Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:52 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Kali2

She turned with a start as she heard her father enter and as he spoke to her she felt contempt and was about to protest when his emerald eyes hit her like a paralytic poison. She closed her mouth and simply nodded. When he spoke to her mind she glanced sideways at Rayann who was still visibly disturbed by what she had asked of her and then turned to look at her father, her missive came in response, ~“As much as you are my father I will hear your proposal, but I cannot bring myself to believe that you can present a viable solution. This is a wizard matter, not a father and daughter matter.” ~

Her face eased slightly and she continued, ~ “However…. Because you are my Father and you have many years of experience behind you, I can’t think of anyone who is more likely to surprise me with an option that I haven’t conceived of. By your request, I will listen.” ~

To most such a response might have sounded like a back handed compliment, but Myth knew her better than most, in some ways better than her own mother. Though Rayann was capable of tapping into Kali’s emotions due to the natural empathic abilities she had been blessed with, Myth had served the same Dark Queen as Kali, and their connection was more experiential than mental or emotional. Kali turned and looked at Myth, her eyes sparkling slightly as she drew magic to herself. She extended her hand and the barely visible glow of magic pulsed in her palm. It was something Myth was all too familiar with, and he knew the instant their skin touched they would be moved to somewhere more private and appropriate for this conversation. She spoke to Rayann as she stared directly at Myth, “Mother, if you will excuse us, Father and I have something of urgent importance to discuss.”

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 am

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Mythban2

Myth nodded to his wife offering her a look of reassurance before he reached out taking Kali's hand. Myth felt the familiar sensation of his body leaving his stomach behind. He closed his eyes taking in a breath as the world quit swirling around him. He opened them once more looking around Kali's room. He took in a deep breath for a moment before looking at his daughter as she crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow. Myth motioned for her to take a seat and as she did so He lowered himself to the floor crossing his legs. He took in a deep breath before he spoke in a flat tone.

"Your mother need not be burdened by what I have to say Kali." Myth reached into his belt and produced a familiar blade. He could see recognition in her eyes as he presented his blade of oaths. He had shared the tale of its origins and purpose as well as the oath he had made with Rayann.

"Your mother is a kind and compassionate woman. So much so that I know that she could not bring herself to destroy you if she was forced into that position. Because of that I am forced to take up that charge myself. My love for you is no less than the love I have for your mother and brother, but I am also capable of separating those feelings from my duties." He could see that look of doubt on her face as he spoke. He was but a warrior of renown skill but what chance did he have against a wizard of high sorcery.

"I can see that look of doubt in your eyes daughter. There are some tales of your father that were never spread through the dark palace and for good reason. You know that I was trained to be one of her majesties top assassins." He produced a small smoking pipe that she rarely saw him bring out and lit it. The scent of elven herbs would soon fill the room.

"I had a specialty of particular note that the queen chose to keep hidden." Myth looked at his daughter squarely "I was trained to be a mageslayer Kali." He let that statement sink a moment before he continued "When you were trained I am certain you were warned to be diligent in your duties and to be mindful to never turn your back upon the queen lest the queen unleash the Red Wraith to hunt you down. Occasionally an example would be made just to prove of the wraiths existence.. "Myth held up the length of his hair "Think of how fast you know that I am able to move." He waited to see the look upon her face.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:53 am

She listened to all he had to say and nodded. The look on her face was absolute and she spoke. “I know who you were Father, all the high ranking magi knew, though we never spoke of it. Keep in mind Father, that despite your specialty I too was trained in a specialty, ambient magic, and though I choose not to practice the art now, the knowledge is locked in my head. That same ambient magic is what allowed me to lure you and mother, and ultimately manipulate you to kill Nim’Sul, it is also a magic that your ring of nullification will not affect.”

She inhaled deeply and let it out in a sigh, the expression on her face matching his own, “Please understand, I am not wishing to cross swords with you, nor do I in any way wish it to come to that, but you are making this vow to me and it is not as simple a task as you say it is, not to mention your love for me is strong, but you lie when you say it is as strong as it is for my brother. He is your son, your heir, the pride of your loin… I am the bastard daughter that you did not know for 120 years.” She saw the look on his face and furrowed her eyebrows, “Spare us both the argument towards another stance Father, I love you, and you love me, and that is fact, but I have never seen the pride in your face or the sparkle in your eyes that is present when you gaze on my brother. I don’t hold it against you, it is only natural, this form of you never got to hold me helpless in your arms, it is only natural that the bond between us could not form in that fashion.”

Standing she walked over to him and knelt in front of him, placing her hand on his shoulder, “THAT is why you are more suitable to this task, not that you are a mage killer, but because you are more capable of killing me than you are Shaer. There is no fault in that, it is not your doing, or mine, it was the doing of a thief of a wizard who stole me away as a child. You were taken to the Dark Queen’s castle and taught to kill Wizard’s, I was taught to kill everything.”

She leaned forward and hugged him gently, he would feel the delicateness of her beneath her robes, a gentle shell that housed the power of a thousand soldiers, “If it comes to it, you must do what you can to destroy this body, do not let it bring harm to anyone.”

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:54 am

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Mythban2

Her words did not bother him in the slightest. She had been under the tutelage of Fifth and Rorie. It was no surprise that his daughter would know the truth but he had decided to talk of the matter anyways.

Myth held up a finger and corrected her "I was taught to slay wizards... I learned to kill everything, but I won't mince words on the matter."

He wrapped his arms around her form and sighed heavily "Kali... you know I will do everything in my power to defend our family and if it comes down to it I will carry out your wish. On my honor as a warrior and my word as your father."

He was silent holding his daughter close and he spoke silently "I curse your uncle everyday upon the waking dawn for what he has done to our family. All I know of you as a child came to me in a vision one night long ago before I met you as Shulamite. I see before me a grown woman sure of herself and quick of mind. You are more like me than anyone I think will ever know, even your mother. Try as I might I have a hard time remembering not seeing you as a woman unwise of the world despite knowing better. I do not mean to think you ignorant of facts and sometimes I underestimate what you know. For that I apologize... it is a failing of a father I'm afraid."

Myth was many things and emotional was not one of them. Yet as he sat their holding his daughter he felt an unfamiliar sensation. The feeling of tears running down his face. He regretted the childhood he had not seen. Everyday that he looked upon his son he always wondered what Kali had been like when she had been that small. Here she sat in his arms a grown woman full of worldly experience and asking him to slay her if the need arise. It was heartbreaking and despite all his self imposed control Myth could only control so much.
The tears rolled but he would not sob. He simply gripped his daughter close and let out a deep sigh.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:19 am

She listened and nodded softly as he spoke, “I know you will do it Father, you are right in one thing for certain, I should have come to you and not Mother regarding this matter. Maybe it’s the small part of me that knew Mother would protest and try to assure me that things would be alright and it would never come to that,” she paused, “Call it the grasping hope of a woman uncertain…”

As he spoke of Rorie she shoke her head and spoke, “Do not curse him Father, if not for him I would not be what I am today. I am equipped to handle much more than I would have been otherwise. I am paired with my mother, both of us wear the red robes but one sways to the light and the other to the dark. It allows us to see things together from a multi-faceted approach, which is the whole point of our purpose, to bring balance back to magic. AS far as being quick of mind I think we both know where that trait came from,” she winked and pushed him in the shoulder.”

She inhaled deeply and exhaled even slower as he grasped her and pulled her in close to himself. She whispered to him, “If it is any consolation, I still love your hugs, when you do manage to give me one.”

She put her arms around him and pulled him in tightly, smiling as she laid her head on her Father’s shoulder. They stayed like that for a long while and finally Myth felt her grow heavy and limp. The sound of her breathing softened and slowed significantly as her arms dropped gently to the floor and she went from hugging him to dead weight. As she fell asleep on her Father’s shoulder and in his embrace her mind was able to go quiet and find a small oasis of peace.

))Calling this but it’s just details of what I would expect any Father would do if his child just fell asleep on him((

Myth picked Kali up and placed her in her bed. After pulling the covers up and tucking her in to protect her from the cold he stoked the fire and felt it’s warmth permeate the cool room. He stood and walked over, brushing a small tendril of hair from her face and leaned down, kissing her gently on the forehead. She smiled softly and though she never woke he would see on her face she was aware of his presence, even in her sleep.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:33 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 RayannRed

Rayann knew the conversation that was taking place between Myth and Kali. She didn’t need to read minds to know. From the waqy Myth came in and talked to Kali, she knew father and daughter were clearing the air, so to speak. The task Kali asked of her was too much and Myth knew it. But Rayann knew Myth well and she knew he was telling Kali he would take that duty on himself. And while she loved him for it, she hated him for it too. But she would never tell him that.

While he was gone, she bathed and got ready for bed. She felt empty inside. For the first time in a long time she began to wonder if she could really make a difference in this world or if she were just fooling herself. She reflected on everything that took place since she left Rorie and wondered if things would be different if she could back up to that day and….

No. If she did then she wouldn’t have Myth. She wouldn’t have Kali and she wouldn’t have Shaer. No….things happened for a reason and she was discovering that each day. All she had to do was keep focused and things would work themselves out and she would see what purpose hr life has.

When Myth finally returned to their room she looked at him from across the room. She could tell by the look on his face the conversation had been emotional. Asmuch as Myth tried to protect her from the negative emotions, he couldn’t protect her from all of them. And it wasn’t her empathetic abilities that told her this. It was the look on his face and in his emerald gaze. Without a single word, she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him, holding him tight.

A little while later Rayann lay in bed with Myth’s head resting on her stomach. Her fingers eased through his crimson hair and she brought a damp lock of it to her hair and inhaled deeply closing her eyes. The fire blazed in the hearth causing shadows to dance on the ceiling and far wall but it also illuminated the room ina rich, warm amber glow. Her voice was barely over a whisper when she spoke to him.

”No one ever told us being parents would hurt so much. Remind me, when we see your parents again, to thank them. Not just for Shaer, but for you as well.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4