I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE!~ She ran down the stairs, through the house and out the door, all but a blur as she used the Eagle's speed. Once outside, she didn't stop and one would think she was going to throw herself from the cliffs but she stopped just short, her toes hanging over the edge. She brought her arm back with the stone in her small fist and said words she didn't know she knew, the stone burning in her hand when she threw it over the edge and into the frigid waters crashing against the craggy rocks. She stood there, swaying as the wind died down suddenly drained and very close to the edge of the cliffs. The inside of her right hand bore the burn of the stone, smoldering from the intensity of it, but it was if she didn't feel it. The spirit animals slowed in their circling and one by one they disappeared back into her to be one with her again.

She took a step back and turned around, her face now pale, her lips having a bluish tint. Eryn circled above her, then landed nearby when Aurora collapsed, precariously close to the edge. But her choice had been made. She was staying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh   Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 4 - Alba an Aigh
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: