Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Discussing Dreams

Go down 
+2
Kutsu Shita
Vaudeville
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:17 pm

ROFL

Sucker punch indeed.

Since she has NO idea Raj isn't Raj, it will come as nothing other than what it was intended to be.

Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Kind'a figured that... nothing of yet had really occurred to give her a heads up.

We'll see what happens. I am as anxious as everyone else to get to Baloc, but we have to deal with this pesky Mermadon... plus, Elija and Sam still have their hands full with the other two swindlers on board. I would think though, that it would be in their best interest not to act until they were closer to the city, but that's up to Lac.

By the next morning we should be in Baloc, the place that Mallethden does not want to end up. A lot can happen over the course of the night, though, we'll see...
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 pm

LOL

Sam is still on the loose and Elija won't stay put for anything, knowing him and the way Lac plays him. The trouble is, they won't have a clue as to where she is. That shot was pretty good and she'll be out of it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Totally!

Lac can assume that the unconscious Colleen has been tied up and stowed away under the cover of the lifeboat.

Yeah, I figure she'll be out for at least half of an hour and during that time, Mallethden we'll be on the hunt for Elija. He will obviously use his mother against him... the old, 'you better come with me or she's dead'... thing.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Evil Mermadon is right....

LOL
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:17 pm

LOL

True to Elija form!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:23 pm

JUst didn't want it to be over too quickly. Thinking maybe causing the Mermadon a setback but not an ultimate defeat. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Yeah. We have to give the bad guys an equal share of success here. Ultimately, the whole thing could sway one way or the other. I'm never a "good always wins" sort of thing. While I LIKE for that to happen, I know that isn't always the way it will go.

With Col out of it and soon to be stowed away, and the window of opportunity getting smaller and smaller with each passing minute, the Mermadon will have to make a decision.

Or not.

It could be he winds up with both of his intended targets.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes down.

mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:44 pm

I just believe in being realistic. Mallethden is well trained and experienced as an assassin. Elija's street smarts may keep him out of harms way but he wouldn't stand a chance in a straight fight against the Mermadon. Not that luck and ingenuity don't have their merits. I think that Mallethden would be able to counter any 'normal' (predictable) attacks from a child.

Don't forget the witches and warlocks in Meirithal are also keeping watch. They may be able to turn the tables for the boy when it is most needed.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Exactly. And with the Mermadon able to get so close by usig his ability to disguise himself, he put himself in perfect position to get to Colleen.

I LOVE the use of the magic, Tiph. It's something we haven't really done before in this thread and I like that. While it has it's moments, the story has mostly relied on common sense, survival instinct and that air of mystery as to what each character will have an ability to do.

I'm glad to be writing in this thread once more. I've missed it.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:40 pm

I was thinking that may eventually want to append the way the 'magic' works... build on it.

The Mermadon should use magic differently than the Humans. I referred to Mallethden being an 'illusionist' and so I am keeping his magic in that area, although these creatures would also have no doubt acquired other spells along the way to suit their purposes. The blue eels are an example of this.

All magic is rooted in the original areas of Mind, Elemental, etc... but the Mermadon have taken the use of these powers to the next level. They will have majors and minors.

Eventually I will do a write up on Mallethden and Yassun just so we can keep a documentation of their powers and history. I am surprised we never did that before since they have both become major characters.

Hopefully Elija's situation does not seem too dire. If a way out cannot be seen right now an escape will surely become apparent later.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:05 am

MMMMMM wonder what Sam and the rest of the Shody End gang will do when Elija and Collene don't show up. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:16 am

Give the good captain and his crew a run for their money.

Literally.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am

Yes... I figured it was only fitting to give the Shoddy End gang a shot at saving Colleen and Elija.

Once a commotion starts it should be all hands on deck and the end of Mallethden's covert kidnapping. He would most likely try and make a stand. Magic vs. Guns.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:14 pm

I wrote a little intro for Baloc in the LEXICON, just to set the stage. Don't let me hog the setting though, please add some posts to LEXICON is there's anything else you would like to establish ahead of time in the new city.

As mentioned before in the story one of the main reasons that Baloc is not disturbed by Dragons is because beneath it is a dormant Wyre, perhaps the very resting place of the Dragon Queen Gallenthdrah.

"Gallenthdrah's map." Lasekura stated, and the Marshall confirmed his declaration with an all knowing nod. Then he went on to describe that the ruby eyed dragon was the guardian of Miang Dhowja's chamber, the place where the scribe created the dragon runes that captured the words of the great Dragon Queen Gallenthdrah. "I had almost lost hope and began to believe that the map was just a myth but by Gods and Dragons, here it is!" Raj exclaimed, his eyes wide, revering the ancient scroll.

Perhaps it may also end up being a Dragon graveyard... I dunno.

My thoughts were that the leader of the current Wyre that is terrorizing the Western World does not want to risk awakening the Queen... because basically, she'll kick his ass. This presents a question though. Why wouldn't the 'good' Dragons that had guided Lasekura and dwell in Tiann just go and wake her up? The answer: They don't know where she is or even that she may yet live only the evil leader has knowledge of this. Also, Dragons are highly territorial and will not often risk leaving their area.

Just some thoughts. We are pages and pages and pages away from such a development. I am far more looking forward to just establishing a new city and one that would not fall so easily to a Ta'kun army and is immune to bothersome Dragons... well not outside of the city.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:52 am

Yes... Basha is back. You can't keep a legend down.

The other characters might wonder why they haven't seen him on board (the ship isn't that big) and the answer's simple. He hasn't been. He was traveling along the river toward the city (yes at in the middle of the night, this is Basha, he doesn't do anything easy) when he spied the commotion.

It will come out that he's not a passenger but your posts can reflect it if you want to write any of the sub-characters in the scene like the doctor, the captain or deck-hands.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Excellently played, Tiph. Bravo!!
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Yes Yes Yes another excellent post Tiph. I like the idea od a Dragon Grave yard, A sacred place.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks... yes, I believe the grave yard idea may be the way to go.

If Baloc (unknown to its citizens) is a sacred Dragon resting place then there is much to be discovered far below it's sewers in the yet undiscovered immense ancient catacombs.

In time, Elija and those who support him, will learn from discoveries in the ancient city where to search for the Dragon Queen. I am thinking she will be far away, and that will mark the beginning of an epic quest to another land. For now, though, it will just be nice to get settled in Baloc and rebuild what we lost in Fort Glory.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 pm

The Memorial for the characters is awesome Lac.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:15 am

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:44 am

All will be revealed soon enough as to how Basha knows that Raj is dead and also how he just happened to be on the shoreline of the river during the struggle with Mallethden.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 am

Sorry for the hold-up... I'll post as soon as I can. I'd attempt it right now... but I am quite tired and so I don't think it would make a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Completly understood, Tiph. I didn't post last night because of the same issue.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:25 pm

I believe a new chapter is in order.

What do you two think?

What ever you would like to call it is fine with me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Dreams   Discussing Dreams - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussing Dreams
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next