Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

4: Under the Cover of Darkness

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:00 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness ShulBanner

Shulamite was able to get up after lunch. Her head still had a massive goose egg on it and the headache lingered but she was as determined as ever to prove to her uncle she was worthy of his charge. She was in the lab working on reagents when Rorie came in. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and spoke as he placed a loving kiss on the back of her head.

“How are you feeling Shul?”

She turned and beamed at her uncle, “I am feeling better, still in pain but recovering.” He smiled and nodded, “Good, I am glad to hear it.” He turned and walked to his side of the lab and began to prepare some ingredients for a new mixture he was working on. Shulamite watched him and swallowed hard before she spoke, “Uncle?” Rorie turned and looked at her with his deep, sparkling blue eyes. “Tell me again about my mother.”

Rorie looked at her and smiled, but there was sadness in his face. My sister, your mother, was a wonderful woman, powerful and precise with her magic. She and I were able to connect, much like I have been teaching you. We could think and move as one, a harmonious dance on the battlefield which was an unstoppable force. We were on an adventure, something to do with a Solamnic Knight, he was trying to regain his honor or a foolish quest along those lines. Back in those days we would take on any foolish quest simply for the sake of adventure. We made our way with him, out of Gryphonledge and up the coast. We entered Witchwood and encountered a band of Magi bent on destroying him, apparently he was not a Solamnic Knight but an outcast who had committed a great evil. Rayann was one of the hunters, her and Myth’Alas the Silvanesti Elf who once served the Dark Queen. Immediately they demanded his release into their custody.

Obviously, we refused, not for any loyalty to the man but if the White Robes wanted him so badly, we knew there must be some great power within him, and we decided to find out what it was before letting a potential treasure slip through our fingers. Myth’Alas attacked first, and your Mother flung a barrage of Arcanic Missiles that practically took out the forest behind him. Being an Elf he was fast, too fast, and he managed to penetrate her attack. As one mind I was able to teleport her out of the strike of his blade, and he landed on solid ground, but there was no target. The teleportation was unfortunately also the undoing of your mother, she was outside our protective sphere, and Rayann caught her off guard with a blast of searing light. I died that moment, with your mother.”

He turned and looked at Shulamite. “It was the severing of our minds that killed me that day too. We were one, and without her I was disjointed and alone. You were only six months at the time, we had you tucked away so we could run this mission, hoping to be back in a week. Unfortunately our fate is not always ours to decide. Your Father abandoned you before you were born, thanks to the natural prejudices of the Elves, and so I decided that I would not allow my niece to grow up alone in a dangerous world.”

Shulamite walked across the room and hugged Rorie. He gently stroked her honey blond hair. The power within her was incredible, It soaked through her and surrounded everything she touched. He inhaled deeply and spoke. “Remember the legend of your Mother Shulamite, you will need to draw on the emotion of those memories when you and I confront Rayann, for confrontation is inevitable. Surly Rayann is more than she appears, and she is not to be underestimated. There are some who even rumor that she is mad, somehow managing to maintain her hold of the White Robes simply though her mental manipulation of the other Wizards around her. Her mind magic is powerful, too powerful for a white robe. She even communicated primarily through missive, which lets you know, she enjoys playing with people’s minds.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:41 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Mythban2

Myth was concerned to see Rayann in such a state. He got the strangest sense that it somehow involved their daughter Kali. Myth steeled his nerves as Rayann took his hand in hers knowing she was about to show him what was plaguing her mind. The elven prince was not expecting that he saw.

As he watched her take on her disguise to infiltrate Aeolis' room he grew slightly aggitated but only for a moment. While he did not approve she had managed to do something with relative ease that would have taken himself atleeast a small amount of time to plan. HIs attention was drawn to thing like she had been and he flowed with teh seen watching from her eyes. That battle was quick but Rayann's intent was clear. Myth could only close his eyes when he heard the scream.

As the scene faded away Myth took in a breath. The fear that she held in herself about what he thought was clear as day to him. As his mind analyzed things Myth cursed himself because he felt like a heartless monster. The woman Rayann was fighting was there daughter and Myth found it hard to be upset. With a sigh he lifted a hand to Rayann's chin using the cloth of his sleeve to dab away the tears. He spoke calmly and carefully.

"Rayann... do not worry about how I feel or how angry I may get. I am upset you went to investigate Aeolis' room on your own but at the same time you did it with an ease I could not have."

He sighed cursing himself once more "Do not fret over whether you hurt Kali. I felt the intent of your magic. Any damage you may have caused would have been superficial at best.""

He kept his eyes steady with Rayann's "I take no comfort in what I am about to say Rayann, but it has to be said. We can not fret over what harm may come to Kali. We will do what we can to minimalize when we can but your brother has tainted her mind against us. The gods themselves only know what lies your brother has filled our child's head with. Rorie will use the fact she is our blood against us Rayann. He knows we will be hesitant to engage her head on for fear of harming her."

Myth himself did not like the words he spoke but he knew what was at stake and he had to be the stone that Rayann could cling to in the harsh storm. "We have to do what we must without hesitation or it is going to cost us our daughter and our lives. Again I am not happy about what I say but I have travelled the roads of this world for to long and I have had to accept the harshest of realities. I hope you do not think me a lesser person for it."

He leaned up and kissed her forhead before pressing his own to hers falling silent. He was feeling particularly uncaring and heartless for hsi words but he knew they both needed to heaar them.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:48 pm

She looked out across the landscape. In the distance the fires of the Draconian armies burned sending soot and ash into the air. Her sharp Elven features flickered as the twilight sent eerie shadows across her face and she watched as the smoke gently ascended into the sky. How many times had she seen that sight, the smoke of burning villages as she and her uncle laid waste to those in opposition to the Queen’s will. If only her Queen could enter the world herself, how much simpler would it make things. She took in a deep breath and lifted her hands to her forehead, touching the knot left by the canopy of her bed as it crashed down onto her skull. She winced slightly as her finger brushed the wound.

Over an hour went by, she simply watched. Her dragon eyes brought the details in the distance into sharp focus, as if they were only a few feet away. She watched, breathing calmly, focusing, and feeling the magic of this world as it flowed. She looked up and smirked as she saw the almost invisible dark moon of Nuitari, what a fool to let his own mother steal magic away from him, some “master of the dark magic” he turned out to be. She lifted her hand and stared at her palm, whispering words of magic. Shadowy tendrils embraced her lily white skin and swirled like snakes wrapping themselves around a victim to squeeze the life out of whatever unfortunate thing managed to find itself captured in the powerful coils. She blinked and her lids followed the distinct texture of her reptilian eyes, she was still getting used to them, after all these years. She felt like that shadow serpent on her hand, coiled, about to seek out her victim, to wrap herself around her, to slowly squeeze the life from her and watch as the last breathes left nothing but hollow, dead lavender eyes.

“Rayann…,” she whispered the name, the murderer of her mother, the victim waiting to be snuffed out. “Rayann….,” the name caught behind her teeth as she clenched her jaw, the rage inside her building as she pounded the inside of her skull with all the thoughts about how the woman would die. “Rayann…,” the darkness that she would inject into her mother’s murderer, the pain she would inflict as she tore the woman apart with dark, ambient magic. “Rayann…” The name flew forth from her lips, she screamed it across the mountainside, the walls of this stronghold could not contain her voice, “RAYANN!!!!!”

Her head throbbed with pain, she used it to remind herself of the lost childhood she was a victim to! She used the discomfort as a reminder that she wouldn’t even be in this position if the woman who attacked her hadn’t also killed her mother! She felt her heart beating in the wound, faster and faster as she took quick, unsettled breathes.

She grabbed the duplicate quarterstaff and flung it across the room, it shattered a mirror that hung on her wall, the shards exploding out in all directions. She walked up and starred into the broken reflection of herself, the flame in her eyes as she found comfort in the thousands of ways she wished Rayann to die.

She stepped back to the window as she clasped her outer cloak, it was as inky black as her robes. The sweet smell of reagents penetrated her nostrils and she inhaled deeply, walking to the stand beside her bed that held the Staff of Winds. She grasped it firmly and the power within filled her, she had made connection with the staff, its magic was hers now and she embraced it lovingly. She walked to the door and into the hall making her way down the long hallway to the massive entryway of her Uncle’s castle. He was standing, waiting for her, his shadowy black robes seemed almost infinitely deep, as if one could walk right into them and fall out of existence.

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness RorieBlack

“Niece, are you ready?”

She looked at her uncles sparkling blue eyes, such a contradiction to the dark magic he could wield. She nodded her head once and spoke gently, “I am ready Uncle.” He smiled softly and reached up, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Worry not, we are one. Heed my training, remember what we have practiced, and we shall defeat Rayann and Myth’Alas easily.”

She looked up at him, her dragon eyes scanning his face as she spoke, “Let us go, and avenge your sister, my mother.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:42 am

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness RayannBanner

It was all Rayann could do to hold Myth’s gaze but she knew she had to. As Myth spoke to her, Rayann was able to feel the emotions within him and knew he didn’t like saying he words any more than she liked hearing them. It brought comfort to her knowing he wasn’t angry at her for engaging with Kali although he was agitated at her for taking matters into her own hands at first.

Rayann knew Myth was right though. Rorie had chosen their daughter to use against them on purpose. He knew neither of them would use deadly force against her. Or so he was banking on it. But Myth made a specific point to remind Rayann that no matter what, they HAD to save themselves and the people of Krynn in the end. If their daughter had to be sacrificed, they would cross that bridge when they got to it. But deep in the pit of her stomach, Rayann knew that while it would shatter her heart, she would continue on with the task she’d been given before she was born by the Gods. And right now, their daughter was the biggest threat to Krynn.

As Rayann felt Myth’s lips press against her forehead then find her own, she wrapped her arms around his neck and returned that kiss letting him feel just how much love she held within her for him. These moments like this were going to be precious and few from now on and she would relish every moment she could with him like this. Her voice slipped into his mind then and her voice was a quiet whisper.

~No greater person lives in all of Krynn. Mel’amin. As we have since we started out, we’ll face this challenge together and what ever may come from it, we will accept it and do what we must to insure life continues. I love you, Myth. With all my heart and soul.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:43 am

Shulamite and Rorie stood on the cliff side. Shulamites eyes looked over the vast army of Draconians, Warriors, Mercenaries and Wizards. They were at attention, 4,000 strong, looking up at the two dark figures on the rocky ledge overlooking their position. Rorie spoke, his voice was calm and though he spoke at a normal volume, magically the assembled army heard him.

“Today my brothers and sisters, we will deliver a great prize to our Queen. She will reward those of us who survive beyond or imagination. You all know the plan, and we will not settle for anything other than complete victory!”

The crowd roared, swords banged on shields, two handed weapons banged on chest armor and all at once 4,000 voices strong shouted “FOR THE QUEEN!”

The wizards moved to the front of the formation and began to cast their spells, opening portals to Silvanost.

Rorie looked at Shulamite and the shadows cast by his hood made him look ominous. He spoke to her, his voice was full of command, “Go forth my niece, I will follow on the mind link when it is time, be careful, and I love you.” She smiled and then her face twisted into a sneer, “Then let it begin.”

She vanished into a wisp of grey smoke.
--
The cobblestone road leading to the main gate of Silvanost was of obvious Elven architecture. It was ornate and over complicated, but in a way that exuded pure elegance and fine craftsmanship. From their posts, the handful of gate guards stood at ease, watching the forest. A quarter of a kilometer away a thin line of grey smoke appeared and shimmered slightly, right in the middle of the road. Four of the gate guards noticed the movement right away and turned to the gate captain. He ordered them forward to investigate and noted the disturbance in his log book.

The four soldiers of Silvanost brought their halberds low and advanced, their weapons trained on the thin slit of smoke that spiraled and swirled in the middle of the road. They stopped about ten meters away and watched with curiosity, the movements were mesmerizing, like a dance of hypnotic beauty. The corporal turned to the other three and spoke, “Eidali.” The three moved as ordered without hesitation. Then in the middle of the wisp appeared an orange dot, about the size of a glass marble, it shimmered and shined, growing in intensity. The Elves shielded their eyes as the tiny ball glowed so brightly it was like staring into the sun, and then an explosion rocked the forest, the report could be heard for kilometers, shredding the trees for a hundred meters in every direction. The four elves were instantly incinerated and the cobblestone road disintegrated into dust. The smoke slowly cleared and the silhouette of a single robed figure appeared; her head down. The alarms at the main gate instantly blared and guards scrambled to their positions, bows at the ready.

The figure looked up; from under the hood the Elves could see the flare of fire in the slit pupils, deep shadows masking the rest of her pale face. “IT’S THE WIZARD WHO KILLED NIM’SUL!” Shulamites lips curled into a sneer and she brought the Staff of Winds up in front of her as a hail of arrows was loosed from 2 dozen of the gate guards. The staff flashed a brilliant white light and a tremendous blast of wind exploded from where she stood, sending standing debris towards the gate, obscuring the vision of the guards as well as sending their own arrows back on them. Several of the Elves howled as razor sharp arrows pierced their leather armor and they fell from the wall. She hissed the spidery words of magic and drew in power, releasing a massive fireball that split into three halfway to the gate. The impact was like a meteorite and wood splinters exploded in all directions, taking massive chunks from the gate and setting the rest ablaze. The guards scrambled to get water buckets, and Shulamite shifted her weight into a leaned back, balanced position. The Staff of Winds was tucked under her arm as she brought her arms and hands beside her, palm to palm about 6 centimeters apart. She began hissing the words of magic and an incredible draw of magic started moving towards her, the space between her palms filled with inky black shadow that crackled with purple flashes of electricity and she focused her thoughts to cast her spell.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:18 am

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Maleelf

After Ceridwyn left, Aeolis stood in the center of his quarters brooding. His anger had no match right now and he was down right pissed Ceridwyn dared to enter his quarters the way she did and snoop around. He’d make sure that white robed bitch paid for what she did, one way or the other.

His thoughts of revenge were interrupted when he heard the explosions near the gates followed by the sounds of screams and more explosions. Running from his quarters he began barking orders at the guards who were off duty.

”Do not just stand there in disbelief! Gather your armor and weapons and defend the city! It’s what you swore to do!”

As Aeolis went to get his own weapons he was suddenly struck with a searing pain in his head that caused him to stumble and fall in his room. Clutching his head, he tried to fight off the pain but found the more he tried to fight it, the worse it got.

”By the Gods…..AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!”

His thoughts of gathering up his weapons and joining his fellow guards slipped from his mind and all he could think of then was finding Ceridwyn and thrashing her within an inch of her life before he slid his knife into her heart and stopping her heartbeat forever.

Slowly pushing himself to his feet, he found his knife and headed for the door. When he reached the doorway to the barracks, he looked tot the direction of the gates and thought he should be going that way instead. Another pain racked his head and he cried out again. No….Ceridwyn was the reason this was happening., If she’d left his staff alone, this wouldn’t be happening.

Pushing his way through the throng of people and soldiers, his eyes, now dark with shadows, searched for the face of the white robed bitch Ceridwyn. He needed to find her and kill her. Find her and kill her. Find her and kill her. Find her and kill her.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:37 am

Myth could only smile and stood reluctant to leve Rayann's embrace. Reaching into behind his person he drew forth the wooden box laying it on the table with a smile. "A gift for you... I hope you like it."

Myth set about to making tea for the two of them to spend their remaining time before the dinner in peace and silence. Darkness had began to settle and Myth roused himself from his seat to begin putting on his gear and armor. While he did not think going fully armored and armed to his father's would be well recieved given the events of the last couple days. He reminded hiimself it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Myth's thoughts were lost as he examined each piece before pputting it in place or securing straps. Other than the guantlets themselves the armor was a gift he had earned over the years from his sword master during service to the queen. However it bore no markings of the queen. Because of the need to mingle every so often and remain unseen it had been forged without many of the trademarks of a dark servant. The guantlets had been the one exception because Myth already possessed a pair that he insisted on using.

The detonation of a fireball roused Myth from his thoughts his brow furrowed. Within moments the call of an attack was beeing spread. This was far sooner than he had anticipated. Clearly some sort of agenda had been jump started and Myth cursed as he reached for a bandelier of daggers and locked his retractable wrist blade. A deep sense of forboding hit his stomach as he emerged into the main area of his home

"I think our family reunion is at hand my love."

There was a serious look of determination and concern etched into Myth's face as he produced two rings from his pocket and slipped one on each hand. On one hand was his family signet and the other a black pearl cradled in a mythril setting.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:49 am

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness CeriBanner

Ceridwyn was moving through the halls of the barracks and had just made it outside when the explosion erupted from the forest. Her eyes went wide as she saw the canopy of trees disappear and reveal open sky. The alarm blared and she ran towards the gate, up the outer stairs and to the top of the wall. She shivered as she saw the dark figure and she knew immediately who it was. The head of the guard yelled that it was Shulamite and she watched in horror as the blast of wind caused the arrows loosed by the guard to be used against them. The blast of air was so intense it knocked her off the wall and she cast feather fall, gently floating to the ground, landing nimbly on her feet. She spun and was about to yell to the guards when three more explosions hit the wall and sent wooden debris in all directions like daggers. She cast a protective sphere of light around herself and a wooden shard about the size of her forearm exploded into splinters as it hit the shield about where her chest was.

She gasped and turned, heading towards the taller, secondary inner wall, the original defensive perimeter of Silvanost. It was modified to be taller so that it could look over the main wall but was only half the thickness. She ascended the inner stairs and looked out across the spance between the wall and Shulamite. The Black Wizard was reared back and concentrating. Ceridwyn could feel the pull of magic gathering in towards Shulamite, but there was no tapping of the ambient magic yet. “By the gods,” she whispered, if this was simply the power of her magic before using the ambient, she was going to be able to raze all of Silvanost to the ground once she got going. Ceridwyn hissed the words of magic and cast in Shulamites direction. The spell placed a massive arc of light in front of her, a shield of sorts that would absorb or deflect whatever it was that Shulamite was about to try and do. In the chaos she never noticed Aeolis who was on the ground behind her, just outside the barracks, her white robes sticking out like a sore thumb against the natural colors of the wall and the forest behind her.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:55 am

Rayann began to feel herself calm and find her center once more. When Myth presented her with the gift, she opened the wooden box and looked at the rose. Its delicacy caught her attention right away and she gently picked the rose up from where it laid. Cradling it in her hand, she gasped softly as the rose bud actually bloomed as it lay on her palm.

~It’s beautiful, Myth. Thank you.~

Walking to the mirror, she placed the rose hair pin in her hair and saw the way it seemed to sparkle with life. Smiling, she turned her smile to Myth once more and nodded.

~I would be honored to wear it tonight~

Removing the pin from her hair she set it back in the wooden box and once more was amazed when she saw the bloom return to a bud. Closing the lid to the box, she set it on the night stand beside their bed then helped Myth prepare the tea. It was just what she needed and it helped calm her even more.

As Myth prepared for the meeting with his family, Rayann did as well. After a much needed bath and donning more formal attire under her robes, she was once more absorbing herself in her spell book when the sensation struck her so suddenly, she lifted her head from her book and looked towards the door.

The instant the thin, grey line of smoke appeared on the cobblestone road leading to Silvanost appeared, Rayann was very much aware it was there. Gasping sharply as she felt the disturbance in the magical flow around her, she knew something was about to happen. All too soon she felt the ground shake as the rumblings of an explosion rocked the ground. Even the trees that held the homes of the Silvanesti were not immune to the rocking.

The sounds of war suddenly filled the air along with the sounds of panic and chaos. Feet could be heard scrambling as they ran either towards or away from the destruction that was now raining down on them. As Myth appeared in the main room with her, Rayann looked over at him as he said the words each of them dreaded to hear.

~I fear you are right. What ever happens, we will have each other. Don’t forget that.~

With a wide circle of her hands, Rayann opened a portal for them to step through that would take them to the heart of the fray. When they stepped through, they were instantly transported to the gates. Glancing at Myth, Rayann knew this was going to be an all out fight. This day, many would die. Rayann just prayed they could somehow keep the number of Silvanesti on the low side but something told her not to hold her breath.

Seeing the gates in ruin and the many casualties that had already been taken, she knew this was no petty conflict. That was going to be all out war and the land of the Silvanesti was the unfortunate host of this war. As Rayann looked out and saw Kali preparing another spell and felt the draw of magic towards her, she quickly whispered a prayer to the Gods for their wisdom and strength to do what she had to do. As the flow of the magic around her began to flow through her, Rayann slowly drew her hands before her. Before her spell could be completed, she saw the arc of light and kknew one of the other mages was helping protect the city which would give Rayann the opportunity to make a defensive move and hopefully disrupt Kali's spell casting. Not to mention try to find a way into the girls mind to thwart Raroie's mind link he had established with her.

Rayann knew she would have to confront her daughter sooner or later, but right now she had to give the Silvanesti people the chance to seek shelter from this sudden and violent attack upon their home. Quickly casting another spell, Rayann sent a bolt of sheer energy towards Kali in an effort to distract her and find a way into the childs mind.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:14 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Maleelf

Aeolis zeroed in on Ceridwyn like a Minotaur zeroing in on a red cape. All around him death and destruction erupted but all he could do was stay the course he knew he had to stay. The white robe mage was doing her best to fend off shrapnel and block any more danger from reaching the city but Aeolis knew she wouldn’t be a match for the woman child on the other side of the gate.

With a maddening grin about his face, Aeolis moved up closer to Ceridwyn and was well within striking range when he pulled his knife back to plunge it deep into the back of the mage. But that’s when he stopped. There was a struggle happening in his mind and his heart. And it clearly showed on his anguished face.

What had Ceridwyn done to him that he wanted to kill her so badly? She violated the rules! But she did so out of concern for her people. People who sneer at you behind your back and think you a fool. She doesn’t deserve death. YES SHE DOES! ALL DESERVE DEATH!

Aeolis felt the searing pain in his head once more and he screamed as the pain grew maddening. He clutched his head as he held tight to the large knife in his hand and as he looked at Ceridwyn again, he saw red. She was the cause of the pain! She must die for the pain! No…she is innocent. No one is innocent! Kill or be killed! It’s the way of war!

Aeolis pulled his hand from his head and looked at the knife he held in his hand then looked to Ceridwyn as she tried to defend the city. Shouldn’t he be trying to defend the city as well? NO! The city will be no more! You will be sent to a magnificent castle when all is said and done! Where you will have loyal subjects to rule. More loyal than these pathetic creatures.

Aeolis screamed as the pain ripped through his mind again and he couldn’t take it any longer. Unable to stop himself, he lunged for Ceridwyn, the large knife raised high to penetrate deep into her body.

”DIE NOW!”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Ceridwyn turned sharply as she heard the scream, and took in a breath as she saw Aeolis lunge at her. She moved to the side but she was no nimble warrior, the blade caught her in the gut and she shrieked as the pain gripped her. Her pristine white robes drenched instantly with the crimson signature of her wound and she hissed words of magic, trying to concentrate, but it was no use. She was weak and the pain was too much.

Several guardsman witnessed the attack and grabbed Aeolis, yanking him off Ceridwyn, one of the confronted him, “Sir, what are you doing?!” The knife ran the Elf through, Aeolis face twisted in rage as her locked eyes with Ceridwyn once again as he pulled sharply on the blade, removing it from the dead guards chest. He lifted the knife above his head, no technique, just two hands clasped white knuckled on the blade and preparing to end Ceridwyn’s life. Three more guards tackled him and the blade went flying. He stood, fighting the men bare knuckled, practically taking one of their heads off with a stiff haymaker of a punch that sent the Elf to the ground, his jaw twisted and broken.

Ceri grit her teeth and made it to her knees, she exhaled sharply and drew in a breath, putting the pain out of her head. She released sparkling sand into the air and hissed the words of magic, Aeolis collapsed under the effects of the sleep spell, and Ceridwyn collapsed under the strain of her wound. She looked up at one of the guards and whispered, “Bind him…” just as the blackness of unconsciousness took her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Shulamite felt the magic in front of her and stopped her cast. Opening her eyes she sneered and waved her hand, an arc of shadow erupted and slammed into the spell before her, disintegrating it effortlessly.

She tucked the staff back under her arm and spoke the words of magic once again, her hands erupted in shadow and she thrust them forward, releasing a hissing sphere of shadow and purple electricity that erupted against the seam of the gate doors, exploding both of them off their hinges and killing several dozen Elves standing behind them. She readjusted and brought the Staff of Winds up in front of her, she whispered “Oshirak” and spoke into the top of her staff, it magnified her voice and all within the city could hear her.

“Your main gate is shattered, your walls will not hold back the horde, surrender now or you will all die, I will give no second chance, there will be no negotiations.”

The voice went silent and all the Elves around the impact area were recovering and attempting to readjust. One mage had brought down their wall, one mage had caused all this, what else was possibly coming their way?

Shulamite stood alone ever still, a solitary figure of darkness. A shadowy sphere emerged, surrounding her to thwart any attempts of attack. She brought the staff up as dozens of portals began to appear around the entire city speaking into it once again, “You have one minute to decide!”

Last edited by zinsk on Tue May 04, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Aeolis shrieked as he knew what spell Ceridwyn was about to cast on him. But it was too late. As he lunged for her yet again to kill her with his bare hands, he fell flat on his face in the peaceful slumber of the spell. It didn’t take the guards long to quickly bind him and haul him off. Tossing him into one of the empty cells, they closed the door and left to try and defend the city as best they could.

As Ceridwyn’s blood stained not only her robes but the ground beneath her, a pair of gentle hands picked her up and carried her slight form away from the terrible battle that was happening all around her. It was almost as if Ceridwyn and her unknown rescuer were oblivious to all the others that ran about to try and fight the enemy attacking their fair city.

Things grew very quiet for Ceridwyn and she felt a sense of peace and warmth. When she tried to open her eyes, a soft, feminine voice whispered to her. It sounded very much like Tanjee’s but Tanjee had never, ever called Ceridwyn Ceri.

”Shhhhhhhhhh….you need your strength to heal, Ceri. You are safe here. Let the magic heal you and when the time comes for you to awaken again, you will. Until then…there is nothing but sleep my sister in magic.”

There was only one who had called Ceridwyn that but…that was impossible. Tanjee’s mother, Marileldë, was dead. Wasn’t she?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Ceridwyn felt the warmth of a gentle spirit and attempted to open her eyes, but it was as if something was gluing them shut. She tried to speak, but she barely croaked and then the voice filled her. She felt the warmth of the light and the pain was manageable now. The sound of that voice, the calling of her name, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing, but, it couldn’t be… it couldn’t… She barely had time to make another attempt at speaking when she felt unconsciousness taking her again, this time however it was a warm feeling of peace and safety, the kind of thing a child might feel right before falling asleep in a parents arms.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Myth stepped through the portal and into the chaos. His eyes were scanning the battlefield taking in everything. This battle was going to cause a lot of damage if it went on for to long. Tightening one of the straps on his guantlet Myth saw the spell cast upon the wall and knew before looking Rayann was starting to cast her own magic in kind.

His eyes were cast in the direction of Kali but he was ever mindful of everything around him. As Rayann let the spell fly Myth stepped forward past Rayann drawing the Blue Moon. The runes gleamed with a pale blue hue and Myth stood silent and still as a statue a couple paces ahead of Rayann and just to her right so as not to block her view.

The feint cry of a females voice sounded from the walls where the other mage had been. Myth did not glance he simply closed his eyes for a moment before settling his gaze towards his daughter's direction once more. He took in a deep breathe and exhaled waiting patient as a stone. Almost instinctively he knew that Rorie was not yet there but had the ability to be at a moments notice. His mind linked with Rayann's a slight smile graced his lips before fading.

The main gates shattered and Myth began to walk towards the smoking remains. He heard the voice of the woman that was his daughter. His heart ached but his resolve held firm. Eyes were upon Myth as he walked to the gates. He spoke in a boomning voice barking orders to get the wounded moving and that all should fall back to the secondary line. There was no time to sit and weep. People scrambled and moved trying their best to do as ordered. Soldiers moved to form up on Myth but he waved his hand ordering them to the walls.

The terms were given and Myth drew the bow from his back. He requested a signal arrow from a soldier and when it was given Myth notched it in place. He gaze was steady and his aim was true. He let loose the arrow uttering hte word to light it for all to see. Myth knew the arrow would never reach but the signal was clear and it was aimed at his daughter's head (well a hair above it... damn elven accuracey).

The bow was cast aside and Myth stood like a sentinel waiting with blade drawn.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:11 pm

The spell cast by Rayann came flying out of the open gate and Shulamite reacted quickly, buffering the shadow sphere around her and bracing. The spell was powerful and it exploded against her shield. She grit her teeth as her body literally slid backwards several meters on impact and she pushed back, pressing magic into the sphere and stopping the spell from Rayann dead in its tracks. She looked up, flicking a lock of her hair that had come out of place back behind her ear. She saw Myth step forward and fire the signal arrow, clearly it was not meant to be an attack, but more a brazen shot of warning. Her own Elven instincts coupled with the keen accuracy of her eyes deduced immediately that the arrow would fly just inches over her scalp, and she stayed fast, the arrow zipping past and sticking in the ground behind her with a distinct thud.

The right side of her mouth curled upwards into a beautiful sneer and she whispered, “So that is your answer.” Her arms went up and she threw her head back, the portals erupted with a horde of ferocious creatures of all types. Irda, Draconian, Human and Dark Elves burst forth, smashing themselves against the defenses of Silvanost. Black and Grey robed Wizards stepped through as well, raining fire and destruction beyond the walls. Shulamite leveled her gaze and felt his presence, her uncle behind her. “Welcome to the party Uncle.”

Rorie looked over his Nieces head as he spoke, his eyes narrowed on Myth, “You have done well Shulamite. Now let us show them the true power of ambient magic.” He stepped forward and their robes touched, an intermingling of cloth forged a spark between them and hissing magic exploded in every direction. It was so strong that the ground quaked as it moved out in shockwaves, and Rayann would suddenly feel a sickening feeling. It was an after effect, not only feeling but seeing the instant spark of oneness that formed between Rorie and Shulamite, somehow, someway, Rorie and accomplished a complete mind connection with Shulamite. But there was also a tingle in Rayann’s frontal lobe, a feeling she had not felt in months, the same sensation that would occur when she connected with Rorie. Suddenly, she too could feel Shulamites mind, it was faint and distant, but it was there. Dark magic could be felt coursing through her daughter, the motion and movement of energies being pressed and twisted in order to accomplish the utmost destruction. Most importantly, she could feel that currently, and presumably as long as the two black robe wizards stayed in contact, their defenses would be completely and utterly impenetrable. Rayann knew this magic well, it was the same magic she had experienced her entire life until her mind was separated from Rories.

The pulse of magic coming off of Shulamite and Rorie intensified even more, and the two began to chant in unison, they were words the Rayann would partially recognize, intermixed with ones she would not, and then they chant shifted. Rorie continued to complete the incantation while Shulamite drew ambient magic into the collective, the sensation to any non ambient using magician would be felt for hundreds of meters, a sickening, wretching feeling of the shredded magic, Rorie’s eyes focused, there were only seconds left before he released a spell that Rayann could only imagine would take out hundreds of people in its wake.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:31 pm

As Rayann felt Myth within her, so did Myth feel Rayann within him. As Rayann worked as one with Myth, she settled her gaze on Kali. As the sphere appeared around Kali the staff began to glow allowing several ports to appear that would potentially allow the enemy to be transported to Silvanost, Rayann closed her eyes as Myth’s arrow was sent towards Kali.

Before the sphere was brought up around her, Rayann had found an opening in Kali’s mind that allowed her access to the girl. Shrouding herself carefully, Rayann began searching for that flaw that would allow her to eventually reach Rorie and sever the link he had with her.

What disturbed Rayann most were the twisted thoughts of revenge and hatred and the sheer rage she felt coming from the child of her and Myth. Steeling herself to not break now, Rayann clenched her jaw as she fought through the chaotic ramblings to seek that poisonous root that had taken hold.

What seemed like forever to Rayann was mere moments in the real world. She had to hand it to Rorie, he had done his homework well. But he remembered Rayann, the sister he once had. He wasn’t familiar with this Rayann. Pushing further, Rayann was beginning to think it was fruitless when she found what she was looking for. Now the most difficult and important part of the task would need to be performed.

Rayann locked onto the familiar signal of her brother and, as she stood behind Myth, her lips moved but no words could be heard. As she moved her lips in a silent spell casting, her hands clasped gently together before her that made it look as though she were praying and that wasn’t too far from the truth. As she asked the Gods for their strength, she prepared a spell she had been studying but had never cast as of yet due to the danger is could cause to the intended target. And while her target was not the mind before her, it was still a mind she linked to the one before her.

All noise was blocked out as Rayann concentrated. All she heard was her heartbeat, Myth’s heartbeat and Kali’s heartbeat. All three hearts were beating in perfect synchronization. And while she couldn’t hear any distinct difference in them, she knew exactly whose heartbeat was whose.

When she felt Rorie in her own mind as well as Kali’s, Rayann knew he was there, in the flesh now, and the time to do what she must do had come. As she felt that sickening feeling in her stomach telling her they were about to cast a spell so powerful it would annihilate everything in their path, Rayann reached out to the flow of magic around her and drew more into her than she had ever done.

With the aid of Myth’s mind linked to her own, Rayann did something she had never done before. Blinking out of sight of where she stood, Rayann suddenly blinked to stand only a foot before Rorie and Kali. Using Myth’s speed, Rayann reached forward and with all the strength she could muster, she placed one hand on Kali’s shoulder and the other on Rorie’s shoulder as she spoke one, empathic word releasing her spell, pushing both of them in opposite directions.

~SEMOVEO~

A bright eruption of a blue and red engulfed all three mages as the spell was cast on both Kali and Rorie. The strength Rayann had in her actions was not the strength she normally had. Her strength was much stronger than she was possible of containing. The word she spoke was a powerful severing spell intent on severing the link Rorie and Kali had with each other.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Rorie could feel the build up, magic was swirling around he and his niece of such intensity he could barely contain the sapping of strength against his body. He was merely half a second from releasing the single most powerful spell that would have ever been released on Krynn by a mortal, when a flash of light engulfed his brain. He saw black, then red, and then felt the crashing pain of impact as he hit the ground. Instinctually he hissed a spell, creating an extremely powerful barrier around himself, and then almost instantly a second spell that turned his skin as hard as dragon scales. He knew what was most likely coming, and as he shoke the daze from his mind he reached out mentally to find Shulamite. The searing pain hit him like a shot as the mind connection severed, and he wailed in anger and physical pain, gripping the sides of his head.

He wobbled to his feet and turned, looking at Myth, knowing that the Elf sword slinger would surly be following. Suddenly a barrage of shadow bolts and arcane missiles erupted as Rorie cast in all directions before him, seemingly simultaneously, he, like his sister, was capable of casting so fast it would dazzle the eye.
--
Shulamite was concentrating, she felt the pull of magic and as she interlaced the ambient magic around her uncle and herself, she knew the damage and destruction that was about to be laid onto the city of Silvanost would be epic. Her eyes were shut, she needed every ounce of her concentration while she wove the magic together, ambient and arcane. The only awareness she had was the electricity moving between herself and her uncle, the movement of two, working as one. They had done it so many times, they had practiced relentlessly, and this was now the magnum opus. The presence of Rayann was so sudden she didn’t even have time to break her concentration. The White Robed wizards hand hit her and the explosion that occurred was witnessed by every single being in the area, a dazzling array of darkness, red and white light, exploding into the atmosphere above the three wizards.

Shulamite felt the sensation of impact from her head to her toes, and her shoulder separated from the connection with her uncle. She soared through the air, landing with a stunning impact, the Staff of Winds coming loose from her grip. She rolled over and her head banged against a rock, splitting her skin open and she began to bleed steadily into her honey blond hair. The sticky liquid was warm and gelled quickly into her hair as it cooled. She moaned and felt the same dizziness she had experienced when the canopy over her bed had crashed down on her.

She reached forward and grabbed the Staff of Winds, bringing it to her chest and hissing magical words, more out of instinct than clear thought. The staff head glowed intensely and an arc of light engulfed her, encasing Shulamite like a mummy, protecting her from outside attack. She rolled over and attempted to get up on all fours, her knees weak as the pain in her head throbbed against her skull. She reached up and touched the back of her head, the blood made her hair feel nappy and dirty. She cursed under her breath and looked up, Rorie was on the ground, several dozens meters away holding the sides of his head and screaming as if his mind was being attacked, but Rayann was also laid out, blasted back as well. Shulamite was not sure of what Rayann had just done, but as she attempted to stand again, she had it on her mind to finish off the white robe once and for all.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:20 pm

By virtue of his heritage alone Myth could feel the draw of power being collected by Rorie and Kali. Whatever the two were casting it was gonig to be devastating. Myth was about to move when he felt the connection with Rayann strengthen and for a brief moment he felt the unified beating of hearts. It was one of the strangest things he had ever felt and it gave him a moment of pause before the sensation of Rayann's magic gathering brought his mind back to reality. He felt a draw from his being and then suddenly He saw Rayann before the two black robes reaching out to them. Myth flung up his hand as the magic erupted shielding his eyes from the light.

The smell of the expelled magic filled the air and all had gone silent. Myth quickly looked around noting that the eruption itself had bewildered many of the gray robed wizards and Myth could quickly accounted for Rayann, Kali, and Rorie. His eyes focused solely on the male wizard and Myth began to move. Already he could see Rorie and Kali rousing. His first instinct was to help Rayann but his eyes remained on Rorie as the wizard grasped his head screaming in pain before he started to fling magic wildly. Knowing the power that Rorie wielded this was not something that could continue for long, his path was clear.

Bringing Blue Moon up before him Myth charged in Rorie's direction. Behind him he could here the thunk of arrows as the elves began to take advantage of the break in the situation. Black bolts of power were flying in every direction and as Myth drew nearer to the source the runes on his blade glowed. Myth swung at a bolt in a swinging motion as it careened towards him. There was a brilliant blue light as the blade struck the bolt. A dark current of energy now ran along the blades length. Myth saw a gray robe off to his left preparing a spell and with a flick of the blade the cascading energy on Blue Moon erupted towards the gray robe. Myth ignored what happened as he burst into his full speed.

The distance would be covered in moments and as Myth drew nearer to the flailing mage he muttered a word touching the black pearl ring. The air within a ten foot radius of Myth shimmered for a moment and Myth began to slow slightly. One of Myth's specialties when he was the chief assassin was with magic casters. It was long thought his speed was the key because he could move and engage faster than a wizard could cast. While effective it was the ten foot magical dead-zone around Myth that gave him his true advantage. Blinding speed, superior combat skills and the ability to negate a wizard's power, all the trappings of a mage killer. With sword at the ready Myth slowed within five feet of Rorie with a slow and deliberate walk. Emerald eyes blazed with an inner fire as he looked upon the former white robe. He would have pitied the man once but not now, not for what he had done.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:35 pm

Rayann felt a searing pain in her head as the severance spell worked on both Rorie and Kali. The spell knocked her back and like Kali, her head hit hard on the ground, but not a rock. Still, she was dazed enough to feel a strange humming in her head and wonder what was going on. Everything was muffled. Rorie’s screams and the sounds of the battle around her. The only thing she COULD hear with certainty were the three heartbeats she heard prior to her spell casting.

As Rorie cast his chaotic dark bolts in all directions, Rayann felt the magic current around her swirling like a tempest in a storm. There was no set flow of the current, all she knew was that it was flowing, and rapidly. Rolling over to push herself up, Rayann wasn’t aware of the danger she was in from Rorie or Kali.

As she became aware of her surroundings, Rayann saw the utter chaos that once was a peaceful and quiet Elven city. War, as she suddenly realized, was uglier than any thing she had ever seen before and as she watched the way the magic in Krynn was being used in a perverted and disgusting way, she felt her heart constrict within her chest.

It became crystal clear to her now, as she sat in the middle of an epic battle and watched the world around her transformed into a place she didn’t recognize. She was a child of the Gods, given as a gift to this land by mortal beings. She was sent to save Krynn from being destroyed by those who wanted nothing more than to boast of their conquests and achieve greater material things. But Krynn was more than just material things.

The very essence of Krynn was a living breathing thing and as this living, breathing thing was being torn asunder by unnatural magic wielders and the want to conquer, Rayann began to feel as though her very soul was being torn from her being. She knew now what Krynn itself felt like. She watched as magic spell from a white mage was sent flying toward a black or gray mage. Both sides were dead set to kill the other. This wasn’t the way it was supposed to be. Slowly staggering to her feet, Rayann looked around her and saw that she literally stood in the middle of this fight, between Myth’alas, Rorie and Kali. Tears fell down her cheeks as she lifted her face to the heavens and held her hand up over her head as she spoke to the Gods above who seemed to have stopped listening.

”I know now what you’ve been trying to teach me all along. Forgive me for being blind to the ways of man. It’s not one side or the other that will maintain the balance. It’s the ones who stand in the middle, as I stand in the middle of my love, my daughter and my brother who are all at odds with each other who will bring balance back to the world. I beseech thee, Solinari, Nuitari, Lunitari, give me the strength to do your work in this world and end this battle and I give you my word I will follow the path you have given me to follow for it is the only way or world, the world you created. The world you brought me and my twin, Rorie, into can truly be saved. The world you allowed a Prince of the First People to meet me and find he was not who he thought he was. The world you blessed us with a beautiful daughter as symbol of the love we have for each other and this world. I, as your true daughter of mortal blood, pledge my oath to you.”

Dropping to her knees, Rayann bowed her head and leaned forward, stretching her hands out and pressing her forehead to the ground beneath her. Her voice was barely audible as she whispered in an emotionally filled voice.

”I beg you…..let us show our daughter what love she missed from her true parents and I know she will see the world as it really is and want to help right the wrong when the veil of deceit is lifted.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Shulamite stood, her eyes fixed on Rayann. She turned her head as her eyes caught movement. She saw Myth, or more appropriately the blur of Myth moving across the space between the wall and Rorie in a millisecond. She could feel the anti-magic energy burst forth from him and she knew it was going to be a disaster for her uncle if she didn’t intervene…

She turned her head again, watching Rayann, but she couldn’t move, she didn’t move, she simply stood, in awe, she could hear Rayann’s thoughts, Myth’s thoughts, there were prayers, and there were thoughts of revenge, prayers and revenge to bring justice for the theft of their… daughter. The world seemed be moving in slow motion. Shulamite turned again and looked at Rayann, prostrate on the ground; she listened to the prayer to restore their… was it really true? Was this her mother? Was this her father? But how…, no, Rorie had told her, she believed…her mother was dead, her father a son of a bitch elf that couldn’t get over the petty prejudices of his ancestry, the wound in her head throbbed as she tried to think, she could feel the blood still flowing into her honey blond hair.

Her mind was full of clouds; there was nothing but a foggy haze obscuring everything she knew. The truth, was not a truth, the realities she knew were falsehoods, tales spun and believed by the ignorant, believed by… her. She turned and looked at Rorie, she sent him a missive, but he did not hear. She wanted to ask him, she wanted to hear that this was all a horrific trick of a mad wizard parading herself around as a white robed mage, a lunatic who was selfishly advancing herself through the ranks of sorcery … She shifted her gaze, Myth was moving ever closer, there was blood lust in his eyes, and she could hear his thoughts… “How dare you steal my daughter you piece of shit!” She turned, Rayann was still in prayer, pleading her allegiance to the moon gods, asking them to beseech her and give her the strength to restore balance, …. balance…, restore true magic, the purpose of her and her… twin. She turned and looked at Rorie, how on Krynn had she not seen it, how the hell had she not seen the faces, how they matched, the casting was identical, he was nothing more than the broken relic of a plan, a mad man that had done…. Something, she didn’t understand how, or what, but she knew this was the truth, she could, feel it.

Shulamite was torn in the maelstrom, she felt her world being shredded and she needed time, space, the quiet to think. She watched, Myth’s cold calculating stare, the stare of fate, death was imminent for Rorie, it was merely a matter of the cut, a cut that was beginning even as she watched, the thrust of the blade was in motion, the movement of certain death strung by the fierce arc of blue runes, tracing their path like a Marionette to the exposed neck of a helpless wizard on his back, and then suddenly, Rorie vanished. Her hand outstretched, she watched over her fingertips as Myth’s blade sunk into the soft soil, her teleport evil spell had put Rorie right in the throne room of Tahkisis, he would face his Queen, he would explain things to her in her court, he would see a fate worse than any death that Myth could bring him. She looked at Myth as he turned his eyes to her, he would see it in her eyes, the revelation of the truth.

She turned to Rayann, her eyes fixed on the pristine white robes, the prayer was concluding in her mind, Shulamite could hear every word. Her gaze went from the robes to her…. Mother’s face…. she fixed her gaze on Rayann’s lavender eyes. Shulamites face was like stone as Rayann looked up, eye to eye with her daughter. Shulamite hissed the spidery words of magic, the portals closed, the army of the Queen of Chaos went into panic and began to scatter, pursued by the Elves of Sylvanesti. Turning and looking at Myth, she inhaled deeply and then turned, walking towards the darkness of the forest, she couldn’t, there was no honor in this, no victory, just clouded confusion and too many questions. If what she felt was true, there was no forgiveness, her anger seethed within her, she clenched her teeth and it felt like her teeth would shatter under the strain… what in the Abyss had she done.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Myth could only stare daggers at Rorie as he approached. A small smirk on his face as he watched the magic in the wizard's hands fizzle. He had seen it happen many times and it always brought a smile to his lips, but not this time. He looked upon a man deserving of what was to come. He could not fault Rorie for his choice to enact revenge upon his sister, but the lengths he had gone through. Myth could forgive a man for many sins but to steal ones own niece to twist and pervert her against her parents. Myth was unsure if there was even a fitting place in the underworld for Rorie.

Conflict surfaced in his eyes as he held his sword. Was this man worthy of redemption as he himself had been. Could he turn himself around and serve the greater good. With a heavy heart Myth stood as judge and executioner. He knew that the death of Rorie would be a great blow to Rayann but the wizard had committed to much evil. Myth reminded himself that now more than ever was the time of resolve. His sword came out touching lightly upon Rorie's neck before he drew the blade up.

Rayann's prayer to the god's echoed in his mind and he steeled his resolve and tightened the grip on his blade his eyes closing. "Mel'Amin forgive my actions" he whispered

His eyes snapped open and his blade came down. Rorie vanished as his blade was about to sever the wizard's neck. Dirt flew and Myth looked up in the direction of his daughter. What he saw he did not expect to see, clarity only truth could bring. He lifted his sword as Kali closed the portals and slid it into it's sheath. HE could see the confusion in her movements and knew what she must be thinking. He could only watch as she turned to disappear into the forest.

HE looked to Rayann "Go after her Rayann... I need to deal with the city's defenses."

Rayann could feel he wanted to go but the needs of the people came before his needs as a father. He began to bellow orders to the men turning his attention to mopping up the mess Rorie had made of his home.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:47 am

Rayann squeezed her eyes shut tight when she heard Myth’s words for her to forgive him. She had lost her brother when he turned to the Dark Queen and made their daughter a puppet for his own revenge. Any hope she had of restoring any sort of amicable relationship with him had crumbled the instant she discovered his betrayal.

Slowly Rayan rose to her knees and looked up at Kali. There was something different about the way she looked at her. Gone was the sheer hatred, the chaotic rage. All Rayann could see now was disbelief. But there was something Rayann could FEEL different about Kali. There was…..a sense of…..clarity.

Glancing around her, Rayann saw that things were starting to turn in favor of the Elves. As the portals were closed, thanks to Kali, the armies of the Dark Queen were cut off from their fellow soldiers and knew they would soon be outnumbered.

Her eyes then traveled to Myth as he stood, seething at the fact his blade was denied the opportunity to kill the man who had caused his own flesh and blood to turn against him by twisting her with hate. Their daughter now knew the truth and the moment Kali realized it, they could feel it in their very souls.

As Rayann watched the daughter that was her and Myth’s turn and walk away, she heard Myth’s words. Without hesitation, Rayann stood and took a step towards their daughter and stopped. Her voice was a soft caress in Kali’s mind as she reached out with an emotionally filled missive.

~Don’t go. Please….stay with us.~

When Kali stopped to look at Rayann she would see the woman standing there with her arms at her side, palms facing outward. But it was the look in her eyes that would speak the most volume and once more, Rayann felt the three heartbeats so clearly within her. The same heartbeats Myth and now Kali could feel as well.

Those of a family united after a great rift had been sealed.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:20 am

Shualmite stopped when she heard Rayann speak into her mind. Her eyes squeezed shut as she forced the tears back into the ducts. She stood a long moment before turning to face Rayann. Her face was still like stone, almost as if she had just witnessed a horrific accident and was still in complete disbelief. She could now physically feel the thickness of the fog in her brain, it was palpable and she took in a deep breath as the veil of lies hung, looming over her thoughts. Her uncle, all these years, he had been manipulating her by use of a spell to shield her from her own mind.

She looked at Rayann and shoke her head very gently, her chin dropping, the proud face downcast in a stare of regret. Her voice came through shakes, “Rayann… I… I’m sorry, there is nothing for me here. I can’t stay.”

She looked up, her dragon slit eyes looking directly at Rayann’s. “I cannot enter the city of Silvanost, the Elves would destroy me, and rightfully so. I cannot enter into your arms, or …. fathers, and rightfully so, what I have done is beyond injustice, it is at best a travesty. I need time to think, I need to clear my head.”

She inhaled deeply again and was about to turn and leave, then it hit her, she had nowhere TO go. Her whole life had been lived in the comforts of Rorie’s castle. She had servants of her own, good food, a lab, training facilities, a study, endless book of magic she could study, and now, she had her spellbook, the robes on her back, and a staff that technically belonged to someone she murdered. These thoughts passed and she turned to leave, speaking in missive to Rayann.

~’I don’t know when, or how, but perhaps we will meet again, when I am worthy’~
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:10 am

~ You’re more worthy than you know…. Kali please~

Rayann knew what Kali was realizing. Knew she literally had no place to go. Knew she was a child alone. And knew she was in morbid danger now.

~You can’t be alone right now. Not literally. You’re in too much danger. Your talents as a wizard are incredible, to say the least, but if you try to go out there alone, you will be hunted mercilessly. We can protect you. We can help you. We can teach you. We will find a way.~

Rayann blinked and now stood in front of the girl a few feet away.

~I’m not asking you to pretend as though nothing happened. But I am asking you to please not walk away. You will need all the help you can get right now. You’re just beginning to realize the truth and the shock of it all is almost too much to bear. I promise we will not smother you. But you can’t be alone. It’s too dangerous. And we just found you…..~

The thought Rayann would possibly lose their daughter again was so overwhelmingly sorrowful that even her missive couldn’t be completed. She stood, not even daring to breath, hoping beyond all hope that somehow, someway, their daughter would agree to stay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4: Under the Cover of Darkness
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: PORTALS OF ASGARD - Other worldly tales :: Shards of Krynn :: Shards of Krynn Book 1-
Jump to: