Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Sounds good then, we'll just make things up as go along. The characters will have a long way to travel, but we can just time lapse that and create a new chapter, maybe give it a sub-title to differentiate it, like Beast World or something.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:58 pm

'World of Evolution' title can be changed. That is fine with me. I can also change the 2 moons and pink and white clouds. Not a problem.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:14 pm

Okay, see if 'Chitara works'. If she does, could you make a pic for her. Please and thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Sure you wanna use a Thundercat name? affraid

A cheeta type would be cool though. I imagine the world could be medieval, I guess like the Bronze Age, before platemail and long bows, that would be most like a classic, barbarian setting.

We'll just wing it, and develop it along the way. Depending on how things go you can adapt elements from your world if it seems pertinent. We just take it slow and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:23 pm

The Thundercats are:

Cheetara, Liono, Tigra, and Panthero. There are also Wiley Kit and Kat and Snarf but they're annoying.

Thundercats are post-apocalyptic, but also very high-tech.

Last edited by Tiphereth on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:23 pm

That's why that name sounded so familiar to me. lol! No, I will change it. Let me think. LOL
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:24 pm

How's that?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:25 pm

Thundercats are on the move, Thundercats are loose!....

Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats!

Sword of Omens give me sight beyond sight!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:27 pm

You're a goof-ball!! jocolor So, does 'Sabine' the jaguar mutant work?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Not bad. Sabine is cool. Sabine, Sabynn, Sabyan, Sabbyth.... LOL

Jaguar works great. I made my character a Tiger which really doesn't work for the south, but he just looked so cool so I thought he could be a rarity. I really like a Jaguar though.

You can set things up and Odeyon and Stasinus will bump into her. Well, gotta go for now.

As tigger says,

TTFN!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Oh, one more thing. Start a new chapter. Just call it something and I'll add my two cents later. Tanks!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Oh, okay, I already posted in the other, but will do that now.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Oh, Sin. I thought that Sabine could already be in the South. Being a race of the south it wouldn't make any sense for her to be in the North with Odeyon. We can save a lot of time, if Sabine is already on some island, in the South. We can come up with names as we go along, but if you writer her in any situation with any other characters you like, my two guys will catch you up.

By then, Stasinus can be healed, after the long trek southward.

That's sort of what I meant. I am mentioning this now since it should be hard for you to make the adjustment.

Sound alright?
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Hmmmm, okay. Sorry about that. Okay. Can I have her on the mainland in the south and how long will it take your guys to make it down there? I'm assuming that they have dugout canoes to go to the mainland for hunting or things like that. Maybe she can be searching for Odeyon, the 'tribe' or 'clan' having sent her out to find him and they meet up somewhere in between where the guys are now and the south land. Your call. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:43 pm

I changed Sabine's profile and am waiting on your reply to my last post here in Band Banter so that I can change my other posts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Okay, this is just what I was thinking.

South America is now a vast collection of islands, I suppose if you want your character to start on the coast of what was Mexico, she could do that, but the way I see it the South Islands, are remote and isolated which is why they have developed a bronze age style society and are pretty much all animal mutants of varying degrees. (Your character seems to have more feline facial features than human, like Odeyon)

I thought you might like to set the stage. I'll figure out a way for the Cheysulia and Lion-man to get there... it is going to take a long time, so they'll have a bit of story to tell should it come up.

The islands are massive, to minute, so your character can easily be in the jungle somewhere, or in a village, a fortress, anywhere you want. Smile You can even just start out on some trail walking somewhere. Think 'BEGINNING OF A MOVIE'. A character is introduced and right away the viewer is curious what this person is doing? Where are they going? What is their goal? What is their crisis? Y'know, the usual stuff that makes a character interesting and builds a world.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Okay, will do. Constructive criticism a must on your part for it will be welcome and wanted. LOL But, just so I am clear, she is not looking for Odeyon? Only going to the mainland when necessary. Correct? Will also make the proper changes or if you like, go ahead and delete my last post in the storyline with Sin. The very first post with Sabine. Yea, just go ahead and delete that one and I will edit the first one in As the World Evolves.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Scratch the delete of the post. Was able to do it myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Yeah. Sabine and Odeyon have absolutely no connection right now.

Odeyon is coming home, so he is headed to the South Islands and bringing Stasinus (who is actually from an 'African Clan' which now resides in the Southern Islands). I was envisioning them living on one of the larger land masses, which can be about the size of Montana or something like that.

I could make up an entire village with characters and create some sort of setting but I just thought I would give you the opportunity.

We have to develop the world somewhat, so details are always important, then later we can work on a protagonist to give the characters something to do.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 pm

A good beginning I'll have the boys pop on by... Smile

By the way I like the name of the storyline. 'As the World Evolves', is classic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:07 am

I purposely put the guys an hour's north, while the village is to the south east, so Sabine is two hours away from the village and night is falling. I imagine that most of the 'cat' mutants are far more active at night anyway, but I wanted to build up a bit more dialog rather than just have the two traveler's land on the beach and 'bam!', immediately run into another character.

I've always been one to let character's gravitate toward each other naturally, being drawn to each other by events, rather just forcing a meeting without having any sort of background laid out.

This is a good time to have some 'world building', I've tossed in some names and general locations, your character could in turn add some more details about the village or herself while on her hunt, or perhaps a natural event could lead her northward toward the coast, since it would be unlikely that she would move further away from the village after she has made her kill.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:55 pm

The thundering noise could be a rockslide or a volcano rumbling. If you have a bettter idea, put it in, or else I'll just use the rockslide.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Sin,

Honestly I am not even sure what do with my characters at this point, Sabine has come full circle in a two or three hour period in three posts you have placed in a row. Usually when one posts multiple times, they do so with different characters to help develop the story, or simply write an event. That aside I really don't have the time right now to try figure out and role play what this new significant event is. Were it a volcano, people would say, "Hey that's a volcano?".

I realize you created the event to somehow, connect your characters to mine, but to me that is still forcing a meeting by creating a situation which has now seriously effected the story. This noise is now an event, otherwise why would anyone think to investigate it? And, if it is that loud it will be attracting people from all over so what we are going to have is an orgy of characters in one spot.

Even if you had some spectacular idea behind the event, I am really not good at jumping into a story without giving my characters some more of a setting, which i have not yet had a chance to establish. I have to admit that I am not a great role player, I am a story writer, and prefer it because I do not have time, for posts that require a constant exchange of information between two characters which is what is going to happen if Sabine and the other two characters meet on the beach at this time.

I may use Odeyon and Stasinus in another story in the future but I will have to bow out of this one. Sorry about that, but it's just a little to complicated for me right now. I would rather use my time to expand some of the other stories we have on the go right now.

Odeyon and Stasinus would have been at their village by the time Sabine returned to the beach, so we'll just leave them there where they can live happily ever after for now.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 pm

I can redo my posts. Would that work okay? I didn't realize exactly what you meant about forcing a meeting. And I didn't think either about a loud noise drawing that much attraction. Don't ask me why I didn't think about it, I just didn't. But, if you'd like, I can fix my posts, it's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 pm

No worries. Honestly I really don't have the time at the moment. Sorry about that, I really hate starting a story and then having to quit it. I should have just taken the time to write a monster post, but I like to leave gaps for other writers to add their own stories so that we can build up some information, then we cross the information, then the characters have a reason for meeting and purpose to solidify their relationship. As it stands right now, Odeyon and Stasinus don't have a reason for hanging out with Sabine.

I think this story line has a lot of potential, but because it's such a strange world, a lot needs to be established and I don't have the time right now to help build it.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next