Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos

Go down 
+2
SinTara
Tiphereth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Alter Egos - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:16 am

Don't know if you have the time, Kasai, but I gave you an in back into the story.

I am switching the setting over to the Eden Foundation, which is just outside of Lake Placid, New York. It is the place where this 'episode' could pretty much get wrapped up, but since it's sitting over a RAID detention centre this will most likely be one of the most dangerous missions the characters have been on.

Should be fun... be cool if you could jump in, but if not no worries. It's fun just weaving the tale along... even by my lonesome... although it's far more interesting when someone else is filling in the blanks lurking around the corners.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:45 am

Does anyone know who KajolThappar is? His or her post make absolutely no sense. To me anyway. Can any of you make sense of them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:06 am

I sure in the hell can't make sense of any of them. Maybe a block is in order until we find out who he/she is and what it is they are doing. He/she is definately not following the rules of Bifrost. Sick the Swatter on to him/her! LOL
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 am

KajolThappar your character must be described and approved prior to posting. Therefore your posts have been delted. Please refer to Mímir's Well
START HERE. Information & Laws of Bifrost Bridge. Advice on Collaborative Storytelling.
and Heimdall's Hall .
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 am

Tiph, what exactly do the plasma rifles do? I mean, obviously they can kill, but can they just stun or wound?
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:35 am

Okay, scratch that last question. I found the R.A.I.D. information on the plasma guns. LOL sorry
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:47 am

I always play it, that RAID Enforcers/Agents are trained to follow a protocol which is stun first, and when necessary up the amps on their weapons.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Sorry the message that this board had replies went straight into my spam! Thanks, Yahoo! I will take a look at stuff and dive back into the story, thanks Tiph! alien
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Awesome... looks like we're going to Lake Placid, but please feel free to send us off somewhere else if you want to add in another little tangent to make it interesting. The Eden Foundation could always be more wide spread or something like that if you want to expand on one of your characters. If you have a plot idea, outline it here and we'll adhere to it. Doesn't have to be too complicated since we'll add the details as we go along, but for example, say you want to expand on Seizure... maybe she's from Atlanta or something, and you'd like to take the story there. Just tie something to what already exists and that's where we'll go.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Tiph, let me know if my post works for you. If not, I can change it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:54 pm

I am not sure if that's what you had in mind, Sin, but it just seemed to me that if the characters are already heading off to Lake Placid, where the detention centre is then Morgan's capture kind of works out. She will be taken to the Eastern RAID detention centre.

Now it's up to you of course what happens from here, but usually RAID is pretty difficult to escape from but if that's your desire, anything's possible as long as you support your writing.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:40 pm

To be quite honest, I didn't really have anything in mind except thinking along the lines of what Morgan would do and this seemed like something she would do.....draw attention to her so that Wraith could get out of there as she sees him as more important than herself right now. He has the know how to fix the antidote and she knows this. But, this works as well.

Now, how will she be treated? What will be used to contain her? Bindings? Drugs? Force? I want to play this out realistically, so suggestions would be helpful. And, as for her getting away.....I don't feel that it would be feasible for her to do so. She is just learning and accepting her full physical meta abilities, so she's stuck for now. LOL Although, as her attitude has changed, when able, she may just give them tit for tat.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Okay.....I'm a doofus. I re-read your post and saw how RAID will keep her contained. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Hehe... no problem. Those are standard RAID procedures that have been established in earlier chapters. I always go on the premise that RAID specializes in taking down and containing Meta-humans... its what they do, so if one was to out smart them you'd have to write out of the box.

What I usually do in impossible situations and work from the outside in, developing a believable hole first through some means then trying to believably have the character discover and go for it. Sometime, I have them fail... sometimes they succeed... honestly... I flip a coin and write accordingly when I can't decide.

Sometimes bringing in other characters helps, but in order to believably do that, one would have to established something in earlier posts, other wise it just appears to be 'convenient writing'. Realistically you should draw from what's at hand and try and work your way through it.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 am

Okay, I know that for the most part, they are going to keep Morgan drugged. What else would they do? What exactly is this experiment you mentioned that Jacobson is wanting to do?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:08 am

Oh, Jacobson wouldn't get Morgan right away even if he could. She would have to go through normal RAID processing... after that, her basic 'human' rights go down the toilet.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:15 am

Okay, I will make the appropriate changes. I am assuming that she would be bound and taken to the transportation vehicle and none too gently.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:17 am

ah... I see... if Jacobson was going to carry out any tests it was to see if the 'serum' would have the same addictive effects on a Meta-human. Nothing that sinister... at least I can't think of anything else Jacobson would want to trial, but then again he is involved with many other forms of experimentation. Still, they have a van waiting to take her away, but it's up to you.

Depending on what occurs just make sure that the RAID team eventually packs up and goes, they wouldn't stick around all night if they are not needed and also, someone on the team would be interested in questioning her about the big blonde haired guy that was with her and what specifically they were after.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:30 am

Okay, let me know if that works.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 am

seems cool. I always play RAID a little more professionally since most are in fact ex-marines, FBI or sometimes cops. The best way to explain unprofessional behaviour is that RAID's recruitment program is starting to degrade and goons are slipping through the cracks.

Most of the time I look at RAID enforcers and agents as men and women who truly believe that they are serving their country by protecting it from the menace of rogue Meta-humans. To them Meta's would be viewed kind of like illegal aliens except because their rights are lifted it allows them to use whatever force is necessary to enforce the law. Most of them though are still decent people who extend the same rights to them as they would any other person.

All police officers are subjected to psychological profiling to ensure that they are right for the job, however, these tests are often skewed by corruption within the force. We can assume that RAID is no different and perhaps once in a while we will come across some undisciplined RAID enforcers and agents but they would not be common.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Okay, Tiph. Now, I know which detention center Morgan is going to, what I don't know is how to play out the 'finding out what her abilities are' scenario. I will do the best I can and if changes need to be made, please tell me and I will make them.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Okay, so basically, Morgan is being taken to a secret base, somewhere around the town of Childress, Texas, which is near the Oklahoma state line. I say, 'secret' because its kept off the maps, but the locals would be well aware of the compound. It will be surrounded by a razor wire and electric fence with signs all over saying something like, No Trespassing by order of R.A.I.D. Nothing advertising what the facility actually is, but no one is going to risk trespassing.

At the processing station they will decide which facility to send, Morgan to. As I mentioned, it would logically be West or East, I don't think they'd ship her South or up to Canada's Northern Detention Facility. Where she goes is up to you, I wrote in that Wraith is thinking the Eastern one, but he is unaware of the three others.

As I also mentioned the testing at the processing compound is quite primitive to what they have at a detention centre. Basically, they can only inquire and hope that the prisoner is compliant since any tests that they try, the mutant could probably fake their way through, after all they are not going to endanger the Meta's life.

I think that Morgan would probably be at the Processing compound, awaiting judgment for a day. If you pause at some point in your story because you are unsure how to proceed and I can jump in and carry on the roles of RAID. I am usually pretty good at portraying government types.

At the detention center they will probably start with drugs to create hallucinations in order to force the mutant to use their powers in a defensive fashion. This would of course, be just one of several methods. In my opinion, once they have you, I just assume that they will eventually learn what your powers are either through some sort of test or passive torture, such as limited food and isolation.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Someone else that I think would probably excel at portraying RAID would be Sir Easy. Maybe he might want to jump into a black and red suit at some time.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:31 am

I am a little stumped. I have been racking my brains trying to figure out why Morgan's defense attorney, Miss White (Sara-lynn) would be on the same plane along with a prisoner on her flight to Buffalo?

Sara-lynn hovers between a Community Character and a Personal NPC of Wraith so there is absolutely no problem with other writers moving her along, but please support your reasoning when she is suddenly moved from one setting to another. It's a little confusing.

Until, Sigma's telephone conversation with Seizure continues, the scene is somewhat frozen for now. No rush at the moment.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:45 am

Oh, sorry. Embarassed Hadn't really thought about it like that, but it makes sense now that you mention it. I will change it, hon. It's not a problem. I should have paid closer attention. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next