Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Saulfa16

"You will find no damage to your fortress or signs of forced entry.

I would think that dieing to save Ceridwyn would have counted for something." Saul said then continued

After climbing the rise to the fortresses wall, I concealed myself in the shadow of the gates barbican and the wall. Kneeling, i cut a long branch from the limb I had dragged to conceal my footprints in the snow, the stripped it of its small branches, then removed my nap sack, opened it and removed a length of rope and my cloak. Slid my sword from its scabbard and wrapped the scabbard in the cloak, tied one end of the rope to the center of the scabbard. Then took a thin length of dried animal intestine and fashioned a bow from the branch. Crawling out a short distance from the wall, lay on my back with the bow cradled in my feet. Pulling my knees up, placing the end of the scabbard on the bow string like an arrow, extended my legs, pulling the fitted scabbard back and aimed at a space between a crenel (openings) and two merlons (square saw teeth). I let loose the wrapped scabbard and it flew through the crenel and landed softly upon the battlement walkway, pulled the rope slowly until the scabbard wedged itsself between the two melons. Testing to be sure the rope was secure, I picked up his nap sack, slung it onto my back and slipped my sword in the belt of my coat, then slowly climbed the rope until my feet were off the ground, then placed my feet against the wall and climbed, stopping just at the rim of the crenel to listen. Footsteps could be heard rythmacly and steadily growing louder. I quickly slipped over the wall of the battlements, untied the rope from the scabbard and let it fall to the ground. You should find it there, then crouched and quickly frog walked to a the shadowy corner between the gates upper bardican and the parapet's wall.

The two guards approached each other from opposite ends of the battlement, stopped and looked out over the open plain, shuffling their feet and blowing into their hands. They spoke briefly, looking not out onto the plain but in towards the courtyard, I listened and thought if these are examples of guards, then this fortress is indeed in trouble. As the two guards disappeared into the blowing snow, I rose slowly, sheathed my sword and slipped the scabbard between his knap sack and back, then scampered across the walkway and ran silently down the steps to the Bailey (courtyard within the walls of the castle) below. Keeping to the shadows I made my way through the streets towards the castle keep, looking for the stables. Finding it I easily made my way inside to rest until morning. I heard something moving by stall closest to the door, the door slide open and close. When I slid the door open to see who had left I was apprehended.

Regarding the Dark Queens agent? It was on the first night of your journey to the coast, . The three were hidden in the trees, or so they thought, bungling fools that they were. When they separated they failed to keep sight of one another. So slitting their throats was an easy task."

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:19 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Ceribanner

Ceridwyn felt Rayann outside her door. She couldn’t bring herself to answer when she knocked. Rayann entered and even then Ceridwyn didn’t move. She felt her friend come closer and sit on the bed. Her face was buried in her pillow and the leaves of the bed seemed to cradle her. She finally turned her head to Rayann and it was obvious the second Rayann was able to put her eyes on Ceridwyn’s face she was emotionally exhausted. Her lower lip trembled the moment their eyes met and she rolled over, burying her face in Rayann’s lap and the sobs racked her body once again. Rayann, with her empathic ability would be able to feel the emotions pouring through Ceridwyn. Finally when she was able to stop and catch her breath she laid her head back on her soft pillow and looked up at Rayann, she broke through occasional shuddering sobs.

“I thought the nightmare was over Rayann. Watching his body dissolve like liquid before my eyes, I thought my grieving was at an end ages ago. That young man though, however he is making himself look like a resemblance of my Thomas…. I couldn’t help but feel the flood gate open. His name was his honor, his life was his honor… he had no children, no wife… he told me himself. He was an honorable man and he loved me Rayann, I gave myself to him in every way a young woman can and I have never done so again until Aeolis.”

Her eyes welled up again as she spoke Aeolis name and felt her heart breaking again, “Oh by the gods what am I going to tell Aeolis… he doesn’t deserve to see me like this, to feel these emotions coming from me. None of this is his concern or problem.” She covered her face with her hands and clutched at the folds in her robes, “Thomas had no descendants… he had none… no son, no wife…” She reached and clutched Rayann’s robe, her hand squeezing the velvety fabric tightly as she looked into Rayann’s eyes.

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Kali2

Kali looked up at Pela, there was obvious sadness in her crystal blue eyes and she shoke her head, “Apparently it would have been better if I had gone to the interrogation. The young man leveled some accusations to Ceridwyn that are less than honorable. Ceridwyn is lost for the moment, gods hope they find her. She is level headed and steady, so I am sure she is fine and just taking some time to think.”

Kali looked at Pela and half smiled. She saw so much of herself in the young sorceress. Reaching up she grabbed Pela’s hand and squeezed it softly, “I am looking forward to practicing with you…,”

She released her hold on the young girl and simply nodded.

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 LadyKellan

Kellan listened to the young man explain how he breeched the walls and describe what the guards did and did not do. She would report this to Rose and Tystan and let them make a decision as to what to do. One thing became clear as she listened to the young man, he was quite nimble not to mention resourceful. There was no doubt he could be an asset to the cause, but was what he gave her enough to warrant his stay of execution? So far, she had to honestly say no. Unless…..

”Tell me something, Saul, can you describe what these agents looked like? And where did they pick our trail up to follow us?”

It was important for her to know this fact and what his answer was for it would be the weight that tipped the scale either in or against his favor.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:02 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 RayannRed

Rayann quieted Ceri’s sobs as though she were quieting Kali’s or Shaer’s. Her steady but quiet presence would eventually break through the raw emotions she was feeling from her best friend and it was all she could do to hold her own emotions in check. The pain, the grief, the utter sadness she felt from Ceri was almost overwhelming. As Ceri quieted, Rayann looked at her friend.

”Perhaps, Ceri, there is a logical explanation for all of this. I have no doubt Sir Thomas loved you deeply, but did you know what his life was like outside the Knighthood before you met him? I know many of the Knights have families in the surrounding community and often are able to go home there instead of staying in the barracks. I’m not saying your Thomas was deceitful in any way. Many things could have caused the marriage to dissolve in many ways, but if he had not legally divorced himself from his previous wife, he was still considered married. Please don’t think I’m trying to paint him in a bad way, I’m just trying to give logic to all of these things and perhaps help you find answers.”

As Ceri clung to her robes, Rayann saw the look in her friends eyes as she tried desperately to convince herself Thomas had none of the things this man had said. As much as Rayann wanted to believe these things from Ceri, she couldn’t simply because she didn’t know Thomas. And with this happening almost 300 years ago, this man in the stockade was many generations past Thomas’ so it’s was even possible the man was incorrect. But based on Ceri’s reaction, there was some truth to what he was saying.

When Ceri spoke of Aeolis, Rayann furrowed her brows slightly and shook her head in disagreement.

”There is where I know you are wrong, Ceri. You need Aeolis now more than ever. After so many years, you have allowed yourself to find love again and the man that loves you loves you more than life itself. Don’t shut him out now or you will regret it more than anything else. Look to him and find the help you need. He will be the rock you need to lean on right now. If you turn from him now, you will be doing both of you more harm than good.”

Rayann hoped her words were somehow getting through to Ceri, even as she reached out to comfort her friend and hold her hand as Shaer fumbled around with the rope tie of Rayann’s robes, finding amusement in the way it felt easing through his smaller hands.

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Aeolis

Aeolis listened from the other side of the door and what he heard made his heart drop to his feet. This stranger mentioned Sir Thomas? How was that possible. It’s been 300 years. But as he listened to the conversation, he heard Ceri say he didn’t deserve to see her like this or that it was his problem. The hurt he felt at hearing her say that caused him to physically flinch and step back. He stared at the door as though it had reached out and slapped him across the face.

Furrowing his brows, he clenched his hands into fists then looked both ways down the hall as his jaw tensed. Had he done nothing to prove his love for her? Was she not able to see he would do anything for her? Obviously not if she felt as though it were not his problem. Turning on his heel he walked back to the war room and rejoined the others. Perhaps his assistance would be better served here with people who did need him.

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Mage2

Pela, who was void of most emotions, listened to what Kali was telling her with a blank look on her face. It wasn’t the girl didn’t have emotions but she was incapable of showing them. Being raised by an unemotional Netherman, as Nol once said, has it’s disadvantages. And this was hers. Whenever she felt any emotion she didn’t understand, she would immediately turn it to anger. SO when Kali reached out and took her hand, Pela immediately felt a spark of something pass between them and she snatched her hand back as though she’d been burnt. Pela’s eyes grew wide and she blinked and glanced up at Bad Rock then back to Kali before furrowing her brows.

”I am anxious to practice as well….”

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Ceridwyn listened to Rayann and she sighed deeply. Shaking her head she spoke, “No… he had no family. He told me he was born of noble lineage but had never found a wife, he had been raised by monks of the order of Paladine and they kept his lineage known so he could follow in his bloodline and be a Knight. He was an orphan, he was raised by the church and subsequently handed over to the order when he was old enough to Squire. We have hundreds of hours of life between us, do you not think I would have been able to discern or pick up on any of that? We were together almost a solid year, never once did he show any indication that he needed to leave, we stayed together exclusively the whole time.”

She sighed heavily and spoke, “I am not going to shut Aeolis out Rayann, he is just too good a man to have to drag my baggage with him.” Shaking her head she looked up at her best friend, “I love Aeolis so dearly, but the life I was living in my youth is now something he has to deal with as well, and I wish it wasn’t so. I was no maid when we met.”

Kali felt she was finally connecting with Pela, and she was genuinely glad for that, but when Pela retracted herself so quickly, and her voice got as cold as her skin Kali in that moment realized that she and Pela were even more alike than she initially thought. It was almost as if their lives were parallel, and somehow they were being brought together for a deeper purpose than what was facing them.

Kali inhaled deeply as Pela spoke curtly with her, and she simply puckered her lower lip slightly as she nodded, “Then when the snow is past.”

She turned as she heard the door open and saw Aeolis enter, the look of anger mixed with sadness that was covering every fiber of his being was obvious. She knew him too well to not see it. She turned to Pela, “Excuse me.”

She walked over to Aeolis who had hastily grabbed some maps when he saw her approaching and was acting like he was studying them. She spoke softly, “Aeolis?” “Hmmm,” Was all he answered… She reached out and touched his arm gently, “Aeolis.” She knew him well enough, he would not be able to resist her touching him and making contact, they were too good of friends. He turned and looked at her, she could see the pink on the outer edges of his almond shaped eyes, he was on the verge of emotional outpouring, something the Elves rarely did. She spoke, “I assume you found Ceridwyn? Is she alright?” He simply looked at her and she spoke, “Please Aeolis, tell me, is she ok?”

Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:29 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Saulfa17

Without so much as a flicker, he held Kellian's eyes locked on his

"They weren't human nor were they dragon but seemed to be a combination of both and communicated in a sort of gutteral grunts but spoke some common tongue as well." he said then added

"It was as you journeyed towards Starport, just past a small hamlet about a half days ride from Glen Durel."
Saul then sat on his heels quietly awaiting the next question.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Rayann reached out to take Ceri’s hand in her own.

”And he knew all of this before he fell in love with you yet despite all of you ‘baggage’ as you’re calling it, he confessed his love for you all the same and I’ve seen it grow each day he is with you. Don’t let this drag you down. You’re too strong of a woman to allow this story told by a rather upset individual to cause you to lose control like this. As much as we want to bury the past, there’s no way we can forever. Eventually it will come back to the present in some way and we must learn to deal with it.”

She stroked Ceri’s hair as she tried to soothe her friends wounded heart.

”There has to be an explanation for all of this. We just need to find out what it is. And there has to be a reason why the young man has shown up here, now. All things happen for a reason and we just need to try and figure out what that reason is.”

Aeolis felt the emotions within him welling up and it was all he could do to force them down. He swallowed hard a few times and blinked his almond shaped eyes. When he finally had control once more, he spoke softly to Kali and his tone was as cold as the snow outside.

”Apparently she is fine. Or at least, there is nothing I can do to help her. She is speaking with your mother now. Perhaps she will return to the meeting when she has collected herself. Now, I believe we have some business to discuss.”

It was clear Aeolis was not in the nood to discuss any of this right now and by the look he was giving Kali, she would be hard pressed to get him to open up to her right here, right now.

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 LadyKellan

Kellan sat in silence when Saul gave her the answer. There was no outward indication she was doing anything but staring at him but inwardly she was practically screaming. The description of the agents he described were a perfect match for what they knew to be Draconian soldiers. Abominations the Dark Queen created to form her army along with her Dragon Highlords. This news did not bode well for any of them. If Draconians had been dispatched to track Bad Rock and Pela, it’s possible they reported back to the Dark Queen any odd happenings.

Kellan stood up and moved the chair back against the wall and smoothed out her tunic. Fnally she looked over at Saul in the cell and nodded.

”Very well. I will report this to the Commander. I’ll see to it your brought a hot meal, fresh water and a wash basin. I want your word you will do nothing to try and escape. If you do, your death will be eminent. Do I make myself clear?”

When Saul nodded, she wrapped her cloak around her and walked down the corridor, up the steps and out through the stockade. When she hit the outdoors she felt her breath stolen from her lungs. Trudging through the snow, she made her way to the Keep and shook the snow off her person before she walked down the corridor to the War Room.

When she walked in all eyes turned to her and she noticed everyone looking at her. Immediately she sought out Rose and Trystan and motioned to the door letting them know she needed a word with them. When they joined her in the hallway, she spoke softly yet urgently.

”Draconians were tracking Bad Rock and Pela. Saul killed three of them before they got to the pair. It’s possible they reported things back to the Dark One before they were killed. To say the least, we should at least go on the assumption they did and prepare for more of them.”

She saw the looks passed between the two of them.

”It’s possible he killed them before they could report anything. We saw no signs of any of them on our return journey and they are not that good at concealing themselves from one the likes of Aeolis. If he did indeed kill the Draconians, he inadvertently prevented the possible death of a Knight of Solamnia. Unfortunately, there will be no evidence of said deaths but, if he is lying, he’s one of the best I’ve ever met. But my gut tells me he isn’t lying and he’s being forthright with us. With this news, Commander, I respectfully request his execution be stopped. For now.”

She looked at Trystan and hoped he understood she wasn’t trying to undermine his initial order but find out more information they could verify before they acted rashly.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Kali listened to Aeolis and as he spoke she could see in his eyes that he was not wanting to talk about what happened, and though she was younger than he she would not let it end like this. She reached and Aeolis glanced from the map, he was just about to protest knowing exactly what she was doing. When her hand touched his they were suddenly in her room, alone. She pointed to the map that he had been pretending to study so she would leave him be and she tapped it with a whimsical tone in her voice, “You are obviously distracted with thoughts of Ceri.” He looked crossly at her and she only smiled as she looked deeply into his eyes, “Those maps are a lot easier to read if you hold them right side up.”

Quickly Aeolis looked and flushed with embarrassment. She gently took the parchment from his hands and spoke, “Now Aeolis, I am not an Elf, I am half-elf, but I do know the difference between clamming up and speaking freely. You have clammed up, what happened?”

Ceridwyn breathed in deeply and spoke softly, “The words sound so easy, it all should be so simple like that shouldn’t it,” She looked up at her and there was the slightest bit of anger in her eyes, “But when you watch the love of you life melted in front of you, and you watch the agony he is enduring for your sake, and the minutes turn to hours as with the last of his life force he stares at you only to then have your womb invaded and your unborn child murdered … only then will you understand what is happening in here.” She sniffled and spoke softly, “Do you realize that I am barren now? The spell destroyed my womb, Fifth kept his word when he made his bargain with Sir Thomas, he spared the life of the child when he killed him, but what he did do was strip my body of the ability to keep a child alive… I live with this every day Rayann, I live with the knowledge that my choice cost me so much that I will never get back, and sweet Aeolis, I will never be able to give him a lineage…”

She touched her chest and tapped over her heart, “This will forever be damaged, it will never be fully repaired.” Rayann would be able to tell that Ceri was in no way mad at her personally, but the situation was bringing out everything that was behind the fire line. She stood and smoothed her robes as she looked in the mirror. She inhaled deeply and turned to face Rayann, “Well, enough of that for the day. We have a war to fight against a son of a bitch adversary don’t we? Let’s be to the war room then.” She could see the trepidation in Rayann’s face as she buried her feelings so quickly, but she nodded and spoke, “That which cannot be changed must be endured. There will be time to sort all this out later, for now, diplomacy must reign supreme.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Aeolis wanted to thrash Kali for porting them away like this. He wanted to throw anything could get his hands a hold of and he wanted to hit something repeatedly over and over again until it, or he, could take no more. Everything that was welled up inside of him wanted to burst out all at the same time and he clenched his jaw tight to keep from loosing what little control he still had on himself.

Taking several deep breaths, Aeolis walked over to the window he couldn’t see out of and stared out at oblivion. His shoulders slumped forward and his face took on a haunted look. When he spoke, his voice seemed distant.

”Apparently Ceri does not wish to bother me with her ‘baggage’ and feels she is quite capable of dealing with the haunting of her past love without my assistance. I do not understand. I know she has trouble discussing it and I am in no way wanting her to do so, but, why does she feel the need to not share her hurt with me? All we have is each other. Would it not be right to come to me in her time of need, no matter what that need may be? I know she is strong and quite capable of taking care of herself but why can she not even think of bringing this to me? I would hold her if that is what she needed or I would listen if that is all she wanted me to do. What ever her need, I would be that for her.”

He shook his head and looked down at his hands as he examined them.

”These hands once sought to do her harm and now, all they want to do is hold her close to me each and every day, yet she still holds me at arms length when something like this happens to her.”

He looked over at Kali and the hurt he felt was so raw and real he couldn’t hide it in his gaze.

”I would be nothing without her and if not for her, I would not be here right now. Why can she not feel the same for me? Why does she insist on turning away from me when all I want to do is draw her close to me.”

He looked back out the window and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

”Perhaps I have been fooling myself all along at thinking I could give her everything she needed. Perhaps I should let her go so she will not feel the need to keep things from me.”

He couldn’t say anything for a long moment and he swallowed several times to regain his composure.

”I do not know what I am to do now.”

He turned to face Kali fully now.

”What does one do when the woman they love feels as though her past life is so much of a burden for you she cannot look to you for help?”

Rayann could see her friend struggling with all of this and she shook her head.

”Don’t think so little of Aeolis to think he would find you less desirable because of this. Perhaps you will find he is content to just have you to himself. But I urge you, my friend, look to him for support. He loves you so much I know he will do what ever it is he needs to do to make sure you don’t go through this alone.”

When Rayann saw the way Ceri buried her emotions, she furrowed her brows and shook her head. Standing, she gathered Shaer in her arms and walked over to where Ceri stood.

”Endured, yes, but not alone, Ceri. Just promise me you’ll take all I’ve said into consideration. There has to be an explanation for all of this. Even the Gods don’t make moves without reasons for doing so.”

Smoothing out her own robes, she looked at Ceri once more and shook her head but said no more, Her friend was obviously going to do this her own way despite what anyone could tell her and that saddened Rayann. She hoped and prayed Ceri would at least think about the things they talked about and she hoped and prayed even more Ceri would look to Aeolis for the emotional support she was going to need.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Aeolis was fuming, Kali could see it, and she didn’t say a word as he stalked around the room. She had to admit, it was very attractive to see his raw emotions, the way he stalked around like a wild cat looking for anything to pounce on. She waited until he calmed down however, and never did she think of crossing that line of acting on observing him, it was little more than that in the end, but she could certainly see clearly what it was that Ceridwyn found so appealing.

Finally he face her and spoke, his voice was thicker than she had ever heard it, and she simply watched him, her face remaining attentive and focused. After he finished Kali took in a deep breath and walked over to him. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly, he stiffened not understanding at first and just stood there. She squeezed tighter and said nothing, just breathing and holding him. After a long while she finally whispered, “Aeolis, put your arms around me… do it, it’s ok.”

He slowly brought his arms up and she could feel he didn’t understand. However, he did comply and she nodded slowly as he did so, “There, now hold me, don’t hesitate, allow yourself to press yourself into me…” He shoved himself back and looked at her, “What is this about Kali??”

Kali looked at him and spoke, “You need to feel something else besides this anger, because let me tell you something, you are being a complete idiot right now.” His look and recoil showed his fury and he looked around the room. Kali tilted her head to the side and he glared at her and then headed for the door, “Rorshetika Yulisnada Forstius.”

The door sparkled and shimmered as Aeolis went to grab the knob, and then jumped three feet from him. He walked towards it but every time he did it moved away from him, or he moved back from it… it was hard to tell and after a couple attempts he turned and looked at Kali, there was anger in his eyes, “ENOUGH!”

“Exactly Aeolis, enough,” He took at step towards her and she pointed at him, “Look at yourself! What are you going to do, smash my head in? Are you going to resort to primal instincts and violence because you are so hurt? Do you have ANY idea what Ceridwyn is going through or did you hear a snippet of a conversation and base your entire argument on that and that alone? I head what happened at the stockade, I know the history of what the woman has been through and you know what? You have NO right to judge her for what she is going through right now!”

She stepped up to him and now it was her face that was red with anger and aggression. She came so fast and her finger was up in his face with such intensity that he actually recoiled slightly as she got close, “I am going to share something with you and gods help me for doing it because it is REALLY not my place to do so, but Ceridwyn has a past, and it is a past that she has not shared with you for many reasons but I am going to tell you something that might open those almond shaped eyes of yours. Ceridwyn had something stolen from her that almost NO woman would have recovered from, Fifth stole her child from her, she was pregnant the day Sir Thomas was killed, by the hand of Fifth the man she loved was destroyed before her eyes, and then he sucked the life from her very womb and withered the son she carried. So if big old self righteous Aeolis is about to make some proclamation about how she has not given herself to you fully I want you to really think about WHY she might not have said anything. There are some things that hurt so bad it take more than 6 months of loving and trusting someone to let it out.”

She stepped back and suddenly became much less aggressive, “Now listen to me, if you go at her with this attitude of poor old Aeolis you are only going to drive a wedge between you and her. Take it from someone who made that mistake Aeolis, from someone you know and trust that also acted like an idiot towards a person she loved.” She looked him dead in the face, and he would know immediately she was talking about her and Nol.

“Now I want you to think about what you heard, and how much of it you actually heard and how much you built in before and after it in your own mind because I know for a fact that you were not out of the War Room long enough to hear more than a minute or two of her conversation, and on top of that the fact that you were eavesdropping on a conversation between my mother and Ceridwyn is also pretty pathetic.”

She walked up to him and looked at him softly once again, “Now. Aeolis, my dear friend, and the boyfriend of my other very dear friend, hug me, and allow yourself the chance to calm down and feel something other than anger. I had to have two women chant a six hour spell into my mind to find peace, I am hoping you can find balance and calm in just the hug from a friend.”

She slipped her arms around his waist and pulled herself into him, hugging him tightly and waiting for his response.

Ceridwyn could see the look on Rayann’s face and she walked over to her friend, “Perhaps I am not communicating clearly, I will talk to Aeolis, I will tell him everything, yes everything. However the time for that is not right now. We have people on the brink of starvation out there in the blizzard and three towers of destruction looming on the horizon. I need to focus and help you and Kali prepare, and the time to deal with my own personal issues and ghosts will come when the time is right.”

She leaned forward and kissed Rayann softly on her cheek and then hugged her, “Thank you for coming and seeing me, it means more than my words can tell. I hear you loud and clear, and I know I am not alone dear friend.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 am

Aeolis had never been so mad in all his life as he was right now in this room with Kali. If he thought there was some way he could have choked the life out of her, he most likely would have tried. When she started talking to him, his anger grew even more and he was about to interrupt her when she was in his face faster than he’d ever seen anyone move. At first, he wanted to lunge at her and make her realize that no matter how powerful she was, he was willing to risk her retaliation of his physical attack, but as she explained everything that happened to Ceri, it all began to sink in and he slowly began to calm.

When she was done and she hugged him once more, he stiffened like before but he did slowly wrap his arms around her. It wasn’t a true hug as she would expect from most people but it was more than he gave her the last time. His voice was quiet when he spoke.

”All I want, Kali, is to be able to help her as she has helped me. There is nothing from her past that could ever change the way I feel for her and nothing we cannot work through together. She has carried this hurt inside of her too long.”

He sighed softly and rested his chin on the top of her head.

”She is my life mate, of that there is no doubt. I only pray to the Gods she will see me as that someday.”

He felt himself calming as he stood with Kali in her room and he let the silence slip around them in a comfortable cocoon. Finally he spoke again.

”I believe we should return to the War Room or tongues will be wagging as to our sudden departure. These human Knights are already spreading tales through the ranks, we do not need to give them any more reasons to spread more tales. Not that I mind the break.”

When she lifted her head to look at him, she would see the slightest grin on his face before he stepped back away from her. He reached out and gently pushed an errant strand of hair from her brow as his smile grew slightly.

”Thank you. I owe you.”

Rayann smiled softly at her friend and hugged her tightly. Ceridwyn was as close to a sister as she would ever have and to see her friend hurting like this was almost more than Rayann could take. Nodding, she took Ceri’s hand in her own.

”I understand, Ceri. If ever there was a bad time for this to happen to you, it’s now. Not that any time would be good. But, as I said, there’s a reason why it has and as difficult as it is for you to handle, I can’t help but think the timing isn’t coincidental. The Gods have strange ways about them and sometimes we merely have t play along in their games to see where we all end up. Only right now, the game has some very high stakes and I pray we all make it out of this alive.”

With a nod, Rayann looked at Ceri again.

”Come. Let’s see what sort of mess the men have made of our well laid plans.”

The world around them blurred and when things cleared, they were in the War Room once more. Several of the gathered Knights startled at their sudden appearance and Rayann apologized softly to them.

”Sorry, gentlemen. But we wanted to return as quickly as possible. Eventually you get used to that sort of thing. Just ask my husband”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:04 am

Kali felt him finally hug her, and though it was still somewhat stiff he was getting the point. When he finally started speaking about Ceridwyn she listened and then responded, “Let me tell you something Aeolis, you don’t owe her for what she did for you, she did it because deep down inside her, despite her extreme displeasure with the ways of the high elves, she loves her people dearly. I have seen the two of you as your relationship has changed from kin, to comrades, to friends and ultimately lovers. I suspect that if you were to just flat out ask her if she saw YOU as HER lifemate you might be surprised at the answer, and I mean surprised in a good way.”

She released their embrace and smiled as she reached over and touched his face gently, “You are a good man Aeolis, she is lucky to have you, but more importantly, she realizes that she is lucky to have you.” He looked at her with a slight expression of surprise that she was saying all this and she smiled as she responded, “We are women Aeolis, we discuss our men when they aren’t around.”

With a wink she nodded and spoke, “You are right, though I don’t give two bits what smelly Knights think of me there are appearances we need to maintain. I will send you first and I will be there in a few minutes.”

She reached towards him and whispered, “Hold onto your stomach Elf.” He was instantly teleported just outside the War Room. As Aeolis entered the assembled were still talking and discussing plans in small groups. Bad Rock and Myth were pouring over the structure of the tower and Myth was sketching out troop formations with a large and small circle, something Aeolis would most likely see was a representation of Bad Rock and Pela. Trystan was talking to Rose and nodded as he turned to go to the side of the crowd. He leaned over a table and was pouring over a map when he suddenly began to fade from view. The look of shock and horror on his face was obvious but as he tried to speak there was no sound and no one seemed to notice that he had vanished.

Ceridwyn was in the room looking around, trying to get her bearings and see where she could fit herself in when Aeolis walked in through the main door. She touched Rayann’s arm and whispered, “My Prince arrives to the ball.” With a wink she turned and looked at Aeolis, her eyes shimmering with love. Walking to him she noted the slightly odd expression on his face and she whispered in their native language, “Your face looks different, as if you are seeing me with new eyes… what is it mel’amin?”

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Sirtrystan

Trystan left Commander Rose and walked over to the map table where various maps drawn and brought back by different reconnaissance missions laid in semi sorted piles. The moment his hands hit the table he felt like his guts were being pulled from his body and then the rest was following. He turned and looked, seeing Aeolis and immediately tried to talk but nothing came from his mouth.

Suddenly he was standing in Kali’s room. She was finishing her spell and opened her eyes to look at him. Her smile was bright and warm and she walked over, hugging him tightly. Trystan felt his feet under him and accepted her embrace, holding her tightly. He whispered, “Am I ever going to get used to this sort of thing? Being transported to places unknown at the whim of my love?” Kail chuckled softly and whispered back, “Ask my father.”

He laughed and squeezed her tightly. She leaned back and looked up into his eyes, he returned her gaze and saw that something different lingered in her stare. Taken aback slightly he spoke, his voice laced with confusion, “What? What is it?”

She shoke her head and smiled, “Nothing… just, I never knew I would fall in love with a Knight of Solamnia, especially one as annoying as you.” His eyes went wide and he spoke, “Love? You love me?”

She nodded and spoke, “More than I ever felt I could love another.”

Trystan had seen her leave with Aeolis, and though he didn’t know why he never questioned it. Aeolis was a friend of the family, he knew that and he trusted all of them implicitly. In fact he had protested slightly the need for escorts but ultimately the protocols of their being in the Keep prevailed. As he looked down into her smiling, loving gaze he made a mental note to thank Aeolis next time he saw him for whatever he said to Kali.

“Well my feisty little red robe wizard, might I say that I love you too.”

Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:17 am

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Saulfa19

As Kellian rose from her seat, Saul stood with what appeared to be one fluid motion. He brought the palms of his hand together ar his chest and bowed slightly. " I thank you, may the leaves of the tree of your life never turn brown noble Knight." he said quietly.
Saul watched he leave and then knelt back down, sitting on his heels, placed the palms of his hands on his thighs and closed his eyes in meditation.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:54 am

Aeolis returned to the War Room and immediately his eyes swarmed the faces and zeroed in on Ceri. As he made his way towards her, he saw Trystan look up and start to say something only to vanish with a look of complete horror on his face. Aeolis couldn’t help but chuckle softly knowing the poor Knight had met his match in the magi he had fallen in love with. As Aeolis reached Ceri and heard her words, he smiled slightly and shook his head just enough for her to see it and responded in Elven as well.

”It is a new day, mel’amin. My love for you blossoms like the day lily in the valley when the sun kisses the delicate petals.”

He took her hand in his and smiled then turned his attention to the maps and discussion around them. He would talk to Ceri later buit right now, they were needed for planning an assault on an enemy that would most likely result in many casualties for the Knights and quite possibly themselves as well.

Pela listened intently on the plans that were being laid out for the assault on the towers. But as with all teenagers, her attention span was shrinking with each passing hour. She began to get fidgety, which was never a good thing, and finally, as she started seeing people come and go she decided it was time for her to talk a walk among the Keep again.

Only, her walk was never a leisurely stroll. Eying the door, she started noticing a pattern and glancing around, she saw Bad Rock’s attention was focused on the plan he and Myth were talking out. Moving to the wall, she slowly but steadily began to make her way closer to the door. Finally, as she reached the door, she waited for just the right opportunity and when the door was opened, she ducked out on the heels of a Squire that had brought a note to one of the higher ranking Knights in the room.

Hearing heavy footsteps and voices, she knew she had to hurry and hide so she quickly ducked behind a heavy curtain near a window and waited for the sounds to fade as they passed by and moved down the hall. Peeking out of the curtain, she glanced around and quickly darted down the hall way again.

The game was afoot once more and Pela was enjoying herself immensely. Hiding behind curtains, ducking behind doors, under tables and even making herself look like a statue in plain sight were some of her tactics. Finally she reached the entrance of the Keep and here was where the challenge would be. Many soldiers, Knights and others moved about here and there and she knew she would have trouble slipping past them.

Unless…..

She followed what she knew to be a Squire back to a room and to her surprise and luck, it just happened to be the girls dorm room. Pela thought she had hit the jackpot. Waiting in the shadows for the girl to leave once more, Pela quickly slipped into the room before the door closed and locked it from the inside. Quickly looking around, she made her decision and grinned.

When Pela emerged from the room, she was dressed in a pair of light brown leggings, a bright blue tunic and brown boots. Squaring her shoulders, she walked through the Keep and passed many people. When ever she came across a Knight, she would always salute as she had seen the other Squires do. From there, it was all too easy.

When she reached the entrance, she walked out like all the others but she was stopped by one of the guards.

“You’re going out in this weather without a cloak?”

Pela glanced outside then back to the guard then outside again. Giving him a sweet smile, she nodded.

”I will be alright. I am just going over there and will not be out in the weather long. Thank you for your concern though.”

As she talked she walked to the entrance. With her last words, she stepped outside into the blowing cold and turned to hurry off when she slammed right into a wall of a body. Startling, she almost cast an air blast spell when she stopped herself and looked up when strong hands grabbed her upper arms. She was looking into the angry glare of Sir Walter.

“Watch where you’re going, silly girl. And where’s your cloak?”

Pela quickly took a step back and side stepped the man.

”I will be fine.”

Quickly turning and hurrying off, she didn’t want the man to realize who she was for he was already looking at her suspiciously.

Sir Walter had seen that face somewhere before but something was different about the girl. Where exactly had he seen her before? Glancing back in the direction of the girl, he saw her glance back at him as well before she disappeared in a flurry of snow and wind.

Walter started walking back into the Keep when he stopped and turned to look back in the direction of the girl again but saw nothing. Grumbling, he quickened his pace and entered the Keep.

“Who was that squire?”

One of the guards shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know.”

Sir Walter felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise and he made his way further into the Keep. He had a bad feeling where he knew that face from and he was going to find out.

Pela saw the way the man turned to look at her and knew she had precious few seconds to escape. She dashed through the knee deep snow as quickly as she could. She would have given anything to be able to stop and play in it for a while but now wasn’t the time. Still, she had as much fun as she could given the fact she was in the courtyard of a Keep surrounded by Knights and other people who gave her odd looks from time to time when they spotted her moving around with no cloak.

Her hide and seek game brought her to a building and she paused when she looked at it. There was no mistaking what this building was and she grinned as she knew who was housed within. As before, she waited for just the right time to slip inside and when one of the guards came out, she slid in easily before the door closed and ducked behind another door to see if the way was clear.

There were a few guards standing about getting warm near a fireplace on the far wall but other than that, the place was almost empty. Keeping an eye on the guards, she slinked her way past them to the other side of the room and saw a door . Glancing back at the guards, she tried the door but found it was lcoked tight. Furrowing her brows, she placed her hand on the locking mechanism and glanced at the guards as the lock was turned into brittle ice. With a careful shove, the lock shattered inside and allowed entrance for her. Pela then carefully eased the door open just enough to slither her body through it and closed it as quietly as she could. Stairs lit by torches led down into the bowels of the building.

Easing down the steps as quietly as she could in the boots she wore, she stood at the beginning of the a number of barred cells and looked down the corridor. Slowly starting to make her way down the narrow corridor, she glanced in each of the cells to see they were empty. It wasn’t until she got to almost the end she saw the young man sitting with his eyes closed. Grinning more, she spoke softly.

”Well now….I see you have wonderful accommodations. Not as good as mi ne, but you cannot complain. Oh….unless you do not like the bars surrounding you.”

Sir Walter had done a thorough search with some others looking for the ice witch when he ended up at the War Room. He stormed in and looked around. All eyes turned to him and all conversation ceased. It was obvious he was looking for someone. Finally Aeolis quirked a brow and spoke up.

”Is there something you need, Sir Walter?”

Sir Walter looked at the Elf then panned his gaze to Bad Rock.

“Where is she?”

Bad Rock looked at the man.

“Where is who?”

Sir Walter was growing angry.

“Don’t play games. That witch you call your daughter. She’s disguised herself to look like one of the Squires and is running rampant through the place. What sort of sabotage does she have planned?”

Aeolis furrowed his brows and looked around like all the others were now and felt his stomach drop to his knees. Pela was out, alone, in a Keep full of Solamnic Knights. This was not going to bode well. And tracking her in this sort of snow would be next to impossible.

”I suggest we not sling accusations without proof, Sir Walter. We will find her.”

Sir Walter glared at the Elf.

“Good luck with that, Elf. I’ve already had men searching every inch of the Keep and so far, they’ve come up empty. Unless you might know where she’s heading.”

The barely veiled accusation didn’t sit well with Aeolis and he glared right back.

”No. I do not. But if you know she was dressed as a Squire, why did you not stop her when you saw her?”

Sir Walter grew red faced and barely controlled his anger.

“Because I didn’t realize it was her at the time.”

Finally Rayann spoke up and it was clear she was quite tired and in no mood for these sorts of games.

”Then instead of standing here throwing accusations around the room, why don’t we see if we can find the girl? Obviously she grew bored in here with all of us and has sought her own amusement.”

She looked to Bad Rock then.

”Bad Rock, will Pela do anything if she is not threatened?”
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:43 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Saulfa21

Saul remained sitting stone still on his heels, with his hands resting lightly upon his thighs, as his ears hurd the soft praddle of booted feel upon the stones. His breathing steady and relaxed he soon heard the voice of a young girl. The same young voice he had heard in the stable. Having heard only one set of boots, he could only surmize that the young girl had somehow snuck into the cell block. After all even the Knights and Lady Kellian and Lady Ceridwyn had been escorted into the cell block. The question in his mind was how ....... How had she so stealthely evaded the guards and defeated the locked cell block door .... wait she was a witch and he remembered the blast of cold air that she had conjured on their last meeting. Without opening eyes, Saul said quietly. "These accomadations are warmer than the stable would have been. If not as hospitable. ........ You may well discover what it is like to live in a cage with bars if you do not stay your unauthorized wanderings." Saul then slowly opened his eyes and looked coldly at the young girl.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Pela shrugged her shoulders.

”I do not care for stuffy places like the inside of that building. Besides, all those Knights look at me like I am some sort of two headed troll. I would much rather be out in the wide open and moving around at my own free will. This whole idea of insisting on guards to walk me where ever I go is ridiculous.”

She tilted her head slightly as she studied him closely with her icy blue eyes.

”You are not from around these parts, are you? Where did you come from? You are not some sort of mercenary working for the Dark Queen are you? If you are, I have to say your tactics leave much to be desired. Unless it was your intent to get captured all along. In that case, you have excelled at your mission.”

She walked to the far left of his cell then to the far right and let her fingers ease along the bars as she walked. Once more she stood directly in front of him and rested her hands on the bars casually.

”What do they call you? Besides locked up, that is.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:17 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Ladyrose2

As the war council drew on Rose had found herself growing weary of things herself and managed to stifle a yawn on a couple of occasions. She was commiting to memory every necessary detail. At some point one of her guards had retrieved her a cup of tea and she was quietly sipping it when Sir Walter barged into the room. Her brow furrowed as he looked angrily about the room. When he started in with his conspiracy theories she was about to speak before others spoke for her.

Gritting her teeth lightly she bided her time waiting for a moment. When Rayann leveled her question to Bad Rock she spoke up as she sipped her tea. "Do not worry about where the young girl is or what she may be up to."

She felt all eyes turning towards her as she smiled setting her tea down. "I have eyes upon her. The moment she left this room she was being followed and observed."

Sir Walter looked at Rose "I never saw..." he was cut off "And you never will being as observant as you are Sir Walter." Rose's gaze was cold and hard "You barge into an important meeting in a manner that violates all protocol, speaking in a manner unbefitting of a knight, and flinging acusations. I suggest you spend time worrying about yourself more than the where abouts of our guest." her smile softened as well as her voice "You will now excuse yourself from these proceedings." Walter went to speak "NOW!" Walter's face was turning bright red but he did not argue the point he only saluted and exited the room.

Rose sighed and looked to Bad Rock "I understand that your daughter is young but she needs to learn she can not run rampant through a military facility doing what ever she feels like. I ask that you explain this to her. I would prefer not to place guests we have invited in the stockades. My men are understandably worried be her presence and actions already. I will take actions to avoid having any incidents but I can only do so much to defuse things." Roses tone was firm but compassionate. She was making a reasonable statement and not a threat.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Saulfa22

Saul remained seated, watching the girl move back a forth then stop in front of him. "I am no mercenary and my only desire to meet the Dark Queen, would be to send her and her minions to the abyss. .......... I am known as Saul. ............ Regarding my mission here ......... that is my affair." he said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Saulfa22

Saul sat quietly for a moment, studying the girl again, he was contemplating how much to reveal to her. Remembering her action of the night before along with the consciquences he now suffered fo not thinking a matter through before acting. I was true he thought how strangely the fates and the Gods worked. I all probablility the knowledge of were he came from was known by now ....... however he was not going to take that chance a general direction should suffice to satisfy this youngsters couriosity. Beside he was growing weary of all these questions and hunger began to fill his mind. It had been nearly an entire day since he had eaten and that had been cold rabbit. "I come from the wilds to the south." he said, then once again closed his eyes and began to breath deeply, centering his being and concentraiting of an image that only his own mind could see. His breathing settled and he became at peace, yet his senses remained sharp and aware.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:57 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 BadrockBanner

As Sir Walter came in and started questioning everyone Bad Rock looked at Myth quizzically and simply watched, when the man came towards him and started flinging mud he narrowed his eyes on the man, “Aeolis called you Walter, so I assume that is your name. Let me tell you something Walter, if you ever lay an insult on my daughter again or in some way go about with your mudslinging I will personally turn your head into a crimson stain.” He leaned forward and his voice became so ferocious that everyone in the room recoiled, “Do I make myself clear?”

Sir Walter did his best to maintain his composure but was visibly shaken by the creatures wild eyed stare, if that wasn’t enough Bad Rock added, “Unless of course my threat is an affront to your honor and you wish to challenge me to a duel right here, right now?” Walter stared at him but remained silent, “Then I have made myself clear, I don’t care how much you are paying me, you insult my daughter again and I will bury the money in your grave.”

Bad Rock turned and looked at Rayann as she addressed him, instantly his face and voice softened and he responded, “My Pela is a free spirit, and is… unpredictable. If she is not threatened she is more likely to make mischief than anything else, but if she gets backed into a corner I guarantee we will find her really quickly.” His face said it all, she would tear down the walls before allowing herself to be harmed.

Bad Rock turned and looked at Sir Walter again just as Rose was walking up behind him. He watched the exchange between the two with amusement as she ‘excused’ him. He shifted his gaze to the Commander, “My apologies for my brutish behavior towards your Knight here Ma’am, but when it comes to my Pela, no amount of gold will suffice in her being affronted, either physically, or with words. I also would like to formally apologize for my daughter’s disappearance. You have to understand that she has never been cooped up in any fashion, I have raised her to enjoy the freedoms that life can offer. I do understand you however, and to your point I will make sure she understands the rules of your Keep.”

With a nod he walked out the door, his staff thudding on the floor with every other step.

Ceridwyn turned to Aeolis after Bad Rock exited. She smiled softly to him and spoke in missive as he glanced back at her, ~ “I want you to come with me, what I need to tell you can’t wait any longer. The rest of them can handle the matters here, besides we have all been at it all day, I can only assume they are going to break for dinner soon and retire for the evening.” ~

She turned to the brother’s who were her escorts. They were leaning casually against the wall near the door and stood more upright as she approached. With a smile she spoke, “Gentlemen, we are going to our room. I am about to fade from sight but rest assured that is where Aeolis and I will be. I will meet you there.”

The eldest smiled and nodded, “Very well Miss Ceridwyn.”

She turned and looked at Aeolis, extending her hand. He would be able to see the slight glow coming from her palm and knew what was going to happen the moment he touched it.

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Sirtrystan

Kali laid beside Trystan. After their exchange of words they had laid on her bed and talked a long time, exchanging conversation and gazing into one another eyes. He reached across and laid his hand on her stomach and was rubbing the velvety fabric of her robes when his hand began to wander slightly. She glanced at him and whispered, “I am still a maid Sir Trystan, watch the roaming of those hands.”

He blushed as red as her robes and simply snorted a laugh. She narrowed a playful glance at him and spoke, “Yeah… I know what you are about mister. Honor my ass!”

He recoiled slightly at her words and she shoke her head, “That’s right, I have affronted your honor and now you must challenge me to a duel!”

He laughed and leaned in whispering between kisses on her neck, “What’s it to be then… Swords…. Knives…. Pistols… or perhaps bare fists?”

She cooed softly as she felt his lips pressing against her neck and responded, “I was thinking of just turning you into a miniature stone statue of yourself and then I can tuck you into my robes and be done with it.”

He laughed, “Oh were you now?”

She laughed and responded, “Sure, then I can find a man without pawing hands.”

“Oh you are sure to find THAT around here. Bunch of men cooped up in a Keep for god’s knows how long… yeah, none of them will paw at you if given half a chance.”

She laughed and slapped him on the chest. “Take me to get some food my Knight, your fair maiden is hungry.”

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Larissa

Larissa had shed her usual attire and had opted instead to dress in the attire of a knight. It was a rare occurence for her to dress as such but her current assignment dictated the need to blend in. Being the Lady Roses hand maiden gave her the ability to dress casually and move about the keep with ease being able to hide her duties behind the line of "I'm on an errand for Lady Rose". Her current assignment called for a bit more blending and so she had to dig out her leathers.

She had taken her place outside the war room and remained there. Her orders were simple, observe the activities of the young sorceres and report them to Rose. She was not to interfere unless the situation absolutely required. She struck up conversation with squires that recognized her and it helped pass the time as she sat outside waiting. After hours of waiting Pela slinked out of the war room and Larissa sighed shaking her head. Just as the she had suspected the look of boredom was evident. A young girl testing her boundries in the worst possible way. This girl liked her freedom but she wasn't going to keep it at this rate if she kept this up.

Larissa Kept her distance always keeping the girl within sight but never far enough to lose her.When Pela slipped into the woman's dorm she simply waited almost guessing what the girl was up to, and sure enough she emerged in sqire's leathers. The fact she chose not to wear a cloak given the weather made Larissa shake her head. It would only be a matter of time before someone recognized her. Still she followed and when Pela rammed into Walter Larissa sighed thinking the jig was up. To her surprise Peal kept going and Walter had the most dumbfounded look on his face. This was as fortuitous as it was bad. Larissa could see the gears moving as she approached Walter. She blinked when he stopped her not looking directly at her asking his question. She smiled and responded "I don't know."

She quickly excused herself hot on Pela's trail again. When it became obvious the girl was heading to the prison Larissa quirked a brow but followed. She couldn't fault anyone for letting the girl past. She was quite sneaky and when confronted she managed to remain calm. Larissa herself nodded to the guards who saw and recognized her as she followed signaling for silence. She didn't want unecessary chatter as she entered the prison hot on Pela's heels.

She found herself stopped however by a squire who looked lost. Managing not to sigh in frustration she smiled. "Well right now you are in the stockades. You want to head out and to the right. Look for the banner of the crown atop the third structure and you will be were you want to go." The young man bowed and she left him quickly. A quick look around and she caught sight of something amiss. There was frost melting away on a lock. "Not bad... a little easy to spot for a traind eye but not bad."

Looking through the window of the cell she could se Pela down near the end. She was apparently talking to their new guest. Larissa remembered looking over the report of his capture. Unfortunately the cell was at the end of the corridor and by design there were no obvious alcoves for her to hide behind. She cursed lightly in elven and looked in the window again. "Hope she keeps her visit short..."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Pela laughed softly. It wasn’t a harsh sound, in fact, it was quite lilting and there was actual humor in her eyes and words when she spoke.

”Oh my…..you really DO have high aspirations. Taking on the Dark Queen. Might I ask just how you plan on doing that?”

When the young man simply sat with his eyes closed, Pela’s smile faded slightly. If she wanted to be bored, she would have stayed where she was. What she needed was conversation that didn’t involve towers, attacks and fighting. She was quite capable of handling herself so she didn’t see what the big deal about hashing it all over and over again was about. Finally she sat down on the floor across from him, studying him silently before she spoke quietly.

”She lives in a dark castle filled with all sorts of creatures and people coming and going at all hours of the day and night. It smells there. And you always feel as though you are being watched, even when you can see no one there. It is constantly night there and while I like the nighttime, I love the sun as well. Well, when it is not making me hot. But to live in constant darkness is, well, unnatural.”

He still didn’t acknowledge her.

”What is it like in the wilds of the south? Do you have seasons there like we do here? Do your winters get cold and does it snow? How much snow do you get? I bet it is nothing like this. I cannot remember ever seeing snow quite like this. But I do love it. The snow dances and rushes past you on the wind and it is like watching a beautiful dancer perform just for you.”

Still he remained silent. Finally she stood up and furrowed her brow, stomping her foot.

”You are not being a very good conversationalist. I came here to talk to you the least you could do is talk to me as well. I grew bored to tears in that silly room with all of those Knights stuffing themselves in like beans in a jar.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:17 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 BadrockBanner

He trudged through the snow and followed his instinct, as well as asked a few guards that were still on duty huddled in the corners of buildings. After 45 minutes or so he managed to track her to the penitentiary. He shoved the door open and ducked so he could step through. The four guards on duty inside immediately turned and backed up slightly at his presence, “Is my daughter here?”

They looked at him quizzically and instinctually shoke their heads, but then one stepped up, “Umm.. sir. One of our own did go down to the cells, she had me stay quiet about it, I don’t know what it was about but she hasn’t come back up yet.”

Bad Rock turned and looked at the heavy wooden door that went down to the cells. He glanced back at the man and nodded a thanks. He walked over and looked at the door latch, it was broken and slightly moist, he grit his teeth and thought to himself, “Oh Pela…”

He came down the stairs, his massive feet thudding as he pressed himself through the narrow passage. He could hear shuffling below and as his feet appeared Pela would know it was him, and that there was nowhere to go. He came into the damp row of cells and stared at her down at the very end of the passage, never noticing Larissa pressed up against the wall beside the stairs in the shadow beside him. He never even caught wind of her, he was too focused on Pela.

His voice came through his anger, she would hear it and immediately recognize it. “Pela, here. Now.” He pointed to the spot right in front of his feet.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Rayann held her breath as the tension grew in the room. Pela had broken a cardinal rule with the Knights and now everyone was trying hard to keep the situation from becoming more volatile than it already was. She knew bringing Bad Rock and Pela here would be challenging, but she didn’t realize Pela would be so difficult to keep in line. Then again, considering Bad Rock had the girl since she was an infant, Rayann figured she was doing the best she could.

”If the Commander has her under observation, I’m sure things won’t get that far, Bad Rock. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to call on me. Daughters can be very difficult to get through to at times.”

Seeing the look the creature gave her, she offered him a small smile then turned to Myth and sighed.

”I suppose it’s time, mel’amin. After we have dinner, I’ll let Kali know we’re sending Shaer to be with his grandparents. Come….let’s get something to eat and enjoy our dinner.”

Aeolis looked down at Ceri as he heard her missive. He hoped the conversation would be in regards to what happened earlier. He glanced around at the others departing and he looked back at her glowing hand. Without further hesitation, he took her hand and felt the world around them melt away.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:36 pm

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Saulfa23

Saul opened his eyes and looked at the girl, was about to speak when he heard the sound of heavy footfalls then the loud authoratative voice of Bad Rock, thunder down the corridor. "It appears the answer to your questions regading my homeland will have to wait for another time. ....... The Gods willing I will be able to answer them." ...... Saul then closed his eyes and resumed his meditation.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15: Winter Wonder Heartlund   15: Winter Wonder Heartlund - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15: Winter Wonder Heartlund
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next