Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

3: Trials by Fire

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
serredeth

serredeth

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:53 pm

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Mythban2

Time was irrelivent to Myth as he moved towards Shulamite. He could feel the draw of power as he passed her and as he spun drawing his blade he could spot the exact moment that Shulamite made her move. He could only admire the timing and the planning she likely went through to coordinate it. However Myth was committed to the path and even though he wanted to his blade could not be halted.

Watching the blade glide through the bindings he could recognize the script written there in. His eyes closed as he completed the swing and the voice of Nim'Sul range out through the tower. He could only make a silent prayer and mutter a vow to avenge his father's must trusted friend and advisor. Shulamite's voice range in his ears and Myth opened his eyes and began moving again. He knew what was coming sure as the sun would rise.

She had come here to ultimately kill Nim'Sul and she had used them both to do it. However Myth's concerns were now about the people outside the tower. He knew Rayann would be upset with him but there was no time to loose he had only precious moments to act and they were dwindling fast. Myth vanished from sight once more and in a blink Rayann would feel his arm grasp her. Moving at his pace felt like being pulled by a tornado and the tower would vanish replaced soon by the sky. As she was carried she could here Myth muttering beneath his breath."

((I really am not in a position to find the elven for this.))

"My will is my power, My soul is my strength... by the will of my people and the blood in my vains am I given the power to protect this land..."

All at once the world came to a halt as Rayann was lowered to the ground. Myth twisted looking up at the teetering tower his hand reaching for his sword. Time lost all meaning in the warriors mind as he drew in a breath. He slipped hisright foot forwards crouching with hsi hand on his blade. Eyes closed he focused running his thumb across the runes on the blade hilt. Myth was the first in his line in a millenia that could call upon the power of the blue moon, but some powers had a cost. Myth let out a breath as he gripped the blade. "Blue Moon... split the sky and let you blade shine like the heavens."

The tower began to lean and Myth took in a breath. "My will is my power, my soul is my strength... take from me what is needed to protect my people."

Far and wide the ringing of the sword was heard as the tower began to fall. It was said in elven legend that the blade had once split a mountain and on this day the people of the city saw that sometimes legends were true. The sword was drawn and the strike was made. The air crackled with raw power as the sword drew from Myth all his strength, will, and essence and turned it into a gleaming blade of power that smashed into the collasping tower. There was an explosion that rocked the forests as the tower errupted into dust and debris. After several minutes the winds conjured by the city mages began to blow the dust away. The tower lay in rubble upon its foundation as the crimson mane of Myth blew in the wind. The warrior sheathed his blade looking upon the wreckage. His eyes blazed an etherial blue and he spoke but the voice seemed other wordly. "The deed is done and the price paid..."

The glow faded from Myth's eyes before he colapsed to the earth. His breathing was shallow and his heartbeat was almost unnoticable.

((This is something that can only be done in very specific circumstances and will not likely happen again for a loooooooooooooooong time.))
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:57 pm

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 RayannBanner

Rayann watched the events unfold before her as though she were watching them in slow motion. Even if she wanted to she knew there was no time to tell Myth to stop. As Myth’s bloved blade cleaved the spell book in half and the pages of sacred text went flying into the air like yesterday’s trash, Rayann felt her heart constrict within her chest. The sound of Nim’Sul’s anguished cry would forever haunt her until the day she died, of that she was absolutely certain.

As Shulamite’s last shockwave began to bring the tower down around them, Rayann suddenly felt Myth’s arm grab her. The air was forced from her lungs and the more she tried to gasp for the precious element, the harder it became. The crumbling tower became a blur, as did everything else but the sky above her. The sound of Myth chanting something in his native tongue filled her ears and she let that be her focus.

As suddenly as she began to move, Rayann came to a halt and the next thing she knew she felt the soft, green grass beneath her. Blinking and taking huge gulps of air into her burning lungs, she tried to focus in on what was happening. As her senses came back to her, Rayann saw the tower lean dangerously and Myth’s voice once more saying something in his native language. Her eyes watched as Myth withdrew his blade, ran his thumb over it and spoke the words she had yet to understand.

Just when it looked like the tower was getting ready to teeter over and crush a large portion of the Silvanesti city, Rayann heard the unmistakable sound of a blade hitting something solid and a brilliant light bathed the area. The ground rumbled and vibrated with the sheer impact of the tower and blade and dust seemed to choke the city. As the mages began to clear the dust away, Rayann got to her feet on shaky legs and looked frantically for Myth.

She spotted his red mane instantly and began walking towards him that quickly turned into a flat out run when she saw him collapse. The silence that filled the air after the towers collapse was broken by the sound of her voice as it screamed his name.

”MYTH!

When Rayann reached Myth she dropped to her knees and immediately checked him over. He was alive, but barely. In fact, Rayann wasn’t exactly sure he would even survive. The pain in her chest as her heart once more constricted within her chest was almost unbearable and she felt tears sting her eyes. Feeling as though she’d lost everything, she leaned over Myth’s prone form and cradled his head tenderly in her lap.

She was no healer by any stretch of the imagination but her love for Myth was strong and if there was any way that could help him, she would give up her life if it meant he would live. She was truly alone now. Her beloved twin was missing. The only true friend she had in this Elven city was now dead and the Prince who had just returned and been accepted again by his people now lay all but dead. And there was only her to blame for all of it. But Rayann was determined to stay by Myth’s side for as long as she would be permitted. There was no place else for her to go and now more than ever she and Myth would need each other.

Rayann was still cradling Myth’s head when she felt a gentle touch to her shoulder and saw the familiar face of Tanjee kneeling down next to her and some other Elves gathered around as well.

”Rayann….it’s OK…..we will take him to the Tower of the Stars so the Speaker of the Stars and the healers will be able to help him. I promise not to prevent you from going with us….but once we reach the Tower of the Stars, you will have to do as the Speaker says.”

Rayann merely nodded and let Myth’s people take him. She followed along beside Myth holding his limp hand in hers. As they approached the Tower of the Stars, Rayann felt as though she were being led towards the gallows. Certain this would be the last time she would see Myth or even be allowed in the city, Rayann couldn’t bring herself to look at anything but the ground as it passed under her feet.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:16 pm

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Healer

Tanjee and Kwinn had enjoyed the day together getting to know each other better. The word of Myth’s cleansing came as joyous news to the healer and it was with a lighthearted smile Tanjee showed Kwinn around the beautiful Elven city. She watched as Myth and Rayann made their way to Nim’Sul’s ivory tower once more feeling as though the weight of the world had been lifted from her shoulders.

But when the series of loud explosions came from the ivory tower, she, along with the other citizen’s, grew extremely concerned. The other mages throughout the city gathered to try and find out what was going on. As the beautiful tower began to fall apart and Myth emerged with a stunned Rayann, Tanjee felt as though the world was crumbling down around her just like the tower that was getting ready to take out half of Silvanost.

As Myth released the power of Blue Moon and ultimately saved the city, Tanjee could hardly believe her eyes. When the mages cleared the dust from the air, Tanjee saw Rayann kneeling next to Myth’s prone form and she immediately started running towards them. Tanjee’s heart sank and she felt as though the hope that had been restored to her people had just been wiped away by this devastating event.

When she reached Rayann, she saw the human mage cradling Myth’s head in her lap and Tanjee thought Myth was dead but as she grew closer she held her hand out to check for life. Myth was still alive, but barely. What ever he did to get Blue Moon to do what it did took a toll on his body.

Seeing the look in Rayann’s face, Tanjee knew she was in shock and Tanjee knelt down next to her gently placing her hand on Rayann’s shoulder.

” Rayann….it’s OK…..we will take him to the Tower of the Stars so the Speaker of the Stars and the healers will be able to help him. I promise not to prevent you from going with us….but once we reach the Tower of the Stars, you will have to do as the Speaker says”

Rayann nodded and Tanjee looked to the others gathered around and nodded. Gently, Myth’s body was lifted and carried to the Tower of Stars to begin the healing process. Tanjee hoped beyond all hope they would e able to help the Prince regain his strength and restore the hope back in her people again.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 am

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 ShulBanner

The dark vapor hovered over the city a moment and then faded off behind the tree canopy. before finally vanishing from sight.

She appeared at her Masters lair, he was waiting for her. She bowed her head low as she took her full physical form standing before him. Looking up from his work his sharp eyes pierced her, looking beyond the physical and taking in the magic that surrounded her. “It is done?” “Yes Master, Nim’Sul is dead.” “And the twin?” “She lives, but I was discovered before I could arrange things. The opportunity arose just as you said it would, so I activated the plan.” He stroked his beard gently and nodded, speaking softly. “It is not surprising, Rayann is incredibly perceptive, she has the gift of seeing beyond and piercing the mask. You responded well, through the scrying stone I was able to observe the tower falling. It would have been better if the tower had fallen onto the city as planned but The Elf Prince activated the power of Blue Moon, something we could not have anticipated. This is nothing you could have prevented.”

He stood and walked over to her, placing his hand on her shoulder. “No matter about Rayann, she was a target of opportunity, the real target was Nim’Sul, and you have accomplished the task with the utmost efficiency. I am proud of you Shulamite, you have done very well.” She beamed and bowed her head respectfully to her Mentor. “I thank you Master.”

--

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 NimsulBanner

Nim’Sul felt as the energies of ancient magic began to build, he could hear the chaos below as the Elves mobilized and attempted to remove themselves from the path of the tower. The floor was sliding away beneath him and the motion was causing him to shift towards the wall. He clutched at his chest as he breathed, the pain becoming more and more intense, this was not a slow death…

The flash of blue light came in an instant, but a lifetime of memories flashed through his head despite the speed of Blue Moon's strike. He remembered his creation from the Greystone, walking and seeing the wonderment of the land. He could see his own Mentor, his face bright with pride as Nim’Sul accomplished his wizard tasks. His trials and the death he narrowly side stepped to pass. He could see the white moon, hanging delicately in the night sky, bright and casting rays of hope onto a planet whose inhabitants were slowly letting go of tradition and turning their backs on the gods. Images of the Kin Slayer war, and the foolishness of it all rang through his memory and he felt the sadness of watching his kin kill their own kind for the sake of meaningless differences in opinion. Finally, as the arc of blue began to rupture the roof, he saw the faces of Rayann and Rorie. Rayann was bright and full of warmth, and Rorie was at first, but then his face twisted and fire lit behind his eyes. The face opened up and fangs appeared. The head turned and was about to devour that of his sisters…. His sister, Rayann… Nim’Sul lingered on her as the arc came closer and closer. How he had wished he could have spent more time with her now that she was an adult. How he wished he could have brought her up to the top most lair of his residence and shown her all the wonderful things a lifetime as a Wizard had brought him. It had been his plan from the moment he saw her two days prior, he was just waiting for the right time, a time which would never come. In slow motion the blue arc came closer and closer, the pain in his body welcomed the coming relief and he closed his eyes as he felt the flesh of his body evaporate into dust.

An alluring blue and white explosion rippled out the instant that Nim’Sul was destroyed. It was a phenomenon that most might have missed, thinking it was only part of the dazzling display and effects that Blue Moon had created. However, those with a sense regarding magic would see the final pulse of his life remain, lingering a few seconds over the city and the people that he loved so dearly before the magical winds of the city magi blew the dust and scattered it across the forests of Krynn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Rayann was allowed to stay with Myth for a long time. Once he was settled into a room on the far side of the Tower and the healers and magi did what they could for him (which wasn’t a lot) they left her alone with him.

She should have tried to get some sleep but her heart and mind simply wouldn’t let her rest. Not to mention she tried to reach through the blank emptiness of Myth’s mind to find him and reassure herself he was alright. But even that brought her no comfort. It was like Myth was just….gone. While he still breathed shallowly and a fain heartbeat could be felt, that was about the only thing that gave any indication he was even still alive.

Rayann began to question herself in the darkness of the night. The sun had long set. The people of Sylvanost mourned their greatest Mage of not only their fair city but all of Krynn. Their returned Prince was now seemingly at deaths door. The grand Ivory Tower of Nim’Sul had been reduced to dust. Her beloved brother was no where to be found. And they all had one thing in common.

Her.

For the first time Rayann saw an empty future that made her feel so isolated she wondered how she would ever make it on her own now. She brought nothing but death and destruction where ever she went. Her once perfect world was no shattered and laying in a million shards at her feet.

As she looked over at Myth’s handsome face, Rayann couldn’t help but feel another wave of despair wash over her. If he died because of her inadequacies she would never be able to live with herself. Already the guilt of Rorie and Nim’Sul weighed heavily upon her and the weight of that guilt felt as though it were crushing her.

Rayann never knew how deep her love for Myth ran but seeing his near lifeless body on the soft bed beneath him made her realize she loved him more than she could ever imagine. She should leave him and this place before she caused any more harm but he was the one and only thing she had left to hold onto. Was it so selfish to want to be with him when she had nothing left? Yes. It was. But to think of abandoning him now seemed foreign to her for some reason.

Her childlike voice broke the silence of the room that surrounded her in an effort to keep herself from feeling the world collapse in on her. Sitting next to Myth she held his hand in hers and tried to let him know she was here, should he need her for anything.

”I’m so sorry, Mel’amin. I thought my vision was the right path to take. To return to your home was the most important thing for not only you but all of Krynn. Now….it seems like I’ve done nothing but brought death and despair to an already hurting people. I only wanted to do what was right for you….for Krynn. I suppose I should know better than to think the well laid plans of mortals was nothing but amusing to the Gods.”

As she spoke to Myth, she once more tried to make that deep, subconscious connection with him only to find emptiness again. Turning her face to the open window in the room, she could see the darkness of the sky and the stars as they twinkled in the heavens.

”What am I suppose to do now? If you gave me this gift, then I beg you please….help me use it to help these people and the rest of Krynn. Please….”

Turning back to Myth, she leaned her head down and pressed her forehead to the back of his knuckles as she tried to make sense of her life and everything in it now finding it near impossible through the numbness of the emotional pain she was feeling.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:23 pm

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 CeriBanner

Rayann’s grief filled the room and her sadness could be felt by anyone that entered. It was justifiable, and all of Silvanost was mourning with her. Their Prince, the light, the champion who had returned lied in state, and news of his condition was sparking rumors that were seeding fear. The light that seemed to have returned to the heart of the Silvanesti was being blown out before their eyes.

Rayann, on her knees, at the bedside of her beloved suddenly felt a warmth fill the room. It was a warmth that was like the golden sun on your face, it penetrated the bones and caught your breath. A small, loving hand touched her shoulder and a crisp, Elven voice broke the silence, but just barely above a whisper.

“Rayann Padraig, worry not about the Elf Prince, he will live.”

When Rayann turned to look, there before her was a beautiful Elf Woman, her face was full of kindness and grace. Her eyes held Rayann’s with depth, and within the gaze was captured wisdom and knowledge. Her smile was a mixture of sadness and hope, and she spoke again.

“I am Ceridwyn of Silvan, Archmage and Chief Wizard of the High Council of Sorcery.”

The words would ring in Rayann’s ears. Every Mage of their affinity would know the leaders of their faction, but Ceridwyn was the name of names, the Head of all factions of High Sorcery. She looked down and offered Rayann a hand so she could stand up.

“I assure you that Myth’Alas will be fine. Please come with me, we have much to discuss.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Rayann was at first dazed by what she was experiencing and when she first looked up at the voice that spoke to her, the bewilderment clearly shown in her eyes and on her face but the instant she heard the name, Rayann knew exactly who was in the room with her and why she felt the things she did.

As Ceridwyn offered a hand to Rayann to rise up off her knees, the human mage slowly laid her hand in that of the Elf and rose to her feet to stand on shaky legs. As Ceridwyn explained Myth would be fine and go with her, Rayann gave a worried look then glanced down at Myth before she looked back to the Elf and nodded her head.

”I’m sorry, Ceridwyn. I didn’t mean to bring this destruction and….death to the beautiful city of Silvanost. I was merely following the vision I had where Myth was home and reunited with his family and people. I should have known I was inviting trouble. If the High Council wishes me to leave, I will do as they request.”

Rayann was certain she was getting ready to face the High Council to be ordered to leave the area for fear of bringing more of the Queens minions tot heir home and causing even more destruction. The fact she might have to leave Myth made her heart ache even more but she tried her best to be brave and face what ever sentence they handed down to her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Ceridwyn helped Rayann to her feet, and Rayann would instantly realize that it was one of those rare times in her life where she was looking down at the person she was talking to. Ceridwyn was an average size Elf Female, standing just under five feet tall. Her face was calm, and in a lot of ways resembled the look that always seemed to be on Nim’Sul’s face.

They walked into the main dwelling in town center where the Speaker of the Stars lived, but also the castle so to speak, where many Elves of importance came together to work and govern. Ceridwyn didn’t say a word, but somehow Rayann knew exactly what direction Ceridwyn was going. Rayann heard Ceridwyn’s voice enter her mind, ~“Relax young Rayann, all will be revealed in time.”~

They continued deep into the building of governance and finally came out the other side to a terrace that overlooked the royal gardens. It was the most breath taking sight that Rayann had most likely ever seen. Ceridwyn nodded and motioned for Rayann to sit. There were two chairs, both pristine white and looking as comfortable as could be. After Rayann sat Ceridwyn sat as well. Rayann said her preemptive piece, apologizing and submitting herself to the will of the council. Ceridwyn smiled and looked over at Rayann once she had finished.

“Rayann, never in a dream’s age did you cause any of this destruction. You were manipulated, and your powers were used against you. Your vision and your actions following it were a choice, but in no way are you responsible for what happened.”

Ceridwyn looked across the small table that stood between them.

“I’m sorry, would you like some tea? I always enjoy tea during a conversation; it makes things so much more pleasant, even if it’s unfortunate news.”

Ceridwyn’s face tightened slightly, but there was still a friendly look in her eyes.

“In no way is the Council planning on taking you from this place, in fact we wish nothing more than for you to do what you feel is right in your heart, but there are some things you need to know before you proceed, specifically regarding the things that unfolded this evening.”

Ceridwyn took a deep breath, and the look on her face changed, it was obvious she didn’t want to share what she needed to, but she looked up and spoke after taking a sip of her honey minted tea.

“We have information, things have been unfolding that were clouded, but the revelation of Shulamite today brought the pieces together. What I am going to tell you will not be easy to hear, in fact I fear it is going to quite possibly be the worst news you have ever heard. The Dark Wizard Shulamite that you faced… is your daughter.”

Ceridwyn could see the look of confusion on Rayann’s face, mixed with the horror. She reached over and touched Rayann’s hand, causing Rayann to look her in the eyes.

“I will explain. There are magic’s deeper than mortal sorcerers can ever know, the gods only allow us to learn what we can handle, and reward us for our devotion to them. Some gods, and you know the one of who I speak, are digging deeper and revealing the magic’s of the universe for their own gain, even the gods don’t know everything there is to know about magic, they themselves are in constant pursuit of deeper knowledge. The Dark Queen in particular is uncovering magic that is making the impossible possible, and she is giving that magic to those who are the most loyal to her. One Wizard in particular has entered her closest council, and he is learning faster than we can keep track. This wizard managed to distort the ribbon of time, and he traveled into the future. While he was there he stole your 6 month old child, fathered by Myth, and brought her to the layer of constellation where she could be raised and grow outside the constraints of time on Krynn. Shulamite is a half elf, graced with long life, and a natural affinity for magic due to you.”

She stopped and took another deep breath, looking deeply into Rayann’s eyes. Her face turned downwards even more, and her dark eyes swirled slightly.

“Rayann, it gets worse. The dark wizard of Tahkisis, the one who is making all this possible, the one who mentored Shulamite and raised her as his own, is your twin brother Rorie.”

Ceridwyn stopped and allowed Rayann the time necessary to absorb what was just communicated; it was obvious she was waiting, knowing that Rayann was going to have questions.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 pm

There was a moment of relief when Rayann discovered she wasn’t going to be turned over to the council for their judgment of her. She was absolutely certain she was going to have to answer for all of this death and destruction. Bit as she was led intot he center of town and knowing the signifigance of the place she was being taken, Rayann felt a sense of dread wash over her again. Maybe the Council wasn’t going to punish or banish her, but that didn’t mean the Elves weren’t.

Still, Rayann couldn’t help but admire the place Ceridwyn brought her and actually felt herself relax a little. This place was the most beautiful place she had ever seen before and she hoped she would be allowed to stay here for a little while and perhaps regain her composure and find herself once more for right nhow, she wasn’t sure which way was right side up.

But as Rayann sat with Ceridwyn and she heard the words the Elf spoke, Rayann felt the sense of relaxation leave and the tension return to her weary body. Rayann wasn’t sure she could take any more bad news in one day. Hadn’t fate twisted her inside out enough today? And what ever news it was Ceridwyn had obviously wasn’t good. Not by the look that crossed her face when she offered Rayann some tea.

While Rayan was prepared for almost anything, she was clearly not prepared for the news Ceridwyn gave her. The color drained from her face and her already pale face grew even paler. Dark circles that had been forming around her eyes seemed to deepen and her lavender eyes seemed to sink into the darkness. Clearly she was shaken by the news but she tried to be strong and not break down.

For the longest time she sat looking over at the Elf Mage with a blank expression on her face. Random, chaotic thoughts circled around her mind as she tried to get a grip on what Ceridwyn told her. She and Myth were going to have a…daughter? Sometime in the future? Rorie! Rorie was alive! But….he had somehow manipulated time and gone forward to….kidnap her and Myth’s….daughter? To turn the child against her natural parents? Why would Rorie be so cruel to do something like this to her? Did he hate her that much? Rorie was alive….her beloved twin was very much alive…it didn’t matter to her he was with the Dark Queen. He was alive and to Rayann that was all that mattered. Right now.

A daughter. Myth was going to be the father of a beautiful baby girl. Looking back on the confrontation she had with Shulamite, Rayann began to remember the striking resemblance the mage had to her own self. They were the same height. Their features were very similar only Shulamite’s had more of the Elven traits Myth possessed. And her ability to cast so quickly and so powerfully was unlike anything Rayann had seen before, aside from when Rorie cast with her.

Finally Rayann blinked and looked away from Ceridwyn. A sudden realization on many levels struck her so hard she felt the air rush from her lungs and she was trying desperately to get the air back in them. Rorie had stolen her child away from her. Rorie…had stolen…her child away from her. And turned her against her own parents. Suddenly Rayann snapped her eyes to Ceridwyn and she gently grapsed the Elf Mage’s had with her shaky one.

”We can’t let Myth know. He would move heaven and earth to find Rorie and kill him before he could complete the deed. Please….promise me you won’t tell him. Not until we can find a way to possibly prevent this.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:11 pm

She watched Rayann. There was a quiet sadness that passed back and forth between them. Ceridwyn knew that this news was going to be too much to bare, but it had to be said, the timing was NOW, and she knew it. It was in no way to attempt and crumble what was left of Rayann’s emotions. Ceridwyn looked at Rayann curiously when she made her request. There was an obvious conflict in the Elf’s facial expressions and she stayed silent for a long time as she mulled over Rayann’s words. Leaning forward slightly and still holding Rayann’s hand she looked her right in the eyes and spoke, her voice still barely above a whisper.

“Rayann, it is too late to with hold secrets, and it is impossible at this point that he won’t know. The bond you broke with your twin, though it has been dissolved, your brain is still capable of making deep mental connections, and you, whether you know it or not, have begun to rebuild that link with Myth’Alas, because of your love for him. He will be able to discern more from you than others. I am not trying to insinuate to you that someday you will have the divine bond with Myth’Alas that would be impossible without the intersession of the gods, but your mind and his are bonding, if you lock him out he will feel it, and he will become suspicious, and then he will no longer trust you. The worst case scenario, he will slip back to the darkness, and at that point we will truly have lost him forever. Shulamite is his child too, and he needs to know. I know Rayann, I know so desperately what you are thinking, but you owe him the truth in the matter.”

She grasped Rayann and hugged her tightly, whispering into her ear. The warmth that pulsed out from Ceridwyn’s body was unlike anything Rayann would have felt before.

“Sometimes the bruises of our friends are exactly what we need. Myth’Alas is strong, he is not as quick to temper as you might think. Yes, he is going to be furious, yes, he is going to sway to the hunter instinct that all Elves have deep within them, but he is also in love, and his woman, the one he loves, she can be his calm and his peace. You are a strong Wizard, and your will can be communicated in a way to him that will allow him to see that immediate action is the worst repose. Myth’Alas is a planner; he is a calculating and precise hunter, which was why the Dark Queen wanted him in the first place. Yes, the injustice that has been done to you and Myth’Alas is extreme, but the fix needs to come in time, and he will know that. To shred Shulamite away from the grip of Tahkisis would be devastating, possibly even killing her. To attempt a direct attack on Rorie at this time would be a sure death, even for Myth’Alas. Rorie must be baited out and dealt with on our terms, and Myth’Alas won’t take much convincing, in fact, he will most likely suggest it. Your anger is justified, and there is no wrong in defending, or recovering, the innocent.”

The word “recovering” would linger in Rayann’s ear, almost as if planted there. The message was obvious, there was only one victim here, and one who chose a path of evil. Ceridwyn released her embrace on Rayann and her eyes were welled up with tears. She looked Rayann square in the eyes and spoke… “From one who has lost a child, I know the pain, but you have the chance to get your child back, and I will aid you in any way I can.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Rayann knew Ceridwyn was right. Even when she made the request she wished she had never even thought to say it in the first place. But the fact Rorie was alive brought back such a raw pain that Rayann didn’t want him to die all over again. Even if he was in the darkness, she would rather have him there and alive than not alive at all. Her cheeks colored slightly as she thought about how selfish and foolish her request had been.

Fresh tears sprang into her eyes as she let all of this news settle in and when Ceridwyn embraced her, Rayann couldn’t help but sob softly. She clung to the Elf Mage as though she were the last shred of hope Raynn would ever have and in a sense, Ceridwyn was just that. Again the weight of the burden Rayann carried seemed to make her feel as though she were going to be crushed beneath it but as Ceridwyn spoe to her as the emotions ran free, Rayann felt that burden lift slightly for she knew she had a trusted ally and hopefully, one day, a good friend.

When Ceridwyn pulled back and Rayann saw the tears and heard the4 words, Rayann’s eyes blinked and the knowledge of the pain she was experiencing was not one she alone had experience in was something she would eternally be grateful to Ceridwyn for. Rayann nodded slightly and swallowed hard.

”I….I promise….I’ll not hold anything back from Myth….I’ll….tell him everything you have revealed to me.”

Fresh tears sprang to Rayann’s eyes as she thought of the pain Myth would feel when she revealed this news to him. Looking down for a moment, she took the time to recompose herself before she looked up at Ceridwyn again. While Rayann had accepted the news with her ears, her heart and mind were still struggling with the reality of it but she was trying her best to grasp hold of it.

”What can I do, right now, to start to try and prevent this awful….deed from happening in the first place? I mean….our….daughter…isn’t born yet. So that means Rorie hasn’t had the chance to take her from us which means we stil have the chance to prevent this. Right?”

There was a shred of hope in her words and Rayann hoped what she was asking was along the right path for them to take. If Rorie were able to bend time and go into the future to take the child, then Rayann had to be able to find a way, with the help of others, to prevent him from even being able to get his hands on her in the first place.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 20485

Kwinn walked with Tanjee, he was determined to go with her as far as the elves would allow. Myth had only just returned home and now his life was hanging by a thread, it would seem that the reach of the Dark Queen could breach even the borders of this magical place.

The tower was in ruins, but the elves were calm, they did not fall into chaos, they did not wail and cry, they merely did what needed to be done.

As Tanjee walked along side Myth, Kwinn was a pace behind, Kwinn saw Aeolis in the crowd nearby. The ranger thought that it was fine time to extend an olive branch.

"I wish to help in any way I can, tell me what I can do Aeolis, I am not leaving, I will stay and help if I can."

The elf's eyes were fixed on Myth, his face revealed no emotion, but the ranger new that Aeolis had heard him.

"Tanjee, what can we do? These terrible things, these attacks were powerful dark magic. What will the elves do now?"

The ranger was frustrated, high magic was something he was not familiar with, and he knew not how to defend himself (or Tanjee) from such things but he was interested in learning how.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Tanjee was aware of Kwinn’s presence and she felt bad for leaving him to his own devices but her duty was to the citizens of Silvanost fist and foremost but just so he knew how much she appreciated him being there, she reached out with her hand and touched his, holding it for a few moments before she was whisked inside to aid in any way she could.

Aeolis stood stoically as he watched the near lifeless form of Myth pass by. When the Ceremony of Darkness had concluded and Myth was cleansed, Aeolis felt as though everything he had plotted to gain his position had been for naught and he rue the day the crown Prince had returned. But when the events of the evening took a turn for the worse, he felt as though he had caused some of this to happen.

He was bitter, yes, but he never wanted anyone to get hurt, let alone die and when the strong, ever present tower of Nim’Sul was destroyed, Aeolis saw how self centered and arrogant he had been. When he heard the human Ranger’s voice, he blinked and looked to Kwinn.

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Maleelf

”I will tell you what you can do, Ranger. You will use your skills to aid us. We have seen your use of the forests you live in and know you are more than capable of helping us defend our home. Come. We start right away.”

Seeing Kwinn look to Tanjee’s retreating form, Aeolis clapped Kwinn’s shoulder.

”She will not emerge for quite some time. We will set up a perimeter around the city and when you return to the residence, she will be there.”

A few hours later, Aeolis and Kwinn returned and Aeolis walked Kwinn to the tree home he and Tanjee had stayed in the night before. When Kwinn looked at Aeolis, the elf merely hrugged.

”I knew you were here with her all night. As much as it pains me to say this, she is a grown woman who is capable of deciding what she wants for herself. Just be good to her for as long as you are with her, where ever that may lead you.”

Aeolis knocked on the door and called out to the other side of the door.

”Tanjee….I have brought your Ranger back to you.”

Turning on his heel, Aeolis left Kwinn standing there by himself. When Tanjee opened the door and saw Kwinn standing there alone, she quickly opened the door wider and rushed out to hug him tightly, practically cutting the air off as she squeezed his neck tight.

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Healer

”I thought you had left.”

Finally letting go and stepping back, she furrowed her brows as she gave him a puzzled look.

”I thought I heard Aeolis’ voice. Was I hearing things?”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Myth remembered drawing his blade invoking one of he rarest powers of his sword. The Blade of Divinity could only be brought forth in times of dire need. In this instance Myth had chosen to defend the lives of the people of Sylvanost. The blade drew the power from the wielder bringing it into physical manifestation. This power was a mix of the wielders will, strength, and desire to protect. Myth had instinctively looked beyond the moment to see the larger picture around him. His thoughts were not about his life or Rayann's but the people around them. This alone allowed him to draw upon the ancient power. Darkness had surrounded him as he felt a presence emanate from the blade and consume him.

The warmth Myth felt could not be described but he felt himself resting peacefully. Time simply had no meaning as he stared into the darkness. He could only wonder if had died trying to destroy the tower before it fell. Given his surroundings it wasn't a far off possibility, but something deep inside said that it was not true. With a sigh he remained floating in the darkness drifting off to sleep. Every once in a while he stirred looking around. He swore more than once her heard Rayann's voice but it seemed like faint echo. At other times he felt a strange warmth in his hands. However he always returned to sleep feeling exhausted from the effort of remaining lucid.

Myth's returned to consciousness once more as he felt a breeze brush his face. Eyes opened and he found himself on a grassy field and in the distance a castle rising up from the side of a mountain. Myth blinked rubbing his eyes before looking down at himself. He was clad in full armor but his sword was not at his side. Further more the armor seemed familiar but at the same time felt alien o him. With a shake of his head he began walking towards the fortress in the mountains.

Myth knew his pace was steady but the path seemed to blur every so often and Myth found himself skipping towards the tower with every blurred motion. Because of this Myth came to the conclusion that he was dreaming. He did not fight things and decided to follow the path he was clearly meant to follow. The scenery blurred once more and Myth was stepping past guards poised in salute. People flowed all around him singing praises and offering their best wishes and congratulations. Myth looked at them all with a raised eyebrow. The world blurred and Myth was standing looking over at himself sitting next to a bed. Shifting his eyes Myth saw Rayann sitting there with a beaming smile holding.. a child!

The elf prince could only sit there blinking at the scene before him. He wondered if this was a dream or if it was a vision. In either case he looked upon things with interest as the world blurred he saw himself holding the child be the hands attempting to help it walk. Myth could only call the child an it because he did not hear what he and Rayann were saying and could not simply tell because things were fuzzy. A small smile spread upon his lips as he watched himself.

((I know not how the child was taken... but this is part dream and part sending. So of course nothing is exactly as it was.))

The smile quickly faded from his face as the scene shifted and the room he was in was a raging inferno. He watched as three figures moved about the fire. The flames cleared out and Myth saw Rayann screaming as he watched himself launch at a figure in a dark robe. The figure brought something forward in its arms and Myth saw the child. He saw himself com to a dead halt and glare daggers at the dark figure. Myth could feel his blood boil. He could not hear the words spoken only watch. The was a flash and he saw Rayann drop to the earth. He saw himself turn to react before being cast across the room by a spell. The dark figure laughed. Myth knew this had to be a horrid dream as he wanted to say something but could not.

He watched himself crawl to Rayann tears in here eyes as she screamed at the figure. Myth shifted his eyes back to the figure as it pulled back its hood. Shock was the only thing Myth could think to call the emotion that washed over him. He looked upon the twisted face of Rorie. Words were being exchanged and Myth gritted his teeth in frustration having to watch this play out. The scene made no sense to his mind and he could only watch confused and angry all at once. Suddenly he could see Rorie casting and all began to fade into darkness he could only hear the screams of himself and Rayann. They were not screams of pain and death, but screams of loss and despair. Taking one last look towards the dark figure he saw Rorie looking right a him with an evil grin waving before the darkness enveloped everything again.

There was only silence in the darkness as he tried to rationalize everything he had seen. Was it merely a nightmare or a vision of the future, and almost in response to his question Myth heard a silky voice he had hoped to never here again.

"Was that a glimpse of your future or a nightmare from your soul. These questions will plague your mind for years to come."

There was silence

"I'll be fair... a gift for old times. Some of what you saw was a glimpse of the future but some of the scene was not. Perhaps the blade should have taken your life."

Myth could feel the venom of that last word in the deepest recesses of his being and it made him shudder. However he remained silent not wishing to converse with the voice in the darkness. Silence surrounded him and the voice did not speak for a great deal of time. Myth lost himself in his thoughts the voice returned full of venom and malice.

"Time to awaken..."

A great pain ripped through his mind as the voice went silent. In the darkness he dropped to the earth grasping his head, The pain was more intense than he could have believed. Suddenly he could feel the warmth leave his body and he could feel himself once more.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the physical world Myth's body jerked and a look of deep pain crossed his features. His teeth gritted as he began to thrash and then all at once he sat up letting out a deep cry of anguish grasping the sides of his skull. As the scream subsided Myth fell back into his pillows passing out once more. The display had startled many but upon examination his heart rate was near normal and life seemed to be returning to is face. However the a look of deep sadness was obvious to anyone looking upon him. The healer's concurred that he would awaken soon, possibly within the late hours of the night.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:49 am

Ceridwyn looked over at Rayann, her face reflecting the grim circumstances. Shaking her head slightly she responded softly, “We have no answer to that end Rayann, but between you and me, if Rorie was able to get there, surly there is a way. I don’t have the knowledge to answer that question, and unfortunately Nim’Sul’s death means that vast amounts of knowledge have been lost which we could have used, but I will aid you Rayann if you wish, I will partner with you and we will work together to find a way should you request it. Surly Rorie has set up stop guards to prevent us from replicating what he was able to do, and even more unfortunate is if he used Ambient Magic in any form our hands will be tied. I am not trying to sound defeatist, but you need to begin this journey with all the information necessary to move forward with the greatest chance of success, and I won’t lie to you, the obstacles will be many, and they will be daunting. I have one small bit of information that will give you hope and strength however, your daughter, Shulamite, her birth name, given by you and Myth’Alas, is Kali os Padraig Thel'Radin, The Elven translated to Common is “The Grace of Padraig and Thel’Radin” that is, the grace of you and Myth’Alas.”

She picked up her tea and sipped it, smiling slightly despite all that had transpired. “Always refreshing, minted honey tea, somehow, one can’t help but smile when the flavor hits the tongue. I notice you haven’t had yours yet, take a sip, it’s the little pleasures that we must cling to.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:19 am

Rayann never liked the margin of error in situations but when dealing with magic, it was unavoidable. You could only be sure of one thing and that was yourself. It was the wild card of the other that dictated how you would respond to everything. And right now, she wanted to scream at the top of her lungs and rail at the Gods for all of this. She never asked for any of this and yet now she was responsible for making sure she used her gift accordingly.

The dislike she had for Shulamite melted away and Rayann felt a sense of despair. How could she face the mage again knowing what she knows now? Obviously it was exactly what Rorie wanted. He knew Rayann would never be able to harm her own daughter in a confrontation. Rayann would do all she could to protect herself and the others around her while at the same time protecting Shulamite. Any retaliation Rayann would sling the black mages way would be nothing life threatening and more along the lines to throw her off balance than anything.

Still, the fact no answers were forth coming to the questions Rayann had was more frustrating than she could imagine. She was exhausted, to say the least and her head was starting to hurt form the lack of rest and the troubled emotional distress she’d suffered over the past few hours. Try as she may, Rayann just couldn’t think clearly and knew it would be a long time before she had any answers that weren’t thick as the mud of a bog. If ever.

When she heard the name of the daughter she and Myth were going to have, she couldn’t help but smile. It was a beautiful name that was the perfect union of both herself and Myth. The Elven language was always beautiful and sounded like a song, but to hear her future daughter’s voice spoken in the language of Myth’s people, Rayann felt fresh moisture come to her eyes and she blinked to rid herself of it. She repeated the name in her own voice several times and loved the way it sounded. No doubt Myth would be the one to choose the name.

”It’s a beautiful name. No doubt one her father chose the moment he laid eyes on her.”

Knowing there was nothing else she could do right now, Rayann decided to drink her tea as her gracious and beautiful host had suggested. The tea did make a small smile ease across her features and she found she liked the flavor of it very much. The tea was almost gone from the cup when Rayann dropped the delicate cup and let it fall and shatter onto the floor. Rayann herself felt no pain but with the bond she had with Myth she could feel his distress. When Myth grabbed his head and cried out, Rayann gasped. As Myth passed out again, Rayann felt herself sway and even though she was seated she put her hand out to steady herself. Turning a frightful look to Ceridwyn, Rayann blinked and said just one word As her head began to feel like it was lighter than air and she fought hard against the urge to pass out.

”Myth…..”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:46 am

Ceridwyn looked up as Rayann spoke the name of her future child. She could not help but smile as she could see the lines of sadness melt from Rayann’s face in that brief moment of hope that caught her soul. As she saw Rayann react, dropping the cup and gasp, she extended a hand, the shattered cup leapt up from the floor and fixed itself, coming up to Ceridwyn’s hand. She set it on the table and looked at Rayann as she spoke.

“Yes Rayann, I feel him too, he is in despair. Come.”

She stood and extended a hand to Rayann, the instant that Rayann’s skin touched Ceridwyn’s the world around them vanished as if a fog swept in and devoured everything in sight. The room that Myth had been lying in came into focus and Rayann was standing beside Myth, Ceridwyn behind her, about 5 meters away. Ceridwyn watched as Rayann interacted with Myth’Alas.

She spoke when it was appropriate, “Myth’Alas, it is good to see you back where you belong.”

Then she sent a missive to Myth’s mind… ~”I know the vision that you saw, Rayann will explain when you are well.”

She nodded, there was no happiness on her face, the news was grim and it was not her place to show emotion or give the information to Myth, that was Rayann’s duty, and Ceridwyn would not interfere.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 pm

The instant Rayann was in Myth’s room she released Ceridwyn’s hand and went to kneel beside Myth once again. He was just starting to rouse from the affects of Blue Moon and was still rather groggy but at least he was starting to come around. As his emerald eyes began to flutter open, Rayann felt a new wave of emotion wash over her.

Myth was going to be OK, or so it seemed, but she had the duty of relaying to him the terrible news about their future daughter and the treachery her brother had done against them. Once again the burden was so heavy Rayann felt the weight feel as though it were going to crush her. Myth had been through enough and yet, it wasn’t done yet.

When his eyes finally focused, Rayann tried to give him a smile but the sadness in her eyes refused to leave and as she took his hand in hers, her fingers tremble. She would tell him the devastating news but she would not do it right away. She needed him to regain his true north before she dared rock his world once again with news she dreaded telling him.

”Welcome back, mel’amin. You had us all scared there for a little while.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Ceridwyn could feel Rayann’s emotions; Elves were empathes by nature, but being that they were also both tied to the river of magic it didn’t require empathic abilities to know the gamete of emotions that Rayann was currently going through. Ceridwyn turned and exited the room, leaving the two of them to the business of healing, and ultimately, telling. As she walked away, entering the hall of Stars, she sent a missive to Rayann.

~Calm yourself Rayann, remember that your minds are linked, but most of all remember that he loves you, and you love him, and there is a third life at stake. I remind you, Myth’Alas is a warrior, a general, but he will most likely be emotionally conflicted, and the most important thing you will need to do is help him keep his initial emotions in check. He will react as any good Father would, his response, if rage, will be justifiable. Solinari be with you Rayann, speak my name to the winds if you need me.~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:42 pm

]

((possibly my only post till after work))

Myth felt like he was in a daze as he opened his eyes to scan the room. Everything was fuzzy and he still felt the pain within his skull. His head was pounding and it was a little disorientating at first. Soon however his vision began to cear and all at once he saw the two figures standingin the room. It took a few momwnts before he recognized Rayann at his side. The voice in his head however drew his attention to the figure just behind Rayann. Myth almost groaned seeing Ceridwyn.

The mage's comments did not sit well upon his heart. He looked at Rayann and deep in her eyes he saw the pain. He could see her at a breaking point and knew what he would soon hear was not going to be pleasant. He took in a breath closing his eyes trying to ease his mental pain before looking at the pair again. He smiled to Rayann weakly.

"It seems I have been a poor host since we arrived to cause you so much trouble" He chuckled trying to lighten his mood slightly. The images of his vision were still fresh and painful. He saw Ceridwyn head for the doors and a sense of dread fell over him. The news coming was clearly meant to be a private matter.

"It would seem we have much to discuss melamin... but indulge me for a moment... what happened to the tower. I remember drawing my blade and then everything seemed to fase away."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Rayann silently chastised herself. Ceridwyn was right and Rayann needed to calm herself for Myth’s sake. While it was difficult for her to calm herself, she did try in an effort to prevent from causing Myth any more worry than he was going to have to deal with when the truth was finally revealed to him. As she felt Ceridwyn’s presence leave the room, Rayann was thankful she and Myth would be given this time alone. It was going to be difficult enough to tell him the dreadful news let alone having someone else see the pain he was going to experience from it all. And that was what hurt Rayann the most. Knowing she was to deliver news that would hurt her beloved so deeply and there was nothing she could do to prevent it.

As Myth began to register his surroundings and looked at his visitors, Rayann saw the clarity return to his gaze. Knowing he was in pain for she could feel the distress coming from him, she took a deep breath and tried to lighten the burden, or at least the feel of it, as best she could. But sometimes a wet, woolen blanket was just that.

Knowing he was trying to lighten the mood, Rayann chuckled softly as well and shook her head as her fingers slowly caressed the length of his own.

”Nonsense….You and your people have been gracious hosts, all things considered. I’m just glad you’re starting to show signs of life again.”

When he asked about the tower, Rayann wanted to look away but she forced herself to hold his gaze. She was trying her best to help ease the pain in his head, although she was no healer. Still, she and Myth had bonded on a different level and she was in hopes that somehow, he mere presence and the soothing sensation she was trying to share with him was helping.

”You saved the lives of countless Silvanesti, Myth. If not for you, they would have been crushed beneath the weight of the crumbling tower. But….I’m afraid the tower itself….and Nim’Sul….were beyond help. When Blue Moon struck the falling tower, it disintegrated and fell in a pile where the base of the tower once rested. The mages were able to remove the dust from the air just a few moments before you passed out. You were brought here to recuperate. I was permitted to stay with you.”

It was clear just knowing Myth was going to be alright, as far as she could see, was exactly what Rayann needed right now. She still looked tired and the sadness wouldn’t leave her eyes but the love she felt for Myth was more evident than anything.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Myth sighed and leaned his head back looking up at the ceiling for a few moments. "I... am glad to hear that I was able to use the blade to stop the tower's fall. The loss of the tower and Nim'Sul will be a great blow, but it will not be as bad as it could have been."

Sitting straight once more he smiled and took Rayann's hand in his own. The bond showed him how upset she was and he could feel that she was trying to ease the stinging pain in his head. He could only imagine the strain upon her at the moment and sigh inwardly. Despite her pain though he could feel her love for him show through. One of the things he was beginning to admire about her was that she could endure.

Slipping his hand away he reached up rubbing his hand over her cheek. He could see she had been crying and it made his heart ache, but only because he knew more was to come. There were things in his vision he was curious and apprehensive to know about. He contemplated asking her to put his talk off for a brief moment, but Ceridwyn through her words made Myth reconsider. Something in his gut told him it was time to put all the cards on the table.

He leaned forward kissing Rayann on the forehead before sitting back. "As much as I would like to wait before having this talk we may as well get it over with. I had a vision while I lay in slumber and Ceridwyn told me you would be able to shed some light on their meaning."

He sat quietly looking at her with his emerald gaze. She would see that he was preparing himself for bad news.

Last edited by serredeth on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Rayann closed her eyes when she felt the touch of Myth’s lips to her forehead again. He had a way of letting her know, without saying a word, he was there for her. But all too soon, he said the words she was dreading. Her lavender gaze faulted a little but once more she forced herself to hold his emerald gaze, finding strength in his resolve.

”Shulamite, as it turns out, is much more than she appears to be. Her ability to wield magic is m ore than just a learned task. It’s an inherited trait. And her swiftness is also inherited. They’re gifts handed down to her from her parents. To make matters even worse, she doesn’t know who her true parents are as she was taken as an infant away from them. Her uncle was so full of hate that he struck out in the only way he knew that would hurt his sister more than he could ever know and in doing so hurt the man his sister loved so deeply.”

Moisture began to form in Rayann’s eyes and she blinked to make it go away. A lump formed in her throat and she swallowed several times to try and rid herself of the feeling but it simply wouldn’t go away. She looked away briefly but moments later she brought her gaze back to his.

”To make the pain even deeper for Shulamites parents, her uncle was able to bend time and go into the future to steal her away so he could train her in the constellation plain, away from the influences and reach of her parents. Only when she was a formidable force to reckon with did he bring her back to Krynn as an adult. Back to a time when her parents didn’t even know her…..yet.”

Rayann swallowed hard as an unwelcome tear slipped down her cheek. Her voice was barely that of a whisper as she spoke again.

”Shulamites real name, the name her parents gave her is Kali os Padraig Thel'Radin. She’s our daughter, Myth.”

The news delivered, Rayann couldn’t stop the tears. Bowing her head, she gave in to the tears that needed to fall. Her hand squeezed Myth’s in a death like grip as the truth of the news she just told him finally struck home for her as well. Until now, she couldn’t bring herself to believe the news, but hearing her own voice tell Myth, she knew it was very true.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Myth could feel the pit of his stomach falling away as Rayann began to tell her story. Myth was not liking what he heard after the first few words and as she continued on he liked it less and less. His eyes closed as Rayann mentioned travel through time and his mind fixed upon the scene that had played out while he slept. Rorie attacking both Rayann and himself taking their child and spiriting her away. Myth could feel the cracks forming in his heart. The truth in the vision became clear as day to Myth before Rayann had even spoken the child's name. A single tear ran down Myth's face as Rayann spoke out their daughter's name.

All Myth could do was take a deep breath as Rayann squeezed his hand. The emotions that were running through him were like a maelstrom and it took every ounce of his will to not succumb to them. Breathe was all he could tell himself, breathe and stay calm. Myth pulled Rayann into his lap and cradled her to his chest to cry her heart out. The news was terrible and as much as Myth wanted to scream out in anger he forced himself to remain calm. The woman in his arms was the only thing keeping him calm. He could not fathom all she had endured this day. He sat quietly holding her while she let the river of tears flow. Slowly he rocked back and forth. She needed the support more than he needed to cry out. Sadness, anger, seething hatred all filled his heart but he knew he could not succumb. As he rocked his beloved he patted her back softly as if comforting a child letting her cry. He would do so till she had cried herself into slumber. It had been a taxing day and now more than ever she needed to rest.

Myth was not sure how long it had taken but Rayann's sobs finally subsided and she fell into slumber. Slowly he slipped her off and into the bed covering her so she would not catch cold. Myth emotions were still in chaos and he needed air. He was thankful that he was still dressed. It had been necessary to remove his armor so he did not give it much thought. He only searched the room for his beloved blade before fetching a pan and quill to leave Rayann a note.

Do not despair my heart, I have only stepped out for some air and nothing more. If you need me I will be at the warrior's training hall. I must... calm myself and clear my head.

Myth'alas

He set the pen down and stepped outside the room. Two guards came to attention in surprise and Myth raised an eyebrow. He began to walk the hall and the two fell in line behind him no closer than five paces. As they reached the hall Myth came to a halt looking back at them. "What are your orders?"

The one on the left coughed "We are here to ensure your safety Prince..."

Myth's glare hardened as he turned fully towards the guards. He was not in the mood for games and half truths.

The guard swallowed nervously before continuing "We are also to ensure you do not leave the city, by order of the Speaker."

Snorting Myth spun on his heel and began to walk once more. His father had likely been apprised of the situation and did not want his son marching off on a suicide mission. He could not blame them for their concern though. If not for Rayann he would have been halfway to the dark palace by now. However he knew that charging full of anger and hatred only got you killed. His sword master had hammered this into his being from the first day of his training and reminded him of the fact every day thereafter.

Passing quickly from the guest quarters Myth made a straight line to the training halls. With guards in tow he entered the great doors to the hall finding that it was time for the late afternoon practice of a number of the town soldiers. All activity came to a halt when Myth entered as all eyes fell upon him. The looks he was given ranged from anger to admiration but Myth paid none any heed.

To the back of the room a seasoned warrior clapped his hands before berating the room for being so easily distracted. Within moments the room began to hum with the sounds of battle. The old warrior crossed the hall giving Myth a hard glare till he was a mere two paces from the prince. He stood a decent five foot six but still looked up at Myth. His hair was white and cut short with light blue eyes that could look through ones soul. He was wearing a simple black training outfit much as everyone else in the room. He stood looking at Myth with a glare and crossed arms. The glare changed and softened as he saw the look of annoyance in Myth's eyes. "Well I was going to rib you for old times sake but I can see you are in no mood to joke... what can I do for you Prince Myth'alas."

Myth took a breath before shaking his head reaching up rubbing his eyes for a moment. Standing before him was a face Myth had not expected to see upon his return. Let alone a friendly encounter at that. "Cypher you know I always hated it when you called me prince..." he sighed as Cypher shrugged with a grin. "I apologize for arriving unannounced and interrupting your evening drills Master Cypher, but I find my mind in need of focus and sadly meditation is not likely to have a favorable effect on my mood."

"Then say no more..." Cyoher raised his hand and nodded his head as he began to walk away disappearing through a set of doors. If there was one person in all of Sylvanesti that new Myth's mind almost as well as Rayann it was the man walking away. Cypher was Myth's teacher and more than that he had become a good friend. Myth was actually nervous as he stood there before his old combat master. The man's loyalty was unwavering and Myth could not help what he thought of his old student. In moments Cypher emerged from the door with two training blades in his arms. A smile on his face that faded slightly when he came closer to Myth before disappearing completely.

"Straighten that look on your face... we can talk about the past later... for the moment you wanted to focus your mind... think fast." Cypher tossed the blade to Myth and as Myth caught it the older elf charged him. Once more all activity in the hall came to a stop as Myth and Cypher began their sword dance. All watched as the two traded blows almost evenly matched in skill and speed. Many realized that when Cypher referred to the Old Student, he was referring to Myth without using his name.

Time lost all meaning to Myth as he used the fight to focus his thoughts. Plans began to form and fade as he focused on his skills and instincts. He was grateful his former master had obliged him in engaging in this combat. It was the one sure fire way to draw himself into focus that he had discovered in his youth. His mind was always working and formulating and in his youth it often drove him to distraction. His wandering mind was one of the reasons he never took up sorcery. He could never stay focused like he did with a blade in his hand. Eventually blows were traded and the student and master locked up their blades. Both were sweating heavily but neither willing to back down. Muscles contracted and both warriors pushed away and poised for one final blow. Myth's eyes became focused and hard as rocks as he tensed up for the strike, but unexpectedly Cypher stood. "That is enough... the blade should only be sharpened so far."

Myth recognized the saying, it told him he had succeeded in bringing himself into focus but was now growing to serious for the spar to continue. Myth let out his breath and stood bowing to Cypher. "You honor me Master Cypher... I thank you for your time..."

Cypher simply bowed before he turned on the crowd barking at them for being distracted again. Myth could only chuckle silently as he set down the training blade taking up his own weapon. His mind felt clearer but his heart still ached deeply. He spun around looking at the guards glaring at them "We are going to the royal gardens so that I might meditate."

All at once Myth passed them leaving them to catch up with him. Now he had to think of what to do.... he had to plan. He needed to meditate and keep himself calm. It did not take long to get to the gardens leavings his escort at the door. Myth wandered the paths before heading to the ancient tree at the center. He would take his place there and meditate upon things.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Rayann slept the sleep of the dead. The emotional, mental and physical exhaustion she was suffering finally became too much for her to fight and as she lay, crying on Myth’s chest, she fell asleep. She didn’t even stir when Myth slid from beneath her and covered her with the blanket before slipping out.

She was so tired. The night before she had not gotten much rest and after everything that happened today, she felt more drained than she could remember. Huddling deeper into the bed and allowing the blanket to provide her anonymity, Rayann let her body, mind and soul have what it needed most.

It was only after a few hours she began to dream and the dream she had was from a time she had all but forgotten. One of the rare times she and Rorie had been separated when they were young. Rorie had gone with their mother and Rayann stayed behind with their father. She was almost despondent because it was the first time she and Rorie had been separated and she was old enough to realize it. Her father, Lachlan, had tried everything he could to try and comfort her reassuring Rayann her brother was coming back soon. Finally he captured her attention and when she calmed her tears, she hiccupped softly as she listened to him.

“Daughter of mine. Why do you cry so? Your brother and mama will return shortly. Don’t you want to spend time with me? I thought you were happy to stay with me for a short time. Come. Crying doesn’t solve anything. What ever the problem is, it’s not worth the salt in your tears. There will be times, Raya, when you will be by yourself. And they won’t always be good reasons. But you will never be alone. You have a gift, child. People are drawn to you. Your heart will always see the good in every situation. No matter how dire it may seem. You always show people the light through the darkness. But one day, Raya, you’ll have someone who will be that light for you through the darkness. He’ll understand what it’s like to be in the darkness and see the light again because of you. And because of that, he’ll bring you through the darkness.”

Rayann had always thought her father was referring to Rorie but now but now she knew who her father was referring to. Had he seen a vision of her future? Did he know, then, what trials and tribulations she was going to go through? She saw a sadness in his eyes as he told her these things and she never understood why but now, she knew. Lachlan was always an intuitive man but had there been more to his intuitiveness?

The first inklings of dawn were starting to streak the sky when Rayann stirred. When she finally awoke from her slumber, her dream was still fresh in her mind. Rolling over she saw the empty side of the bed. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, she looked around and saw the note Myth had left for her. Giving a small smile, she laid the note down and slid out of the bed. A new day was upon her and with a new day there was always hope. As she walked to the doors and opened them to the room she was greeted by a pair f guards, just as Myth had been. Blinking, she looked at them.

”Am I under arrest?”

One of the guards gave her a puzzled look and shook his head.

“No. We were just told to escort you where ever you need to go.”

Rayann looked at both of them again and gestured with her hand for them to lead.

”Well, gentlemen…since I really don’t have any clue as to how I get to where I need to go, lead the way.”

They hesitated, exchanged glances then finally looked at her and the other guard spoke up this time.

“Where exactly do you want to go?”

Rayann blinked again then chuckled.

”Well…that would be important information, wouldn’t it. Well, I want to get a bath and change my clothes. Where ever I can do that, I would appreciate the escort.”

The guards exchanged looks again and she was finally led back to the place she and Myth had spent the night before. It was a couple of hours later when Rayann emerged, freshly bathed and wearing a white tunic with a belt at the waist, a pair of light tan leggings tucked into the high, soft boots Myth had gotten for her. She was clasping her outer robes closed when she stepped out with the guards.

”Well, gentlemen, now you can show me to that beautiful garden I saw when I was with Ceridwyn. That will provide the perfect place for me.”

The guards did as she requested and took her to the royal gardens, only instead of looking at them from a terrace, she was able to go right into the center of them. When she found a lovely place to sit, she looked at the guards and smiled brightly.

”I’ll be a little while, gentlemen. You’re more than welcomed to stay, but I’m afraid I’ll be boring company.”

Produsing a spell book from the folds of her robes, Rayann sat down and began to study her spells as well as find her true north once more. She had work to do and sitting around crying and feeling sorry for herself wasn’t going to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3: Trials by Fire
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: PORTALS OF ASGARD - Other worldly tales :: Shards of Krynn :: Shards of Krynn Book 1-
Jump to: