Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites

Go down 
+3
RPMistress
Lac'Nal
Vaudeville
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:26 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Lothaire

Marooned again. "C'est des conneries!" cursed Reynard. How many times could one man wash up on a beach? That was what he had thought when had escaped the British occupied French ship which he had boarded a week prior to her untimely end.

When the She Wolf had bore her fangs and descended upon the three masted schooner , Jean LeBlanc, otherwise known as Lothaire de Baptiste was in the brig. He had just joined the crew and was already tossed in chains for insubordination. It wasn't his fault that he was exceptionally lucky but then as fate would have it one crafty old sea-dog discovered his weighted dice. It was not his fault either that the men couldn't stab a keg and after one ended up on the end of his sword he was shackled and awaiting his execution.

Fortune it seemed smiled upon the Fox and it was only a few hours later after his imprisonment that the Brits boarded the Hallebarde. After a short parlay, the French captain had accepted their terms and surrendered, leaving Reynard in limbo, but very much alive. Just for how long, was debatable, since the Englishmen who already didn't much care for the French, disliked French criminals all the more. Lothaire, thus wasted little time in greasing up his wrist with a wad of fat from his meal.

Before the She Wolf's canons, riddled the decks of the Hallebarde, the lithe corsair had managed to slip his rather slender hand out of his shackle. He freed himself and amidst the confusion of the attack slipped over the side of the ship and swam to freedom, but not before alleviating a few Englishmen of their boots and gear.

Reynard, took a bite of his fruit then retracted his spy glass as he chewed down the juicy white flesh. From his high vantage point, perched atop a peak of rock, he could clearly see the two Captains. The taller man was Raider and the other Anne Bonney, he'd know them anywhere, but why were they here? That was the question, but Lothaire honestly didn't care for the answer. All he knew, was that one of their ships was going to get him off of this rock, but first he had to determine who, if any at all might be marking him as the betrayer of Le Soleil Noir and it's most respected Captain Camponeault.

It was Camponeault who had made him aware of the two legendary pirates in parlay just down the beach from him. The old pirate had met them on a few occasions and spoke highly of them both, but that hardly meant they could be trusted. Quite to the contrary, they were two of the most vicious buccaneers on the seven seas and Reynard would have to time his introduction well or else suffer the same fate as all the other loose tongued bastards that died at their hands.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Max_art_bg

Babe spied the rum soaked monkey just down the beach, the master at arms quickly gripped one of his many pistols and watched the treeline. Babe shuffled across the sand back to where Captain Anne was.

He knew that Raider was out there somewhere and although Babe thought he was self worshipping fancy boy, Raider was also one man that you'd be foolish to underestimate.

Babe cocked the hammer on his pistols and watched for any movement on the beach.

"'Ave you seen 'im Captain?, where ever 'is mangy monkey is 'e's not far behind."

Babe whistled loudly and motioned to some of the crew, they drew their weapons and moved slowly up the beach towards the Captain and Babe. About 8 men were nearby, they had assorted weapons, swords, dirks and a few pistols and single shot rifles. They crept cautiously towards Captain Anne and Babe, many of these men were young but their time on the She Wolf had turned them into seasoned fighters.

Babe continued to motion to the men as they came near, they spread out around Babe and the Captain in an effort to protect their lady Captain.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:46 am

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Anne_b11

As soon as Raider came into view, Anne Pulled the hammer back on her pistol. Her eyes narrowed dangerously and she just stood there staring daggers at the handsome rogue. He hadn’t changed a lick and while she should have pulled the trigger on her gun to end his lies, she simply couldn’t. Not yet, anyway.

”Aye, Babe….lookit what th’mangy monkey dragged outta hiding.”

Anne’s crew brandished their weapons and cocked their guns ready to fire when Raiser stepped out of his hiding place. Taking a few steps that would place her at the forefront of her crew, she let her eyes take in his form before bringing her cold glare back to his handsome face.

”Save yer words, ye silver tongued bastard. An the price on me head is now the same as yers so I dunna wanna hear any nonsense as that. Seems when ye snuck out on me tha’ night, I took it a little hard and turned into quite th’murdering bitch. Livin’ up t’me name, I suppose ye could say.”

Gripping her pistol better, Anne nodded back towards Babe.

”I be goin’ no where without me Babe. He be th’only man never let me down. Unlike ye, ye scurvy infested bloke. SO tell me, Raider, me boyo, what brings ye t’this lovely paradise? Hm? And….where be th’Bill O Rights? And better yet…..th’rest of yer scraggly crew? Might as well tell me now ‘for me crew finds ‘em and brings ‘em t’me.”
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:05 am

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Captai12 "Charmin as ever I see, me Darlin' Captain. As ta why I be har......well now that be a commision does bring me har. A commision that well may be of intrest ta ye. An "The Bill Of Rights" be sailin under British colors as we speak. Stolen it was with Young Jimmy 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Jimmy10 kidnapped, clapped in irons, with members of me crew, it be Admiral Galworth of the HMS Minerva that be stealin The Bill of Rights ........ I nare did sneak out on ye darlin', ye was privy ta tha meeting I was a goin ta. A meetin' that was but a trap ta clap the pair of us in irons and take us ta a long drop on a short rope as it were. Them Redcoat bastards were but a street away from ye."
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:23 am

Anne actually started laughing when she heard Raiders story. Her crew members started laughing with her as well and soon the whole lot of them were chuckling a great deal.

”Stolen, ye say? Right out from under ye nose? And she be flyin’ th’Union Jack? With members of ye crew still on board? Oh now that be a right fancy story ye be tellin’, Raider, me boyo.”

Her laugher soon faded as did the smile on her face. The gun she held was still being pointed squarely at Raider’s chest.

”I be born but not yesterday, Raider. Ye honestly expect me t’stand here an’ believe what ye be sayin’? Ye’ve gone daft, ye have. Ye would never leave th’Rights in such a position as t’let anyone take ‘er from ye. Let alone them serpents known as th’Royal Navy. How ‘bout ye try tellin’ me th’truth? Hm? Ye might live a few minutes longer ifins ye do.”
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:43 am

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Captai14 'Tis the gospel I be speakin' ta ye Anne. . ........ Stolen it was by a British Ship and crew flyin French Colors. Ye be shootin' me if ye wants. If ye do then it is the only plunder ye be takin from this rock. When ye could have an equal share of the whole of Dread Williams cache." Raider said calmly, he then tossed a stone 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Roseru10 the size of a ostrich egg to Anne " I remembers a time in Singapore ........ Ye do what ye will me love." And Raider looking coldly at Anne.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 April_10While the crew and Anne were concentrating on Raider, Meggie was shimmying her bound hands underneath her rear end, damn near popping her shoulders out of joint, then pulling her legs through her arms so that now, her bound hands were in front of her instead of behind her. Taking the gag out of her mouth, she quickly set to untying the knots with her strong teeth, keeping a watch on the crew...stopping whenever one of them looked back to check on her. Luckily, they were too intent on what was going on between their captain and Raider to pay her much mind.

Once she was free, she loosened the rope around her throat and slipped it off of her head. Looking around, her sharp mind quickly took in what was going on around her and where everyone was. She knew where her short spears were hidden for after the last lot that had come to her island, she'd hidden weapons everywhere. Question was, could she get to them without being detected and maybe get Raider out of this predictament she'd gotten him into.

Quietly, she crawled over to the tall grass, heading for a small rock formation where she had 3 short spears and 2 knives hidden beneath. Only problem was, she wasn't sure just what to do next, not when she saw that she only had a few weapons and they had pistols. She was only one girl against all of Anne's crew and Raider was standing in front of pistols ready to shoot him. She had to get to the others for inside those caverns was a hidden cache of weapons she'd made over the years. They were primitive, but effective if one knew how to fight with spears and knives.

As she made her way to the trees, she heard a shout and knew that they'd spotted her missing. Quickly, she shimmied up the trees and made her way via the tree limbs to the caverns where the others were hidden. She knew that she had to watch out for the big black man that had caught her the first time. He could maneuver the trees just as well as she could and that frightened her.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 pm

Lothaire almost chocked on his fruit when he saw the gem that Raider had tossed to Bonney. It shone in the light like nothing he had seen before, with that he could buy his own ship!

The pirate coughed up and spat out the chunk of fruit that had caught in his throat then resumed his watch. From the looks of things Raider was playing the only card he had left in his hand. It was one of hell of an expensive ace up his sleeve and Reynard wondered if it would ensure his life against Bonney's rowdy band.

No being able to hear or make out what they were discussing, Lothaire could only assume that they had some kind of disagreement, or perhaps an old score was being settled. Whatever the reason, Raider was outnumbered and if he lived it presented an opportunity for the crafty Frenchman.

Lothair scanned the area quickly then closed his spy glass and tucked it away. Deftly he scampered down the rock face and into the jungle making his way along the cover of the trees along the beach. He kept his distance, knowing that there'd be some scurvy dog with the hearing of one among the rabble. He had to wait for the right opportunity and tangling with eight or more seasoned seaman wasn't exactly the odds he was looking for.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 April_10Meggie was able to lose the few sailors giving chase, when she spotted something moving into the trees along the tall beach grass. Her curiosity getting the better of her, she moved quietly through the tree limbs to where she'd seen the movement. Her fear was it was someone sneaking up behind Raider and that just would not do.

When she spotted the young man, she stopped and watched him, her green eyes narrowed. Was he one of Anne's crew? Something told her that he wasn't. Just the way he moved and acted. She may have been naive, but she was not stupid.

Following from above, she suddenly dropped down on top of him, wrapping long legs around him and knocking him to his back. Straddling his chest, she held one of the knives to his throat.

"Who are you?! How did you get onto my island?!"

Her voice was merely a whisper, but the knife at his throat and the look in her green eyes as well as the bruising on her pretty face told the young man that she was not fooling around and would slit his throat in a heartbeat. Her green eyes were flashing as Meggie peered into the man's face while she listened for any of the sailors to approach. When she heard movement through the brush, she leaned into the man.

"If you want to live, you'll follow me."

Meggie let him up and took off through the trees. She stopped long enough to look at him and motion for him to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:17 pm

Lothaire had no idea what to make of the 'savage-girl'. He motioned as if to follow her and when she turned her back he went the other way, tucking his pistol back into his belt. Lothaire really didn't want to have shoot the girl, but he would have if she had put that blade any closer to his throat.

Reynard was fast man and hastened through the foliage, getting as far away from the crazy woman as possible. Who ever she was, she had been on this island long enough to addle her brain and she would only end up getting him killed. He had seen it happen to people before who had been away from civilization for too long and knew enough to avoid her.

He found a narrow ravine to follow. It offered good cover and along it he could move quicker than through the dense brush. He made sure to keep his distance from the group of pirates and only wanted to get a little closer to the situation to lend a hand to Captain Raider. Know doubt he would be quite grateful if he were able to get him out his current predicament, that is if he hadn't already taken care of that himself.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:21 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 April_10Meggie turned around and saw the man running the other way. Shaking her head, she figured if that's what he wanted to do then so be it. She ran back through the trees, towards the caves keeping an eye out for any of Anne's crew. She slowed down, keeping herself calm so that she could be as quiet as possible. She didn't know what to do and was becoming anxious which could lead to mistakes being made and she didn't want to be caught again.

Once she was close to the caves, she waited and listened, making sure that she wasn't followed before she entered. Making her way through the twists and turns, she finally made it back to the main area where she saw Mr. O'Hara speaking to Bryn and the others. When all eyes turned to her, she became uncomfortable, feeling as if she were being judged. When asked how she got loose, she explained what she'd done, the man she'd run into, and heading here.

"I have spears and knives hidden further on back if they will be of use, but the lady captain.....I want her!!"

Meggie's green eyes were spitting fire, her bruised face livid. If she stayed angry then she wouldn't think about what could have happened when she'd been tied to the tree. She ran back through the darkness, knowing the way by heart, to her stash of weapons. She grabbed as many spears as she could carry, brought them up to Bryn, Atien and the others, then ran back and retrieved as many knives as she could carry. She grabbed a belt she'd made from skins that had loops to carry the knives and belted it around her slim waist. Next she slid about 5 knives into the loops before grabbing a spear.

"I have hidden weapons all over the island, but it would take too long to tell you where they are all at, so I will tell you what to look for. Any odd small rock formations will have something hidden there, the smallest rock is the marker. It will be at least one short spear and 2 knives."

Turning, she began to run out of the caves then stopped.

"Are you coming?! We cannot let her hurt Raider or anyone else!!"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 am

When Anne saw the jewel Raider tossed at her, she thought she was seeing things for a moment there. And of course the mention of Singapore was an open wound she didn’t care to discuss. But if it hadn’t been for Raider, she would be exploring Davey Jones’ locker for it was a time just before she met Babe and he became the most trusted member of her crew.

As Anne’s eyes darted form the jewel to Raider then back again, it was clear she was weighing her options. Dread William’s map was the most sought after map in all the seas. And it appeared Raider had his hands on it. Finally she slowly released the hammer of the pistol and stowed her weapon. Of course the rest of her crew kept their weapons trained on the man while Anne moved forward to examine the jewel.

When she heard the commotion caused by the chit getting loose, Anne put her hand up and ordered the crew to stand down.

”Stand down! I’ll not ‘ave me crew chasin’ a wild girl hither and tither. She be comin’ back ‘round soon enough. We’ll deal with her then.”

Reaching down and picking the jewel up, she stood and examined it even more before turning and smiling at Babe as she handed him the ostrich egg sized gem.

”Take a gander at this, Babe. It be genuine indeed.”

As Babe took the gem from Anne, she turned to look back at Raider and smiled.

”Well…..looks like ye saved yer worthless carcass once again, Raider. Since I know ye ain’t alone here, what say ye get the rest o’yer crew out here so we can talk business proper like, hm?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 am

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Atien

Atien, Brynn and O’Hara were discussing what was happening at the beach when Meggie busted in and started gathering primitive weapons. The three looked at each other then looked at Meggie. When the girl started running back out of the cave with knives and spears, Atien quickly spoke up.

“You be out of your mind, Miss. Dare be no way you can take on Captain Anne’s crew wit nothing but knives and spears. Dey be a mean lot and well trained in de use of guns. You would not make it two feet onto de beach before dey shoot you dead. Captain Raider, he and Captain Anne have history. She not be killing de man she love. Or at least used to.”

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Bryn04

Bryn and O’Hara exchanded looks then looked to Meggie as well.

”Meggie, Atien is right. Your weapons are excellent for hunting and what not, but they are of no use against seasoned pirates like Anne’s crew. It’s best you stay here, with us, and when Raider sends for us, then we go out. I trust Atien. I don’t think this woman will kill Raider.”

Bryn looked to O’Hara then and nodded taking his offered hand. Her foot was still not healed. In fact, it had quite a ways to go yet before it was back to normal and it still hurt to put any kind of pressure on it so she had to rely on Atien and O’Hara for support to help her get around. And as it was right now, she wasn’t going anywhere too fast.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:07 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 April_10Meggie stood there for a moment, weighing what Bryn and Atien had said in her mind. She looked at the primitive weapons in her hands then pictured the guns in her mind. She was beginning to feel that her life was turning upside down.....again and she didn't know what to do about it. She knew she was a woman grown, but that she didn't have the social skills of wild boar and that put her at a disadvantage with everyone else here on the island. Nodding her head, she put her weapons back feeling rather foolish and ashamed for what she saw as stupidity but was in all actuality simple her being naive.

She walked over to where she kept her dried healing plants and grabbing the mortar and pestle, she began to make another poultice for Bryn's foot, having noticed how she was still limping. Once it was made, she bade her to sit and gently lifted her foot onto her lap so that she could apply the poultice. It would soothe the pain and make it a little easier for her to bear weight on it. She would still need Atien's help, but it wouldn't pain her so much. Once she was done, gently lay her foot back down.

"I am not wise in the ways of your people, Miss Brynn. I have been here too long with only animals to speak to and have all but forgotten the ways of people. I barely remember my own mother and father. I know that I am quick to act and think second....I also know that if I am to survive I must change that. I do not like this lady captain....she let her men touch me and it was wrong of her to do so. If Raider and all of you go with her, I do not know what I will do for she would let her men hurt me and maybe even you, Brynn."

Meggie looked up at Brynn, then to Atien, her green eyes filled with emotion. She truly had no idea what she was going to do now. Life had been easier before everyone had invaded her island. Now, she wondered if she would be allowed to leave with them if they did indeed leave since it looked like the only way off of the island was with the lady captain and she didn't trust this woman or her men.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:31 am

Babe took the Ruby from Anne, it was the size of breakfast biscuit and just as thick. It glittered in the sun, it was the largest of it's kind that Babe had ever seen. Babe tucked it into his sash as the Captain accepted it from Raider. Babe was eager to keep the gem too, but taking it in exchange for not killing Raider may just be like making a deal with the devil. Babe did not like the young man, the Irishman thought he was a man with two faces. In their line of work it paid to trust no one, but it was more than mistrust with Raider, the young captain seemed to get off on toying with Captain Anne and this was something Babe could not abide.

However, Babe thought that at the very least they could get their hands on the Williams map and dump young Captain Raider into the salty drink and be done with him. Babe smiled at this thought, if Captain Anne was the one to lead a crew to the Williams cache she would be legendary, the queen of all freelance merchants (Babe never referred to he and Anne as 'pirates').

Babe was back on his feet after the Captain called for Raider to reveal his numbers. Anne's men still stood ready to attack as Babe walked over to Raider.

"How is it that no one's put a rope about ye yet boy?" Babe growled as he greeted the long haired sailor.

"Ye can keep your weapons for now but any daft moves and I'll give ye the business, I'll send ye straight to God's kingdom if ye don't behave." Babe warned Raider as he looked him over.

Raider was a little thinner then the Irishman remembered but a long holiday on this small island would reduce any man to bare bones. A little thin or not Raider was a fierce fighter and a dangerous man.

"Where is ye band of merry men boy? 'Ave 'em come out a show themselves before the Captain has us go and get 'em."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:58 am

Lothaire stowed away in a gully within ear shot of the big Irishman that his fellow crewmen had addressed as 'Babe'. He had caught sight of him pocketing the treasure and although he currently had no intention of attempting to lift it Reynard would not be keeping true to his name if he didn't keep an eye on the whereabouts of the precious gem.

The big man was setting the Captain straight and then he mentioned something that Lothaire found very interesting. Raider's crew was on the island. This presented a bit of a conundrum for the Frenchman, namely, 'which side to ally himself with?'. Reynard wanted to keep his options open, but most importantly he wanted to make sure he got of the god-forsaken island. He swore he'd never allow himself to be marooned again and he aimed to keep that promise.

Quiet as the fox he was named after, Lothaire stayed put and kept an ear out for anymore information he could use to his advantage.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 am

Anne watched Babe instruct her crew and saw the way the men responded to his commands as though she were giving them herself. It made her proud to know her crew was as responsive to her man at arms as they were to her. Not many crews could boast such a thing. In fact, of all the ships in the world that sailed the seas like she and Babe did, she could think of only one ship that could even come close to such a boast and that was The Bill of Rights. Only right now, it wasn’t under Raider’s command.

And that pained her for some reason. Of all the men in all the world to happen upon right now, Anne just happened to stumble across the one man she was so angry with she had driven her crew almost to exhaustion to find him. And just when she thought she’d never find him and had actually taken a moment to rest from months of constant working and searching, he appears as if from thin air.

Anne didn’t believe in coincidence.

There was a reason she was placed on this island at this time. A reason her ship and crew had made short work of the detested British ship. A reason Raider was on this island. And a reason his beloved ship was being held hostage by the slimy Brits. A plan was already forming in Anne’s mind about all of this but before she voiced any of it to Babe, she wanted to see just how much of Raiders crew was on the island. If the numbers were right, she’d be able to pluck off several birds with one well placed cannon ball.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 am

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Bryn04

Brynn listened to Meggie talk as the girl once more doctored the foot the scorpion ant had taken a liking to. There was no doubt the girl had knowledge of healing herbs and plants. The proof was in the way the pain, what little there was starting up, left Brynn’s foot the instant the herbs were placed on the sting mark of the foot.

There was so much about Meggie that reminded Brynn of herself that she couldn’t help but chuckle softly at the irony of it all. How could Meggie think she could instantly know what to do when all her life she’s been alone, on a deserted island with no human interaction? It was impossible. And it wasn’t something she would learn overnight.

”Thank you. That feels much better. Meggie….remember, you aren’t like other women. Your story is extraordinary. One other women would clearly have fallen victim to because they lack the strength and determination you do. You won’t learn everything overnight. It will take time. Some things, a lot of time. But don’t think you’ll never get the hang of all of this. It’s not as easy as it looks. It takes time to learn all the rules. Or make your own. Either way, just like learning to live on this island, you’ll learn to live among people again.”

”As far as the lady Captain’s men….I’m afraid that’s something you’ll have to content with all your life. Rather you be on an island, on a ship or in the middle of a city. It’s been that way between men and women since there have been opposite sexes. It’s just the way men intimidate women and make them feel less like humans and more like property. You can either let it make you a victim or you can become a stronger person and prove to them you won’t be muscled around and treated like that. Take what you’ve learned from this experience and use it to your advantage. I would say the lesson learned here is not to let yourself get into that sort of situation a next time. And don’t worry about what her men might try to do to me.”
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:05 am

Raider 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Captai13, looked from Anne to Babe then back to Anne, smiled slyly and said "Tis yur First Mate now yur personal treasure chest now Anne me love? It not be gettin' past me eye, that the trinket I be given ye, has found it's way ta Babes sash.... it has." Raider had a respect for Babe but respecting, liking and trusting where all different matters. Of all those had come in contact with in his proffesion, there were very few he truely trusted .......... Captain Anne Bonnie and Mr. O'Hara were two, but not necessarily in that order.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am

Anne knew that smile and couldn’t help but offer one of her own. Glancing over at Babe then turning her eyes to Raider once more, she nodded slightly.

”Aye. Babe be me treasure chest. With th’gem in his possession I be knowin’ no one will try to lift if fer they’re own booty. After all, would YOU try to get close t’Babe and take it away from him? Slick like or not? I be thinkin’ who ever be eye ballin’ that precious gem will be thinking twice and realizin’ they may reach out with a hand but they be pullin’ back a bloody stump. Just before Babe shoots ‘em ‘tween the eyes, of course.”

Anne knew Raider would understand the underlying message in her words. And not only Raider, but the rest of her crew who would have been thinking of taking the gem for their own. Something like that had happened just a few times in the past and what Anne said about pulling back a bloody stump then being shot between the eyes was not just a story. And it was because of just such punishment her crew knew exactly what line not to cross with her.

”Come, Raider…you and I have much t’talk about. Babe and th’others can wait to greet yer crew. Oh…and leave that flea bitten varmint Billy Bones in th’jungle where he belongs. I’ll not be havin’ him infect my crew with mange or some nasty affliction like that.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:49 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 April_10Meggie listened to Bryn's words and knew there was truth to them.

"Thank you, Miss Brynn.....for understanding what I am feeling. As for this lady captain's men.....never again will they touch me! If this is what men do to women then I want no part of it! I used to dream of being rescued by a handsome man who would make me his wife, but now.....no. Not if this is the way it is. I have taken care of myself for years on this island and I need no man to order me about or touch me when I don't wish to be touched!"

Meggie's green eyes looked into Brynn's, her fiery nature coming to light.

"What do we do now? Do we stay here....do we rescue Raider.....what? I do not trust this lady captain or her men and I don't think Raider should either."

In the very next instant, Meggie switched faces and became a worried girl again.

"Will you and Atien help me learn to be with people again?"

She trusted Brynn and Atien, finding Atien somewhat nice to look at although she would never say so.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:13 am

Lothaire listened carefully to the conversation between Raider and the woman Captain. Seemed they shared a past that ended badly, as most things did. Pity she gave the gem to the gorilla, gettin' it away from the giant Irishman would be task to be sure, but Reynard had a trick or two up his sleeve. First he'd have to find a way to mix in with the crew though, and upon hearing that Raider's men would be joining their Captain shortly began to work on a plan.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 am

Babe grit his teeth as Raider spoke to Anne, the Irishman was now remembering how he hated the young captain, Babe hoped that Raider would make move that would not please Anne and she would at last give him the order....

"I'd give this gem away now to kill that scab..." Babe thought to himself.

But it was not his call, at least not now. Anne knew what she was doing.

Babe called the 8 or 10 crew members to his side and ordered them to look sharp and to round up Raider's crew (what was left of them) and to take them aboard.

Babe wondered if O'Hara had survived the battle, Babe always kinda liked the man. Do not misunderstand, Raider's first mate was a scoundrel with a heart of stone, all qualities that Babe admired.

Wasn't it just a few years ago the two Irishmen were drinking together, before the two Captains had their firery love affair? It seemed like another lifetime. Babe was curious as to how long Raider and his men had been at the sail, the She Wolf was nearly two years in the water, had the Bill Of Rights been at sea just as long?

"Find Raider's men boys, no need to be gentle boyos, the captain wants them aboard."

Babe and his men fanned out to gather up the remainder of Raider's men.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Mr_ohara

O'Hara had followed his captain's orders and stealthily stole into the shadows of the jungle foliage. He had learned to implicitly trust Raider's judgement and rarely if ever questioned his motives except when it came to Captain Anne Bonney. She was as sure a witch if ever there was one to sail the seas and if'n he ever got the chance he'd plunge his dagger into her back and release Raider from whatever spell she'd cast on him. He'd bide his time until that day and await word from his trusted friend and captain to learn what there next move would be. He wondered though, how Raider would get a message to him. Surely, Captain Bonney, would not be so foolish as to allow Billy Bones to accompany Raider, at least not unless the little spy was tethered tight.

As the lithe man slipped through the forest like a phantom something caught his ear. "The red-headed wench.", he thought and his mouth twisted into a fiendish smile. Maybe she'd give him just the excuse he was looking for and slowly he slid a pistol out from his belt. Slowly then he crept round a small ridge of rock, his keen eyes searching all around, especially the tree tops for any sign of the savage girl. It was then that he noticed the odd bow of tree to his left, unfortunately he was too late to recognize it as a trap.

The branch had been drawn tight and held in place by a vine. There was a snapping sound ahead of him, then a heavy branch lashed out catching the slim man in the back, knocking him forward and down a small slope. Despite his uncontrolled tumble, O'Hara held fast to his pistol and pointed it about menacingly when he landed at the bottom of the sandy depression. Spinning around and rising to his feet a hard boot struck his hand, disarming him and the experienced swordsman just managed to draw his dirk in time to parry a cutlass that would have slit his throat.

A swarthy skinned man with raging green eyes forced the first mate back into a tree and even as O'Hara threw a hard kick to his attacker's mid-section that quick man slipped to the side with an expert dodge. He then continued to press his sword against the dirk forcing O'Hara to grab at the man's sword arm with his free hand, locking them in a deadly wrestling match.

"I'll not be put down by any scurvy rat o' the She Wolf!" Spat O'Hara as the wiry man twisted and pushed against his brawny opponent's strong grip. The man was smaller in stature but definitely stronger, meaning that were he to survive this fight O'Hara would have to out smart his opponent.

O'Hara tried to conserve his energy unfortunately relaxing meant allowing his own blade to come uncomfortably close to his own throat and if he unexpectedly tired it was end game. The smaller man continued to hold him and the situation seemed dire but then he spoke, "I am not from de She Wolf. Who are you?" he demanded in a heavy French accent.

"First mate o' the Bill of Rights, mate." O'Hara growled his answer, taking advantage of the extra time to make his move, but then the man quickly jumped back releasing him.

The Frenchman, confidently held his sword high between them, but it was evident that he was suddenly more full of questions than fight. "You are not from de She Wolf? Are you with de Captain Raider?"

O'Hara straightened up and composed himself. He considered for a moment attempting to snap draw one of his pistols and being rid of this nuisance but then again, perhaps the Frenchman could be of some use to him. "Aye, Frenchie, if'n ya haven't a guessed the Bill o' Rights be Raider's boat. Ye can address me as Mr. O'Hara. Now, who ye be?"

Not knowing whether or not he could trust this pirate, Reynard stuck with his fake name, "Jean. Jean LeBlanc. I am sorry for attacking you, Monsieur O'Hara, but that Captain Bonney's men are searching the island for your crew."

"Well, LeBlanc, you're not a member of me crew. So what's yer story?" Asked O'Hara already suspecting the name was an alias.

As the two men continued on their way, Reynard explained how he was on the British occupied French ship destroyed by the She Wolf. That he was in the brig and managed to escape for she went down. A story that, O'Hara could only accept as the truth as he couldn't for the life of him think of any other way a Frenchman could have ended up on the island anyways. He certainly wasn't a part of Bonney's crew, he was certain of that but he didn't trust the man's motives. LeBlanc, like all men was after something and O'Hara was sure it was more than just finding a way off of this rock. The man was quick though and knew how to use a sword. His use of a trap also demonstrated ingenuity which was an asset that O'Hara could find use for.

"Ye stick with me, Frenchie. I may have use for a man o' yer talents, but cross me once and I'll gut you just as sure as your standing there. You got me?" Growled O'Hara.

Reynard nodded and sheathed his sword.

"Good." Said O'Hara and they pressed onward through the jungle in search of Atien, Bryn and the rest of the crew.

Reynard followed closely behind his new shipmate. At least now he'd have a chance to get off the island and even better he was close to whatever this, 'Dread William's cache' was. If Raider had been willing to part with a gem that could purchase and man ship, then it could only be a fraction of an even greater treasure.

Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Raider slipped a grape to Captain Bill Bones 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Monkey10 as he sat on Raiders shoulder. After Captain Bonney stated : "I’ll not be havin’ him infect my crew with mange or some nasty affliction like that.”
Captain Billy Bones spat the half eaten grape at Captain Bonney, screached a lept from Raiders shoulder to the grond and scampered off into the tall sea grass, up a tall Coconut Palm and hid in the leaves scowling down at her.

"Ye know that the good Captain Billy, tis clean as a nun an not be afflictied with any maladies now Anne." Raider said then quickly added "Aye tis lots we have ta discuss. An a bit a rum to be drunk." Then Raider stepped to Captain Bonney and offered his hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: The Treasure Hunters-
Jump to: