Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

3: Trials by Fire

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:30 pm

There was darkness where it needed to be in this throne hall, and light were it belonged, exactly how the Queen wanted it. Her throne, encircled in violet light, cast an eerie shadow across the long stairs that descended ominously to the floor below. At the bottom of those stairs, a lone figure, small in stature and frame. She was crouched low; her inky black robes flowed around her as if someone had poured living smoke over her shoulders. She was on one knee and bowing low, reverent in her homage to her Queen.

Tahkisis leaned forward, her eyes swirled with violence and she spoke in a soft, sultry voice that resembled silk being pulled over clean skin. “You have learned in this realm, you have brought yourself to my feet, and you prostrate before me humbly.”

“Yes Mistress”

“You have trained under the most powerful mage in my arsenal, and at your request you wish to endure the trials.”

“Yes Mistress”

“You want the life promised you, you request the favor of the Queen, but first you must survive.”

Without a second breath from the Queen, lightning shot from four directions, originating from the shadows in the long hall. The young mage evaporated into shadow, the lightning exploded against the black marble where she had been and sent shards in every direction. Tahkisis smiled as the pieces flying towards her evaporated into thin air. Four young blue dragons emerged from the shadows and began to walk around the massive throne room; the sound of their breathing filled the atmosphere as they searched for their target. A blast of purple light erupted from the far right corner and all four instantly twisted their heads, firing their lightning breath into the darkness, the walls exploded sending rock and stone scattering across the floor. One of the dragons squealed and the other three turned to look, the young females eyes began to bulge and her face erupted into a geyser of carnage as the dismemberment spell ripped through her flesh scattering her brains and bone across the floor. The other three dragons hissed and roared, firing their breath weapons, hitting the corpse of their kin, but no young mage was present to hit.

Tahkisis watched with enthusiasm, her eyes scanning the shadows. The three dragons began to prowl again, their steps soft as mice. In the center of the room, the small black figure appeared again, her long honey blond hair, flowing with shadow, flipped and flowed around her head. One of the dragons saw her and roared, his mouth opening and the glow of glands about to fire illuminated the air in front of him. The young mage hissed the words of magic and lifted her hands. As the dragon kin pushed his head forward, shadowy arcs appeared in front of the mouth glands, reflecting the lighting back into the dragon’s throat. Two criss-crossing beams of lighting exploded out of the dragons back and it fell over, dead and smoking.

Tahkisis lifted her hands and yelled, “CEASE!” The two other youngling dragons retreated into the shadows, and the young mage turned to look at her queen. She looked up at Tahkisis who said nothing, a thin, twisted smile crossing her face. The young mage watched and waited, reaching into the flow of magic moving through the room, drawing the power into her and feeling for what was around her. The spidery hiss of magic erupted from the left and she spun, hissing in kind to bring up a reflective shield of shadow but was then struck in the back by a blast of arcane magic that sent her flying across the room and she crumbled to the floor. She moaned in pain as she tried to hoist herself back to her feet, the back of her left shoulder was blown open and cauterized shut. She could hear the hiss of magic being chanted again, and she knew it was a matter of seconds before the spell would be cast. She rolled onto her back and got to one knee. She hissed her spidery words, out casting the mage across the room and brought up her hands, releasing reagents into the air. They hissed and popped into shadow and merged with her hands, firing a ribbon of black across the room, smashing into the chest of the black robe mage facing her. She grit her teeth and closed her eyes in concentration, the mage quivered and screamed as the life drain spell flowed through him. Twisting her hands, the wound in her shoulder began to heal as the victim of this dark magic began to wither, his skin turning grey and his eyes rolled back into his skull. The mage crumpled to the floor, looking like little more than skin stretched tight over a skeleton. Opening her eyes the young mage turned to look at Tahkisis. The Dark Queen smirked and spoke, “You have passed the trials, and you have defeated the adversity that would have taken your life otherwise. You have proven yourself worthy to serve. I bring you into the Order of the Dragons, and I grant you the gift of dragon sight.”

The young mage stepped back with the impact of Tahkisis spell, and she leaned forward, the agony in her eyes was as if someone had poured acid under her lids. She bit her lip and endured, holding back the screams even as the worst of the searing pain engulfed her. Finally the pain subsided and she stood back up, looking across the room. She grinned as the spacial relationships around her melted away, the limitations of Elven sight receding to the superior eyesight of the dragons.

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 ShulBanner

“I thank you for this gift my Queen, I will server you and die for your will!”

Tahkisis grinned and spoke to Shulamite, her voice full of venom and hate… “Then serve for me and kill in my will, destroy the elf prince, and his bitch.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:17 am

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Mythban2

((Sorry about the shorty didn't have a lot of time yesterday or this morning))

Myth had found himself a suitable spot near a small brook to sit and meditate. His mind was a cacophony of chaos that demanded order. Looking around he took int he sounds and scents that surrounded him. It had been far to long since he had sat in the peaceful shadow of the forest. Even longer still since he had been in the Sylvanesti forests. Letting out a sigh Myth removed Blue Moon from its place at his side before sitting down upon the earth

Crossing his legs Myth sat his ancient blade over his lap before lower his arms into place. Slowly he closed his eyes opening up his ears to the outside world. He kept his breathing to a slow pace as he began to relax his body relieving himself of his tensions. Slowly the chaos that enveloped his mind was brought to order as he sat in complete silence. The sounds of the forest and city could be heard in the distance as if they were a far off place. Time simply lost its meaning as Myth wandered the expanse of his mind. Myth often amused himself with the thought he might have made a decent mage because of this but it was always a passing thought.

The elven prince was mulling over combat strategies hen the voice of Nim'Sul pierced the silence of his mind. A frown touched Myth's lips but it had little to do with the interruption. The news about Rorie must have been bad if Rayann was upset. Slowly his eyes opened and taking his blade in hand Myth rose from the earth. Attaching the blade to his side Myth brushed himself off before finding his way back to the entrance of the tower. It did not take Myth long to appear through the doors to the room. A simple knock was made before entering despite the fact he had been invited. Myth moved like a wraith even by elven standards and he made it a point to mkae his presence known. Emerald eyes fell upon Rayann and he could tell she was upset. Eyes shifted to Nim'Sul and he bowed respectfully.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 am

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 RayannBanner

Rayann was still rather self absorbed in the news she received from Nim’Sul about Rorie that she didn’t even realize Myth was in the room with them until she felt his presence. Glancing up at him from where she sat, she looked away and out at the forest once more. Myth didn’t know what she had planned on doing and even if he had, he wouldn’t have tried to stop her. Not that it would have made any difference. She would have gone through with it anyway.

Over and over Rayann reflected on the words Nim’Sul said to her and even through all the chaotic thoughts she had right now. ‘Partnering with him has forever altered your path’, ‘devastating or will provide a new opportunity to overcome the darkness’, ‘you must allow him to protect you’, ‘you must also protect and guide him’.

It was clear to Rayann now more than ever her future, if she were to have one, was with Myth. She knew she didn’t regret, nor would she ever, falling in love with him and sharing herself in so many ways with him. In fact, before she met Myth, she envisioned her life as nothing more than a solitary being whose only close friend was her twin. Not that she minded in the least, but she was a little jealous of all the other young women her age finding love and partners. Now, that lonely, solitary life she envisioned was shattered and in its place was a vision filled with love, light and understanding. It wasn’t going to be easy, but nothing worth having was ever easy. It was a constant work in progress. Still, Rayann couldn’t help but think of her dear brother.

~Rorie…..where are you? What has become of you? Are you well? Will I ever see you again? Please…come back to me. I’m so sorry for what I did. I never meant to hurt you or do anything to you that would cause us to be separated like this. I was just trying to protect you from yourself…..~

Nothing but silent emptiness greeted her. The connection she once felt with him was not there and Rayann felt a wave of sheer despair wash over her. Her anguish was hard to suppress and try as she might to maintain her composure, she dissolved into a fit of silent sobs as she lowered her face into her hands. The one question that kept running through her mind now was: How could Solinari let me do this?

But even she knew the answer to that as she asked the question. The gift she had been given was subject to free will and no matter what, Rayann was nothing but a mere human who had been given an extraordinary gift, along with her brother, and it was her own free will that had caused her this heartache.

Finally she lifted her tear streaked face and wiped the moisture form her eyes and made herself presentable before she forced herself to stand on shaky legs to look at Myth once more. Her soft voice was almost child like when she spoke as she pulled herself together.

”Come. We shouldn’t insult our host. It’s been a very long day for all of us. Let’s share the meal Nim’Sul has prepared for us and then we’ll make our way back to your quarters.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 am

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 NimsulBanner

Nim’Sul nodded in greeting as Myth entered; he remained silent in voice as Myth approached but spoke to Myth in his mind.

~ “I have informed her that her bother is nowhere to be found, and we believe he is dead. I was planning on telling her by easing into it but she wanted the answer immediately. I don’t blame her, she is a Wizard, and we want knowledge, no matter good or bad. She needs you Myth’Alas; under the strong, highly trained exterior there is a sister who loves her family. So you know, we are looking diligently for Rorie, and I have asked her to restrain from going rogue on us and taking matters into her own hand. There is a very delicate balance that we are trying to maintain, and as you are probably well aware the Dark Queen is not going to take your separation and not delivering Rayann to her lightly. Already we have reports that Draconians, Knights of Tahkisis and Sorcerers of Tahkisis are moving in the Eastern lands. We suspect this new mobilization is a result of her learning that you have broken from her service, she is going to want you dead, and most likely her plan is to make you dead after you watch Rayann die. It’s how she operates.” ~

Nim’Sul stepped back so Myth and Rayann could interact. He feared this taking on a lover for Rayann, it was something that most Wizards refused to do, the study of the craft was life’s number one pursuit, and not relationships with others, however there were those who did. Nim’Sul allowed the lovers their time together, and when Rayann mentioned sharing the meal, Nim’Sul was already gone. There was a note on the table;

“Rayann,

Please enjoy the solace of my terrace. You and Myth’Alas are in need of nourishment and time together. I will leave you to one another. If you need me, send me a missive.

Nim’Sul”

Nim’Sul moved up to the topmost level of his dwelling, Melcindomien was sitting in study, looking through one of Nim’Sul’s spell books. Nim’Sul walked up and spoke to his apprentice. “I don’t recall giving you permission to look through this Melcindomien.” His apprentice looked up; never having realized his Mentor had come into the room. His face went flush and he closed the book quickly, handing it back to Nim’Sul. “I apologize Master, I was merely curious.” “Curiosity is acceptable; taking that which is not yours is punishable.”

Melcindomien’s furrowed his brow slightly and bowed respectfully to Nim’Sul. “Then by your will Master Nim’Sul, I accept what you feel is appropriate.” Nim’Sul looked at Melcindomien a moment and took the spell book, flipping it open and turning its pages. After a few moments of silence he looked back at Melcindomien… “You are studying magic you don’t have the power to wield Melcindomien, do you understand that these spells will kill you if you attempted them? I know you crave knowledge, and I know you are gifted beyond most Magi your age, but you must remember to be patient, heed my council and learn in the proper timing. I am aware of your abilities and I will permit these sort of magics when your body can physically take their effects without killing you.” Melcindomien looked up and nodded and then spoke just above a whisper, “I was merely trying to learn for the trials Master Nim’Sul.”

Nim’Sul was taken aback slightly and spoke, “Who said you were taking the trials? You are 10 to 15 years from taking the trials Melcindomien. You get one chance, ONE, and if you fail, you die, that is the way of magic! No wizard is submitted to the trials until they have a chance to survive. It is the final test of a High Sorcerer, it’s how we separate the chaff from the wheat! Do you wish death upon yourself?” Melcindomien looked at Nim’Sul and spoke, “Respectfully Master, I can take the trials, I can pass!” Nim’Sul leaned forward, his face stern and full of authority… “That’s YOUR opinion!”

Melcindomien stood and burst out the door of the top most level of Nim’Sul’s residence, he slammed the door so hard that it echoed to the lowest levels. As he stormed down the spiral stairs that went along the outermost side of the tower, Rayann and Myth would be able to hear him coming down.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Myth bowed respectively to Nim'Sul when the mage acknowledged his presence. He gave a simple nod in response to the missive he was given. He was well aware of the connection between the twins and her reaction to the news was expected. The decision to leave Rorie behind had not been made lightly. Myth had made certain of her determination to do so. He offered a sympathetic smile when she finally looked his way, but he could see in her eyes she was still in something of a daze and took no offense to her actions as she looked to the forest.

Taking in a breath he looked to the mage noting he was making ready to leave. Myth kept his response to the missive short not wanting to delay the mage "I am well aware of what she intends to do Nim'Sul... but that can be discussed at a later date..."

He gave a nod as Nim'Sul made his exit. He could tell Rayann had not noticed. Taking a seat at the table with Rayann he could see that look in her eyes that said she was thinking heavily. Most likely about Rorie hismself and what she was going to do. It explained the look upon Nim'Sul's face during the ceremony and the urgency of having this meeting afterwards. At the same time however he could feel there was more to things than he was seeing. There always were when mages were concerned.

Sitting patiently till Rayann brought herself out of her thoughts Myth had poured her a drink and was making sure the food was dished out. As he had expected she spoke as if Nim'Sul was there and he only smiled.

"He did not wish to disturb your thoughts... he left you a note..."

Myth sat silently and started eating offering a reassuring smile as they ate. Things were quiet until the sound of a slamming door broke the silence. Myth frowned wondering if there had been news. Myth was standing from the table expecting to see Nim'Sul in a rush but instead saw a young elf.

Myth gave Melcindomien a hard stare as he took note of the seemingly perfect elven features of the boy. Something about him just seemed a little off, but Myth pushed the matter aside for the moment t\looking at other details. He gathered the boy was an apprentice from the look of his robes. He could also see the boy was quite unhappy. He wagered a discussion with Nim'Sul was the likely culprit. With a raised eyebrow he looked to Rayann.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Rayann was not as surprised as one would think her to be when she turned and saw Nim’Sul had left. It was always like him to give space when it was needed. Besides, he knew if she needed to discuss things further with him, all she had to do was say so. Just as his note pointed out.

The fact Myth had waited patiently for her to bring herself around spoke volumes to Rayann and she kissed him tenderly on the forehead in recognition of that just before she sat down. There was no need for words between them right now as she knew he could feel her emotions just as she could feel his own. The emotional drain she felt at learning what she had done to Rorie made her feel weary and she was glad to sit down once again.

Not feeling very hungry but knowing she had to maintain her physical strength, not to mention show Nim’Sul she appreciated his hospitality, Rayann picked at some food and nibbled on it. She had just settled down with Myth to share a silent but soulful meal with him when she heard the door slam from the higher level of the tower followed by the sounds of stomping feet as they descended their owner down the stairs.

This was completely out of Nim’Sul’s character. Rayann knew that to be as true as the fact her hair was white so like Myth, she got to her feet to see what was so urgent as to make such an exit from one place and enter another. As soon as she saw the tail of the robes descending the stairs, Rayann knew who it was. Her look went from curious, raised brows to that of concern and her brows now furrowed.

For some reason, she had a feeling this was not going to be a pleasant encounter and prepared herself for more comments that would most likely have the veiled properness removed from them. In fact, she expected them to be down right insulting and hostile. When Myth glanced her direction, Rayann shared a glance with him that told him all he needed to know.

She didn’t trust this apprentice, Melcindomien.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:44 pm

3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 MelciBanner

Melcindomien turned along the spiral and there stood Myth and Rayann beside the stairwell. He made an immediate stop and looked at both of them, his face was red with rage and his eyes narrowed on Rayann. He would not dare look at the Prince in this matter, but a human, that was a different story.

“I suppose you want an explanation?”

He brushed past them and continued down the stairs without saying another word.

Last edited by zinsk on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm

Rayann didn’t bat an eyelash when the young apprentice barked at her. As he continued on his way, she simply called after him.

”I suppose you mean for the rudeness you are showing in your Teacher’s home? Yes. An explanation would be warranted.”

Rayann didn’t want to get in the middle of anything Nim’Sul and his student had between them, but Melcindomien’s behavior was beyond comprehension and protocol insisted she say something to the young Elf. She could allow his actions towards her to go to the wayside as it was not her place to say anything to him while Nim’Sul was in their presence but for the Elf to act this way in her mentor’s home AND in front of the crown Prince was totally unacceptable
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Melcindomien stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face her. The look of sheer disgust was obvious on his face. He took a step towards her and a thin smile spread on his perfectly sculpted lips.

“My Masters home is less tainted by my behavior and more polluted by the poison of mixing human and Elf blood.” His gaze shifted slightly to look at Myth and then back at Rayann. Myth would know that the mages tended to follow the traditions of the Elves but tended to be slightly outside the Elves laws and traditions having their own codes to follow due to their lifestyle. They fell under the rule of the Speaker of the Stars, but tended to be slightly autonomous from certain protocols. This was a clear act of defiance however, and Melcindomien was certainly beginning to tread in dangerous waters. Logically it would make sense that he would recognize that his temper got the best of him and he had spoken out of sorts in front of the Prince, but it didn’t seem to affect him.

“The deeper spoilage in this place is the union between the Prince of his people and a human. My words will fade in minutes, but the vile act of mixing bloodlines will echo in our society for generations. The next thing you know we will have a half-blood on the throne determined to unite the nation of humans and elves. I also can’t help but find it ironic that I am being lectured by a wizard who was given the greatest gift to ever be bestowed on our discipline and she threw it away like yesterday’s news. How many Magi would be honored to be graced with the favor of all three gods of magic! I suppose this is what happens when the gods trust a human.”

Melcindomien took half a step back, narrowing his gaze on her ever tighter, his eyes burning like fire.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:37 pm

As Rayann listened to the hateful words of the Elf, who was acting more like a spoiled child now, she did her best to keep her anger in check. Still, when he accused her of throwing her gift away like trash, she flinched slightly and furrowed her brows deeper. Her lavender eyes took on a stormy look and her hands clenched at her side for a moment until she took on the neutral stance she did when facing an opponent for clearly that was what it felt like now to her.

Knowing Myth was growing even angrier with the Elf’s words, Rayann lifted her hand to indicate to Myth she wasn’t exactly finished right now. There was much more beneath the surface of this Elf than what met the eye. Even an arrogant Elf like Melcindomien had to know he stepped way over the line by the way he was acting now.

”Be careful what you say, Melcindomien. You are crossing a line you will not be able to cross back over once you have made the fateful choice. And like me, you will have done something you didn’t mean to do and when you realize the consequences of your actions, you will have to live with your choice. I, for one, don’t think you can live with that choice. You’re jealousy is practically oozing through your skin right now and while green is a natural color for some things, it’s not natural for you pallor right now.”

”You are so easy to stand in judgment of me and what I am. And by what, I mean human. The choice Prince Myth’alas has made is of no concern to you. If it were, he would have asked for your opinion. But before you say something else you might regret, let me ask you one question, did you choose to be an elf?”

Rayann narrowed her eyes as she talked to the young upstart. Her question was a simple one but the answer was going to be a simple one, that’s for certain. Her eyes bore into the hateful glare she was receiving form the Elf and she wouldn’t look away or break the contact now no matter what the Elf did. There was something definitely out of sorts here. She couldn’t imagine Nim’Sul taking this arrogant, insolent Elf into his home and mentoring him in the use of the gift he had also been given.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Melcindomien looked Rayann dead in the eyes; his face was as hard and cold as marble.

"No, I did not choose to be an Elf, but I thank the gods every day for creating me to be among the greatest of their creatures! I rest easy knowing I will be staring at your grave during the dawn of my own life."

He kept his eyes locked on hers, refusing to lose this staring match, he had no intention of backing down from a human.

"So, if that is all, Ma'am, I will retire to my quarters so I can continue my studies."

There was obvious condescension in his voice as her called her “Ma’am”. He had chosen to not refer to her by rank, but simply as if she were someone he had just met. There was nothing but contempt and anger in his eyes, and for the briefest of moments, Rayann became aware of the extremely high draw of magic surrounding him. It wasn’t the sense a mage would get as magic was about to be cast; but more the aura of magic that surrounds all living things seeming to be in much higher concentration around Melcindomien. What was worse, as that it would suddenly become obvious to Rayann that he was fully aware of it, and he literally had no fear of her, Myth, or most likely, even Nim’Sul.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Ryann watched the young Elf and saw the magic aura around him become even more visible. She was right to think there was more to this young mage than what met the eye. Noting the lack of apprehension in his gaze and the look of utter contempt for her, Rayann actually smiled. When he referred to her as ‘Ma’am’ she smiled even more.

”Your arrogance is astounding, Melcindomien. You are so self absorbed with your jealousy and hatred of me and my kind that you can’t see what’s right before your face. All you have to do is take a closer look at yourself and see gifts abound all around you. But until you can look past your own nose, you won’t be able to fully appreciate what you have.”

Rayann actually felt sorry for the young apprentice. He was fearless and that could be a huge asset or a terrible liability. Right now, it was a little of both. If he weren’t so hateful to her or saw her as a lesser being, she would be glad to help Nim’Sul with his teachings. But Melcindomien was so full of….negativity that Rayann was still having a hard time understanding why Nim’Sul had agreed to tutor the mage in the first place.

That’s when Rayann thought she saw something. It was fleeting, none the less, but she saw it all the same. And that strange vibration that always seemed to be present when Melcindomien was around returned and was more noticeable than before. No. She needed to get to the bottom of this now. Something bothered her about the young mage, something that wouldn’t let her leave this alone and something she feared for Nim’Sul. Why, she couldn’t be for certain. It was just a nagging feeling she couldn’t shake.

”Your lack of respect to me is tolerable. But the disrespect you’ve shown your mentor is unacceptable. While I can do nothing but verbally admonish you, I pray Nim’Sul will not be insulted by your lack of discipline. But if you were my student, you would not be any more. Gift or no gift, you don’t deserve it if all you will do is act like a spoiled child who is angry because you think someone else has what you do not.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Melcindomien smirked defiantly as she spoke, and his words
came forth with venom.

“Well I suppose it is a gift for both of us then that you are not my Mentor or Master.”

He spun on his heel and spoke as he walked away.

“Now if you will excuse me, I meed to study.”

As he walked away there was an incredible amount of magic flowing around him, it was almost unnatural but at the same time it didn’t feel awkward. Rayann would be able to see, hanging just under the sleeve of his robe the pearlescent spine of a spellbook.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 pm

The magic Rayann felt swirling around the young mage was like anything Rayann had seen before. It fascinated her to no end that someone would have this strange ability to draw magic about them like this yet not recognize it. Surely he felt it flowing around him just as she could feel it and even see it now. As she watched Melcindomien retreat and saw the book she blinked. Before Rayann could stop herself, she called out to the Elf once more.

”No. You are not excused.”

When Melcindomien stopped and turned to face her once more with his glaring hatefulness, Rayann closed the gap between them and stood closer than what would have been considered safe, but for some reason, despite his disgust of her and what she had done, Rayann didn’t fear him. In fact, he acted as though he were angry and disgusted at her, but she didn’t really feel those emotions coming from him. How was that possible?

Now that she was this close to the magic surrounding him, she felt it flowing through her as though she were standing in a river. For a brief second, she closed her eyes and felt the warmth of the magic as it passed through her. When she opened her eyes, she glanced down at his hand then back at him again. Her voice was not as loud as it previously was when she spoke.

”May I take a look at your spell book? I promise not to taint it with my humanness. I merely wish to see how far you’ve advanced in Nim’Sul’s care.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Melcindomien turned as she spoke to him, his face had a look of “Who the hell are you?”. He didn’t even flinch as she approached and he looked at her curiously as she closed her eyes for that brief moment. She spoke of his spell book and he looked down, his gaze returning from his right sleeve to her eyes.

“What spell book?”

He lifted his hands up between them and they were clearly empty. The magic that flowed between them began to feel a little uncomfortable, as though it was reacting to his emotions, pulsing like a heartbeat and increasing slightly in intensity. Rayann might begin to feel the sensation of warmth slowly fade and in its place a slight sense of nausea as the pulse radiated between them.

“My spell book is in my quarters, where it should be. When I am in my Master’s chamber I read and study what he wishes of me and I scribe spells on scrolls for memorization and his checking. Those spells are stored in his quarters not mine. Perhaps if you wish to learn more about my progress with Nim’Sul you should address him since he is my instructor, not follow up with me, the student.” His voice was much smoother now, having far less anger in it and more cold calculation.

He stepped back slightly, the close proximity to her finally becoming slightly uncomfortable. Elves by nature were not known for being close and affectionate, but it was also the look in her eyes, there was more to her question than merely wanting to know his progress, she was searching for something more, testing him in some way, and above all, he would only be able to mask the spell book with his invisibility spell for a few more minutes. Melcindomien could feel her distrust now, but he cared not, she was human after all.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:35 pm

At this close range, Rayann felt the change in everything. The warmth fade to cold and the way that once giddy sensation of the magic flowing between them turn to something that made her feel nauseated as it pulsated between them. There! That was what she was looking for! He was rattled by her closeness and now his true nature was coming out and what she was sensing was not something she liked in the least.

Her eyes once more bore into his and as she fought off the nausea, she refused to give any quarter. His voice was different and she noticed the change from less, clipped, angry words to something smoother. As though his words were flowing over cold, smooth steel.

But it was his answer that convinced her he was being deceitful. She saw the book as clearly as she was standing here in front of him and while she could be accused of a good many thing, she couldn’t be accused of seeing things. Not something like that, anyway. The book was here. Of that she was absolutely certain. And any accomplished mage would be proud to show another what they have learned thus far. As he stepped back, Rayann did as well.

”Very well. I shall do as you suggest. But…before you go….I have just one last question for you, Melcindomien.”

Rayann’s lavender eyes took on the slightest glow as she asked her question. Prior to asking the question, she cast her Probe Thoughts spell to seek out the answer to the question she was asking the young mage. It was time to put an end to the game and get to the bottom of things.

”Who are you, really?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Melcindomien watched carefully as Rayann stepped back, his eyes shifted slightly, looking at Myth, and then back to Rayann. Myth would instantly recognize, from his warrior perspective, that this was no glance of concern or fear, it was the glance of someone that was about to do something, it was an assessment of the situation, knowing where all the adversaries stood, and the stage of calculation that preceded the strike and determined in what order and from what angles the attack would begin and where it would end.

"I am the shift in the gap, the one of strong will, she who strengthens in the defeat of the adversary." There was a feminine laugh that echoed from Melcindomien's lips.

The Probe Thoughts spell hit Melcindomien, and he pushed back, there was a force pressing against Rayann with such intensity it was unnatural and dangerously concerning. The push was laced with dark magic and if not countered would begin to create a splitting pain between the halves of the brain, a feeling as if the brain and skull were being split down the middle from the inside out.

Suddenly Melcindomien's eyes flashed and the thin slit pupils of reptile eyes, specifically those of a black dragon revealed themselves. "You are not the only one who can perform dazzling feats of the eye Rayann Padraig, White Robe, Killer of your twin! The difference is your pretty little violet eyes are merely a queer manifestation of being made in the desire of a god, mine were a gift of a goddess, and serve a much more profound function."

There was a brilliant burst of crimson light, mixed with a hideous spiral of pea green that spun and twirled, revealing an elf female; her features were even more beautiful than those of Melcindomien who was formerly standing before Myth and Rayann. Her robes were cloth, but moved and twitched like thick, black smoke that had been poured over her shoulders. Her honey blond hair seemed to be braided with shadow that moved and twitched with every motion and lay gently across her lily white skin. She was the exact same height as Rayann, and was distinctly Elven with sharp, female characteristics to her face. In a way she almost looked like the appropriate doppelganger, to Rayann, similar facial features, and wearing the exact opposite color of robes. The iridescent sleeves shimmered slightly and the perfect, silver crescent of Tahkisis hung from her neck, proudly displayed just above the fold of her outer robes. She appeared to be around 120 years old, but she held herself like one who had seen thousands of years of battle. A sphere of shadow suddenly engulfed her and cleared enough for them to see one another, as she starred at Rayann, a sneer that mirrored the one she had seen on Melcindomien's face earlier appeared.

"What you should be asking yourself Miss Rayann, is not who I am, but what."

The young elf female brought up from within her robes a dazzling white spellbook, the exact one that Rayann had seen under the robe sleeve. It rested tenderly in the palm of the female Elf's hand and she stared at it, and then back to Rayann. "It is unfortunate that you were able to sense me before I was ready to reveal myself, but no matter, the damage has already been done. As for what you can call me, my name is Shulamite, the Dark One."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:11 pm

The instant Rayann felt the pain I her head, she recoiled mentally but physically she merely stepped back another foot. Casting a protective shield around her, she saw the transformation of Melcindomien into that of the black robed mage before her. The Dark Queen had sent one of her minions here. To Nim’Sul. How long had this mage been pretending to be a white robe? The damage this could to the White Mage council alone was too much to even think about right now.

Rayann had to act quickly. There was little time to lose. Those special eyes of hers seemed to need some attention and Rayann was going to give them all they could handle. Casting a spell of her own instantly followed by another one, she tried to disorient this…Shulamite and take back what belonged here, in the Tower of Nim’Sul..

” Caecus Palma Vehementer Manus manus!”

A blinding light to only Shuilamite flooded the immediate area followed by what felt to Shulamite like a violent push backwards from an unseen force and Rayann reached to grab the spell book from her grasp.

”You should not have come here, Shulamite and try to take that which doesn’t belong to you! And Rorie IS NOT DEAD!”

With the last three words Rayann spoke Shulamite felt a searing pain in her head that felt like twin ice picks trying to pierce her skull from the outside in and from the inside out.

In the back of her mind, Rayann felt the familiar presence of Myth and he was very close now instead of being on the other side of the room. A fleeting thought crossed Rayann’s mind and she wondered if this Shulamite knew what sort of hornets nest she walked into by taking on this task for her Queen. No doubt the mage was quite able to handle herself or she wouldn’t have been sent to this city, to this tower. But it was a suicide mission if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Myth stood crossing his arms as Rayann stepped forward to confront the young apprentice. The look she had given him was all he needed to see to know that his own suspicions had some merit. If she felt it then Myth had no doubts about what he was thinking. Time amongst the dark one's forces had made the presence of them easier to spot. This boy exuded a physical perfection that defied reality. Myth would have sworn that a polymorph spell or illusion may have been in place. His mouth remained shut however because he wanted to see how things would play out. A talk with Nim'Sul at this point was a certainty.

The disrespectful tone that the young one took with Rayann made Myth's blood boil. It was not out of anger for the rudeness to his lover but out of rudeness to a royal guest. There were protocols and human or not Rayann was still his guest. Not only that she was certainly a superior as well. As an apprentice Myth new the trials had not been taken and as such in even mage society she was of a higher class than him. The sheer disrespect this elf showed simply had no end. Elves were not fond of humans but this was borderline even by Myth's standards.

Myth's lip began to curl as his anger grew and as Rayann raised her hand to ward him he took that as a sign to calm himself. He was the prince and should show better self control. He withdrew in himself so that he could put on a mask of indifference upon his face. His mind was slipping to the darker places however. Not but six months earlier Myth would have already strung this mage up to dry like dirty laundry letting his entrails spill upon the earth. At that thought Myth chastised himself mentally and instead focused his eyes upon the elf before him.

There was something that just didn't seem right about him and after pondering it long enough it came to him. One of Myth's skills was reading his opponents body language. In more than one instance it had saved him even from a mage. A persons body had so many ways to show how they felt or what they might do. Myth was reading nothing from Melcindomien. Not even the most disciplined warrior could hide all his tells. They could conceal them to some extent but there was always a way to see something. Myth saw nothing watching the mage.

As the mage tried to walk away once more Myth noted the spellbook in his hand. There was a twitch in Myth's ear because he knew that the entire time they had speaking they had not seen it. As the boy turned to face Rayann once more he watch as the book returned to obscurity, and subsequently lied about possessing the item. His eyes shifted to Rayann as she began to press the matter and when it looked like she would relent the question in both their minds came out.

"Who are you?"

The response to the question was not entirely what Myth had expected but at the same time it confirmed what he had already thought. A plant in the office of a high ranking white robe in a place the Queen knew they would go. Myth wondered how long she had been here but it was a fleeting thought as one hand slipped to the hilt of his blade. With but a thought the chain melted away. It was not the only weapon Myth possessed though, just the most obvious one.

There was a tingling in his mind that caused him a small amount of discomfort. He knew that this elf had cast the first salvo in the fight as Rayann took a step back. Myth steeled his mind pushing the feeling away instead bringing Rayann to focus in his mind. They had trained day and night to fight together as one should the need arise. Myth new that the twins themselves would have been formidable opponents. Myth also knew that he and Rayann would never share that same level of efficiency. While they had connected themselves mentally at a deep level he was neither her twin nor a mage, and unknown to Myth there were other factors that had heightened the twins abilities. However Myth brought a different skill set to work with Rayann's magic that required a different level of efficiency. It relied on her skills as a mage and his skills as a fighter to percieve things upon the field of battle.

Myth's eyes focused as he pushed out everything from his mind except for Rayann and the presence before him. All had gone silent as Myth slid into a defensive crouch a hand upon the hilt. This was why they had trained day and night as they traveled. Rayann could feel that he was ready, coiled like a viper ready to strike.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Shulamite laughed deviantly when the flash of light burst forth, dragon eyes were immune to such tactics. She was about to make a move when the pain hit her skull and she recoiled, the spell book disappearing into smoke and wisping away. She grit her teeth and focused, the pain in her mind being repelled as she forced the sensation from her skull. She smiled again as she spun, the robes she wore taking on an almost supernatural appearance as the moved half a second ahead of her. Her face began to become transparent and Rayann would feel an incredibly sickening feeling as Shulamite drew in the ambient magic all around them, pulling it to her body. The sensation was revolting, and it would become clear to her what Nim’Sul had said to her about this being a “perverted” art… Rayann would be able to feel the very fabric of magic been shredded all around her.

Shulamites eyes flashed a deep crimson and she screamed as the spell left her body. Thrusting her arms outwards, a massive explosion detonated in the hallway sending a massive shockwave in a full 360 degree sphere. The stairs under Shulamites feet and the outer walls beside her evaporated under the compression wave that was created, and the entertaining room that was to the interior took an incredible amount of damage. Shulamites body turned to smoke and she appeared all the way across the tower, standing in front of the railing of the terrace where the meal had been originally set. Where Rayann (and Myth?) were standing, the integrity of the towers structure had been severely compromised and was crumbling away beneath their feet. To complicate matters, Shulamite, about 75 meters away now, was chanting and concentrating, gathering the magic around her to cast again. Rayann didn’t recognize the words being chanted, but she would definitely be able to feel that what was about to transpire was pulling as much magic towards Shulamite as she had just felt when the first explosion went off.

A voice whispered around Rayann, as if the voice was floating all around her body…

“Murderer… killer of the twin… murderer, killer of the twin…”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 am

Rayann couldn’t believe what she was seeing or feeling. Never had she come across anything like this and she was certain this black mage had been chosen for this particular task because of the incredible power she felt. As the magic around her felt the rift of the magic around her, she knew, with a sickening clarity, why Nim’Sul was so concerned about why she and Rorie were no longer one.

The explosion was powerful but thankfully Rayann had just a split second to cast a protective spell around her and Myth, preventing them from succumbing to the shockwave itself and the falling debris of the crumbling tower. They still felt some impact of the shockwave but not as much as they would have if they hadn’t been protected.

As Shulamite disappeared only to reappear further away, Rayann instantly knew why the black mage separated herself from her and Myth. She was getting ready to cast once more. Hearing the strange whispered words Shulamite spoke, Rayann once more felt the shredding of the magic around her so the black mage would have the power she needed for the spell.

That’s when something Nim’Sul and Shulamite herself said to Rayann that made the White Robe think of something she’d never done before. Both of them told Rayann she was graced by all three Gods, not just one. While she had chosen the path of only one, three gods had a hand in her and Rorie’s creation.

Looking over at Myth, she sent a missive to him that wasn’t spoken with mental words, but a mental image. It was the way they had learned to communicate these situations and this was a test of their ability to work together. There was precious few moments this was going to take place but Rayann knew Myth was more than ready for it. Already she had cast the spells that would aid him and she could feel the drain upon her and knew she would have to insure she had enough strength to finish things.

As the voice around her accused her of murdering her twin, Rayann felt just the slightest break in her resolve but then she felt something within her tell her…..no…..confirm her suspicions, that Rorie wasn’t dead. If he were, this black mage would show Rayann his dead body to rub it in her face to break her down. But Shulamite didn’t count on one tiny shred of the link still being in place. Rayann could still feel Rorie’s heartbeat within her. She didn’t recognize it until now and with that knowledge, she began drawing magic around her into herself as well as she prepared to cast her own spell.

In order to do what she needed to do, the protection spell around Rayann and Myth had to be dropped leaving them both vulnerable for a short time. A high risk to take, yes, but Rayann prayed to all three Gods to please give her the ability to do what needed to be done, for the sake of Krynn.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:16 am

Shulamite could feel Rayann pulling power to herself. She knew that the pair of Myth, Prince of Silvanesti, and Rayann Padraig of Solinari was not to be underestimated. She was certain that Myth would be guiding Rayann in a training regiment that included how to counter the forces of Tahkisis, since he had been an instrumental part of that force for so long.

The magic around her increased in intensity and Shulamites eyes opened as she thrust her arms outwards again, the explosion rocked the tower and took a 15 meter chunk out of the core structure as well as obliterated almost the entire terrace. She vanished again, just milliseconds before the spell fired. She appeared again, this time all the way across the room at the furthest point possible from Myth and Rayann. It was a great distance, and obviously was chosen because there was nothing but wall behind her, and the sides were semi protected by furniture and other objects in the room. It was obvious that this dance had been pre-calculated, and Shulamite was doing everything in her power to use the terrain to her advantage, cutting off as many angles of attack as possible. She smirked at Rayann and held the pearl bound book in her hand.

Myth would be able to observe, more than Rayann (though she might pick up on it too); that Shulamites location also created a perfect equilateral triangle from the other two places of spell detonation. The Tower shuttered under its own weight and the obvious was now on Myth’s mind, one more blast of that size and this whole tower would collapse, pan caking against itself and toppling to the ground. Shulamite brought up her left hand and curled her finger towards Rayann, speaking in a mocking whisper that could be heard as if Shulamite was right beside her. “Come little pretty, come and take the book that belongs in the white tower.”

Shulamite was gathering magical energy again, but playing with her enemies as well, Rayann would be able to feel that it would only be seconds before Shulamite would have gathered enough power to create a third arcane explosion.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Myth grumbled slightly as the tower shook from the force of the first explosion. Myth may not have been a mage but as a former warrior of the queen he was more than aware of what Shulamite was doing to the flow of magic around them. He remembered it be called ambient magic. Their opponent was drawing power form the very air around them and using it to power her spells as opposed to drawing from the gods. He knew it was a cause of concern for the mages of the Krynn because he had seen more than one mage become squeemish when fighting a sorcerer of the queen.

In a test of sword Myth felt no equal. In a test of magic Myth knew he was at a disadvantage at least to some degree. However that did not mean he had no options. Eyes quickly scanned the tower as the images Rayann sent flowed through his mind. His eyes became focused and as Myth prepared to moe Shulamite let forth her second explosion. Keeping his balance he watched as she appeared once more and he frowned slightly. She did not want to fight them only drop the building on them. One way or another it was going to come down.

Myth focused his emerald eyes once more upon Shulamite and there was a slight crouch to his pasture. There was one ability that he rarely showed any one being in all the lands. The few warriors in the queen's army that had seen this ability were dead by Myth's own hand or would not speak of it. He was annoyed that he would have to employ this skill now in such a place but time was no friend here as he could feel the build up of power again.

Knees bent slightly and both would see yth take a step forward but see entirely different things. Rayann would feel Myth moving but her human eyes would not be able to track the warrior. Shulamite possessed the eyesight of a dragon though and she would see the large warrior closing the gap with a speed that defied anything she knew. If not for her dragon sight he would have been a blur to even her. She could see why he had the nickname of the Crimson Wind.

In a blink he would pass her spin and strike with the blue moon as he drew it from it's sheath. While he would like to kill the woman it was a manuever to get her to break her casting and force her to move.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Rayann knew this mage was a dirty player but now she was seeing just how nasty she really was. Her intent was to crush them all beneath the heavy debris of the crumbling tower and while Rayann would have loved to engage this mage more, her first priority was protecting the occupants. As she felt Myth move rather than see him, she hoped the spell she placed on Blue Moon would help Myth do what he needed to do. Rayann cast her Absorption spell and concentrated on Shulamite as she aimed, using the black mage as her target to try and prevent the Queen’s minion from doing any more harm. But that didn’t mean Rayann couldn’t give the mage something to remember her by.

Reaching into her robes, Rayann withdrew her hand and withdrew her hand, tossing the contents of it over her head. A cloud of fine sand appeared above Rayann’s head and as she whispered the spidery words of magic once again, the grains of sand began to glow brightly before they were dispatched in all directions. The light was so bright it appeared to illuminate the area brighter than the sunlight. Knowing Shulamite would quickly blink away when she saw what Myth was doing, Rayann was going to give her a welcome when the black mage reappeared. It wasn’t so much the light Rayann was using as a weapon but the glowing grains of sand themselves when they pelted the black mage when she reappeared.

Rayann tried once more to get the book in Shulamite’s possessions and she reached out with her hand as she cast one more spell to get the book away from Shulamite. They HAD to retrieve the book. If Shulamite were to leave with the spell book, the scale would be tipped heavily in the Dark Queen’s favor and that was something they couldn’t let happen.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Shulamite could not have been more delighted, the pairing was as predictable as they were over confident. Every nuance of this event had been thought out and planned, and she watched as the dance unfolded before her. Myth launched himself from the shadow where he crouched like a rat, waiting for a morsel to hit the floor, and when he sprung the perfect ballet unfolded. The Dark Queen had given her all the information on Myth, his speed, his incredible surgical accuracy, and his unworldly agility which allowed him to hit without being seen. Rayann was easier to predict, or so she thought, it was after all, a mage versus mage conflict erupting on that side of the equation, and Shulamite was prepared, for the most part.

She pushed, the gathering of magic was a rouse that gave the impression of a third explosion, when in fact the magic drew itself around her like a blanket and turned to a vortex and she began to dissipate, spinning within its circular motion, however she did not achieve the transformation from material to immaterial fast enough, and she felt the horrific sting of Rayann’s spell against her flesh as the last remnants of matter were turning to mist. She had no teeth to grit now, but if she had they most certainly would have been clenched hard and tight. She contained the sensational pain she was in despite not having a physical body and focused on Myth, he was the lynch pin to this whole plan. As he closed the gap, she could almost see things in slow motion; her dragon eyes the only thing making this plan possible. She moved in the vortex to put the arc of Myth’s blade between the pearl bound book that had only milliseconds before been in her flesh hand, and let Rayann’s spell grab it. The pull of the spell to take it to Rayann brought the book directly into the razor sharp blade of Myth’s strike, and the book was cleaved cleanly in half. At the very instant of contact, a scream above them rang clear and distinct, the voice of Nim’Sul.

As Myth completed his strike and came to a halt Shulamite reformed in the center of the room, shredded pages of the dissected spell book whirling all around her caught in the turbulence of his movement and the last remaining effects of her spell. “How does it feel knowing you have just struck down the single greatest mage to ever walk the face of Krynn?”

She laughed viciously and dropped to her knees, her body engulfed in shadow evaporated as a third explosion, larger than the previous two erupted from where she stood. It was directed straight down, and Myth would know it was right on top of the main support structure of the entire tower. The explosion went downward in a cone shape and the whole top of the tower began to sway and moan under the pressure of its own weight. The shadow of Shulamite lingered barely a second and the whispers surrounded Myth and Rayann again…. “Murderer… killer of the White Mage…. Murderer… killer of the White Mage…”

--
Nim’Sul awoke from the trance with a start. The sharp pain in his chest felt like a wild animal was ripping him to pieces and it felt as though his whole body was being torn apart. His robes were shredded and flung hastily all over the room, and he clutched at his heart as the whole room began to swing and sway after the sound of a violent explosion. He gasped as every breath caused the pain in his body to intensify and he could feel the lingering of dark magic, his soul had been cleaved and removed. He grasped at the floor, and looking up in horror realized that the worst was not yet revealed to him, the Staff of Winds was gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3: Trials by Fire   3:  Trials by Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3: Trials by Fire
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: PORTALS OF ASGARD - Other worldly tales :: Shards of Krynn :: Shards of Krynn Book 1-
Jump to: