Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 ErebusBanner

Erebus shrugged softly and tucked the book back into his vest which seemed to swallow it so that it disappeared from existence. Taking another sip of his scotch he looked at her plainly as she inquired about their ability to keep track of her, "The truth is Aurora, our families, yours and mine, go back to 1215 when we first had contact with one another. Do you by chance know the name Yelu Zhucai?"

She looked at him blankly and he nodded, "I am not surprised as he is a distant relative of mine, not yours. That notwithstanding he was a master of sociology, mathematics, herbalism, the works. In short he was a very brilliant and dedicated mind in his time, and he lived in Zhingdu, a city that was sieged and conquered by our relative Ghenghis Khan. You see, Ghenghis was a brilliant tactitioner and the most accomplished military expansionist in Earth's history, to this day none have controlled as much territory nor invented as many new techniques for conducting warfare, and they did it together, Ghenghis as the leader, Yelu as the inventor and advisor. Now, with that said I am not suggesting we go to war, not in the least, but what does fascinate me is here was a man, a man whom you are related to, who controlled that bow, and with the help of someone from my family, they were able to accomplish many great deeds together. I am merely a student of history, fascinated by it's cyclical nature, and here we are, two individuals, with mutual history in our past, sitting on the verge of a new age. Together we can accomplish what the world has always sought, we can bring peace."

He leaned back in his chair, his face was not showing a hint of dishonesty or deceit. His eyes showed honesty and sincerity. He leaned forward and whispered, "I am sure the question rattling through your mind is, 'how could one who wants peace have a niece that is such a war monger, a blood thirsty, violent spirit' ... well the answer is simple, she is quite literally insane. We do our best to keep it quiet, it would be a blight on a prestigious and powerful family. In that vein, allow me please to offer an apology from the House of Raven on her behalf. As I said earlier my intent was not for our meeting to come about as such, I honestly did what I did because I feared for her life... for MY life. She did what she did on her own accord, without our knowledge or consent, in fact you might have even heard me tell her as much in the cemetery. She is foolish, hard headed and rash in her dealings with a world that has shunned her and belittled her for her mental sickness."

He inhaled deeply and leaned back as he shut his eyes, a thin tear appeared and when he opened them again she would see that they were full of moisture, his voice quivered, "I know, I am harsh with her, but after so many years we have found it is the only thing she responds to... believe me when I say I don't enjoy it in the least, but it snaps her back to her normal self, and I only employe as much force as necessary to get her back. I love my niece, with all my heart, I only want the best for her, for House Raven! We have a proud history, and we wish only to fulfill the goal of the nine factions, to see the world ushered into an age of peace and prosperity where all the nations can look to one another as brothers and sisters, not enemies."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora listened intently to what he was telling her, knowing some of the story he was telling her. The only problem was she didn't believe for a second that he wanted peace but she was very careful not to show it. "You speak as if we are related yet that is not the case. You speak of peace, yet you do not do what is necessary to contain your niece behind locked doors. I know of mind sickness somewhat and there are herbal medicines that can help even for those of us who are different. Why have you not gone to those?" She was studying him, watching closely at the supposed true tear that slid down his cheek, sympathy showing in her dark eyes even though she did not feel it. "I am sorry that you have to bear this burden but because she has a mind sickness that would make her your responsibility as you have taken her into your care."

She was dodging her history lesson, unsure as to what to believe from him. She felt it was safer to concentrate perhaps, on Arawela instead.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:48 am

He cleared his throat and leaned forward, "I did not mean to imply we are related, we are in fact, not related it all. What I meant to say was there was a chance meeting that lead to an amazing history. Two great people came together by fates design and were able to accomplish great things as a result. I don't believe in chance meetings, and I don't believe that we are sitting here by coincidence."

He listened and showed an interest in her words as she spoke of there being herbal medications that could be used for his niece, "I have never heard of these medicines, we have tried the things perscribed by American Doctors, but if you know of anything that might help her I would be more than willing to hear you out on that matter. To suggest that I don't know how to contain my niece behind locked doors however is a little interesting in that you have not been here the eighteen years that I have where we have done everything we know to do for her. It is rather assumptive of you to make that leap and judge based on knowing none of the history that makes up her life. You judge her and myself based on what you know from a short conversation rather than having lived with the daily grief of attempting to help her... "

He leaned back once again and inhaled deeply as he pondered her words, the silence between them lingering like a strange beast waiting for an opportunity to strike. Finally he looked up and spoke, "It seems to me that this is more than you were willing to take in for one day and at the point we have degraded the conversation into a pointing match is an indicator that our limit has been reached. Today things started bad and progressed into something worse, I recognize that. If you wish to leave know that you can at your own leisure, you are not a prisoner, in fact I will even call a car service to come get you."

He stood and walked over to the picture of Edgar Allen and stared into the paintings eyes, "He had a vision you know, a desire to see our ancient house propelled into a place of greatness, for the commonwealth of all."

Without turning back to Aurora he spoke before leaving the room, "Should you require transportation to leave this evening send Kelly or Heidi to me and I will see that a car arrives to take you where ever you need to go."

He walked out of the room, disappearing into one of the many hallways that lead out of the study they had been sitting in.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora nodded her head at his words on her judgement. "You are right, Mr. Poe and I owe you an apology. I had no right to assume that you have not taken care of Arawela in a proper manner as I do not know what has gone on the past eighteen years. For that, I am sorry." She thought hard about what he'd said about her not being a prisoner and that he'd call a car service. Could she trust his word? She had a feeling that there was more to his offer than just simple common courtesy. Yet..she wanted badly to get back to Sionn and make sure that he was okay for herself.

As he disappeared, she looked around her, wondering how much of what he'd told her was truth and how much was half truths. She didn't know how long she sat there, pondering what to do. If she stayed, perhaps she could learn more....but she knew that she wasn't as experienced as the twins when it came to this type of thing. She was probably better off to return.

"Kelly...would you please let Mr. Poe that I wish to speak with him."

Upon his return, she smiled at him, "Mr. Poe. You have given me much to think about...and much to question and research myself. As much as you have shown me kindness in your home, I do wish to leave."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:51 am

Kelly returned with Erebus and Aurora spoke to him. There was a clear look of disappointment on his face but just as he said he would do, He reached into vest and removed his iPhone, asked Siri for the number of a car service and called. He hung up and looked at her, "As much as it saddens me that you have decided to leave I gave you my word, and as such I will honor it. I would like to say however that I hope this isn't our last civil meeting. I know you have taken to the McGhee's, they are a long standing family as well and connected to a House which has often times been at odds with ours. This discontent with one another has a history, just like the connection between our own families. All I would ask is that before you make judgement on us in the future, because I am certain when you are back in their ranks they will discuss us and how 'evil' we are, that you would at least allow me to share our side of the story before making a decision. Just because we practice magic arts that are misunderstood by the rest of the world doesn't automatically make us evil."

He looked at her and flashed a soft smile, "Here is my contact information should you ever need to talk."

He handed her a card with only his name and number on it. When Aurora looked up they were standing outside the heavy iron gate that separated the House of Raven from the rest of the world. It's gates was intricate and beautiful, yet gothic and dark in it's imagery of Raven's looking out at anyone who might approach. He stood in silence as they waited for the car service to arrive. When it finally did he stepped forward and opened the door for her personally and with a nod he spoke, "Be Well Aurora Jameson, it was a pleasure having you in our home, I hope next time the coming to will be more cordial."

He smiled and waited until she was in before closing the door. The African-American gentlemen in the drivers seat was enamored with the gate and looked from it to Erebus, "Wow, look at that gate will ya? I have been by here a few times over the years but I never stopped at this place so I never saw that gate! Crazy!" He turned around an flashed her a toothy smile and spoke as he touched the brim of his hat, "So where to Ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 pm

]Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 RhainBanner

Rhain blinked as everything seemed to happen at once. Sionn was slammed into the pavement and then struck down. The dark, deep voice spoke to them out of nowhere and then Aurora disappeared with the crazy woman and the dark man. This was all turning into quite a lot and had Rhain been at home in Scotland, his first reaction would be to book it straight back into the woods with his solace and safety. Of course, he'd never really bonded with anyone before. Fleeing wouldn't be an option now, even if they were all in his home country. As soon as the dark people were gone, Rhain dropped to Sionn's side with Torri. Immediately, he felt Sionn's pulse and let out a sigh of relief.

"He's alive," said Rhain, looking up into Torri's worry-hardened eyes, "I can help ya take him back." Gently, Rhain moved to pick up Sionn. Sionn was a bigger man than he, but Rhain's smaller frame was deceptive and there was plenty of strength in him. Still, Torri could help take the edge off if she at least took his feet. As a man, of course, Rhain couldn't bring himself to ask for much more. As they slowly moved out of the cemetery, Rhain looked down at Sionn's unconscious form and then back up at Torri. "So who were they?" he asked, "and what is their business with that girl? I'm gettin' the feeling there's quite a long story here and that I am somehow getting tangled in it."
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 am

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 SionnBanner

Sionn sat up with a start and Rhain put a gentle but firm enough hand to keep him from popping out of bed on his chest. Looking around Sionn blinked his eyes and saw he was back at Sam's place in the French Quarter, "What the bloody hell happened?"

Rhain explained everything to him that unfolded once he was knocked out. Sionn had a concentrated look of concern on his face as he heard that Aurora went with the Druids and she hadn't been heard from all day. He leaned forward and rubbed his temples as he tried to clear the foggy, hung over feeling from his head, "I thought this kind of feeling only came after drinking too much scotch."

Rhain chuckled and Sionn finally made it to his feet. As he was about to exit the room Sam and Tori came in and Sam about flipped his lid, "You wee bloody fool! Git back in that bed!"

Sionn sighed and sat down as Tori stood back and Sam advanced. Tori was looking at Sionn with sisterly concern but he could also see he had a long conversation with her looming on the horizon. Sam sat and placed his hand on Sionn's head, checked his pulse, the works. Sionn sat in silence as the Dwarf worked on him and when he finally sat back Sionn looked at him as Sam started talking, "Yer a lucky chicky monkey Sionn!"

Sionn nodded and turned to look at Tori, "Did you tell Mum and Da'?"

Tori had a rather flat look on her face, her arms crossed over her chest as she leaned on the wall, "Aye, an' they're on their way."

Sionn suddenly felt his head pounding again and he sighed, "Well as much now as later I suppose."

He felt bad, though none of them could have predicted the attack, or the arrival of Erebus at the scene, they had been caught completely unaware and frankly they were all lucky to be alive. One of their party was still missing, unheard from and her whereabouts unknown. Only their speculation and imaginations to ponder where Aurora might or might not be. Erebus could have killed everyone of them had that been his intention, something Sionn was just realizing but Sam had already made it quite well known to the rest of the group earlier that day. Sionn closed his eyes and breathed deeply, trying to think of something, anything that he could say. As the leader of the group the responsibility of what happened would ultimately fall on his shoulders, even though no one was killed he was certain the talking to he had coming wasn't going to be pleasant.

Suddenly the sound of a car pulling up out front caught everyone's attention. Sam stood and looked out the window. After a second he turned with a slight smile on his face, "Well, it looks like the last of your party members is now accounted for."

the whole group perked up and crowded around the window to see Aurora stepping out of a town car, looking no worse for wear, and carrying a bundled blanket under her arm.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora stepped out of the town car in front of Sam's place and looked at the front door, clutching the bow to her chest. Her dark eyes were filled with wariness, confusion and dread. So many things were racing through her head that she didn't know where to begin to sort it all out. She also had a feeling that Torri was pretty upset with her if not angry. Then there was Sionn.....she sighed. She thought she'd been doing good in attacking Erebus. But, now she had a feeling that it was the worst thing she'd could have done. Again, she sighed before entering the establishment.

She didn't see anyone right off the bat, so she headed up the stairs, slowly as if she were walking into the lion's den so to speak. She reached Sionn's room and saw that the door was open, peeking in. When she saw Sionn, she breathed a big sigh of relief but then she saw Torri looking at her and that sigh of relief turned into one of dread. She knew that she was probably in for one hell of a lecture if not a butt kicking from the woman and she wasn't all that sure that she'd fight back if that's what it was supposed to be. She gave Sionn a smile but didn't enter the room. "I am so glad that you're okay", was all she said as she turned and went to her room.

Once there, she quietly closed her door and laid the bow on the bed, lovingly unwrapping it. Next, she took the quiver of arrows and laid it next to the bow. She watched as a soft glow came over both objects as they were once again bound to each other. Once that part was done, she picked up her cell phone to call her mother. It wasn't a pleasant conversation. "You've kept a lot from me, Mom. Why? How could you? How could you send me out like this without telling me about the houses? About Daddy?" There was silent, her mother answering her, but the look on Aurora's face said it all. She wasn't pleased with her mother's answers. "You left me in the dark!! You didn't tell me abItout the spirits....about the bearer of the bow.....NOTHING!!! NO!!! It's been Sionn McGee telling me what you didn't and now Erebus Poe. Don't scold me for being with a Poe!! I had little choice." Again, silence. "No, Mom. I have the bow....the quiver, the arrows, the dress. No....I will not bring it home. I don't know what I"m going to do with it. You should have been honest with me while you were training me. You should have told me, Mom." Silence again. "I have nothing more to say, Mom......not right now. I love you, Mom....Bye." She hung up her cell phone, wiping away tears she'd not realized were falling. She looked down at the bow and quiver of arrows, thinking on what Erebus had told her about them wanting peace. Did she dare believe him? Her heart told her not to, but her head wanted peace. She sat down on the bed, next to the artifacts and stared out the window.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 pm

After about thirty seconds of being off the phone there was a small knock on Aurora's door. Without waiting for an answer the knob turned, the latch clicked and Sionn walked in. He closed the door behind him and looked at the phone laying beside her on the night stand. He knelt down without saying a word and looked at Aurora. Her dark eyes stared back at him and he reached up, plucking a tear off her cheek and holding it up between them. It instantly turned to ice as he channeled magic through his hand and he smiled softly at her as his own green eyes began to well up, "You have nothing to be sorry about."

It was as if he was reading her thoughts. She turned her eyes away and he reached, putting his finger under her chin and gently bringing her face back so they were staring into each others eyes once again, "Aurora, you have NOTHING to be sorry about. I did what I did to protect you, and I would do it again in a heart beat."

He leaned forward and pressed his lips onto hers, kissing her gently. She inhaled sharply, almost startled and he withdrew, his cheeks turning as bright as his red hair, "I... I'm, sorry Aurora, I shouldn't be so forward."

He meant it this time... it wasn't a play to get her to pursue like it had been with other women. If there was one thing Sionn knew, it was how to play the attraction game, and though Aurora didn't know about any of that, this time, there was something in his heart, something sincere and more than just wanting another tryst.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora said nothing as Sionn entered her room, but her eyes said it all. She did blame herself for what had happened to Sionn. She blamed herself for being so naive in all of this. When he kissed her, she was startled. She was innocent to the point that she'd never been kissed. She'd led a very sheltered life and now she was being thrust into the world. When he apologized, she gave him a shy smile, "I didn't think that anyone should apologize for kisses. And, I'm glad that you gave me my first kiss", she said blushing beneath her golden hued skin. "I've....I....I've never been kissed, Sionn. And, I am so sorry that I got you hurt. I should have let you and Torri handle everything." She turned away again, unsure what to do....what to say. She knew, after seeing Sionn being blasted backwards, that she cared deeply for the Scotsman. If she didn't know better, she'd almost think she was falling in love with him. But, as innocent as she was, she just didn't know.

"Daddy was of druid decent.....and there were things that Erebus said to me that have me so confused." She turned her dark eyes to him, tears still falling down her cheeks. "Mom kept more from me that I thought possible, Sionn. She told me nothing about any of this. What do I do? How do I be the bearer of the bow when I don't even know how to function out here? I did things in the cemetery that I had no idea I could do." As she spoke, fear and confusion grew in her expressive eyes. "I am a direct descendent of Attila the Hun. Yet, I know nothing about him. I have three animal spirits now living inside of me and I don't know what to do with them." She gave a chuckle. She turned away again, "I'm not sure I know who I am anymore. I knew who I was when I left my mountains......but now", she looked at him again, "Who am I, Sionn?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 pm

He sat and listened, and as she finished he smiled his soft, charismatic smile. It was the smile that had before this day melted a thousands lasses hearts, but this time, there was only one he cared about, "You had NOTHING to do with what happened. That crazy tart, Arawela, she did the attacking, you only responded as you knew best. Just because you are inexperienced doesn't mean what you did was wrong. Nobody's dead, if anything, I am to blame for not taking control of the situation and seeing that we were safe before we proceeded."

He inhaled deeply and stood from his kneeling position and sat beside her on the bed, "My Mum and Da' are on their way. They are flying in from Scotland. I don't know why, but I have my suspicions. Torri is no happy with me, she made that clear, but she was torn because she thought I was dead. She doesn't know whether to scream at me or hug me."

He laughed softly. As Aurora poured out her feelings he could almost feel her vulnerability, again, it was the sort of thing he was so accustomed to taking advantage of, but this time, he felt true mercy in his heart, and he wanted to hug her, to hold her tightly, but not to motivate her to a romp in the bed, he genuinely just wanted to hold her. He was uncomfortable however, her innocence and naivety was practically spilling out from all her pores and he didn't know how to respond to that. He was used to bad girls, girls that were also looking for just one thing for the night, but Aurora, she was so much different in so many ways. He leaned forward and placed his warm hand on her neck as she asked her question. With a soft smile he responded, "It took years for me to figure out what I had been born into. What you are asking can't be answered in one day, or one year. To put it in perspective, you are part of a society of humanity which is above the norm, higher than average. You are faster, smarter, more capable than the average human. You have in your possession a power that world leaders would kill to obtain, but they can't, for you are it's only barer. I don't know much about your bow, Da' is the Lorekeeper and when he arrives he will be able to tell yo more, but what I can tell you is that it is the single most powerful artifact known to the nine orders, and for whatever reasons that these things happen, it has been entrusted to you."

She looked at him in amazement at his knowledge and he smiled with a shrug, "I just learned all that from the Dwarf, so don't think of me as having all the knowledge in the world." He smiled and stared into her dark eyes.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora gave him a smile, "Sam is full of knowledge and as much as he doesn't want anyone to know, he has a soft heart." She noticed that even after he was finished talking to her, he still kept his hand at the back of her neck and she found that she liked it there. She looked at his lips then, then up to his green eyes. "Sionn? Would you...ummmm....what I mean to ask is....well, would you....oh hell!!", with that said she leaned in and kissed him, her lips brushing his before pulling back, blushing. "I hope I wasn't out of line", she said looking down. "When will your parents be here?" She looked back up to him, lifting a small hand to cup his cheek, "I was so scared that you wouldn't be here if Erebus let me go", she said in a whisper. Her nervousness had her switching from topic to topic. She was still shocked that she'd kissed him herself let alone had almost asked him to kiss her again.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 pm

As she kissed him, Sionn felt the electricity of her touch move through his body. As she withdrew and apologized Sionn laughed and shook his head, "No no lass... it was," he smiled, "it was not at all out of line."

As she changed the subject he could not help but feel disappointed, however he also knew that there was much on her mind and many questions that needed answered.

"Tomorrow morning, around 5am."

He turned and looked out the window, "Their flight will land and then they will come straight here, but don't feel any need to get up early to meet them."

As she mentioned Erebus 'letting' her go his face suddenly changed, "Letting you go??"

He moved in a little closer to her. He hadn't thought about it, they all knew that she had gone with Erebus, but this was the first time he thought about the fact that she was no LONGER with them. He looked at her with a soft but serious look, "What did they do to you?"

As Aurora told him everything that had happened, the conversations, the meal, the offer that she could leave of her own will... he was truly baffled, "The Poe's, they are... well they are EVIL Aurora. I don't know why they would just let you walk out unchecked."

He was clearly perplexed, she could see him trying to put the pieces together. AS he sat and thought the words Erebus has spoke suddenly came back to her, 'All I would ask is that before you make judgement on us in the future, because I am certain when you are back in their ranks they will discuss us and how 'evil' we are...'

Sionn turned and looked at her again, his deep green eyes tracing her face before locking on her own dark eyes again, "I just don't get it, I have never known a Poe to do good."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 am

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10She looked even more confused now than she had been before he'd walked into her room. "He said that all he wanted was peace, Sionn. That he wanted to join the nine factions. He seemed so sincere and he knew everything about my ancestor, Attila the Hun. A relative of his own was with Attila...like an adviser. He didn't want me to make a quick judgement without hearing his side of things." She felt the change in him, and sighed thinking that perhaps she'd imagined the feelings she'd seen in his green eyes. "Arawela on the other hand is evil. She is a time bomb. But, there was something that was off in that house.....I don't know what it was, but it was there."

She looked back to him again and decided to be a little bold again, licking her lips in nervousness. "Sionn..you said that I wasn't out of line in kissing you. Would you....that is only if you want to....would you kiss.....would you kiss me again." The last came out in a rush as she looked down at her hands, fidgeting nervously.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 am

Sionn listened and spoke as she finished, "The House of Raven is one of the Nine factions, they always have been, in fact his older brother is the head of the Druidic order and present at every Council of the Nine... are you sure you heard him correctly? If he truly said he wanted to join that doesn't make sense."

He thought a moment and continued, "Regardless of that, a Poe that wants peace, that is something to ponder on. The Poe's are Druids, and from everything I have read Druids are among the more aggressive of our kind. Arawela was acting exactly like we would expect a Druid to act. For a Druid to be speaking of peace, that raises some questions."

He looked at her and spoke again, "My sister and I were attacked last week at our home in Scotland, in fact it's the reason we are even here, to find answers. Everything Mum and Da' have been able to piece together pointed to House Raven. Our intent was to investigate and uncover whatever we could, then return home. Whatever Druid attacked us was not out to kill us, they stole information about an artifact known as The Black Horn. It's a horn made of bone from a rare, and now extinct ram that used to thrive in the mountains between China and Korea. Like all artifacts, The Black Horn is a very powerful artifact, capable of great magic when used by someone with the strength and knowledge of how to use them. The last time The Black Horn was used it was for great evil, so the instructions for it's use, once they were recovered, were entrusted to the Stormborn, the keepers of lore, and locked away in our ancestral estate. My Father is the Lore Keeper, as you know, and the Druid that came, though he could have killed us, did not. He only did what was necessary to get passed us so he could get what he had come for. For a Druid to not kill to get what they want is unusual, in most of my dealings they are more like Arawela, they will kill and take and think nothing of it. We know it was Erebus that came to the house last week, and he did not kill us. We know it was Erebus that came to the cemetery this morning and though he could have killed us he did not." He looked at her, this time his green eyes looking very deeply into hers, "I would be dead if he had wanted me dead. The way he appeared and did what he did, it was his choice to only stun me, it was not by any action of my own that I survived."

He inhaled deeply and looked at her as her glances in his direction became more hungry, more sensual. As she made her request he felt his chest warm and he leaned in a little closer, whispering softly, "Aye lass."

He placed his hand gently around the back of her waist and drew her into him. As their lips met he pressed so their warmth collided between the softness and the slight layer of moisture from just before when she was licking her lips. He brought his other hand up and placed it on the small of her back, just around the hip, and he brought their bodies even closer together as he felt her trembling hands now reach around and land on his back as well. There was something in this kiss, something that he had never experienced when kissing a woman, not that he hadn't sincerely kissed other women, however he could feel something resonating between them that he was still trying to figure out. She clutched at him as he inhaled and wrapped his arms around her, pressing their chests together and holding her tightly as their lips remained locked and exchanged their very breath with one another, could it be that Sionn actually had found something other than simply the idea of love.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora couldn't think....all she could do was feel as Sionn kissed her again, wrapping her arms around him. She gave a soft moan of pleasure as he worked his lips expertly over hers, pulling her even closer. She knew what happened between a man and a woman, but she'd never experienced a man's touch.....ever. None but her father had ever kissed and his kisses had been nothing like this. She felt as if her body were suddenly waking from a long slumber and she didn't quite understand it. While she knew about the physical happenings, she had no idea about the emotional. But, she felt safe within Sionn's arms and she felt much more.

She broke the kiss, pulling her arms from around him to put them in between them, her hands gripping his shirt as she fought to get her breathing under control. She stared at his chest, "I think I could grow to like your kisses, Sionn." She then looked up at him, her dark eyes becoming saddened, "I know what happens between a man and a woman...I also know about men who take what they want and then leave a broken shell behind. I'm not sure how that happens, but I know it does. Please....don't make my heart hurt, Sionn."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Sionn looked at her as she spoke. He could still feel the tingle in his lips as the blood which had been pushed out of them swiftly returned. He looked at her and she could see a tremendous amount of guilt and fear in his face. He inhaled deeply and closed his eyes as he tried to find the right words. Finally he opened his lids again and looked at her with his deep green eyes, "I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I have...," he cleared his throat, "... well, I have had my share of women."

He twitched slightly and he spoke, "I just want to say, that I have never, ever, felt like this."

He stood and looked out the window into the lights of the French Quarter and he spoke, "I know, you are younger than I, you are not familiar with this world and the things that go on in it. There is an appeal for a man, to see that kind of innocence on a woman. I have never been the type of man to take advantage of that however." He turned and looked at her, "Yes, there have been plenty of women that I have shared company with, however they were all in in for the same reasons as I was."

He looked at her as he turned around and leaned against the wall, "The truth is, I have never loved anyone. I am not sure I even know what the word means outside of my family, Torri, and my parents I mean. Never have I felt this gut wrenching like I felt when I woke and you weren't there, and as much as it hurt, it was nothing compared to how I felt when they told me you had left with the Druids... I felt as though I would die should something terrible happen to you. I have always aimed to see the right thing done, both if it meant life or death, but in your case... the possibility of death was not something I was willing to accept, and even before I saw you again I vowed to Torri that I would retrieve you, by myself if I had to."

He inhaled deeply and he knelt in front of her, "I won't hurt you... I promise."

Though he knew how to talk to a woman to get what he wanted from her, he also knew how to talk to one in a manner that was proper. He stood and kissed her gently on the forehead, "I think, for both our sakes, we should say good night for now, and leave what has happened as it is. I don't want to hurt you, but we are both in unfamiliar waters, and especially for you, I don't want to get in too deeply, too quickly."

He touched her cheek gently and walked to the door, opening it slowly, "Good night Aurora."

With a soft smile he left, closing the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Arurora heard everything Sionn had said, especially the part about her being innocent to the world and younger than him. It didn't set well with her...didn't set well at all. And when he spoke of leaving things as they were...she felt her heart begin to break. When he kissed her on the forehead, it more or less thrust his words home. At least in her mind they did. She looked away from him, not wanting him to see the hurt in her eyes as he left her room.

Once the door was closed, she let the tears fall quietly as she gently wrapped the bow with the quiver of arrows in the Indian blanket. She was now more confused than she'd been before he'd entered her room. "So this is what a damaged heart feels like", she whispered to herself. "This is why Momma never loved another man. To protect her heart." She understood now. In her innocent mind, Sionn's words had meant that as much as he felt for her....as different as he felt with her, she was too young and too innocent for him. She was not wondering if she should stay or leave. Her mother had told her that she needed to stick with Sionn but now she wasn't so sure that her mother was right.

He'd said to leave what had happened as it was. She looked up to the ceiling, not stopping the tears as they fell. She touched her lips with her fingers, wondering if in the morning she would be able to act as if nothing had happened. As if Sionn had not given her her first kiss. Could she act as if she felt nothing more for him than a friend? Looking back down at the wrapped up bow and quiver of arrows, she knew that she would fail in this. She sat down on the bed quietly cried as Sionn's words along with Erebus' words echoed through her mind. Erebus' words on wanting peace and Sionn's actions and then his words on leaving things as they were. Her chest hurt as she lay down on the bed, not bothering to change into her shorts and tank top or climb beneath the covers. Instead, she thought of what she was going to do....stay or leave. Pretend that she felt nothing for Sionn or run like a coward.

Outside her door, Beau met Sionn just as he was leaving her room and sniffed at him. Baring his teeth at the man, he sniffed again, catching the scent of Aurora on Sionn as well as that of their arousal. Next, he sniffed at the bottom of the door and turned to look at Sionn, his amber eyes all but glowing in anger at him. ~What have you done, elf? I smell her arousal on you but past this door I smell her tears.....her confusion.....and her pain. What have you done?~ Next, he looked at the door and concentrated then he mindspoke again to Sionn. ~She is trying to keep me out of her mind, but I saw her confusion on what to do. She is thinking about leaving. She is thinking about taking the bow back to her mother and her people.~ He turned to look at Sionn again, baring his teeth and growling. ~She would never make it back and you and I both know this. Erebus is playing her on her innocence and her need to see the good in people. Again, I ask you.....what have you done?~

Aurora felt Beau peek into her mind and tried to get her walls up fast enough, but she knew she'd failed and he'd seen some of her emotions and thoughts. She had to decide what to do. She wondered about Erebus....should she speak to him? He'd not kept her a prisoner before. Would he do so again? She felt Beau pushing again and shoved him out, but not before he saw Erebus. He saw that it was nothing romantic, but that her naivete was playing on her. She was hurting....she was confused....and she was scared at what was happening to her. Both in her abilities and in her feelings for Sionn. Again, Beau turned to Sionn and snarled at him.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am

As Sionn walked into the hall he saw Beau and smiled, going to scratch the wolf behind the ears, suddenly the great wolf snarled and bore it’s teeth. Sionn stepped back and listened as the wolf spoke to his mind.

“No! I… have done nothing wolf. We kissed, yes, but I did not do anything beyond that, I didn’t want to defile her in any way, I did not want to do anything that would cheapen anything between us or otherwise mess up what could be a wonderful thing with her!”

As the wolf spoke to his mind again about her thinking of leaving Sionn instinctually shook his head and spoke again, “I don’t want Aurora to leave, I want her to stay! I love her Beau!”

There, he had said it aloud… how was it possible to love someone so quickly, after only a few days. He clutched at his eyes and he looked at Beau, “I only told her that we should take things slowly, that we shouldn’t rush to sex, that I didn’t want our first encounter to be one we weren’t ready for… I didn’t mean to arouse her, but I could feel her, hungering for me to continue on, but I didn’t not because I don’t want to but because I don’t want to disrespect her by it being something we weren’t both ready for, and to be frank about it, I am not ready.”

He looked at the wolf who was clearly angry and blaming Sionn. The fact was Aurora, Beau, the lot of them barely knew Sionn and his history. He was a womanizer to the n’th degree, and though his actions of restraint and self-control were being seen as a negative it was in fact the most grown up he had even been in regards to how he treated women. He looked up and stared Beau directly in the eyes again, his voice became slightly lower and he spoke, “If she is still here in the morning I will speak with her, but the situation has become uncomfortable and blown out of proportion now that you have inserted yourself and you decided to aggressively blame me instead of gathering all the information first. There is, frankly, nothing I can do if she wants to leave, but by the factions I hope she does not do something so rash. My parents are flying in as we speak to assist her, but the fact is she is a free woman, and nobody will force her to stay. If she leaves however, that is the way she could hurt me the most, I died inside when I found out she wasn’t safe, I wanted nothing more than to mend and go get her back. For her to be taken is one thing, but for her to walk away, that would be entirely another.”

After saying his piece and Beau turned snarling at him again Sionn became cross and furrowed his brow, “I have said all I need to say to you, but I tell you this, the more you refuse to let her be who she is not allow her time to think and make her own decisions, the more you stand up for her instead of letting her stand up for herself, the more you will eventually drive a wedge between her and yourself. I don’t claim to know everything, but I know that if you constantly hover over her in the guise of protecting her the sooner she will rebel and make some bad decision only to spite you. My intentions were pure, I didn’t take her this evening as I could have, she is vulnerable and willing, two characteristics I have learned to recognize and use to my advantage when it comes to women, but in the case of Aurora I will not break her heart by having her too early, not before I know I can be everything she needs me to be.”

He glared at the wolf and then turned, slipping into his room and closing the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora lay there on the bed, softly crying, not understanding what was happening. She was too naive to understand that what Sionn had done was in fact a good thing.....he'd done so out of love and respect for her. She had no idea either on what was going on outside her door between Beau and Sionn when she heard scratchings at her window. "ERYN!!!", she cried out, seeing the her friend. She jumped up and ran to the window to let her in, the raptor flew to her perch where she began to preen herself. "I have been worried sick about you, my friend", she said as she stroked her soft feathers. Eryn chortled softly as she continued to preen herself. It was as if nothing had happened.

Beau had been thoroughly chastised and it showed in his eyes as he turned to face Aurora's door. What Sionn had said was entirely true and he knew it. He'd spoken out of line, accusing Sionn for something he'd not done. ~Forgive me, my new friend. You were right in all of this. I was wrong to jump to conclusions that were not there~, Beau mindspoke to Sionn through his closed door while he stared at Aurora's door. Raising a large paw, he scratched at it, waiting for Aurora to open the door and let him.

Upon seeing Beau, Aurora knelt and hugged him tightly, her tear stained face disappearing into his fur. "What should I do, Beau? How can I feel so strongly for him when we've just met?" She raised her head, her dark eyes shining with tears as she looked into his amber ones. This one time, he did not answer her. Not in the way wanted anyway. ~You must make your own decision, Rory. I cannot make it for you. But, know this. Whatever you decide, Eryn and I will be with you~ It was the hardest thing he'd done so far, not making the decision for her. The spirit of Hiawatha resting in the body of the great wolf could feel loss of a 'parent' letting his child grow up. And, the more he thought about it, the more he knew that Sionn was the man for his mistress.....he would guide her, protect her and love her as she'd never been loved. If he could take back what he'd 'spoken' to the elf, he would but for now he would follow Sionn's advice and do what he knew in his heard needed to be done. Aurora must make this decision on her own.

Yawning, she stretched suddenly feeling emotionally drained. She walked over to her dresser and put on her shorts and tank top for bed, lovingly placing the bow and quiver of arrows in the chair next to the bed, her ceremonial dress covering it as well as the blanket. "Come, Beau. I will not leave tonight. I don't think I could leave even if I wanted to. I don't think I could leave him just yet, Beau. I think I've fallen in love with him", she confessed as she hugged the wolf to her after he'd jumped up onto the bed. Aurora then lay down, covering up beneath the covers, Beau laying next to her. She lay there for the longest time thinking about Sionn before she finally fell asleep.

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:24 am

Sionn was up early and had gone for a long run to take his mind off the events of last night. The streets of the French Quarter were almost completely empty and he was able to give his mind a rest from all the thoughts and feelings he was having. As he was making a wide loop through the Quarter he stopped along the river walk and stared out at the boats making their way up the Mississippi River. He didn't know how long he had been standing there when from behind him he heard a voice, "I bet I can tell you where you got them shoes."

He recognized his father's voice immediately and he turned around. With a smile his father Erich stepped forward and hugged his son tightly. Sionn returned the embrace and then stepped back, "How was the flight Da'?"

"Long."

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Erich

Sionn laughed and shook his head as his Father started walking and Sionn came into stride right beside him, "So son, want to fill me in on the details?"

Sionn looked around and saw that it was safe to relay all his information, and after about 20 minutes he had told his father everything. With a nod Erich spoke, "Well we know for sure that it was not Erebus who stole the instructions to the Black Horn since he wasn't nursing a shoulder injury, nor was it Algernon as he was at the Conclave of Nine. So that brings up a whole new set of questions, aye?"

Sionn looked at him and nodded softly in agreement. "Yer sister is right pissed with ya."

Sionn looked at Erich and nodded, "Aye, she don' trust Aurora, I think she's comin' around but..." Erich stopped and placed his hand on Sionn's shoulder, "Did ya sleep with her lad?"

Sionn looked half startled but given his known history it wasn't a surprising question. More than once his tendencies with lasses got them into more trouble than he cared to remember, "No Da', I could have, she would have let me straight off I tell ya, but no, I didn'a."

Erich flashed his fatherly, half-smile and nodded, "Well you can let her know that when we get back."

Sionn furrowed his brows, "That's what she was on about?"

Erich nodded and he spoke as the continued walking, "Aye Sionn."

Sionn huffed in curiosity and they walked back to Saint Peter's Guest House without saying much else. As they entered Sam looked up from his desk and spoke, "Did'ja beat him right well Erich?"

Erich laughed and shook his head, "Nay Sam, I think the lad has beat himself up enough for the both of us."

Sam huffed with a smile and spoke, "'Bought time he did."

Sionn laughed and shook his head as he looked up and saw his mother smiling and walking towards him, "Lad."

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Annette

She hugged him tightly and Sionn returned the hug with warmth. As she leaned back and put her hands on his shoulders she spoke, "Let me have a look at ya son, it's been days."

Sionn laughed and nodded. Suddenly she furrowed her brows, "There's something different about ya Sionn, what's happened."

"Nothing Mum."

"Sionn Allister McGhee!"

Her tone was half serious and half joking, but he knew that she was serious enough to not press her patience, "It's Aurora mum...," he looked up at her, "I think I am in love with her."

Annette smiled and brushed her hand through Sionn's thick hair, "That's what I figured lad."

Sionn had a confused look on his face and turned to Erich and Sam who both shrugged almost simultaneously. They all knew better than to question Annette's intuition, she hadn't become Chief of the Stormborn by accident.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora woke slowly, still tired from tossing and turning. She heard Beau scratching at the door and rose to let him out, "You know...since you can now speak to me through my mind you would think you could figure out how to open a door." All she got for her smart comment was a snarl and a huff as she let him out, watching him trot to the staircase. She chuckled as she shut the door, then grew somber at thinking about the night before and Sionn. Sighing, she walked over to Eryn and stroked her feathers, "What do I do, Eryn? What if he's right and I am just too naive?" She'd misunderstood what Sionn had been trying to tell her and as badly as Eryn wanted to tell her she knew as well as Sionn that this was something that she and Beau had to stay out of. Instead, she chortled softly to her, ~Do you think that nice dwarf would have some raw chicken in the house? I do not feel like hunting just yet.~ Aurora nodded her head, knowing that Eryn had taken quite the hit from Arawela the day before. "Let me get me shower and get dressed and we'll go down together and find out."

After her shower, she went back into her room to collect Eryn, putting on the handling glove onto her left hand and motioned for the raptor to step onto it. She checked on the bow and quiver of arrows before leaving the room heading down the stairs, talking softly to Eryn as she stroked her feathers. Once she reached the bottom of the stairs she headed for where she heard the voices. "Sam...Sam....would you have any raw chicken in the fridge for Eryn? She's still suffering from the blow she took from Arawela yesterday. She stopped suddenly, seeing Sam and two strangers before her. Then her dark eyes lit onto Sionn and she blushed, remembering how he'd made her feel the night before. She quickly looked away from him, "I'm sorry, Sam. I'd forgotten that you were expecting company. I will take Eryn to the kitchen and find her something to eat then head back upstairs."

Aurora was dressed in dark jeans, dark hiking boots and a turquoise colored top. Her waist long dark hair was tied back with a thin, leather strap. She stood there, looking at everyone with a great golden eagle on her arm when Beau came trotting in. This time, the wolf stood next to Sionn, showing his support and a form of apology from the evening before.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Annette reached her hand forward slightly as if to touch Aurora even though she was too far away and spoke, "No, please Aurora, I wish to speak with you."

Annette saw the confusion on the young girls face and she smiled with a softness that was rivaled by few, "I am Annette Elizabeth McGhee, Chief of Clan Stormborn."

She nodded softly as the understanding filled Aurora's face, she motioned to her husband, "And this is Erich Ian McGhee, my husband and Lore Keeper of the nine."

Erich stepped forward and nodded softly, "And as you have probably picked up on, we are Sionn and Torri's parents."

He smiled as he looked over at Sionn who was looking on from across the small room. Turning to look back at Aurora Annette continued, "I know you are tired and probably hungry, but it is important we speak straight away, time is of the essence and I am sure Sam would be willing to get us something to eat so we can start?" She turned to look at Sam who smiled with a nod, his demeanor was very friendly with Annette and Erich, "Of course lass."

Annette smiled and turned back to Aurora, "Please..."

She gestured towards the small dining area just off the exterior plaza and the three of them walked over to an empty table. Erich pulled out Annette's chair so she could sit, then he did the same for Aurora and finally sat down himself. Annette looked across the table with kindness in her eyes and she spoke, "Aurora lass, you have been exposed to much in the last 48 hours, so first let me ask, how are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Indian10Aurora was unsure at first, but when she looked at Eryn who nodded her head to her mistress she gave Annette a shy smile, "Thank you. Just let me get Eryn settled with her breakfast and I will join you." She cast another shy glance at Sionn then left to go to the kitchen to gather a few pieces of raw chicken and take the great bird back to her room before rejoining them in the small dining area. Sitting down, she glance around the table her gaze taking in the resemblance between Sionn and his parents.

When Annette asked her how she was handling the events that had happened in the past 48 hours, Aurora's look became.....shadowed. She was still uncomfortable with the changes happening to her let alone what she'd been through and found it difficult to talk about, but she did her best. "I'm not sure how I am doing, Mrs. McGhee. I mean....my mother...that is, I wasn't prepared for what is happening to me as well as meeting the Poes. It has been....frightening." She was still hurt that her own mother had not prepared her for what was happening to her, even though she knew her mother had good reason to not tell her, it still hurt. She felt as if she'd sent her out into the world blind with no one to guide her. Again, she cast a glance at Sionn, hurt showing in her dark, expressive eyes before she looked away quickly, "Other things have me just as confused....but none more than what is changing within myself."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Annette listened and nodded as Aurora spoke. Her gaze was kind and compassionate as she maintained her eye contact, not breaking it even for a second. Even when Aurora glanced at Sionn who was sitting off to the side she kept looking only at Aurora, “You have endured much, all you have experienced would have been too much for most people, even if they HAD known what to expect.”

She looked at Erich who nodded softly and then looked back at Aurora, “I think the fact that you had no knowledge of where your life was about to take you, what path you had been set on without your knowledge, and all that you endured but still ended up sitting here with us is a great testimony to how strong a person you actually are Aurora.”

She leaned back in her chair as she looked at Aurora, her face remained quiet and friendly, “The Poe’s are not a family to be underestimated, and from what I understand Erebus spoke with you personally, this is potentially troubling, or potentially good news.”

She looked at Erich who leaned forward, “We first suspected that Erebus was the Druid who attacked Torri and Sionn at our home a week hence, however it is not possible since he was not injured.”

Sionn looked up and nodded as Erich continued, “This leaves us to ponder what House came and acquired the pages for the Black Horn, but we no longer believe it was the House of Raven.” Sionn leaned back and rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he glanced to Torri who was just hearing this news for the first time. Torri stepped forward and spoke, “Well who is it then?”

Erich and Annette turned simultaneously to Torri and Erich spoke, “We have no leads on that love.” Torri gestured in frustration and Sionn reached to touch her arm. As she looked at him he gave her a reassuring look. Torri had never been one to be working without all the information and Sionn knew her frustration was probably rising, especially since they had traveled all this way. Annette turned to Aurora again and spoke, “My children’s coming here was not without success in one aspect however, for it lead them to you.”

Aurora looked at her and her face was clearly confused Annette spoke with a smile, “There has not been a Bearer for generations, what you have in your possession is not just an artifact, it’s specific to the bearer.”

Erich leaned forward and turned a thick, leather bound book around and opened it to a page that was clearly pre-marked for the occasion, “You will recognize the artifact by these drawings. We know that you have many questions about what is happening to you, and I think in this book you will find the answers you seek.”

He slid the book to her, much in the way as Erebus had slid the book which contained the instructions for it’s operation. Erich spoke again, “Unfortunately this book is that of the Lore Keeper, it has all the information regarding the artifact origin and details about it’s existence, but the book that gives the details on how it is operated was lost shortly after Genghis Khan’s death.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven   Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 3 - There are Secrets in the House of Raven
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next