Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

4. INTO THE NORTH

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:40 am

4. INTO THE NORTH New_im10

After Ssinjin and Lac had eaten, they both rose and walked out of the kitchen together. Entering the Great Hall they approached a raised dias where King Theoden 4. INTO THE NORTH Lotr3_10 , Hamma 4. INTO THE NORTH Hamado10 , Gammling 4. INTO THE NORTH Gamlin10 Sajirjirmr 4. INTO THE NORTH Eomer10 and Joneff4. INTO THE NORTH Elfhel10 sat at a long table in front of the flag of Rohan 4. INTO THE NORTH 250px-10.

Lac and Ssinjin bowed respectfully and Lac spoke. "My Lord Theoden our party shall leave for the north at dawn. If you would be so kind and to grant us to take with us a few supplies from your lands to start us on our way, we would be forever grateful."
King Theoden rose and said "Lord Lac'nala take what you need and given to you freely. It is the least we can do for all you and your companions have given us. In a month's time we shall have healed our wounded and gathered more forces and will follow you. This evil that has crossed our lands threatens all free folk and those that love freedom."

Skajrimir then rose and bowed to the King. "My Lord Theoden with your permission and blessing, I shall join Lord Lac'nala now, if he does not object."
Joneff rose and said "I too join now, M'Lord."
"And I as well." said Sighere 4. INTO THE NORTH Sighere_sabertson from the back of the hall

Lac smiled and bowed his head respectfully. "We will be honored to have your companionship. I think I can speak for the rest of our band and say thank you. No with your leave we must prepare to leave." Lac bowed, turned and walked with Ssinjin out of the great hall.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 am

4. INTO THE NORTH Newjin

Jin stood proudly before the King of these great lands. Her gaze settled on Theoden’s before she let it drift to the others gathered with the King. These brave warriors had seen a great deal of war already and yet they now wished to continue on with the rag tag group and see even more. The slightest of smiles eased over her features as she thought of this. They were either fools in search of a hero’s tale or they lived for the thrill of the fight as much as she did. Either way, she would be glad to have them traveling with the group. Which was a stark contrast to the way she used to tink when they first started out.

With Theoden’s blessing to take what ever they needed for travel, jin turned with Lac and walked from the great hall. When they wre outside ahe glanced over her shoulder then leaned closer to speak softly to Lac.

”I feel better nowing these Rohirrim ride with us now, Ranger. I have a feeling we will need all the help we can get to reach it to the lands of your ancestor’s in one piece.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:07 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Briann12Brianna sat quietly, eating her breakfast, savoring the perfectly cooked bacon, eggs and fresh bread. Every so often, her eyes would look to Augustine then fall back to her plate. She raised her head to watch Lac and Jinn head for the Great Hall where King Theoden and his men sat. She herself wanted to speak to the king, but was nervous in doing so. After all, she was the Dark Rohirrim and wasn't entirely sure on how she would be received.

But, if she wanted a chance to take Raelayeg with her, she would have to speak to King Theoden, but first she should seek out Sighere for Raelayeg's rider was none other than Ceowulf, Sighere's leader and she did not feel right in asking the king before Sighere about this matter.

"Excuse me, Augustine, but I must find Sighere and speak with him about a great black horse. If you wish to join me, please feel free to do so."

She rose and went in search of the blond warrior, finding him walking down the stairs from one of the rooms above. She made her way to him, stopping him.

"Sighere, if I might have a word with you, please. First off, please accept my apologies for my rudeness the evening before. I was still somewhat battle crazed I fear and looking for problems where there are none. Please forgive my thoughtlessness. Second, I would speak to you about Raelayeg. He and I have become close and truth be told I spent most of the night within his stall. Never have I had a connection to a horse as I do him and I would ask you to give me your blessing in Ceowulf's stead to allow Raelayeg to accept me onto his back."

Brianna waited with baited breath, knowing that with one word, Sighere could dash her dreams of having a horse that she was connected with. It was not a connection like what the riders had with their own steeds, but it was a connection that she could not deny. Somehow, her and Raelayeg had developed a bond and it had grown stronger the longer she'd stayed. Now, she couldn't imagine leaving without the great horse and something told her that Raelayeg felt the same about her.

"Brianna, if Raelayeg has chosen you now that my lord is gone, then far be it for me to deny him his choice of riders. If he wishes to leave with us with you on his back, then so be it."

With a blinding smile, Brianna turned and rushed to the Great Hall to speak with King Theoden. Upon entering, she straightened her back and yet kept a respectful look about her as she approached.

"Your majesty.....I am known as Brianna Rodreven and I am honored to be in your presence. I would ask something of you, m'lord. The great steed, Raelayeg....I have developed a bond with him and would ask your permission to take him with me if he will accept me as his new rider. I would be honored to have Ceowulf's steed carry me on our journey if you would permit it."

Again, Brianna waited with baited breath, hoping the king would great her this one thing. Never had she truly had a mount of her very own with which she had a bond with. She was not a true Rohirrim after all and as such had a difficult time with the great horses of Rohan, but Raelayeg was different somehow and she was glad for this. Her dark green eyes lifted ever so slightly to peer at the king as he sat on his raised dais, thinking.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:32 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Sighere_sabertson

Sighere left Brianna to ask for the command of his lord's horse from the king himself. It was her right to make such a request, but hearing her speak the words somehow made the demise of Ceolwulf, in his own mind, final. He had not realized until that moment just how much he held on to the belief that his friend would yet emerge somewhere from the rubble and they would share a good laugh as they done many times before. Standing in the morning light, the warrior had not wanted to face the reality that his lord was truly gone, but he was.

4. INTO THE NORTH Fortress

The great fortress was but a shadow of what it once was but bathed in the morning light it was still a glorious sight to behold. Within its mountain hall the companions would prepare that day for their departure, northward across the great river Anduin and onward through the Brown lands. Beyond there only the ranger knew their course. Would he brave the Wilderland or would they travel the green paths of Mirkwood, and pass through Amon Lanc, the capital of the great Celeborn's realm of East Lorien?

Three new companions had joined the quest, eager to add the swords and draw the blood of Morgoth's agents. Jorneff, Skajrnir and Sighere were among the last of their clan, only four others remained and while they were recovering from their wounds they had chosen to travel back to Edoras. The three Rohirrim had sworn their fealty to their new lord, Lac'Nala the Seeker and their hearts soared with a new sense of purpose far greater than their own lives alone could ever attain.

Skajrnir technically was now the lord of Ironglade. He was Ceolwulf's cousin and next in line should the lord not produce a successor to his title. The handsome warrior accepted the responsibility out of respect for his cousin's memory and how it pained him to know that no son's of the great lord would live on to carry the name.

The day would be spent in preparation for the upcoming journey. Many of the companions yet needed time to heal and the time would not be wasted if it ensured that they could travel as long and hard as they needed during their trek.

The sky was clear and the wind warm, it would be a comfortable day. On the bridge at the mouth of the mountainous channel which enclosed the fortress, the Phaerie bard performed his morning exercises. His movements were deliberately slow as he was tentative of his abdominal wound which yet pained him when he would suddenly flex. One more day of his mystical healing and perhaps the assistance of the Dragoness' magic would completely mend him so he was appreciative of the time before they set out northward.

4. INTO THE NORTH Tiphereth_Sorrelwind
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:52 am

King Theoden4. INTO THE NORTH Lotr3_11 bowed his head slightly towards Briana 4. INTO THE NORTH Briann12 and said "Brianna Rodreven, brave daughter of Rohan, we thank you for your bravery. You have earned our respect and gratitude. Please accept Raelayeg as yours and may he bear you safely upon your journies. Let it be known hence forth that your are a Rider of Rohan."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:51 am

4. INTO THE NORTH Jalisa1

Jalisa took up the role of gathering provisions for the journey ahead. The King had been generous and had given them three horses to use for carrying their things, to which she was grateful. The warriors of Rohan were assessing the damage done, not only to their Keep but the loss of their comrades and relatives as well. The Gorrinvul didn’t go down without a hard fought fight and the evidence of that fight drifted in the air as the ash from Loki’s cleansing fire filled the air and blew away. The smell of burnt wood was quickly leaving as the warm air moved over the keep. It was almost as if the Gods were taking mercy upon the survivors and ridding the area of the reminder of the fallen and the memory of a hideous enemy.

As Tiphereth worked out and stretched his frame a little too much, Jalisa would feel a twinge of pain and clench her jaw, furrowing her brow. She would have a talk with the bard to remind him he wasn’t the only one suffering with this right now. Not that it would do much good, but at least her frustrations would be vented.

The horses that had been given for carrying the supplies were strong backed, sturdy legged and muscular animals. More so than their battle ready cousins. Jalisa nodded her approval at the selection. They would do just fine. Of course they were a bit skittish around her and rightfully so. Even in this disguise they could pick up on the scent of her true nature. Still, she was able to move around them without too much trouble.

As she worked with the warriors who were up and moving about already, she was able to procure food, water, blankets and a few weapons that may come in handy as well. Of course she would be grateful to leave the confines of the Keep. The smell of metal was at times nauseating to her. Thankfully the hilt of the blades she had picked up to defend herself had been wrapped in leather allowing her to handle the weapon without danger. And so far, no one seemed to notice the way she tried to avoid the metal that surrounded her.

Glancing over at Tiphereth she smirked slightly. Well, if anyone would see it, it would be him. But so far he hadn’t made mention nor indicated he knew. As the bard was finishing up his ritualistic routine, she dipped a clean tankard in the water barrel and walked towards the bridge and gave him a rather seductive smile as she handed him the water filled tankard. Her voice was soft as she spoke to him.

”Your workout was……intense, bard. You pushed the limits quite a few times. While I know it’s important for you to regain what was lost, bear in mind, you are not alone in what you feel.”

Giving him a hard look but still smiling, he would see the smile never reached her eyes. At first. Finally she softened a little as she tilted her head to look up at him.

”But on a lighter note, it appears as if what I did last night has helped some. Good. I hate to think my attention to you was a waste of time.”

There was double meaning to all of her words and rightfully so. All around them the Rohirrim moved about. They would glance at the White Warrior and the dark haired woman then share knowing smiles as they passed by helping to start the rebuilding process and clean up what they could.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 am

Pausing to drink some water Tiphereth furrowed his brows when Jalisa made mention that the symbiotic attachment they shared due to the bond of the tokens yet remained. He actually had not considered it, thinking that Verin's will which was imposed over them would have nullified the connection. Pondering her statement with a slight nod, he considered her controlling words for a moment then went on with his morning ritual which he had yet to finish.

The Dragoness' overbearing nature was one that the free spirited Phaerie would have to learn to deal with. He understood it was the way of her kind, just one of the traits he was becoming aware of more everyday. One in particular, though, was her aversion to the metal of Humans. The poisoned element his kind were forbidden to touch was noticeably avoided by the Dragoness, but he did not know why. In his world the Aelaeydium had forbade all from using iron, but only the Phaerie suffered from its touch. He would have to test this more. His knowledge of Dragon-kind was sufficient, but he hardly knew everything. If the edge of iron was more likely to penetrate their scales then this could benefit them in the destruction of Loki.

Not a minute later they were joined by two more of their companions.

"Dawn of the morrow 'tis then?" Asked Tiphereth of the Dwarf and Sighere who had at last reached him. They had been slowly strolling up the road toward him while he slowly performed his fighting movements and had waited to pose his question until they had reached the bridge.

"Aye," Answered Othargren, "and we've two more to our number besides this ragged warrior." he said in jest, thumbing to Sighere.

"Skarjinir and Jorneff." Stated Tiphereth as he continued to slowly parry and thrust his spear as if battling some unseen opponent in slowed motion.

"Correct again, Fey." Noted Sighere with a puzzled expression, "D'ya have the sight as well then?"

Finishing his last movement, Tiphereth gracefully stepped out of his stance and sat upon the edge of the wall facing his two companions. He grinned and shook his head in answer to the Rohirrim's query.

"I just assumed." He explained.

4. INTO THE NORTH Othargren

Othargren moved to the wall of the bridge, placed his hands on his hips and cast his eyes northward.

"I long to see the Red mountains, my home. Roaring fires, roasted meat on the bone and the finest beer ye ever tasted awaits us! There will be great celebration when we set foot in my hall my friends!"

The Dwarf's voice boomed through the morning calm as he imagined his home coming. It had been a long trek indeed for Othargren. He had journeyed half across Middle Earth and now back again, but he had traveled through the mountainous north, avoiding much of the interior. The Dwarves preferred mountain trails to open ground and forest paths.

4. INTO THE NORTH Sighere_sabertson

Sighere observed, Jalisa and the Fey and he like so many others had been fooled by their charade. The guise blinded the warrior to what Brianna suspected. This and the Fey's amiable demeanor put him at ease and made him consider all the more that Dunedain-Rohir indeed had her eye's blurred from the stress of battle.

"Come my friend. Let us spar." Sighere said excitedly.

His sword flashed from its sheath in the golden light and he playfully brandished it before the Fey.

Tiphereth's eyes flicked to Jalisa as he remembered what she had mentioned of their connection but disregarded them.

"Aye. Let us see what you are capable of Rohirrim." Tiphereth confidently replied.

The wooden scabbard that covered the long blade upon, Tiphereth's sword-staff remained so as not risk any serious injury. Nicks and scrapes, however, were apart of sparring but the Phaerie was not about to abandon the opportunity for fear of the Man's iron blade. It's touch would pain him more so and the injury would linger longer but the bard did not fear nor avoid pain.

Othargren leaned against the wall and folded his thick arms across his chest as he settled in to watch the match. His small, quick eyes flashed momentarily to, Jalisa then to Tiphereth and the wise old Dwarf knew then that something was amiss. He could not quite put his finger on it, but the black haired Elfin-like female, whose origin's he could not figure cast a darker shadow than most.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:20 pm

When the Dwarf and Rohirrim joined Jalisa and the Fey, the Dragoness slowly stepped away from Tiphereth. Hearing the conversation between the Dwarf and the bard, she regarded them both through hooded eyelids. The Dwarf was wise and she knew, just by listening to him, he’d been on many an adventure. She’d certainly have to keep him under watch.

When Sighere challenged Tiphereth to spar, the Dragoness shared a look with the bard but even before agreed to it, she knew what his decision would be. She didn’t begrudge him. She would have done the same thing had she been in his position as well. And why not? It would certainly keep him in fine shape (which she admired that shape) and keep his fighting abilities sharp.

Knowing he was going to exert himself again and bring her discomfort, she grumbled under her breath about the fact there really wasn’t much difference between men and boys, she sighed then glanced at the Dwarf as he crossed his arms and prepared to watch the sparring.

”Well, gentlemen, if you will please excuse me, I believe I have some more supplies to gather for us to make the trip.”

Giving Tiphereth a longing look and a slightly seductive smile, she nodded to him and lowered her voice as well.

”I’ll see you later then. Perhaps a repeat of last night will be in order.”

She turned on her heel then and headed back to the main part of the keep to check to make sure there wasn’t anything else she may need to request for the journey.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:02 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Briann12Brianna couldn't have asked for more as she listend to the king's words as they flowed over her. With witnesses who had heard Theoden's statement, it could no longer be disputed that she was Rohirrim. Maybe not in looks or blood, but in heart and right now her heart soared with Theoden's words. She looked up at the king, her dark green eyes dancing with happiness as she bowed her head a heartfelt 'thank you' falling from her lips before she turned and forced herself to walk out of the great hall when all she wanted to do was run to the hidden stables within the mountain to Raelayeg.

Once outside the great hall, she did indeed run and headed straight for the great black horse who whinnied to her as he caught her scent entering his domain. She rushed straight to his stall which he shared with a mild-mannered gelding of golden coat and she patted his nose as well before wrapping her arms around Raelayeg's neck and hugging him to her.

"Please carry me upon your back, my friend, for if you do then we will be a pair...horse and rider."

Standing back, Brianna looked into the dark eyes and saw that he would indeed carry her and her heart soared again. Admist all of the bloodshed, the losing of her adopted parents and her whole village, there was a ray of sunlight and it came in the form of this great black beast who accepted her as no other horse had.....as well as Augustine, which the thought caused her to blush when she thought about him making her favorite flowers appear in her hair. She wanted to find him and tell him the good news and share it with him.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:08 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Monk

Augustine walked to the stables and found Brianna with the great black horse. He was happy to see her smile so wide, there seemed to have been a black cloud hanging over the dark haired woman and now it was lifting.

"A moment to recall for all time to be sure Brianna..." Augustine said smiling himself.

The druid had been outside the great hall when Brianna spoke with the King and he had heard much of the exchange. The woman had served her king and her people well and it stood to reason that she should be rewarded.

"The others are preparing to leave my lady, soon we will head North to land of the half elf prince's people a journey that I look forward to. Can I help with your things or do you have everything you require?"

Augustine watched the smiling woman as she sat on the horse, she seemed to have all that she ever wanted.

"Take your time, I will join the others."
Augustine walked to where Jalisa was gathering supplies, he found the woman walking alone in thought.

"Jalisa, do you have everything you require for the journey? I am unsure of what to take we druids only own the cloaks on our backs and a few trinkets in the pockets of our robes."

Augustine smiled at jalisa caught up a bit in Brianna's good fortune.

"Have you ever been to the lands of Oron-D-Narr? I have never been." The druid said cheerfully.

Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 am

Dawn broke through a grey sky, a light mist fell, as with hoods up and cloaks wrapped around them to ward off the morning's chill and dampness. Lac'nala, Ssinjin, Tiphereth, Jalisa, Sighere, Augustine, Briana, Othargen, Sajrimir, Joneff and the pack animals left the shattered gates and broken ramparts of Helms Deep. A foreboding stillness semed to spread its hand across the land. King Theoden and the Rohirians watched form the ramparts as they crossed the bridge and started northeast across the Westemnet towards The Wold and beyound.

"May the Gods be with them." King Theoden said as he turned to return to the Great Hall. The other Rohirians wemt back to their tasks. King Theoden sat down a a long table strewn with maps as Gamling and Hamma entered the hall. They along with Theoden, Lac and Ssinjin had been up most of the night in council and planning.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:39 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH 2830750279_a2016f8c90
The day had come and gone in a matter of moments it seemed, and not before long a new dawn was on the horizon, beckoning the companions to race her to the other side. They were all up for the challenge, but none more than the ranger who was already checking his saddle straps when the earliest riser walked into the stable.

Breakfast would be in the saddle as they had a lot of ground to make before the setting of the sun, but only the ranger knew for sure the road they would travel.

For Tiphereth the night had been an uneventful one. He and Jalisa had carried on with their charade but as both he and the solitary Dragoness required their space, magically parted ways, retiring to different corners of the keep. For some reason, Verin had been gracious that night and the bard could not recall a single intrusion by the sorcerer.

The bard guided his mount behind the Dwarf's powerful ram, a dark beast near the size of a horse with twice the muscle. Drawing his cloak tighter, he peered through the opening of the broad lilac coloured cowl, his eyes softly glowing in the dusty light as he focused on Othargren's back. Since the binding of the Drow, mornings had felt colder and he was 'heavier'. Sensations that were the trappings of the physical world, laws that he was usually exempt from, but Verin's binding was not unlike a string to a kite, holding it in place, preventing it from flying free on the winds.

Tiphereth was happy to be moving on. It was nice to be away from the smell of the ash that yet hung heavy in the air of the keep. Beyond the charred fortress the air was sweet with the scent of clover and fresh dew sparkled on the swaying grass. The mountains in which the Rohirrim fortress was nestled were soon small on the horizon, but the sun was still low. They covered much ground in a short time, as the ranger drove a hard pace, spurred on by something the others were unaware of.

"Perhaps we shall travel by the dark paths of Mirkwood." Mentioned Tiphereth to the druid as he matched his pace and road beside him. "I am sure you must long to walk beneath the green canopy once more my friend."
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:20 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Monk

Augustine had removed his heavy robes in order to ride upon the horse that was provided for him, they were bundled behind the druid upon the saddle. Without his robes Augustine seemed younger, a bit more boyish. The druid was wearing a simple white tunic, tied about the waist with a simple bit of braided rope, beneath his tunic the druid wore deerskin leggings tucked into his knee high boots that were brick red in color. The druid kept his hair short, like other druids and some monks did, but it had grown out a little on this journey and a few shaggy bangs hung just below the druid's eyebrows. Augustine's hair was reddish brown as were his whiskers and the druid liked to keep a short, neat beard about his chin. Without his robes the druid could have been mistaken for a farm boy or a black smith's assistant he did not look at all the part of the learned druid without his recognizable maroon three layered robes.

Augustine smiled as the sun shined down upon the companions, the druid did not have a heavy heart about leaving Rohan, the warriors that called the gray mountains and hills home were free of the misery of the Gorrinvul and would find that their future was much brighter. The druid did not want to admit that he was glad to leave the hills and fields of flat, hard ground behind, he was looking forward to green fields and many trees.

"Yes, I hear that the floor of the wood in like green velvet and the boughs of the many trees all touch together as they reach for the skies above." Augustine said.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:27 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Briann12Sitting atop Raelayeg, Brianna had her hands full with the spirited horse. Raelayeg was prancing about, tossing his head, his long black mane flying up into her face. She laughed at his antics as did little bunny hops, showing his light mood. Finally, he calmed somewhat and the left the keep along with the others, her meager belongings tied behind her saddle. All she had to take were her washing cloth, thin towel, small bar of lilac soap, thin blanket and another change of clothing that one of the smaller Rohirrims was kind enough to give her as her other change had been burned due to the black blood of the Gorrinvul.

She found herself looking at Augustine, shocked at first to see him without his robes. He was quite handsome and boyish looking. She smiled, looking away whenever he'd glance over at her. Then she looked at Tiphereth and remembered her dream, her face paling ever so slightly. She was now very leery of the Deither as she wasn't sure if what she'd experienced was just a dream or some kind of warning from Tiphereth himself. She looked away from the Deither and nudged Raelayeg to distance herself further from him. She was still wondering if she should speak to Lac or wait. After a few minutes, she chose to wait until she could speak with Augustine alone and see what his thoughts on the matter were.

Again, Raelayeg started his mischief, sensing his rider's change of moods getting her to smile again. He threw his head and whinnied in delight although Brianna knew that he mourned the loss of Ceowulf, she also knew that he accepted her and this made both rider and mount light-hearted.

Looking around her, she saw the flat plains of Rohan and wondered about where they were traveling. She'd never been to Oron-D-Narr that she could remember and wondered as to what it would be like as she rode.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:55 pm

As Tiphereth and the druid spoke of the whispering paths and ancient groves of Mirkwood, the Deithir could not help but notice how the adopted Rohirrim woman stared at him. He dismissed the look as idle curiousity but when her eyes widened with fear the Phaerie became concerned, although he did not show it. His masque-like expression often betrayed little emotion and one would be hard pressed to notice the subtle change. The woman knew something! Tiphereth was sure of it and her interference in these matters would simply not do.

When he and Augustine had exhausted their knowledge of the fabled, Mirkwood and fell silent, the Deithir cast his eye to Brianna's mount. It was but a momentary glance but a moment was all he needed to instill fear in the beast.

Raelayeg, reared up and whinnied loudly. His hooves flailed about in defense against some unseen enemy, then the powerful beast, unheeding any of his riders commands took off across the plains as if Morgoth himself was chasing him.

Sorrelwind was already in motion. "I have her." he said as the Deithir's mount gave chase.

Brianna could not know what exactly got into her mount, but as she rounded a mound of rock and vanished from sight he began calm. It was then that, Tiphereth rode up along side her and lightly stroked the jaw and the great black stallion.

"There, there, big one." Consoled the Phaerie, "I wonder what could have spooked him?" He posed to Brianna, but the Phaerie already knew what had caused Raelayeg to bolt.

"Danger, always where one least expects it, eh?" Said Tiphereth in a lighthearted manner but Brianna could sense an undertone of seriousness to his voice, "But your horse is safe now and is it worth searching for the cause of his distress? Some stones are best left unturned. Wouldn't you say, Brianna?"

In the shadow of the rock hill that obscured them from view the Deithir's vibrant violet eyes bored into her and despite the slight smile on his face, Brianna felt a cold chill run down her spine.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:19 am

4. INTO THE NORTH Briann12When Raelayeg reared up onto his hind legs, lashing out at something unseen, Brianna used everything that had ever been taught to her to try and calm him but to no avail. All she could do was hang on as he took off in a frenzied flight and hope that he didn't throw her into the rocks that were rushing by. The further they got from the group, the more the great horse began to calm and then suddenly she saw a pale hand reach out and grab his bridle and heard a soothing voice. She started when she realized that it was Tiphereth and tried to hide her leeriness but was unsuccessful. When the Deither was finished speaking, Brianna lowered her eyes lest he see the fear that was in them.

"Point taken, Tiphereth and not soon forgotten."

She looked back up into his violet eyes and shivered. "You are right.....some things are best left alone."

Taking Raelayeg's reins she turned him to head back to the traveling group. Once there, she gave Augustine a small, shaky smile and took up the rear, preferring to be alone right now to deal with her uneasiness and fear. She'd been afraid before but this was something altogether different. She knew that the Phaerie could do damage in ways she couldn't even begin to imagine and that alone had her taking his underlying warning to heart. She glanced over at Jalisa and saw the woman looking at her with knowing eyes. Brianna looked away and concentrated on the ride ahead as well as keeping their backs safe while they traveled.

Raelayeg, sensing his mistress' mood, walked along, his great hooves barely making a sound, his eyes showing that he was more alert than he appeared to be. Brianna decided that she would again watch Tiphereth, Jalisa and Jinn, especially Tiphereth and Jalisa but she would do nothing until at which time she needed to. When Tiphereth looked her way again, she gave him a small smile and looked away, letting him know that his warning was being heeded.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Tiphereth did not acknowledge Brianna. She had heeded his warning and this was enough, for now. His show of strength had been enough to discourage her for which he was thankful. The Dunedain woman was exceptional with a sword but he was more so wary of her will. It was the will of Men and Woman that his kind truly feared. It held a power that could not be explained for to them it was as natural as breathing, but in truth it was a gift that all unnatural beings longed for and respected.

The Deithir had maintained the balance of the scale and kept Brianna's curousity at bay. He had to be on guard against such beings at the Humans and the Dwarf, but the Drowess and Half-Elf, were creatures with one foot yet inside the realm of magic that was his home. The ranger, however, was unique. The blood of Men was strong in his veins, mingling harmoniously with his Elfin essence. Tiphereth had no desire to test his mettle, not that he had any intention of forcing such a confrontation... not if he could help it. The death of Lac'Nala, would not help his own cause nor save his home world. The bard was cautiously treading upon the edge of a great precipice, one false step and he would fall and along with him the fate of his home world.

Tipherth's burden was heavy. So great, that he desired to return to his dark path. The simpler road, one that he felt would ensure his success but also the one that would take the heaviest toll, on him and this new world he had come to respect. The Dragoness offered little levity to this thoughts. Her companionship was appreciated, but how easily she was corrupted, and the great wake of her downward spiral only served to drag him down with her. Verin it seemed, had chosen his minions well, but with luck the bard would be able to use his own ego to blind him, but only when the time was right. The sorcerer was no fool. He was cold and calculating, every move he made had purpose and he took advantage of whatever crossed his path, like he and the Dragoness. Tipherth could not help but admire the Drow's resolve, a trait he himself, even after all his long years, continued to lack. It was a pity they were on opposite sides and Verin cared only for himself for what a mentor he could be. How often the strongest were corrupted by power. Tiphereth had felt this, but how bitter was the taste of fear which so many others, like Verin, savored.

The bard once more rode alongside of the druid. There was a warmth to the man, a radiance that he found soothing and being near him helped to make light his burden.

"I miss my home." Said the Deithir casting his strange eyes to the horizon. "Somewhere beyond the unseen borders of this realm is my world... and my family."

Tiphereth did not need to turn to know the curious look that would befall Augustine's expressive features. The druid was more than aware that Phaerie kind did not have a sense of family, at least not in the way that Humans and Demi-human's knew.

"I did not begin my life as Phaerie." Tiphereth clarified, "It was a choice I made. I have a son. A son who does not grow old, who does not learn as Human or Elven children do. To him the world is a constant sense of wonder. An immense carnival, but he remembers. It is the way of the 'Lesser' of my kind, those that have not accepted the burden that accompanies a sense of time. I imagine right now he might be playing tricks on the robins that nest in our grove. How nice it will be to run the fields with him once more, but how fleeting it would all be if, Morgoth is not stopped."

The Deithir's face once more turned somber as he turned toward the druid.

"In this world there is a being which we call a Nmance. A creature that touches upon both planes, sometimes without their knowledge. I am here to destroy this person, though I do not know the way. All I know is that they are somehow entwined with Morgoth and so the path that opposes him is also the way to them."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 am

Lac 4. INTO THE NORTH Viggo_10 had led the party northeast across the river Onodlo, also called Entwash, then turned southeast. As the sun began to set, Ssinjin and Lac were riding about a quarter of a league ahead, as Sarin Gebir came into view. Pulling up he looked back over his shoulder and said "Jin we shall camp tonight and rest at Argonath, at the feet of The Pillars of The King. Long has my heart ached for my eyes to once again fall upon the lands of my father's fathers." He then pointed and she could see the massive stone carvings in the mountains side and the Falls of Rauros 4. INTO THE NORTH Gates210 . Tomorrow we turn back north cross Emyn Muil and into Anduin.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:04 pm

When Augustine asked Jalisa if she had beento Oron_D_Naar before, she wasn’t exactly sure how to answer the question at first. For a brief moment she stared at him as though she’d been caught with her hand in the cookie jar thinking he was perhaps fishing for more information but when she senses he was merely curious and making conversation, she nodded and smiled as well.

”Aye. I have. They are beautiful to behold and I cannot wait to see them again. I think you will find them to your liking, Druid. And I would wager you just might find yourself wanting to stay for a spell. You wouldn’t be the first.”

Her tone was light and her mood upbeat but in the back of her mind, Jalisa couldn’t help but wonder if the Druid was perhaps knowledgeable about more than he let on at times. She would certainly keep an eye on him. Which wouldn’t be difficult to do. He was, after all, quite pleasing to the eye now that he had shed his cloak and let the world see his youthful handsomeness.

Anymore conversation they had was cut short when her attention was taken by one of the Rohirrim helping her secure their supplies.

Jalisa felt Verin’s influence more and more. It should have bothered her but she brushed it off as being her nature. It wasn’t that far from the truth either. She began to turn her anger towards Loki and Lac’Nala even though she knew in the back of her mind her predicament was her own fault. But far be it for her to place the blame squarely on her shoulders. It was any ones fault but her own. So she turned it towards the ones she chose to focus that anger on.

While outwardly she seemed no different, inwardly she began to seethe and she knew the Deithir was starting to fell the change within her. While they kept their charade up for pretense purposes, she felt him pulling away from her knowing she was headed down a path he really didn’t wish to go. But that didn’t stop her from trying to join her down that path she was starting to remember and like.

He wasn’t like others and she couldn’t use her influence on him like she could the other humans simply because he wasn’t a human. He was other worldly and that made him almost immune to her magic and while she wanted to see just how much she COULD do to him, she refrained.

For now.

Eventually, though, she knew she would grow more curious than she could stand and try to see just what she cold get away with. Until then she would keep him close and let this common bond they share would help them get to know each other better.

As Tiphereth handled Brianna, Jalisa couldn’t help but let a small, devious smile ease over her features as she knew the Deithir had caused her mount to run away. What she wouldn’t have done to be able to see what short, poignant conversation took place between the dark haired Rohirrim woman and the bard. What ever it was, Jalisa could tell it was quite unnerving by the look on Brianna’s face and the way he came back to sit beside Augustine. The Dragoness didn’t ask any questions knowing what ever he wanted to tell her he would and what ever he didn’t, he wouldn’t. It was that simple. Still, she knew the bard had done something and she took personal humor in that knowledge.

As Tiphereth rode back with the Druid, Jalisa couldn’t help but hear parts of his story. She always knew there was a reason the bard stayed with the group instead of going his own path. Now it was starting to make sense. But why did she find it disturbing to hear he had family? And a son? Bah….he was a pawn just like everyone else. Including herself. So why should she care about him? Or anyone else but herself for that matter?

The night, as it appeared, was shaping up to be quite interesting. One the Dragoness was certain she was going to enjoy. Perhaps even a visit from a rather annoying Drow that grated her the wrong way for all the right reasons.

Last edited by RPMistress on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:13 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Newjin

Jin was glad to have joined Lac and the others while they planned for the upcoming journey. While it was taxing, she wouldn’t want to have been any place else. When they started out in the morning mist she made sure to place as much distance between herself and Tiphereth. What ever was happening between them wasn’t going to just ‘go away’ and she knew it was safer to deal with it this way for right now. At least until she could learn to handle it.

As they traveled out of Rohan, Jin pulled her cloak up around her tight and made sure her head was well covered and untouched by the bright sunlight. While she lavished the warmth the sun gave her, she cared little for the painful brightness she had yet to get used to. And doubted she ever would.

As they traveled, Lac knew she was growing tired and at one point had ridden close enough for her to slip easily onto his saddle and get some rest. Leaning her head against his chest and listening to his steady heartbeat helped put her mind at ease. She didn’t even stir much when Brianna’s horse took off the way it did, seeing the way Tiphereth took off after it.

As the day wore on, Jin felt more able to ride and remain wakeful and slipped back onto Wally’s saddle as she rode ahead of the others with Lac’Nala. As he stated they would make camp in this place for the night, she narrowed her eyes as he pointed to the distance and saw the stone carved keepers of the gate. Blinking, she looked back to him and nodded as she gave him a soft smile.

”And may your heart feel the comfort of knowing you are almost home. This is a good spot for us to rest. Perhaps Brianna’s spirited mount will like to have a rest as well.”
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Lac smiled at Jin and said "These are the gates of the lands of my father's fathers. My lands, Oron_D_Naar lie farther north beyond these lands and Wilderland, Mirkwood, Esgaroth, Erebor and across the Withered Heath also know as the Land of the Dragons. We have many leagues to travel and many forces to gather before we are home. But for this night we shall all rest and gather our strengths." He then rose in his saddle and turned motioning the others to follow.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:33 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH Monk

Augustine was happy to have Tiphereth ride along side him, there was always something mysterious and new to learn by listening to the bard's tales and personal musings. The druid knew something of phariekind, they were a point of interest in his studies and the druid had crossed paths with the nymph, a very rare creature. The picture his lessons had painted for him was incomplete and full with man's fear of the pharie world, the druids probably knew a great deal more about phariekind than most but their knowledge was still limited. There were times when the druid had wandered alone that he felt the presence of phariekind and their power, it was a natural side effect of his spell casting, when the druid reached out to draw his power from the natural world he sometimes found and touched upon the ancient and almost forgotten.

These citizens of the pharie realm did not often reveal themselves but Augustine knew they were there. The druid was honored to know one of the 'bright people' as a fellow traveler and a friend. He could sense Tiphereth's heavy heart as he rode along side him.

"Your people will hold your place and the memory of you in their hearts even though they live beyond the veil that separates this world from the other. We druids are taught to imagine that the veil no longer exists, to believe that the two worlds are one. I always believed that we would come to know each other, men and phariekind. I was fortunate enough to have read an ancient scroll in my youth, it told a creation story , a story of the beginning of the line of druids from my sect. The story told of some ancient sailors that were lost in a gale and ran aground on a strange island. The island had never been visited by men before and the ancient sailors found the island to be the home of many pharies. The men did not know of phariekind and had no fear of the 'bright people', they showed honor and respect and were treated with the same.

Some of the sailors returned home in time but many did not, the old scroll told of some young men that stayed and took pharie women as their wives. The story tells that a few of the men that remained among the bright people learned a great deal about healing and magiks from their pharie friends and lovers. It is said that the first druid teachers that came to Columba were men from this island. The name of the island was not revealed in the scroll nor was it's location, I was told that all of this was lost to time and human memory but I believed that my masters sought to protect that special place."

The druid looked at his friend, it was strange to see the fey so fatigued and down.

"We are not so different friend, your mark in the world beyond this one will not fade or be forgotten, some tales are destined to be remembered and told for all time. Your child will never forget the ties that bind, like a pharie's heart they are eternal"

The druid offered a friendly nod as he his horse trotted along.

"I do not know about this Nmance Tiphereth but I will stand with you against this enemy, he cannot know the power that gathers against him. To believe the old scroll is to know that the brotherhood between our people is older than the history of my home and it's wise masters, it as old as the forgotten island and the bright people that dwell there."

Last edited by subbear on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 am

Tiphereth nodded and smiled at the kind words of the druid. He alone understood his kind, even more so than the learned man believed himself, but such was the way of his order. They dismissed their egos and always believed their was more to learn, even when their cup over flowed.

"Thank you, Augustine. Your words are poignant and wise. I know this story you speak of. It is no fable. The blood of the Phaerie or Fey, as we are known in this land, trickles through your veins."

The Deithir raised his head and marveled at the great statues in the distance and commented upon them changing the topic.

"I cannot believe that people would labour so to create such titans. They are beautiful." Tiphereth stated then he turned back to the druid and bowed his head humbly.

"I thank you as well for your 'sword-arm', so-to-speak." the bard said with a smile, "A Nmance is a powerful being, whether they are aware of it or not and your assistance would be most welcome."

The Phaerie then continued to smile as the conversation took him back to simpler times.

"Where I am from there are great schools of magic and the arts. Only the most gifted will ever set foot in these institutions and I was privileged to attend such a place. The Temple of the Falling Leaves, is a bardic seminary representing the highest level of education that such a class can attain. I alone was the only of my kind ever allowed to attend, only because I was not born a Phaerie, but chose the path later on in my life. My parents, you see, were both Saedrie, beings who would not be unlike the forefathers of your order. Once in a while these beings have brought to them a Phaerie child, but the light is diminished until that being can choose their path. I did so at a young age to my parents dismay, but I yet held onto much of the physical world, enabling me to live in both realms equally. But that is another story. I mention this, because once a year, and should let you know that one year common to this world is equal to one of our aurels. One year is equal to five of these. So, once every five of your years, the Temple would welcome a pilgrimage from the druidic seminary at the base of the mountains upon which our temple was situated. During this time, we shared our knowledge and learned from one another in the druidic tradition of sharing what is known.

You remind me so much of those early times, Augustine. You remind me how much I miss them. I am very sorry that you are the last of your order my friend and know how much you must yearn to walk the halls of your brethren again.

Perhaps one day..."

Tiphereth near doubled over at that moment. He managed to stave off the stabbing pain in his gut and attributed it to his abdominal wound that was still mending.

"'Tis the old wound. Nothing to worry about." He told Augustine.

In reality it was nothing of the kind. The pain had originated from none other than Verin himself. He obviously did not care to have his minion delve into the druid's past, but exactly why, Tiphereth was not sure. He was not yet aware that it was Verin who had laid waste to Augustine's order and for some reason Verin preferred he not know.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 am

4. INTO THE NORTH Monk

"I like to think about the old times, I believe the old scrolls and stories. As long as one person remembers these things they will never be gone from this world, their power and wisdom shall hold. I feel the same about the members of my order, gone from this world but not forgotten, my power was theirs and their power is mine. As long as I live I will honor the traditions that were taught to me. And if the scrolls and legends are true, and I believe them to be so- then perhaps it is not possible to ever destroy the druidic way for it's past and future are written in all living things and forever bound the mysterious and great pharie people."

The Fey could see that the druid had given this a lot of thought, to the druids is was known that the best of things in this world always found a way to live on in one form or another. A great tree may rot and wither and fall but there was always time to lay more seeds beyond the shadow of the old and have it live on.

"A pilgrimage to the Temple of the Falling Leaves, truly blessed are those that have seen such a place. We are all pilgrims and wanderers, it is good to have friends and fellowship as we wander and search in this life. What a long life it would be without the people we care for, even if they have traveled to the next world."

There was sadness in the druid's last statement, Augustine knew much about life and death and carried good solid beliefs that told him that death was but a beginning, a natural and expected journey. Augustine took this to heart but he was never prepared to be the last of his order, the last living man to wear the maroon robes of Columba.

Augustine took in the massive carved figures that came into view. There was no doubt how the people of Oron-D-Narr felt about their lands, how long their stone carvers must have toiled to create such wonders.

"Lac'Nala's heart must be soaring to look upon this again, I wonder how long it's been since he passed by these sacred stones."

The druid looked to the half elf, he was facing straight ahead, preparing to take in home again. The druid wondered what kind of house the half elf prince kept, was he wealthy? Did the man he had come to know and call a good friend have family here? Had the shadow of Morgoth passed over these lands yet?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:41 am

As Jalisa rode just ahead of the Druid and Fey she heard pieces of the conversation and was delighted to get some insight to her fellow minion. All of this information would be put to good use at some point in time she was certain. Of course she felt a slight tinge of guilt knowing she was starting to fall back into her old ways but she quickly dismissed it. If they were going to talk openly about themselves then she had the right to store what ever information she wanted to about the conversation.

What she found more interesting, of course, was the Druid’s story. Knowing Druids were always more powerful then anyone gave them credit for, she was interested to discover there may be a direct correlation between Augustine and Tiphereth’s bloodline. This seemed to be quite interesting as well.

Excellent.

But the instant the Fey felt the stabbing pain Jalisa knew it. She didn’t feel it herself but she knew the instant the pain struck the bard. She glanced over her shoulder and shot the bard a quick glance furrowing her brows. What ever pact the bard made with the Drow he didn’t deserve to be treated like this. She would address his handling of his minions next time she got the opportunity to talk to him. Perhaps he could be reasoned with.

Although Jalisa doubted he could be reasoned with anything other than his own self preservation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4. INTO THE NORTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4. INTO THE NORTH
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: NIFLHEIM - Archive of Forgotten Halls :: The Abyss :: The Plains of Gladsheim-
Jump to: