Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 1: A World of History

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:50 am

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 TorriBanner

The time at the Boondock Saint was just what Sionn and Torri needed. Once the regulars figured out where they were from, it was as though they were among extended family. Sionn flirted with the local ladies, who gladly flirted back with him, and Torri smiled more than she had in a long time. A couple of the guys tried to flirt with her and she flirted back a little, but it was nothing compared to the way Sionn flirted. Her brother seemed to make flirting an art form while Torri was still fumbling through finger painting with it.

Finally after a few hours, Torri realized it was growing late and she and Sionn both had ended up having a few ales. Gently nudging Sionn towards the door, to the ladies disappointment, she laughed and told them he would most likely be back the following evening and not to pine too much for him.

Moving down the streets of the French Quarter, Sionn actually began to sing “The old Dun Cow”. Torri hadn’t heard the song in a long time and she laughed as she heard her brother recite the words in the happy little tune. By the time he reached the second verse, Torri was singing along with him.

They received a few odd glances from others who happen to be on the streets as well but neither of them cared. It had been a long time since Torri had loosened up to the point where she didn’t wear a constant scowl and actually allowed herself to have fun and Sionn was going to take full advantage of it.

” And there was Brown upside down
Lappin'' up the whiskey on the floor.
"Booze, booze!" The firemen cried
As they came knockin' on the door (clap clap)
Oh don't let 'em in till it's all drunk up
And somebody shouted MacIntyre! MACINTYRE!
And we all got blue-blind paralytic drunk
When the Old Dun Cow caught fire."

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 am

It wasn’t everyday you saw two red haired, young adults walking down the street lamp lit sidewalks of New Orleans French Quarter singing an old Scottish drinking song but there they were, enjoying themselves thoroughly. Their green eyes seemed to sparkle and their voices were in perfect harmony with each other as though they’d practiced for years of singing professionally. In truth, it was an inherited trait passed down from generation to generation. And these two were proving some inherited traits didn’t need practice. They weren’t drunk but there was no doubt they were a bit less reserved than they normally were. Well, Torri at least anyway.

Of course maybe they SHOULD have been more reserved given the fact they were in Poe’s back yard. But that didn’t seem to bother the siblings any at all. To them this was nothing more than the cap off of a good evening they had with each other and some new friends they met down the street. If they were aware of the eyes that were looking at them, they showed no signs of it. Instead, they kept walking down the street, pausing from time to time as they belted out another verse of The Old Dun Cow.

"Oh well," says Brown, "What a bit of luck.
Everybody follow me.
And it's down to the cellar
If the fire's not there
Then we'll have a grand old spree."
So we went on down after good old Brown
The booze we could not miss
And we hadn't been there ten minutes or more
Till we were quite pissed.
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Brad57-1-1

Taeryn walked briskly through the New York City streets, weaving through the crowds that were ever present in the big metropolis. Yet another epic mission from Jericho. The man would take over the leadership of the Sentinels one day, and damn if he wouldn't be a top notch leader, but, sometimes, realistic expectations weren't really his strong suit.

It wasn't as if there was a Facebook page for all the Houses to get together and discuss issues, and while Taeryn could always use his technological savvy to find things out through more shadowed avenues, it seemed that the only way this was going to get done was to ask person by person. Taeryn sighed, then took another drag of his cigarette and continued toward the nondescript office building that housed his Grandmother and their operation.

No one stopped Taeryn from smoking as he made his way up to the 11th floor, and the bluish trail of cigarette smoke trailed after him as he walked. Heading down the main hallway, he glanced to his Grandmother's door, which was firmly closed and likely locked. That was another sight that was out of the ordinary, and Taeryn momentarily mulled over the comment Jericho had made about Lilliana's behavior being outlandish. Pushing it away momentarily, Taeryn turned and entered his dimly lit office, closing the door after himself.

After flipping the latch on the door lock, Taeryn pitched the spent cigarette butt into the ashtray on his desk. He rummaged in his pocket and produced an iPhone, a lovely bit of technology, before settling into his chair with a sigh. He reclined a bit and pressed the button to activate the phone, deep green eyes ticking over the names as he searched his contact list. Tae's list of acquaintances was a long one, moderately surprising for a man who doesn't hold any punches when it comes to his opinions. He knew people who were paragons of the good and light, and he knew those who made skulking in the shadows their business. When one used information as a commodity, it helped to have a wide range of contacts. Tae used his thumb to stop the scrolling names once he reached a particular one and a small smile curled across his lips. Well, maybe this ridiculous assignment from Jericho wouldn't be too bad after all. He quickly brought up his text message screen and began typing, his thumbs flying dexterously across the screen.

-Well, hello there, Red...

Been a while, hasn't it, aye? Hope you're having a good morning... night, evening, whatever time it is wherever your travels have taken you. Now, you know my cousin, a rather overzealous Sentinel, don't you? Seems that he's got his panties in a bunch over a certain Asian Shade who likes to make use of improvised weapons here in New York. So, he's tasked me with finding out if any other bizarre occurrences have been happening around the Houses. Naturally, my first message was going to be sent right your way. I figure that you and your brother tend to find trouble ALMOST as much as Jericho and I do (we can argue the exact amount of trouble over a pint someday). So, long story short, Red... Anything that you think I might be able to report to Sir Bunched Panties?

Your favorite Spiritual Sorcerer, Tae-

With the smile lingering on his lips, Taeryn brushed his thumb across the send button and flipped his phone onto his desk beside his mouse. He glanced at it a moment longer, before sitting up and starting to type rapidly on his computer keyboard, doing some more investicagtion while he waited to hear back from a one Torri McGhee.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:43 pm

”Then, Smith walked over to the port wine tub
And gave it just a few hard knocks (clap clap)
Started takin' off his pantaloons
Likewise his shoes and socks.
"Hold on, " says Brown, "that ain't allowed
Ya cannot do that thing here.
Don't go washin' trou…….."

Torri’s singing and forward movement came to an abrupt halt when she felt the vibration of her phone in her hip pocket. Her number was known to only a select few so when her phone indicated someone was trying to contact her, she tended to pay attention.

Pulling her Droid up so she could see who and what, she saw it was a text message. When she pulled up her text message screen she saw who the message was from and instantly sobered. Taeryn Lake. For a moment she just stared at the name not bothering to read the message. Her and Sionn had joined up with Taeryn on a previous mission and she had gotten to know the self assured sorcerer who spoke his mind about as much as Torri did. She took an instant liking to the man and his way of handling situations. Not to mention he was about as outspoken as she was. If Torri could ever say there was someone even remotely like her in that aspect, it was Taeryn. Of course sometimes he was a bit too jovial for her but he elicited a few smiles from her at his quirky Brittish, dry wit.

Sionn finished a few words of the next line in the song before he realized Torri had stopped and was looking at her phone. Making his way back to his sister, he watched her reaction at getting the message.

“You OK, T? How’d Taeryn Lake get your cell number?”

Torri gave her brother a look that spoke volumes without saying a word and nodded.

”Everything’s fine, brother. Can’t I give my cell number to whoever I want? You certainly give yours out enough.”

Sionn held his hands up in mock surrender and grinned.

“Aye. You can. And I do. I never know when I may be able to contact the lovely ladies again.”

Torri actually laughed and shook her head.

”The same lovely ladies whose fathers are looking to collect your head? JUST….your head?”

Sionn laughed and seemed rather proud as he nodded.

“Aye. One and the same.”

Sighing almost longingly, Torri chuckled at her brother and touched the message and started reading. By now, Sionn had come over and was reading over her shoulder with her. Thankfully the message was strictly business. Not that Torri expected anything different but, well, the message WAS from Taeryn. It wasn’t like they had some sort of romantic interlude the last time they saw each other but Torri definitely felt some sort of connection.

That was both good and bad. But for who?

A question most likely never to be answered. And Torri was good with that.

As they both read the message from Tae, Torri furrowed her brows. Glancing over her shoulder at Sionn, he gave her a puzzled look and shrugged his shoulders.

“Maybe mum and Da know. I know I’ve HEARD of an Asian House but I can’t think of the name of it off the top of my head. If anyone would know, it’d be those two.”

Torri nodded and hurriedly sent a message to Taeryn letting him know his message was received and she was on it.

Well…..good night to you, too.

Long time no hear, you stuffy Brit. So now the only time you contact me is when you NEED something? Typical man. Assure Sir Bunched Panties he can unwad those knickers. I’m checking into the House for you. As soon as I get word on what House it may be, I’ll be sure to let ya know.

Red
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Torrie sent the message off then quickly called her mother. As Sionn and her started walking again, she waited for her mother to pick up the phone. As soon as she heard her mother’s voice, she smiled slightly.

”Everything’s fine, mum. Sam says hello, by the way. I need you and Da to look something up for me. What House would have a Shade of Asian descent?”

The streets were all but deserted now as they moved along making their way back to Sam’s B&B. Torri glanced around the streets as she heard her mother and father discussing something. She noticed the clientele on the street was even shadier than when they first left the pub down the way.

Finally her mother said something and Torri stopped short again. Sionn stopped as well and studied his sisters face as she received word of what Taeryn Lake was looking for. Torri settled her gaze on Sionn’s as she listened to the information her mother gave her. Obviously, it wasn’t good.

”No, no. We haven’t had a run in with them. Someone asked me about it and I promised I’d get the info for them. No, mum. I promise. Everything’s fine. We’re headed back to Sam’s now. We stepped out for a bite to eat. No…mum….I swear. Everything’s fine. Mum…stop. Sionn and I are just fine. Now….please….I know. I love you too. I promise. Yes. I promise. And so does Sionn. Love you too. Bye.

Sionn was giving her a very concerned look when she ended the call and started texting instead.

“What did you promise mum I’d do?”

Torri, without so much as missing a letter she was typing in on her phone or looking up, told him.

”That you’d be a celibate as a monk.”

When Sionn grew quiet, Torri dared to glance up at him and saw the look he was giving her. She couldn’t help but laugh.

”You’re so gullible at times, Sionn. She knows you better than that. She just wanted to know we’d reach out to others if things got too hot for us to handle on our own.”

“So what did she say about the House?”

Torri glanced up at Sionn.

”House Taizu. Bad ass mo fo’s.”

Sionn gave Torri a puzzled look then.

“Taizu? Isn’t that…?”

Torri nodded.

”Yep. Sure is. Which means, Mr. Jericho Lake has his work cut out for him.”

Sionn nodded.

“Aye. Glad I’m not in his shoes.”

Torri nodded.

”Me either. Mum says they’ve been under the radar for some time. In fact, there was suspicion the House had faded. Obviously that’s not the case.”

Sionn nodded again.

“Obviously.”

Torri touched the ‘Send’ button letting Taeryn know what she discovered for him.

Tae

Bad news. House Taizu. Tell your cousin to watch his back. He’s gonna need it. According to ‘rents, these members work in groups. Large groups. Specializing in neutralization by overwhelming. Fitting considering who Taizu is a temple for. Lemme know if anything else we can help with. In N.O. right now investigating strange incident from back home but can mobilize if need be.

Red
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Taeryn glanced over at his phone when it gave a small chime and smiled after noting who it was from. He flexed his fingers a bit to work them out and then snagged the phone. He flicked his thumb over the surface again to open up the message, adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose with his free hand. Maybe this little assignment wouldn't be so bad after all. Reading Torri's first message, he smiled, shaking his head. He was about to respond, when her second message came in.

This time, the smile dropped. House Taizu. That was some serious stuff right there. Jericho certainly wouldn't lighten his worries based on that fact, that was for sure. Not to say that he'd be intimidated, of course, this was Jericho we were talking about, but, at the end of the day, he was just one man. Numbers did count for something, after all. Frowning, Taeryn scribbled a quick note on a post-it note beside his computer, a reminder to fill Jericho in on this, not to mention for himself to keep tabs on it as well. Returning to the message, Tae's brow furrowed a bit as he read the last lines. N.O.? Investigating a strange incident? Hm. Well, her use of the term 'back home' would indicate that she and Sionn were abroad... and the initials 'N.O.' in conjuntion with a strange incident? Tae paused, immediately mouthing a silent curse, and began to type a response to Torri.

-Red,

I'll forward the info you just gave me, much appreciated. You know 'Cho won't back off just based on reputation, though, he's got his own bloody image to uphold. Secondly, if you're where I think you are, YOU might be the one who needs something. If you two are of the mind to do some snooping down in the French Quarter, you'd better be careful, not to mention the fact that you might want to give me a bit of information on where you'll be. I've been thinking that the Gulf might be a nice place to visit for an impromptu holiday, you understand. Who says that chivalry is dead? Now, I know you redheads can be a bit on the stubborn side, but, you might want to accept my help here. I do know a thing or two. Plus, it'd be nice to see your disapproving look again. It's been too long. Let me know.

Tae-

Taeryn sent the message and immediately switched to standard phone mode. He tapped Jericho's name and waited for the rings in his ear to end. When Jericho answered, Taeryn immediately spoke.

"Listen here, Jericho. Ye watch yer bloody arse now, y'hear me? Sources tell me tha' th'little Spring Roll yer chasin' migh' be a part o'House Taizu. If'n ye fin' yerself tryin' t'remember tha, jus' think o' some old nature shows where a swarm o'red ants take on some bloody big, yet single caterpillar. Remember 'ow tha' tends t'turn out fer th'caterpillar and then y'MIGHT just start understandin' wha' yer up against 'ere."

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Jared-leto-3-1

Jericho's voice on the other end was nothing but calm. Typical.

"Thanks for the heads up, Tae, but, I think I've got it under control. Where'd you get the info?"

Taeryn was momentarily annoyed by Jericho's unmoved response and ground his teeth together briefly, before mumbling a response.

"Torri McGhee."

Jericho's laugh boomed through the receiver and Taeryn winced.

"Ohhhh, you get on me about my style, and where do you go when I ask you to gather information, eh? I should've known, you surly dog, you."

Scowling, Taeryn continued on.

"I think she an' Sionn are in th'States. New Orleans, t'be precise."

Jericho's tone immediately sobered.

"...New Orleans?"

"Aye. Investigatin' some strange occurrences."

"In New Orleans? Shocking."

"I think tha' I migh' jus' head down there t'take in th'sights."

"...Take in the sights? Do you really think that's wise?"

Taeryn stared at the phone like it had six heads, then responded.

"Wise? Yer plannin' on dealing with an entire colony o'ants who's nest ye kicked rather handily, an' yer tryin' t'talk t'me about wisdom?"

Jericho sighed on the other end.

"Just watch yourself, huh, Tae? You know that area isn't some walk in the park."

"Aye, aye, I can take care o'myself, y'know."

"Promise me, Taeryn, don't get stupid."

"Never do, 'Cho. Never do."

With that, their conversation ended and Taeryn set the phone down. He stared at it a moment, then returned to the computer, navigating toward priceline.com. It looked as if a red-eye was in his future.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:50 pm

The phone vibrated in Torri’s hand and she read the essage Taeryn sent her. Once more Sionn read the message with her and when Torri read what Taeryn stated about a possible visit and wanting to see her disapproving look, she felt her cheeks grow warm. And it wasn’t from the alcohol she’d been consuming earlier. Sionn noticed her reaction and stepped back looking at her with a look of sheer surprise on his face.

“Torri….you’re….blushing!”

Torri shot him that look of disapproval Taeryn mentioned.

”I am not. It’s only because I had a few drinks is all.”

Sionn wasn’t convinced.

“Right….and I’m a monkey’s uncle.”

Torri shot him another look of disapproval.

”Well obviously that’s not true because you’re not an uncle yet and I’m certainly not going to give birth to a monkey when I finally do have kids.”

Sionn’s stood there with arms crossed as he studied his sister.

“Uh huh…..”

Torri furrowed her brow and shook her head.

”You’re getting off subject, Sionn. Concentrate on the matter at hand. Taeryn stated we’d best be careful here. Especially if we’re snooping around in the French Quarter. And in case you haven’t noticed. We’re right in the middle of where he said we’d best be most careful.”

Sionn glanced around as though he just realized where they were then looked back at her.

“I know where we are, T. But so far, the place seems fairly quiet. Of course that doesn’t mean much around here.”

Torri nodded.

”Indeed. I’ll text Tae back and let him know everything is OK down here.”

Torri pulled up her phone and typed in the response for Taeryn.

Yo Brit

All quiet down here. We’re staying with Sam. We’ll mind ou

The next thing Torri knew Sionn was pushing her out of the way causing her to prematurely send the text message as she dropped the phone as something charging at them from a darkened side street. Torri couldn’t tell what it was at first but the stench from the thing was terrible and she felt herself wanting to gag from it. When she finally caught sight of it in the street light she saw that it was a wild animal of some kind and it had red, angry eyes in its head but that was about all she could tell.

It was black and covered in patches of black hair that was long and stringy in some places. When it turned to look at the pair again that’s when Torri noticed the two large tusks jutting from the lower jaw that looked razor sharp. Torri narrowed her gaze at the thing then.

“Razorback….“

Sure enough, it was and Sionn, thankfully, had his hammers on him and charged the beast. The beast wasn’t a dumb as it looked and as Sionn charged, so did the boar. Anticipating Sionn’s move, the thing lowered it’s head at the last minute and made a quick move to the left. Sionn barely missed the beast but now it was charging Torri.

Sionn compensated for the miss and spun on his heels. His hammers glowed blue as he spoke a word Torri was familiar with and as the beast charged, she produced two of her daggers from their sheaths. Two ice spikes erupted from Sionn’s hammers and came flying at the beast. At the same time, Torri sent her daggers off. Sionn’s spikes hit the beast and pierced the things thick hide but all they did was slow it down and cause it to raise it‘s head back in angeras it screamed.

Torri’s daggers hit the razorback, one in the neck and the other in the upper chest. The beast fell to the pavement and skidded to a halt at Torri’s feet. She glanced over at Sionn as he came sprinting back towards her. When he got to her, they stood back to back and looked around. They could hear movement and knew there was more of the things out there but they were unable to properly fight against them here. Not with Torri’s bow back at the B&B.

Sionn glanced over his shoulder at his sister as Torri glanced at him at the same time. Sionn nodded.

“On three. Ready….three….two ….ONE!”

When Sionn reached one, they both took off running as fast as they could towards Sam’s. They could see the shingle of the B&B from where they were so they didn’t have too far to go, but certainly far enough. Torri could hear at least one more beast coming up behind them. They were almost to Sam’s when the door opened up and Sam stepped out and pulled up a cross bow and drew a bead on the siblings.

“GET DOWN!”

Sionn and Torri both dove just as Sam released the bolt. The sound of a squealing pig filled the air followed by the sound of a solid thud hitting the pavement once more. Sionn and Torri rolled to their feet and ran up the steps to Sam’s place. Once they got inside, Sam closed the door and hit the remote to secure the doors and windows.

“You’re mom called to let me know she’d heard from you and she didn’t like what she was hearing. Damn good thing she called me. I told you two there was shit out there that would make a blind man die from fright, didn’t I”

Torri nodded as she caught her breath and looked over at Sionn.

”You OK, Sionn?”

Sionn nodded.

“Yeah. Where the hell did those things come from?”

Sam reloaded his crossbow then looked at Sionn.

“I think we all know the answer to that. Only thing is we can’t prove it.”

Torri remembered her cell phone laying somewhere in the street out there.

”Dammit…..my cell phone’s out there.”

Sam looked over at her and huffed.

“Right where it’s gonna stay too. Get yourself a new one in the morning.”

She frowned but Sam was right,. It was, after all, just a cell phone.
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Taeryn was just in the midst of wading through the online flight offers when his phone went off again. Distractedly, he snagged it and glanced down at the message. It was from Torri, as he'd expected, since he'd asked for a more definite location to find her and Sionn. He narrowed his eyes at the half-message and immediately responded with a brief one of his own.

-?-

He stared at the phone as his message went out, and a moment longer, before returning his gaze to the computer screen. That half-message was troubling. Torri wasn't typically someone who made mistakes like that. In fact, her precision was one of the things that Taeryn admired about her. Regardless, the time for shopping for a great deal on airfare was about done. Green eyes skimming the offers quickly, Taeryn clicked the first one that he found acceptable and proceeded with the checkout.

Snatching his phone, Tae rose from his chair and moved to the small closet in his office. He snagged a dark hooded sweatshirt and tossed it on over his plain white t-shirt and blue jeans. He also grabbed a backpack that sat on the floor of the closet and looped one of its straps over his right shoulder. Pausing a moment, he glanced back to his desk and his computer screen. Normally, he'd go and clear out his history, even though his office was more than secure, but, this time, he just pulled his hood up over his head and briskly headed out of his office.

Speaking to no one, Taeryn made his way through the still-busy halls and into the nearest stairwell. Half-jogging, he descended to ground level and exited onto the street. He hailed a cab and disappeared into it when it appeared a few moments later. The cabbie departed a moment later, streaking off toward the airport.

A rather uneventful plane ride and a cab ride later, about four hours or so, all told, Taeryn found himself in the ever beating heart of the French Quarter. Upon exiting the cab, our stealthy traveler simply stood at the curb and looked around from beneath his hood. Being as attuned to the spirit realm as Taeryn was, this place held a whole host of hidden gems. He'd have to be completely focused here, since the sheer volume of spirits in this place could quickly overwhelm his senses. After a moment longer, he stepped into the flow of people and started down the street.

As he walked, he took his phone back out and tapped the screen. It was relatively easy to track a cell phone if one knew the proper channels, and Taeryn knew exactly that. Sweeping his thumbs across the panel, he pulled up a map, marked with a glowing green dot about two blocks away. Torri's phone had been in the same place for far too long. Either she dropped it, or she was having a grand old time somewhere on that street. As he turned onto said street and noted the lack of riotous bar scenes, Taeryn leaned toward the former.

Tae paused in the center of the street and looked around. Relatively normal street, houses, shops and such, alleys shooting off on either siade. Replacing his phone in his pocket, he started a slow stroll down the sidewalk. He hadn't gone twenty feet before he spotted the runaway phone. Quickening his pace to it, he knelt down and scooped it up, examining it briefly to comfirm it was Torri's, before slipping it into the pocket of his sweatshirt. He remained crouched and slowly examined his surroundings. Everything seemed normal, so... why the sudden loss of her phone? After a few more seconds, Taeryn saw them. They were subtle, small darkenings of the street, but, the pattern they made was unmistakable: blood.

Taeryn rose, carefully following the trail the spots made, until he came to a small alley with debris at it's entrance. Using the toe of his shoe, he nudged aside a can and a wandering sheet of paper until he found the source of the blood, Torri's bloodstained dagger. After doing his damndest to stifle the troubled expression that crossed his face, Taeryn bent and pretended to tie his shoes, pocketing the dagger as well. Well, he knew where she was then... what about now? Starting down the street again, he went right back to his trusty sidekick, his phone. Torri had said that she was staying with Sam. If it was the Sam that Taeryn expected it to be, there was only one place that fit the bill.

A short while later, Taeryn stepped through the door of 'Punkie's B&B.' He spared a moment, glancing around at the decor and any stragglers who might have been lingering, before heading to the front desk. Naturally, there was no one present there. Heaving a sigh, Taeryn pulled back his hood and ran a hand through his jaw-length blonde hair. He leaned on the desk with one elbow and cleared his throat, speaking in a slightly too-loud tone.

"Anyone know where I can fin' a man named Sam? Wee man. Th'kind tha' likes to run aroun' bitin' on ankles. Anyone know a wee man like tha'?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 am

It was quite a night. To say the least. After the encounter with the razorbacks that were, well, unnaturally comfortable with the urban like surroundings of the streets they emerged from, Torri and Sionn moved around the B&B with Sam double checking his defenses. It was almost an hour later before the siblings had grown too tired to keep vigil anymore. The long flight from Scotland and the events of the late night were too much for them. At Sam’s urging, which didn’t take much, Sionn and Torri got some well deserved showers and practically fell into their beds.

Sam was awake at the crack of dawn, as was his usual way. He had to slide the security shutters up before anyone on the street really noticed them. While it wasn’t uncommon to see such a thing when a hurricane is eminent, it was strange to see when there wasn’t even the forecast for rain in the immediate future.

He’d just gotten the shudders up and disappeared into the kitchen to brew some coffee when he heard the door open up followed by the unmistakable bellow of a Brit. After what Torri and Sionn told them about the events leading up to the razorback attack last night, Sam came to the obvious conclusion who had ventured into his B&B. Silently making his way out to the foyer, he looked up at the back of Taeryn Lake. Shaking his head and frowning he let the magician know he was most definitely there. From behind Taeryn came a calm but chilling voice.

“Call me wee again, asshole, and I’ll do more than bite your friggin’ ankle.”

When Taeryn whirled around he would see the pint sized Sam standing there with his cross bow resting nonchalantly on his shoulder.

“What the hell do you want?”

The smirk that came to Taeryn’s face made Sam want to slap the man silly. Taeryn Lake always saw the humor in everything. Sam’s eyes quickly darted up the stairs as movement caught his eye and he saw Torri with Sionn close behind take the first few steps ready to face whatever it was that had come to attack them.

“You two are getting slow…..if it’d been a real threat, I’d be cold and stiff by now. Get your asses dressed and come on down to the kitchen. Breakfast is cooking.”

He gave Taeryn a sideways glance and added.

“Hope you don’t want any of those sissy crumpets you Brits like so friggin’ much. It’s eggs and bacon around these parts. And don’t even think of lighting up in here.”

Turning on his heel, Sam disappeared back from where he came leaving Taeryn to stare at where he used to be. When Taeryn turned back around and looked up the steps he would see Torri holding her bow, with notched arrow, pointing straight at him and Sionn’s hammers glowing and ready for action. Her look quickly changed to what appeared to resemble a deer in headlights. Sionn’s hammers stopped glowing and he grinned from ear to ear when he saw who had come into Sam’s place causing all the ruckus.

Quickly lowering her bow, Torri blinked that look away and the slightest hint of a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth and her green eyes that had just been giving him a hard look changed and there was the slightest twinkle to them. Of course that only lasted a second or two before that disapproving look he’d mentioned was back in place.

”You could have been a little more considerate. This IS a BED and breakfast and it IS just slightly after dawn here.”

She noticed the smirk on Taeryn’s face grew into a full grin and for some reason that unnerved her even more. It wasn’t until Sionn leaned in closer and whispered softly in her ear.

“Aye. I think he knows that considering the fact you’re standing on the steps in your night shirt and shorts, T.”

Torri didn’t move for a moment as the words Sionn told her sunk in. Finally there was the slightest break in her composure and she uttered something under her breath before she whirled around and stomped back up the few steps she’d descended.

Sionn looked down at Taeryn and grinned back.

“Give us a few minutes and we’ll meet ya in the kitchen, Taeryn. Good to see ya again, by the way.”

Sure enough, about 20 minutes later Torri and Sionn joined Sam and Taeryn in the kitchen as Sam was finishing up the breakfast for them all. Taeryn was sitting at the large kitchen table when they walked in and Torri’s eyes brushed over his face before she walked to the coffee pot and poured herself a cup adding cream and sugar. Taking a sip as she sat down across the table from Taeryn, she coughed as she brought the cup away from her lips.

”I thought this was coffee, Sam.”

Sam glanced over at her.

“It is. You Europeans need to stop being tea totelers and learn to drink good, fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee. Puts hair on your chest.”

Torri gave him a horrified look.

”I dun want hair on my chest, thank you.”

Sam glanced at her again.

“Then the tea bags are right there and hot water is next to the coffee.”

Getting up from the table, she disposed of the black mud Sam called coffee and fixed herself a cup of tea. When she sat down this time, she sipped the tea and closed her eyes as she took in a sigh of contentment. When she opened them up she looked across the table at Taeryn and furrowed her brow.

”I didn’t think you were serious when you said you were thinking of taking an impromptu holiday. I have to say, holiday isn’t exactly what I’d call it now.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Priya4

Daybreak.

A new day. A new start. What better way to start? Priya couldn’t find a reason to argue that question. It was almost as if her body knew when the sun was coming up in New York and she slipped out of bed before the first rays began to change the sky from dark gray to amazing streaks of orange, red, purple and amber. First things first. She picked up her own cell phone and dialed a series of numbers. Waiting for the voice on the other end, her softly spoken words reflected the smile she was wearing.

”Salutations, Mr. Lake. I hope the night found you resting. I will be ready to leave my room in 10 minutes to go to the roof. Yes. The roof. I assure you. I haven’t lost my mind. You will see why when we get there. And I promise, you won’t be disappointed.”

She pressed the end button then deleted Jericho's number from her phone and closed the flip top and set about preparing to leave her room. Knowing her protector would make sure the area was clear for her, she left things in his well capable hands. After all, if she worried over his ability to protect her, she wouldn’t have called him in the first place.

By the time the soft knock came on her door, Priya was indeed ready to go. She opened the door as Jericho was standing there and placed her finger to her lips indicating quiet. She was dressed in a pair of pink yoga capri’s and a thin, white sweat jacket covering a darker pink t-shirt and sneakers. She looked at what Jericho had on and she shook her head as she chuckled softly. Keeping her voice hushed, she commented on his business suit attire.

”Do you ever relax, Mr. Lake?”

Her hair was still down and it fell in an inky, straight, soft blanket of black half way down her back. It was obvious it wasn’t going to stay like that long as she put the hair tie in her teeth and reached up behind her pulling the thick mass up.

Over her left shoulder was a small bag that appeared to have a mat rolled up in it and something else that made the mat bag heavy. As Priya moved across the carpeted floor of the hallway, she bypassed the elevator and carefully opened the door to the stairs. Glancing down then up the stairs, she slipped into the stairwell and started making her way up the flights of stairs.

If Priya was winded by the time they reached the top of the stairs, she didn’t show it. In fact, it seemed as though she was quite used to such a stair climb. After all, taking a flight of stairs that brought you to the 25th floor of a building from the 11th floor was no walk in the park.

Pirya waited patiently for Jericho to give her the all clear for the roof access door and when he did, she moved past him with a fluid grace. When she walked out of the door, she moved to where she had a clearer view of the sky. Finally walking towards the East, she set her bag down and pulled out her mat. It was nothing more than a simple yoga mat. After rolling the mat out, she stood back up and and watched the sun rise over the Eastern horizon.

Glancing behind her, where Jericho had stopped in order to giver her privacy if she wanted it, she smiled and motioned for him to join her where she stood. As he walked up to stand beside her, she looked out at the first crest of the sun. Her voice had an awe struck tone to it.

”Isn’t it amazing, Mr. Lake? Each and every day the sun rises and with it a new day greets us. A day filled with promise. Filled with hope. It’s up to us how we use this day. We can either do something worthwhile or we can squander it away. Whatever we do with it, we have only ourselves to thank or blame for it.”

She looked up at Jericho as he stood beside her and she smiled brightly, her dark brown eyes dancing with life.

”Today, Jericho Lake, is a day I embrace.”

The sun rose slowly casting its golden rays on Priya’s form as she stepped away from Jericho and approached her mat. Closing her eyes, she held her arms out at her sides from the elbow and tiled her head back slightly. As her body was covered in the sun’s rays, a slight golden glow appeared around her body. It never intensified but it didn’t fade either. After a few moments, she knelt down on her mat and let the sun embrace her.

It was almost 30 minutes later when Pirya finally stood up. The glow that surrounded her body had faded now and she looked like the same Pirya that greeted Jericho the day before. Well, save for her modern attire. Rolling her mat up and tucking it back into her bag, she pulled out a bottle of water and took a drink before she turned to Jericho and draped her bag over her shoulder. There was a look of concern on her features now as she studied Jericho.

”Mr. Lake, did you get ANY rest last night at all? There are a few lines on your forehead this morning that wasn’t there last night. Even after dealing with Rajish.”
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:02 am

Taeryn was, indeed, seated at the table when Torri and Sionn re-entered the kitchen. He had been in the process of working on the crossword puzzle in the newspaper with a mug of pitch black coffee in front of him. As the duo started their business in the kitchen, Tae folded his paper and sat up straight. When Torri sat down across from him and coughed, his gaze drifted upward to her face and that same smirk as before crossed his lips. He remained quiet though, sipping that dark brew in his mug as Torri commented on his choice of vacation. It was then that he set the mug down and settled back in his chair a bit, slipping his hands into the pockets of that dark sweatshirt of his.

"We Lakes are men o' our word, young lady, I always say wha' I mean. It's a matter o'family pride, y'know." Those green eyes of his sparkled with good humor behind his thin-rimmed glasses. "An' ye don't think tha' this is a lovely place?" He tilted his head toward Sam, then grinned. "Th'hospitality is top notch, th'decor is excellent, an' I hear tha' th' hunting this time o'year is excellent."

With that he removed his left hand from his sweatshirt and dropped Torri's dagger onto the folded newspaper in front of him, leveling his green gaze with Torri's own.

"But, I can see where ye migh' get a little unhappy with this place, aye?"

Keeping that same cheshire grin on his lips, he produced her cell phone and set that onto the paper as well. He snatched his coffee mug by the handle and took another sip. His eyes drifted between Torri and Sionn and he tilted his head to the side slightly, his expression taking on a more serious, but earnest form.

"Ye said tha' y'came here t'investingate a strange incident from back home... Considerin' who's backyard y'find yerself in, I'd say tha' it mus' be strange indeed... Anything I migh' be of help with?"
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 am

Standing outside Priya's door in a pair of grey slacks, a light blue collared shirt and basic black leather shoes, Jericho could only smile when she commented on his attire. He motioned down the hall with a tilt of his head and started to walk along with her. He walked leisurely, hands set in his pockets. Once they were far enough away, close to the stairwell, he spoke.

"Never when on assignment, Ms.Rupindra." His tone was all business, but, a calm smile was quite at home on his lips. "Besides, my grandmother would be highly disappointed with me if I wasn't at least presentable."

Chuckling a bit, he followed her into the stairwell and easily kept pace with her as she climbed to the roof. His movements were precise and powerful, the movements of a practiced athlete. When they reached the roof door, Jericho carefully slipped past Priya and out into the daylight. He took a quick scan of the rooftop, his hair blowing around his face and across his cheekbones. A brisk pacing around to the corners of the roof and check of the fire escapes later, Jericho waved for Priya to come out. He'd planned to give her space, but, when she beckoned him over, he strolled to her side.

Jericho smiled as she spoke, hearing the genuine emotion in her voice. It was always nice to hear someone that allowed themselves to feel in this world that seemed more and more jaded by the day. He cast his eyes skyward as she did. When she turned to face him again, he bowed his head slightly at the conclusion of her words. It was a gesture of almost reverence.

"You know, if more people just thought that way instead of focusing on fame and personal gain, this world wouldn't have need for men like me." He thought a moment, then chuckled. "Of course, then I'd have nothing to do with myself, so, perhaps not."

Jericho stood quietly as Priya went about her morning routine. The appearance of the glow about her body was near impossible to ignore, however, and he found himself stealing more than a few glances. It was amazing, that relationship she had with the sun, and it only intensified that natural, real beauty that many women aspire to and few can truly hold claim to. By the time Priya finished her morning meditation, Jericho was seated on the ledge that circled the roof, back by the door they'd used to get up there in the first place. Those slate grey eyes shifted up to her when she spoke, and he smiled at her concern.

"I'm not much of a sleeper, I'm afraid." He slowly rose to his feet and dusted off his pants. "A Sentinel's work is never done, after all, especially when one has a close family member who always seems to walk to the beat of a different drum."

He flashed her one of those brilliant smiles again and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Is there anything special you'd like taken care of today?"

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:08 am

There was something unsettling about the way Taeryn’s gaze held Torri’s but damned if she was going to be the one to break it first. That was until he removed the dagger and dropped it on the folded up paper. Her eyes darted to the dagger and she saw the blood that turned the normally shiny blade to a dull, almost black color in places. She was just getting ready to reach for it when he produced her cell phone as well and this time her gaze slid to his and narrowed slightly as she reached across the table to collect her cell phone.

”I dun know if I should be glad you found my things or worried. I know you possess a gift but last time I checked, I’m not dead. So that means you had to use your technological guruness to locate me. And THAT is what concerns me.”

Sionn had been sipping his tea watching everything and like Torri when Taeryn produced her things, he sat his cup down and took notice. As he heard Torri he couldn’t help but grin as he reached over and picked up her dagger to study it, giving out a long whistle.

“So you’re not as incognito as you thought, are ya T? Nice work, Taeryn.”

Sam set plates of food in front of the siblings then in front of Taeryn before getting his own and sitting down with his guests as he dipped the edge of his toast in a pair of sunny side up eggs.

“Yeah. Impressive.”

Sionn dug into his breakfast while Torri took the time to at least try and be as mannerly as she could and answer Taeryn’s question.

”Well. Mum and Da were at the emergency meeting of the Conclave when Sionn and I were attacked by some crazed Druid who used a creature made from the natural materials from the sea floor. That wasn’t so much the concern as it was he knew every move Sionn and I made AND he knew Mum and Da were gone. He would have killed us if I hadn’t distracted him long enough for Sionn to plant one of his spikes in the deranged mans shoulder. But what was the strangest of all was the fact he stole a piece of paper from Da’s den while we were……busy.”

Sionn chimed in then between bites.

“He stole the operating instruction for the Black Horn.”

Sam stopped chewing and snapped his head up to look wide eyed at the siblings then shared a troubled glance with Taeryn. Swallowing his half chewed food, Sam set his fork down and leaned forward slightly.

“Are ya sure that’s what he stole?”

Sionn and Torri both nodded then looked at each other then back to Sam and Taeryn as they saw the look of concern on both of their faces. Especially Sam’s.

”Mum and Da are concerned as well. Mum is most concerned it was a Druid from the House of Raven that stole it. They told us we needed to investigate the incident and we needed to start here. Obviously they have us on the right track. Why else would those razorbacks attack us last night if they didn’t know who and what we are? Unless I’m missing something here.”

Sam shook his head.

“Nah. The hit was what it was suppose to be. Those goddamn things are like guard dogs around here after dark. They can sniff out any of us from any of the Houses. And because their indigenous, that’s right, I used a big word pretty boy, there’s a never ending supply of the bastards. And now that they know you’re here….and the added treat of Lake here, they’ll be back tonight for certain. With backup.”

Torri and Sionn glanced at each other and then to Taeryn and Sam. Sionn asked the question burning in Torri’s mind.

“So….what do we do now?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:52 am

Priya shook her head.

”No. There’s no doubt in my mind you’ll be quite busy today making sure everything is where it should be, including me. But tonight, I WOULD enjoy taking in the sights, sounds and smells as we walk along the streets.”

She saw the look that crossed his handsome features and Priya touched his bicep gently as she moved past him towards the roof entrance door.

”I promise to stay within arm’s reach of you the entire time, Mr. Lake. But it has been my wish to get a firsthand look at the city and experience it like others do. I know I’m not like normal people but I want to live my life as normal as possible. How else can I be charged with my duties as an Arbiter if I’m not in touch with the ones who will benefit from them? Just as a monarchy must stay in touch with their subjects in order to find out where they can do the most good, so do I. Only……I’m not some matriarch who lives in a large castle. No offense, of course.”

Pausing as she turned to look towards the sun again and smile, she spoke in that awe struck tone once more.

”Hope, Mr. Lake. It’s the tiny spark that could ignite a roaring fire.”

The walk back down the stairs was spent in idle chatting about what Pirya had to do today at the UN building. Her time would be spent moving from one chamber of offices to the next but at no time did it seem as though she would leave the building. While she never said she disliked that fact there was a disappointment in her tone. After all, it was a beautiful, sunny day and the weather was absolutely gorgeous this time of year in New York.

Jercho had just opened the door to her floor when Priya heard her brother’s voice as he accosted Jericho right away.

“Where is my sister?”

Jericho was just getting ready to say something when Priya stepped in front of him and gave her brother a look that spoke volumes. Her shoulders squared, her back straightened and her head was held high. The tell tale signs of a woman who was getting ready to unload.

”Rajish.”

It was the only word Jericho recognized. After that, everything was spoken in their native language and it was clear Priya was letting her brother know what was and was not going to happen. After a few moments, Rajish calmed and the conversation turned much more civil. It was clear Rajish was scared for his sister but something Priya said calmed him down to the point where he was able to have a true conversation with her. Finally the siblings embraced and Rajish looked to Jericho and nodded before he turned and walked back to his own room. Priya turned to face Jericho once more and she smiled brightly. Seeing the puzzled look on his face, Priya tilted her head slightly.

”A caged Priya does not a happy woman make.”

Giving him the slightest of a wink, she turned on her heel and walked to her room. Taking out her room card, she slid it into the reader and heard the click. Turning the handle, she paused and looked over at Jericho and smiled, eyes dancing once more.

”I will be ready in one hour, Mr. Lake. See you then.”

Exactly one hour later, Priya opened her door when Jericho knocked and what greeted him was a Priya he had caught a glimpse of the day before, but slightly different. Her hair was left down and she wore a few pieces of jewelry. Dressed in a traditional sari of white and blue, she stepped from her room and nodded to Jericho.

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Priya

”I suppose I’m as ready as I will ever be.”

Rajish exited his room and walked over to stand beside Priya, who smiled lovingly at her brother.

”Ready?”

Rajish smiled and nodded.

“If you are, I am.”

Looking back up at Jericho, Pirya smiled brightly again.

”I believe there is a car waiting for us outside the lobby, Mr. Lake.”
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:52 am

Taeryn smirked at Torri's comment about his 'technological guruness' as she put it.

"Easy there, Red... Truth be tol', y'have a pretty secure line. Fact is, th'only way I was certain abou' where t'look and avoided wanderin' New Orleans aimlessly is because I texted and called ye a few times as I was on th'way. Usin' the information from my phone, plus yers, allowed me t'narrow down the search." He nodded toward the phone in her hand. "Check yerself. Y'should have about three texts an' two missed calls."

The fact that Taeryn had actually put the effort out to call and text her repeatedly while on the way was surely telling, but, he didn't say anything further about it. Instead, he idly picked at his eggs and sipped his still steaming coffee. He was dying for a smoke, but, this was Sam's house. Sure, Tae liked to bust the Punkies chops, but, in the end, he knew that Sam was invaluable, and a good man to boot. Not to mention the fact that he'd rather not be having a crossbow bolt removed from some area of his body. So, abstain he would, for now.

As soon as Sionn mentioned the Black Horn, his gaze shot immediately to that surly B&B proprietor, his expression instantly sobering. He set his coffee mug down with a light thud and looked back at Torri.

"Y'said tha' it was a strange incident, bu' this is a whole other animal, Tor..."

The sly wit had gone out of his voice, and the troubled expression lingered, even though he tried to mask it with another miniscule bite of eggs. He allowed the conversation to continue between Torri and Sam, silently rolling thoughts over in his mind. When Sam finished and Sionn asked what their next move would be, Taeryn cleared his throat and sat forward a bit, placing his arms onto the tabletop.

"Well, first off, I think tha' Sam here deserves a round o'applause fer that SAT word right there. Indigenous? Where'd you pick tha' one up?"

His gaze cut to Sam, and though his words were joking, his eyes were deathly serious. He was just trying to keep things from getting too heavy, even though he had an inkling that the real heavy lifting had yet to begin. He took a breath, then turned his gaze between the trio and spoke again.

"I think tha' we gear up for trouble t'night... Better t'be prepared and have nothing happen, and all tha'... Though, if Sam says tha' they'll be back, I'd take his word for it." He rose from his seat and began to pace a bit. His hand drifted to his hip pocket, where his pack of cigarettes was, but, he visibly forced himself to hold back, instead lifting his hand to comb his fingers though his blonde locks.

"If yer mum an' da' are correct, an' we really are dealin' with th'House Raven, we're going to be in for a hell of a lot more trouble than some random beasties and henchmen." He sighed softly, keeping his palm against his forehead before letting his arm drop to his side again. "I think tha' if we're going t'be doing any more snoopin' around, tha' we need t'be even more under th'radar than y'might have thought." His eyes shifted to Sam, then Sionn, then Torri. "Looks like yer stuck with me now. I've go' t'see this through, in light of these developments."

Taeryn grabbed his mug and finished off the remaining coffee, before looking to Sam.

"If y'truly believe wha' y'said about things comin' in th'night, I think tha' y'might wanna consider havin' us be elsewhere, for the safety of yer guests an' yer establishment, aye?"

He looked back to Sionn and Torri then.

"An' a note of fair warning... This place..." He glanced away briefly, the hint of an embarrassed expression flashing across his features before disappearing. "This place wreaks havoc on my talents. There are spirits all over th'place here, and I'm gonna have to be careful how much o'myself I put out there." His eyes rose again, looking at the brother and sister. "I promise ye, though, even limited, I'll be right with ye."

He let his gaze linger a moment, before taking a breath and quickly, almost sheepishly, looking away. He shoved his hand into his pocket and produced his pack of cigarettes, shaking one loose and popping it between his lips. His voice was slightly muffled by the cigarette as he spoke again.

"Now, I've got t'get some air, or else this place'll be filled with enough smoke t'choke an elephant."

He nodded to Sam and briskly headed for the nearest exit. He gave Sionn a nod as he passed him, and locked eyes with Torri briefly, and even though he was composed outwardly, there was chaos behind those green hues. Stepping outside, he stopped after a few strides and produced his lighter. He didn't light his cigarette though, instead simply choosing to look up into the sky, lost in his thoughts. This was going to be some serious work, he knew it already.
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:19 pm

By the time Priya has made herself ready for their trip to the U.N., Jericho had reclaimed the grey jacket that matched the slacks he wore. A simple blue and white tie completed the ensemble, and he waited quietly a few paces from her door, his hands linked at the small of his back. When Priya exited and nodded at him, he dipped his head as well, moving from his stationary position toward the common area of the floor. When Rajish appeared, Jericho offered him a polite nod as well. He was all business now, no wisecracks, since they were preparing to enter the public domain. And the public, in Jericho's experience, was a panicky, easily spooked animal.

When Priya turned that solar-powered smile to him, he returned one of his own easy, ivory grins. He lifted his left arm up and glanced at the plain silver watch that rested upon his wrist. According to the itinerary, the car should have been down there for about five to ten minutes now. Nodding again, he returned his gaze to Priya.

"There is indeed. I know the driver personally. It should be an uneventful trip."

He offered an arched brow and a bit of a shrug, as if to emphasize the word 'should'. But, knowing Jericho's reputation, he was trult more than certain of his personnel, and any incident would be an unknown variable that no one could have forseen. Flashing another smile, he clapped his hands once briskly and headed for the elevator, motioning for Priya and Rajish to follow.

Following more small talk as they descended to the Lobby, Jericho took long, measured strides that carried him across the tiled floor toward the door, where a large, yet nondescript black towncar waited. Standing outside that car, leaning on the hood and eating a hot dog, was a large bear of a man in a plain black suit. The fact that he was fully bearded with that small driver's hat perched atop his curly haired head didn't do much to dispel that bearish image, nor did the enormous lifting bear hug that he gave Jericho once the Sentinel had exited onto the street. The man was grinning, ear to ear, and when he spoke, his voice sounded as if it was booming from a bullhorn.

"Jer'! Long time no see! I wondered when you'd be giving me a call!"

With a grunt and a strained laugh, Jericho patted the larger man on the back and struggled to spit out some words while in the driver's grip.

"Yeah... Eli. Great to see you too. Now d'ya think you can put me down? You're not in the ring anymore, right big guy?"

Laughing, Eli dropped Jericho, who fell a good four or five inches back to the street. Eli helped Jericho dust off his suit and straighten his tie.

"I know, I know... It's just that I don't get to see ya much these days!" Eli looked over at Priya and Rajish. "Don't let the suit fool you guys. I grew up with Jericho here, and he's not nearly as proper as he likes to let others believe." He chuckled and slapped Jericho on the back, who stumbled forward a step and smirked, shaking his head.

"Eli, this is Priya Rupindra and her brother Rajish. We're going to be taking them to the U.N. today."

Elijah immediately took off his hat and offered a clumsy, but, endearing bow.

"Pleasure to meet you two. I knew that the job had to be important for Jer' to give me a call."

Nodding, Jericho opened the back door for Priya and Rajish.

"Eli is one of the best drivers I know, and a pretty nice guy to boot. Though, should anything go down, there's only a few others that I'd even consider having at my side."

Eli straightened and replaced his hat, grinning a wide smile.

"Oh, nothing'll be happening as long as I'm around, I promise you that!" And, laughing again, he half-jogged around to the driver's seat and climbed in.

Jericho shook his head as Eli ran to his station and smiled. He glanced to Priya as she entered the car and mouthed the words 'part time driver, full time pro wrestler.' He wasn't sure if she'd get the reference, but, well, it was the truth. After Priya and Rajish got into the car, Jericho closed the door and climbed into the passenger seat. He started to buckle his seatbelt after closing the door and then checked his watch.

"Well, we're slightly ahead of schedule... Eli, let's take the scenic route, eh?"
Eli nodded his agreement, and started the car. Minutes later, they merged into the New York traffic and headed off for their destination.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Torri checked her phone when Taeryn told her how he used her own phone to zero in on her location. As she read through the texts he sent her, the color in her cheeks turned the slightest hint of pink as she read the last text. Her eyes glanced up at Tae knowing he’d sent the text to try and get a rise out of her. And if she had the phone with her, he would have most definitely received the sort of reaction from her he was hoping for. Especially when she saw the small grin that crossed his features knowing she’d actually read the message.

She trusted Tae. That was the problem for her. There were very few people Torri could trust and all of them she could count on one hand. And Taeryn Lake was one of them. Securing her phone, she wiped the grime off of it and listened to Taeryn as did Sionn and Sam. And when he said her partial name, she knew he was very concerned. He always called her Red. ALWAYS. In fact, she couldn’t remember a time when he’d even attempted to call her by her given name. So she knew this was serious situation.

As Taeryn teased Sam over using the word, the little man knew what the magician was trying to do and admired him for that. He’d also caught the way Taeryn glanced at the siblings and himself and saw the concern in his deep green gaze. It mirrored Sam’s.

Torri, Sionn and Sam listened closely to what Taeryn was saying and watched him as he talked. Torri had learned a long time ago body language spoke louder than words and what she was seeing from Taeryn Lake concerned her. As Taeryn suggested they find an alternate location before night fall, Torri’s eyes darted to Sam then to Sionn and back to Taeryn. She saw the concern in his gaze and while he was trying to hide it, he wasn’t doing that good of a job.

Torri knew coming here would put a strain on Taeryn but to add to it the possibility they were all now somehow targeted only added to his anxiety. When he quickly excused himself to take a smoke, Torri sat there for a moment giving Taeryn some time to collect himself. Finally she moved to stand and touched Sionn’s shoulder as she walked past him towards the door.

”Sounds like our day is going to be spent going through what Sam’s collected. And Sam, unless Taeryn has a suggestion on where we go, based on his own needs, we’ll need an alternate location for snagging some rest tonight.”

Sam nodded as did Sionn and Torri turned and walked out the door Taeryn had just walked out of a few moments before. She saw he was so engrossed in his thoughts he didn’t even hear her come outside. She walked slowly over to where he stood. When she was next to him on the right, she turned to face him, reached up slowly and gently removed the unlit cigarette from his lips and used it to tuck her red hair behind her left ear revealing the physical trait of her heritage. Her bright green eyes held his dark green gaze for a moment before she finally looked away and glanced around taking a deep breath.

”I should punch you for sending that last text message to me. I thought you Lake’s were raised as gentlemen.”

She gave him that disappointing look now as she looked up at him. Slowly it melted away and there was the slightest of grins tugging at the corners of her mouth again.

”I suppose I could let this go this ONE time.”

Her look changed then and he could see the seriousness in her gaze.

”Why do I get the feeling we’re about to open Pandora’s box? Whatever this……Black Horn thing is……it certainly isn’t good the instructions were stolen from Da, is it?”

The look on his face told her all Torri needed to know and she cursed softly under her breath as she turned and walked a few feet away from him.

”Son of a bitch….”

Turning back around to face him, she walked back over to where he stood.

”I should have known. Something just didn’t….FEEL right about that attack on Sionn and I. And the storm that came in before the creature arrived. We knew it was too early in the season for something that strong and that cold.”

She was trying like hell to figure the events out and why this Black Horn was so important and worse yet, why it was so important it didn’t fall into House Raven’s hands. Torri detested knowing there were missing pieces of a puzzle she was working on.

Taking another deep breath, Torri glanced around behind Taeryn as the wheels in her mind began to work overtime. Finally she looked up at him again and furrowed her brows.

”How far away from here do we need to be to give you some peace? If House Raven has what they stole from us, we need to find it and fast so leaving this area entirely is out of the question. But I know this place isn’t the easiest place for you to be. Sionn and I can hold our own when it comes to taking care of business but I know it can wear you down trying to ignore what’s right in front of you all the time.”

Torri would have added that she didn’t want anything to happen to him but she knew that would sound too much like she really cared for him and she didn’t want to give him the wrong impression. But even as she stood there looking at him, Torri couldn’t help but be concerned for his well being.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Priya

Priya was concerned about the large man leaning up against the car that was taking her and Rajish to the UN building bt when she saw the exchange between Jericho and the big Eli, she immediately felt her concern melt away. In fact, she couldn’t help but laugh as she watched the two friends and colleagues exchange greetings.

Rajish stood slightly in front of Priya when he saw Eli. He knew Jericho was capable of handling himself but his brotherly instinct to protect his little sister took over and he was ready for almost anything. But the jovial man this Eli turned out to be. When Jericho was lifted up in a bear like hug, Rajish thought for sure Jericho was going to be crushed by the big mans arms. As Jericho was set down and they were introduced, Rajish felt a sigh of relief escape his lips.

Priya smiled brightly at Elli and extended her hand to shake his. When she saw him hesitate slightly, she smiled even more and leaned forward.

”I assure you, Eli, I am not fragile.”

Eli smiled broadly and took Priya’s smaller hand in his much larger one and shook it rather gently. Rajish extended his and Eli was a bit more masculine with her brother and Rajish found himself very glad he was on Eli’s good side.

As Jericho helped her into the car and Priya read his lips, she laughed softly and whispered quietly in return.

”I THOUGHT I recognized his face. I always knew he was a gentle giant deep down.”

As they began the ride to the UN building, Priya was quiet. She was thinking of what her day was going to entail and how embroiled in meetings she was going to be all day but then she realized they had taken a rather smaller street in the city. The more she started paying attention the m ore she realized they weren’t taking a direct route to the UN. Not with all the turns Eli was making.

At first, Priya was concerned something was amiss but she finally realized what was happening. Her escort, being the astute man he was, was making sure she started her sight seeing a little early. It wasn’t as though she were out in the mix with the crowds of people, but she was getting a street level view of New York and she was rather enjoying it. Especially when they stopped at a red light where a large group of parochial school children waited to cross the toad. Priya couldn’t help herself and rolled down the window.

Several of the children stared at her and she stared back for a moment. She could see the curiousness in their faces and she was just as curious,. They were from every nationality you could think of and Priya couldn’t help but smile as she thought of how diverse the school must be for them. As she sat there smiling she began to see the faces brighten and smile back at her.

Finally the light turned green and she car began to pull off. The children all waved and started yelling good bye to her and she leaned out the window slightly to wave back and tell them all good bye in return. When she sat back in the car, the window was rolled up she sat back in her seat and smiled to herself.
]
All too soon they reached the UN building and after clearing security at the gate, the car pulled into the underground parking garage. Before Jericho would let her out of the car, he checked the immediate area out then opened the door for her and Rajish to get out.

The elevator ride to the ground level was quiet and when she stepped off the elevator, she was greeted by the controlled chaos of entering the UN building. Security guards were yelling orders at everyone going through the check points and people from every nation thinkable moved around the place. There were so many different languages being spoken at one time Priya couldn’t keep up with them all.

Finally Jericho gently urged her towards a check point and after the three of them made it through, Jericho quickly ushered her and Rajish trough the front lobby and towards another set of elevators. The doors were just getting ready to close when a person quickly slipped on board with them and quickly turned to face the elevator doors. Dark hair pulled back in a single braid, petite, female and of Asian descent. It wasn’t until she turned to glance over her shoulder that Jericho noticed it wasn’t his assailant from the day before. Priya saw his reaction to the woman and she put two and two together. Reaching a floor, the Asian woman exited leaving the three of them alone again. After the door closed Priya spoke.

”I take it our Shade resembled that woman, Mr., Lake.”

It was more a statement than a question and when Priya saw the look on his face, she smiled slightly and nodded. Finally the Elevator stopped at the floor Priya was going to spend her day on and as they stepped off Priya and Rajish were greeted by the Prime Minister for their country. The man greeted them in their native language and started to usher them away when Priya said something in their native language. He nodded and she walked back over to where Jericho stood and she smiled brightly again.

”Don’t imprison yourself here all day because of me, Mr. Lake. I will be fine. Enjoy the sunshine. For both of us.”

She held her hand out for him to take it and when he did; she squeezed his hand gently with both of hers. And just as he thought it would be, her touch was warm and inviting.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Indian10Aurora woke up smiling. She'd enjoyed touring the city of New Orleans and seeing the sites. Beau had gotten more than a few curious looks, but for the most part, people were either nice or simply stayed away.

She took a quick shower, going through her morning routine of making sure that she was ready for the day, her long dark hair hanging down to her waist in shining waves. The waves she got from her father's side of the family.....Scotch/Irish as well as the red highlights that one would see in the light. Her dark eyes were full of laughter that morning when her cell phone rang.

"Hello....Momma. Yes, I am fine......No, no trouble as of yet. I don't understand......The Black Horn.....what does that have to do with the bow?.....Druid?......Papa's side of the family?....Momma, you're not making any sense......Okay......I will check my e-mails......Momma, the bow isn't Celtic, it's pure Native American...Mohican.....what is the connection with the Black Horn?....okay, okay.....I'll check in my e-mail.....Love you too, Momma."

Aurora sighed, she hated the computer....but she knew it was a necessity to find information easily. Booting up the laptop, she went straight to her e-mails and what her mother had sent her. There, it explained how Hiawatha's Bow and the Black Horn were connected indirectly.

Beau let out a whine, sensing her growing anxiety and Eryn ruffled her feathers, letting out cooing sounds to try and soothe her. Once Rori was done reading, she logged off and put her laptop away into the leather bag. She looked at her animal companions her dark eyes hard now. "We have to find the Bow, my friends. Before this Druid does." It would appear that while there wasn't any significant connection between the two, the power of the bow would grant the bearer protection, especially if they found out that Aurora had the quiver of never-ending arrows that once belonged to her ancestor, Hiawatha. Once the two combined, the bow made the arrows into projectiles that could penetrate anything at amazing speeds.

She stretched, heading to the dresser to change into her clothing that would hide certain knives. Wearing her black pants and boots with a loose fitting dark blouse and a loose fitting denim jacket she was ready. Inside her jacket were small blades hidden throughout as well as a boot knife in the top of each boot. Her foldable crossbow was tucked nicely at her back and the small bolts were in leather straps attached to her belt. The crossbow was small, barely bigger than a .45 magnum the bolts about 3 inches long with sharp tips.

She walked over to Eryn and untied her jessies, stroking her feathers, "I need your eyes, little sister. And you need to hunt." She put on the glove and had Eryn step up onto her arm then grabbed Beau's leash that she'd put on him earlier, smiling at the wolf's grumbling. She'd waited until she knew the hotel would be less busy to leave, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. She made it out the back, releasing Eryn to the sky. She glanced down at Beau, "Come on....I'm hungry and I'm sure you'd like to hunt. Let's see if we can find a park or somewhere you can run for a bit."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:52 am

Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Eiji

The town car pulled away from the hotel with its occupants and in the heart of Chinatown a cell phone chimed softly. Eiji was awake instantly and picked up the phone flipping it open.

”Shi?”

The voice on the other end relayed the information and Eiji listened before she closed the flip lid of the phone and got out of bed. A short time later she was making her way out onto the bustling street and weaving her way through the bodies headed towards the hotel she came across the Sentinel in. Dressed similarly to the way she was the night before, in all black, her hair wasn’t braided this time, merely pulled back and secured by a clasp at the base of her skull. The black sweat jacket she wore had a symbol in dark gray on the right shoulder that was difficult to see in the dark. There was a flame over a circle over a crescent moon on its side with the curve going up.

Once she cleared Chinatown she hailed a taxi. Climbing inside she gave the driver instructions. Eiji’s dark eyes looked around the streets as she rode in the back of the taxi on the way to her destination. When the taxi came to a stop a little while later, she got out, paid the driver and moved on with her business.

The taxi dropped her off a few blocks from the hotel the Arbiter was staying at. With Lake gone the other Sentinels on duty would be difficult to move around but not as difficult with him in the mix. After what happened yesterday, Eiji knew he had a sixth sense about him that would make it difficult to move about as freely as she wanted to.

Making her way to the back of the hotel, she took out her phone and dialed a number. When the voice on the other end answered, she spoke in her accented voice.

”Let me in. I need to get started.”

She had just reached the employee entrance when the door opened and she ducked inside. Once inside, Eiji was quickly escorted to the uniform closet. Given the uniform of a floor room maid, she disappeared into the bathroom and changed clothes. After a brief conversation with the person who let her in, she was given a master room card. Taking a maid cart, she made her way towards the elevator. Putting a smile on her face and looking meek, she easily blended in with the other maids roaming about the hotel.

It was time for her to do what she had come to do.
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Taeryn was still standing quite still and gazing into the sky as Torri snuck up behind him and plucked the cigarette from his lips. He turned his gaze down to her and his eyes ticked briefly to those pointed ears before returning to her own green hues. It wasn't often that Taeryn even remembered the fact that she was a Fara. Truth is, it never really mattered to him. She was Torri, and that was that. Bloodline was rarely, if ever, an accurate measure of a person. When she mentioned that final text he sent her, the faintest of smirks tugged at the left side of his lips.

"Well, y'hadn't been responding, so, I figured tha' if tha' last message didn't get me an answer, that my suspicions were right, an' tha' I needed t'get m'self out here."

His voice was a subdued version of his typical strong baritone. It was almost a gentle murmur, but, he was still completely understandable. He didn't even need to respond to her question about the Horn, his eyes gave it away. There wasn't much that threw a Lake, especially Taeryn, but, this Black Horn was certainly an exception to that rule. If the instructions were headed where he suspected they were heading, this could spell disaster. Disaster rarely fit in well with keeping the Balance in this world.

As Torri took her steps away from him, Taeryn produced another cigarette and slipped it into his mouth. Flicking his lighter to life, he took a couple of short drags and exhaled the smoke through his nose. As Torri probably recalled, though he kept them in a standard pack of cigarettes, the cylinders themselves were actually hand rolled and filled with clove and vanilla. That unique scent filled the area around them and Taeryn sighed out another plume of smoke. If she was going to yank this one out of his mouth also, he was at least going to get a drag or two.

"Th'real question is... Wha' is it tha' yer wayward Druid plans t'do with the information they jus' got. If yer parents are right an' it's comin' back here, it may take more than th' three an' a half of us t'take care o'it."

He was ribbing on Sam again, obviously, even though he was fully aware that the small man was a far more capable hand to hand fighter than himself. Hell, he could probably even give Jericho a run for his money in a fair fight, and that alone warranted a level of respect that Taeryn rarely offered, all kidding aside.

Much like Torri, having an incomplete set of information drove Tae crazy. Unfortunately, this wasn't something he could just troll the internet for and find out, even using his vast underground channels. This was going to require legwork, and it was going to require no small amount of risk. When Torri asked about how far they had to be to relieve the stress on him, he couldn't help but offer a small smile.

"Well, fer me t'be even a bit a'peace, we'd have t'leave New Orleans as a whole... This place..."

He took a few steps forward, letting his gaze pan around the area before speaking again.

"This place is a hotbed fer th'spirits. Even those withou' my... gift, tend t'be a bit... unsettled here."

New Orleans had a dark past, that was for sure. Not even counting all the deaths that came from Katrina and other natural occurrences, this place had a reputation for plenty of uncouth happenings in the dark.

"Take tha', fer instance..." Taeryn motioned to a small, shadowed doorway not more than ten feet away from them, his free hand setting onto Torri's shoulder to gently turn her in the direction he mentioned. "Righ' there, where that little discoloration is, a man was killed over gamblin' debts. He was jus' trying t'get some more money, to care for his family I assume, but he got in over 'is head."

Tae turned his gaze back to Torri then, tilting his head to the left with a slight smile.

"It's like tha' everywhere I turn 'ere. There's no escapin' it. I'll just 'ave t'suck it up and be a big boy, try t'keep th'demons at bay." He chuckled a bit, placing the cigarette back between his lips and narrowing his eyes slightly, looking at her through the haze of smoke, as if using it to disguise his expression. "I do appreciate th'concern though, Red. It means a lot..."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Jericho was quite satisfied with Eli's sightseeing route through the City. It was as much a measure to prevent anyone from following them as it was a chance for Priya to get a first glimpse of the real New York. Most people wanted to see Times Square, the Empire State Building, Ground Zero... but, the real New York, what made it the place that people spoke about in reverent tones, was the people who lived in it. It was said that New York was a melting pot, and that was certainly the case. You could see, hear and do anything, at any moment, on any street, and that was because of the rich assortment of folks who called this place home. Glancing to the back, Jericho couldn't help but smile at Priya's reaction to the schoolchildren, and he gave Eli a nod of approval as he faced forward once again.

When they got to the U.N. and after he checked the immediate parking garage area, Jericho and Eli bookended Priya and Rajish as they walked to the elevator. They were an interesting sight as they made their way through the lobby and checkpoints, a tall lean man and an even taller bear of a man on either side of two smaller, formally dressed people, passing through the halls rather respectfully. Jericho and Eli seemed to project an aura of calm as they moved and people parted for them naturally, without even realizing they were doing so.

When they entered the elevator and the Asian woman snuck on just before the doors closed, Jericho immediately stepped forward, narrowing the gap between himself and the small lady. Steely grey eyes bored into the woman, and after a brief moment, he was confident that it wasn't the woman from the hotel. When the Asian woman exited and Priya made her statement, Jericho glanced over his shoulder and gave her his answer with his eyes, a calm, confident smile at home on his lips.

When the four of them exited the elevator, Eli and Jericho lagged back a bit, allowing Priya and Rajish to speak to their Prime Minister. Jericho was well versed in many languages, but, Indian was not one of them. Not that he planned on eavesdropping, of course, but, the fact that he was in the dark about what was being said warranted an extra bit of caution on his end. Smiling as Priya returned and told him not to imprison himself here, Jericho squeezed her hand lightly in return.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about me, Ms.Rupindra. I've got this big lug," he nodded toward Eli, who was wearing a big goofy grin that showed one missing tooth, "to keep me company with all kinds of stories. We'll be here when you get out."

With a nod and another warm smile, Jericho stepped back to stand beside Eli. After a moment, the big man looked down at our intrepid Sentinel.

"So... wanna hear about the time I almost broke Hulk Hogan's arm?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 pm

”Yeah….well….dun get used to it. It’ll ruin my reputation. And I simply can’t have that.”

The fact Tae’s hand was still resting comfortably on her shoulder was unsettling enough but the fact there was quite a bit of warmth associated with it she could feel reaching through to her core was even more so. She glanced back at the doorway Tae had pointed out and took a small step towards it as she narrowed her gaze. She didn’t want to be rude and make it obvious what she was doing when it forced him to remove his hand. And deep down, Torri liked what she felt but she always came back to her need to keep others at a distance thus the small step away from Tae.

Turning back around to look at him, she let her green eyes move about his face before they settled on his gaze. As the smell of clove and vanilla mingled in the air around him, Torri knew she would never forget that unique scent. The smoky haze he looked at her though gave him an air of mystery and Torri wanted to swim through the haze and solve that mystery.

But that would mean she would have to let him get close.

Back to the distance thing again.

Finally she sighed and nodded.

”Very well then. If you’re willing to stick it out here in the Big Easy then we’ll try to make quick work of our business. Sam’s got one hell of a collection upstairs. He’s stashed away quite a bit of stuff he’s collected about the Poe’s. Sionn and I worked on it a bit before we slipped down to the pub to grab a bite to eat. We never got back to looking through the stuff. For obvious reasons. I suppose we should start where Sionn and I left off.”

She made sure she gave him plenty of time to enjoy his cigarette before she reached up and plucked the one from behind her ear and handed it back to him.

”I thought your Grams frowned on this particular habit of yours.”

She gave him a sly smirk as she gently brushed past him, knocking him slightly off balance in the process. Placing her hand on the door handle, she paused then looked back at him over her shoulder.

”Thanks, Tae…….”

There was more she was going to say but she stopped herself and instead hoped he would know what she was thanking him for. Turning once more to the door, she walked back inside and let him enjoy the rest of his smoke. When she came back in Sam and Sionn turned from cleaning up the dishes to look at her. Furrowing her brows, she gave them both a disapproving look.

”What?”

Sionn grinned and shook his head as he dried the last plate.

“Well….since ya asked…I was just wondering…..is it warm outside?”

Torri gave him a puzzling look then glanced at Sam who merely arched a bushy brow at her.

”Why?”

Sionn and Sam exchanged looks with each other and Sionn grinned even more.

“Well…..unless you have another reason why your cheeks would be so br….”

Before he could finish, Torri cut him off.

”YES…it’s warm outside. Already.”

The look she gave both men told them they’d best not pursue the topic. Especially when Taeryn walked in and noticed the stare down taking place between Torri and the other two. He paused a moment, looked from Torri to the other two then back to Torri and raised both brows. Torri snapped her head around to look at him and the look she gave him was equally as intimidating as the one she had given Sionn and Sam.

”Come on….I’ll show you what we were working on last night.”

She turned and headed out of the kitchen. When she left the room Taeryn gave Sam and Sionn a questioning look and Sam merely glanced up at Sionn then turned to put the clean dishes away. Sionn looked at Taeryn and winked, speaking in a hushed voice.

“Apparently T isn’t adjusting well to the warmer New Orleans air so well.”

From the other room Torri’s voice could be heard in a raised tone.

”And she doesn’t like waiting for others either!”

Sionn couldn’t help but laugh and shake his head.

“Coming sis!”

Gesturing for Taeryn to follow, Sionn left the kitchen and fell in step behind Torri. She led them up to the room she and Sionn had been working in the night before. When she unlocked the door, she stepped inside and waited for the two men to enter before closing it. She hoped closing the door would somehow protect Taeryn from the spirits that were in abundance in this part of the world. When Taeryn walked by she locked gazes with him for a brief moment then took a couple of steps to her left and gestured to the collection spread out before them.

”As you can see, Sam is quite the collector but he lacks organization. Sionn and I started putting things in chronological order to try and get some kind of timeline on events the Poe’s may have been key players in. I suppose we should start digging in to try and find something that could help us.”
Back to top Go down
Seraphim
Watchman
Watchman
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:48 am

A bemused smile lingered on Taeryn's lips as he followed Sionn and Torri up to the room where they'd been working on Sam's information. He'd seen the blush in Torri's cheeks, and Sionn and Sam's reactions had made it clear what seemed to have put it there. Tae wasn't about to call anyone on it, though. That kind of thing was likely to get him chewed out... Or punched. Probably punched. And, frankly, he was sure there was going to be some hurt coming in the future, so, why start the party earlier than necessary?

Tae met Torri's gaze as they entered the room, then looked over the assembled... files that Sam had gathered, and that the twins had done their damndest to organize in some meaningful way. He knelt down to examine one of the papers before turning his eyes back up to Torri and Sionn.

"Organization, y'say? It looks as if a tree vomited in 'ere." He turned his attention to the seemingly endless stacks of paper. "Make tha' a bloody forest..."

Rising back to his full height with a sigh, he set his hands on his hips, his eyes still lingering over the various piles. This was going to take a long time. Longer than they really had, he could see that easily enough. Sam was thorough, that was for sure, but, the little man probably could stand to invest in some filing cabinets and binders. Taeryn moved to another pile and began sifting through it, skimming the text to try and find anything worthwhile amongst the deluge of information.

"Were ye two able t'find anything of importance after th'Razorbacks attacked last night?" He tossed one sheaf of paper aside and grabbed another one, slowly wandering the room as he read. He was looking for anything about a certain mysterious family living around this area. Specifically, he was looking for blueprints or floor plans.

As big a proponent of written information as Taeryn was, he knew that this was going to be an operation that they'd need to be very hands on with. That fact didn't do much to set him at ease with the whole thing, of course. If the twins parents had sent them here, it could really only mean one thing: dealing with House Raven. And, when one dealt with House Raven, one tended to always end up dealing with much more than expected. Of course, that 'much more' often came in the form of Erebus or Algernon Poe. Taeryn had a hard time deciding which would be better. From all accounts, they were both completely off their rocker, and though Taeryn had never met either personally, he'd certainly heard stories. The scary thing was, he imagined that the stories didn't actually give the two men enough credit. It was one thing to just be a crazy loon. It was another thing entirely to be crazy and smart, and Taeryn had plenty of evidence to suggest that this was the case with Algernon and Erebus.

Tossing the second group of papers back where he found them, Taeryn gave the entire room a once over again, before turning his eyes back to Sionn and Torri.

"Tell me... Have either of ye heard much o' House Raven? Or the Poe family?"

Intelligence gleamed in those green depths behind his glasses and he arched a brow. It was about time to get moving.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Torri could see the look of frustration cross Taeryn’s features and it matched her own, no doubt. With a sigh, she started working where she left off the night before. As Taeryn asked about anything after the razorbacks, Sionn shook his head.

“Not a bloody thing. By the time we got back and realized what was happening with the damned beasties we spent our time in defensive mode. It wasn’t until the wee hours of the morning we finally gave in to the fact we HAD to rest.”

Torri was engrossed in something she was reading and after a few minutes realized it was something to do with a house in New Orleans. It struck her as rather odd and she brought it to the attention of both the men in the room.

”Have either of you heard of Napoleon House?”

Seeing the blank looks from both she held it out for them to look at.

”Seems Sam has collected a whole shit load of information on the damn thing. There’s quite a few boxes on the bloody thing.”

Sionn abandoned what he had been rifling through and took up looking through the boxes about Napoleon House. As Torri listened to Taeryn and he asked his question about the Poe’s, she shrugged her shoulders, glanced at Sionn who shook his head slightly then looked back at Taeryn.

”The only thing we heard is what Mum and Da have told us. And the little tid bits of info Sam gave us. Apparently the Poe’s are quite mad but it’s suspected it’s because they’re intelligence is almost too much for them to handle. And of course we’ve heard stories of some of the things they’ve done throughout time. And if that deranged Druid that attacked Sionn and I is any indication what they be like….”

Torri noticed the look in Tae’s eyes and she knew there was something to it. She’d seen that look before and it was such a look like that that made her realize he was more than just a magician with a special talent. He was quite knowledgeable and she could learn from him.

”Whatever info you have on them would be greatly appreciated. Tae. Sionn and I would feel far better knowing what we’re up against…or at least have a clue instead of getting blind sided like we did back home.”

Sionn lifted up a thick document that had some age on it as he got to his feet.

“Hey…….this looks like some sort of binding agreement between the Poe’s and Napoleon himself….“

Walking towards Taeryn as he flipped back and forth through the pages, he held the document out for Taeryn to look at. Torri also approached and the siblings stood on either side of the man as he looked the document over.

”It’s bad enough we’re sniffing in a rapid packs back yard but to think they had some sort of agreement with that little shit lets me know just how far their reach really is. I‘m sure if we keep digging enough we‘ll see they had ties to Hitler too. I have an idea the strange weather conditions throughout the greatest wars in history were not some strange phenomenon as the scientific world would have you believe. Not after what Sam said last night.”

Seeing the look Taeryn gave her, Torri explained.

”Sam mentioned the fact that when the first Poe’s came to America there were no storms to hinder their travel from the Old Country. At all. Yet when others sailed across the ocean there were significant storms that made their way into the history books.”

As Taeryn went back to looking the document over Torri could see the wheels turning in his head and knew whatever Sionn found was a good piece of information for the man to digest. Turning her attention to the document, Torri began to glance through it as well not realizing how close she was leaning towards Taeryn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 1: A World of History   Ch 1: A World of History - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 1: A World of History
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next