Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 1: A World of History

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Brad57-1-1

Taeryn was still looking over the book that Sionn had brought over while Torri explained the deal with the Poes and their travels to America. After he reached the end of the bit of information he was focused on, he offered a slight chuckle, shaking his head. When he spoke, he didn't take his eyes from the paper in front of him, those eyes still scanning the words from left to right.

"Doesn't surprise me, really... When y'talk abou' powerful Druids, the Poe line tends t'be at th'top o' th'heap." He reached out to flip the page while Sionn held it, his arm brushing against Torri's as he did so. "It'd be well within their power t'take care o'any storms tha' migh' have come their way on the journey. Woudn't doubt tha' th'wind was at their backs the whole way 'cross the sea, also."

With a slight murmur of interest, Tae took his eyes away from the book and stepped away to a small table. Once he reached it, he produced a small box from his pocket that held the same fragrance as his cigarettes. He opened the top and removed a few small, thin papers, then reached into the box with his index finger and thumb to spread some tobacco across them. He began to speak as he rolled a few fresh cigarettes, breaking his words only to seal the paper around the tubes.

"Aye, th'Poes... Far as we, an' by we, I mean I, can tell, th'Head of House Raven, Algernon Poe, migh' well be who yer mum an' da happen t'be concerned about. An'. trust me, tha's with plenty good reason." Finishing the first cigarette, Taeryn set it aside and set to work on the second, long fingers quick and dextrous. "Algernon is, by all accounts, completely an' utterly bonkers. They say tha' he'd been locked away all 'is life by his own family, bein' trained an' conditioned in th'ways of Druidism. Tha' made sure tha' he learned wha' the elders of House Raven before him wanted him t'know, an' it also ensured tha' he was mad as a hatter. He's a bright man, an' as anyone can tell ye, there's a very fine line between genius an' madness."

Taeryn finished the second cigarette and left the final one undone for now, as he turned his eyes to the twins.

"If tha's really who has their eyes set on us 'ere, we've go' a lot of trouble coming our way. No one has been able t'tell me for sure, bu', rumor has it tha' Algernon has a bit of a taste for fire. We're not careful, we could find ourselves ducking and covering from a lot more than a simple rainstorm, if y'catch my drift."

He returned to the cigarette and started to roll it closed, before moistening the edge with his tongue and sealing it shut.

"Unluckily for us, Algernon likely isn't actin' alone. He has a brother, Erebus. Unfortunately, I know even less abou' tha' one. What I do know is tha' he's likely just as mad as his brother, and no less dangerous. From wha' I understand, Erebus makes 'is way out into th'real world a bit more than brother Algernon... Seems t'be kind of his attack dog of sorts. If Algernon needs t'make sure somethin' important is done correctly, he looks t'Erebus."

Slipping the box back into his pocket, Taeryn turned his eyes to Sionn, then Torri.

"Trouble is, we're in their backyard now... An' judgin' by th'Razorbacks, I think tha' they know it." Tae sighed and slipped his hands in his pockets, sitting lightly on the table behind him. "We're going t'have to be extra careful now... Y'both escaped tha' trouble once, an' like Sam said, they'll be back again, with greater force this time. I think tha' th'best course of action, before it gets too late, is t'head down t'City Hall and see if we can't hunt down some floor plans fer th'Poe place. I figure we'll be endin' up around that area soon enough an' we'll need to know wha' we're dealin' with, at least geography-wise."

He cut his eyes to Torri then, and a small smile played on his lips.

"Also, Red, migh' wanna make sure y'keep a hold on those pointy lil' knives of yours should we run into trouble. Might not be someone as nice as me tha' finds 'em next time..."

A sparkle of playfulness danced through his eyes and he tipped her a quick wink, before pushing up from the tabletop and stretching upwards a bit. His back popped slightly and he twisted from side to side slightly.

"Anyone else 'ave any other ideas?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 TorriBanner

Torri didn’t realize she had gotten as close to Taeryn until he brushed against her arm when he moved to examine the book like document Sionn handed him. It was like a static shock to her without the zap that went along with such a thing. She blinked and looked over at him after the slight contact then made sure she kept enough space between them so he wouldn’t feel crowded by her.

Or so that’s what she told herself, anyway.

As she listened to Taeryn describe what he knew about the Poe’s, she watched him take the time to roll his home made cigarettes. The fact he did them so easily without so much as a thought about what he was doing told her how long he’d actually been at it. But what was more so was the way his fingers moved so deftly as he worked.

Listening to Taeryn talk about the Poe’s and hearing the tone of his voice as he did so spoke volumes on exactly how dangerous and mysterious these loons really were. And when Torri heard Algernon’s specialty she felt a shiver slide down her spine. Of all things out there that could harm and even kill her, fire was the worst for her to imagine. If a slight burn that didn’t even produce a blister hurt so damn bad, imagine what a burn that melted your flesh off felt like.

Unpleasant, isn’t it?

The fact there were more than one of the crazed Druids moving about from the same bloodline was double trouble, no doubt. And if Erebus was Algernon’s attack dog…lovely. Things were just getting better and better with each passing moment here.

”Great. More than one head case Druid with a sadistic nature to deal with. Yer just full of good news, Tae. Mental note……remove Taeryn Lake from birthday party invitation list.”

Sionn looked at his sister and grinned.

“Maybe off yer list, but not mine.”

Torri rolled her eyes then looked at Taeryn again as he gave them an idea of where to go from here. Sam’s collection was extensive but they didn’t have the time needed to filter through everything and fine that grain of sand they needed to find so desperately. With his suggestion of going to city hall and looking for the blue prints to the Poe’s home, Torri blinked and raised her brows.

”I always thought you were a bit touched, Taeryn, but now I know so. That’s like going into the bears den and poking it with a hot poker.”

“I’m in….”

Torri snapped her head over to her brother when he spoke up and furrowed her brows.

”Great. Now you have my brother thinking like you too. Does the term looney tunes mean anything to either of you?”

Seeing the way Sionn looked at her, Torri sighed heavily and shook her head.

”And it’s not like I can let you guys go alone. You’d be in trouble before you even got both feet firmly planted.”

Sionn reached out and punched Torri lightly in the bicep, still grinning.

“You know I can’t stay out of trouble without you, T.”

”Well….at least yer finally admitting it now.”

As Taeryn made the comment about her knives, Torri looked over at him and narrowed her gaze. She saw the twinkle of playfulness in his green depths and she tried hard to keep from grinning at him but it was impossible. Shaking her head she chuckled slightly.

”No. Not that I can think of right now anyway.”

She looked from Taeryn to Sionn and back again then opened the door and headed down the steps. She could hear the television from the foyer and moved to where she knew Sam would be seated, kicked back watching TV. Or more precisely, the TV watching Sam.

Entering the room she found the little man kicked back in his recliner, head tilted back, mouth open and snoring loudly. She glanced at the two men then back to Sam and reached out gently kicking his feet with her booted foot. Sam snorted and sat up instantly awake.

“I was just resting my eyes. You damn kids kept me up late last night.”

His blue eyes looked from Torri to Sionn then to Taeryn and he quirked a bushy brow.

“Do I even want to know?”

Sionn laughed and nodded.

“Of course. What fun would it be if you didn’t?”

Sam cut his eyes at Sionn.

“Lots.”

Sionn laughed then looked to Torri.

“And you’re good with whatever these two have schemed up?”

Torri nodded.

”Someone has to keep them out of trouble, Sam. Right?”

Sam scoffed and gave her a deadpan look.

“And that’s supposed to make me feel better? Hate t’tell ya, Torri but you’re not doing a good job at that.”

Torri laughed softly.

”We’re going to enlist the aid of public records to find what we be looking for, Sam. How much trouble could we get into there?”

Sam raised both brows then.

“You have to ask?”

Sionn laughed with Torri then and clapped the little man on the shoulder.

“We’ll be fine, Sam. It’s well before dark. Hell…we still have quite a few good hours of daylight.”

Torri looked over at Taeryn then to Sionn then to Sam and smiled.

”We’ll be back and if something holds us up, we’ll be sure to let you know.”

Sam scoffed again, mumbled something under his breath about Europeans then pushed himself up out of his chair. He stood looking up at all three of the younger people then leveled his steely gaze on Taeryn.

“You’re gramma called looking for you. I covered you for now but it’s only a matter of time before she realizes where you’re at and not long after that she’ll know what you’re up to. Get whatever it is you need to get and get the hell back here. That woman always knows when I’m eluding her. And you two…..watch your backs…and pretty boys here.”

Torri nodded.

”Sure thing, Sam. See you in a little while.”

Sam watched the three of them file out of his B&B. As the door closed behind them, Sam muttered under his breath.

“I hope so, kid.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Indian10Aurora was taking everything in like an excited child....at least that's how she came across to anyone who bothered looking at her. Most of the people though, gave her and Beau a wide berth not wanting to anger the wolf with it's sharp teeth. For the most part, Rori found it amusing and yet lonely at the same time. Sensing her change in moods, Beau whimpered at her, nudging her hand with his muzzle his intelligent amber gaze peering up at her.

"It's alright, Beau....just feeling a little lonely for human companionship is all. But, I have you and Eryn and that is all I truly need."

She patted him on the head, which came up even with her waist. At one point early in their walk, a police officer had stopped them, inquiring about legal permits to have a wolf out and about. Of course she presented them easily, never leaving without them just for this purpose. The southern officer turned on his charm to the beautiful Native American, but all he got for his good looks and southern charm was a smile from Aurora. "Your city is beautiful....and I will be careful of Beau here. But, unless I am in danger he is no more than a teddy bear."

She continued on, but her senses were taking in everything that posed a threat. Finally, she wound up at one of the city's parks where she and Beau could relax some in the beauty of the trees and quietness of nature. She sat down on a bench, off of the walking trail and thought. ~How am I going to find Hiawatha's bow? Where do I even begin to look? And what do I do about this druid? I know little of druids, except that most are not very nice.~ She sighed, stroking Beau's head.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:40 pm

They weren’t really anything to look at as they walked down the street. Sionn, Taeryn and Torri looked like most other tourists visit the Big Easy. The only difference was what they wore beneath their coats. Well, two of them at least. Sionn always had his hammers with him and Torri never went anywhere without her knives. And Taeryn…well…he had abilities that couldn’t be seen with the naked eye. Unless he wanted them to be seen.

The only difference in this trio, as opposed to ‘normal’ tourists was the way they moved. Most others would stop and admire certain structures or areas of interest but these three moved with a purpose. And with a certain fluid grace that would remind someone with a trained eye of what a seasoned hunter looks like in an urban setting.

Taeryn lit another smoke and Torri could smell the vanilla right away. It seemed to be the predominant scent that could be smelled when he first lit the thing. She was just getting ready to say something to him about smoking, again, when she caught sight of another tourist.

With a wolf on a leash.

She slowed her pace and when the men noticed her slowing they immediately became defensive and starting glancing around then looked in the direction she was looking in. As they walked up on either side of her, Torri spoke in a hushed voice as she continued walking at her slower pace.

”Well now…..That’s something you dun see in New Orleans every day. What do you make of it boys?”

Sionn let a small smirk ease over his features as he checked out the dark haired beauty walking on the opposite street side as they were.

“She’s quite the looker, T. I’d even chance a bite from the beastie to say hi to her.”

Torri gave Sionn a glaring glance before looking back at the woman and wolf.

”I’d be fearful of where the beastie would bite ya, brother. Given where his head would be and where your…assets rest, it wouldn’t be a good match up. For you, anyway.”

Sionn furrowed his brows and glanced down at Torri.

“You pain me, sister.”

Torri actually chuckled softly.

”Not as much as that beastie would if it happened that way.”

Sionn looked up at Taeryn then and gestured to Torri.

“See what I gotta put up with on a daily basis. Be glad ya dun have ta.”

Torri glanced quickly at Taeryn over her shoulder before she looked back at Sionn.

”It’s all in good nature, brother.”

Sionn smiled brightly then and put his arm around Torri’s shoulders giving her an affectionate squeeze as he pulled her towards him causing her to slip off balance slightly.

“Ah ya know I love ya, T.”

She squirmed out of his half hearted embrace, chuckling.

”Aye…..and I you but don’t let it show in public, Sionn. People might start getting the impression I actually give a shite about something other than my bow.”

Sionn couldn’t help but throw back his head and laugh then look over at Taeryn and wink slightly

“Oh no, T. We wouldn’t want THAT to happen now, would we?”

Torri glanced at the dark haired woman with the wolf again and furrowed her brows as she thought out loud for the others to hear.

”Why do I get the feeling she is more than just a tourist?”

She glanced up at Taeryn then and her expression softened slightly.

”Are you able to see anything around her that would make her stand out as opposed to others, Tae?”

She didn’t like asking Taeryn to use his abilities knowing how it could affect him but right now, his abilities would be able to give them something they couldn’t know otherwise.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Indian10Beau gave a small growl, his amber eyes turning to the three people watching him and his mistress. Aurora laid a small hand on his head, just as she too caught them staring at her and Beau. Her dark eyes took in everything about them and she had a feeling that the redheads were what her mother used to speak about......the fae folk. They had an unearthly air about them, but she was not experienced enough to pass judgement, and so she didn't. Instead, she smiled at them then turned back to Beau.

She was out of her element here and she knew it, but she had a job to do and after her conversation with her mother that morning, she was all that more determined to find the bow and quickly. She looked again at the trio, noticing that the redheaded male was smiling at her. Again, she smiled back but that was all she gave him as she knelt down to whisper something to Beau.

"I believe we are attracting too much attention, Beau."
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 RhainBanner
Rhain watched the trees begin to thin and sighed. He didn't like leaving the forest. The shady density of the trees felt safe and so like home. He'd given up a long time ago not laying claim to all the forests of Scotland. They were his home and leaving it meant momentarily breaking their long-established bond of you-protect-me-I'll-protect-you. Standing just within the lingering shadows, Rhain rubbed his increasingly shaggy chin. He hadn't been able to shave since he sliced his face open on some poacher's trap. Luckily being both startled and pissed off gave him the power to destroy it before it harmed anything else. In the passing days though, everything just got itchier and rougher.

Peeking out at the town, Rhain hoisted his backpack a little higher on his shoulders and double checked that his trusty knife was where he needed it. He then reluctantly trudged out into the daylight. The sun beat down on him with all of its might until it retreated mercifully behind a passing cloud, pregnant with the constant threat of rain. Despite the other advantages towns afforded him, such as the possibly opportunity for odd jobs should he need to purchase things like soap, there was always going to be something in the forefront of his mind and that was gossip. Not just any banter, of course, but rumors about a particular family betrayed by their own son...

Rhain knew about as much about the Morghan houses whereabouts as they did his own, but it was always worth a shot. He had no illusions about the power of gossip and its ability to travel. As he moved down the streets, his ears immediately perked at every idle conversation they could possibly pick up. With every intersection, he moved towards the more dense areas of the town or wherever he saw the most people. This town was a good size, relatively crowded, but not so big that everything was some kind of chain or big corporation that had no interest in hiring a man for a day. He stopped at a restaurant and peeked inside. Sometimes these jobs came with added benefits if he played his cards right...

It was afternoon and the small pub was crowded with patrons but he was approached as soon as he crossed the threshold.

"Can I help ya?" asked the grizzled, middle-aged man who looked very authoritarian.

"Yeah, I'm lookin' fer some work," said Rhain, "just tempor'ry. Ya need some cleanin' or anythin'?" The man paused, giving Rhain a once-over before his eye took a sympathetic look.

"Ya homeless?" he asked.

"No," Rhain replied, "jus' a bit down on me funds."

"Aye," the man nodded, "hearin' a lotta that these days." He motioned for Rhain to come inside and led him through the tables back to the bar. "Ya come at the right time," he said, "lunch rush's started and I'm werkin' me arse off. You wash dishes?" Rhain nodded. "You werk tha day fer me and I think we can werk somethin' out. Ya hungry?" Rhain paused. Truthfully, he wasn't but he'd found that not being so tended to make people look at him sideways.

"Aye," he replied, "been a few days." The man nodded, his face falling sympathetically again-- Rhain knew that look. "Damn shame," the owner was thinkin' now, "poor lad's too ashamed to admit bein' homeless." "Follow me," said the owner as he led Rhain into the back. He barked at the cooks to fix tha lad something to eat and then show him how to wash dishes. Rhain smiled gratefully as the owner left and the cooks turned to him.

"What d'ya want?" one asked.

"Anythin' without meat," Rhain replied with a grin.
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Erich

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Annette

Erich and Annette had been so embroiled in research since the kids left that things were a bit out of sorts around their homestead as of late. The biggest of all was the fact no real supper had been cooked. And Erich’s stomach was telling him it was dinner time. Rubbing his eyes and pushing away the book he’d been studying he looked over at Annette who was furrowing her brow as she studied the book she had before her as well. With a smile, he stood up and stretched as he made his way over to where she sat.

“Ye keep frowning like that, my dear, and wrinkles will form on yer forehead thinking they have a permanent home.”

Annette raised her head and looked up at him with that same furrowed brow then blinked and chuckled as she stood and stretched as well.

“Aye? Is that so? Maybe it’s high time they start showing up more regularly.”

Erich feigned hurt and placed his hand over his heart.

“And cause me such heartache? Oh but wait….that can’t happen. Even if you were as wrinkled as those crazy Chinese dogs I’d still think you were the most beautiful lass in all of Scotland.”

Annette laughed softly then raised a fine brow.

“Only Scotland?”

“Aye. If the Chinese think a dog with wrinkles such as that is beautiful, I’d hate to see what their definition of ugly is.”

Again Annette laughed and shook her head then her smile faded as she realized how late the hour was.

“Oh no….I’ve not taken the time to fix us dinner.”

Erich chuckled and placed his hands on her shoulders.

“Don’t worry, ‘Nette. I’ll go into town and bring us back some of William’s best stew and fresh baked bread. Maybe even pick up a bottle of wine and have us a nice candlelight dinner. Just the two of us.”

As he was leaning down to kiss her, Annette spoke softly just before their lips met causing Erich to stop in mid thought.

“And perhaps some of that delightful bread pudding he makes as well?”

Erich chuckled and shook his head leaning back to look down at his wife again.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d swear you planned it this way all along.”

It was Annette’s turn now to feign hurt.

“You wound me, Erich. Truly.”

Erich laughed softly.

“Aye….I can tell. Alright…I’ll be back in a bit.”

He leaned down and kissed Annette softly and then looked down at her with concern in his eyes.

“Be safe until I get back.”

Annette nodded.

“Aye…always.”

Reluctantly releasing each other’s hands as Erich walked away, Annette stood and watched her husband leave their home then signed as she looked around.

A short time later, Erich was walking into the local Pub and looked around cautiously as he made his way to the bar. A grizzled, middle-aged man looked up from his paper and smiled as he saw Erich. Walking around from the back of the bar, he greeted his friend with a firm, if not painful, handshake.

“Ah….Erich….good t’see ya lad. How’r things going back on the homestead? Annette keeping you busy?”

There was a hidden meaning in the man’s question and Erich couldn’t help but chuckle and nod as he sat down at the bar.

“Aye….more than I could have ever imagined.”

The man clapped Erich on the back soundly and laughed jovially then walked back around the bar.

“So what brings ya here, m’friend?”

Erich smiled sheepishly.

“The need for food, Robb. Ya wouldn’t happen to have some of that stew William’s famous for on Thursday’s would ya? Oh…and a loaf of bread and a bottle of red?”

Robb laughed softly and nodded.

“Indeed I do. All of that. But the bread isn’t quite finished yet. Got about another 10 t’15 minutes. Mind waitin’?”

Erich gave the man a look.

“Do you think I would have a choice?”

Robb laughed jovially again and nodded then turned and poured a mug of ale for Erich and turned back around to hand it to his friend.

“Ah women…..they certainly know how to train us well. Where’d we be without their gentle potter like hands on our lumpy, clay bodies?”

Erich chuckled as he picked the mug up.

“Lumpy clay, my friend…lumpy clay.”

Just then the door to the kitchen opened and out walked a young man right around Sionn and Torri’s ages. Erich had never seen the lad before and he raised his brows. There was a brief moment when their eyes met and Erich had the oddest sensation he knew the lad. But this was the first time he’d seen him. Right? As the young man walked towards tables cleaning up dirty dishes, Erich watched over his shoulder for a brief time then turned to look at Robb and thumbed back towards the lad. Keeping his voice low, Erich asked Robb about the boy.

“Where did the new help come from?”

Robb watched the young man for a moment then looked at Erich, also keeping his voice low.

“Wondered into town this morning looking for some work. Said he isn’t homeless but I dun believe him. He’s as skinny as a rail. Looks like he hasn’t slept decently in a while either. Figured I’d let him give me a hand in here since it was Nick’s day off and all. Not sure what I’ll do t’morrow though. Can’t afford to pay him AND Nick.”

Erich continued to watch the young man before turning around to look at Robb.

“Well….just might be able t’help with that. I could use some help what with the kids out of town. Think he could handle the beasties?”

Robb looked at the young man and shrugged.

“Dunno. What he lacks for in muscle he makes up for in stamina. Guess that has to count for somethin’. Right?”

Erich nodded.

“Indeed.”

As the young man came walking back with his bus boy laden with dirty dishes, Robb spoke to him as he passed by.

“Put that down when you reach the sink then come back here.”

The young man seemed to startle. He glanced at Robb then to Erich then back to Robb and nodded before he disappeared into the kitchen only to reappear a few moments later. When he reappeared Robb gestured to Erich.

“This is my good friend Erich. He may have something for ye ifin yer interested.”

Erich stuck his large hand out for Rhain to take if he wanted to and smiled.

“Erich….Erich McGhee…..nice to meet you. You wouldn’t happen to be good with domesticated beasties, would you….?”

Erich left the question dangling in hopes the young man would supply a name for himself.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm

"Rhain," was all he offered by way of a name, but he took the man's hand and shook it warmly. "And aye, I've got a bit of experience with tha beasties, though no so much the domestic kind. I'm sure I can work through it though." He smiled, "mostly I'm just lookin' for somethin' temporary though. I'm a bit of a wanderer'. What kinda beasts are ya thinkin'?"

Through his friendly smile, Rhain's eyes remained sharp and seemed to watch the man's every move.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Over the years Erich had learned how to read a person by their body language and this fellow was saying quite a bit. His grip was firm but not overpowering nor was it limp and mushy. And from the calluses Erich felt he was used to hard work of some sort. Bright eyes that observed everything. Just what Erich needed.

“Temporary is what I need, lad. When my kids return from holiday we’ll re-evaluate the situation. And the beasties are none other than sheep and cattle. Nothing too dangerous but they do tend to get themselves in a bit o’a bind from time t’time. Especially living near the coast. The craggy cliffs can be a bit of an issue.”

He looked back at Robb then back at Rhain.

“Since I have no idea how long the kids will be gone, I’d need ya on a week by week basis. If that suits yer needs, of course. There’s a place for ya t’hang yer hat and get cleaned up at the end o’the day as well. All private, of course. Think ya might be interested?”
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Rhain considered this carefully. He never was a fan of staying in one place for too long. It felt against his nature. Wandering was all he ever knew. Still, it may let him pile up a fair bit of money which would mean he wouldn't have to work again for a while. A longer stay with other people meant a longer stay in the woods on his own... it seemed like a fair deal, and the man promised him privacy, which to Rhain was a matter of life and death. If the man kept animals on a craggy coast and came into this small town for food, it was likely he didn't have too many nosy neighbors. The longer he weighed the options, the more it seemed silly not to take Mr. McGhee up on his offer.

"Aye, that should do me fine," said Rhain, shaking the man's hand again.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:42 am

Erich smiled a genuine smile and shook the lads hand to seal the deal just as William emerged from the kitchen with the requested items Erich had asked for. Sliding off the stool, Erich reached behind him to retrieve his wallet so he could pay for his food and drink.

“Excellent then. I’ll expect ya at the end of yer shift. Robb here can give ya directions to the place. I’ll let my wife know to be expecting you so she can get yer room ready for ya.”

He handed Robb the money and reached to gather up the box of food when William saw the look on Erich’s face and grinned.

“It be there lad. I know Annette well enough t’know she’d skin ye alive ifins ye didn’t return with me bread pudding.”

Erich felt a wave of relief wash over him and chuckled.

“Aye….that she would, Liam old friend.”

He smiled at Robb and nodded his head then looked to Rhain and gave that same smile and nod.

“See you in a few hours lad.”

Gathering up the box he turned and walked towards the door. When he got home he slipped into the house with the food. Annette already had the table set for them and greeted him at the door.

“Well, Erich m’love, I see you didn’t forget a thing.”

Erich chuckled and kissed Annette quickly as he slipped past her.

“Thanks to William. I almost forgot yer bread pudding.”

Annette clicked her tongue.

“Ye have no idea how lucky ye are ye didn’t”

Erich chuckled even more and nodded as he set the box down on the table then turned to embrace his wife lovingly.

“Oh yes I do. I’d be denied the pleasures only you can give me for what I’m sure would be a fortnight.”

Annette scoffed softly and placed her hands on his chest near his shoulders.

“A fortnight? And here I was thinking longer.”

Erich feigned hurt once more.

“Again you wound me dear ‘Nette.”

Annette laughed softly and rose up on her toes to kiss him softly.

“Then let me play nurse maid to your wounded pride.”

As they finished up dinner, Erich explained about Rhain and Annette blinked as she took a sip of the red wine Erich brought back with him.

“After what happened with the kids do ye think it’s safe, Erich? What if he’s working with the deranged visitor the kids had to deal with?”

Erich shook his head.

“I’m a good judge of character and if he IS working with that fella, then he’s good at hiding it. Besides, if he really was, he wouldn’t have been able to control himself and not do SOMETHING to cause trouble at the Pub.”

Annette was pensive for a long moment and her brow furrowed in thought. Finally she sighed and nodded.

“I’ve never known ye t’be wrong so I’ll defer to you on this. I’ll be sure to get his room ready for him off the barn.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Indian10Aurora began to walk away from the trio, but had noticed that Beau really hadn't shown any aggression towards them. As she walked a few feet, a man ran into her causing Beau's hackles to raise and a low growl to come from deep within his chest. Aurora lay a quieting hand on his massive head as she steadied herself.

"Oh!! Excuse me, ma'am."

The man smiled warmly down at her, reminding her of how tiny she was. She began to tell him that it was alright when he grabbed her arm with her bare hand, his eyes casting a maddened look about them. Beau was pushing himself in between the man and her, not attacking as of yet. He was well trained so that he wouldn't attack unless Aurora told him to or she was incapacitated and needed protecting. As it was, right now the wolf was simply trying to wedge his large frame in between them, snarling and growling at the same time.

"My master knows you are here and what you are looking for. He also knows that you have the quiver of arrows in your possession. You won't find the bow before he does and then he will come for the quiver."

As Aurora's dark eyes widened, she began to feeling a burning sensation where the man held onto her bare forearm. She looked down to see steam coming from beneath his hand and the burning pain increased as he laughed maniacally at her. She struggled for a mere second before giving the order, "Beau....now!"

Beau was on the man within a split second, his jaws biting into his thigh, his sharp teeth sinking deep. The man did nothing, not a yell or a scream. He just looked down at the wolf and ripped his leg free. As he began to run off he laughed again and pointed at her and then the three across the way.

"He knows you are all here and he will find the artifacts before you do."

With the last word, he turned and ran, disappearing. Aurora grimaced, looking down at her arm and the perfect shape of the handprint burned into her forearm in first and second degree burns. Beau immediately began licking the burn, soothing it with his tongue.

"Thank you, my friend....but we need to figure out where my ancestor's bow is and quickly."

She looked back at the three across the way and wondered just how did they fit in to all of this.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:00 am

Torri was waiting for Tae to give his report and watching the dark haired woman from across the street. When the man appeared and walked right into the woman, Torri furrowed her brows. It was quite a hard hit for it to be accidental. Traffic and other noises made it difficult for Torri to hear what the man was saying but she could see by the woman’s facial expressions something wasn’t right. Not to mention how the wolf was reacting.

Sionn and Taeryn also watched the events unfold and while the traffic was heavy, they darted out into the street and started running towards the woman and man when they saw the way the wolf clamped down on the man’s thigh. Holding their hands out for traffic to stop so they could pass, they had to hesitate a few moments to wait and make sure the drivers DID stop.

By the time they made it over to the side of the street the woman and her animal occupied, the man had turn and run away but not before delivering an ominous message. When they reached the street, Sionn immediately went to the woman and saw the burns. Torri, without thinking, took off after the man and yelled at Taeryn to stay with Sionn.

”Stay here….”

Torri picked up on the blood trail left in the man’s quick escape and disappeared around the corner of a building. Sionn went to reach for the woman’s arm to see if he could perhaps help soothe her pain when the wolf growled menacingly at him. Taeryn, who didn’t have time to say anything to Torri as she went dashing off, snapped his gaze at the wolf then placed his hand on Sionn’s arms and shook his head. Sionn nodded thinking Taeryn knew what was best this time around.

Sionn looked at the woman and smiled his winning smile as his green eyes danced.

“Nice beastie ye have there, Miss, but how am I gonna give ye first aid when I can’t reach ya?”

His Scotish accent was unmistakable and his red hair and green eyes made him stand out even more up close. Taeryn watched the exchange curiously but he kept watching in the direction Torri had last been seen to see if he could see her returning as his brow furrowed in concern.

“Does tha’ sister of yers always take off like a bat outta hell?”

Sionn looked up at Taeryn, glanced over his shoulder and nodded as he looked back at the man.

“Aye…that she does….”

Turning his attention back to the dark haired woman, Sionn raised his brows in silent question to his aide that was offered.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Indian10Aurora laid a gentle hand on Beau's head, "Easy, my friend. I think they're on our side." Beau stopped growling but he amber gaze never left the green eyed man and he positioned himself so that he was standing in between Aurora and the man. Smiling, she shook her head at the large timber wolf and turned her dark eyes onto the man standing in front of her.

"He is very protective of me but he won't harm you unless I tell him to", she said as she held out her left arm for the man to look at. The burns were painful, some of the skin already showing small blisters. Her face was blank but her dark eyes showed that she felt it. "Please....some help would be nice."

Beau watched the man intently, making sure that he didn't cause any more harm to Aurora when there was a cry from above. Looking up, Aurora saw Eryn, the red-tailed hawk, circling before landing on a tree branch right next to her. The beautiful bird cocked her head, her golden eyes staring at the two men.

"It's okay Eryn....he's not harming me. Please go and check on the woman chasing the man who did this. Make sure she doesn't need your help, my friend."

The hawk gave a soft sound directed to Aurora, who smiled warmly at the large raptor. She pushed off of the branch and flew in the direction Tori had gone. Aurora saw the looks on the two men's faces and giggled, "She is with me also." Aurora sensed that she could trust these people and instincts were usually right as she was the one now to cast a blinding smile onto the green eyed man. "My name is Aurora and my two friends are Beau and Eryn."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 am

The tense moments passed by and Sionn glanced at Taeryn then back to the woman. Gently taking her arm in his hands, he furrowed his brows as he saw the blisters starting to form on her smooth skin. He was just getting ready to say something when he heard the screech overhead and saw a red tailed hawk? In the Big Easy? This was stranger than anything he’d ever seen before.

As the bird lighted in a nearby tree and the woman spoke to the bird, Sionn and Tae exchanged looks with each other. Obviously Torri’s first instinct about the woman was proving to be right on the mark. Of course, it shouldn’t come as any surprise to either man. Torri had the uncanny ability to gauge certain aspects about people.

As the bird took off in search of Torri, Sionn chuckled at what Aurora said and shook his head while Taeryn snorted softly and spoke up.

“Tha be a hoot….Torri needing help….and accepting it….”

Tae looked at the woman and saw the look on his face and gave her a small smile.

“No offense, ma’am..”

Sionn chuckled again and looked up at Aurora as she gave her name and those of her beast companions.

“Aurora…nice name. My name is Sionn and this scraggly looking fellow is Taeryn. That anti social one was Torri, me sister. Now…let’s take a look and see if we can’t do something…”

Sionn’s ability wasn’t for healing but he DID have the good sense to turn and mutter something to Tae who nodded his head and walked to a nearby street vendor and purchased a bottle of water. Not without complaining about the price of it to the vendor, of course. Walking back to Sionn, he handed the bottle to the red haired man.

“Highway robbery, I tell ya….three American dollars for….that…”

Sionn took the water and opened it then gently poured it on Auroras arm.

“Aye…that it is. But just think of the humanitarian gesture you just performed. You helped preserve the man’s job AND helped render first aid to a citizen. Should make ye feel better.”

Tae snorted again and glanced in the direction he last saw Torri as he took out one of his homemade cigarettes, lit it then took a long draw.

“Only one thing’ll make me feel better right now…”

Sionn glanced up and saw where Tae was looking and nodded.

“She’ll be back…and madder than a wet hornet too…..be prepared.”

Tae took another long drag and nodded.

“Aye….we’d all best be ready for plenty of growling.”

Tae glanced down at the wolf and gave a half hearted smirk.

“Present company excluded, of course.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Indian10Aurora gritted her teeth as Sionn poured the cool water over the burn, but she didn't make a sound. When he was finished, she gave him a shaky smile, "Thank you...it feels better already." Beau, on the other hand, kept his gaze on Sionn. Aurora shook her head at the wolf then looked back at the green eyed man. "It will take him some time to get used to you....that is if we meet up again. I need to return to my hotel room and make a phone call. Thank you for your help. Eryn will return to me, so please don't worry about her."

She began to walk away when Beau stopped her. He looked from her and then back to the two men, letting her know that they needed to stay....at least for a little while longer. She turned her dark brown eyes onto them, "I guess Beau knows more than he's letting on. I get the feeling that when your sister returns we should sit down and talk."
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:51 pm

It wasn't hard to find any address in the tiny town, even after nightfall. A fairly generous pile of cash sat tucked neatly in Rhain's pocket when he arrived for his next job. He could see the sheep grazing around the yard that surrounded the large house. Rhain paused to take it in and found himself hesitating. Normally, he had avoided people who looked too well-off for fear of their being too far in the loop of Elar'uma rumors. Then again, it was just him now and some habits simply may not apply. As he stood just outside the range of the house's outdoor lights, he noticed a few of the sheep meandering his way, some glancing curiously in his direction but most just following a patch of green grass. A smirk tugged at the corners of Rhain's lips and so rose an urge he could almost never suppress.

Ducking into the shadows, Rhain let out a low growling noise that made all of the sheep turn their heads and stare in his direction. He waited a few seconds for them to turn their interest back to grazing before letting out another, this time louder and a bit of a snarl. Now the sheep stiffened, staring fixedly in his direction once more, their ears pricked and their dull eyes alert. He waited again for them to calm before letting out a full-on howl that sent the sheep running back to the other side of the house. Rhain snickered and started back towards the front door when it swung open and the man from the pub appeared looking worried.

"Oh you're here," he said to Rhain who flushed slightly, though thankfully was in enough shadow to cover it, "are ya alright? I thought I heard a wolf or somethin' out here."

"Oh, aye," Rhain replied with a confident smile as he approached the man, "no worries, I think I scared 'im off."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:36 am

Sionn reluctantly released the woman’s arm but the look the wolf was giving him was enough to convince him he needed to let go. After all, he couldn’t touch her if he was minus a hand. He once again exchanged looks with Taeryn, who was still stewing about where Torri had gone, and was getting ready to say farewell to the dark haired beauty when the wolf seemed to be trying to tell her something.

Raising a brow at the animals actions, he once more glanced to Taeryn, who was now looking at the woman and wolf, with raised brows.

“Seems th’wolf be having other ideas there, Sionn, me man. And ifins I were you, I’d best heed what he has t’say. If ye catch m’drift.”

Sionn nodded then looked back to Aurora and was just getting ready to say something when he heard Taeryn utter a soft curse.

“ ‘Bout bloody time….”

Sionn glanced at the Englishman and saw the look on his face then turned to see Torri walking back towards them. Overhead the raptor that the woman had glided on the air currents as though making sure she made it back safely. The look on Torri’s face spoke volumes and he looked at Taeryn, giving a subtle shake of his head. Taeryn, in true fashion, wasn’t about to heed the silent warning. Giving Sionn the slightest of winks, he started in on Torri as soon as she got in ear shot.

“Aye…..ye mind not doin’ that again, Red? What without someone there t’protect ya and what not.”

The look Torri gave Taeryn was nothing short of glaring.

”Really, now? And exactly who would be my knight in shining armor? You?”

Taeryn gave her a brilliant smile and nodded.

“Oh Aye….”

Torri snorted rather unladylike.

”Chivalric Englishman….I’ll be sure to keep that in mind, Mr. Lake.”

Taeryn looked wounded.

“Ah…I see I’ve upset ya….for-“

Torri cut him off quickly when her attention turned to Aurora and she glanced from the dark haired woman to Sionn with an all too familiar look on her face.

”Save it. And who would we have here, Sionn? A damsel in distress, I ‘spose.”

There was something in the way Torri said that that made one think of it as anything but a compliment or endearing. Sionn glanced from Torri to Aurora and smiled.

“Torri, meet Aurora. Aurora meet my sister, Torri.”

Torri sized the woman up and looked down at the wolf as it gave a slight growl. Quirking a delicate brow over her left eye, she glanced Aurora and gave a smirk.

”Charmed. I’m sure.”

The raptor screeched softly and Torri glanced at the bird to seeit resting in a nearby tree.

”That bloody thing won’t stop following me. I almost had the bloke when that thing screeched out. After that, I lost him in a crowd of people.”

She looked back at Sionn.

”If I had my bow, I’d be in for some target practice.”

Sionn visibly winced and Taeryn grumbled. Torri furrowed her brows even more and looked at the both of them.

”What?”

Sionn glanced to Aurora then back to Torri.

“Well, sis, you see….the bird, like the wolf here, is a personal friend of Aurora here. She sent the feathered friend to make sure you were safe.”

Torri bristled at the thought and leveled her green eyes on Aurora.

”Is that a fact. Well….just for the record, I dun need any help from feathered beasties.”

She glanced down when she heard the wolf growl softly again.

”Or furry beasties either.”

Looking back up at Aurora, she let out an agitated sigh.

”I suggest ya keep your ‘friends’ under control. Next time one of them gets in my way, I won’t hesitate to do whatever is necessary. Now, if you will excuse us…”

She turned to walk away then noticed Sionn and Taeryn just standing there giving her disapproving looks from both of them.

”Are you two coming or what?”

Sionn shook his head.

“I think there’s more going on here than we realize, T. We should at least find out more about Aurora.”

Torri curled her hands into fists as her arms rested at her sides and turned her head away clenching her jaw and softly uttering a curse in her native language. Taeryn raised his brows and clicked his tongue.

“Aye? And where’d ya learn how to converse like that? The docks?”

Torri glared at him.

”Not all of us are as refined as you are….deal with it.”

She glanced at Sionn and walked back towards him.

”This better not end up with you barely escaping with your hide in tact again, Sionn….I mean it.”

Sionn smiled brightly.

“Not on your life, T.”

The trio turned to Aurora then and Sionn spoke up.

“So….what brings ya to the Big Easy?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 am

Erich looked past the young man to make sure everything was OK with the animals then ushered him inside.

”Come on in….no need in catching cold the minute ya arrive. We’ll take ya out to your room here in a few. I’d like for ya t’meet the wife. Annette? The lad is here!”

As if appearing from a from thin air, Annette seemed to suddenly appear from Rhain’s opposite side.

”Good evening t’ya. Glad you found the place OK. Erich told me you were coming. Nice to meet ye. I’m Annette.”

She held her hand out for the young man to take in greeting and saw the hesitation. It struck her as odd but then again, there were many odd things happening around the world as of late. When he finally accepted her hand he made a quick shake then released it as though she were contagious or something. She glanced at Erich then back to Rhain.

”Well then…shall we show you to your room?”

With a nod of the lad’s head, she and Erich made their way, with Rhain in tow, towards the stone, white washed barn. It wasn’t small but it wasn’t as large as some of the others on neighboring farms. As the door was opened the smell of fresh straw and animal flesh greeted them. It wasn’t offensive in the least, if you didn’t mind that sort of thing.

Stalls sat along the outside walls and in the middle was a wide open area with feed troughs and trenches for cleaning the barn. A few of the cattle stood in the stalls on one side and several horses occupied the stalls on the opposite side. All of them looked up curiously, the cattle lowing softly. Annette spoke to them as though they were people reassuring them all was OK. The bovine chewed lazily as they watched the humans move about their barn.

Erich turned to the right and walked through the barn until they came to heavy wooden door in the far, back corner. When he opened it he clicked on the l light. It was a spacious room with a decent size bed along one wall, a dresser and wardrobe on another. A large, throw rug covered the stone floor and on the opposite wall of the bed, the outside wall, a large fireplace glowed with the flames of a warming fire. Several, large windows would provide ample, natural lighting during the day and there were blinds in place now to prevent anyone from looking in at night.

It was neat and clean and private. Erich walked through the room and opened a door in the corner to show there was a full, functioning bathroom. He indicated the heater on the wall and showed Rhain how to use it. Walking to the wall the headboard of the bed rested on he showed Rhain the door that lead to the outside so he wouldn’t have to walk through the barn to get to his room all the time.

The entry door was on the opposite side of the house so it was possible for Rhain to come and go from the house without ever being seen. When the room was inspected and presented, Erich and Annette turned to Rhain nd Erich spoke up.

”Well, lad. Do ya think this will do? If so, you’re more than welcome to stay. We rise early, 5 AM to be precise. We eat breakfast at 5:30 and head out to the barn and pastures from there. Hope ye know how to set astride a saddle. We’ve got to check on the remote pastures.”

Annette smiled softly at the young man.

”Is there any special requests for your meals? If I don’t have what you want or need, I’ll get them first thing tomorrow.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Indian10Aurora raised her eyebrows at Torri and then her dark eyes became darker as she clearly insulted her but she kept quiet...for now. She gave Sionn a tight lipped smile when he introduced them and only nodded her head at Torri. Aurora may seem sweet and innocent, but there lay something wild beneath her exterior. She didn't bother to quiet Beau either when he glared at the other woman and growled at her, but when she threatened both Eryn and him, she tensed. After all was said and done and Sionn pointed out that they all should get to know one another better and that there was more going on then first suspected she did speak.

"I will remember that you don't need anyone's help. Just so long as you remember that it was you who implied it when help does not come at the time you need it most." Having said her piece to the red headed woman, she turned away from her as if dismissing her like she would a fly and turned to Sionn. "Perhaps we should find a safe place where we can discuss what we have in common and then we can exchange stories. It is clear that we shouldn't discuss anything out in public." She stroked Beau's head as he nudged at her leg and then she whistled to Eryn who flew off to a higher tree. "She will keep watch, following us until we find somewhere were we can talk. Please make sure you don't shoot her for keeping ME safe." The last she said to Torri, her voice rather mocking.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:26 am

Torri glared at the dark haired woman again.

”Just for the record, ma’am, I never implied anything. It was you’re interpretation of a conversation you had no business being a part of that caused you to come to the incorrect conclusion.”

Taeryn stepped in then and placed himself between the two women thinking it was far better than the fight that was brewing between them.

“Ladies…..might we do as Aurora here has suggested? It’s obviously not safe t’remain out here. We were just heading t’the city offices to take a look at some floor plans. Why don’t ya join us? Perhaps we can figure out what’s going on here?”

Torri glared up at Tae’s back and when he turned around to glance over his shoulder at her, she grumbled something under her breath and brushed past him making sure she placed enough distance between her and the woman so she wouldn’t have to be bothered with her blathering.

Sionn and Taeryn exchanged looks and both sighed. Tae picked up his pace to catch up with Torri while Sionn fell in step beside Aurora.

“She’s not so bad once ya get to know her. Really. It’s just that strangers have always caused trouble for us.”
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 am

Rhain looked around the small enclosure and nodded. It was easily the fanciest barn he'd ever stayed in when he had to stay in a town for longer than a day. The fireplace was certainly a nice touch, but the apparent status of this family set him a little on edge. Normally, his aim was for the simpler folk with less influence and access to certain gossip...

Distant childhood memories flitted across his mind, but they were gone nearly the instant they appeared.

"Aye, this'll do fine, thank-ya," said Rhain. He walked slowly further into the room and looked around until the woman asked about food. "Oh, I don't eat much, there's no need to fuss," said Rhain politely, "I should tell ya though, I don't eat for the things I care for. What grows from the ground does fine by me."

He finally turned to face them full on and managed a smile. "Thank ya fer puttin' me up in such a nice place," he said. After a pause, he backed up a bit and sat gingerly down on the edge of the bed, letting his feet bask in the hot glow of the fire.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:04 am

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 SionnBanner

The small group made their way into a quiet bar near downtown and sat in a booth near the back. The room was dark and smelled of mold. It was not the most bright of places but they were going for privacy and this was the perfect place. A young woman approached as they sat and cocked her eyebrow as she looked over the group, "Well, don't see your kind in here too often, if ever, what can I get ya?"

Sionn exchanged a slightly alarmed glance with Tae and Torri before looking back at the woman, "Let's make it easy and have a round of Guinness." The woman looked at him again and spoke, "We don't have that."

Sionn nodded and instantly Torri would see his charm surface, "Well then my dark skinned lass, what do you have?"

"Dark skinned lass?"

The woman was obviously not in the mood for anything and was instantly leaning on her hands and looking directly at Sionn, "Why don't you get the hell out of here, you and all your white friends!"

Sionn leaned back, clearly in shock. It was then he noticed the whole bar was turning to look at them and clearly they were in an establishment where being white was not the norm. He turned and looked back at her, "Please ma'am, I didn't mean..."

"Didn't mean what you cracker ass European? I told you to get the hell out!"

Several large men stood up from around the bar area and were making their way over, the bartender had his hands below the bar and was clearly holding something, a bat, a gun, who knows, but Sionn knew that things were only going to go from bad to worse. He turned to the group and spoke, "Well friends, I s'pose we should take the good ladies advice and find our merriment somewhere else."

"You're damn right you better take the "ladies" advice!"

Sionn looked back at her and nodded in response, "Aye lass, I mean ma'am, I mean, yes... we will leave in peace."

The young woman cocked her eyebrow again and turned as the four very large men stepped up to the table, clearly intent on intimidating the seemingly helpless group.

Sionn was about to stand when one of them place a hand on his shoulder, "Maybe before they go we should make them pay the toll eh James?"

The others laughed and one spoke up, Sionn assumed this was the one called James, "Yeah, I think a fine for trespassing is in order too, what do you think Tyrone?"

Another of the men nodded, "Most definitely, these tourists always travel with a great deal of money and shit," He turned and looked at Sionn, "Now hand it over!"

"Pardon me Tyrone, may I call you Tyrone? Hand over what," The man leaned forward, "Whatever you got Bitch."

Sionn glanced at Torri and reached into his coat, "Very well lad, here ya go."

He produced a small silver ball and handed it to the man. It was about the size of a golf ball and Torri would instantly recognize it as a lightening sphere, a very powerful flash bomb designed to stun and disorient. The man looked at it curiously as he furrowed his brows, "What am I supposed to do with this? I want your cash little boy!"

Sionn's face remained calm and cool, he could hear Torri's hand tighten around her weapon, and Tae was already beginning to shift in his seat, about eight more men had now come up behind the original four and the group was completely surrounded in the corner. Sionn spoke again, "I am afraid we don't have much sir, and if I could make a small request, why not let us be on our way before things get ugly."

The man laughed hysterically and the whole group followed in suit, when he finally stopped he spoke, "And what does that mean kid?"

Sionn leaned forward slightly and spoke, "It means that you walk out, or be carried out... up to you."

Torri who was in tune with her brother would feel the static electricity beginning to build around them, a clear sign that he was beginning to channel the power necessary to attack, and he in return could feel her respond and do the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 am

This was not what Torri was looking for, although it may be just what she needed. Her mood was already sour enough with little miss helpless across the table from her and sitting next to Sionn but to have this outright hostility coming at her and the others was uncalled for. She was no stranger to the fact racism existed everywhere but to see this side of it really struck her like fingernails scraping against a chalkboard.

As the woman made her demands to leave and Sionn was more than willing to do as she requested, Torri was ready to let things pass without saying anything to anyone. But when the goons got intot he middle of things, she could feel her temper surfacing. Her green eyes shot daggers at the men and she let that gaze settle on each one as she sized them all up and assessed their possible abilities.

Beside her she could feel Taeryn starting to fidget in his seat and heard a soft moan that sounded something akin to ‘oh no’. Torri never took her eyes off the men that now surrounded them and as Sionn produced the ball, Torri reached into her jacket and felt the arm handle of one of the daggers she carried.

As Sionn and the men exchanged words, Torri slowly pulled the dagger out of its sheath and readied it for use. As she felt the static electricity begin to build she aided her brother in building it. The man Sionn was talking too laughed again and looked around at his friends as they laughed as well.

“Hear that? Little whitey here is givin’ ME a choice. Ain’t that some shit……”

He glanced over at Torri then and grinned as he placed his hands on the table to lean in closer and try to intimidate her.

“What’s wrong little sista? Cat got yer tongue?”

Again she heard Taeryn groan just before she tilted her head slightly and put a painted smile on her face.

”No. But at least I’ll still have my tongue when I walk out of here. Unlike some people in here right now.”

Torri saw the humor drop from the man’s face instantly at her not so veiled threat and that’s when things went from bad to worse. The man shifted his weight slightly, the tell tale sign he was getting ready to make a very hostile move towards her, and Torri moved at the same time.

In the blink of an eye, Torri had her dagger sticking out of the man’s hand, effectively skewering it to the table. He let out a scream of sheer agony causing the others to move. In the next instant, the lightning ball Sionn had produced and both Sionn and Torri helped charge came to life.

What followed was nothing short of an all out bar fight that had the siblings fighting against almost every patron that had been in the bar when they walked in. The odds were stacked against them but Sionn and Torri weren’t your average bar flies. In fact, it became very clear these two cracker asses weren’t push over’s at all.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 SionnBanner

Sionn's face went from passive to serious in a flash, just as the dagger pierced the man's hand and stuck it to the table he spun and caught the man beside him square in the jaw with a punch enhanced by a blast of ice that froze the man's skin instantly. Half the fellows teeth went spraying through the air and Sionn ducked as a bat narrowly missed his head. He spun again and his forearm came into contact with a third fellow who was attempting to sucker punch Torri. Using the momentum of his spin his fist rounded about and caught the man square on the front of his nose, the familiar and sickening 'crunch' sound echoed over the melee as the man's blood splashed backwards into his face and he went momentarily blind from the impact.

Sionn continued his spin and with the arm that had blocked he hooked his victims arm with his own and with a rolling spin his body was picked up and over and hurled into the side of the bar. The impact sent the bartender back as he came up with a shotgun. Sionn narrowed his gaze and brought up his hand, a blast of blue light erupted and hit the front of the gun. The Bartender lifted the weapon to his shoulder and pulled the trigger. The ice that now plugged the barrel illuminated as the flash from within was contained and the chamber exploded upwards in a deafening roar that was soon followed by the bartender's screams as he clutched at his now missing eyeballs.

Sionn felt a wallop hit him on the back and heard the sound of splintering wood as a chair exploded off his back. The light armor he wore offered protection from shards but it didn't do much for the blunt force trauma that sent him to the floor. He felt two hands grab the back of his clothing and lift him up and spin him around. He was face to face with a very large, very angry colored gentleman who was cocking his fist back while grasping Sionn by the throat. Sionn reached up and placed his palm on the bicep that was holding him and cast frostbite. The man instantly recoiled in pain and watched as his skin was instantly shriveled and began to break away from the searing cold. His anger fueled his attack and he swung. Sionn wasn't expecting the punch to come after his attack and moved to block, moving just enough to avoid the full force of the punch but still catching a good portion of it on his right shoulder.

He spun with the impact and grit his teeth as he produced his hammers and hissed the magic word that brought them to life, sparks flew from one while flames erupted around the other. Torri would feel his emotions, suddenly Sionn was not Mr. Nice Guy anymore...
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 1: A World of History
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next