Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

6: Shadows Creep

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:34 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 RayannRed

Rayann let out a small cry as she watched what took place in the sphere between her daughter and her brother. Taking a few steps closer but daring not to touch the sphere knowing the affect it would have upon her, she could do nothing but watch helplessly as her daughter defended herself against her brother.

As Rayann watched Rorie fall forward and Kali look over her shoulder at her, Rayann’s eyes were full of fear. When the sphere was gone and Kali came toward her, Rayann quickly closed the gap and took Kali in her arms. Her daughter was badly injured from the violent hit she took against the sphere wall not to mention the energy she expended combining the magics in the harmonious way she did.

Hearing Kali’s words in her ear, Rayann merely nodded as she held Kali’s weight against her, supporting her daughter fully. Rayann’s voice was shaking a little even in her missive as she spoke to Kali.

~I need to take care of something first.~

Holding out her left hand, Kali would feel the pull of magic as Rayann cast another spell, this time targeted on Rorie. His body began to glow then disappeared as she sent him back from what ever dank, dark hell he came from.

Looking down at Kali, she knew the girl couldn’t do any more today. If Kali tried she would sacrifice her body and that was something Rayann couldn’t allow. But she didn’t want to leave Kali alone anywhere either. Not with the threat of something happening to her. It was a painful decision, but Rayann looked down at Kali and stroked the hair back from her daughters face.

~Kali….you can’t cast anymore. You run the risk of not being able to recover if you do. It would crush us if that happened to you. You just entered our lives. We can’t bear the thought of losing you now. Not to mention you and Nol have many years ahead of you. Please. Rest in my protective sphere and regain your strength. I will stand here and help Myth and Nol if you will allow me to protect you. Please?~

He daughter was a strong willed young woman and Rayann knew she would not like the idea of this but she also hoped Kali would see the practicality of the situation and know her mother was only trying to do what she thought was right. Glancing at the advancing enemy, Rayann knew she would have to act quickly and hoped Kali would agree to the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 KaliRed

Kali looked up at her mother, and she spoke quietly, “No mother, I know the risk is great, but I must help… I must.”She inhaled deeply and wiped her lips with her sleeve. Standing to her full height she looked at her mother and seeing the concern in Rayann’s eyes she spoke in missive, ~ ‘Fear not mother… I will tell you when I am truly spent.’~ Rayann would see that Kali was not going to leave the battle, but Rayann would also feel for the first time today that it had nothing to do with the thrill, her spirit was focused and centered, she was concentrating on the balance of things around them, not the excitement of the battle.

She touched Rayann’s shoulder and spoke again, “Trust me Mother, focus on the battle, I will be alright. If I cast less aggressively I can sustain.” She smiled, the delicate lines of her face echoed her resolve, she would face the enemy with her family. She began moving towards the top of the mountain, watching her father fire his bow. She could not help but smile, the warrior heart in her was proud to see her dad in his element, fighting the evil that crept along the planet, meeting it directly in the face and saying, “NO”.

She stood at the top of the hill, her red robes swirling around her and she reached out in her mind for her mother, finding her location. She observed the battlefield and her hands started to glow as she drew power to herself, the magic was bending to her will almost effortlessly, she prepared to make her next move…
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:35 am

Rayann had no choice but to let her daughter be her own woman. It struck her then that this must have been how her mother felt when she reached the age at which she was ready to do things on her own. It was a moment of sobering clarity for Rayann and she knew then Kali would indeed be just fine.

Kali would feel the same calmness slipped into her mother then and know like her, Rayann was no focused on the balance of the world around them and not the battle. It was also the moment Rayann understood the difference between what she had done in the past as a White Robe mage and what she must do now as a Red Robe mage.

A small smile eased over her features as she calmly walked to join Kali on the hill. The enemy forces were advancing towards them and as Myth stood like the proud warrior he was, fighting back the enemy, Rayann and Kali stood just as proud. Their red robes, honey blonde and platinum blond hair swirling like halos around their heads. Myth would feel the calmness of the women in his life and know harmony had been obtained. Matching his own. The three had now become as one with the world around them.

Like Kali, Rayann’s hands began to glow as she began to draw magic within her. It was the first time she attempted to use both ambient and divine magic together but doing as Kali had showed her and seeing the vision of what Kali was preparing to do, Rayann was able to blend the two together harmoniously. The effort wasn’t as easy as one would think but Rayann was able to maintain the balance and she began to feel that same, inner core calmness Kali felt.

It was time.

Time to restore that which was out of balance. Glancing at Kali, Rayann smiled then looked out over the battle field. Let the balance be restored was the only thought she had and as her hands began to glow brighter, she felt as though that thought was manifesting into her spell.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Kali felt her mother’s mind, they had merged into a collective, their magic swirled around them and simultaneously the two women’s hands went up, shock waves erupted and the ground swelled with the cone of power that shot forth and devastated the two Ogre’s. Both fell backwards with a deafening crash, their piece meal armor clattering as their bodies made contact with Krynn. The goblins caught in the wake leapt from their stands and Nol cut them down, mopping up the ones that scattered and hid from the arcane arrows of Myth’s bow. The Draconians scattered, taking to the forest around them, the leader slain they did as Draconians were want to do, they retreated until gathered under a new banner.

Kali felt dizzy and she fell to her knees, heaving as her lungs burned from exhaustion. She propped herself up on her hands and then finally laid down, belly first, letting the cool grass embrace her cheek. She looked up at her mother, wheezing as her body gaze way to the exhaustion. She closed her eyes and felt strong arms embrace her, they were Nol’s arms. She could only smile as her pale face spoke of her need to rest, and she sent a missive to her mother and Myth, ~ ‘Tomorrow….. the tower of Glen Durel….. tomorrow……’~

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 NolBanner

Nol tenderly took up Kali in his arms and stood to his full height, looking at Rayann and Myth with concerned eyes. She had spent herself for the cause of Krynn, and Nol spoke to Rayann, “The castle should be safe now, but the tower is another matter. I think we should be safe to stay in the castle wing, the wards and magic protecting the tower are not living, they are merely reactionary to anything coming into their perimeter. Is there a room I can bring Kali to so she can rest?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Rayann felt drained but not near as much as her daughter. When Kali collapsed, she instantly knelt down at her daughter’s side. She was proud of what her daughter had accomplished and the way Rayann herself was able to apply what Kali had taught her. Laying a protective hand on Kali’s shoulder as she fell into the grass, Rayann saw the strong arms reach out and take Kali’s form. Knowing who held the girl she smiled tiredly and looked up into Nol’s face.

Nodding in answer to his question, she looked past the dragon to see Myth approaching. Now that they were all gathered, she could create the port to the room she knew Kali would find rest and comfort in. As the bright portal appeared Nol could see the large room and see the furnishings knowing it was the room that used to be Rayann’s parents. When the dragon looked at Rayann again for confirmation, she nodded again. Without further hesitation, Nol stepped through the portal.

As Myth walked up to Rayann she raised her hand and with his help stood once more. Her legs were shaky but she forced herself to step through the portal with Myth. As Nol laid Kali down in the large, soft bed. Rayann touched Myth’s arm and they were instantly transported to another room in the same wing but one floor up. Glancing around, Rayann saw the room was untouched, just as the others. It was a guest room but it was very inviting and welcoming. Laying her head on Myth’s upper arm, she spoke in a soft missive to his mind.

~I never knew you were the accomplished archer, mel’amin. And our daughter has certainly shown she is going to be quite the accomplished mage. I can’t wait to see what she will be like in a few years.~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:38 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Mythban2

As one would expect of a warrior of Myth's skill his aim with Windfall was straight and true. The magic erupted from mother and daughter decimating the line destroying the ogres. Myth then unleashed a hailstorm of death upon his enemies and those smart enough to seek cover were quickly taken down by Nol. Myth took note of the dragon's skill not entirely surprised by what he saw. Nol had a seasoned mind and was able to adapt his strategy according to the tactics Myth employed. In some cases foes were herded in the dragon's direction and Nol moved in response meeting the hapless foes.

With the enemy routed Myth turned his attention to the women and both covered ground quickly. Were it not for the connection the family shared Myth was certain his heart would have stopped seeing his daughter laying there in the grass as she was. However her heart beat strong and he knew it was pure physical exhaustion that had over taken her. He nodded to Nol as the dragon took Kali up in his arms.

Without so much as a word Myth offered Rayann a hand to help her stand and walk. The battle was over and the power of Rayann was spent and as Nol tended to Kali so would Myth tend to Rayann. When they found themselves alone in the room above Myth sighed quietly. The combat high was finally leaving his body and he felt his strength beginning to slip. It was in no way debilitating but Myth could tell the fights had been hard fought thus far. Rayann's voice registered somewhere at the edge of his mind bringing him from his deeper thoughts.

Nodding his head Myth helped Rayann to the bed smiling brightly "All elves are taught the art of the bow at a young age. However my upbringing ensured it would one day be an artform as well as a combat skill...the bow.... will take some getting used to though."

His smile dimmed slightly and Myth knew his thoughts shifted to those of his brother. A vivid memory of a proud prince practicing as Myth watched. With a sigh Myth cleared his mind. "Kali has much to learn of strategy and patience but I can tell she will grow into a true force to be recon with. I do not envy those whom may face her one day on the field of battle. I would pray that they had made piece with their maker because if the situation calls for it there will be no mercy."

He would help Rayann sit before he started to remove the bits of his armor. "I think when I finish this I will make some tea..."

He gave her an amused look before speaking further "The tea this place makes is simply dreadful. I shall only need the ingredients brought to me and I will do the rest."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:06 am

Kali looked up at Nol as he gently laid her on the bed. He smiled warmly as his silver eyes looked into her own. “You fought well today Kali, like a true warrior.” She reached up and touched his face with her slender fingers and spoke in a whisper, “Thank-you. I only wish I could have maintained my strength.” Nol brushed a tendril of her honey blond hair off her cheek and tucked it lovingly behind her ear. She smiled as she felt his touch, “You can’t help it Kali, the balance to the power is the exhaustion you will feel, it is the way of magic, the way the gods have set it up, so that no mortal becomes too powerful. I tell you the truth, the amplification of magic I felt from you was beyond anything I have ever felt from a mortal, truly you are blessed.”

She reached up and put her hand on the back of his and pulled him down, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. He concurred and kissed her back, their mouths touching in an exchange of breath. He pulled back and smiled, “In time you will gain more endurance, but you must be patient and allow your body time to relearn magic.” She nodded and closed her eyes. He started to get up and she spoke, “Don’t leave; your presence is a comfort to me.” He looked down and touched her cheek, “I am never far Kali, but I do need to remove this armor and speak with your father, there is much to discuss.”

She looked up at him, despite the exhaustion her eyes searched for a sign of anything he was referring to on his face, but he simply smiled and leaned down, kissing her on the forehead again. “Let not your mind remain awake Kali, you must rest, today was the first of two tests, and the second will not be as easy as the first.”

She lingered on his words, knowing he was referring to the tower, knowing that he was right. Tomorrow, if she and Rayann were able, was going to be a far greater challenge, the tower was not going to simply let them waltz on in. She drifted quickly to sleep, her mind freeing itself from the conscious and resting. She didn’t move an inch; she slept, allowing her body the time it needed to heal.

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 CeriBanner

Ceridwyn could not help but smile when he referred to himself as “an ass”, but she listened and paid attention as he spoke. When he apologized she reached over and gently touched his forearm, “Why do you apologize for responding to my question? It is the very reason I asked it, to know the details, to get to know who Aeolis is. I had no idea that you witnessed your Father’s death Aeolis, I am very sorry. That must have been very hard for you.” She took a deep breath and instinctually took his hand in her own. It wasn’t a romantic gesture, simply a connection with someone to show them ‘I’m here’. She could feel the change in him already, it was definitely not a fluke or an act, and she could genuinely feel that Aeolis was different. As they walked the silence moved between them for a while and then she spoke, “My childhood was wonderful. There were no politics, no obligations, just the opportunity to be a child. I don’t regret one day of growing up in the outskirts, we were a happy family of weavers. There were struggles, we had little money, but there was lots of love and support, and we all pitched in where we could to make the family work. I am not even sure if mom and dad are still alive though, I was pulled away to learn magic and they willingly let me go, but we all sort of knew that it was our last good-bye.” Aeolis would see there was some lingering sadness in her eyes, but there was also the strong will of a woman who had made a choice, and didn’t regret it.”

She let go of his hand and tucked it back into her robe, her face was obscured now by her hood, and she kept pace with Aeolis, despite his longer legs.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:28 am

As Rayann listened to Myth she felt the sadness that slipped into Myth when he talked about the bow and she saw the vision he was seeing of Jerrin with the bow in use. She saw just how much they resembled each other then in both looks and in their style of using the bow.

~I have no doubt Jerrin would be very proud of the way you used it today, mel’amin. I know I am.~

Her thoughts turned to Kali then as well and she nodded in agreement with Myth.

~There’s no doubt she has abilities instilled in her from conception that are inherent from us. I can see by the way she moves and the way she thinks. Let alone her ability to use the magic of Krynn the way she does.~

A small smile eased over her features then.

~Makes me even more proud to know I was able to give you a daughter that turned out to be so much like her father.~

Rayann watched Myth as he began removing his armor. Easing her frame off the bed, she waked across the room and began helping him, swatting his hands away when he tried to insist he do it himself.

~I believe it’s customary for the warrior’s wife to help him with his battle dress. Rather it is being put on or taken off. Besides, I believe I’ll have to get used to doing this sort of thing for you when we return to Silvanost. I would be expected to help you with this task and I wouldn’t want your people to look down on me for not performing my duties as your wife.~

When he made the comment about the tea, she paused a moment then chuckled softly as she shook her head.

~Well…..I’m sure if you let the house staff know what you need, they will make sure it gets stocked.~

Knowing there was no house staff, she smiled even more as he shook his head and smiled as well.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 AeolisRanger

”I envy you in that regard, Ceridwyn. My childhood had happy moments but I cannot say it was happy as yours appears to have been. There was always something my parents had to do outside the home and let us not forget the training I was sent to endure at an early age. It seemed more like Tanjee and I were a burden to our parents that the true gift we were. I know how difficult it is for our race to reproduce and while many families have only one child, my parents were blessed with two children. Not a rarity in any way, but it was odd for my mother to have the children less than a few decades apart.”

His green eyes moved about the forest as they left even more of the protective embrace of the Silvanesti behind them. Soon they would leave the territory entirely and he would truly be on his own as far as making sure Ceridwyn’s protection was concerned. He glanced up knowing a few remote guards were still watching wondering why the mage was leaving the area with the mystery ranger. With any luck, they could pass through without incident.

”When you need a rest, let me know. I am afraid I am not sensitive to the needs of others when I am out like this. While it has been a while since I was this far out, I know some things do not change. Some habits are more difficult to break than others.”

Still, he made a conscious effort to take steps that weren’t as long as he normally did making sure he didn’t set a pace that was too difficult for her to maintain. While she was doing fine right now, in a few hours that would not be the case and he didn’t want to exhaust her with walking when he knew it could affect her ability to cast spells if the need arose.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Ceridwyn listened and took in all that Aeolis said. She responded as he spoke of his childhood, “That seems to be the way of royalty, for all races. Male aristocracies feel the need to procreate in order to produce an heir, and when that heir arrives they treat them like a threat to their power. It’s a shame really because it perpetuates the cycle and the big picture is lost in the selfishness of maintaining one’s own power and possessions. In the meantime the possible great strides that certain individuals might have made are brow beaten out of them by observed learning and we spiral deeper into separation. To be jealous of my childhood however, I wouldn’t fantasize what I said too much, at least you had knowledge of where and when your next meal was coming from; do you think I am this size simply by genetics? Malnutrition played a significant role in my physical stature. Nim’Sul brought me in soon enough to reverse some of it, but I stand so petite and low to this day as a result.”

There was no self-pity in her words, just facts. As Aeolis made his statement to her about rest she simply laughed, it was a rare belly laugh and the tones coming from her mouth were nothing short of entrancing. She laughed like a Nightingale sings and when she caught her breath again she spoke, “Oh Aeolis, I may be a wizard of the robes, but I am still an elf, and with as much traveling as I get to do, and not by teleportation mind you, I am in peak physical condition. I would dare you to challenge me.” He might have been surprised by that last statement, but when he looked he would see a playful mischievousness in her eyes. She was not like most Silvanesti females, she was playful and strode proudly away from being ‘proper’, she might have seemed stoic and proper at times, but it was becoming clearer to Aeolis that this was out of duty rather than acting naturally. This was the real Ceridwyn, a jovial, happy elf female, confident of who and what she was, lacking self pity and bent on seeing the things in a much more worldly view.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Aeolis had to admit he was rather enjoying seeing this side of Ceridwyn. All the other times they’d been around each other it was for official business or something like that but now that she was out and away from the city, and alone with him, he was getting a peek at whom and what she really was. And he liked what she was allowing him to see.

The statement she made about being malnourished hit him hard, though. He’d never considered what the poorest citizen’s of Silvanost had to deal with. As long as his next meal was taken care of. And he was warm that was all that mattered to him. Knowing she had suffered such a thing, and there were others like her out there made his stomach churn.

How could he have been so blind? It was easy, really. When one doesn’t see the bad side, how can you care? He mentally told himself he’d be sure to change that and bring these less fortunate citizens of Silvanost to the attention of who ever he needed to bring the attention to.

He couldn’t help but smile, though, as the sound of her laughter still echoed in his ears. Even from beneath the shadows of his hood she would be able to see the smile he had was one of sincerity.

”I just might take you up on that challenge one day. Who knows, there may be more we have in common.”

He grew increasingly quiet now. Even the way he walked had grown quieter and he reached his hand out gently touching her upper arm and signed for her to stop. He took a few steps away from her and looked all around as he slowly pulled the bow over his shoulder and knocked an arrow on the string. His trained fingers held the bolt in place as he crept forward carefully. Taking a few more steps, he placed his left hand on the curve of the bow and wrapped his fingers around the smooth wood.

It all happened so fast. There was a crashing sound followed by a horrible screech and the sound of his bow being fired, the sound of his arrow hitting something semi solid then another crash. In the distance Ceridwyn could see a Draconian staggering to its feet and attempting to run away again. Aeolis already had another arrow knocked and was bringing the bow up to draw a bead on it. He uttered some words then fired again.

”Pilininge (flight of arrow)”

The arrow made a sickening thud once more and this time the Draconian dropped like a rock, face first. From where the thing laid Aeolis’ arrow could be seen sticking up from its back. As Ceridwyn and Aeolis approached cautiously she would see his bolt penetrated where the things heart was located. The one he previously shot was protruding from the things right shoulder. Nudging the thing with the toe of his soft boot, Aeolis uttered a curse then glanced around with a furrowed brow.

”A straggler from the fight, no doubt. Especially this far out from the city. It must have been looking for a way back and did not know what to do. Lucky for us it was not the sort that could cast.”

Glancing up at her, he quickly explained.

”Not that you could not have easily taken care of it, but they do not like to play fair. And are quite fond of sleeping spells.”

He stood up then and looked around as he added.

”Much like another magic user I know.”

There was humor in the tone of his voice when he spoke this time an the hint of a smile caused the corners of his mouth to turn up slightly but he still glanced around more cautious now than ever.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:01 pm

She ran with Aeolis as he made the kill, and when he started talking she listened, grinning slightly as he mentioned the sleeping spell. Her face went serious again and she pointed, the Draconian already starting to turn to stone, “Not to argue, but look at his armor and gear, this was a scout, and Draconians never travel alone. He’s not a magic user, but surly there is one with him.” She looked into the darkness of the woods; despite the fact that they were getting closer to the forests edge the foliage was quite thick. She concentrated on the shadows and with her Elven sight was scanning for the pale red glow that all Elves could see around the living creatures of Krynn.

She moved slowly, he would notice that her steps did not make a single sound, as she had mentioned, she was an elf too. She crept up and peeked over a fallen log covered in moss towards some thicker growth and after about three seconds screamed, “DOWN!!” The arrow whizzed so close over her head that the fletching grazed her scalp. As she ducked she reached up and felt the top of her head. She brought her hand down and looked at it to make sure she wasn’t bleeding. When she saw she was unscratched Aeolis would see the look on her face, it was not really anger, but more a look of annoyance for being shot at. She whispered, “Oh no you didn’t just shoot that arrow at me…” She reached into her robes and removed two small white stones and crept to the edge of the log, peeking around the side. Aeolis would hear the spidery words of magic being uttered as she concentrated and then she threw the two small stones into the air, a blinding flash erupted not in front of her but about 30 meters away in the darkness and a Draconian squealed, emerging from the underbrush, covered in camouflage and dropping his bow. He was clutching at his eyes and Ceridwyn stayed put, continuing to watch. She sent a missive to Aeolis, ~ ‘I think there is a third, but I am not seeing his glow, keep watch but don’t worry about the other for now, that blind spell will last for at least half a day’ ~
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Aeolis grit his teeth when he saw the arrow whiz by Ceridwyn. He was rushing forward to make sure she was OK when he saw the look on her face and noticed there was no blood on her hand when she pulled it away from her head. Letting the mage do what she did best, he remained where he was, on guard, and heard her cast her spell. As the blinding flash happened and the Draconian ran away, running into things and falling over others, Aeolis couldn’t help but chuckle.

When he heard her missive, he nodded slowly and crouched down, resting one knee on the ground. Letting his eyes search the ground, he leaned forward and studied the markings. He could see where the claws from their feet dug into the ground and he furrowed his brow.

Watching the pattern of foot steps he was able to see which one was the one he had killed earlier and which one was the one Ceridwyn had sent running away. It was the other that confused him, but not for long. By the time he realized where the third was hiding, it was all he could do to barely miss the deadly claws on the feet of the Draconian as it came jumping out of the tree.

With a curse, Aeolis jumped backwards and rolled out of the way and as he came up he had his bow ready to fire the arrow but the Draconian was quicker than he realized and the thing slashed at him with a nasty looking blade. This caused Aeolis to jump back again and spread his arms in a wide pattern so the blade didn’t cut his hands off his arms.

Realizing his bow was useless for this one he threw it to the ground and engaged the Draconian with his short sword. Unfortunately this was not what Aeolis wanted. He was not up to his full strength yet but he had to defend himself against the beast. And it was being relentless. Several times he felt the vibrations of the blades connecting all the way up his arms.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Ceridwyn turned quickly as she heard the Draconian leap from the tree. It was a third scout and as she responded she was also confused. Draconian scout teams always traveled in twos, a scout and a sorcerer. This third scout was unusual, so unusual she started to get a very uneasy feeling. She instantly cast a ward of magic protection over Aeolis and then one over herself, and then she moved to get position to aid her companion.

She removed some reagents and was waiting for an opening. The Draconian was aware of her magic now and was keeping himself practically right on top of Aeolis to not allow her to cast. Draconian were known for their intelligence, after all they were the corrupted embryo’s of chromatic dragons, and though they were twisted and not as intelligent as their kin they did have above average smarts. Ceridwyn continued to move, low to the ground, watching for an opening. Suddenly she heard movement behind her and she spun, without taking into account who or what it was behind her she hissed the words of magic and flung the reagents in front of her, a blast wave exploded out in a cone and two Draconian Warriors were flung back and smashed into the trees. She turned and sent a missive to Aeolis, ~ ‘HOLD FAST AEOLIS! When I say spin, spin.’ ~

She leapt through the air and landed nimbly on the large fallen tree beside the trail and from this new angle was able to get the advantage. She hissed and pushed her hands forward, ~ 'SPIN!' ~ A blast of twisting wind erupted from the ground below both of them flinging the Draconian and Aeolis upwards and away from each other. Aeolis went a good 40 meters into the air and she hissed words of magic again. The feather fall spell hit Aeolis and his speed of freefall slowed down as if he was a loose feather coming off a bird, allowing him to touch down gently.

She ran over to Aeolis side and moved her hand in an arc. Now that they were side by side she could cast a proper protection sphere over them and in perfect time too. Two fireballs erupted from the trees, exploding off the sphere and sending both of them backwards, tumbling across the ground. The sphere dissipated under the magic and Ceridwyn looked over at Aeolis, knowing he would have seen the origin of the spells just as she did, ~ ’I got the one on the right!’ ~ She began to hiss the spidery words of magic again and brought up her hands. The hissing of magic could now be heard from the trees as well, the two Draconian Magus were preparing to fire again, Aeolis and Ceridwyn were in the open, vulnerable and unprotected, only speed could assist them now…
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:42 pm

As Aeolis set down with the help of Ceridwyn’s feather fall spell, he picked up his bow instinctively after he sheathed his short sword. AS the fireballs sruck the protective sphere the white robe provided for them, Aeolis put his arm up in front of him and turned his head away to protect his eyes from the brighter light. As he tumbled with Ceridwyn, he rolled lightly and quickly brought himself to his feet, bow in hand and arrow in the process of being knocked for firing.

Realizing they were in the wide open and extremely vulnerable, Aeolis clenched his jaw and focused his attention to the left as he pulled the bow string back and felt the stif feathers of the arrow caress his cheek. As he heard the spidery words being spoken by the Draconian mages, he let his Elven eyes guide his aim.

With one final tug on the string he released his arrow and saw it fly through the trees. The Draconian was hit but not killed but it was enough to interrupt the casting of the spell. As the Drconian stumbled out into the open, Aeolis reached into his quiver and quickly fired off another bolt and then another for good measure.

The Draconian was turning to stone as it fell and when it finally hit the ground it crumbled into a rubble. Whirling about, he made sure Ceridwyn was holding her own and readied another arrow for firing as he turned in a tight circle and looked all around them. They had to move and now or risk the chance of being easy targets.

”We need to go! NOW!”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Ceridwyn focused and challenged the spell of the Draconian, releasing a blast of searing light. The spell shot through the trees, illuminating the darkness of the undergrowth, the Draconian was concentrating and never saw the spell coming. The white hot light blew a hole through the other mage’s chest and she fell backwards, hitting the ground with a dull thud.

Ceridwyn turned as Aeolis spoke, a thin layer of glistening sweat on her brow as the exhaustion was starting to seep in, “Agreed, I can’t keep this up much longer, come here.”

Aeolis came up beside her and she grabbed his forearm, hissing the spidery words of magic and throwing sand mixed with herbs into the air. The ground beneath them felt as if it was yanked right out from underneath them, keeping their stomachs. In a mere instant the felt the ground return to their feet, a quarter kilometer outside the forest boundary and on the open road that lead into Solamnia. She exhaled sharply and turned around to look at the forest, “Never have gotten used to traveling like that.” She turned and looked at Aeolis who was looking at her with a “why didn’t you just do that in the first place” sort of look and she simply smiled with a coy wink.

“Come on.” She grasped his hand and began leading him up the road. “There is a small village, about 500 people or so just over that rise. It’s called Hamish, nice little town, the humans are friendly because of their proximity to Silvanesti. We can get a couple rooms, a hot meal and some mead.”

She looked up at him and spoke as she gently squeezed his hand, “If you don’t mind, we need to look like a couple. Human males are um…, weak when it comes to an Elven female being in their midst, especially if she appears to be single.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:02 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Mythban2

Myth could only frown slightly before he wrinkled his nose at Rayann as she insisted on helping him remove his gear. There were simply some parts of tradition he never cared for but he was not about to argue over the matter. He could see the edge of an all to familiar smile forming on her lips and he did not wish to give reason for it to vanish.

"You know for some reason I was thinking about the inn on the Isles when I said that. However we are here at your ancestral home and I am fairly certain there were no servants here on our last visit... so in truth I was partially right." he grinned "The tea here is dreadful... with no one to make it."

Lifting his arms her let her remove the clasps and cooperated with every step. Once he was comfortable Myth reached back pulling the pin and thread that kept his hair pulled back letting his crimson mane fall loose down his back and shoulders. Popping his neck Myth sighed and sat down once more..

"Tomorrow may very well be more taxing than today was..."
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:39 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Pirabanner

To know that she was the one person Fifth trusted was of no surprise. They had defended each others back often enough to develop that mutual respect and trust. When Fifth came over to the desk and spread out the parchment Piramay slipped around to the opposite side looking down at the map that was laid out. Her eyes took careful note of the area as she scanned her own mind for a better visual of the region from her recent outings. The placements of the tower like drawings themselves made her curious at first.

Absently leaning forward Piramay focused on the details as they were laid out before her. With each part of the plan she could see why he needed the help to achieve his goal. The fundamentals of the task he was proposing were not unknown to her. The gathering and using of a soul to empower a spell or ritual was something she had dabbled with in theory but Fifth presented it in a workable form and on a scale far grander than the fire mage thought possible. Her eyes had lifted from the map and focused on the soul well. The hunger was ever present in her eyes as she looked at the object.

Pira stood from her leaning position eyes focused on the map. "A grand plan in both it's risks and rewards. As you have said the acquisition of the souls will be the simple part of the equation."

She tapped her finger to her chin for a moment before placing it upon the markings for one of the three towers. "The construction of the towers themselves will take some time. They have a specific purpose in this and thus will need a hand guiding their construction to ensure they function properly. That part isn't an easy task thanks to the inadequacies of those building them un-observed."

She crossed her arms getting a serious look upon her face "there is also the matter of our personal safety once the ritual has been completed. The working of magic will likely incapacitate us for days. This means trusting another with our very lives... it is not an impossible matter to handle but it will take time to find someone suitable that can be easily swayed against turning on us."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 am

The unexpected feeling of the ground giving way beneath them caused Aeolis to gasp. Even if he wanted to let out some sort of sound, he simply lacked the ability to do so. When they finally had the ground beneath their feet once more, he glanced around recognizing where they were located. When he looked back at her, there was no doubt what he was thinking and she knew it. She was playful, something he had almost forgotten how to be and in the sort of situation they had just come from, he was torn in his feelings. He should be angry that she could make light of the situation yet he couldn’t help but feel the corners of his mouth tugging into a small smile.

When she grabbed his hand and explained they needed to look like a couple because of the way the human males reacted to her presence, he furrowed his brows and thought this was a bad idea.

”Well…I hope I can play the part for you, Ceridwyn. I never found much time to court a female. Not that I did not want to. It is just that my work with the guard took up most of my time. I suppose that was my mistress.”

Still, when her hand took hold of his, he didn’t fight it. In fact, it seemed almost natural for his hand to close protectively around hers. Still on edge, though, Aeolis never stopped being the trained fighter he was. He was ready for anything.

As they made it to the top of the rise, he looked down on Hamish and saw the people milling about doing their daily routines. Some horses, a few cows, goats and the occasional chicken or three milled about as well. No one seemed out of the ordinary nor did the villagers appear to look nervous about anything. If any of the draconians were here, they sure were doing a good job of appearing normal.

As they got closer, he cold smell something delicious cooking and his stomach growled reminding him he had to eat, regardless. When Ceridwyn looked over at him, he gave her a blank look.

”The dried fruit we carry with us will suffice when we have nothing else to eat, but I have to admit, what ever is cooking smells absolutely delicious. And to be honest, this is the first time I have had a real appetite since….”

He didn’t complete the sentence as both of them knew what he was referring to. He let Ceridwyn guide them through the village and he saw what she was talking about. The human men stopped what ever chore they were doing and stared at Ceridwyn as they walked by. Without realizing it, Aeolis’ hold on her hand grew a little tighter and his brows furrowed. He couldn’t help but feel protective over the elfmaid with him especially seeing how much smaller she was compared to the humans now around them.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 am

The temptation was too great for Rayann and when Myth sat down, she joined him and began running her fingers through his hair. Sighing softly, she nodded in agreement with him.

~I tried to get into the tower before we were sent to the Myst Isle. There’s no doubt we will be tested once more. And it won’t be easy.~

Myth would be able to feel her anger surfacing again.

~What my brother has done is nothing short of desecrating our ancestral home. He took Papa’s tower and made it his own. I can’t let the Towers of Kells be used in such a way. Papa must be rolling over in his grave to see what has become of his children and how they have allowed his beloved Glen Durel become so tainted. I just hope we will somehow be able to restore everything and return it to its original beauty and grace. It would be a way of honoring Mama and Papa.~

Easing her fingers through his hair one last time, she laid her head on his broad upper arm and sighed heavily.

~One day, Myth….one day we will be able to spend some time with each other that isn’t stolen away like thieves in the night. Or where we’re resting from a confrontation. We’ll grow bored with the idle time we have.~

Rayann couldn’t help but chuckle then at the idea of Myth not having anything to do. Especially if he took his brother’s place fully, which was inevitable. Still, it was a nice thought.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 FifthBanner

Fifth listened to Piramay and then smiled as she referred to the construction and the protection needed, “Ahhh my sister, that is where magic comes into play.

He removed another scroll which had been buried in the deep folds of his robes and handed it to her. It was small scroll and the moment she touched it she would feel the enchantments that surrounded it, whatever was inside, Fifth wanted it to be kept secret. As she unrolled the silver parchment Fifth hissed words of magic and the jibberish on the page began to move and morph into a plan. The details of what would transpire began to unfold before her very eyes. The towers would not be built so much as grown, and in doing so they would become part of the landscape not over a series of months, but mere minutes. He leaned back on the desk and watched her as she read. A small fraction of their souls would be merged with the power harnessed in the soul well, and from that final key to the life force, the towers would become not only a reality, but part of each of them. The third tower would be created last, the energies from the first two towers twisting and synching up to create the “neutrality” between the two forces of fire and shadow, but still under their control.

“As you can see, the risk is considerable, but the rewards even greater.” His silver eyes panned over her face, he could feel her lust for power, it was as great as his own. “As far as protection goes, yes, I estimate that you and I will both be in a sort of stasis for some time, at least two weeks by my calculation, but in that time the ancient magic will protect us. Built into the plan are the wardings that will surround the whole area. The first, anyone that attempts to enter will be so stricken with fear they will not be able to maintain their sanity, dragon fear to be precise. The second warding will be drawn from your essence, the incinerating flame sphere, third, the landscape in a birth will be twisted with flaming shadow wraiths, not the simple shadow wraiths that only the most amateur of necromancers can create, but a new wraith, one of OUR creating.” He pointed to the newly formed diagram and Piramay would see exactly what he meant. “This is no small undertaking, we will need to be 100% on our game to make this happen.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 am

Ceridwyn could not help but see the conflict in his face, but when she finally cracked that shell she was seeing a new Elf coming through. As Aeolis spoke of his mistress being the guard she nodded her head, “I too have taken a spouse that does not hold you while you sleep. As most Magus, I married my moon.” She smiled and looked to the heavens and then back to Aeolis, “I was once involved with an Elf, he was a handsome fellow, strong and wonderful…” Her voice was slightly sad, and she left it at that. It was obvious she didn’t want to discuss the rest, at least not now.

She looked up as he mentioned food and she nodded, “Agreed Aeolis, we need a hearty meal and a good night’s rest, today was taxing enough as it was.” As they entered the town of Hamish, she glanced as the men stopped their work to stare. She was never sure if it was her white wizard’s robes or the fact she was an elf, but this happened everywhere she went. It was known among the Elves that human men had an insatiable attraction to Elven women, and with good cause, they were the most beautiful of all the creatures on Krynn, but for Ceridwyn it seemed unusually so. She knew that the presence of a mage was quite a head turner and she always associated it as the combo of the two. She felt Aeolis’ grip tighten and she squeezed back, ~ ‘Just relax Aeolis, they won’t approach, they see that I am “with” someone, and they will mind their business. Humans do know the appropriate levels on which they can tread. Seeing us together will eliminate, for the most part, any of them approaching us. Being a wizard brings mystery enough of its own, non-magic users don’t understand us and are prone to star just based on that.’ ~

He would hear the learned wisdom in her voice; this was obviously something she was used to. She looked up and smiled, speaking as she stared at a heavy oaken door, “The Inn of Silver Starlight.” She turned to Aeolis and smiled, “I have stayed here many times, the delicious food smells you are experiencing comes from within.” She smiled warmly to him and squeezed his hand once again, pushing the heavy door open with her other. The smell of stale ale and mead flowed outward as the fresh air plunged in. She spoke again, this time in missive; ~ ’Always full of wonderful, earthy aromas.’ ~ He would hear that playful sarcasm in her voice once again. She lead him to a small booth in the corner and sat, turning to look for a bar maid as she flipped the hood off her head. The men and women within turned to look and then went back to their business, being familiar with Elves due to their proximity to Elf lands. Ceridwyn looked across at Aeolis and smiled, “The saffron mead is wonderful here, but I would not recommend more than one glass.” She winked and smiled.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 am

The news of the failed attack on the Silvanesti didn’t set well with the mage. Family ties ran deep and to think they wouldn’t come into play was foolish to assume. Lips curled into a smile as the old human saying was remembered. ‘Assuming makes an ass out of u and me’. It was more than appropriate right now. And now, because of this failed attempt, it went without saying the Elves would know they were targeted for some reason. Even without Nim’Sul there were others who were not to be underestimated.

Slender fingers toyed with one of the rings that adorned them as the mage stood looking out the window of the residence they occupied. This was going to change everything. Not that a back up plan was difficult to come up with. After all, one didn’t make a move without having a back up plan in this day and age.

Hearing a soft noise behind, the mage turned to see the figure that walked into the room. The smile that had formed slightly on the mage’s face grew a little more at seeing who joined them. Walking over and placing a hand on the figures shoulder, they exchanged glances before the mage left the room followed by the figure behind them.

Walking to the far end of the residence, the mage walked through a door followed by the figure and once inside, the door was closed. Within this area the mage seemed to be more at home. Many tables were set up with different vials and pouches set neatly on shelves that were labeled in the delicate scroll writing of the Elves. On other tables containers bubbled gently and the aroma of regents and spices filled the air. The mage inhaled deeply and closed their eyes as the familiarity of the room settled about them.

Near the center of the room, resting against a large support beam, was a staff made of the blackest material ever seen. At times it seemed to shimmer as the light hit it a certain way and other times it seemed so dark that it swallowed up the light that tried to shine upon it. At the top was a large, violet colored crystal that seemed dull. As the mage walked by a hand reached out to gently caress the smooth shaft of the staff almost as though the hand were caressing a lover.

Looking over at the figure that still stood by the door, the mage smiled softly and gestured for the figure to join them. Soft words were spoken to the figure and soon, the mage and the figure were working together on gathering certain ingredients and mixing them together to collect them in vials or pouches then set on the shelves. The day would come when all of this preparation was needed and the mage wanted to make sure they were well prepared. Until then, time spent with the other in the room was cherished as their ability to absorb information like a sponge simply amazed the mage to no end. Already things were being handed without being told to do so now.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 am

Aeolis couldn’t stop the look that crossed his face when Ceridwyn opened the door to the Inn. He even pulled his head back slightly as the first, initial scents assaulted his nostrils. Hearing Ceridwyn’s mirthful missive, he glanced at her and wrinkled his nose in dislike. As she led him to a booth in the back of the place, Aeolis was looking at all the exits to make sure he had them all covered.

Once he got used to the way the placed smelled, he began to smell that wonderful aroma of food again and his mouth actually began to water. As Ceridwyn mentioned the saffron mead, Aeolis looked over at her as he pushed the hood off his head and quirked a brow at her.

”And what would you know about the saffron mead in here? I am beginning to see a whole other side of you, Ceridwyn. Who would have ever thought you were anything but proper and official? It does my soul good to see there is more beneath your layers than skin.”

As the serving wench came by, he glanced up at her then to Ceridwyn then back tot eh serving woman. With a small grin, he ordered their drinks for both of them and himself something to eat.

”Two of that wonderful saffron mead your so famous for and I will have some of what ever that delicious smell is drifting from your kitchen.”

The serving wench grinned broadly.

“Be glad to, dearie.”

Looking over at Ceridwyn, she smiled again.

“Is good to see ya back, dearier. Would ya like somethin’ t’eat as well?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 am

Ceridwyn couldn’t help but chuckle at Aeolis as he spoke to her, “There is much neither of us know about the other Aeolis, that is for certain.” As the Barmaid approached and Aeolis ordered, she simply smiled. When the girl turned and looked at her and asked her question Ceridwyn nodded and responded, “Yes Lilly, I will have my usual, and I would also like for you to bring some of those puffed cinnamon cakes for my friend here after the meal.”

Lilly winked at Ceridwyn and patted Aeolis on the shoulder as she turned on her heels and cheerfully walked to the kitchen. Ceridwyn watched her and then turned back to Aeolis, the look of curiosity on his face. She giggled and waved her hand, “Oh stop it, you’re going to love the cakes.”

She leaned back and giggled as she looked at him, shaking her head, “There is much that the Elves don’t understand about humans, their spirit to never quit is indomitable, and in my years of spending time with them I would dare say they are the most unique race on Krynn. Their pendulum can swing so wide however, the most tender and most cruel behavior comes from the same race, it’s baffling.”

She turns to the bar and observes two men, laughing and drunk on mead. “It never ceases to amaze me; they celebrate as hard as they work…”

She turns back to Aeolis after a moment and leaning forward on her elbows she rests her elbows on the table, placing her chin in her palm and staring across at Aeolis, not saying a word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6: Shadows Creep
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next