Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Krynn OOC Banter

Go down 
+3
serredeth
zinsk
RPMistress
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 pm

serredeth wrote:
I gotta head back to work but I'll check in on things from my itouch hehe. Just can't post till later ^_^

Feel ya bro. I don't know how much I will be on tonight, Ian wants to learn how to paint mini pewter figures so I think I will be giving lessons this evening Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Aw....how sweet.

I remember doing that sort of thing with the boys. And tonight, I'm home alone......ones in New Mexico on a trip for school and the other is in Lacrosse camp.

And the hubby is working

LOL

I plan on kicking back and watching some DVR'd shows.

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:14 am

All right I was just informed this morning that one of my morning people won't be here. This transates into me not getting any real lunch or break till almost the end of my shift. Feel free to move me along as needed. Between RP and Z-Man you both know how a couple of my toons work. I'll check in when I can but most likely no posting till after work

=(
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am

Sad

BOOHOO!!!!!!

That stinks......we'll do what we can until you can get back to us Ray.

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:25 am

Sounds like Myth is about to do a naked table dance with a lampshade on his head...
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:41 am

ROFLMAO

And I can hear "Shake yer money maker" in the background
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 am

I say we make posts that jump us ahead in time a little faster, only to eliminate the potential loss of momentum we have. We have been posting "preparing for battle" posts for weeks, I think it's time we actually did something Wink

Sin and RP (and Ray if you get to something today)... feel free to advance our timeline and give brief details about the character movements (if you want to).

Sin, the only thing I see that we need some good detail on is Tynen's decisions and movements... again, I leave it to you Smile
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 am

No prob, dude.

Just a couple of quick question....

What time frame are the dragons on? I'm thinking things may be hot and heavy by the time they arrive.

Just wanna make sure I don't mess up anything there.

And are we looking to advance to the end of the day and nto the evening?

That's sort of what I see.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:27 am

RPMistress wrote:
No prob, dude.

Just a couple of quick question....

What time frame are the dragons on? I'm thinking things may be hot and heavy by the time they arrive.

Just wanna make sure I don't mess up anything there.

And are we looking to advance to the end of the day and nto the evening?

That's sort of what I see.

BEGIN CAPS!!!

THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS, IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO THROW IN AND WE MAKE ADJUSTMENTS LET'S DISCUSS IT, I AM THE GUIDE NOT THE AUTHOR OR FINAL AUTHORITY

END caps.

I posted into one of my messages that Nol's flight was leaving the next morning and it was a three day journey, and the Dark Lady's armies are almost two full days march. The idea was that the Nol's Dragon flight (12 dragons, Kellan on Nol + Raju) would arrive one day into the siege. I kind of thought that the dragon's would be planning a sort of land on the outskirts and walk in so as to not alarm everyone, speak to the leaders, etc... but what will happen is they will be flying, see the war fires, etc. etc. and just jump into the fray, at this point Nidhug will summon dragons of his own, chaos will reign.

It is my thought that the Wizard's in the Towers won't jump in until the dragons arrive as the chaos on BOTH sides will be the time it will become most advantageous.

With our outline Piramay will deploy her secret weapon, Kali will severely wound Fifth thinking him dead. Piramay will see it happen and appear to come to his rescue but will capture and enslave his soul with the newly developed soul well (so she can absorb his powers later). Kali will have left Fifth to destroy her tower and thus collapse all three towers.

As the towers begin their collapse Piramay and Kali (and if you want to throw Rayann in) will end up in the most epic battle we have ever written. Piramay is pretty much gonna thrash Kali to within an inch of her life and then escape through the closing rift that was above the towers. We will see her in book 2 as our new super villain.

This is all VERY rough on purpose so that we can write in the major and minor details, and it is also flexible, if you have creative inspiration during writing and want to go another road that leads in the general general direction of book 2 then by all means do so.

Ideas or questions, post it and let's discuss Smile
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 am

That's what I thought but wanted to be sure and your rough outline is good to go as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Sin, I just had this idea... what if Tynen is still in Heartlund when the battle starts and basically starts slaughtering people in the wall?

I think it would set up a great sister vs. brother battle as well as would set him up to have Nidhug reprimand him and basically shun him off (creating tension).

Nidhug will no longer be part of the Dark Queen's army when things start to settle and this will give you the opportunity to move him into a place of command and therefor more rewards from the Dark Lady herself.

Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:15 pm

o.O

I for one LOVE that thought. I think it would be a great way to give Tynen more meat.

And I know you can write for him with no prob, Sin. But it's completely up to you, of course. Just know I for one support the idea and would help any way I could.

And don't be afraid to stretch your legs with a maloe character. Opens up a whole new way of thinking and writing, that's fer certain.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 pm

To Rayann's point, don't be afraid to have him suddenly graced by Tahkisis and for a brief period he gain incredible speed or monumental strength... it's the kind of thing that could be temporarily granted because she wants to ensure his return.

Smile
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:33 pm

long annoying day, glad my weekend is here. Now time to catch up and formulate posts.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Excellent, Rainman.

We look forwad to your words of wisdom
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Okay...guys, I like your thoughts on Tynen and think it will work. Here we go!!!
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 am

Great work Sin, loved the post Smile

Ray... Awesome post, I was hoping you would have Myth start to clue in on Kali's motivations and past conversations with him. NICE man! Smile
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

*rubs hands together*

And so the action is on the threshold of starting.

This is gonna be awesome

We'll have to be careful our posts don't cause others to lose the ability to contribute so when things get hot and heavy, we may need to wait until others can post so we give adequite opportunity for responses to actions that were slung their way.

Z and I can most likely post different posts with characters that don't involve Sin's or Ray's so we can keep the momentum of the story going until you two have the chance to post.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:24 am

RPMistress wrote:
*rubs hands together*

And so the action is on the threshold of starting.

This is gonna be awesome

We'll have to be careful our posts don't cause others to lose the ability to contribute so when things get hot and heavy, we may need to wait until others can post so we give adequite opportunity for responses to actions that were slung their way.

Z and I can most likely post different posts with characters that don't involve Sin's or Ray's so we can keep the momentum of the story going until you two have the chance to post.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

I agree, the last time we had a big battle everyone didn't get to contribute completely so I am 100% behind the idea of moving at a slower pace so everyone can post in.

ALSO, I locked CH20 and posted a first post in CH21

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Time t'dance, yall
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:36 pm

will post more when others have had a chance to do their thing ^_^

don't want to get to far ahead... you all know how much I love doing battle =)
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 pm

I will be at work all day tomorrow and when at work I don't get the chance to post like you guys do. So, Zinsk and RP you seem to have a pretty good idea on my characters, I think, and how they work. Feel free to use them as needed tomorrow if you get chances to post.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:04 pm

SinTara wrote:
I will be at work all day tomorrow and when at work I don't get the chance to post like you guys do. So, Zinsk and RP you seem to have a pretty good idea on my characters, I think, and how they work. Feel free to use them as needed tomorrow if you get chances to post.

We can do that but they will both turn into epic boom smashers Wink

Seriously though, we can do that if you are comfortable, but we are intentionally trying to do this battle at a slower pace
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Okay....that's fine.....I just wanted to let you all know that I am comfortable with the two of you playing my characters if and when needed. I work most days of the week and can usually only post in the evening, so if you need to....move my characters accordingly.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:25 pm

I made an edit to my last post. I had posted Fifth saying it was time, but I want to elongate the length of time before the wizards get involved since that is what we originally discussed.

I want to play out more of the battle and do something a little more ominous like the three wizards are standing on one balcony (Maybe Kali's since it is the tower closest to the city) and they simply watch things unfold for most of the day.

Perhaps the Knights and Elves start to beat the dark forces back and the battle slows into the evening as both sides retreat to lick their wounds and regroup, the next day the battle restarts, Nidhug summons the dragons, Piramay unleashes her creation, the wizards THEN jump in and it maybe even starts to look like Heartlund will fall but during the chaos and Nol and Kellan arrive about 30 minutes into that...

What are all of your thoughts? We just need to do things so that there is still a battle when the metallic dragons arrive and I don't want to rush the story because of our excitement to write this battle. It needs to be several pages long and I noticed (with MY post) that it was starting to get rushed again. It's easy to do because these are the fun things to write.

So anyway... let me know what you all think. Is the timeline above good? do you want it faster? slower? etc. There is PLENTY we can write before the wizard's even get involved so that is why I am thinking of slowing their involvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Krynn OOC Banter
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next