Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
serredeth

serredeth

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Ladyrose2

Rose remained as impassive as stone upon Kali's arrival. The woman's approach to matters was far different than it was many months ago. These little displays of her magic served no purpose and truth be told it annoyed Rose a bit. While she respected Kali for what she was and what she did against the mages it did not excuse her behavior now. The incidents of the final battle had changed her considerably and it saddened Rose slightly to see the woman like this.

When Larissa came with the water for Kali's tea Rose wondered if the mage woman knew that she was looking at her own aunt. The magic disguising Larissa was powerful, but Kali was still a mage of considerable ability. She likely detected the charm if Rose was even partially right, but the matter had never come up. Rose only nodded to Larissa before she vanished from the room once more. Rose's attention returned to the discussion at hand. Most of what Kali had to say she knew so for her it was merely a recap that afforded her some time to think.

When Nol interupted Kali with the name of the object Rose sat forward with a quirked eyebrow "I take it you know something of this particular item Nol."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 NolBanner

Nol turned and looked at Commander Rose, his silver eyes flashed softly as he nodded his head, "Yes Lady Rose I am aware of this ancient object, or should I say objects." At this both Kali and Rose leaned forward instinctively. He looked at both of them and continued "The Everwinter was designed by Silver Dragons over 4,000 years ago. It was designed to allow humans to live in the harsh winter climates that we prefer. As you know our inherent 'weakness' is our love for humanity, but we also desire, crave and need the cold. The Everwinter allowed an oasis in the cold. Like an oasis in the desert where life and food flourish the Everwinter allowed us to create a winter like environment anywhere we desired."

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 KaliBlack

Kali looked at Nol with a gaze of interest. She removed a parchment from within her robes and laid it out on the desk. In detail was a drawing of a cylindrical shaped object and in the upper left corner was written the word, 'Everwinter'. She looked up at him after putting weight on the four corners to hold it down, "How does it operate?" Nol looked at her suspiciously and she practically growled in response, "Please Nol'Lore Silentclaw, I have no desire for this object for my own personal gain. What possible use could I have for it?"

Nol narrowed his eyes on her, "To defeat Piramay."

Kali's face showed her amusement at his words and responded, "The defeat of Piramay will require much more than this object. I have already assured and promised Commander Rose that I seek this object only for the defenses of Heartlund. My interests go much, much deeper."

Nol furrowed his eyebrows and looked back at the desk. He studied the object a moment and then spoke, "These lines on the outside, they are seams. The Everwinter consists of eight parts, each containing the scale of an elder silver dragon. When the objects are set equidistant from one another and the activation sequence is initiated through the use of the eight keys a dome shaped barrier is projected outwards and blankets the surrounding area in deep winter conditions thus allowing silver dragons to live outside the walls of the city and remain comfortable while the humans within stay warm. Icewall castle was named as such because over time the barrier will begin to seal itself in a wall of ice. the longer it stays activated, the wider the area of effect."

Kali leaned back in her chair and kept her eyes locked on the parchment for a long period of time, remaining silent. Finally she spoke, "This object is beyond fascinating and would have required more than just dragons to construct." Nol looked up at her and nodded, "Gnomes built the mechanics, Dragons provided the raw materials and the knowledge." She spoke mockingly, "Gnomes... amazing that it worked when deployed."

Nol narrowed his gaze slightly, "As I said, dragons provided the knowledge." Kali looked at him with a smirk, "And my point still stands."

Nol inhaled deeply and leaned back in his chair as Kali's smirk remained, in a sense she was right, Gnomes were notorious tinkers and would have surly made their own 'modifications' unless they were painstakingly watched over during the entire process. Kali looked at the plans again and ran her hand lovingly over them, "So the eight lines on this drawing are seams and each section has it's own key to activate it... sounds simple enough."

Nol nodded in affirmation and Kali looked at Commander Rose, "I suppose all that remains is the items retrieval."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 KellanBanner

Kellan had learned to read Nol’s body language like a book. Even more so now that she was his rider. So when he quirked his brow and announced Kali had arrived, she sensed a slight tension in him. Glancing at him quickly before turning to see Klai as she arrived, she noted the reaction Nol had to Kali’s use of magic. Like her love, Kellan saw the use of such a thing as nothing more than to assert herself in some way. And like Nol, she didn’t care for it but said nothing to the contrary.

As Kali mixed her tea and announced why the meeting was taking place and Nol’s reaction, she gently squeezed his hand to prevent him from doing anything that would put even more strain to the conversation. When he quieted, Kellan noted the smirk on Kali’s features. She was beginning to understand where it was coming from.

As Kali spoke of Piramay, Kellan felt her own body tense. That fire mage had done so much destruction to this area that she felt her anger rising at just the mere mention of that name. But as Kali explained how the Fire Mage could still have Fifth’s soul and use it to become even stronger than she already was, Kellan felt as though she had been punched in the gut.

Daring to glance at Nol, she saw there was no look of surprise on his fact that her was surely showing. Did he know such a thing may be possible? If so, why didn’t he share this with her? Or was he hoping the truth of this would never come to fruition? Surely he had a very good reason for not sharing his suspicions with her.

As the conversation turned to the Everwinter, Kellan paid very close attention to all of this. Nol’s honest statement about Kali using it to defeat Piramay was exactly where Kellan’s mind had gone, although she didn’t voice her thoughts as plainly as he did. While on the Myst Isle, she read about the Everwinter as well as heard from different Silver’s of its existence but she wasn’t certain it was even true. Until now. Kellan knew it provided the Silvers with the environment they needed to survive while allowing them to remain close to the humans they loved so much. She heard about Icewall as well but this was the first time she heard it talked about as though it was an actual castle. For some reason, her mind could not comprehend it as a real thing.

As she studied the plans and listened to how it worked, Kellan marveled at the ingenious design. So simple yet so complex. After all, one doesn’t come across an elder Silver dragon scale every day and the key for each object had to be unique to that particular one. Knowing what she does about Gnomes, anyway. They would never make each key like the other. It was a way they could put their own little twist on things.

As Kali ended her conversation with retrieving the items, Kellan snapped her head up to look at Kali, then Rose then finally on Nol. As a silence built in the room, Kellan felt as though it was going to suffocate her if she didn’t say something, she spoke up.

”You want us to help you retrieve the items necessary to rebuild the Everwinter? If Piramay returns, as you suspect she will, what are the citizens to do without us? Who will protect Heartlund while we are out scouring Krynn in search of such rare and unique objects?”

She looked at Rose and Nol then back to Kali.

”Do you even know where to start looking?”

Her gaze drifted to Rose and Nol.

”I will do whatever is decided but know I am concerned about leaving Heartlund unprotected.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 am

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 KaliBlack

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 NolBanner

Kali looked at Kellan as she spoke. With a nod she responded matter of factly, "I would not be leaving if I did not at least have a direction. My suspicion is that the Everwinter is still in tact and under the ice at Icewall. As for you being concerned over the safety of Heartlund, it is quite noble of you to believe you are capable of securing it against a full attack from Piramay, noble or stupid."

Nol immediately stood and walked over to Kali looking down at her with ferocious eyes, "Don't slander Kellan or you will deal with me!"

Kali didn't even flinch as he made his show of aggression. She looked up at him and smirked, "I remember when that instinctive passion was directed at safeguarding me." She looked over at Kellan and for the briefest moment there was a tone of sincerity in her voice, "You are indeed a lucky woman."

Nol leaned back and gently cleared his throat as he sat down heavily, aware that Kali had yet again drawn out his anger. He inhaled deeply and listened as Kali spoke, "No one is obligated to go, my request was exactly that, a request." She turned and looked Kellan directly in the eyes, "Stay if you want, you are under no obligation to accompany us."

She stood and looked at Lady Rose, "If you will excuse me I need to go to my tower and prepare, send word through your ring when you are ready, I understand there is a great deal you will need to do before we leave."

Kali stood and left without another word. As her presence left the room the tension coming from Nol subsided as well. He growled gently under his breath, "That woman..."

Rose and Kellan both turned to look at him and he gave a look of apology, "I am sorry."

He sat back in his chair heavily and Kellan would be able to see the obvious look of regret on his face over loosing control of his emotions. After a small silence he spoke, "If Piramay does indeed have possession of Fifth's soul this does not bode well for us. Both of them have a vendetta against the other, what might in deed be a private war could spill out across the land and there could be much collateral damage. Though Kali is ambitious in her pursuit of magic her purpose is less dangerous then Piramay's, it is a matter of picking the lesser of two evils as far as I am concerned. My only concern is what will Kali do with all the power if and when Piramay is defeated? With no other considerable power to face off against will she simply fade away or turn on those who aided her? If she is not after the Everwinter for herself she is after something else under the ice. Kali doesn't do anything anymore unless she benefits from the effort. If she could get it herself she would and leave us out of it."

He turned and looked at Commander Rose, "It is clear that you have already committed to go, and I understand and respect that. You see an opportunity to safeguard your people and as that is your number one duty any chance to do so will become your focus. I would caution you however to keep one eye on the prize and one on Kali, once she has what she is after there is a small chance she will remove herself from the equation. She has pledged to go to Icewall and assist in recovering the Everwinter but has she also pledged to help you get it back here? To help you learn to use it? Remember that anything she has not said she would do she might not, don't assume she is implying anything because she doesn't what she says is what she means."

He paused and his voice lowered, "She has changed so much, it is impossible to know her real motives anymore."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:19 am

”Thus the gap that exists between the Knights and Magic users.”

Kellan looked over at Nol and placed her cool hand gently over his. The instant warmth she felt from that simple touch seemed to seep deep to her soul. She knew Kali had a way of getting under his scales and each time the two of them were in the same room, Kali seemed to know what things to say and do that would cause the Silver to lose his temper, and quickly. It was just another level of the game Kali played.

”Her real motives are whatever she needs to do to gain as much knowledge as she can about her….craft. In doing so she will obtain that knowledge any way possible and use anyone who can help her gain it.”

Kellan looked to Rose then.

”Nol is right. She’s indicated she knows where to start looking but she hasn’t mentioned anything about making sure we make it back to Heartlund….or anywhere else for that matter. And I agree with Nol, there’s something else besides the Everwinter she’s after. If we go into this knowing all of these things, then I am with you both. But just to be safe, I would secure some details before we leave with her. Such as making sure she doesn’t abandon us in OUR time of need when the time comes.”

Shaking her head and furrowing her brows, she sighed heavily.

”For as straight forward as Kali can be, she stills leaves a great bit to be said.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 CeriBanner

"Thank you Ada, that will be perfect."

The young Elfess nodded respectfully to Ceridwyn and turned, leaving the quiet chapel. Ceridwyn looked down the long aisle towards the exit and watched as Ada disappeared through the door and out into the quiet streets of Silvanost. Without turning around she whispered, "A Ranger who can't even sneak up on a Wizard..."

She turned and Aeolis was a mere meter behind her, seemingly materializing out of no where. He smiled warmly and Ceridwyn could not help but spread a smile from ear to ear, "Mela en' coiamin"

She practically leaped into his arms and squeezed him tightly. Resting her head on his chest she took deep breaths and allowed herself this moment of quiet. Her voice finally broke the silence and she whispered in their native tongue, "In two days a'maelamin we will be wed as life mates, now is your last chance to change your mind and keep yourself a free man."

She looked up at him and his expression said it all. Standing on her tip toes she kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear, "I love you."

She interlaced her fingers in his and the two of them walked out of the chapel. A young Elf came to them and spoke, "Begging pardons my lord and lady, I have news." Ceridwyn smiled and nodded knowing exactly what this was about, "Please speak youngling."

The young Elf nodded respectfully and handed Ceridwyn a parchment, "As per your request all your things have been moved to Master Aeolis' home near the wall in preparation for your joining. Also the deed and title have been reassigned to the Children of War Memorial and a headmaster has been assigned, "Someone gentle and loving as I requested?" The young elf nodded respectfully and spoke, "Of course my lady, we have seen to it that the orphans of the battle of Heartlund will be well taken care of and that they will receive all they need in absence of their fathers."

Ceridwyn smiled and reached, touching the young Elfs hand, "Thank you, you have done great work these last few weeks, I appreciate all that you have done." The young Elf bowed respectfully and turned to Aeolis, "Master Aeolis, the additions to your home have been completed, the extra rooms for Ceridwyn's studies and craft have been stocked with the items you requested."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Aeolis

Aeolis had been watching Ceridwyn for a few moments before the young Elfess turned to leave. His steps were as silent as ever and while he was not trying to sneak up on his betrothed, he loved playing this game with her. Seldom was he able to surprise her but when he did, he loved it. When he heard her soft voice talking to him, he couldn’t help but chuckle softly.

”You cannot blame me for trying…”

When she turned to look at him, Aeolis felt his chest constrict again. Ceridwyn was more beautiful as each day passed now and today was no exception. As she embraced him again, he wrapped his arms around he and pulled her against him. Closing his eyes as his hand stroked her silk like hair and inhaling her scent as he did a thousand times before, he knew he would never forget it for as long as he lived.

A smile slipped to his features as he heard her speak of their impending vows and when she lifted her face to look at him his smile only grew. Bending slightly so she could easily reach his cheek, he heard her whispered pledge of love and responded in kind.

”And I you, love of my life.”

He turned his head so he could press his lips tenderly to her temple before reluctantly releasing her and finding his fingers gently closing over hers as she laced her hand in his. As the young Elf approached with his news, Aeolis listened and nodded in appreciation of the news. It was something both he and Ceridwyn worked on while trying to plan their nuptials. Both of them saw the importance of making sure the orphans of the Heartlund battle were not only compensated somehow but they always had a place to call a home of their own.

As the Elf announced the addition to his own residence, Aeolis smiled and nodded. He wanted to make sure Ceridwyn had all the comforts of home as well as ample room to study that did not require her to be away from him any longer than was absolutely necessary.

”Thank you for the news.”

The Elf bowed respectfully once more then turned and left them alone once more. As Aeolis started walking with Ceridwyn again, he saw the way she was glancing up at him and he grinned.

”We may have the rest of our lives to spend together, mel’ amin, but that does not mean I want to spend one second without you in our own home. If you have all you need within the walls of our home, then there will be no chance your eye will stray to a handsome magic user if you have to study elsewhere.”

Looking down at her, he squeezed her hand gently.

”Who do you think they chose to headmaster?”

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:48 pm

"My dear Aeolis magic users are so stuffy and snobby, I could never fall in love with one, in fact I think they should all be banished from Krynn."

Aeolis looked at her and laughed wholeheartedly as she patted his forearm.

They walked together through the streets of Silvanost. Per their request there was no decorations to celebrate their union despite their both being prominent figures in the community. They requested that instead all the money that would have been used be divided and given to the Children of War Memorial fund and used to redesign the interior of her former home to accommodate the needs of the younglings. As they walked Ceridwyn looked up and stopped, finding herself face to face with her home. She looked up at Aeolis as the noise of construction moved through the air and she spoke, "This has been my home for 322 years, fitting that after the comfort it has brought me that it will now bring comfort to others who need to more."

She leaned her head on Aeolis' shoulder and watched as the construction Elves carved into the wood and magically moved pieces of the living structure around to make it more suitable to its new purpose. A few moments later a courier approached and bowed low before standing back up and looking at Ceridwyn, "Begging pardons, I have a message for you from Heartlund."

Ceridwyn furrowed her brows slightly and nodded in thanks as she took the message in her slender hand. The Courier bowed and then departed as she turned the parchment envelope over. It was sealed with a black dot of wax and pressed into it was a crescent shape. Not recognizing the symbol she looked up at Aeolis and then back to the envelope. Breaking the seal she could immediately smell the spices and components of wizards reagents. She gently removed the letter and unfolded it;

"Ceridwyn,

I apologize for this less formal than face to face response but my duties and my health keep me from traveling too much. I also apologize for the slow response to your invitation as an attendee at your union with Aeolis. I wanted to inform you that I will be in attendance.

In the Art,

~ Kali"

Ceridwyn smiled and looked up at Aeolis, "I was hoping she would make it, I was sad when I hadn't heard back right away."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Aeolis skimmed his eyes over the message from Kali and remained silent until Ceridwyn looked up at him and smiled.

”It will be good to see her again.”

He was concerned as well, even though he didn’t say anything about it. Kali had changed. A lot. While he hadn’t seen much of her since the battle, he heard Ceridwyn talk about her and knew she was equally concerned. But Aeolis was concerned for not only Kali herself, but Krynn as a whole. What he witnessed from her powers he knew she could be a serious threat to the world. He silently prayed she would keep her ambitions focused on something other than seeking more power and causing destruction to get what she sought.

He smiled to hide his worries and pressed his lips to Ceri’s forehead.

”I am glad she informed you she was coming. I do not like to see you sad. Your radiant smile should be shared by the whole world but especially me.”

He curled his hand around her smaller one and winked.

”I pray the brightness I see in that smile does not fade as you realize what sort of man you are really marrying.”

He grinned then leaned down to kiss her cheek.

”I heard the buzz about the trees was the Prince and his family would be arriving this evening. Apparently they have been able to settle in nicely at Glen Durel and Shaer is more than just a handful now. From the reports I have gotten, it sounds as though Prince Myth’alas has a pint sized shadow everywhere he goes when he is there.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 OlwaBanner

Olwa stood in front of the Princes desk.Their relationship had become rather informal over the last month, to the point where the Prince insisted he drop all title and simply refer to him as Myth or Mtyh'alas. They were on the verge of traveling however and Olwa was returning to the more formal ways that would be required of him when they were in Silvanost and in view of the public. Myth finished what he was writing and looked up at Olwa who spoke, "My Prince, I have finished packing your things and your formal armor is ready for you. I have polished it for the wedding."

The Prince spoke as he looked from under his brows, "We are not in Silvanost yet." Olwa was caught off guard and swallowed when he then caught the slight wink that Myth'alas gave him and he chuckled, "Of course... my Prince."

Olwa smiled in return and bowed his head, "Princess Rayann said she will be ready to travel half a candle tick past sunset, the prewedding celebration begins tomorrow morning at the castle."

Myth dismissed Olwa and he nodded respectfully as he turned and exited the room. Walking through the castle he ran into Rayann who was making her way to Myth'alas' office and stopped, stood formally and brought his hands together as he declined his head forward in the respectful manner the Elves greeted royalty, "My Princess, the Prince is in his office, but I am sure you wouldn't be disturbing him if you visited."

Rayann looked at him with a look that said, 'what's with the formalities' and Olwa spoke, "I am practicing for our trip my Princess, if I drop protocol in public it will look bad to the Prince and yourself, especially considering how long I have been here."

After dismissing him to the rest of his duties Olwa made his way down stairs and to the kitchen to retrieve some refreshments for himself and Pela. As he walked around the corner he almost barreled over Ranewen how was coming the opposite way. She slipped and he grabbed her around the waist and held her from falling. The strength in his arm was nothing short of mind boggling. Despite only being under Myth's training for a few months he was already incredibly strong. He got her back to her feet and let her go when he knew she was steady, "Sorry Ren, are you ok? I was just coming to get some refreshments for Pela and I."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 ElfGirl

Ranewen couldn’t have times it any more perfectly if she had purposely set up the chance meeting like this. She had just gotten done packing Shaer’s things and was just going to retrieve a couple of books from the Padraig family library when she collided with Olwa. She barely had the chance to bring her hands up to try and protect herself when she felt arms encircle her waist and felt the strength within them to help steady her and bring her back to center. But what was more was the fact she felt the muscles of his chest flex as her hands instinctively rested against him there when he moved with an almost cat like grace to catch her from falling.

Her breath caught in her throat and she felt her heart skip a beat at his closeness and she rested her hands against his chest a bit longer than she really needed to. As she began to regain her senses after such a sudden encounter, she slowly slid her hands down his chest and clasped them together near the center of her chest as she struggled to bring her heart and breathing back to normal.

”Goodness, Olwa….you scared the demons out of me. But I am fine, yes, thank you.”

She smiled prettily even though the mention of Pela’s name was more like nails piercing her eyes.

”Oh. So I take it you are ready to go as well? I was just one my way to get a couple of books for Shaer from the library. I cannot wait to see everyone again. I am sure your parents will be delighted to see you again as well. I will be happy to visit them with you if you would like me to.”

Every chance Ranewen had, she reminded Olwa what he was, where he was from and the fact his parents would approve more of her than the human he seemed so infatuated with. While she never really came right out and said such a thing, she would find other ways of making sure the seed was always planted. Especially when Pela was nowhere to be seen. It always made it easier for Ren when the white haired witch wasn’t hovering nearby.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Olwa took a half step back once Ranewen was steadied and responded to her cheerfully, "Yes, I am all packed and I have our Princes affects all polished and ready for Saturday's ceremonies. My understanding from Princess Rayann is that Ceridwyn and General Aeolis have requested to skip all the formality of decor that typically accompanies a wedding of importance so the money can be given to the wives and children who lost their husbands and fathers in the war at Heartlund. I think it is an amazingly humble gesture don't you?"

He could see Ranewens slightly crinkled nose when he said this, though she tried to hide it he caught just the slightest glimpse. He understood the importance most females put on having the grand spectacle of a wedding, but he couldn't think of anything more fitting for Ceridwyn and Aeolis. He looked down and saw that she didn't have the books she was talking about and then heard her speak of his parents. Clearing his throat at the uncomfortable thought of seeing his mother and father he spoke, "I don't know if I am going to have time to see them much if at all. My duties with the Prince will most likely keep me very busy, such is the life of a public servant to the house of the Speaker of the Stars."

He smiled as she gazed at him and he cleared his throat yet again, unsure of what to say. Finally just to break the silence he spoke, "So, what books are you getting for Prince Shaer? Do you need any help?"

He immediately regretted his words but they were already out there, why on Krynn would she need help fetching two book from the library?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Ren always thought Olwa was too lax when it came to tradition in certain areas. But to think he actually admired Ceridwyn and Aeolis for giving up the finery of a formal wedding was almost absurd. When Ren married Olwa, she would make sure the whole city joined in the celebration of their wedding. After all, she was entitled to such a display of status given her family’s place within the city.

When Olwa mentioned he wouldn’t have a chance to visit much with his parents. Ren’s smile faded slightly. She was so in hopes of visiting his folks with him to further secure her place by his side. Oh well, she thought, perhaps there will be another way while we are there.

As he offered to help her gather the books, her smile returned and even brightened. Nodding her head, Ren gently slid her left arm under Olwa’s right elbow as she turned him in the direction she had been walking in. It was in the same direction he had just come from but where you kept moving straight to reach the Prince’s private office, the library was a right turn down a small hallway.

”As a matter of fact, I believe I could use your help. I believe one of the books I will be getting is on one f the higher shelves. And the books I am getting for the youngling to read are none other than “Once Upon a Gnome’s Travels” and “When the Wind Blows”. They were two of my favorite stories when I was a small youngling such as Master Shaer. They allow one to read of adventures of far and away without leaving the comfort of one’s home. And he is at such an adventurous state right now, I could not have thought of two better books for him to read.”

Ren dared to take a peek up at Olwa as they walked. He was so handsome and he was the best archer the city had known in quite some time. And with his training under Prince Myth’Alas’ direction, he was bound for greatness. Just the sort of lifemate Ranewen needed to assure her place in society.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 RayannRed

Rayann stepped into Myth’s office without knocking. While some may see it as rude, they didn’t understand the connection the two people had with each other. Permission had been asked and granted without either of them uttering a single syllable anyone else could have heard.

She saw the way her husbands brow furrowed as he took the time to look over something on his desk and as she grew closer, he sat back in the chair and sighed deeply before looking up at her as she walked around the desk to slide her frame onto the desk top and sit with her legs dangling. Today she was dressed in a simple red tunic and tan leggings with the boots Myth gifted her after they first met. Her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail secured by a leather strap near the base of her neck. A few locks had escaped the confines and curled lazily around the edges of her hairline to gently frame her face.

The strain of the battle in Heatlund had left her with some premature lines that had developed around her eyes and at the corners of her mouth when she smiled, and her hair was now more silvery than white, another physical trait of the strain the battle had done to her. But all in all, she still looked like the woman Myth had first encountered in Witchwood.

Tilting her head slightly, she smiled lovingly at her husband as he looked up at her. She could see the depth of his love for her in his green orbs and hoped her lavender gaze did him the same honor for there was no doubt she loved him more now than she did when she discovered her feelings for him ran deeper than any ocean on Krynn.

”You look troubled, mel’amin. Set your worries aside for a few days and enjoy the festivities we’re sure to encounter back in Silvanost. Knowing your mother, I’m sure she won’t let certain things go by the wayside despite what Ceri and Aeolis have requested. Besides, you look as though you could use a small vacation. Even if it is only for a couple of days. Remember, all work and no play makes Myth a grumpy Elf.”

Mischief was rare to see in Myth’s gaze but from time to time, it surfaced and Rayann was always glad to see it. It reminded her the man she loved had not forgotten his youth and was not afraid to show he had emotions like those around him. And the look she saw in his emerald gaze now made her smile even more.

”I knew you were looking forward to this small hiatus. You can block many things from me, Myth’alas, but deep down I know you. So tell me…..what sort of grand scheme have you cooked up for your friend? I know you won’t let Aeolis off that easy with a simple ceremony. After all, I believe some sort of payback was promised for the formalities we had to endure he found so amusing.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Color_10Tara was laughing quietly at something James had said as they stalked an old doe. He was making jokes and funny faces while she kept motioning to him to stop as she tried to keep from laughing out loud. Finally she couldn't hold it in any longer and burst out laughing at a particularly funny face he'd made. She watched the doe run off into a thicket and rolled her eyes. "Great...that's two now tha' be runnin' off. If ye would quit making me laugh maybe we could bring somethin' back to Heartlund other than empty air." James chuckled, "If you'd be more quiet, perhaps we could actually kill something." His words were in jest and the look on his face reminded Keatara of her brother, Tynen. She sobered almost instantly, losing the smile on her face. James was instantly at her side, "What is it, Tara? Why do you lose the smile?"

"It's nothing, James...just that Tynen and I used to joke around like this when we would be hunting." James gave her an understanding look, "I understand....you speak so little of him. Care to tell me what happened?" Keatara looked down at the ground then up to him, "I'd rather not be telling ye the tale, James. 'Tis too fresh still." He nodded his understanding turning away from her. The look on his face was one of satisfaction. Things were going as he'd hoped...him joking with her the way Tynen had told him he and his little sister had on many occasion. He turned back to her, the look gone and a smile was back. "Come on then, let's get the hunting over with and drag our trophies back to brag about."

The rest of the day went well.....both of them taking down two does and Tara taking down a large buck. Tara sent James back to the keep to gather horses and a few men to help them bring the meat back. She stayed behind, field dressing and butchering the deer.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 am

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Healer

Tanjee followed the hunters all morning. On the surface, things looked normal but something nagged at her. One was not always as they appeared to be. That much was certain and more than once she saw proof of that. Still, it was difficult to make accusations without hard proof.

To make matters worse, she knew she would have to return to Silvanost by the end of the day to join in the rituals of her brother and Ceridwyn’s nuptials. So she had only this small window of time to observe this James without him knowing he was being watched.

When the conversation turned to Tara’s brother, Tynen, Tanjee took extra care to make sure she observed James even closer, but with his back to her, she was unable to see anything that would cause her alarm or verify her suspicions. It looked as though he was nothing more than just a friend to Tara.

Finally the hunt was coming to a close in the early afternoon as James went back to the Keep to gather the horses while Tara took the time to field dress the last stag she had taken down. Tanjee sat down on a large branch in the tree she occupied and gave a small yawn. It had been a while since she traipsed about the tree tops and the strain of her concern for Tara was causing her extra fatigue. She figured she would sit and wait for James to return with the horses and then make her way back to Heartlund with the hunters then be on her way to Silvanost to join her brother and Ceri.

Now if James would just hurry back before it got too terribly late.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 am

Olwa listened as Ranewen spoke and when she mentioned the books he couldn't help but chuckle as he responded, "Oh yes, I remember When the Wind Blows, it is one of my mother's favorite books. I remember Once Upon a Gnome’s Travels as well though I admit that I would much prefer GO on an adventure as opposed to simply read about it wouldn't you?"

He noted the look on her face once again that gave her full disagreement to leaving home. He shrugged slightly and they made their way to the library. He was slightly uncomfortable with her having her arm under his so he managed to tactfully slip away from her once they were in the library as he walked over to one of the large bookshelves and stared up at it, "It is amazing how much knowledge is contained within these volumes, I especially love the ones with great artwork.

He picked a large book from the shelf and set it on the desk in the middle of the circular room. Opening it to a random page he smiled as she lovingly traced his finger over the page which contained a detailed replication of a painting by a human artist who simply went by the name 'Rornic', "His use of color is so amazing, and I love how he defines his objects through light and shadow as opposed to lines... I can only hope that I myself am able to paint this well someday."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 am

Ceridwyn looked up at Aeolis and touched his cheek gently before responding to him, "Oh my dear Aeolis, I am well aware of what type of Elf I am marrying so I am not worried, besides if things don't work out I will just turn you into a butterfly and all will be well."

His jaw dropped and she was able to skirt back as he grabbed at her, she giggled and jilted him again, "Neigh neigh my dear Elf, not until the wedding night!"

She squealed as Aeolis lunged at her and she turned to run, her bare feet padding with almost no sound off the finely laid cobblestone streets. She dashed towards their home but Aeolis was much faster as well as more agile than she and easily caught her within 30 meters of where she started running. As he grabbed her she spun around so they were face to face and she spoke through her panting, "Well my lord... you have caught the white rabbit, whatever will you do now?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Ren was disappointed when Olwa slipped away from her when they entered the library and she felt like pouting prettily but she thought better of it. Instead, she moved over to the area she knew one of the books would be and started reading the titles on the spines. As he spoke about the books with great artwork in them, then took the time to pull a book out and study the picture, she shrugged slightly and answered as she half paid attention to him.

”I think there is no greater artwork than what our own Elven artists can produce. Especially when it comes to such intricate detail as the scroll work in the elaborate chambers within the royal family’s residence. I mean….have you ever seen such beauty as that? I would find it hard to believe if you have.”

She found the one book she was looking for, “One Upon a Gnome’s Travels” and set it down next to the book he was studying. She took the time to let her eyes skim over the artwork and crinkled her nose slightly then looked up at him and smiled.

”Oh Olwa….your fascination with your hobby is touching, really, but you are destined for greatness beyond what you can do with a few absent minded strokes of a brush with color on the tip. You are the best archer Silvanost has. It would not surprise me if one day you were to take Aeolis’ place as General. And it would be a fitting title and position for you.”

Ren caught a slight movement at the door and saw Pela standing there looking at her and Olwa with Olwa’s back facing Pela. Smiling even more, Ren moved closer so her body came in contact with Olwa’s arm and she tilted her head as she lifted her hand and toyed with the hair that fell over his shoulder.

”Not to mention your parents would be overjoyed. As would I.”

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Pela

Pela had grown very close to Shaer since coming to Glen Durel. He was an absolute joy to be around not to mention smart as a whip. He learned so quickly. The child ‘helped’ her pack her things and when Pela had finished, she promised Shaer a ‘pony’ ride to go look for Olwa.

She searched around for him and finally decided to see if he was still with Myth when she heard voices coming from the library. When Pela arrived at the doorway to the library, with Shaer clinging tightly to her neck as she carried him piggy back style, just in time to see the almost intimate contact between Ranewen and Olwa. For the few seconds she stood there and watched the exchange between them, she felt a wave of emotions wash over her.

Her bright smile faded and her usually pale face took on a pallor color. The slight color to her cheeks faded and her iridescent blue eyes seemed to take on a glazed look. Without making a sound, she turned and walked away as quietly as she had arrived.

Why oh why did she have to feel these human emotions? She detested them at times like this. And what she felt now was like a crushing weight threatening to suffocate her. A lump formed in her throat and she felt the sting of tears trying to blur her vision. She swallowed hard and blinked several times to pull her emotions back into control. It would not bode well for anyone if she were to lose control now and turn her pain and anger into a childish outburst that would only cause more trouble than it was worth.

She could have staked her life on knowing Olwa loved her but apparently she was mistaken. Or was she? But what did Ranewen mean she would be overjoyed? No doubts Olwa was going to take her home to his parents. It would be better in the long run. At least then his mother wouldn’t be upset at him for choosing a human over a beautiful Elfess such as Ranewen.

She was so caught up in her thoughts she didn’t feel Shaer tugging at her until she was almost at the bottom of the stairs. She finally stopped and slowly knelt so the child could climb off her back without falling. She turned to look into his emerald gaze that was so like his fathers, he seemed to know her emotions and he reached to take her hand. She glanced at his tiny hand in her trembling one and she let the slightest of smiles ease over her features.
Reaching out she scooped the toddler up in her arms and hugged him as tightly as she dared without hurting him. Instinctively his arms circled around her neck and he hugged her tightly in return.

”If nothing else, there is no doubt you love me Shaer.”

While Ceri had the upper hand in many things, the one thing she couldn’t do better than Aeolis was move as quickly as he could. Years of training and his own natural ability made him as quick as a bolt of lightning when he needed to be. And right now, he needed to be.

His arms encircled Ceri’s waist easily and drew her up against him. She was breathless from dashing away from him but he seemed to be barely affected by the sudden movements. His light green eyes seemed to twinkle even more as he grinned down at her.

”Why…..the one thing I do with all rabbits I catch. Devour them…”

He held her close against him as he bent his head down to softly nuzzle the curve of her neck. He had a few more days to wait before he could do just what he said he would do. And if he wasn’t careful, he could easily lose his control. Thankfully, the sound of a throat being cleared softly drew his attention and he quickly stood up straight and spun to face the sound, instinctively placing Ceri behind him. His irritation grew as he saw it was a royal guard that now stood before him and he furrowed his brows even more.

”Yes?”

The guard stood straighted and saluted respectfully.

“Beg your pardon, general, but the Speakers Wife sent me to retrieve the Lady Ceridwyn. She insists on having the intended bride as her guest until the ceremony is completed.”

Aeolis crossed his arms before him clearly disliking the news. The guard seemed to be prepared for such a reaction and stood his ground.

“She told me I was not to return without Lady Ceridwyn. And I was to take whatever measures I needed to take to make sure I did as ordered. By order of the Speakers Wife, of course.”

Aeolis growled softly.

”Of course…..”

Aeolis looked down at Ceri who was now peeking out from behind him.

”It seems you are being summoned to the royal family’s residence. Why does this reek of a certain Princes doing?”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Ladyrose2

Rose let out a sigh and the features of her face relaxed noticeably once Kali had left the room. She knew that things could potentially be tense between Nol and Kali but she had not anticipated this. With a resigned sigh she sat forward as Nol apologized and shook her head and waved her hand indicating that the apology was not necessary. She listened intently as both Nol and Kellan voiced their concerns about Kali. Rose lifted her fingers to her temples and rubbed small circles.

"Trust that your words have not fallen upon def ears my my friends. I have ever been leery of the motivations of wizards and sorcerers alike. I can count on one hand the number of casters in all of Krynn that I would trust blindly, and Kali is not among them. I had already considered a few options concerning the matter and thought I would be making a sojourn to either Glen Durel or Sylvanost." Rose slipped her hand into her desk and brought out a pristine envelope and tapped it on the desk. "As luck would have it I may only need to go to one of those places."

Rose frowned slightly "I wish I was not attending with any ulterior motives however."

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Mythban2

Myth rubbed his bare forearms lightly chuckling as he let his emerald eyes upon his wife. The arm guards unusually absent made him feel somewhat naked but Olwa had insisted that they be cleaned and repaired so that they did not look out of place with the armor they belonged to. The ceremonial armor gifted to him by his mother was as much about presentation for events, as it was for war. The arm guards had been with Myth since the time he had left Sylvanost leaving his heritage behind him. They had seen use in more battles than he could recall and had lost little to the ravages of time.

"You wound me my heart, why would the crown prince of the Sylvanesti lower himself to do such a thing." His grin spread ear to ear "I have instructed Aeolis's own subordinates have their own fun in that department." Myth stood from his chair reaching high stretching his muscles that had fallen into slumber from sitting to long. Lowering his arms once more he walked around his desk to stand in front of Rayann and leaned back resting against it.

"You are right though in that mother would not let things go by as smoothly and quietly as the couple would like. While they can eschew the frivolities that would adorn the city proper ever bit of pomp and stance will be in place at the palace. A full honor guard worthy of a royal son will escort them through the city and greet them at the palace gates. Ceri and Aeolis's wishes will be adhered to in the fact that the money that would have been spent will go where they wished. Everything that they was received via donation and volunteer."

Myth shrugged his shoulders with a smirk "Their request was so heartfelt that a couple of anonymous individuals ensured that it would be so."

His grin was absolutely devilish as he sat their leaning on the desk. He saw her smile brighten and was reminded as always how much he loved her. She had done what many had thought impossible and tamed the dark prince. She had single handedly brought him back to the light and his people and she would hold his heart until the end of time for that reason if for none other.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Ceridwyn raised her eyebrows as Aeolis spoke of devouring her and she reached down tracing her finger in a circle around his navel, "I would be a small meal and surly would give you indigestion..."

Their little game was broken up suddenly by the sound of a throat clearing and she felt herself being moved against her will behind Aeolis. She furrowed her brows slightly. Knowing his protective instinct was all well and fine but someday he would understand that her magic was a better and more dispensable shield than he leather armor and body. As she listened and peeked around him before stepping into full view she could not help but giggle at the guards words, "You do realize that even under authority of the Queen your best efforts would not be measure enough?"

The young guard furrowed his brow in confusion and then suddenly felt himself getting sleepy. Ceridwyn stopped hissing the words of magic and he snapped to, looking around as if being caught sleeping on the job. He figured out what was happening and seemed to become slightly annoyed at her casting a spell on him. He opened his mouth and Ceridwyn placed her finger to his lips and looked him dead in the eye, "Before you say something you will most certainly regret remember that though I am Sylvan I operate independently from simply the will of the Speaker and his wife. Now, with that said and to keep you from putting yourself any deeper into the cauldron of hot water I will go with you willingly, that way you will appear to have done the task set before you by the Queen and I won't have to replace your memory with that of a toads... we wouldn't want you sitting in the reflecting pool in the town square trying to catch flies with your tongue now would we? No no, that would be below the dignity and station of a Silvanesti Elf now wouldn't it."

The guard kept his mouth shut as she withdrew her finger, the look on his face reflected nothing but the fact that he clearly got her message. She turned to Aeolis and touched her hand to his cheek, "As for you my Stag, I shall see you tonight at the festivities. I am sure the Prince is only having me stay with his mother to assure you stay respectable and don't try to open any presents before the right time."

Aeolis looked at her with wide eyes and the young guard looked up at him as if asking what he was going to do about her saucy words, if anything Ceridwyn had become much more whimsical and witty these last couple weeks. She turned to the young Elf and spoke, "Alrighty then my escort, take me away!"

Olwa backed away from Ranewen feeling uncomfortable at her getting so close and looked over his shoulder, thinking he had heard something. The doorway was empty and he turned back to look at her as she spoke so brazenly about the images in the book, "The scrolls in the royal family chambers are elaborate, but elaborate doesn't always mean beautiful."

He stepped back at her and furrowed his brow at her snobbery and spoke, his voice was slightly irritated, "My parents joy is not my joy Ranewen, it never has been nor has it ever been. Frankly who cares if they are happy with what I do... or you. Only two beings on Krynn truly understand me, who I am and what I want... and it certainly isn't my parents or you."

He looked at her, his face was cross with frustration and he flipped the book closed as he spoke, "You don't understand, none of you do... and you never will."

He stomped out of the room leaving her behind and went down the hall and down the stairs. When he reached the bottom he saw Pela and Shaer tugging at her snow white braids. Walking over towards her he smiled a deep and genuine smile. She could see he was upset and his eyes were slightly welled up with tears. He didn't say a word, he simply grabbed her around the waist and drew his head into her ear and whispered, "What would it take to get you to leave with me, to vanish from all this and simply go make a life for ourselves away from all this?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Kellan looked at the pristine envelope then back to Rose’s face. While it was not the most appropriate way to get audience with who you needed it with, sometimes one had to set aside reservations and do what had to be done. It was better to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission sometimes. And this was one of those times. Kellan’s light brown eyes held that understanding and she nodded to Rose.

”Considering the circumstances of all things involved, I don’t think it would be frowned upon. Especially with the discreet way you are going to handle it. True Commander Rose fashion.”

Rayann saw the way Myth rubbed his forearms and knew he was not all that comfortable without the gauntlets he usually wore. And in truth, it looked odd to see his bare forearm skin instead of the normal metal that adorned them. Still, the twinkle in his emerald gaze did her heart good and she couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear at him.

”Well, I have to say, I do feel sorry for Aeolis by the time all of this is over with. Especially with his subordinates at the reins of his last few hours of being a single Elf. And I’m certain you left some specific instructions just to be sure he is, how can I put it, well taken care of.”

As he stood leaned against the desk, she slid off the desk to move and stand before him. Her hands rested gently on his bare forearms as she leaned closer and rose up on her toes to place a tender kiss to his cheek before pulling back and looking into his loving gaze again.

”I could only imagine who those anonymous individuals were.”

Sighing and stepping back away from him, she looked around his office before looking back up at him.

”While I wish not to leave our home, it is time we gather the troops and go to Silvanost. The sun is dipping lower on the horizon and the festivities will begin shortly after we get there. Opur son and young charges are all packed and ready so we best not keep them waiting.”

Aeolis couldn’t help but grin slightly as Ceri proved just exactly what the guard was dealing with. If nothing else, she made a good argument for not underestimating her. As the guard snapped out of his near slumber, Aeolis saw he fact he had made a grave mistake and knew thnis lesson would stay with him for his lifetime. As Ceri spoke to the young guard then ordered him to take her to the palace, Aeolis grinned and shrugged as the guard looked at him

”Trust me, you have just seen the tip of the sword. Pray you bring her to the palace without incident…or wanting to catch flys”

Aeolis couldn’t help but laugh at the look the guard shot him and he waved to Ceri.

”I shall see you shortly, my love”

When Olwa showed up, Pela didn’t realize he was there until he had her encased in his arms. Shaer instantly started playing with her braid and Olwa’s hair. She instinctively stiffened and was just about to pull away from him when she heard his whispered words. She knew he was upset about something but was it because he got caught or something else?

Unable to stop herself, she melted against him and closed her eyes. She swallowed hard a few times before she spoke and her whispered voice was full of emotion.

”you need only ask, Olwa Pilininge. If that was what you really wanted.”

She slowly pulled back and was about to pull away entirely when she realized Shaer had entwined the end of her braid with the end of Olwa’s hair. She looked at what the toddler had done, looked a Shaer then looked at Olwa.

”What on Krynn….”

She looked at Shaer again and he was grinning from ear to ear and she couldn’t help but chuckle softly. That grin was quickly gone as she looked just past Olwa to see Ranewen walking down the stairs practically shooting daggers at her with a feline like grin on her Elven face.

Ranewen fumed silently as Olwa quickly darted out of the library. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the door for a moment before turning in a huff to retrieve the second book. Sure enough the book was on the shelf she had to climb the ladder to get. Once it was retrieved, she marched out of the library and headed down the stairs to pack the books for Shaer. As she reached the last landing, she saw Olwa embracing Pela as she held Shaer and the toddler was twisting Pela’s braid and Olwas hair together. Sheer anger settled into the Elfess but she put a grin on her face and walked slowly towards the two.

”Well, Pela, it looks as though Shaer has tied your hair in knots with Olwa’s. You have to pay very close attention to him or you will find yourself in quite the…tangle. Would you like me to cut your hair free for you?”

Pela furrowed her brows as she looked at the twisted knot Shar made and sighed then grinned slightly.

”Apparently that will not be necessary. Shaer is untangling it.”

Ranewen turned to see the toddler eagerly working on the knot he had created and sure enough, after a few moments had the locks of hair untangled as though nothing had ever happened. Pela turned to smile brightly at Ranewen.

”It seems as though the Shaer has learned how to undo knots.”

She leaned over and kissed Olwa’s cheek and smiled even more.

”I have to make sure I have everything for the journey. Would you like to join me?”

Pela glanced at Ranewen and saw the anger sweltering just below the surface and took a little self satisfaction in the Elfess’ reaction. Turning to walk down the hallway, she seemed to almost forget the scene she witnessed in the library.

Ranewen, on the other hand, was already plotting her next move.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 am

Ceridwyn entered the castle and was escorted to the Queen's chamber. As she came to the waiting room the young elf stopped and turned to look at her. She looked up into his eyes brightly but never said a word, "Please wait here Miss Ceridwyn, the Queen will be with you shortly."

Ceridwyn nodded a thanks and giggled softly as the guard half looked over his shoulder before quickly exiting the room. She shook her head whimsically and took a seat on a very ornate sofa and looked around the room. The detail and grace paid to every single element was amazing to her, even after all these centuries she found both awe and disgust in the way her people lived. Knowing that her little village was full of working Elves who were barely making ends meet and then this elaborate extreme of frivolity and comfort made her heart ache. She inhaled deeply and put those thoughts out of her mind. For now she would focus on the fact she was about to marry her life partner, his handsome face flashed into her mind and she spoke to the magic current the covers the surface of Krynn, sending a message to Aeolis in the manner only wizards could. Even knowing that he wouldn't be able to respond just knowing he would hear gave her comfort, "I love you a'maelamin, with every fiber of my being."

Aeolis would her a slight hint of discomfort in her voice, suggesting she was within the elaborate halls of the castle, a place that she never enjoyed visiting, not for the people within but for the pomp and circumstance she so loathed being all around her.

Olwa listened to the conversation between Ranewen and Pela, and he did not say a word or interfere. A few weeks back Pela had said something on one of their walks that he dismissed but was still lingering on and he was beginning to see she was right. Having grown up with Ranewen he never thought much about them as anything more than friends, and Pela alerting him to her behavior as being very flirty and passive aggressive towards her came as a slight shock to him. His immediate reaction was to dismiss it and play it off as their being childhood friends. Ranewen's actions in the library however had confirmed Pela's words as well as capped off three weeks of being more aware of her behavior. As they walked into her room he closed the door and locked it so they would not be disturbed. Pela quirked an eyebrow as she heard the latch snap and he chuckled softly, "I am more of a gentleelf than to make such an attempt in our Master and Mistress' home."

Pela laughed nervously and he walked over the her, taking Shaer from her he placed the young toddler on the floor and stood as he grabbed both Pela's hands, "I want to apologize. I dismissed your words a few weeks back regarding Ranewen and you were right. She just made a very strong play for me in the library. I offered to help get some books for the young prince here and she took it as an opportunity to belittle my dreams and push herself against me. I know I could say nothing and you would never be the wiser, but I wanted you to know about it mostly because I owed you an apology for not listening when you first spoke about it."

He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, his soft lips pressing into her flesh and leaving a slightly moist spot on her pale skin. Suddenly there was a crash and They both spun around to see Shaer tangled in a dress, the coat rack it was hanging on laid on the floor and had impacted the table beside it knocking the oil lamp and wash bowl to the floor. Luckily the lamp was not lit but the oil in it's base was now all over the carpet and Shaer was crying under the garment. Quickly they uncovered him and a small goose egg where the coat rack had impacted his head was swelling quickly. Olwa was about to say something over Shaer's screams when the doornob rattled and Ranewen's voice came from the hall, "What's going on?? Why is the door locked?? Why is Shaer crying?!?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 pm

A door on the opposite side of the room opened up and with a soft swish of fabric, The Wife of the Speaker of the Stars stepped into the room. No pomp. No circumstance. No announcement. She simply walked in like a normal elfess. But that’s where the ‘normal’ for her ended. She was dressed in a soft green colored gown that wasn’t elegant in the least, but it was far from simple. A fine gold chain draped from her waist that wasn’t as small as it used to be but she had done a fine job of maintaining herself well. Long sleeves that hugged her arms until the wrist and they belled out from there.

Her hair was coiled up on her head and several beads adorned her graying locks but she still had a bit of the auburn in her hair. While Myth’Alas’ hair was brighter and more true red than his mother’s, there was no doubt where he inherited his hair color from. Her face showed she was no longer a youthful, young elfess but she still retained a beauty about her that couldn’t be disputed.

Her gentle, blue eyes were still as alert as any young elf’s and the smile that graced her fine features was heartfelt and genuine. Walking over to Ceridwyn, she dismissed the Elfess’ attempt to bow as she reached out and drew Ceri into a tender, motherly hug. Her voice was soft as she spoke and there was no doubt she was quite confident in her role as the Queen.

”Bah…..no formalities right now, my dear Ceridwyn.”

She stepped back and took Ceridwyn’s hands in her own and smiled even m ore.

”Right now it is just two women sharing a moment between them. Besides, the formalities will be coming soon enough. I wanted to have a moment of privacy with you before everything started with the celebrations. Please….sit. Would you care for some tea, my dear?”

Without waiting for an answer, she walked over to a table and started pouring two delicate cups of tea then turned and handed one to Ceridwyn. Taking a sip of her own cup, she sat down on the other end of the sofa indicating Ceridwyn should do the same.

”I must say, it does my heart good to see you so happy and radiant looking. For the longest time I did not think you would ever marry, but fate has a strange way of changing the direction our lives take. Does it not? After all, look at how my wayward son was returned to his people. All because of that fickle emotion we all possess; love. And there is no doubt you and Aeolis are very much in love. I have seen the way the two of you look at each other.”

She noted the slight look of surprise on Ceridwyn’s face and she chuckled softly.

”You are not the only one who sees things, Ceridwyn. I have my ways about me that helps me keep up with all of Silvanost’s citizens. I would not be performing my duties if I did not. While the Speaker deals with much of the high level affairs with our people, it is my duty to make sure I keep an eye on the people as a whole. I know I have not done as well as I could have over the years. Unfortunately, I am not infallible and some of our people have not gotten the proper attention they deserve. I hope to somehow correct that.”

She took another sip of her tea then set the delicate cup in her lap and looked over at Ceridwyn, smiling again.

”So tell me, Ceridwyn, are you nervous at all? Many times the Elfess is overlooked with all the preparations of the joining ceremony.”

Pela couldn’t believe her ears. Olwa finally had the veil lifted from his eyes where Ranewen was concerned and she couldn’t have been happier. She was about to throw her arms around him and hug him tight when the crash happened. As quickly as humanly possible, she dashed over and with Olwa’s help, untangled the child. As his wails of fright and pain erupted, she quickly assessed the situation. As the sound of Ranewen’s raised voice came from the other side of the door, Pela looked at Olwa with a frightful look on her face. Just as she reached up to unlock the door, she felt the pull of magic and knew what was happening next. Quickly scooping Shaer up in her arms, she uttered the words of magic that brought cold to her hand as she covered the child’s injury with her now cool hand.

The door unlocked and opened of its own accord and when Pela looked up. Rayann and Myth both stood there giving Pela and Olwa a hard look. Rayann felt the pull of magic the instant Pela cast her spell and while she wasn’t sure why, she took the whole scene in and quickly came to her own conclusion. And it wasn’t difficult to do so. Of course Ranewen saw this as her opportunity and she quickly chimed in.

”Princess….I rushed to the young Prince’s aid as quickly as I could but the door was locked and I could not get to him quick enough. I should not have let him out of my sight. I apologize. But I thought he was safe in Pela’s care.”

Rayann reached out and took her son from Pela as Shaer cried and reached for his mother. As Pela’s hand was removed, Rayann saw the goose egg that she had been covering and she reached up touching it gently. She felt the coolness and knew the young sorceress was attempting to help in some way, but the damage was already done. As Shaer curled into his mothers embrace and continued to cry a little more quiet, Rayann looked at Pela and Olwa both with a look that clearly relayed her displeasure with such a scene.

”A locked door with two unescorted, single, young adults behind it and a child crying from an injury he sustained from an accident that was purely preventable if he had been closely watched as he should have been can only bring one to certain conclusions. Especially when that locked door belongs to the bed chambers of one of the unescorted, single, young adults ….”

Pela opened her mouth to say something but Rayann held her hand up to silence any words the young woman would have spoken.

”I am the one talking and you’re the one listening, Pela. I didn’t say I had come to that conclusion. But I can say something like this will not happen again. I will make certain of it. We are scheduled to leave but before we go, you need to make sure this is cleaned up.”

Her words were not hateful but there was no doubt she would not hear any argument to the contrary. She didn’t accuse Olwa and Pela of anything for Rayann knew Olwa was an honorable Elf and Pela was still too inexperienced to do anything she wasn’t comfortable with but there was no doubt implications could have been made and it wouldn’t have been a good thing to have happen if they were in the Palace or had company. But she did want to make sure they understood fully what their actions or lack thereof had done and they had to be accountable for that.

She looked at Olwa but said nothing directly to him knowing Myth would handle that himself when there were less ears around. But there was no doubt the look she gave him was one that spoke of her disapproval of what had taken place. And Pela had not heard the least of it either. That much was clear but that was left for a more private setting. Rayann turned and looked up at Myth exchanging mental words the slipped quietly down the hallway with Shaer as he began to quiet.

Myth’s voice broke the silence as Pela heard the Prince tell Olwa he needed to make one final check of their things before they departed for Silvanost. That left Pela standing there with her heart in her throat. Finally she breathed and swallowed hard. But her relief was far from over. A soft, feminine voice from behind her reminded Pela Ren had heard everything.

”Seems as though you have a mess to clean up in here. If I were you, I would get to it. We would not want you to miss the portal opening to Silvanost and be left here alone now, would we? Without Olwa.”

With a victorious, cat like grin, Ren did her best indignant look then walked away from Pela. As Pela watched the elfess’ back walking away from her, she narrowed her eyes. One day, she thought, one day I will put so many ice daggers in that back of yours you will feel each prick as each one hits your flesh. With a heavy sigh, Pela turned and started to clean up the mess that had been made. Ren was right about one thing, she didn’t want to miss the portal opening to Silvanost and not be able to be with Olwa for a few days.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Ceridwyn looked up suddenly as the door opened and stood to give her curtsey, the queen whet to stop her but she gave a small grin and did so anyway, "Perhaps we are just two women your majesty but one of us is still the Queen, as much as I appreciate the gesture I must obey protocol, even when no other eyes are on us."

As the Queen offered tea and then brought a cup to Ceridwyn the white wizards eyes went slightly wide and she spoke through a nervous voice, "You honor me to serve me with your own hand your majesty, I thank you."

As the Lady of the Stars spoke Ceridwyn blushed slightly and responded, "I am nervous however and I am also shocked. I too never thought I would marry, after the... well, you know, I was certain I would never give my heart to another. It is funny how someone that is your enemy, despite the circumstances, can become the exact opposite."

She looked up knowing that the Queen knew the whole story, about Aeolis' possession and his being arrested and eventually exorcised by Ceridwyn herself. She smiled shyly, more humbly than Ceridwyn ever did with anyone else and spoke again, "Pardon me, my emotions over run me."

Olwa was in a panic and when the door came open and the three figures entered swiftly. As Rayann scooped up Shaer and began to speak punishingly to them he swallowed hard and like Pela he was about to speak when a look from Rayann and a second from Prince Myth'alas stopped him dead in his tracks. As Myth gave him his instructions he glanced to Pela and then exited the room. He spoke to her mind as he moved away and before he was out of range, ~ "I am sorry my Pela, I did not mean to cause you trouble..." ~ His voice faded as he moved swiftly out of range and he hurried into Myth's Quarters to make sure all the Princes effects were in place for the voyage. He went over what he would say over and over in his mind, never settling entirely on how to word things, what he knew is that what everyone had seen was not what was happening and the door being locked was purely for privacy but not to... bah, he couldn't face this, it was too much. He stopped and walked over to the window, holding the Princes cherished bracers in his hands. He looked out across the grass fields surrounding Glen Durel and inhaled deeply. He saw the beauty of their motion, the reflections of light that bounced around like butterflies that had been released from solitude. He watched as the shadows defined the shapes and the shapes defined the area.

He stood mesmerized as he looked out the window and was only jostled back to reality as he heard the familiar steps of his Prince enter the room. Slowly he turned and gazed upon the crimson locks of his lord and master. Inclining his head respectfully Olwa spoke softly, "My Prince."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant   Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch 3: The Remnant
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next